[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/, with the news that Fenris is about to suffer the fate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 45

File: 1426056033597.jpg (158KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1426056033597.jpg
158KB, 800x1143px
So /tg/, with the news that Fenris is about to suffer the fate of Prospero, I'm going to be running a series of sessions involving the Siege of the Fang. The players control an Inquistion/Minostorum task force sent to aid the loyalist space marines in assaulting the vile, heretical Space Wolves.

In order to facilitate this task I would like a full list of all teamkilling incidents by the obviously traitorous Space Wolves legion, so that their crimes may be read to Logan Grimnar before he is executed.
>>
>>45268340
They attacked the Ecclisiarchy after they refused to fuck off from Fenris.

That's all I can think of The war after Armageddon is Black Library shit.
>>
>>45268381
Ok, and that was 866 m41, according to Lexicanum.

Wasn't the disagreement between the Wolves and =][= canon in some form though?
>>
File: angronarmageddon.jpg (2MB, 1239x1754px) Image search: [Google]
angronarmageddon.jpg
2MB, 1239x1754px
>>45268436
Not in any team killing form.
>>
>>45268340
What would that purity seal on her right arm look like if her right arm was down by her side?
>>
>>45268838
About half as bad as her face is going to look if she thinks her band of baby-killers and psychopaths thinks they can piss off a First Founding Chapter and even hope to survive
>>
>>45268340
Oh boy! Is Lemon Russel coming home finally? That should be FUN.
>>
>>45268340
Oh, is another battle of the fang thing happening, where can I read about it?
>>
>>45269627
According to the leaks, there's at least two other First Founding chapters (and many more non-First) getting involved in facing the Wolves, so the Inquisition is most definitely not alone here.
>>
>>45271884
Geez, where's this coming from, what the hell did they do to get founders on them?
>>
>>45272258
It's apparently believed by the wider Imperium that the Fenris system is falling to daemonic incursion, if I'm interpreting the leaker right. His info is pretty skeleton, so it's kinda hard to understand. It's on Natfka.
>>
File: 13.jpg (687KB, 1251x1762px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
687KB, 1251x1762px
>>45268381
>>45268436
>>45268483

Try the 5e Codex: Grey Knights - the release of which forced ADB to completely rewrite The Emperor's Gift (although I've always been somewhat skeptical about what exactly could have changed so drastically as to render all his previous work invalid). It didn't explicitly mention outright war, but did say this:

>However, many thousands of soldiers slipped through the tightening noose. This was perhaps because the scale of cull being attempted on Armageddon far surpassed any that had previously taken place, although matters were further complicated by the fact that Logan Grimnar, who vehemently abhorred such practices, did everything he could to inhibit the Inquisition's agents. Thus was the Inquisition given cause to pay closer attention to the deeds of the Space Wolves in the years that followed.

Papa Wolf went from speaking out against the cull to actively working against the Inquisition, who are now the focus rather than the Administratum. As of the Space Wolves codex earlier in the same edition, he'd only refrained from violence (against the Administratum) due to Ulrik's counsel, but with the new GK fluff it wasn't a great leap that the man who in the past "has willingly, some would say joyfully, led his forces into battle against Imperial institutions" might lead his forces into battle against an Imperial institution yet again.
>>
File: 1292922035_c61fadf342c3.jpg (60KB, 443x604px) Image search: [Google]
1292922035_c61fadf342c3.jpg
60KB, 443x604px
>>45268340
you sound like a pretty cool dude

may the emperors will be done my friend
>>
>>45273909

ADB wanted to portray GK and the Inquisition as good guys, but GW's intent was that they were not, but the Space Wolves were.

Hence the 5th edition SW codex not only says Logan led his forces against Imperium many times, but also implies that the purges of Armageddon were unnecessary dickishness because the rich and powerful of the planet were spared - only the regular citizenry and guard were subject to them.
>>
>>45275389
>ADB wanted to portray GK and the Inquisition as good guys, but GW's intent was that they were not, but the Space Wolves were.
>
>Hence the 5th edition SW codex not only says Logan led his forces against Imperium many times, but also implies that the purges of Armageddon were unnecessary dickishness because the rich and powerful of the planet were spared - only the regular citizenry and guard were subject to them.

That's kinda lame, if that's the case. I'm all for Space Wolves being bros and fighting for the little guy, but the fucked-up fact of the matter is that those people the Inquisition wanted to purge could very well be threats to the Imperium due to how Chaos corruption works.

I'm not opposed to them helping people and putting a hand up at the Inquisition while doing so, and having it being portrayed as a grim, but necessary, process (because it is necessary, but it's certainly not a cool thing to do), because that's a big part of the Space Wolves' character, but the Inquisition aren't dicks for the sake of being dicks.
>>
>>45276992
>but the Inquisition aren't dicks for the sake of being dicks.
Usually.
In ADB's telling of the Armageddon tale, the Space Wolves initially agreed for the guardsmen to be purged, but for the people in the unaffected hives to be spared.

After the war was over, a new Inquisitor took charge and basically said, "I made no such agreement" and started purging everyone.

So the Space Wolves, like children, started saving guardsmen because those are precisely the people the Inquisition didn't want saved.

And so the new Inquisitor Lord came off like an asshole and the Space Wolves like children.
>>
>>45277459
>And so the new Inquisitor Lord came off like an asshole and the Space Wolves like children.
You have a problem if you have to portray antagonist as a complete asshole. Space puppies punishing the puppy kicker.
>>
>>45277459
>>45277611

ABD's book doesn't mention that Inquisition spared the elites of Armageddon, making them look less dickish and more pragmatic than in the Space Wolf codex.
>>
>>45275389

I must admit: I'd really like to hear more about the SOB/Marine scuffle from the Ecclessiarchy side.

See if there was more to it than just 'Ecclessiarchy is trying to be bossy'. Like say, actual evidence of Chaos Infiltration in some of the remote tribes that they believed that they were more capable of rooting out than the Wolves.
>>
>>45277628
>that Inquisition spared the elites of Armageddon
That's not pragmatic if you have to deal with chaos corruption in higher circles in the future. This is particular inquisitor's fault.
>>
>>45277653
There have been a few SOB/marine scuffles in lore. Such as with the Angel's Vermillion. A blood angels successor who's home planet was put under siege by the order of the Argent shroud just before Armageddon.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Vermillion
>>
>>45277691

Well duh but the point is that the bit about sparing elites is only in the codex, not in the BL book. I don't know whether ADB forgot it or omitted it because he did not want to make Inquisition look too as bad as the codex.
>>
>>45277729

Sorry, I should have proofread.

I meant the Wolves/Ecclessiarchy brawl where the Wolves shot at an Ecclessiarchy ship.
>>
File: 1376573150833.jpg (28KB, 150x213px) Image search: [Google]
1376573150833.jpg
28KB, 150x213px
>>45277691
But it would explain why von Strab was such a dick come the Second War of Armageddon.
>>
>>45277729

There's also Inquisitor Pietas and her Celestian force vs the Sons of Malice before they went officially traitor. That didn't go well for the Sisters.
>>
>>45277757
Well, to be fair, the Wolves have a lot longer memory than the Ecclessiarchy. Remember the time when some rogue cardinal tried to invade their world? That's something to hold a grudge over.

I remember the event you're talking about, though.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fenris_Incident
>>
>>45277746
I like to think the latter, ADB can be pretty based sometimes.
>>
>>45277826

Yeah, that's it.

I'd like to see that from the SOB perspective, not just the marine one.

Well, ok. the SOB perspective is likely something like:

>The fuckwit cardinal did WHAT?
>We need to go invade WHO now?
>Can we please just Alicia Domina his ass and not fight a first founding chapter?

So maybe more the Ecclessiarchy perspective.
>>
>>45268340
Except it isn't
The end sentence as I posted in the other thread is finer is system
So an outer planet gets burnt that none hear of before
Remember that prophecy they needed to rescue the GK and they did rescue them
So GK slap seal of purity on the wulfen and bring the purifiers to burn the arsefuckers of Caliban
>>
>>45272339
M8 the fuckin novella is out there as is the revised codex and campaign book
>>
>>45277855
I love the SoB, but they don't seem to be the type to be that level-headed and practical about it. Usually it'd probably be more like:

>The Emperor has judged this chapter to be tainted and out of his light, and we shall cleanse them in holy flame!
>If we are taking large amounts of losses, it is the Emperor's will that we few who remain fight harder!

It'd basically be pic related but with Sisters instead of Dark Eldar.
>>
>>45277900

Actually, I more or less copied the opinion they had of the Ecclessiarchy in both the SOB novels and the Enforcer Trilogy.

The latter has the SOB 'Conveniently' miss on seeing a priest get decked because he was being a petty fucker and they were supposed to be his bodyguards.

As far as the books with them as main characters have portrayed them, not even the Sisters like the Ecclessiarchy all the time.
>>
>>45277868
Sothe GK approve of the Wulfen or what?

Last I checked, they were just Warp-resistant Werewolves.

Makes sense for the GK just to see them as some kind of Super-Abhuman.
>>
>>45277925
That's a pretty interesting viewpoint to take, as in what BL literature I've read, they've usually been religiously devoted, like in Flesh and Iron, or one book where they serve a radical Istvaanian Inquisitor.
>>
>>45277968
GK were in system being attacked by daemons
Krom went to help them against orders due to the prophecy
So I'm guessing the story will progress with GK saying wolves aren't tainted
Maybe a parley after the first planet gets burnt
GK go to speak to da on the rock
Catch out changeling
Mega face palm
Combined action just in time for thousand sons strike force coming in to deal killing blow
Cue chaosfags crying they are never allowed to win cf AoS
>>
>>45277925
I kind of wish the Ecclisarchy wasn't played to be the villain in just about their every appearance. I'd like to see a well meaning Cardinal for a change.
>>
>>45278028
So GK having to slap Inquisitors and tell them to stop being triggerhappy cunts as usual I see.
>>
>>45278047
But Catholics are evil irl only outmatched by southern baptists
>>
>>45278014

Oh, that Radical one is...bad. Really bad. I mean 'Fat old priest killed a power armoured soldier in a grapple'?

But yeah, the two SOB books and the Enforcer Trilogy have them (Though they are secondary characters in the latter) as the very pragmatic and practical side of the Ecclessiarchy as they are soldiers as much as nuns. In the Second SOB book they get into an argument with the Mechanicus as they have an enemy force in the area and they don't have time to deal with their bullshit until after it's secured.
>>
>>45278014
They are devoted to the Emperor, not other personas. That kinda fits their history of origin.
>>
>>45278047

The second SOB book as a few of them. The first book...a lot less.

The end of it is SOB vs Ecclessiarchy

The Gaunt's Ghosts has a couple of well meaning members but it's not a very good depiction of the Ecclessiarchy as it portrays them as well meaning but kinda fucking stupid, unaware that they live in a violent universe.
>>
>>45277900

>posting pic unironically
>>
File: 1335682098437.jpg (131KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1335682098437.jpg
131KB, 600x600px
>>45278063
I'll be honest, I nearly stopped reading it at several points. An inquisitorial operative being made into a commissar and magically knowing what to do, the annoying back and forth shift between what was going on in the present and what had happened before...I ended up sticking with it because, despite its lore-rape at various points, it managed to pull a pretty interesting story out of the ashes, what with genestealer orks and some pretty awesome stormtroopers, and the weirdly alien glass-forest planet.

I guess it might depend by the order and who's in charge? Some Sisters are extremely fanatical, some are very practical. And like you said, they're soldiers as much as nuns. I could imagine some Sisters becoming more and more radical in their beliefs as a way to cope with long campaigns and heretical enemies.
>>
>>45278152
Wait
I must have forgotten this one
Which novel?
>>
>>45278152
hey, cmon, Redemption corps wasn't that bad.
it had a pretty cool badguy that wasn't a chaos daemon, and the inquisitor seemed like he was their prisoner.
>>
>>45278152

>I guess it might depend by the order and who's in charge? Some Sisters are extremely fanatical, some are very practical. And like you said, they're soldiers as much as nuns. I could imagine some Sisters becoming more and more radical in their beliefs as a way to cope with long campaigns and heretical enemies.

Yeah. I think that's the core of the issue the SOB have in depictions.

You put the Dark Angels in a book and you don't expect them to act like Salamanders and everyone gets that.

The SOB have 6 orders. One of which is famous for being fanatical beyond sanity, one for being concerned with Good above Law D&D Paladins and another other for being exceptionally levelheaded, tactical and pragmatic and people sorta expect them to act the same.
>>
>>45268340

Is it just me, or is she carrying a Player's Handbook 3.5 edition?
>>
File: DIE FOR THE EMPRAH.png (623KB, 588x427px) Image search: [Google]
DIE FOR THE EMPRAH.png
623KB, 588x427px
Wait is Fenris actually going to be Prosperoed canonically?

Man first my Space Vikings get turned into Yiff meme shit and now they're gonna possibly get Squatted.
>>
>>45278187

Redemption Corps. It had a story to tell and sorta went 'Story can overrule various factions really not acting like they do'. The SOB are one of the worse parts of it, working with a Radical Istvaanians Inquisitor.

Istvaanians are they guys who like to make the Imperium a worse place to live as they think it makes people fight harder. They are such douchcannoes they have been denounced by the rest of the Inquisition for being too dicky.

It wasn't 100% bad (I mean, it's no C.S Goto) but it wasn't great.
>>
>>45278211
No, the Fenris system just gets attacked because people think it's the cause of the Warp Storms.

GK find out it's a plot by chaos.
>>
>>45278249
the characters were cool.
The major seemed like a guy who took no shit.
>>
>>45268340
what the fuck did i miss????
whats this about Fenris being like Propsero?!
What did happen to my spave wolves???
>>
>>45278187
The title >>45278189 gave. It's in that trilogy with Cadian Blood and Dead Man Walking. Really great if you're tired of Space Marine literature and want some good ol' guardsmen.

I never really got that sense about the Inquisitor, honestly. I got the idea that he was mentally manipulating all the Sisters and worked behind the scenes as much as possible. And I already said I liked the genestealer orks, even if I don't think acted like genestealer orks are supposed to (no actually Genestealers that I remember).

>>45278197
The Dark Angels are rather bog-standard if they don't know about their big secret, honestly. Not particularly nice, and a little stuck-up, but they do their duty and rescue civilians sometimes. You even have one chaplain letting a woman do some grave-robbing of Astartes tombs so that she can feed herself.

I think the SoBs just haven't gotten enough love, simple as that. Which is sad, because they can be pretty damn cool. They're above Guardsmen-level, and even if they're not quite as tough as Space Marines they do pretty well against them and are occasionally admired for how well-trained they are.
>>
>>45278295

Hence 'It wasn't 100% bad'.

With some rewrites it could have been a fine book. It just needed a few more revisions/some changes.
>>
>>45278329
The bad guy was a refreshing change from le evil corruption chaos.
>>
>>45278344
well my knowledge of sisters comes from memes and the fact that they are nuns with guns.
so I didn't notice anything particularly grating.
>>
>>45278329
I think people confuse the DA with the Angels of Redeption alot of the times.

DA go out of their way to rescue people alot of the time because their entire mantra is "Selfless sacrifice is the purest form of service"

It's just the DA are also on a mission to capture their fallen brothers.
>>
>>45278266
Oh so it's Magnus/Tzeench trying to destroy the Wolves by turning the Imperium on them?
>>
>>45278329

>The Dark Angels are rather bog-standard if they don't know about their big secret, honestly. Not particularly nice, and a little stuck-up, but they do their duty and rescue civilians sometimes. You even have one chaplain letting a woman do some grave-robbing of Astartes tombs so that she can feed herself.

Maybe a bad example. Replace that with say 'Flesh Tearers'. My core point was 'There is a lot of marine chapters and they all get enough of a look for people to be able to realize they don't all act the same'. Same with Guard Battalions.

The SOB don't turn up enough for people to really identify the various Orders in the same sort of way. So you get a rather conflicting view of what they are like as they get seen as 'The SOB' rather than 'The Bloody Rose Order'

>I think the SoBs just haven't gotten enough love, simple as that. Which is sad, because they can be pretty damn cool. They're above Guardsmen-level, and even if they're not quite as tough as Space Marines they do pretty well against them and are occasionally admired for how well-trained they are.

As much as I didn't like the payoff for the audiobook I rather liked how the SOB were described as fighting in a Space Marine/SOB vs Chaos one. Marines are skilled warriors...but that's it. They are warriors. Even when working together they are each an individual god of war. The SOB fight like parts in a single machine, with almost unnatural precision and understanding of where the rest of the force is due to knowing what the Battle Hymns actually mean on a tactical level.
>>
>>45278370
Sounds like it.

DA and Iron hands all to happy to take up the sword against the Wolves, and the Inquisition have a score to settle.

GK however sense shenanigans because Wulfen have always been chaos-resistant and GK confirm they're actually fighting chaos.
>>
>>45278413
>Grey Knights side with Space Wolves and take on the Inquisition

Please let this be.
>>
This just goes to show that the Lamentors are the best chapter.
>>
File: 367px-Imperial_Stormtrooper2.jpg (28KB, 328x400px) Image search: [Google]
367px-Imperial_Stormtrooper2.jpg
28KB, 328x400px
>>45278295
I liked how there was a casual relationship between the major and that Mordian girl. Kind of ballsy when most BL literature doesn't seem to mention that stuff.

It took me a while to figure out his character, though. Especially since the first part of the novel has him more or less massacring a guard regiment to save their dick of a commissar, and then shooting him. If you were gonna do that, why'd you kill them all off, huh? You even knew which side was the real dick.

The squad of stormtroopers themselves were pretty cool, especially as you saw them get whittled down and change a bit as time went on. Pilot lady was cute. Ork genestealer twist, as I've mentioned, was pleasant, and does make a nice change from CHAOS, but it wasn't quite as good as Iron Guard's Dark Eldar tweest.

>>45278364
I wouldn't go as far as to call the DA heroes or humanitarians or anything. It's just unlike the AoR, they know how to properly do their duty and actually know to protect people.

I wish they'd focus a little less on the hunt, though. It's hard to find many points in their history where they're doing something without having it be a pretext for Fallen-hunting.
>>
>>45278438
Well it is "I fucking hate shit not getting done" Stern.

So you bet your ass he's going to slap some retarded inquisitor's cock off his head, tell the Dark Angels to cheer the fuck up then lash a couple of Wulfen to his arms and slap chaos in the face.
>>
>>45278413
>GK help mutants
GW is beyond salvation
>>
File: Stern.jpg (245KB, 616x858px) Image search: [Google]
Stern.jpg
245KB, 616x858px
>>45278413
I don't know if that'd stop the Iron Hands, though I know the GK have their gaunlets wrapped tightly around the DA's balls so they can drag them anywhere. The Iron Hands would probably be like

>ERROR: why do you not replace the mutating flesh with bionics?
>>
>>45278490
Iron hands are just miserable fuckers, It probably won't take much to tell them to just torch chaos bits instead.
>>
>>45278490

You have robowolves, why not robomarines? Instead you do the stupid thing and take the dumb half of a robowolf and stick it on a marine.
>>
>>45278477
>A chapter of Mutant space marines who are chaos resistant respecting another form of mutant space marines who are chaos resistant.

Wulfen are genetic mutants, not chaos tainted ones, that's always a plus.
>>
>>45278458
the relationship in question wasn't too forced either.
I found Gaunt's interactions with chicks grating but not the good major's.
The stormtroopers were badass too.
>>
>>45278559
It was a pretty well done casual relationship. They fuck while travelling in space and that's about it, although through the novel you get hints that Mordian cares more than she lets on, and being Mordian she's the best second in command the Major could ever have.
>>
>>45278615
yeah, not overdone at all.
Abnett really doesn't do romances well in comparison.
>>
File: Iron Hands Iron Father.jpg (231KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Hands Iron Father.jpg
231KB, 768x1024px
>>45278490
The Wulfen are basically the Iron Hands nightmare scenario - a First Founding chapter that has succumbed to the weakness of the Flesh and rather than attempting to cut it out has embraced it. Trying to explain it as something they've had for a long time rather than a recent mutation is even worse, because then it feeds into the Iron Hand paranoia that the other Marine chapters are deviants who will fail the Imperium when they are most needed. For thousands of years they've hid this - what else are they hiding? What about the other Chapters? Did they know? Did they help cover it up? How deep does the rot go? What about the Salamanders? What about the Raven Guard? What about the Dark Angels? (at this point the DA representative votes to go full purge to show their loyalty and total lack of secrets)
>>
>>45278197
Well one thing to tale from all this is thay for all their catholic trappings the sisters are more prodestant, seeing it as a direct line between man and emperor, I feel that is a useful guiding point for their piety when writing
>>
>>45268340

Wait, the Inquisition is attacking Fenris? Is the timeline moving forward an edge?
>>
>>45278650
I haven't read enough of his work to give a yes or no on that. Eisenhorn's relationship with what'sherBlank seemed well done enough, even if I don't honestly like how he portrays female characters. Yeah, yeah, call me SJW, but do they always have to be sexy and flippant up until the moment their skills are actually useful?

While we're kind of on the subject of stormtroopers, is there a difference between a hotshot lasgun and a hellgun?
>>
>>45278694
>While we're kind of on the subject of stormtroopers, is there a difference between a hotshot lasgun and a hellgun?

Editions, mostly.
>>
>>45278687
No the Imperium is.
"Over a dozen chapter runes, knightly houses and Astra Militarum".

The Dark Angels convinced everyone including the Ultramarines that the Space Wolves fell to chaos because of the Wulfin combined with daemons following them around
>>
>>45278694
eh, I agree.
BL really doesn't do female characters well for the most part.
also, isn't the Hell in hellgun an acronym for high powered laser or something?
>>
>>45278694
>>45278765
Hotshot Lasguns fluff is that they are upgraded Hellguns.

Same firepower, but the battery system allows them to shoot as much as if they were wearing power packs.

This allows Stormtroopers/Tempestus Scions to finally utilize Gravshutes in their tactics.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-12-01-43.png (221KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-12-01-43.png
221KB, 1280x800px
>>45278757
Spoilers
>>
>>45278757
One of the few times I want Dark Angels to win. I hate SW more than Douche Angels.
>>
>>45278813
Darn. Now I feel sorry for the space yiffs.
>>
>>45278757
Inb4 The Lion wakes up to stop this madness because SW and DA are good brotherly rivals.
>>
>>45278844
Betrayed by their own cousins as a result of Chaos misleadings.

Space Wolves about to feel sorrow as The Thousand Sons did.
>>
>>45278813
My homebrew sent a company
>>
File: not like this.gif (731KB, 280x160px) Image search: [Google]
not like this.gif
731KB, 280x160px
>>45278813
They've been through a lot, and gone full wolfy wolf, but they don't deserve this. They could still be cool viking badasses.
>>
>>45278844
should have used restraint on prospero then.
>>
>>45278885
>>45278916
Probably Bjorn will realize this since the current marines don't know how it was when Prospero burned.
>>
>>45278885
Using flamers and horrors as tutelaries
Yeah very unchaoslike
>>
I wonder if all this is going to summon Russ and the 13th Company from their time in the Warp.

>The Wolftime is actually Russ returning and all SWs going full Wulfen Rage Mode
>>
>yiffs are gonna burn
>54 factions in the 1st Total warhammer game
What a time to be alive
>>
>>45278857
And then the Iron Hands start screaming that Fulgrim was a brother to Ferrus once as well and start aiming at the Dark Angels.

>>45278941
At scrying portals and crystal balls around the planet of Sorcerers popcorn is opened.
>>
>>45278958
13th Company is the reason why the Imperium is about to roll over the Space Wolves in the first place

>yfw the daemonic incursions following the 13th is states to have formed the sigil of the Crimson King
>yfw the yiffs will suffer, as Magnus has sufferes
>>
File: smugcyclops.png (470KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
smugcyclops.png
470KB, 468x810px
>>45278994
>>
>>45278958
>Russ comes back
>the Lion wakes up
>both muster up their armies on the frozen wastelands of Fenris
>each army halts as the primachs slowly begin to approach each other
>instead of reaching for their weapons, each goes to punch the other, but then the Lion clasps his brother's wrists as Russ laughs and pulls him into a hug
>>
>>45279036
2 punches thrown that day
1 primarch walked away.
>>
>>45278757

Is this from some new novel or a codex or what?
>>
>>45279046
I know, but I'd find it fun if it seemed like they were about to repeat their earlier punchout session, but it had been so many millennia, and Russ was just happy to see one of his brothers again, even if it was the Lion.

And I also wanted to crib off of the Braveheart scene where they send in the Irish to charge to Scots.
>>
>>45279079
Is mel gibson the biggest hack ever?
>>
>>45278994
Imperium's fw they listened to the Unloyal Dark Angels to kill one of the more loyal Chapters which had a good chance of helping defend the Imperium from the 13th Black Crusade.
Imperium's face when they've successfully betrayed Russ and possibly tippped him over the edge making him fall to Chaos.
Yfw history repeats itself again except with Wolves instead of Sorcerors
>>
>>45279105
>Inner Circle asks why the fuck all that happened
>Asmodai proudly holds up a new black pearl
>>
Anyone got the campaign book and willing to share?
>>
>>45279036
Invasion turns into massive feast and celebration at the return of two primarchs. Iron Hands sit in corner brooding the entire time.
>>
File: Axes of Russ Warlord 3.png (37KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Axes of Russ Warlord 3.png
37KB, 201x281px
>>45278813
WE SHALL STAND WITH OUR PROGENITORS!!

AXES OF RUSS!! FOR RUSS WE HOWL!!!
>>
>>45279144
Umm nothing to do with asmodai
Changeling is on board the rock
>>
>>45279105

The Wolves found Russ' armor long ago, it was on display in a Chaos temple. He's either dead or naked, probably both.
>>
>>45278966
>At scrying portals and crystal balls around the planet of Sorcerers popcorn is opened.

Wondering what the Sorcerers are thinking?

Something like:

Sorcerer 1: Now they'll feel how we felt ten millennia ago.
Sorcerer 2: I don't feel bad for them at all. After what they did they deserve it.
>>
>>45278963
Source on that 54 factions ?
>>
>>45279175
>ASMODAI HOLDS UP HIS NEW BLACK PEARL
>"I REALLY DID GET ONE HONEST AND HE DIDN'T DIE BEFORE I GOT HIM TO REPENT THIS TIME"
>>
>>45279199
Also the Changeling came to Fenris to deliver Tzeentch's message to the Wolves.

He told them that Russ is dead and has been dead for a long time.
>>
>>45279237
That's what a Tzeentchian would say to fuck with them.
>>
>>45279222
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBaGEkcr23g/
autists on twcenter counted them.
>>
>>45279146
The Dark Angels drink a lot of Mjod and actually loosen up for once. The Iron Priests manage to get the Iron Hands to have some fun by showing them some cool wolfwolf gear. Russ and the Lion banter and laugh like long-lost brothers. The next day they have the Dark Angels version of a hangover, which has shame instead of headaches.

>>45279237
So are you saying that daemons never ever lie? I'd trust Ahriman over a daemon.
>>
>>45279036
>Lion comes back
>At the same time, Luthor, arguably one of the most powerful chaos champions in the galaxy, vanishes from the rock
>The 13th black crusade is rocked as there is now a second person loose with the blessings of all four gods
>>
>>45279311
Eh, Luther was totally broken. I doubt he'd want to be a Chaos Champion again.
>>
>>45279333
While true, it could at least be an interesting foray back into the 'is the lion actually loyal?' thing, since he's constantly talking about how the lion's going to forgive him when he comes back.
>>
>>45279333
Don´t they have normally no choice in the matter, once they have been corrupted?
>>
>>45279389
It was sort of like a mini-Horus thing - the Chaos Gods got disgusted and all the power of Chaos, and I guess the corruption, left him.
>>
>>45278047
I feel the same about the Mechanicus. There's a few Tech Priests that aren't shitheads in Ciaphas Cain, Eisenhorn, and the Dark Heresy novels, but they're almost universally portrayed as petty assholes that are dicks for the sake of it.
>>
>>45279505

It's different from Horus. As per "Visions of Heresy" Emperor purged Chaos influence from Horus before killing him, but knew that he'd only have a short window before it would return and he couldn't do it a second time.

Luther snapped out of Chaos by himself after beating the Lion, but it's unclear whether he could be repossessed. Dark Angels probably have him hooked up in some serious psychic suppressor machinery.
>>
>Blood Angels under attack from Tyranids and Daemons, each of these already quite dire

>Space Wolves under attack from most of the Imperium
Shit nigga, it really IS the End Times.
>>
>>45279598
What's next? Age of Russ?
>>
>>45279684
I'd like to see the Squats appearing and saving the two.
>>
>>45279708

That would be epic40k.
>>
>>45279773
An anon can dream you know?
>>
>>45279598

IT'S HAPPENING??
>>
>>45279598
It's always been the End Times. It's just GW is amping things up because they're worried about sales.

Notice they haven't had that Hive Fleet hit Terra yet.
>>
>>45278370
Didn't this already happen in the Space Wolves books? With the Thousand Sons trying to perform a ritual to turn every Space Wolf into Wulfen?
>>
Either GW is working on AoSing 40k (doubtful), or the Yiffs come out on top a d status quote is restored. Gg no re. You're silly for thinking otherwise
>>
>>45280060
Why would they try to turn it to be closer to AoS?
>>
>>45280122
Money? Product unity? Slimming down their bloated product line?

Stupidity?
>>
>>45280192
All four?
>>
>>45280236
THIS. Unless they'd be really desperate.
>>
>>45278813
>>45268340
Red Scorpions should join this mutant purge to prove their beliefs
>>
>>45279597
So there was a split second window where Horus was made sane again? And he had to spend it having his soul erased.... damn
>>
>>45279598
this is the kind of shit that drives us all nuts - this kind of gw/bl blindness and stupidity. In the current year of the Imperium, we have a full-scale invasion involving the White Scars and Raven Guard, another invasion involving ALL the Blood Angel successors, the biggest and most successful Black Crusade EVER, the biggest and most successful WAAGH!! EVER -- and, oh, by the way, the Dark Angels have been tricked by a c'tan shard into abandoning Cadia - and , indeed, Terra - so they can organize Imperium forces to wipe out Fenris?????????

Like, does anyone read this shit before they churn it out?? Does anyone at geedubs have even a modicum of memory and reason?? NONE of this fits the established lore!! (Not to mention how the hell they plan to fit all of this nonsense into that last day of year 999.....) I mean, jesus fucking christ, the Dark Angels know the Space Wolves better than anybody - they've been rivals for more than 10,000 years, they know exactly how each other operates. The dangles and the yiffs have earned a lot of leeway from each other over that time. And the dangles have a worse relationship with the inquisition and gk's than the yiffs...not to mention the ridiculous levels of purity and security maintained by the dangles: they are perhaps the MOST difficult chapter to infiltrate, even for a god-shard.

0/10, shit-tier thinking
>>
>>45268340
I didn't realize that BL was suddenly in charge of making everything 100% canon
>>
>>45280877
They are according to Laurie.
But 58% of /tg/ has declared his declaration dumb.
>>
>>45280785

He cried and begged Emperor to do it in fact.
>>
>>45281077
Father of the year.
>>
>>45281077
Never 4 get ;_;7
>>
File: 1376928005441.gif (423KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376928005441.gif
423KB, 640x480px
>>45281077
Goddamn that was one of the dumbest additions to that fluff bit.
Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>45278047
I feel like we need a Cardinal that is a "more good" version of Mozgus, from berserk.
>>
>>45281119
Im only now learning of it, what was it before and why was it better?
>>
>>45281144
Honestly, even just copy-pasting Mozgus into a 40k Cardinal would be dandy.
>>
File: emp.jpg (129KB, 585x361px) Image search: [Google]
emp.jpg
129KB, 585x361px
>>45281160

Just crying.
>>
>>45281160
Before it just said, "Sanity returned to the warmaster" and that tears glistened in his eyes.
There was no faggy speech about "pls kill me".
Just the Emperor seeing the terror and regret in his son's eyes, but knowing what he had to do.
Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>45279171
>Gee Borri, the chaptermaster let's you have TWO Frostaxes?
>>
>>45281320
He's a big guy, so he's allowed to.
>>
>>45280855
>Changeling
>C'tan shard

>Dark Angels
>abandoning places they aren't anywhere close to

Do YOU read this shit before you churn it out?
>>
>>45281172
>cardinal who everyday gives thanks to the emperor, in a usually painful manner
>Has a small team of 6 abhumans/mutants that are fiercely loyal and equal to their fervor of the Imperial Truth
>A couple of the heretics normal Cardinals and Inquisitors would just outright kill, he would "cleanse with torture", giving their souls atleast the chance to find the emperors grace before death
>is kind to most of the people, and beloved by many more

Shit, I think I need that in 40k. Would be just nice enough to bring some faithful happiness, just grimdark enough to not take it over the edge.
>>
>>45281424
>He dies during a Chaos Daemon incursion.
>People gathered around his lifeless body are unaffected by the corruption of Chaos and Daemons can't even come closer.
>>
>>45280785

Now that I think of it, Horus might have snapped similar to Luther if he had killed the Emperor. This would have led to him purging humanity and weakening Chaos to insignificance. Hence why Cabal wanted him to win, and why Chaos wanted him to die as "the Sacrificed King" and never return.
>>
>>45281209
You are right, thank you for letting me know
>>
>>45281646
It disturbs me greatly that many of the galaxy's happy endings require humanities extinction
>>
>>45281623
truly, the hero and savior we all need
>>
>>45281740
>Grey Knights come in to purge the place.
>See this whole situation.
>Purge the Daemons and then instead of killing off the people, they mindwipe them to forget about the situation and the Cardinal gets a proper burial.
>They do however take one of his bones and install it into a holy banner that is taken out of the reliquaries during Apocalypse-tier battles.
>Chaos suddenly has it now more difficult to fight the Imperials.
>>
>>45278813

yiff in Helheim furfags
>>
>>45281415
yerp, mixed deceiver and changeling up in me mind - fuck. replace c'tan shard with demon shard, then.
as for the dangles, erm, yeah - they WERE fighting chaos during abby's attack, sooooo, buggering off from the eye of terror warzone to pound yiffs is, indeed, abandoning cadia. and terra.
>>
>>45281697
Not the Emperor's happy ending, citizen! The Emperor protects.
>>
>>45281848
is there a way to make/field such a character in 40k?
>>
>>45282359
As in include him into the fluff?

That would be hard to pull off and would require him to have actually something about him that even Karamazov wouldn't go to him to "inquisitively question him about his gifts".
>>
>>45282293
Thanks to players results, in the real campaign they did bugger off to defend the ruins of Caliban rather than help Cadia, so its actually quite in character to get sidetracked by their own internal politics even in dire situations.

Speaking of, when is this whole thing supposed to be happening? Because Grimnir was supposed to be in charge of the Marine forces during the EoT fightback because he was so respected, and the Wulfen were originally created for the campaign / suddenly reappeared during it. Is the EoT campaign not happening again?
>>
>>45282404
I meant more as in "can I make this a character on the table that I can field with the abhumans"?
>>
>>45282422
the dangles faced down the Terminus Est and her fleet, prevented Typhus from changing history, and kept a planet-demon from breaking loose into both the past and the present at once. in the Eye of Terror warzone. where the black crusade was.

and you made mention of dangle internal politics - why? there are no Fallen here......

and i second your question: when is this? is Logan no longer leading Cadia's defense?? did 12+ chapters, the inquisition, and the imperial guard ALL forget that there's a black crusade going on?? right now? right next door to Fenris???? poorly-though-out bullshit
>>
>>45282559
That would also require some work on him, but would be fun to see Chaos Daemons suddenly getting debuffs when charging him while he counterattacks with a giant powerbook to the face.
>>
File: Dark Adepts.jpg (89KB, 670x820px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Adepts.jpg
89KB, 670x820px
Does anyone have a link to the huge archive of 40k eBooks? Going on a trip and I need stuff to read.
>>
File: 067.jpg (812KB, 1164x1634px) Image search: [Google]
067.jpg
812KB, 1164x1634px
>>45282422
>‘And where are those noble Sons of the Lion in our hour of direst need? Are they to abandon us once more, to repeat their actions of ten millennia past when they failed to aid our Lord the Emperor in His final confrontation with the Arch Traitor? Oh woe that the Unforgiven pursue their own Gathering of Angels at the ruins of Caliban, when the Emperor’s servants are dying here, upon the bloody ground of Cadia!’
>>
>>45282650
what army could work with it?
>>
I'm thinking they're going to end up waking up the rumored Kraken in depths of Fenris's sea and everyone's going to have a lot more problems than previously anticipated.
>>
>>45282749
Sisters of Battle and Inquisition (the Ordo Hereticus one) in my opinion since they are the closest one.

Also you could make the Inquisitorial Henchmen into Mutants with the certified loyalty stamp on their foreheads and Abhumans.

Also Imperial Guard if you replace the Guardsmen with Abhumans and Mutants.
>>
>>45276992
Tell the Celestial Lions that
>>
So how much rage do you think the Emperor is feeling towards all this fuckery?
>>
>>45282831
might have to do this now.

See, atleast Something good came out of this release!
>>
>>45282834
Most of the Celestial Lions' interactions with the Inquisition leave it vague as to how many or how powerful the Inquisitors involved were, except for the bombardment event, but that Inquisitor didn't condemn the Celestial Lions' (he even thanked them for trying).
>>
>>45282876
ABSOLUTELY LIVID
>>
>>45282876
Probably he's shitting out ten warp storms at the moment.

>>45282925
You know? That's actually a nice thing you said. Something nice came out of this thread.

So hoping you'll make the force of Cardinal Mozgus and spread the glory of big E and all the goodness that is left in the Imperium.

I'd do it, but I'm broke.
>>
>>45282729
the 13th black crusade is bigger than cadia, the words of a heretic faithless archtraitor mean nothing
>>
>>45283051
as am I, but Like I'd let that stop me! If the word needs to be spread, fuck it, I'm doing it!
>>
>>45282876
Imagine Red Forman with nobody to yell at, his mind is in the warp inventing new curse words that are beyond mortal understanding
>>
>>45280010
This is the 4th time. The one you mentioned, the time the Inquisition and Ecclesiarchy attack (which end with the Lord Inquisitior leading the attack being decapitated by the head Space Yiff himself) and the time some Shrine World ruler got very full of himself shortly after the Reign of Blood ended, declared all other world's to be corrupted, and started building his own empire, which reached Fenris and lost despite outnumbering the Wolves something like 1'000 to one or something.
>>
>>45282729
Possibly this is the event in the Gav Thorpe novels
Typhon and one of the actual chaos unforgiven were using time travel via tusgulsa and the daemon trapped inside caliban and some other artifact to fuck up the past
So it's a good thing they did go
Also they ended up causing the fallen to scatter via a 'literal interpretation of genie wish'
>>
>>45283176
Good luck struggler.
>>
>>45279171
what program was this made in
>>
>>45283314
>Possibly this is the event in the Gav Thorpe novels
>Gav Thorpe novel
stopped reading there, nothing of value could possibly follow.
>>
>>45283464
Chapter Generator.

It's in both Russian and English luckily, yet you need to set this before launching the modules.

Also waiting for when finally the evolution of it, Chapter Constructor, will include all the parts and be in full English (Chapter Constructor has only standard bits and none of the specialized ones from the likes of Dark Angels or Space Wolves).
>>
>>45283488
>butthurt 3rd edition chaosfag detected
>>
>>45283560
Could you link to where I could download this software; searching "chapter generator" doesn't seem to help much
>>
>>45283714
https
:
//
vk.
com
/
chaptergenerator

(sorry that I have to do this this way, because the system is saying that it's spam)

Here you go brother.

Hoping your founding will be fruitful.
>>
>>45283834
Appreciated!
>>
>>45283871
Just keep calm, and purge carefully.
>>
>>45282422
EoT campaign got retconned out a long time ago. The 13th Blakc Crusade is just starting in the current endpoint of 40k fluff, and if they do progress the background I doubt they'll follow the campaign fluff they already retconned once.
>>
>>45282726
I've found every one I looked for by googling the book followed by '4shared'
>>
Is it enough to read Curse of the Wulfen, or are there any previous books?
>>
>>45278458
>I liked how there was a casual relationship between the major and that Mordian girl. Kind of ballsy when most BL literature doesn't seem to mention that stuff.

Is this a book?
>>
>>45278694
I do agree, although I adore Medea Betancore.
>>
>>45278813
If the Imperium thinks a First Founding chapters fallen to chaos, it does not dick around huh. holy shit.
>>
>>45280855
I, personally, like all that stuff. I don't, however, like that it's being all crammed into the timeframe of the very, very end of the 41st Millennium, with little chance of pushing on. It's irritating how they keep teasing the End Times, but that's it.

The 41st Millennium has 1,000 years to make use of; why jam all the big stuff at the very end of it? I don't want the End Times to come, but shit, what's the point?
>>
>>45278813
yfw there's more space marine chapters coming to fuck up the Space Wolves, than there were in the entire Damocles Crusade
>>
File: 1433879423210.gif (2MB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433879423210.gif
2MB, 480x200px
>>45286121
It's because they want to be apart of history.
Crusades happen all the time
How often do you get to purge a chaos corrupted 1st Founding Chapter?
>>
>>45286261
Or they'll be involved in the greatest military disaster in recent Imperial history.

Depends on the distribution of plot armor.
>>
>>45281378
4u
>>
>>45278813
can someone brief me in? i dont know whats happening, also whats with ragnar blackmane?
>>
>>45285236
yes
>>
>>45288134
Tl;dr chaos daemons convinced the Dark Angels that the Wulfen are chaos space wolves and the chapter fell.

Dark Angels got everyone together to purge the Wolves
>>
>>45288230
Dark Angels still being hypocritical faggots it seems.
>>
>>45287859
Krom Dragongaze was told he needed to save the Grey Knights to save their chapter. The surviving Grey knights are probably going to stop the purge
>>
>>45288248
To be fair, all they saw were Wulfen running around killing their scouts leaving daemons in their wake and Space Wolves saving said Wulfen.

And when they arrived on Fenris they'll find chaos daemons everywhere and a Grey Knight battle Barge destroyed by Fenrisian defenses (also set up by chaos)

The dark gods were very thorough
>>
>>45288314
Also Changeling killed and replaced the Dark Angels chief astropath and was whispering in Azrael's ear
>>
File: 1450764209448.jpg (250KB, 705x783px) Image search: [Google]
1450764209448.jpg
250KB, 705x783px
Hi /tg/, OP here! So I've decided that the party's will each be commanding an element of the Inquisition task force sent, which will reinforce the Astartes already there with Minotaurs, SOB, Imperial Guard, and Grey Knights of Modrack's company(who are more aggressive than Stern's). The idea is that they will both command the assault on the Fang and switch to certain strike teams in pivotal moments.

I've read some of the wiki page on the Fang and it says that it's nearly as heavily defended as the Imperial Palace, but what are some ideas for what these defences might consist of?
>>
Just as planned. Tzeentch must be shitting from laugh tho
>>
>>45288466
That's the best part, the daemonic incursions framing the Wulfen formed the sigil of Magnus according to the Grey Knights. The Space Wolves will suffer as Magnus has suffered
>>
>>45288502
Seriously tho if Emperor will get off golden throne he will bitchslap some people so hard
>>
>>45268340
Seriously though, fuck the wolves and their asshole of a planet.
>>
>>45288502
That's the problem with Tzeentch. Always leaving a signature.
>>
>>45288631
Fortunately for the Space Wolves, it got them an ally in the Grey Knights.
Though the Grey Knights vessel was destroyed by Space Wolf defenses (just as planned) the Space Wolves managed to rescue Stern and co. Who will doubtlessly end the purge
>>
File: Loyalty.png (2MB, 1134x786px) Image search: [Google]
Loyalty.png
2MB, 1134x786px
>>45279046
>>
Anyone who thinks the Wolves are going to get wiped out is havin' a laugh. They're one of the most popular 40k armies.

The Wolf haters are going to get twice as salty after they win/avoid annihilation.
>>
>>45288437
A fuckton of automated turrets, for one.
>>
>>45289300
Pretty sure no one thinks that. People are more talking about the Wolves getting punched for once, not cheering that they're going for good.
>>
>>45289455
Be that as it may this:
> The Wolf haters are going to get twice as salty after they win/avoid annihilation.

is still going to happen with grumbling of 'mary sue'.
>>
>>45289582
You're likely right about that. But, hell, I like the Space Wolves myself, and even I'm tired of their shit. I like that they fight for the little guy, but them getting away with everything and being seemingly invincible gets old.
>>
Really? They move nearly the entire DA fleet, the Rock, the Iron Hands, other Space Marines, Grey Knights and an entire crusade of other shit to Fenris to kill the Wolves? With that force they could do something usefull like defending Baal, Cadia or killing of the Tau or doing one of those other extremely important things that need to happen to ensure humanitys survival. Instead they throw a giant crusade against about 3000 Space Marines that have been loyal for 10 millenias, because of some suspicions of heresy.
How does it come that the Imperium has the ressources for such an operation, when it's getting its ass kicked on every major frontline?
>>
>>45290057
Magnus spent 10000 years just-as-planning that shit?
>>
>>45290165
Can't be more than a few thousand years. He already tried to set up the doom of the Space Wolves multiple times.
Also why is Magnus still so god dam salty about Prospero, imagine everybody whose planet got anihilated in 40k would bitch about it for thousand of years.
>>
>>45288437
gate of something aswell
>>
If the history of Fenris indicates anything, it's that you need OVERWHELMING force to besiege the Fang.
>>
>>45290250
Prospero's very much a reason to "stay salty" forever...
>>
>>45290250
>his homeworld
>the people he cared for
>the people he lost his soul to fucking faggot

>why is he still salty

anon, u dissapoint
>>
>>45290344
>>45290473

I know, but everyday some planets blow up. A big chunk of the traitor primarchs destroyed their homeworlds themself. Also exept for Bjorn nobody of the Wolves that attackes Prospero is still alive. Imagine everybody would spend eternities to plot the theatralic downfall of the grandchildren of the dude that wronged him.
>>
>>45290664
Magnus wasnt a psycho and he wanted good. He was isolated and he wasnt understand even by Ahriman.
>>
>>45290664

You wouldnt plot if most of people you cared for died/turned into empty fighting husks?
>>
>>45290761
But he still hasn't done anything than ploting how to kill the Space Wolves for ten thousand years. He has done nothing else since the heresy. He didn't even train Abaddon. This should get boring after sone time. He is as worse as the fantasy dwarves.
>>
Repeating my question. Did Ragnar Blackmane died?
>>
>>45290856
Yeah, thats why i am using -was. He is now just a pawn in tzeentch game, in which tzeentch allowed him to "feel" somewhat victory - ofcourse plot armor over furries wont allow him to taste it fully
>>
File: m2470644a_image-3xl.jpg (65KB, 873x400px) Image search: [Google]
m2470644a_image-3xl.jpg
65KB, 873x400px
>>45290664

>Twice the Changeling had met his foes face to face, as the thrill of running further circles around his quarry was too much to resist. Once, as an adjutant to the Imperial Governor’s Guard, he delivered a datascroll to Brother-Captain Stern, and at another time, the Changeling joined a council of advisors to Inquisitor Karamazov. The many intertwining plans were converging when the Changeling joined the refugee throng, consuming the priest and taking his place. This death too was prearranged, his doom marked years ago when the flea had dared speak aloud Tzeentch’s name, claiming he had the Emperor’s protection and naught to fear. Just another detail; one of nine thousand times nine thousand. Some petty revenges were exacted upon targets in retaliation for their ancestors’ doings, dating as far back as the epoch Mankind called the Age of Strife.
>>
>>45291028
This single bit changed my idea about chaos gods. Maan, those revenge things are so beautiful. Never thought about it that way
>>
>>45290920
Ok, but back to my original question. How does it come that the Imperium can spare a force of that size? Marines from 12 chapters including the majority of the Dark Angels are a fuckhuge amount of Marines compared to other major combat zones or crusades.
>>
Do the Wolves have allies in this conflict or are they completely alone?
>>
>>45291377
>How does it come that the Imperium can spare a force of that size?
It can't. It's drawing forces from everywhere for this.
Consider that anything less would result in a horrible stalemate that would tie up all those elements for basically ever or worse, a complete loss.
>>
>>45291528
Grey Knights.
>>
>>45290862
Wait, seriously?

Does somebody at GW just have a hate boner for Space Wolves now?
>>
>>45291788
He's not stating, he's asking.

Hence the question mark.
>>
>>45291812
So did he die or what?
>>
>>45284030
Are there audiobooks up on 4shared?
>>
>>45277826
>lot longer memory than the Ecclessiarchy
But they seem ready and willing to gleefully ignore that one time fully half of all the Marines turned traitor, which coupled with the fact that the Marines are still a self governing body with no checks or balance ever since they were first founded, is the source of most Marine vs Imperium tension.
>>
>>45277900
And yet Sisters receive some of the best tactical training in the Imperium.
This a fault of BL and fanon a vast majority of this is fanon more then anything. People hear 'screaming fundamentalist' before 'one of the best trained, non-agumented, military forces in the Imperium.'
>>
>>45278057
>Protestant whores detected
>>
>>45291028

>the emperor protects

laughingsluts.tiff
>>
>>45277826
According to that link, that only happened a couple of centuries before this current event. In a setting where Marines have vastly extended lifespans and rejuevenation treatments are a thing, it's quite possible that most of the SW remember that fiasco. It sounds to me more like this tension between them and just about every other institution in the Imperium is a rather recent development, no doubt just as Magnus planned.
>>
File: 14659467073576.jpg (23KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
14659467073576.jpg
23KB, 350x396px
>>45278813
>>
>>45291915
Not yet plus he has rules for his company
Look at the tau campaign
Did aunva get special rules?
Also they have a revised codex - not sure if it's actually on more the preorder yet - and no indication he's dead in that
Basically compare kauyon with curse and then extrapolate to the sequel or even trilogy
Which means alpha legion GK da formations perhaps soon
>>
>>45290664
Welcome to the Jewish mentality - or that of most Eastern Europeans and Arabs
>>
File: RT_Bridge.jpg (642KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RT_Bridge.jpg
642KB, 720x1080px
it would be perfect if only the salamanders came to the defense of the yiffs

the two worst chapters gone in one go
>>
File: free euthanasia for vets.png (72KB, 545x676px) Image search: [Google]
free euthanasia for vets.png
72KB, 545x676px
>>45276992
>but the Inquisition aren't dicks for the sake of being dicks.

The Inquisition has always been and will always be big on euthanizing loyal imperials who saw shit. I hate this cuddly friendly imperium bullshit. They run off the logic of "better safe than sorry" times a thousand.
>>
File: 2013-11-13 14.00.34.png (1MB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-13 14.00.34.png
1MB, 650x823px
>space marines dont know what chaos is

that fluff looks a little too old for its own good

i do agree that you need to silence normies so they dont open up warp portals that kill trillions and doom entire sectors

if it were up to me i would just make it so that the guardsmen were the ones mind scrubbed. like grimdark men in black

murdering all of them as they congratulate each other for victor in the emperors name is a little to edgy for me
>>
>>45297135
meant for >>45297077
>>
>>45278681
You literally posted a picture of the guy who put his foot down and put a stop to the whole "The flesh is the ultimate weakness" thing.
>>
>>45278211
>space wolves
>the single most selling SM supplement in GW history
>squatted

Yeah, no. It's probably just an excuse to make some models of the other wolf lords. Or maybe off a few to give players the chance to make their own lords
>>
File: 1468790878964685368.jpg (443KB, 650x713px) Image search: [Google]
1468790878964685368.jpg
443KB, 650x713px
>>45297152
what? so fucking what you mince? im just posting random 40k pics. my point is still the same

but they if you want to talk about the IH they are pretty retarded with their human hate and GW has had to tone them down over the years. it was just a neat pic

heres a yiff pic even though i fucking hate them
>>
File: Space Wolves - Marines (3).jpg (1MB, 1460x856px) Image search: [Google]
Space Wolves - Marines (3).jpg
1MB, 1460x856px
>>45284624
Pls answer
>>
>>45278813
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHA JUST AS PLANNED!!!!!!!!
>>
On a serious note i actually had nothing to do with this.....it's still satisfying though. NOT SO FUN BEING ON THE OTHER END IS IT!?!
>>
File: Chaplain Says.jpg (4KB, 113x126px) Image search: [Google]
Chaplain Says.jpg
4KB, 113x126px
>>45300065
Then explain to me why the daemonic incursions formed the shape of a Prospero sigil, daemon.
>>
>>45300924
Because they wanted Magnus to take the blame anyway
>>
Why does the imperium only show what it's really made of when in the process of destroying itself? Does humankind secretly want to go extinct?
>>
>>45301031
Welcome to 40k
>>
Official Space Wolves Special Character Tiers:

Mythical Hero Tier:
Leman Russ
Bjorn the Fell-Handed

Bro Tier:
Logan Grimnar
Njal Stormcaller
Ulrik the Slayer
Krom Dragongaze
Lukas the Trickster

Meh Tier:
Hengist Ironaxe
Bran Redmaw
Ragnar Blackmane
Egil Redfist
Hrothgar Frostborn

Yiff Tier:
Harald Deathwolf
Canis Wolfborn
>>
>>45302784
>Ragnar Blackmane
>Meh tier

Take that back!
>>
>inb4 Fenris destroyed, Space Wolves turn into actual Space Vikings, using their fleets to raid and pillage in the name of the Emperor
>>
>>45300924
Because I want them to realize the crime they committed 10 millennia ago is finally being avenged.
>>
>>45302944

Someone committed a heinous crime 10,000 years ago, we can all agree. Something about destroying the Imperial Webway and making pacts with daemons, if I recall correctly?
>>
>>45283314
Honestly that's still pretty horrible fluff and I hate it.

>You caused that which you hate, Dark Angels! Yoooouuu

Was it really so hard to just have the Fallen get scattered around time and space by the Warp? No. It actually worked pretty well, because that's what the warp does. Instead you have to add this 'you were the traitors all along' sort of bullshit on top of it for the shock factor.
>>
File: fight me lion.jpg (66KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
fight me lion.jpg
66KB, 349x642px
>>45288865
>>
>>45297077
this whole notion of exterminating anyone who knows about demons is untenable and ridiculous.
EVERYONE in the Imperium knows about demons; EVERYONE knows about Chaos and the Warp.
It is preached from every pulpit in the realm; every single imperial citizen is admonished to personally despise and reject the works of Chaos.
Chaos is described in the Munitorum's primer for its Imperial Guardsmen: every single Guard soldier has in his possession a book that acknowledges demons.

This notion of ordo malleus 'exterminating everybody but the hurrdurr gk's' is ridiculous fanwank meant only to further the marysue aura of the gk's. It's gayness like this that makes the malleus and the gk's look pathetic and foolish and, well, ridiculous.
>>
>>45302944
Daily reminder that the Emperor considers what Magnus did as the worst forms of oathbreaking.

Also that Malcador does not blame Horus for his fall. However, he totally and resentfully blames Magnus who should have known better.
>>
>>45301031
welcome to geedubs catering to stupid
>>
File: Greypelt_drinking.jpg (164KB, 899x338px) Image search: [Google]
Greypelt_drinking.jpg
164KB, 899x338px
>>45303123
The important question is - did Ward write it, or is this pre-Ward fluff?

Because of fan hate, and how GW quietly shafted him, we've more or less been given the green light to ignore anything Ward wrote.
>>
>>45303153
carnac pls go
>>
>>45303123
>fanwank

It's not fanwank. It's standard procedure that was detailed in the First War of Armageddon and also the Sanctus Reach fluff. Both cases had the Space Wolves interfering to protect the popluce from being purged.

And in Pandorax, the Draigo had to pull some favours in order to rescue Catachan regiments from being purged.
>>
>>45303036
yeah, timeloops and inescapable guilt - methinks the powers that be at gw are trying to tell us something.....
>>
>>45288437
Nothing your inquisitorial defence force will get through considering an OUTER defence system destroyed a Grey Knight battle barge.

You have to remember Fenris is a hostile death world with only one good bit of land.
>>
>>45303182
horus was corrupted
magnus chose sorcery of his own accord

That's old fluff, baybee.
>>
>>45302784
>Ragnar Blackmane
>meh tier

I thought so too 'til I read the ADB novella.
>>
>>45302784
>No Arjac.
>>
Can there possibly be anything good that can come out of this event? Characters getting fleshed out? Good drama being created?
>>
>>45303323
Ulrik the Slayer is going to slap someones shit.

That's always worth it.
>>
>>45303179
huh - i am not sure, anon - i hate to admit it, but i suspect the idea that the malleus kills everybody but gk's predates ward. The first hint of that angle that i can recall coming across is the note about the first Armageddon war, wherein Logan of the wolves is pissed that the citizens and troops were all sterilized/exterminated; i think that was before ward (but i am not certain). But i am sure that ward must have made it worse.
Either way, it's wrong! Everybody knows about demons, so denying their existence is not a viable thing in 40k.
>>
>>45303194
it is wank designed to appeal to fans' basic motivations of bigger, badder, better, awesomer. It is mindlessly appealing to those who want big feels without the thought that goes along with it. EVERYONE in the imperium knows about demons: saying that you're keeping a big secret is ridiculous WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS!!!!!! The local confessor goes on and on and on about demons every bloody day! Demons are NOT a big secret!! gw and bl pretending that demons are a secret is disingenuous and, honestly, very weak writing.
>>
>>45303291

For the hotheaded young hero archetype, he's at least an improvement over Cato Sicarius. I'd have to read the books too.

>>45303306

Forgot him, he belongs in bro tier
>>
>>45303359
The oldest fluff-anything I have access to is the Deathwing anthology, and one of the short stories in there has a very backwards planet - feudal-era tech, except for some anti-grav to avoid wheels - where they regularly 'expunge' daemons from heretics. Granted, most of the time it's just superstition, and there aren't daemons involved, but apparently the holy words used did have some real power, and if publicly hunting out daemons can be done on such a backwater world, why wouldn't it be common anywhere else?
>>
>>45303278
mmmm, but was maggie's crime using the warp? breaking the human webway?? or DEFYING DADDY????????????
>>
>>45303182
It's straight out of Index Chaotica and the Sigillite short story.

Both the Emperor and Malcador think Magnus is a shit worse than Horus.
>>
File: 246.jpg (961KB, 1158x1557px) Image search: [Google]
246.jpg
961KB, 1158x1557px
>>45303179
I'd be pretty impressed if Ward wrote it, given that it first started appearing in the lore over a decade before he joined the company.

>and how GW quietly shafted him
The same way they quietly shafted Rick Priestley, Andy Chambers, Alessio Cavatore, et al?
>>
>>45302784
Where's Kaspar Hausar?
>>
>>45303458
thank you, anon! Deathwing is indeed old fluff, and that makes my point - every planet engages in witch-purging its own population; every imperial citizen is admonished to beware the demon, the heretic.

The idea that the inquisition is keeping demons a secret is beyond ridiculous. Demons are not a secret - exterminating billions to 'keep the secret' is pathetic and weak, a very small-minded grasping for 'drama' and 'conflict'; a very pathetic way to demonstrate how mean and bad the imperium is.

Now, i have no problem with the notion of exterminating billions who have been actually warp tainted; but knowledge is not taint, because EVERYBODY knows. Exterminate the ones whose heads are gonna 'splode; but it is clearly established that mere knowledge does not 'splode heads.
>>
>>45303553
Either way, it says nothing about exterminating people who learn about demons and Chaos - only those who learn about the Grey Knights, which does make some sense because they're supposed to be top secret.
>>
File: 1356118595214.jpg (30KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1356118595214.jpg
30KB, 498x373px
>>45278813
tfw the Imperium knows the Space Wolves have so much plot armor they have to send a whole crusade.
The Ultramarines alone would have been sufficient. They're the greatest of all space marines afterall
>>
>>45303194
>And in Pandorax, the Draigo had to pull some favours in order to rescue Catachan regiments from being purged.
It was an Inquisitorial apprentice pulling a favor with Draigo, who agreed to mindwipe them instead
>>
>>45278813
Reads like there actually is a substantial daemonic incursion going on elsewhere in the Fenris system.
Makes sense that DA, IH, and Ultras are there. A daemon-tainted First-Founding chapter is pretty much the greatest nightmare of the Imperium's whole command structure. The Heresy left some deep scars. That wound is going to be cauterized with extreme predjudice.
>>
>>45303657
Good thing we're pretty sure none of the First Founding Chapters are suffering any taint.
>>
>>45303657
>Reads like there actually is a substantial daemonic incursion going on elsewhere in the Fenris system.
There is; as part of the trap to get the space wolves killed off, the daemons used Fenrisian defenses to destroy a Grey Knight battle barge, and tried to kill the Grey Knights who got out.

Krom Dragongaze was given a prophecy that if he didn't save the Grey Knights, the space wolves were doomed he did, of course
>>
>>45279225
>And the Inner Circle goes silent for a moment before Sapphon shouts "Seize that imposter!"
>>
>>45303019
>>45303153
SO THEY WERE JUSTIFIED IN BURNING THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF KNOWLEDGE IN HUMAN HISTORY, KILLING THOUSANDS OF LOYAL ASTARTES AND TENS OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS!?!?
>>
File: Asmodai sends a postcard.png (93KB, 297x488px) Image search: [Google]
Asmodai sends a postcard.png
93KB, 297x488px
>>45303725
>implying anyone would listen to Sapphon 'let's listen to what that Fallen has to say' over Asmodai
>>
>>45303458
very first book of chaos makes mention of the mindscrubbing and executions carried out by malleus - it also goes on about how the ordo works, all of which has been officially discarded since, because the ordo malleus then was different from now (basically, it was ordos malleus, hereticus, and inquisition police all in one).
It seems the malleus was meant to be the big bad behind the imperial scenes, before they decided they didn't need a big bad; because bureaucratic corruption and inefficiency served well enuf.
>>
>>45303593
now, there's some reasoning that makes sense, and is goodly grimdark and shitty. the inquisition kills people who know that good guys exist and kick ass. grimdark.
>>
File: 1358177752395.jpg (184KB, 530x659px) Image search: [Google]
1358177752395.jpg
184KB, 530x659px
>>45303858
It was daemons in the original fluff too. Because if you know the Grey Knights exist, then you probably know why they exist
>>
>>45303757
Daddy said no. Daddy's stick is bigger than yours. Do what daddy said. There's a good boy; be like Leman!
>>
>>45303774
>implying anyone would listen to a petulant psychopath with no ability to see the bigger picture?
No one listens to Asmodai - they tolerate the idiot because he's the scariest motherfucker in power armour.
>>
>>45303943
The irony of that statement is lost on you isn't it.
>>
Surely the Minotaurs will participate in the conflict? I want to see the Wolves hand their asses to them.

>Bully not so tough after being bullied
>>
>>45303896
but, again, that is not a logical stance, given that everyone in the imperium knows about demons - it's not a secret! it's the very basis for the bloody ecclesiarchy! demons are listed in the infantryman's uplifting primer!

keeping the grey knights a secret, however: that does make sense in the grimdark. to an extent, at least: i mean, the demons know all about them, so what's really the point of the secrecy??
>>
File: 1451472497769.jpg (27KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1451472497769.jpg
27KB, 246x275px
>>45303757
That is still a lesser crime than personally destroying humanity's greatest hope for freedom from Chaos and then willingly making a pact with a Chaos God, my son.
>>
>>45304026
no, magnus: the irony was the point; i'm on your side. focus on the enemy.
>>
>>45304050
>Surely the Minotaurs will participate in the conflict? I want to see the Wolves hand their asses to them.
That would be what happens too; it would be the Crimson Sabres at Umidia all over again. I mean, it's going to be what happens to the main fleet anyway, seeing as the Wolves are the ones on the cover, but watching every other Chapter storm off and the Minotaurs getting fucked without support would at least have entertainment value.
>>
>>45304110
I DID IT TO SAVE MY SONS!!!!........I thought you of all people would understand that.
>>
>>45268340
What
>>
>>45304294

>>45278813
>>
>>45304199
My sons are my implements, to use and discard as I see fit. You are not fit to judge me. You are not fit to emulate me. You are fit only to obey me. Your crime is usurping My Right to order the universe as I see fit. You are not a god.
>>
>>45304050
Nah, they space wolves are armed, have the home field advantage and there are too many witnesses so they can't even loot the dead and kill prisoners, no fun then.
>>
>>45304362
And you are?
>>
File: 1451718612760.jpg (127KB, 577x564px) Image search: [Google]
1451718612760.jpg
127KB, 577x564px
>>45304379
Allah.
>>
>>45304397
?
>>
>>45304379
This is why your sons were purged, my child. Arrogance does not befit you. Leman shall humble thee and bring you to reason. You have had congress with demons, my son; and for that you shall answer.
>>
>>45304481
The tone reminded me of the Old Testament / Islam style God. "I am unique, I am above all, I cannot be emulated or equaled. Everything exists to serve me, I am the only thing that matters, I order the world as I please."
>>
>>45304496
It's funny this all happened because i tried TO SAVE YOU!!! or is that also above my station?
>>
>>45304541
The Emperor is pleased by your insights; but be assured there is no power beyond me. Your gods are false.
>>
>>45304593
Your deluded action brought about my corporeal destruction and the enslavement of humanity to Chaos. Clearly, you acted above your station, my son; and against my express instruction. What you and your brothers failed to understand is my wisdom. I know what is to be, and how to avert it. You do not. Yet you presume. I required of you but one thing: obedience. You failed.
>>
>>45304593
You always were too arrogant for your own good, Magnus. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and Tzeentch feeds off such hope and ambition. You defied my direct order not to meddle with the entities of the Warp, and as a result damned humanity to a slow death and yourself to eternal slavery to the Lord of Change. If you had obeyed my commands, both the Thousand Sons and the Space Wolves could have been at Terra to end the threat of Chaos once and for all. If you had obeyed my commands, we could have fought Horus together and the Imperium would not have been left to the corrupt and the misguided. If you had obeyed my commands, we could have overseen the constructed of my Webway and guided humanity into a glorious future of complete independence from Chaos. Instead you damned us all with your arrogance. And yet despite the fact that you were plainly dancing to Tzeentch's tune this entire time, you are still so blind as to believe you were in the right. For that I pity you.
>>
>>45304748
SO YOU'RE SAYING I SHOULD HAVE LET YOU DIE!!!!.......i couldn't let that happen i had to try...I WOULD HAVE GLADLY TAKEN SANGUINIUS' PLACE AT YOUR SIDE!!!!
>>
>>45304885
I...I.I.i didn't mean to....
>>
>>45304885
YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST GIVEN ME A REASON! Or is knowing why also above my station
>>
File: 1453058090870.jpg (29KB, 294x297px) Image search: [Google]
1453058090870.jpg
29KB, 294x297px
>>45278813
What the fuck
>>
>>45305030
Yeah, you got me there, boy. I dun goofed. Where do you think you inherited your glorious arrogance from? You know you were always my favourite...
>>
>>45304885
Do you think it brings me joy knowing my soul is not mine, knowing I was nothing more then a puppet my entire life DO YOU THINK I'M GLAD MOST OF MY SONS ARE ASHES!!!! ANSWER ME DAMN YOU!!!!!!!
>>
>>45305174
I wonder if Magnus really just spends all his time on the Planet of Sorcerers being angsty about how much he fucked up everything.
>>
>>45304901
Do not mistake me, my son. Your love is not in question; only your obedience and your faith in me. You proved disobedient and faithless. For that, I lost my shit, drove you to Chaos, and got throned. Maybe we can share the blame, my son: I expected too much of my sons.
>>
>Bjorns reaction to this

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK DO YOU MEAN "THERE'S A SHIT LOAD OF IMPERIAL FORCES APPROACHING FENRIS?" WHY'S THE ROCK HERE?

THEY THINK WE WHAT? "FELL TO THE TEMPTATIONS OF CHAOS" JUST BECAUSE A FEW OF US TURN INTO FUCKING WEREWOLVES?

BACK IN MY DAY IF YOU EVEN IMPLIED DAEMONS EXISTED YOU WERE EITHER SHOT OR MOCKED MERCILESSLY.

SOMEONE GET ME A MEETING WITH THOSE BROODING HOODED TWATS AND THEIR ROBOFETISH FUCKBUDDIES. I'LL GIVE THEM WHAT FUCKING FOR.
>>
File: Iron Luminaries Captain 1.png (36KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Luminaries Captain 1.png
36KB, 201x281px
>>45278813
>All that room for shoving in homebrew armies

From the Iron Luminaries, successors of the Iron Hands, I pledge 100 Astartes of the 7th Company, 2nd of the Itinerant Forces.

For the Glory of the Machine God, lets put down some dogs!
>>
>>45305297
well, anon, given what we know of Bjorn, that's about the opposite of what he'd say. He IS the calm voice of reason and wisdom in a chapter of drunken berzerkers.
>>
>>45305148
>>45305238
Father I'm sorry it had to be this way. I've had dreams of finding a way back into the imperium..... but that isn't going to happen is it.
>>
>>45305368
Well, I would tell you - but we both know I won't. Suffice to say you are and always shall be a part of me. I walk your path with you. The lord of change now determines your path; but I still determine your future. Your dreams are my dreams. Walk forward in faith. Watch for the moment of redemption. Remember always that you and your father are one.
>>
>>45305492
I will keep that in mind...and thank you, you are a worthy father who sired unworthy sons....make of that what you will.
>>
The past and present
Loss and redemption
A man's intentions
All things yet to be

A last illusion
Time's absolution
Fact and confusion
Fate and destiny bound
>>
>>45305622
I know; and the knowledge really kicks the shit out of me. Now, if we can just sort out this new gw wankery on Fenris....
>>
(disappears in a flash of golden light) I will set things right somehow
>>
>>45305297
They couldn't awaken Bjorn, but Bjorn half-awoke himself and told Krom Dragongaze that he had to save the Grey Knights in the Fenris System or else their chapter would be destroyed.

Apparently Bjorn does prophecies now.
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.