[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Become The Vampire Quest 38

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 732
Thread images: 11

File: OP Image.png (115KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115KB, 894x894px
Become The Vampire 38

As Catherine's dream fades away around you, you focus on Andrea and try to direct yourself towards her dream. A few moments pass, full of dim, ethereal light and faint sounds, and you find yourself outside a coffee shop. You can see Andrea inside, sipping a cup of coffee and glancing around nervously. Athena is just down the road, walking towards the door and skipping as she goes, though she's in her older body. Everything a few blocks away fades away into nothingness, unimagined and incomplete.

Somewhere in the back of your mind, you think you know how this dream is supposed to play out. Athena walks in, Andrea gets excited, and just as she thinks everything will be fine Athena turns back into her younger self. Then you walk in, along with a bunch of other people she knows, to taunt her for falling for Athena. It's a fairly straightforward nightmare, and if you relax yourself your body will just go with the flow of the dream and let it play out.

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/4Z1StvHC
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.
>>
>Let it play out, Andrea's clearly having second thoughts about all this, and with good reason.
>Interfere with the nightmare, try to give it a happy ending
>Interfere and try to get Andrea lucid to talk to her
>Let everything else happen, but don't get involved with the taunting
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45256943
>>Let it play out, Andrea's clearly having second thoughts about all this, and with good reason.

Sammy won last time boss
>>
>>45257028
And lo, a mistake I made reading the thread a week ago has finally come to light. I don't know if I should do a rewrite and start the thread anew or keep on trucking and hope for the best.
>>
>>45257060
Your call boss
>>
>>45257073
I'll give the people what they asked for last week. I mean, I've got Andrea's stuff all laid out, but I have Sammy's dreamscape planned as well, so... One moment.
>>
>>45256943
>>Interfere with the nightmare, try to give it a happy ending
>>
The first thing you notice when you enter Sammy's dream is the smell. “Rotten” would probably be the best way to describe it. It takes you a moment to realize where it's coming from, but when you look down and see the blood on the floor it makes sense. You feel pretty bad about telling a terrifying monster story now, especially since Sammy's imagination apparently kicked it up to eleven. You check your surroundings briefly, trying to work out where you are, and conclude that it's a mix between the school and her home.

You hear a scream up above you, and footsteps thudding down a flight of stairs. You can feel your body go rigid, your skin growing taut, and you feel a sudden urge to lay down, do nothing and stare blankly at a spot in the air that's just about where Sammy's head would be if she ran past. The narrative of the nightmare washes over you. Sammy is supposed to find you dead, cradle your body, and when the monster comes, he gets her. She'll wake up screaming, and you don't know what'll happen to you when she does.

>Nightmare monster fight, take two
>Relax and play your role
>Try to escape the dream before Sammy wakes up
>Get Sammy lucid
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45257248
Fuck your narrative, Morpheus.
>>
>>45257248
>>
>>45257248
>Relax and play your role
>When Sammy's cradling you, poke her, grin, say "April Fool's. It's just strawberry syrup."
>>
>>45257374
Clearly this is the best plan
>>
>>45257248
>>45257374
>>45257452
Backing, let's get this started!
>>
>>45257495
But my votes don't count...
>>
>>45257535
in event of a tie, qm decides, lets go!
>>
>>45257571
Well, if that's how it works...

Schmooze roll plus Persuade, +2
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45257663
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45257663
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45257663
>>
>>45257663
There is literally no way this can end badly.
>>
You relax and let the nightmare play itself out for a bit. You lay down and stare blankly at empty space, and moments later Sammy runs past you and stops short, staring down at you. She immediately runs to your side, fumbling around a bit, trying to shake you awake and mumbling quietly, looking frantic. She hugs you to her chest and shakes, and as the heavy footsteps of the monster approach you gently poke her nose.

“April Fool's. It's just strawberry syrup.”

The footsteps suddenly stop and you can hear a creaking noise as the walls around you warp slightly. Sammy looks down at you, confused.

“I... what...?”

You smile softly.

“I'm alright. I'm not dead.”

The walls start to dent and shift a bit, several sections starting to balloon outward slightly. Sammy looks stunned, though to be fair you just sent her for a ride on an emotional roller coaster.

>Get out of Sammy's dream before everything explodes
>Try to get Sammy lucid
>Go back to playing dead
>Grab Sammy and run off with her, try to direct the narrative somewhere else (write-in)
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45257803
>Try to get Sammy lucid
Yeah I won the ability to dreamwalk off a demon. You were having a bad dream so I though I'd try to get you to laugh instead.
>>
>>45257803
>Try to get Sammy lucid
>>
>>45257803
>Give Sammy a playful kiss on the cheek and cuddle her warmly. "Your dad's in the monster costume. He didn't take it too far again, did he?"
>>
I guess it's gonna be a "first to two" afternoon then
>>
>>45257803
>>45257827
Changing to >>45257837
>>
You shrug slightly.

“I can walk through dreams now. I beat a demon at poker and won a weird magic orb. It's been a bit of a night so far. I saw you were having a nightmare, so I decided to try to make you laugh instead.”

Sammy just stares at you. One by one the bubbles begin to pop around you, until the who scene swells and bursts in a shower of sparks. Sammy gently touches your face.

“This is... a dream...?”

You nod slowly.

“Yep. It's just a dream. You're safe. I'm safe. Nothing can hurt you.”

Sammy nods slightly.

“Just a dream... got it...”

You can feel your heartbeat again, and when you look down your clothes are knitting themselves back together. Sammy smiles softly and pounces on you, hugging you tightly as you tumble through nothingness.

“I can imagine anything I want, right?”

She grins, and you aren't sure if you should be concerned or not.

>Of course, it's your dream, isn't it?
>Just keep in mind that it's really me experiencing whatever you come up with.
>Within reason. Try not to strain yourself.
>I'm pretty sure it's a mutual effort at this point
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45258230
>>
>>45258230
>>
>>45258230
>>Just keep in mind that it's really me experiencing whatever you come up with.
>>
>>45258230
>>
“Just remember that whatever you're doing, it's not just happening to an imagined version of me. I'll really experience it.”

Sammy nods slightly.

“So... if I imagined that we were on the beach in the summer heat, you'd experience that with me... Or if I imagined a winter chill that made us cling to each other for warmth...”

As she speaks you can feel yourself resting on hot sand, then on cold snow. Sammy seems utterly unaffected, just letting her imagination run wild.

“What do you want to do, Oliver? If it's just a dream, then... I'd be up for anything. As long as it doesn't involve more monsters.”

>Let's get up to some mischief. Feeling frisky?
>I don't know how long I'll be here for, I can't control it well. Let's just enjoy the moment.
>Imagine us an adventure. With pirates! And dragons!
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45258425
>I don't know how long I'll be here for, I can't control it well.
>>
>>45258425
>I mean, it's just a dream right?
>>
>Inb4 "Oliver, you can get people pregnant if you fuck them in dreams, why do you think that was a legend about succubi?"
>>
>>45258506
I'll never not want to give wolfus puppies.
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 2 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45258614
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45258614
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45258614
>>
>>45258623
>>45258639
>>45258694
Here's hoping we can stay because she's literally right next to us in the real world
>>
“I don't know how long I'll be here for, but while I am... wanna get up to some mischief and fool around?”

Sammy blushes and smiles.

“I... Alright.”

You smile and lean in for a kiss when you feel the tingling sensation again. It's much more sudden this time, and you're yanked out of Sammy's dream rather abruptly, tumbling through the void the instant your lips meet hers. As you try to find your balance you find yourself back at the table with Tellarie and Angie. The dreamwalking orb is on the table again, and your head is throbbing. Tellarie reaches across the table and gently pats your hand.

“So, how was it? Did you have fun?”

They giggle softly.

“Seems like you're still getting the hang of it though. You look kinda tired. What you need is some rest and relaxation.”

Angie rolls her eyes.

“At this point I'm just playing babysitter...”

>Send me back, I was just getting to the good part!
>How do I control this thing?
>Play some more poker
>Hang out with Angie
>Send them both off and relax for a while
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45258845
>Play some more poker
>>
>>45258845
>Send me back, I was just getting to the good part!
>>
>>45258845
>>How do I control this thing?
>>Play some more poker
>>
You pause for a moment and look at the orb. You're pretty sure that you absorbed the knowledge already, so it should all be in your head. You pick it up and examine it briefly before turning to Tellarie.

“So how do I control this thing?”

Tellarie shrugs slightly.

“I could teach you. Your mind and body know how to do it, but you've got no conscious control over it right now. If you beat me at poker again then I'll give you a lesson on it. But if I win, you have to give me a favor of equal value. So, what can you wager that's worth being able to save those around you from nightmares, or spy on your enemies and see their deepest secrets?”

Angie rises to her feet.

“I'm out this round. This seems like something between the two of you. I'll be back in a sec, gonna get some coffee.”

Angie's expression changes slightly, and she sits back down, staring at the table blankly. Tellarie chuckles a bit.

“Well, now it's just you, me and an empty vessel with Angie's face... So, what's your wager? Make it good.”

>Nothing. No deal.
>Playing poker over this seems silly. Let's just trade.
>You're on. I'll bet... (write-in)
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45259190
>You're on. I'll bet... (write-in)
The secret of how I beat you, Angie and your former boss in poker consistently.
>>
>>45259190
>>45259329
Second.

It's honestly not that great. The enemies we really want to spy on would either have mental protections or be dangerous enough to spot a dreamwalker, and while nightmares suck, they're just nightmares.
>>
>>45259190
Thirding >>45259329
>>
“Alright, I'll take that bet. I'll wager... the secret of how I always win at poker.”

Tellarie looks at you for a moment, before smirking a little.

“It's a good thing that I appreciate your sense of humor. But if you're not in a serious mood then let's just relax instead. What do you feel like doing?”

>I'd like to go back to the dream I was just in.
>I'm being serious. Let's go.
>I dunno. What do lust devils do for fun?
>I was just gonna go back to sleep for a while.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45259570
>>I'd like to go back to the dream I was just in.
>>
>>45259570
>I'd like to go back to the dream I was just in.
>>
>>45259570
>>I'd like to go back to the dream I was just in.
Never leave a lady waiting.
>>
What happened till now? Last time there was this clay chick who we had to do something in her and all
>>
>>45259667
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>45259667
That was barely a sentence. Try again.
>>
“Honestly? I'd like to go back to the dream I was just in. I was having fun.”

Tellarie nods a bit.

“Fair enough. Well, I'd need something in return before I help you out. I do have standards, you know. How about this... You let me use this image of your angel friend as I see fit while you're gone, and I'll send you directly to the dream you were just in. I mean, nobody's home right now. She's left the building, this is just what your imagination is conjuring. So, what'll it be? You get to pick up where you left off, I get to have some fun, and Angie will never know.”

>I don't know why I bother with you anymore. No.
>Only so long as Angie will never know. I won't have you ruin our friendship. Send me away.
>Wait til Angie gets back, then let her decide what she is and isn't alright with.
>You really have a one-track mind. Isn't there anything else you want?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45259700
Wait, last time i was in the thread there was this milf who we were trynna fuck in a lunch place or something like that
>>
>>45259775
>>I don't know why I bother with you anymore. No.
>>
>>45259775
>>
>>45259775
>........ poker for fun and secrets again then?
>>
>>45259775
>>
>>45259777
If you mean Jennifer, we were actively avoiding fucking her, and she got mindwiped.

Read through an archive, either 4plebs or the pastebin-thing.
>>
“Why did I even bother... You know what, no. I'm not letting you do that.”

Tellarie nods, leaning back in their chair a bit.

“Fair enough. But can you really blame me for trying? If you'd have said yes, I'd be enjoying myself right now. And so would you. Instead there's an imagined version of you doing whatever it is you wish you were doing right now, with whoever you were with before. And it's not like they'd think to check if it's the real you or not.”

Tellarie smirks slightly.

“I'm a devil. It's in my blood to ruin things, even my own chances at a good deal. Why do you think we're always getting stomped on by angels? Deep down, we have to spoil everything we can get our hands on. I could play nice and fair, take my time, earn your trust, and then screw you over down the line, but I don't have the patience for that when I can just spoil my deals with you and get power from another devil for every time I sabotage myself, and the sweet satisfaction of something rotting on the vine.”

You toy with the orb briefly.

“And when we make a deal?”

Tellarie looks up for a moment.

“I get something else I want instead. No matter what you tell me, I get something out of it. Something small, maybe, but it's something.”

Slowly they reach up and clutch at their chest, right over their heart.

“Makes this feel a little less empty.”

They glance at you and smirk.

“You can banish me from your head any time you want to. Angie isn't here, I can't ask her to keep me here to talk to you. But I like being here. You're fun to talk to, even if it never goes anywhere.”

>Off you go then. See ya.
>Let's play another hand of poker. The secret to dreamwalking against you doing stuff with Angie.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45260017
>Just relax
Not playing poker on those stakes, not banishing her either.
>>
>>45260017
Well we could play poker for fun, Sometimes just doing something with someone you enjoy spending time with is it's own reward. At the very least it'd help you play cards better, you kinda stink at it. Then give it a shit eating grin.
>>
Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
Schmooze roll plus Persuade, +2
Luck roll
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45260285
Smarts
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45260285
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45260285
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45260285
Luck

>>45260319
Need a label
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45260285
>>45260319
was smarts

>>45260285
schmooze
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45260285
luck
>>
Rolled 20 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45260285
Smarts
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45260285
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45260285
Luck
>>
21 Smarts
10 Schmooze
20 Luck
>>
How about we ask more about devils poker? Why do faces always change and how do you control that?
>>
You conjure a pack of cards and start dealing.

“Let's play a few rounds for fun. Get to know each other, that kind of thing.”

Tellarie nods a bit and smiles, taking their cards and examining them for a moment.

“Works for me.”

You play a couple of rounds, besting Tellarie for the most part. On your one bad hand it seems as though Tellarie can see right through you, but you can read the devil's expression easily enough. You can't tell if they're throwing it on purpose just to have more things to ruin or if your skills at reading the deceptions of devils is improving. Either way you manage to come out ahead in four of the five games.

With each hand you make minor bets with Tellarie. Nothing too big, just little tidbits and facts about each other. You learn that Tellarie is about four centuries old, born from a woman cheating on her husband with his sister, because she felt like a man trapped in a woman's body and couldn't be with him anymore. The lies, deception and the struggle between identities, combined with that one moment of passion, created the devil before you. As you shuffle the pack for the next hand you feel something brush against your thigh and look down to spot Tellarie's foot sliding up your leg.

“This is fun and all, but I can think of a better use of our time, don't you agree?”

They wink at you.

“Go ahead, name someone. I can be whoever you want, even myself. Or we could just keep playing cards, if you want to be boring.”

Tellarie giggles softly.

>Keep being pushy and you're out.
>Meticulously lay out terms and conditions, then have some fun.
>Cards aren't boring. Let's keep playing.
>And you've lost your mind privileges for the night. Later.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45260639
>>
>>45260639
Not going to fall for it and accidentally sire a demon daughteru.
>>
>>45260639
>>Other (write-in) Ask about Hell.
I can't be the only one who's curious.
>>
>>45260639

>>45260682
Sure, that too.
>>
>>45260639
>Try to tease her w bit and then being pushy...
>born from a woman cheating on her husband with his sister,
Don't tell me that this was Kat
>>
>>45260771
Who?
>>
>>45260771
KatxSena slashfic writers, start your engines.

But no, it's not.
>>
>>45260771
Clarifying, this was denial, not the sexy thing with demon
>>
>>45260781
Character from Become Dragon quest.
>>
>>45260835
Speaking of
Kotijah X Taret pastebin when BTQM?
>>
>>45260835
Oh right.
>>
>>45260851
When I'm not working on a novel and a script for an audiobook.
>>
>>45260865
And SammyxOliver pastebin
>>
You gently but firmly push Tellarie's foot away.

“Keep pushing your luck and you're out of here.”

Tellarie pouts at you, before chuckling quietly.

“Fine, fine... I should probably leave anyway though.”

They get to their feet and stretch a bit before walking around the table towards you.

“It's been fun, as always. Maybe you should ask your angel friend what you need to do so we can have fun without you being afraid of it backfiring. I can do things no mortal woman can imitate, after all.”

Tellarie sits on the table and winks at you before vanishing in a puff of black smoke. At the same moment Angie twitches a bit and yawns, stretching a bit.

“Mmm... What did I miss?”

She blinks and looks at the table, then at the empty chair, and finally at you.

“Did you kick them out or what? I kinda had a wager with them going. I said there was no way you'd put up with their bullshit for long and you'd kick them out yourself, and Tellarie said they could control themselves enough to not piss you off. So, did I win, or do I owe a devil some chocolates?”

>Y-Yeah. I totally kicked Tellarie out on my own. No worries.
>Better get to shopping, they left before they annoyed me too much.
>I don't wanna talk about what just happened.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45260924

She was piss awfully close though.
>>
>>45260924

>Maybe you should ask your angel friend what you need to do so we can have fun
I know what would have to happen for me to vote for that, and it's not (just) protection.
>>
>>45260924
>>Better get to shopping, they left before they annoyed me too much.
Sorry, Angie
>>
>>45260924
>Better get chocolate. But it was close.
>>
>>45260924
>It's debatable. I didn't technically kick her out, but I did threaten it. Any longer and I would have.
>>
“I guess you better get shopping then. Sorry about that. Tellarie got really close to getting kicked out though.”

Angie hangs her head.

“Great. So now I need to find chocolate, a maid outfit and a lounge chair.”

You pause for a moment.

“Um. What?”

Angie laughs softly.

“If I won, Tellarie was going to have to do some work for us, but since I lost I have to feed Tellarie some chocolates while dressed as a maid. It was worth the risk, I think, but it's going to be annoying. I'm gonna have to set up a summoning circle and take care of it before the full moon. I better let you get back to sleep... It's getting pretty late.”

>Mind sending me over to a dream first?
>See you around then
>Can you teach me how to dreamwalk first?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45261109
>>Can you teach me how to dreamwalk first?
>>
>>45261109
>>
>>45261109
>>
>>45261109
>Teach me to DreamWorks.
>>
Spirit roll, and name a target
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261259
Sammy
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261259
Sammy
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261259
Sammy
>>
You nod slightly.

“Can you teach me how to do the whole dreamwalking thing though? I have the ability, but I don't know how to use it consciously.”

Angie gets to her feet slowly.

“You know how sometimes a friend asks you for something, and you know for a fact that you shouldn't do it, but you want to because you trust your friend not to fuck it up?”

Angie smiles at you.

“Imagine a bridge connecting your mind to theirs. It uses quite a bit of magical energy to maintain, so be careful with it, alright? The backlash is even more severe than regular burnout if you use it too much.”

She walks over and presses a finger to your forehead, and you feel the tingling begin again. You can clearly see the bridge before you, and you will yourself across it. After a few moments you find yourself in bed with Sammy. It's her room at home, but there are a few major differences. The posters are gone, the sheets are different, and Sammy looks a bit older. You feel a little older yourself. The thing that sticks out the most to you is what Sammy is holding.

“She's so cute when she's asleep...”

Sammy smiles a bit, holding the infant out to you. Blonde hair, green eyes, and a set of cute little ears on top of her head.

“I'm really glad that we got to experience all this, Oliver... And that you finally made up your mind...”

>Sammy, you've been playing house with your imagination. I was elsewhere. It's complicated.
>Yes. I, too, am happy that we got to enjoy all these wonderful things. But this is still just a dream.
>Did I say that? I meant that I was still figuring things out but wouldn't mind all of this. Silly me.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45261433
>>Sammy, you've been playing house with your imagination. I was elsewhere. It's complicated.
But she is cute as a button. That being said I lost connection after a kiss. Still not great with the whole dream walking bit.
>>
>>45261433
>>Sammy, you've been playing house with your imagination. I was elsewhere. It's complicated.
>>
>Sammy, you've been playing house with your imagination. I was elsewhere. It's complicated.
>>
>>45261433
Intensely painful. Explain when it happened and that it wasn't voluntary to make sure Sammy doesn't think we just fucked off for no reason. Cuddle wolfu and wolf-daughteru anyway if the dream doesn't implode and she doesn't get extremely upset, because it's not like this would be a bad future, it's adorable.

I can't remember what anyone's hair or eye colors were because it's so rarely mentioned.
>>
Sorry for the delay. Back briefly, then finishing tending to something. I shall return!

Schmooze roll, +2
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261959
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261959
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261959
Cuddles are in order
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45261959
>>
File: Tasty.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tasty.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>45261981
>>45261988
>>45261997

>>45262097
So close.
>>
>>45262097
goddamit
>>45261997
clearly not...
>>
>>45262468
We'll just have to cuddle her twice as much to make up for sucking at dice.
>>
>>45262528
Actually we can make a pokerface and say to Sammy that this was just a strange dream she had.
>>
>>45262528
I hope so...
>>
>>45262569
And then get an 11 on the lying roll.

Teasing her about dreaming that we have kids together might be fun, but I have misgivings about lying to wolfu.
>>
>>45262608
Yup. The situation is very sticky. Let's hope for the best.
>>
Aaand we're back. Typing now.
>>
>>45263482
[worry intensifies]
>>
You look at the child for a moment, then at Sammy.

“I... This is probably the worst possible thing that I could say, but this really was a dream. I was here, present and aware in your dream until we kissed, and then... everything after that, I missed out on. The person you were with was how you imagined me to be...”

Sammy's smile wavers slightly.

“I... Wh-What? What do you mean?”

There's a small crack in the window next to the bed, and it widens slightly as you look at it.

“I mean that I saved you from the nightmare monster, then we kissed, and then I fell out of your dream. And everything from that point til now was you on your own. I'm really sorry, Sammy.”

The crack extends a little further, and Sammy's eyes water.

“So... So you're still... making up your mind? All the things you said... I just made it all up...? I... O-Oliver...”

She shakes a bit, setting down the baby and covering her mouth with both hands. You reach out to her and she smacks your hand away, jerking back from you a bit.

“I... D-Don't. Please, don't... I...”

You hear the window creak, and as it shatters you feel a sudden painful tearing sensation in your chest. You awaken to find Sammy sobbing quietly beside you. She opens her eyes slightly and looks at you, a miserable expression on her face.

>Are you alright? What happened? Did you have a bad dream?
>I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.
>Just give her a silent hug and hold her.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45263669
>>
>>45263669
>>Just give her a silent hug and hold her.
our stupid mouth got us into this, let's not shoot it off again
>>
>>45263669
;_;
>>
You move to hug her and Sammy just lays there, unmoving. You give it a moment for her to hug you back, but she doesn't even flinch. As you slowly let go she turns away from you, curling up.

“I need... I need to be alone for a little while...”

You hesitate for a moment, moving to reach out to her, when you hear a noise behind you. Catherine is shifting around, and she's probably going to wake up soon.

>Get Catherine up, inspect the house and let Sammy be alone
>Ask Catherine for some time alone to talk with Sammy
>Ask Catherine to talk to Sammy for you and give them space
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45263780
>>Get Catherine up, inspect the house and let Sammy be alone
Damn it, people.
>>
>>45263780
>>Ask Catherine for some time alone to talk with Sammy
>>
>>45263780
>>Get Catherine up, inspect the house and let Sammy be alone
poor Sammy...
>>
>>45263780
>Get Catherine up, inspect the house and let Sammy be alone
>>
>>45263820
>>45263850
>>45263910
>letting her commit suicide
RIP Sammy
>>
>>45263919
>implying talking to her at the moment is a good idea after LITERALLY SHATTERING HER DREAMS.
>>
>>45263979
We should have just played along with her dream...
>>
>>45263979
>implying leaving an emotionally unstable alone is a good idea
Last time I saw it happen in a quest the waifu slit her own wrist and nearly bled out.
>>
>>45263780
>Get Catherine up, inspect the house and let Sammy be alone.
>>
>>45263707
Not really
>>
You slip out of your sleeping bag and grab your clothes, changing quickly to spare Catherine the embarrassment of waking up to you in your boxers, and gather your supplies. When Catherine wakes up you let her know Sammy is sleeping in and to come outside to help you with the house when she's ready. You help yourself to some trail mix for breakfast as you wait, and as Catherine walks outside she moves to your side.

“I have a question...”

She adjusts her glasses a little bit and pauses, looking down.

“I had an unusual dream last night... You were there, but it didn't seem like a regular dream. It felt... too real. Do you know of any sort of dream magic or spell that lets you alter the dreams of others?”

You can tell she's trying to get you to own up to meddling with her dreams last night, but after the ordeal with Sammy you have no idea exactly what your dream self got up to with Catherine last night.

>I was trying to get rid of your nightmare with a spell. Did it work?
>I meddled a little more directly than you're thinking. I was in your dream.
>Nope, but that sounds pretty cool. What did you dream about?
>Make a joke about you being part of her sexual fantasy.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45264011
Sammy stronk. I don't think that she will try to commit suicide, probably she will be weeping in the woods. But we lost wolfus trust.
>>
>>45264111
>Won dreamwalking in a bet with a demon while I was sleeping. I saw you were having nightmare so I tired to help out. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds.
>>
>>45264148
I don't think we really did anything to break trust, though? It's not like we chose to leave.
>>
>>45264111
seconding >>45264182

better to be honest
>>
>>45264111
>Nope, but that sounds pretty cool. What did you dream about?
>>
>>45264111
>>45264182
I kinda want to play this off as a joke and when she asks, "really?", we say nothing.
>>
>>45264189
>break trust
Shattered woman's wet fantasy.
>>
>>45264300
So by telling her the truth, we broke trust? The fuck?
>>
“Well, I got the power to walk through dreams after beating a devil at poker, but I can't control it well. I tried to help you with your nightmare. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds at all. I think I saved you, and then I got sucked away and left behind whatever you imagine me to be in your dream.”

Catherine nods slightly.

“That... explains a number of things.”

She nods again and heads for the house, and you follow behind her.

“So you're just going to believe it outright?”

Catherine looks over her shoulder at you.

“The alternative is that you're lying to me... I... I don't think you would do that. So of course I'm going to believe it, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.”

She rests a hand on the door and turns toward it.

“So, now we're inspecting the interior, right?”

You nod and try the handle, pushing the door open slowly.

“Yep.”

Catherine pulls out her flashlight and notebook.

“A-After you...”

-

Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
Luck roll
>>
>>45264344
Sammyfags are delusional desu
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45264364
sleuth
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45264364
Perception

>>45264392
Well, I am a sammyfag, so...
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45264392
I'm a sammyfag and even I find that crazy. Better to tell the truth then tell lies.

>>45264364
Luck
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45264364
luck
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45264364
Luck
>>
>>45264428
Okay, Some Sammyfags are delusional desu.
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45264364
>Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
You explore the building from top to bottom with Catherine, combing over every inch of space to try to figure out what happened here, as well as what needs doing to the place to make it usable. Most of the damage is cosmetic, though there's some rot in the floor near the fireplace from some sort of spill, so you'll need to fix that at some point. The first floor doesn't have all that much to keep your interest, and consists mainly of a living room, a main hall by the door, a kitchen and a bathroom. There are also a pair of closets, and inside one of them you locate a pistol, though thankfully Catherine is looking the other way when you spot it. Silver bullets, you note, an odd choice for a werewolf clan.

Upstairs is a different story. It's like walking from one world into another. Everything is in shambles. From what you can make out, the place was once an apartment of some sort, or a home away from home. It looks like Jennifer's taste in decorating was employed here once upon a time. There are holes in the walls, gouges in the floor, and there isn't a single door still on its hinges. There's blood on the floor, long since stained into the wood, and the one bed looks almost completely destroyed. The only thing to indicate the mass of springs and fluff was once a bed is a stained and bloody pillow.

As you head downstairs you notice Catherine has gotten pretty quiet. She's clutching her notebook with both hands, and there's a crease slowly forming in the cover. She comes to a halt at the bottom of the stairs and wobbles slightly, sitting on the bottom step and looking at you.

“What... What is this place...? What happened here?”

>It's a hunting lodge. I guess something bad happened here
>I've got a theory, but it isn't my place to tell you
>You're not in the right state for this story
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45264860
>>I've got a theory, but it isn't my place to tell you
Oh Jennifer... you didn't deserve that...
So that was either where her lover was before Rapey the Werewolf found and shredded him or that's where he, well, claimed her...
>>
>>45264860
>>
>>45264860

And if I'm right several people have explaining to do.
>>
>>45264508
%%I'm Presence fag%%
>>
>>45264982
What?
>>
>>45264860

>>I've got a theory, but it isn't my place to tell you
>>
>>45264997
I'm not though, ectoplasm is basically ghost jizz.
>>
>>45264860
>>
You look around for a moment.

“I've got a few theories. But it's not my place to tell you about it. And if it's true, it means that a few people have a lot of explaining to do.”

Catherine looks at her notebook for a moment.

“I... I see...”

She swallows and gets to her feet.

“The place is mostly intact, no major structural damage aside from some rot and the chimney... If you safely dismantle the chimney and replace the floor then you won't have any troubles. Um... C-Can I... go home now...? This place gives me the creeps...”

>I think we should all head home at this point.
>Head out with Sammy, I've gotta go talk to some people
>Let's get this wrapped up then, alright? Then we can go somewhere else.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45265000
Jennifer either was forcibly abducted and had her memories rewritten, or she tried running back to her fiance' and her husband's pack brought her back by force. either way the human man she loved fought and died here.

>>45265213
>>
>>45265213
>>
>>45265213
>>
“I think all of us need to head home at this point... We can leave the tents and supplies here for the next time I come out here, so there won't be much to carry back.”

Catherine nods and tears a page from her notebook.

“Here's a list of problems and supplies necessary for fixing them...”

You pocket it and head for the door, with Catherine right behind you. When you walk out you find Sammy sitting by the fire, which she's in the process of relighting. She glances over at you and frowns.

“What's up? You both look like you've seen a ghost...”

You gesture to the house.

“We finished up. I'll explain later. For now, we're gonna pack everything up, stash it inside and then get moving.”

Sammy hesitates for a moment and gets to her feet.

“If that's the case then I'm just gonna head home. I'll... I'll see you guys tomorrow.”

>Let Sammy head home, pack up then walk back with Catherine
>Ask Sammy to help pack stuff up first
>Take Sammy aside for a quick chat to explain what you found and see how she's doing
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45265454
>>Take Sammy aside for a quick chat to explain what you found and see how she's doing
>>
>>45265213
>>45265239
It could be a demon, who went out from circle, killed the priest and cursed Patrick.
>>
>>45265492
Patrick is a bloodlines werewolf born with it I doubt it.

>>45265454

>Take Sammy aside for a quick chat to explain what you found and see how she's doing
>>
>>45265454

>>45265239
There are way more possibilities than that, anon.
>>
>>45265454
>>
>>45265532
Pretty sure you can fuck with pre-existent curses, given that we're planning on doing exactly that and have encountered no indication it's impossible.
>>
>>45265454
>>
You walk over to Sammy as she heads into the tent and gently grab her shoulder.

“Can we talk before you head out? About what I found, and about... us? How you're doing and all that...?”

Sammy turns to you for a moment.

“...Alright, but let me just... have a moment to brace myself.”

You nod and let her go into the tent, and you work with Catherine to pack everything else up. Catherine seems lost in thought, or at least unwilling to talk right now beyond nods of affirmation as you direct her towards various tasks. Sammy comes out after a few minutes and heads off towards the trees, and you excuse yourself to follow. When you get a good distance away Sammy turns and faces you.

“So? What did you find?”

>Tell her what you found, but not your theories about what it might mean
>Tell her about your deductions and some theories
>Ask her how she's doing, focus on that
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45265680
>>Tell her what you found, but not your theories about what it might mean
>>
>>45265680

I have theories, but I'm not sure they are anywhere near the mark. You have any insight?
>>
>>45265680
>>
You lay it out for her piece by piece. The ruined walls and doors, the blood stains, the decorations. The expression on her face doesn't change at all as you explain it, she just looks mildly perturbed. After a few moments it looks as though it's starting to sink in, and her eyes go wide.

“That... But that can't be right... My dad and uncle used to use that lodge all the time for parties, there's no way that they'd... And my mom never went there... Do you think-”

Sammy gets cut off by her phone buzzing, and she answers the call.

“Hello? Oh, hey! Listen, I'm in the mid- You're what? When?”

She looks a little frantic, torn between her concern and whatever news she's getting. It looks like it's good news though.

“I'll be right there. I'm by the old hunting lodge, I... went for a hike with some friends. Uh-huh. Ask dad about it. Actually, wait, don't, it... It's complicated. Ask Uncle Stephen instead. I'll be there in a minute, I promise. Bye, love you.”

Sammy pockets her phone and sighs softly.

“I've gotta run right now. My little sister is home from school. She came back to find out what was going on with mom and dad, and... that means that my big brother is going to be back soon too. I'll... I'll text you later, alright?”

>Promise me. I'll be waiting.
>Can we talk about us first? Are you alright?
>Do what you've gotta do, contact me when you can.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45265680
>>
>>45265880
>>Do what you've gotta do, contact me when you can.
>>
>>45265880
>>Do what you've gotta do, contact me when you can.

And I DO want to make this work, otherwise I wouldn't have invited you up here with me, nor tried to initiate in your dreams.
>>
>>45265880
>Promise me. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>45265880
>Do you need backup?
>>
You nod slightly.

“Whatever you need to do, do it. Talk to me when you get the chance, alright?”

Sammy nods and rubs her arm briefly before pulling you into a tight hug. She kisses you firmly and runs off, leaving you slightly dazed. You stand there for a moment watching her before you hear a twig snap and hear a quiet yelp of surprise, and you turn to find Catherine looking at you, eyes wide, face frozen in fear after being caught.

“I-I... I didn't see anything!”

She turns and runs back towards the cabin, and you take off after her.

“Catherine, wait!”

She comes to a halt by the tent, hugging herself tightly. As you slow down and approach her she turns towards you.

“I-I swear I didn't see or hear anything, I just... was worried about you, and... and I know what she is, and if she's emotional... I just... wanted to make sure you didn't get hurt...”

>I appreciate the effort, but Sammy's not gonna hurt me. Let's pack up and go, alright?
>Is that all you were doing just now?
>What do you mean, 'Know what she is'?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45266262
>>
>>45266262
>>
>>45266262
>>Is that all you were doing just now?
>>
>>45266262
>>
You nod slowly.

“Is that all you were doing just now? You weren't spying at all?”

Catherine squirms a little bit, looking down.

“I... You seem... close... I just wanted to know how close... I-I mean, I... W-We're friends, right? So... I wanted to... know what was going on...?”

You sigh softly.

“Fine, fine... And what did you mean by knowing what she is? Do you mean the whole werewolf thing?”

Catherine gasps softly and looks at you.

“Y-You knew? And you... You're alright with being along with her like that? B-But she's... She's dangerous to be around, a-and... and most of the werewolves around the school are all bullies and thugs, o-or at least... unpleasant.”

You head over to the tent and start to dismantle it.

“Well, Sammy isn't most werewolves, right? She has her moments, but she's not a threat to anyone's life. Sometimes I think that's a bit of a shame, since she needs to be able to defend herself, but... Well, you get the idea. She's harmless.”

Catherine lets out a sigh of relief and moves to help you pack the tent up.

“I see... Well... That's good news, at least...”

After a few awkward attempts to redirect the conversation, you wind up discussing architecture and construction tips, and with your bags all packed and stashed in the cabin, you're ready to head back.

“So... do we have to walk the whole way? My legs still hurt a bit from last time...”

>We'll manage, somehow.
>I'll carry you back, no worries.
>Can we call someone and get a ride?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45266652
Does Toby have a drivers license?
>>
>>45266652
>>I'll carry you back, no worries.
not waifuing Catherine, but the poor girl really isn't the outdoorsy type. Piggy back rides are chaste, yeah?
>>
>>45266652
If Toby has a license call him if not walk as much as we can until Catherine needs us to carry her.
>>
>>45266710
Not that you know of. You could text him and find out.
>>
>>45266777
>This.
Also can we make energy drink from our blood?
>>
>>45266973
I.... what?
>>
So I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say that texting Toby is the next plan?
>>
>>45267037
Pump our blood with glucose then feed it to the exhausted mermaid. But it will backfire hard.
>>
>>45267114
sounds good
we can mostly trust him.
I mean, worst case scenario we geas him to be unable to tell anyone its location.
>>
>>45267197
Also we're going to fortify our lair. Explosive rune trap anyone?
>>
>>45267248
>Explosives which will damage the lair
>Not using an Eversion Rune
Do you even juice
>>
>>45267248
Nah, just reverse Blair Witch it. They'll wander through some enchanted trees, only to wander right the fuck back out, unable to just walk through to the cabin.
Andrea might be able to help with that.
>>
>>45267270
>>45267296
why not all 3?
>>
>>45267309
Because explosive runes damage property value.
>>
>>45267114
>>45266652
>I'll carry you back, no worries.
Just woke up, but here's my vote.
>>
>>45267337
Also easier to regen from. You, uh, you don't really heal from an eversion rune if it is what I think it is.
>>
>>45267309
people will follow the explosions
The important thing we should set up is the vampire dissection basement. We need to know who can do what and how before we Become the Vampire.
>>
>>45267248
>explosive runes
>blowing up property we don't own
Great idea, anon.
>>
You check your phone for messages before smiling at Catherine.

“I have an idea. One sec.”

You send Tobias a text message asking him if he can drive, and if so, whether or not he can pick you up. The response you receive is almost immediate.

“Where are you? I can be there in a little bit.”

You pocket your phone again after giving him a rough idea of where you are and start walking towards the road.

“Let's get going. My ride is on his way.”

Catherine follows behind you, and you make your way back towards the road in relative silence. Catherine is trying to come up with something to say, but she never quite manages to get there, and by the time you get to the road she's given up.

>Let Catherine come up with what she wants to say, keep quiet
>Ask her about mermaid things
>Just chill out til Tobias arrives
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45267480
>>Let Catherine come up with what she wants to say, keep quiet
>>
>>45267390
Well keep in mind that none of the 'vampires' we'd be able to dissect are real vampires. Dracula is the only vampire, everything else that calls itself a vampire is just a shitty dhampir half-demon with an ego.
>>
>>45267480
>>Ask her about mermaid things
Sooooo how hard is it to get books underwater? What about Tv? computers?
>>
>>45267480
>Ask her about mermaid things
>>
>>45267480
>>
>>45267480
>>
>>45267480
>>Let Catherine come up with what she wants to say, keep quiet
>>
You sit down by the side of the road and Cathering takes a seat beside you. Several long minutes pass before she finally opens her mouth.

“I... I'm glad that... you're alright... I-I mean, not that Sammy was going to maul you, like you said, but I... I was worried, and... I'm just... glad...”

She curls up a bit, hugging her knees and looking down.

“I... don't really open up to people... but it feels normal with you... I was scared that... you were going to get hurt... That I'd be alone again...”

She glances at you.

“I... I'll shut up now, sorry...”

>I'm glad that you're alright too.
>Don't worry about me. I'm too awesome to die.
>Hugs are nice.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45267667
>>Hugs are nice.
>>
>>45267667
>>Hugs are nice.
>>
>>45267667
>Hugs are nice.
>>
>>45267667
>Hugs are nice.
>>
>>45267667
>>Hugs are nice.
>Other (write-in) I practice blood magic, consort with demons, traverse dreams and it's my girlfriend that you're worried about killing me?

We've been hugging a lot of girls we accidentally upset lately.
Please, god, let Athena be happy and stable and Not Skynet.
>>
File: mg2005rev.jpg (50KB, 229x480px) Image search: [Google]
mg2005rev.jpg
50KB, 229x480px
>>45267679
>>45267684
>>45267687
>>45267715
Mardi Gras hivemind is strong.
>>
>>45267727
>Not Skynet.
Well, She WOULD have been, but some anon decided she needed some emotional damage. We can only hope we comfort her right and she doesn't get a hate-boner for humanity.
>>
>>45267767
>The same recycled "it has to end badly" statement
You're just trolling at this point.
>>
>>45267767
Look, let's hope we can talk Super Daughteru out of the extinction of all non-golem/artificial life if she and her girlfriend have a bad breakup.
>>
You shrug slightly.

“Don't worry about me. I'm too cool to die that easily.”

Catherine giggles softly, blushing.

“S-Something like that...”

You turn and pull her in for a hug.

“I'll be alright, promise.”

Catherine goes rigid the moment you touch her, and as you give her a soft squeeze she suddenly goes limp. She wobbles slightly and slumps against you, and you slowly release her to find that she's passed out. You give her a slight shake, but all she does is flop back and forth slightly. You can feel some sort of spell giving out, and her shoes fall off her feet as her legs start to turn back into a tail, though she's wearing jeans right now.

>Try to get Catherine to wake up before her jeans turn to shreds
>Strip her down and avert your gaze, she'll need her pants when you get back to school
>She's got a dress in her bag, cover her with it and hope for the best
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45267840
>>
>>45267840
>>
>>45267840
>>Try to get Catherine to wake up before her jeans turn to shreds
>>
>>45267840
>>
>>45267840
>>
>>45267840
She hugs like a cold fish...
Godammit Cat, we didn't even try to get you out of your pants, stop throwing yourself at us.
>>
Will you:

>Continue to shake her in the hopes that it will eventually work
>Shout at her, maybe she'll respond to a loud noise
>Pain tends to shock people awake, slap her
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45267959
>>
>>45267959
>>
>>45267959
>>Other (write-in) Dive into her dreams to wake her up
Worth a shot, I'd rather not just hit her...
>>
>>45267959
>>Shout at her, maybe she'll respond to a loud noise
>>
>>45267959
Pinch her nose too
>>
>>45267959
Backing >>45267989
>>
>>45267959
>>45268014
Second, pinching nose to wake people up always works in anime.
>>
>>45267959
>>
>>45267989
>She fainted because she just dreamed about being SUPER lewd with us. Dive in and we'll see it.

>>45267959
I'll support it.
>>
>>45267989
Don't we have to be asleep to pull that off because mortal?
>>
>>45268075
>>45268014
dudes, she's a mermaid, she might need water to breathe when in fish-mode...
>>
>>45268108
As far as we know. And even Angie has to be asleep.
>>
>>45268122
She's not in fish mode yet. Also, that's stupid.
>>
>>45268122
>>45268156
When we visited her at the pool she was in fish mose and breathed air.
>>
>>45268190
she was traveling around with a ball of water, we have no clue how mermaids work.
>>
>>45268229
She dismissed that ball of water when she sat down and had a long dinner with us.
>>
>>45268229
The part that contains all the respiratory orifices was above water. The ball of water was probably because she didn't have any legs.
>>
>>45268253
fair, guess I'm just worrying needlessly.
>>
>>45268274
Worst case scenario, we cycle our oxygenated blood into her and act as a living dialysis/iron lung.
>>
You take a deep breath and start to yell at her, hoping that a loud noise will snap her awake. She jolts forward a bit as you shout, covering her ears and wincing. She immediately gasps and grabs at her legs, focusing and reversing the transformation. She carefully starts to put her shoes back on, looking at you warily.

“D-Don't just hug someone out of the blue... I-It... It's not polite...”

She fusses with her clothes and scoots away from you a little bit, watching you like you might spit poison at her at any moment and blushing like you just took off your pants while she was passed out. On the horizon you can see a car driving towards you. It's a beat up sports car with fading paint, and you can hear heavy German techno as it draws closer. You're not really surprised when Tobias lowers the window and looks at you.

“Need a ride?”

He looks at Catherine, who flinches.

“Two rides, got it. Well, get in, buddy, and there's room for your friend, too.”

He lowers the music and unlocks the doors.

>Ladies first
>Shotgun!
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45268387
>Ladies first
>>
>>45268387
>Ladies first
>>
>>45268387
>Ladies first
>>
>>45268366
wouldn't that just give her blood poisoning?
>>45268387
>Shotgun!

she probably wants some space
>>
>>45268387
>>Ladies first
We ain't a scrub
>>
>>45268429
>she probably wants some space
She wants some manners, anon. There's a difference.
>>
>>45268429
Doesn't seem like there'd be more chance of blood poisoning from that than from any other sort of blood transfer. Possibly less since it's done via telekinesis instead of an IV that could be contaminated.
>>
>>45268482
I think anon meant that there's no guarantee of blood compatibility, as we don't know if mermaids even have human-ish blood let alone similar blood types.
>>
>>45268564
Well, it'd be better than just letting her air-drown, at least.
>>
You get to your feet slowly.

“Ladies first?”

Catherine swallows and heads for the back seat, getting in and closing the door behind herself. You make your way around to the other side and climb in, buckling up.

“I didn't know you actually had a car, Tobias. I was just kinda hoping.”

Tobias shrugs a bit.

“I saved up my allowance and all the money from my job to buy Ophelia. Isn't she great?”

You blink.

“Ophelia...?”

Catherina perks up.

“The Hamlet character?”

Tobias nods and grins.

“Yep. She's my moody little princess.”

He chuckles and hits the gas, spinning the car around and heading down the road at high speed. Despite the paint job, the rest of the car looks pretty good. Leather interior, powerful sound system, and the engine purrs as he revs it. Catherine is clutching her seatbelt tightly, eyes wide with fright as the car continues to accelerate.

>Tobias, can we slow it down? Catherine's freaking out a bit.
>Try to calm Catherine down
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45268659
>>Other (write-in)
Laugh loudly. "Got a date or something, Toby? Seems like you're in a bit of a hurry."
>>
>>45268659
>>45268703
This
>>
>>45268659
>>Tobias, can we slow it down? Catherine's freaking out a bit.
>>
>>45268659
>>Tobias, can we slow it down? Catherine's freaking out a bit.
>>
>>45268659
>Tobias, can we slow it down? Catherine's freaking out a bit.
and>>45268703
this
>>
>>45268703
Maybe he does have a date with that siren.
>>
You chuckle softly.

“Tobias, can we slow it down a bit? I mean, unless you've got a hot date or something. Catherine isn't really enjoying the high speed.”

Tobias gives you a thumbs up and the car starts to slow down.

“Sorry about that. I just really like letting the engine open up when I'm on a highway. It's the closest I'm gonna get to flying, y'know? I mean... Well, actually... Alright, confession time, I got into the occult stuff partially because I've always wanted to fly, and... Yeah. Know that I know it's all real, maybe it doesn't have to be a dream, right?”

Catherine starts to calm down, reclining and sinking into her seat.

“Flight spells are pretty common because of their utility, though some are better than others...”

When she doesn't elaborate you look over to find her panting softly, trying to calm herself down. Tobias hums along with the music, and you find yourself with some time to think about your next move. You have a base now, albeit one in need of patching up. It's also the site of demon summoning efforts, and potentially a place where Jennifer was assaulted. You're not sure why Stephen would let you have that place knowing that you'd stumble upon it eventually. You've got the rest of the day to goof off though.

>Spend the day with Athena
>Head into town for supplies
>Hang out with Catherine, ask about magic stuff
>Time to introduce Tobias to the world of magic spells
>Touch base with Andrea, see how she's doing
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45269205
>Hang out with Catherine, ask about magic stuff
>>
>>45269205
>>Hang out with Catherine, ask about magic stuff
>>Time to introduce Tobias to the world of magic spells
porque no los dos?
>>
>>45269205
>>
>>45269205
>>
>>45269205
>Know that I know it's all real, maybe it doesn't have to be a dream, right?”
>Know that I know
>>
>>45269275
>porque no los dos?
Catherine probably wants some time to think about her dream/us hugging her.
>>
>>45269205
>>
>>45269205
Obligatory vote for daughteru time
>>
>>45269205

These three aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>45269240
Changing to support >>45269391
>>
>>45269205
>>45269355
Changing to >>45269391
>>
As the car nears the school you turn to Catherine.

“Since you know about flight spells, could you help me out with something? I was planning to spend the day learning more about magic, and Tobias wants to learn how to fly... Think you could help us out a bit?”

Catherine glances at you.

“S-Spend the afternoon with... with two boys...?”

You nod.

“I mean, Tobias will be there, if that counts for anything.”

Tobias laughs a bit and rolls his eyes.

“Nice. Yeah, I'll be the third wheel, don't worry. There won't be any funny business on my watch.”

Catherine fidgets a little.

“I... I guess that could be alright...”

Tobias grins and takes his eyes off the road for a moment to turn and smile at her.

“Thanks! You're a miracle worker!”

He turns back around and yelps, slamming on the brakes, and the car skids to a halt right in front of the crosswalk. As you untangle yourself from your seatbelt you spot Jennifer standing in front of the car, hands on her hips and glaring at Tobias. She slaps the hood of the car.

“Watch where you're going, young man. You might not be in class right now, but I'm going to give you a detention for not paying attention to the road. And one for your friend in the back, Mr. Spencer. I see you. Don't think I don't know what sort of behavior you're encouraging. Don't distract your driver. Let this be a lesson to you both. Report to my classroom after school tomorrow.”

She turns and walks away, and Tobias cautiously starts to drive away.

“You've gotta be kidding me...”

>Call out to Jennifer, tell her you won't stand for this
>It's fine. We'll get through this together.
>Well, I'm definitely cutting that detention.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45269504
It's just detention
>>
>>45269504
>>Well, I'm definitely cutting that detention.
Pretty sure that isn't even legal, monsters or no...
>>
>>45269504
And you know, Catherine, I coukd have my homunculus join us too, if you'd feel better.
>>
>>45269550
>Pretty sure that isn't even legal,
At a boarding school like this one it is.
>>
>>45269564
>I coukd have my homunculus join us too, if you'd feel better.
>homunculus
AHEM
I THINK YOU MEAN DAUGHTER

She should probably be aware of the fact that we're a dad and meet Athena though, yeah.
>>
>>45269504
Can't stick unless we're on school grounds anyways.
>>
>>45269504
>>
>>45269584
I think she'd be more comfortable meeting Athena the opposite way we introduce her to everyone else.
>>
>>45269588
Again, >>45269583
Boarding school. To stay in the dorms, the school takes on all responsibilities of legal guardian, so yes, they can.
>>
>>45269504
>>
>>45269608
Probably, but I'm not even remotely comfortable calling our daughter a homunculus instead of a daughter. I refuse to do so. Especially with a possessive like that, it feels degrading. Muh daughteru isn't degrading because she is ours from a genetic and parental standpoint. When applied to a homunculus it feels like just treating them like a thing.

And a daughteru is a way better guard against lewds than a homunculus.
>>
“Well, I'm definitely cutting that one. That can't be allowed, can it?”

Catherine frowns.

“If you're in her class, she can just come up with an excuse to put you in detention to put on file. And you shouldn't cut detention or else they'll send the disciplinary committee after you...”

Tobias gulps.

“Yeah, I'm with you on fighting the system, but I'd rather try to get on her good side by tomorrow instead. I like my knees. Who knows, maybe in class tomorrow she'll be... Oh, who am I kidding, she's never in a good mood... She's a snowflake, beautiful but cold to the core...”

He pulls into the nearest parking space for the school and hangs his head.

“We're doomed... I bet she's gonna heap on tons of schoolwork for us to do all afternoon...”

>Actually, she's not so bad once you get to know her.
>Tobias, hush, that's my... uh... close personal friend you're talking about
>Yep, she certainly is a frigid bitch. Pun intended.
>I'll settle this, trust me. I have a cunning plan.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45269701
>>
>>45269701
>I'll settle this, trust me. I have a cunning plan.
>>
>>45269701
Or rather, once she gets to know you.
>>
>>45269701
And we don't want the Dean made at us.
>>
>>45269701
>>
>>45269784
Don't think this vote undoes the decision to cut, so I'm not sure what that comment is about.
>>
>>45269813
it was about how stupid this decision is, considering there's basically a Great Old One running the school.
>>
>>45269841
I don't think he'll get mad at us over skipping one detention, particularly from that teacher.
>>
>>45269869
I think it's stupid to do anything that'll draw his attention.
>>
>>45269841
But he's our dad, so it's fine
>>
>>45269887
Good for you.
>>
You shrug a little.

“She's not so bad once you get past her initial reaction. She's actually pretty thoughtful.”

Tobias turns to you and pauses.

“Oh right, you know her outside of school, right? Sammy's mom or something?”

You nod a bit.

“Yeah, pretty much, although we're friends. I'll see if I can talk to her about the detention thing, maybe she'll let it go.”

Tobias nods and grins.

“Awesome, thanks!”

You get out of the car and look around a bit. You spot Jennifer heading towards the main part of the school and briefly wonder where the teacher's dorms are. The full moon isn't all that far off, a week and a half, and you hope that she's going to be alright. Tobias steps out beside you and pats you on the shoulder.

“So, magic... Where are we gonna go to learn some magic?”

>My place, where all my sweet magic books are
>I was gonna ask the nurse if I could borrow some stuff
>I think the old math teacher had some sort of... arcane sanctum thingie. We should try to find that.
>I dunno. Where do you wanna go?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45269897
>>
>>45269897
>>
>>45269897
>And also my daughter, probably
>>
“Let's head to my room, it's where all my books are.”

Tobias nods and smirks.

“Race you there then!”

He takes off running at top speed, and Catherine walks to your side.

“Um... If it's all the same to you... Can I head back to my room first and get changed? I can get one of my books to bring with me...”

>Whatever works. I have a race to win!
>There's no time, he's already winning, come on!
>I'll walk with you.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45269897
>And also my daughter, probably
>before you ask magic was involved.
>>
>>45269983
>>
>>45269983
>>
>>45269983
>>I'll walk with you.
I'm still worried about her getting attacked.
>>
>>45269983
>>Other (write-in)
Want me to walk you there?
>>
>>45269983
>I'll walk with you.
>>
>>45269983
>I'll walk with you.
>>
>Inb4 we arrive at our room to find Athena, still in mini-daughteru form, has Tobias in a chokehold, having detected an unknown intruder
Unless Toby met our daughter and I just forgot about it.
>>
You nod a bit.

“I'll walk with you, actually. Tobias can run all he likes.”

Catherine nods slowly and blushes a bit.

“A-Alright, but... you can't come inside, alright...? P-Promise...”

You smile softly.

“I promise. Unless you invite me inside or give me your approval, I won't come in.”

Catherine gives you a brief nod and turns, walking off. If nothing else, it'll be good practice for when you're a vampire. When you reach Catherine's room she ducks inside, glancing at you and closing the door before you get a chance to peek inside. You can hear muffled voices inside, at least two besides Catherine.

>Try to listen in
>Be polite and wait it out
>Barge in
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270122
>Try to listen in
>>
>>45270122
>Try to listen in
>>
>>45270122
>Try to listen in
We just won't mention it if it's embarassing.
>>
>>45270122
>Try to listen in
>>
>>45270146
I'm mostly worried that it's those two assholes and possibly some bonus assholes ambushing her.
>>
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
>>
>>45270176
We scared snakeboy, and never did confirm if the ogre was being mind controlled or not.
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
sneak
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270195
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
sorryim late bbiues lets get dem mermaid titties
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45270181
>>
>>45270214
>>45270217
You're late
>>
>>45270198
Snakes are notoriously stupid and I'm willing to default to not being mind control.
>>
>>45270195
>>45270211
>>45270212
Fuuuuuu
>>45270214
>>45270217
UUUUUUUUUCK!
FUCK!
>>
>>45270232
Well, as long as there's no screams, sudden crashes, or sudden ominous silences, it's all good.

She's probably got roommates too, after all.
>>
>>45270217
yeah, i guess i was too late fellas.... the one time a roll a critical with someone and we're both late...

never change /tg/ never change
>>
You walk over to the door and strain to hear what's going on. You can hear a male voice and a female voice aside from Catherine's. Something about clothes? And there's some laughter. You back off a bit to avoid getting caught and wait a bit. There's some more laughter after a minute, louder this time, and Catherine emerges from her room in her uniform, blushing, eyes watering and clutching a book to her chest.

“L-Let's... Let's go...”

>You alright? What happened in there?
>Let her know she can talk to you and head to your room
>Head into the room, teach a lesson in manners
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270281
>>You alright? What happened in there?
aw fuck, her roomies are bullying her...
>>
>>45270281
>head into the room, teach a lesson in manners

But i wont be late for this shit.

lets smack some heads around
>>
>>45270281
>Ya know, if your roommates are bothering you, I can teach them a lesson. I've done this before.
>>
>>45270281
>>Let her know she can talk to you and head to your room
>>
>>45270281
>>
>>45270281
>Let her know she can talk to you and head to your room
>>
>>45270281
>>
>>45270289
Or, just teasing her. Not all teasing is bullying.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_q9g2U2dAU
>>
>>45270348
and not all teasing puts the person in tears
>>
>>45270294
Remember, her parents sold their house for her to be able to go to school here. She's gotta be worried about getting in any sort of trouble.
>>
>>45270384
but we'd be the one getting in trouble
>>
>>45270382
Catherine is kind of oversensitive about this sort of thing.
>>
>>45270382
Her eyes watered up when WE teased her the first time. She's super sensitive about everything.
>>
“Are you alright? Did something happen in there...?”

Catherine nods and sniffles a bit.

“I-I'm fine... I just... Let's...”

She turns and starts to walk off, and you move alongside her, keeping pace. She's actually moving at a fairly rapid clip, like she's trying to run away from her room without looking like that's what she's doing. You glance over your shoulder briefly.

“If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me. I just want you to know that.”

Catherine rubs her eyes briefly.

“M-Maybe... later...”

You nod and escort her to your room. By the time you arrive she's mostly calmed down, but when you see the door is open and hear Tobias' screams coming from within you dash forward. You throw the door open fully and look upon true horror. Athena is straddling Tobias, tickling his ribs and smiling. Tobias is in tears, thrashing and shouting.

“Help! I give up! Please, stop!”

Athena giggles.

“What's the password?”

She looks at you and smiles cheerfully.

“Hi daddy! I caught an intruder! He said he's your friend, but I didn't believe him. On purpose.”

She stops tickling Tobias and stands on his chest instead.

“Does he have permission to be here?”

>Yes. But carry on, this is hilarious.
>Athena, no assaulting daddy's friends and tickling them until they break down.
>Nope, but I'll let him stick around.
>I don't know this guy. Put him outside, gently.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270481
>>
>>45270481
>>
>>45270481
>>
>>45270481
>>
>>45270481
>>Yes. But carry on, this is hilarious.
>Other (write-in) Sweetie, you are the best thing in my life, ever.
>>
>>45270481
>>45270499
Add >>45270520's write-in on.
>>
>>45270481
>>
>>45270481
>>45270520
This
>>
>>45270520
I'm one of the posts above this and I don't know which, but consider that added
>>
You nod.

“Yep, he's my friend. But you can keep going, this is hysterical.”

Tobias looks at you pleadingly.

“Please no...”

Athena smirks and jumps back down, resuming her assault. Tobias thrashes and screams between peals of laughter. You chuckle quietly.

"Sweetie, you're the best part of my life, hands down..."

Catherine walks in behind you, looking at Tobias and Athena for a moment.

“Um...”

Athena looks at Catherine and her eyes flash, and she lunges for her.

“Intruder! Tickle attack initiated!”

>Athena, no! Wait!
>Jump in the way
>Push Catherine out of the way
>Let nature take its course and grab your books
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270577
>Athena, no! Wait!
>>
>>45270577
>Jump in the way
Hug and tickle her.
>>
>>45270577
>>Athena, no! Wait!
>Jump in the way
Easy there, superchild
>>
>>45270577
Change >>45270587
to support>>45270595
>>
>>45270577
>Athena, no! Wait!
>Jump in the way
Catherine is a lot more shy than Toby.
>>
>>45270577
>"Sweetie, you're the best part of my life, hands down..."
How? This daughteru shit has gotten old fast.
>>
>>45270577
>>45270595
>>45270598
These three.
>>
>>45270626
Because the rest of us like it.
>>
File: Legendary Super Mad.png (119KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary Super Mad.png
119KB, 200x295px
>>45270626
GET OUT
>>
File: trash.gif (155KB, 255x224px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
155KB, 255x224px
>>45270626
>This daughteru shit has gotten old fast.
>>
“Athena, wait!”

You smirk and jump in the way, catching her and taking her down. You hug her and start to tickle her sides, and she squirms and giggles, retaliating in kind. The down side to her having your genetic code on file is that she knows all your weak spots, but she goes easy on you. Catherine just stands there, confused, until Athena pulls away from you and jumps up, inspecting Catherine from every angle. Athena turns to you and gives you a silent thumbs up before heading for her couch fort. Catherine looks perplexed and a little concerned.

“What... just happened...?”

Tobias sits up slowly.

“I can't... breathe... My sides... They ache... Oh Gods above...”

>And that, lady and gentleman, is my daughter.
>So, magic time. Shall we get started?
>Athena, sweetie, we're gonna learn some magic. Wanna help out?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270716
>>
>>45270716
>>And that, lady and gentleman, is my daughter.
>>So, magic time. Shall we get started?
>>
>>45270716
>>
>>45270716

>>
>>45270716
>>And that, lady and gentleman, is my daughter.
>>Athena, sweetie, we're gonna learn some magic. Wanna help out?
>>
>>45270716
>>Athena, sweetie, we're gonna learn some magic. Wanna help out?
>>
“Well, Catherine and Tobias, that would be my daughter, Athena.”

Tobias pauses and looks at you.

“Wait, huh? You're a dad? Since when?”

You shrug and smile, heading for the couch fort.

“A wizard did it. And the wizard is me. So... I did it. Athena, sweetie, we're going to be learning some magic. Wanna help us out?”

Athena pokes her head out of the fort and smiles cheerfully.

“Ooh, ooh, I wanna help! I can, uh... I can demonstrate stuff, and be the test subject, and keep people from exploding! That's an important job.”

She nods, before motioning for you to come closer. You lean in and she whispers in your ear.

“She's cute. Snare her. With your... um... snares.”

She giggles mischievously. You recognize that laugh, and you curse under your breath for leaving your school bag in your room so often. Presence has been hanging out with Athena when you're not there. You grab your books and sit down, and Athena immediately sits on your lap.

“So, time for class. Catherine?”

You look over at her. She's blushing bright red and staring at you. You're not sure which thing in particular made her blush, but she's scarlet.

>Lay out the basics for Tobias while Catherine recovers
>Tobias, wanna give Catherine a little nudge?
>Athena, can you try to wake Catherine up while I teach Tobias?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270855
>>
>>45270855
mermaid.exe has encountered a fatal system error and needs to reboot
>>
>>45270855
>>
>>45270855
We can teach him the basics of elemental magic pretty simply.
>>
“Athena, can you try to get Catherine to snap out of it while I explain basic magic to Tobias?”

Athena sighs and stands up, walking over to Cathering and poking her cheeks.

“Rise and shine~”

Catherine mutters something about you doing something under her breath and you shrug and turn to Tobias. You start with the basic elements of magic that Jennifer taught you, about a person's aura and how different types of magic require different types of focus. Tobias takes to the lesson quite well, absorbing everything you tell him, although when you ask him to try something you remember that you had a demon carve a channel for your magical energy for you. Tobias has a steep learning curve to overcome.

>Try to use some magic to give Tobias a head start
>Ask Catherine how to jump start Tobias' magical learning
>Ask Tobias if he knows anything about magic
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45270985
>>Ask Catherine how to jump start Tobias' magical learning
I mean, he could try doing the same blood ritual, but we'd have to make it clear what the limits are.
>>
>>45270985
>>
>>45270985
>>Ask Tobias if he knows anything about magic
lets find out what he knows and work from there
also
>Other (write-in) Use what's left of that Magic for Children kit Sammy's mom brought to try and see what he can do.
>>
>>45270985

>Catherine mutters something about you doing something under her breath

She's daydreaming about us having sex.
>>
>>45270985
>>45271027
this
>>
>>45271027
>Use what's left of that Magic for Children kit Sammy's mom brought to try and see what he can do.
It was a single use thing. But we could probably find a new one in the Bizzarre.
>>
“Catherine, any chance you know a way to jumpstart Tobias' magic?”

Athena has moved on to simply bugging Catherine, who is sitting with her book at the ready. She nods and offers you the book while Athena is poking her ear and smiling. You check the cover briefly. 'A Beginner's Guide to Magic'. Catherine smiles softly, ducking under Athena's jabbing finger.

“Chapter six is the one you want...”

You turn to the appropriate section and find a guide on activating someone's magical spark, a term used to describe their first fledgling spell, the thing that creates the first cracks in the barrier holding their energy in. The process is simple: push magical energy into the target until it overflows, sit back and watch the fireworks, be ready in case they pass out or their own innate talent is so great that a random, fully formed spell erupts from them. Tobias grins.

“So? What do we do?”

>What are you doing on the night of the full moon? I've got a favor I can call in, probably.
>Hold still, this will only hurt a lot.
>It says here that I need to push magic into you until something gives way and you can start using magic. But that sounds too much like a metaphor for taking your virginity to be right, which just goes to show you what perverts wizards are. Let me try another book...
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45271172
>It says here that I need to push magic into you until something gives way and you can start using magic. But that sounds too much like a metaphor for taking your virginity to be right, which just goes to show you what perverts wizards are. Let me try another book...
>>
>>45271172
>>
>>45271172
>>
>>45271172
>>
>>45271172
>>Hold still, this will only hurt a lot.
>Other (write-in) Have Athena on standby to stop any magic shenanigans.
>>
>>45271172
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
>>45271172
>Catherine smiles softly, ducking under Athena's jabbing finger.
Cute.
>>
Rolled 12 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45271246
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45271246
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45271246
We're taking toby's magic virginity.
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45271246
>>
>>45271273
And he liked it!
Man, we just need to think of all things in terms of sex and suddenly we're amazing!
>>
>>45271273
Bruh, really?
>>
Awesome.

Luck roll
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45271273
>19
He's gonna be almost as strong as us.

>>45271287
Yes.

>>45271310
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45271310
DON'T EXPLODE
>>
>>45271321
OH BOY HERE WE GO
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45271310

>>45271321
>>45271322
we accidentally a merlin
>>
>>45271334
Don't get too excited, it's not a crit yet.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45271310
>>
>>45271336
>merlin
Tobias is half-demon?
>>
>>45271321
FUCK OFF, WE WORKED HARD FOR OUR MAGIC AND HE GETS IT RIGHT AWAY? WHAT IS THIS SHONEN PROTAG BULLSHIT?
>>
>>45271382
God provides for Fools and idiots.
>>
>>45271321
OHHHHH
>>45271322
SHIT SON.

>>45271382
He lost all of his friends but us. Our apprentice deserves a few good breaks.
>>
Speed plus Dodge roll, +4
>>
>>45271382
yes but unlike Oliver, he does not have all the ladies lusting for his penis.
And besides, he wanted magic? He got it. And now he fucking owes us.
>>
Rolled 10 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45271417
>>
>>45271382
He's probably just going to be significantly above average for an ordinary human in terms of raw potential. For the record, we're absurdly above the normal line, with even our worst aspects being above average.
>>
Rolled 14 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45271417
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45271417
>>
Rolled 16 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45271417
>>
>>45271417
>>45271464
Not quite bullet time.
>>
You hold up your hand.

“Hold very still, try not to move too much, and let me concentrate.”

Tobias nods.

“Of course.”

He grins, clearly excited, and you place your hand on his chest. You focus on the flow of energy, concentrating on pushing as much of your own power into him as you can. The book said to keep going until something gives, but you've got no real clue as to what that means, or who's going to notice it first, so you keep going until something changes.

“Hey, Oliver? I feel kinda fu-”

There's a sudden flash of light and Tobias' eyes begin to glow. He shakes a bit, mouth agape in what you can only assume is a silent scream, and wisps of white light begin to spread from his shoulders. For a brief moment they almost look like wings before they vanish, and Tobias slumps forwards slightly. He pants hard, clutching his knees.

“What... What was that...?”

He looks behind himself and gasps.

“O-Oliver... I... I've got wings...”

You don't see them, but then again, you can't see An-

You facepalm.

“Tobias, who are your parents?”

Tobias hesitates for a moment.

“W-Well, my mom lives by herself, and my dad is always on business trips so I've never actually met him, as far as I can remember... Why...?”

>I'm pretty sure you're part angel. And that this just awakened the power in your blood. So your dad isn't a businessman. He's an angel.
>Let's head down to the nurse's office, just you and me. We shall engage in gentlemanly conversation.
>Just wondering, no reason.
>Other (write-in)
>>
Why are we helping Tobias?
>>
>>45271417
Imposter! Fiend! There is no need for a Speed roll!

Ah, who cares. Not like it's meddling with the story. Can't even be mad.
>>
>>45271524
>>Let's head down to the nurse's office, just you and me. We shall engage in gentlemanly conversation.

>>45271536
Cause he's our friend.
>>
>>45271524
>Let's head down to the nurse's office, just you and me. We shall engage in gentlemanly conversation.

>>45271536
Because he's our friend.
>>
>>45271524
>>
>>45271524
>>I'm pretty sure you're part angel. And that this just awakened the power in your blood. So your dad isn't a businessman. He's an angel.
>>Let's head down to the nurse's office, just you and me. We shall engage in gentlemanly conversation.
ANGIIEEEEEEEE
>>
>>45271524
>>
You rise to your feet slowly.

“Let's head down to the nurse's office. Just you and me. We shall engage in gentlemanly things, like conversation.”

You turn to Catherine.

“You're in charge while I'm out. Athena? No staying up late, alright?”

Athena pouts and nods.

“Fiiiine.”

Catherine blushes softly.

“W-Wait, what? You're just... leaving me here in your room?”

You nod slightly.

“This is... pretty urgent. I'll be back in a little while, alright?”

Tobias stands carefully, as if trying to avoid hitting anything with his wings, and he follows you out of the room. As he passes through the doorway he suddenly snags on something, falling on his back and wincing.

“Pain...”

You help him up and he pats himself down.

“They've got a mind of their own, man...”

You turn and head for the nurse's office, Tobias at your side. He sighs quietly.

“So... What's up with these wings...? It's a good thing it's the weekend, no one is around to see...”

>Pretty sure you're part angel, man.
>All will be explained in a moment. First, we need to see the nurse.
>Other (write-in)
>>
File: Qo6l5pC.gif (896KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Qo6l5pC.gif
896KB, 500x750px
>>45271536
>You don't see them, but then again, you can't see An-
Happy now? Toby's a Nephilim. And we're his only friend.
>>
>>45271627
Angie's an angel of death, btw.
>>
>>45271627
>>
>>45271627
>All will be explained in a moment. First, we need to see the nurse.
>Who has some serious explaining to do. Seriously, if she knew this WHY didn't she tell me? Although there's also the possibility she wanted this to happen...*mumbling all the way to Angie*
>>
>>45271627
>>
>>45271627
>>
>>45271627
>>All will be explained in a moment. First, we need to see the nurse.
Angie is going to never stop laughing about this (I hope)
"I get it, two young men, experimenting, one discovers something about himself that he never expected... Oliver, I hope you intend to take responsibility, I know you have more experience than your friend here"
innuendo for days
>>
>>45271631
And if you hadn't meddled, he'd have had an ordinary life as a regular human dude, just doing regular human dude things.
>>
>>45271679
Definitely. Between this and Athena, she's never gonna let us hear the end of it.
>>
>>45271681
And he'd probably be miserable for that whole life too. Even if he's facing trouble now, it's better than a lifetime of despondency and mediocrity.
>>
I hope we get to touch fluffy wings...
>>
>>45271740
Black or white? Or both? I want both.
>>
Man, our favorite sex devil is going to be double-pissed when she finds out that kid we cock-blocked him from tempting was also part angel.
>>
“Well, I'm pretty sure that you're part angel, for a start. Whatever I just did, I think maybe it awakened something inside you. So now you've got wings.”

Tobias nods slowly, then pauses and stops walking.

“So my dad is...”

You nod.

“An angel, or part angel himself. Maybe he's always busy doing God's will or something, who knows.”

Tobias nods slightly, resuming his previous pace.

“That would explain the Christmas tree decorations... And why every Valentine's Day my mom would get a surprise box of chocolates with a white feather... I just always assumed that she really liked angel stuff, I didn't realize...”

You chuckle a bit.

“Dude. She really does like angel stuff.”

Tobias looks at you for a moment before bursting out laughing.

“Dude, gross! That's my mom you're talking about! Although now I get to show girls the light of heaven, so that's a plus. Hmm... What do you think of that as a nickname for my junk? The Sword of Heaven? Needs work...”

By the time you reach Angie's office Tobias is in good spirits again, making puns about angels and heaven. The instant you open her door, though, his expression changes to one of pure fear. Angie smiles at you from her desk, but Tobias looks like he's staring into darkest pit of despair.

“Hey there, boys. So, how can I help you? Seems like your friend has a few growths that need trimming.”

Tobias' legs give out and he slumps to the ground, trying to push himself away from Angie as she gets to her feet.

>Allow me to explain first. This is all my fault. I know it almost always is, but here me out.
>Angie, he can see your true form, would you mind not making him wet himself?
>Tobias, calm down, she's going to help us. Right, Angie?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45271838
>Allow me to explain first. This is all my fault. I know it almost always is, but here me out.
>>
>>45271838
>>
>>45271838
>Tobias, calm down, she's going to help us. Right, Angie?
>>
>>45271838
>>Angie, he can see your true form, would you mind not making him wet himself?
>>Tobias, calm down, she's going to help us. Right, Angie?
>>
>>45271827
Kinda glad we did. Don't need no fallen nephilim.

>>45271838
>>
>>45271838
>>
>>45271838
Tone down the terror, tall, dark and cute, he's new to Mr. Oliver's Wild Ride.
>>
>>45271878
>Don't need no fallen nephilim
But all nephilim are damned, just for existing. Much like homunculi.
Besides. Fallen on our side vs Fallen to hell are two totally different things.
>>
>>45271524
This is retarded
>>
>>45271934
I like it.
>>
“Angie, before you do anything else, let me explain. I was trying to help him use magic and followed the instructions in a book to push magic into him. Then all of a sudden he grew angel wings, and I think he's part angel. It's my fault for awakening his powers, and I'm sorry. But he can see your true form, so before anything else can you try not to make him wet himself?”

Angie walks past you towards Tobias and kneels down, patting him on the head.

“Daw, he's a cutie~ His wings are so puffy and adorable! Who's the cute little spawn of a messenger angel? Is it you? Yes it is! Who's doomed to walk the earth forever more, unable to truly die now that the spark of the divine is awake inside him? Is it you?”

Tobias' eyes go wide.

“W-Wait, what!?”

Angie chuckles.

“I'm kidding. You're no messenger, and you're not doomed. Though your wings are pretty cute. Now that you're not focused on my appearance, let's get to brass tacks. You're a child of the divine, and that means that you have the biggest kind of target on your back now. Wanna know why?”

Tobias swallows.

“W-Why...?”

Angie turns to you.

“Oliver, swear. Just say the f-word or whatever.”

>Fuck...?
>What is this going to prove...?
>Is he going to pull a sword of fire out of nowhere and try to smite me?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45271955
>random guy is part angel out of nowhere
It's pretty retarded.
>>
>>45271965
>Fuck...?
>>
>>45271965
>>Fuck...?
>>
>>45271965
>>Fuck...?
>>
>>45271965
>>Is he going to pull a sword of fire out of nowhere and try to smite me?
Then
>>Fuck...?
>>
>>45271965
>Fuck...?
>>
>>45271965
>...is he seriously one of those angels? Because he was making jokes about what to name his junk all the way here.
>>
>>45271980
>Guy in school for supernaturals and their descendants is a supernatural or supernatural descendant
>>
>>45272009
>everyone in the school is supernatural
You're retarded too apparently.
>>
>>45271980
>implying QM hasn't had notes prepped since day one of the quest.
>implying you forgot this is a MONSTER school, and that while there are normal students, like 40-45% of the population aren't human.
>>
>>45272020
that's not what he said, cunt, now stop pissing and moaning. QM isn't going to take it back so there isn't shit you can do about it.
>>
>>45272029
>implying this wasn't something pulled out of his ass
>implying it's not a shitty development
>implying it's not as random and out of left field as athena
>>
>>45271980
Theres this nice little shortcut called alt+f4

Do with that info what you will
>>
>>45272077
>He's the fuccboi that doesn't like Athena
This explains everything.
>>
>>45272065
Except it is, and I'm sorry for upsetting your hugbox.
>>
>>45271965
>>45272005
This
>>
>>45272077
Please listen to this anon.>>45272091
>>
>>45272095
Are you saying that Athena's creation wasn't out of nowhere? The only reason she was made was because it was a mystery box option.
>>
“Um. Fuck...?”

Tobias' eyes turn white and he clenches his fist, wisps of white flowing from it and forming into a sword. As the glow fades he stares at the sword, and Angie smirks.

“Thought so. Your dad used to punish the wicked, so you've got a bit of a spirited streak when it comes to people who need to be taken down a peg for their crimes. If you hone it, you can sense the wicked and detect sinners a mile away. But if you don't learn to control it, you'll find yourself with blood on your hands if someone steals or kills in front of you.”

The sword vanishes, and Tobias stares at his hands.

“I'm... part angel of justice or something...?”

Angie nods slightly.

“Sorta, yeah. The important thing is that you are officially the biggest threat to half the monsters in this school because of what you're capable of. Which means they'll snuff your divine light the moment they know what you are. And I can't protect you because you're not human. I can, however, train you.”

Angie turns to you.

“Mind if I take him off your hands for a while? I promise not to scuff the paint job, but I might run the engine pretty hot for a while.”

>Go right ahead. Tobias, have fun learning how to avoid being murdered in your sleep.
>Mind if I stick around? This could be interesting, and Tobias is my friend.
>I need him later, we were gonna hang out, so try not to keep him too long
>Other (write-in)
>>
Just stop replying at all, no matter what it says, and let it rage impotently. It's not that hard.
>>
>>45272133
>Go right ahead. Tobias, have fun learning how to avoid being murdered in your sleep.
>>Mind if I stick around? This could be interesting, and Tobias is my friend.
>>
>>45272133
Catherine is still in our room.
>>
>>45272133
>Mind if I stick around? This could be interesting, and Tobias is my friend.
>>
>>45272133
>Go right ahead. Tobias, have fun learning how to avoid being murdered in your sleep
>>
>>45272133
>>Go right ahead. Tobias, have fun learning how to avoid being murdered in your sleep.
>>
>>45272133
>>
>>45272133
>Eh, it's up to Tobias. I was just expecting to teach him the basics of elementalism tonight, but this is a whole new level. If he wants to know my fields, he's welcome to it.
>>
>>45272133
>>Mind if I stick around? This could be interesting, and Tobias is my friend.
>>
>>45272133
>>Go right ahead. Tobias, have fun learning how to avoid being murdered in your sleep.
>I need him later, we were gonna hang out, so try not to keep him too long
>>
So uh, is he gonna be our guardian angel friend or is he gonna fuck with us on a serious note because.....

I mean we have a demon
>>
>>45272174
>>45272157
>>45272149
We can't even see his wings, what are we gonna look at? We should get back to Catherin and Athena before mermaid.exe suffers a fatal logic error.
>>
>>45272270
He'd probably have gone at us already if that were the case. Though we probably should ever summer him/her around Toby
>>
“Go right ahead. It'll keep him safe, right? Tobias, have fun learning how to defend yourself. And how to fly, obviously.”

Tobias looks at you for a moment, his face lighting up.

“I... I can fly...”

He grins.

“I can fly!”

He springs to his feet and looks at his wings, making flapping motions with his arms.

“Come on, flap!”

Angie giggles softly.

“Oh, you are just a treat. Come along, Tobias. We have work to do.”

She leads him into her office, and he gives you a thumbs up before the door closes. You shrug a bit and head back to your room, trying to figure out what this changes. Tobias learning how to smite the wicked could come in handy, especially since he sees you as his only friend. You just need to hope that he learns to control his impulses so he doesn't blow his cover. That ring of Tellarie's sounds all the better now for when you become a vampire, so you don't have to worry so much about a fight with Tobias in the future.

When you get to your room you find Athena in her fort, staring at Catherine and pouting. Catherine is sitting next to the fort, quietly reading her book and smiling to herself. Athena perks up when she spots you and leaps out of the fort, running over to you.

“Daddy! She was being mean! She put me in time out!”

Catherine looks up from her book, and speaks in a stern but gentle tone.

“You were purposefully trying to annoy me, and your father put me in charge. You were put in time out to think about what you were doing and how it impacts others. I'm sure your father wouldn't like hearing about what you said to me earlier...”

Athena sticks her tongue out at Catherine and then turns to smile at you.

“My date is tonight, can you help me pick out something to wear?”

>Of course, sweetie
>I'd ask someone else, I don't know what Andrea likes
>Just be yourself
>Catherine, don't be mean to Athena. Athena, don't be mean to Catherine.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272270
But since it's a demon of lust, we don't actually commit any sins, just wreck relationships. Not the sort of thing heaven gets involved with.
>>
>>45272298
>Just be yourself
>>
>>45272298
>Just be yourself
>>
>>45272303
Saying "fuck" pissed him off
>>
>>45272298
>Avoid Fur, don't be slutty about it, and I'm sure it'll go just fine.
>>
>>45272298
>>Of course, sweetie
man we should get that ring...It would probably be simplest to fuck Tellarie for it.
>>
>>45272298
>Just be yourself
What'd she say to you, Catherine?
>>
>>45272298
>>Of course, sweetie
But not before you've served your full time-out sentence.

Gotta be stern with them sometimes.
>>
>>45272298
>Dad what wire do I cut?
>Just be yourself, Daughteru

Seriously,
>Of course, sweetie
>>
>>45272298
>Of course, sweetie
>>
>>45272326
No, it triggered his instincts. Different thing.
>>
>>45272364
Yes, so doing lust demon things will be worse.
>>
File: do it for me BTQM.jpg (109KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
do it for me BTQM.jpg
109KB, 780x585px
so when are we gonna make meliora feel like a real mother
>>
>>45272384
Never, playerbase seems to be predominantly Sammyfags.
>>
>>45272383
That's why he's learning to control it. And remember, Angie told us we aren't actually sinning when we do the shit Tellaire wants.

>>45272384
After the onnahole gets delivered.
>>
>>45272399
We'll never make grant her wish to make her flesh & bone
>>
>>45272399
I'm all for Catherine at this stage.
>>
>>45272421
I honestly feel like we're obligated to pursue Sammy and Catherine at this point and have no intentions of going beyond that romantically but we probably will.
>>
>>45272419
We can at least give her a bone.
>>
>>45272421
>>45272441
Our daughter wants us to go for all of them, so I'm down for it.
>>
>>45272412
Except he can't control it now, and saying fuck isn't a sin either.
>>
>>45272455
Yeah, going for all is also a nice goal. But if it comes to a single choice, I'm rooting for Catherine.
>>
You shrug a bit.

“Just be yourself. If Andrea can't like you for that, she doesn't deserve you.”

Athena nods slightly.

“I see... Hmm...”

She switches to her older body, adjusting the fit of her jumpsuit and heading to Meliora's dresser.

“Schoolgirl outfit time...”

Catherine pauses for a moment and looks at Athena, then at you.

“Do I want to know...?”

You shrug slightly and sit on the floor.

“Not a clue, really. Maybe you do. But I wouldn't assume that.”

Athena grabs a few things from the drawers and heads for the bathroom.

“So... if she's going on a date then I need to leave... O-Otherwise we'll be all alone, and I... um... Yeah...”

>Yeah, that's probably wise. I guess I'll see you around?
>I won't bite. I mean, if you ask for it then yeah, I'll bite all you want, but...
>I promise to keep my hands to myself, if that helps.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272455
>following a child's opinion
She's going to grow up and realize what that entails.
>>
>>45272473
>>
>>45272473
>>
>>45272473
>I won't bite. I mean, if you ask for it then yeah, I'll bite all you want, but...
>>
>>45272473
>>I promise to keep my hands to myself, if that helps
Whatever makes you fell comfortable. We could get soemthing to eat at the cafateria if you dont want to go back to your room.
>>
>>45272473
>>I promise to keep my hands to myself, if that helps.
>>
>>45272473
>>
>>45272455
I'm waiting for the day either Andrea, Athena or both confess their love for us. I'll be waiting with popcorn for that. The heartbreak and drama will truly bring these threads to a whole new salt level.

>>45272473
Page 9 as well.
>>
>>45272441
I don't see how we're obligated to either of them. I'm a Jennyfag though so my opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>45272473
>Other (write-in) What did you and Athena talk about?
>>
>>45272473
>>
>>45272473
>oh no stay right there, just let me get my Hefty trash bags-

Seriously girl, you probably watch to many date rape shows or hear too many stories relating to it
>>
>>45272523
How dare you have an opinion that differs from the majority. You monster.
>>
>>45272523
Sammy because it would absolutely crush her heart more than pretty much any other potential waifu at this point and that's terrible.
Catherine because she has problems connecting to anyone else and is alone otherwise.
>>
>>45272517
>Page 9 as well.
Doesn't matter a whole lot, chances are the session is going to end in the next 30 minutes and the thread has more than enough time for that.
>>
>>45272523
I support your opinion.

>>45272540
So? Why sacrifice our own choices for someone else? That's not how you get a healthy relationship.
>>
>>45272540
I think Catherine needs an actual friend more than anything else. She can't handle hugs and she tears up at the slightest teasing.
>>
>>45272535
I'm gonna say this but because most of the anons are sammyfags there really isn't a chance to do anything pertaining the other choices
>>
>>45272535
This playerbase has already shown it doesn't like people with different opinions, although I guess that's true of most.
>>
>>45272564
I'm saying what I feel. In-character, justifying pursuing Sammy is also easier than anyone else for me.
>>
“I promise to keep my hands to myself, if that helps.”

Catherine shakes her head.

“I-I really have to go... I'm sorry, I just... M-Mermaid things...”

She gets up and heads for the door without looking back, leaving you feeling a little put off. You can't exactly blame her though. Mermaids are supposed to be incredibly shy, and she's been spending time with you, Sammy and Tobias for two days straight. She probably needs time to herself to cool down. Athena emerges from the bathroom and does a little twirl.

“When monsters attack the city, the citizens cry out in fear! And who answers the call? Watch out, evildoers, Athena is here!”

The edges of her skirt glow, along with the wrists of her jacket, and her outfit turns pink and white, with a ribbon appearing from nowhere and forming a bow in her hair. She smiles at you.

“I'm off to my date! Wish me luck!”

She hugs you tightly.

>I'll walk you there if you want.
>Have fun, sweetie.
>Send her on her way, then discretely follow her
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272540
Jenny doesn't have much of a heart left to crush though, and that's worse. Plus Sammy can get over it.
>>
>>45272535
Every time we voted to push the relationship towards jennifer, your vote count would double over the next couple votes in order to push her away. There's definitely something sketchy going on.
>>
>>45272585
Fair.

>>45272625
Also fair.
>>
>>45272611
>>I'll walk you there if you want.
>>
>>45272611
>>
>>45272611
>Then I get to give my stereotypical 'I will pour the ashes into a vat of acid' tough dad speech.
>>
>>45272625
Lurkers are vile creatures.
>>
>>45272611
>>Have fun, sweetie.
Take the Ball to The Steve. Or talk to a werewolf about the Cabin in the Woods.
>>
>>45272611
>>Have fun, sweetie.
>>
>>45272625
Not to mention sammy is kinda boring and has proved to be problematic at times.
>>
>>45272611
>>
>>45272619
We're not playing tragedy poker here, and Jennifer would have an easier time getting over it. She doesn't seem to be as heavily attached as Sammy is, and she's more capable of dealing with it.

>>45272625
>your vote count would double
What does that even mean in this context? It's always been first to three.
>>
I hate the late night crowd
>>
>>45272673
>She doesn't seem to be as heavily attached as Sammy is
You really didn't read the scenes with Jennifer fairly. She's shown far more affection for Oliver, you're just looking at it through your own bias.
>>
>>45272689
You read into them too heavily and saw more affection than their was, you're just looking at it through your own bias

Opinions are inherently biased, you stupid bint.
>>
“I can walk you there if you want me to.”

Athena rolls her eyes.

“I'll be fine on my own. It's not like monsters are going to jump out at me. Monsters that I can't gut with swords made from my own blood and bone or shoot in the head. I can handle myself, dad.”

She pats you on the head and blinks, before smiling and rubbing the top of your head.

“Fluffy. I promise to stay out of trouble.”

She kisses you on the cheek and gives you another hug before running out the door, leaving you standing here for a moment trying to piece together what to do with your evening.

>Follow her
>More magic stuff, time for research
>Roam the school with your hall monitor badge, check the teacher's lounge out
>Try to find Jennifer and sort out this detention thing
>Text Sammy, see how she's doing
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272619
I agree. If we turn down Jennifer, she's going to be even more crushed. Sammy had her whole pack spoiling her, except her mom.
Jenny was just surrounded by enemies her whole life.
>>
>>45272705
>>>Text Sammy, see how she's doing
>>
>>45272705
>>Other (write-in)
Take the evil twin orb to The Steve. maybe get some more itemtraining from the dwarf
>>
>>45272705
>Roam the school with your hall monitor badge, check the teacher's lounge out
>>
>>45272705
>>Roam the school with your hall monitor badge, check the teacher's lounge out
>>
>>45272700
>bint
I'm not surprised its a britbong with bad taste.
>>
>>45272705
>>
>>45272705
>Roam the school with your Hall monitor badge.
>>
>>45272705
>>
>>45272732
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with my cup of tea...
>>
>>45272705
>>Roam the school with your hall monitor badge, check the teacher's lounge out
>Try to find Jennifer and sort out this detention thing
We can do both of these.
>>
>>45272743
'Avin' you a cuppa then, Guv?
>>
>>45272743
Except you of course.
>>
You decide to put your faith in Athena and grab your badge to explore the school. With any luck you can find some secrets worth exploring, or at the very least avoid trouble while you pass the time. The teacher's lounge might be worth checking out, and you can think of a few other places to try to gain entry to, like the record's room.

-

>>
File: we law enforcement now.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
we law enforcement now.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Lets do this shit.
>>
>>45272743
QM, you're an American now, just accept it. Best parts of England, with none of the terrible taste >>45272700
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

Sleuthin'
>>
>>45272759
Yep. And for the record, I support Aston Villa, because I crave disappointment in my life.
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45272763
>>
Rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45272763
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45272763
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45272763
>>
>>45272709
Pretty sure we've either got to go for both or we'll wind up destroying Jennifer even more.
>>
>>45272801
I'm fine with that.
>>
>>45272801
Mother/daughter threesome, please no, its too much.
>>
>>45272785
>>45272788
>>45272789
We find everything but that one lost sock. Needed a crit for that sadly.
>>
You locate a few areas that require the badge to enter and note them down in your phone, making a list for yourself to keep track of before investigating any particular location. With the badge you can access the teacher's lounge, the record room, the teacher's dormitory and the supply closets. A quick poke around in the closets informs you that you can get ahold of pretty much any school supplies you might need, plus things like snack bars, juice boxes and water bottles.

>Enter the lounge, see if any teachers are around to talk to
>Clearly investigating the record room takes priority
>Checking out the teacher's dorms and seeing where they sleep might be useful
>Can anybody say “raid the supply closet”? Because I can.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272825
It's great, irl.

>>45272837
>>
>>45272837
>>
>>45272837
>>Can anybody say “raid the supply closet”? Because I can.
>>
>>45272837
>>
>>45272837
>>
>>45272837
>Can anybody say “raid the supply closet”? Because I can.
Seems like a smart, non-trap option.
>>
>now we'll never obtain a bag of delicious [insert candy here to make you realize you made a huge mistake]
>>
>>45272908
We still haven't looked at our student file.
>>
>>45272928
yeah, and we also wont get a bag of your favorite snack either

We all lose.
>>
You head for the record room and open the door. At long last, it's time to check your student file. You close the door, take a moment to make sure no one is coming, and check through the filing cabinets. You locate your file in section A, which you assume is for human students since most of the last names remind you of business tycoons and famous people, and you open it up. It's a biography, almost, and much thicker than the other folders. You skim through it and find a full list of every place you've lived, biographies for both your parents, and a detailed list of what you were believed to be capable of before you came to school. And any teacher could just walk in here and take a look. Heck, anyone with the right badge could know who you are and who your parents were.

You put the file back and set everything back the way that it was before calmly walking out of the room, trying not to freak out. The faculty know all about you. Admittedly you can't really envision a scenario where they wouldn't have done their homework before accepting you, but still. It makes you wonder if they were given an orientation on their students before the semester began to prepare themselves. Maybe you caught them off guard. Jennifer probably doesn't know what's in your files if she's a recent addition, though she is the diligent sort.

>Lounge time
>Dorm time
>Closet time
>Head back to your room
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45272968
>Closet time
>>
>>45272968
>Closet time
>>
>>45272968
>Closet time
Snacks now.
>>
>>45272968
>>Head back to your room
See what meliora is up to
>>
>>45272968
>Closet time
Is 4chan wigging out for anyone else?
>>
Luck roll
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45273000
Sour gummy worms
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45273000
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45273000
Rolling for Gobstoppers..that aren't cursed
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45272968
>Jennifer probably doesn't know what's in your files
QM, Jennifer knows all of that and more. Though she probably doesn't remember it right now.

>>45273000
>>
>>45273000
>>
Wait, who did it say our mother was?
>>
You decide to head for the supply closet next to see what you can scrounge up, and you're not disappointed. After rummaging around a bit you find a box of cookies and a packet of M&Ms, along with some cans of soda. As you take the cookies another box appears to replace it, and you can't help wondering what sort of powerful magic someone had to work to create an endless supply of snack food and copier paper for the staff. You crack open a soda and take a sip, helping yourself to a cookie and mulling over the rest of your day. You could load up on junk food for lunch, or having some actual food.

>Cafeteria time, maybe see who else is out and about
>Who needs a proper meal when there's cookies to be had?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273067
>>
>>45273067
>>
>>45273067
>>
>>45273067
>>
>>45273067
>Who needs a proper meal when there's cookies to be had?
Is the torture involved in becoming a teacher worth the unlimited cookies?
>>
With your stomach protesting, you finish your soda and head for the cafeteria to get some lunch. You spot a few people, but mostly it's people you don't know or haven't actually spoken with at all. You get yourself something to eat and spot Jennifer in the hallway as you turn to look for a table. She's walking with purpose towards the science wing, looking rather unimpressed about something. You consider the steak that you put on your plate for a moment.

>It's probably nothing. Steak time.
>There's more where this came from. Chase after her.
>Follow along, but don't abandon the steak. Steak it, after all, good.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273103
Maybe after mom & dad are back from the dead.
>>
>>45273138
>>
>>45273138
>>
>>45273138
>>
>>45273138
>>Follow along, but don't abandon the steak. Steak it, after all, good.
>>
>>45273138
>>It's probably nothing. Steak time.
>>
>>45273138
Fenright did something
>>
>>45273138
Steak on wheels.
>>
>>45273169
Nothing to be concerned about, then.
>>
You sit down and sigh. It's probably nothing, and you can't exactly run to her aid if it's something big when she doesn't even remember who you are. You try to enjoy your meal and relax. It's been a long day so far, and it's good to finally have a moment to kick back and let out the stress you've had building up. You smile to yourself, sipping your drink. For a few beautiful minutes, life is grea-

“Oliver Spencer, please report to Professor Fenright's office imediately.”

The voice over the PA system is dull and droning, and all the students look surprised, like they've never heard it before. You look at your mostly-eaten steak and sigh softly.

>Ignore the voice, it'll go away
>Head to see Fenright
>Go to your room and wait this out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273226
...anon. It absolutely is.
>>
>>45273228
>>Go to your room and wait this out
>>
>>45273228
>Head to see Fenright
>>
>>45273228
>Head to see Fenright
>>
>>45273228
>Go to your room and wait this out
>>
>>45273151
>>45273153
>>45273167
Why even pick the "do nothing" option
>>
>>45273228
>>Head to see Fenright
>>
>>45273228
>Head to see Fenright
Told ya.
>>
>>45273228
>>Go to your room and wait this out
>>
>>45273228
>Head to see Fenright
>>
>>45273263
Because I don't want the fugging plot hook
>>
>>45273293
Then stop shitting up our quest and leave.
>I'm gonna play this game just to keep everyone else from playing.
>>
>>45273314
Stop shitting up my quest by voting for plot hooks I don't want, faggot.
>>
>>45273314
Fuck you, I didn't wan
>>
>>45273228
Could you stop with this?

The constant "Have a vote, have the exact same vote in a slightly different context two minutes later because I want you to do the thing, but it only needs to win once" thing is getting fucking annoying.
>>
>>45273355
Nah, there's shit going on in the background besides what we do. Sorry it doesn't fit your notions of what a quest is, but it's how BTQM does it. If you don't like it, leave.
>>
>>45273372
I'm sorry, was my comment fucking directed at anon, or at the QM? Your post doesn't matter to me, you're nothing.
>>
>>45273355
Sure, I'll just make all the "ignore the problem, it'll go away" options always make the problems go away. That solves everything.

Sometimes ignoring things will work, like it has in the past. Sometimes being proactive and nipping things in the bud will work better. The choice not to follow her and letting her reach her destination uninterrupted has yielded a different result than following her and stopping her, the choice has meaning, but playing ostrich won't always get you want you want.
>>
>>45273408
Ignore him, QM. I think this works well.
>>
>>45273355
>>45273380
Are you the QM? You don't run the quest, you don't tell the QM how to run his quest. YOU are nothing.
>>
>>45273424
Why can't we all just get along?

>>45273415
I'm just trying to have the world react to the choices the character makes is all.
>>
>>45273440
>Simulationist quest
Literally cancer
>>
>>45273445
hold down your alt key and push f4. That'll fix it for you.
>>
>>45273440
Sorry, just bugs me people hate voting.
>>
You get up, brush yourself off, and head for Fenright's office. You've never actually been there before, so it takes you a moment to locate it, but you eventually track it down. Jennifer is sitting in one of the chairs looking irritated, and Fenright is behind his desk smiling.

“Hey there, Oliver. Come on in. And close the door please.”

You glance at Jennifer and give her a nod before closing the door and sitting down.

“What's the matter, professor?”

Fenright clears his throat.

“Well, it's come to my attention that-”

Jennifer clears her throat.

“It has come to our attention that there is a problem. And that problem is you.”

Fenright chuckles and holds his hands up.

“Woah now, let's take this from the top. I know that you're upset, but-”

Jennifer glares at him.

“Upset doesn't begin to cover it, Fenright.”

Fenright sighs softly.

“Oliver, she remembers things. Not everything, not even close, but she's piecing things together based on what she can remember. And the big, gaping hole in her memory is how she worked up the courage to break away from Patrick. She puzzled out a few things based on what Sammy told her the other day, and...”

Jennifer turns to you.

“Fenright told me that they won't wipe my memories any further unless it interferes with my job, so be careful what you tell me next. I want to know who you are to me. I want to know what's really going on.”

>I can't tell you that. It'll interfere with things. I promised you I would keep you safe.
>Fine then. You're in love with me. I saved you from Patrick and got you this job to keep you safe while I figure things out. It's complicated and painful and I hate that someone I trust and care about can't remember why.
>I'll tell you what I can. We're close, I helped you get away from Patrick, and helped you get this job. Anything more would mess things up.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273472
>I can't tell you that. It'll interfere with things. I promised you I would keep you safe.
>>
>>45273472
>I'll tell you what I can. We're close, I helped you get away from Patrick, and helped you get this job. Anything more would mess things up.
>>
>>45273472
>>
>>45273472
>>I can't tell you that. It'll interfere with things. I promised you I would keep you safe.
>>
>>45273472
>>
>>45273472
>>I'll tell you what I can. We're close, I helped you get away from Patrick, and helped you get this job. Anything more would mess things up.
>>
>>45273478
>>45273488
>>45273489
Can we add on that she chose this course of action of her own free will and that it is temporary?
>>
>>45273530
I don't want to
>>
>>45273530
No.
>>
>>45273472
>>45273530
Do it.
>>
>>45273530
Would including that result in more or less of this plot hook? I vote for whichever is less.
>>
>>45273472
>>45273530
Supporting
>>
“I can't tell you anything. Even a single piece of information could bring it all down like a house of cards. I won't take that risk after promising to keep you safe.”

Jennifer blinks.

“Promising to...”

She stands up and glares at you.

“Do you realize how painful it is to know there's something I've forgotten, something important enough that if I knew it, it would shake my whole world? Can you comprehend that?”

You take a deep breath.

“You were never supposed to work it out. You were supposed to be blissfully ignorant so you wouldn't have to get hurt. And when the time came, when I finished my end of things, you'd get your memories back.”

Fenright scoots his chair back.

“Oliver, you better be careful...”

Jennifer's collar sparks a bit, the crystal glowing, and she winces, clutching at it. Jennifer pants as she falls back into her seat, glaring at you all the while.

“I hate you so much right now...”

>If that's all you needed me for, I'm out. There's nothing more I can do here.
>I'm sorry. If I could tell you, I would. This hurts me too, y'know.
>If it's any consolation, you were the one who chose to do this.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273530
Should've voted for it instead of trying to tag it onto mine, gag
>>
>>45273574
>>I'm sorry. If I could tell you, I would. This hurts me too, y'know.
>>
>>45273574
>>If that's all you needed me for, I'm out. There's nothing more I can do here.
>>
>>45273574
>>
>>45273574
>>
>>45273574
>>
>>45273574
>>
>>45273588
>>45273605
>>45273612
Evidently it doesn't hurt us that much
>>
>>45273575
Yeah, sorry I'm not f5'in the fuck outta this thread exclusive to all else . Not like write in ever really work with the first two three rule in play
>>
>>45273582
>>45273599
>>45273606
Won, so it does.

>>45273626
>>
>>45273629
Don't care about your bitch problems
>>
>>45273635
The quest uses anons as Oliver's psyche, so he only gives half of a shit. 50% and whatnot
>>
>>45273644
As I was just reminded, first to three wins.
>>
>>45273650
Yes, it won, so it is the option that won, in that it is what Oliver says. What he feels is determined by anons as a whole.
>>
>>45273644
>The quest uses anons as Oliver's psyche
I don't know where you're getting that from. QM never said that.
>>
>>45273663
Except he literally did. Several times.
>>
You nod slightly.

“I know. And I'm sorry. If I could tell you without ruining everything then I would. This hurts me too, seeing you like this...”

Fenright chuckles quietly.

“Eh-heh... Guys, um... Not to raise the alarm or anything, but you're really skirting the ragged edge of disaster here...”

Jennifer looks at you for a few long moments before releasing the collar.

“I see. I think I get it now.”

She stands slowly.

“Your detention for tomorrow... Consider it waived, I won't put it on your record. And your friend, as well. But I'd like to see you tomorrow after school regardless, once I've had some time to think about all this.”

She glances at Fenright.

“If you so much as hint at what transpired in this office to anyone...”

Fenright rolls his eyes and grins.

“No worries there. Why would I? It's not like I get anything out of it.”

Jennifer nods and walks out of the room, and Fenright sighs, sinking into his chair.

“Alright... Don't go to her office tomorrow. Please. She's probably going to try to come up with a clever way to learn everything from you without it ruining everything, and, spoiler warning, there isn't one. The dean doesn't invade people's minds and read them or anything, but if she suddenly starts paying you special attention then she'll get her mind wiped again in no time. And no one has that good of a poker face.”

>She does. I've seen it. She's pretty good. If anyone besides Angie can pull it off, it's her.
>Gotcha. I solemnly swear not to go to her office tomorrow.
>I won't tell her anything else, but I'm going to go see her.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45273672
Where? I've read the archive several times. Anon says that, QM hasn't.

>>45273679
>>She does. I've seen it. She's pretty good. If anyone besides Angie can pull it off, it's her.
>>
>>45273679
>>
>>45273672
It's true. Oliver's thoughts are an aggregate of the opinions of the anons in the thread. Assuming there are no trolls around or people just being mean-spirited, of course. But who would do such a thing?
>>
>>45273679
>>
>>45273679
>She does. I've seen it. She's pretty good. If anyone besides Angie can pull it off, it's her.
>>
>>45273679
>>
>>45273679

>>45273687
Read better.

>>45273692
Confirmed yet again.
>>
>>45273692
>Assuming there are no trolls
If only we hadn't already had evidence that people are intentionally voting away from things just for spite.
>>
>>45273720
I know, right?
>>
>>45273720
I don't like Jennifer or anything about Jennifer and resent that a plot hook that could reintroduce Jennifer as a meaningful character has come up so soon after I managed to get rid of her. I'm not trying to hide this.
>>
“Actually, she does. I've seen it for myself. If anyone in this school can pull it off, aside from Angie, it's her. She could keep that secret.”

Fenright sighs and hangs his head.

“Just... do whatever you're going to do. But if it goes wrong, then...”

You nod a bit.

“Then I only have myself to blame for doing something dumb, I know. Just like with Athena. But if I do decide to do something dumb, I'll do exactly what I did last time and find a way to make it work.”

Fenright nods slightly.

“Well... Go on then, get out of here... I'm gonna start on some paperwork in case this all goes to hell tomorrow...”

>See ya, Fenright.
>By the by, Athena is on a date. With another girl. Right now.
>What sort of paperwork? Anything I can help with? I wanna do what I can.
>Other (write-in)
>>
File: 1d1.jpg (4KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.jpg
4KB, 165x115px
>>45273736
>>
>>45273751
>See ya, Fenright.
>>
>>45273751
>See ya, Fenright.
>>
>>45273751
>>See ya, Fenright.
>>
>>45273751
>See ya, Fenright.
>>
>>45273736
>so soon after I managed to get rid of her.
Do you admit to voting multiple times to get your way or are you just taking credit for other people's doings to feel like a big boy?
Settle the fuck down dude, you don't run this show.
>>
>>45273755
She's kinda bad tho
>>
>>45273768
No, I just noticed that people get butthurt if you use "we" for some stupid reason.
>>
“Alright then. See ya around.”

Fenright gives a half-wave and you walk out of his office, heading back to your room. A step in the right direction, perhaps. Or another way for things to blow up in your face. You're not quite sure which it's going to be, but either way it's going to be a fun day tomorrow.

-

And with that, I'm gonna wrap up for the night. Have a nice night, anons, and rest well.
>>
>>45273769
She's better than Sammy. though both are sorta meh. Angie is still best girl
>>
>>45273779
Next time a thread hits 500+ posts, you should probably make a new one even if it's not about to die because they start getting glitchy, refuse to refresh and become impossible to post on on a phone due to input lag.
>>
>>45273788
What's wrong with Sammy?
>>
>>45273779
Thanks for running!
>>
>>45273816
Boring, jealous, petty, and not the sort of personality that will be okay with oliver becoming a vampire and bringing his parents back from the dead.

She's nice enough, If Oliver wanted a dull, cog-in-the-wheel type life, she'd be great to settle for, but she's quicksand, man.
>>
>>45273816
>>45273905
Not to mention when she loses her temper Oliver almost dies. (has happened twice, and while yes, they were sorta Oliver's fault, that doesn't excuse her clawing him half to death)
>>
>>45273905
>Boring
Opinion, I think she's cute and affectionate.

>Jealous
That's not surprising with her upbringing and how Jennifer kept fucking with her, to be honest, and she's getting it under control.

>petty
Haven't seen that.

>not the sort of personality that will be okay with oliver becoming a vampire and bringing his parents back from the dead.
Speculation without elaboration, if anything it seems to me like she'd be okay with it because it's still Oliver and she trusts him.

>>45273924
That's my fetish.
>>
>>45273939
>That's my fetish.
Ah, I see now, you're just a terrible person.
>>
>>45273924
Forgiveness means forgiven, not continuing to hold it against her
>>
>>45273953
I like being severely wounded by my wolfus. What can I say.

But no seriously, I don't treat pain like a normal person, that wouldn't bug me IRL, though it's not a sex thing, so it doesn't really occur to me that it's bothersome in quests, especially since she was pretty much insane when that happened, making it extremely hard for me to hold it against her. And we're going to fix the crazy.

>>45273965
Also this.
>>
File: png;base6435dba969a55f122.png (44KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
png;base6435dba969a55f122.png
44KB, 500x365px
>>45273965
I didn't vote to forgive her, not after the second time. And since we're all part of Oliver's psyche, he hasn't completely either.
>>
>>45273905
>Having actual negative character traits instead of being a ball of positive character traits and therefore closer to a real person
>In any way bad
I'm sorry that I can't fall head over heels for an overadvertised anime stereotype anon
>>
>>45273990
Good for you.
>>
>>45273990
>Sammy makes a sudden movement
>Oliver flinches
Crushing.
>>
>>45273990
Forgave her enough to sleep comfortably while cuddled up next to her, to be fair
>>
>>45273976
>so it doesn't really occur to me that it's bothersome in quests
Perhaps you should work on roleplaying as someone other than yourself, then?
>>
>>45273996
>overadvertised anime stereotype
So you settle for mediocrity instead? Sounds pitiful.
>>
>>45274109
There's a bit more of a mental disconnect than that, and she's already forgiven, so whatever.
>>
>>45274109
I settle for the only character that feels like a person instead of a trope.
>>
>>45274127
Meant to reply to >>45274077, sorry.

I am pretty damn tired at this point and falling asleep at the desk.
>>
>>45274127
Forgiven, but it's not forgotten. Just like she almost attacked us again at the restaurant. She was wolfing out there. Can't be completely trusted.
>>
>>45274160
She stayed in control of herself there, though. Almost lost it, but didn't. Improvement.
>>
>>45274137
Sammy feels like a trope to me. Stereotypical broken-wing high school girl x screwed up werewolf. The only one we've got who doesn't fit x slot is Mel, because she's aware of the tropes that her personality was built around, and can intentionally act outside them.
>>
>>45274192
Except she's fallen right into the tsundere trope.
>>
>>45274137
No, I think you're just fulfilling your high school fantasy of rescuing a girls and having her fall totally in love with you. It's even less realistic than Catherine or Mel's approach to relationships.
>>
>>45274236
Different anon, but they're all ridiculous, and I have to say that I don't agree with your assessment of order. I'd say that Catherine and Mel are tied for most ridiculous, then Jennifer and Sammy tied for least ridiculous, in that they both contain believable elements which are executed in an extremely rushed and amateurish way. That accusation rings especially hollow since Catherine is just an even less difficult, much faster instance of rescuing a girl and having her fall totally in love with you.

To be honest, romance in general is ridiculous in this quest and I'm starting to want to avoid it regardless of which girl it's attached to.
>>
>>45274192
Her backstory has elements of the former, but that's it. She doesn't really act too much like the depictions of the trope I'm familiar with, and "screwed up werewolf" is not it's own trope, nor does she behave like any of the reluctant monster tropes I can recall of the top of my head, short of brief windows post-maulings.
>>
>>45274314
She could be cut & pasted out of any number of juvenile girl's fiction novels.

Don't ask why I read those, it's work-related.
>>
>>45274288
I agree with you that the romance is rather absurd. I was hoping that QM would use Athena as an opportunity to ease off on the waifuism. I think that this may be a waifu quest in disguise, and if it is, then we need to step up the seduction factor on everyone.
>>
>>45274382
Copy-pasted out of a novel written by (presumably) a professional still seems like a step up from being a sapient trope, to be honest.

>>45274417
It probably is. Not like we've needed to shadowrun for like, what, six threads?

Let's just seduce everyone, fuck it. As long as the girls I like get in and we're nice to all of them and still do cutesy shit, the girls I'm neutral to or dislike can get in too. Then everyone's happy.

Mostly unrelated, but I've had the idea that each waifu corresponds to a sin, except for envy which would have two, to mimic the demon brides of dracula accidentally-on-purpose. For example, Angie is definitely Sloth, and Sammy is definitely one of the envies. I might've posted this once before.
Thread posts: 732
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.