[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/btg/ - Battletech General: Carlos Camacho Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 42

File: Sombrero Atlas.jpg (41KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
Sombrero Atlas.jpg
41KB, 400x358px
Old Thread: >>45194367

===================================

Last news:

Interstellar Operations (final build) is out!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4hi24un9tthh9pr/CAT35006_Interstellar_Operations_FINAL.pdf

Next e-pub is going to be Touring the Stars: Lone Star
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/images/E-CAT35SN201-BattleTech-Touring-the-Stars-Lone-Star-220.jpg

===================================

/btg/ does a TRO: http://builtforwar.blog(not spam) spot.com/

How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5 (embed)

Can I get an overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
So where do I find rules for basic defenses like this one to add to my game or do I have to make my own?
>>
>>45230079
Holy shit those are so nice looking. I'm with this anon, where can someone buy them?

Also, because no one else has done it: hold on to your butte.
>>
While I like the idea of "Castle Brians?," something like these seem more plentiful for major forward bases or important sites.
>>
Daily reminder to praise Blake!
>>
>>45230111
Praise launch in progress...
>>
File: guntrailer.png (356KB, 1080x903px) Image search: [Google]
guntrailer.png
356KB, 1080x903px
>>45230079
>>45230106
TacOps has advanced building rules, including their construction, that covers anything from Castle Brians to small armed bunkers like you seem to want.

If you want something more vehicular in type, gun trailers can do it, construction rules in TechManual, and TRO 3145 Mercs has a bunch of ready made ones.
>>
>>45230111
BLAKE ELEISON
>>
>>45230079
You might want to check out the Hexpack Promotion 1, it includes several buildings, notably the Firebases which are gun emplacements.

I dunno if the OP fileshares have it, but it's also free on the official BT site's download page.
>>
>AFFS academies preach a pro-Prince, pro-Federated Suns doctrine. This line tries to give each cadet the sense that he is akin to the ancient knights of Europe, that he is the embodiment of the best that the Federated Suns has to offer. They are indoctrinated with a sense of duty that is not directed toward a particular political aim, such as elevating a Davion to First Lordship. Rather, the academics impress the idea in the minds of their cadets that they must act for the betterment of the people of the Federated Suns. Officers are supposed to live and die for the citizenry rather than for some “Davion destiny”. That the needs of the people and the needs of the Prince are one and the same is viewed as just a happy coincidence.
>>
So I just downloaded Megamek HQ.

Should I be using 3.24 or 3.21? I read there have been some issues with 3.22 & 3.23 and I'm not sure if they've been resolved in the latest version.
>>
repostin' from last thread for analysis.
Militia battalion command Lance:
Crab -20
Shadow Hawk -2D
Burke
Galleon

Mech Company:
Blackjack -1
Archer -2R
Valkyrie -QA
Javelin -10F

Assassin -21
Panther -9R
Dervish -6M
Whitworth -1

UrbanMech -R60
UrbanMech -R60
UrbanMech -R60
UrbanMech -R60

Armor Company:
Goblin x4
SRM carrier x4
Savannah Master x4

Air Support Wing:
Marten VTOL x6
Ferret VTOL x6
Lucifer -R15
Chippewa -W5
Corsair -V12

The battalion command lance really splits off, with the two mechs joining the mech company and the two vees joining the armor. That way each company is really 14-strong with independent command elements.
>>
>>45232011
MHQ 3.24 should have corrected the problems in 3.22 and 3.23.
>>
>>45232868
Maybe replace one or two of the urbies with locusts?
>>
>>45232995
Sounds like a good idea. I was inspired for the all-Urbie lance by the battle on Kathil in the 4th Succession War.
>>
>>45232945
Not that guy, but I hope you're right.

After playing a campaign in 3.23 for a dozen hours, every single save after a certain point fails to load and crashes MHQ. Apparently the save files themselves contain some sort of error which means I'd have to manually edit them (and I don't know what exactly is wrong) or just start completely over.

I'd rather not find out that this is an issue in 3.24 after another dozen hours in. Especially since setting up a new version takes quite a while in and of itself, what with transferring camos, fluff images, portraits, custom mech files, etc. and setting up the megamek and campaign options the way I like them.
>>
Speaking of AtB/MHQ, is there a way to use custom RATs for stuff?
>>
>>45230742
It's in one of the fileshares, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>45229810
What happened to
"The old /btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!"?
>>
>>45234695
Died just like /btg/ did
>>
>>45234695
We have new friends starting the threads. Probably main House Liao too.
>>
>>45234695
Somebody goofed the OP a while ago, and since people just copypasta the old OP blind for new threads, it got lost
>>
>>45234924
Nah, has to be one of the purple burds. You'd have to be a bird-brain to remove it, and nobody likes green or white burds.
>>
>>45234963
>>45234924
Plus, everyone knows there's no cap fans here, especially among the newfags.
>>
File: 1454598085012.png (425KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454598085012.png
425KB, 405x600px
>>45234963
>bird-brain
>>
>>45234977
>Plus, everyone knows there's no cap fans here, especially among the newfags.
Yeah.
Hell, a decent chunk of the newfags seem to pick periphery which basically means hating the capcon by default
>>
>>45235493
Periphery is fun so I can see why. What's funny is since the Jihad I've noticed most Taurian fans hate Liao more than Davion, and most Canopian fans hate Liao more than any other faction.

Funny how Xin Sheng makes everyone hate them.
>>
>>45235493
>Hell, a decent chunk of the newfags seem to pick periphery which basically means hating the capcon by default
Only if you restrict "periphery" to "TC and MoC" (you space racist), and even then a decent number don't give a fuck.

>>45234977
>>45235493
Probably because every single fucking thread there's some autist sperging about how the caps are the most favored faction and how their losses don't matter and how fiatfiatfiatfiatfiat, and that drives them away from the CC because they don't want to play the faction that everyone hates. Same reason a lot of people don't go with the fedsuns or clans, since they see a lot of hate for them bouncing around the internet (mostly by autists that can't remember it's a fucking game and calm the fuck down).
>>
>>45235596
Aw, is time outside your OF hugbox hurting your feewings anon?
>>
Post your merc units, AtB or tabletop
>>
>>45235780
>Going to the OF
>Ever
No, just annoyed at how frequently btg turns into a pointless "my faction is better than your faction" bitchfest (Just like the OF, but with more cursewords) instead of actually doing anything even slightly intelligent.

>B-but it's always been this wa-
No, two years ago we got maybe one bitchfest for every three threads. Now we get an average of two per thread. Actual discussion of the game itself has hit an all-time low, and half of the people that visit btg haven't actually played in months, if ever (according to that poll done a few threads back). It's now a simmering pissbucket of butthurt autists bitching about how [faction they don't like] has all the fiat and writer love, and they utterly ignore any evidence to the contrary. Mention the fedsuns/caps/whatever losing a war? Doesn't matter because [arbitrary measure of success]. Point out that the authors people bitch about favoring them don't work on the parts people are bitching about? Utterly ignored in order to keep feeling good about being angry about fictional bullshit.

This isn't even touching on how simply mentioning something affiliated with a faction (no matter how shitty) will cause full-on shitposts about how that faction sucks giant donky balls.
>>
>>45235493

Escorpion Imperio, motherfuckers.
>>
So does anyone know how tag works in megamek? I can't seem to fire it.
>>
>>45235001
Jade Flacon angry.jpg
>>
>>45236480
If you have anything that can use it (LRMs with Semi-Indirect ammo loaded, Homing Arrow IV), it will prompt you to fire it before the shooting phase begins, with a short "declare indirect attacks" phase. If you do NOT have any stuff that works with TAG, it will skip that phase, and you won't be able to fire it in the normal shooting phase (which is fine, since it literally can't do anything and costs you no BV when there's nothing that can take advantage of it).
>>
File: Badland Banshees.png (201KB, 1064x622px) Image search: [Google]
Badland Banshees.png
201KB, 1064x622px
>>45236100
I've got two, one from an ATB game, and the other that I just made using the MercSup rules for the hell of it.

The AtB unit is the Badland Banshees, who spend pretty much all their time killing pirates in the periphery. See pic for the TO&E for them.

The unit I rolled up with MercSup that I haven't touched is the Swordbreakers, a bunch of angry cap expats from the 4th succession war that decided to make their own merc unit, and have been doing about jack and squat in their attempts to hurt the fedcom ever since. TO&E:

Medium lance
>HBK-4G, Green (commander)
>VND-1R, Regular
>CN9-A, Regular
>GRF-Custom, Veteran

Pursuit lance
>PXH-1, Regular
>PXH-1, Green
>PXH-1, Green
>JR7-F, Regular

Bug Lance
>LCT-1E, Regular
>STG-3R, Regular
>WSP-1D, Regular
>WSP-1A, Green
>>
>>45237747
Thanks, that was very helpful.
>>
>>45236218

>Actual discussion of the game itself has hit an all-time low

Probably because actual new product releases have hit an all-time low. There's literally nothing new to talk about because we have no hard details on anything past 3145, ilClan is on seemingly permanent hold, the Succession Wars historicals won't have much new in them when they drop and the next major (and I used that word in a relative sense) series has switched from mini-TRs/XTROs to this Touring the Stars bullshit so that's not gonna give us much either.

Re-hashing old arguments is about all that's left, and some people really just love baiting and then blaming anyone who takes it for being the real shitposter. Plus, you know, 4Chan.

It is what it is. You can either bitch about it or try to make it better. I did the latter with WarShip articles, how are you going to contribute?
>>
>>45236218
Your bitching about other people bitching is way more obnoxious than what you're complaining about, and I see it with more frequency. Knock it off and the threads will immediately improve.
>>
>>45238209
Where'd you get the anime faces?
>>
>>45238566
Hey WarShip Article Guy, do you have any interest in doing a bit on corvettes?
Can't say why, but i've always liked the little bastards
>>
>>45238691
It's just what the version of MekHQ I used had loaded. Not sure how or why they were in there, they just were.
>>
>>45238566
>I did the latter with WarShip articles, how are you going to contribute?
I've been working on quick-play rules for people that want to run a campaign with others. They still need a bit of refinement, though.
>>
Where do you get the AtB portrait packs? Mine didn't come with em, and I'm kind of wanting them for future campaigns
>>
>>45238730

As a class there's a lot of variance in Corvettes. You've got stuff that are destroyers in all but name like the Fox, things that are too fast and fragile for their own good like the Inazuma or Zec, and things that are just plain dumb like the Vincent 39 and 42.

In general? They don't have the armour to hang with the big boys (Fox aside) so their primary use is in wiping out DropShips. They can tangle with other Corvettes (well, as long as the Corvette isn't a Fox, in which case give up and go home) one on one but taking down anything bigger means deploying them in numbers, which is a viable tactic if you're just playing the board game but nobody's had the ships to do that IC after the SLN. The Clan fleets spam Cruisers instead and their Corvettes are limited to the Vincent and the Fredesa any way. The Falcon WarShip we don't have stats for is named after a small bird of prey so I expect it to be a Corvette, possibly an attempt at what the Fredesa does but not as good.

I do plan on writing an article about a faster ship (I was thinking the Kirishima or Fredesa since those hve some other interesting elements) but I'm taking a bit of a break at the moment. I could feel my writing getting more and more self-congratulatory as I went, with less real meat to it. Ain't nobody want to read that shit.
>>
>>45236218
>No, two years ago we got maybe one bitchfest for every three threads.
Yeah, but two years ago those bitchfests would literally take the entire thread to die down AND we had to deal with trolls like Vroom completely shitting the place up.
>>
>>45239412
Which reminds me...it's Friday, I'm gonna post one of your WarShip write-ups. DESU I'm stringing them out so they last a bit longer.
>>
>>45239679
Fucking desu shit goddamn memes are crampin' my style.
>>
>>45239679

Go for it. The others should all work as "of the Week" articles unless they're gonna pitch a fit about the Conqueror one not covering the Kimagure and the McKenna one not covering the modified command ships like McKenna's Pride (which we have no stats for, only fluff) :P
>>
>>45236100
I have one, but it'd be a bit embarrassing to post; it's a bit cheesy and OP, though I didn't cheat it in, it's just that AtB is kinda easy
>>
>>45233876
Why not just make a folder that that's all it literally is, a repository for all your MM stuff? I've got one of those, and it's not like MM files take up a huge amount of space.

>setting up the megamek and campaign options the way I like them.
You... know you can copy your settings from the config folder, yeah?
>>
>>45239335
They're on Megamek's downloads page, at the bottom under the additional data section.
>>
>>45240154
Here we go: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=51052.new#new
Fuck that was long...formatting it took forever.
>>
>>45241269

I think the McKenna one is longer, so have fun with that.

That's what she said.
>>
>>45238566
>ilClan is on seemingly permanent hold
I've been out of the loop for a year or so. What's going on with ilClan these days?
>>
>>45242896

It's just been permanently pushed back.

I think they're gun-shy after the 3145 material. FedSuns fans literally went ape over the quality of their designs (which were competitive with what everyone else got, they just haven't had anything that's staggeringly good since the Warlord and Hammerhands of 3075 and nobody else has caught up with their '55/'58 haul any way, and they flipped their shit over not being top dog, there was a long and very vitriolic and now-deleted thread basically devoted to bashing Herb and blaming him for the FCCW and everything afterwards. I don't feel strongly one way or the other about Herb but even I think that was extreme bullshit. So I suspect that they're trying to figure out how to appease the Suns fans while dealing with the relative position of strength the Cappies and Dracs are in and figure out how to make the Bears the heroes of whatever arc is coming next that involves the Clans.

While they try and do that they're drip-feeding Primitive XTRs, Touring the Stars PDFs, and Succession Wars historicals. ilClan is gonna be the make-or-break moment for BT's future and they know it.
>>
>>45243097
They got the fucking Black Knight -5H, what the hell are they complaining about?
>>
>>45243097
>FedSuns fans literally went ape over the quality of their designs
No they didn't, don't exaggerate.
>there was a long and very vitriolic and now-deleted thread basically devoted to bashing Herb and blaming him for the FCCW and everything afterwards.
And there was really only one person shitposting there: Crunch. Everyone else was basically shouting him down.

I'm not saying your wrong, although I personally think they're seriously taking their time because the ilClan could mean a complete shift in the universe's dynamic and a major change with the rules...both which *would* be something that could cause a complete meltdown of the fanbase.
>>
>>45243097
Let's just hope they release the campaign companion sooner rather than later...
>>
>>45243293
How would it involve a major shift in the rules?
>>
>>45243293

>No they didn't, don't exaggerate.

There was extensive bitching about everything that had RE Lasers once the rules were released (I'll give them that, I wouldn't have been happy either), plus the Vulpes and Atlas III. And that was on top of the whining about their 3085 and Prototypes designs.

>And there was really only one person shitposting there: Crunch

And Rorke, and Alexander Knight, and a bunch of others. Crunch was definitely the worst but he was far from the only one.

>>45243250

Apparently it's too slow, too easy to kill, and too heavily BV'ed. I have no idea either, it's not like everyone else is suddenly swimming in killer designs and the Suns has been left in the dust. Even if their new designs haven't been *great* they've been on par with what everyone else has been getting, in line with the CGL mandate that nobody gets stupidly optimised stuff as canon designs any more aside from the Hellstar they were obliged to include.

And if they don't like the new stuff it's not like the Falconer, Penetrator, Warlord, Nightstar, Saggitaire, Devestator, Templar, or Phoenix/Phoenix Upgrades 'Mechs they got have been taken from them either. They really don't *need* any more really good shit until or unless everyone else catches up.
>>
>>45243097
>3145
>FedSuns get weird designs: bloodshed and screaming from certain fans
>Nova Cats put down brutally: quiet, bitter tears

Sometimes I really hate this game.

>>45243293
ilClan could mean a complete shift in the universe's dynamic and a major change with the rules...

The way the fans like change, well, I can see how they'd be hesitant. Especially if it's something we've all seen coming from miles off, but is poorly executed. Cause BattleTech doesn't have enough of a fractured fan base, does it?
>>
>>45243479
If ilClan means a dramatic change for the in-universe fluff (eg: homeworld clans come in and smash everything) it would be the perfect set-up for a time jump and a rules reset as technology improves. And since a refining of the rules has been hinted at before...this isn't a possibility I'm willing to dismiss just yet.

>There was extensive bitching about everything that had RE Lasers once the rules were released (I'll give them that, I wouldn't have been happy either), plus the Vulpes and Atlas III.
That's /btg/, not the main forums. And there's no way you can claim that /btg/ has a bunch of FedSun fans. Re-Lasers did spill over on the main forums as well, but most of the people who were being the most vocal about them were, once again, not FedSun fans.

>And Rorke, and Alexander Knight, and a bunch of others. Crunch was definitely the worst but he was far from the only one.
Rorke? C'mon, his response during the entire thing was "Suck it up, we're the underdogs now, it's gonna be fun." Knight complained once tops, but he's got his position to worry about - he can't run around bitching at every turn.
>>
>>45243479

Maybe he's expecting ilClan to timeskip 20-30 years. Or to be setting up the jump to 3250.

If ilClan doesn't result in a complete shift in the universe's dynamic I'd say the name is hella misleading since it's supposed to mean a Clan has conquered Terra, would have failed as a plot SB, and should have been replaced with ER 3150 and released alongside TR 3150 instead.

On the larger topic of a tech reset I don't know how I'd feel about that. You could reduce all the A/Cs to just -2/-5/-10/-20 calibres and allow them to use any specialty ammo, with the -2s and -5s able to use RAC rules and the larger two to Ultra fire but unjam, that sort of thing... it'd eliminate a lot of rules cruft and still allow tactical variation but it could also just result in a return to flat introductory tech and then "oh, hey look, LB-X A/Cs except they're called AutoShotguns now" a few SBs later.
>>
>>45243539
What's wrong with the Atlas III? Looks better than the Atlas II.
>>
>>45243682
>And since a refining of the rules has been hinted at before

In what way? What was said?
>>
>>45243786
I'd like to know as well, I asked this before and was smacked on the nose like I asked why auto cannon 20s were good.
>>
>>45243682

>That's /btg/, not the main forums.

No, the Feddies were out in force complaining about them too. BrianDavion (one of the most vocal and prolific Suns posters) literally ragequit the game after TR 3085 was published because too many (X)TRs had come out without really really good machines for the Suns. Complaints about RE lasers being shit were all over the place but were countered by Alex Knight and one of the other designers (jymset? It's been a while) who opined that either RE Lasers were great and the way his machine used them made them great respectively.

As for Alex, he does whine at every opportunity. You can see a few of them here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50035.msg1154977#msg1154977. Rorke may have initially softened his stance but not while I was reading the thread. The rest I'll leave alone to avoid escalating /btg/ vs OF shitflinging, but regardless of the specifics there were a lot of complaints and a lot of vitriol aimed at the authors/designers from a large number of Suns fans who felt hard done by.

To an extent I can understand their position, the game until the Jihad revolved around the Suns and they haven't been #1 with a bullet since then. On the other hand, they spent the better part of 100 IC years and 20 OOC years in first place, and it was stale. Things needed to change for the good of the game, but the way the Jihad and MWDA timeskip went down probably weren't the way to do it.
>>
>>45243786

Like the Black Knight, they seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding about how Shields work. They complain about the shields obscuring either the short-range armament or the long-range armament when in use, but that's the whole point. You cover the close-range weapons when you're at range and advancing, with the option to cover your ranged weapons if you close or the enemy does.

But mostly I think they see a 100-tonner with experimental Clan tech all over it and figure if the Suns was going to get a 'Mech like that it should have been an improved version of the Devastator instead, and are more irritated at what they might hypothetically have gotten not being what they actually were given.
>>
>>45243819
>In what way? What was said?
Ages ago Herb stated that there could be a jump to 3250, and there could be a rules reset to go along with it.

>>45243786
>>45243889
Some people don't like Assaults without holepunchers.

>>45243939
I'm not talking about 3085 though, I'm talking about 3145. If you look up the Vulpes on the main forums, you'll see that the majority of the people there love it (they even think it's good! amazing..). Ditto for the Atlas III.

>http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50035.msg1154977#msg1154977
I forgot about that shitshow, you've got a point there.

But yeah, I'll agree to not bringing the main forum into here any more than we've already done.
>>
>>45244077
Makes sense, I'll let slide if it offers something else but the Atlas III doesn't have even an option for one. I get it's a command mech and can throw a lot (assuming dice bless you) but it still seemed subpar to me in ways.

Streak LRM20 is fine nice, but swap a GR or something because it hurts more in a spot.

Whatever i'm drunk and cranky and like troopers.
>>
>>45244077

>I'm not talking about 3085 though, I'm talking about 3145.

Specifically about 3145, there were still some complaints. It's more that it's been an ongoing issue with each (X)TR after 3075, so it all starts to blur together.

With the Vulpes I honestly don't get the hate it attracts, it's a heavy cav design with the option of Stealth Armour use if it feels like it, since it's saving BV by using it rather than spending BV to get it. It's weird and it does require some finesse to use, but then the (Grand) Dragon, Quickdraw, and Lancelot are similar in that regard.

>Ages ago Herb stated that there could be a jump to 3250, and there could be a rules reset to go along with it.

People are hella twitchy after the timeskip from FM:U to the Dark Age setting and the rules changes from normal BT to the clicky game. I realise it's probably not what Herb was going for but in retrospect saying "we're working up a timeskipped setting with a new rule system" to BT fans is... I don't even know. Like walking into the Clan Grand Council chamber assfucking Aleksandr Kerensky's corpse and proclaiming you're the direct blood descendant of Stefan Amaris, created with in-vitro fertilisation in an iron womb using Nicholas Kerensky as your gene-mother.

The audience is gonna lose their shit, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>45244337
>People are hella twitchy after the timeskip from FM:U to the Dark Age setting and the rules changes from normal BT to the clicky game.

One of the good things (mostly good, some ill) with BTech is that it has had consistent rules for its entire run. Things have been refined and tweaked sure, but the basic core rules have remains mostly unchanged.

I just can't see them doing a dramatic shift in the rules base (technology base, sure, I could see that) as it would alienate all their fans and destroy their existing product lines.

I mean fuck, they've spent the better part of a decade getting from Total War to IntOps. Why throw that all away with a time jump?

I just can't see them pulling a GW with BTech, giving us an End Times style ass-pull and then suddenly BTech is now Age of Steiner.
>>
>>45245308

>I just can't see them doing a dramatic shift in the rules base (technology base, sure, I could see that) as it would alienate all their fans and destroy their existing product lines.

Honestly, if they do a major rules shift I think it would use Alpha Strike as a base. As someone who's experimented with AS (which was fucking godawful before the AS companion) but prefers normal BT rules that would be a turn-off for me. I understand they might do it to try and attract a new fanbase, but their odds of getting people from other franchises (40K, FOW, WarmaHordes, etc) to give it a go now are low after the collapse of WizKids. That's cast rather a pall over the game as a whole.

I'm also a bit crabby that they're devoting time and effort to AS instead of making more proper BT product, but all I can do is kvetch about it.

>Why throw that all away with a time jump?

The rule set is clunky and old. I like it but let's be honest it mostly appeals to people who got into gaming in the 80s and 90s. Games take too long and require too much book-keeping compared to other contemporary options and finding a game group is a lot harder than for more popular lines (again, 40K or WarmaHordes- I could literally walk into any game store or games club and be able to set up a game with an existing player. Not impossible to do that with BT but interest is a lot lower and existing players are far fewer).

I don't think we've hit a state where any kind of recovery is actually impossible, it's just that the MW/DA stuff was a near-fatal injury to game and CGL doesn't seem to know/care enough to/have the money to revive it. I'm pretty sure CGL going under or the liscence going to anyone else would be fatal.

So we sit and wait and hope for the best.

>Age of Steiner.

I wouldn't begrudge them that too much, they've spent the entire run time of the game being shat on to greater or lesser degrees to big up the Falcons and Suns depending on the era.
>>
>>45245712
As a Lyran boo no it won't happen.
I got into BT from the cartoon and DOS games so i'm a Steiner fag.

It's gonna get worse, we got rocked. It's sad the high point of us is...the cartoon :| Unless some fiat magic helps we are a dying faction, but to be fair cappies came from less to be strong as heck
>>
>>45245844
>but to be fair cappies came from less to be strong as heck
yes, but there's no lyran equivalent to coleman, so cyka
>>
>>45245913
Herb is a Lyran fanboi
>>
>>45245712
>Honestly, if they do a major rules shift I think it would use Alpha Strike as a base.

Then they're going to have to try harder as a company to support such a shift. That means either ditching IWM (or making IWM get their shit together with scale creep and product ranges) or Catalyst getting their shit together with plastic production (and scaled terrain).

Pretty difficult to push a miniatures-based game when your attitude towards miniatures has always been "Eh, whatever. Use coins if you want!".
>>
>>45245927
yeah, but he's not even close to coleman-tier
>>
>>45245927

Which he makes clear by having the Falcons get totally pwned by the Lyrans at every turn, having both the Wolf clans be their bitches, and BTFOing the FWL, amirite?

There's a difference between an author being a fan of a faction and being a fanboy of it. Herb is the former, he might like the Lyrans but he's not afraid of screwing them over in service of the greater plot. Coleman and Ben Rome are the latter, and everything magically goes the way of their favourite faction no matter how little sense it makes.
>>
>>45245913
>>45245927
>>45246006
>>45246039
alright lads, let's just leave this as it is and talk about something else

how about this:
Out of all the factions/units/characters that never got a novel, which would you like to see a novel about most?
>>
>>45246039
It's hilarious how everyone just assumes that Rome is to blame for everything Bear related.
>>
>>45246118
Back to my Lyranboo, Make Youngbloods more canon and more stories!

Sorry I like my faction, but not a snob at all it's not fun. I like the factions I do, and get shit on but it's all good fun.

inb4 trolling
>>
>>45245992

The whole thing with IWM is just bizarre, probably due to the FASA/Ral Partha thing and when the IP and rights were split up. Apparently CGL can skirt around it by making a limited amount of plastics due to stuff that was put in place for intro boxes, but if they were to try and make the whole line plastic-based IWM might be able to legally shut them down.

BT is a bit of a clusterfuck really. Nobody has enough money to recover the rights from IWM and Microsoft that they'd need to in order to consolidate and expand the game. Microsoft isn't going to go under any time soon but I guess we could hope that IWM is a bit shakey and has to unload the rights to remain solvent or that they fold completely.

BT's not completely screwed yet, it's just on life support. I'd estimate it only has a 2-5 year window for recovery before they have to acknowledge the inevitable though, product quality is in a steady downward spiral, the fanbase is fractured and fractious, they don't advertise the competition today is a lot different to what it was in the late 90s and early 2000s when they really needed to step it up a notch.
>>
>>45246118
>Out of all the factions/units/characters that never got a novel, which would you like to see a novel about most?
I want stackpole to write a few X-wing-style novels about OA fighter pilots
>>
>>45246125

He was around the top group for a long time before becoming a staffer. The Lev II and bringing Jellico (also a massive GB fan, I know him IRL) on board to help give the Bears some of the nastiest assault DSes/PWSes going and the Lev III are all pretty blatant too.

With the Bear it's less everything going their way Capellan style and more that they never make mistakes, just Leviathans. Any time they get involved in a fight they win it but mostly they just sit around.

>Out of all the factions/units/characters that never got a novel, which would you like to see a novel about most?

I'd have liked to see OPERATION: BULLDOG get covered, featuring one unit from the FWL, one unit from the Dracs, and the SLDF command liasons with Victor and Focht mentioned but never shown.
>>
File: Precentor Vorenus.png (101KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Precentor Vorenus.png
101KB, 240x240px
>>45230111
It is proper to praise Him.
>>
>>45246230
So you mean make it and throw out the canon?

Too soon?

Those were and the thrawn trilogy were only good EU.

I think it would be an interesting read but, rather unpopular I mean BT is about mechs.
>>
>>45246118
Call me strange, but I would LOVE something involving the Fire Mandrill kindraas. A novel or three, a campaign sourcebook, anything. I've always thought there could be some definitely unique perspectives explored within the Clan that everybody loves to hate (themselves included).
>>
>>45246444
>Those were and the thrawn trilogy were only good EU.
The "Han solo's pulp adventures" trilogy from like 1980 was pretty good, too.
Hand of thrawn duology was pretty good and a nice cap off to the old EU storyline, too
>>
>>45246444
>Those were and the thrawn trilogy were only good EU.

That's just nostalgia talking.
>>
>>45246904
Nah, they were objectively decent space action/adventure novels, and that's all a star wars novel needs to be
>>
>>45246904
Far from, and I saw ep 7 twice in 3d I liked it that much, EU was just shit over all.

ok so, why is there no serious hole puncher Orion?
>>
>>45246980
I'm not saying that you're wrong about them being good, only that idea that they were the -only- good things in the EU is a little silly.
>>
>>45246904

Not that non, but the Thrawn trilogy was actually pretty good sci-fi that happened to be set in the Star Wars universe. There were the occasional linked plot set that was also not bad but eventually it collapsed in a heap due to Yuuzhaan Vong (sp?) retardation and the need to make every antagonist more cunning and evil and every new superweapon bigger and dumber than before to keep the stakes at a level where the protagonists could reasonably be threatened. Making so much revolve around the Skywalker/Solo families didn't help either.

Stackpoles stuff is entertaining in a pulp sort of way but it's nowhere near the quality of Zhan's novels. Actually, if anons out there like Stackpole I'd recommend they have a look at Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan series, which is similarly easy to read but features characters who aren't carrying idiot balls or playing four-dimensional Xanatos roulette chess. Plus Miles Vorkosigan is totally fucking awesome, it's like someone min-maxed a social and tactical specialist and the GM played it straight.
>>
>>45246986
>ok so, why is there no serious hole puncher Orion

To balance the universe, as there's nothing that can seriously punch a hole in an Orion.

Those damned 'Mechs always seem tougher than they should be.
>>
>>45246986
>why is there no serious hole puncher Orion?
It always kinda seemed more a fire support/generalist design.to me, though s GR orion sounds pretty good to me
>>
>>45247045
>>45246986
>>45247047

There is a GR Orion though, the ON2-M. Also the Orion IIC.

The IIC probably isn't what you were looking for and the ON2-M was retconned in so I understand why they're being overlooked, BTW.
>>
>>45247047
Yea it is but I think at least one GR is not only flavor.
>>
>>45246986
There is one with a HGR.
>>
>>45247110
>the ON2-M was retconned

???
>>
>>45247220

It's from RS: U and didn't get dated in until like 3050U as a '63ish design. Not that it wasn't canon, but like a lot of designs that improve on the shitty stuff from 3050 people were still lumbered with it didn't appear for a while OOC.
>>
>>45246118
I want a space western about a colonial marshal hunting a gang of mech bandits across the periphery. At some point, he runs into a davion lawman who's chasing the same gang and they end up having to work together to beat the bandits in the final battle. Along the way, they team up with an outworlds fighter pilot turned tramp freighter captain and a runaway clanner who's moved to the periphery to escape the clan lifestyle
It'd be great
>>
>>45247219
One and lets be honest HGRs aren't too hot.
>>
>>45247663
Upon inspection, it was an iHGR.

ON-3MX best Orion
>>
>>45246118
Knights of the Inner Sphere REMOVING CLAN.

[ROKI VULOVIC MUSIC INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>45248742
I think you mean KotIS HONORABLY DEFEATING CLAN
>>
>>45248773
But then I can't use my list piloted by a variety of Serbian war heroes to game out the battles.
>>
>>45248887
if you fall to such depths as idolizing cowards such as those, you are unworthy of the knights anyhow
>>
>>45248900
What if I use Bosnians?
>>
Looking on the OF, I saw mention of clan Elstars.

What the hell are they?
>>
>>45249440

Nobody knows.

ElStars are supposed to be Elite Rising Stars made with superior genes and maybe more physically different to "normal" members of their phenotypes, but how they're made and what they're doing is a lot less clear.
>>
File: Elstars.png (268KB, 997x935px) Image search: [Google]
Elstars.png
268KB, 997x935px
>>45249440
Clanners toying with the idea of going harder on the bioengineering. See screencap from the forgotten book of Era Report: 3145
>>
>>45249440
I can't explain. They mentioned it in ER3145 and never talked about it again
>>
>>45249440
one of those many little plot threads that don't go anywhere
>>
Fun Fact! Adding an Interface Cockpit to a Kuma 3 frees up enough room to add Primitive TSM! This means you have a mech that can jump 10 and then headcap with it's punches.

Behold the Kung-fu PandaKuma
>>
>>45250197
>This means you have a mech that can jump 10 and then headcap with it's punches.

And then burst into flames?
>>
>>45250242
Only if they bring anti-TSM gas.
>>
>>45250197
Prototype TSM, not primitive.
And yeah, I think I might know a thing or two about that
>>
>>45250242
>>45250281
i've always kind of wondered why the IS never bothered using "original recipe"TSM against the clans; it's not like they'd know about the gas, and a mech getting hot and suddenly being able to swing a hatchet as a CQC weapon to surpass CERPPCs would be a bit of a great big fucking surprise against the clans
>>
>>45250429

OOC reason: It had no rules, only fluff.

IC reason: Refitting their stuff with normal tech was already hard enough, and God help them if the Clans figure out the gas. The Wolves at least would know about that.

Also, good luck living long enough to get into physical combat against the Clans.
>>
>>45250473
The IC reason is really that the stuff has some nasty mods to maint rolls.
>>
File: Toguro.jpg (200KB, 610x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Toguro.jpg
200KB, 610x1000px
>>45249530
>Elstar Elemental
>>
>>45243250
It'd not bad, but IMO it's not worth the BV, which...makes it kinda bad.

>>45244337
I think a lot of people don't realize that the stealth actually makes the BV cheaper

>>45245712
>I'm also a bit crabby that they're devoting time and effort to AS instead of making more proper BT product, but all I can do is kvetch about it.

My understanding is that a lot of this is to get around copyright and licensing issues
>>
>>45246118
Ice Hellions

>>45247039
>Miles Vorkosigan series

mah nigga

>>45248742
This too
>>
File: Orion 2Q.png (40KB, 648x941px) Image search: [Google]
Orion 2Q.png
40KB, 648x941px
>>45246986
>ok so, why is there no serious hole puncher Orion?
Did someone say Gauss Orion?
>>
Oh, and on the whole Davion thing:

I get why some of them are mad about the metaplot. Their faction is really built up as being the best in the IS at war, they have a very good professional military, a whole general staff to run things even if the First Prince is incompetent, etc etc. And then they get fucked over HARD by the fiat - no other word for it - required to make things even remotely plausible. Except IMO, it doesn't make it plausible, it makes it even worse. It's better to have the other powers up their game instead of bashing the Davions in the head until they're retarded and then letting two other guys have a go at them.

I don't really give a crap about the for good or ill, except that they make Cappies mad. But in reading the DA material, I just had to shake my head at how bad everything around it was. Maybe all this is explained in the novels, I don't know.

It would be like if the Combine suddenly decided to become pacifist just in time for the Bears to win without losses.

I agree the setting needed a shakeup, I just think it was handled poorly.
>>
>>45252175
>My understanding is that a lot of this is to get around copyright and licensing issues

How so?
>>
>>45252244

The biggest issue is *how much* better they made the Suns than everyone else. Whether it's at tech, tech deployment, military skill on the logistical, tactical, strategic or individual level, and how good their designs are compared to everyone else even in 3145.

They're just *so much* better in every regard that the only way to tone them down was to literally make them retarded so most of those advantages were suddenly taken away. If they were allowed to be as good as they're written to be all the time and didn't make incredibly derpy mistakes there'd be no way for them to lose.

I really don't think Suns fans realise how good they had it. They'll often be like "yeah buy you guys have design X, I wish we had that" or "but what about unit Y, they're badass and I wish we had someone like that" while seemingly forgetting their massive back catalogue of designs in all weight classes that are better than whatever they're saying they wish they had or how the Davion Brigade and a lot of their RCTs are specifically mentioned as shitting on everyone else from a great height (and thanks to the power creep in the FM series having special rules that back this up).

I just wish they hadn't made such a massive power gap between the Suns and everyone else in the first place, but that horse has bolted.

DA fiction in general is bad. Most of the time if a character isn't insane, they're a rapist. Because muh grimdark was popular back then and shit.
>>
>>45252374

The miniatures, probably. They're allowed to do a certain amount of plastics. However the money going into plastics could be going into other things and the time spent making and testing the rules could have been used on IntOps.
>>
So of the xotl or neoancient RATs, which are considered better and why?
>>
>>45232011
>Should I be using 3.24 or 3.21?

I've been using 3.21 without any problems and I recommend you do so as well. They are focusing now on just making a stable version in coming months which should be fine as well when that comes out.
>>
>>45252424
>DA fiction in general is bad
DA fiction in general is not worse than old novels
They are bad? Of course! But so is any other BT book. Game books are literally the nerd version of 50 shades of gray: no depth, only dumb fun
>>
>>45253429
>DA fiction in general is not worse than old novels
They pretty much are though.
>>
>>45253429

In terms of technical writing skill, the quality is not meaningfully worse. Arguably better than old novels.

It's just that the subject matter really sucks. There's Xin Sheng II: Electric Boogaloo, several different flavours of insanity, several flavours of rape, and plot threads that were left dangling for years on end while MW/DA was still a going concern and which we might get some answers to in another year or so.

I'd rather read Star Lord or Far Country than any of Coleman's Capellan fap-fests or Ilsa Bick's "they're COMPLEX and DEEP characters because they're crazy and they rape people!" shit any day of the week.
>>
>>45253470
Except they aren't, unless you honestly think books like Wolves in the Border have any literature value. I never understood this meme, licensed books will never be anything more than "passable"

This is like saying McDonald's is good while Burger King isn't. They are literally the same shit thing
>>
>>45253573
>"everything is shit" meme
ok
>>
>>45253627
At least in regards to BT novels, he's right. They ARE all crap, at least reading them again. As a teenager with no taste I loved them, but these days they're painful.
>>
>>45253737
That's beside the point, but it's a subjective issue anyway.
>>
File: 1453693168141.png (920KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453693168141.png
920KB, 1280x720px
what's your favorite snek faction?
>>
>>45253573
>Wolves on the Border

Nigga, U wot m8?

Of all the goddamn books you could have chosen, of all the Stackpolian nightmares and Xin Sheng fapfiction and HERE BE SCOTS bullshittery, the one book you pick for an example is the only objectively decent stand-alone book in the entire fucking novel range?
>>
>>45254400
it was probably a poor attempt at b8
>>
>>45254400
Yes, he chose it specifically because he knows that lots of people like it, so it makes a wonderful example of how much smarter than the rest of is he is when he calls it shit.
>>
How difficult would it be to upgrade a primitive-tech mech factory to produce introtech machines?
>>
>>45253912
Steel Vipers had the best "decline" and death of any faction in this setting. I can only hope Malvina will be able to pull off half that level of shit before she dies/is deposed.
>>
>>45252192
>Captain Lazic, 1st Knights of the Inner Sphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFsM4T7OP2A
>>
>>45253912
STEEL VIPER, SURAT

BONDSREF YOURSELF, MY MAN
>>
>>45256395
not that difficult; randis, froncs and calderon protectorate all managed it without much difficulty
>>
>>45258324
wtf did I just watch.
>>
>>45259401
Roki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBCwK0LYA8&list=PLmiuf9JPl9LZIKJXZc_Ic9e2-GDi3yL39&index=6
>>
>>45229810
Against The Bot pastebin has expired.
>>
>>45259934
So can you translate what this would be for burgers. Is this like God Bless the USA from greenwood or whoever.
>>
>>45260287
More Der Fuhrer's Face. Wartime propaganda music.
>>
Design challenge:
Good 3050 refits for mechs that didn't get them.
Also, 3050-era merc field refits.
>>
>>45261327
>Good 3050 refits for mechs that didn't get them.

So...a new TRO 3050?
>>
Are there any good BTR or BMP equivalents or will I have to use customs?
>>
>>45261630
I meant mechs that didn't get a 3050 upgrade AT ALL
>>
>>45262206

Sorry, I thought you meant Mechs that "didn't get a good 3050 upgrade". My mistake.
>>
>>45262254
Yeah,I could have worded it better
>>
>>45261848
>Are there any good BTR or BMP equivalents or will I have to use customs?
Tactically, the Goblin IFV is actually a pretty good match, but it is tracked. You could just use them as APCs (BT machineguns are basically sawed-off smoothbore 12.5-20mm cannon), or you could rip a ton of ammo out of a Demon for an infantry compartment if you're a serious BMP-fag.
>>
>>45262639
I made a BMP-alike that uses a LAC-5 and Thunderbolt-5 in turret.
>>
>>45252698
Given that Xotl's gets reposted here on request, and I've never even heard of the other guy... Gee, I wonder what sort of responses you might get.
>>
>>45253571
It's not just that the subject matter is meaningfully worse, it's also that for the first third or so of the DA novel line, most of the author's didn't know battletech from a bunghole. They were completely uninformed about the universe and how it worked. This is how we get shit like cartwheeling mechs.
>>
File: 5061601.jpg (111KB, 316x432px) Image search: [Google]
5061601.jpg
111KB, 316x432px
>>45264793
>9.1
Ooh, a new version I didn't know about. Thanks!
>>
Besides the Black Thorns, were there any other Northwind Highlander offshoots?
>>
>>45266541
The Royal Black Watch, which also predates the Northwind Highlanders, the Star League, and current day.
>>
From recent stuff in the IRC: Design Challenge: a Drac Medium for the Dark Age.
>>
>>45267671
should we include some traditional drac lousyness or?
also, what level of clantech is acceptable
(I don't know a ton about the DA)
>>
>>45267748
Since I called for it, no, it shouldn't be a shitbox. Also, assume it's made before the Clan tech bonanza.
>>
>>45267829
alright then
time for an updated shad-K
>>
>>45267845
It already exists. I just want something different.
>>
>>45267880
fug
>>
File: HK2H.png (89KB, 584x736px) Image search: [Google]
HK2H.png
89KB, 584x736px
>>45267671
>>
What's the most cost-effective unit in the game, in terms of C-bills VS performance?
>>
>>45268428
Probably some cheap, shitty-ass tank.
>>
>>45268428
Savannah Master. Less than 100K C-bills a pop.
>>
>>45268428
Probably a gun trailer full of gauss rifles
>>
>>45254481
>>45254400
recommend me an opfor if i were to run Cut Off the Head from TP: Misery with the dragoons forces listed (Hard Mode: Command Lance must include a Dragon, Panther, Jenner, and an Ostroc (Michi));

Alpha Regiment Command Lance
ARC-2W, 1/2, 2977 BV
MAD-3R, 1/2, 3053 BV
HER-2S, 1/2, 1756 BV
VTR-9B, 1/2, 3087 BV

Fraser's Company Command/Fire Lance
SHD-2H, 1/2, 2383 BV
GRF-1N, 1/2, 2849 BV
TBT-5N, 2/3, 2167 BV
OTT-7J, 2/3, 1084 BV
>>
I wish I just saved a screen shot playing megamek with buddy. Crud 4k killed his WHOLE lance.
>>
>>45269666
Open up the gamelog.html in the logs folder, take screenshots
>>
>>45269706
Awesome thanks!
>>
been listening to C&C soundtrack and i am like. What would Kane do if was in btech.

some downtrodden chaos marcher just tired of the houses fucking his shit up.
>>
>>45270163

Kane is pretty much WoB + Society rolled into one.

Genetics, cybernetics, mutagens and viruses all together.
>>
>>/k/28815886
Post light tank designs
>>
hey guys, I just had an idea.
everybody currently ITT post a lance of mechwarriors and their mechs, either from your own campaigns or fresh for this thread, and I'm gonna take them all and throw them into my campaign as a merc unit for my PCs to run into

the year is 3062. faction background ain't important, mechs and tanks are both fine
>>
Are there rules for infantry firing from their transport?
>>
/gerg/ on /vg/ directed me here

I have basic knowledge of the Battletech universe. What are the bestest novels that take place in it?
>>
>>45271520
yeah ok

Hauptmann Jürgën Schlässënpïk 3/5
Hauptmann A

1st Leutnant Rüdölfë Mÿrëmäüzë 4/6
Zeus ZEU-9S2

Leutnant Märdër Stïërmän 4/5
Archer ARC-5S

Leutnant Krützë Müllër 4/6
Zeus ZEU-6S
>>
>>45274150
Wolves on the Border is generally regarded as the best novel.
>>
>>45274150
wolves on the border
the warrior trilogy
the gray death trilogy
the camachos caballeros trilogy
that one lewdfic NEA posted about the canopian interrogation

its all shit though
all of it
except for that dirty, dirty porn
>>
>>45274515
>except for that dirty, dirty porn
nah, especially the porn.
it says a few things, none of them complementary about the battletech fanbase when a suggestion of battlettech lewds gets war crimes that folks should be shot for and promised but never delivered incest pornography and not a thing else
>>
>>45274615
>battlettech lewds gets war crimes that folks should be shot for

/btg/ LIKES war crimes though. That's called "writing for your audience".

Keep your damn moralfaggotry off my fetishes while you're at it. Corruption is hot, and if it's not at least a little forced, then it's not really corruption when they give in.

>>45274150
Wolves on the Border, Caballeros trilogy, and Gray Death trilogy are all solid choices. I'd put the Jade Phoenix trilogy on the list as well if you're at all interested in the Clans; the series gave us the first real look into Clan society and how it operates on a day-to-day level.

I actually also recommend Star Lord, Far Country, and Ideal War. All three are terrible "Battletech" novels. However, Star Lord is actually a decent portrait of an RPG campaign gone mildly off the rails. Far Country is actually a pretty interesting sci-fi novel that is only incidentally connected to the Battletech universe. Ideal War is Vietnam in Space...but it's the only novel to real get into the psychological effects Mechs have on their pilots and their opposition. The game fluff states that this psychological impact is a good chunk of the reason why people use Mechs in the first place, but it's never really dwelt on in any of the novels...except Ideal War.
>>
>>45274615

>implying any fanbase from any other faction would do anything else
>>
File: 1421361664442.jpg (5MB, 3996x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1421361664442.jpg
5MB, 3996x2160px
>>45274854
>they wouldn't
>but nobody else had the balls to write one, so they can feign moral superiority in the absence of evidence to the contrary
>>
>>45274150
You should avoid the novels and read the lore in encyclopedic format, primarily from TRO's and rulebooks.

There's literature, there's bad literature, there's bad fanfiction, there's john ringo literature, and then there's BT novels. Libraries in hell are stocked with only John Ringo and BT novels.
>>
File: 1454779129942.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1454779129942.webm
3MB, 500x280px
>>45274150
Try reading the Warrior Trilogy first. If you like that, go into "Wolves on the Border," and then the Blood of Kerensky trilogy.

My favorites are in the Twilight of the Clans series, namely the Gressman books. In my opinion they're the best in the whole of the BT series of novels.
"The Hunters," "Sword and Fire," and "Shadows of War." Best written, most entertaining.
But then you may as well read the entirety of the Twilight of the Clan series, starting with "Exodus Road."

Steer clear of the FedCom Civil War novels by Coleman, they're shit.
The MechWarrior book "Imminent Crisis" is surprising decent, and gives us our only real look at a non-cartoony Hasek.

Also this: >>45274849

Might just add these to the OP in some form in the future so new players can find their answers quickly.
>>
File: Kaskara KSK-0.png (39KB, 601x660px) Image search: [Google]
Kaskara KSK-0.png
39KB, 601x660px
>>45271402
Here you go.

>>45271520
>Poe's Poets
Poe's Poets started when Cpl. Alan Poe was honorably discharged from Davion service after losing his arm in a sortie against raiders close to Taurian space. Medical personnel attempted to fit him with a cybernetic arm, but he suffers from a rare autoimmune disease that leaves him unable to accept artificial limbs and organs, so he was given a stipend and removed from service with honors. He used this stipend, as well as his personal savings and some smooth-talking to secure himself a quartet of Po tanks, upgraded with Heavy FF armor and LB 10-X main guns. His missing arm does not prevent him from being an excellent tank commander, and he has been able to recruit Dispossessed from every barroom and back alley across the Taurian border. His men love him as long as he keeps the beer and the money flowing, and that he does in spades. Hell, they'd love him without the money most likely; he's a charming guy. The Poets usually take garrison jobs, since the Pos are not really suited to much else, but each tank has several kill hashes painted on the barrel; there is no end to the number of pirates in Bugs that feel the need to test the Poets' aim.

Command Po "Shotgun Sally"
>Cpl. Alan Poe, Commander
>Alma Ives, Gunner
>Gerald Rhodes, Driver
>Sam "Boozehound" Gates, Radio/Loader

Po Tank, "Rumblin' Rage"
>Carl Goddard, Commander
>Liam O'Maley, Gunner
>Peggy "Whiteon" Rice, Driver
>Olsen "Tiny" Biggs, Radio/Loader

Po Tank, "Saving Grace"
>Grace Thompson, Commander
>Bobby Kien, Gunner
>Farrah "Good Time" Hornsby, Driver
>Alvin "Chipmunk" Zkorski, Radio/Loader

Po Tank, "8 Ball"
>Frank "Cho" Liu, Commander
>Horace "Gumby" Gumbel, Gunner
>Samuel Keates, Driver
>Constance "Bulldozer" Hill, Radio/Loader

Just thought these folks up; might use them myself, to be honest.
>>
>>45275715
Oops, you said 3062 and my brain read that as 3082. Not a problem, just change the HFF to regular FF.
>>
File: Vipers and Raptors.png (175KB, 2776x1848px) Image search: [Google]
Vipers and Raptors.png
175KB, 2776x1848px
To go along with the Jupiters and Mercurys I posted before, here are the Vipers and Raptors.

I might put the Cylon shit up tomorrow depending on how bored I get. I'll need to re-stat everything, it was on my old laptop and it's very, very dead.
>>
>>45276796
I am the Viper, I'm here to Vipe and Vwash the Vwindowns
>>
>>45274849
>muh fetishes

You're the worst kind of man
>>
>>45274849
I never read Star Lord or Far Country, but Ideal War was so terribly written that I wasn't even able to make it halfway through. Recommending that piece of shit should be considered a war crime on its own.
>>
File: 1449539985532.png (400KB, 834x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1449539985532.png
400KB, 834x1140px
Battlebump
>>
>>45274615
>it says a few things, none of them complementary about the battletech fanbase
Nah, that's just the fact that /btg/ is primarily comprised of/tg/ people, who are well known for their nasty fuckin magical realms; the standard formula here is basically atrocities+chicks=fetish; I honestly bet dollars to donuts that if you came up with a straight version of fuckin bacha bazi these fucks would love it .
The >muh fetish crowd are the worst fucking thing about /tg/, they're like /pol/ or 40kids or furfags in that they have to stick their shit in everything and ruin it
For completely related reasons, the magistracy is objectively the worst faction in battletech; they're literally a Magical Realm that's just showered in good fortune at all times because they get people's cocks going
>>
>>45274213
I think you just hit peak lyran
>>45275715
That's really good, thanks.

Anyone else for the /btg/ battalion?
>>
>>45281462
Yeah, give me 5 and I'll have something
>>
For the hell of it, I have decided to run a highly accurate simulation of the Superb Owl by having a Hell's Horses vs Smoke Jaguar fight, with both sides controlled by Princess in the interest of fairness. As such, I need two 30k BV lists, one for each. Now, I COULD make these lists myself, but I feel it would be more fun to ask /btg/ to make four 15k clan lists (two horse, two jag), and then see how horribly fucked up the result is.
>>
>>45282001
11 units to a side, of course?
>>
>>45282247
Yes, one proper star and one that has an extra point tagging along.
>>
Besides vedettes and scorpions, what are a cheap but useful tank that a poor merc company would use in significant numbers in the late succession wars?
>>
>>45282453
I'd say the Po, but the Caps always played that one close to the chest.
The Goblin is definitely one you'd want. The Hetzer is a good one too.
Mostly, I'd expect to see a lot of hovers filling the force out, along with maybe an LRM/SRM carrier or two.
>>
>>45282453
Bulldog
Saracen/Scimitar/Saladin
Condor
Goblin
Hetzer
Hunter
Maxim
Pike
Striker
[Weapon] Carrier
>>
>>45282748
Po is too late, IMO. Enters service after the 4SW. But they don't keep it close to the chest at all, it's for sale to practically everyone not the FedCom.
>>
>>45281462
1st Leutnant Lars Jensen
Starslayer STY-3C

Sergeant Willis Robertson
Bushwacker BSW-S2

Sergeant Ellard Jones
Nightsky NGS-5T

Corporal Hanz Schmidt
Spector SPR-5F

Stay Lyran Stronk my friends
>>
>>45282453
Plainsman
Pegasus
Harasser
>>
>>45282453
The plainsman is actually a fairly decent fast-attack hovertank and is supposed to be rather common among mercs
>>
>>45282812
>for sale to practically everyone not the FedCom.
So everyone that's not important?
>>
>>45282812
>not the FedCom.
That's 2/5ths of the IS
>>
File: 1453341639522.jpg (277KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453341639522.jpg
277KB, 1800x1200px
>>45282828
>Bushwacker
fug yes
>>
>>45283811
>omi kurita is introduced to traditional davion foods.hpg
>>
>>45271520
Medron's Pride
>Taurian expatriates that went to Outreach to follow the path of mercenaries. Never cease to let people know how great their homeland is, or challenge lesser-literate nationals to reading contests. They claim their rides are decades old and home-built.

Hatchetman HCT-3F
>"One-eye" King 4/4

Commando COM-2D
>Angela "Tracker" Sullivan 4/5

Rommel tank
>Bonnie "the Gambler", Commander
>Dawn "Shooter" McDonald, Gunner/Engineer
>Pat "the Rustler", Driver

Patton tank
>Hazel "Loner Gravedigger" Hoffman, Commander
>Irma Lawrence "the Scalphunter", Gunner/Engineer
>Joann "High Noon" Lane, Driver
>>
>>45282001
Just do 11v11 Elemental points.

And post results.
>>
THERE IS NO GOD BUT THE COMMANDER AND BRADFORD IS HIS PROPHET
>>
File: football.png (323KB, 547x432px) Image search: [Google]
football.png
323KB, 547x432px
>football in the 31st century
>>
>>45287475
who is winning?
>>
>>45287562
The Broncos have more dead, but they're closer to the goal line.
>>
>>45287593
BRONCO TOUCHDOWN
>>
File: BRONCOS WIN.png (56KB, 445x525px) Image search: [Google]
BRONCOS WIN.png
56KB, 445x525px
>>45287593
AND THE BRONCOS WIN
Though at the cost of most of their linemen. RIP.
>>
>>45284577
Rommel/Pattons only have a crew of 3?
>>
>>45287821
Yeah, I double checked with TRO 3025 (Revised)
>>
>>45287878
Huh. I figured at that weight they'd have a crew of 4, since when I make tonks that weight in SAW they demand a crew of 4. I supposed I'd have to do some digging as to why. Or stop using SAW I guess; there is that new megamek lab thing.
>>
>>45287821
>>45287940
i figure they've got an autoloader, so it's just commander/radioman, gunner, driver
>>
>>45287940
>crew determined by weight rather than weapons
REEEE
>>
>>45287962
Could be. I honestly don't know.

>>45288393
Is that how that works? I honestly have no idea vees are a new thing to me design-wise.
>>
>>45288438

>Is that how that works?

Yup.

Other things like Small Craft and DSes and so on are determined by weihgt and weapons though.
>>
>>45288516
Okay, well SAW does it by weight it seems because I just scratch-built a Rommel and it insists the crew is 5. Maybe I should switch to MML, though I recall it not being perfect either.
>>
File: 07b.jpg (49KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
07b.jpg
49KB, 500x384px
>>45244337

>Like walking into the Clan Grand Council chamber assfucking Aleksandr Kerensky's corpse and proclaiming you're the direct blood descendant of Stefan Amaris, created with in-vitro fertilization in an iron womb using Nicholas Kerensky as your gene-mother.

oh my god my sides is there a draw-fag in the house because the mental image of this is just hilarious as fuck to me.
>>
>>45288861
>Ostroc 2016
Better than every other candidate in every way.
>>
>>45288661
What they mean is that's how the construction rules do it. SAW has issues since it's alpha, but it is correct.

The discrepancy of the Rommel is because vehicle crew numbers were never accounted for in construction pre Techmanual, because it didn't matter to the game, and even now, unless playing with specific TacOps rules, it still doesn't.
>>
File: t2fVHPF.jpg (4KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
t2fVHPF.jpg
4KB, 125x120px
Dante article next thread.

Was going to be a Kirishima or Fredesa article, but looking at the Kirishima it was like "Hahaha, NACs" which was the Conqueror's article in a nutshell except the Kirishima is almost twice as fast. The Fredesa one would have just been "Pray to whatever deities you hold dear you survive long enough to get into someone's Aft arc with your NAC/40" which were both boring.

Dante is at least more interesting.
>>
>>45288915
> voting ostroc instead of its superior brother, ostsol
Literally worse than hitler
>>
>>45290183
Don't you see? These partisan politics are tearing the country apart!

Which is why you should vote for the third party candidate, Ostscout.
>>
>>45244337
>With the Vulpes I honestly don't get the hate it attracts

It's a logistical anomaly, nothing else I field is using Stealth Armor, so I gotta stock a whole 'nother armor type for the special snowflake in the corner. Also Stealth Armor + XXL Engine means you're generating 12-16 heat for doing nothing but moving.

It's too slow to keep up with the FedSuns fast movers, and it's too fast to be weighed down with the FedSuns heavies. It's not strong enough to field a whole lance of them, and I'd rather have recieved Nothing, than the Vulpes. At least then I don't have this expensive boondoggle eating a spot on my RAT.
>>
So, I'm back from grorious Nippon (found no BT books there). I see IO came out, and someone keeps hacking the forums. Other than that, what did I miss?
>>
>>45290451
>Also Stealth Armor + XXL Engine means you're generating 12-16 heat for doing nothing but moving.
If you keep the stealth (which is actually giving you a 74 BV discount compared to using standard armor) on, then yes.
>>
>>45290624
Not much, standard /btg/ over here.
Have a good time in Japan?
>>
>>45290624
While you were gone, the CapCon was retconned so Xin Sheng never happened, everyone abandoned the FedSuns realizing that they're boring, Nova Cats have become the fan favorite clan of choice, Taurian Concordat can build CERPPCs, 3250 came out and it just resets everything to renamed and refluffed L1 tech, Stackpole is the new linedev, and Harmony Gold went bankrupt so all the unseen are canon again.
>>
>>45290451

>It's a logistical anomaly, nothing else I field is using Stealth Armor

The Suns actually has a reasonable selection of Stealth Armoured machines by the time the Vulpes is out. I just think people aren't paying much attention to what the MUL is saying about stuff produced by other factions that the Suns has in 3145.

The heat thing has already been covered, it's providing a BV discount for you thanks to the Offensive BV reduction that you don't need to be using. If you are using it you can volley fire.

>It's too slow to keep up with the FedSuns fast movers

And yet it goes fine with their other 5/8s, which they have a lot of.

>It's not strong enough to field a whole lance of them

Nigga what. 5/8(10) movers with paired Clan ER Large Lasers aren't strong enough to use together? Especially when they can Stealth and have their opponents firing on them at up to +10 between range and movement from 12-15 hexes or so while firing back at +4?

The Vulpes does require a bit more finesse than most of the Suns' arsenal which are either backstabbing specialists or turret tech monstrosities, but it's still not a bad design. Certainly not as bad as you're making out, any way.
>>
>>45290817

Are any of these supposed to be bad?
>>
So, how does one gain access to this magical game known as Battletech? Is there a lore-primer? Maybe a starter set?

Also, how complex are the rules? I can grok things fairly well, I just wanna know if I'm getting into "Spreadsheets: The Gaming".
>>
>>45290740

It was pretty awesome. A month is too long to be continually hopping trains and moving from place to place, but there was so much whisky.

>>45290817
Man, again?

I'm pretty happy that RE Lasers got better and the Viral Jammer got worse; I pushed for both. What's the general thought on the new LAM rules? After the storm they initially generated, things seem pretty quiet, which makes me hope that people are at least content with them now.
>>
>>45290290
> Ostscout
> voting for something that sports a single, solitary medium laser as its sole armament (and that's when it's armed at all)

It's like you want the terrorists to win.
>>
>>45291106

Things are pretty quiet on the OF as far as LAMs go because they're afraid of the LAM banhammer landing on them.

I think they err too much on the side of power for LAMs. Turn modes do help prevent egregious exploits of their movement range, but if you have a good enough pilot they become a non-factor and you're back to square one. Most canon LAMs are zipping around at 18/27 and customs are pure bullshit at 21/32+. Partial Wing heat sinking makes sense (but then raises the spectre of why ASFs and Conventional fighters don't get bonus heat dissipation) too.

I think if they reduced their movement in AM mode to X2 Jump for cruise they'd be about perfect.

I am now donning my asbestos suit, so flame away.
>>
>>45290902
I agree with everything you said here, but the only thing I'd add is that the Vulpes is *extremely* expensive for a 60-ton 'Mech. That does make it somewhat difficult to field and to use effectively.

>>45291029
There is both a starter set and a lore primer. The lore primer is usually on BattleTech's home website...but they're in the middle of getting hacked so I wouldn't really recommend wandering over there. Check out sarna.net instead.

As for the rules, they're complex, but not spreadsheets complex. Well...unless you want to run a detailed campaign with a mercenary command, but luckily we have programs for that kind of stuff now.
>>
>>45291499
> I agree with everything you said here, but the only thing I'd add is that the Vulpes is *extremely* expensive for a 60-ton 'Mech. That does make it somewhat difficult to field and to use effectively.

So what? Just because something is expensive doesn't make it any more difficult to use. You just can't plop it down and expect it to win the battle just by alpha striking every round like fedrats are used to. That's not "difficult," that's just what everyone else has had to deal with for decades.
>>
>>45291499
>I agree with everything you said here, but the only thing I'd add is that the Vulpes is *extremely* expensive for a 60-ton 'Mech. That does make it somewhat difficult to field and to use effectively.
I don't think anyone has any arguments against it being expensive and needing care to use, just about the effectiveness of it when used right.
>>
>>45291609
By difficult to use, I mean difficult to use as part of a larger 6-10k BV game where its hight cost puts more weight on its shoulders. Its very functional, I'm not denying that in the slightest.
>>
>>45291201

Question: if you're putting the kind of 2/2 or better pilot into a LAM to make it as good as you say, what's the BV for that unit? Because by my count, the really good WoB LAM ends up at something a lot like a 7K BV unit (remember, you have to buy BOTH ASF and Mech P/G scores).

I'm OK with a 7K BV unit being ludicrously good. Because it's a fucking SEVEN THOUSAND BV UNIT.
>>
>>45291614
>>45291609
>>45291667

I think that's kind of what gets the FedSuns fans' goat. They've already got a raft of designs priced similarly to the Vulpes that are a shit ton easier to use, so they look at it in those terms and decry it as shit or not fitting in to their existing state doctrine/personal play style.

Meanwhile everyone else looks at it, compares it to their array of shit-tastic machines in the same weight class if not BV range, and says "What the fuck are you bitching about, your supposedly shit 'Mech is still better than like half of the ones we think are good for us."

>>45291755

The LAM will probably assrape a 7K BV force unless it's Pulse or Flak heavy though. The to-hit numbers from TMM and their ability to dictate range are pretty significant. Granted it would take time and possibly a large playing area, but those aren't really factors BV even tries to deal with.

A pulse/Flak heavy 7K BV force will probably have a field day, but that's not guaranteed and BT does get scissors/paper/rock at times with unit types and weapon effects.
>>
>>45291609
Being expensive means that it has to be better to justify expending the extra BV to field one. The extra BV spent on it means that you can't take other stuff that might help make a game easier, so yeah. Expense does make it more difficult to win with something by removing other options on which you could have spent that BV. And, for its cost, the Vulpes isn't particularly impressive. It falls into the trap that at least a few clan heavies fall in to: too much gun, not enough heat dissipation.
>>
>>45291904
>The LAM will probably assrape a 7K BV force unless it's Pulse or Flak heavy though.

That's not different than an aerospace-heavy force, though. Or an artillery-heavy force. The presense of some units force you to change the way you play the game, or build your lists. The fact that you may not be able to take a totally TW-legal vanilla force against a force using experiemental/advanced rules without some level of metagaming is just...I dunno what it is. Expecting that as a default isn't smart, though.

If you're not playing a blind pickup game, then it shouldn't end up being a problem. And since you explicitly CAN'T USE LAMS in a blind pickup game without the consent of all players, I don't see that there's any problem at all. Any scenario pre-written to include LAMs should include pulse/Flak (etc) units as a matter of basic scenario balancing in the first place.
>>
>>45292019

If something isn't balanced and costed appropriately for pickup play where you don't know what the other person is bringing ahead of time, then it shouldn't be part of the game. Period. Objective fucking fact.
>>
>>45291974
The fact that you have to compare it to clan heavies to deny that it's good just shows how ridiculous your standards are. We get it, you fedrats wish that your "shit mechs" were still better than everyone else's good mechs. But the fact is that anyone else would kill to have gotten a mech that good, so quit whining like a spoiled brat.
>>
>>45292179
No one is denying that it's good. We're just saying that it's pricy for pick-up games. Remember, this all started back >>45291499 where I just added to what you were saying. Nothing more than that. Stop taking it so personally.
>>
>>45292179
I compare it to clan mechs because I mainly play with clan tech, because the vulpes uses a decent amount of clan tech, and because it's costed like a clan mech. And in my opinion it has a flaw that is shared by quite a few clan mechs. It loads up on expensive equipment that it doesn't have the heat dissipation to use effectively but pays for anyway. The result is a mech that costs more than it is worth in practice. Having played around with clan tech a fair bit, this is just one of those things you generally learn to spot and avoid unless you want to get stomped by a force more than twice your size.
>>
>>45292167

In an ideal universe yes, but with the amount of unit and weapon variety in BT and terrain effects there's really no way to make it work in reality.

BV 2.0 is flawed and I can spot where, but I'm not good enough with math to correct them. Cray might be but nobody else at CGL seems to have a real grasp on math and statistics, so it is what it is.
>>
>>45292167
Not really. Not every game is a pick-up game.

And BattleTech isn't balanced to begin with, so why try to make it balanced when something strange comes along like a LAM?
>>
>>45292575

To be honest this is one area where I'm sympathetic to both arguments.

LAMs are generally meant for campaign or scenario play where they shouldn't be line combatants and their BV is less of a factor. The units they should be expected to fight are mostly infantry or vehicle pickets around an objective, which they have the guns and armour to over-run any way.

This being said bringing LAMs or ASF to a "normal" game where people are just shooting at each other until one side or the other is dead is total bullshit since they're evidently undercosted unless the opponent expected such units from the enemy or happened to select a force that happened to have a lot of AA capability. The problem is that LAMs and ASFs can't really be valued correctly any way since an AA-heavy unit will fight them on equal terms but an enemy force without heavy AA capability is on a hiding to nothing and it's impossible for BV to predict what anyone will be bringing.

I remember years ago I played a 10K game where we agreed to play using all TacOps rules and for shits and giggles I went with all Piranhas for maximum Burst Fire machine gun BRRRRRT. I was expecting to lose horribly in the end, but as long as I managed to get behind something and rip it up with MGs I was OK with that.

My opponent showed up with nothing but conventional foot platoons using a variety of Field Guns because he thought they'd be cool and the TW infantry rules would keep them mostly safe from 'Mechs which tend not to have much in the way of anti-personnel weapons.
>>
Post assaults meant for merc use, straight OC or variants of existing mechs
>>
>>45294725
85 tons, max ferro, compact gyro, standard engine

HPPC CT, LB 10-X with two tons CASE'd ammo in each side torso, 2 MLs in each arm.
>>
File: Bandersnatch II BDR-10A2.0.png (151KB, 716x2168px) Image search: [Google]
Bandersnatch II BDR-10A2.0.png
151KB, 716x2168px
>>45294725
here you go
>>
>>45294725
100 tons, LFE, dual gauss with three tons ammo each, 4 LPPC, 2 with capacitors, max Ferro, 11 DHS
>>
>>45295350
Hm, pretty nice. Range issues, but eh.
>>
>>45295653
LB-10X and the HPPC have 6/12/18 brackets

One of the neat things about the LB-10X.
>>
>>45295690
He's referring to the fact that in an age of 7/14/X weapons and faster mechs, a 6/12/18 range is "medium".
>>
File: MWOaShit.jpg (644KB, 1825x2746px) Image search: [Google]
MWOaShit.jpg
644KB, 1825x2746px
>>45295690
>>
File: Banshee.png (75KB, 960x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Banshee.png
75KB, 960x1700px
>>45294725

Factory-level rebuild of the Banshee. Could even be done by Periphery nations if they bought the necessary kit from the Houses.

When you absolutely, positively must fuck someone else's shit up for 10 million C-Bills or less, accept no substitutes.
>>
>>45274615
>promised but never delivered incest pornography and not a thing else
ah fuck, right, that.
I'll be straight with all you here; I was drunk as fuck when I took the request and was drunk as fuck when I worked on it, such so that I forgot about it when I was sober.
if I get drunk and inspired in the next few days, I should actually finish and post it
>>
File: hello there.jpg (70KB, 385x759px) Image search: [Google]
hello there.jpg
70KB, 385x759px
>>45290290
>>45291114

The new Ostscout would get the looks-based votes. Don't forget what the OTT looked before plastic surgery, though.
>>
>>45295794
what does this mean anon
>>
>>45295794
Go back to gerg and circle jerk hating the game you love to play there.
>>
File: Ostscout-Silo[1].png (276KB, 786x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ostscout-Silo[1].png
276KB, 786x900px
>>45296839
Oost Oost Scoot Scoot
>>
>>45291114
Ah, but it gathers information, and information is ammunition.

>>45296839
3050 Ostscout is most adorable Ostscout though. Shimmy's looks good, but it ain't adorable.
>>
>>45297744
I was actually proud of you for making something that wasn't a bawks when I first saw this, Shim.
>>
>>45290290
>Third-party
>Ostscout
>Not the Ostwar, the true OG third-party candidate.

Terrorist.
>>
>>45297893
That's the thing, Ostwar isn't in this race. Ostwar is the former well regarded president of historical significance that all the modern Ost candidates namedrop and try to say how they're the successor to his policies.
>>
File: knowing is half the battle.jpg (35KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
knowing is half the battle.jpg
35KB, 382x597px
>>45297831
>information is ammunition

"We're going in without intel. Better break out the all-energy loadouts."
>>
>>45298129
Ostwar third term gogogo
>>
File: CRAB TIME.jpg (14KB, 591x223px) Image search: [Google]
CRAB TIME.jpg
14KB, 591x223px
>>45298372
Oh my, is that time again?

Of course it is. FOR IT IS ALWAYS CRAB TIME.
>>
File: FLS_HV_1_Flashman_base.jpg (299KB, 1279x1482px) Image search: [Google]
FLS_HV_1_Flashman_base.jpg
299KB, 1279x1482px
>>45298980
Insufficiently flashy or bulby for my taste. Try again, crabbuddy.
>>
File: Flash9K.gif (22KB, 760x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Flash9K.gif
22KB, 760x1014px
>>45299768
YOUR AMS AMMO BETRAYS YOU, FLASH MAN!

I do think it kind of odd that there's no canon laser AMS Flashman yet. Well, other than the fact that 7 heat is a hefty chunk of heat to inconsistently account for, and even the 5 heat of the Clan version can be tricky.
>>
>>45299894
FLASHMAN DOES NOT FIRE BULLETS AT ENEMIES! ONLY AT OTHER AMMUNITION!
>>
>>45300117
But it explodes all the same!

Though the Flashman's AMS makes more sense when remembering the rules under which it was made, where it was possible to burn all the ammo up in a single use. It'd probably be empty long before critical hits were a risk.
>>
Gauss AMS when?
>>
>>45298980
>>45299768

I see no mention of the HBK-4P Raveback yet. Few things are as exhilarating as finding you have an enemy at two hexes and pressing the ALL THE LASERS button.

>refit one salvaged Hunchie into -4P
>insert a pilot with Gunnery Spec - Laser
>watch the heat gauge rise
>>
>>45299894
That... is really odd. I actually assumed there was one that I just never knew about because seriously fuck Laser AMS.

Wait, I have a stupid idea, pic definitely related. Behold, the most retarded discoball mech I could make in five minutes, the Flashman-9DK, known casually as the Disco Volante. It mounts Laser Heat Sinks, IS lasers, Clan PPCs, Laser AMS, and Laser-Reflective Armor to maximize the lasers everywhere. It's the discerning man's discomech.
>>
>>45297585
It means it's high time for an actual Mechwarrior game. A simulator that eschews common FPS tenets. We've gone far too long without.

>>45297724
I haven't played MWO in years. Shortly after I realized that they betrayed my trust as a backer. I actually found that image I posted recently - I had no idea they had actually had the gall to come out as say 'yeah we fucked you guys lol', and that shit pissed me off.

But that's okay because shim makes everything look good. >>45297744
>>
>>45301143
>>45297724
also, what's gerg?
>>
Damn, seems like there's never been a Flashman IIC. The Nova Cats really missed the ball here.
>>
File: 1416685088353.gif (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1416685088353.gif
99KB, 600x800px
What do you guys think of my Company?

Red Sparrow Company

Armored Recon
Barracuda Prime
Owens 2C
FireMoth D
Hellion Legacy

Infantry Recon
Fenrir Battle Armor Squad (ERML)

Air Recon Alpha
Yellow Jacket Gunship (Arrow IV)
Sprint Scout Helicopter (standard)

Air Recon Bravo
Seydlitz SYD-Z1
Seydlitz SYD-Z1

Fire Support
Catapult C1
Catapult C1
Catapult C1
Catapult C1

Auxillary Support
Starslayer 3C
Starslayer 3C
Trebuchet 5S
Prowler R6-NA
>>
>>45301958
You know what must be done then, anon.
>>
>>45302084
missiles/10
>>
>>45300742
DISCO INFERNO!!!
>>
>>45302124
how many missile?
>>
>>45302129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M
>>
>>45302156
Yes.
>>
File: adfbvxb.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
adfbvxb.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M

SUPER FREAK!!
SUPER FREAK!!
>>
>>45301143
>third person fucks the entire player base
>third person betrays the trust of backers
>third person means it's high time for an actual mechwarrior game

Jesus, MWO fans make the tabletop battletop autists look tame in comparison. I mean shit, why do you care that much about third person if you haven't even played the game in years? And if you honestly stopped playing because they introduced an optional third person...that's seriously retarded.

That said, keep that shit on /v/ where it belongs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44

You dropped a bomb on me, baby
You dropped a bomb on me!
>>
>>45302525
word up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA
>>
File: 1447121683227.png (347KB, 834x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1447121683227.png
347KB, 834x1140px
c'mon, where you guys at?!
We havin' a discomech party up in here!!
>>
File: laser show.gif (483KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
laser show.gif
483KB, 324x216px
>>45302771
Put your LA and RA in the air.
>>
Ooops.
Forgot my dropships.
V
V
V
V
V
Red Sparrow Company

Transport
Union-X
Leopard (Black Lace)

Armored Recon
Barracuda Prime
Owens 2C
FireMoth D
Hellion Legacy

Infantry Recon

Air Recon Alpha

Air Recon Bravo
Seydlitz SYD-Z1
Seydlitz SYD-Z1

Fire Support
Catapult C1
Catapult C1
Catapult C1
Catapult C1

Auxillary Support
Starslayer 3C
Starslayer 3C
Trebuchet 5S
Prowler R6-NA
>>
Weeee Got the Funk!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nOHdUntyM
>>
okay okay last one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK9hK82r-AM
up-town
down-town
double dutch funk
>>
>>45302862
Kind of hard to judge your company when I don't know what half of those are. Barracuda? Owens 2C? Hellion Legacy? Prowler R6? This all custom stuff?

But based on what I know, that's one hell of a fragile company. You're super light on armor, and that doesn't mesh well with your slow Fire Support lance. I'd suggest either going for faster fire support units or toughening the Auxillary Support lance.

Also, if you want actual recon BA I'd suggest going for Rottweilers instead. They usually come with AI firepower, better sensors/remote sensor dispensors, and have better speed + stealth.
>>
>>45303120
They are specifically a covert ops group, not designed for prolonged and sustained combat, so they are supposed to be underweight.

I was thinking that the fire support lance might seem a little slow, they might have a hard time keeping up and positioning themselves, but the c-1 is cheap level 1 tech and its also a personal favorite of mine.

3 out of the 4 light mechs in armored recon are actually clan omni's, and both types of VTOL craft can carry battle armor, so they ride along with them wherever they go.

They are designed to get in, destroy the target/grab the intel, and get out, as quickly as possible.
>>
>>45303120
I can't find rottweilers under mekhq. are they new?
>>
>>45303213
are there any cheap IS missile boats that have a walk mp of 5 and at least 30 lrms?
>>
>>45303213
>>45303250
Neither of those VTOLs can carry BA, you might want to look at them again. And the Rotties aren't new, they're from TRO:3075. If you want some other BA, especially ones with Magnetic Clamps (so they can mount up on anything), there's the Spectre that's pretty handy.

Depending on what era you're playing in, you've got a couple good option for cheap fire support. The Avalanche is really straightforward, just as tough as a Catapult but slightly faster and with flippable lasers. The Dervish might also be a good choice, or even the Cobra if fire support is all you want from them.

>>45303330
The Cobra is the only one that springs to mind.
>>
>>45303250
Megameklab certainly has it, four variants in all.
>>
>>45303330
The oldie but goodie Trebuchet-5N (5/8, 2xLRM15).
>>
>>45303378
oh, i thought all battle armor had magclamps, cause for some reason it mentions magclamp BA specificly under the VTOL listing.
>>
>>45303213
Might I recommend two squads of Rottweilers if you absolutely have to have some quad BA, and a pair of something like TAG equipped Fah Shih for your other two since you've kind of mixed and matched as it is anyway.
>>
>>45303426
What that means is BA with MagClamps can mount on them...but the BA needs MagClamps in the first place. Quad BA can't use 'em.
>>
>>45303441
i can't find rottweiler under mekhq. is it called something else?
>>
>>45303573
Is your game/search limited by year or tech level? That could be playing a part.
Rottweilers only have one name and are at a normal tech level.
>>
>>45303573
Like I said before, the Rottweiler's definitely included. It only becomes available in 3065, so if you're playing at an earlier date, you're out of luck.
>>
>>45303606
>>45303638
thats weird, the date is 3067, i copied the mechfiles from mekhq file into megamek labs cause there were no meks in it, and the battle armor is listed in megamek labs, but when i try to purchase it from the marketplace its not listed
>>
>>45303803
Wait, what? You don't have to faff about with the mech files: if you've just unpacked the normal archive with the directory structure intact, you can find everything in Megameklab just by going File -> Load -> From cache.
>>
does letting BA ride on your unit negate its stealth/ecm?
>>
File: Rottweiler.jpg (51KB, 1100x664px) Image search: [Google]
Rottweiler.jpg
51KB, 1100x664px
>>45303803
I just checked that the Rottweiler shows up properly in 3065. (The date is Sunday January 1, 3065 in Space Rasalhagian, ie. Finnish).

Have you set the Purchase Unit menu to show battle armour and set the type to "medium" or "all"?
>>
Oh, wow, i didn't even know they had quad BA. can quads hook onto omnis?
>>
>>45304015
oh, found it. I thought it was assault class, not medium.
>>
>>45304018
oh, i see, they need manipulators and their is a weight limit...

bummer.
>>
I guess I could use gnome BA.
>>
>>45304242
or corona
>>
>>45304242
>>45304302
can only clan pilots use clan BA? I don't think thats ever come up before
>>
>>45304242
>>45304302
What happened to the scouting concept?

>>45304372
In universe, you might have a few size problems and have to adjust the suit to fit your new IS operator. For game purposes...no problems at all.
>>
>>45304420
I was using fenrir before, the idea is to take the scouting omnis and load em up with infantry so they can deliver a wallop and capture objectives and whatnot.

Bummer I can't take them on the VTOL's though.
>>
>>45304832
I still think you should take a faster AI BA, one that can navigate through buildings easily and tear up conventional forces. That's why I think something like the Spectre, or the Fa Shih that the other anon recommended, would be good ideas.
>>
Create a new thread already, you fuckers

Sincerely,
Mobile phone anon
>>
>>45305895
I'm on it
>>
>>45305895

Fuck off, you can't tell me what to do you Feddie piece of shit.
>>
New thread:

>>45306153
>>45306153
>>45306153
>>
>>45302518
I actually lost most of my interest before 3PV was a thing. Just remarkable how they gave no fucks about reversing positions(again).

Also, since when was Mechwarrior discussion verboten in btg? Or are we only supporting MWO circlejerking?
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.