[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 26

File: 1454759703222.jpg (87KB, 542x726px) Image search: [Google]
1454759703222.jpg
87KB, 542x726px
I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO
>>
File: Sorin's_Waifu.png (2MB, 1626x638px) Image search: [Google]
Sorin's_Waifu.png
2MB, 1626x638px
My theory:Avacyn is/was Nahiri, this is Sorin's fault and now she's (uderstandably) pissed at him.
Evidence:
>Vampires are not known for creating angels, corrupting and brainwashing are more their style
>Similar appearance
>Both have a talent for trapping their enemies using pointy stones.
>Sorin was implied to have done something terrible to her last time they met.
It's either that or Avacyn is based off Nahiri and she's pissed off because of that. It's like going to somebody's house and seeing they have a waifu body pillow with your face on it.
>>
>>45263711
Sorin didn't meet Nahiri until after he'd already created Avacyn.
1/10 got me to reply
>>
>>45263711
I'd be pretty elated to see someone use a body pillow designed after me though.
>>
File: 1394068228164.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1394068228164.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>45263739
>namefags
>>
>>45263711
>>Vampires are not known for creating angels, corrupting and brainwashing are more their style

Avacyn was created back when Sorin was an oldwalker. Oldwalkers were more or less literally gods; Sorin may have *preferred* black mana, but he would have had access to all five colors in high amounts.

Although having said that I was really hoping that Avacyn was going to be a Vampire Angel when she was first released. Oh well, I can dream. Still mono-white, the exact same card, just with the Vampire type in addition to the Angel type.

Also didn't a story earlier confirm that Nahiri was still alive in the present?
>>
>>45263790
Bitching about his name doesn't give your shitty fucking theory any more credibility.
>>
Dis better be gud story or im out
>>
>>45263830
Shut your fucking whore mouth, chandere.

You...you double nigger!
>>
>>45263711
Your theory is dumb. Now I will tell you why by looking at this card.

In terms of given information, we have the card's art and flavor text. The art appears to depict Nahiri seriously fucking shit up with a massive spell: this is supported by the function of the spell. The fact that the spell (in the art) and the spell (card) are both red are basically obvious signs that Nahiri is now using red magic. But that's all (arguably) obvious. Let's move to the flavor text.
>"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad. As I have wept, so will Sorin." -- Nahiri

In these two lines, Nahiri compares herself using a pretty simple analogy to Sorin, and her protectiveness of Zendikar with Sorin's protectiveness of Innistrad. Combining this with our knowledge of what's going on in Zendikar (SHIT'S FUCKED SENPAI), we can deduce that Nahiri is fucking up Innistrad because Zendikar got fucked up... by Eldrazi.

What does this have to do with Sorin, then? Sorin was also responsible, alongside Nahiri and Ugin, for imprisoning the Eldrazi in the first place, but later on they got out. Now, technically, this wasn't Sorin's fault, but it could be that Nahiri holds him responsible anyway. In any case, by connecting Zendikar to Innistrad, it's clear that Nahiri is doing this to Sorin at least partially because of what happened to Zendikar.
>>
>>45264728
Eh. He had it coming.
>>
>>45264728
I think she's being controlled or at least influenced by Emrakul.
Either that or she's gone full retard.
>>
Oh look. Elf Hitler is fucking something else up. Why the hell didn't Sorin just kill her?
>>
File: 49341812_p6_master1200.jpg (399KB, 744x1079px) Image search: [Google]
49341812_p6_master1200.jpg
399KB, 744x1079px
>>45265069
Maybe she's in training to be the black ranger in our Gatewatch team. Se still needs some work, she's only got to red so far.
>>
>>45265177
Nahiri, not Nissa.
>>
File: 1396822547650.gif (328KB, 267x229px) Image search: [Google]
1396822547650.gif
328KB, 267x229px
>>45265177
>Elf Hitler the Zyklomancer B
>>
>>45265177
>Why the hell didn't Sorin just kill her?
Elf titties. The answer is always elf titties.
>>
>>45265069
Or Bolas, or Tibalt.
>>
File: 30356792_p9.jpg (226KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
30356792_p9.jpg
226KB, 600x631px
>>45265242
This is indirectly Nissa's fault

>>45265311
It's a valid answer.
>>
>>45265338
My guess is all three. The old hag is such a fucking slut, I bet her pussy can hold enough stoneforged blades to get her entire tribe executed for taking more than they need to survive.
>>
File: another scorcher.png (467KB, 498x470px) Image search: [Google]
another scorcher.png
467KB, 498x470px
>>45265230
>that very slight but obvious nipple bump on her right boob
>>
So who is gonna kill Sorin's daughter?? My bet is on Nahiri.
>>
>>45271719
now that would be spicy
a W/W rivalry doesn't happen often, would really shake things up
>>
File: Chicken[1].jpg (42KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken[1].jpg
42KB, 620x388px
She wears a disguise to look like human guys
But she's not human, she's Chicken-chan
>>
>>45271719
fluffy stories not allowed in the edgy world of magic.
>>
It's probably miscommunication and a game of phone tag gone wrong
>>
>>45264728
She might also have a grudge because Sorin completely ignored the emergency call when there was the chance that the vampires would wake the Eldrazi up with their horribly/well placed temple. Ugin gets a pass since a) he was dead to the world until Sorin woke him up, and b) she had no idea how to find him. However, she knows where to find Sorin and if he's not there, she can certainly get his attention with some well placed pandemonium. Any anger from the ignored emergency is likely amplified exponentially by the fact that the Eldrazi actually did get out, partially due to Sorin's actions with Nissa, and Zendikar is a dusty, bismuth-y husk of itself now.
>>
File: sigarda.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sigarda.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Reminder that Innistrad has the perfect champion to defend against the Eldrazi.

(I expect Sigarda to get an amped-up redo with some sort of special anti-colorless ability)
>>
Whatever I just want my boy Sorin back to kicking asses, enslaving humans and vampire chilling
>>
>>45271719

>Wizards has suggested Avacyn doesn't have a personality
>This is how Sorin views her; his proudest creation, but not a person. Avacyn is a mana construct that creates order on Innistrad.
>Things are failing. The world is going to hell, and with his actual daughter-figure Nahiri blaming him for what happened to Zendikar Sorin doesn't know what to do
>Avacyn, who has been slow to show it but has learned to love the humans she was created to protect beyond their value to the vampires, tells Sorin she knows he has it in him to make things right on Innistrad, and calls him father for the first and last time.
>As the magnitude of what this means strikes Sorin, Avacyn flies towards certain death to sacrifice herself for her people and the angels that accepted her as their leader.
>>
>>45273225
So much want
>>
>>45273111
Except neodrazis exile, they do not force sacc anymore
>>
File: worst_god.jpg (261KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
worst_god.jpg
261KB, 620x400px
>>45273225
>As the magnitude of what this means strikes Sorin, Avacyn flies towards certain death to sacrifice herself for her people and the angels that accepted her as their leader.
>tfw they do this
why must WotC kill all my waifus
>>
>>45273450
But returned waifu will be best waifu
>>
>one night
>Tibalt using his planeswalker power, sneak into houses and put sunglasses on everyone while they were sleeping
>next morning
>Oh noes, Innistrad is covered by shadows
Shadows Over Innistrad
>>
File: 1392156507875.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392156507875.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>45273450
Report to your nearest WotC sanctioned judge for a head thumping.
>>
>>45273450
elspeth sucks
>>
File: laugh.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
74KB, 171x278px
>>45273532

goddammit anon
>>
>>45273450
This art is so shitty i can't even.
>>
>>45273225
>dad, you have to save the multiverse again, Jace is a huge faggot and doesn't know what he's doing
>nah, I'm sure they can handle I-
>also all your stuff is there
>FFFFFFFFFF-
>>
>>45273532
Tibalt you sly motherfucker. Hope you get a better card this time around!
>>
>>45273111
>>>new Thalia
>>>colorless creature spells cost 2 more

I'm really hope we get a new awesome Sigarda too.
Why are they 20 tix om mtgo? I used to have them but I gave them away when I wasn't playing but now they're so spensive.

At least I still have my paper foils.
>>
>>45262242
What if Sorin used Nahiri's spark to create Avacyn. Explaining the resemblance and how white she is.
Now Nahiri has her spark back, meaning Avacyn is gone/powerless and Nahiri is pissed for what he did.
>>
ITT: ideas that are far better than anything the current Jews of the Coast could ever come up with
>>
>>45275639
That isn´t hard to do.

Are there any demons confirmed?
>>
>>45275698
Devils are a new creature type so maybe
>>
>>45275639
I'll look forward to the part where they push the power creep of 2 mana green creatu...
http://mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/duskwatchrecruiter.html
nevermind
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>45276633
Devils aren't that new.

>>45275698
One of the leaked cards from the next duel deck was a new demon, so yes, demons are confirmed.
>>
>>45264728
>blaming sorin who was attempting to keep them sealed
>Not Nissa who actively released them
>>
>>45276752
>Devils aren't that new.
I see. Still it seems they could be filling the role of goblins in SOI.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>45276803
That is exactly what they're ding and the same thing they did last time we were on Innistrad. Were you not playing magic back then?
>>
>>45276778
No one said Nahiri was smart, or that Wizards could write good characters anymore.
>>
>>45276633
>>45276752
Sounds good, thanks. They where red and black, right?

>>45276878
When was the last time, they wrote good characters?
>>
>>45276837
Nope, excuse my newness. I started in origins.
I have doing my best to read up on the previous blocks and lore, but it seems I am still lacking.
>>
I think bolas got to Nahiri. He is whispering sweet lies to her like the Eldrazi ate Zandicar. He's doing this to start a proxy war to deal with Jace and Sorin so he can properly deal with Ugin again.

Letting Ugin stay alive is far to much of a risk for Bolas.
>>
>>45276973
Does Bolas even know Ugin's back yet? We all know Bolas knows everything, and it's all part of his plan, but I'm not sure if he knew that Ugin was manipulating his favorite dragon fetishist from beyond the grave.
>>
>>45277212
I wouldn't be surprised. He has spies everywhere and he know that going back in time is possible. Tarkirs change will at the very least tell him that some serious shit is going on.

This is the perfect opportunity to get Bolas back into the story. His last plot is resolved and his arch enemy is revived. If they dont bring him back we might as well kiss the character goodbye.
>>
>the vampire's waifu is doing evil shit
Oh no, who could have predicted this? It's not like vampires are dickbags or anything.
>>
>>45276778
But Anon, Nissa is now a good little elf girl member of the not!avengers. Suggesting she did anything wrong is heresy
>>
>>45276885
Urza was a great character. A lot of the titans were.
That's the last time they wrote good characters.
>>
>>45277382
Heard alot about him, wasn´t that the one, that had beef with yawgmoth or whatever his name was?

Started during the first innistrad block. That was the only time, I found the story even remotely good, even though the cards where awesome even after that.
>>
>>45273111
>>45275423
They turned Linvala into shit - what makes you expect that Thalia, the best hatebear of all time, gets a new, decent version that isn't overcosted shit?
>>
When do you guys expect the new Kiora card to get revealed?
>>
>>45275423
>Why all of you want to get innistrad and eldrazi together?

Do you hate originall Innistrad flavor or what?
I just really hope Lizards of the coast don't do that stupid shit
>>
>>45276878
If you bother to look closer you might notice that they have never written a good character. Especially noticeable in old shit if you do not have nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>45277750
They write a good Ob, even if he does come off as a comical villain.
>>
>>45277775
They just need to let him win sometime. His sass is a little out of place but in the cringefest that is Magic lore a good old cliché villain that wotc doesn't try hard to make special can only be good.
>>
>>45273047
The vampire temple incident you are referring to happened hundreds of years in the past. It was when Nahiri was still an Oldwalker.
>>
>>45277698
Never? Or at least not for a couple years. She's not part of the Avengers so she doesn't get a new card every block
>>
>>45278054
Maybe she'll team up with Nahiri and they'll start their own avengers. With blackjack and hookers.
>>
So now that there are literally clue tokens, are they going to pull an Eldritch Horror and include enchantments that are mysteries? Basically enchantments that require a certain amount of clue tokens to resolve their true effect or some shit? Or they add ticking time bomb creatures that turn into Eldritch monstrosities given that enough clue tokens aren't fed to it at a certain rate?
>>
>>45278291

Honestly, that would be pretty cool.

Any player can pay X to put a clue token on the enchantment. If it reaches Y, destroy the enchantment. Every turn until it's trashed, it does something.
>>
>>45278291
>Eldritch Horror
This is exactly what I thought of when I heard about that
>>
>>45278291
>clue tokens you sacc to grant eyes on the inside
>>
>>45273450
Why'd he do that to Elspeth again?
Besides being based off Greek gods, who were cruel as fuck in the myths.
>>
>>45278831
IIRC it was because as a planeswalker she had been places he could never go and so was "better" than him in some ways and he was jelly as fuck.
>>
>>45278901
That... actually makes a lot of sense for something based off Greek myths. How'd Wizards manage that?
>>
>>45273047
I'm thinking this is it, yeah. I would have put this in there too but I couldn't remember the details. How exactly does the "emergency call" work, anyway? How does it cross planar boundaries? Isn't that supposed to be about impossible? Where was Nahiri all this time in the first place, some kind of stasis? I read her UR but I was still confused.
>>
>>45276778
First off, you're implying that Nahiri doesn't ALSO hold Nissa responsible, in addition to Sorin. Second of all, you're implying that Nahiri actually knows who Nissa is, which I'm not so sure about.
>>
>>45277750
I disagree. Feldon of the Third Path's Uncharted Realms article was good.
>>
>>45277262
>He has spies everywhere and he know that going back in time is possible. Tarkirs change will at the very least tell him that some serious shit is going on.
If he had spies on Tarkirs (and he should have), their reports must have been really awkward.
>>
>>45277428
Yeah. He's the one who led the fight against Phyrexia.
He also destroyed an entire plane (after trying to evacuate it) to save his own from Yawgmoth.
He was a really multi-dimensional character, and people still debate if he was "good" or merely put in the right position.
It was heavily implied he would have become Yawgmoth had Yawgmoth not found Phyrexia before him.
>>
I hope Nahiri coldcocks Jace in this set.
>>
My predictions
>Nahiri takes revenge on sorin by causing havoc on innistrad
>Avacyn goes to fight
>gets trapped again in a rock
>Grimdark happens
>Sorin fights nahiri
>When one is about to kill the others, jace comes and tells that they killed eldrazi
>they free avacyn
>they have a foursome to celebrate
>tibalt appears
>tries to team with ob-nixilis
>Ob gets tired of his stupidity and makes him planeswalk.
>when ob finds nahiri wants to take revenge
>he fails because then the superfriends team up and he planeswalk away again
>They mention bolas is watching
>the end
>>
>>45279925
Realistic/10
I'll be upset if you're right though. Lili killed Griselbrand, right?
>>
>>45262242
I require link to said post(s) where you said so, or else I won't believe you.
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (134KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
134KB, 500x333px
>cardgame
>lore
>>
>>45280358

I mean, it's not great but it's often entertaining and it's fun. Probably wouldn't be playing MtG otherwise.
>>
>>45278291
Almost certainly. I expect to see a lot of stuff in that vein, with abilities that key off the number of Clues you have, or that are activated by saccing Clues.

It would be downright dumb not to have things that interact with the new artifact type, since without that it's just a weird, fiddly pseudo-cantrip with extra hoops to jump through for no reason. If nothing else, NWO dictates that can't be the case.
>>
>>45279835
>Implying Jace will ever get taken down a peg

He's the darling poster boy of MtG these days. WotC even named the card title font for the new frames after him.

He's going to be an untouchable Gary Stu until WotC's focus market research shows that their coveted mentally-impaired 12-year-old demographic is getting sick of him.
>>
>>45280839
Not at all. It's actually a fairly excellent draft 'smoothing' mechanic. You can play the spells on curve and then later down the line when out of gas you can crack them for a card.
>>
>>45280906

Story-wise Jace gets dumped on often enough.

Jace does get fucked over a lot he just happens to get a lot of exposure.
I mean he has a unhealthy love/hate relationship with a 200 year old lady and has constant self esteem issues.

The only mary sue-ish thing that has happened to him is that he became the living Guildpact which he didn't want and is killing him with stress anyway.
>>
>>45281024
What the fuck does the "living guildpact" mean? What does it do? I never understood that.
>>
>>45281267
It's kind of like the Guildpact.
Except it's, y'know, alive. Since it's inhabiting a person.
>>
>>45281024
I never really understood why people got the idea that Jace was that much of a "Gary Stu" actually. He always seemed bland to me but not more pushed that said Chandra or Liliana.

That said I missed the Return to Ravnica block, so that may be why.
And somehow, the only Jace I have is the living Guildpact. Fuck.
>>
>>45281024
Jace must have a thing for older women. I'm pretty sure Emmara isn't that young either, being an immortal elf and all.
>>
>>45281448
What happens to Ravnica when he leaves? Does the whole place just erupt into riots and chaos (with Rakdos trying to keep order) whenever he steps out for gatewatching duties?
>>
>>45281505

That was implied, but apparently not, because god fucking forbid something keep Jace from sticking his face in literally every single set and acting like a smug cunt.
>>
>>45279334
>spies on tarkir

Unless they were planeswalkers, time shenanigans effectively destroyed any trace of a spy network he may have had there.
>>
>>45280952
Kind of what you can do in Eldritch Horror. You can spend clues to reroll dice or you can use them to actually solve objectives. I hope we get some super ancient eldritch abomination as a mythic that has doom counters or some shit.
>>
>>45281594
>Unless they were planeswalkers
Impliying that temporary shitstorm didn't affect planeswalkers too, Narset became a new one and sarkhan became a rug, and i'm sure this made nahiri more insane
>>
>>45282492
That wasn't a direct result of the time fuckery except for Sarkhan's new color, which to be honest still doesn't make much sense to me. It's not like he started using different magic post-time shenanigans, is it?

Anyway, 'walker Narset is the same as old Narset, just from a different timeline. It didn't directly change her.
>>
>>45280358
Mtg has god-tier settings and shit-tier storylines.
>>
>>45275423
>colorless creature spells cost 2 more
Why would you want her to have such a niche ability? Thalia was good because it taxed broadly for the low low price of 2cmc and had a good body, just like Linvala had a good body, an aggressive cost, and a powerful unique effect.

Thalia being a narrow bear against Eldrazi basically relegates her to the shitheap once she rotates, if not before then.
>>
>>45283842
How about creature spells cost {2/W} to cast? You are taxed less because you are presumably running white.
>>
I don't understand how people would want Eldrazi immediately after the Battle block

I'm sick and tired of them
>>
>>45283938
>cost {2/W} to cast?
>*more to cast, of course
>>
>>45283938
Still too small-time, and I'm holding out for harder resource denial. Like preventing nonbasics from untapping or something.
>>
>>45283957
I agree completely. Emrakul can go fuck off.
>>
>>45283957
we don't, but it's what we're expecting
>>
>>45284074
>Like preventing nonbasics from untapping or something.
Nonbasic land hate is red, senpai
White's access to land denial/ramp involves counting the number of lands or Plains you control and comparing them to the amount the opponent has: see Balance, Restore Balance, Knight of the White Orchid, Oreskos Explorer, Land Tax.
>>
>>45284248
Except when it's on lands. White is also the color of tapping and preventing untaps (which it shares with blue).
>>
>>45283957
At least it'll get them out of the way. Once Emrakul is defeated we'll literally never see them again except as reprints in commander sets and modern masters stuff
>>
>>45285082
I'm not sure what the "it" you're saying is. Nonbasic land hate is solidly red, period, and preventing lands from untapping is only white at all if you consider Yosei, the Morning Star and Hokori, Dusk Drinker's abilities. Most white tap-down abilities focus on creatures or on permanents entering the battlefield, and Yosei's ability only forces an opponent to skip one untap step; it does not tap and hold. Aside from Hokori, I can't find anything in that color that prevents lands from untapping permanently.
>>
>>45285366
Back to Basics. Like I said, lands not untapping is either blue or white.
>>
>>45279717
The Planeswalker novel always sticks out to me, because it shows Urza going crazy with his new found power, then snapping out of that and going a different kind of crazy.
>>
>>45285366
Blood Moon effects are red. Effects that prevent untapping are white or blue. Back to Basics is old as fuck so using it as any kind of proof is dubious but it should be safe to say it would not be red if it was printed today.
>>
>Back to Basics
is blue, and also from Urza's Saga. If the premise you're seeking to defend is "lands not untapping is blue and white," you haven't really given enough white examples to defend it. I haven't conteseted that blue has things that can tap lands, although when I double-checked I found surprisingly few that held them.

Thalia was white in her last appearance. If you want her to tap and hold nonbasic lands in her next appearance, she will have to be red. It's as simple as that.

>>45286411
That's what I've been saying, man.
>>
>>45286671
>Thalia was white in her last appearance. If you want her to tap and hold nonbasic lands in her next appearance, she will have to be red. It's as simple as that.

You quoted my post and didn't read it.
>Back to Basics is old as fuck so using it as any kind of proof is dubious but it should be safe to say it would not be red if it was printed today.
>would
>not
>be
>red
Because red doesn't do untap prevention. White and blue do. Back to Basics could be either of those colors, but not red. Same with this hypothetical Thalia.
>>
File: chandere this weekend.jpg (20KB, 279x293px) Image search: [Google]
chandere this weekend.jpg
20KB, 279x293px
>>
File: wp_angelicdestiny_2560x1600.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wp_angelicdestiny_2560x1600.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>45283096
this.
Except for the old Mishra/Urza and Weatherlight/Nemesis archs.
>>
How is Nahiri still alive? Ugin is a spirit and Sorin is a vampire, are Kor just long-lived like elves?
>>
>>45286739
>Back to Basics is old as fuck so using it as any kind of proof is dubious but it should be safe to say it would not be red if it was printed today.
That was someone else, actually, not me. The fact of the matter is that Back to Basics is an old enough card that would not be printed today in any color, because the way it does things (tapping and holding lands) is very, very infrequently done in any color, and the thing it hates out (nonbasic lands) is done in a color that doesn't even tap things down in the first place.

Back to Basics is even more irrelevant than that when it comes to Thalia, though, because Back to Basics is blue and Thalia is white. White still only has one card that prevents lands from untapping anyway, Hokori.
Tapping creatures and artifacts? Sure. Tapping creatures or artifacts and holding them? Also done. Making permanents enter the battlefield tapped? All things that white does, and does often. Tapping and holding lands is simply not done in white, let alone tapping and holding nonbasics specifically, and you have failed to contradict that.
>>
>>45286998

She hibernated in stone and probably went a little crazy as red mana be became a part of herself. My theory is literally that she's on her period because of unexpected red mana.
>>
>>45287011
Put "nonbasic" in Hokori's rules text. Does this make Hokori not white? No, because you're just narrowing down within a permanent type that white can touch. The argument about "nonbasic lands specifically" isn't an argument.

I don't think a white or a blue card that taps and holds lands or nonbasic lands is likely to ever get printed but the effect exists within their parts of the color pie because they can tap any type of a permanent and they can prevent untapping things.
>>
File: fierytemper.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
fierytemper.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
>>45262242
fuck this lets talk about more interesting spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/fierytemper.html
>>
>>45288290
>Lightning Bolt for 3 mana
>This is the state of standard we live in

kill me now senpai
>>
>>45288636
it has madness for R, anon. You're not meant to actually cast it.
>>
>>45288636
Nigga Fiery Temper has been around since Madness was a thing, and it was good then and it'll be good now. Baka-ass Gajin
>>
>>45288290
funny, I still have a playset
>>
>>45288741
This isn't even it's first reprint.
>>
>>45263711
Avacyn's tiddies are bigger.
>>
>>45262242
>"AS I HAVE BLED, SO WILL SORIN"
Sorin used Nahiri's blood for something. Perhaps the creation of Avacyn?
>>
>>45287404
>Does this make Hokori not white?
Yes, because you're altering an already niche card with a new ability to make it more like a different color's, i.e., red's.
>the effect exists within their parts of the color pie because they can tap any type of a permanent and they can prevent untapping things.

Show me a white card that both TAPS and HOLDS LANDS specifically. Not two cards, just one. Many effects just aren't allowed to co-exist on the same cards for issues with the power level and, yes, the color pie.
>>
>>45289143
>Nahiri 'bled'
>therefore Sorin used Nahiri's blood for something
I'm not really seeing the connection. Mind elaborating?
>>
>>45281267
>>45281505
Jace's word is absolute for the guilds. No member of any of the guilds may go against what he has stated, other than the Obzedat in their secret chamber.

Other than that, it's up to him to arbitrate any disputes and complaints between the guilds.

While he's gone, nothing really happens other than the line of appointments outside his office gets longer. The magic that makes his word law is still in effect.
>>
>>45289143
It's "as zendikar bled so will innistrad. As I have wept so will sorin".
>>
File: exposeevil.jpg (31KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
exposeevil.jpg
31KB, 265x370px
>what
http://mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/exposeevil.html
>>
File: watcherintheweb.jpg (33KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
watcherintheweb.jpg
33KB, 265x370px
http://mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/watcherintheweb.html
>>
File: invasivesurgery.jpg (30KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
invasivesurgery.jpg
30KB, 265x370px
http://mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/invasivesurgery.html

so correct me if I'm wrong but this seems like a rework of threshold almost
>>
Explain to me how Battle for Zendikar and Scars of Mirrodin were different conceptually.

>New retarded mechanic/symbol
>United land against common, largely unbeatable foe
>Wildly uninteresting legendaries
>>
>>45291515
You forgot
>introduced a new deck archetype that rocked formats
>>
>>45291515
On Mirrodin, the heroes couldn't pull off any bullshit to banish phyrexians from the plane with one spell.
>>
>>45291440

It seems much narrower, even if it could go online sooner.
>>
>>45288290

>Madness returns

Awh, yeah. Frigging love that mechanic.

I'd love to see some new white madness cards in this block. Seems appropriate given what's going on.
>>
>>45264728
nahiri doesnt know the gatewatch saved zendikar, she might she straight up killing innistrad until jace gets to her. Both nahiri and sorin know how weak new walkers are and when sorin told her about the eldrazi she probably just thought sorin let her home plane get killed without even sticking around to defend it.
>>
File: 776.jpg (96KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
776.jpg
96KB, 354x500px
>>45291943
>Madness returns

Perfect change to use these sleeves.
>>
>>45292126

Fuck off weeb scum.
>>
>>45279153
That was written by Jeff Grubb. Almost every bit of Magic fiction that ever really stuck with me was written by Jeff Grubb.

Conceptually, Urza's a great character; like an obsessive amoral Doctor with a top-heavy psyche who's solution to every problem is "build an awesome giant mech"

Shit...it's a shame urza isn't around anymore; he'd have the perfect solution to this eldrazi problem: JAEGERS.
>>
>>45291400
Get ready to play Eldritch Horror in Magic. Honestly, these cards with Investigate are going to have great value.
>>
>>45292126
I'm generally against this kind of stuff, but in this specific case it would be perfectly fitting and acceptable.
>>
>>45292126
please do
>>
File: 1453633182341.jpg (26KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453633182341.jpg
26KB, 500x450px
So is vryns prodigy getting a reprint any time soon?
>>
File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>45293129
_no
>>
>>45288290
IS EVERYONE READY FOR THE TRUE JACE STANDARD?
>>
>>45295067
>the other one was just practice
I WANT OFF THIS RIDE
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.