[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwarf Civ Thread- Day 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 3

File: dwarf crossbowman.jpg (104KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf crossbowman.jpg
104KB, 480x700px
Only got a few hours so get in here and lets make it count!
>>
>>45279480
Ooh, a dorf civ.

Any stats, summary, setting of what has been going on?
>>
>>45279480
Last time we escaped our homeland, settling in the tunnels/caves under a mountain range to our east.

We found the ancient ruins of an outpost and built a settlement on its site. We also managed to colonize the surface with a lumber camp, hunting camp and fishing village. We have also found a massive gold deposit to our south in the underdark and have established a second settlement to the west, on the surface and on the foothills of the mountain range.

We also had a nasty run-in with the Serene Republic of Palma, a merchant republic city state, they have forced us to become their protectorate and have already demanded large payments of money and tradegoods as well as 100 of our troops to serve as their mercenaries.

We are currently trying to get out from under the Palmese by building up our inland settlement out of sight and out of reach of the Palmese, and hiding our gold wealth and arms caches for an eventual rebellion.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45257949/ Here is the archive for last session
>>
>>45279575
How does one vote for an action by our civ?
>>
>>45279575

Whats our next move?

A. Build a Ship(describe type,size,purpose, name it if you like)

B. Build something(Write in section)

C. Expand the western settlement

D. Expand the smiths and the smelters

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Reinforce the southern mining camp, Raise an additional 100 regulars for the army

G. Construct an underground hideout

H. Manufacture and hide a weapons cache

I. Other(write in)
>>
>>45279626
D.
expand the smiths and smelters.
We will be able to use the extra production to create weapons caches for the rebellion
>>
>>45279626
So first I would probably read the archive, but I essentially the players serve as the ruling council of our dwarven realm, making all major decisions and voting on actions, I also extensively use write in answers.

Our only current hero is Olaf Kjartanson

The bastard son of the late King Kjardan IV, who despite not being legitimized has maintained close relations with his father and the royal family. He has a strong sense of duty to our people, serving as volunteer militia general, and great intellect and curiousity, shown in his deep interest in the natural sciences , becoming a skilled chemist and assisting in the development of our science and technology

- Bonuses on defensive combat rolls, gains bonuses on Tech/Science rolls
>>
>>45279672
Sure.

Besides them being dicks and taking our money and soldiers, is there anything else about the Palmese we know?
>>
>>45279690
Not really they have made a deliberate to keep our boats close to shore and our knowledge of the outside world limited, Captain Gabrialdi and his men do seem preoccupied with watching the coast and seem much more concerned about a threat from that direction rather than a threat coming from the inland
>>
>>45279690
we are technically protected by them.
So we can ask for their help to clear the area and then betray them later
>>
>>45279742
I am wondering if there are in fact perks and benefits to staying under them as a protectorate. The protection from danger if they don't shirk it, and potential trade benefits and access to an established civilization.
>>
>>45279737
deliberate effort* man I cannot type today
>>
>>45279781
we are raking in good money IIRC.
and the dwarves we loan them are a court regiment of the doge.
>>
>>45279781
I would say not really, since we are forbidden from trading with others and its heavily implied that the taxes we pay for protection simply go up the richer we are. They also frown on us having much our own military or navy
>>
>>45279801
I'm new to this, but from the perspective of our prosperity I want to wait and see if it ends up to our benefit that we might not need a rebellion.
>>
>>45279626
You still rolling for techs we'll never get?
>>
>>45279848
the rebellion seems far away either way.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>45279626
Right dice roll
>>45279672
>>45279690
The council orders the smelters and the forge expanded to accomodate greater production. We should make sure we hide some of the output to ensure Gabrialdi and his men don't notice too big of a change.

Meanwhile in the southern caves, Olaf and 20 of our best men have been looking into the strange greed, gluttony and hedonism afflicting some of our miners.

Despite the rotation system being implemented, several of the original miners refuse to be rotated out and have now gone missing into parts unknown. Olaf has started the search with the only evidence been some strange markings carved into the cavern walls and signs of an abandoned camp fire.

Whats our next move?

D. Build a military academy(Provides 1 free tech, in addition to training our best and brightest in military strategy

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Reinforce the southern mining camp, Raise an additional 100 regulars for the army

I. Other(write in)
>>
>>45279988
>B. Build something(Write in section)
Upgrade walls/towers since we built them before we got improved construction.
>>
>>45279988
Hmmm.

Do we have any like, religious support? From us or Palma. Clerics? Priests? Runesmiths? Anything?
>>
>>45280021
B
also, fortify the new colony.
>>
>>45279833
In my opinion we should focus on diplomacy with this nation (palmese) while building out importance to them as allies, which necessarily means improving our personal power economically and militarily. An outright struggle with swords is not in anyones interest. Lets forge alliances with other protectorates under their control and begin creating an alliance that we may eventually turn into an empire.

Send ambassadors, tell our mercenary dwarfs to behave honorably and capably, commit to steady growth in power while making connections and alliances that empower us politically with respect to the palmese.
>>
>>45280035
The dwarves for the most part practice ancestral worship. We would not want Palma knowing about our mines so thats out of the question.

There are priests but they have no special abilities, we also could try to train some mages who could help with this matter.
>>
>>45280090
I agree with all of this, but I also think we should like, find a way to purge whatever heresy voodoo nonsense is going down in the southern caves or quarantine it for now
>>
>>45280126
I vote the immediate quarantine of the Southern Caves for now, as well as B and upgrade to our existing walls and towers.

Next turn we should train some mages
>>
>>45280090
>forging a legitimate alliance with people who basically said "join us or die"
>>
>>45279988
>>45280090
I. Other, train and send an ambassador. Establish communication and information gathering with the palmese. Perhaps send students to their schools to learn law, culture, and other sciences of a practical nature. Work to create a communication network with these students and ambassadors.
>>
>>45280148
An honest alliance is the quickest and fastest way to change the circumstances of our subjugation. Within time our power will grow until we are equals, and then soon we will be the masters.
>>
>>45280078
>>45280021
>>45280146

The council has our engineers remodel the defenses of our main settlement, adding a medium stone wall, complete with ramparts and large stone watchtowers, making our settlement highly defensible.

The western settlement has had a strong wooden palisade and wooden watch towers added. They should have some early warning and protection from raiders.

D. Build a military academy(Provides 1 free tech, in addition to training our best and brightest in military strategy

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Quarantine and reinforce the southern mining camp, Raise an additional 100 regulars for the army

I. Send a diplomat and establish a true alliance with the Palmese

J. Other(write in)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>45280203
dice roll
>>
>>45280203
>D. Build a military academy(Provides 1 free tech, in addition to training our best and brightest in military strategy
Probably the only way we're ever going to get new tech.
>>
>>45280148
Those perks though. I mean, think of it like the Imperium and the squats.

J. Try to train some mages
>>
>>45280203
>wood
>implying
Stone fortifications when?
also, F
lets figure out what the problem in the mine is, don't want feral dwarves roaming the countryside
>>
>>45280235
We need to tech up our magic, in order to build magic academy
>>
>>45280235
So far they've only taken from us, and given us nothing. I've yet to see any benefit from joining.
>>
>>45280258
>>45280235
>>45280232
Councillors I need a tie breaker on this
>>
>>45280203
I
>>
>>45280387
Academy would be the best choice, if only for the free tech since we haven't gotten any since pretty much the start of the first thread.
>>
>>45280387
Changing my I to F. Clearly I need to persuade the council better.
>>
>>45280387
changing mine to I
>>
>>45280441
disregard this.
>>
>>45280387
F
>>
>>45280387
Just roll or pick one if there's no majority vote, it'll save time.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>45280438
>>45280424
>>45280232
>>45280478
>>45280438
>>45280258
The council proudly unveils the military academy, an achievement of our people, dedicated to educating our best and brightest and the study of military sciences.

1 free tech upgrade

A. Advanced Weaponcrafting

B. Advanced ship construction

C. Advanced construction

D. Basic Magic understanding

E. Advanced mining techniques

F. Advanced farming

G. Other(Request a reasonable tech advancement and have other councillors vote on it, please try to stay balanced with these suggestions, since its much more fun to play if things are a little bit of a challenge and not just a walk over)

In addition the army is expanded to another full company of regular soldiers, who are sent to enforce the quarantine in the southern mines and also to root out the strange source of our miners affliction.
>>
>>45280438
Persuasive argument to engage in diplomacy with the palmese.
1# it costs us a handful of socially competent dwarves, the talents of whom are not being utilized currently.
2# the palmese are actively restraining our ability to gather intel. Having an ambassador and students in their capital grants us easy access to much of what they know in time.
#3 if their laws are unjust we have a better chance of challenging these laws if we can find loopholes with law experts trained in their academies.
#4 if honest attempts to change laws by working within the system fails then the unjustness of these laws becomes easily apparent.
#5 unjust laws breeds rebellion. Other protectorates that we are currently unaware of may likely be in a similar situation as us. Creating an alliance with them would be extremely easy.
#6 the threat of an alliance has two outcomes, a far easier battle for justice for us, or the laws that we challenge get changed.
>>
>>45280552
Disregard C, we already have advanced construction
>>
>>45280552
>D. Basic Magic understanding
>>
>>45280552
F
gotta expand fast
>>
>>45280552
F. Advanced farming

We need a larger population to fight or to trade and really there is no direct benefit from any other techs.
>>
>>45280559
Furthermore, simply building trading alliances with other protectorates illegally creates a difficult situation for the palmese. If we buy crops from them that we can replant and are storable we can build a food storage that would allow us to survive seiges easily. We are already highly defendable. For the palmese, extending their military power over seas, and maintaining a supply line for an army to seige castled up dwarves is probably an intractible solution compared to simply having a less abusive relationship with us.
>>
>>45280552
Advanced farming
F
>>
>>45280666
>>45280605
>>45280585
Advanced agricultural techniques are developed, including more advanced fertilizer, irrigation and the types of plants we can grow(also unlocks underground mushroom farms)

What is our next move?

D. Scout further on the western frontier

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Establish an underground mushroom farm

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45280751
I, send a diplomat.

Hopefully soon we can train students at their capital, and forge alliances with other protectorates.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>45280630
I doubt it'd be a challenge in the slightest for them to kill us if they wanted to right now. Besides, we don't know how far they are from us, so for all we know they're just out of sight over the horizon and it would be little trouble sending troops and supplies at us. They were willing to send 3-4, I can't remember how many, warships full of heavy infantry on our first meeting, they aren't hurting for troops. Also, they probably care a great deal about how they are perceived. Having one of their protectorates going behind their backs would definitely demand a response just to make an example to anyone else who has similar thoughts.
We are poorly trainer, poorly armored, and just generally poorly prepared to deal with a battle or siege. We're barely a step up from common peasants.

F. Establish an underground mushroom farm

Rolling for the hell of it.
>>
>>45280794
Thanks for roll, I think im gonna make it a d7 from now on, especially since we increased our education/research abilities with a military academy
>>
>>45280794
Bruh, we begin breaking laws in time. Well after our defenses and farming abilities are established. If we pursue diplomacy we may very well have an alliance as well. All of these things combined mean that war will simply not be an attractive option for the palmese.
>>
>>45280751
Need another vote to tiebreak, also would be easier to count votes if you guys had trips or names
>>
>>45280751
>F. Establish an underground mushroom farm
Food forever
>>
>>45280949
F
>>
>>45280974
>>45280794

A secret chamber is hollowed out in the underdark, and dozens of farmers plant mushrooms in the dimly lit chamber...

A few weeks after the establishment of the mushroom farms, our stores are starting to fill, and in a few months we will be at capacity. We will either need to improve storage capacity, lower production or start exporting food. We also get a population boost from having a very well fed population.

Alright guys I have to step away for about 30 minutes, we will continue when I return, please discuss long-term strategy during this break
>>
>>45281063
I wanna 'play nice' until we can revolt, but so far it seems I'm currently outnumbered by people who want to make peace.
>>
Alright. Now that we have a diverse food source, lucrative trade deals and a good production of arms and armor, we need to secure the southern mine.
>>
Diplomacy fag here. I think Ive already gone over my proposal for a long term strategy pretty extensively.

In addition I think solving the mystery of the gold mines and making them safe will provide us with a very valuable resource.

Further pursuing military tech at this point that could be percieved as offensive will simply get us in a fight with the palmese. The palmese are seemingly professionals at squashing rebellions based on our interactions with them so lets please avoid that.

Meta wise I doubt the QM would let us die if the palmese decided to more completely dominate us tomorrow, but realistically they easily could if we continue aggressively building a military. Lets focus on defense, and economic empowerment and use diplomacy to make our economy vitally important to other nations.
>>
>>45281272
I agree.
With a source of mintable gold and high quality finished products, we can start to dominate the Palmese economically.
We should also send a diplomat to the court to gather the extent of the empire.
>>
>>45281341
Thanks for the support!
>>
Sending a diplomat and students (if feesable) is vital to empowering our economy. We need to influence the terms of our taxation or our growth will be stimied and the palmese will probably be the primary benefactors of all our work.
>>
>>45281519
Which is why we need to gauge the strength and composition of the palmese before we start exporting.
right now we should be using all the production for our own ends, primarily in strengthening our standing forces and expanding outward.
>>
>>45281582
How do we strengthen our standing forces without provoking the palmese? Focus military expansion in the settlement they are unaware of?
>>
>>45281643
well we get our materiel advantage by using our superior forging techniques.
A bit of magic to create enchanted weaponry would also be a good idea.
I wonder if we have access to gunpowder down the line.
>>
>>45281063
The search in the southern mines has been dramatically expanded, with a full infantry company in support, they can use several more search parties as well as maintain a quarantine.

The latest report details an encounter with a lone troll, behaving strangely and having growths on its body, it showed signs of heightened intelligence and magical ability as well. It fired a magic bolt at our men before darting off into the darkness.

Our men continue to find strange inscriptions on walls all throughout the area as well as several small crude shrines made of gold and stone.

What is our next move?

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Fortify our structures in the underdark, expand defenses

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45281710
>G. Construct an underground hideout
>>
>>45281710
I
its time to take stock of our new allies.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>45281710
>E. Expand the iron mines
Don't worry, you'll remember to roll when you post eventually.
Not that we'll get a tech from rolls anytime soon either way.
>>
>>45281751
And I'm retarded and forgot it's 1d7 now.
>>
>>45281710
I

In the next phase I propose expanding our underdark defenses, and then we should aggressively find and destroy the traitor dwarves and their allies.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d7)

>>45281710
test
>>
>>45281781
Ha well you just got a new tech friend what will it be?

A. Advanced Weaponcrafting

B. Advanced shipbuilding

C. Improved Espionage

D. Basic Magic understanding

E. Advanced mining techniques

F. Military Engineering

G. Other(Request a reasonable tech advancement and have other councillors vote on it, please try to stay balanced with these suggestions, since its much more fun to play if things are a little bit of a challenge and not just a walk over)
>>
>>45281843
D.
its time to understand the arcane.
>>
>>45281795
>>45281738
A loyal dwarf, experienced as a clerk in the old royal court has been selected as our diplomat, he is accompanied by a small staff and a large amount of coin and has tasked with establishing an embassy in Palma, as well as improving our relationship with the Palmese. He is shipped out on a Parmese Galleon along with a mercenary company.

>>45281843
Need a couple more votes on our next tech
>>
>>45281843
D.

Magic understanding will help us solve the gold mine mystery, and this is an immediate problem.
>>
>>45281843
>D. Basic Magic understanding
We need mages
>>
Rolled 2 (1d7)

>>45282045
>>45282038
>>45281865
A focused study of ancient scrolls, allows us to glean a basic understanding of magic and the nature of its use, allowing us to start a magic academy.

What is our next move?

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Fortify our structures in the underdark, expand defenses

I. Build a magic academy(comes with a free tech and increases chance of tech advance, allow use of d6)

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45282132
H.
A weapons cache is going to be great.
we can use it as a command bunker.
>>
>>45282132
F.

I propose we build defenses in the underdark and then send hunting parties into the gold mines. We must clear the mines of all hostiles and then seal them until we have mages and/or sages trained who can analyze the curse of the gold mine.
>>
>>45282287
This.
As nice as the gold it, currently its too much of a risk till we can find out exactly what is causing this, and if we can stop it.
>>
>>45282166
>>45282287
As long as we do both, we can comfortably secure the tunnels and seal it.
>>
>>45282313
Yes. And really, we dont need the mines until our ambassador has found us trade partners with which we might actually spend the coin on. Gold is useless unless you need to buy something.
>>
yep, its settled then/
>>
If Dwarves are supposedly jews then why do they always look like scottish and viking people
>>
>>45282287
>>45282313
Several checkpoints in the southern caves are fortified and manned, allowing us to quickly secure the area, in addition the mining camp itself has been reinforced with a wall and watchtowers.

These defenses will allow us to retain control of enemy movement in the event of any invasion of the underdark.

One of our patrols in the southern caves has found the missing dwarves,along with a troll tribe has encamped in a massive underground chamber and are worshipping a strange demonic creature and building a massive altar to a dark god

Whats our next move? (This is a write in answer)
>>
>>45282444
recall our forces, move in en masse and crush them.
then seal the chamber.
>>
>>45282444
Do we have an estimate of how many?
>>
>>45282444
How big is the demon, what are the numbers of its worshippers, and what is the combat readiness of our forces (arms, armor, training) and the like.
>>
>>45282512
>>45282502

A,pink skinned. grotesque humanoid creature that stands almost 20 feet tall, and weighs around 1000 pounds

There are a dozen dwarven cultists and between 20 and 40 corrupted trolls. They all show signs of corruption but also increased intelligence and magical abilities.
>>
>>45282605
well then, we are fucked.
we should call our allies for help
>>
>>45282622
You dont think a few hundred dwarven infantry with mage support can beat these guys?
>>
>>45282664
well our mages are just basic.
we may lose too many dwarves.
it is for the rest of the council to decide
>>
>>45282605
I feel like we may need a war machine or two to deal with the demon, and mages to deal with offensive magic.

We should run a skirmish campaign against them until these tools are aqcuired. Fight them in small tunnels and disrupt their resource gathering fir their idol. Engage only where we can avoid the large demon basically and try to bleed them.
>>
>>45282664
I honestly think a 20 foot tall demon would be immune to serious damage inflicted by man sized weapons.
>>
>>45282733
Nvm, 1000 pnds only? Its skinny as fuck. We can take them with possibly heavy losses depending on how strong their magic is. I say we send in all the boys and the mages.
>>
>>45282838
Today will be a glorious battle proving the metal of our dwarfish army against a sinister foe that cannot be ignored.
>>
>>45282838
>>45282699
>>45282500

All checkpoints are reinforced and sealed and the mining camp is evacuated with the exception of a garrison of 50 soldiers, who will remain to hold the mining town and to deny the enemy a base.

We have to make a choice here

A. Attempt to seal off the tunnels to the demonic forces
B. Build up our forces and wipe them out
C. Other
>>
>>45283000
B
>>
>>45283000
What are our forces compared to theirs?
>>
>>45283000
I say we move to crush them immediately with our full force unless we have the capability of crafting tunnel-portable ballistas within 2 days.

If we can get the ballistas working use them to kill the demon while the melee forces kill or otherwise tie up everything.
>>
>>45283086
We have 250 regular soldiers and 100 militia available(50 are on rotation with the Palmese)

We have yet to train any mages yet, but arcane magic can be effective against demons.

>>45283119
We will need Advanced Weaponcrafting and Advanced Mechanical understanding to build ballistas
>>
>>45283166
Then I say we strike immediately and ready whatever medical aid we can for the casualties we are about to take.
>>
>>45283223
>>45283119
>>45283079
Every available member of our army is called up to join the assault 250 men are sent in the first wave, with 100 soldiers being held back as a reserve and to also maintain a front of normalcy with the Palmese

Please roll a 1d10, I will take average of first 3 rolls to determine the success or failure of the assault
>>
>>45283166
I say we wait until we train at least some mages. Obviously gear their training towards daemon banishment or even imprisonment.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>45283300
Welcome to die!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>45283300
>>
>>45283300
I think we should get more mages and consult the ancient tomes for info before we assault.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>45283443
fucking dice roll
>>
>>45283443
>>45283327
>>45283330
>>45283380
It seems we have some debate on the council whether or not to press the attack without mage support.

A. Hold off the attack until we have mages
B. Attack now before the cultists gather greater strength
>>
>>45283477
>A. Hold off the attack until we have mages
>>
>>45283477
i say we attack unless we can train mages before they complete the idol. The idol worries me.
>>
>>45283477
Ah shit. Can't risk them completing the idol before we get mages. Attack now.
>>
>>45283690
>>45283663
Alright assault it its, please roll 1d10, I will take average of 3 just like before, you guys better hope this ends better than last time.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>45283800
Lets take the sacrifices of our soldiers as a sign that we need to become more aware of the consequences of our actions have in the future.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>45283800
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>45283800
Sorry if this doesnt work out.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>
>>45283922
>>45283909
>>45283878
Average of 5

Olaf orders the assault and our meet the cultists and trolls in close combat, many of our number going down to arcane bolts.

The superior size and strength of the trolls makes them dangerous while the cultists, already strong and clever as they are dwarves, are fanatically loyal and have increased intelligence and the ability to create arcane bolts, making them a constant threat to our infantry.

The assault is successful but costly, with 100 of our men dead and another 50 wounded. The assault force has 100 effective troops left and the demon and a handful of his surviving followers have fallen back to the altar itself.

A. Gather the rest of our men(risks alerting the Palmese) and finish them off
B. Finish them with the troops we have there
C. Withdraw our men from the southern tunnels
D. Other
>>
>>45284045
>B. Finish them with the troops we have there
Go big or go home.
>>
>>45284080
This. Hopefully the demon running is a sign that it's still weak.
>>
>>45284045
B. 100 men can finish a 1000 pound demon. He retreats because he either knows this, or the altar gives him an advantage. I bet it doesnt because it isn't finished. Advance.
>>
Should we post the Weekend Civilization General discussion or is there not enough interest right now?
>>
>>45284045
B
end it now.
>>
>>45284186
>>45284080
>>45284148
>>45284126
Alright roll a d10, ill take average of 3 just like last time
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>45284221
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>45284221
inb4 three 1s
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>45284221
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>45284221
>>
>>45284261
I should just recuse myself from these rolls lol.
>>
File: 1393172685745.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1393172685745.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>45284236
>>45284261
>>45284262
luckily anon got an 8, but fuck me these rolls...
>>
>>45284236
>>45284249
>>45284261
We're hosed.
>>
>>45284311
I think we had good odds. The poor rolls cant change that, we just probably take heavier casualties.
>>
>>45284289
me too
>>
>>45284408
>The poor rolls cant change that
I disagree. While 13/30 might not wipe us, if we rolled bad enough we should fail.
>>
>>45284236
>>45284249
>>45284261
average rounds up to 5,

The demon and its followers stand together on the high steps of the monolithic altar, casting arcane bolts while the demon itself begins channeling a spell and a portal can be seen visibly opening up above him.

The dwarven warriors lock shields and move up the monolithic structure, culminating in a bloodbath on the top.

The demon stops its mighty spell to meet our men, cutting down many, forcing Olaf to lead the final assault himself, inspiring a great charge that ultimately cost him his leg after being struck by a blow from the demon.

After 20 minutes of savage fighting the demon lies slain, its head separated from its body. It is surrounded by the corpses of its followers and over 60 of our men.

Less that 100 men survive of the original assault force, most being wounded, but at least the demonic influence has been stopped and the Palmese do not know any better
>>
>>45284474
we didn't even commit all our forces right?
>>
>>45284506
No we still have 100 men left at base
>>
>>45284474
Alright guys I gotta go for the day, this seems like a decent place to stop for the day

follow me at @TeamShmeh on twitter for scheduling updates and other information
>>
>>45284605
You guys can feel free to discuss long term strategy and fluff stuff for the civ
>>
File: dwarf_by_cynic_pavel-d5kz1cx.jpg (250KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_by_cynic_pavel-d5kz1cx.jpg
250KB, 900x1200px
>>45284474
Hail Olaf the demon slayer!

>>45284627
We should raze the altar/temple and burn every troll, cultist and demon limb.

Also, what do you guys think about trying to upgrade our status with the Palmese to a March (semi independent military state) instead of outright rebelling, saving us a lot of bloodshed, and lifting the trading restrictions on us?
We could be like the elite units of the alliance, which we could exploit later to take more power.

Kinda along the lines someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also we should start training mages.
>>
>>45284728
pretty much.
we are practically a march, since we just tribute a bodyguard and some money.
>>
>>45284824
Yeah, but how do we bring it up with them without it backfiring?
Maybe tell them we could offer more military service if they lessened our trading restrictions and gave us more freedom and a position in their council or as advisors.
And we'll have to make sure the troops we send are led by officers loyal to us.
>>
>>45284728
>>45284824
I would like to see an economic victory rather than a bloody one. Or rather, a meritious victory rather than an economic one.

Basically like how the Scots have become powerful in British politics despite how they were originally subjugated under the English.

It is said Scotland is a country which does not match the quality of its people.
>>
>>45284971
>led by officers loyal to us.

This is not an issue if we invest in a strong and healthy nationalism. To wit, one that does not seek to be better than ones fellows, but better than oneself yesterday.

Every soldier seconded to them will know their loyalty.
>>
>>45285050
That's a great idea.
>>
>>45284154
>>45285064
>>
That was a brutal conclusion. We should invest or military endevours in creating defensive tactics that conserve more lives. We should create an elite force with great armor and survivability, with regiment tactics that include a healthy mix of crossbows, crew served mobile ballistas and heavily armored blocks of infantry.

Crossbowmen and ballistas should be trained how to entrench themselves and create temporary fortifications by doing what we do best. Digging.
>>
>>45285646
goat/boar pulled mobile ballistas! also mages.
>>
>>45285646
>>45285797
See >>45285156
>>
>>45285797
>>45285646
Improving our military tech and infrastructure would go a long way to keeping our men alive and our military endeavors more successful
>>
>>45289980
>Improving our military tech and infrastructure
I don't know why we haven't.
We've barely done any base improvement cause people wanna keep venturing and expanding everytime its an option.
They forget that the only buildings we have are houses, a wall, training grounds, and now a military academy.
We have advanced iron working, but we haven't even taken advantage of it in the slightest. I think I spent like 3 turns trying to get better walls.
And I know better farms are great, but shit man we practically live in mudhuts.
>>
>>45290074
Still I think weve come a long way in the 5 years since our people settled here. But I agree that the councils policies seem a little unbalanced at times, though I like the aggressive push for expansion

I use paradox games as a major influence for gm style on these civ games
>>
>>45290167
Nothing wrong with expanding, but at some point people need to stop long enough to make use of what they have, and learn to make better stuff.
>>
>>45290203
I agree and I think our grasp is starting to exceed our reach with our current military and technology
>>
>>45290203
In fact I would recommend getting diplomatic ties with someone else or start stealing Palmese technology to capitalize on our current situation
>>
>>45290337
I doubt we're gonna steal from Palm, most people here today seemed to want to be their best buddies.
>>
>>45290368
My understanding though is we stay buddies just until we are strong enough to take Palma's place as the dominant power of this region
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.