[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Blood Bowl/ General - Better than the Super Bowl edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 21

File: bloodbowl.jpg (131KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbowl.jpg
131KB, 560x420px
Old thread >>45221252

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, Veterans are starting Round 3, Rookies in Round 3 for 2 more games:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg ; #fumbbl for general chat

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

News About GW's new look at Blood Bowl:
http://www.thenaf.net/2016/01/new-blood-bowl-miniatures-first-look/
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/01/29/blood-bowl-team-lists-now-available/
(Which are CRP teams less the BBRC-approved Slann/Pact/Underworld)
http://www.thenaf.net/2016/01/spubbbbas-modelling-tips-converting/
(guide for converting GW models as the Warhammer World tournament understandably doesn't allow third party models)
>>
>>45305051
Trying to figure it out. Flings are GMT+1 I am GMT-5.
>>
>>45305167
Skink Thighs
>>
>>45305221
This is correct. Flings coach ready today up the next few hours (around 3-4 I guess), maybe we can do the game later.
>>
File: 2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg (29KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg
29KB, 425x640px
stat and skill him
>>
>>45305262
We can play right now if you are on
>>
>>45305263
Must be a big guy. St5 or St6, Loner, Block, Mighty Blow. Not sure about the rest
>>
>>45305263

Ma6 St5 Ag3 Av8

Big Guy
Loner (doesn't get to take friends)
Disturbing Presence
Some meme about fire
>>
>>45305274
Yes this is fine for me!

Get ready folks for total annihilation on the pitch in a few minutes!!

My Little Arsenal vs South City Scum
>>
>>45305263

That's the Mighty Zug.

But tell me, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>45305263
MA6 ST5 AG2 AV10
Regeneration, Loner, (Extraordinary) Extremely Painful (Add +1 to every armor and injury roll after the first this drive), Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, Block
>>
>>45305338
Googling how to beat flings as we speak
>>
>>45305370
Avoid the tress, kill the flings. Also, keep a guy back in case flings try to use Throw TeamMate.
>>
>>45305392
If you 9man foul the trees off the pitch you can destroy the flings.
>>
It's time
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=820118
>>
>>45305167

So uh Mauled, do I not get anything for the walkover? There's no win or draw registered, or MVP, or winnings.
>>
>70k winnings, +str on witch elf, and doubles on a blitzer, and no injurys on my team
hoooooly shit, best tie ever
>>
>>45305428
LIVE

My Little Arsenal vs South City Scum
>>
Boss I sent you a pm on fumbbl check it out when you get the chance.
>>
>>45305465

Apparently not. You get a Win for the League, but a forfeit is different to a concession in-game for some reason and doesn't give anyone anything.

It is bollocks, and it's why I was trying to avoid it.
>>
>>45305711

So FUMBBL doesnt give any MVP or money at all on a player forfeit? That kinda sucks.
>>
>>45305933

Unfortunately it appears not. I have no way of Conceding the game instead or I would.
>>
>>45305711
yea it ok for standings purposes but bunk for development
>>
>>45305933
I should probably mention that when I post the update for the /tg/ Overview page.
>>
>We almost saw a halfling bullet
>It probably would have been a 6/6 Armor 6/6 Injury 6/6 Cas
>>
>>45305428
This match has concluded 2-0 in favor of the South City Scum.
>>
>>45306333
Molly Tow was soooooo close to get it, we salute to o7

Otherwise, was a fun game, gave me a good insight of fouling and TTM.
>>
>>45306414
Fucking flings killed 2 of my linos

>>45306426
Good game, dem armor breaks man
>>
>>45306445
>Fucking flings killed 2 of my linos
"Sir, we can assure that we cleared the area around South City."
"Good job guys, now we move along to our next target. Waiting for HQ to drop of new orders."

We will always go out with some bang, heh,
>>
>>45306485
Named my new lino "attack of the killer flings"
>>
>>45306539
Well, my 2nd tree (Ignite) leveled up thanks to wrecking havoc.
>>
Dat Orc on Orc final match,
>>
>>45306569
>chump block the trees they said
>as long as the trees just have a lino everything is great they said

I literally only lost maybe 5 humans in my 50 games with my team on BB2 before I got board and reset. Like a combined 5 deaths and - stats. So far I have had 1 death and 2 -stats this in 3 games
>>
>>45305711

That's really strange, can't believe FUMBBL has omitted that. Are they afraid people will abuse that to power level teams? You could already to that with a bunch of friends as it is.

So anytime there is a player who doesn't show up, or a player that drops-out, a team is going to lose out on SPP and cash. Feels very weird.
>>
Luckily it was just a hobgobbo
>>
>>45307229
Why did you appo a hob gobo?
>>
>>45307251
it was his t16 blitz
>>
how much would being able to have multiple apos really effect the game? You effectively take a +st worth of TV for an additional reroll of a injury
>>
>>45306592
When will it be, let's get round 4 underway!
>>
>Ill buy a mino how bad can he be
>Oh good I got a td on him, And a touchback, Time for another score
>WA reroll WA
>Next turn
>WA Reroll WA
>On blitzes both turns
>>
>>45308037
>>45308037
>>45308037
>Oh hey he passed and made a block, 2 skulls and a pow not bad
>Fourth turn
>WA reroll WA
i regret everything
>>
>>45307581
Keep in mind Apos keep players in the game on a Badly Hurt, or if rerolling a Serious Injury into Badly Hurt. On a KO, or Stun they player stays on the pitch. Teams that depend on pitch removal (mostly Khemri and to some extent Dwarves) would see their chances sink somewhat.

Generally speaking this also erodes the advantage of teams that rely on cheap benched linemen like humans, and makes teams with high SPP powerhouses much stronger, as you can no longer threaten to eliminate them from the game. It also means that threatening casualties on a stall is no longer a very reliable method to force a score, because the other coach can have multiple apothecaries.

Technically the Apothecary is "bring a player back into the game at the cost of 50k"; in other words, you get one benched player for 50k. To frame the costs another way - you're paying a mere 50kTV to give your 200k TV Wardancer another life.
>>
get this hothead outa here
>>
How is the playo ffs working for the babbies again? Do we have our own and the top 2 seeds play in the big play offs? Or just the top 2 seeds from the regular season get to go to the play offs?

Also does Mauled's team get to count as a team in the babbies latter?
>>
>>45308574
The team who won the Rookie League gets to be the 4th team in the playoffs, while the runner up becomes the 8th team. No, the Rookies don't get their own playoffs.

I'm assuming Mauled will auto-concede if the White Lions make it to the playoffs.
>>
>>45308793
If the White Lions make playoffs they'll simply be substituted with the next highest Rookie team.
>>
Frug's Jumpers vs. Brettonian Werewolf in Tilea should be happening Wednesday around 20:00 server time.
>>
>https://fumbbl.com/p/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1444488

how?
>>
>>45309652
Lots of matches can turn a rookie team into a legendary one.
>>
>>45309682
But how can you score 12 and 11 times in 16 turns?
>>
>quickslithers down a saurus vs animated clothing

haha time for rape.
>>
>>45309721
Have both teams try to do plenty of 1 turn touchdowns.
>>
>>45309721
>https://fumbbl.com/p/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1444488

elves with +MA. 1 TTD all the time.
>>
>>45309721
>>45309810

Also, multiple Blitzes and Riots. At least 9.
>>
>>45309652
>not scoring 10+ a game
>not being a laughing elf
>>
>>45309721
+MA/Sprint/Sure Feet/Sidestep Catchers on both teams:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=2830241
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=3611134

That gives you a 13 move Catcher who can run from the line to the endzone in one turn. In a situation like this you can try a 1TTD every turn with pretty reasonable chances of success no matter what the opposing setup is - and it looks like in this game both teams just attempted a scoring battle rather than any stalling. High TV Elf gets pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>45310002
Were wood elf catchers changed from different stats? AFAIK the only current 9 MA player is the gutter runner
>>
>>45308132
>Teams that depend on pitch removal (mostly Khemri

Whoa whoa whoa, Khemri are not a big bashy team. Khemri is like a moving roadblock, a position team. Sure you can try to knock some players off with your POMB Blitz-ras, but it's certainly not reliable.
>>
Any tips on dealing with orcs as humans? They seem harder to deal with than chaos or dorfs.
>>
>>45312325
Play elfier.
>>
>>45310068
Yes, there's been more than a few overhauls. If you look at the date of the game it was played back in 2006 - that would've been around LRB4 (current CRP is technically LRB6).

>>45310134
Note I include Dwarves in the list too. The thing with slow, position heavy teams like both of them is that they don't have any contingency plans. Position-based play is not forgiving of mistakes, and Blood Bowl has lots of opportunities to make mistakes.
>>
>>45312325
The key to an Orc matchup is to make use of the speed advantage to try and split apart and isolate the team via screens. Any blocking you do should work towards this bigger goal of trying to isolate the Black Orcs from the ball. Orcs generally start close together but below average movement means that they have a hard time getting around screens.
>>
>bloodbowl 2
>queue for a game
>win
>queue another
>get raped by dwarves

I'm not cut out for this.
>>
>>45315694
>Be 1500ish skaven team.
>Match up against higher ranked dorfs. Get wizard and crab hand star player.
>Win 2-0
>Claw,Mighty blow storm vermin ded. Linerats ded. Spend shekels to replace.
>Match up against dorfs again. This time 1-1 tie.
>Thrower ded, one gutter runner ded. Guard storm vermin miss next. Not even counting linerats anymore.
>Next match is also against dorfs.
>Nearly get pitch cleared in second half.
>>
>>45316100
>>45315694
What league are you in? I have been facing a lot of dorfs in the biggest league
>>
>yet again play against a team of dorfs with my human team Flying Goons. The dorf coach whines about being 100 tv below me and then concedes turn 4 when I manage to blitz his ball carrier.

It is a good feel.
>>
Playing v nurgle, Nuffles decides to fuck with me the entire game. Up 1-0 at the half, down 6 players. Lots of MB on Nurgle but that doesn't matter, didn't need MB to murder an AV 9 player, thanks for being useless APO.

So salty, couldn't even hold it to a tie thanks to defense kick off events
>>
Public anouncement for the BB2 League Fumbbl Rejects the Coach of the team Cultist Chan should message his opponent and play his bloody game.
>>
>>45310068
there was a time when woodelf catchers had MA9 and could get right stuff. So the tree had a real purpose on that team during that time now he is just there for flavor reasons.
>>
Okay guys I am playing in the Cyanide World Cup on BBTactics. I will play Dark Elves I just need Names. Help me guys.
>>
>>45318589

Hatey McHaterson
Bloodrage Rageblood
Dave
Darkside Eyeshadow
Stabbity Von Murderhausen
Prince Doubledark
Homicidia
Pyroclastica
The Buggering Baron of Bath and Wells
Boris the Spider
Jack the Ripper
Clive who got on the wrong Bus
"Chopper" Harris
Prince Lee of Arseburns
Duke Megaviolator
[Censored]
Mortis Tottendeath
Thrash Burnspleen ATTOURNEY AT LAW

need any more?
>>
>>45318589
Chloe
Olga
>>
>>45318747
you forgot rapestab mcgenocide
>>
>>45318747
thank you they are great
>>
File: 2016-02-09_00001.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09_00001.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
welcome my world cup team
>>
>>45312325
Orcs can't keep pace with blitzers or throwers
>>
>>45319079
>All those bald linemen
Kek
>>
>>45316100
>>45315694
>>45316324

My team before I reset them was so fun vs dorfs.
>move 9 blitzer always blowing up the runner before he could get to the cage.
>combination of pomb jump up blitzer and dp lineo raping the shit out of his troll slayers
>he has no dauntless on the pitch park ogre. In front of cage and laugh because he has stand firm
>>
Should humans take +st on a lino or catcher or just take guard?

Should high elves ever take +st or +ag on a linelf?
>>
>>45317723
Stops being so good when it happens for the 5th time in a row.

The stories of scrubs at high TV in BB2 are fucking real.

>Play at 1000TV - fun close games against teams of similar, or slightly higher TV.
>Play at 1300TV - skilled teams with an occasional tryhard minmaxer who has like 6 journeymen and 5 high-level players
>Play at 1700+ TV - Every other team is a 16-player Chaos (or orks) with 6 rerolls and no skills on anyone, conceding on turn 3 after having their ball carrier blitzed.
>>
>>45319971

Yes, yes, yes and probably not.
>>
>Should humans take +st on a lino or catcher or just take guard

Its almost like you dont want a to have a catcher who doesnt get 2-die blocks against him every time he's blitzed, or a lineman who can punch shit on his own.

>>45319971
>Should high elves ever take +st or +ag on a linelf?
Having a guy with 4 St when literally no other player on the team has easy access to ir sounds like not even a question.
+ag is a bit more questionable, but hey, its not doubles, even if you dont have blodge yet, you'll get em later. 5 ag allows you to pull off some completely shameless bullshit, like picking up a ball inside many tackle zones, or dodges into tacklezones. Few things feel better than running right through a screen your opponent has carefully set up, as if it was not there at all.
>>
>>45320109
> 5 ag allows you to pull off some completely shameless bullshit

I had a 5 AG Hobgoblin with leap two years back. Never was there a more hated or misnamed player in our league as Mr Fumbles.
I've legitimately had opponents not use their wizard because they only wanted to use it to lightning bolt him and him alone.

I proceeded to win without him.
>>
>>45319989
I loved playing against bloated chaos
>tfw I have so much guard they can't 2dB
>mfw I pomb them and they can't retaliate
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

Gfi time
>>
>>45322274
RNG bullshit, Nuffle pls
>>
File: Blood-Bowl-Box-Art.jpg (226KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Bowl-Box-Art.jpg
226KB, 873x627px
I made another thread, but Wayne England the artist has passed away. Absolutely loved a lot of his 40k work.

He was responsible for the famous box art, the trophy on the cover of the rulebook, and all the team logos and other work inside.
>>
>>45322638

RIP. His old art practically set the tone for the wacky fun that is Blood Bowl
>>
>>45322638
He's easily one of my favorite GW artists.
>>
Whats the best scroll, Halflings Bonehead on all enemy players, Chorfs +1st to all your players or one of the other ones?
>>
File: 1314023541176.jpg (102KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1314023541176.jpg
102KB, 894x894px
>Bought BB2 on sale
>Looked cool after watching a few videos of it
>Turns out I don't have the autism for it
>Played over 2 hours

Welp
>>
>>45324603
Should have tried it for free on FUMBBL first or played it tabletop (if you have a local group in your area).
>>
>>45324603
Oh, it's this guy again.
>>
File: 1415458780625.jpg (70KB, 695x407px) Image search: [Google]
1415458780625.jpg
70KB, 695x407px
>>45324679
>>
Which team is av7 team is more fun to play Pro Elves or Norse? I have ideas for both and I can't decide which one I want to play more.
>>
>>45324785
if you want to play elves with av 7 then play wood elves and if you want to be a poor mans amazon then play norse.
>>
>>45305318
Newbie to blood bowl here, currently playing Blood Bowl 2 and I don't really have a good introduction to playing the game.
Is there any guide in the OP you would heavily suggest or any tips from teh anons here?
>>
>>45324785
Pro Elves are more of a passing team, and all the typical elf stuff applies - you try not to be in a position to get hit, and team-wide AG4 helps you play the ball well even if you start losing elves.

Norse play like fast Dwarves that give up high AV for better movement. The thing about Norse is that you can't play nearly as elfy so you trust more in your team-wide Block to prevent your players from getting knocked down, and team-wide strength access and a couple of 4ST players helps you out if you end up running out of men. In practice this doesn't always end up being as consistent as the elf method and Norse games can be very swingy.
>>
>>45325412
fug I replied to the wrong post, meant to reply to OP
also I have a bretonnian team.
>>
>>45325412
You can play the full game for free on FUMBBL, and it has all 21 teams vs. BB2's 8; although BB2 does look a lot nicer. It's a pity that people don't bother to look up the game before they buy - mistakes like >>45324603 can be easily avoided by trying the game on FUMBBL first or in a local tabletop league.

As for general guides, FUMBBL's strategy guide is a good place to start:
http://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of+Blood+Bowl%3A+A+Condensed+Guide+for+Newbies
If you prefer video format, cknoor covers much of the same thing (see the playlist in the OP).

I think this guide was forgotten in the OP:
http://pastebin.com/6Y2EQ1mS
This one covers team selection with an emphasis on which teams will teach the game best. In short - if you're new, play Humans or Orcs to start. They're average teams that can do a bit of everything.
>>
>>45325534
I've already gotten 120+ hours out of it, what I'm looking to do is to get good at it.
>>
>>45325534
If you need further guides, FUMBBL also has a collection of racial strategy and rosters:
http://fumbbl.com/help:Strategy

Another great site is BBTactics.com; lots of solid advice on how to skill and develop players.
>>
>>45325571
Play the game with better opponents is the number 1 suggestion I have. If you're still just playing random matchmaking it will be hard to measure your improvement; you generally don't get to play the same opponent again, and you don't really have anyone watching or debriefing your game.

I suggest trying to join an actual structured league with some sort of group stage/swiss/round robin format and a playoff. There's a small /tg/ BB2 group that's running tournaments and a larger FUMBBL one. There's a small group of players in each who enjoy spectating the games and who you can hit up for feedback. What's more, because you play the same set of opponents regularly you can learn as a group and actually measure your improvement in a much more meaningful way - a good player might steamroll you initially, but as you get better you will notice you perform better in your matches against him.
>>
>>45325571
>>45325850
The other thing to do is to try and review replays of games you've played - both the ones you did well and the ones you did poorly. Try and track your play and see where you made mistakes - or alternately, where you could have optimized your play (perhaps you made a pass when a handoff was sufficient, or perhaps you could have done actions in a different, less risky order).

A lot of BB is pattern recognition - identifying the least risky way to execute a particular objective, so reviewing your past games allows you to train that skill. You can also train this skill by spectating other games as well, especially of players who are better than you. Watch players and try to second-guess their actions or at least try to identify why they take the actions they do.
>>
>Be Humans against chaos
>Prevent him scoring in the fist half.
>Can't score on your drive because none of the 4kos came back.
>>
>>45325992
Literally what are you doing? As humans you have a massive speed advantage and should have a big guard/pomb advantage vs chaos
>>
File: asdasdasd.jpg (13KB, 736x62px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.jpg
13KB, 736x62px
Right.

I know dropouts aren't an alien concept, indeed compared to Reddit's league of similar size we've had miles less, but it's a pain in the arse in the Swiss format.

We have two options

1) As Big_Moth has already experienced, anyone who draws the Caledor Leatherheads gets a Forfeit in their favour, which is basically a free Win without the SPP or Money you would get from a Concession

2) Another filler team like the Rookie one I run.
>>
>>45326129
Why don't we promote 13,5 elfen in Zamonien to the big boys league?
>>
>>45326184
You can't remove a team, even if that team is moved up we would need another team in the rookie league.
>>
>>45326249
Nah, Mauled has a team in the rookie league, you could just get rid of Mauled's team and move a rookie team up. Then both leagues would have even numbers
>>
>>45326270
You can't remove a team, only replace.
>>
>>45326184
top kek, just wait til i play against caged maniacs and you will wonder what am i even doing in the league with 2 players left alive
>>
got dubs on a DE blodge blitzer, what should i go for? have a str4 witch elf so idk if i need the MB, guards probably the better choice yeah?
>>
>>45326295
But if we move you up, I'll go from 4th place to third and without mauled, second and if I am in second I get to be in the playoffs :^)

>>45326291
And is there no way to set the rookie league so it's just mauled v mauled for the rest of the round?
>>
>>45326341
Both are good, I personally would go guard as it is safer. But mighty blow can ruin an AV7 team's day.
>>
>>45326341
MIGHTY BLOWWWW
>>
>>45326341
MB if you plan on doing a lot of blitzing with the blitzer (since nobody is going to stay close to an MB blitzer) - remember that it's basically -1AV, so AV8 becomes AV7 and so forth.

However if the Witch ends up doing most of the blitzing on the team it's probably better to stick with Guard, and Guard will probably win you more games if you don't have any other sources of it. A Blodging Guard is very difficult to dislodge, especially if he lives long enough to get Sidestep.
>>
>>45326095
Except i didn't because it's my third match with the team and it was my catcher and two blitzers out.
Not saying it was impossible or anything but it required someone who is better than me probably.
>>
>>45326129
I'm willing to go with Forfeits; but on the flip side since the Leatherheads are so low it's likely the teams who draw them are going to be the ones who need the SPP and cash more.

As an alternative:
3) Run a filler team in the Leatherheads spot (preferably HE, but can be anything), but concede every game (rather than playing it out).

It would mean having to schedule a specific time to meet up for a match just to concede it, but this allows you to do a "proper" concession, with both MVPs and winnings awarded, rather than a forfeit. There's also no chance of this team making it into playoffs either.
>>
>>45326437
>However if the Witch ends up doing most of the blitzing on the team
shes doing a fair bit of it, but i dont really pick one guy whos doing the blitzing usually, depends on the situation, all 4 blitzers and even my runner do their share
>>
>>45326493
In that case, probably Guard. The thing with Mighty Blow is that you really have to commit to doing as much blitzing as possible with the player that has it in order for it to really pay off. Any turn you aren't hitting someone with MB is a turn that MB is "wasted". Obviously you probably will never use MB all 16 turns, but the more turns you can use it the better.

Guard is much more versatile and flexible - the player just has to be standing in a scrum.
>>
>be gobbo
>Attempt 1turn
>Good scatter but not good enough to 1turn
>Rat bases my guy with diving tackle
>Throw second gobbo

>Hits him square in the back of the head, badly hurting him and killing the gobbo
PRAISE NUFFLE
>>
>>45326129
RIP caledor leatherheads.
>>
>>45326486

The only problem with this is the FUMBBL mods. They see someone conceding every game, or using multiple accounts, and they'll ban them.

>>45326362

>And is there no way to set the rookie league so it's just mauled v mauled for the rest of the round?

Nope.
>>
>>45326702
>Humans vs Chaos
>Overnumbered and badly positioned. Only thrower and ogre not based.
>Opponent starts rolling terribly.
>I see it now nuffle.
>Move to sideline and handover to ogre. He catches it.
>Opponent bases the ogre, can handover and score with another guy.
>Do not deny Nuffle's will and attempt to do the 4+ dodge. Bonehead.
>It's all ogre.
>Opponent first block is skull.
>Free up ogre and walk in to score.
>>
>>45326957
Concession abuse only applies to [R] and [B] divisions though, I thought. In League you're free to do whatever.
>>
File: 475186.png (123KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
475186.png
123KB, 360x450px
>>45326129
here's to you ayylmao and the Caledor Leatherheads, you'll be missed and I hope you can come back soon, I personally loved your team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc
>>
>>45327068
I made his team art thing. RIP
>>
>>45326957
>>45327055
To add on to this, League is precisely the place for dicking around with practice games with friends, doing friendlies, private leagues, etc.

Generally the site-wide rules apply only to the "competitive" divisions, [R], {B], and Stunty. Mods generally don't get involved in private leagues at all, and if they do it's only to enforce rules against illegal content, profanity, etc.

Now if you try to apply to a League with a team that concedes a lot it's within the League commissioner's discretion as to whether it will get accepted, but in this case *you're* the League commissioner so you set the rules.
>>
>>45327127

I guess. I've never really had to look into all the [L] stuff, I just know what they can be like over there some times with rules.

I've decided anyway, Big_Moth bless him has already been fucked for SPP, but at least he got a free win out of it.

In the spirit of "everyone gets a game", there'll be another filler team. LogicsFate has already volunteered his services, but I'd rather it was a random (rolled in thread) TV1000 team, and he hasn't got back to me yet on that.
>>
File: asdas.png (338KB, 949x799px) Image search: [Google]
asdas.png
338KB, 949x799px
Rolled 7 (1d25)

Rolling
>>
>>45327391
Well if Logics is up to play Pro Elf we'll finally have the full spectrum of Elf representation.
>>
>>45327427

I've PMed him asking as much. If not, or if I don't get anything back, any other coach is welcome to make a fresh TV1000 Pro Elf team for the filler. I'll post in morning if so.
>>
>>45327472

I'm responding. Pro Elf, or the return of Big and Little(The other lizard team). What would people prefer?
>>
>>45327702

Elves, before someone shitposts about Lizzies.
>>
>>45327702
Being the vet league and considering it would be a returning team, I see no issue in you playing with your lizards and I would actually like it just to see em again, but at the same time you're also free to apply with a new team, I don't think I necessarily agree with having your new team be pro elves as decided by a roll though, I think if you were to make a new team you should choose whatever race you want
>>
>>45327791

>There is every going to be an end to Lizard shitposting

Having a bad Lizard team in the tournament helps show they are not OP?
>>
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>45327702

It's just going to be a bunch of concessions so it doesn't exactly matter which.

If you're ok with a bunch of loss marks on Big and Little I suppose you can choose that if you want.
>>
>>45327996

>Guard

Confused, mostly.
>>
>>45328027
>its just going to be concessions

Wait, why? Thats dumb
>>
Would making sneaky git be able to re enter the game on a 4+ roll OR act as guard for fouls instead it's current ability make it OP?
>>
>>45328027
I think you misread,the filler team will play if i didn't misread myself
>>
>>45328130

The filler team plays. It just can't go to the playoffs, even if it ranks that highly.
>>
>>45327702
I'm okay with either. Bring whichever team you'd rather play.
>>
>>45328249

I'll let Mauled make the final decision. I'd be okay either way.
>>
>>45328046
Theres only so many usable STR skills on a fanatic anon
>>
>>45328330

I'll start making a Pro team, in case Mauled decides that. Now to think of a theme.
>>
>>45328875
Famous rapists and or famous racists
>>
>>45328875
Really racist names, but change them to blood bowl terms like Giga Niggler or Punch Monkey, actually this would be better for a simion team
>>
>>45328919
Call them Therapists, and make the rapists names also puns about physiological disorders
>>
>>45328919

>Might as well be rape victims.

I'm thinking Missile related. I really want to name the Thrower "Taepodong-1"
>>
>>45329001
Make Bill Cosby a positional
>>
File: BB general.jpg (10KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
BB general.jpg
10KB, 273x185px
>>45329001
>>45328983
>>45328919

Jesus
>>
>>45329001

Therapists is already taken.
>>
My gobbo team has perfected the art of the 'Long range foul' our AG2 Strong Arm Accurate Troll throws one of our 0/6 linos at someone, who then takes an armor roll.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

Dodge roll to escape rapist elves.
>>
How late can you wait to pick your mans before the first game of a league? Like in theory in the /tg/ fumbbl league could someone take 10 guys and then hire the last guy after finding out their opponent but before the start of the first game?
>>
>>45331571
Remember anon, it's not rape if it's an elf
you slut
>>
Did anyone copy-pasta the anon's "hate all races but humans" posts where he talked shit about each race?
>>
>>45332354

https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/45173525/#q45188179
>>
>>45331649
Can't be done on FUMBBL for the first match. A team has to be "Ready to Play" before it can be entered into a group or tournament - once you've readied a team for play no further changes can be made to it.

However for subsequent games you can wait until your opponent is drawn to make any purchases - and there's nothing in the rules against this; in fact I'd say, and I think most veteran players would agree that it's a very important part of overall league strategy to develop your team in accordance with what you're facing. The order of your matchups often will change the relative importance of skills to face and managing your skill-ups in a league context makes for much more varied and interesting builds.

There's much less of a standard cookie cutter aspect to team-building in a league vs. perpetual play - your team ends up developing a lot more uniquely as a result, and many skills that might be otherwise marginal or late picks in perpetual may become very important, such as Tackle or Strip Ball.
>>
>>45331649
We have to submit a team/race to join the league so last minute changeups are harder. You can however wait to do skill rolls/purchase new players/etc until right before you do your match.
>>
Why do you hate Lizardmen more then Dorfs /tg/?
>>
>>45334778
Youd have to be retarded to hate lizards more than dwarfs.
>>
>>45334831
You'd have to be a lizard to not hate lizards
>>
>>45334904
Youd have to be a dwarf to not hate them the most.
>>
>>45334778
I actually fear Necromantic in the hands of a good player more. Lizards are scary but most other teams out-skill them at equivalent TVs.

Necromantic's main weakness is that it's hard to have the right players in the spot where you want them, but really good coaches plan a few turns ahead and always seem to have that Werewolf/Wight/Flesh Golem/Ghoul in the worst possible spot for you.
>>
>>45329107
>AG2 Strong Arm Accurate
uhm? Why? You do know that all TTM rolls are inaccurate no matter how high you roll?
>>
>>45335465
You still need to make a +4 to launch the player at ag1 I think. Strong arm makes it a +3 and accurate a +2. But yeah, with ag2 it is a bit excsessive. Should have turned the accurate dubs into pass instead. I guess he can still make +2 TTMs in a tacklezone at least.
>>
My human team got a + strength lineman, should I give him mighty blow or block?
>>
>>45335957
Do you want him to hurt people or reliably throw blocks?
>>
>>45335957
Block is the best murder skill in the game. Block is also in general the best. Which is why Wrestle is the best.
>>
>>45335957
Id pick guard over mb for that piece. ST4 + guard is super good. Your blitzers can become killers far easier.
>>
>>45335957
give him guard and block
>>
>>45336003
>>45335981
>guard on a human lineman
Dreams are only dreams
>>
>>45336018
if you think about giving him mighty blow you have rolled doubles
>>
>>45335957
Personally I would get him Block first. Mighty Blow only helps if you can bring people down, and Block improves your chances of knocking people down. Many of the things you will want to kill with Mighty Blow come with Dodge - in which case Block improves the odds of downing them; or Block, in which case Block reduces the chance of a turnover.

Block also makes him a lot more annoying to handle - a -2db against no Block is very manageable with a RR if all you need is a push, but becomes much more difficult if the ST4 guy you're trying to move has Block.

As an alternative, you might consider Wrestle (and never go near Mighty Blow). A high strength Wrestler is handy because many teams usually run the ball on a player that has Block and/or Dodge, and it improves the odds of bringing down both equally well. On the flipside you do lose a lot of strength when he uses wrestle and it may tempt the opponent to foul him.
>>
>>45336065
Or as others have noted - if you've rolled doubles for MB, then you can also select Guard. In which case you've essentially got a +2MA Black Orc Blocker for about the same TV as a Blorc, which is amazing.
>>
>>45335696
>the player at ag1
that's the thing Agi 2 only changes at what point you make an accurate throw and since you do not have any chance of makeing an accurate throw Agi 2 is totally useless.
>>
>>45336096
Well fuck, i guess ogres arent as good at TTM as i thought.
>>
>>45336211
>i guess ogres arent as good at TTM as i thought.
they don't eat the person they are supposed to throw. The best thrower is the treeman since he comes with strong arm.
>>
>>45336232
Yeah, but i used to put ogre on the same level of TTM game as the treeman because of the ag2. Bonehead is still a bit annoying for ttm game unlike take root.
>>
>>45334778
Because dorfs are so easy to beat and kill. All you need to beat dorfs is kick and ma 7
>>
>Blood Bowl is a board game of fantasy football made by Games Workshop. You need to own a copy to use the JavaBBowl program, so you should know the answer to this question already. Run out to your local games store and buy a copy or order it at www.Games-Workshop.com.

Wait, really? I am really not interested in paying for something like that. I would get no use of it, it's why I bought blood bowl games too.
>>
>>45336469
not really, it's just to cover their asses from GW
>>
>>45336469
Is this a joke? Or are you really that retarded?
>>
Edgy vs faggotry, Naggarond Knife Ears vs Buddhist Elves, thursday 20:00 server time
>>
Should I make a bret team with 3 blitzers and 9 peasants and foul the shit out of everyone? Sounds like fun for the NAF and high tv chaos teams due to having 9 fucking peasants.
>>
>>45337704
3 blitzers are too expensive also they don't develop into anything good.
get 4 blockers 2 Blitzers and 7 Peasants and then foul to your hearts content. Also never go over 1400 tv
>>
>>45338005
Im not trying to devlop the team into anything, my whole plan is to get 2rr and drop one after I get leader and get dirty player on all peasants and cut them if they get another level. Maybe ill go down to 2 blitzers and get a blocker after a few games. This team isn't for winning the game, it's for winning the murder bowl.
>>
>>45337704
1 if you want to foul i would get to 13 14 players consisering peasants tend to break fast
2 you might want to consider to get something like 1 noble 2 yeos so you can both bash harder, which goes well with fouling, and feel more flavourful(at least i think these two points apply)
>>45338005
Or you can just do like these if you want to try going on the efficient side,but it seemed from your post you just wanted something funny
>>
what the fuck was GW thinking when they made the lizardmen team?
>>
>>45339467
fuck off
>>
File: Frogwerwolf.png (629KB, 686x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Frogwerwolf.png
629KB, 686x1486px
In one hour at 20:00 Server time Frogs will meet Werewolves.

The werwolves already did some testing how a lycanthrope curse would work on a frog
>>
>>45339863

Fuck,I did not need to know any of that. My fingers hurt now.
>>
>>45339863
Frug's Jumpers vs. Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea is live!
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=820782
>>
>>45339863
>frenzy slann blitzer is granted claw.
>>
So, actually honest question from Za Underwarudo coach
When is salt starting to kick in in bloodbowl?
>>
>>45341074
When your dude GFIs
>>
>>45341091
And he falls down and dies
>>
>>45341116
And you apo and he dies twice
>>
>>45341116
That's a blood bowl.
>>
>>45341157
In-tercepted by Kroooooxigor
>>
Are you pro Goblin Gambling Skub or anti Goblin Gambling Skub?
>>
>>45341122
and he had the ball and failed the GFI on the goal
>>
mods are asleep post ball and chain
>>
>>45341074
When teams play like they shouldn't. Bash plays like elves. Stunty starts bashing. Elves start punching well above thier weight. Dwarves have a passing game.
>>
>>45342220
This, but not them trying it. When it works and the Dwarf can pass left and right, making dodges. Elves or Skaven murdering your higher AV team. Stuff like that.
>>
When will the final rookies game be played? We don't want the vets to catch up to us!
>>
>>45326957

Don't they realize that this is a flaw with the way their system is set up? Or are they somehow averse to the idea of people getting free SPP on league forfeiture?
>>
>>45342768
working it out, we're in radicaly different timezones so one of us is going to be playing at an ungodly hour but it's looking to be this weekend
>>
>>45342807
>being an Australian in the /tg/ league

I know that feel guys
>>
File: 4f88288fd7c52ec55a7f08e60b9f98d5.jpg (974KB, 1104x1557px) Image search: [Google]
4f88288fd7c52ec55a7f08e60b9f98d5.jpg
974KB, 1104x1557px
Stat a catgril team
>>
>>45342943
Amazons but replace catch with frenzy and pass with sure hands.
>>
>>45343030
Give the blitzers MB and Claw instead of Blodge?
>>
>>45342943

Ag4 and some unique starting skills like claw and/or leap on select pieces. But a reverse thick skull on all pieces to represent their frail and feminine nature, so they'd get KO'd on 7-9 rather than 8-9. Base AV7, 8 on blitzers and perhaps catchers.
>>
>>45343055
Claw dodge
>>
File: cabalvision.jpg (41KB, 338x273px) Image search: [Google]
cabalvision.jpg
41KB, 338x273px
McMurty's Mid-Week Update; Rookie Edition!

Investigations into the mysterious disappearance of the Caledor Leatherheads continue this week, with local authorities confirming that drug abuse may have been involved. With that news out of the way let's get to the matches so far this week!

Frug's Jumpers vs. Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea (2-2): With the Top 6 in the Veteran's League getting hotly contested the Jumpers were able to steal Tilea's first drive with an amazing negative-strength block. A crucial misplay on the Jumpers final turn of defence however let Tilea salvage the half for a 1-1 tie. A bonehead by team Krox Frug nearly undid the Jumper drive in the second half, but the Slann managed a shaky touchdown. With two turns to go the Necromantic team rallied, inflicting enough casualties on the Slann to keep them from stopping the touchdown to tie out the game.

Big Bad Evil Guys vs. Wissenburg White Lions (1-2): A great example of human versatility at it's finest - or the dangers of unassisted blocks! The White Lions ran rings around the Evil Guys in the first half, but the BBEGs great strength reaped a toll in the human casualty box. Things were looking grim late in the second half, with the humans down to 8 players with only 4 turns to score, but a critical failed block by Marauder Miles Mayhem gave the White Lions an opening to get the ball to safety and score for a win.

Biblical Dwarves vs. ZaUnderWarudo (1-0): Like the other Underworld game this week ZaUnderwarudo brought a heat wave with them, which had few effects on the ultimate outcome of this game. Tremendous risks by the Biblical Slayers allowed them to grind the ball down the pitch for one TD, then a final risky -2db blitz completely dashed ZaUnderWarudo's hopes of tieing out the game.
>>
File: kroxade.png (23KB, 515x491px) Image search: [Google]
kroxade.png
23KB, 515x491px
>>45343746
13.5 Elfen in Zamonien vs. River Styx Runners (2-1): A sweltering scorcher of a day barely slowed down either of these two teams, with a ferocious Zamonien defence stealing a Runner drive taking an early lead for a 2-1 win.

Fruitimals vs. Mordheim Maimers (2-1): The death scream of a Snotling is a cherished childhood memory and tykes watching this game got an earful! The Fruitimals slaughtered the Maimer's Snotling squad, leaving the team's remaining Ogres confused and unclear of the purpose of the ball, allowing them to take the game 2-1. Our pick for the bloodiest match of the week!

Maximum Marvelous Maiden vs. Monkey Majik (2-1): A furious scrimmage between a pair of alliterative teams, with Maiden taking a fast score early in the 1st half but falling before the Majik's grinding offense. The Majik offense falls apart in the second half when the Simyin fatally underestimate the power of vampire voodoo - a hypnotized linemen lets Tricky Tulip Takara-chan simply stroll into a cage to badly hurt ball carrier Oingo Boingo, resulting in an all-out battle for the ball throughout the second half which eventually sees the Vampires pry the ball loose to score.

Doomstar Requiem vs. Froggy Fractions (2-0): There's not much to say here - this is a grueling, grinding exhibition of classic Blood Bowl, with both teams locked tight in a shoving match across 16 turns and watching the blocks fly (or fail!). Despite several gutsy plays by the Fractions, Doomstar Requiem was just in its element for this game and ran a clinic on the frogs in Chaos Dwarf grinds, taking a 2-0 win. Armchair coaches, this is a match to watch the replay of - see if you can do any better at sorting out the complicated scrums!
>>
File: bloodweiser.jpg (9KB, 300x80px) Image search: [Google]
bloodweiser.jpg
9KB, 300x80px
>>45343792
Caged Maniacs vs. Talabheim Buffoons (2-0): The Caged Maniacs welcomed a new zombie to their ranks on turn 1 this game - Red Rab, former Dark Elf lineman! Things were just downhill from there for the Buffoons as they badly underestimated the speed of the Caged Werewolves, providing several wide open areas for them to flank the ball carrier from the rear and allowing the Maniacs to steal the ball once again in the 2nd half for a 2-0 win.

South City Scum vs. My Little Arsenal (2-0): The halfling slaughter continues this week; the Scum successfully baited the halflings into an overcommitment on defence, allowing them to get the ball safe with a handoff and giving the Scum an entire half to simply inflict pain and suffering on the Arsenal. Even though the Arsenal bench was large enough to absorb the losses, intense pressure from the Scum, and the unfortunate rooting of both MLA Trees, allowed them to steal the ball again and score for a 2-0 shutout.

That's it for this week's update. Replays are as always available from your local Cabalvision provider!
>>
>>45342943
0-16 Werecat 7 2 4 7 Jump up GA
0-4 Werwolf 8 3 3 8 Claw Frenzy Regeneration GA
0-2 Werebear 4 5 1 8 Loner Really Stupid MB Thick Skull Grab S
>>
>>45343855
I would play that. The linos would probably be pretty cheap too since 2st
>>
Come Thursday 21:00 server time for a nice, relaxing match
One Night Rack vs Red Fang Rockets
We're going to have a fun time
>>
>>45344141
3 matches in a row now for the Vets League on Thursday, whoa.
>>
>>45344333
Gotta step it up
>>
>>45344333
it would actually be nice if the matches started 1 hour and a half after the previous one, give or take depending, so we can watch them all from start to finish

if the coaches are okay with it
>>
Mauled has decreed I be the veteran league pro-elf shaped punching bag.

Please be gentle Senpais.

Also I need phallic symbol and/or missile related puns. My first replacement elf will probably be named Cruz. Unless I get something better.
>>
>>45344003
they are 50k Werewolf 120k Werebear 110k
>>
>>45344333
Thursday night is Cerberus night on Cabalvision
>>
>>45343855

That is going to be a pretty expensive team.
>>
>>45344333
Well damn, I will be working when those games happen.
>>
>>45344448
Watch that Austin Powers scene for dick names.
>>
My team only has 2 levelups, both normals, But its TV is around 1120, My math shows it should only be in the 1020-1060 range
Any ideas where its coming from?
>>
>>45345278
Fan Factor?
>>
>>45345278
APO?
>>
>>45345278
If youre in BB2 your treasury goes into it.
>>
>>45345278
a picture could help
>>
>>45345566
I got 1120

did you forget rerolls and or apo?
>>
>>45345660
Im probably just bad at math
>>
>>45345278
>
>>45345566

You are not giving the 50 for the APO and the 10 for the FF.
>>
since we all agree that lizardmen are OP and need a nerf, how do we actually nerf them?
>>
>>45347101
Sauras cost 10K more
>>
>>45347101
Make them not do everything ogres do but 100% better.
Thread posts: 244
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.