[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos Warband Creation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 20

File: images.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
I got bored /tg/, let's roll a warband.

Somebody roll a d100 for our chaos Allegiance
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>45234434
C'mon Slaanesh
>>
Nope Nurgle, now d100 for frequency of our blessings from de gods
>>
File: 1432793128849.jpg (511KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1432793128849.jpg
511KB, 1280x960px
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>45234479
I CAN FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
>>
>>45234516
Alright, moderate:The warband regularly has individuals within the warband capable of garnering the gods attention

Good, alright Nother d100 for common blessings
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>45234550
Bless pls
>>
>>45234879
Blessed with shitty cosmetic mutations which have no effect. Thanks Nurgle, just what I always wanted...
>>
Commonly aesthetic blessings

Nurgle?Moderate?Aesthetic? I'm thinking EXTREME pizza face and LOTS of boils

Noice, d100 for headquarters boyos
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>45234974
Boat time
>>
>>45235028
Boats indeed! Fleet based Nurgle pirates, and LOTS of useless cosmetic mutations

D100 for our structure
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>45235091
Fuck cultists
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>45235091
>>
Ok, companies worth of marines but still a fair number of cultists

D100 for our recruiting methods
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>45235190
PROMOTIONS!
>>
>>45235209
Excellent. Marines abandoned by the Imperium find a safe harbor in the embrace of Papa Nurgle
>>
>>45235232
Indeed, harbors fleeing traitors into papa Nurgle arms

D10 for put tactics, I hope sorcerery
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>45235254
Sorcery is for fags desu
>>
Drop pods and dread claws dripping with warp AIDs!

d100 for our legendary champion
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>45235328
That ain't typhus
>>
>>45235360
Wow... a chosen... probably still our shitty leader... this is an interesting warband so far

D10, what was his deed foe nurgle?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>45235399
He sat on his ass despairing and rotting, like Nurgle would want.
>>
>>45235447
Just about, renowned for defeating the Imperiums forces several times... lazy dick... just as nurgle wanted

Ok that's all the tables... fluff time boys, unless I pull for chaos marine tables
>>
Yea, we will now roll for the specifics of the marines in the warband.

First roll, legion warband or renegade chapter D10 roll
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>45235545
I'll opt for Renegade
>>
>>45235567
Good roll, we are what's left of out renegade chapter, probably the 1st company

Reason for fall d100
>>
Do the csm still use the 6th ed codex, or do they use the khorne otherkin codex?
>>
>>45235644
If you want CSM in flavors other than Khorne then yeah, still using 6th.
>>
>>45235644
I'd say 6ed, mainly because I don't have the Khorne other kin stuff
>>
And they are nurgelites.
Still need that d100 for the fall reasom
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>45235696
Probably forgot something
>>
>>45235710
Major mutation in the Gene seed, agents sent to take us out, probably succeeded up to the 1st company who stomped them promptly, and then broke our bonds

Progenitor d100, as a Chapter it'll be from loyalists
>>
>>45234516
that fucking champion always gets me

>NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTILL I PUT ON THE MASK
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>45235743
>worry
>>
>>45235833
It's the space Mongolians! White scars gene seed

We are skipping beliefs table obviously except for the last one.

Form of beliefs, roll d100
>>
>>45235865
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>45235865
Horus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>45235910
Nope, we got 'Accept any and All', thieves whores traitors and scum are all welcome in our band. Mutants beast men and all comers!

D10 for the warband demeanour
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>45235957
Sad nurgles
>>
>>45236082
Exploit and conquer, warband views all others as mere pawns (irony, anyone can join, but your all our slaves), we are selfish and untrustworthy

D10 for our common fanatical mental flaws boyos
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>45236127
Who needs sanity when you have Nurgle?
>>
>>45236163
Hilarious, before we go on, let me recap our current warband

Devoted to Nurgle who blesses more than a few with his own boils, zits and other tumours. We are fleet based pirates who have about a companies worth of marines and a fair amount of cultists, pirates and other scum. We recruit from fellow imperial renegades. We use plauge drop pods and dreadclaws, our champion/leader is a damn lazy chosen as Nurgle would want. We started as a renegade chapter, driven away by our own allies who destroyed all but the 1st company who stomped them and went rouge all because of a gene seed mutation. We love papa Nurgle ,offer ALL who wish to join places, but we consider them slaves and tools. And we are INSANE

d100 fot special equipment
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>45236344
Spiky bits
>>
>>45236372
Unique Daemon engines... defilers of Nurgle and other fun Nurgle engines! Our drop pods are now Daemon engines that can walk

Skipping status, d100 for allies
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>45236435
>>
>>45236460
Boyos, um... FAILBADDON THE HARMLESS is our ally, so... that's a thing

D100 for enemies
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>45236504
Bam
>>
>>45236519
A specific inquisition force/Agent. Makes sense

That's ALL the tables. I will now again summarize our full warband before we expand the fluff
>>
Devoted to Nurgle who blesses more than a few with his own boils, zits and other tumours. We are fleet based pirates who have about a companies worth of marines and a fair amount of cultists, pirates and other scum. We recruit from fellow imperial renegades. We use plauge drop pods and dreadclaws, our champion/leader is a damn lazy chosen as Nurgle would want. We started as a renegade chapter, driven away by our own allies who destroyed all but the 1st company who stomped them and went rouge all because of a gene seed mutation. We love papa Nurgle ,offer ALL who wish to join places, but we consider them slaves and tools. And we are INSANE.

We have very special drop pods, in that they are Daemon engines who can walk after landing and assist their master (cause FUCK cannon this sounds cool). Thanks to our insanity, as well as the fact our leader believes failbaddon is the ultimate follower of Nurgle, seeing as he has done NOTHING in 10,000 years of note, and has kept it all mice and stagnant. The one proactive thing our crazy asses have done is vow vengeance on the inquisitor (nameless) who led the attack on their Chapter and is still alive.

Now, let's expand. Name ideas? Or any expansion on fluff?
>>
>>45236733
>mice and stagnant.
>>
>>45236733
Spores of Madness?
I'd imagine that they make heavy use of cybernetics, what with them being filthy, rotten buggers and all.
Still, gotta wonder why Abby is palling around with us.
>>
>>45237414
I imagine we're shipping him.
>>
>>45237414
Yea we gotta figure out why Abby the armless enjoys are crazy diseased asses... may be our fancy walking daemon filled drop pods.

I like Spores of madness, but feel free to keep brainstorming folks.
>>
>>45237514
I do like the idea of hamming up the pirate aspect, yarrs and all that.
I'd think that we're Abby's favorite source of slave labor or privateering, with a Letter of Marque of Nurgle.
>>
>>45236733
The Drop Pods have a nasty habit of absorbing the bodies and souls of marines who take too long to exit them.
>>
>>45237629
And they become permanently enthroned in their seats, joining with its Daemon intelligence!

We can play up the pirateness as well, let's talk about our chosen champion who definitely calls himself captain somethin
>>
>>45237697
It certainly matches their Everyone Is A Tool viewpoint.

Lord Captain Boilbeard, Plague of the Psychic Sea!
>>
>>45237697
I like the idea of Nurgle pirate using a meat hook as a replacement hand that rotted off.
>>
>>45236733
>Thanks to our insanity, as well as the fact our leader believes failbaddon is the ultimate follower of Nurgle, seeing as he has done NOTHING in 10,000 years of note
I like these guys.
>>
File: 1453689419319.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1453689419319.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>45237968
>I like the idea of Nurgle pirate using a meat hook as a replacement hand that rotted off.
>>
>>45238006
Well, that explains where the hand went after he lost it. Into the kettle!
>>
Hey there folks it's time to get you oriented to your new warband. Now I don't really care about most of the details I'm here to tell you about Somthing great that I guarantee that no other warband has. We have excellent soldier motivation, here to tell you about it today is our spokesperson Jimmy. Say hi Jimmy, haha what a guy. Anyways we here at spores of madness, heresy division, we have found the ultimate way to get our soldier fighting, haven't we Jimmy? Ignore the panic in his eyes he says yes. Anyways we here have turned our drop pods into a large storage facility for some daemons, compliments of our great lord Nurgle. Now when the drop pod lands they want to join in our fight as some creepy, I mean, coll ass spider thing. It's a real laugh, goes around eating people, sometimes it's only your enemies even! Anyways our new patient pending way to motivate our troops is to simply have our drop pods eat them. That's right folks, if you stay in our drop pods too long then you get to be devoured and integrated into the eternal agony of our drop pods! Now for the real reason Jimmy is here. Jimmy come over here. Good, now see how Jimmy has lost his leg? Well Jimmy was being a little shit and couldn't decide to get out and fight with his friends. He was one leg in one leg out kind of guy. But fret not my young slaves and soldiers, for the drop pod ensured that the indecision stored in his leg will forever remain in that drop pod. Come now Jimmy, don't cry it's only your leg... and the rest of that side of your body... anyways, don't be like Jimmy kids, get out and fight for your Lord and master!
>>
>>45238062
Indeed, captain Boil-beard it is! Blessed bt Nurgle with a Rotted off hand, which he replaced by jamming a nice big meathook in his hand which was later filled with a daemon... his hand is a Daemon weapon

What's his flagship named boyoys
>>
>>45238264
The Piece of Eight! Like the eight points on the star of chaos!
>>
>>45238448
I like it! Any other champions and/or special charactrrs? Other than his Daemon hook, what weapon does Boil-beard wield?
>>
>>45238525
Clearly he has a power-cutlas or a Devastator cannon he replaced his other arm with.
>>
>>45238146
Jesus Christ dude try some formatting. I'm not gonna read six page lines of unbroken text.
>>
>>45238525
Boils in his face dribble and spray pestilence at whoever he's facing in combat. Unless some form of environmental protection is worn, it applies penalties for stench and a chance to fall gravely ill afterwards.
>>
>>45238569
Power cutlass of course! Now, battlecry anyone?
>>
Also, the boils and such on his beard are a great idea.

Now, for our little fleet, and hell, lets give ourselves a timeline using the loyalist chapter creation tables, gimme a d100 again me mateys
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>45239200
And for >>45239042 I think "Plague and Plunder, me hearties!" is solid
>>
>>45239318
"Plauge and Plunder yo ho!", perfect, a boil beard original! I think, aside from the Piece of eight, which is obviously a battle barge, they gotta have a fleet!

How many ships? 17? 20? 32? SHALL we roll again? Lets give it a... 2d20's
>>
Also, as a loyalisty chapter, we were founded in the 40th Millenium. Pretty recent ey me hearties?
>>
Rolled 13, 18 = 31 (2d20)

>>45239420
For the booty!
>>45239445
Man, we must have been impressive for Abby to take us on so soon!
>>
>>45239495
A good point, tell me boyos, what did we do that garnered Failbaddon's attention? Any ideas?
>>
>>45239662
Surviving a purge is no small feat, maybe there's bad blood between Mr. Inquisitor McNemesis and Abby
>>
>>45239662
Maybe we brutalized an inquisitorial squad that had been a thorn in Abby's side. That inquisitor that escaped our wrath is as much our enemy as his.
>>
So, 31 ships including the Piece of eight
And we survived a purge, and fucked with some inquisitors Abby was NOT a fan of

Who's our First mate? I'm thinking sorcerer, or dreadnought
>>
Dreadnot plz
>>
>>45239971
Dreadnought would be a good fit for the diseased chaos pirates, being maimed is a piratey thing (peg legs, eyepatches and all
>>
>>45240119
First mate dreadnought it is! Lets get our second champion a name, his armament, and just WHY he is a dreadnought(NOT a damn hellbrute)
>>
>>45240144
Ol' Ironsides he is! afflicted with a Tyranid bio-plague that resulted in our Geneseed mutation!
>>
>>45240144
I suck at naming stuff...

Always quick with a joke, enjoys potty humour, he burst into bawdy song at the slightest provocation. During the purge he took a full assault squad down by himself, but ultimately succumbed to massive flamer burns. Papa Nurgle loves him, and decided to keep him around a bit longer, so he was entombed into an ancient mutated Dread. He now has speakers to blast his filthy funny songs with.
>>
Oooooo, a tough choice to be certain... but I think >>45240461
Takes it for the reason, but
>>45240392
Gets the name!

Ol' Ironsides, a friendly man, inspite of his sarcophagus induced insanity, who plays music and showed how much of a badass he was in the purge!

What is his sarcophagus armed with?
>>
>>45240537
Probably lots of rocket pods, hence his name "Ironsides"
>>
>>45240884
Truth.
>>
>>45240884
Alright, one arm is a rocket pod, whats his other arm?
>>
>>45240537
Figure since we're all about boarding other vessels, then assault weapons.

Power fist because FIST TO DA FACE!
Heavy flamer, so he can show them what being burned alive feels like.
>>
>>45241022
Flamers are bad since we are all nurgles children. I recommend a power first
>>
>>45241022
Fistination.
>>
>>45241030
Actually good point, Rocket pod may be with his name, but not conducive to Boarding actions... maybe an autocannon or Heavy bolters with that flamer and power fist? OR Rather, the dreadnought fist, a stormbolter on it, and that big fuck off heug flamer Dreadnought's can have
>>
>>45241110
Good point. Nurgle dissapproves of fire.
>>
>>45241110
INDEED, I say Twin linked heavy bolters then, along with dat fist and stormbolter
>>
>>45241148
Alright so, power fist, storm bolter/twin linked heavy bolter
>>
Alright, with Ol'Ironsides and Boil-beard done, Warband leadership is indeed done. Along with fleet size.

What else we need folks? This warband is shaping up to be REAL interesting.

OH, color scheme idea?
>>
>>45241386
Id probably say red and white stripes. Or maybe they usual nurgle green with bands of red across it
>>
>>45241418
I'd like the scheme to reflect the origin somehow...
Maybe White scars white, on the right side, transitioning to corrupted black/green/scab red on the left
>>
Should we add some fluff about heretechs too? Because Ol'Ironsides needs someone to re-arm him from time to time.
>>
>>45241545
That sounds cool to me! I like to break away from the green used ALL the time for nurglites, so white to scab red
>>45241690
Good point, lets get some heretech lore in here, where'd they get there little techies from?
>>
>>45241733
Maybe the Heretechs have a ship of their own in our fleet since we have many ships.
>>
>>45241733
Probably stolen imperial magos who've been jacked into a nurgle hive mind, in a literal and technological sense.
>>
>>45241776
>>45241760
Lets combine these two!

The Spores of Madness jacked an Imperial Admech ship, taking the Magos and all other Techpriests as well as a factory ship. After retreating to the eye, most of the unwilling preists were fused to the forge ship, in order to supply them with more arms and ammo.

The magos and his personal little retinue were linked to a seperate hive mind, and now maintain the gear of the Warband including first mate Ironsides
>>
>>45241733
Yeah, I hate the saminess as well, even if Nurgle's "official" color is green, I believe the mutations and ornaments, tactics and demeanor reflect more of which god a warband worships than a colour scheme.
>>
Also that name is not set in stone, if you have any other ideas, put them forward!
>>
>>45241853
Sounds good!
>>
OK, color scheme, Heretek's, champion, fleet its all very nice and rounded so far boyos! A nice combination of 40K Grimdark with some nice insane comedy on the side.

what else do we need? Do we need anything else? Does anyone have more to contribute?
>>
>>45242163
Do we have a home system/planet? A sector of the galaxy we roam?
>>
File: asteroid_field.jpg (1MB, 2600x1534px) Image search: [Google]
asteroid_field.jpg
1MB, 2600x1534px
Adding a little fluff here, feel free to discard it/change it however you guys like:

+++DISTRESS CALL FROM ADEPTUS MECHANICUS FACTORY VESSEL [#731/B9]+++

This is techpriest Reduktus Bata calling out to any Imperial or Mechanicus ships in this sector, by the machine god even Xenos would do! We are under attack, I repeat we are under attack. We have a 90% hance of the attackers being heretics and tratiors
They ambushed us when our ship entered the Gorvium system to collect ores from the asteroid belt. Clever bastards, they hid in the outer layer of a gas giant.
Before we knew it, our frigates where blown to smithereens and our ship was boarded. As far as I know I am the only surviving magos in this section. Please send assistance!
By the omnissiah they are melting the bulkhead, please send hel-

+++END OF DISTRESS CALL+++
>>
Oh, and don't forget Daemon engine drop pods that walk and eat both the warbands enemies and anyone dumb enough to stay in one too long.

>>45242205
Hmmmm... didn't think about that! Well, lets get that started! The Maelstrom is kinda Red Corsairs territory and around there's, ideas me fellow super space pirates?
>>
>>45242237
THIS is awesome, anyone who wants to toss fluff/writefaggotry like this up feel free to do so! It fleshes everything out(Just as Papa nurgle enjoys... nice diseased flesh)
>>
>>45242263
Isn't there an area that's full of spooky, almost supernatural xenos?
>>
>>45242460
Actually yea! The Ghoul stars I believe? Its that or the Halo stars
>>
>>45242483
The ghoul stars sound like an awesome place for our favorite band of puss-filled pirates to threaten
>>
>>45242541
YES! There is even a space marine chapter that stands vigil over them, the death spectres.

Sounds like a perfect place ripe fer Plauging and pillaging laddies!
>>
>>45242592
Woohoo!
>>
File: chaos_spawn.jpg (230KB, 473x693px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_spawn.jpg
230KB, 473x693px
Adding more fluff:

The spawn Bloaterbud

Hate, joy, sadness, love and.....nothing. That is what the chaos spawn Bloaterbud felt when it was roaming the empty corridors in one of many forgotten decks onboard the Traitor Battleship Crimson Shell.
Every once in a while a slave have tried to escape it's masters and fallen victim to Bloaterbuds many mouths and claws. Bloaterbud felt...something when it feasted upon the scrawny slaves...but it didn't care.

After many years Bloaterbud could hear voices and footsteps. They didn't sound like slaves, so Bloaterbud hid. As he watched with his many eyes and eyestalks a trio of armour clad giants that ceared out rubble and forced many doors open. When seeing this Bloatbud had an....idea...something it hasn't had in a long time; "Maybe some of them will die, then I could feast!"
With the idea in Bloatbud soon found himself in pursuit of the giants. And after many twists and turns it finnaly found them. But they where all looking at Bloatbud, and not the other way around.
Bloatbud was prepared to run, but stopped when one of the giants yelled out: "OUR GREAT FATHER HAS GIVEN US A GIFT. A SPAWN TO SEND OUT INTO BATTLE!"
And thus, began a new chapter in the (un)fortunate life of Bloatbud.
>>
>>45242952
fuck, just relized that I spelled it's name wrong on several occations. Bloaterbud is it's name, not bloatbud. But you guys can change it however you wish
>>
Keep the fluff comin boyos! I'm currently working up the color scheme on the painter, will toss it up when done for approval
>>
Gah, I can't write fanfic to save my hide.
>>
File: csm.jpg (55KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
55KB, 400x500px
Here is first attempt
>>
White on right half, scab red on left, Snot green trim and soft armor
>>
Shit meant to do the horns green too... a moment
>>
File: csm.jpg (55KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
55KB, 400x500px
HERE it is
>>
File: CSM bikers.jpg (126KB, 1210x570px) Image search: [Google]
CSM bikers.jpg
126KB, 1210x570px
>>45243138
More fluff incomming boss!

The Vile riders:
On the desert world Drabataan-III a small party of chaos space marines from the "Spores of Madness" warband have made planetfall. But they are not here to loot and plunder, they are here to fullfill a part of thier masters plan in order to please Nurgle. Their target is the water purification plant that give clean water to the biggest settlement on the planet. From thier master they have been given a small container containing a new warp plauge that will soon spread across this planet, and if it is a success, then the entire sector would succumb to the Nurgle.

In order to move in and out quickly the mission need speed. It is then the Vile Riders are dispatched. Lead by "Tektus the Dense" they are known for doing thier job properly and leaving no witness if there are any. They have gained quite the reptutation among the ranks in the "Spores of Madness", even going so far so that they have been praised by Ol'Ironside himself.

What do you guys think? Any good?
>>
>>45243559
I like it!
>>
>>45243586
Good idea foor a story! Feel free to expand. Needs some spelling and grammar checking, but thats really it
>>
>>45243702
Sorry about the spelling errors, english isn't my first language
>>
>>45243750
Like I said, minor problem that people can fix easily. Feel free to expand it like I said, if your muse so speaks to you
>>
>>45243559
Looks good! Thumbs up for green trim.
>>
>>45243702
Perhaps their Inquisition nemesis is a pseudo pirate hunter?
++Inquisitor's Log++
I have tracked the vile traitors, now known as the "Spores of Madness" half way across the galactic rim, and they still manage to evade my forces. I have determined that they are hiding in a small but stable warpstorm, known to local traders as the "Charybdis", known to grow and shrink in an almost regular cycle.

Emperor willing, My fleet will catch them unawares at the next slacking of the warptides and I shall finally be rid of them, but I fear that the hives so scum I have had to work through to find their current hide-hole are seeded with their agents.

Inquisitor Spotswood, signing off.
++End Log++
>>
>>45244852
Well We've taken the pirate theme this far, may as well go all the way with it!
>>
>>45245757
I kinda want the next 40K build something thread to be based on MGS, just for the idea of either Space Marines or IG sneaking around in cardboard boxes.
>>
>>45245831
Well that would CERTAINLY be hilarious! Be interesting to see how it went over
>>
>>45235809
DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA
DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA
>>
OH, SO YE WANT T'KNOW ABOOT THE FOCKING SPORES O' MADNESS? I'LL TELL YE ABOOT THE SPORES O' MADNESS. IT ALL BEGIN WITH A YOUNG LAD AND A PILE OF NOODLES. 'IS NAME WAS SALLY. NO, NOT THE BOY, THE NOODLES.

FOCKIN' HELL, DO YE REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO FILL THAT OLD CRAZY DREADNAUGHT BASTARD WITH ALE AND DRINK FROM 'IM? WHAT 'APPENED TO THAT OLD FUCK? IT WAS ME? THAT'D EXPLAIN WHY I DON'T WORK EVERY SECOND TUESDAY.

THE FOCK DE YE MEAN WE CAN'T 'AVE A JOLLY TUNE?! WE'RE FOCKIN' PIRATES WE ARE! JEST BECAUSE SLAANESH AND 'IS SISSYBOYS PLAY THEIR 'LECTRIC DEATH BANJOS AT THOSE DAMN TURBOSMURFS DON'T MEAN WE CAN'T MAKE A TUNE THAT'D MAKE PAPA NURGLE JIGGLE WIT' JOY. MAYBE 'E'LL GIVE ME A THIRD NOSE 'OLE. I ALWAYS WANTED ONE O' THOSE.

FIGHT, SPORES O' MADNESS! FER THE GLORY O' SEX, DRUGS, AN' ROCK N' ROLL. EXCEPT MOSTLY DECAY. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART O' THE LIST.
I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT SEX, DRUGS, N' ROCK N' ROLL IS TOO SLAANESHI. I SAY FUCK THAT. TURN TH' FUCKIN' NOISE UP YOU CUNTS. IT AIN'T SLAANESH UNLESS I SAY IT'S SLAANESH.
>>
>>45246289
Glorious.
>>
>>45246289
Ey, lad, ye be new here so's ye're forgiven fer not knowing the lay of the land, as it were, all that well. Best keep quiet when Ol' Ironside is speaking, lest ye end on the wrong side of a rocket, aye.
Our second mate he is, aye, and damn fearsome in a battle, Papa Nurgle bless'im. He's just a little daft in the head,(best not tell him I said that though).
>>
>>45246866
AYE, I WON'T SAY A WORD T' THE OLD TIN CAN.
>>
I'll introduce our fine captain... and toss some action in here
>>
He lounged across his command throne, stretched across the luxurious rotting leather a thick mug in one hand filled with some thick unidentifiable black substance. His other arm ended in a huge grizzly hook, the back of which could be seen sticking out of his decrepit power armor, as he casually bobbed his head back and forth, pock marked lips in a wide grin, "Drink up, me hardys, yo ho!", he sang in his deep rasping voice, like sandpaper against rotted wood. He tipped the mug to his lips, the viscous liquid sliding between his lips and down his ruined throat, then removing it from his lips and tossing it to the floor, his wet, rasping, laughter filling the bridge alongside the similar cackles of his two men to either side of his throne.

His yellow eyes snapped back open as he looked at the girl giving a new mug to one of his two men, and he snapped at her, "Here las! Bring us some grog aye?", the young girl flinched at his words, the words of the captain, and brought her rot covered tray to him. He snatched another mug of the black stuff from her, looking her up and down, some new recruit or aquisition he didn't remember which. "Oy, girly, take a sip yerself, its papa Nurgle's own sludge... go on las.", he watched intently as she shakily lifted a mug from her tray to her lips, pock marked and of an unhealthy pallor, before one of the deck crew shouted up, "Captain! Ships ahead!", he instantly forgot about the girl, his grin from ear to ear as he hopped from his throne, downing the entire mug and placing it, empty, back onto her tray. The girl never sipped her own grog, and hurriedly left the bridge.

Captain Boil Beard looked to his deck crew, "Well, what is it lads? Worth our time?", now the myriad 'sailors' fused to their terminals and screens worked slowly, but he got what he wanted, the deck commander turning his rotting face to the captain, "One strike cruiser Captain! Death Spectres colors!", the Captain smiled, and let out another rasping and yet wet laugh.
>>
"A lone cruiser makin'the chapter rounds eh? Admirable ain't it lads?", he sneered down at his deck commander, "Tell tha rest o' the lads to sit this one out aye? Lets see what the think o' th'Piece o'Eight.", with that he turned form the deck, marching back to his throne, his heavy limp obvious in his right leg. The conglomeration of metal and flesh oozed puss and some other, stranger fluids as he walked. The stiff limb did little to impede him as he grabbed the filth encusted scabard by the side of his throne, it's metal long since discoloured by age and grime.

The engines of the up to now hidden ship fired to life, barreling headlong out of the belt of dust and rock it had been hidden in. A lone battle barge, striding through the empty void toward its prey. The white and black Strike cruiser drifted more lasily than its opponent, not realizing the newcomers approach until it was nearly within firing range. The ship listed right, coming to face the approaching barge, and opening fire with its forward lances. The heavy laserfire tore at the rapidly approaching Battle barge, strikng off bits and pieces... but seemed to have no effect. Before any further action could be taken, the barge had fired its own payload, a squadron of boarding ships.

The quick vessels smashed into the strike cruisers sides before it could bring its shields to bare, and easily pierced the ships thick metal hide. Captain Boil Beard sat at the front of his craft, beneath his helmet a terrible smile cracked his foul and corrupted face as he shouted to his men, "PLAUGE AND PLUNDER ME HEARTIES!", as the boarding ramp clattered down, and the Spores of Madness poured into the Loyalist ship.
>>
>>45247778
Cue them finding a skeleton crew as the inquisitor suddenly arrives in force.
>>
>>45247827
Nah, this was just gonna be a standard raid, just wanted to intro the captain with a spot of violence. Though, other's can feel free to build on this as I write
>>
>>45247868
I know, but that's an almost obvious trap. I mean, if they know there is a flotilla of pirates out and about, why would they send vessels out alone?
>>
>>45247930
You know how inquisitors are dicks? Well... inquisitors are dicks. This IS a trap, but the Death Spectres don't know that. They weren't told of the threat of the Spores being as close to the Ghouls stars rim as they are. Don't worry, the Inquisiton is on the way

I also left that possibility open in case others wanted to write the Inquisitors arrival to 'assist'
>>
A small contingent of Loyalists stood proud before the Chosen, a tactical squad of Death Spectres Marines, their Sergeant pointing his chainsword to the incoming invaders shouting, "TRAITORS!", at the top of his vox. Both the loyalists and traitors opened fire almost simultaneously, but Captain Boil Beard ignored the bolter fire, who needs a bolter when you've got a hook and blade? He lunged at he Sergeant, his power cutlass scrping against his counterparts chainsword as he was parried, the Sergeant trying bringing his bolt pistol to bear at Boil Beards chest. The far more experinced marine twisted to the left, bringing his Daemon hook scraping against the Spectre's soft neck armor, and ripping it open along with his throat. Before the Sergeant could even react two bolts smashed into his chest plate and a third slammed into his abdomen, ripping through his power armor and lifting him from his feet.

As his men surged forward Boil Beard lay about his enemies with hook and blade. In the cramped and confined halls of a ship the Spores excelled, and the Spectre's were outmatched by the Chaos Champion. He carved through one with his filth encrusted power cutlass, slicing down from his gorget to his navel. He brought his Daemon hook into another's skull, piercing his helmet and impaling his brain before vicously ripping it out through his faceplate, cackling as he did so. The rest of the squad fell quickly, the bolters of the Chosen tore through them, driving them out of the compartment in which the Spores had landed. By the end, 8 Loyalists lay dead, to two traitors. Boil Beard laughed, and looked to his men, "Tell the lads to check in! I thought it was about time we gotta new ship aye?"

However, unbeknownst to the chaos marines and loyalists within the cruiser, more ships were on the way. One particular Inquisitor had been tracking the Spores for years, and now? Thanks to obstruction of a bit of information to the Death Spectres, he had then right where he wanted them,
>>
I feel this little piece will only get BETTER if others write it with me, feel free to post your own bits onto this folks, after all whats the fun of building a Warband together if you don't write about it together?
>>
>>45248337
Anything from the bits from other Spores marines, to Death Spectres, to the Inquisitor and his pals on the way! Lets make it a story worth reading boyos!
>>
>>45248337
>>45248362
Captain Arkus Name-Taker

Psyker captain of the blockade runner Bonnie Whore's Kisses, Arkus Name-Taker is one of the most prolific slavers in the galaxy. Most notable was his enslavement of the entirety of the noble children of Delcitus Maxim and their replacement with nurglings, an action that led to the formation of the Delcitus Crusade Fleet and the blood vendetta of it's commander, Commodore Tabeatha Haddaway Ngatha.

A preening, egotistical man, Captain Name-Taker surrounds himself with a cadre of slaves who endlessly polish, paint, and replace his armor as it succumbs to Nurgle's designs. Preferring his ship to be crewed with psykers, Name-Taker's mancatcher squads have been known to fill their slave cages by compelling the weak of mind to walk into their servitude.
>>
>>45248362
Writefagging is a bit much to ask on such an impromptu topic. I'll see if I can whip up something, but no promises.
>>
>>45249486
Keep in mind you don't need anything long, just a quick blurb to flesh things out.
>>
File: Tektus the Dense.jpg (138KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tektus the Dense.jpg
138KB, 675x900px
>>45243586
Continuing the story:

The vile riders: II

Tektus the Dense stood ontop of a cliff overlooking the water purification plant, his bikes engine kept on running in the background. It's fumes killing the little flora there is around it. Looking through his helmets visors he could spot a small amount of guards, probably a small detatchment from the planetairy defence force. They wouldn't know what hit them.
Tektus turned around and faced his gang of bikers, 5 of them there where.

All handpicked by Tektus himself for this mission. This mission that thier warlord himself had ordered them to do.
"Ready your bikes!" Said Tektus in a harsh gurgling voice.
"Neanders and Bort, you approach from the hills northwest from here, draw thier fire away from the rest us. Uhas, take this melta charge and place it on the smaller back gate. The rest of you shall cover me while I head towards the water source. Let's ride out! Plauge and Plunder! And all hail Nurgle!
>>
ALRIGHT

Now that I am awake again, I can continue to monitor this

>>45249486
NOt asking for much, just some blurbs and such, if someone wants something longer they can absolutely do so
>>45248545
Nice, a Sorcerer
>>45251734
I enjoy this continuation
>>
>>45243843
>Chaos Italians
>>
Bump

>>937073
>>
>>45253434
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1454774674456.webm
>>
>>45246190

Chaos rises, brother.
>>
>>45253799
Indeed brother. ALright, nuff waisting time, as good as drinkin grog is ye've got to take a ship every now and then

Lets get this trap sprung on out titular Spores of Madness
>>
Inquisitor Spotswood stood in the bridge of the "Star's Wrath", a battleship he had aquisitoned, like the rest of the ships in his small fleet, from the Imperial Navy for the express purpose of finally ridding himself of the troublesome 'Spores of Madness'. The warband had been causing trouble for the Imperium for almost two millenia, if his sources were correct, particularly in the confines of the mysterious and xeno ridden Ghoul Stars. This was a particularly dangerous situation, especially if they somehow convinced the supposedly supernatural xenos inhabitants to ally themselves with them. Though, Spotswood doubted that would ever happen, as reports made it very clear that the Spores relationship to their myriad of cultists was that of masters to slaves, not allies.

Spotswood was roused from his musings by the ships captain, one Lord Admiral Alreak Von Strauphen, a rather rotund man who for all his size was no less competent a commander, "Lord Inquisitor, it appears your guess was correct. The Death spectres strike cruiser has just been engaged", Spotswood noded, speaking without turning his head to the Admiral, "How long until the Death Spectres respond?", Strauphen thought for a moment before responding, "As we warned them slightly early... I believe their own force will arive long before our target has disengaged.", at this, Spotswood aged face was broken by a slight smirk, "Perfect... We've got them. Order the attack Admiral, we cannot let that Battle Barge or its occupants escape.", "There is one more detail lord inquisitor!", Spotswood sighed, and turned to the admiral, his signature scowl returned to his face, "What?", the Admiral seemed insulted by his tone, but said nothing of it. "It appears the strike cruiser has been boarded.", Spotswood growled in response, "... shit."
>>
>>45252974
Brother Jacobin stood at the edge of the small stage and bowed his head in quiet reflection for a moment as his servants finished handing out bread to the gathering crowd, his speech reciting itself in his head. The damp, dank air of the underhive smelling cloyingly acrid and sweet as it stung his lungs, sending him momentarily into a memory of his childhood and the harsh incense of the temple. He surveyed the crowd, less than a hundred souls, all standing apart and wary of cutpurses; sticking around mostly out of a base politeness or the hope for more food than any actual interest. Prophets, rabblerousers, and agitators were more common than rats in the underhives, and Jacobin knew he was but another rodent scurrying in the dark. He didn't wear his armor when making speeches, at best it made his audience fearful, at worst, in a land where life was meaningless and violence cheap, it made his audience think he was fearful. So he stood there, loosely clothed with his shirt open so that the audience might find him relatable to their own tumors and wounds, and his feet bare. He didn't know why going barefoot seemed to make people more apt to believe what he was saying, but he wasn't going to quibble over results. His servants had finished their barking and it was time for his speech. The crowd murmured as he stepped out and he smiled inwardly as some pointed to his bare feet. And there, on a rotting stage, on a rotten street, in front of a rotting crowd, Brother Jacobin opened his mouth and sang the praises of decay.
>>
Ok, continuing to work on fluff, will be up soon enough
>>
Do we have a homeplanet/port/base?
>>
>>45258880
They're a bunch of fleet based pirates.

Though you've got me thinking of one their ships being completely daemon possessed, overflowing with flesh, metal, and warpstuff, that the Spores of Madness keep adding wrecked ships, asteroids, and corpses in order to grow a mobile space station.
>>
>>45258880
Well, when we rolled up we got fleet based, so no not really. Our main area is the ghoul stars though
>>
>>45258997
THIS! I like this idea, trying to artificially build their own Space hulk, so lets grow on this

I imagine a pretty powerful Daemon is needed for ships, so, whats his name? And how close are we to making said hulk?
>>
>>45251734
Does anyone feel like continung this story?
>>
>>45259050
Feel free if you want to! I'm working on the other story that I started
>>
>>45259044
I'd say it's not actually a powerful daemon, as that would make it hard to control. It's a weak daemon grown fat and stretched across a frame of metal; think of it like an attack dog grown so obese it can't really do much other than walk around. Gotta use the buddy system when on board though, it has a nasty habit of forming mouths on the floors and walls where it has a lot of presence.

As for size, I'd say it was originally an escort vessel but now it's roughly the same volume of a strike cruiser.
>>
I imagine a boarding is like from 07.00-08.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRxOZY9ytqI

couldn't find the individual clip, only the full movie
>>
>>45259225
I watched the subbed version of that and though it did a real shit job explaining itself, is the dub better in that regard?
>>
>>45246289
This.
Is.
Perfect.

Thank you so much, anon.
>>
>>45260948
WHO'S ANON?
IS THAT ME?
OH BUGGER, I FERGOT MY NAME AGAIN.
>>
File: Forge_Dark_Mechanicus.jpg (212KB, 873x643px) Image search: [Google]
Forge_Dark_Mechanicus.jpg
212KB, 873x643px
Meanwhile, inside the Heretech factory ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVtpOHQqvY
>>
>>45261200
I can't imagine the Heretek's have a very high opinion of a bunch of lazy Chaos Space Marine pirates.
>>
>>45262916
It's got its perks

Plague grog
Plundered archeotech
Fusing into machines
>>
>>45236435
Catching up, perhaps parasitic drop pods that after they disgorge the Marines, chew into the planet's crust and infect agri-worlds, destabilize hive cities, and generally fuck things up below ground. How does that sound for a unique engine?
>>
>>45264902
Basically we have that, except they can also walk, and eat people. Thats what I came up with at least
>>
>>45264902
Awesome idea for planetary siege, but I figure the Spores aren't really into laying waste to worlds, it's too much work.
>>
>>45265102
TRUE, but throwing a bunch of pissed off, man eatingm walking, disease dispensing Drop pods AT a ship and watching them tear it and the crew apart is HILARIOUS
>>
>>45265245
Especially while they blare sea shantys as they do it
>>
>>45265102
When the drop pods get aggressive about eating marines they launching them at some remote part of an unsuspecting world for shits and giggles.

>>45264885
>Excuse me, Magos, I was overlooking the schematics you sent me and I'm confused. This is some sort of artillery cannon with an articulated barrel, correct?
>Correct.
>Won't this explode violently when fired.
>Yes.
>If you don't mind me asking, why?
>Because the coxswain of the Ark Defilement got his right leg blown off and wanted a cannon for its replacement.
>But to mount this thing would require removing his other leg, pelvis, and most of his lower abdomen and the recoil from firing the cannon would wrench it free from any anchoring.
>Yes.
>Did you tell him that would happen?
>No.
>Sir, with all due respect...
>I had dreams once. Simple, easy dreams of respect, authority, and beautiful women retaining at least 43% of their flesh. And now, now I get to make artillery cannons into legs for drunken oafs. Every day I wake up, point the plasma torch at my brain case, and flip a coin. It will be my lucky day one of these days, but until then, I need a 155mm cannon, a cutting torch, and a door hinge.
>>
>>45265245
They would be very good anti-ship weapons if the Spores figure something is too dangerous or too big to take through regular boarding. Just launch a Chewy Pod into the center of a Necron Tomb World or Eldar Craftworld and detonate it. Corrupts and strips defenses!
>>
File: 1450437163514.gif (938KB, 718x352px) Image search: [Google]
1450437163514.gif
938KB, 718x352px
/tg/ I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for making my days just a bit better. Wether it's creating a new Warband, discussing how to paint, or just moaning about the newest release from GW, this board is always fun. Thanks.

Also, what if some of the ship's guns were manned by hundreds of Nurglings that compete with the human/semi-human gunners to score ship kills?
>>
>>45269515
You're welcome, anon.

Nurglings don't really have the intelligence or mindset to man guns. What if, since they're usually short on manpower, especially Marines, they pack nurglings in special shells designed to remain intact after breeching a ship's armor, filling the opposing ship with nurglings to soften it for a boarding action?
>>
>>45269729
That's a good idea. And because daemons aren't subject to the same physical laws as mortals, they can be fired across in actual macro cannon shells instead of boarding pods. What an image, a veritable tide of Nurslings, pouring through decks like a tide...I imagine Old Ironsides would love it.
>>
>>45269729
>>45269929
These things? They please us

Also, earlier we suggested that the Spores are building their own Space Hulk, by shoving a Daemon into an escort class ship and using sorcerery, and stick Nurgle warp stuff to stick a bunch of ships to the base escort class ship it started as. It will hopefully replace the Piece of Eight as flagship one day. Currently the size of a strike cruiser

WHAT WAS NOT discussed was a name for this great tribute to Grand Papa Nurgel

Ideas?
>>
>>45270321
I NOMINATE TH' NAME BIG IRONSIDES.

OR OL' IRONSIDES 2: FETID ROTALOO.

CAN I 'AVE IT, PAPA NURGLE? I PROMISE I'LL FEED IT NOODLES EV'RY DAY.
>>
>>45270321
Not quite sure if it fits, but I had an idea for a Chaos jail in the center of one-way converging warp currents. (everything flows there, nothing flows out)
It was a Nurge based jail that held Imperials, dangerous Chaotic prisoners who could have started power struggles but knew important secrets, etc. The Nurgle Lord Maldrox the Mindless is a daemon prince who built the prison which collects and absorbs all the ships and space hulks that converge there. It originally was a place for my Black Crusade PCs to escape, but I think it might be an interesting rival group to compete with the Spores.

Or maybe we can just rip the Ship name, which was The End of All Things.
>>
>>45270735
More name ideas:
The Horrible Leopard
The Malebolge
The Cystic Mass
The Sliver
Herald of Void
Cemetery of Bones
>>
>>45270782
Cystic mass is one I personally am a big fan of, followed by Cemetary of bones because it is redundant
>>
>>45270735
Competing wwith a Daemon prince with a warband of about a company of Chaos marines lead by a CHOSEN seems a little unfair to the Spores of Madness, they seem outmatched. But fuck it!

They can be a nice thick, Nurgle Shaped thorne in this Nurgle Daemon's arse, stealing shit from him from time to time(Plauge grog, prisoners, weapons) and runnin off before the git has a chance to stop them. Good or not?
>>
>>45271163
I mean WE have a company sized warband lead by a chosen

I imagine he is a bit more well eqipped and supported, being a Daemon prince and all
>>
>>45271109
The Tumorous Excess.
>>
>>45270321
I once read this short story involving a sado/maso apparatus which would bind a person into a crucifix for great enjoyment/suffering of the involved participants.

The name PaterMonsterâ„¢ stuck with me, though it might be more of a slaaneshi thing
>>
>>45236733
What about "the Tumor"
>>
>>45275743
>>
File: 27945679.jpg (68KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
27945679.jpg
68KB, 407x405px
>>45275743

>>45276655
Now with 100% more picture.
>>
Should we give these guys a 1d4chan page?
>>
>>45279098
Absolutely! I'd feel disapointed if they didn't get one!
>>
>>45279316
Does anyone here know how to set up a page?
>>
>>45279529
I'm sure I can figure it out.
>>
>>45280314
Awesome, let us know when it is up
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Spores_of_Madness
>>
>>45280448
update to your heart's content
>>
>>45280471
Go MY FELLOw NURGLE DISCIPLES! LET ALL THOSE OF 1D4CHAN KNOW OUR NAME!

Basically, lets make this page look proper boyos
>>
Where do you get these tables?
>>
>>45280768
Off another Warband on 1d4chan, though you cann essentially grab it from any of the Chaptera/legions/warbands on 1d4chan

Specifically that one is from the Iron Tyrants page
>>
I wonder if we can ask some drawfags to draw us some stuff=
>>
>>45281372
I'd love to see Ol'Ironsides and the Captain with one hand, ending in a hook that is a Daemon weapon. Really it'd be great if they drew our Warband in genral! ESPECIALLY battle scenes
>>
>>45281372
>>45281543
Has anyone tried requesting it in the current drawfag thread?
>>
>>45282548
I didn't realize there was a current drawfag thread
>>
>>45282738
see >>45261628
>>
Requesting Iron sides and the captain as we speak
>>
>>45283745
Okay so let me know if I miss anything. So far we have:

>Named Characters
Captain Boilbeard
Ol' Ironsides
Tektus the Dense
Bloaterbud
Arkus Name-Taker
Brother Jacobin

>Ship Names
Pieces of Eight
Ark Defilement
Bonnie Whore's Kisses
The Tumor (technically still a ship)

>Adversaries
Death Spectres Space Marine Chapter
Inquisitor Spotswood
Commodore Ngatha and the Delcitus Crusade Fleet
>>
>>45284620
I think it's correct, but wait untill OP comfirms it
>>
>>45284620
This is all correct. Again, feel free anyone who wants to edit things such as this into the 1d4chan page.

I am current doing fluff but am about to take a nap and save what I've got so far. Make it nice and pretty, we worked hard on these piratey bastards! If we are lucky, we should have some Drawfaggotry to put up soon enough.
>>
>>45284749
I'm going to be busy for most of the night, but I'll try to work out some ship names and types along with some more named individuals. Maybe try and flesh out our adversaries or some of the Xenos we pall around with. How big is our fleet?
>>
>>45285305
We rolled a 31, so 31 ships plus Piece of eight and the tumour
>>
>>45285305
Didn't it have like 30 or so ships?
>>
So far nothing from the drawfags, but Captain Boil Beard is a somewhat tall order... we will see if anyone responds to it later on! The 1d4chan page is still up for any of you wishing to contribute!
>>
Hey we got a response! Sounds like one of the Drawfags has taken up drawing Captain Boil Beard!
I'll post more characters to the thread later
>>
ALSO

Do we have a special heraldry? Or just Nurgle symbol?
>>
>>45291093
Black skull on a white field over three black goblets.

Also, back from my night out so I'll be working on some more fluff.
>>
>>45292532
Be sure to put it on the 1d4chan page!
>>
>>45292595
I'll toss it up here first for critiquing. Also remember to save the what has been posted on the 1d4chan page locally in case someone starts messing with the page.
>>
The Belle Dame

When the Spores of Madness sacked the stellar wind swept planet of Robartes and it's great subterranean cities, they discovered a lone tower standing in the inhospitable desert of the surface. Standing more than a kilometer in height, the thin, gleaming spire appeared in no records. Unguarded, the Spores of Madness found only a solitary woman chained in the room at the top of the spire. Appearing heavily pregnant, the Spores of Madness took the seven chains binding her as a good omen and brought her back to their ship unmolested.

Ostensibly an anemic, listless human woman of indeterminate age with a full term pregnancy, the Belle Dame's humanity is undermined by not only her great height, standing taller than all but a handful of Space Marines, but also her absolute refusal to eat. Most curious is the fact that her abdomen, swollen with child, is nearly transparent, with ribs and organs visible. Her womb appears as a swirling mass of contrasting liquids, with many of the Spores believing that the future can be divined from interpreting the patterns formed by the currents and eddies. A few of the Spores claim to have seen the child she is carrying, when pressed the details given are vague but all describe it as giving them an unsettling sense of familiarity.
>>
Bolg'Shav

The last surviving member of the Spores of Madness' First Company, the marine now known as Bolg'Shav is one of the Possessed, willingly having is mind obliterated and surrendering his body to the control of a daemon of Nurgle. His terminator armor now living amalgamation of insect and fungi, he ambushes his enemies by teleporting in their midst while lashing out with claws that can age flesh and steel to dust and fangs that infect his victims with fungal growth that bypasses their nervous system and slaves their bodies to Bolg'Shav's commands.
>>
File: greensun.jpg (9KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
greensun.jpg
9KB, 300x215px
The wreck of the "Oozing wound"

In the Nizro-gamma subsector lies the wreck of a battleship. The ship drifts around a lone green sun, lodged between many gigantic asteroids.
For many years the Imperial Navy has avoided the star, but those that dare to use the star as a landmark in between warp jumps are often not seen or heard from again.

Why the ship is where it is, have been cast into legend, but the story goes that the ship and it's crew was in the star system in order to do some foul ritual. A small merchant vessel travelling from Ortada prima to Voidpoint station saw what appeared to be a solar flare hitting the ship before it made it's warp jump. The captain said he was lucky to remaind undetected, but what really drove the captain mad over the years was that, perhaps the ship knew they where there.
But no one knows what became of the crew, and all those who dared to explore the ship have yet to return. Perhaps something killed them, or if they just went mad and killed themselfs?

But the "oozing wound" is still drifting alone, and will do so for many years to come.

What I imagined what happend was that the crew awoke a slumbering daemon inside the star, that made the crews souls a part of Nurgles family. But you can interpret it however you wish
>>
What's the name of the fleet? Editing the page, need to know.
>>
Also:
I suggest Tektus the Dense is called such not because he's stupid, but because he has so many tumours that he weighs over half a ton unarmoured.
>>
>>45299043
I support this!
>>
I vote to call the fleet "The toxic wave"
>>
Need to know for 1d4chan is Arkus name taker a chaos space marine or a human psyker? Basically is he a chaos sorcerer or a human psyker?
>>
>>45300473
Sorcerer, most of his crew are human psykers though.
>>
File: cult of chaos.png (1MB, 914x615px) Image search: [Google]
cult of chaos.png
1MB, 914x615px
The enforcer:

Markus Mordecai is an enforcer for the many groups of cultists that serve under Captain Boil Beard. Once a man of pride and respect as an Arbite in the Hive Radatoon on the planet Knasta.
But after seeing how currupt the Adeptus Arbites on Knasta where he looked for a way to crush them all.

His wishes came into being when the Spores of Madness invaded and raided the planet. With his knowledge of being an arbite he could quickly rally a hoard of cultist from the lower hive.
When the battle was done, he and the surviving cultist found themselves onboard the "Pieces of Eight". And through wits, skills and a few bullets into a few peoples heads he became an enforcer for what he likes to call the "Boil's bravest"

What do you think? I felt we needed some more regular human characters in the warband
>>
Notable Actions of the Spores of Madness:

>Siege of Hadrofax: Raiding action against the Hadrofax Drift Station is cut off from the Warp by an approaching Tyranid force. After three weeks of repelling Tyranid vanguard forces, techmarines and Sorcerers manage to send the entire station and surrounding space directly into the Warp.

>The Corruption of Valeten IX: Spores of Madness operatives corrupt the few human overseers of the largely automated agri-world Valeten IX. Widespread simultaneous introduction of infectious agents sees an entire years worth of output as vector for mundane and warp-tainted illness before detection. Widespread ramifications include induced famines across nine systems, the halt of the Rovonus sector expansion, and the collapse of the Atrion Purging resulting the demotion to chaos spawn of chapter master Zyrus of the renegade Steel Devourers SM chapter.

>The Cywren Incident: Faulty intelligence sees six Spores of Madness ships raid the minor Craftworld Cyrwren only to be caught unaware by the Path of the Warrior dominated craftworld. A complete rout, the superior firepower and craftworld-specific Flaming Winds Aspect Warriors sees the loss of over a dozen Marines, thousands of cultists, and the destruction of the vessels Hellspite, Bloody Throne, and Vitae Tenebrous.

>Ekraor: Spores of Madness vessels deployed three decommissioned drop pods on the mostly uninhabited pleasure world of Ekraor. An outbreak of Nurgle's Rot among the royalty of Shandus led the Inquisition to discover a daemonic infestation hiding in the remote and untouched wilderness of the planet. Inducing an extinction level event through orbital bombardment, the planet was quarantined and handed over to the Ordos Malleus for study.
>>
>>45300619
Yeah, a warband's gotta have the menial tasks assigned, not everything is shooting and looting.
>>
>>45294827
Didn't get to say this earlier but this is AWESOME
>>45295903
Ok good, except couldn't be last of the 1st company because the WHOLE warband is the 1st company
>>45298701
Cool

>>45300619
He will be added to 1d4chan page

>>45302608
These are useful AND awesome
>>
>>45303034
>Ok good, except couldn't be last of the 1st company because the WHOLE warband is the 1st company

I realized that after I posted it. Feel free to drop it or change it.

I'm glad you liked the Belle Dame, I wanted something mysterious, even to the Spores. I added the actions because I think we need more fluff on what exactly they've done and who they're fighting. I'm thinking about adding the Steel Devourers as a Khorne-aligned adversary.
>>
>>45303161
A hood idea, some Khorne v Nurgle is good

Btw how many plauge marines you boyos think we have?

Also in regards to the Belle Dame, as you see on 1d4chan page the captain obviously values the sallow, possibly xenos woman clearly blessed by Nurgle. I was wondering, think he sees her as a sign? A portent of greatness for him and the Spores and may have picked up operations upon discovering her? Dore he believe her womb tells the future? Pirates are a superstitious bunch, especially insane Nurgle loving ones
>>
>>45303289
Also has finding her made him more superstitious? (She seems like a rather fluff important piece, and captain needs more fleshing out anyways
>>
>>45303289
Plague Marines as in the bloated, rotting Death Guard types? I'd say maybe a quarter of the Spores are like that, with the newer additions taken from the cultist ranks trending more towards plague marines.

As for the Belle Dame, I think that most of the Marines see her as legit or at the very least equal to the augury done by Sorcerers. The cultists, who rarely interact with her, are far more mixed, ranging from outright worship as a kind of Virgin Mary type figure to believing she's some deceiver come to lead them astray. The Dark Mechanicus don't really give a damn about her other than as a biological curiosity.

Also, the greentext dialogue under the Ark Defilement was originally meant for fleshing out the Magos in charge of the Dark Mechanicus contingent that I never got around to doing.

The Magos is a bitter, unpleasant man shackled by his freedom through loyalty owed to the Spores of Madness. What little enjoyment that seeps through his ahedonia comes from watching their failures and his passive-aggressive lashing out.
>>
>>45303520
Yeah, we rolled for minor aesthetic (ie non-functional) Nurgle mutations, and a White Scar geneseed mutation, so we're probably bnothing like bloaty Death Guard.

Speaking of which, we could flesh out the geneseed mutation that caused the Imperial Purge of our chapter I mean, wolfboys are tolerated, but we had to burn, so it musta been pretty bad to get those zealots on our asses.
>>
File: clone-vat.jpg (29KB, 1000x350px) Image search: [Google]
clone-vat.jpg
29KB, 1000x350px
The V.A.T born:

Deep inside the Ark Defilement is an area called "the think tank". Do not confuse this area with a place for research, no it is much darker than that.

In that room is rows upon rows of vat tanks that has one single use. To grow experimental cultists and dark servitors for the fleet. The think tank's overseer is a former Magos Biologis called Erodas Vea. He managed to escape the forge world he was conducting his experiments on when the Techpriests found out about his "studies".

So far none of the clones have been able to be a fully capable, and thinking human. The things that have come out have always been lifeless and souless humans.
But after and accident involving a mug of Ol'Ironsides brew and a exposed vat tank has resulted in some sort of cognitive motion in the clones.

At the present date the once sterile and clean vat tanks are now filthy and the water has turned into a green and black sludge that the clones now grow in.

Both Erodas and Boil Beard are interested in what the new batch of clones will be.
>>
>>45303520
Ok good, HOWEVER I more meant the captain specifically.

I have the idea (and sort of just get this vibe) that maybe captain Boil has an... UNHEALTHY(more so than normal) infatuation and/or devotion to their new "gift" from Papa Nurgle.

I want to flesh out the captain more anyways and this idea intrigues me, he may have even declared 2 of the 20 or so plauge marines as her 'Pale Guard'

I don't know I REALLY like this idea personally
>>
>>45304069
Maybe he was hit pretty hard over the losses against that Craftworld, he was looking at close to a tenth of his total force in marines and ships gone, and has gotten kinda obsessive and superstitious about fortune-telling and divination in general. Some might say he's gone a little mad even.

>>45303777
What if the geneseed is fine, it's the human stock that had the mutation?
>>
Hey OP, any luck with draw requests?
>>
>>45304794
Kinda. Last night a drawfag asked about heraldry, so I assume he is working at it but no update today... I assume he is working on the cap'b
>>
>>45304217
I kinda like this idea, that he is going even CRAZIER and probably trusting the Belle Dame over sorcerer augury.

Again its... at least I think it's a weird infatuation by now, possibly causing problems though maybe not I'm not sure

Also what sort of mutation we talking?
>>
File: Chairman-Drek.png (220KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
Chairman-Drek.png
220KB, 640x470px
Xeno relations:

While the Imperium may dislike Xenos with every fiber of thier being many that have defected and left the imperium sometimes find themslefs allying or working with Xeno's in many ways.

The Spores of Madness have a contact with a species called Abratrax that hail from a small empire just on the border to the Ghoul stars. They have somehow devloped a way to determine the path wich the Imperial ships go through in the warp. If this is thier own doing or some effect from a relic from within the Ghoul stars is unknown.

This piece of information saved them from being raided and possible rendered extinct by the Spores of Madness when thye came to raid and plunder.

Just posting this pic as a placeholder (nless you guys want this to be look of the aliens) untill I or someone else find a better picture to represent them
>>
OP do you think Boil beard should have a pet of somekind? Like the typical steriotype is that pirate captains have a parrot.
>>
>>45305914
Needs better pic, otherwise is fine

>>45305993
Eh, maybe a little nurgling?
>>
>>45306158
Ok, becuase I though we could otherwise use this creation table here:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg

To make his pet.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>45306190
>>
>>45306487
Forest environment ok

D10 for food habits
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>45306518
>>
>>45306532
Does not eat

D10 foe how it reproduces
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>45306601
Asexual get!
>>
>>45306649
Nope normal Sexual

D10 for maim sense
>>
File: image.jpg (773KB, 1360x2023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773KB, 1360x2023px
>>45305914
>>45306158
I have a pic of an alien species that I requested a while ago in a draw thread. So will this do?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>45306677
6th sense pls?
>>
>>45306686
I see no problem with this
>>
>>45306740
Unfortunately no... smell

Conflicts d100
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>45306766
>>
>>45306800
Imperials,pdf regular humies
>>
D100 for role
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>45306926
I hope it's something dangerous
>>
Also someone on the fucking drawfag thread called me a shit poster despite my detailed request... so... not sure if the captain is gonna get drawn anytime soon
>>
>>45306984
Just repost in the next drawthread, or just call that Anon a missive faggot
>>
>>45306950
NOPE left alone, ignored or not worth time to eradicate!

D10 for exemplary action
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>45307026
>>
>>45307020
Naw I'm better than them, not gonna eat up a draw thread with ACTUAL shitposts.

And the guy yesterday may still be working on it
>>
>>45307044
Taken down LOADS of guardsmen... ha

D6 for size of creature
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>45307092
>>
>>45307154
Large... so much for a parrot

D10 foe locomotion
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>45307204
What do you think we should call it?
>>
>>45307226
Quadraped (cavalry)

No fucking idea! Let's brainstorm

Skin type roll d12
>>
Rolled 6 (1d12)

>>45307301
Rollin
>>
>>45307435
It's got feathers! So far a big ass 4 legged birdie creature

D10 for number of abilities
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>45307508
D-did we just make a psuedo krootox?
>>
>>45307559
8 abilities foe a large creature... christ you do have a point

Roll 8 d35's for abilities... holy shit
>>
Rolled 2, 18, 16, 27, 26, 26, 21, 11 = 147 (8d35)

>>45307618
Perhaps the creature feeds of stench and rot?
>>
LET'S NAME 'EM BILLY.
>>
So what do we want to call the "Head Magos?"

I've just been calling him "The Magos" on 1d4chan, could work.
>>
Is OP kill?
>>
>>45308414
No, I know the faggot IRL. He's just, well, being a faggot.
>>
>>45308494
Fuck you fag got

Opera is not kill was driving

Will tell abilities shortly
>>45307659
Good idea
>>
File: 1453690947809.jpg (100KB, 700x712px) Image search: [Google]
1453690947809.jpg
100KB, 700x712px
>>45308542
>>
File: Dammit_OP!.jpg (179KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
Dammit_OP!.jpg
179KB, 830x467px
>>45308542
>>
>>45308621
>>45308691
MAN FUCK YOU GUYS!

But seriously, being forced to do fag family dinner so... yea that... will shoot up when free
>>
Also current draw thread is full of shit posts and fag got so may be a bit, but as I said before, I have been told someone is working on it
>>
>>45307659
2- reroll, 18-horns/spiky, 16-gaping maw, 27-ranged attack, 26-poisoned, 21-massive, 11-enhanced senses
>>
Rolled 33 (1d35)

>>45309318
for the reroll
>>
>>45309425
Spore cloud
>>
ALRIGHT BOYOS WAKE THE HELL UP YA ANONS!

Now that you are awake, lets discuss our... interesting pet

Ideas on a name for the creature?
>>
>>45310155
Snuffles. He sneezes toxic spores as a ranged attack. He has a big snout and enhanced sense meaning he sneezes a lot.
>>
>>45310221
DOES THAT MEAN I CAN'T CALL 'IM BILLY?
>>
>>45310221
Ok, other than 'Four legs and feathers and large' what do we think he looks like?
>>
>>45310261
Am I the only Anon posting?
Like a feathered aardvark.
>>
>>45310606
I'm here.
I just don't have any original ideas.
>>
So is the Belle Dame carrying some kind of Nurgle Antichrist?

I'm thinking with the whole "A few of the Spores claim to have seen the child she is carrying," old captain Boil Beard hasn't and is absolutely losing his shit over it.
>>
>>45310840
Sort of yes, sort of no

He has not seen it, though he is known to sometimes spend hours in her chambers alone, supposedly staring into her womb. It has gotten to a point where it is an obsession, and he believes not only does the womb tell the future more accuarately than his Sorcerer's(according to him) but soon, some year soon, a child will be born, and it will be his path to guide and guard it, for it wwill be Nurgle's ultimate gift to the world, his one true son

He believes Nurgle is testing his faith and devottion to both him and the Belle Dame by not yet revealing the child to him.
>>
>>45311099
The Warband's opinion of this? I know at least those cultists, a not to insignificant number, who worship her no doubt bellieve and support this, but what of his company?

Has his obssion channged their opinion on him? On the Belle Dame? Or has their devotion only strengthened with his?
>>
New ship names:

Necrotic Queen
Plagued Sun
Warp Dancer
>>
Indeed boyos don't make me decide everything about the crew!
>>
>>45312784
>>45312784
What kinds of decisions?
>>
>>45313029
Like I said, what's the warbands take on Boil Beards singly extreme devotion to the Belle Dame? Are they with him? They still trust him?

Really that's all for now, unless anyone wants to add fluff/writefag
>>
>>45313245
I would say mixed, same as the cultists. No one in X demographic 100% follows Y belief, even if someone they respect does believe Y belief.
>>
>>45313454
I think most of the Spores themselves are more put off by his devotion than the Belle Dame herself. She's rather placid and those who have interacted with her note she never tries to take power or guide how they interpret what they see in her womb.
>>
>>45313245
Throw up a new thread since this one is autosaging.
>>
New thread anons

>>45314880
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

damnation
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.