[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that we have a Shadowrun movie met with rousing success,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12

File: dp1.jpg (172KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
dp1.jpg
172KB, 933x1400px
Now that we have a Shadowrun movie met with rousing success, what system do you think will hit the big screen next?
>>
>No cyber tech
>No magic
>No mega corps

Yeah, nah, Deadpool is just a That Guy movie
>>
viral advertising
report, sage, hide
>>
>>45371434
Weapon X is a cybertech underground paramilitary agency.
>>
>>45371445
Ahaha, as if Marvel needs viral advertising
>>
>>45374831
Fox needs after F4 disaster.
>>
>>45371277
>no trigger discipline sniffing your guns barrels
I know the fucker has healing factor, but that just seems sloppy to me.
>>
>>45374846

That is really one of the less unsafe things he does in the movie.
>>
>Get teased with the full frontal of Angel Dust
>Never see anything

0/10 movie
>>
>>45371445
It might be a shit op but your a gigantic fucking fagot if you think it's advertising.
>>
>>45371434
>That Guy
If I had a player half as cool as Deadpool I'd be handing out karma and edge like candy.
>>
>>45374846
Deadpool has never been not-sloppy, its an obvious side-effect of mental instability and a healing factor.
>>
>>45374846
Implying he's mentally stable enough to even care if they go off
>>
>>45374846
Deadpool is the one and only guy who can be excused for trigger discipline, because that's just the kind of guy he is.
>>
>>45374846
How do you know he's not planning on firing both pistols at his nose?
>>
>>45371434
>No cyber tech

What is a Biosam?
>>
>>45374846
>>45374855
>>45375386
>>45375536
>>45375557
>>45375582
I'm fairly certain the guns were unloaded by that point. And yeah, I know that doesn't matter in trigger discipline, but this is Deadpool.
>>
>>45375582
>>45376305
Technically, trigger discipline would apply only to those who care about the danger of shooting themselves or the others. Deadpool probably shot himself in the head (and other body parts) more than once out of boredom or curiosity, so he has no reason to care.
>>
Why do people like Deadpool again?
>>
>>45376572
He's this era's Spidey.
>>
The movie was good? The trailers were top-tier cringe. I always thought it worked as a comic but as a movie? All fingers point to "Stale 2 years old 4chan Edgyness and memes: the Movie"
>>
>>45376572

Lolsorandumb in character form.
>>
I think D&D will. Unless it already has with all those adventure movies like the hobbit and lord of the rings.
>>
File: deadpool.png (45KB, 1693x212px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.png
45KB, 1693x212px
>>45376572
>>
>>45376592
The movie was fantastic.
>>
>>45375335
She looks bulky.
>>
>>45376658
D&D already had
The Hobbit trilogy are the best D&D movies of the decade
>>
>>45377131
Which does nothing to fix the fact that there's never been a good D&D movie.
>>
Please don't associate one of my favorite systems with fucking deadpool.
>>
>>45377155
They are good D&D movies but bad Hobbit movies
>>
>>45377185
They're also just plain terrible movies.
>>
>>45377162
Hi Slade.
>>
File: tmp_29662-images-810017346.jpg (10KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29662-images-810017346.jpg
10KB, 282x179px
>>45377095
I think you mean Amazonian
>>
>>45377203
It's Deathstroke!
I am a serious villian! I deserve to be called by my Serious Villian Name!
I am way cooler than Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Flash combined!
>>
>>45376572
He's my litmus test for marvel. If the current issue of dp is amusing then I check out rest of marvel out. If it's boring then I ignore marvel. So far it has allowed me to dodge civil war and x men vs avengers so I think the system works.
>>
>>45377189
Except the fact that they're the best fantasy movie ever. So saying they're shit basically says that every fantasy movie in existence was pile of shit tier.
>>
did anyone else enjoy the Metal Gear Solid movie?
>>
>>45378155
it needs to have 3x the run time if it wants to be MGS movie.
>>
>>45378155
With all that talk about taking down HYDRA, they could have at least played "Snake Eater"
>>
File: d5c.jpg (76KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
76KB, 625x626px
>>45378138
>>
>>45378092
>skipping civil war
>because it wasn't funny
Ok friend
>>
>>45378973
civil war was bad for many many reasons.
>>
>>45378989
Well since you didn't read it I guess you wouldn't know
>>
>>45379004
Since you seemed to have liked Civil War, I guess you wouldn't know quality either.
>>
>>45379052
Sorry, I forgot quality is objective.
>that post coming from a guy who thinks deadpool is funny instead of just cringy
>>
>>45379084
it's amusing. I never said that it's funny or not cringy.
>>
>>45376440
Deadpool has done exactly that, and often does try to kill himself, his biggest character goal is to die.
>>
>>45379115
>his biggest character goal is to die.
When you're making a booty call, the call of the booty is strong.
>>
>>45379112
>amusing means different things than funny
Unless you're a different anon from the first post I replied to, in which case I'm not sure why you replied to my post at all. I was critquing his use of deadpool as a test for the rest of Marvel
>>
>>45379158
and the test works.
>>
>>45378155
yeah, I'm not sure I'd call anything by Marvel remotely MGS- compatible. Given the fanbase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb424eDrGCg
>>
>>45379176
I suppose it would if the kind of stuff you like is deadpool. You remind me of a friend who wouldn't play video games if they had a plot because "all that matters is gameplay! Video games don't need plot!"
>>
>>45371277
>"We want something the Reddit and IMDB audienc-"
>"Say no more sir, we've already started shooting the movie."
>>
>>45379211
plots are not a necessity. Pong has no plot but it's a very functional game.

Unless you count objectives as plots.
>>
>>45371277

Are we really at the point where Shadowrun is the codifier for anything vaguely cyberpunk-y?

Where every time we see street samurai and cyberware and megacorps we're just gonna have a bunch of people saying "ooooh it's just like Shadowrun!"

Like, is it really that ubiquitous that no one remembers it's just Neuormancer but with Elves and shit pointlessly tacked on?

Are we going to have to start explaining cyberpunk as "It's like Shadowrun but without magic?"
>>
I was rather surprised by the movie and pleased.

They didn't just make him LolRandumb and actually tried to show off him human side and how fucked up he is.

The bits with pre-deadpool wade were actually a bit charming in a messed up way.
>>
>>45379243
possibly. It's becoming the next DnD
it certainly it's treated like one.
>>
>>45377824
Listen, people only really know you from Teen Titans.
Therefore you're Slade.
>>
>>45379231
I agree, plots are not neccesary for games where good gameplay is the goal. Great gameplay is not neccesary for a game trying to tell a story. Not all comics need humor, but you seem to be of the opinion that they do.

Enlighten me, what didn't you like about civil war?
>>
>>45377824

Look, just be grateful you are not Prometheus. Now that was a terrible villian.
>>
>>45379280
stop making up statements. I said that if deadpool comics were amusing then I give rest of the marvel a shot for the time. I've never said that deadpool being amusing was the sign that everything else in Marvel was amusing.

stop making up shit.
>>
>>45379327
Okay. Answer my question.
>>
>>45377824
>Deathstroke
>more serious than Slade
>>
>>45377824
How's your depth perception going for you?
>>
>>45379280
Spiderman characterization. Character that did everything in his power to keep his identity as secret in fear of something that EXACTLY fucking happened when he revealed his identity revealing his identity. Cap being swarmed by "true heroes" like EMT and fire fighters. Penance being an actual fucking thing.

There's enough backlog of why people hated civil war that I don't have to repeat. All I have to say is that I agree with the nay sayers.
>>
>>45377095
She is.
>>
>>45379388
Yeah, but it was also an incredibly popular event and story line, to the point where there are more people who liked it than disliked it. That doesn't mean they're right, but you can't just say people agree with me so I win. I agree that spider man giving up his identity was a little contrived, but are characters not allowed character growth? Is he supposed to just do the same thing forever? Say what you will about civil war, but it brought up interesting points about if superheros were real and did a way worse job of it than predecessor comics that did the same thing. It also changed the face of the marvel universe pretty drastically before later stories retconned shit, and a changing universe is a good thing. I agree that captain america getting mobbed was stupid.
>>
>>45379280
If gameplay doesn't matter for story-based why have it be a game at all? Why have it be interactive? Why not just write a book or make a movie?
Why wouldn't I just not buy your game and wait for someone to LP it? It's the same value anyway.
>>
>>45379488
>I agree that spider man giving up his identity was a little contrived, but are characters not allowed character growth? Is he supposed to just do the same thing forever?
Endangering your friends and family after making a vow to never endanger your friends and family isn't character growth. It's a change, but it isn't a good one.
>>
>>45379280
Civil War was a hackeneyed event that only managed to function by severely distorting the personalities of all characters involved. The only good thing to come out of the event itself was The Confession. House of M was much more interesting.
>>
>>45379541
Going back on a promise to do what you think is a good reason after internal conflict, and then having to deal with the consequences and realizing that what you thought was good was kind of shit is character development.

>>45379521
Because a video game doesn't have to be linear. Different people can value different things

>>45379552
Alright, I can definitely see how a lot of the characterization was fucked
>>
>>45379596
>Because a video game doesn't have to be linear. Different people can value different things
That's not a game, it's a choose your own adventure book with a video attached.
>>
>>45379488
it was an incredibly popular event because it's been a while since a massive cross over event was done for Marvel. Black night was also popular despite frequent complaints.

popularity =/= quality.

It also was the times when US's govenment was going through a lot of scrutiny for spying on us citizens. Registration act was a big draw as a premise and frankly, not a bad one. Too bad that it basically turned into Marvel Zombies aka character degeneracy.
>>
>>45379635
>Games can only be what I fit in a very specific mold
Games are an inherently different medium than books and film, and can be used to effectively tell stories that those other two can not, and vice versa.
>>
>>45379243

Until a good cyberpunk game actually comes out.....and please do not say cyberpunk2020
>>
>>45379655
I'm not saying it was superb, I'm saying it was okay. It wasn't that bad, and had enough good bits inbetween for me to have enjoyed it. And I already said popularity doesn't mean it's good. Read my post.
>>
>>45379717
you are the one that brought popularity up in the discussion about quality for some reason. Just because you down played it doesn't mean that you didn't try to quality popularity as a redeeming factor.
>>
>>45379713
Gotta make that brouzof
>>
>>45379770
Seriously man, reading comprehension. I brought it up to illustrate that your point about a huge backlog of nay sayers meant nothing. You brought popularity up first, by saying your opinion is held by many people. I didn't downplay my argument, I presented it as a non argument, comparable to yours, and downplayed them both.
>>
>>45379819

fair point
>>
>>45379833
I only said that whatever others have said against it, which is frequent, is what I agree. Never made qualitative statement of general popularity or the number comparison between the approvers and the disapprovers. I said that I agree with nay sayers, there's a lot of them and I'm not going to list everything.
>>
>>45377824
He was cool in Injustice
>>
>>45379900
Well I've never actually spoken to one before, and it's not exactly like you can look up "every complaint anyone has brought up about civil war" any more than "all the good things about civil war anyone has ever brought up", so that's not exactly helpful when I'm trying to see your point of view. I don't even disagree with most of the stuff you've brought up
>>
>>45379900
Also, saying that there's a lot of them at all implies you think there's a qualitative link there, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. Much like you just said about me bringing it up.
>>
>>45371277
Ew...
>>
>>45379969
basically google marvel civil war sucked and you get my views on it.

Simply it's a hubub that did absolutely nothing but to make characters more unlikeable.
Moral ambiguity is fine, but it went 40k moral ambiguity where everyone is a fucking asshole or an asshat. And they sniped the one guy that wasn't a tremendous asshole in the head.

>>45380001
which was because I didn't feel like bare repeating. Google Marvel Civil War sucked and you get enough results to basically explain my views on it. This was all said at start
>>
>>45380159
>Simply it's a hubub that did absolutely nothing but to make characters more unlikeable.
Marvel execs still trying to get that 90s edgy market
>>
>>45380159
I havent been involved in this discussion, but why dont you tell the other guy "i dont want to talk about this" so you can both move on with your lives?
>>
>>45377388
Yessss
>>
I for one can't wait for the day this shitty teenager lolsorandom fad is gone.

Also, Civil War sucked because it went from "two sides with their own good and bad points" to "lol stark building concentration camps and and killing good guys" in like two issues. I get that there should have been a subtext of contemporary politics but the only way they could have been more hamfisted was painting Iron Man's armor with a swastika.
>>
>>45384058
Which is funny, because there's no way Stark isn't going to be the bad guy from go on the movie, either.

Unless they pull a Batman vs. Superman and introduce a real big bad at the last second, they're really going to burn a bridge with Iron Man.
>>
>>45375382
You have players so bad that a fraction of Deadpool's "coolness" is an improvement?

I'm sorry, man.
>>
>>45385458
But the Deadpool in the movie was genuinely funny and cool. Also, they tried to characterize him as more than a walking bunch of random one-liners and shooting people in the balls, and, in my opinion, succeeded in doing so. Overall it was a good watch.
>>
>>45374846
He had literally just fired every round in both of those two guns.

He's not gonna accidentally blow his brains out with two empty guns.

And if he did, it would just grow back.
>>
>>45376592
I was laughing from the opening credits right through to the end credits.

It's funny. It's vulgar. It's action packed. And yes it's a little bit stupid at times.

But mostly, it's just pure fun.
>>
>>45371277
Kill yourself
>>
>>45377095
4u
>>
>>45371277
>this is our le movie guys

lmao
>>
>>45379388
>Cap being swarmed by "true heroes" like EMT and fire fighters.

You say that like you honestly think Firefighters and EMTs are all a bunch of douchebags.
>>
>>45374846
I think we spotted the autist in the audience...
>>
>>45379713
D... Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
>>
File: 1446932162986.jpg (1018KB, 1400x675px) Image search: [Google]
1446932162986.jpg
1018KB, 1400x675px
>>45379713
>>45388627
oh, you meant P&P.
my mistake, I am dumb.
>>
>>45379713
Good thing you said not to mention cyberpunk2020
and not cyberpunk2077
>>
>>45385946
I haven't seen the movie yet, and that honestly surprises me. I may need to check it out if he isn't lolrandom incarnate.
>>
>>45388987
just saw it.

while i must admit that it does have one or two of those moments of "That Guy" feel, it quickly moves on.

Great movie in my opinion

and Brianna Hildebrand has dethroned Charlize Theron for short haired hottie in my book, moving to second place with early movie Morena Baccarin in a close third with the pixie cut
>>
>>45388987
It's not Waypool, gods be praised. Even if you don't care for him, Reynolds clearly cares for the role and really did it justice.
>>
>>45379243
Plenty of other IPs utilize the genre, though. Vidya, anime, some mainstream films... ANR?
>>
>>45374846
>trigger discipline

No one cares. Especially not most gun owners.
>>
>>45390974
The problem is helped to an extent by peoples lack of trigger discipline
>>
>>45375335
>full frontal
It was one boob.

That said, I totally wanted to see it and they cockblocked me.
>>
>>45388014
Have you met any firefighters or EMTs? They are douchebags. they demand special treatment always and when they don't get it they cry like babies.
>>
>>45388014
Firefighters, cops, soldiers, emts are all very douchebaggy in their clique.

HONOR ME!

Remember when burger flippers got the same wage as they did? The first fucking they did was complain that the burger flippers were getting paid much as they are and the flippers were underserving instead of asking for their own raise. Military people are the fucking worst, but I've had enough of anyone associated with a 911 call.
>>
>>45371277
It's a Mutants and Masterminds movie, or one of the other countless systems designed for superhero play.

A 'Shadowrun' classic already exists, it's called Blade runner. Although, it's not Shadowrun, because only Shadowrun takes cyberpunk and marries it to Tolkien.

Now, the next 'system' that'll be engendered by a movie that isn't Marvel or DC could be Star Wars; Rogue Squadron (Star Wars Saga), or Warcraft (Which'll probably be a flop, but can be used for either DnD, or the actual Warhammer RPG).
>>
>>45391446
>I barely make enough at my job to make ends meet, but I do it because I love it.
>Someone else hates their job, and can't make ends meet. Would like to make ends meet.
>Instead of asking for more money for my harder job, that person should starve for performing a service.

This is what some people believe.
>>
>>45387928
Teenager detected
>>
>>45388987
> he isn't lolrandom incarnate.
He's plenty random and kinda douchebagy but he still gets moments when he seems human. Like when he's genuinely afraid of what his girl will say about his face or when he can't sleep because of cancer. The actor did good job with breathing life into him.
>>
>>45393344
"I'm too busy and grownup to have simple fun" detected.
>>
>>45393359

He's kinda random but he plays it well. He plays it as 'one half coping mechanism' and 'This guy was so traumatized he got his sanity skullfucked'
>>
>>45393365
"simple fun" and "stupid" are two very different things.
>>
>>45377824
>>45379278
Nah, people mostly know him from Arrow these days, where he fights oliver queen because he (slade) was dosed with mind affecting super strength chemicals that cause him to believe oliver killed oliver's girlfriend, whom he was also in love with.
>>
>>45379713
I'm kind of hoping for a FFG Android RPG, gotta collect more die.
>>
>>45374831
Deadpool needed the opposite of advertising, actually. They were afraid parents would just take their kids to see it
>>
>>45378676

Different anon. What, pray tell then, do you hold up as better live action fantasy movies then? Obviously there are animated films that can and will do fantasy better.
>>
>>45371277

>muh thinly veiled excuse to make a Deadpool thread on /tg/
>muh don't even need other boards
>>
>>45393924
Ah yes, the necessary awful romance I need present in every damn superhero television show.

Bleh.
>>
>>45394426
Not that Anon, but I'd probably hold up The Lord of the Rings (the trilogy, obviously) as the best, with Conan as a close second.

The Hobbit trilogy doesn't even rank.
>>
File: 1442836093008.jpg (133KB, 593x647px) Image search: [Google]
1442836093008.jpg
133KB, 593x647px
>>45393344
So enjoying the movie because it was entertaining makes you a teenager?
>>
>>45385458

As you grow older and wiser, Deadpool becomes less and less funny.

Then, as you grow yet older and wiser still, once you attain sagehood, you realize life is too short to give a fuck and Deadpool occasionally becomes funny again.

There are two types of people who actually like Deadpool, and you can identify the distasteful sort simply by the way they act in public.
>>
>>45397564
>Then, as you grow yet older and wiser still, once you attain sagehood, you realize life is too short to give a fuck and Deadpool occasionally becomes funny again.

I'd bet money that anon's not even 40
>>
>>45397598

Maybe he just had sex. Like a fool.

Too bad girls love the Reynolds.
>>
>this entire thread
Go whine about it on /co/.
>>
>>45385458
you've only read Waypool haven't you?

you poor soul
>>
>>45399051
I wasn't aware that people hated waypool that much.
>>
File: marvel vs capcom.png (2MB, 1345x1055px) Image search: [Google]
marvel vs capcom.png
2MB, 1345x1055px
>>45399243
Deadpool by Daniel Way did a disservice to the character.

Deadpool has a tragic origin and uses his humor to mask his pain. he's a sad clown.

Daniel Way just focused on the clown part, dumb memes, lolrandom, and dueling narration boxes.

sadly, its probably the most popular volume of the character's history. Asshole wrote the mediocre videogame too.

read runs by Joe Kelly, Fabian Nicieza (Cable and Deadpool) , or the current run by Duggan for not shitty Deadpool that does more than spout memes.

thankfully the movie uses only like two quick bits from Way's run
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.