[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a human, does it suck being the service of the Tau?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 34

As a human, does it suck being the service of the Tau?
>>
>>45397699
Yes.

You get sterilized, you're their canon fodder and you'll always be under the Tau in their hierarchy.
>>
>>45397699
Not as much as being in the service of the Imperium.
>>
>>45397699
Its 40K, no matter where you live your life is probably gonaa be shitty
>>
>>45397752
>Sterilized

Non-canon vidya

>Cannon fodder

They don't even use drones as cannon fodder.
>>
>>45397752
It has never stated that happens in the fluff, unless you wish to take dawn of war's fluff as official, but will just start a spiral of madness into multilasers, eldar being to stupid to speak English, and melta weaponry being unable to penetrate sheet metal.
>>
>>45397699
Yes, but no.

You're basically a second class citizen, but pretty much any non-ethereal is also second class, so its more like 2.5 class and the gap isn't that huge either, just don't expect to be allowed real weapons or mech suits when you get drafted as a meat shield for real Tau. You may have to undergo chemical castration, too.

But, on the other hand, its probably better than living in the sludgey bowels of Hive City Belial.
>>
>>45397699
Look at the Cain books, there's a gue'vesa in there that shows you that living in the Tau empire is by far the nicest place to live in 40k.
>>
Presumably, living under the Tau would be pretty baller considering...

>you would NOT be used as fodder (there's no reason to assume otherwise)
>you would NOT be burned alive for having been within 10 km of a daemon sighting
>you would NOT have to eat rehashed corpse rations
>you would NOT have to rely on shitty lastech to get shit done
>>
>>45397699
Yes in some ways but it can be better than your previous life depending on the context of your life. Don't get too friendly with the Tau. The rioting will soon begin.
>>
>>45397764

Serving the Tau: Better means to a worse end.

Serving the Imperium: The absolute most brutal and punishing means, to hopefully make the best ends for humanity.

A real man doesn't trade what is right and what must be done for mild comforts. Gue'vesa = shitty soft civilian crybabbies and Imperials = hardass face in the mud military.

Just look at the fluff story where they talk about how happy the IG were with how well the Tau were treating them. Can you just imagine the look on a grizzled cigar smoking sergeant or Commissar would give in response to that? Suck it up, faggot.
>>
Questions for /tg/ 40K-lore experts:

As a human under Tau rule will I ever be able to...

>have sex with a woman?
>eat half-decent food?
>raise a family?
>have any free time?
>gain upwards mobility?
>pilot those sick mech suits?
>>
>>45398041
>>have sex with a woman?

Yes.

>>eat half-decent food?

Yes.

>>raise a family?

Maybe? Not if the population control meme is canon.

>>have any free time?

You have it even in the imperium so obviously yes.

>>gain upwards mobility?

No, never. Not with the Tau. You can with the Imperium if you survive long enough.

>>pilot those sick mech suits?

Hell no dumbass. Most Tau don't even get to. It's like asking if a nigger could pilot a fighter jet if we still had slaves when even good non-blacks don't rate a jet.
>>
is there anything in the lore about deserter guardsmen running away with Tau tech and living a half decent life as free men?

I'd read that book...
>>
>>45398087
>living a half decent life
>in 40k
>as free men
>in 40k and not a rogue trader

Lol.
>>
>>45398000
>Imperium is a necessary evil

No, it really isn't. The Imperium is the result of all the Emperor's plans going horribly wrong. It's the failings of humanity that brought the Imperium to that point. Nobody forced them to do that.

The Imperium has been dying for the past several millennia, and their only end-goal is hoping the Emperor wakes up and magically makes everyone psykers to kill all the Daemons.
>>
>>45398041
yes
yes
yes
yes
unknown to me
NO. unless maybe you do suitably heroic shit, then maybe for propaganda.
>>
>>45398041
>>have sex with a woman?
Not while on duty, but neither do tau Rank&File soldiers.
>>eat half-decent food?
No, but neither does anybody else in 40k with occasional exception of Rogue Trader or Planetary Governor.
>>raise a family?
Should they live to see end of the war, yeah.
>>have any free time?
See above.
>>gain upwards mobility?
No.
>>pilot those sick mech suits?
Maybe - one in a million chance, and it will be just the smallest one.
>>
>>45398000
Trips, but to present another viewpoint:

In a short story, a world recently colonized by the Tau had fairly unhappy residents who worked to farm in fields, with robots playing recordings of propoganda about the Greater Good for them.

I feel like of course the Tau would go out of their way to get statements about how good life is in their empire, and how happy people are, but the civilians especially are basically trading one master for another.
>>
>>45398099
>trying to imply humanity would survive in M41 without the Imperium

This isn't M31, fool. Even during the Great Crusade, 99% of the fighting was saving human worlds from orks and shit.
>>
>>45397775
Your average craftworld eldar has it pretty good, aside from needing to be self disciplined for most of their lives, and fearing for their soul.
>>
>>45398041
Yes.

More yes.

Probably.

Yes.

Slightly.

Only in extremely rare cases.
>>
>>45398110
>No, but neither does anybody else in 40k with occasional exception of Rogue Trader or Planetary Governor.

There was a story about how the governor's grox burgers got mixed up with the military corpse rations, and when it was fixed, tons of people went crazy or killed themselves or starved because they tasted how delicious a hamburger was and couldn't go back to slop.
>>
>>45398132
To be fair, I doubt things would be worse for the galaxy if instead of everything being a bunch of feudal territories loosely united in a shared religion, it was a bunch of smaller territories spanning several systems with the same system of government.
>>
>>45397752
Non canon shit sorry dude.

Anyways, you get better weapons and armor than you would as a guardsman, and are less likely to randomly be sent to die, so it's pretty much just a win.
>>
>>45398132
Humanity wouldn't survive without some interstellar power with enough military might proportional to their current population level to protect them, no.

That doesn't mean the Imperium was the only thing that would have worked.

Are you trying to say that if the Emperor's plans had all succeeded (thereby eliminating the Imperium as we know it) that Humanity would have gone extinct? That the Imperium not being a shithole would make everyone die?
>>
Okay, so living under Tau rule sounds awesome.

Fuck the Imperium, I'm going to find me some Tau to befriend.
>>
>>45398179
That's assuming you're put in a military role at all. There are guevesa civilians.
>>
>>45397699

No worse than being a second class citizen in any of the real world's technologically modern but socially regressive authoritarian nations, like Saudi Arabia or China.
>>
>>45398152
Source?
That sounds like an pretty interesting
>>
>>45397699
No different than being a subservient culture in a real world empire. Get ready for a whole lotta rape my friend
>>
>>45398236
True, just it feels wrong to talk about a 40k person not being in combat.
>>
>>45397699
How could it suck when you're working for the greater good?
>>
>>45398000
>choosing a painful, hard life in a place where the justifications for your painful hardlife are kept in extreme secrecy.
Most imperial citizens just want to survive, and have some food, and some safety. The Tau not only provide this, but also have a generally feel good message of unity and hope that's very appealing to a group of people who call the current age the "Age of Ending".
>>
>>45398223
If you really don't care much about anything but your own pleasure in existence, then just go join Slaanesh. Even if you're not into that kind of thing now, they'd make sure you were, and you'd be loving every moment of it until they cast your broken corpse aside.
>>
>>45398236
Would suck to be a civvie under the tau for much the same reason that being a civilian in territories occupied by the Japanese empire sucked
>>
>>45398348
>implying the agriworlds that Tau recruit from know about Chaos
>implying self-interest is the same as batshit crazy hedonistic self destruction
>>
>>45398041
Yes, as long as she's in your caste and willing.

Yes, so long as you make sure you don't eat more than your share during shortages.

Yes, as long as your population isn't wildly out of control on your world. You may be required a term of service to have this depending on circumstance.

Yes, but the more of it you spend on tasks which benefit the community (a hobby or trained skill turned towards providing for others or training them in its use, for example) the more likely you are to receive preferential treatment and potentially allow humanity to elevate their status.

Not individually, but the actions of the Gue'vesa might see an advance in their status under the Greater Good, should they show themselves worthy.

No.
>>
>>45398445
But it is, technically. Your self-interest would eventually devolve into bashit hedonism, which would be possible to achieve provided you don't mind that everything about yourself, your goals, dreams and decisions are likely the domination of another individual, not like you'd actually have a problem with it once they got their hands on you.
>>
>>45398388
Tau don't rape en masse or set up Chinese Extermination Camps.
>>
>>45398143
>aside from having your homeworld destroyed by nids and spending most of your time in warp space
>>
File: guevesa draft.jpg (351KB, 1236x1323px) Image search: [Google]
guevesa draft.jpg
351KB, 1236x1323px
>1/2
>>
>>45398493
So Ayn Rand was a secret sex god?
>>
File: Imperial life in tau space.jpg (840KB, 1580x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial life in tau space.jpg
840KB, 1580x1101px
>>45398574
>2/2
>>
>>45398179
>Anyways, you get better weapons and armor than you would as a guardsman
Cite needed - the only current rules have regular IG kit for everyone except the squad leader who might get a pulse rifle.
>>
>>45398611
>the only current rules
what would that rules be?
>>
>>45398567
Most Eldar do not experience either of those things.
>>
>>45397699
I remember seeing a webcomic about a guy who was a human serving with tau. It was reasonably well drawn for a webcomic.
Can't remember the name, if anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>45398627
IA3 2nd ed,
>>
>>45398200

The Imperium is the only thing that will work NOW though. And Tau are NOW. The situation is NOW, Tau vs. Imperium.

The fuck are YOU "trying to say"?
>>
>>45397699
For an average soldier, it'd probably be at least somewhat better under the Tau.

Wouldn't change much for the civillians, but probably a little less chance for Exterminatus-ing (or more, depending on where their planet is).
>>
Since the Tau are pretty sophisticated, is it fair to say they could provide better medical

Could they cure illnesses the Imperium couldn't?

Could they genetically enhance future generations of humanity?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 825x692px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 825x692px
>>45398652
>>
>>45398681
Highest potential medical care is probably better in the Imperium, but only a very select few would have any access to anything.

The average Tau would probably get good enough care, though.
>>
File: 1369806653981.jpg (129KB, 704x672px) Image search: [Google]
1369806653981.jpg
129KB, 704x672px
>>45398592
Man I trust this Tau propoganda as much as I trust the Imperial propoganda or all that shit Chaos cultists say about being the winner all the time.
>>
>>45398668
Quality of life would probably be better over all for any human. It'd be just as authoritarian, but the actual quality of life would be better, and you might even have more rights depending on what kind of Imperial world you belonged to. People forget that the Imperium is huge and varies widely in culture and custom from world to world. There are many worlds in the Imperium with decent standards of living, just as there are worlds where existence is a living hell.
>>
File: Guevesa2.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Guevesa2.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>45398041

>have sex with a woman?

If you can find a woman who's willing to have sex with you.

>eat half-decent food?

Yes.

>have any free time?

Yeah sure.

>gain upwards mobility?

I think that among your fellow humans you could have upward mobility. So you could potentially rise as high as the leader of a regiment of humans serving under the Tau, or some sort of human ambassador that deals with other cultures or serves as an intermediary.

>pilot those sick mech suits?

The Tau share their tech, but I doubt they'd share the mech suits unless there was a real reason to do so. Be satisfied with sick ass pulse rifles, a hammerhead, or whatever else. Don't expect the top tier shit.

>raise a family?

Questionable. My interpretation is that sterilization is something the Tau do in certain circumstances, not some genocidal thing they do against all humans. And especially if you were a willing fighter for the Tau and not some citizen captured through conquest, there'd be no logic to sterilizing you. If you have babies, that's more babies that'll fight for the Tau one day.
>>
>>45398681

Fucking moron. The Tau DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HUMANS. All the idiots in this thread get fooled by their propaganda even IN REAL LIFE.

The amount of morons in this thread thinking a human would even be allowed to touch a Crisis Suit is proof enough.
>>
>>45398681
The sciences of the Biologis haven't really declined in the Imperium, just hoarded for higher use, as a result it's safe to say that the Magos Biologis completely blow the Tau out of the metaphorical water in medicine and general biological knowledge.
>>
>>45398681
>Could they cure illnesses the Imperium couldn't?
Well, for starters they would at the very least try to.
>>
>>45398800

Tau can't even into longer lifespan without some memory chip bullshit. Imperium literally has immortality baths.
>>
>>45398493
Ah, yes, because people who immigrate away from the country they were born in are all hedonists for caring more about themselves than the country they were born in.
>>
>>45398681
They have different biology. I doubt the tech would be compatible with humans.
>>
>>45398786
There's an Ex-inquisitor who got his own Crisis suit, canonically.

Tau probably care more about individual human lives than most higher-ups in the Imperium.
>>
>>45398832

In 40k, yes. There is no in-between. You're either a patriot or a filthy Charlie.
>>
>>45398856

Fucking Damocles retconning shit left and right.
>>
>>45398574
>given the choice of having a bleak future as a prisoner of war or joining.

I really don't understand why people consider this willing recruitment.
>>
>>45398810
immortality baths?

all I would want is a sexbot? I'd fight for anyone who could get me that.....
>>
>>45398508
No, they'll just feed you to the Kroot
>>
>>45398041
>upwards mobility
I wonder if a human might be used as an advisor, but in a non-official capacity, so as not to ruffle any feathers.
>>
>>45398681
They might be more interested in producing it and better able to handle the population they have over the massive population the Imperium has. However the Imperium did temporarily have access to the STC that contained a literal cure-all that got stolen by the dark eldar, but the salamanders do know how to get to their place so if the Imperium can scrounge up a crusade, they have the potential to get it back.
>>
>>45398856
Of course they do, Tau aren't anywhere near jaded enough as a society to see any intelligent biological constructs as mere tools, yet. That being said, they might change their minds when members of all their allies start spouting Daemonic whispers and performing acts of horrific indifference/maliciousness.
>>
>>45398786
The general consensus seems to be that no, they wouldn't be touching those Crisis suits. lrn2read

>b-but muh humanity fuck yeah

The Tau may not give that much of a fuck about humanity, but at least they don't intentionally murder their own human subjects and they tend to avoid needlessly inflicting casualties on their own soldiers (Gue'vasa included).
>>
>>45398932
>I wonder if a human might be used as an advisor, but in a non-official capacity
Orks (Freebootas) do that sometimes. Or did at least, might be retconned now.
>>
>>45398998
>lrn2read

Maybe you should take your own advice. Nobody was talking about majority or general consensus.
>>
File: tau not sure.png (335KB, 620x786px) Image search: [Google]
tau not sure.png
335KB, 620x786px
>>45397699
From what I've seen Tau are a conventional imperial power rather than the omnicidal fuckwits that are the Imperum of Man. So I imagine how much it sucks depends on your point of view. They will build schools - that only teach the tau way of life, fuck your native superstitions about AI and Demons. They will build defences of powerful technology - that they will use against you if you ever get uppity and refuse to work in the mines for your daily quota. They'll let you live where ever you like – so long as its not atop vital resources they need for the empire in which case move your ass or get working said resources. And of course you can govern yourself under what ever kind of king or president or what ever you like – so long as they are pro Tau and don't dare suggest any path except the greater good or what ever the Etherals demand of you today.

So yeah, I doubt its paradise but Tau Empire is a benevolent dictatorship compared to the Imperiums plain old insane dictatorship.
>>
>>45398932
Why non-official? If an Ethereal or Shas'o is trying to quell a newly conquered bunch of humans why wouldn't he have Gue'vasa to help him better understand the feelings of the natives.
>>
>>45399080
Anon was like "look at all these idiots," as though there were a large number of them, when there's like one or two guys with that opinion.
>>
>>45399145

Same reason we didn't have a black president until 2009.
>>
>>45397752
That's not standard operation procedure. They may do that for overpopulated worlds like hive worlds for population control.

As far as the rest goes, you will be treated as second class citizens, but not treated poorly like the imperium does. While the imperium calls you master race, unless you're nobility on an agriworld, life sucks shit.

In the tau empire, your treated fairly among your peers and all given equal due like a communist society that works.
>>
>>45399148

Two guys out of what, 5? 40% is a lot. Is that low for /tg/ or something?
>>
>>45398580
You've never actually read her work I take it?
>"the diamond band on the wrist of her naked arm gave her the most feminine of all aspects: the look of being chained."
-Atlas shrugged

>"She tried to tear herself away from him. The effort broke against his arms that had not felt it. Her fists beat against his shoulders, against his face. He moved one hand, took her two wrists and pinned them behind her, under his arm, wrenching her shoulder blades.…She fell back against the dressing table, she stood crouching, her hands clasping the edge behind her, her eyes wide, colorless, shapeless in terror. He was laughing. There was the movement of laughter on his face, but no sound.…Then he approached. He lifted her without effort. She let her teeth sink into his hand and felt blood on the tip of her tongue. He pulled her head back and he forced her mouth open against his."
-The Fountainhead, depicting the HERO of the story with the HEROINE, who has openly invited this treatment.
>>
>>45399001
What about that band of humans that acted proper orkish and were friends with orks? Was that even cannon or some /tg/ crap? I can't remember.
>>
Imperium
>get shot if you are a heretic
>as long as you aren't some press ganged crew member, a mutant in the underhive or a really unlucky slum dweller you can advance in society
>work for the future of humanity

Tau
>if you are a dissenter, you get to be brainwashed, falling that they fuck with you to make you an outcast and then shoot you in secret
>highest position is you can attain is being a squad combat leader, but you are still under a Tau sargeant, no civilian alternative
>get eaten by Daemons because Tau don't know shit about the galaxy
>>
>>45399236
You mean Ogryns?
>>
>>45399236
Diggaz from GorkaMorka, the old game about Ork racing. Yes, it was a GW canon thing back in the day.
>>
>>45398856
>Tau probably care more about individual human lives than most higher-ups in the Imperium.

Technically the Tau Empire does not care about any of its citizens. The greater good teaches that one should live for the benefit of the empire only. So you should not reap any rewards or live a long life. The 5th edition rulebook states that when it comes to life the greater good teaches " the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long ".

The Tau are all about efficiency. They don't really care about individuals unless you are beneficial to the Empire.
>>
File: 1357007591574.gif (2MB, 295x216px) Image search: [Google]
1357007591574.gif
2MB, 295x216px
>>45399234
Damn. Ayn Rand has good tastes.
>>
>>45397699
Better than the Imperium, but far from perfect I would say.
The Tau are explicitly classist and mildly racist. They consider non-Tau an important part of their culture, but they are very much secondary to Tau. They probably *don't* sterilize humans as a matter of course, I'd guess that that was an extreme measure used in an extreme time and continuance of the theme that the Tau will become more like the Imperium down the years. Still, I doubt they are above "re-education" for people who are particularly troublesome. Tau do at least have the decency to try and be discrete about their authoritarianism, there would be controversy in the Empire if they say, fired on peaceful protesters or something.
I'd guess the technology would mean a greater amount of free time and a higher standard of living too. Still, like any immigrant group you'd run into the troubles of adjusting to a culture that is very different from your own. There's a lot that humans would be impressed by, but also a lot of clashing values that would be hard to resolve.
In the military, Tau generally don't have cannon fodder, but they *do* take that Greater Good doctrine seriously, which does include units sacrificing themselves to ensure a Commander escapes or to provide a key tactical advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if human units find themselves put in that position more frequently than Fire Warriors, but I think Tau actually do have concern for their allies and would do their best not to use them as sacrificial lambs if it can be helped.
>>
File: 220px-Farsight6[1].jpg (38KB, 220x312px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Farsight6[1].jpg
38KB, 220x312px
If the Tau empire is so great, why did one of their own leave and form his own empire?
>>
>>45399348
Because he is tainted by chaos and prophesied to became a champion of chaos that will bring ruin to the tau empire.
>>
>>45399348
Because people disagree on the best way to handle virtually every given situation, Anon. I'm no fan of the Tau Empire myself but it sounds like you're baiting, at which point I guess I have to commend you on being so convincingly illogical.
>>
>>45399234
that's some /wst/-tier purple prose right there
>>
>>45398681
One Imperial planet literally cured everything. Before they could do anything with that, a very angry Nurgle invaded and destroyed everything.
And Tau can't into life extension, because they want you to die young for the greater good. Except for that nanobot guy and Farsight with his vampiric Necron blade.

>>45398998
What about how the Tau test their new rifles? They willingly use soldiers for testing, even though they know the rifle/helmet connection has a ridiciliously high chance to fry the soldiers brains.
>>
>>45399393
Oh that would be delicious. Could you imagine Farsighted trying to hang out with Kharn or Doomrider? It'd be like the new kid in school that thinks he's hot shit.
>>
>>45399396
I was but that was a logical peice of bait and you know it.
>>
>>45399439
If you're referring to the piece I think you are, that was a weapon demonstration rather than a simple test. It was monumentally bad luck that the feedback occurred, since the odds of it happening were a fraction of a percent.

Coincidentally, the Ethereal the demonstration was for decided that fraction of a percent was too high.
>>
>>45399396
This. Farsight also figured out that part of Ethereal control appears to be pheromones/mind control of some sort, which shattered his faith in them. Remember that Tau grow up believing that Ethereals are simply the wisest and most rational Tau, that the reason they always obey an Ethereal is because the command always seems to make sense. Farsight realized when he got away from them that they had ordered him to do foolish or immoral things, and he had just not questioned it but been *unable* to question it. Pretty decent reason to rebel desu.
>>
>>45398810
>Imperium can't even into longer lifespan without some bath bullshit. Tau literally have immortality memory chips.
>>
>>45398810

There's an Enclave Earth Engineer who designed nanodrones that keep him immortal so long as they're working.

Not entirely sure why he doesn't share it with anyone else, though.
>>
File: TauSymbol_Alternate.jpg (73KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TauSymbol_Alternate.jpg
73KB, 1500x1500px
The most important thing to remember about the Imperium-Tau debate.

When you talk about how poorly people are treated in the Imperium it's all referencing canon. People starve. People work ten hour labor days in smoggy factories. Mass numbers of people are treated like shit. Forces of guardsmen are marched across mine fields because "they aren't as important as tanks." Entire planets full of innocents are exploded because of asshole Inquisitors, etc. This is all canon.

When people talk about how "bad" the Tau are and how they mistreat the human renegades who live under their rule, the only actual piece of canon evidence is the one bit from Dawn of War about the Tau sterilizing some humans. Every other canon source of information suggests the Tau treat humans in the most merciful and just way, and that if you're some human who isn't lucky enough to be born into a position of power you'd be better off living under the Tau than the corrupt and fucked over Imperium.

Every bit of talk about Tau brainwashing people, murdering people, permitting no free will, being total tyrants, etc. is all made up shit and some in some cases even contradicts canon.
>>
>>45399486
Conditioner that commendation solidified, you sneaky bastard.

You're not Water Caste, are you?

>>45399584
Might think he's the only one strong enough to handle immortality without becoming deranged or something. A lot of Humans today wrongly think those sorts of things and Tau, in the end, are very Human, because they were written by Humans who don't exactly have the psychology experience to make something "different," yet stable and varied.
>>
>>45399668
>Conditioner
>Not Consider

I have no idea how I fucked that up so badly.
>>
>>45399591
>Every bit of talk about Tau brainwashing people, murdering people, permitting no free will, being total tyrants, etc. is all made up shit and some in some cases even contradicts canon.
Lol no

Also
>every Imperial planet is like Necromunda and Krieg
>every IG commander is like Chenkov
>>
>>45398786
What I love most about 40k?
How seriously it's fans take it's fiction.

Cheers mate, I was having a bad day until I read this.
>>
>>45399188
>Same reason we didn't have a nigger president until 2009.

dont fucking remind me
>>
>>45398083
>It's like asking if a nigger could pilot a fighter jet if we still had slaves when even good non-blacks don't rate a jet.
This has to be the edgiest analogy i've ever heard someone pull out of their ass for 4chan cool points
>>
>>45399855
what the fuck are you talking about you stupid nigger lover?

its a direct comparison with real life situations
>>
File: 40k152propaganda.1.jpg (68KB, 472x681px) Image search: [Google]
40k152propaganda.1.jpg
68KB, 472x681px
lemme tell you something about the gue'vesa anon
they're the worst scum of humanity and i'm glad we got rid of them

there's always been two kind of humans , those who require instant gratification and those who can start a work that they'll never see finished.

The guard are those men, they're the kind of people that would have laid the first stone to a cathedral that wouldn't be finished for generations. toiling till their last never seeing the fruit of their labour but comforted by the knowledge that they had a small part in something truly great.

The gue'vesa on the other hand are the lowest of the low. those who chose comfort and ease over duty and honour. If, emperor forbid the tau ever defeat the empire their offspring will pay the price when the humans of the tau empire have served their purpose
maybe some of them truly believe their masters' propaganda, maybe some of them think that by service they can avert this faith. and others i'm sure simply don't care
all they care for is themselves, never seeing past their own lifespan
>>
File: hive_city_by_moltenraven-d5l3inu.jpg (143KB, 763x1046px) Image search: [Google]
hive_city_by_moltenraven-d5l3inu.jpg
143KB, 763x1046px
>>45399697

>Lol no

I'd be really interested if you could provide any canon sources detailing how bad the Tau are.

>Also.. every Imperial planet is like Necromunda and Krieg... every IG commander is like Chenkov

Follow me here for a second.

In the Warhammer 40,000 universe the worst places to live are the Hive Cities and other masses of humanity where the general populace lives in awful conditions. The worst regiments to fight for are the ones that conscript huge masses of people and let most of them die.

Statistically, if you were born here on modern-day Earth you'd be more likely to be born in an urban area than out in the county. This is because there's lots and lots of people having lots and lots of babies in those urban areas, while comparatively fewer people live in the country. Think in terms of statistics.

A hive city like Necromunda has over 100 billion people according to canon, while an agri world usually has under 100 million. Huh.

So SURE! You could be born on some peaceful agri world. You could be enlisted into a regiment that values its soldiers and fights honorably for the Imperium.

But statistically, you're much more likely to be born as a piece of gutter scum in a Hive City or join as a recruit of some regiment that has an 80% casualty rate, because that's where the majority of humanity is.

From that perspective, it's obvious that most of the Imperial populace does live under such awful conditions. This is further confirmed by the general tone of most canon sources that talk about the Imperium.

"To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable... this is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort and hope." -Warhammer 40k Codex Imperialis p.2
>>
It'd be cool to see some other race unique characters/hero units for the Tau.
>>
>>45399855

If 99% of the military students at flight school aren't allowed to fly multi-million dollar fighter craft, then second class citizens definitely wouldn't be allowed to.

Blacks weren't even allowed to drink from white drinking fountains, and you're basically asking if black people from that era would be allowed to fly the best planes in the military or drive the best cars down the street.
>>
>>45397699
They don't let you pilot Battlesuits.

That's more than enough to hate them.
>>
>>45399838
>claims he doesn't take things seriously yet discusses them constantly on the internet

Either you are just in denial or you are really dumb for wasting your time that badly.
>>
>>45399945
Are you american?
>>
>>45400109
Well, there were the Tuskegee Airmen. The war ended before any of them got a chance to fly jets, but they were really good (their unit shot down 3 Me262s in a single day).
>>
>>45399838
mate shit like that is all friendly "in character" banter
>>
>>45399457
One Tau recruit possessed by some random demon managed to single handedly kill several thousand Space Marines, Imperial Guard, stop a crusade and destroy a dozen imperial ships up to a Grand Cruiser.

Why bother with Chaos Marines, there's almost no return on investment compared to possessed Tau which turn into Doomguy.
>>
File: a41.png (95KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
a41.png
95KB, 450x405px
>>45400372
>>
Do I get a blueberry girl as my reeducation officer?
>>
File: firewarrior.jpg (776KB, 1528x1432px) Image search: [Google]
firewarrior.jpg
776KB, 1528x1432px
>>45400403
>>
File: fire_warrior_dvd.jpg (392KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fire_warrior_dvd.jpg
392KB, 1500x1000px
>>45400403
it's basically Tau equivalent of Duke Nukem
>>
>>45400372

>Random demon

Kais became a champion of Khrone, he is basically Doomguy which is Khorne's wet dream.
Khorne celebrates all combat, honorable or not.
>>
File: david-rockefeller.jpg (41KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
david-rockefeller.jpg
41KB, 600x315px
>>45399668
>Might think he's the only one strong enough to handle immortality without becoming deranged or something. A lot of Humans today wrongly think those sorts of things
It's unpleasant to think that we're living in a world where Rockefeller, Soros and the Kotch Brothers might live forever.
>>
>>45399545
And that's why Tau Char Aznable is a true hero.

>>45400002
Dude. Not every planet is a hive world. Not every Commander is Chenkov.

People tend to exaggerate the whole Grimdarkness. It simply depends where you'd be born.

If yer lucky, then you'll probably be born one one of the few nicest Imperial Worlds or the worlds of Ultramar.

Yes, there are assholes like Chenkov, but there are also people like Commissar Yarrick or Vance Stubbs who are fathers to their men.

Most worlds in the Imperium are classified as Imperial Worlds, but their shape and how they function varies wildly. Some come closer to Hive Worlds, others look like the larger cities on current day Earth. Some are more primitive, going so far as to go into stone age era worlds.

Governments also differ. Others have democratic rule, and others are ruled directly by the governor.

The Imperium is a harsh place to live in for good reasons (as well as some reasons that could be easily avoided yet stay to increase the grimderpness), yet it's not THIS bad.
>>
>>45400444
>>45400474
>>45400482
I had my thought but I don't remember ever becoming a chaos champion
>>
>>45400550

I think it's from the novels, and its mention briefly in DoW.
>>
>>45400474
>We will never have a Imperial Guard/Tempestus scions FPS.

Why live /tg/?
>>
File: The-NKVD-Officer.jpg (21KB, 383x399px) Image search: [Google]
The-NKVD-Officer.jpg
21KB, 383x399px
If you resist, you go to a gulag for re-education. If you don't you life fairly well. That said, the Tau are likely to deport you deep within the Empire. This both kills any organized resistance, as in real life, and helps assimilation.
>>
>>45400474
My favorite part was the coal fired furnaces on the imperial ship. Not quite the mile long slave powered treadmill from that Rogue Trader book but still funny and anachronistic.
>>
>>45400580
Yep. They are indeed commies.
>>
>>45400562
Wait fire warrior get's a novel but soulstorm doesn't?!

Where is the justice? I want to know what happening in Kaurava under Stubbs goddammit!
>>
>>45398083
>>45398041

I am also sure that the Tau Mechs are incompatable with humans. In a book a guy tried to drive one and became toast
>>
>>45397699
do the tau let humans still practice the imperial cult or is that not allowed
>>
>>45400611
Better not.

Probably BL would give it to some fanwaker and make it so that Boreal won, making the novel have conflicting canons which would make it ultimately non-canon.

Like the books of a certain Irish Lepper...
>>
>>45400580

>If you resist, you go to a gulag for re-education... the Tau are likely to deport you deep within the Empire. This both kills any organized resistance...
>blahblahblah I can make up shit

Well, I can say that humans who serve under the Tau are all given robot waifus to serve their every will, all the food they'll ever want, and a high-speed computer to use for shitposting on 4chan.

We're both equally removed from canon.
>>
>>45400645
They do, minus the whole 'suffer not the xeno to live' part, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>45400645
Nope. Religion is forbidden.
>>
>>45400707
There are plenty of canon sources that state the Tau allow humans to continue worshiping the Emperor
>>
This is why I play orks. Everyone is treated equally unless you're bigger.
>>
>>45400580
True except the deportation part, they want humans specifically to colonize the rims and do the heavy lifting for Terra forming while Tau can remain safely in the inner sphere.
>>
>>45400682
but Boreal did win
>>
>>45400795
uhhh....No!
Dow II clearly stated that the Kaurava conflict was a disaster for the Blood Ravens, and Boreal ended up dead.

Stubbs won that one.
>>
I think in either Kauyon or Mont'ka it is said that those who resist gets force labor and re-education in forgotten asteroids.
>>
>>45400734
No, not everyone is treated equally, but they do tolerate differences and embrace one anothers quirks.
Most Orks think the flyboyz are insane, for instance, but they're just like whatever, let 'em be weird.

Also, there's a lot of social mobility.
>>
>>45400731
Nope. They slowly replace Emperor worship with Greater Good stuff.

>>45400795
What? A hailstorm of las-shots to the face?

He's dead. DoW2 confirms it that the Kaurava conflict was an Epic Fail for the Blood Ravens.

Stubbs remains fan favorite winner since he's the only one not pants on heads insane like the rest of the commanders.
>>
>>45400833
>>45400872
but I won with the blood ravens ;^(
>>
>>45400770

It's still deportation. It's a very efficient tool at killing any guerrilla movement. However, given the efficiency and technology of the Tau, it is likely more humane than real life examples of such practise.
>>
>>45400907
Doesn't matter. He's dead Jim. He ain't coming back.

You only get his sniper rifle in DoW2.
>>
>>45400938
Lets hope DoW 3 will be more like DoW 1
>>
>>45400982
I'd like DoW3 to be better visually than DoW2, yet have a grander and larger scale than the first DoW.

Big enough to field really big units.
>>
>>45400916
At least you get deported instead of having your planet glassed.
>>
>betraying humanity for a soft spot of servitude under your forever betters
Instead of eradicating their worlds and seeding with entire human populations. This thread sickens me.
>>
File: 600px-Stubbs.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Stubbs.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>45400872
>Stubbs remains fan favorite winner

>Commissar, I would like to see this city built up again. I would like to see towers and spires of gleaming white. I would like to see our men on parade routes, not tours of duty. I would like to see every city in this planet, every colony in this besotted, miserable system turned to the service and industry of the Imperium, in the Emperor’s name!

Vance "motherfucking" Stubbs
>>
>>45399945
>stupid nigger lover
there's nothing stupid about loving my compatriots anon but keep sharpening those edges.
>>45400109
segregation and jim crow was a thing, we all know that, that doesn't take away from some closeted faggot on the internet feeling the need to throw "niggers" into every damn topic
>>
>>45401048
Well SEGA holds the license and also filled a trademark for DoW 3 so we can hope atleast.
>>
>>45401173
shut up nigger. this isnt your personal safe space

take your race card throwing ass back to wherever the fuck you came from
>>
>>45401219
>spouts about blacks and niggers unnecessarily
>gets called on it
>"stop pulling the race card"
I don't even think you know how retarded you sound
>>
>>45401157
I think Stubbs was also considered the winner because Cyrus survived Kurava, and the IG victory is the only version that makes this possible.
>>
>>45401318
>b-but the oscars do whatever you want them to do if niggers call them racist enough!

fuck off shitskin. this isnt your white guilt 101 university class
>>
>>45401332

Then again, he's Solid Snake in space. He can just sneak out of the planet in the case Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Orks, Chaos, Dark Eldar, Sister had won.
>>
>>45401332
PRECISELY, and it seems thq and gw said that IG was the canon ending.
>>
>>45401173
>ablo bloo bloo stop calling me nigger you closet faggot
Nice hypocrisy cunt
>>
File: relic00014.jpg (663KB, 1279x1023px) Image search: [Google]
relic00014.jpg
663KB, 1279x1023px
>>45401195
For now the only thing they did with it is that they renewed the trademarks for it and DoW games in general.

>>45401157
Word. He's Noblebright.

>>45401332
That's also a sound thing to add to reinforce the whole thing that Stubbs won.

>>45401402
I'm still looking for the source on that and cannot find it.
>>
File: 1434233630466.gif (1MB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1434233630466.gif
1MB, 499x281px
>>45401382
>B-but the niggers
Holy shit, all this internalized anger. Did a black guy take your job or something pencil dick
>>
>>45401493
Motherfucker lifted a space marine in power armor and tossed it like it was nothing.

Stubbs is a beast!
>>
>>45401494
>B-but pencil dick
Holy shit, all this internalized anger. Did a white guy not give you the cloths on his back after you called him racist or something spook?
>>
File: METAL BAWKSES.png (107KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
METAL BAWKSES.png
107KB, 318x470px
>>45401548
Not just a Chaos Marine.

He lifted Carron and hurled him to his doom.

Then again, Carron dying is probably ambiguous. The Honor Guard Chaos Dreadnought in Retribution's Chaos Campaign may be Carron living in a ironic hell.

HE'S INSIDE OF A METAL BAWKS!!
>>
>>45397792
>Non-canon vidya
I don't get it /tg/. We sit around shitting on Tau for being Mary Sues, and then when there's an example of Tau being interesting and suitably grimdark we all find reasons for it not to count.

Did we not enjoy the vidya?
>>
>>45399348
because he didn't like that the ethereals were total cocks
>>
>>45401689

Canon is canon. What you like is irrelevant.
>>
>>45399348

But he's still believes in the Great Good, anon. Only without puppetmasters.
>>
>>45401757
But 40k is a sandbox setting. Nothing happens anyway, why does something that happens in DOW have to be completely discarded when it doesn't contradict other canon in any way?
>>
>>45401651
[I'M INSIDE OF A BOX A METAL BOX! TAKE ME OUT OF THIS METAL BOX!!!]
>>
>>45400372
that was khorne specifically focusing on one guy to do some fuckery for who knows what?
>>
>>45401857
>Did you hear anything welp?
Uhh no
>>
>>45401857
>>45401894
Being Carron at this point would be suffering.

He shouldn't have strayed away from the Alpha Legion doctrine.
>>
>>45401576
>>45401494
shut up you fucks
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (136KB, 588x722px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
136KB, 588x722px
>>45401879

He found an average Joe guy from a race that normally don't even show up in the warp shine so brightly through sheer will power.

That's the exact thing Khorne loves.
Khrone cares not from where the blood flows, though it should be mentioned that Khrone is a cosmic presence he's not really a "person" so to assume that he had a agenda rather than just for filling his nature seems a stretch.
>>
>>45400707
>>45400731
>>45400872
Wonder what the ethereals think of the emperor
I remember a moment from the fire warrior novel where kais finds a statue of the emperor and feels that it has some kind of importance to it and that it gives off the air of a father figure
>>
>>45402030
That really does make the cover art way more foreboding than I previously though
Wasn't it confirmed he was the Tau commander in one of the Dawn of War games though?
>>
>>45402127
I think its kind of loose canon some stuff says yes other stuff contradicts it
>>
>>45397699
your the only thing worse then a heretic
a traitor.
>>
>>45402079
Emps would outclass them. That's what I think.

If he were still alive, as in not stuck on this over-glorified throne of his, then he'd probably make sure the Tau would become a auxiliary for the Imperium.

Since you know, when Emps was still in charge, and had competent people around him, the Imperium was better.

The Ethereals on the other hand would see Emps as a threat. Emperor is incredibly convincing 99% of the time (the 1% is the whole thing with the Primarchs combined with bad parenting skills).
>>
>>45402127
they both share the same part of a name but then again that's apparently pretty common
>>
>>45397792
i like to think that the sterelisation is cannon but is only used as a punishment.
>>
>>45402237
He certainly would not give the tau a chance I mean look to what happened to the Interex and the Diasporex.
>>
>>45402237
malcador would have been the goat tier leader for humanity
thanks to all the bullshit in the fluff emps is kidof an idiot at times

on a side note did he ever interact with any aliens in the books ? i'm wondering if the whole inspiring thing the emperor does to humans would work on xenos
i would assume it wouldn't be as potent or even have an effect at all considering that different species just express themselves in different ways
>>
>>45401812

Wrong. Quit repeating this shitty non-response.

40k has a canon. Deal with it.
>>
>>45400644
That was the anti-theft measures toasting him.
>>
File: relic04212.jpg (733KB, 1279x1023px) Image search: [Google]
relic04212.jpg
733KB, 1279x1023px
>>45401332
>I think Stubbs was also considered the winner because Cyrus survived Kurava, and the IG victory is the only version that makes this possible.
It isn't.

>>45401402
>PRECISELY, and it seems thq and gw said that IG was the canon ending.
They didn't.

>>45401493
>I'm still looking for the source on that and cannot find it.
Because it doesn't exist.

>>45402079
"You are a wise man, Raphael Palmatus, and, despite his modest words, I know that your military advisor here is no ordinary soldier. You should both go back to your Emperor and tell him what you have seen here. Tell him of all the people that will die in his name and ask him if it is worth such a price to stand in our way."

>>45402127
Kais is one of the most generic Tau names possible, since it just means skillful. Farsight, for instance, is also a Kais.
>>
>>45402400
Poor Diasporex.

They just wanted to be left alone.

>>45402455
Those Horus Heresy novels do make him look like some kind of idiot manchild instead the charismatic genius leader of the greatest interstellar empire since those of Eldar and Necrons.

Seriously, this requires a Chaos God tier of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>45402455
>on a side note did he ever interact with any aliens in the books ?
The only ones were Orks. He had nothing to do with the Interex and Diasporex.
>Seriously, this requires a Chaos God tier of suspension of disbelief.
>implying they're not writing the novels
>>
>>45399348
because he is a true hero of the workers and seeks to unite the working class.
>>
>>45402587
Yeah it is. It's the only ending that explain how Cyrus could still be alive.
>>
>>45402587
Is he ripping out Carron's tongue?
>>
>>45401757
So this makes all of Black Library true?
>>
>>45402792
unfortunately
>>
File: youcouldhavestoppedit.jpg (161KB, 650x644px) Image search: [Google]
youcouldhavestoppedit.jpg
161KB, 650x644px
>>45402602
i felt a serious urge to facepalm when he went: " the difference is that i'm right' in the last church , which is otherwise a great story
>>
File: 1448766085694.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1448766085694.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
>>45402835
>>
>>45402792
Yes, unless something else in canon explicitly says it isn't.
>>
>>45402902
he was technically right but also wrong
so was the priest
>>
>>45402902
Sadly. He was both wrong and right tho. So was the priest wrong and right.
>>
File: ollanius_pius_by_andgil-d65swvc.jpg (255KB, 1024x1202px) Image search: [Google]
ollanius_pius_by_andgil-d65swvc.jpg
255KB, 1024x1202px
>>45402929
>>45402792
a-a-a-atleast believing in ollanius is still canon even if the event isn't
>>
File: Did someone say Last Church.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Did someone say Last Church.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>45402902
>>
>>45402902
Did the Emperor had a reddit account?
>>
>>45402902
I liked that line. It really cements the kind of person the Emps is and just how being as old and empowered as he is affects people.
>>
>>45402987
But Ollanius is canon. Although it's questionable if it was the right thing to make him a perpetual.
>>
>>45402979
>>45402950
yeah but the all knowing man that he is Big E should have seen that answering "because i'm right " is a less than unsatisfactory answer to what differentiates him from bloodthirsty crusaders
>>45403013
he just wanted to stop feeding the chaos gods
i think he even started some religions himself but saw as they got corrupted each time
>>
>>45403078
>i think he even started some religions himself but saw as they got corrupted each time
This is what happened.
>>
>>45403078
but wouldn't saying that he's god be even more unsatisfactory
>>
>>45402950
So was the emperor Jesus and Mohammed, but why would he make a religion that allowed separation of church and state and then make another one that is a political ideology and a religion.
And also if the emperor was Mohammed then he is a confirmed pedophile and a slaver.
>>
>>45403031
Ollanius is a perpetual which makes his sacrifice worthless.
>>
>>45403117
>why would he make a religion that allowed separation of church and state and then make another one that is a political ideology and a religion
he was trying different approach each time, sadly nothing really worked
>>
>>45403031
ah shit didn't know about that
so now it went
balls of steel human >terminator > custodes > back to ollanius but he's immortal this time

kind of defeats the point but better than nothing i guess
>>
>>45403117
I don't think he was Mohamed he was the spirit that showed up and enhlightened him.
as hard as it is to believe Mohamed did preach peace for a short time before arab culture got involved
>>
>>45403114
don't think he ever did
people are are fucking stupid
jesus called everyone children of god and still retards interpreted it literally and on top of that though he meant he's the ONLY son of god
>>
>>45403114
he never tried to convince anybody of that this time around
it was other people that turned him into a god he tried to stamp it out.
>>
>>45403228
yea I know
>>
>>45403208
I think him being Gabriel would work better than him being Jesus or Mohammed,
It makes more sense with the lore of him working in the shadows and guding us from the background.
>>
>>45403331
yeah , and it probably wouldn't piss of all the religions as much
though being the guy who inspired mohamed would probably still earn the writers a fatwa
>>
>>45403331
with Jesus I think it works because he was trying to teach people to have some common decency among each other maybe
>>45403365
that's why they don't talk about it too much
>>
File: relic03867.jpg (778KB, 1279x1023px) Image search: [Google]
relic03867.jpg
778KB, 1279x1023px
>>45402719
It's quite easy to explain how Cyrus and the other survivors were still alive: because the enemy didn't kill them. Because soldiers can lose and not all die.

>>45402765
Just smacking him in the gob.
>>
>>45402902

Would you explain yourself to an ant when wiping out its ant hill? The Emperor was gracious enough to even humor the worthless mortal.
>>
>>45403462
All the others action reports say that no spacemarines survived, only on the ig report say that the Blood ravens survivors were treated back to health and release it after the war ended.
>>
>>45403705
>All the others action reports say that no spacemarines survived

Most of them simply don't say anything about it at all. The SoB and Chaos reports are the only other ones to mention the victorious faction doing stuff to the Blood Ravens that hadn't died during the battle*, but even in those cases it could easily just mean the Blood Ravens that they were able to get their hands on while the rest fled:

>Any survivors were shown the mercy of battlefield confession, which was far quicker and less painful than proper Inquisition proceedings.

>Although the dead Space Marines were horribly desecrated in the aftermath, it was those who somehow survived that were truly to be pitied. The dying Commander Boreale was forced to watch many of these unspeakable atrocities before the last trickle of life drained from his body.

* technically, there's also the Necron victory, though that one is wholly from Boreale's own point of view
>>
>>45401401
That would be Gorgutz. Only ork to survive three games.
>>
File: true ending.jpg (244KB, 844x947px) Image search: [Google]
true ending.jpg
244KB, 844x947px
>>45404402
Stubbs turned grimdark into noblebright and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>45404660
And he won without all them Baneblades.
>>
>>45404716
Segmentum Command is not that retarted.
>>
Yes
Does it suck to be in the service of the IOM?
Yes
Does it suck to be a human in 40K?
Yes
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.