[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmahordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 25

File: protectorate_banner.png (571KB, 1091x358px) Image search: [Google]
protectorate_banner.png
571KB, 1091x358px
Pretty sure I'm one of three anons who makes these threads edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / 5f980
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>Pretty sure I'm one of three anons who makes these threads edition.

Good for you because I never save the OP
>>
>>45285623
I started to after the thread going down and not being replaced for 3 days.
>>
>>45286280
It's called the winter blues.

Cons are dead, no new steamroller, no model surprises.
>>
Is there a faction that generally has easier-to-paint models than others?
>>
>>45286638
I'm tempted to say convergence cause you can spray them silver and you're halfway done
>>
>>45286638
Depends on what your issues are.
if you hate faces Menoth and cephalyx are up your alley.
if you have fat hands, trolls are easy because they are so chunky.
minions are easy for dipping.
ret is easy with air brushes.
legion goes with every color if you don't know color theory.

Pick your poison
>>
Ordered an aradus sentinel and bellows crew. How did I do?
>>
>>45286638
I mostly agree with what >>45286746 said.
Anyway, Convergence and Retribution have really easy to paint 'jacks, but their troops are pretty much like anyone else's.
>>
So how does everyone feel about these platoons / narrative additions they've been teasing? Do you think it'll revitalize the meta?
>>
>>45287883
I think the overwhelmingly negative reaction at my local meta has permanently pushed me towards other games for the mean time.

Ughhhh … Self Imposed Exile ftl.
>>
>>45287883
I do want a casterless format if possible. I think hordes fuck up that possibility though.
>>
Who is Imoren's hottest couple, and why is is Gaspy and Denny?
>>
>>45287883
It depends on how good the units are.

Some of them just don't seem very good out of the gate, like Convergence's.
>>
>>45286746
>ret is easy with air brushes.
Man, I wish I could airbrush stuff.
>>
I'm just now starting to learn about the game and I'm still trying to pick a faction. After watching a few games the other day at my LGS I've got some of the basics as far as rules go. Only bad thing is it looks like we have like 4 cryx players out of about 12. What faction is decent with dealing with a lot of little guys along with just being fun in general? I keep hearing how Cryx is the boogeyman so I want to be sure I won't get my shit pushed in once I start to play. I was thinking Either Skorne or Legion. Though Gaters/Hogs would be really cool, I love their looks.
>>
>>45289359
Legion is the bigger bogeyman, take them to screw the cryx player
>>
>>45288341
Does pp ever get anything right out of the gate?

Personally I think it'll be good for introducing new players, war caster rules can be hard to learn right off the bat.

I hope they do something cool to make these lesser played models viable when run as a platoon. Which I know is the INTENTION but I hope they succeed.
>>
>>45289835
You know those are league stuff, right?

Not for regular play.
>>
>>45289359
Pick Cryx, the hero the setting diserves
>>
>>45286709
I'd agree with this, but it's balanced pit by the fact that convergence has the most pain in the ass models to put together in the game. Assembling 3 units of clockwork angels really makes you appreciate your axis teir list tho.
>>
>>45290051
This^^ plus it's a narrative league, so the platoons are going to get various bonuses over the course of the event for balance sake
>>
>>45289359
The real "boogeyman" at any lgs is the neckbearded faggot who decides to get an entire army just to have a specific advantage over his local meta.

Play what you want, but out of what you listed I'd suggest minions. Gatormen are really solid right now with croak raiders and even before that they have essentially the best battle engine in the game.
>>
>>45292236
Any hordes faction has it great right now because of Fury and croaks.

Anyone who techs against the local meta is pretty easy to counter tech.
>>
Anyone have MKI art for prime casters ¿

I'm mainly curious how Skarre used to look.
>>
>>45293763
The design of the Mk1 and the Mk2 art are basically the same.

Mk2 art is just in color and more dynamically posed.
>>
>>45293763
Its in the OP. The MK1 art in Apotheosis is where its at imho
>>
File: goreshade.png (1MB, 629x857px) Image search: [Google]
goreshade.png
1MB, 629x857px
>>45293763
>>
>>45289359
If you go the Skorne route they can support the hell out of most Minions units, too
>>
>>45286746
What if my hands are shaking profusely?
>>
>>45288308
I see what you did there.
>>
>>45295655
Then you brace yourself
>>
>>45295671
Speaking of Apotheosis, I just re read their fluff bits (love the hand holding).

It drives me crazy that there were only like 10 pages of fluff in the new book. I think Colossals had the last cool stuff in it.
>>
>>45287883
I don't really care much for the league stuff, but that's only because all the league players in my store are fedora warriors who you can't have a normal/comfortable conversation with.
>>
Anyone have any good matches?
>>
>>45298340
Oh yes. We had a small tournament and my highlight was a very tense game against Borka2. I don't know why Troll players dislike that caster, probably because he takes a lot of practice. He can do a lot of shenannigans between counter charge and his feat.
>>
>>45298340
I had a pretty funny game last week, psaeryn vs butcher 3. We figured it would be over fast but when he engaged my caster it was just a big wet noodle fight, he missed on 5 out of 8 attacks. Unfortunately I missed on the last roll I needed to finish him, but it it was a really funny game for everyone to watch.
>>
>>45298659
>he missed on 5 out of 8 attacks
How did he not kill her in 3 hits?
>>
>>45298718
Nothing but battlegroup, exactly 3 transfers, no where else left for him to engage other units on us becauee there were 2 beasts next to us
>>
>>45298820
So he didn't cast Silence of Death?
>>
>>45298843
I was watching that game, and the Butch3r player essentially forgot/thought that more Flashing Blades would get him there. The PSaeryn player also missed a boosted attack with an Angelius needing a 5 to hit. Essentially, both players had whole turns of bad dice.
>>
>>45298920
Well, it's okay I guess. It always brings a smile to my face when someone survives a Butcher3 to the face.
>>
Rate my abs2 list. Just trying stuff out, I really like how high I can get the arm of my beasts and bait the fuck out of people with an arm 22 carni or arm 23 Zuriel. Obviously I prefer to bait with the carni but I like having the option.

50/50
Abs2
Succubus
Scythean
Carnivean
Zuriel
Seraph
Raek
Raek
Shredder
Forsaken
Forsaken
Shepherd

I feel like abs2 is one of the few casters who gets a lot of value from running a carni. I find you get more out of the succubus this way, too.

This is my armor cracking/assassination list. I like dropping it into most things save cryx. It's very durable, has huge threat ranges. I would love input on how to improve it, though. :)
>>
>>45299176
>Rate my abs
I'd say 7/10. The Succubus is useful, but also very afraid of Absylonia. I'm not convinced of Zuriel. You'll probably use the list to crack armor and a Scythean just does it better.
>>
>>45299227
It's pretty easy to keep the succubus out of abom. Abs needs her to keep up fortify and throw out an extra spiny/tenacity. Zuriel was added because I wanted to be able to threaten my opponent without getting in melee, and specifically threaten infantry. I've found it to be better than a ravagor. Also ensures abs can kill 3 infantry under feat turn for the low cost of 1 fury (amazing animus). I love. How abs2 allows me to run a lot of extra utility due to her incredible feat.
>>
>>45299351
>It's pretty easy to keep the succubus out of abom.
But she also ahs to stay within 5" of your designated teleport spot. And NEVER enter the 3" circle around Absylonia, while getting to her animus target and keeping the relevant beast in her CMD. If terrain is involved, this can really fuck up her day. But I guess if it's working for you.

Have you thought about Deathstalkers, the Pot or Wasps? Maybe instead of the second Raek?
>>
>>45298920
I think he made the right decision, because with his feat turn, under normal circumstances he would have wiped my 2 largest transfer targets. Just bad rolls
>>
>>45299176
Zuriel would be good against high def armies because you could use his ani on abby, but I feel like you could get a lot more for your point value if you drop the carnivean/succubus another scythean would be great, and an angelius is always nice for killing heavies
>>
>>45285585
There's about 3 of us altogether, then a couple of other anons wander in by accident now and again.
>>
Guys not sure if the right place but, will post here, so I loved the fantasy game from GW never got in cause well insine prices and shitty balance, hate the matic war rules to simplistic. So since I don't have a 28mm fantasy game I can play I tough to myself well seems like I can have some funny skirmishes with this game.

So here comes the actual question I can find friend to play with but not to buy with so I tought maybe buy both starter sets from Warmachine & Hords are they balanced all 4 of the sarter armies? How could I make purshaces to get to 15 point level keeping those armies balanced, not building ! army cause I would have no one to play with
>>
>>45300573
The Hordes starter is generally agreed to be much better. Most of the stuff in there will be used in actual games lateron in some way or another. The Warmachine starter box is sadly rather bad.
>>
>>45295956
Shorter is better. Shit actually got done in the last two books
>>
>>45301018
More like stuff happened without much build up. I'd be fine with it if they released more shorts or novels (about characters I like/ don't involve fist-fighting an anthill).
>>
>>45301837
Fuck build up. We've had buildups for years. Get shit done
>>
>>45302457
I just want the Anthac to go back to Cryx
>>
Malachus, the Burning Truth
PoM Warcaster, Priest of the Incindium
Feora's left-hand minister of propaganda
Inspired by Cleansers and Kingpin from Daredevil
Med-based, "The Butcher of the Protectorate"
Massive staff/torch with spears on the end that makes fire
Has a book chained to his hand
He makes fires bigger
Feat is "Butcher-like" in its escalation of flames (additional damage die?)
"Cloaked in Ash" (has Ashen Veil?)
Broadside Bart-like influences his BG and gets more flames out of his warjacks

Ragnar Skysplitter
Trollkin Runeshaper warlock
One of the largest trollkin warlocks
2-handed maul made from a shattered krielstone
Scrolls on his back, gesturing up to the air
Makes explosive earthquakes
Rival to Doomshaper

Major Maddix, female warcaster
Stormknight warcaster
Small-based, BIG sword
Can shoot lightning from her sword as well
Protectorate POW, captured during invasion of Sul, released later

Bane Witch Agathea
Bane caster, buffs herself?
Spent time in the void
Grim Reaper as a hot woman, floating up on a skirt of souls, scythe/pole-axe
Angel-wings for her turbine
Gaspy-tall, but narrow.
Kaya2-like feat: yo-yo for battlegroup.

Tannith the Feralsong
Circle Warlock, Disciple of Wyrmwood
Staff weapon made of blades and the roots of Wyrmwood
Looks more like a blackclad, flowing cloak
Antithesis of Kaya - not nice to her beasts
"Circle Enforcer"
Cryx-like offensive magic

Magister Helena
"Miss Shyeel 2016"
Arcane Mechanik/myrmidon creator
Buffs her 'jacks, Ossyan's S.O.
Some Vyre Force-manipulation techniques

Beastmaster Zakaar
Skorne warlock
Had been shot in the face by Gunnbjorn in the fluff
Wielding two barbed whips with scorpion-tail stings
He's a weaponmaster who uses his whips for arcane purposes
Can transfer spells to targets he hits

Lord Khazlov, Vicount of Skarsgrad
Khador caster, giant axe, honorable/noble
Started as an Iron Fang warcaster

Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight
Legionairre caster with an athanc shard
Cloak-skirt like Legionairre
>>
>>45303379
2016: "The Year of the Gunmage"
Satyxis Gunsligners
Thorn Gunmages (Amethyst Rose) - assassins of the Llaelese resistance
Caine3 - connected to the B13 (late 2016 release)

And source: http://privateerpress.com/primecast/primecast-episode-27
>>
>>45303379
>>45303397
Confirmed info?
>>
>>45303759
Just check the source. As confirmed as possible.
>>
>moar banez

thank you based Toruk
>>
>>45303379
>Bane Witch Agathea
>Grim Reaper as a hot woman, floating up on a skirt of souls, scythe/pole-axe
>Angel-wings for her turbine

Gaaaaaaay. WTB Lich Lords Malathrax, Thallassina, Divinitous, or even Angorus aka the Cryx treasury secretary. I even made up a feat for him: Forensic Accountant- This model immediately removes focus and fury from enemy models in his control and converts it to focus.
>>
>Had been shot in the face by Gunnbjorn in the fluff
Oh yeah, I remember that now. People got annoyed that onlything gunny achieved was blowing up a no name warlock.

Neat

>
>>
File: 1450379476702.png (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1450379476702.png
22KB, 520x390px
>>45303379
>No lich lord mortenebra
>>
>>45304151
Well, if this Cain that they're talking about is Cain3 and not a resculpt of Cain2 that it mean we may see 2 casters per faction in one book.
>>
>>45304192
Lich Lord Mortenebra has already been mentioned in Mobius' flavor text so we're probably getting eMortenebra for the second caster.
>>
Did anyone read the Venethrax book? How was it?
>>
>>45303379
Now let's hope for a dwarf caster riding on a gunbunny.
>>
Since Agathea is described as narrow, I hope that she will be full metal. This requires the wings to be small though.
>>
>>45304296
Oh boy! It was retardsville. I was really excited to read it because Venethrax is a straight bad ass and I love any fluff pertaining to Cryx so I figured it would be up my ally-
Nope!

Basically he hears a rumor of a rumor that there might be some dragon activity down in wherever. Theres a naval battle, Venethrax 1v1s some cygnar schmuck, then he spends the rest of the book looking at fungus and plants and getting his ass kicked by an anthill. Finally Blighterghast shows up and laughs at him.

Other nitpicks that I didnt think worked that way-- Venethrax gets splashed with blood and it threatens to shut down his furnace. What kind of shoddy craftsmanship are they pulling in Skell? Thats crazy and stupid. Hes a lich lord not some slayer.
>>
>>45304401
I hope not. Re: wings on Terminus, Angels ect.
>>
>>45303379
Excited for Magister Helena. I hope the "Miss Shyeel" thing is a misnomer and she's actually a Vyre warcaster though.

The others all sound pretty sweet but I'm disappointed there's no mention of Minions at all. Hopefully that means either they weren't finalized or Epic Barny/Carver are coming.
>>
>>45304866
Nope, she's Shyeel, they said that for the long time she was labeled just Shyeel 2016, only recently they gave her a name.
>>
>>45305067
Didn't even bother giving her an elf-sounding name at that.
>>
ok, one of my mates has gotten into this;
I play Tau, Orks, W:tA Skin Dancers & CoG Bringers of Eternal Peace & Mass Effect's Synthesis ending.
What army should I main?
>>
>>45305379
bumping so ppl will see and answer me.
>>
>>45305379
go and perform glorious jihad instead of this game
>>
I'm getting kind of interested in Warmachine because I'm looking for an alternative to Warhammer, but I'm not 100% sold because of the ateampunk aesthetic.

Is Warmachine good for a beginner?
>>
>>45305463
Your question is meaningless.
everygame is same for beginners.
>>
>>45305379
Pick whatever you think looks cool, except pigs, gators and Convergance
>>
File: perhaps.jpg (7KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
perhaps.jpg
7KB, 224x224px
>>45305443
mayb I shouldn't buy extra shit, just to engage the monkey.
>>
File: 1454910643848.jpg (229KB, 1500x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1454910643848.jpg
229KB, 1500x1192px
>>45305629
Why not for each of them?
I enjoy Grondr and Mokole in oWod.
>>
>>45305545
Well I mean what's the appeal or whatever?
>>
>>45305083
>"Myrmidons" named after Greek monsters
>Helena not an elf name
>>
>>45305463
>but I'm not 100% sold because of the ateampunk aesthetic
Then play Hordes.
>>
>>45305896
The appeal is that balance is relatively good, rules are tight enough to not have arguments over, and it's popular enough to have a player in most wargaming stores.
>>
>>45305729
Limited selection and viability across the board
>>
>>45306011
Gunna have to agree with this guy. It's as much an elf name as any other it just doesn't have a half dozen Y's in it. Although until we see it written we don't kn ow. It could be Hellyna or some shiz.
>>
>>45305379
>>45305443
>>45306514
is there a chart for allies?
I'm thinking mayb Cryx & Criss.
>>
>>45306732
bump?
>>
>>45306732
No allies in the game.
>>
>Nihilators in the same battlegroup as Tyrant Zaadesh to make better use of the tag team ability, along with a beatstick beast like a Gladiator to keep Zaadesh fed with fury

Sound legit? 9MAT and PS14 with Berserk would rip through just about anything if even remotely clumped. and having reach makes it that much easier to get good use out of Tag Team. The Gladiator being in a side battlegroup is fine since your warlock never really casts Rush themselves anyway.
>>
>>45307081
Do you know what a battlegroup is? It's just the caster/lock, his unit if existent and his beasts/jacks.
>>
>>45307081
Zaadesh is the lesser warlock for Skorne. I was under the impression that in my 50pt list I'd have my main warlock's battlegroup, then Zaadesh's battlegroup.
>>
>>45307250
That is possible, but units are never part of a battlegroup. Warcaster/warlock units and warbeast packs are of course the exception to that.
>>
>>45307361
Ahhh okay. Reptile Hounds en masse it is then!
>>
>>45306732
Just pick Cryx. Cryss's selection is to limited.
No allies except mercs/minions
>>
>>45305629
Which really fucking sucks because I'm just now starting and I really love the looks of both pigs and gators!
>>
I am looking at the War Chest app for Android - there are two versions - one says War Chest, one says Hand Held - If I buy the regular version, will I be able to use on my tablet and my phone?

Thanks. New Skorne Player trying to get my trunk wet.
>>
>>45307793
You can use your account on up to 3 devices.
>>
>>45303379
>khador caster is ANOTHER guy with lots of armor and a big axe and probably an infantry caster

HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR KHADOR WARCASTERS BRO?
>>
File: for the motherland.jpg (84KB, 751x683px) Image search: [Google]
for the motherland.jpg
84KB, 751x683px
>>45308288
>play meme army
>when you don't like that faction's meme
why?
>>
Some more list bashing for my exponentially growing mercs army please...

I've started playing this game in around December and have settled down pretty well with my choice of army: mercs. Love the diversity and who paint Jacks differently and about bazillion ways to take gazillion things.

And foolishly decided to go to masters event... so I'm just getting bashed by my local club so hard to improve in game.

Anyway here is my CC heavy magnus list. Help cnc please

Magnus (not sure which version is batter)
+renegade
+renegade
Capt. McHorne & devil dogs (10)
+mangler
+mangler
Lady Aiyana & master Holt
Press ganger (10)
Doc Killsworth
Goblin speculator
First mate Hawke

Aim is just move up up up bash bash bash. But I'm facing against retribution next game with a colossus I think? Or the Phoenix spam.

Any idea or tactical advice on magnus?

Thanks
>>
>>45308288
Yeah one of my friends is like "oh great, another frontline skorne caster"
>>
>>45308612
I love Magnus 1. That being said, I'd never run two manglers on the devil dogs. The battlegroup I usually run with Magnus is two renegades, and then either a galleon or mangler and mule. If you're going for the ranged assassination you might want to bring along Taryn, and probably Dougal MacNaile for the range boost/Artillerist
>>
>>45308220
So which of the two versions should get?

Thanks for helping me sort this out.
>>
>>45309477
Either. Get handheld for your phone, or the regular for your tablet. Your purchases are linked to the account you make for it, not whatever device you download it for.
>>
>>45308922
>>45308288

I really hope they're psyching us out with how generically they described some of these casters.

Like the Cygnar, Khador, Cryx, Circle, Ret, and Skorne ones sound like either genderbent versions of existing casters(Maddox, Agathea, Helena) or existing casters with weapon swaps(Tannith, Xekaar, Khazlov).

So what I'm hoping is that the intent of these very basic descriptions totally throws people off how they will actually play.
>>
How worth it are the zweihanding exemplars?
>>
>>45309851

The only lists they appear in are Kreoss2 theme list and Harbinger lists where you Martyr like crazy to keep the last 1-3 Exemplar Knights alive for maximum benefit.

Other than that they seem really mediocre compared to almost every other Protectorate unit. The problem is that as a 6 man unit, they're ridiculously easy to take off the table in one turn. Even with the max ARM benefit from their ability, having only one wound means the last guy will almost certainly still die to low POW charges, and even to lucky POW 10s.
>>
>>45303379
Alongside this they also hinted at Satyxis with guns.

So Cryx will get access to solid shooting.

Why does PP sacrifice their game balance just in order to suck Cryx cock?
>>
>>45310046
>So Cryx will get access to solid shooting.
>Why does PP sacrifice their game balance just in order to suck Cryx cock?

Cryx have had Nyss Hunters for forever, they've always had access to solid shooting. Consider that outside three casters, Cryx has shit all for any sort of shooting support.
>>
>>45310272
They're fucking gunmages.

Cryx literally has no downside.

>Undead ignores many rules and spells.
>most efficient single-wound units in the game
>can easily run jack-heavy with Mortenbra and self fueling jacks

Trolls used to be the only things keeping Cryx in check, now with the recent Trolls nerf in the last errata that's not the case anymore.

I'm getting disillusioned with PP and the state of Warmachine. It's obvious that only the designers only care about keeping the dragon factions on top (and this is coming from someone that plays Legion).
>>
>>45310445

>getting assblasted over a Cryx unit when all you know is the name of it

Holy fuck I hope this is bait or I pray for your soul. Did you also stop to think about how much competition units have with each other in Cryx? They could be amazing in any faction but look like hot garbage when compared to Raiders, MechThralls, Banes, etc.
>>
>>45310533
>getting assblasted over a Cryx unit when all you know is the name of it
Gunmages generally offer an insane amount of utility. Cryx doesn't need more of it

>They could be amazing in any faction but look like hot garbage when compared to Raiders, MechThralls, Banes, etc.
That shows part of the problem. Cryx shit is so good that Cryx players scoff at getting new good units.

There are other factions that only have a handful of units good enough to even consider fielding, while Cryx is simply choosing the best of the best.
>>
>>45310671
>Gunmages generally offer an insane amount of utility. Cryx doesn't need more of it

Except you don't know if they're actually gun mages or just satyxis with guns. Seriously, they're called "Satyxis Gunslingers" not "Satyxis Blood Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers". The amount of conjecture you're pushing into this just blows my mind.

>b-but they said it was year of the Gunmage 2016!

Which might have more to do with official Laelese gun mages and Caine3 than it means that the Gunslingers are gunmages.
>>
>>45310836
http://privateerpress.com/primecast/primecast-episode-27 Skip to 24:00.

>"We have, like, gun mages across the board. In some weird places, too. Satyxis Gunslingers."
>>
>>45310445
What trollblood lists were keeping cryx in check?

Also all the units cryx uses are found in our forces of book. Its not as if we have gotten anything new since MKII (outside of casters) . Im just going to go ahead and predict rat5 on the satyxis and a release date of 2020.
>>
>>45311449
EE was capable of grinding down a hell of a lot of Cryx lists, since it could just shoot them off the table quite early.
>>
>>45311660
EE never really kept the faction in check. Its really like the other way around. Plus you act like Cygnar, Circle, Menoth and Legion don't exsist.
>>
>>45306522
>>45305083
Try spelling it Helynna.
>>
>>45311449
The broken ones that were nerfed with the last erratta. Smart play and tactics made it a game that Cryx could win, but everyone else suffered more than usual and Cryx didn't get knocked out of their usual skew.

But all this bitching because Cryx is getting a gun mage style unit? If there is anything to be worried about its the fact the the factions are getting more and more homogenous.

Which could be either good or bad depending on your competiveness/casualness.
>>
>>45311878
The problem of Cryx with guns is that one of Cryx's few remaining weaknesses across the faction is their inability to snipe out support models except with their caster spell slinging.

A unit with guns that are capable of actually doing work solves that entire issue for them, and the little advantage some factions against them had is now lost.
>>
>>45311917
We've had Merc options for ages. We have a solo hunter that is currently overpriced, but was bretty good.

Those didn't break the game.

Unless these suckers get snipe there is no reason to panic.
>>
File: 1369880164793.gif (447KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1369880164793.gif
447KB, 300x169px
>>45310445
So your complaining about feedback on pow10 guns?
sounds like you need to git gud
>>
so I'm going to be ordering a Journeyman warcaster for my Cygnar Army and was looking at a possible jack to attach to it, preferably one that really only needs 1-2 focus to be effective, so i can have a free focus to upkeep arcane shield on my stormguard.

Ideally I'd like it to be a light jack to conserve points so I have more room for additional units.

any ideas?

the firefly certainly looks interesting, as does the grenadier, I'm reluctant to grab a hunter as I'm already planning on attaching a hunter to the gun mages I plan on eventually getting.
>>
>>45312096
Anymore now the answer to "git gud" is to play Cryx and have a near auto-win against all but the mirror match.

Look at tournament results. Cryx wins more than any other faction.
>>
>>45310445
>most efficient single-wound units in the game
Cyriss says hi

How do you pronounce the name? I keep wanting to say "chris
>>
>>45312707
SIGH-RISS
>>
>>45312546
Mercs and trolls recieved 1st and second at the LVO.
>>
>>45312819
One tournament does not make the norm.
>>
>>45312819
Ret and trolls, my mistake

>>45312895
Well its the first big event after a major errata, for all the people claiming the sky is falling on the kriels
>>
>>45309541
Done - thank you!
>>
>>45312895
Yeah I'll cede the fact that Cryx is fairly easy to learn, but once you account for their tricks they are like any other faction.

It's the noob stomp faction but past that it takes some real skill to cut it with the top dawgs.

That said they make your first year of WMH miserable until you pick up how to fight them.
>>
>>45312462
Just make it a hunter. Jr can stay safer while still feeding it the 1-2 focus it needs each turn. But if you really don't want another hunter, make it a charger, it can get by with very little focus, and if you really need it to go ham, you can still load it with three with no burden on your caster.
>>
>>45314458
And a noob-stomp faction like that is terrible for the longevity of the game.

New players don't want to stay when most of their games are getting their shit kicked in by the local turbo-sperg.
>>
>>45307789
Gators are in a really good place right now, actually. Your lists won't have a ton of diversity, but Croak Raiders and Gatormen Posse are two of the most self-sufficient units in the game, and they really shine with the right buffs.
>>
>>45314644
question:

Minuteman warjack, thoughts?
>>
>>45314961

At least the worst turbo spergs pick up cygnar since they look like ultramarines
>>
>>45315160
>At least the worst turbo spergs pick up cygnar since they look like ultramarines
Fuck you.
>>
>>45312462
Defenders are a good jack that only needs 2 focus to make the most of its Heavy Barrel.
>>
>>45314961
But everything pushes your shit in when you're a noob. That's why we always test out ideas on the new kids, because they will probably be learning the same as us vets.

I dunno if Cryx is the issue. We've had terrible player attrition and no Cryx players to scare them away.
>>
>>45315541
Say 10 people start playing the game about the same time, all different factions and at least 1 Cryx player.

The Cryx player will win the majority of the time due to the extraordinarily low skill ceiling. The players will take note and simply assume the game is unbalanced due to the information they have and move on to another miniatures game.

>We've had terrible player attrition and no Cryx players to scare them away.
My local meta has had terrible player attrition as well, but it was a Cryx player that scared them away.
>>
>>45315158
Personally I love it. There's one with a permanent home in my Sloan list, but I'm a little odd with that.
With Kraye though, the thing goes absolutely bonkers. Depending on the match it either sticks close to my 'caster to help protect against assassination, or it goes deep and picks off troublesome models.
>>
>>45315831
>>45315158
I don't play Cygnar but I've wondered if the Minuteman could be an interesting jack ot give to the Tempest UA. Give it the ability to have RNG 8 POW 14 b/c of the ability to use the Snipe shot from the Officer, and when you;re close in giving it RNG 4 POW 14 Crit brutals could be really mean.
>>
>>45315896
You forgot
>thunderbolting heavies towards your own
>>
>>45315946
thunderbolt is directly away only.
druids and battle mages can pull or push, because magic. But gun bullets only push away.
>>
>>45315946
>>45316158
Nah I think they meant as in positioning the highly mobile Minuteman to double thunderbolt a enemy towards your less mobile heavies.
>>
>>45315667
I think it's on purpose. Cryx is the stronger faction in game, because they are the BBEG of the setting.
How can the evil enemy of everything be balanced with everything else? If they were easy to beat they wouldn't be scary.

So in order to have a scary bad guy faction; they are better.

It isn't just a question of lower skill ceiling, cryx things are simply undercosted for what they bring. First thing is being undead is very useful but never taken into account of pts costs.
mcthralls are 3/5
necrosurgeon is 2pts
darragh wrath 4pts lollololol
Even the withershadow combine do much more than any other 3man character unit
niggerogrun boarding crew: 4/6 they're considered to be one of the worst cryx units, but for 6pts that's a 5man unit with 8hp each.
look at MoW, or cinerators which are 8pts or more.

Being undercosted is one thing, but also it's the faction with the most recursion.
So yes, Cryx is better, there is no doubt.
But Cryx is supposed to be better.
>>
>>45315946
The problem with that is the Minuteman has to be in the jack marshal's command to use his shots, so you'd have to put the officer 9" from where the minuteman would end up, and that's real close to the enemy
>>
>>45316479
In that case, yes
Can the minuteman use a marshall's pseudofocus for the jump ability though? It would be a pity to lose that.
>>
>>45316588
No, but for even more points you can take Arlan Strangeways for a powerboosted focus.
>>
>>45316588
What >>45316598 said. It's not something I'd see beign doen super frequently but it could really help slower heavies (centurian, Hammersmith, Avenger) out with bumping the enemy those last few inches closer.
>>
>>45316562
>But Cryx is supposed to be better.
That shouldn't be the case in a game where the designers push it as a tight rule set for competitive play.

But PP doesn't care. Same as they don't care that their shitty release schedule hurts sales.

They're starting to act like GW. Turning the game to shit but still living on the hope that people will keep buying it.
>>
>>45316562
Not the guy you're arguing with, but that's pretty ridiculous reasoning considering this is a game that prides itself on being highly competitive, and that instantly goes out the window if there's an obviously better faction. Having a "better" BBEG works in gimmicky league scenarios or coop board games, but that's all that stuff is: gimmicks.
>>
>>45316679
>>45316667
You ought to check that statement "games designers push it as a tight rule set for competitive gaming"
Because they don't.
You can even ask them directly. I have a rough idea of what they will say. Something along the lines of "we make our game to cater for all tastes, from the fluff bunny to the competitor"
>>
>>45316667
Did you watch the LVO twitch interview with will and the RFP guys?
He said that painting and sportsmanship were being integrated into the competition rules.
>>
>>45316627
When I played Cygnar, I usually went with casters with speed boosts. The Nemos were my mainstay, but there was a certain charm to Kraye. Spd 10 Stormclads that threat up to 17" with free charge and boosted attack rolls and cavalry rules are a thing people aren't usually used to.
>>
Cryx isn't being designed to be the better faction.

Honestly, based on releases, Cryx hasn't got anything bullshit for a long, long time. They've gotten good things, yes, but none of their releases have had that same kind of power as out of the Mk2 rulebook.

And the Mk2 rulebook is a relic of the Mk2 playtest, which was an absolute shitshow of balance issues and problems.

Cryx remains on top because up until about 6 months ago, PP was quite loathe to do anything about the rules already in play. They've started to do so, and while it's more than a little annoying that Cryx got missed this last errata, the rumors continue to fly of them taking some hits.
>>
>>45303379
> nothing for convergence or cephalyx this year

PenisPumpers business strategy has some glaring holes in it. How are they supposed to sell products if they dont keep generating interest for them?
>>
>>45316837
I think you have a point. Indeed in more recent releases Cryx has been toned down.
It is noticeable that cryx lists will contain most things from their original forcebook where they are undercosted/overpowered.
Just look how often we see scaverous or even venethrax on tournament tables. Not to mention Sturgis who came straight in as the worst cryx caster ever.

Bane knights see play, but the outcry when they didn't get WM !

The problem with the "relic of MkII playtesting" is that it exists, and will continue to exist, because PP have made it clear time and time again that MkIII isn't happening anytime soon.

I'm not expecting any particular Cryx nerfs either, because PP said that "winning often" isn't a valid reason for a nerf. Bad gameplay experience is what gets nerfed.
I haven't heard any rumours about Cryx nerfs, apart from wishful thinking on the forums.

If Will is lurking, then plz don't hesitate to drop some cryx/legion nerf rumors. We won't tell anyone, promise !
>>
>>45316929
Convergence was a fun mini faction. They said so. They said "limited releases" Although I have also heard that "What is in the forcebook is all there is"
>>
>>45316929
You do know that that is not a complete list of all releases for all of 2016, right?
>>
Let's chat about warmachine a bit, how's this list;
What would you drop it into, what would you avoid and what would you pair it with (and why) 50pt list.

Thyra, Avatar, Sanctifier, Revenger
min choir, full zealots+ua, rhoven&co
madelyn corbeau, saxon orrick, covenant

Maybe we could play around with the apprentice boot camp rules too, they look interedasting.
>>
>Magister Helena
>"Miss Shyeel 2016"
>Arcane Mechanik/myrmidon creator
>Buffs her 'jacks, Ossyan's S.O.
>Some Vyre Force-manipulation techniques

Finally after all this years and Helios a true Jack caster to use al that nice tech.
>>
Master Tormentor Morghoul (*7pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Cyclops Raider (5pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
* Aradus Sentinel (8pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)

Rate my memes. I got the Nihilators clogging up the field, I got the Aradus Sentinel going pop pop pop makin niggas drop drop drop with his homies the Raider and Willbreaker, I got the Brute making Morghoul almost impossible to knock down, and just for shits and giggles I spent my last point on a Bellows Crew to bump Morghoul up to 19DEF letting him stand in the enemies face and still not die. My main worry at my LGS is pKreoss, but with this I can feat, Safeguard, get right up in Kreoss's face underneath a cloud, and Kreoss can't get out of my control range in order to remove Safeguard to knock me down with his feat. Pimp as fuck.
>>
>>45316985
The latter is not true in any form. They said convergence does not belong in the usual rotation, but will receive thematic releases when appropriate.

They also teased, then had the gall to redact and issue complete and utter silence over the Convergence second colossal, the Prime Conflux. This particular incident is whats causing a lot of frustration in their ever diminishing Convergence customers. Why tell us something is coming, but then suddenly drop it and never speak of it again, and refuse to comment? There's also the High Command (pfff hahaha) card for Eminent Configurator Orion, teasing a new warcaster for the faction.

Problem is, the value of their Convergence of Cyriss stock is constantly dropping. It's not generating revenue since it's not reaching new players, and those who have already bought it don't need any more or the existing models. They're not generating interest, and it's cutting into their profits. The longer they wait, the more disillusioned or outright sour their customers become, and the worse their future profits. The same sort of bullshit Jews Wankshop started doing as they spiraled into the soulless devils spawn they are today.

Quite short sighted. Or frankly, outright retarded.
>>
>>45318716
And to add; if this happened with Convergence, what's not to say this won't happen with whatever new Hordes faction they're working on right now?

What's to say Cephalyx, or any other less popular faction doesn't start on the same path?
>>
>>45318729

>cephalyx
>a faction
>>
File: Carl-dur the stoned soul.jpg (108KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Carl-dur the stoned soul.jpg
108KB, 400x300px
>>45318850
>Cephalyx
>not a sub-FACTION of mercenaries
>>
File: troll2.png (314KB, 638x362px) Image search: [Google]
troll2.png
314KB, 638x362px
So I want to read more about the Trollbloods, where's the best place to look?

Are there any Trollbloods novels yet?
>>
>>45318716
I don't think they mind if Cyriss isn't generating anything atm.
It was a buzz, hype, a stunt. Matt wanted his Cyriss in his game, they made a mini faction.

It's an extra army for those that want it, it's a stepping stone for others that, once bored with cyriss, will move onto a real faction.

Just because it's stagnating in the current tournament meta means nothing to PP. Nothing.
>>
>>45318729
There is no new Hordes faction planned for 2016
>>
File: PIP41132.jpg (235KB, 1076x670px) Image search: [Google]
PIP41132.jpg
235KB, 1076x670px
So I hadn't seen this guy before, but he looks like he could be a fun beatstick to include in my stormblade lists. Is he in any of the books, or do I just have to use a stat card?
>>
So I'm torn over whether I should bother getting into magnetizing models because my aradus sentinel/soldier arrived this morning, and I really don't think I'll ever have a use for a soldier.
>>
>>45304274
In year 2023
>>
>>45318242
What do you mean, "can't get out of your control range"?
Unless Morghoul is exactly within 4" of Kreoss he can walk his 6" away and be out of your feat.
>>
>>45319301
He is in the newest book
>>
>>45319472
Do it. You never know when you might want to try it out. Just don't bother magnetizing the soldier's little bug butt
>>
>>45319472
>I really don't think I'll ever have a use for a soldier.
So I assume you don't like Makeda3?
>>
File: legion-of-everblight-warpack.png (740KB, 1165x684px) Image search: [Google]
legion-of-everblight-warpack.png
740KB, 1165x684px
Question: the Carnivean in the Everblight starter box is specifically a Carnivean or a full 'Heavy Dragonspawn' kit? I'm asking since I got the Army in a box and the 'scythean' meant to be there was actually a full kit, so I was wondering if it's a thing in starter boxes as well.
>>
>>45319844
Starter boxes only have parts for GENAU DIESE warbeasts.
>>
>>45319844
35pts starter boxes are full kit
15-ish pts starter boxes only have one option
>>
>>45319844
Carnivean is good with abs2 at least. Only use you'll have for it.
>>
>>45319868
>>45319897
Got it, thanks. I assume the Hordes starter (the one with Everblight and Orboros) would be the same?

>>45319919
Ehh, I have her but I still prefer the Scythean. Thing is, I already have a interchangeable one with all the options, but I'd like to be able to field two Scytheans or two Ravagores if I want to. Perhaps I should try my hand with sculpting some scythean arms, I'm pretty good with the stuff.
>>
Does anyone know which book has Gunnbjorn blasting the face off of a no-name Skorne warlock? That no-namer is supposed to be the new guy they announced.
>>
>>45320208
Surely it's a promising introduction
>>
>>45320208
>nobody dies or stays dead in Warmahordes universe
>NOBODY DIES, here now buy this latest comic book hero miniature, you fucking neckbeard goyim scum.
>"what do you mean nobody dies? Sub plot oversaturation and clusterfuck of personalities? Didnt we kill a few background characters? oy vey you goyim are so damn entitled. Buy our products and shut up!"

And people give GW shit for their awful background stories.
>>
>>45320130

She has fortify. Fortify+spiny is incredibly hard for a lot of lists to crack. It's also a super Scythean on the feat turn, which is basically what matters. Give it some more credit, even one of the Blight makes right podcast guys prefers a carni in his 50 pt abs2 lists. I feel like you should be taking advantage of how she even turns a seraph into an amazing melee beast and getting all the awesome utility/range you wouldn't be able to under other casters.
>>
>>45320320
I made the mistake of reading WM lore. It's swarming with mary sues out the asshole.
>>
>>45320405
It's like PhonyPhaggots are trying to build their own Marvel Universe. Every character is someones personal waifu/ husbando/ butt toy that is so totally awesome and nothing with finality ever happens to it ever.
>>
>>45320320
>>45320405
Just read IKRPG books instead.
>>
>>45320405
Well, really only stryker is a Mary sue. People like to say Haley, but I suspect thus is really only because of how her third form was handled (thanks art dpt.)
>>
>>45320320
PP background stories are awful. So? GW background stories are awful too, regardless.
>>
>>45320356
Absy works very well with the Scythean too, though. And its animus is really handy when you want to trigger Conferred Rage and the only targets in a good position are Tough, for example. Also the Scythean is technically very good to deal both with infantry (it has Reach even outside of feat turn and sometimes you might even get lucky with Tresher) and with heavies (it has only 2 initials at P+S 17, but it might get a third for free) and in both cases its greatest problem is to actually hit, which Conferred Rage helps greatly with.
So I agree, surely Absy2+Carnivean is great, but Absy2+Scythean is good too.
>>
>>45320237
>>45320320
Not an answer to my question, but thanks for the feedback I guess.
>>
>>45320585
Sorry, I don't have an answer. Yet it does sound like an hilarious way to introduce a new badass caster.
>>
>>45320208
Forces of trollbloods
>>
>>45320613
It really does. I'm hoping he goes full Kylo Ren mode.
>>
>>45319793
Huh, which book is that? I've checked pretty much all of the PDF's in the OP, and unless I'm clinically retarded (likely) I just don't see him.
>>
>>45320773
Thanks, mang
>>
>>45320805
Reckoning, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>45320805
>>45320830
He was in no quarter
>>
>>45319773
Doesn't help much but pKreoss is SPD 5
>>
>>45320585

Trollblood forces book.

>trollkin blows up super-mortitheurgist
>no body
>figures he died and walks off

Come on anons, the Skorne forums figured they were getting that guy as a warlock years and years ago.
>>
>>45321052
Ahh, all right. Shit, time to go dig through the old issues. Thanks.
>>
>>45306732
>Chart for allies
No, because Warmachine actually tries to be balanced.

The closest thing you get is various Mercenary and Minion units and solos.
>>
Is nobody discussing all the new warcasters that were just announced? I know there's not much known about them yet, but still.

https://privateerpress.com/primecast/primecast-episode-27
>>
>>45317456
>Thyra
>No Daughters
>>
>>45321695

What were the names?
>>
>>45320405

The joke is that Magnus is the actual protagonist (he's the narrator for the lore in Hordes Mk2) and he's a gigantic asshole but has depth as a character
>>
>>45321695
I'm waiting to see the models get officially spoiled before hype. I also really want to know who's going epic, I'm guessing/hoping Feora.
>>
>>45320130

The hordes starter is actually a little different, in that Kaya has a different beast. If you can split the starter it's an excellent beginning
>>
>>45321740
Daughters aren't necessarily a must-take for her. Granted, she does a lot for them.
>>
>>45321614
It's like last 4 issues
>>
>>45320130
Got any pictures of stuff you've sculpted before?
>>
>>45321695
Read the thread. Nevertheless I am totally hype for a Stormknight warcaster that is not Stryker. I'd like her to have insane buffs that are all FF only. Or Storm Knight only.
>>
File: tftbep4chp4gortys-1440114699680.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tftbep4chp4gortys-1440114699680.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Oh oh guys i am from russian 2ch.so imageboard. Want to start playing Warmachine, and i am full of questions!
I chose Menoth and i found a guy who is selling the Menoth part of Two-Player Box, except Repenter is replaced with Vigilant.
Are all the models from that set viable to play?
And is there an option to play Hordes and Warmachine altogether? And like 2v2 or 4v4?
I have got friends to play with, but i dont think they will like the steam-punk thing, so i think i shall buy them the Hordes 2v2.
And the same question is going for Hordes Two-Player starter - how long shall it take to bore us so we shall want to see other options? Because with current state of our national currency it is expensive to buy new things from Warmachine.
Overall, this human requires assistance. Here is the Gortys for you as the reward.
%%I failed the "i am not robot" thing twice.%%
>>
>>45321740
Oh shit, I'm an idjut. 2 units of daughters should be in that list. In fact they are pretty much the basis of the list.
>Thyra gives them Vengeance.

I could have said that you should have checked that the list doesn't come to 50pts, but I should have typed it correctly in the first place !!!
>>
>>45321681
>No, because Warmachine actually tries to be balanced
>Cryx exists

Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>45322483

Hello Ivan

Cinerators are probably the least good thing in the Warmachine starter but it's okay because Shock Troopers suck too so it's balanced. Also Kreoss is great (and Russian

Hordes and Warmachine can play against each other just fine with no changes.

2v2s are possible and take forever

Two player starter is around 20 points I believe. Usual game list is 50 but it doesn't take much more to get there. It'll at least allow you to play battlebox games before jumping into a bigger setting.
>>
>>45316817
Kraye always interested me as a non-cygnar player because he seemed like he played very different from any other Cyg caster. Plus Light Cavalry Minutemen and Hunters sounds sexy as hell.

>>45318850 >>45318861
This. Cephalyx are jut another sub-mercenary list type. They will get sprinkled releases just like Rhulic Mercs. So don't expect a Cephalyx Battle Engine or Colossal for a while.
>>
>>45323450
Its Victor.
Ok, can i sort of convert them to someone else using sticks and primarily some junk and make them usefull thus? Or unit is just bad overall as well as its variations?
I am just a new, i dont know if there is some cross-system fight avaible or not.
Why 2v2 will take forever? I used to play warhammer 40k 7 years ago or even more, pretty much forgot (and actually rules being too random like roll for warlord traits roll for psychic powers etc etc thing aswell as really huge change to game mechanics overall is the reason i am thinking of quitting it if i dont like the current state of wh40k after i try to actually play if with nowadays-rules) and yes, 2v2 took alot, but that was hell load of miniatures on the table, here i do not see such a problem. So please tell me more about it.
So battle box...thats the battlegroup box, right? For how long can we play that untill it, i dont know, bore us out?
There is another Gortys for you.
Uhuh, and another one: whats the
>Cryx exists
thing another anon mentioned above?
>>
>>45320405
I don't want to agree, but I must.
If they want warcasters and warlocks to have infinite plot armor; they shouldn't focus their stories on them !

They should focus the stories on plebs, the warcasters would cameo at most, appearing as powerful divinities.

The pleb focus of the story could die, but the warcasters could be immortal, but not be mary sues
>>
>>45323977

Alright Victor-Ivan

If you can convert those Cinerators to Bastions they'll do amazing.

2v2s take forever because you rotate through all the players one at a time. Movement in Warmachine is much more important than in 40k so that tends to slow down the game when there's a ton of models on the field.

Not saying it's impossible, it's just a bit different

Battlebox is the battlegroup yeah. I'd say probably two weeks before you'll want to add more.
>>
>>45323977
>Ok, can i sort of convert them to someone else using sticks and primarily some junk and make them usefull thus?
Oh boy yes. Replace the swords with halberds and make Bastions out of them.

>Why 2v2 will take forever?
The game has a very large thinking portion so every turn usually takes considerable time. Most games are over by turn 5 though. So 2v2 is possible but a game at full size (50p) will probably take 3-4 hours.

>So battle box...thats the battlegroup box, right? For how long can we play that untill it, i dont know, bore us out?
It'll take a few games for that. Luckily you can just slowly add more models and increase the game size until you arrive at 50p. You can also switch out your casters and have completely different games.

>>Cryx exists
>thing another anon mentioned above?
Cryx is good. Slightly better than most other factions even. Not gamebreakingly so.
>>
File: screenshot-2015-06-23-16-51-01.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-2015-06-23-16-51-01.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>45324094
Ok, ill convert them to halberd-guys.
>>45324166
Well, 3-4 hours is not really that much.
Oh, thats cool.

More questions.
I heard a little bit here and there about Menoth, and people say it is sort of fraction which relies heavily on warjacks.
And they told me to add zealots (thats molotov coctail/firebomb guys if i recall right) and choir of menoth. Why is it so? I mean when i asked at our imageboard and at some other forums people only answered with misterious "you shall see". Whats so awesome about them?

Gortys again.
>>
>>45316562

I remember Matt Ward saying that about Chaos Demons in fantasy when they were howreking tournaments (back when fantasy had tourneys). "They're Demons, they're supposed to be be powerful".

Get out Matt.
>>
>>45324290
Haven't played Menoth myself, but I have been on the receiving end of both zealots and the choir.

Zealots are cheap, expendable, and can fling firebombs at stuff they don't like. They get exceptionally nasty when their Unit Attachment is included - the Monolith Bearer, once per game, can make the squad immune to damage (except from Feats or Spells). This means they get to waltz up, the Monolith bearer pops his mini-feat, and then they rain fiery death on expensive units.

The Choir beefs up your warjacks quite nicely, to the point of being almost mandatory inclusions in your Menoth lists - it can boost its attacks, make it immune to spells, or make it immune to non-magical ranged attacks. Pretty nasty, all told.

Menoth as a faction has a lot of options for dicking around other factions, especially those that rely on spells to bolster their units, as there are quite a few Menoth units that can either ignore or outright dispel upkeep spells on an enemy.
>>
>>45312707
though Im now picturing the art deco robo priests summoning some guy and his couch into existence and being horribly confused.
>>
>>45312707
Who we talkin'? Angels?
No one takes Angels.
>>
>>45316562
really I've gotta say this is about right. Ive no one issue with Cryx but they need shit recosted because holy fuck are they dirt cheap in way too many areas. Id also say they're theme lists need some tweaking as Ive seen at least one reach tier 4 in a 35 point game which..doesnt feel like it should be possible.
>>
>>45326630
There's a few lists that can do that, but none have the impact Cryx's do.
-1 spell cost on starting turn VS having each of your upkeeps on enemy targets for free?
Yeah that's bullshit.
>>
>>45326882
yeah, and I'd also say the theme build lends itself to bullshittery as well.
>>
>>45326630
cryx only has 2 competitive themes: Mortenabra's and Goreshade2's and there both just kind of 'okay.' They don't have a dearth of competitive themes that are flooding the meta. Its not Trolls (pre errata tho Runes still exists) or Ret.
>>
>>45327087
>Implying Body and Soul isn't still good.
>>
What are gun bugs?
>>
>>45303997

You know, that is pretty much exactly Hexxy2's feat.
>>
>>45327773
Its not good into hordes. and has widely been replaced by pSkarre's Dirty Thirty.
>>
>>45304192

They said Cain3 was later in the year. I am willing to bet that they are just talking about a Warmachine book that's going to release some time later in the year.

They will probably release a Warmachine book first quarter and another one third or fourth quarter.
>>
>>45327934

Aradus Sentinels. Very kawaii.
>>
>>45328126
I really doubt that they will release two warmachine books in one year. Plus there won't be one quarter 1 since they post things three months in advance and it's already February.
>>
>>45328126
>>45328741
Unless you are talking about a novel, that's not gunna happen.
>>
>>45328126
I'm pretty confident of a second and fourth quarter book. They've been doing smaller books than they used to, but with far smaller timeframes between them and seem to consistently be pushing toward one Warmachine and one Hordes book per year. Only thing that'll screw that up at this point is completely new kind of book release (like a campaign system book) or a new faction in the middle messing up schedules.
>>
>>45329187

They did hint at a legit new Hordes faction "eventually" but I have my doubts it will be out anytime this year.
>>
>>45329554
Yeah they said not this year
>>
>>45319035
They teased about it in a podcast, I think, unless they've since come out and said 'just kidding guys'.
>>
>>45328095
The feat nerf dropped her that much huh?
>>
>>45318885
I think there are a couple novellas that feature the TBs. Any of the main expansions (Devastation, Exigence, etc.), the RPG books and Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods will tell you more about them.
>>
>>45331344
I mean, I think so. I predict she will see a bump up this year because of the resculpt, but probably out of tier.
>>
>>45332466
I'm surprised, her tier is still good. All the core strategies are good. Yeah they can shake the feat but only warnouns and jacks/beast can do that so you fuck their infantry game hard, and you still get the defense debuff.
>>
File: 1453487095838.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453487095838.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
I just realized how great Kraye would be with CoC. Dreams will stay dreams
>>
>>45332872
thats crazy, what happened there?

>>45332560
nyeeah, nah. plus my personal meta is all hordes all the time. Plus me with cryx.
>>
>>45326190
Uhuh, thanks.
>>
File: 1425104563837.png (379KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425104563837.png
379KB, 666x800px
Last 4 points, /tg/, what should I do?

Gonna pair it with Runes because I'm a netdecking fag

Grim1 +6
Impaler -5
Glacier King -18
Whelps -2
Dhunian Knot -3
Croak Raiders - 8
Croak Raiders -8
Fire Eaters - 4
Fire Eaters - 4
>>
>>45332872
There's a lot of Casters who are insane in CoC.

And some really, really good casters who are absolutely terrible with them.

Seriously though, playing them in Who's the Boss is such a blast.
>>
>>45332957
Sorcha feated on some Tempest Blazers.
>>
You know, the thing I really dislike about PP forums is that its much more difficult to convey the level of contempt I have for people who say dumb shit.

This is specifically for people who think they are good but are really bad. Not people who are doing something to be fluffy/for fun/ testing out a interesting idea.
>>
>>45333776
I don't think the glacier king belongs in the list, and I don't care if it got second at the LVO.
>>
>>45334453
>convergence is a low tier faction with no updates
>BUT MUH WATT
every time
>>
>>45334684
Glacier king is fine. concealment bonus is nice and Grim and GK both compliment each other very well. As for 4 pts, might as well be min stone. Goreshade 3's incorporeal feat shit always bothered me since it's inception.
>>
File: Imgonnamaceyougood.png (227KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Imgonnamaceyougood.png
227KB, 512x384px
>>45324290
>>
>>45334739
I think that Convergence is actually sitting pretty well with ADR. Axis/Lucant and Synth/Lucant both ask very different questions from your opponent, and both of them being ADR just makes it worse.

And given that the next ADR might see Aurora go out and Mother come in, they might be well set all year.
>>
I have a friend who's been building toward Mad Dogs of War with Butcher2, and whilst I'm told the list is a noob trap I'm pretty new myself and this looks pretty intimidating.

So how do I play Cygnar into Butcher2-tier?
>>
>>45336165
Tempest blazers and a storm wall should just about do it. Mad Dogs is a skew towards hard hitting fragile infantry, you're playing Cygnar, the king of mulching fragile single wound infantry.
>>
>>45336165
>So how do I play Cygnar into Butcher2-tier?
Bring guns. Shoot them to death. Every. Single. One. A surviving Doom Reaver is not an option.
>>
>>45336221
>>45336241
To add to this, you can electroleap your way to victory against lists that feature a lot of dangerous infantry like this. Few things are as entertaining as arcing some chain lightning into a group of expensive infantry and watching it pop off 4 or 5 of them. Quantity over quality in this case.

To reference a particular game, POW 10 is diddly; 50 POW 10's is a shitload of diddly.
>>
>>45337570
>chain lightning
Better be careful there though. Trying to Chain Lightning Doom Reavers without a Stormcaller to target will end in a bad surprise.
>>
>>45337604
Yeah, you have to get it set up properly, especially to hit those hard targets, but having Nemo 3 helps a lot, to control where those electroleaps go. I found throwing something immune or as you said a stormsmith at high def targets is the best way to do it.

Even then, you can use no electricity immune jacks as focal points, as POW 10 isn't gonna do much to something like a Centurion, and they're easy to hit. Would rather deal my jack a point or two of damage and kill a few enemy models than miss entirely.
>>
Since we're talking Cygnar, how about a list then.

Artificier General Nemo
Lancer (6pts)
Stormwall (19pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (6pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
Stormblade Infantry (5pts)
Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard (3pts)
2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner (2pts)
Stormblade Captain (2pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)
Savio Montera Acosta (3pts)
Arlan Strangeways (2pts)

Been itching to use Acosta since I found out about him, and I figure screening him with some Stormblades could be a useful way of making sure he gets to things I don't like, things that need two MAT 9 weaponmaster attacks.

Was toying with adding a Stormstrider for a bit, but that left me with a really low model count, and it's small enough as it is.
>>
Okay, here comes another!
How much warjacks should menoth army have for i dont know, 35 points? Like not starter format already, but not a big fight one aswell?
>>45335208
But i do like Cygnar. They have lightnings.
>>
>>45339457
Depends on the caster. 2 should be alright. And by that I mean 2 Reckoners most of the time.
>>
Why is scaverous maligned? I find him to be very flexible and dynamic
>>
>>45339759
He's prone to assassination. Apart from that he is totally baller. There are few casters in the game with a better spell list.
>>
>>45339457
gneneraly 2, or 1 heavy 2 lights.
Some menoth casters really only want 1 jack regardless of point level, so it will matter who you are running
>>
>>45339457
1-2, at least one of which should be a Reckoner. The second could be another reckoner, a devout, or a more specialized piece if the overall army skews
>>
>>45338063
Or the stormwall's storm pods. AKA, Spark Nodes. They cannot be engaged and are stationary too.
>>
>>45338567
No Dynamo? He's really really good. You may want to include him over the lancer.
>>
>>45339457
Everybody always says Reckoners, but Vanquishers are really good too if you're going up against a lot of infantry or you just want to drift auto fire templates over everyone.
>>
>>45339929
Oh I love Dynamo, especially with Nemo, but I was trying to squeeze an arc node in there somehow. I'll have to tool the list around a bit if I wanted to work Dynamo in and still have somewhat decent supporting units.
>>
So are Cephs going to get their own colossal next book? Will it be nice and fleshy?
>>
>>45339991
Doubtful, they're a subfaction of mercs, i don't think there high on the priority list. The real question is if Convergence will get their second colossal.
>>
>>45339811
Is he really though? I feel like theres usually a piece of terrain he can hide behind. Plus arc nodes
>>
>>45340225
It's that he's not borderline broken. Like everything else in there game that elicits a meh reaction.

It's perfectly serviceable with some effort, it's just why work hard positioning your Caster when you can play Lich2and not worry about it as much?
>>
>>45340225
It's hard for him to hide in killbox scenario, he's still in range of killable while hiding. The worst part is that he spends his entire focus stack. Basically being cool with scaverous gets him killed.

Tk is also a wasted spell for him. Tk is awesome for shooty factions that love the los fixing or the threat extension or battlegroup heavy faction that wants it for guaranteed trades.

Guess where scaverous is.
>>
File: 2015-06-21_00044-noscale.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-21_00044-noscale.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>45339513
Well, i think its more like the more the merrier, so, which caster can be sort of usefull with most amount of warjacks? By that i mean like 3-4.
>>
>>45340036
>they're a subfaction of mercs

So are Searforge and Talion.
>>
>>45340451
Feora2 or Durst.
>>
>>45341383
Is there a way I can have a flamey army with Durst in it? I'm not that anon, I would just like to know if I can have a tanky army that waits around for the enemy to burn to death.
>>
>>45341761
Well you could use 1-2 Vanguishers to set stuff on fire. However waiting is rarely a winning tactic in WMH.
>>
>>45335155
Thanks my nig,

Thats also the cheapest option too, but I was worried about support bloat
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>45341383
Oh my i read the rules and if understood things correctly, this is glorious.
I mean Feora. Everything being on fire. Literally. Everything.
Durst is not so awesome, but i assume he sort of in need of those bastion guys and i think adding a vigilant is about to make things really not funny for an opponent.
Right?
>>45341866
I got no idea what actually continuous fire does, but do i assume correctly that it sort of ignores armor of flesh models and leaves warjacks be and so on? And like super-effective at baking highly-armored units in their armor?
>>
Also is Vigilant highly demandable if i want to run sort of ranged army?
>>
>>45343051
No. Absolutely not
>>
>>45336165
I also have a friend building to this list and I play Scyrah.

Should I go for Will of Nine Voices to punish him for being a cunt that only ever drops some version of Butcher?
>>
>>45344020
If that's what you want
>>
>>45342769
>Durst is not so awesome
> but i assume he sort of in need of those bastion guys
>i think adding a vigilant is about to make things really not funny for an opponent.
>Right?

Wrong.
>>
>>45344060
I'm just wandering what Ret's best tools are for shooting stuff off the board. Normally I'd field Rahn but Doomreavers can't be target by spells so all the House Shyeel mages aren't worth much against 'reaver spam.
>>
File: 35014_MageHunterStrikeForceWEB.jpg (56KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
35014_MageHunterStrikeForceWEB.jpg
56KB, 364x364px
>>45345571
>I'm just wandering what Ret's best tools are for shooting stuff off the board.

Are you... are you serious?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (67KB, 920x648px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
67KB, 920x648px
Okay so I'm having a problem at my LGS and I'm wondering if I've found a tactics based solution to the problem, but I want to double check with you faggots if it works how I'm thinking.

Basically, the matchup is pMorghoul v pKreoss, with me on the Morghoul because he's baller. Basically what's happening is we trade infantry for a bit, maybe trade a beast/jack or two. Then he pops Kreoss's feat and I die either to infantry shots or a Redeemer firing missiles from the other side of the building. That's literally it, same shit every game. So with that, I present to you, pic related.

Now as I understand it, smoke obscures LOS, which I can use to protect Morghoul while he's downed as dropped by my Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew. This however doesn't actually cover Morghoul at all really since it's easy enough to get around the side of the cloud, and one tiny slip puts Morghoul inside the cloud and dead because concealment doesn't cut it. If, however, I cover another side of Morghoul with an Aradus Sentinel which explicitly cannot be knocked down, I've successfully protected Morghoul from pretty much all angles, right?

Please tell me that this works, I'm sick of losing to a stupid feat. I'll likely still lose to my army getting fucking MULLERED BECAUSE ALL OF MY MODELS ARE NOW AUTOMATICALLY HIT BY EVERYTHING AND CAN'T FREE STRIKE HOLY SHIT WHO DESIGNED THIS STUPID FEAT, but I can work on that later.
>>
>>45346049
Yup that works until he gets smart and use taryn to shadowfire the sentinel.

Honestly, you are kinda boned from warlock choice.
>>
>>45342769
>Continuous fire
If a model is on fire, at the start of that players turn, they roll 1d6. If they get a 1 or 2, the fire drops off. If they fail the roll, the model takes a PS12+2d6 damage roll.
>>
>>45346172
Bitch please, name me a warlock who can magically survive being knocked down and shot to pieces. Morghoul at least is super effective against self sacrifice bullshit and lets me threaten to shove a Molik Karn up my opponent's asshole at any given time because Abuse is actually insane. In the game I played against Kreoss today he left a charge lane open between his heavy jack and Karn. Sadly his jack got to move after being hit, but that didn't stop me doing a 22+4d6 damage smack to essentially blow up his jack in a single hit.
>>
>>45346285
Makeda, xerxis plus all the steady ones.
>>
>>45346413
But I can't avoid playing Morghoul just incase I come up against a bad matchup. I'd rather figure out clever ways of circumventing shit like in that picture than netdeck Xerxes.
>>
>>45346475
>But I can't avoid playing Morghoul just incase I come up against a bad matchup.

Yes, you can.
>>
>>45346509
>I pick X
>Opponent sees this and picks A
>I see this and pick Y
>Opponent sees this and picks B
>I see this and pick Z

Yeah how about no.
>>
>>45346568
How about complimenting the list so youa aren't fucked for picking y into a or b?

Learn to list pair. Not even netdecking, just learn to pair
>>
>>45346755
Either way I'd still be reacting to my opponent picking Kreoss, which gives him grounds to react to my counterpick. The only sensible option is to assume we both picked blind, since that's basically what happens.
>>
>>45346842
You present two lists and you pick simultaneously. I don't see why you are so against this
>>
>>45346842
I mean, just play two steady shooters and fucking murder Taryn as fast as possible.

Like, man, pKreoss is considered a huge skillgate caster. He's absolute murder to newbies, but experienced players rarely, if ever, die to pop and drop.

I know it's frustrating right now, because it just feels like he pops feat and wins.

But list selection can play a huge part of it, and there are ways to avoid getting killed.
>>
>>45345571
Step 1: Apply Ossyan.
Step 2: Apply stormfag archers.
Step 3: giggle at 8 boosted blasts
>>
>>45348417
Step 4: Die next turn because you're so far forward.

The answer is Force Wall
>>
>>45348705
>Implying foe survives archer bombardment
>>
>>45349009
I mean, that's Ossyans thing, man.

He comes forward, blows 2/3s of his opponents army off the table, and then usually dies in return because he's so far forward.

I don't know how many Ossyan players I've killed that exact way.
>>
Going full meme and playing Cephalyx

Which merc units are the best under mind control? I'm thinking the forge guard could benefit from tough.
>>
>>45349388
Forge Guard are good, but it's a thing where they already hit hard in melee. Devil's Shadow gives them a nice ranged element, as does Nyss.
>>
>>45345675
Well obviously I'll take those but should I take them in Ravyn's tier list was the question.
>>
>>45349147
Yeah thats what I was thinking, I could play Ossyan who I really like and just Stormfall the fuck out of the entire board but if even a few 'reavers get missed and come in next turn they could probably open up the lanes they need for assassination just by berserking their way through my screening unit.
>>
>>45349388
TAC is pretty good with Exulon because he telekensis them after they drop smoke in front of upcoming drudges
>>
>>45348705
Force Wall can't beat 'reaver spam.

Battle Mages/magisters/arcanists can't target doomreavers at range and the whole point is to stay out of melee.
>>
>>45349744
Force Wall has the answers. Doom Reavers super, super don't like covering fire, and you time lock him two turns in a row to keep him from getting there. Should be more than enough to kill the Reavers.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.