[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 24

File: 1379700963763.jpg (106KB, 542x912px) Image search: [Google]
1379700963763.jpg
106KB, 542x912px
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr (embed)
>Chummer 5: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Last Thread: >>45300164

Eurowar Edition
>>
>>45326087
What's General Forsythe doing in /srg/?
>>
What's the most ridiculous x-adept you've made /tg/? What are some unconventional builds and how did they work?
>>
>>45326087
What happened in the euro wars anyway? I think Russia finally went for that massive ground war they were planning for most of the Soviet Union's history?
>>
>>45326232
Boomerang Adepts are the fucking best.
The range they can get is ludicrous, they're silent, cheap, and you can make them out of all kinds of useful materials.

Like C4.
>>
>>45326191
He's awesome, I guess.
>>
>>45326331
Please tell me they were STRYA all the way.
>>
Reposting from last thread, and looking for feedback. I decided to have a go at fixing the pretty broken Addiction rules in SR5, and this is what I have at the moment. Any feedback would be appreciated.

>>45325819
That 4e? Because from Chrome Flesh I'm getting ((Agility)x4)x2. Then add skimmers to make it ((Agility)x4)x2)x2. Then attach it to an Nocturna elf with base agility 8 and a +3 enhancement bonus. Hello 11x4x2x2=176m run speed.
>>
There are no mentors who give a bonus on guardian spirits, right? So whom would you qualify to do so?
>>
>>45326459
Do Channelers really need to be more powerful?
Let's see, the Sun was associated with either Fire or Guardian spirits in 4th, so you could adapt him. The Bull was not, but IS associated with stubborness and is a combaty-mentor so that's something approaching a justification.
>>
Question about Ends of the Matrix:
When using a Program/CF on a System without a connected Person do you just omit the Mental attributes from the Opposed Tests?
e.g.: you would have a test [RES+Decompiling vs. WIL+Firewall]. When you have a brainless system does it become [RES+Decompiling vs. Firewall]?
>>
Isn't there a Debt quality somewhere? Or is that not in 5e?
>>
>>45326912
Run Faster. Almost everything is in 5e right now, and I can hardly say I miss what's not. (Cyborgs, Free Spirits, etc)
>>
>>45326331
Wait, there's actually boomerang rules? Where? I want to make Captain Boomerang
>>
>>45326397
>The user makes an Addiction test a number of weeks equal to 11 - Addiction Rating (minimum 1) after their first use of the drug to see if they are addicted.
Why minimum 1?
>>
>>45326944
Huh. Is it called "Debt"? I'm not seeing it in chummer
>>
>>45326974
In Debt. Make sure to check all the books in "Options", Run Faster included.
>>
>>45326974
Oh, found it. IN Debt. I was looking in the wrong letter.
>>
>>45326974
In Debt. Has ratings. Is fucking terrible.
>>
>>45327001
Is it? Someone suggested I take it and ask my ST to let me take favours instead of money. I haven't looked it over yet, obviously, since I didn't get the name right.
>>
File: Bain_WS.jpg (106KB, 945x901px) Image search: [Google]
Bain_WS.jpg
106KB, 945x901px
>>45326087

Incoming Message
Subject: Birth of Sky
This one is pretty simple, but simple doesn't mean easy. We sneak you on a transcontinental cargo flight. You bust out and mop up any resistance, Which should be pretty light. Flight crew only. Then you jettison the pallets and jump with them. Secure the loot for pick up and skedaddle. Uhh, you DID take advantage of those skydiving lessons I got you coupons for right?
>>
>>45326397
>Overdose rules, while mentioned as a thing in Chome Flesh, do not seem to exist.
Core book, 415.

>Average person does not die in 5 years from drinking beer once a week
Don't use burnout spiral rules for responsible drinking.
>>
File: GjxXGpP.jpg (939KB, 3004x1567px) Image search: [Google]
GjxXGpP.jpg
939KB, 3004x1567px
>>45327093
Oh, you're the street level guy. Okay, let's say you take it at the maximum level of 100k. That's 10k you have to pay back every month. What kind of favours do you think have a monetary value of 10k every single month? If you can't pay it back, magical legbreakers appear no matter how well you hide and rough you up, then tell every medic in the city not to heal you until you get paid up and even make magic stop healing you.

For that matter, given that your GM has outright refused to let you just take Street Scum which is Street Level but not entirely terrible says to me that you've got buckley's of actually getting away with taking it.

Anyway, yeah. Rules are there; I'd recommend against it, but we've all pretty much strenuously recommended against that campaign so far, so YMMV.
>>
File: fix pls.png (26KB, 482x393px) Image search: [Google]
fix pls.png
26KB, 482x393px
Both Cloaks and Designer Cloaks are not allowing rating values in Chummer.
>>
>>45326383
It was an Australian game.
Explodarangs. Shockarangs. Netarangs. Gasarangs. Eyerangs.
So. Much. Fun.

Later on, I built Hackarangs.
Boomerangs with a Hacker Nanite cluster inside. It would hit the target, penetrate the casing, then the Nanites would connect to the circuitry and it would either use the on-board Agent to hack the system, or connect wirelessly to another off-site Hacker to allow him to connect to the system.

>>45326951
In 4e they're in Arsenal, in 5e they're in Run & Gun.
In 4e, all you need is as many ranks in Power Throw as you can get.
>>
File: tumblr_n9x8dd6jLq1qj5jqso1_500.gif (2MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9x8dd6jLq1qj5jqso1_500.gif
2MB, 500x269px
>>45327309
Well, fuck.
>>
>>45326954
So that you don't take the test every 0 weeks, resulting in you taking the test infinitely and dying instantly from burnout.
>>
>>45327217
Did someone edit a picture of Vivian James to not have her trademark shirt, then fill the image up with clovers anyway?

As for the GM... look, I don't wanna get into it because it's just been causing drama in a group where *I'm* already the one everyone hates. The GM isn't a champ at the game part and is hesitant to do something 'new', but still wants to run it. She wants to do street level because half the players are new, and she feels they'd be overwhelmed by standard level problems. I can completely sympathize with that and understand her hesitance in changing all her rules just because /srg/ says she should, especially when half the group have made their characters, and especially when most of /srg/--which has a reputation as "if it's not optimal it sucks" theorycrafters more than players--say she's an idiot retard dumbass who doesn't know what she's doing.

Also reading In Debt it sounds like the kind of hilarious bad idea I'd usually go for, although it is really dumb mechanically. Especially since if you have the money but not the Karma to pay it off you magically can't pay it off.
>>
>>45327093
>>45327217
More specifically, In Debt has a rating from 1 to 15. For each point, you get 5k to spend at character creation, up to the maximum of 75k.

When the game starts, you owe people double the amount you borrowed, plus 10% interest compounded monthly. You must pay at least the interest every month. If you don't, you take physical damage that cannot be healed by any means until you pay off the debt. These are the magical legbreakers who stonewall you at every hospital and rewrite the fundamental laws of magic to fuck you over, to say nothing of how they find people whose job description literally entails lying low so people can't find them.

Then, in the event you pay off your debt, you have to immediately buy off the quality or replace it with new negative qualities equaling the point cost.

As a comparison, you could take Electronic Witness and Day Job, and all you need to do is wear a bodycam and sell everything on the internet. Depending on the level of day job you take, you get 1k, 3k, or 5k a month but you have to work more hours to fulfill it. As an Electronic Witness, this means you just sell more of your recorded information, which is moot because you're a creeper who records literally everything anyway.

If you're an asshole, you can take the Fame quality. Fame makes you easier to recognize, but it adds a multiplier to your day job income. The multiplier ranges from 2 to 10 times the income depending on level taken.

This means that if you can somehow convince your ST why you are globally famous as a street level electronic witness, you can make 50k a month. Even if you can't, local level fame is pretty hard to argue against, and doubles your monthly income.

Now instead of paying people 7,500 to not break your legs, people are paying you 10,000 a month to buy your creepy videos.
>>
>>45327486
>but not the Karma to pay it off you magically can't pay it off
In which case the GM has to replace it with other qualities.

The only way In Debt works is if you get no karma for it.
>>
>>45327530
I like this idea. This sounds like a fun character. I mean, it's basically what Horizon runners are anyway, right? I could basically be the equivalent of an up and coming Youtube celeb.
>>
>>45327530
Also note that the ST can fuck you over with this since you're going to be recording all of your runs, and the people you're running against can get these videos unless you also take something like that one 10 point positive quality that gives you membership to a secure datahaven, which you could sell your creepy videos over and have a much lower chance of selling them to the wrong people and making the rest of your team livid.
>>
>>45327642
>>45327530
Or my Dayjob could be editing out their faces with AROs. Also, what's Electronic Witness do? It's not in the Superbook or this qualities PDF, unless I'm also looking for the wrong name again.
>>
>>45327681
Electronic Witness and the Datahaven quality thing are both in Data Trails.

Specifically, Electronic Witness means you have to buy recording equipment at character creation, wear it all the time, and then leave it on. If you ever have to turn it off, you're at a -1 penalty to I think basically everything; off the top of my head I can't remember what class of things you're at a -1 to.

The other thing about Electronic Witness, though there is no mechanical representation for it, is that a lot of people in the shadows are not really going to appreciate you filming them even if you promise to edit faces and shit.
>>
File: 1453931787287.gif (2MB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1453931787287.gif
2MB, 1920x1152px
>>45327463
What about drugs like K-10? The entire idea behind them is that they're instantaneously addictive.
>>45327486
Not an edit, original art.
>>45327681
Electronic Witness is a negative quality in Data Trails.
>The character must acquire gear to record video and sound and wear it at all time (cybereyes and cyberears would be perfect, but sensors can otherwise be mounted in gear). This gear must always be on. The character will never turn off wireless functionality on their gear. If the character takes the Day Job quality, then they meet the conditions of the job simply by being, as they then sell the recordings to specialized data brokers and make their money this way. If they opt not to take Day Job, then the character can do what they wish with the recordings.
>In any situation where the character cannot record or turns off wifi on his gear, then they feel especially agitated, suffering a –1 dice pool penalty to all actions.
>>
>>45327741
Oh right, also you have to leave wireless capability on all of your devices on at all times, and you take the penalty if you ever turn it off. This means that you are pretty much always vulnerable to deckers fucking with you.
>>
>>45327746
>What about drugs like K-10?
No Runner who expects to live takes K-10
>>
>>45327681
>>45327741
>>45327746
>>45327770
To sum it up, electronic witness is like being an open source fanatic to the point where you believe people's very lives and experiences should also be open source.
>>
>>45327746
What's the "context" of Electronic Witness? Is it more of a "YOU ARE BEING RECORDED I KNOW MY RIGHTS" sort of thing where they're uncomfortable if they don't have recordings, and the Day Job is just a tack on?

Either way it sounds great for a digital entertainer. If nothing else it should allow me to take a Drone or two.
>>
>>45327746
>What about drugs like K-10? The entire idea behind them is that they're instantaneously addictive.
You have a good point there. I suppose since I didn't define it as an interval used for all tests, but as a time till first test and interval between subsequent tests, I could remove the "minimum 1" there. Would still have to be a minimum 0 there, otherwise a custom drug with rating 12 would cause you to take an addiction test a week before you took it.

Do you think it overall works mechanically?
>>
>>45327906
>The character is part of a movement of people who constantly record everything around them. Always. All the time. The idea is that something interesting may eventually happen. Maybe it’s not something you’d immediately notice as interesting, but if you archive it, maybe you’ll spot something useful later. And you believe that, if everyone did the same as you, the world would be a much better place. And hey, you can sell your recordings too, so that’s always good.
>>
>>45327906
You believe that it is your purpose to record and share everything that you do, and that everyone's lives would be better if everyone recorded everything they did and then shared everything with everyone else as well.
>>
>>45327961
>>45327903
>>45328000
Oh. When someone brought it up with Day Job, I assumed it was more of a Horizon Runner type thing.

As an aside, the whole privacy becoming irrelevant and possibly even unwanted is an interesting concept.

Here's some of Tom Scott's talks about privacy. When I first watched them I thought of shadowrun, especially the last one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVBshcN7wU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPhMqLPuvQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYH87V6EHrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kBlH-DQsEg
The last one is the most relevant, but I put them in order.
>>
>>45326276

I've actually been trying to rework them and the Middle East to make actual sense. It's hard.

Canonically, the Russians come in from the east, desperate for resources after losing Siberia. That invasion ends in a stalemate, then Arab jihadist armies invade from the south after Tehran burns.

So many problems. Why do Sunni Arabs get mad when a dragon destroys a Shiite Iranian city? Why would they attack into Spain from Morocco, but not Russia via the Caucasus? Why does Israel survive so clearly?

So I'm trying to reorganize things so that it's a Caliphate city that's destroyed, there's a front against Iran and the Shiite fragment of Iraq, with Pakistan pressing from the east and India ultimately getting involved (connecting it to their conflict over Kashmir). This relieves a bit of pressure on Israel. Meanwhile, while the Caliphate deals with that, the Turks go into the Balkans (and maybe Caucasia??) and Egypt...they do something. I like the idea that the military stays in power there, but goes along with the jihad anyways. Maybe they go into Italy?
>>
>>45326276
Yeah, pretty much.
Poland is now split between angry fascists fighting the Commies and Commies fighting the angry fascists, politically.
>>
>>45328241
>but not Russia via the Caucasus?

Because one of those nations is Spain and the other one did all sorts of horrible things in the Euro Wars and has more guns.
>>
Is there a thing that lets you rig or do VR without having something drilled into your skull?
>>
>>45329374
'trode net. Wear it on your head.
>>
Say I take Day Job and Fame and I sell recordings of my runs like some Horizon Wannabe. How do I keep from having things go tits up? Presumably I spend some time editing the videos to digitally alter people's faces and names and I should be good, right?
>>
>>45329374
Rigs need to be implanted, but trodes work for VR, and you don't need either for an RCC
>>
>>45329590
Explain that in simple terms. Can I control drones without hampering my Essence? That's what I want to know.
>>
>>45329664
You can give orders to drones without a control rig but you cannot jump into one without the headware.
>>
>>45329704
Yup. You can either rely on your rig and 'softs, or bite the essence bullet and get the 'ware to jump in and use your own attributes and skills.
>>
>>45329528
>How do I stop things from going tits up
That's probably the most tits-up a runner can go, short of WANTED and a Criminal SIN. Don't do that to your team.
>>
>>45329704
>>45329727
Can you see what they see? I don't really want to pilot them.
Although aren't the autosoft pilots shiiiit?

I just want to have some flying guns.
>>
>>45329528
>>45329778
Provided you're not in LA, that is.

Los Angeles: Not even once.
>>
>>45329834
LA runners are the fucking shit, man. "Check out my mixtape, drekker."
>>
>>45329779
I'm sure that you can see either ARO windows or just a full vision overlay from your drones's vid feeds in regular AR with either contact lenses or glasses or goggles.
>>
>>45329834
>mfw I'm running an LA game.
I've also got people with Distinctive Style (covered in ads) running around, and thousands of drones flying all over. Thankfully my group is pretty pink mohawk and doesn't give a fuck. Not like all of the footage isn't buried under millions of blackberry cat videos anyway.
>>
>>45329910
Just make sure they get a good corp sponsor so things can REALLY get turned up to 11.
>>
>>45329882
The main problem is once you make it in LA, you can't make it anywhere else because everyone looking for you is going to be able to easily find your public site, 7 mixtapes, and at least 3 vids of each of your runs down there. You'll do fine as long as you stay in that basket of weirdness. You go to any other sprawl and you're going to get fingered for everything.
>>
>>45329935
They're actually getting involved in the Horizon/Azzie cold war, as both are trying to get a rep elected to the PCC (Azzie to they can move back in, especially into Denver, and Horizon to stop that), so there's gonna be lots of opportunities to play with the media and smear candidates. The candidates are based on The Smiler and The Beast

And of course double pay if Horizon gets exclusive rights to the footage.
>>
>>45329834
>Los Angeles: Not even once.

My mirrorshades group is going to be going there since we're playing Ghost Cartels. The barely controlled pink mohawk ones who have been simmering internally for expression will love it. The smart one will realize they're going to leave eventually and this is fucked up for their future non-LA prospects.

Good thing that doesn't matter so much given how their stay there ends.
>>
>>45330029
Just don't forget about the run against the secret Azzie jungle research facility to rescue the last spotted panther from inhumane shampoo testing! (and the whole thing is livestreamed over the Horizon network, even though it's all staged)
>>
>>45330090
And getting guerilla footage from inside their labs where they create GMOs and growth hormones.

They're gonna be getting all kinds of product placement deals (rigged to keep track of the runners and make sure they don't bite the hand that feeds them)
>>
does anyone have the rigger4 pdf didnt look it was in the mega
>>
>>45330169
MMmmmm, tasty RFID chips.

Chips in the gear.
Chips in the bullets.
Chips in their complimentary coffee.
Chips in the ventilation system.
RFID chips EVERYWHERE. And maybe a free satellite uplink in the group's deck just to be on the safe side.
>>
/srg/ I never learned how hackers and decking work and now I'm running a game with a single technomancer in it, what do

Can I just tell him we're using the simplified decking rules and let him make random rolls I don't understand, and roll back at him, and bullshit up jargon about what in the area has its wireless turned on, or do I have to sit down and learn it?
>>
>>45330294
Don't fuck over your player by making up rolls. Both of you need to learn it. Then see that playing a techno is a terrible idea without lots of houserules, so you can figure it out, or the better option, just have them play a decker, it'll be easier on both of you.
>>
>>45329528
Most of the runners i can think of will flat out deny working with you.
>>
>>45330739
Good reason not to tell them, then.
>>
>>45329528
Faces, names, voices, any recognizable tattoos, unusual skin and hair, flashy augmentations, signature weaponry and customizations, and even then depending on what is left at the scene investigators may be able to still track people down if they can corroborate evidence at the scene with anything they can find in your videos.

You'll need to do a shitload of editing.
>>
>>45327530
I always assumed they broke your legs again if you heal them.
>>
>>45327746
Okay. Not them, but it's good to know I'm not a crazy person who gets paranoid and assumes it's a gamergate thing every time they see a redhead.
>>
>>45328241
DESU, if a dragon set Iran on fire, the sauds would give them a medal.
>>
>>45329834
I'd love to play an LA runner who turns out to be literally nothing like their persona. Like, they're actually a different gender, race, etc, but they figured being your waifu had more appeal than being a middle aged korean man.
>>
>>45331019
>Not telling your chummers about this shit

This will end with the Electronic witness getting a bullet between the eyes pretty soon.
>>
>>45329834
What is the deal with LA, for those who are newish to shadowrun and do not understand the implication. Asking because I live in LA and I want to see the vision of the future that the shadowrunner writers foresaw for me.
>>
>>45327530
>When the game starts, you owe people double the amount you borrowed
150%.

>magical legbreakers appear no matter how well you hide and rough you up, then tell every medic in the city not to heal you until you get paid up and even make magic stop healing you.
You say that like requiring a sample of your blood for a loan wouldn't be a thing. Literally, magic would be used to locate you for the legbreakers.
>>
>>45327486
>if you have the money but not the Karma to pay it off you magically can't pay it off
You can pay it off. Your GM will give you negative qualities of equal karma.
>>
>>45327903
Electronic Witness, by itself, means you're always wireless on, and you keep recordings of everything. This can be as simple as buying a simrig.

When combined with Dayjob, EW involves selling your recordings to a specialised data broker. ie; someone who makes a living in extracting information from the piles of data you give them. Not someone who slaughters the cash cow by giving them away.

Either way, it's not youtube or freely available info.
>>
Where can I read up on the megacorporation Horizon?
>>
>>45331493
corporate guide.
>>
>>45331493

Twilight Horizon specifically deals with them, and the Corporate Guide has a bunch more.

I also vaguely remember there existing a book that included an overarching plot that effectively ended with Horizon turning full megacorp after some incredibly harrowing events. Can't recall the name though.
>>
>>45331674
I think that actually IS Twilight Horizon.
>>
>>45331280
Reality TV about shadowrunners.
>>45331293
Why locate you at all? Just break your legs with a ritual spell.
>>
>>45331797
I am now imagining yakuza debt collectors ritually casting Punch on your dick every morning until you pay up.
>>
>>45331941
The Yakuza is relatively anti-magic, a lot of the major triads are Old School vs. the smaller New Way syndicates who allow women, metas, and mages in.
>>
>>45331050
See, the GM is telling me "you can do all that in two minutes". Either way I'm planning on considering editing the runs my "Day Job".

>>45331242
What they don't know can't hurt them.

>>45331280
LA is all about Horizon, the media group. They have runners wear video feeds or get followed by drones, and they sell the videos. You can become pretty famous doing that.

>>45331469
From the write up it just says you can sell the info, not specifically who you're selling it to. Either way I didn't take Electronic Witness. I'm just trying for a wannabe Horizon runner.
>>
>>45326191

God I miss advance wars. And Battalion wars for that matter.
>>
how much does the corporate guide apply from 4th if we're using 5th rules?
>>
>>45332494
As the anon that asked about Horizon a few posts up, I'd also like to know this
>>
Have you even been in a game where one of the players had a transgender character? Was it anything interesting, or was it too mouthpiece-y for you?
I was thinking just now of someone who had gotten some kind of surgery to start or finish the transition, but ran out of money or owed cash to the Yakuza and started Shadowrunning to get the money.
Then I thought that might be too strange and that I should probably get an opinion on the subject.
>>
>>45332295
>From the write up it just says you can sell the info, not specifically who you're selling it to
No, it doesn't say specifically name anyone you're selling to. (unlike Run & Gun, with buying armour)

>they then sell the recordings to specialized data brokers
It does specify what line of work whomever you're selling to works in.
>>
>>45332494
It's still quite accurate. Even the older info of Corporate Download is still useful.
>>
>>45332494
It should still mostly apply.
>>45332616
It's more interesting than most reasons for shadowrunning, but that's not really saying much.
Anyway, seems like a neat backstory, and certainly better than some of the shit I've cooked up.
>>
>>45332616
Most of my characters are transgender, because I'm transgender. This is the Sixth World, Omae, get with the times.

Although as of 5e the "start to finish" is laying in a vat for like a month. Which puts someone like me in the weird position of being uncomfortable playing a fully masculine character but also not feeling comfortable being someone with female genitalia (yes, sometimes my characters hook up).

̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶E̶l̶v̶e̶s̶.̶

In my experience people who complain that something is too "mouthpiecey" are the kind of people who think they shouldn't have to change their ways if they bother other people.

Speaking of elves, does anyone have information on the other metatypes? Specifically pictures. I don't want to be a boring human, but fucking everyone else is playing an elf. All the metavariants are fucking hideous monsters though. And even playing a female Dwarf the GM hates because of some unreasonable hate for dwarves.
>>
>>45332616
a sex change is only 10k, hardly the kind of expense that would force someone into shadowrunning
>>
>>45332811
>Speaking of elves, does anyone have information on the other metatypes? Specifically pictures. I don't want to be a boring human, but fucking everyone else is playing an elf. All the metavariants are fucking hideous monsters though. And even playing a female Dwarf the GM hates because of some unreasonable hate for dwarves.
Breaking this out from the larger comment
>>
>>45332906
Check Run Faster (5E) and Runner's Companion (4E). What you want is in there.
>>
>>45332906
>All the metavariants are fucking hideous monsters though
Pretty sure you're thinking of HMHVV infected people, not metavariants.
>>
>>45332999
>Oni
>Ogre
>Hobgoblin
>Like three types of hairy dwarf
>Hairy elves
No, I mean metavariants.
>>
>>45332811
>Most of my characters are transgender, because I'm transgender. This is the Sixth World, Omae, get with the times.
Sixth World, not quite Eclipse Phase.
>>
File: 1373858135356.png (998KB, 600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1373858135356.png
998KB, 600x1300px
If I may ask any of you that are feeling particularly generous tonight, I am trying to figure out a way to create mooks.

Should I just simply create a new character? Do you guys use a system? Do you just use the standards? Do any of you have a formula? A method to your madness? I just want different mooks from the ones in the book.
>>
>>45332971
I'm not seeing Runner's Companion in the pastebin. And Run Faster doesn't have what I want, which is PICTURES.
>>
>>45333161
I sometimes look through older books to find old Grunt statlines from 4e I can shift to 5e. It takes some work of course, but a bit less then coming up with one from scratch.
>>
>>45333030
So take the "Human-looking" quality and have a meta human that looks more common.
Also, while dwarves are certainly short they aren't hideous or anything; that one dwarf shaman's picture in Shattered State has her look pretty good actually, it's just she's downsided physically.
>>
>>45333277
I meant the Hanuman, Menehune, and Koborokuro. They're hairy and extra short.

Got a picture of this dwarf chick?
>>
>>45333214
Runner's Companion is in the 4e stuff, omae.
>>
>>45333372
No, but there is a link to Shattered States at the top of this very thread in the pastebin, wherein you can download the book and look at it's character trove and see for yourself.
>>
>>45333440
I forgot that "I don't want to download a PDF and have it taking up space on my harddrive for another week or two just to look at one picture" is a foreign concept on /tg/.

Plus it's Splintered State
>>
>>45333492
we help those that help themselves
>>
Huh, the 4e stuff has all the Shadowrun Missions. Does 5e not have those, or are they just not in there?

>>45333534
I'm not asking you to build my character, I'm asking for a screenshot of a book that is presumably already on your harddrive.
>>
>>45333551
Download it, look at it, delete it.

You could have done this already, with roughly the same effort as procrastinating.
>>
>>45333551
They were created for 4e. I think 5e has its own missions stuff, but it's different things.
>>
>>45333161
I just made up stat lines with a target dice pool for said mook. adjust number of mooks as necessary.
>>
>>45326232
A troll face with a social limit 11.
>>
>>45326232
wasnt there a build for a troll called the koolaid man? i remember hearing about this a while back.
>>
>>45333593
>>>/a/
>>
File: NI2RbPe.png (386KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
NI2RbPe.png
386KB, 1440x900px
>>45327903
>>
File: Chump Cards.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Chump Cards.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45333605
Chanu does not into PDF uploads.
>>
>>45329528
Don't come crying when your fellow runners get rid of you.
>>
>>45333651
>>>/out/
>>
>>45333711
Not everyone plays with autismals who can't reason their way into not killing or selling (or both) their team.
>>
>>45333778
But this person endangers our team! Also, I'm going to conveniently ignore that they're literally the only team member who actually has a reason for running!
>>
>>45333778
Why should they when it's the most effective and setting-appropriate way to get rid of a problem?
>>
>>45333904
You say that, but most stuff I've seen is just "Ditch them after a run" not "Shoot them dead"

You might need them again
>>
>>45333904
Well the most setting appropriate thing for a magic 7 mage to do would be sell out to a megacorp and have a cushy life, but for some reason they end up running.
You shouldn't kill teammates for the same reason your mage shouldn't retire to a life of luxury: because that'd make the game kinda shit.
>>
How bad is it as an Adept to go down in Essence? I know there's the Burnout Way, but I don't know much more than that.
>>
>>45333904
You're not sucking me off hard enough to get to act like Kane in hypothetical situations. At least, not without BS being called.
>>
>>45333904
Because this is a game you and your friends are playing for fun. If you decide to shit all over the fun, then it kinda defeats the point.
>>
>>45333983
It's not as bad as it is for a mage or technomancer - adepts powers aren't as reliant on high magic rank.

Better to do it during chargen, where you can start low magic and ignore the loss, though.
>>
File: tumblr_na5lmgqz8u1sgbz5jo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na5lmgqz8u1sgbz5jo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x373px
>>45333161
My mook design process:
8-10 at like two things they're good at
4-6 dice at everything else

Modifers handle everything else.
>>45333983
In most cases, assuming you're not picking stupid shit like a cybertorso, docking a point of MAG to get 1 Essence worth of Cyberware or Bioware is more of a force multiplier than the point of adept powers you lost.
>>
>>45333983
Each point of essence you go down removes a PP you can use.
That's a level of "Improve attribute" for example, but losing 1 or 2 Magic is acceptable if you've got magic to compensate/spend the points well
>>
>>45334032
>>45334037
I'm basically trying to decide whether I want to try being an Adept with some Drones, and whether I'm willing to take 1.25 Essence loss for a used Control Rig or if I'd be fine using a trode. Although I'm not sure I like any of the Attribute layouts I'd have to go with to make that work.

Although it turns out our Technomancer is going to be rigging, so my concept is basically useless there.
>>
>>45333983
It really depends. In general, look at how many PP something would take, and look at how much essence the ware equivalent would take up. If the ware eqiv is cheaper, go with that instead.
>>
So my players are part of a cross-country shadowrunning version of The Amazing Race, and next they're heading to the big apple, land of skyscrapers and even taller skyscrapers, you guys got any ideas for runs involving NYC/skyscrapers?
>>
>>45334002
Salty much?
>>
>>45334080
I basically want to be an Adept with a few drones for spying and suppressive fire. Not a full on "I am the death from above" Rigger, but a few flying handgun cameras to record my awesomeness and shoot people.

I'm the Horizon wannabe. Also the person in the street level game. I am doing the Day Job thing and selling my videos, and also taking Born Rich and spending a bunch of Karma on ¥¥¥
>>
>>45334070
>Technomancer
>Rigging

Not until they submerge (or get a control rig implanted, with the same consequences on their RES.)

The control rig is a luxury, unlike a decker that actually has advantages going VR, the rigger can make do with a RCC and programs. Fork out nuyen for a max rating pilot, get the autosofts for the skills you need and your drone rolls 12 dice at the problem. Which is enough in most cases.
>>
>>45334101
Forgot to mention the idea I had:
>Extraction of an unwilling extractee on the 75th floor of a 100 floor neonet skyscrapper
>But the skyscraper is stormed by Russian mercs totally-not-sponsored-by-horizon and it becomes Die Hard: runner edition (option where KE contacts party and offers payment if they can free some hostages before the SWAT raid)
>>
>>45334101
>le edgey 9/11 joke
But seriously, just rip off die hard.
>>45334166
Ha! Born rich, I didn't think of that one.
Anyway, I'd not bother with ware in that case. Just get an RCC or whatever those things are called, then rivet some automatic weapons to some rotodrones. You probably won't need to jump in.
>>
>>45334166
Well, rotodrones are "cheap" and you can strap pretty much anything to them.
If you just want drones for suppressive fire, you can just buy the drone and give it orders as a simple action via commlink/AR/whatever. If you want your drone to be better at doing that stuff, have it run targetting/pilot programs.
If you want multiple drones running the same software and want to command them all with a simple action use a Rigger Control Console (a thing that is basically a commlink but the size of a briefcase and specialized into drone control)
If you want to use your skills/attributes and are okay with having your meatspace body go limp while you control the drone, get a control rig.
>>
>>45334173
>Fork out nuyen for a max rating pilot, get the autosofts for the skills you need and your drone rolls 12 dice at the problem. Which is enough in most cases.

This. Insult to injury, 12 dice is often more than the Rigger has even with the +2 modifier from going hot-sim.

>>45334166
Buy two roto-drones, slap TMP's on them (or bigger guns if you want, but a MP/SMG mount is still 'R' rated instead of 'F'; which will hamper you less going places.)

Add to that a 18.000 nuyen RCC (or better, but you'll probably be strapped for cash already) and Clearsight, Stealth, and Targeting rank 6 autosofts, and you can let your spies hang around, record everything and if necessary drop some suppressing fire.
>>
>>45334233
I probably will.
Maybe have the party be invited to a cocktail party or have their job be to shadow a guy at a cocktail party in such a way that limits them on how heavy gear they bring in for that real "beat up the turrists and scavenge their ammo" feeling
>>
>>45334173
>>45334233
Does using an RCC let me not have to worry about micromanaging? I mean, the idea is that I get to look cool and have my drones cover me while I do flashy up close moves and protect the squishy wizards. It'd be really underwhelming to have to stop between hits and use my smartphone.

>>45334248
Ah, then I don't need a control rig. Is there any way I can basically... What I'm asking is how do I do it with the least amount of micromanaging. Like I said, I want my drones to shoot and I want to be able to have them work on their own without me pulling out a laptop. Can I at least wirelessly control that with a trode?

>>45334290
More or less what I was planning, although I'm not super worried about needing to take max rank autosofts. I did get the ST to agree to go with autosofts by type as opposed to model. So Crawlers would all use the same soft and Hoverdrones would all use the same soft.
>>
>>45334350
>Does using an RCC let me not have to worry about micromanaging?
Kinda. It means you can give orders to all of them at once, so you can just say "spray suppressing fire here" or "kill everyone who isn't me and my buddies" as an action and then do your own thing. If you use a comlink instead, then you have to order each individual one. This is ok if you only have one drone, but any more than that and it goes to shit real quickly.
Also, if you don't want to micromanage, you deffo don't want the rigger ware, which is for micromanaging a single specific drone.
>>
>>45334350
>Does using an RCC let me not have to worry about micromanaging?

No. You can upload instructions in advance into your drones and let them 'live' their merry lives. The problem is that a Pilot program isn't flawless:

>When faced with something novel or unexpected, or a complicated command, a Pilot program must make a Device Rating x 2 Test against a threshold set by the gamemaster based on how confusing the situation is. If it fails this test, it blithely continues doing what it was doing before, or simply stops entirely and asks for instructions.

There will be situations where you'll have to waste a bit of time managing them.

>Can I at least wirelessly control that with a trode?
Yes. Connect the trodes to the RCC and you can think commands at it, just like any other device.

>I'm not super worried about needing to take max rank autosofts.
Get them at max rank. It'll boost your drones' dicepools, and even if worst comes to worst and the drone gets shot, the program is safe on your RCC.
>>
>>45334350
Good on your GM, needing a different gunsoft for an Uzi and an Ingram smartgun is retarded.
You could easily fluff sending commands as interacting with your RCC (or specific drone) as doing cool hand gestures with AR gloves, a trodenet, or even having your imagelink glasses track predetermined ocular movements, it's the future baby!
The hands off level off command depends on GM but I'd allow something like this
>Move to flank and eliminate targets, target priority A, B, C engage any other hostiles at D priority
>Suppress targets firing at X or Y, Y has priority
Since it takes a simple action to send the command, you have time to dedine some stuff like priorities, conditions and "what to do after" in my opinion.
>>
>>45334350
>not super worried about needing to take max rank autosofts. I did get the ST to agree to go with autosofts by type as opposed to model. So Crawlers would all use the same soft and Hoverdrones would all use the same soft.
In that case, deffo get max rank. Although really your only drones should be rotodrones, because those are the only good drones.
>>
>>45334477
>not training your ares deulist drones in the art of bushido and equiping them with katanas (and making a few ninjas)
Do you even cybershogun?
>>
has anyone dealt with GM's having self insert characters of themselves in their stories? im thinking have trying to urge my players to go to a fixer that is going to be me integrated into the world but im not sure how they would react and deal with it. would like to know opinions/stories.
>>
>>45334513
First of all: why do you want a self-insert as an NPC in your game? What is your goal?
>>
>>45334491
If only that was possible...
>>
>>45334530
With a lot of nuyen, and a good evil cackle/monologue I don't see why you couldn't be an evil neosamurai overlord.
>>
>>45334491
No, I don't, cuz they have no armor and their swords do questionable damage cuz they have no STR rating?
>>45334513
It's usually considered to be a bad thing. In general, self inserts are only OK if your self esteem is at a Tomoko level. If I had a fixer as sad and pathetic as the guy from Whomp or something, I'd laugh, because seeing someone who sucks is funny.
>>
>>45334545
Duelists suck so hard. Their swords are useless? cuz they have no strength score, but that's ok cuz their armor is shit enough they'll die before they get into melee, meaning it doesn't matter you don't know what they'd do if they ever got there.
>>
>>45334527
there really isnt a goal to it. i have such a high fascination for this setting that i would love to have a self insert, plus my players have fun verbally bashing me for the many personality flaws and mistakes i make. comic relief maybe? honestly im uncertain to why exactly but the thing that pushed me to that idea was mainly just a fascination. terrible reasons i guess but i dont think theres a problem provided i dont ruin anything with it.

>>45334555
while not as sad and pathetic as ronnie i am pretty sad, pathetic, and stupid.
>>
>>45334555
I'm pretty sure since Duelists are anthromorphic you can just put armour on them.
>>
>>45334571
If you're going to be a comic humor loser, I'd be OK with it.
>>
>>45334583
if i wont be a successful fixer, ill be successful at getting my head caved in from my players.
>>
Is there a way to change the settings in chummer? Specifically the max Karma I can get back from a Negative Quality. Or at least a generic blank negative quality that I'm not seeing?

I want to take over my limit of negative qualities while not taking it for free.

Basically I have 13 points available and I want to take something that's 15. I want it to let me take that -15 quality while only giving me -13 points in Chummer's tally.
>>
>>45334621
Options, Houserules, Allow karma over max from negative qualities
>>
>>45334621
Oh wait, no it seems you want "Allow negative qualities over max but give no extra karma", its in the same section
>>
Help me flesh this out. Rigger/Infiltrator "surveillance specialist" with an emphasis on spy drones. Whatever leftover essence/nuyen gets spent on tricked out cyber eyes.
>>
>>45334651
Hrm. Perhaps a james bondish character with a focus on drones as gadgets?
Or better yet, a nerd who wishes he was james bond.
>>
>>45334651
What chargen method are you looking at?

Generally speaking, you'll need a high AGI, Stealth and a control rig to jump into one of your little spies.
>>
im not very far into getting to understand shadowrun, however my main interest in lore. are there any specific events that i should know about when running this for the first time that is prior to december 24, 2011?
>>
>>45334723
Nope. 2012 is when shadowrun starts to deviate from our universe.
>>
>>45334746
right. i told my players specifically that anything from the past before that date is an actual thing unless stated otherwise. i just wanted to verify the last part with someone. thanks anon.
>>
>>45326951
Go to bed INH
>>
>>45334723
>>45334746
Didn't the megacorps become a thing before that?
IIRC, shadowrun diverges when the authors wrote shadowrun, cuz they obviously couldn't predict the future. As a result, we don't have obama, but we do have the Shiawase decision in 2001.
>>
>>45334839
oh shit yeah, the corp guide does say shiawase was a thing in 2001. thanks for pointing that out man.
>>
Would a nartaki with 2 pairs of shiva arms (8 arms in total) be also a vampire? Also how would you take the most advantage of 8 arms in combat (or other application if you think of a fun way to use those)?

Also would like to know exactly why the pronomancer and 8 edge builds are consideren broken (specifically in 5e)?

Cannot see how they are better overall than anything this game offers you.
>>
Okay, I need some help with this Rigger stuff.

I can only use X programs, where X is the Sharing rating, and the Sharing rating can't be more than the Device Rating? So basically if I'm using a RadioShack (hue) RCC... What, I can only use two Autosofts? My drones can only move or shoot?

Am I misreading this?
>>
>>45334862
If you want to make it like our world, just assume Obama got TTIP and TPPA pushed through during his first term I guess. That'll basically grant corps immunity to any and all laws that infringe on their profits, which is about as awful as granting them extrateritoriality.
>>45334867
>Would a nartaki with 2 pairs of shiva arms (8 arms in total) be also a vampire?
No reason he couldn't be one.
>Also how would you take the most advantage of 8 arms in combat
They're fucking useless. Dual wielding sucks, quad and octo wielding is worse.
>>45334903
>What, I can only use two Autosofts? My drones can only move or shoot?
Basically. You can also buy an autosoft for each drone, but that gets expensive quick. Either you buy an expensive RCC, or you buy a bunch of expensive autosofts.
>>
>>45334903
Also, thanks to a stealth nerf in Rigger 5.0, your RCC can't run Autosofts with a higher device rating than it.
>>
>>45334945
So there are not enough mods that apply after splitting dice pool for it to be effective? Damn.

Regarding pornomancer, how to make one that isnt insta gibbed in combat? Also any way to make a lucky/pornomancer build? Would like to play a smooth operator character that non chalantly manipualtes people and avoids danger in slightly whimsical ways.
>>
>>45335016
Well that's a bit shit, but I'm not going to mention that to anyone.
>>
>>45335016
Wait, what? Fuck, no-one told me about that.
>>45335017
Nerfing pornomancers is the main reason limits were added. thbbbbb
>>
>>45334839
We don't have Obama, but we do have Trudeau.
>>
>>45335040
Which can be increased with enough pp if you are an adept.

Also how does magic, pp for adepts and drain essence of vampires work exactly? When I have 3 times my essence, do I also get the option to raise my magic? Can I raise it and get more adept powers?
>>
>>45335102
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Read Run Faster pg. 141.
>>
>>45334120
It will be.
>>
>>45327121
Bain a shit. SHIT!
>>
>>45334570
Drone Str = Drone Bod, last I checked.
>>
i dont get this setting.

at the same time you can have a cyber-punk guy blasting away with an assault rifle and using all sorts of futuristic gadgets, and then have a elf in robes throw a fireball at him
>>
>>45335299
nah, looks like you got it.
>>
>>45335299
This is true.
>>
>>45335169
Read it but how exactly do I use that extra magic gained thanks to essence drain? I just buy more adept powers or spells or whatever?

Also hoiw viable would it be a vampire dryad pornomancer with primer shadowrunner rules?
>>
>>45335299
You can also have a mix of two. An operator mage with a rifle wearing futuristic full body armor.
>>
>>45335327
No, the boost is only temporary, and doesn't come with extra PP (or spells)

The good news is a vampire can boost any of his attributes spending their essence, and not only magic.

As for the prime banshee dryad pornomancer, no idea how viable it would be.
>>
>>45335086
To be fair, for Canada it's the conservatives' fault, cuz they were the goverment that signed onto the deal.
As for America, our left never fails to disappoint.
>>
How large is a rotodrone? How loud is a rotodrone?
>>
>>45335293
Well that works then.
>>45335299
Yeah, basically. I like to think the guys who came up with this setting did so while drunk.
>>
>>45335299
Shadowrun is basically a kitchen sink setting, rule of cool 100% for people who just want as many options and variety as possible.
>>
>>45335401
I think it's about as loud and large as a modern rotodrone unless otherwise noted.
>>
>>45334945
How could you make octo wielding viable?

I was thinking in lots of initiative (maybe an adept and a vampire to get with 3.5pp the 5d6 initiative) and recoil compensators, Maybe shotguns? Something has to hit, right?
>>
>>45335401
I assume they're basically modern quadcopters. Just, you know, with assault rifles attached.
>>45335460
First, you'd have to make dual wielding viable.
The issue is you split your dice pool between your various arms. So if I fire two pistols with 16 dice, I'm rolling 8 dice for each.
Eight arms? You'd be looking at 2 dice for each.
>>
>>45335383
>No, the boost is only temporary, and doesn't come with extra PP (or spells)
Nope.
> If you’re an adept, you get a free Power Point whenever you increase your Magic attribute (though this doesn’t apply to mystic adepts)
>>
>>45335538
Let us assume he uses a low acc weapon (krime) and dumps everything on the relevant attribute and skill. He could try to have high edge in order to reroll somewhat consistently.
>>
>>45335553
Infected become automatically mystic adepts if they are adepts.
>>
>>45335460
You forget about it.

Especially since you can only have two extra pairs of arms through Shiva Arms, but even with only six arms, you forget about it.
>>
>>45333645
I want this. Just a fuck huge troll build specifically to burst through walls
>>
>>45335451
>>45335538
Modern quadcopters are anywhere from like palm sized to truck sized. It lists them as "Medium", though. I'm basically wondering if they can deal with being in a building.
>>
>>45335623
i remember asking something along the lines of punching through metal, shit you would use on a tank. someone answered yes and gave an example of soemthing really extreme dubbed the koolaid man build. i wish to hear the tale again.
>>
>>45334101
Check out the Stolen Souls book. It has a big section on Manhatten
>>
>>45335634
In large open spaces probably, though not through your average air vents.
>>
>>45335553
Go with the size of a big dog while in action, you shouldn't be far off. They should be able to navigate buildings without too much problems.
>>
>>45335577
Not all of them.
>>
>>45334723
Shit starts to change as early as the 80's
>>
>>45335699
mind elaborating? that alone doesnt explain much. are there books i can look into for this or what?
>>
>>45335710
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
>>
>>45335727
everytime i get linked to a wiki page like that i feel like a fucking moron. thanks anon.
>>
File: character_by_huntang-d7k8o6v.jpg (165KB, 800x1228px) Image search: [Google]
character_by_huntang-d7k8o6v.jpg
165KB, 800x1228px
>>45335577
Where are you getting that from?
>>45335710
Sixth World Almanac.
>>45335639
That'll be Bear Who Walks Through Walls. Hang on, I've got the build somewhere.
>>
>>45335738
>sixth world almanac

excellent, thank you

>the bear who walks through walls.

i want to take this setting 100% seriously all the time, but with shit like this i just fucking cant.
>>
>>45335634
Probably. I think people are medium, and we can handle buildings well enough.
>>
>>45335749
>i want to take this setting 100% seriously all the time, but with shit like this i just fucking cant.
You shouldn't. Shadowrun should not be taken seriously. It's fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1389826500105.jpg (27KB, 234x272px) Image search: [Google]
1389826500105.jpg
27KB, 234x272px
>>45335767
i enjoy the whole aspect of it being dystopian. i guess people could call me, edgy?
>>
>>45335770
Yes. You want a dystopia, try to find some serious cyberpunk like....
I dunno, gurps?
There need to be more cyberpunk games.
But yeah, Shadowrun is dumb.
>>
>>45335777
i can appreciate dumb in it though. a dystopia in terms of the general theme but in specific situations i can enjoy dumb moments. a balance isnt bad.
>>
Where can I find info on foci? Chummer says a weapon Focus is 7,000ï¿¥, but I'm not seeing any cost in the book other than the Karma (and I'm not sure if a Weapon Focus is a regular weapon on top of being a focus or not)
>>
Trying to get my faggot friends into shadowrun. Any recommendations on which of the pre-mades I should give them a go at? They all have experience with tabletops, dnd, pathfinder, etc.. Just not shadowrun.
>>
>>45335786
There is no balance.
>>45335803
Page 320. It gives you its force as a bonus to rolls, lets you stab astral critters, and lets you cut through spirits like butter.
>>
>>45335825
>There is no balance.
oh boy. im going through 5e rulebook and im at character creation. am i in for shenanigans soon?
>>
>>45335825
Does it matter what the actual weapon is? Also, that's the page I'm on. I don't see anything about the actual cost, although my GM just told me that it is 7kï¿¥
>>
>>45335828
The game is, at its base, about merging cyberpunk with D&D gunk. Yeah, it's kinda fucking dumb. Best of times, it's like old 40k where it knows it's dumb. Worst of times, it's like new 40k where it takes itself seriously.
>>45335834
Oh, the cost is elsewhere. Let me look...
>>
>>45335834
No, it doesn't matter. Some GMs rise an eyebrow at the really weird weapons like a monowhip or chainsaw as weapon focus, but any melee weapon is kosher.

And nuyen costs are on page 326 for magical paraphernalia
>>
what does the number in the parentheses mean? im not seeing any explenation for those. 5e.
>>
>>45335897
Bonus points you can shore up your Magic, Resonance and/or Edge at chargen with.
>>
>>45335897
That would be special attribute points. You get to use them to raise your edge or magic.
>>
>>45335906
>>45335911
excellent, thanks to the both of you.
>>
>>45335871
Am I going to have to buy the weapon part separate? And does it do regular damage of the weapon's type, or just [Focus] damage?
>>
>>45335915
Separately, and you keep the weapon's base damage. You get (Focus's Force) extra dice on your attack roll whenever you attack with it.
>>
File: Fuck Your Walls.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Fuck Your Walls.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45335897
Number of special points you get, for use on Edge, Magic or Resonance.
>>45335639
Okay, so I don't have bear shapeshifters in Chummer at the moment so this can't be QUITE as crazy, but this is the basic idea. You wind up with a troll that rolls 19 Unarmed Combat against structures. Add that to the 42 DV from the Smashing Blow power (Double DV against structures) and you can pretty much just wander through buildings at a whim.
>>
>>45335996
>13 strength augmented
jesus christ.
>>
File: DS-062.jpg (79KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
DS-062.jpg
79KB, 500x483px
>>45336011
Could actually get up to 17 by taking an infected. A Mutaqua would actually be quite for this purpose actually, as they're automatically adepts.
>>
How do you make a good mundie hacker? Is it easier in Point-buy, Sum-to-10, or Karmagen? The Matrix rules are giving me a headache.
>>
>>45335906
>>45335911
>>45335996
wait, if a human starts with a maximum of 7, and has no interest in being a technomancer, mage, or an adept. what happen if i dump those points into edge? do i go from a start of 2 to say 5, choosing a metatype priority of d?
>>
>>45336068
Yup. This also means that A Metatype is pretty much pointless for a mundane.
>>
>>45336081
Unless you're a troll, at which point you have to take A if you want any edge.
>>
>>45336086
this game loves to shit on metahumans, i've noticed.
>>
>>45336081
i just realized there an example a little further that would answer that question. i guess ill hold the question a little longer than i have been.
>>
What's going on in Shadowrun Australia? The Shadows of Asia book has NZ in it but not AU for some reason
>>
>>45326232

Mind over Matter adept using LOG for everything related to AGI. A dwarven Amadeus Cho, basically.
>>
>>45335821
Food fight. 4e or 5e is good.
>>
>>45336086
You can go B and pay for 2 Edge with karma. 3 Edge is workable.
>>
>>45336129
There's a 3e book called Target: Awakened Lands.

It's like 85% Australia.

Read it, it's fucking amazing.
>>
Is there anything like a cheaper rotodrone if I just want a flying gun?
>>
>>45336129
>>45336446

There's also a more recent short section in Sixth World Almanac from 4e.
>>
Can I get any sort of stun katana? Or would I have to use stun batons and the clubs skill and be a lot less cool?
>>
>>45336972
Get some Shock Gloves, then grab yourself a face, or a heart (if you don't want to cause permanent brain damage).
>>
>>45336930
Rotodrones are the cheap flying guns.
>>45336972
Mod it to do electric damage, called shot to split the damage (Half physical half stun) is probably the only way to do it and splitting the damage is horse shit.
A better option would just be to ask your GM if you can have a stun club that looks like a katana.
>>
>>45336930
If you're worrying about price, buy some second hand and/or damaged (and repair them yourself).
>>
>>45336930

IIRC in 4e's Arsenal there's mods to basically turn a gun into a drone rather than the other way around.
>>
>>45337112
Pretty sure that poster is using 5e
>>
File: 59f0550c06a31846edfab712a5876c7e.jpg (867KB, 676x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59f0550c06a31846edfab712a5876c7e.jpg
867KB, 676x1000px
>>45337045
5,000 isn't cheap enough!
And how would I mod it?

>>45337032
>>45337065
I'm just trying to get around using Elemental Weapon, which requires a costly Focus. The other option is to rearrange my Adept powers and take Killing Hands and Elemental Strike. Robo fists is fine.

I just don't want to lose fucking 7,000ï¿¥ just because I want to electrocute things.

>>45337112
>>45337118
Interesting. The ST keeps saying she'll allow some 4e stuff and "homebrew". Let's see how true that is.
>>
>>45337126
Drone modding rules are in Rigger 5.
You can get a weapon mod that adds elemental damage IIRC
>>
Hi anon! Soon to be new player here. Anything I should know before reading through the rulebook? Is there a trap option in this game?

Which archetype is the most fun to play for you guys?
>>
>>45337231
>Is there a trap option in this game?
Technomancers
>Which archetype is the most fun to play for you guys?
I like mages. So long as you have points in summoning, you really can't fuck up. Even if you have 3+1d6 init, you can still summon spirits.
>>
>>45337231
Your questions require us knowing which edition you'll be playing
>>
How perfect is a flesh form spirit? Does it still have to eat/drink/sleep or is that no longer necessary thanks to the immunity to normal damage? Are they able to sire/bear children?
>>
>>45337112
That mod is shit.
Takes up too much room, is far too expensive, the rarity is ridiculous, and the movement speed is abysmal.

It's honestly just better to bulk buy a few Roto-Drones as well as spare parts, and swap the Gun between them to sue while you repair them.

>>45337126
>I just don't want to lose fucking 7,000ï¿¥
Are you impoverished? It's not something to sneeze at, but 7K is hardly massive.
>>
How much do the Drone Weapon Mounts in Rigger 5 cost? There's nothing listed for the basic ones and Chummer just wants me to fill in the cost myself. Only the pop up mounts seem to have a cost.

Man, I'm just going to keep asking stupid questions that I can't see the answer to...

>>45337329
We're playing street level (yes, everyone has told me how bad street level is already, I'm not the GM). I've put my money into buying two drones because I want to be a wannabe Horizon runner. My goal is to try to get NOTICED.

>>45337220
Where are the weapon mod rules? Also why does the bookmarked version of Rigger 5.0 in the Mediafire account have an anime girl cover?
>>
>>45337366
>How much do the Drone Weapon Mounts in Rigger 5 cost?
It depends on if you're using the vehicle modding rules or the optional drone modding rules.
It's got an anime cover because the original cover was shit, so yekka fixed it.
>>
>>45337318
5th edition
>>
>>45337381
I'm looking at the drone modding rules and not seeing a cost.

>WEAPON MOUNTS
>Probably the most common drone mod is finding a way to strap weapons onto one. Due to the small size of drones, standard vehicle mounts aren’t always appropriate, so drones use weapon mounts from the following chart. Each weapon mount added uses up the listed number of Mod Points (listed as MP), allowing a drone to sometimes mount several smaller weapons rather than a single large one. All weapon mounts are at least Restricted, while some are Forbidden outside of military use as shown. In addition, authorities are quite interested in what weapons are mounted in them! In most nations, it’s illegal for a drone to mount anything other than non-lethal weaponry. The CAS is a notable exception to this rule.
Ugh, I just realized I'm going to need a license. More money spent.
>>
>>45337410
Also this. Not going to bother going to the trouble of saving and uploading it:
http://i.imgur.com/ll1eDnz.png
>>
>>45337410
Huh, I just realized there's no listed price. I'd use the price from the car mod rules then.
>Ugh, I just realized I'm going to need a license.
Or just hide them when not in use.
>>
>>45337267
I'm curious. what's wrong with technomancer? Are they really hard to use/build?
>>
>>45337423
Yeah, that's the reason I suggest using the car rules. Much more flexible in terms of what guns you can attach to things, and also they let you add gecko grip to the goliath.
>>
>>45337437
Basically, they're worse at hacking than hackers, and their spells are kinda rubbish.
The only good thing they have is sprites, which are the hacking equivalent of spirits.
>>
>>45337450
Alright I'll keep that in mind. Summoning spirit/sprite seems like the way to go then.

Just like Pathfinder
>>
>>45337499
I personally wouldn't recommend playing any matrix-based character as your first SR character, especially not a technomancer.
I would go with mundane/adept/mage as a starter character because mundanes/adepts mostly just need to manage meatspace, and mages will barely ever do astral combat from what I've seen, whereas deckers need to manage both meatspace and matrix stuff which can be a bit much for newer players.
>>
>>45337540
Thanks! I'll be back with questions after I go through the book.
>>
>>45337423
>>45337410
Quickly using a google search, it in fact was not listed in the book and is referenced in the errata thread on the SR5 forums for rigger 5.
The cost is MP * 800 for the mount, with mini mounts costing 400.
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.135
>>
What houserules would you suggest for a shock katana? Basically I just want to be able to do stun damage with my katana to leave people knocked out but not dead. Or use the sharp part to cut them. Or do both. I want an electrosword.

>>45337621
>Standard mount costs more on a drone than a car
Th-thanks...
>>
>>45337648
>Basically I just want to be able to do stun damage with my katana to leave people knocked out but not dead. Or use the sharp part to cut them. Or do both. I want an electrosword.
You can't really have your cake and eat it in this scenario.
You can have a katana that does electric damage (-5 init, -1 to all actions until next combat phase), and a katana that cuts people (the base katana), but the non-lethal part is the hard part.
The only way to really do what you're describing is by taking a called shot (-4 to attack) to split the damage, which does half-stun, half-physical damage. The issue is that someone is only knocked out of a fight if either condition monitor is filled fully, so splitting damage between tracks is a pretty bad idea (For example, if a guy has 8 physical and 8 stun and gets no hits on soak, a katana doing 9 damage would knock him into overflow with 9P, a stun baton doing 9S would knock him out, but a katana splitting the damage for 4P 5S would not.)
>>
>>45337648
>Standard mount costs more on a drone than a car
Probably because drones need to have all sorts of weight/recoil distribution stuff added on to counteract the extra few pounds whereas for a car you don't really need to worry about the extra few pounds.
>>
>>45337648
>>Standard mount costs more on a drone than a car
Well, more reason to use the car rules instead of the optional drone rules then. (I was playing a non-street scum when I made my first rigger, I just used the car rules cuz it let me attach assault rifles to the goliath.)
>>
>>45337717
No way to basically do a reverse blade sword? Although I'm guessing shadowrun doesn't have stats for a falx. Maybe I might just have to go with a stunstick instead of a katana.

Man, it's like this game doesn't want me to be it's own stereotype.
>>
>>45332898

Check your financial and empoyability privilege
>>
Does anyone know how extradition between countries and megacorporations works in the SR universe? Given the setting I can only guess that if someone important to a corporation commits a crime I. UCAS territory and gets arrested for it, someone like the kid of a high-ranking executive, then the corp is going to pull a few strings to get the kid off the hook and punish them internally to avoid more embarrassments.

But if Joe the NeoNet wageslave, low enough down the ladder that it's not worth the effort bailing him out, commits a crime in the UCAS and gets arrested, does that mean that he's tried in a UCAS court or a NeoNet court? Does he serve his sentence in a UCAS prison or a NeoNet prison? What about the opposite scenario, where a legal UCAS citizen gets caught trying to hack a secure NeoNet datafarm? Does UCAS or NeoNet end up handling the trial and sentencing?
>>
>>45337823

There's some brief discussion of extradition in Vice, albeit not very specific. You're basically in line with what it has, though. Depends on extradition treaties between the two entities and clout.
>>
>>45337794
Not really, sorry.
A stunstick is your best bet, you could ask your GM if you can have a stunstick that looks like a katana though.

>it's like this game doesn't want me to be it's own stereotype
Don't get me wrong, you can do an electrosword easily
It's the non-lethal aspect shadowrun has a problem with.
>>
>>45337857
I don't want to be a murderhobo (unless I have to be).
>>
>>45337865
"Killing people" =/= "Murderhobo"
Having a lethal primary weapon and non-lethal secondary weapon is very common in the shadows (or, loading armour piercing ammo and having a few magazines of Stick n' Shock ammo), ideally if you can you want to use your NL secondary, but when SHTF (as it always does) a lethal primary weapon will put people down a lot faster and more reliably than stun weaponry (in most cases, but if you've got really low STR then stun batons are better than katanas).
>>
>>45337823
>does that mean that he's tried in a UCAS court or a NeoNet court?
Here's an interesting bit of trivia: extraterritoriality exists IRL, with embassies. So it probably works similarly to the way it would work irl.
A UCAS citizen would be tried by a NeoNet court. A NeoNet citizen would get away with the crime unless he pissed off a higher up. (That's why ambassadors are infamous for things like speeding and refusing to pay rent.)
>>
>>45337888
I just want nonlethal as my primary. If it turns out that's not possible, though, fuck it I guess. Adding electrical to my katana wouldn't really do extra damage though, would it? I was assuming it'd be, like, X stun and status effects on top of regular damage. How does Elemental Weapon even work? It doesn't list any actual damage or change to the regular weapon attack.

Alternately I wonder if my ST would let me take an Adept power that changes weapon damage to nonlethal (then again, that'd probably require the high price of a focus).
>>
>>45337948
Get a gun and load it with gel rounds if you want a nonlethal 'primary'. Reserve the hacking and slashing ustensil for things that need to be hacked and slashed.
>>
>>45337948
>It doesn't list any actual damage or change to the regular weapon attack.
All Elemental Weapon does is add the modifier different elemental damage does.
It's in SR5, pg 170.
Electrical damage gives the target -5 init, and a -1 dice pool on every action until the next combat turn
Acid damage does constant damage until it's washed off/wears out
Fire damage catches niggas on fire
Cold damage breaks armour
Actual damage value is unaffected, instead you get a side effect in addition.
>>
>>45338036
Oh, I assumed it actually did some sort of additional damage.
>>
>>45338076
Nope.
Critical strike does that.
>>
Let's say the stodgy conservative captain of a Japanese destroyer and the chief Shinto priestess/ship's magician on board are feuding over both personal and political (she's hippydippy Empress/Shiawase faction and he's old guard racist/imperialist) differences. The players need to sneak on board for other reasons. What are some favors they could do for one against the other to get them on board? Kinda can't figure out what I want to do with this.
>>
File: Horizon Wannabe.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alright, how does this look? I took -2 in Karma because the ST gave us 15 Karma instead of 13.
>>
I want to play a home sitting video game nerd (me) who runs by rigging himself into an anthrodrone. Thing is, I never played a rigger nor something matrix heavy. How do I start? What drone is best suited, and how do I protect myself from hax?
>>
>>45338574
As it stands you've got no ammo for your browning, only 50 rounds for your SMG, no commlink (although your RCC can function as one so it's not a huge deal), I'd take a point out of Log and put it into either Reaction/Intuition for sweet initiative or Strength for extra katana damage. I'd also put a few points into con, maybe take one out of performance.
>>
Me mate's had real difficulty finding lore on LA and Horizon for the game we're in. Can someone provide some sources? This action movie stuff would fit right in with our runs.
>>
>>45338574
Also, where are your adept powers?
>>
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45338574
>>45338815
Huh, that doesn't list my Adept powers

... oh. Because fuck me I thought about changing her Metatype and that resets Adept Powers.

>>45338684
I actually originally had Performance as my free Active Skill at 4.

Tweaked things, fixed my powers.
I'm now in a situation where I have too much money, but I'm not sure what else to do with two karma
>>
>>45338685
The Corporate Cities book for 4e details LA. It's in the pastebin.
Corporate Guide for 4e has an entry on Horizon as well. Also in the pastebin.
>>
File: Runner Image.png (71KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
Runner Image.png
71KB, 210x310px
>>45338952
I ended up not being able to start with Fame. Still, if I do get 4 karma I'll buy that to represent being a youtube sensation.

Also I badly photoshopped tusks onto Jinx.
>>
>>45338978
Thanks friend
>>
>>45338545
For Japanese targets? Embarrassing them somehow.
Japan's culture fears embarrassment more then it fears death, and I am in no way employing hyperbole when I say that.

The best way to embarrass someone in a position of power is to make it look like they can't follow through on their duties or promises somehow; think about what the captain and priestess actually DOES on the ship or with their duties and think think of a way a runner team could fuck that up. Alternatively, look into their private lives for indescretions and either blackmail them or expose them, forcing them to loose face and possible rank.

Also, as a realism note (which means feel free to ignore it), I'm next to positive there ARE no Kannushi (Shinto priests) who are women; women were miko (shrine maidens) who were more like "priest-helpers" and couldn't hold official rank. This might still hold true in the Sixth World as the JIS seems to promote all the most negative aspects of Japanese culture in many ways, including sexism.
>>
>>45338952
Issues I can see:
Your initiative is 8+1d6, for what you're going for this is very bad.
You've got a 33% chance of only getting one initiative pass, which is crazy low for what you want to do. As an example, if you want to command your drones via RCC, that's a simple action, if you want to trigger boost STR or boost AGI that's another simple action, and you only get two per pass.
At the very least try to get one more initiative die, preferably two for 3d6 (probably via the improved reflexes adept power).
A way you can do this is by removing a level of cool resolve, remove boost rea (having three boosts and drones to command is far too much time spent "prepping" for combat), remove facial sculpt, get level one improved reflexes (this increases you Rea by 1 and gives you an extra die anyway, so it does what boosted reflexes does all the time), and I would recommend taking out skate for level two improved reflexes (for a total +2 rea and +2d6 init dice, for a total initiative of 10+3d6)
I'm unsure of why you need 4 Log, since most of your drone stuff is just going to be giving commands (I would take one point of this an put it in either AGI/STR), unsure why you've got 2 points in software, maybe move those to sneaking because sneaking is very good sometimes.
>>
>>45339176
The software is because my "day job" is video editing.

I do want to keep stuff like Skate (because it's cool, and I wanna be flamboyant), but I'll swap out the rest. I'd wanted Facial Sculpt because it seemed cool, but eh. No big loss.
>>
>>45339238
Ah, yeah, software makes sense then.
With your extra nuyen you might want to pick up a few cameras (the optical sensors on the drones would be a good idea for more angles, I believe that imagelinks can record things so maybe pick up some contacts with an imagelink for a first-person perspective)
9+2d6 is a respectable initiative, since you've got a high body and will maybe pick up some Jazz so you can push it if you need to in a pinch (have 10d6 on your addiction test should let you easily pass it)
>>
>>45338952
1Edge is really risky. You're sure you can't spare a bit of karma somewhere and get it up to 2?
>>
Also apparently I need to be part of a Magic Tradition? Guess I'll have to read up on those.

>>45339395
That's ten karma, anon...
>>
>>45339419
I think that's only a thing for full mages. Adepts don't have traditions I don't think.
>>
Am I able to wield my weapon focus like a normal weapon if I just perceive the astral instead of projecting?
>>
>>45335017
What's a pornomancer?
>>
>>45339519
It's a build in 4e that would roll upwards of 40 dice for social stuff, IIRC
Pretty much you could walk into a police station five minutes after blowing up all of Manhattan and have everyone inside become your best bud in less than a minute.
>>
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'm not stuck with only these Adept powers forever, am I?
>>
>>45339658
Nah, if you initiate you get new powers.
Do note initiating takes fucktons of karma tho.
>>
>>45339677
Doesn't everything?
>>
>>45335996
Why does it have bone density augmentation and bone lacing? Those don't stack
>>
>>45331797
Not that I doubt you but because I'm interested in further reading, can you provide a source on that reality TV thing?
>>
>>45339817
Corporate enclaves.
It's basically 50% reality tv and 50% twitter.
>>
>>45339891
Which ed it is? Can't find it in the pastebin
>>
What are some good horizon sponsored runs for Manhattan, /srg/?
So far I've got a few
>sabotaging a shiawase fashion show
>attend a decadent reception being put on by S-K/Neonet in an attempt to find dirt on them, reception interrupted by terrorists, cue reenactment of diehard
>Extracting a high profile news anchor currently working for NBCNN or American Broadcasting
>Having to simply attend dinners and receptions and not sperg out (the party are a decently popular trid runner team and are on a tour around America)
>>
>>45339997
Have them get stranded in one of the other boroughs surrounded by gangers and blatantly reenact "The Warriors"
>>
File: Come Out and Pla-ay.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Come Out and Pla-ay.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>45340037
Hue. I was just talking about Warriors in the context of Mage: the Awakening the other day.
>>
>>45339951
4e, iirc.
>>
>>45339997
Samefaggin here but have them do zany adventures with a rat shaman and his team of surged pizza loving turtle ninjas
>>
>Online fame doesn't give any bonus to Day Jobs
I suppose that's not really any more dumb than being popular giving you a bigger paycheck at a frycook job... along with 10% more hours.
>>
>>45340101
You don't mean Corporate Guide did you? Sorry for being retarded but I just can't find it
>>
Alright, I need to actually get in the shower.

http://pastebin.com/hKLDTxw4

I've got 2 Karma left. Although I may drop Fame again and take that in-game. Also, I changed my Metatype to Oni.
>>
New thread

>>45341136
>>45341136
>>45341136
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.