[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 23

1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition

Google Drive Folder (has all the books)
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8z4Cy1zaGU1bnJMaDE4WDZZUlk&usp=sharing

Forum
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/index/

News:
>More Crystal Spheres and a new faction.
>Someone made a third Psion/Parapsychic themed Exalt, so he and the other two guys who made them are trying to collaborate and make a single Homebrew Exalt that isn't garbage.
>Kaiju may or not become statted, using Vehicle rules as the source.

Discuss.
>>
New Psionic Exalted:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10412408/1/

The other three:

Parapsyker
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10327719/1/

Psion
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10357386/1/

Force Sensitive
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/9850839/1/

Discussion thread for all of them:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10412452/1/
>>
Don't you guys feel there is just too much fucking fluff going on and you've completely killed the original mood and style of the setting?

Just saying.
>>
>>45221834
The original mood and style was a /tg/ soup (with MEATBREAD side) of everything the original fa/tg/uy liked at the time. The fluffing of the brew is meant to be other stuff /tg/ers like, and try to complement the flavor of the original. (Imagine if every part of a meal you had was over-salted.)

The only think I can point at and say 'Not TG!' is the Mobian, because of Sonichu.

Considering the original offers adaptations to the original exaltations, I would expect storymasters/GMs to be able to refluff the 'brew to their liking.
>>
>>45221916
Ever heard of too many cook spoil the soup?
>>
>>45221931
There's only one master chef per game, and that's the GM. Pick and choose 'brew as you like.
>>
>>45221834
Fucking this. Ultimate crossover is not the same thing as crossover with everything. The elements in the original game fit together in a way that made sense.
>>
>>45221834
Not really.
>>
>>45222677
There is homebrew stuff which IMO fit, but as soon as it deviate too far from the D&D/SpellJammer/Planescape+Warhammer+Other stuff it gets less and less thematically coherent.

Example of homebrew stuff that fit: Warforged which are Geth+Transformers+Other shit.

Things that don't fucking fit: all the Steven Universe, RWBY and MLP garbage.
>>
>>45223900
I'll agree, except I think the RWBY weapons fit in pretty well.
>>
>>45223900
>Steven Universe
At least it won't be mechanically bad after it gets fixed.
>RWBY
I must have missed something. Weren't the RWBY references limited to some homebrew weapons? That's pretty harmless.
>MLP garbage.
Hey, I tried to make Unicorns as DtD as possible. While you can say that it doesn't fit (which it arguably does not), you still have to give me points for trying.
>>
>>45223998
Steven Universe is bad and you should feel bad about including it in DTD.
>>
>>45223998
...I'm now imagining RWBY's heroines flying around on 3DMG as they battle against a horde of Grimm, varying in size between tiny and large, with giant robots-

We don't have giant robot or other oversize opponent vs. hero rules yet, do we? (pic related)
>>
>>45224363
The vehicle rules interact with normal rules. Just stat up a giant monster or a robot and the existing rules work well.
>>
>>45224349
It's not me that's including it. I offered to remake it for the creator, and all I got was a smug anime face. Plus, I was just praised for making Warforged, so I can't be that bad.

>>45224363
Look at the OP. Kaiju might become a thing. Until then, make your oversized monsters using Vehicle rules, and don't forget that there's a Monster Hunter class.
>>
To summarize the current Psion discussion, we're considering the following starter powers:
>Something involving Enchantment spells, and the removal of spell components when casting
>ESP that lets you sense life within range of your powers
>Basic telekinesis
>As a downside, you get +20 to Psychic Phenomena and you roll twice and take the higher result for Insanity.

Sound good so far?
>>
>>45225066
Sounds good, but how do you balance it?
>>
>>45225066
That +20 to Psychic Phenomena seems pretty common in homebrew exalts. I'd think of something else. That insanity one is cool, you could just expand that. Perhaps double or triple insanity gained instead?
>>
>>45226162
Balance to what? Could you be more specific?

>>45226168
Not sure about doubling Insanity. How about a free minor Derangement or -2 to Alignment checks?
>>
>>45226299
I think both of those have been done too. Spark has the first one, and the second one sounds familiar.
>>
>>45226333
>and the second one sounds familiar.
It's from the other attempts at Psions.
>>
>>45226402
What was wrong with the other stuff? I really liked how Force Sensitive worked.
>>
>>45226299
Shit posting instead of saying bump.
>>
>>45226623
Personally, I thought the Force Sensitive was too focused on being a Jedi. Us making a new Exalt doesn't stop you from using the Force Sensitive for your own games.
>>
Panzer/Geode creator here. Sorry for putting Steven Universe into DtD. It'll (hopefully) be better after I finish the Geode remake. But until then...

Anyone interested in seeing a rough draft of the new version of Panzer? Just the abilities and assets.
>>
>>45221834
yes
>>
>>45226935
Is there new fluff for the Geode?

Also, show us the Panzer.
>>
>>45227105
Fluff is largely unfinished for both, but I've been reading up on Shardminds and random 3.5 bard prestige classes for more varied inspirations for Geode.

Anyways, here's Panzer;

HOMEBREW EXALTATION - Panzer

STATIC POWERS
- Engine Heart: Gain a Best Quality Bionic Heart that can't be replaced. You may trade HP between yourself and your vehicle as a Half Action, up to your Engine in maximum HP. Your vehicle must be summoned and you must be in contact with it to trade HP.

- Real Steel: Build your Panzer vehicle with 300 VP. Gain 50 VP every time you increase your Engine, and you may redesign your Vehicle when you do so. Gains the effect of the Living Vehicle Modification for free, taking up no slots. You may spend 1 point of Nitro to summon your vehicle as Full Action up to Charisma x 10 meters away, fails if not enough room and Nitro is refunded. Only you may pilot your vehicle, and if it is destroyed you die as well.

- Carbon Emissions: Whenever you spend Nitro to use an ability, heal, add to a roll, etc, you must test against the Toxic quality (TN 15 Con test or lose 1 HP). The TN increases by 3 for every point of Nitro past the first spent.

- Newtype: You add your Charisma as rolled dice to Drive or Pilot tests, or any other skill being used to operate or maintain control of a vehicle, but this does not add to Mobility Aspect.

RESOURCE STAT - Nitro: Pool of Charisma*2+Engine*2 points of Nitro. May restore 1 point of Nitro with a TN 15 Crafts test, each attempt taking 30 minutes.

(1/3)
>>
>>45227214

GAINED POWERS

* - Mobility Aspect: By spending 1 point of Nitro you may summon your vehicle's drivetrain to yourself as a half action for the rest of the scene. You retain your normal size, but must move as if you were your vehicle including Maintain Control actions. By spending a point of Nitro you may make a Maintain Control action as a free action. You may not summon your vehicle while this ability is active.

** - Defense Aspect: You may summon your Vehicle's defenses to yourself for the rest of the scene by spending 2 points of Nitro, which you are automatically proficient with. Sources of Armor and Aura gained by this ability are halved (round up) and do not stack with any other sources. You may summon active defenses like Void Shields and Thermoptic Camo, but they require 1 Nitro at the beginning of each turn to maintain. You may not summon your vehicle while this ability is active.

*** - Redline: By spending 3 points of Nitro you may enter an overclocked state as a Full Action, doubling your speed and adding +2k0 to damage with unarmed attacks, handheld weapons, and Panzer weapons for Engine*2 Rounds. At the beginning of each turn during Redline you must test for against the Toxic quality regardless of Nitro spent. Speed bonus affects both your vehicle and you.

**** Armament Aspect: You may spend 4 points of Nitro to summon your Panzer vehicle's array of weapons to yourself as a half action for the rest of the scene that count as natural weapons. Firing or swinging a vehicle scale weapon costs 1 point of Nitro and uses up a reaction action, and uses personal scale combat action types (IE Full Auto is a Full Action). You may not summon your vehicle while this ability is active.

***** - Artifact Core: You may treat your Bionic Heart, and your Vehicle's weapons, ammunition, and armor as if it were made of an artifact material of your choosing. This choice is permanent.

(2/3)
>>
>>45227223

Not too sure about these assets, while I want input on ALL of it, I'd appreciate cooler ideas for some Assets instead of these.

PLATFORM ASSETS
- Ace Platform: Increase your vehicle's Maneuver by your Level. Summoning your Panzer vehicle is a Half Action instead of a Full Action. When you summon your Panzer vehicle you may choose to summon it at your position, ready to be operated already. The usual rules for summoning failure apply.

- Acceleration Platform: You may spend Nitro to gain the benefits of using an Afterburner as a Half Action. Your vehicle is also equipped with an Overcharged Reactor that takes up no slots on it. Using the "Fleet of Foot" feat doesn't result in fatigue from over-use unlike normal.

- Sniper Platform: When using the Aim action, double the range of your current ranged weapon. Additionally, using a Basic or Heavy ranged weapon while engaged in melee is possible, but at -2k0 to Ballistics.

- Evasion Platform: Increase your Panzer Vehicle's (and yours during Mobility Aspect) static Defense by 5, and add the whole result for Evasive Maneuvers to your static Defense instead of halving it.

- Assault Platform: Your Panzer vehicle gains 2 + Engine Slots to hold more weapons, and additional 20 VP per dot of Engine to spend only on purchasing additional weapons.

(3/3)
>>
>>45221916
Mobian creator here. If they try to put that in the PDF i will delete the forum posts and kick the shit out of them
>>
>>45227230
From what I can tell this is supposed to be something of a hybrid between "is cyborg" and "good at piloting a special/custom vehicle". To be honest I don't know if that justifies a new exaltation. The former is already solidly the promethean's thing, and it seems like the latter would be better suited as something for either a class or a generic asset.
>>
File: 1497780-imperialguardpsyker.jpg (77KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1497780-imperialguardpsyker.jpg
77KB, 600x793px
>>45225066
I can't read your mind Anon. Any update on the Psion?
>>
>>45231416
Well, you can now. The link below has our most recent version of the Psion. It's still under construction, mind you, so watch for debris.

>>
Alright, we're attempting to figure out an effective resource mechanic for figuring out max Psi. Help us out here.

>Ego * 3 = 15
>Ego * 4 = 20
>Intelligence + Wisdom + Willpower = 18
>Resolve + Ego = 16
>Resolve + Level = 16
>Level + Intelligence + Willpower = 17
>Ego + Intelligence + Willpower = 17
>(Ego*2) + Intelligence + Willpower = 22
>Ego + all Mental characteristics = 23
>Ego + Level = 10
>Ego + any Mental characteristic = 11
>Ego + Devotion = 15
>>
>>45233102
How do they regain Psi?
>>
File: ea8pd6mzkqecvuappiib.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ea8pd6mzkqecvuappiib.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>45233102
What is the refresh rate for the resources? Generally, low number = fast replenishment. High number = slow replenishment.
>>
>>45233482
>>45233492
The lazy answer would be an hour of meditation. Instead, I suggested that an hour spent "doing something that enforces your sense of self" should do the trick. That can be anything from cool meditation to hardcore drugs, depending on the character. So relatively swift regain, and it goes to every half hour at Ego 3.
>>
>>45233611
Psion who follows Slaanesh, follow all your /d/esires.
>>
>>45233611
That's kind of boring though. I think it should be something more engaging as a resource regaining mechanic.
>>
>>45234708
You're welcome to help us come up with something better. Right now, that's all we have.
>>
Hey folks. Last thread I reviewed the Atlantean, the Chosen, and the Daemonhost.

Now it's time for the Paragon.
Major Inspirations: Exalted's Solar Exalted, Action Heroes, Exalted's Stunting Rules, Mulan

Major Themes: Excellence, Super-Normal, Action Hero Bad-Ass, Do Stuff

SM Warning: The Paragon needs to get to Excellence 2 before it can even work as intended. In addition, it's resource gain mechanic is dependent on the Player's ability to describe actions on the fly. If they hit "creative fatigue" they'll suffer severely in mechanics.

Okay, Powers.

Destiny, believe it or not, is actually the Paragon's 'don't die' mechanic. 2 extra hero points in general though is a great thing. That's two extra chances a session to do so much more, but the real value is the extra chances to burn them to stay alive.

Statuesque gives you the second Characteristic +1 from your race, if you're human you get +1 to a characteristic you didn't pick. This ability fits into a trend that's a little sad about Paragon: Cost breaks that aren't as amazing as they should be. While it can technically get you 400 xp-worth with excessive optimization, it's not as neat thematic-wise as say the first level in a school. Also it doesn't open up as much as Magical Aptitude (or Demonic Tutor) does. It can help with getting the later classes easier and a +1 attribute is neat, it's just not interesting.

Flash makes it so you're never Surprised and you are aware of every attack directed at you. It's a really cool defensive trick, but it feels more like a feat than a power from an Exalt. Still, people can't ambush you, and being aware of all attacks means you can always parry or defend.

Perfection is literally just a feat. A feat that requires your race as a prereq, but it's an extremely boring ability to start with.

I'll stop my review to cover some stuff....
>>
>>45233611
>>45233611
AN HOUR OF MEDITATION SHOULD BE YOUR LAST RESORT.

Here, let me relist the various Exaltation regain mechanics.

Atlantean:
Meditation or by risking Psychic Phenomenon, restores 1 at a time.
Chosen:
A ritual that can be performed once a day. Restores full pool.
Accepting a 1 on a roll that matters. Restores 1 resource.
Daemonhost:
Risking HP loss or harming people with bite attacks
Paragon:
Start of the session. Restores full pool.
2 dot stunt. Restores 1 resource.
Promethean:
Flat rate per hour. Restores 1 resource
Losing 1 HP to energy damage. Restores 1 resource
Vampire:
Causing fatigue with bite attack. Restores 1 resource
Werewolf:
When night comes or combat starts. Restores [Power stat] resource

Dragonblood:
After five minutes. Restores full pool
Wraith:
Spending an hour in the Umbra. Restores 2 resource.

Now I ignored the pool size, but this was to give an idea of how to handle regain mechanics.
>>
File: FlamboyantUnderstatedGelada.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
FlamboyantUnderstatedGelada.gif
941KB, 627x502px
>>45234778
Go on
>>
>>45221954
One sous-chef too many is still one chef too many.
>>
>>45221834
A bit. I leave out most fluff not in the first book, and even some stuff in the first book I don't like. Fortunately it's not to hard to just pick and choose what you do and don't like.
>>
>>45236532
Everything in Book 3 (and much of Book 2) should be considered optional extras. Anything from there should be considered non-existant-by-default in any setting, only appearing by explict permission of the DM.

If a player asks to use something from there, the DM must use careful thought as to whether he wants exalts/races/classes of that type wandering around the place. Basically: Here be monsters!
>>
>>45228433
I don't really see it intruding on Promethean? Promethean's entire thing is superior stats and heavy defenses. And I don't think vehicle weapon summoning is appropriate for a class track OR an asset. I kind of wanted something more critical than "hurr durr don't bother."
>>
>>45236363

Ideas:
>Burn their brains out - kill an enemy by psychic antics, refill pool. (Exalt Asset idea?)
>Pull an Unknown Armies ref and say there's some vice they use to refill their stat.
>Pull a Magicka and say they don't NEED a resource stat to do things.
>Pull energy from a crowd, somehow - like go to a concert and rock out with everyone else. (Another asset idea?)
>Get some distance from others; you need to untangle your thoughts from everyone else's. (another asset)
>Something awesome is seen/happens? It fills you with DETERMINATION. (Totally just stealing ideas at this point.)
>>
>>45239806
Having some time to think more about it, I think the problem on my end is an issue of not getting what you're trying to do with the exalt because there isn't fluff to contextualize it (to me calling it the panzer makes it sound like the character is the vehicle rather than someone who summons vehicles). What do you want the exaltation to be? What do you want it to look like? What are your drawing inspiration from for it? I didn't mean to be dismissive or anything, so I apologize if that was how I came across.
>>
>>45241032
Important questions.
>>
>>45236532
Then don't fucking eat out
>>
Well?
>>
>>45244454
Well what?
>>
>>45244906
Waiting for Reviewanon1 to get back to their thoughts.
>>
What's the deal with Vizards? Are they just Spanish shy guys from mario?
>>
>>45246702
I think they're supposed to be from something other than Mario. You might want to ask the creator, because I have no idea.

Isn't the Infernal language supposed to be Abyssal?
>>
>>45246702
Pretty sure the Vizards are from the anime Bleach.
>>
Alright, here's what we have for Psions. Skipping the opening fluff and tell.

Powers

Mind-Hand Manipulation: By spending 1 Psi, you can manipulate objects at a distance for 1 Scene with an effective reach of 3m per dot of Ego. You cannot control objects well enough to make attacks with this ability, and their effective Strength score for moving objects using this power is equal to their Willpower. At Ego 3, your control is fine enough to perform melee actions, but not Opportunity Attacks, at this distance.

Extrasensory: By spending 1 Psi, the Psion is instantly aware of all intelligent creatures within 5m per dot of Ego, but not their exact identity or location. Creatures with no Intelligence are effectively invisible to them, and all blindness penalties still apply.

Telepathy: The Psion can focus their attention on one creature within range of Extrasensory. This allows them to communicate mentally and make Social Tests against that creature without speaking.

Unquiet Whispers: It's not all fun and games and powers, you know. Begin play with 10 Insanity, and any Insanity points you gain are doubled.

Power Stat: Ego: Ego refers to the sense of self, rising in prominence as the Psion becomes more powerful. Psions with higher Ego become more determined and confident, uncompromising in their use of their abilities. As Ego rises, Psions will begin to see themselves as both unique individuals and part of the greater Wheel as a whole.

Resource Stat: Psi: Psions have maximum Psi equal to Ego + Intelligence + Willpower For every hour spent in quiet meditation (or otherwise reinforcing your sense of self), you regain 1 Psi. This is cut down to one half hour per Psi at Ego 3.
>>
>>45247477
*Superior Action: When you spend Psi to boost a test, you gain a bonus equal to the number of Psi spent. You also gain an additional rolled die for every two Psi spent.

**Unnatural Mind: Your Mental Characteristics may go up to 6 dots. Gain the Strong Minded feat. Enemies attempting to affect your mind take a static penalty equal to twice your Ego.

***Effect Mass: You can perform the Bull Rush, Grapple, and Knock Down actions using Mind-Hand Manipulation. Telekinetic grappling works like normal grapples for feats, except for dealing damage - instead, you may spend a point of Psi to deal (Level+Ego)k(Willpower) damage with mental force. You can also use the Disarm action at Ego 5.

****Precognition: You may cast the spell Precognition, using Ego + Wisdom instead of the normal magic test.

*****Ultrablast: You may spend 5 Psi as a Half Action to let loose a torrent of psychic energy in a 20m cone with a 30-degree arc. Enemies within the cone must make a Willpower test (DC 30) or suffer 1d5+1 Insanity and become Stunned for 1d5 rounds.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>45221931
It takes a lot to make a stew, you and me and the baby too, we give as much as we can do, too many cooks it's true.

Too Many Cooks,

too many cooks

Too Many Cooks

too many cooks

help me, save me, this would be a fun game idea for DtD, sentient opening credits
>>
>>45248291
I don't know if that would translate to tabletop well.
>>
>>45241032
Yeah, I ended up leaving the fluff out to make it fit better but I can give a quick rundown of fluff and inspiration.
>FLUFF
The basics are that machine spirits are a thing, and they don't 100% leave a machine when it's broken. If enough machine spirits or a strong enough machine spirit linger after being broken for long enough, they can gain a warp presence. Panzers are made when said machine spirits bond or fuse with a mortal, because they want to be whole again. It turns the mortal's heart into a magic engine that it can use to manifest itself through the mortal, but they're essentially one being after that, and can use the engine to summon machine bits.

As for inspirations, I took the base name from an old anime where the main characters were called Panzers and summoned scifi armor to fight, but I can't remember the name of that right now. I originally wanted a machine based exalt but the first draft didn't go over too well so I started re working it. Inspirations now are Kancolle, Strike Witches, and Infinite Stratos. I also took some lesser inspiration from things like Cosmic Break, Gundam, and Real Steel.

Sorry for any typos, it's late and I'm on a shitty mobile device.
>>
>>45250001
This one time, I thought about rewriting the Font so its Power Stat was a Background, like Artifact.
What if the Panzer's Power Stat was literally Holdings, and so by raising the power stat it naturally got stronger?
>>
>>45250409
>What if the Panzer's power stat was literally holdings
That doesn't sound like a good idea, considering you can start with 5 dots in Holdings.
>>
>>45250522
It'd need a bit of explanation, of course. Otherwise you could just buy a planet with Holdings 5 and drive that around as your Panzer.
>>
>>45250559
I don't think you get what you're suggesting. If Holdings was it's power stat either you couldn't have it higher than 1 at start and it wouldn't be worth it to rely on that as holdings, or you could start the game with 5 in your power stat which throws all semblance of balance away.

As Panzer currently is you get the mechanical effect of having holdings for making a vehicle, which is VP thst raises by 50 with each raise of your power stat.
>>
>>45250599
I'm suggesting the former, and you're right that it's just splitting hairs over the same mechanics
>>
>>45247497
I think that Force User was good the way it was, and that if you want a psychic magic user then make it separate from Force User.
>>
>>45252607
>>45236363
>AN HOUR OF MEDITATION SHOULD BE YOUR LAST RESORT.

I think the Hour of meditation worked reasonably well enough for the original Force User. It made them have some of the hardest regain mechanics as they also had no shortcut to it like most other Exaltations did, they ONLY got it from the hour of meditation. That makes them tougher than Atlanteans that can shortcut with Psychic Phenomenon, or Promethean that can energy damage or get their resource back 1/hour even if they're doing something. The Force User had to spend that hour doing nothing to get it back.

On the other hand, they could do some really cool things with their powers. They got bonus dice from them, they could force rerolls on Psychic Phenomena and do stupid powerful scene lasting boosts at 5th level. Sure most of this isn't as cool as the Atlantean, but outside of Magical Aptitude most of their Exaltation powers all used Resource Points.

With the Force User what was their their biggest ability in my opinion, the force manipulation, did not use their resource points. Unlike say Wraiths that needed to spend a resource point to do it, Force Users had their moving shit and attacking with the Force always on, which I thought was very cool. They couldn't make physical attacks with it unless it was a specific Asset, but the other assets were good enough to make it not always the one you would choose.
One change I might make to them is make the asset that gets more Resource Points in their pool also have an easier way to regain them.

I think the real reason people keep trying to change the Force User is that people think it is too Jedi. I felt that too, but the Crunch just seemed to work well for me with only a few things standing out as needing change. Perhaps it was Stockholm syndrome but I didn't really mind the Force Sensitive crunch after a while. When you realize they are just in tune with the ebbs and tides of the warp instead of the Force, it fits the setting just fine.
>>
>>45246852
>Isn't the Infernal language supposed to be Abyssal?

The guy that wrote them likes to think of Infernal as the language of the shallow warp. He had it be the language of the dusklings, since they're imps. since Vizards were probably kidnapped by Dusklings, they get that language too.
>>
File: Sload.jpg (45KB, 495x479px) Image search: [Google]
Sload.jpg
45KB, 495x479px
>>45234778
>>45236363
Hey Reviewanon1, since you are distacted anyway, before you continue with your Paragon review do you mind giving me some advice on my Slug Race?

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10345045/1/

There are a couple things I'm still considering moving about or clarifying, but a second look might be nice first.
>>
>>45253321
Oh hey, you got my message. I anxiously await being reamed out over things.

I think the Telesend might a bit good, since it works a bit like a spell for 100xp, although it doesn't allow greater access to the spell school. I was considering making it a more complex check originally, when I realized that Message did much of what I was trying to do so I just changed it to that.

Mental Radar is another one I certainly think needs to be reworded. I didn't want to give them just darksight since that was relatively hard to acquire in the base game and has been given out like candy, but I wanted it to mimic the Slug's ability from FTL: Faster than light since that was their original inspiration. I'm thinking of simplifying it to just being able to detect how many beings are in an area, similar to what was being proposed for that one Psion type.

I like the Ooze Paragon feat, but if it is too good I also had a backup feat to replace it that just mimics the Tremere asset.
>>
File: Meanwhile in exalted.png (246KB, 730x380px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile in exalted.png
246KB, 730x380px
>>45234778
You should have seen the Paragon in the original version. They didn't even have Power Stat powers as they increased it, only more pressure.

The lack of a real power 1 ability beyond pressure is still felt to an extent though. There are those Paragon racial feats that the Forum is tossing about to be used with Perfection to give them something similar at the start, but those are a mixed bag.

Do you think the Paragon should have their Power stat 2 ability moved to 1, and have 2 replaced with the ability to go up to 6 in their Characteristics, similar to a Daemonhost? They get a similar ability from their weird Assets anyway, this way it will save them some experience and get them their stunting bonuses earlier. Especially handy since a Paragon has so few Action Points at start, with 2 (4 if you take the asset for it, which you should).
>>
>>45254379
Mention any errata changes you don't want to get forgotten on the Book 1 & 2 Errata thread,
>>
>>45254501
Perhaps. Thought it might be good idea to run it by the person that thinks it needs changing to see what he thinks.
>>
>>45223998
>you still have to give me points for trying.

No we don't. I won't give you points for doing a bad thing, no matter how hard you try to do it.
>>
The Panzer got posted.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10412959/
>>
>>45258724
You seem to have a thing for people using Vehicle class weapons in non vehicle situations.
>>
>>45258787
I'm not the creator, so you'd have to take that up with him.
>>
>>45223998
Unicorns were alright; they were too-heavily MLP-flavored, though. There needs to be more material for them to draw from before they get tasty.

(Then again, most with an opinion on MLP let it dominate their feelings to anything ungulate-related, so there's no overriding it. You'd have an easier time making a playable race of Gargoyles or wacky cartoon animals.)
>>
>>45258852
>You'd have an easier time making a playable race of Gargoyles

Hey, that's not a bad idea.
>>
>>45258852
>There needs to be more material for them to draw from before they get tasty.
Unfortunately, there's very little that can be drawn upon that isn't from the MLP show.
>>
>no skaven race
No seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>45259198
There actually is something of a Skavin race I think. Found this buried in the homebrew old threads.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10369400/1/
>>
>>45259154
Hm. Point. Maybe spread it to 'any kind of mythical quadruped'? Yes, I'm stealing from that, but at least this way we get to diversify the sources... Plus, playing a lion-sized manticore would be cool.

Alternately, make them giant bunnies instead. That live in giant burrows.
>>
>>45259390
I gotta side with Reviewanon about these things and Sphinxes, as they strain logic on how they work in normal trains and cars.

If they are allowed to exist at all in my games, they're going to be considered second class citizens that need to use special seats in the back of the bus/train.

Fuck, I can't even go far enough. Who even thought making something with no usable hands or legs is a good idea for a playable race?
>>
File: secret.png (65KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
secret.png
65KB, 245x200px
>>45259198
Shut up and help integrate the Whoniverse fluff into the MLP space marine faction, shitlord

It literally doesn't matter if it's good or playable, just make sure every character with a wikipedia page has a stat block
>>
>>45259991
No need to shitpost. If you want to counter that shit, just make something better yourself. The Free Market will decide.
>>
File: 1450178376668.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
1450178376668.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
>>45260049
You say that, but when was the last time /tg/ made something that wasn't immediately hijacked by a roving band of tumblrinas?

THIS began as a gritty 40,000K/Dungeons and Dragons crossover, and now we have 28 pages of austismal fanfiction about how the Stephen Universe characters fit into the Transformers universe.
>>
>>45260189
Except everyone and their dog says SU is shit and the SU exaltation is shit too. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

You can either stand there and claim that you are the only one that thinks this and that things are thus unsaveable, or you can do something about it.
>>
>>45260231
I made the SU exaltation and I agree it's shit.
>>
>>45260189
Also Mass Effect, which is as ungritty and tumberific as you can get.
>28 pages of austismal fanfiction about how the Stephen Universe characters fit into the Transformers universe.

Please point out where this is?
>>
>>45260189
There is none of that. A bigger complaint is the proliferation of Monstergirl races.
>>
File: 1454597502261.jpg (111KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454597502261.jpg
111KB, 540x540px
>>45260288
>Also Mass Effect, which is as ungritty and tumberific as you can get.

I know what you mean. Adding Mass Effect was a terrible choice and opened the gates to MLP, Supernatural, Sabrina The Teenaged Witch, Evangelion and all the other horrible crap.

In order to fix this now, we'd have to start from scratch again with Warhammer and D&D. All the fluff written by Assburgers patients needs to go. Literally all of it. The only part of the mangled mess of pdfs that isn't cringe-inducing are things lifted directly from the settings themselves, and even those have been carried across badly.
>>
>>45260518
D&D is shit and the worst system, built by casuals for casuals. It needs to be removed as well.
>>
>>45260518
Warhammer is above furries fucking their spacewolves in space and weeaboo blue goats riding in mechs to try and save the universe. It is shit and should never have been included.
>>
>>45260557
>>45260585
>>45260518
No one on /tg/ even likes 40k or dnd. They are the most shitty pariahs in the universe, like naruto on /a/. Old /tg/ would never have stood by and allowed the cringy edgelord shit that is 40k to pass on this board.
>>
File: third party sourcebooks.png (258KB, 720x980px) Image search: [Google]
third party sourcebooks.png
258KB, 720x980px
>>45260323
Wait. Monstergirls are actually /tg/ enough that they earned a 1d4chan page. They make as much sense as anything else in DtD.
>>
File: laughing anime girls.png (42KB, 565x335px) Image search: [Google]
laughing anime girls.png
42KB, 565x335px
>>45260557
>>45260585
>>45260609

t. current developers of Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000
>>
>>45260636
That ironic shitposting above aside, Monstergirl proliferation is a bit of an issue. Sphinxes are especially bad in my opinion.
>>
>>45260652
>Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000
For the last time, Dungeons, Dragons, and 40k are shit.

This game will be
>:the Shitposting
>>
>>45260652
I don't understand.
>>
>>45260656
Eh, it's a way to make races that aren't humans with odd stats and rubber foreheads/earlobes a la Star Trek. The rest of the setting is a vegetable casserole of other media already; monstergirls are about as /tg/ as we can get without running into the shitposting a la the three posts quoted by >>45260652.
>>
>>45260727
No hands!
>>
>>45260754
TELEKINESIS!

NO HANDS MEANS NO TOUCHING THE ICKY THINGS!
>>
>>45261572
How do you operate the steering wheels and the peddles? And the turn signals?
>>
>>45261623
What part of 'Telekinesis' do you not understand?
...Okay, I'll stop now. I'll get some toilet paper to clean my posts now.
If I was a unicorn, I wouldn't need to wash my hands afterwards.
>>
>>45261918
See? This is broken, dumb bullshit. So the Unicorn can use Telekinesis to do everything at the same time? Might as well grapple a billion enemies at once, since it doesn't take their hands. Then cast spells that are somatic despite being snared and finally lift themselves into the air to fly!
Balance, what the fuck is that?

Unicorns are shit, their racial power is shit and they need to be driven to extinction by every race in the game. They're worse than Mobians.
>>
>>45262022
I'm happy they added unicorns, gives me fuel for angry marine stompings.
>>
>>45262022
>Worse than Mobians
Okay, I'm drawing the line there. I can see where you're coming from, but TK still has to be rolled for, if we're going by the version in the Google Drive. Plus, grappling would be a contested roll, and while a given fraction of the enemies may lose comparatively, some are going to overpower the TK and land a chainsword or boot to the head of the pony.

Though there is now a touch of Elfen Lied to the psi-ponies. Hm... And now that I double-check, only psi-ponies get TK natively. So more than one janithorse will have to hold the mop-handle with their mouth. And need to either hire a driver or custom-make their vehicles like the rest of DtD.

I would apologize for resuming when I said I'd quit, but you invoked Sanic.

>>45262479
Even bronies have subfandoms they like to stomp. Let us dance the dance of friendship on the bodies of our enemies, as they cry out for mercy that was never given before.
>>
File: tranny ponyfaggot.jpg (225KB, 1552x703px) Image search: [Google]
tranny ponyfaggot.jpg
225KB, 1552x703px
>>45262907
The fact you don't even deny you can grapple a billion things at once or fly just shows how fucking stupid this shit is.

Sanic bullshit is awful but is better than ponyfag bullshit. Go choke on your girlfriends penis.
>>
>>45263047
I could say that I felt it self-evident, but since you're complaining...

Grapple: Half to full action by the book. So only can initiate grapple once per turn. User must spend a full action per turn to maintain grapple, so the pony can only hold one at a time.

Fly: Eh... maybe a self-grapple? But it would only work to a distance of (will+conjuration)*2 meters, so at most a low levitation, totally locking down the pony's action.

Besides, you forget the GM has a say in it. Would you let someone keep casting time and again, locking the game down?

And Sonic caused Sonichu.

tl:dr: Your virt impression needs wiping. Good work.
>>
>>45264969
>Comparing others to Virt

You are blind to your own faggotry, ponyfag.
>>
>>45262907
>>>/mlp/
>>
File: ponyfags posting outside of MLP.png (242KB, 357x522px) Image search: [Google]
ponyfags posting outside of MLP.png
242KB, 357x522px
>>45264969
You openly admit it is a pony. You don't even try to hide this shit anymore.
>>
>>45265132
>>45265188
Just report and ignore him.
>>
>>45264969
>Would you let someone keep casting time and again, locking the game down?

Casting WHAT? There is no roll needed for that. You're not grappling yourself, just picking yourself up with your bullshit fag magic. Do you make someone roll grapple for every single action that involves their hands?
What, you wanna maintain control? Better grapple that steering wheel! Whoops, that uses your full action, can't maintain control, you crash! Better luck next time.

Not to mention their racial power is way too fucking extensive. Racial powers are generally about as valuable as two feats. Having over double movement range alone should be that, but whatever moron went and made this shit seemed to also want to give them magic telekinesis powers, and even a free feat on top of that too.
If you want to be a horse, then you should have to deal with having no hands. Better yet, you should just kill yourself because you are a blight on this board, a blight on this game, and a blight on the entire world.
>>
>>45265582
See
>>45265287
>>
>>45252742
>Force User

One thought: where are the Dark Side points?

If a Force User is out of Focus points, they should really have an option to use their passion to fuel their powers, and risk gaining a dark side point.

Once they gain dark side points, that should deduct from their power stat as long as they carry them, up to a maximum of their total power stat.

However, each dark side point can also be used as a daemonhost power stat point.
>>
>>45265657
Well, there is the Dark Side asset that gives them free access to a magic school and a bonus when using sorcery. They also get a further negative to alignment tests though, due to the pull of the Dark Side.
>>
>>45254379
I personally think that cap-breaking is a dangerous thing to constantly add, but yeah. I'd suggest making the Power stat 2 ability and drop it to 1. There'd need to be a new power stat 2 to replace it with. A free cap-breaker at Power 2 though is not a good thing to set up. I'd say try to get it more on the power level of Promethean or Vampire than onto the level of Daemonhost or Atlantean.

>>45252742
Well, we could always look towards how Jedi work in the different tabletop games. Sadly, I've only played Saga and the FFG ones to give advice, but...

In Saga edition there were 3 resources a Jedi had to manage. 2 of these pools were also shared with others. His Force and Destiny points were gained with levels and are a bad example for the game, force powers though were based on an encounter use effect. Maybe have a pool as small as the Dragon-bloods and have it be on an encounter basis?

In FFG force powers are always available but require rolls to activate. Kind of like magic in this game. The real resource mechanic is destiny points. Destiny has two sides: Light Side and Dark Side.

Steal from the Daemonhost and Atlantean and use a double sided resource, I'd give it a fairly small pool if you do, or make the "fast method" extremely punitive. The Daemonhost and Atlantean are just too powerful with resource regain.

Allure of the Darkside: When a Force User spends a [Resource], instead of losing it, it is converted into a point of Temptation. A Force User can spend 1 hour of meditation to remove a point of Temptation. If in dire straits though, the Force User may Call on the Darkside as a Free action. If they call on the Dark Side, they instantly make an Alignment Check and they convert [Power Stat] Temptation beck to [Resource].
>>
>>45265791
How would the Dark Side and Chaos alignment interact? Would a dark-side Khornate be more prone to being a pacifist? (I don't think so, even if it is funny. Imagine Darth Maul gardening.)
>>
File: Kharn_Loev_Kitten.jpg (356KB, 623x730px) Image search: [Google]
Kharn_Loev_Kitten.jpg
356KB, 623x730px
>>45266012
>How would the Dark Side and Chaos alignment interact? Would a dark-side Khornate be more prone to being a pacifist?

Yes, I guess he would.

Hilariously, since he is a Khornate he wouldn't be able to really cast spells and instead would just give him a second free sword school from the ability.
>>
>>45265915
>If they call on the Dark Side, they instantly make an Alignment Check and they convert [Power Stat] Temptation beck to [Resource].

Whoa holy shit that is harsh, since due to their detriment they stink at alignment rolls. If you did that you should give them a higher Resource pool of 20, like the Atlanteans and Daemonhosts that have a similar switching of resources. Most things with 15 get them back relatively easily or have a shortcut that isn't very harsh. Alignment tests do some lasting damage.

Otherwise that might work, but you'd need to use something similar to the proposed alternate alignment rules that no one seems to want to work on:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10317720/1/
>>
>>45265915
>Maybe have a pool as small as the Dragon-bloods and have it be on an encounter basis?

Bad idea given what Force Users could do with their powers. Would give them more freedom with rerolling psychic phenomena than even the Atlantean, and once they hit 5 pips of Power they would be able to use their super boost ever turn.
>>
>>45265915
The Paragon already can cap break, they just have an additional 100xp tax every time they want to do it.
>>
>>45265915
Hey, what did you think of the Slug race?
>>
>>45266053
Darth Maul? Unable to cast?

...I can see that.

>>45266188
>off the top of my head
Vectron:
10. Convert a Chosen of another god to The Glory of Vectron.
9. Start a new church in Vectron's name, in territory where He had none before.
8. Defeating Vectron's naive enemies in His Name. (Must be enemies specifically hateful of Vectron or his followers; has to be conflict, even if not violent.)
7. Converting a follower of another god to the Holy Faith of Vectron.
6. Acting as a Prophet of Vectron.
5. Aiding one's fellow Adherents of Vectron.
4. Spreading the Word of Vectron to the unenlightened.
3. Dedicating actions to spreading Vectron's Glory.
2. Marking yourself as one of Vectron's Followers.
1. Accept Vectron as your One True God.

Core tenets:
VECTRON!, Spreading the word, FAITH!

Perk:
+1 to... social combat rolls (or something) for Favor over 5? (i.e. you help Vectron spread his word, so he helps you with yours)
>>
>>45260288
>>45260518
>Also Mass Effect, which is as ungritty and tumberific as you can get.
You do realize it was there from day 1, right?
>>
What shit in this game is Ben10 or Steven universe. I am old and don't want to look this shit up.
>>
>>45266817
I think they're referring to fan-stuff posting on the forums, not anything in books.
>>
Question: is there anything tankier than a darksteel promethean?
>>
>>45266918
Difficult to say. The Armor they get is passed up by some other things, but they have that neat ability to survive their limbs being destroyed that can let them to last much longer than they should.

A Wraith can have up to 18 armor in the base game for instance from the 2dot power, and an extra 23 temporary hitpoints once per session, and having 23 critical hitpoints as well. They also can turn phasing to no sell most weapon attacks if the armor isn't enough, just watch out for magical weapons or power field ones.
>>
>>45266584
I like it.
>>
>>45267065
>>45266918
A Daemonhost Paladin in Heavy Power Armor has 21 armor. If the enemy makes the mistake of using a nonsilver or nonmagical weapon, this shoots up to roughly 32 armor.
>>
>>45266918
Possibly, a Wraithbone Promethean, if statted right. But then they'd need to recover their Pyros after the encounter.

>>45266817
Steven Universe ref:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10290681/1/
Ben 10? No idea.

Adventure/campaign idea: Followers of The Raven Queen have learned of a necromancer's plot to release a zombie plague on a given crystal sphere. The players are to hunt down the necromancer and bring back his head, while the followers contain the plague.

Bonus points if the necromancer gets passage offworld on the player's jammer and they don't realize until after he leaves their company.
>>
>>45266817
It's shit, don't worry about it old timer. The rest of us wish we didn't know.
>>
>>45267256
Alternative adventure/campaign idea: Nurglites heave leaned that Followers of The Raven Queen have learned of a necromancer's plot to release a zombie plague on a given crystal sphere. The players are to find the necromancer and keep him safe from rabid bird-fuckers
>>
>>45219904
So do we have Shadowrun stuff in yet?
>>
>>45267782
What elements of Shadowrun does it miss?
>>
>>45267831
I'm not sure, I didn't read the PDF yet.
>>
>>45267930
I'm pretty sure you can run a Shadowrun-ish adventure in Sigil with just the first book. Though I'm uncertain as to how to do Matrix... maybe as a parallel reality, Tron-style
>>
File: Shadowrunner cleans his car.gif (4MB, 400x174px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunner cleans his car.gif
4MB, 400x174px
>>45267782
>So do we have Shadowrun stuff in yet?

To an extent. There are Hacker and Rigger classlines, complete with Hacking rules:

>Hacker
>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10340527/1/

>Rigger
>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10335258/1/

The current campaign I'm running is pretty Shadowrun inspired, with the Factions in Sigil made out like the AAA Megacorps.
>>
Unicorn creator here. Whoever is saying you can use Telekinesis on everything is a moron. Telekinesis doesn't let you grab a dozen things or fly. It lets you pick up things, and maybe some combat actions.

The Unicorn racial power is "Quadruped, double higher of Dexterity/Strength for Speed, and you automatically fail any test that requires hands." In hindsight, I should make it a harsh (like 2k1) penalty instead of autofail.

Psi-Pony grants the homebrew Telekinesis spell, which is basically Wraith's Poltergeist as a Transmutation spell. Honestly, I might as well put the full description of the power in the feat instead of having you search for it.

Also, Mobians are even more of a joke race than Unicorns. They aren't even allowed in the book, so you shouldn't bother arguing about its inclusion that isn't happening.
>>
>>45268563
No, autofail is better. They aren't clumsy hands. They're fucking hooves. They are fucking quadrupeds with hooves and they are fucking awful.
>>
>>45269022
Okay okay, chill out there friendo. I'll just keep it as it is. Besides, most people will just pick up Psi-Pony anyway.
>>
>>45269121
Then get rid of the feat too.
>>
>>45268563
Thanks. Cloven hooves or horse hooves for unicorns?

>>45267709
Ooh. Niiice.

>>45268070
Fluff material that can be substituted for Cyberspace: (Page 20 of "Book 3 Fluff"
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10330808/20/
Search for "CyberRealm".
>>
>>45269303
I'm obligated to give them something to make up for the lack of hands. Consider it a "you're a faggot for playing a pony" tax because they need to buy another feat to do what everyone else does normally.

>>45269351
>Cloven hooves or horse hooves for unicorns?
Horse hooves, I guess? I'm kinda curious as to why you asked.

The CyberRealm fluff is also my creation. One of the Adventure Seeds is basically TRON.
>>
>>45269434
You should at least get rid of the free racial feat they get.
>>
>>45269470
Wait, what free racial feat?
>>
>>45269479
Looks like I was looking at an outdated version of them.
>>
>>45269520
Yeah, if you're ever not sure as to whether the book is outdated or not, check the forum version.
>>
>>45269434
Better grip (on rough terrain or pencils, if held in the cleft), alternative mythological connotations, symbolism, and harder to associate them with the shitposters above. Still nigh-impossible to do lots of conventional fine manipulation with them, though.

>>45269561
Does the drive link's Book of Brew include the latest version?
>>
>>45269782
No, you automatically fail at everything that involves hands. And you automatically fail at life you fucking ponyfag.
>>
>>45269782
>Does the drive link's Book of Brew include the latest version?
The latest version of the book, yes. That's where Doc directly edits the book and adds things to it. As to whether or not it's updated with the forum is a different story.
>>
>>45227214
>>45227223
>>45227230
Panzer creator here, things have been updated based on input since I posted the Panzer here.

CHANGELOG:
- Real Steel gives less VP and is more explicit about death from Panzer destruction
-Newtype now gives Danger Sense and +2k0 to piloting.
-Sniper Platform now specifies vehicle weapons.
-Evasion Platform gives an extra reaction for Evasive Maneuvers instead of broken EM rolls.

I'm digging for more opinions here, I want this to be something people like. And the thread on the zetaboards forum is just off-topic right now.
>>
>>45258724
Well, at least it puts the vehicle class weapons toward the end instead of the beginning.
I don't have too much to say about it, since I don't know how well it would work until it was tested out.
>>
Alright, so I am a DM for a Pathfinder game for my friends. It, along with 4E, are the only systems I have ever played. I have been enraptured by the idea of DtD since its conception though, and would like to probably DM a game. However, I don't recall how to build enemies. Do I stat them like players, just without the exaltation? I kinda hate to say it, but my only real experience is running my friends through Paizo Adventure Paths, and I was looking for some sort of DtD bestiary/Monster Manual. If not, just a quick design walkthrough would be appreciated.
>>
>>45270914
I, as a GM, honestly just eyeball stats and skills until I have something I think would be a threat. And then I progress them through classes as a player would go through them. I usually don't worry about EXP amounts for enemies unless they're someone big and dramatic and I want to know exactly how strong they are.

If you're going to run this I would recommend starting the players off at base character creation, and just throwing things from the book or the forum's monster thread until you know what would be a threat to them and what wouldn't, because things like that change based on party composition and play style.

Also remember to encourage stunting, it's fun and makes players feel more engaged while rewarding them for it as well.
>>
>>45270914
There's monster creation rules in one of the Big Book O' Brew books. The setting & extra rules one, to be exact.

Also, take your players through some other games (like WOD or Dark Heresy) first before jumping right into DtD. The game is better with some context.
>>
>>45271015
This
>>
>>45270914
There is actually a thread on the homebrew forum for stating out monsters.

Personally, I just eyeball things and use rules similar to player creation when making something important.
Don't just give them full classes though, as that will load them down with a ton of feats they probably don't need for their purpose.
>>
>>45270914
>>45271015
I actually had a group of friends that with one exception had never done anything beyond DnD and Pathfinder switch over to DtD. The trick was to get one of them to actually read the first book, which got him ultra interested in the game as well. From there we ranged the others into trying DtD and they fell in love with it. We've been playing it nearly every week for about 2 years now.
>>
>>45271082
That's one hell of a success story. I'm lucky if I can keep a game going for a month.
>>
>>45271015
My only problem lies in that I don't exactly have any history in WoD or Dark Heresy. But I will try to garner some in the meantime.

Thanks to everyone who recommended the forums and extra rules book. Ill be sure to check it out.
>>
>>45271985
When you finally get to run Dungeons: The Dragoning, make sure to have lots of call backs to previous games you played with your group, like 4E and Pathfinder. Like an old enemy (or two put together) coming back or revisiting an old adventure with a DtD twist.
>>
Bumping with copypasta

In a game of Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th Edition, the opening scene must be at least three of the following:
1. On fire.
2. Surrounded by and containing explosions.
3. Full of gunfire and/or deadly lasers.
4. Moving at speeds well in excess of 100 mph.
5. In space (if using option 4 it must be relative to significant collision hazards).
6. Precariously high.
7. Rapidly collapsing.
8. Made of mook corpses.
9. About to be crushed or otherwise obliterated by an angry god or giant space monster.
10. Backed by a soundtrack featuring some corny metal band or Kenny Loggins.
>>
>>45277438
My first session took place on an Asylum for the Magicall and Mechanically insane, carved out of an asteroid in the Astral Sea.
One of the party member's went there looking for magical artifacts after hearing a rumor. The Magical Artifact turned out to be the Darksteel Promethean player character. And of course, the insane, daemonhost explodomancer player character was there too and his spirit mentor (? maybe? He had a lot of voices in his head) told him it was time to leave. Needless to say, the two of them busting out caused a great deal of fire, explosions, collapsing and corpses.
>>
>>45277610
An average session for DtD.
>>
>>45277807
What was yours?
>>
File: 1445437662838.gif (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445437662838.gif
422KB, 640x480px
>>45266188
More virtue ideas
Luna: (piecemeal ideas for virtue progress)
4. Attend the monthly ceremony to Luna
3. >No idea
2. Going inna woods - er, connecting with nature via immersion.
1. Respecting nature.

Acerath (some say Acerak):
>Seeking other's secrets
>"Two can keep a secret if one is dead or divine. Three can't."
>Seeking balance between rationality, emotion, and perception
>Maintaining secrets, no matter how trivial
>Maintaining knowledge that's in danger

Moradin:
>Playing Dwarf Fortress

>>45277610
>pic related
>>
What would Gork and Mork be like in Dungeons: The Dragoning?
>>
>>45281411
Probably one of the Grey Council gods, I imagine both would be one alignment.
>>
>>45280601
>3. >No idea

3. Preventing the mistreatment of an animal.
>>
>>45281492
Indeed. If there had to be a difference, I'd put it in how they rank virtues and sins while keeping the elements in each list the same. (After all, Gork is brutal but kunnin', while Mork is kunnin' but brutal.) But keeping them in the same alignment is kunnin'ly simple and brutally proppa.
>>
>>45281794
>Alignment transgression 1.
>Muckin' about
>>
>>45281794
Well, the two orders for it like those listed for the existing alignments would be Gorkians and Morkians.
>>
>>45281862
We should make a full chart for them followed by a reverse chart for good things.
>>
>>45285303
>2. Disrepektin' Ork Kulture.
>>
>>45285424
>3. Turnin' down a good scrap
>>
>>45285303
Good idea.
>>
>>45277807
I had a compaign start with a foul secretive ritual sacrifice of a child, being torn apart by wolves for offending Luna.

Then the Kobold Mad Scientist Bus Driver showed up and took the giant tree druid to go rob a liquor store.
Which, yes, exploded.
>>
The Zeta Beta game ended a while ago. Way too tired to give the whole story now, but lets just say we had to roll Perils of the Warp like five times. I'll tell the full story tomorrow. Keep this thread up until then.
>>
>>45296571
It was more like three times.
>>
File: DtD Zeta Beta.png (971KB, 952x682px) Image search: [Google]
DtD Zeta Beta.png
971KB, 952x682px
Alright, the party was the following:

>Cyclotron, Warforged Paragon Monk
>Bridget, Fairy Kryptonian Fighter
>Iris, Cyclops Evoluder Warlock
>William D Kline, Dullahan Fool Gambler
>Night, Duskling Perpetual Assassin

Our job was to defeat Lord Asshole, who was harassing a village or something. I was late to the test session, so I was a little lost at first. My memory is a little hazy, so some of the other players can correct me on the details if I get something wrong.

Anyway, our first opponents were two skeletons named Helvetica and Arial. After one of them is taken down by vehicle artillery, Iris max pushed her Magic Missile to hit the other one. >>45298672 can answer how the Missile got reflected (don't recall), and it knocked Night out of the fight. Cyclotron then threw Bridget at a skeleton so that she could smash it to death with her darksteel chair. We couldn't stabilize Night, so he killed himself so he could revive later.

Once we got inside the castle, we had an encounter with an evil elf wizard. Lord Asshole (a giant walking ass with arms and legs) appeared, and the boss battle began. Iris got first initiative, and maxed out another Magic Missile. We got teleport storm, knocking out Cyclotron when he fell from the air Bridget was occupying. Iris then hit the switch for the iron gate of the castle, trapping Lord Asshole where William was. I smashed him with the chair, and William finished him off with vehicle weapons. Lord Asshole's elf minion had to roll for shock (as his master just EXPLODED), and Iris blew him up with another Magic Missile. The Perils caused all adjacent characters to take 17 R damage, knocking me out.

All and all, pretty fun adventure. Can't wait for the next session.
>>
>>45298824
Yus.
>>
Have custom weapons been fixed yet?
>>
>>45301879
Weapon creation rules or vehicle weapons for the Panzer?
>>
>>45303649
Weapon creation.
>>
>>45303710
What is broken about them? They seem to work rather well.
>>
>>45303845
I mainly hear complaints about pricing. Is it true that you can make a weapon identical to a preexisting one and it will cost more?
>>
>>45303891
I never managed to make a weapon to match one of the pre-existing ones, it's always inferior in some way, be it price or utility. Not sure if it's the fault of the weapon creation system or if the pre-existing ones are too good
>>
>>45304131
Make an automatic shotgun. The system can handle that pretty well.
>>
>>45304131
Use a preexisting weapon as a template then add mods via weapon creation rules. That more or less allows you to make whatever you want
>>
>>45304842
This works well.
>>
I made a Borderlands themed custom weapon table. Would any of you be interested in me making a table for each individual manufacturer?
>>
>>45313509
I am running a bit of a Shadowrun inspired campaign, so more Megacorp fun is always good.
>>
>>45315504
What's your game like?
>>
Here's those weapon tables, if you guys wanted them. Made some additions. Incomplete.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10413486/1/
>>
>>45313509
perhaps also just a random gun table.

like "roll for type, quality, Munition type, flaws, etc."

it might be a powerful GM tool as just that...

and another one for melee weapons too...

just so long as a roll of straight tens gets you a pair of best quality dildo-chucks
>>
File: dSgTvbFw.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dSgTvbFw.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>45321288
DtD is ready.
>>
New homebrew alignment.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10413657/1/

Does it count against Adam's religion to guide lesser races to mah dick as long as it is for recreation?
>>
>>45322801
Sex as part of an alignment and NOT Slaanesh?
>>
>>45325867
Psssh, Sex is only Slaaneshi if you up the ante every time.
>>
There's a new homebrew Crystal Sphere for Autochthon.
>>
File: Shadowrun_Mentor_spirit.jpg (725KB, 1279x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_Mentor_spirit.jpg
725KB, 1279x1535px
>>45317854
Pretty good so far. The team is running undercover as mercs to scope out an organization for the Verdant guild, of which one of the PC's is a member. Did a job for the Fixr they were sent to with cover stories to prove their cred, and then he set them up with their first job working for the group.
>>
File: Low level shadowrunner.jpg (150KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
Low level shadowrunner.jpg
150KB, 690x388px
>>45317854
>>45333702
Splitting this up became 4chan is claiming this is spam and I didn't know which part.

Anyway the party is a Spark Rigger who also moonlights as their Hacker, a Dryad Strigoi that works as their muscle and a Wraith Assassin who is a phenomenal infiltrator.
They didn't have an actual mage but a friend might be joining the party that will be playing a dorf Dragonblood magic user. It would be a good thing since otherwise they have no one that knows how to dispel which would let enemy casters walk all over them. The Spark will be able to help quite a bit with magic for the party by making widgets that can be passed around and casting most out of actions spells for the party, helping to free up Spell Space for the Mage.

The biggest change to the gameplay so far is the change I made to the Wealth system for the purpose of this style of game. With how the Wealth system works in DtD it is hard to pay people for doing jobs, unless you give them things like items for it while in Shadowrun the money is just as important as Karma even. To counter that, I've cooked up a rudimentary system of Throne values for items based on rarity so that they can actually get paid for their runs.
>>
>>45333762
Mind posting those numbers? You're not the first one to encounter problems with paying the party
>>
>>45333762
>>45335012
Yes please
>>
>>45333762
>Dryad Strigoi
Did she get that racial feat that makes her immune to sunlight?
>>
File: 1432493315587.jpg (115KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
1432493315587.jpg
115KB, 560x375px
>>45337610
What if it didn't?
>The Dryad steps into sunlight and promptly bursts into flame
>>
>>45338937
Well, Strigoi can turn to stone to avoid sunlight, but yeah. Bad idea.
>>
>>45337610
You know it.

She's a member of the Verdant Guild, a druid and to put things gently, she has very strong views on the treatment of plants and animals.
Didn't stop her from befriending a patch of Razorvine though. Or converting it into a Strigoi.
>>
>>45340188
>Or converting it into a Strigoi.
You can do that?
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.