[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of nobilis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: nobilis.jpg (78KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
nobilis.jpg
78KB, 900x675px
What does /tg/ think of nobilis?
>>
Ruined a Monsterhearts quest a while ago, being the SURPRISETWEEST, so I think poorly of it.
>>
>>45221982
What happened?
>>
>>45221918
Literally who?
>>
The greatest game you'll never play.
>>
>>45221995
Players played as a Ghoul, who involved himself with other monster people at his local school. He started getting visions of the true source of his power. Lotta crazy shit happened, but in the end, the GM revealed that Nobilis stuff was happening in the background, and the game shifted dramatically. This resulted in it quickly dying.

It was fun but like most quests, destroyed by internal arguments, and sudden tone shift into something nobody wanted to play.
>>
>>45221997
See >>45221998
>>
Up it's own ass but divinely inspired.
>>
File: 1351201660676.jpg (71KB, 284x461px) Image search: [Google]
1351201660676.jpg
71KB, 284x461px
>>
>>45221982
That wasn't the fault of the system though.
>>
>>45221997
You play a living embodiment of some universal concept in 2e.

In 3e you play a magical girl lusting after the cock of godly noble gentry.
>>
I think this game was written less to be played and more for people to claim is the greatest RPG ever without having to play it.
>>
File: I met a opossum.png (2MB, 926x1282px) Image search: [Google]
I met a opossum.png
2MB, 926x1282px
>>45221982
>quest
>>
>>45228847
This is not far off. It's deliberately dense and everything has 8 names that the author uses interchangeably, making actually playing the game an exercise in frustration and thesauri. The base ideas are not bad, but it's nothing special mechanically.
>>
All I know about it is the artwork scandal and that there's a character in it called Stone Cold Eeyore, which is enough to make me wanna pass.

Conceptually, it sounds kinda like Time Wizards but Time Wizards isn't up its own ass all the time.
>>
The art is shit. I can't begin to describe my disappointment when I first opened it up.
>>
It was the most fun I've ever had playing a game in a system where I didn't understand any of the rules.

>>45231158
>>45231220
>OP posts second edition
>complaints are about third edition
>>
>>45221998
That's not how you spell "Nechronica," Anon.
>>
>>45231781
You can jack off to loli guro anytime.
>>
Well first you'll have to explain the entire base concept to be with a synopsis of the system itself.
>>
>>45221918
Amazing game no one plays.
>>
>>45221918
shit
>>
>>45231407
I'm talking about the 2nd edition.
>>
Pretentious hipster garbage
>>
>>45221918
I think it's fucking neato, but I've never gotten to play it.
>>
3rd edition is better.
>>
>>45233388
If you're talking about awful anime art that was traced from equally awful anime art, that's third edition
>>
>>45221918
Writer thinks that he is god's gift to snark and is about as consistent as raw sewage with a smell to match.
>>
>>45221918
2e? Strong contender for the best RPG of our time. Fantastic writing, books is filled with great prose, poetry, and gorgeous art.

3e? Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>45236034
I'm talking about the book that is in OP's picture.
>>
>>45233976
>>>/trash/
>>
>>45231781

>Loli guro shit
>Compared to any RPG

Fuck off.
>>
So what can the average character in nobilis do? I'm talking about all 3 editions.
>>
>>45237197
>Fantastic writing, books is filled with great prose, poetry, and gorgeous art.

Hey Borgstrom, nice to see you on /tg/.
>>
>>45221918
wasn't that the game with the beautiful art and concepts but an impenetrable game, and then it was replaced with a new edition that had weaboo shit art but didn't get the sales numbers WW's Exalted like they were hoping?
>>
>>45238348
I don't know about the first edition, but in the Second Edition, you could redefine aspects of your domain and conjure your domain pretty easily.

A freshly-made noble of Knives could summon 10,000 knives with trivial ease, for example. Or a Noble of Betrayal could inspire a man to betray his colleagues.

It's a little hard to get into, because there are limits on your powers and so forth that are more political than actual game-limits.

IF I played the Noble of Volcanoes, Burning Passion, and Fury, for instance, I could pretty easily make a Volcano erupt out of the ground in San Francisco. The only thing that would stop me is the sheer number of more powerful entities that would piss off.

Fights between Nobles are a sort of weird conceptual one-upmanship, like when Sandman plays reality in Preludes and Nocturnes.

3e is arguably even more difficult to understand, because you have to keep flinching away from shitty anime art.

>>45241212
Some didn't like the art of second edition, but that's the general consensus.
>>
>>45238728
You know second and third edition are written by the same person, right?
>>
I already asked in one of the PDF share threads to no avail but has anyone a PDF OF 2nd Edition Nobilis?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.