[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 35

File: jj6alrd.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
jj6alrd.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

Welcome back Omae

Previously viewed files:
>corpsandtheirlies.trid
>wageslaveloveslave2hd.sim
>theanarchistsgrimrore.txt

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Neo-anarchist edition
What has your runner team done to stick it to the man recently?
>>
Previous thread:
>>45326087
>>
>>45341136
>What has your runner team done to stick it to the man recently?

He's the resident street doc and keeps his neo-a chums alive and/or cybered. Also, going a bit Walter White with his drug kitchen, making batches of superior novacoke for the rich corp kiddies to funnel their parents' fund into.
>>
Preparing to DM a campaign, I missed like the latter half of 5th edition's metaplot and am catching up now but it feels like this shit is more scattered than ever. CFD is a mess and I cannot seem to find what happened in the Aztlan-Amazonia war except for blurbs like some runners calling the Amazonian side terrorists now and that it is apparently over. Can anyone help me out on this? I am already dealing with having a 4 essence phys ad vampire join the game.
>>
>>45341136
He didn't submit his self-evaluation by the due date, and does not intend to until somebody gets on his ass about it.
>>
>>45341252
Shit, meant I missed like the latter half of 4th edition metaplot stuff.
>>

it's a knight errant campaign. he jaywalked.
>>
So, I've got an idea for a run for my players
The characters are Horizon runners who have their runs filmed and broadcasted after editing, and right now they're in NYC as part of a cross-country tour across NA where they do runs at major cities while being chased by bounty hunters.
Essentially the run will have the party attend a reception which will be the precursor to a fashion show put on by Shiawase. The goal of the runner team is to sneak backstage and steal data on the upcoming fashion lines by different Shiawase subsidiaries before the fashion show.
Shortly before the show is scheduled to go on, the neo-anarchist group People First will storm the building and take the majority of the people at the reception hostage and make demands for the release of many People First members from prison. People First will be made up of your standard neo-anarchist thugs, but also a large amount of oddly disciplined and organized "anarchists" who are actually a mercenary group paid for by Horizon.
The party won't know about the strike beforehand, to make for better TV (since all this is going to be recorded) and for plausible deniability on Horizons part (why would we fund a terrorist attack on a place where multiple of our employees are?)
The goal of the run is:
>Get Shiawases technical/marketing plans for their new fashion lines
>Damage Shiawases reputation
>Delay Shiawases newest fashion line long enough for Horizon to do it first
>Scratch PFs back so they stop targeting Horizon and go after their competitors in NYC
>Make their trid runners look like big damn heroes when they save Shiawase executives from evil neo-anarchists

What do you think, /srg/?
>>
>>45341252
I don't know a ton but I'm pretty sure the Azzies won
>>
>>45340228
Aren't you Street-Level anon? Don't take fame.

>>45340159
The idea is that fame lets you take higher-paying jobs.
>>
>>45341136
Killed a shitload of people on his payroll.
>>
File: call.jpg (30KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
call.jpg
30KB, 392x500px
>>45341258
>>45341343
Hardcore mother fuckers right here
>>
>>45341488
Do you know why the running community seems to view them negatively now? Used to feel like anyone fighting the Azzies was the good guys but now people are giving Amazonia's backers shit and calling the Amazonians terrorists. I also do not suppose you know what happened to the Jackpointers involved in the conflict? Trying to keep tabs on people from 4th to 5th is absolutely insane with people like Riser and Plan 9 disappearing then coming back now with CFD but still allowed on Jackpoint.
>>
>>45341586
I generally just ignore the metaplot.
Especially CFD.
>>
>>45341640
I mostly ignore CFD since I dislike it as well as most of the world ending stuff or shit like the dragon civil war is just completely over the heads of most runner groups but some stuff like the Amazonia/Aztlan war were good backdrops to use for events without being in the region.
>>
Oi lads,
sorry for bein retarded but can someone directly link me to Corporate enclaves? Can't see it anywhere in the pastebin
>>
>>45341841
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ea0aseyd7ane6ma/Shadowrun+4E+-+Corporate+Enclaves.pdf
>>
Hi /srg/ I have an issue that plagues me for a while now and if anyone could help me that would be utterly fantastic.

I'm using the 4e version of Chummer and I'm encountering an issue where it wont display the dicepools for certain cyber-implant weapons. Namely, all the firearms.
Does anyone here know of a way around this, or if needs be, what I need to correct in the XML files?
>>
File: Horizon Wannabe.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'm convinced that it is literally impossible to get Chummer to print properly.

>>45341497
>Don't take fame.
But I want Horizon Sempai to notice me!

I'm not going to take it at chargen, though. The ST doesn't want it. Also it turns out I can take -15 in qualities, so I'm able to go to -4 Karma in Chummer.

I need to figure out what to do with 8 Karma. Since I seem to be mostly set, I may put *another* point into ¥¥¥ and buy some fluff stuff and miscellaneous gear.
>>
Round out some skills
>Gymnastics
>Automatics
>First aid
Are all good to have at 1 just in case
>>
For reasons I'm not comfortable talking about, I need to become an expert on Drakes in, oh, a week or less.

What books talk about them besides Runner's Companion? What makes them suck (besides the inherent snowflakiness of the concept) and what would be needed to fix it?
>>
>>45342238
>For reasons I'm not comfortable talking about
Nobody says this unless they want to spill the beans.
So spill em.
>>
>>45342177
Athletics group at 1 is usually not a bad idea.
First Aid is only worth having if your dice pool is better than a medkit working alone - otherwise, go with Medicine.
Automatics ... low dice pools in combat skills help no one but your ammo supplier.
>>
>>45342255
Want to. Can't. I'll explain later, I promise. It won't be as good a story as tilefucker but it'll be good.
>>
>>45342285
>Automatics ... low dice pools in combat skills help no one but your ammo supplier.
Having an extra two dice in a suppressive fire action can mean an extra -1 die penalty to someone trying to shoot your ass.
>>
File: 1447823772551.jpg (12KB, 320x473px) Image search: [Google]
1447823772551.jpg
12KB, 320x473px
my runner team just tore off a label from a mattress.
>>
>>45342238
>>45342295
Whoops, forgot to trip.

It's nothing official, I just want to learn about the part of Shadowrun that, at first glance, don't work exactly right. Drakes are first on my list.

Sorry about being cryptic, I was afraid someone would go AMY CONFIRMED FOR WRITING DRAKES and then I realized that was a dumb thought.
>>
>>45342408
Um. Was that the whole run or...?
>>
>>45342413
AMY CONFIRMED WRITING DRAKE BOOK
DRAGON CIVIL WAR 2: LOFWYR BOGALOO
EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT
>>
>>45342408
Ah, but did they rip off the RFID tag and implanted computer that collects comfyness data?
>>
>>45342444
>drake book

You're kidding, right? Technomancer book is one thing but there's no way drakes get their own book, I can promise you that.
>>
File: 1407732378857.png (73KB, 480x299px) Image search: [Google]
1407732378857.png
73KB, 480x299px
>>45342429
the rest of it wasn't too impressive, as a bow-wielding knight-cosplayer of a sammy sniped the driver of the car we were chasing after, and once several SWAT vans circled our mess in, the cybered elven face convinced everyone that he's an undercover FBI agent.
>>
I lied, kind of. I was stalling until I was sure of the terms of my NDA.

I'm totally writing drakes for an upcoming book and I want to know more about them. I've got plenty of ideas but my only sources right now are Runner's Companion and the final boss of the SNES game. So, where else should I look, what should I watch out for?
>>
>>45342509

darn, sounded like fun
>>
>>45342511
>Knight
>Using a bow in real combat
>Like a peasant
Yeah, you're right, the mattress bit IS more impressive.
>>
>>45342541

Dragons of the Sixth World is an obvious starting point. I personally want to know if Drakes lay eggs, since they resemble their bigger dracoforms in all other respects.
>>
>>45342413
>What makes them suck, besides the inherent snowflakiness of the concept
You really need another reason?

>and what would be needed to fix it?
For them not to be an option for PCs. Just like AI, Cyberzombies, and most of Run Faster.

This D&D trend to turn anything a dev can come up with into a playable race option is a plague.
>>
>>45341188
Are there rules to develop your own drugs, or does your GM houserule it?

'cause I might want to start cooking meth soon.
>>
>>45342545

they were getting away, and our GM put a disadvantage on our neckbeard rigger/decker's van-driving skills as he was being bullied by the elven face.

that was also the first hit that he managed to score through the span of four sessions.
>>
>>45342607
Kinda. They're in Chrome Flesh, you can cook up a drug with the effects you like.
>>
>>45342573
I don't see how that could possibly make it in a book, but let's say only if they go into labor in dracoform, then they lay an egg that hatches right away and a human baby comes out. If there's a complication, the egg may need to be broken from the outside.

Otherwise they have babies like a normal metahuman. Sorry, hope that satisfied your fetish.
>>
>>45342636
Considering "pregnant" made it in as a negative quality, you could argue it's pertinent information.
>>
>>45342636

I don't have a fetish for egg-laying
>>
File: tactical_mage_by_niw-d79vdu1.jpg (331KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tactical_mage_by_niw-d79vdu1.jpg
331KB, 600x800px
>>45341136
>>
>>45342649

It's more that stolen dragon eggs are a plot point so often that the existence of drake eggs should be confirmed also for the same reason.
>>
>>45342285
>>45342317
At the moment I've got Automatics and Pistols at the same level, and I'm using a Browning Ultra Power in one hand and an Ares Crusader in the other. I'm thinking I should consolidate, and go with one or the other. Which is better?

I figure pistols will be more common, and I'm one of those people who always worries about, like, getting stripped of everything and needing to go OSP like I'm playing Metal Gear Solid.

>>45342636
>>45342649
Plus cybergenitalia.
>>
>>45342660
Sorry. Can't be too safe.

>>45342649
I don't know. Maybe. It feels weird.

Either way, thanks to whoever asked for making me think about it. Helped me solve something unrelated.

Drakes are going to be vastly different mechanically from their 4e incarnation, and will come in PC and NPC varieties. If you have a player that REALLY REALLY wants to be a dragon, I'm going to do my best to at least make sure the crunch and fluff for it don't suck.

What should I read besides Dragons of the Sixth World?
>>
>>45342691
Alright, that's a good point. I'll work it in somewhere.
>>
>>45342723
3rd ed's "Threats" book have info on them. That's when the Draco Foundation started IIRC.
>>
>>45342317
If you suck at Automatics, someone else should be doing it.
If you have Longarms, there are shotgun alternatives for suppressing fire.
>>
>>45342711
Automatics is the most versatile firearm skill.
>>
>>45342755
>If you suck at Automatics, someone else should be doing it.
The idea isn't that you're going to be number one automatics shootman, it's that for 2 karma you can increase a dicepool by 2 in the case that you need to use suppressive fire to hamper enemies when things go tits up and you retreat or are in a chase, which will probably happen at least once.
>If you have Longarms, there are shotgun alternatives for suppressing fire.
Longarms is a pretty garbage skillset to invest in, and ingrams/uzis are a lot more common than automatic shotguns.
>>
>>45342799
I really hope you mean dual wield because you aren't going to get into too many duels
>>
>>45342776
Oh, is it? Should I ditch Pistols, then? I took Ambidextrous, so I figure I can DOOL WEELD
>>
Hey /srg/, I'm new to a group of Shadowrunners. I decided to go with a character who's essentially pretending to be a wizard from Arthurian legend (eg pointy hat and robes) but I'm having trouble coming up with a reason for him to be a runner other than

>he's a highschool dropout with no real marketable skills

which, considering how awakened are contracted, seems kinda lackluster. Does anyone have any interesting ideas?
>>
>>45342799
You can wield a MP/SMG in one hand just like you would a pistol,and a melee weapon in the other.
>>
>>45342832
Playing a mage that looks like a mage is a good way to lose a character
>>
>>45342799
Automatics covers:
>Machine Pistols
>SMGs
>Assault Rifles
Which can fill almost any niche you need, and you can use automatics when firing semi auto and single fire on those weapons as well.
Pistols gets you:
>Light pistols
>Heavy Pistols
>Tasers
which are good for concealment
>>
>>45342832
He is on a quest for Camelot and needs funding for the quest.

Option B is that no corp will hire him after seeing his matrix search history.
>>
>>45342832
>>45342857
You can't deny that a cyberpunk wizard hat would be pretty cool. The robes, maybe not so much unless they're made of ballistic mesh or something more resistant to bullets than cloth.
>>
>>45342857
That's what I thought, so I rolled a spare, but the gm has pretty much had most npcs react with

>No mage would be retarded enough to dress like a wizard so obviously, and considering one of your fellow party members is literally gouging their eyes out they don't waste time trying to take you down specifically.
>>
>>45342854
Oh. Good point. I was thinking of using two machine pistols for range and switching to my sword in melee. Does Shadowrun have a "do more damage if you use two hands" thing?

>>45342869
Alright, Automatics it is.
>>
>>45342894
There's an old Shadowrun saying, "Geek the mage first." Looking like a mage is a good way for security to know who to shoot, and you're going to be squishier than your pals, no matter what.

It's a fun mental image, but you're gonna die unless your GM is running a very light campaign.
>>
>>45342898
The Gaichu principle, then.

God I took that fucker everywhere. Playing a Face in Hong Kong was the best.
>>
>>45342894
I have them statted as a trenchcoat with hidden pockets.

>>45342876

I'm thinking about going with the stereotypical SnS "ULTIMATE UNHINGED MASTERY OF COSMIC POWER SHACKLED TO NO MAN OR ORGANIZATION" though a literal quest for Camelot as a place would fit really well with some of my skills. Thanks!
>>
>>45342854
>SMG in one hand
Personally as a GM I would impose to hit penalties for anything bigger than a machine pistol, reduced by STR.

This is a little thing I vomited up for one-handing in 5E:
Firing One-handed:
To hit-penalty:
Light Pistols, Heavy Pistols, Machine Pistols: 0
SMGs: -2
Assault Rifles, Shotguns: -6
Grenade Launchers, Sniper Rifles: -8
LMGs, Launchers: -12

Penalty is reduced by STR/3 rounded up
All recoil is doubled for anything larger than a pistol (each bullet = 2 recoil)
>>
>>45342723
If at all possible, I'd like to see it made expensive to be a drake. It's a cool concept, but if it costs as much as being a troll (in priority or karamgen or whatever), there's gonna be a million drakes running around, and I already have that problem with pixies (but not shapeshifters, interestingly).
>>
>>45342915
>Does Shadowrun have a "do more damage if you use two hands" thing?
Not really, I think it's presumed a katana is a 2 handed weapon, and I don't think 5e has rules for using 2 handed weapons one handed
>>
>>45342957
My thoughts exactly. It'll cost you and I'm not entirely sure you'll be able to make one in chargen.

Would you guys want that option? I think it would make things worse, but as with dragon eggs, if you can make a case for it I'm listening.
>>
>>45342925

Have you played the new mini-campaign for Hong Kong?

You get to walk Gaichu into a fucking police station.
>>
>>45342986
Maybe if it's a priority A Drake(0) at the very, very least.
>>
>>45343001
I have, I did exactly that, and it was wonderful.
>>
>>45342986
What's the point of a character you can't make at character creation?

I'm of the opinion that you really shouldn't be punished for wanting to play a non-human character. There's really no sense in teasing a character option that you can't even play in most games, especially when STs are going to be banning it left and right to begin with. >>45343010 at least has one option if you MUST make it harder to play a Drake.
>>
>>45342986
No. Drakes can be an interesting plot item or NPC; but not PC option. Even if they come with the hardwired built-in reason to be runners and try to stay under the radar of everyone; namely not wanting to be enslaved by their creators.
>>
>>45342925
>if you take Gaichu on Is0bels decker con mission a guy berates Gaichu for having a shitty cosplay
Gaichu and Racter were so fucking great in HK
>>
>>45343028
Priority A with 0 edge sounds good.

Drakes are supposed to be rare as fuck, and like so many people have said, the snowflake factor. I don't want to punish players, but...I don't know.
>>
File: 1428609791579.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1428609791579.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
/tg/, how would you fix the 5e Technomancer?
>>
>>45343065
Wait and hope for the new book.
>>
>>45343065
You'd have to rewrite it from the ground up.
>>
>>45343001
Yeah, that was pretty hilarious.

>Don't worry, he's high as hell, it's easier to have him tag along than drag the body

>What a ghoul? Nah, it's just a very nice costume.

>No, no, do,'t worry, my friend here just got some cosmetic surgery.
>>
>>45343065
By making them not rely on literally every mental attribute to do stuff (in addition to needing good agi for meatspace shooting like everyone else)
Skinlink is free at chargen
Make complex form drain less punishing
Immunity from GOD
>>
>>45343089
Remove advent.
XCOM is great, XCOM is merciful.
>>
>>45343098

I was a fan of

> He's under my magical control! Here, watch him bow.
>>
>>45343044
>>45343058
Shadowrunners are all snowflakes. It should be encouraged. The more "snowflake" options people have, the less likely they are to overlap. I'm already going with an Oni because everyone else in my group is a plain Homo sapiens nobilis.

"We want to make this as difficult as possible for player characters even though they have every reason to be player characters" is just bad form. I mean, you've got playable characters who are legally considered animals.

>>45343048
>>45342925
>>45343098
I really need to play this game. But my computer is so shit I still haven't finished Dragonfall. Does anyone know how to forcibly downgrade the specs? It'll run, but it's sluggish.
>>
>>45343065
Give me three months and you'll find out.
>>
>>45343058
That would make them in the end cheaper (and hence more common) than some of the metavariants and infected variants from Run Faster.
>>
>>45342818
Dual wielding is ... not a good choice. It's an option when you are either surprising an opponent (no defence roll) or you have a dice pool in the 20s / 30s.

Don't try to start out doing it.

Yes, ditch pistols and ambidexterity.
>>
>>45343145

It's a conditional probability thing. Like with magic, having the level of magical ability of the average shadowrun mage is astronomically unlikely, but you're more likely to find them in careers like shadowrunning anyway so it makes sense.
>>
>>45343139
Should dragons be playable characters?
There's a limit, and drakes are teetering very very close to that limit due to their rarity and how they are all made for the express purpose of serving dragons, I'd need one hell of a backstory to justify a drake shadowrunner.

Also, how horrible is your computer that you can't even run DF? It's an isometric turn based game.
You could probably downgrade stuff via .ini editing.
Also Hong Kong is really cheap right now on steam, you should probably get it while you can.
>>
>>45343139
>Shadowrunners are all snowflakes.
No. They're nothing more than skilled criminals.

>It should be encouraged.
And even more no.
>>
>>45343200
>>
>>45343139
My computer slows down on the games when I forget to turn off the HD graphics. Runs fine otherwise. 2010 Macbook for reference
>>
>>45343065
Ultra-lazy fix: Downgrade all the priority levels for technomancer by 1. So what was Magic A is now Magic B, what was B is now C, and C is now D. Obviously, this ONLY applies to the techno parts of those magic levels, Adept with 6 Magic is still B and so on. Also/instead, give them +1 to the matrix attributes derived from their mental attributes, instead of just directly using their mental attributes. These two help with their MAD, and free up build points for them to get the mountain of skills they need.
>>
>>45343065
Make it more like link related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-IWcEX4ZuA
>>
>>45343225
Just because something is doesn't mean it should be.
>>
>>45343200
Like I said, it runs, it's just choppy. My computer is a laptop from 2005. I already own Hong Kong.

>I'd need one hell of a backstory to justify a drake shadowrunner.
Well, there's always >>45343044
>Even if they come with the hardwired built-in reason to be runners and try to stay under the radar of everyone; namely not wanting to be enslaved by their creators.

>>45343205
They're skilled criminals who are outcasts with highly valuable skills who avoid the good life because they value freedom. They're the result of mixing a D&D party, 90s movie hackers, and every trenchcoat badass stereotype in a blender and setting it to puree.
>>
>>45343277

Relax chummer, it's a joke
>>
>>45343065
Matrix Mages: anything they do require a (Resonance + Matrix Casting); and their Complex Forms are now 'spells' that either let them emulate a decker's/rigger's matrix actions or do other crazy shit.

Add that fourth skill to Compile/Decompile/Registrate and rid them of that whole "living persona" thing and dependence on 6 attributes and 9 skills to be mediocre at everything.
>>
>>45343316
Or at least a cheaper way to boost their persona attributes that doesn't require 20ish karma for +1 to a single attribute. Maybe a paragon thing (20 karma for paragon A gives +2 attack, +1 sleaze, +3 data processing, and +4 firewall, and paragon B rearranges those numbers, so you have the Brute Force techno, the Hack on the Fly techno, etc.), which would also help make them feel different. Toss in a couple unique powers for each (free choice of echos?) and that'll fix a lot.
>>
I gotta go do stuff, but thanks, everyone. This was helpful and gave me a lot to think about.
>>
>>45343288
4chan is no place for jokes, anon.
>>
I remember finding online a while back some HUGE character sheet, like 30 pages, that gave lots of room for details about fake SINs, vehicular/drone mods, etc., but I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone have a link, or am I just high?
>>
>>45343456

Not even -dragon- jokes?
>>
>>45343001
I really need to get around to playing that.

Especially since my backer NPC is in it.
>>
>>45343465
Only if they are dragon dildo related
>>
>>45343205
You know what they call people who take make-believe too seriously?
Sad.
>>
>>45343139
Your party has
>An elf twink
>A human doctor
>A SURGED catman
>A human wageslave
>A human college student
>A ???

It is not full of elves.
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>45343496
You could have responded with a smug anime face instead and saved the effort of typing senpai
>>
File: worry.jpg (12KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
12KB, 200x255px
>>45343521
>A SURGEd catman
>>
>>45343065
Give them a floating pool of matrix attribute bonuses they can reassign like deckers can redistribute their deck's attributes. Have this pool be equal to their resonance, and they can only put up to a +3 enhancement into a given attribute. These bonus points do NOT increase the mental attributes that the matrix attributes are based on.
>>
>>45341586
See, Amazonia's foreign relations have always boiled down to "fuck you guys, we got dragons!"
Anyway, apparently one of those dragons torched several azzie cities before getting dumped into the shadow plane because reasons.
>>
Remove Azzie
Build a wall and make Ghostwalker pay for it
>>
>>45343521
The catman is still an elf. Three elves is too many.
>>
>>45343996

Well my party also has three elves.

One is a Han Solo cosplayer, the other is a SURGED catgirl with Neoteny, and the last one is a mage constantly shapechanged into a housecat.

Count your blessings, anon.
>>
>>45344054
>SURGED Neoteny catgirl
Jesus fuck. Is that player being a cheeky fuck or are they creepy as shit?
>>
>>45344054
jesus fucking christ anon, how the fuck do you manage that much faggotry?
>>
>>45341586

Plan 9 was kept because he/she/it was so genderfluid that CFD cant make heads or tails or which personality to take over.

Riser got the Ares mozambique drill from his associates after Rigger X does his usual shit of selling people out.
>>
I find it pretty ironic Shadowrunners call other people terrorists considering the moral fiber of your average party.
>>
>>45344139
Every time someone describes a jackpointer to me it reinforces why I ignore the jackpointer comments in the books.
>>
>>45344145

It's worse when it's for politics instead of money, obviously. There are some arenas which are so corrupt that the only pure acts possible are nihilistic.
>>
>>45344166
What is a jackpointer, for those of us not in the know?
>>
File: 2737790.png (370KB, 691x537px) Image search: [Google]
2737790.png
370KB, 691x537px
>>45343996
>The catman is an elf
He shares literally no elf-like qualities, aside from the dex and charisma bonuses. His entire backstory is about being booted from elf society.

Poor cunt doesn't even have hands.
>>
>>45344182
You know those comments that are signed with a name? Those are jackpointers commenting on stuff, all the explanations of gear/happenings is hosted on jackpoint which is like a shadowrunner forum.
>>
>>45342541
Primary issue in 4e is that their karma cost is too high for the benefits they get.
>>
>>45343996
That's...still only two elves, anon.
>>
>>45344110

He (read, I) is doing it to be a cheeky bastard. Was very surprised when the housecat mage upped the ante.

>>45344113

It's honestly not been bad at all. The party's look is a little more Pink Mohawk than our GM might have originally anticipated, but so far we've been nothing but professional. Bizarre, but professional.
>>
>>45343996
A former elf who spent most of his post Tir life in Trog and later SURGE ghettos and who hates elven culture.

Oh right, and there's the fact that he's so heavily mutated his original metatype is no longer apparent and that he fled the Tir after his parents tried to sell his freshly mutated tail to corps for scientific experimentation
>>
>>45344226
Shh, let him work it out on his own. He's a big boy now.
>>
>>45344285
>An elf who hates elf culture

Way to reach for that low hanging fruit.
>>
File: 1391025520408.jpg (97KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1391025520408.jpg
97KB, 720x1080px
Hey. Do you guys think that both ballistic masks from Run Faster and helmets from anything can be worn at the same time? They both apply the armor on Chummer, and I'm having a light debate with a player. I know it's my word is law as DM but the book doesn't say shit about it.

Help?
>>
>>45344254
>Read, I
Best twist of 2016.

>>45344346
He used to love it, until he became a freak and they tried to kill him! :3
>>
File: cheekywink.gif (492KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
cheekywink.gif
492KB, 500x204px
>>45344566
>Best twist of 2016.

Happy to be of service.
>>
>>45344548
>They both apply the armor on Chummer
"It works in Chummer" has never been an argument in favour of anything other than a need for reading the books.

You have to decide whether a ballistic mask is a simple faceplate or something larger.
>>
>>45344548
Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't. More power to the player.
>>
File: Realm.png (69KB, 180x215px) Image search: [Google]
Realm.png
69KB, 180x215px
>>45344566
In my opinion they had the right idea.
>>
File: img_5510.jpg (190KB, 800x873px) Image search: [Google]
img_5510.jpg
190KB, 800x873px
>>45344548

Well, Herolab also seems to think they're compatible.

If you're going with this style of helmet and ballistic mask, then it makes total sense.

I know a lot of people play the ballistic mask like the big full-face masks from Army of Two.

Shadowrun's armor system doesn't have explicit slots like D&D 3.X, so it's probably just up to your GM.
>>
>>45344744
To make it more difficult to give a single answer for, there are helmets that are full enclosing and specific to a certain type of full body armour, for use with a chemical seal.
>>
I am building a character and I only have tenuous grasp on the lore. Tell me if this sounds shit or not.

An Oni EVO corp-born neuroscientist and nanotechnology expert apprenticed to (one of) the foremost expert(s) in nanotechnology [Sensei with Cybertechnology skill with specialization in Nanotechnology]. With CFD causing widespread problems and EVO switching focus from Cybertechnology to Biotechnology, the Sensei has left the company on good terms to pursue research elsewhere. A faction within EVO who despises the switch from Cyber to Bio and believes Nanotech to be the future wants the Sensei back, but given the man is at the apex of his field he's too powerful to confront directly. May also have mob connections; it's fucking Russia after all. To put pressure on the Sensei, the faction has done everything they can to push my character out of the company, going as far as they can with administrative bullshit without outright firing the guy.

Now he's on 'Extended Leave', working as a freelance and/or shadow doctor while furthering his research, because fuck if he's going to give those people what they want and go running back to Sensei.

Metatype isn't solid; I went with Oni because Vladivostok is close to Japan and I had an idea of him being originally from Sakhalin island since it's been contested territory between Russia and Japan since 1904. Raised Russian instead of Japanese, so probably dislikes Japanese people.
>>
balls
>>
File: staredown.png (17KB, 238x249px) Image search: [Google]
staredown.png
17KB, 238x249px
>>45345201

Way to be conversational, chummer.

>>45344892

I'm no expert, but it seems alright to me.
>>
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/v27j.mp4
>>
>>45344892
EVO used to be a Japanacorp (Yamatetsu or something), so the oni thing isn't too far out of wack.

It's a neat character, but being as I've had a doctor in my party and come up against this before, I'll throw some food for thought your way:

Why are they shadowrunning? Working as a street doc makes sense and all, but how does that lead to breaking into a Vory boss's house and stealing his dog for money? After all, you should be able to make a decent living just as a street doc, why take the risks? What other skills do they have that might be useful (like weapon training, infiltration, drone knowledge). Just being put on extended leave isn't quite enough for most people to fall into the shadows, you'll probably want an extra step in there. Does he still have his corp SIN? Does he know anyone in the shadows, maybe a fixer friend who dropped out of med school?

Some of it's gonna have to be worked out with the GM of course, but in terms of lore, you're pretty solid on that front.
>>
Hey Yekka, whenever I load my character in a newer version of chummer (For reference, I made him and still use 5.176 Prerelease), he loses all of his skills, limits, and his weapons go out of whack.
>>
>>45345977
>breaking into a Vory boss's house and stealing his dog for money

I would break into his house and steal his dog because THAT DOG IS CUTE AND IT'S MINE NOW.
>>
>>45346298
Sounds like it's corrupted.
>>
Alright, new player here. Last thread you guys told me to stay away from matrix as a new player. But technomancer does look pretty cool.

What if I am playing mainly Rigger with a little bit of techmancer power (to use sprite diagnostic on Drone) and focusing on meatspace?
>>
>>45343996
>party of 6
>three elves
>adept, two mages, mysad and technomancer
>only mundane has no ware
>>
>>45346570
Problem is, you're shooting yourself in the foot by playing technomancer.
>>
>>45346631
new to shadowrun as well, why are technomancers considered bad?
>>
>>45346727
Okay, so first off, they're objectively worse than deckers are at hacking. Secondly, they rely on all four mental stats to do anything useful in matrix space, while at the same time requiring all the skills a hacker needs... and then some. Additionally, you're always taking physical damage while in the trix, and everyone wants to kill you.
>>
>>45346873
holy shit. how are technomancers run like that? that sounds like the only appeal is using magic with the matrix.
>>
>>45346631
I thought Sprite is good enough to offset technomancer problem?

And is it really that bad? I will be only using Sprite to support my drones and vehicles. Not going to bother with other resonance power.
>>
>>45346918
nope, sprites do not offset their matrix shortcomings. Personally I've instituted a house rule that gives Technos programs equal to their matrix score and treats them like complex forms where applicable because their selection of complex forms is so small. All Fading Values are cut by 4 because they're constantly taking damage just by doing their matrix shit.

honestly I don't know what the fuck the devs were thinking. They're unusable without some serious modification.
>>
>>45346570
>>45346727
Play a cybered up rigger if you want to play a rigger.

By attempting to be a technomancer you're shooting yourself in the foot by being both bad at your job and unable to actually rig until about your 2nd / 3rd run, after you successfully submerge. Even then you can't protect / hide your wireless gear the way a decker or rigger can - you need to buy a device to do that for you.

Until a TM book comes out and fixes things, the only reason to play one is because you want to be sub-par.

There is one exception to this, and it's when you play a high charisma TM who only uses it to summon sprites and support them with Leadership.
>>
>>45346727
From what I gather, people tried to make them into decker (even the book encourage you to do this). But in reality they are better at using Sprite to buff the hell out of everyone.
>>
File: 1448562844562.jpg (115KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1448562844562.jpg
115KB, 850x1134px
>>45342095
Handling the print output in an intelligent manner is next on my list of fixes. I've found that printing in landscape makes everything work a bit better.
>>45346298
Sounds like something's not loading properly. Mind uploading the file somewhere?
>>
>>45343065
Lower the priority cost for the Magic priority by one for Technomancers.

no solution at this point for karmagen.

technomancers start with a +1 bonus that can be moved around between their matrix attributes like a decker swaps stats. every time they submerge, they gain another +1 they can stack or split. by their 5th submersion, a technomancer could have +2/1/1/1 or +5/0/0/0.
>>
>>45347060
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7D-Jq_gfWLXR0FOUGl5WFJvemc/view?usp=sharing

Sure, sure. Please excuse my shitty build.
>>
>>45343065
Brainhacking.
>>45347422
Right. I probably won't get a chance to look at it for a couple of hours, but will see what's what.
>>
Just make the Technomage less MAD. Problem solved.
>>
>>45343261

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxHXEzTPGGo
>>
>>45347485
I actually realized that when you download a new chummer update you have to enable all the sourcebooks...
My apologies, Yekka.
>>
>>45347811
Oh! Yeah, that would do it. That's also a thing that's in the works; save the list of used books in the character sheet, throw up an error if they're not present. Generally your settings file should remain intact though unless you delete the whole folder or something, I explicitly don't push it out with the updates. Anyway, glad to hear it works!
>>
>>45347528
Matrix Attributes are: INT+1, INT, INT-1, INT-2, and you can switch them around like a decker does. LOG is still the main hacking attribute.

Shit or less-shit than RAW?
>>
>>45346967
>All fading values cut by 4
Jesus christ, anon.
>>
>>45347892
Mr Yekka, you may be the person to ask.
Earlier I posted a question
>>45341944
Given your knowledge of how chummer works, would you know to do?
>>
>>45344324
>>45344226
>>45346615
Yes, and I don't want to add to that and be the third. Keep up.

>>45344285
All the more reason not to play an elf.
>>
>>45348476
That could work. Problem is, technos still don't have access to swanky-ass programs like smoke and mirrors or baby monitor.
>>
>>45346967
>because they're constantly taking damage just by doing their matrix shit.

That's the fucking point! Same with mages!
>>
>>45349279
let them take programs equal to their Res on chargen and or swap out complex forms with programs and treat the aforementioned programs like complex forms in terms of casting.

honestly they just need shit like forking, baby monitor etc to function as hackers
>>
>>45349250
If I had to guess I'd assume they don't have a useskill set? Try opening up weapons.xml and adding <useskill>Blades</useskill>, see where that gets you.
>>45349313
Mages don't take all drain as physical though. The problem with technomancers to my mind is that a mage gets to ignore the rules of the world, shaping it to his will. A technomancer is forced to work within the rules of the digital world with tools that are inferior to a mundane decker's.
>>
>>45349624
I'll try that, thank you
>>
>>45349624
4e did technos better with Threading being the whole "swiss army knife" thing. Combine that with a couple echoes and you could take skinlink as a power and then resonance trodes and literally hack someone's brain. With the proper preperation you could for instance break into an enemy's tacknet and brick their guns but that takes a bit of prepwork on the part of GMs and players.

Ideally technomancers should be hacking into PANs and bricking weaponry or erecting AR ghosts for enemies to fight but as it is in 5E they're basically Dev notes that somehow made it into the core book.

no where even close to being worth playing or complete. I'd rather they'd have been dropped on the cutting room floor and released as a splat
>>
>>45345977
Apologies, I had to go to class.

>Why are they shadowrunning?
I have probably a strange answer to this question; I used to work as an engineer for a medical products company so this experience sort of colors my answer a bit.

One of the core principles of product development is to make something that people want, or need. There are a lot of ways to find out what people want or need. However, being cut off from the megacorp that I imagine handles most if not all of the data gathering to figure this shit out, the only real options left are to go out and see for yourself what people want and need, or research the topic independently. Beyond simple needs and wants, there's also application; practical or otherwise. Running in the shadows provides two avenues for determining this; you can see how your fellow runners behave and what would make them better or more efficient, and you can also look at your adversaries in CorpSec and the Police's performance to see what could make them better or more efficient. Both are potential customers.

>What other skills do they have?
I planned on making him sort of a combat medic deal, as a byproduct of being a surgeon. Good Body to fight off infection, great Agility for delicate fine motor work, decent mental scores all around because of the more obvious traits of a doctor. Probably very good with blades and other cutting implements, in addition to precision tools. Good to great charisma from corporate upbringing; might not be as good as a full-on dedicated face, but not far behind as far as attributes and skills.

>Does he still have his corp SIN?
My gut says yes, but while I know what a SIN does and why you need one, I don't really know what it is. Does it have a physical object, like a chip? Is it just a digital record floating somewhere that's accessed through the matrix via scanners? Are fake SIN's the same or are they physically different? Can you use a Fake SIN when you have a real one? Are they interchangeable?
>>
>>45345977
Lastly

>Does he know anyone in the shadows?
Yes; I actually intended one of his other contacts to be a 'bought' government official by [insert plot-relevant criminal organization, defaulting to Russian Mafia]. Not quite a typical shadowy figure, but one that has the connections in the right places.
>>
>>45349968
He's consenting to being shot at so he can help the people doing to shooting get better at it? I think the real answer is that he's nuts (which is fine, given that a 'runner needs to be a special kind of nuts to be a 'runner). If you're open to alternative possibilities, every AAA mega has their own high-threat response teams, and those teams have medtechs on hand in addition to security. If this guy has a history of being shuffled around, he might've gotten put on an HTR team at one point and had an affinity for being in the trenches by the time of his "leave of absence."
>>
>>45350215
That's a good idea, I might incorporate that. It would lend credibility to having more combat-oriented skills as a neuroscientist/nanotech specialist.
>>
>>45349968
SINs are a digital record that (to the distributor, a mega, nation, etc) shows your whole purchase/matrix browsing history, medical documents, fingerprint, what licenses you have, educational history, employment, if you're awakened, all that good stuff. Your commlink generally broadcasts it for SIN scanners and such. You generally can't walk into a nicer neighborhood without broadcasting one, or drones will swoop in and hold you until a police officer comes by to check it out. Generally, only the issuing entity has access to ALL your records (knowledge is power is money, after all), but anyone can scan and see if you are who you say you are.

Fake SINs are progressively more advanced fake histories, from the rating 1 "Yeah, you're both elves, it'll be fine" to the rating 6 "Here's a complete 20 year history, your exact physical measurements, matching biometrics, etc". The rating is the threshold the scanner has to beat, and they roll anywhere between 2 dice to buy a soydog at Stuffer Shack, or 20 dice to get into a military base.

You can absolutely broadcast a fake SIN instead of your actual one, but know that if it's, for example, an EVO SIN and you leave a bio sample (blood, hair, you know) on a run on their turf, they can track that to your real SIN.
>>
>>45350539
Gotcha. I'm gonna say dude's probably got the whole -25 point corporate born SIN despite the massive social stigma, mostly because Corp-born SINs aren't registered to the Global SIN registry like national and limited corp SINs. Being registered to the Global SIN registry sounds like a police investigation waiting to happen for anyone doing runners work. With a corp-born SIN, I only have to tread extra carefully if I ever need to run against EVO, which hopefully just won't happen and if it does, hopefully it will be a scorched earth job.

Speaking of hope, here's hoping that the 'being a doctor' positive image that most people have will help to offset the 'being a privileged corp-born tyrant' image a little bit. Or at least convince people to not kill me because maybe they'll need someone to extract a bullet or three later, and I got the only clean tools and sterilized workroom in the district.
>>
>>45349624
Thanks, I fixed the weapon XML to have cyber guns just use the generic skill for their type and now they at least work.
Thanks for the help mr Yekka, I owe you a pint.
>>
I'm really new to /tg/ and i'm really liking the atmosphere of this game, so teach me how to get into this please
>>
>>45350794
Really depends on your party, but you're a lot better off just doing your utmost to never let anyone find out.
>>
>>45351914
pastebin, new gm pdf, one of the first things listed. Find players, use lots of trial and error to find what works for your group.
>>
Hey /tg/, playing for the first time as the face for the group roleplaying as a DJ, and I need some good cyberpunk tracks to blast through my synthlink. Any recs?
>>
>>45351950

He is right. Evo may have good pharmatech but there is no telling your labs contains a bunch of patients in gimpsuits acting as wetware computers advent gene clinic styl
>>
>>45352378

Lazerhawk has a pretty classic vibe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4

Here's the club beat they used in a recent shadowrun game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnP_h8BWxKE

Power Glove also has some good stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqe7jPX6DQY

As does Mega Drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NoYyNKSXQ

Hope that helps.
>>
>>45343496
Fuck off back to Pathfinder, retard.
>>
>>45344548
Have the player fork out the extra nuyen for the custom mask instead of the basic version so it can fit.

The rules handing out negative mods for stacking too much armor are still there to limit things.
>>
how many players tend to be optimal? i understand the more runners you have in a party the more difficult things can be, liabilities and such, but i might be running 5, possibly 6. i've never run anything before.
>>
>>45352550
Yeah, I know those names. Thanks though, dude.
>>
>>45350794
You will run against EVO and your past will come up. It's a negative trait, not free karma.
>>
>>45352904
In my experience, with 4 players you're golden (Murderman, Face, Magic user and Matrix specialist).With 5-6 there will inwvitably be some overlap/need for specialization, but nothing chargen as a group can't fix.

More than 6 players can get hard to manage for the GM.
>>
>>45352935

Alright, how about Crystal Castles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56E8yYgLNHE

The Chemical Brothers are another good place to look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNrYyGdi84

Check out Savant for a sample-heavy dubsteppy feel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllqVdTJd3I

I also like Gramatik for those wub-wubs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGiE7qsJYM

Though he does also have a nice downtempo record:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQqM4N41R78&list=PLWo8jn4GomAy_zQnmsC1kLExOiVMMjpUs&index=4

Hopefully that gives you something new?
>>
>>45353156
Yeah, for sure. Haven't heard of Crystal Castles or Gramatik. That last track you put sounds like awesome Safehouse music. Thanks a bunch, man.
>>
>>45343261
I watched this and I still have no idea how it was related to technomancy but it was really good
>>
>>45347671
Not as good as the Canadian one but much more relevant. bravo.
>>
New to Shadowrun, very interested in playing this. I read the new GM advice thing, but I'm not too sure where to go next. Any advice?
>>
>>45353267
Download 4e or 5e and just start reading it. 5e is easier, 4e is better. I recommend 5e.
>>
>>45353217

Glad some of that was new! That last Gramatik album I linked to is filled with songs that have a similar feel.

You should also check out this Sweet Trip album. Glitch Shoegaze Indie Pop, very cool stuff. Maybe not so great for a DJ, but still could easily fit in Shadowrun.

Sample Track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzh48DD5aGE

Whole Album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZkOzsXwSw
>>
>>45353302
I wouldn't say 4e is better necessarily. It has better editing but there are a lot of problems which are fixed in 5e (though 5e brings with it a slough of problems due to the poor editing)
>>
>>45353267

Read the Quick Start Rules. Run Fast Food Fight as a one-shot for your gaming group to introduce them to how things work.

See if they like it, if so, play a campaign!
>>
>Another guy in my party is playing some tiny person as an orc
I thought Orcs are supposed to be fucking huge, and look like human bodybuilders at strength 3. And don't they age almost twice as fast? I guess it doesn't matter, but it tickles my autism that this Orc augged up sammy is using art from a magical girl show.
>>
>>45353793
Orcs can certainly be lean (see: Gobbet), and age quickly (unless they goblinized during puberty, then they have human lifespans), but yeah, most are taller. I don't see why there couldn't be a short orc though. Humans range between 4'10" and 6'7" easily without even getting into genetic disorders and the like. No reason you can't have a 5' even kawaii orc
>>
>>45353873
Yeah, but she's all skin and bones, without an ounce of meat on her, much less something fitting Strength 6.
>>
>>45353873
I'd call that impaired attribute, some other quality, or a slimworm.
>>
Or the wonderfull effects of the hobo life-style
>>
How useful would it be to dual wield machine pistols like some badass straight outta the trideos? Strength of 7 by the way.
>>
>>45354463
Why does this keep coming up? Dual-wielding is not very viable since it involves splitting the dice pool. You would need a dice pool of aproximately 20-24 to be competent in this manner.
And if you HAD 20-24 dice you would not need a strength of seven to pull this off. You would not need much strength at all, I think. Did you mean Agility?
>>
>>45354463
Strength only gives you recoil compensation, which is easy enough to boost on the guns themselves. It is rather useless, unless you want to go melee as well.

Dual-wielding is a bad idea, though.
>>
So here are some spoilers for drakes. This will be in the critter book, Howling Shadows

>There will be NPC drakes, the scary badass catspaws and right-hands of dragons. Rare, but less so than PC drakes. They were raised in the service of their dragon patron and are probably as dangerous as a Prime Runner. They also have more dragon powers and traits, having been raised with this.
>PC drakes aren't in service of a dragon and had dracomorphosis later in life. They are still learning how to use their dracoforms and powers. Their dragon powers are limited compared to NPC drakes.
>They will be viable at chargen for any archetype, not just mages. The line developer is looking at this as well as it's written, so we have two pairs of eyes making sure they aren't OP or a useless priority sink.
>Dragon powers are separate from magic, so that way if you're not a mage you can still breathe fire, fly/glide, have armored scales, that kind of thing.
>I can't do anything about how snowflakey the concept is but I'm trying to make them cool without forcing the GM to give them any more attention than the other players.
>I just wrote the sentence "descendants of Fourth World drake families" and now I can't stop imagining Shadowrun as done by Jack Kirby.
>>
>>45354476
High strength would be useful - there's only so much RC available.
>>
So I've heard a lot of shit regarding reddit's runnerhub and shadownet, anyone care to give me a run down on why they're good or bad? And why are there two?
>>
>>45354714
I don't think it would be as useful as, say, the agility needed to dual wield effectively.
I mean, if you're playing as a totally moronic pariah I guess you could have enough points to cover the attribute essentials of being a dual-wielding street sammy AND have seven strength but reducing more than one attribute to one has always seemed like too much of a min-maxy thing for my group.
All in all, I would say that yes, high strength would be useful in theory but you'd probably end up just using gun mods to get the bulk of the necessary RC in the proposed build. And in any case, I certainly can't see SEVEN strength being worthwhile. This is all just theory, of course.
>>
>>45354476
Last time it came up, someone said something like "no one is strong enough to hold two automatics one handed".

Also, finally found the section in the rules for it. If I'm understanding this right, I'm confused. Attacks with weapons add things like Accuracy, so how does that work with splitting a dice pool? Do I split each individual pool and then add the Accuracy and whatnot? How do I handle the damage?

>>45354684
>>Dragon powers are separate from magic, so that way if you're not a mage you can still breathe fire, fly/glide, have armored scales, that kind of thing.
Do you mean I could be a cyborg dragon? I thought Shadowrun had a complex that meant you could never really mix the fantasy and cyberpunk.
Even the characters in Rigger 5.0 are amazed that a drone has a (shitty, low quality) magic camera.
>>
>>45354786
I think they were just talking about IRL-type stuff. You do not need much strength for guns in SR, generally. Except for RC, which is pretty important but not seven strength important.
Accuracy is your Limit for firearms. It is not a dice pool bonus. Do not make that mistake. If it were a bonus, dual-wielding would probably be a whole lot better.
>>
>>45354786
That's up in the air. I really told you all I feel comfortable saying with the NDA. Spoilering the following sentimental bullshit because this isn't my blog but I want to tell this to you guys.

Between losing my last writing job and a clusterfuck of medical issues one after another, I've been doing really shitty lately. What's kept me going and got me back on my feet is not only being allowed to come back to Shadowrun, but how great and helpful and friendly you guys always are. You probably saved my life, so, thank you. These spoilers are my way of returning the favor in some small way. I hope you enjoy them.
>>
>>45354783
Not everyone plays street scum, pal.
>>
>>45354783
>Reducing more than one attribute to one
Or you could have magic or robot parts. I have seven strength for when I hit it with my sword, because I'm able to boost my Strength with magic. Although I'm still unsure whether Attribute Boost 3 is good enough. It seems the higher your Attribute Boost rating, the harder it would be to get enough hits to fully cover the Boost. +1 die doesn't translate to +1 hit after all. I'm not familiar enough with the setting to know where diminishing returns kick in. I also don't know whether or not 11 for combat doesn't really need a boost.

>>45354806
Oh. That just seems needlessly complicated when Physical Limits already exist. It makes sense, yeah, but it still seems needlessly complicated. I guess I won't actually be casually dual wielding like Dante, then.
>Do not make that mistake. If it were a bonus, dual-wielding would probably be a whole lot better.
Probably contributes to my "how can that not be good?" feeling.

>>45354829
Aww. Although I can't really say I'm a usual in these threads, I *am* the weirdo who sent you a Facebook message saying "keep your head up". I've been tempted to PM you for character building advice, but that seemed bad form. I'm glad to hear you're doing better, though. I have no idea why /srg/ likes you but /wodg/ hated you. I wonder if it's the boy name versus girl name...
>>
>>45354867
I'm just saying, you would probably be better served investing heavily into Agility, Reaction, Intuition and also maybe Body and Will. If you can manage seven strength on top of that, all the better for you I guess. I haven't run the numbers so I'm willing to admit that I don't fully know what sorts of numbers I'm talking about here.
>>45354881
Yeah, I'm just not sure how you can be Magical and a swordsman and also a dual-wielder and also effective simultaneously. Which is, obviously, not to say it can't be done, but, assuming that this is your first character for your first game, you might consider being a little less ambitious, maybe?
>>
>>45354881
I remember you. Thanks for that. I couldn't give much advice. I can root out a system and make it do weird stuff, but chargen isn't something I can give advice on. Sorry.

I couldn't tell you either. It's weird, because I'm credited in the books as Amy Veeres for both Shadowrun and Onyx. So I don't know.
>>
>>45354911
Probably. Although I'd assumed that "shoot more and also cut things" was the thing Street Samurai were supposed to do. It already feels weird that I'm only focusing on two weapons instead of ALL THE WEAPONS.

Also, I'm "magical and a swordsman" because I'm an Adept. It's not like I'm a nerdy Mage running and gunning.

My stat layout is BOD: 4 AGI: 5 REA: 4 (6) STR: 4 CHA: 6 INT: 4 LOG: 4 WIL: 6 EDG: 1 MAG: 6
And I've got Attribute Boost (AGI) 3, Attribute Boost (STR) 3, Improved Reflexes 2, Mystic Armour 2, and Skate.
I might drop both Mystic Armour and Improved Reflexes down one for more fun powers instead of utility powers.

>>45354930
Yeah, but no one reads the credits page. Meanwhile in the thread you're Mac or Amy, and you KNOW which one 4chan is going to give more shit. Then again /wodg/ is just hostile in general for some reason...
>>
>>45354960
I would drop Will down to 5 and upgrade body to 5 to make the most of your damage boxes. I would decrease Logic and increase Intuition to help improve your initiative, too, probably. I would also try to scrounge for the karma to buy up a point of Edge, because Edge is pretty useful. And I would remove some points from Charisma until you maxed your Agility and also Reaction.
I forget the logic behind it but I believe that Combat Sense is generally thought to be better than Mystic Armor. Certainly most combat adepts tend to have one level of it for ambush (?) purposes. And do not drop Improved Reflexes, Intiative is super important.
That's how I'd play it anyway, you may not need to be that extreme.
>>
>>45354994
I'm hoping I don't need to go extreme, and from the sounds of the other characters, I don't. We've got two Technomancers and a complete mundane, on top of a doctor/infiltrator who might also be completely mundane, and my drone assisted Adept.
>>
>>45355025
>Two technomancers
Never mind, play however you want, friend.
Please don't drop Improved Reflexes though.
>>
>>45355025
>>45355035
One last thing though. When I said 'extreme', I meant an extreme deviation from your current build. My proposed character is not an extreme min-maxed character, he/she is just pretty competent at what they do. If you don't want to play that way that's obviously fine because it's your character and you should be comfortable with him or her and also you've got the mythical 'two technomancer special' going to you're unlikely to be horribly overshadowed. I just didn't want you to think I was trying to sell you the definitive combat monster or whatever.
>>
>>45355035
>>45355070
I'm kind of worried how I'm going to keep everyone alive...
>>
>>45354786
>Do you mean I could be a cyborg dragon?
Isn't it canon that the only 'ware a Dragon ever managed to successfully get was a Deltaware Datajack?j ANd didn't that dragon get stuck in the Matrix anyway?
>>
>>45355104
The GM will simply have to do a little work in tailoring the encounters I guess. This does not sound like a very strong team, which is obviously fine, but it is something that should be borne in mind. If you get TPKed then I guess that will be a valuable lesson for all parties involved but hopefully it won't come to that. And who knows, I might be severely underestimating the threat currently posed by two 5e technos.
And if you're worried about keeping the party alive probably the smallest most useful thing you can do would be to keep Improved Reflexes. Seriously, sufficient Initiative gives you extra moves in each combat turn. It is super useful.
Best of luck, anon! Hope you have fun with Shadowrun.
>>
I mean, the Mage has some pew pew and I think the full muggle does, too, but Technomancers are apparently the epitome of MAD and I don't know what the Doctor can do.

Then again I also don't know why I'm thinking every Run will be me and my robots fighting five guys while everyone else tries to hack something. Maybe I should spread my points out to make sure I'm not just sitting around picking my nose until someone accidentally trips an alarm.
>>
>>45355148
Eilohann, yes. He got caught on the Matrix in Crash 2.0 and is now an e-ghost.
>>
>>45355148
Drakes aren't full dragons, they're some kind of weird shapeshifters, engineerd by the dragons.

Seems like the 'immortal elves' lesson didn't stick, but yeah...
>>
>>45355162
You're points are already spread out quite a bit desu imho. You've got six charisma and seem unwilling to budge on that so maybe try to build up for some light Face work if you really feel the need to do something out of combat?
>>
>>45354960
IIRC attribute boost only affects dicepools, not weapon damage.
>>
>>45354960
You can easily take only a single rank in Attribute boost. And forget about Mystic Armor, it's grossly overcosted for what it does.
>>
File: brig redo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
brig redo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Okay I've re-done my sheet for a character I plan on playing and would like some critique.

I know cyberlimbs aren't optimal, but I'm doing it for flavor and also the easy armor. They have enhanced agility so by my understanding the dice pools for the automatics and pistols should actually be three higher.

also a shitty MS paint edit.
>>
>>45355238
I didn't say I was unwilling to budge. Although I do have a natural inclination towards "I want to be at least THIS pretty". I'm also doing some light Face work in the form of 7/8 in Con, Performance, and Negotiation.

>>45355265
>>45355291
Is damage calculated in some weird way that I didn't notice? I thought more hits was good for you.

Also, is Mystic Armour bad? I have no way of judging. I don't understand why a few 'fluffy' abilities are .5 or 1. If I had more points I'd take stuff to be as flashy as possible. Why should I drop my Attribute Boosts? +3 seems decent, but +1 seems why bother. Then again, I may be bringing too much WoD into it, where it takes about three dice for a good change of an additional success.

I'll probably drop Mystic Armour and just dress a little less Pink Mohawk. Then possibly take powers that allow me to be more pink mohawk. Or take 1 Ess worth of cyberware.
>>
Hey /srg/, can you help a noob out?

Friend invited me to a 5e game and I haven't read 5e, just never got around to it. Apparently they have a melee guy, a mage and a decker (and possibly a face, or that's one of the existing three) lined up, so I figure I'll go with a street sam with big guns.

Probably with as much chrome as I can reasonably get, since the backstory I'm working with working with this is the bog standard "Started running because they needed lots of cash fast, keeps running to pay for all the lost limbs FROM running."

Far as I know, standard starting character creation. Any suggestions on how to make this work without embarrassing myself?
>>
>>45355378
Mystical Armor is the most expensive way to boost your soak, bar none. And the fact it also helps against magic doesn't make up for that.

If you really want it, get a Qi Focus for it and keep your power points
>>
>>45342921
Next character to be an armored up Street Sam that gets their giggles from dressing to look like a mage.
>>
Anyone got cool Ideas for safehouses or bases the group could use?

My ideas would be a cabin in the woods and a loft like the one from the me3 citadel dlc.
Another possibility could be a secluded and secured part of the sewers or a trailerpark
>>
>>45355438
5e is hopeless for cybernetics, due to Catalyst's insistence on turning Shadowrun into a toothless PC magical-natives political tract for the writers' Wiccan girlfriends (who're now roughly half of the writing staff).
If you want to play a street samurai with plenty of cyber who hasn't been gimped by the pathological Catalyst obsession with tying everything into magic and spirits and gimping everything that can even remind people of classical cyberpunk, you need to go all the way back to 3e.
In my opinion, 3e is where the cyberpunk stopped - Catalyst is so obsessed with magic and urban fantasy that the cyberpunk elements get drowned out completely by being underpowered or overshadowed by other options, and the few straggling elements are then killed by their "modern" insistence on cloud and wireless cybernetics, which does match the age it's written in but forgets the key conflicts behind cybernetics in cyberpunk. If there's nothing of yourself you have to replace, or nowhere you have to plug something in, quite a lot of the conflicts suddenly disappear, leaving only bland and overpriced generic powerups (that have a metaplot-supported alternative in the overpowered, disproportionally varied and cosmically important magic).
>>
>>45341421
Not sure if you are still here, but that sounds pretty good.

I myself have been thinking about a Campaign centered around Trideo Runs. Any advice for this?
>>
>>45355473
I can't make heads or tales of this Qi Focus section. It seems like I'd need a stupidly large amount of money and karma to get Mystic Armour in a Focus.

>>45355639
Honestly I feel the opposite. Mages are powerful but if you actually PLAY a Mage you miss out on like half the fucking setting because the average person is expected to have like three Essence worth of completely necessary gear in their head.

Nevermind that Shadowrun is SUPPOSED to be this merger of high fantasy Dungeons and Dragons with edgy HACK THE PLANET robot eye goggles cyberpunk, but the game completely fails at being WHERE MAN MEETS MAGIC AND MACHINE. I don't mind that the game no longer looks like everyone just stepped out of a hair metal music video (I mean, I'm clearly newer than most to the setting so I can't have nostalgia for that), but it really bothers me that magic and machine are two opposites that shall never meet. You either minmax or you do one or the other.

I mean, the setting is also really dumb, and the video games manage to do better than the game book itself at making it seem like an interesting world. Even if I was a little miffed to find out that Dead Man's Switch is in the "past" and I didn't save the world from the bugs.
>>
File: d87a7b9c997c9934578099d3c32.jpg (337KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
d87a7b9c997c9934578099d3c32.jpg
337KB, 1920x1200px
>>45355626
>>
>>45355728
>The setting is also really dumb
That's a pervasive problem, sadly, and not even I can defend some of the fluff elements - for example the ridiculous native expansion, where most of the US and Canada is for some reason peacefully ruled by about 5000 people and the Caucasians are ignored, or the parts about Japan, which I've had to houserule simply because it's obvious that there was no research whatsoever and someone on the team had a negative bias - it goes straight against basically the last 70 years of Japanese history and cultural development.
>>
>>45355761
>Japan
>Hyper traditional setting where everyone has returned to the Old Ways
>But not the parts that are older
>>
>>45355214

I thought drakes came before immortal elves, since Mountainshadow had two of them he treasured dearly.
>>
>>45354684

Thank you based Amy
>>
>>45346398
I had a character that WAS the Vory boss's dog.
A Samoyed shapechanger, Smiling Sammy. Fluffiest damn mage you ever did see.
>>
I'm not going into detail on that, partially because I don't want to just spill all this and explain everything. Dragons are supposed to be cryptic and hard to get a straight answer from.

Also talking about the Fourth Age in detail requires NPCs with that information, who are rare as all fuck, and furthermore it's dangerously close to Earthdawn territory.
>>
>>45355761
>>45355785

The main Japan issue I struggle to reconcile is population decline vs growth, metaphobia, and status as a world power. Like, it'd be one thing if they threw the metaphobia out, had Japan grow again, and go stompy, or had them become an immigrant nation or one with a lot of client states where the actual labor happens, but how do they get to be a world power on their current track? The Chinese implosion helps, but doesn't explain all of it. None of it adds up.
>>
I'm trying to get into Shadowrun, and I have a question. Is there literally any reason to play 5e over 4e, because 4e seems to be superior is every way.
>>
File: CAT27100X_Poster-and-Map_Front.jpg (1MB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CAT27100X_Poster-and-Map_Front.jpg
1MB, 1500x1050px
>>45355728
>Mages are powerful but if you actually PLAY a Mage you miss out on like half the fucking setting because the average person is expected to have like three Essence worth of completely necessary gear in their head.
I've got no idea where you got this from.
Nearly everything a mage needs to function in the 6th world has a non-ware equivalent (trodes, imagelink contacts, etc)

>You either minmax or you do one or the other.
Buying Alphaware and rationing yourself isn't minmaxing, it's just an opportunity cost (do I think the ware from this is valuable enough to lose one PP/lose 1 die on spellcasting) like anything else, and adepts taking ware isn't that uncommon (see: burnouts way)

>The setting is also really dumb
Oh, yeah I agree 100%
Just look at this fucking map
>Miami joining fucking Cuba
>>
>>45355926

I rolled a border collie shifter occult investigator with a psychometric approach at one point, but never got to play her.
>>
>>45356225
Isn't most of that a problem with how it started in the 80s?

>>45356228
How would you know if you're just getting into it? Honestly as a newcomer 5e seems a lot more friendly, but all the old hands like 4e.

>>45356240
There's non-ware equivalents, but most of them aren't as good. There are a lot of things Mages just can't really do as well because they can't augment their body. It'd be one thing if this were like Mage: The Awakening where you can do whatever you want with magic, but when you have to pick your spells from a list of options it's not all that great.

Also, when I say minmaxing I mean exactly that. You have to worry about whether you're doing the right thing, and you have to figure out where to cut one thing to make something else incredibly amazing (like cybereyes for anything that's only limited by your field of view).

>Miami joining fucking Cuba
Is there any real world situation where a small part of the mainland is territorial to an island nation?
>>
>>45356240

See the Miami thing actually made sense to me. A lot of southern Florida's going to be underwater, and frankly Miami's cultural ties to "the South" are weak. I don't think a Miami-Havana-San Juan-Kingston axis is crazy.
>>
>>45356309

To an extent. Interestingly, the 2e release in Japan apparently dropped a lot of the metaphobia, and I'd be curious to see a translation at some point of that take on it.

>>45356309

I'm an old hand and I'd take 5e over 4e, although I usually cut cyberware and cyberdeck costs dramatically, back closer to 4e levels. I love a lot of the new mechanics that keep dice pools from scaling to infinity, for one, and the hacking system, while still nonsense, is more exciting.
>>
>>45356225
Shadowrun grew up on the fear the japanese economy would keep growing and ultimately expand to or buy out most of the rest of the world.

I'll leave whether said fear was realistic or not out of this; but *Japan Stronk* makes sense when looked at it through the lens of the decenny Shadowrun was created.
>>
>>45356309
>Is there any real world situation where a small part of the mainland is territorial to an island nation?
Japan took over Korea at a few points.
>>
>>45356309

Gibraltar and the UK? At subnational level, NYC and the Bronx actually seems like a good analogue
>>
>>45356328

If that counts, then you may as well add the entire history of British colonialism. The imperialist era was kind of aberrant in this regard.
>>
>>45356309
>There are a lot of things Mages just can't really do as well because they can't augment their body.
The only thing that comes to mind where the 'ware is superior to the non-'ware is smartlink wireless bonus, or wired reflexes vs. improve reflexes (which is a difference of "the mage needs to cast a spell on their first pass or beforehand"/"Mage needs a sustaining focus") either way, having a distinction between the things magic let you do and the things 'ware let you do isn't really a bad thing, it adds variety to different approaches.
>>
So call me slowpoke, just got around to catching up on 5e.

There's various issues which I'm sure have beencovered Ad Nauseam but I'm focusing on CFD and I'm left wondering...just why?

It's a blunt attempt to sideline ware, reverse technological advancement and make magic more important. It really doesn't suit shadowrun.
>>
>>45356309
>how whould I know
I read both books cover to cover, plus the important 4e supliments (runners companion, street mage, etc).
I see litterally no improvements made by 5e.
>>
>>45356381
>I'm focusing on CFD
First mistake.
>It's a blunt attempt to sideline ware, reverse technological advancement and make magic more important
And fucking over cyber users and deckers in the process!
Hope you didn't want to put priority A in anything but nuyen!
>>
>>45355761
Well the native culture kind of got picked up by caucasians, blacks etc and they joined various tribes. The setting is ridiculous but there's some easy justifications for this nonsense.
>>
File: SRJP_replay3.jpg (1MB, 800x1293px) Image search: [Google]
SRJP_replay3.jpg
1MB, 800x1293px
>>45356240
>>45356310
The weirdest fucking thing to me is deciding to set the core game in Seattle and then bending the map to fit that. Why is Seattle in the UCAS smack dab on the other fucking side of the country? I could understand if Tir Tangire was UCAS, there are some weird borders in real life, that wouldn't be too unusual. But no, Seattle is fucking 1000+ miles from the nearest UCAS territory. Fucking WHY?

And I don't mean "What justification for it is there", I mean "who thought that was a good idea".

>>45356319
The 2e release in Japan also made all the Metas cute, except for Tororu-nii-san.

>>45356328
>>45356355
Yeah, but that didn't really work out in the long run in the case of Japan.

Britain had a good run that's comparable to this, but they were also a relatively LARGE island nation. It's over twice the size of Cuba. And had military might.
I'm talking a small island carving off a chunk of a larger continent. Like if Britain took over France.

>>45356347
>Gibraltar
Huh. Now that IS weird. What do you mean by NYC and the Bronx, though? That just happens to be the center of a city situated on an island. I'm pretty sure some people have swam across the Hudson.

>>45356356
I'm not talking about the mechanical "for Runners" stuff. I'm talking about Ghost in the Shell style "I'll just split my hands open and type with twelve fingers" stuff.

>>45356381
>I'm focusing on CFD and I'm left wondering...just why?
I think most people in these threads feel the same way. Honestly it seems like an excuse to keep things from getting out of hand narratively and getting too transhumanist to be the same kind of thing people playing SHADOWRUN come for. They could also handle this by not doing a metaplot in the first place so that there isn't some "timeline" to advance and people can play Shadowrun in a setting that makes sense. But that would be too difficult.
>>
>>45356392
There's some mechanical improvements to get rid of dice bloat but the new matrix manages to make wireless commlink hacking look reasonable, technomancers are non functional, and the focus on mages feels like a bad homebrew.
>>
>>45356439

>Art done by Eiwa.

Mah dick.
>>
I'm totally new to Shadowrun and I have a couple of kinda stupid questions, if anyone would be kind enough to indulge an idiot:

>How viable is a guns-oriented character without a great deal of technology implanted in them? Is there a 'required' level of cybernetics to be good at that kind of thing?

>Would it be reasonable to have an eye-patch made of a material that's opaque from the outside but transparent from the inside? I had the idea of my character hiding a cybernetic eye behind an eye-patch so he looks both unaugmented and half-blind to everyone

>Is having both a National SIN and Distinctive Style a really bad idea? (ex-military guy with a fondess for old-school camo gear)
>>
>>45356439
>The 2e release in Japan also made all the Metas cute, except for Tororu-nii-san.
Didn't it also make Japan have no racism issues, not be an empire, have no refugee camps, and basically be the one Nice Place™ in Shadowrun?
I remember someone mentioning this in an earlier thread and it was fucking hilarious but totally believable.

>and getting too transhumanist
well they sure did a great job of that by making cyberware an objectively inferior choice to bioware.
>>
>>45356494
>How viable is a guns-oriented character without a great deal of technology implanted in them? Is there a 'required' level of cybernetics to be good at that kind of thing?
There are many ways to go shootman in SR you can
>Go razorboy, which means you have your nerves replaced with ethernet cables and a ballin' robot arm (you could also do this with bioware which is like cyberware but made of meat)
>Go adept, which means you use magic to augment your body and physical skills, instead of casting fireballs
>Go completely unauged and be Mr. Lucky which has you max out your Edge which is essentially a refreshing pool of "make me do cool shit" (you can use it to force yourself to go first in combat, reroll misses, and permanently spend it to not die when you normally would)
Or a combination of the above three.
>>
r8 my attempt at a streetsam

http://pastebin.com/nhzeKFCB

Also, can someone post the rules for that really awful ares rifle that breaks more than it works? I forget the name of it.
>>
>>45356494
Gun adepts are a thing, so you can be a mgic user with guns. In general you need some kind of augmentation either 'ware, drugs, or magic. You can kind of scrape by with gun mods I guess.

Cyber eyes usually come in pairs but the eyepatch thing isn't the craziest thing you could do.

Distinctive style and a Veteran SIN paint a target on your head but no more so than SURGE or being awakened with a national SIN.
>>
>>45356443
Gotcha

How to older editions hold up? Should I be looking for third or second, or should I skip over it?
>>
>>45356494
A National SIN means that a certain nation has a record of what is essentially your entire life, this includes but is not limited to:
>Birthday
>Physical appearance
>Biometrics
>Browsing history
>Shopping habits
>Licenses
etc etc

When you are out in public you pretty much need to be broadcasting your SIN all the time unless you are in a shitty area (or else drones will detain you until a police officer shows up to check you out and probably drive you back to the aforementioned shitty area).
If someone not affiliated with your nation scans your SIN (say for example, a police officer in Aztlan scans your UCAS SIN), it will probably just flash "This nigga is cool" or "YO THIS NIGGA A TERRORIST DETAIN", but if a Lone Star officer in a UCAS city finds a sample of your blood at a crime scene, they could trace it back to you via your national SIN from the biometric data. It's something to worry about, basically.
Distinctive style just means that people remember you easier, which can be an issue because if that Lone Star officer tracks your blood to your SIN and asks around, people are more likely to remember seeing you at X location at Y time.
Basically both make you easier to track, so just be careful covering your tracks.
>>
>>45356583
Some of the game fluff can only be found in older editions so check the wiki and consider downloading select books from older editions.

Weird shit can happen between editions like one of the EcoWarrior groups going full Ecoterrorist cult when before they were fairly humane.and professional. The only book I know of that fluffs New Orleans is a second edition jook. Year of the Comet in 3rd is important for fans of SURGE for obvious reasons.

So yeah, do some research amd grab older editions for a skim when you feel like getting complex.
>>
>>45356439
>Like if Britain took over France.
They actually had normandy for a while there.
>>
>>45356634
>fans of SURGE
>fans
>SURGE
?
>>
>>45356652
Sudden Unexplained Recessive Genetic Expression.

Created metatypes like Dryads, Oni, Fomori, Gnomes as well as generally weird mutants. SURGE mutants are called Changelings and are a product of a Manaspike caused by Haley's comet.

SURGE traits include but are not limited to animalistic features, extra limbs and sensory organs, venom glands, scent glands and other such features. SURGE traits breed true leading to the more stable Changelings creating small ethnic groups.
>>
>>45356707
You misunderstand
I was expressing confusion at the idea that there are people who are fans of SURGE.
>>
>>45356573
>>45356548
>>45356630
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go for an edge + robotic arm build and see how that pans out. Honestly I'm kind of basing him off of Big Boss because I'm an unoriginal hack.
>>
>>45356719
I'm a fan of SURGE

Deal with it.
>>
>>45356721
Better than Motoko Kusanagi. I knpw you can build a rocket fist in 4e.
>>
>>45356634
>Some of the game fluff can only be found in older editions so check the wiki and consider downloading select books from older editions.
Or make shit up instead of sticking to the One True Canon.

>>45356652
>>45356719
Some people want to be weirdoes. It's shadowrun, you should be allowed to play some off the wall crazy shit. Hell, Shadowrun allows for more off the wall crazy shit than even D&D. Being a Shadowrunner is basically being part of a quirky miniboss squadron.

>>45356721
How does MGSV have fully working AI that is clearly capable of some sort of vision and yet Venom doesn't have a fucking eye replacement?
>>
>>45356721
If you want to go full solid eye, you could probably fluff the eyepatch as a capacity [4] monocle (which essentially means you can fit [4] units worth of stuff in it, including augmented reality vision, firearm smartlink (a HUD from halo essentially), and low-light vision).
For the arm, if you want to go full MGSV, you could get a modular shoulder socket to have a few different arms to swap out (one with a stun hand for example), but that can get pretty costly.

The great thing about edge characters is that since they have a huge pool of refreshable "do cool shit" stuff they don't need to spend a lot of chargen resources on magic or money, so they generally have a huge amount of skills and high base attributes, fitting of big boss.
>>
>>45356772
>How does MGSV have fully working AI that is clearly capable of some sort of vision and yet Venom doesn't have a fucking eye replacement?
Because MGSV and PW are extremely shit when it comes to the story aspect.
>VOCAL
>CHORD
>PARASITES
>>
>>45356801
I don't entirely mind the vocal cord parasites thing, but holy fucking shit it feels like the MGS series is trying to bend over backwards to not just go "these people are fucking weird, deal with it".
>>
>>45356772
>Some people want to be weirdoes. It's shadowrun, you should be allowed to play some off the wall crazy shit.

Aye. On the other hand, it's shadowrun, so be prepared to face the consequences of your crazy shit. You might be a piranha, but if you go poking sharks around you'll get eaten.
>>
>>45356772
I'm less interested in sticking to canon amd more having a starting point to extrapolate from.

>things I got from shadows of Namerica 2e
>a self aware free zombie houngan as a boss encounter
>a local propietary security corp for the Lousiana territories
>several NPCs
>good suggestions for bayou random encoumters
>a general political makeup for the caribean and CAS underworld
>>
>>45356817

A friend advanced the theory recently that the events of the MGS series are really just a very long, very pathetic larping session. The most quintessential example of this being when Snake and Raiden are standing in New York in their superpajamas after Arsenal Gear crashed into it and nobody else notices or cares.
>>
>>45356817
The thing about vocal cord parasites is that it's so fucking stupid, even moreso than NANOMACHINES
It was also a blatant bait and switch because people thought the focus of the games story was supposed to be on language as an idea instead of
>lol these things kill you if you speak jive
The tech level of MGSV and PW also make no sense, the games continued progressing technologically as they released (with the exception of MGS3) but went back in time chronologically.
>>
>>45355728
>Qi Focus

It's not that hard. First check how much PP (the upgrade to) your power would cost and you want encapsulated in a Focus. Multiply that cost by four. That's the Force the Qi Focus must be.

The, you pay (Force*3000) nuyen to have it crafted/tattooed; and (Force*2) Karma to bind it.
>>
>>45356506
It's really just a difference of perspective.
Japan's version of itself in in Shadowrun is based on a futurized version of it's current status.
America's version of Japan is like some horrible bastardized version of Japan in WWI combined with how they thought Japan worked and looked in 1986.
Modern Japan looks upon the Imperial period with a huge degree of embarrassment and kind of wishes everyone would ignore it; ignoring things that embarrass you or stand out too much is a fairly built-in cultural trait for them.
>>
>>45356439
>And I don't mean "What justification for it is there", I mean "who thought that was a good idea".

Actually, I know this one!
They were always going to turn a major US city into a legal patchwork Casablanca, they just hadn't decided which one.
They ended up picking Seattle specifically because when the game was made (1989) unlike every other major modern metropolis in the US it had no noticeable stereotypes attached to it, and they wanted a large but "fresh" city to screw with in their timeline.
>>
>>45356310
As someone who grew up in the Deep South, I can tell you that much of it (including Florida) looks at Miami as being it's weird little microcosm.
>>
>>45357018
> ignoring things that embarrass you or stand out too much is a fairly built-in cultural trait for them.
Which is the funny part, Americans for all their patriotism depicted America as a broken up balkanized group of bickering nation states, whereas Japan is just "Current Japan with megacorps and no xenophobia"
>>
>>45357018
It's kind of funny reading about Britain as a British person. It's exactly the same as now, but with the world's most unreliable nuclear power plants (three meltdowns, I mean seriously?) and the real world being possibly ahead of schedule when it comes to leaving the EU.
>>
File: ban-plastic-knives1.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ban-plastic-knives1.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
>>45357090
>Britain
Every fucking time.
>>
>>45357086
Because we LIKE to read about depressing dystopias we can struggle against, you know? It breaks the monotony of our lives. Japan liked that too back in the 80's; you saw it all the time in their pop culture back then.

Thing is, now Japan in REAL LIFE is beset with several extremely severe cultural problems that are dramatically setting the nation back that have no obvious solution at all. They don't want to read about a future where Japan is a horrible dystopia because Japan already has a lot of problems right now.
>>
>>45357090
In fairness shadowrun's early eighties terror of the atom extends to the rest of the setting. It's theorized that the manasphere fucks with nuclear power
>>
>>45357112
>dollars
I don't think that picture is from Britain, anon.
>>
>>45342238
Running Wild has a few paragraphs on the subject of Drakes, in with the rest of the dragon stuff
>>
I have to start DMing a campaign tomorrow and I've never played Shadowrun before. Any advice? I feel like I'm just gonna fuck things up.
>>
>>45356824
This is the other problem with Shadowrun. Nobody, not the game itself or it's fans, knows whether it's supposed to be a serious gritty crime thriller set in a futuristic urban fantasy setting, or if it's supposed to be a ridiculous injoke filled zany heist movie with a ridiculous cast of quirky characters.

If Shadowrun were really a world where you need to be "prepared to face the consequences of your crazy shit" it wouldn't be a world WHERE BEING A ̶D̶U̶N̶G̶E̶O̶N̶ ̶C̶R̶A̶W̶L̶E̶R̶ SHADOWRUNNER WAS A VIABLE AND LUCRATIVE PROFESSION.

>>45356848
No, that's because MGS2 didn't happen. Until MGS4 said it did, but MGS4 was a mess. I hear the novelization actually handles the story better, and even ties MG2 to MGS3. Tselinoyarsk and Zanzibarland were the same place.

>>45356864
I feel like the vocal cord parasites are fine. They're enhancing the metaphor of language as a virus, especially if you listen to the supplementary material conversations with Code Talker. Of course, that this important and necessary information is separate from the actual gameplay--you don't even TALK to Code Talker, you just listen to recordings--is one of MGSV's biggest flaws. Shit, I know that and I just saw the shit on Youtube.

The other big flaw being that it's a half finished mess.

>>45356885
That seems overly complicated. And also out of my budget.

>>45357052
I mean, it's interesting that they picked Seattle as their setting, but at the same time... why is it UCAS territory? It's not a Casablanca, it's just UCAS territory off a thousand miles away.

>>45357140
You'd think they'd want to have games where they could fix that.
Honestly, Japan is even more than the US in a situation where "maybe when the older generation dies the country will be better". They have one of the largest age inequalities of any country, don't they?
>>
>>45357176
Run Food Fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 486x720px
Basically, any all cultural problems and oddities in Shadowrun came from it being developed and made in the late 80's and then never really moving past that period in a lot of ways.
In the end there's lots of people who want Shadowrun to be SEHRIOUSFASE, but it's about as serious as Streets of Fire or this movie.
>>
>>45357140
https://youtu.be/3QDyj9knJ44
Related to Japanese 80s cyberpunk dystopias
>>
>>45357217
What about splintered state? I've already read through that and have it downloaded.
>>
>>45343145
To be fair there are exactly 2 career options for a drake. Independently Contracted Runner and Runner that works for a dragon.
>>
>>45357206
>They have one of the largest age inequalities of any country, don't they?
Just over 60%.
And unfortunately, you might be right. Way too many of the current government are wishing it was 1979 still and their policies still worked and can't extract the insestuous relationship they have with their business sector and now are dealing with a population contraction problem on top of it.
>>
File: japan-population-pyramid-2014.gif (63KB, 610x425px) Image search: [Google]
japan-population-pyramid-2014.gif
63KB, 610x425px
>>45357206
>This is the other problem with Shadowrun. Nobody, not the game itself or it's fans, knows whether it's supposed to be a serious gritty crime thriller set in a futuristic urban fantasy setting, or if it's supposed to be a ridiculous injoke filled zany heist movie with a ridiculous cast of quirky characters.
...not really?
You can run shadowrun with whatever tone you want as a GM, it varies from group to group and the fact that shadowrun can both be a zany pink mohawk adventure for some groups and a tacticool black trenchcoat espionage game for others is a good thing.

>that's because MGS2 didn't happen.
Debatable, there are definitely arguments for both sides, and I think the vagueness of MGS2 is to it's benefit.

>The other big flaw being that it's a half finished mess.
Yep.

>I mean, it's interesting that they picked Seattle as their setting, but at the same time... why is it UCAS territory? It's not a Casablanca, it's just UCAS territory off a thousand miles away.
Yeah that always bugs me.
Pretend you're a politician in the newly formed UCAS government, why the fuck are you okay with giving up 3/4ths of America but you specifically need seattle to be a post-WWII Berlin sorta deal?

>"maybe when the older generation dies the country will be better"
I don't really think that will fix the issues plaguing japan.
The main issue is the extremely low birth rate which causes the age inequality.
Due to Japanese culture, they've comodified every aspect of a relationship (cuddle cafes where you pay to just cuddle with a qt grille, host bars where you go just to talk with professional conversationalists (for both men and women), prostitution that will even cater to scat fetishists, VNs "replacing" romance, etc.) to the point where people don't see the need to have a relationship and a lot of people don't see the benefit of having children or getting married.
>>
>>45357352
There's also the problem that Japanese employees are hugely overworked like in the 80's but don't really have potential for economic security or advancement anymore, so basically they slave themselves to exhaustion in a completely unrewarding system, which often leads to extreme depression and a loss of sexual appetite when combined with all that other shit.

My parents told me when they moved here their relationship improved dramatically due to the cultural differences.
>>
>>45357401
Yeah, that's one of the other issues leading to men not working.
The workplace culture in Japan is some of the worst in the world that forces you to go in early and leave late, otherwise people see you as lazy, so you're working 10+ hour days with no hope for advancement, so many men just don't bother.
>>
On more info on the commodification of relationships in Japan, Vice did a really neat documentary on it.
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/video/the-japanese-love-industry
>>
>>45357206
>That seems overly complicated.
Are you for real?

>And also out of my budget.
You'll get 12000 nuyen and 8 karma faster and easier than than a grade of Initiate.
>>
>>45357352
>You can run shadowrun with whatever tone you want as a GM, it varies from group to group and the fact that shadowrun can both be a zany pink mohawk adventure for some groups and a tacticool black trenchcoat espionage game for others is a good thing.
Yes, but the fact that someone's first reaction to "playing a stereotypical shadowrunner will get you killed" in a game with a cover like >>45355728 is telling. On top of that Shadowrun as a setting is too ridiculous to take seriously while Shadowrun as a system is too gritty not to. Or at least this thread certainly seems to treat it as if you need to hyperspecialize or you'll whiff every attack and get shot up and die.

As for the commodified relationship stuff, I honestly think it's the opposite. That shit all exists because Japanese culture makes a real relationship too difficult. I mean, I had a Brit telling me how stuff Americans do is friendly in America and rude in Britain, and she gave the example of how some old guy in Carolina came up to her in the store while she was looking at the 'crisps' and he gave her recommendations for chips and soda. That'd be weird in Britain, and rude. You don't talk to other people like that.

Japan is that turned up to 11. The Japanese culture is so strict that doing anything that's conducive to being a happy, functioning person is looked down on. And this even extends outside of the relationship stuff. I mean, here in the west we see Japan as being a technophile's wet dream, but in real Shadowrun Japan they'll probably still be using fax machines. Walkmen still exist in Japan.

>>45357401
>>45357431
Japan tells men they're useless unless they work themselves to death, and that makes it impossible for them to find any sort of relationship or romance, and women are picking up the slack due to their increased agency... and also working themselves to the point that they have to go to prostitutes who'll tell them they look nice today.
>>
>>45357482
His GM is running Street Level (the one that just reduces nuyen and nothing else) so I think he only has like 15k nuyen to spend on everything.
Everyone has mentioned this is stupid, but the GM is doing it anyway so don't bother mentioning that part.
>>
>>45357500
Correct. Although at this point I've got more money than I really need for my concept.

What's 1 Essence worth of 'Ware less than 7,675¥ that would be good for a flashy pink mohawk wannabe Horizon superstar?
>>
>>45357495
>apan tells men they're useless unless they work themselves to death, and that makes it impossible for them to find any sort of relationship or romance, and women are picking up the slack due to their increased agency... and also working themselves to the point that they have to go to prostitutes who'll tell them they look nice today.

My parents moved to the US before this got really bad like it is today in the very late 80's, but apparently it was still pretty bad. I was technically born over there but mostly have no attachment to the culture itself as a person.

It's....really weird going over TO Japan to see my relatives, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>45356419
>>45355761
What I want to know is why the native people of Japan didn't get super magical powers like the native americans, siberians, greenlanders, etc. did.
>>
>>45357495
>Or at least this thread certainly seems to treat it as if you need to hyperspecialize or you'll whiff every attack and get shot up and die.
I wouldn't say that, /srg/ can certainly make an optimal character when it wants to, but if you say "I'm going to be using cyberarms for the flavor" or "I'm putting points into Artisian(Cooking) because my guy wants to open a bakery" most people are happy to work around that and give advice.
It is a fact that prioritygen does reward specialization though (due to 1:1 skill/attribute advancement instead of the scaling karma cost after chargen)
The thing about TTRPGs is that the only thing that matters is what your group does, so you can have a party specialized as you want or unoptimal as you want so long as everyone knows what is going on (which they probably should), and I think the same applies with tone, Shadowruns world certainly is silly, I won't argue that, but you can certainly have silly aspects to a game serious in tone or have dark elements in a game that's silly in tone.
>>
File: Horizon Wannabe.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45357570
Also, sheet.

I'm honestly kind of happy with my character so far, though I'm sure I'm going to get my ass kicked or something.
>>
>>45357578
Because they aren't generally included in the list of "native" people that FASA had a boner for.
>>
>>45357578
The game was made in the late 80's.
I 100% guarantee you FASA didn't even KNOW that Japan had "natives" that weren't the same ethnicity as the Yamato people.
>>
>>45357615
If you want more cool flashy stuff for your adept powers, you could pick up wall-running.
Combat sense is just nice to have so you aren't caught with your pants down, not super flashy though.
I'm curious why you removed the points you had in performance, it made sense for your concept, maybe move one point from electronic warfare to performance?
You could grab some cybereyes so that you can record a first-person view (basic system 4k, you could slap in some cool vision upgrades as well) but I'm not sure you really need them, you could accomplish the same with imagelink contacts and have that extra PP for Cool Adept Stuff™
Really the issue here is that just over seven thousand nuyen won't really get you 1 essence worth of ware, so you'll be missing out on 1 PP of adept stuff for small amounts of ware.
>>
File: Piltover's finest..jpg (114KB, 850x495px) Image search: [Google]
Piltover's finest..jpg
114KB, 850x495px
>>45357570
Cosmetic ware. Look better, stop smelling etc. Chrome Flesh book.

>>45357615
Considering your pic, Boobs 2.0 won't be amiss.
>>
>>45357578
I doubt any of the FASA nerds did much research on the native Okinawan cultures, Ainu, or various other natives Japan fucked over.
>>
>>45357742 here
I didn't think of cosmetic cyberware, but some neat ideas for your character could be LED tattoos, fiberoptic hair, etc, which would probably suit your character.
>>
>>45357765
>Boobs 2.0
My favorite part of Chrome Flesh was realizing that somebody actually got paid for thinking up a benefit to having your size-morphing tits connected to facebook.
>>
>>45357804
The cateye bioware would probably fit too.
>>
>>45357866
You know what... I'm gonna download chrome flesh just to find out what bonus that is.
>>
>>45357866
That's Shadowrun for you.
>>
File: 1405666963218.jpg (100KB, 900x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1405666963218.jpg
100KB, 900x1137px
What are some ways I can increase the accuracy of a gun in 5e? I need it for a gimmick
>>
>>45357570
Utility or flavorful 'ware?
>>
>>45357927
Smartlinks are the main one. You also get +2 dice for wireless connectivity, so that's nice.
>>
>>45357888
Is there any reason to go A in skills instead of B? It seems like B already gives you enough points to do pretty much whatever you want to make the character to do; A just seems like they gave you enough skill points to literally just do fucking everything.
>>
>>45357927
Smartlink, longbarrel, personalized grip.
>>
>>45357950
Okay, are there any other ways? I'm trying To become the lone ranger and make my musket a viable weapon
>>
>>45357970
Only if you want to play a skill monkey decker. Logic is the attribute for a surprising amount of skills.
>>
>>45357765
>Look better, stop smelling
YOU'RE NOT MY MOM
Also, I was thinking a cybergenitalia, but that's only .25.
>Considering your pic, Boobs 2.0 won't be amiss.
You shut your cakehole.

>>45357742
I think I have contacts, and a guncam. I mostly figure I can spare 1 Essence for useful Cyberware (I'm going to figure my Adept powers out after that; I got rid of Attribute Boost 3 for AGI and STR as well as Mystic Armour).

>I'm curious why you removed the points you had in performance
Just an accident. Dicking around with shuffling points and forgot to put back some of my Active Skill dots.

>>45357866
In a game I was going to run that fell apart partly because I have no fucking idea how this game works, the Razorgirl had Titties 2.0. I also don't really mind things like that because it's honestly what you'd expect in the real world (although honestly cosmetic surgery will probably not ever end up like shadowrun's world or transhumanists would like; we're too ashamed about it, and everyone who gets it pretends they didn't).

>>45357900
You can change the cup size instantly, instead of taking a simple action.

>>45357927
Lasersight.

>>45357940
Both and or either.
>>
>>45357927
Smartlink gives a +2 accuracy bonus
Laser sight gives a +1, not stacking with smartlink
Tracer rounds give a +1 if you fire more than one, stacks with laser sight but not with smartlink
Personalized grip, +1 accuracy

Adept improved accuracy power
>>
>>45358011
Have you considered an implanted simrig to give your videos a genuinely personal touch?
>>
>>45358102
Seconding this, a simrig would probably be right up your runners alley, so their viewers can experience all the adrenaline/excitement/arousal that you do while fighting the man.
>>
File: 2649698.jpg (165KB, 850x1116px) Image search: [Google]
2649698.jpg
165KB, 850x1116px
>>45358102
>>45358247
Technically unavailable to me. I'm limited to Availability 10. But I'll pick one up when I can. Possibly when I become FAMOUS. Might be a good reason to keep a bit of a buffer between my Magic and a full point of Essence loss. If this game actually works out and goes on long enough, I plan on taking Burnout's Way as well.

Is there a good lower quality non-implant version of a simrig that I could wear?

>mfw Day Job + Fame becomes "donate to my Patreon"

What are 5 points worth of everyone's favourite Adept powers? Combat, utility, fun, underappreciated, whatever metric you measure "favourite" by.
>>
>>45358391
In 4e I really like traceless step and gliding combined. No idea if they're in 5e as well. I'd imagine they would be.
>>
>>45354684
>>I just wrote the sentence "descendants of Fourth World drake families" and now I can't stop imagining Shadowrun as done by Jack Kirby.

You know what would be amazing. Lofwyr's soapbox boasting would be the stuff of legend
>>
>>45358391
Sadly enough, no, both the implanted and worn versions of the simrig have an Availability of 12.

You might want to get a Dreamlink in the meantime. It allows to record your dreams. 0.1 essence, 1000 nuyen, avail of 8. You need to combine with a simrig to make the dreams understandable to others, but it would be a piece of gear someone obsessed with recording everything might get for themselves.
>>
>>45358391
There is, but it's availability 12 so you can't grab it.
You probably want a sim module in your commlink (since you need one of those to use an external simrig, and so you can experience your favorite simsense movies/porn)

Adept powers:
>Improved Reflexes 2: 2.5PP (GOTTAGOFAST)
>Missile Mastery: 1PP (anything you throw does (str)P damage with 3 accuracy, walk into police station with a 20 pack of pencils, leave with 20 murder charges)
>Wall Running: 0.5PP (Yo nigga you can run across walls n' shiet)
>Commanding Voice: 0.25PP (make an intimidate check with +level dicepool bonus, if you succeed the target follows your next simple command within reason ("EJECT YOUR MAGAZINE", "HAND OVER THE PURSE" etc)

Most of those (missile mastery, commanding voice, wallrun) are used by a certain type of adept (missile mastery for adepts focused in throwing weapons, commanding voice for faceadepts, wallrun still requires decent running for it to be worth it)
>>
>>45357495
There's no reason the world can't have both. I mean, look at our world. We have ridiculous criminals that leave you scratching your head at how they didn't get caught sooner, and operators operating operationally. And there's a use for shadowrunners of all colors inbetween.
>>
>>45357996
Adept powers. There's one that gives you +1 accuracy per rank.
you should post your build when you finish, I've been meaning to make something similar for an antagonist for my party
>>
>>45357996

The Lone Ranger used a Winchester style repeating rifle, not a musket.
>>
>>45357996
>Lone Ranger
>Musket

Anon, no.
>>
File: 1452297224950.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452297224950.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>45355368
>Body at even number
>3 ranged weapon skills, 0 melee
>let's dump reaction, lel
>security helmet without security armor
>where is your armor, son?
>no regular ammo
>IMMA SHOOTING MAH MONEY!
>nah I don't wanna detect that sneaking guy, who needs perception anyway
>not aluminium bone lacing
>Edge 1

Trogga I'm so triggered right now you wouldn't even believe.
>>
>>45359188
Sounds like you've been troggered.
>>
>>45358391
Combat sense. Getting hit makes you ugly so don't get hit.
>>
What are your thoughts on buying alchemical preparations from a talismonger? The rules for alchemy are so bad but I want them buffs
>>
>>45359643
Don't alchemical preparations only last for like, hours, unless you spend karma on them?
>>
>>45358466
"Skate" is in 5e. It lets you hover along surfaces like quicksand and water. I've taken that one. Don't really care for Traceless Step, though. But I do like the idea of hovering over the ground. Wall Run is another one I'm probably going to take for funsies.

Missile Mastery seems fun. I was kind of wondering how well thrown weapons are, and if they might be worth it as my ranged option (aside from the drones). Looks better on camera, too!

>>45358611
Yeah, but in our world the silliness and stuff that doesn't make sense is a rarity. In Shadowrun everyone is Colonel Buttnaked and the politics make even less sense.

>>45359596
People keep suggesting Combat Sense, so I might as well grab that.
>>
>>45359942
>Missile Mastery seems fun. I was kind of wondering how well thrown weapons are, and if they might be worth it as my ranged option (aside from the drones). Looks better on camera, too!
To be a throwing adept you kind of need to build around it, at least a bit.
You'll need high STR, throwing weapons skills (a spec in improvised throwing weapons to help), probably two ranks of improved accuracy to get the accuracy up to 5 from 3
But it can be fun.
Imagine for a moment a troll with a base Str of 10, with muscle augmentation 2 and 2 ranks in Improved Physical Attribute(str), Missile mastery, and 2 ranks in improve accuracy (Thrown Weapons)
That troll could pick up a pen in an office building, and throw it with a minimum damage of 14P acc 5, which is more damaging than most (forbidden) sniper rifles.
If you don't want the bad rep that being a troll gives you, you could be a human, do the same, and throw with 10P, which is about as much as an assault rifle round.
>>
>>45358651
http://pastebin.com/wpAN39Yn

ask and you shall receive, at least in a prototype form
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.