[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k Presentation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

File: Waifu4Laifu.jpg (52KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu4Laifu.jpg
52KB, 600x867px
Working on an assignment for my Public Speaking course (college requirement, otherwise I wouldn't be doping this shit). As an introductory thing, each student needs to give a 2-3 minute show-and-tell presentation/speech. I'm doing mine on 40k. I'll probably bring in the rulebook and some models from a couple of my armies.
What exactly should I focus on? Should I talk on how the game is played, the setting, the hobby? This is where I'm kind of lost because this is a very short presentation, not something that I can or should use to explain everything.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>45307994
I implore you to reconsider.
>>
>>45307994
You could fill an easy 2-3 minutes on just the basics of the Imperium of Man
>>
>>45307994

I think you should reconsider.
>>
>>45308010
>>45308058
I've really considered it, and I don't have anything better to present to a class.
>>45308040
I could, but that makes for a really shallow presentation
>>
>>45307994
Good god, do not do it.
>>
>>45308088
Check'd
Anything more than "don't do it" would be fucking helpful. Even reasons why I shouldn't would be useful.
>>
>>45307994
Well, that's one way to tell everyone you have Asperger's
>>
if you're bent on proving your autism i'dd mention how it's basically two hobbies in one
you've got the painting and collection and then you've got the boardgame
>>
>>45308187
Do it, just make sure to have someone record it and post it for us to watch.
>>
>>45308291
This, post it on youtube and give us a link.
>>
>>45307994
I would talk about the hobby in general, only lightly touching on the fact that there is a setting and specific rules for different games. Essentially present on table top gaming with 40k as an example of a fantasy war game. It would be too easy for the average TTRPG player to go on at length about specific games or settings and that wouldn't really tell people anything they'd understand unless they already knew about TTRPGs.
>>
>>45307994
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd
>>
Anyone else notice how she seems to have nothing on under that shirt?
>>
>>45308258
Who gives a shit what the class thinks? I'm not scouting the class for pussy
>>45308309
If I owned a cellphone I fucking would you guys
>>45308313
Sup, Ogre
>>45308321
Hell yeah, bruh
>>
>>45307994
Unless you handle this with the finesse and charisma of a pope, normies are going to kek hard and your prof might give you a shit grade for being autistic.

Consider switching it to a history of tabletop wargaming in general and make reference to early military commanders using them in serious contexts before going full BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.
>>
>>45308365
>Consider switching it to a history of tabletop wargaming in general
I would but it's a fucking SHOW AND TELL.
What university prof assigns a fucking show-and-tell to a class ranging in age from 20-45?
>>
>>45307994
If you've got access to a projector, use photos of the minis instead of bringing in minis themselves. Unless you're fine with your little plastic dudes being handed off to ~20-30 people, no one's gonna be able to see shit. And compare it to things most people already know, like model-making or chess. (Blaa blaa blaa each dude has his own rules for movement and attack but you also role dice)

Other than that, 2-3 min sounds really fucking short, I remember my public speaking presentations being closer to 5-7.
>>
>>45308454
I've got a projector (which would be great for timing, as I could make a slideshow with images that I'd know to represent how much time I have left)
I also have a document camera type thing (sort of a mounted camera that I can place photos or the minis under to have them projected)
>>
>>45307994
Do it on the idea of wargames.

Start with about 30 seconds on defining classical boardgames.

Use a bridge like "But some people wanted to try to get games like Risk to more accurately reflect a simulated battle game."

Spend a minute discussing what makes war gaming different, focus on how it's a continuation of the design of classic boardgames (The whole table is the board, very large number of dice rolls). Use old civil war/WWII style boardgames for examples.

Spend 30 seconds showing off the models as an example of how far the hobby has come since the early days, and that a lot of creative energy goes into it.

Finish with talking about how due to the continuing increase in levels of detail, the actual painting and design of the models themselves has become almost as important as the game itself, if not more important.

Don't: Tell how much time you spend
Say how much things cost, except to shock people "Large modern models kits can cost up to $150!"
Get into anything about the lore. You don't have time to not come off as autismal.
Mention anything grimdark, except in passing like "Many games focus on darker themes than children's games, with a dystopian world used to inspire the designs"

Do: Be simplistic without being dismissive "The design is sort of like Lord of the Rings creatures in sci-fi setting"
Explain everything as a process, like how movies have advanced from black and white 30 strips.
In fact, relate it to popular things people understand as much as possible
>>
>>45308187
40k is incredibly hard to explain quickly.

Try doing historical wargaming, which is much easier to explain to people because you don't have to explain the fictional world, just say "This game is about World War 2."
>>
>>45308568
>>45308611
See
>>45307994
and
>>45308427
>SHOW-AND-TELL
>>
>>45308646
You really, really don't have enough time. You're just gonna sound like an idiot who plays with toys.
>>
>>45308693
This. Do something else. Did you build your own PC? That's a good thing to talk about and sounds impressive to most people.
>>
I can't believe anyone could ever think this is a good idea.
>>
>>45308693
>You're just gonna sound like an idiot who plays with toys.
Implying there's even one fa/tg/uy who is anything more than an idiot who plays with toys.
>>
>>45308732
Some of them just do RPGs and don't bother with toys. They just play pretend.
>>
>doing your autismal powerlevel shit for a public speaking class
Cmon man this is always a bad idea.
>>
>>45308073
>I don't have anything better to present to a class.
In that case, I implore you to reconsider your life as a whole.
>>
>>45308713
I really don't own anything of personal value. I have sort of a detached way of looking at physical things. I wish I had even one souvenir from when I was in the Army, but even then, there are more than one combat vets in the class and my pog shit would be laughable.
>>45308770
I'm a film student and good at what I do, I've got an amazing girlfriend, I just don't give a big shit about possessions. Outside of some of my /tg/ shit that are associated with great memories, I really don't feel anything towards owning things.
>inb4 you call me an edgelord for being freer of attachment
>>
Be upfront and honest about how the game is basically just a juvenile excuse to make your toys fight another person's toys and focus on modelling and painting as a rewarding hobby. Anything else and you'll just roll eyes. For the love of god don't talk about the setting. It's not as cool as you think it is and people will think you're even more of a manchild than they thought humanly possible.

In short, make a brief presentation of the tiny plastic spacemen you like to build and paint and offhand mention there's also a game you can play with them.
>>
>>45307994

1. Stand before the class and formally introduce yourself.

2. Smile broadly and announce "I will now demonstrate what the experience of playing 40k is like."

3. Turn around and pull down your trousers.

4. Squat down and spread your anus wide.

5. Squeeze out a long greasy Alabama Sausage onto the stage.

6. Plant your face into it and motorboat that turd like you're Bill Cosby and you caught Beyonce fast asleep with her ass in the air

7. Pull your trousers back up and stand up.

8. Take a bow, thank the class for your time and return to your seat.
>>
>>45308924
I thought Bill Cosby only raped white girls?
>>
>>45308840
You're not edgelord, you're a goddamn hippie!
Anyway, film making souls like better topic. Pick a history of Disney, comparison of remakes vs original movies, anything.
>>
File: 1445193902013.jpg (19KB, 400x377px) Image search: [Google]
1445193902013.jpg
19KB, 400x377px
>>45308863
This is pretty much what I was planning on doing.
I'm not retarded enough to think that 40k's setting is even remotely good from an objective point of view, or anything more than laughable to normies.
I was thinking something like 75% talk on the hobby, painting, modelling, etc. Then 25% talk about the tabletop shit, tucked somewhere in the presentation.
>>
>>45309004
>film making souls like better topic. Pick a history of Disney, comparison of remakes vs original movies, anything.
For the third time, this assignment is specifically a show-and-tell. Bringing in objects of personal significance is required
>>
>>45309054
Bring in a bike and make shit up about cycling.

Christ you have to be the most autistic fucker on this board.
>>
>>45307994
Don't talk about the setting; it's boring to outsiders and won't sound well

Focus on the hobby and maybe the history of wargaming

Talk about how you got into it perhaps
>>
File: smug Mari.gif (370KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
smug Mari.gif
370KB, 500x465px
>>45309054
bring your GF
>>
>>45309138
I fucking would if she wasn't at school an hour away. A show-and-tell of my gf? I'd do that shit just for the laughs.
>>
>>45309054

Like >>45309110 says, just make up any old shit. There's no point being honest when your rep is on the line.

Cause with this 40k idea, all you're going to do is commit social suicide by making yourself look like a bionic hyperautist, while literally boring the piss out of your audience as you do it.

Bring in a claw hammer and say you like climbing stuff. Bring in a GPS marker and say it's from the last time you went geocaching with a friend that died (pretend to break down with grief for a bit of sympathy too, that way they'll forgive any faults in your presentation). Bring some gaffer tape and a hockey mask and say you're a serial rapist. Anything. Just give up on this 40k stuff.
>>
>>45307994
Ignore all these fucks calling you an autist. Do a presentation on how the corpse-emperor is a lie and Chaos is superior.
>>
File: tumblr_n75coccc6c1tewpj4o1_400.gif (39KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n75coccc6c1tewpj4o1_400.gif
39KB, 396x385px
>>
>>45309284
Bring in your rare pepes and talk about memes
>>
>>45309212
Dude, not every school is a Chad-infested Hollywood stereotype. When I was at community college my friends and I played Magic in the dining hall and no one gave a shit.
>>
I love all these anons who think that doing something /tg/ in a gen-ed college course is going to instantly mark OP as an undesirable across the entire campus.
>>
>>45309299
>No one gave a shit
Protip. I was on the fringe of a group like that (never played Magic but had some close friends who did). People are judging you. Even if you aren't playing.
>>
>>45309299
Silly anon, this is /tg/, where everyone who doesn't play tabletop is a chad who will give you a swirly after class for wearing glasses.
>>
>>45309299

Special Ed doesn't count, son. When half of your fellow 'students' are eating crayons and setting fire to curtains, mtg won't even be on the radar.
>>
>>45309299
>no one gave a shit
as someone who hangs out with normals, no, we're not coming and laughing in your face

we're sitting at our table shit talking you
>>
>>45309330

Newsflash, turbonerd: it will.

Now stop samefagging about this shit and piss off. You've had your say, it's been demolished, and now you're done.
>>
>>45309330
>>45309299
Welcome to the real world where acting like a fucking sperg gets you treated like one.

I bet you fucks don't bathe either.
>>
>>45309344
>People are judging you.
People without the balls to say or do anything. People who's opinions of you will never matter
>>
>>45309377
>>45309374
>I never went to college
>>
>>45309374
Nah.
>>45309377
I prefer showering.
>>
Sure is /b/ in here
>>
It's like I'm really on /r9k/!
>>
>>45309474
Kek'd
>>
There are worse things than doing a presentation on 40k, trust me, I witnessed them in my public speaking class. Just go in and say you enjoy building and painting models, it's actually a pretty common hobby. Say you like 40k because not only do you get to build and paint models but you can also play games with them. Bring in a centerpiece model and talk about stuff like sculpting green stuff, dry brushing, layering, etc. Wear a damn Bob Ross afro if you want idk.

Just don't touch the lore and you'll be fine. If anyone asks what 40k means just say "It's the year 40,000 cause it's a sci-fi game."
>>
>>45309179
Well, you would definitely have brought enough to share with the whole class, and she's probably used to being passed around.
>>
>>45309600
>If anyone asks what 40k means just say "It's the amount you'll spend on the game once you get fucking addicted like everyone else"
ftfy
>>
>>45309634
Entirely accurate and also acceptable.
>>
>>45309602
savage
>>
>>45309600
Also make sure to say "warhammer forty-thousand" instead of "forty-kay"
>>45309634
though I do like this joke
>>
theres 0 (zero) chance of not making a gigantic fool of yourself op

at least record it for us
>>
>>45309398
>I pretend I went to college to strangers on the internet
>>
>>45309602
Nigger, she's 4'5" and 100lbs, nice face, and was a kissless virgin till she met me.
>>
>>45309744
MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>45309600
>There are worse things than doing a presentation on 40k, trust me, I witnessed them in my public speaking class

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's good to advertize to your social peers that you're a giant sperglord who likes playing with robot space elf toys.

OP: you're gonna get wiped out if you do this shit. Trust me. Don't listen to the trolls trying to egg you on.
>>
>>45309780
>gets called out
>m-m-memes will save me

Right back at ya, kid. :^)
>>
>>45309752
Are you fucking a midget? This is the real question here, not your presentation
>>
>>45309826
I'm 6'4" so she might as well be...
She doesn't look like a midge tho. nice proportions
>>
>>45309752
Sure, she just broke her hymen riding a bike or something right?
>>
>>45309790
He's in community college. If he has a job and a car, it doesn't matter if he gives his presentation of Slaanesh, he's already more socially competent than half the people in the damn classroom.
>>
>>45309824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI
>>
File: womanlets.png (29KB, 471x318px) Image search: [Google]
womanlets.png
29KB, 471x318px
>>45309861
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>45309861
Whoa. I'm your height and I'd struggle with a girl that small. Shortest chick I've ever been out with was 5'2" and that was short enough
>>
>>45309929
Makes my 8 inches seem extra big
>>45309900
No, I did, nigger
>>45309959
It has pros and cons, but I'm not dating her for her body. She plays 40k and vidya and is really chill.
>>
>>45309929
Honestly, after listening to him say that she is in a school (not collage, not university, a school) nearby and the size difference, she might very well be jailbait.
>>
>>45309923

Yeah, nah, not even going to watch it. I win. Stay mad, faker.
>>
>>45309824
>gets called out?
How?
>>
>>45309901
>I have a job and a car
>And my favourite TV show is a cartoon about talking ponies XD

Anon, pls. Normal people look at 40k the same way they look at mlp. Doesn't matter what else he's doing. It won't make up for the rest.
>>
>>45310005
If you've found a girl to play 40k with, you hold on tight mate.
>>
File: OP and his GF.jpg (45KB, 618x779px) Image search: [Google]
OP and his GF.jpg
45KB, 618x779px
>>45309929
>>
>>45310060
>desperate samefagging
>>
>>45310079
She wraithspams the shit out of her Eldar tho
>tfw I play nids
>>
>>45310099
This pic comes up a lot in our texts...
>>
>>45309752
So you found a TRUE AND HONEST BOYFRIEND FREE GIRL? Did you need a sign?

Go for the 40k talk OP, Zap to the Extreme!
>>
>>45310100
>implying I'm the same person
>>
File: thomas-do-it-faggot.jpg (30KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-do-it-faggot.jpg
30KB, 450x338px
>pic related

Anyone who's basically saying "ABANDON_SHIP.png" is lying to you.

Find a fucking camera and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>45310144
>girl likes Eldar
What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>45310340
To be fair, she played Dark Angels prior to jumping on the Eldar bandwagon
>>
>>45310172
>4'5", 100lbs, kissless virgin
Might be legit, I see plenty of those 5 days a week. My route to work just happens to intersect elementary school grounds.
>>
>>45310368
Genuine kek.
>>
>>45310364
Dark Vengeance-fag I'm assuming.
>>
>>45310392
I bought her Dark Vengeance cuz she wanted it. I really didn't need to start Chaos, but she was into Dark Angels at the time. She dropped the Angels and bought her own eldar after about 2 months.
At least she wastes my money on plastic crack and lingerie than stupid shit like food.
>>
>>45310368
>intersect
You drive through a school on your way to work?
>>
You could show off your collection of dragon dildos and still only come across as half as autistic as doing a speech on 40k.
>>
>>45307994
>"Basically life sucks, there's only war and you're probably going to get eaten by Tyranids. Have fun."
>>
Now, should OP play Dark Millenium in the background of his speech?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.