[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k RPG general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 31

File: 1217874116644.jpg (159KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1217874116644.jpg
159KB, 1900x1200px
Ruthless efficiency edition

40k:
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM
https://my.mixtape.moe/jbsyqt.pdf

and 40K accessories:
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

Enemies Beyond has not been shared yet.
>>
What is the most unconventional thing anybody in your party used to kill someone/something?
>>
>>45217858

I am looking at running a campaign here soon, I was wondering where everyone else sits on the tone of the universe.

Do you prefer the pulpy action adventure throwing into a sort of comic relief the grimdarkness or do you play it straight and soul crushing?
>>
>>45218209
A Land Raider. Dropped from a Thunderhawk Transporter with the Killteam inside, directly onto the Hive Tyrant's head.
>>
>>45218266
Depends on the group.
>>
>>45218266
Pulpy action adventure with the understanding that horrible things are happening just offscreen, often at the PCs' command. But then, I run Rogue Trader. The average ship combat results in several thousand pointless redshirt deaths at a minimum, and that's only friendly casualties.
>>
>>45218266
This is something that upsets me greatly - I honestly love both, but a lot of people lose the entire "most cruel, bloody and oppressive tyranny" bit. It can be portrayed in a comical self-parody over-the-top way with people being sent off to penal worlds for failing to return a book to the library on time or in a more realistic way (stalinism of Lord Ebongrave comes to mind), although somehow people assume imperium at large is more or less our modern age with slight religious slant.
I almost heard one person nearly mentioning something about human rights when he saw Arbites mauling some civilians to a bloody pulp because of reasons. And the person wasn't that new to the setting. I mean, come on, it's 41st millenium.
>>
>>45218611
it does seem to be that the three things that guarantee your life is going to suck is if the world you live on has a high population/technology level/resources
high resources? horror stack mining world, high population? shitpoor hive world, high technology? have fun with the faceless mechanicus sending some vorax robots into your hab block to enact population control

but depending on wether you live in an active wartorn sector, feral worlds all the way up to modern worlds dont seem too damn bad, agri worlds seem pretty chill and I suppose if you were pious a shrine world might not be terrible either

you really wanna live as a peasant in 40k? hope your born on a cemetary world and you got an archeotech shovel
>>
>>45218755
>have fun with the faceless mechanicus sending some vorax robots into your hab block to enact population control
That's not the Imperium's style, too wasteful of perfectly good bodies. No, they'll send in five regiments of PDF armed with tasers and shock batons into the lower hive, stunning everyone they see and stacking their unconscious bodies ten high like fucking sandbags in the back of a Rhino. Then they haul those tens of thousands of people on board a ship, give them a complimentary flak jacket and lasgun, and send them into the Guard so the governor can satisfy the manpower tithe without gutting his planetary defenses.
>>
>>45218977
the implication with the vorax comment was that you lived on a forge world (i said high technology :P)
and the reason i said that is one of its uses is occasionally culling menial populations on forge worlds, presumably because they like to keep the menial population at a certain limit for resource efficiency or something
and even on a hive world a planetary governor might have already made his tithe requirements so i could see him starving out or collapsing a particularly unruly habblock because its just easier
>>
>>45219094
>>45218755
Anyway, no shit being a peasant in a highly stratified feudal society sucks diseased moose wang, that's about as obvious as the sun rising in the east (Assuming whatever planet you're on doesn't rotate backwards or north/south or whatever). That's why most DH 2e characters are Adepta members or of equivalent social class with them, IE, comfortably middle-class by Imperial standards. You're not on top by a long shot, but you're also not underhive scum trolling a waste sump looking for interesting detritus to sell so you can buy a litre of promethium, three dead rats, and a moldy blanket so you can survive the coming hab-freeze tonight. Which would be an interesting game, but it wouldn't be Dark Heresy.
>>
>>45219265
my point wasnt that being a peasant sucks, but thats its largely dependant on what planet/sector your on/in
if your in a sector that is either being hit by a crusade or recruiting for one in an adjacent sector even the nobility can be subject to recruitment
the only non-shit places for just any part of the imperial strata are worlds that are not too important and far from conflict
however doing a hive ganger game with the FFG system while dodging magistratum and arbites for larger ops would be amusing
>>
>>45219481
>however doing a hive ganger game with the FFG system while dodging magistratum and arbites for larger ops would be amusing
I once ran a one-shot centered around a group of minor gangers and malcontents, a witch and a stray heretek raiding a penal enclave in order to steal something dangerous for their crime boss.
40k offers wealth of lore for campaigns which don't involve the inquisition, IG or rogue traders.
>>
>>45219605
oh i know, friend wants to run a navi house campaign using RT but mostly in calixis
>>
File: Untitled.png (33KB, 1152x103px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 1152x103px
I wonder what the bright side of the Imperium looks like?
You think an "electro-society" has flying cars?
>>
>>45219686
if your world has a specialty in grav plating im sure there are plenty of "flying cars"
>>
>>45218209
Throne filled with promethium.
>>
File: 6159352_orig[1].jpg (39KB, 640x269px) Image search: [Google]
6159352_orig[1].jpg
39KB, 640x269px
>>45218209
In a recent Black Crusade game
>have two traitor legionnaires
>during a night raid on a storage warehouse the chosen throws a dude at another dude for massive damage (seriously look at the throwing rules) and they both basically explode into gore
>later
>champion is trying to get free stuff because they're infiltrating and can't/don't want to use infamy
>it's cool all he wants is a hand-cannon
>while disguised in a back alley bazaar he sees a guy packing heat
>decides to throw him against a wall like the chosen
>rolls poorly on strength and rolls minimum damage
>regardless the guy gets to critical 1
>he's sitting there back to wall and looks up to see through the blood in his eyes a giant man in robes walking up with a bent lead pipe
>he's sitting so the champion has +10 to hit him because he's on the ground, he's got a surprise action before and he's surprised so +30 on the first hit
>he fucking misses
>dude is coming back from concussion and pulls out his gun to fire
>hits
>champion swings
>misses
>continue until the fucking handcannon is out of ammo and he has gotten three hits in on the literal god of death trying to do a murder on him for his dakka
>stands up with half action
>walks away
>free attack and what do you know, he misses
>he gets about two full moves away before the player decides to pick up a dumpster and throw it
>absolutely murders him and the crowd he slipped into
>his primarch's face when teaching CQC
>>
>>45218209
DW, so probably not as impressive

>BA successor Assault Marine chewed and ate the face and large chunk of the throat of an enemy during melee fight, prompting the remainder of adversaries to flee.

>Another marine hopped on top of a Leman Russ tank and struck the barrel with enough force to leave a large dent, which caused the shell fired on tank's crew round to explode in the barrel, killing the crew instantly and cooking off tank's ammunition
>>
>>45218209
An elevator.

In fact, in that game about 16 people died in elevators...

>A squad of 4 Arbites troopers who went crazy and attacked us in an elevator got mulched by point-blank full-auto..
>A group of like 5 thieves who tried to steal something form us got Chunky Salsa'd by two grenades in an elevator.
>We knocked about 5 gangers out, then threw them down an elevator shaft to kill them and dispose of the bodies.
>We disguised as other gangers, then flat out murdered their wheelchair-confined boss when transporting him down an elevator.
>The Scum and Psyker were stuck in an elevator shaft, the latter hanging on the former's feet while he desperately held on for dear life. Kicking the Psyker in the face until he let go in order to save himself.
>Then there was the time the Tech-Priest went mad, charged at us trying to escape a firefight in an elevator, we cut off his head half-way in.
>>
>>45220595
>An elevator.
My Only War party almost had an elevator dropped on them by a chaos marine
It was a lone wolf marine boss fight. Pretty intense, it ended though when one of the guardsmen got a really good roll and got a melta bomb on his leg. He was still alive (minus a leg) but they finished him with a few bolts
>>
>>
Question for the people here, given the option would you rather be an Inquisitor or a Rouge Trader?
>>
>>45222452
>Rouge Trader
Would I rather be an Inquisitor or a mascara salesman, shit, tough choice.
>>
>>45222452
Rogue Trader. Rogue Traders can live their lives relatively risk free if they want.
Inquisitors, at best you're infiltrating chaos cults and at worst fighting massive armies that cause walls to bleed and combat with is described as "fighting a tornado of unreason"
>>
>>45222452
I would prefer to be a Rogue Trader due to riches, plunder, nigh-infinite (by imperial standards) freedom, adventures, rediscovery of lost worlds and exploitation of existing, intrigue, drinking with Seneshal, that vicious bastard, shagging Eldar waifus and pursue exotic pleasures and discover wonders of the Galaxy.

However, given the actual choice, I'd choose duty to Mankind and safeguarding it from the dangers that lurk within, without and beyond, spending my years in thankless, brutal labour, toiling unsung and unremembered so advancing darkness can be held at bay for another moment.
>>
File: Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader.jpg (80KB, 630x900px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader.jpg
80KB, 630x900px
>>45222452
Motherfucking Rogue Trader.

I get a ship, a crew, and a license to travel wherever I fucking want in the Galaxy.
Sure I can serve the Imperium, but I also get to look out for my own interests first, and I get to play the role of "big damn hero".
>>
>>45222491

But couldn't an Inquisitor just go co-opt a Rouge Trader and head out exploring anyways telling the Ordos "Hey man, I know that we haven't explored this section of the galaxy in a while but the one reference document we have refers to that star there as baleful so I'm gonna go check it out make sure there aren't any heretics or xenos." At the point the Rouge Trader is bank rolled by the Inquisition and the Inquisitor gets out of the politics game and possibly even brings back some good artifacts. Seems like a win-win
>>
>>45222452
Out of the two, I would like to be a rouge trader, but I think I would chose inquisitor for the sake of duty
>>
File: tumblr_ns0frjK2481tvfheeo1_1280.jpg (330KB, 1280x1329px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns0frjK2481tvfheeo1_1280.jpg
330KB, 1280x1329px
>>45222609
Not really. Ultimately, Inquisitors are accountable to conclaves, their lord and the such and it is not unheard of for some to be censured by Inquisitorial Conclave for wasteful spending of resources fucking Thorians.
Also, people who wait out to grab a rosette only to enjoy inquisitorial funding either don't make it past interrogator - becoming one isn't as simple as paying XP for an elite advance in Dark Heresy 2 rulebook.

On a completely unrelated note, do your players make use of battlefield call-signs, nicknames or some such?
>>
>>45222609
>>45222763
>Rouge
You know, usually if it's just once or twice, I try to calm my autism and not say shit, but Emprah's sweaty ballsack, you have no fucking excuse for this shit.
A ROUGE Trader is a mascara salesman. A ROGUE Trader is someone with a Warrant of Trade. Take 10 fucking seconds to check, you fucking dingleberries. GOD.
>>
>>45222779

I wouldn't say they were holding out for the funding but the sort of nose to the grindstone cult investigations would be handled by the Hereticus wouldn't it? The Ordos Xeno has to do more exploring beyond the fringes of human space.

Either way I would actually prefer to go with the Inquisitor, I can't think of many things that a Rouge Trader could do that an Inquisitor couldn't figure out a way to do and you get access to state secrets. I never could pass up the chance to learn state secrets.
>>
>>45222836

Ah sorry that makes >>45222491 make way more sense, relying on auto-correct a bit too much
>>
How do I quickly make round tokens for r20? I only use square, but they look like shit. Should I not care and do bare miniumum because my players are happy to be in a game anyway?
>>
>>45222491
>>45222779
Except that is literally the plot of both Eisenhorn and Ravenor.

In DH2, anyways, Influence is the measure of your ability to do that. That's absolutely what a high-influence Inquisitor should do.
>>
>>45218209
A space marine dreadnought body slamming a Tau patrol
>>
Does anyone know what kind of tactics and stratagems the Celestial Lions chapter used? I'm trying to build a post-fuckpocalypse planet with them on it. Like, if they used fliers, bikes, liked or hated psykers, those kind of things.
>>
>>45222779
My players have just completely replaced their names with (admittedly silly) nicknames. Albino, Hot Rod, Ish, Jerk, Priest Boy
>>
I feel like frenzy should boost movement. Should frenzy boost movement?
>>
>>45222779
In a Deathwatch campaign, my players referred to each other by their characters' homeworld, except for the Iron Hands Techpriest who went by "Mars". Cephian (Black Templar Assault), Ra (Raptor Tactical), and Inwit (Imperial Fists Devastator). It was a pretty neat decision, so I gave their brother captain (who gave orders and advice over radio but never actually showed up in person) the callsign "Macragge" to fit in.
>>
Assistance bitte!

What kind of interesting encounters could be had in a huge morgue in wh40k? Environmental threats? There are crypts for institution's founders underneath too so something may happen there as well!
>>
>>45218266
I've always believed that the rules push a pulp adventure bend, the players+GM must present the world as being as awful as it is.
I recently had to personally capture and gut a local enforcer before a hive gang he was trying to infiltrate. It was ugly work and a worse fate for someone that did nothing save his Emperor appointed duty and have the bad luck to run into me that day.
>I brought down the mood of the entire table that day
>>45225244
I believe they were a Codex chapter.
>>45226331
No. Huff some drugs for that, be alright.
>>
>>45228133
Decaying architecture, incredibly loyal families of servants, genestealers, heretics, secrets that someone doesn't want known.
>>
>>45228133
Read Eisenhorn "Malleus". In a large morgue, you will have lots of servitors, techpriests to maintain cogitaters, adepts maintaining records, the staff itself will be heavily augmented, often replacing limbs with tools.
>>
>>45218209
carnosaurs
>>
>>45222779
Our group adopted callsigns representing different aspects of the Emperor.

The Inquisitor, who is also a blank, goes by Contempt, the Techpriest's callsign is Dogma (this was a little tricky as he's not the Emperor's Dogma, but an Omnissiah boy, but we managed), the assassin noble in the middle is the Emperor's Mercy (which he often dispenses when not chased around by now-daemonic remnants of his house, seriously if you think your molesting uncle was bad, think again), and the former stormtrooper medic goes by Duty.

Together, we fight heresy.
>>
>>45228970
Forgot the pic
>>
>>45228813
We once drifted a Rhino at full speed into a Necron Lord, whilst I rolled out the door to finish it off with a perfect Combi-Melta shot. That was pretty cool.

Friend of mine took on a Hammerhead with a knife. That... didn't end well.
>>
>>45228970
Is the blank/inquisitor a PC?
>>
>>45229169
Yes. All NPCs on his retinues also have similarly chosen callsigns though.
>>
>>45229229
Kind of a xp hungry concept that. Has he had problems filling gaps in his competance? Or do the "all skills" inquisitor talents help deal with that?
>>
>>45229388
>problems filling gaps in his competence
Like you have no idea, not necessarily from xp point of view.
Seriously though, jack of all trades seems to work splendidly.
We're at some 14k XP, so most major holes are plugged as it were
>>
>>45229413
>14,000xp

Oh. Right. Fair enough, that'll do it.
>>
In DH2e, is there any way for me to continue using primitive weapons as a mainstay, or is it a case of, "hey, it's all shit!".
I mean, I'm really fucking attached to my mono'd great sword, even if it isn't as baller as it was in DH1e. I am struggling with the idea of holding true to my character, and doing my part (brutally kunnin' murderer of men, beasts and xenos by night, steel wall for my brothers by day) for the warband.
I've even briefly thought about becoming a psyker, and having my blade worked into being a force sword.
>>
>>45229717
Get it broken then reforged into an evisrcerator.
>>
>>45229779
I don't the awesome Proven 3 bonus, then.
I'm expressly trying to avoid chain weapons, because LOUD WHIRLING DEATH gets in the way of Brutally Kunnin' Murderin'.
>>
>>45229803
Space monkey weaponsmith.
>>
>>45229821
Which will likely never happen with my GM, as he is very much about the grimdark oppressive atmosphere.
We've had long, vocal arguments about the direction that 5e TT went, with my support of bringing back some of the over the top glam elements like jokaero and wacky fluff, and he staunchly opposed it all.
That said, I started playing 40k in '90, he started with 4e, poor lad. I also turned his last game in Borderlands 40k with copious amounts of Not Give a Fuck and Never Look At Explosions, so I'm not pushing my luck.
>>
>>45229846
Well, not much I can say then if the GM is going to be uncooperative.
>>
>>45229860
There is a line I do not want to push.
Even then, how would I justify it IC?
My feral world assassin wants to find a mythical space monkey techgenius to make his sword more awesome so he can mechanically contribute?
>>
GMing a DH2 last night.

That night I learn Tau Fire Warriors are flameble.

The Psyker pull a Coronel Mustang and spontenues combusted the poor xenos over and over again.

While the rest of the party was jamming their weapons or shooting the wall on full auto burst.
>>
I remember in DH there where tables for skin colour hair and other stuff for each world. In DH2 that seems to be missing and the one that is on the FFG webpage only has the ones for the core book.

Anyone has an expansion for the new home worlds and the other things like mementos for the different background and roles?
>>
>>45230047
Buy more grenades.
>>
>>45230068
They didn´t want to risk it. Small and enclose tunnel. And the Tau where a surprise for them.

Till that point they where expecting Genestealer cult or some dreg. Not a trio of Tau.
>>
>>45230064
These are listed as supplements for their respective books (Within, Without, Beyond).
>>
>>45230152
I feel like an idiot now.
>>
>>45230124
Where was the surpressive fire?
>>
>>45230203
No idea, my players panic and went full auto at close cuarters.

Missing and jamming everything. Resulting in the psyker burning the fuck out of the Tau.
>>
>>45230238
>my players panic and went full auto at close quarters.
Oh my god, my IG officer would have gone ape shit.
>>
>>45230263
I blame partially the unexpected Fire Warrior.

The Tech Priest hang himself from the tunnel ceiling with his Manipulator claw, they set an ambush on the side corridor waiting for the Cultist/Dreg.

Tau show up and well everything went to shit no idea why they panic so much.
>>
File: 20160205_133704_2.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133704_2.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: 20160205_133715_1.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133715_1.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45230636
>>
File: 20160205_133729.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133729.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45230650
>>
File: 20160205_133741.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133741.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>45230672
>>
File: 20160205_133844.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133844.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45230700
>>
>>45230717
I love you man, but could you upload the pictures to Imgur? 4chan seems to unable to handle images so large. :(
>>
>>45230743
What are all this. New splat book?
>>
Fucking stop.
Put them into an archive, upload them onto a filedump, then post link. Don't flood the thread.

And while you're at it, make a better shots. Non-tilted would be a good start.
>>
>>45230743
Oh, wait. It's working now.
>>
>>45230751
Enemies Beyond.
>>
>>45230717
Crusader pretty please?
>>
File: 20160205_133810.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_133810.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45230984
>>
>>45231018
Is there new talents in this book? Can we have pictures please?
>>
>>45231018
Thanks Anon. Our soon to be warband glorify your name between the heroes of the Imperium!
>>
>>45218209
A cloak of dead rats.
Normally our scum uses it to slither away to a safer position, but he managed to get a stealth kill from behind after slipping into the shadows.
>>
>>45229717
>>45229846
>>45229846
>>45229878
Get better materials for your primitive metal sword. Justify it as a quest for starmetal etc. (And then add Lathe-materials etc) Admech can create great weapons as well.
Space Monkey searching sounds just wrong.
>>
Im looking for character art for a female Inquisitor if anyone has anything appropriate.
>>
>>45231042
As >>45230755 so kindly noted, I do kind of suck at photographing the book. But, what the fuck, I'll do my best for you. Should keep you going til someone with a scanner gets it, right?
>>
>>45231101
Unless he used the aforementioned cloak to smother someone with it, that doesn't really count.
>>
>>45231123
You are doing us a great favor and I thank you for it. I don't care about the quality, as long as i can read it. Just thanks for what you already given us.
>>
File: 20160205_144542_2_bestshot.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_144542_2_bestshot.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>45231123
>>
>>45229717
Ever thought of coating a blade with poison?
>>
File: 20160205_144356_4_bestshot.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_144356_4_bestshot.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45231156
>>
>>45231150
>>45231086

You guys are sweet but I'm a bored neckbeard with a book and a smartphone camera he doesn't really know how to use. Let's not get carried away.

I hope >>45231156 and >>45231175 are just about readable.
>>
>>45231188
I can read it fine. Thanks.
May I also ask for the astropath's new spells/talents and the two new psychic disciplines please?
>>
>>45228993
Oh it's you guys from last thread!
>>
>>45231162
Add ons are entirely different, and tox runs out.
I want something better at a basic level.
>>
>>45231980
Astartes claymore
>>
>>45232102
That I can't wield due to Astartes weaponry rules.
Would be baller as hell tho.
>>
>>45232185
It just counts as being one step bigger (pistols become basic, basic become heavy and heavy become mounted)
>>
>>45232198
2 handed melee weapons for Astartes are out of reach for normal men.
>>
>>45232226
Sell your soul to chaos for extra str
> become berserk
>>
>>45229717
Do you have know a talented weapon smith who could upgrade it to best quality (+10 WS & +1 damage)? Would your character be willing to be augmented? Best quality syntmuscle offers 4 unnatural strength (near unique though...) Crushing Blow trait adds half of your WS bonus to damage and Hammer Blow traids adds half your strength bonus to pen and gives concussive 2 if you go all out
>>
>>45232448
>Do you have know a talented weapon smith who could upgrade it to best quality (+10 WS & +1 damage)?
Nope!
>Would your character be willing to be augmented?
Yup!
>Best quality syntmuscle offers 4 unnatural strength (near unique though...)
Hah! Good luck!
>Crushing Blow trait adds half of your WS bonus to damage and Hammer Blow traids adds half your strength bonus to pen and gives concussive 2 if you go all out
Those are granted, but I still am looking for a better basic tool for when the one I have fails me.
>>
>>45232543
Willing to switch to power?

Power Great Sword
Melee
2d10+5 E
Pen 5
Unbalanced, Power Field
7kg
Extremely Rare
>>
>>45232543
Poison injector upgrade from core book. Chance for d10 extra dmg on 10 attacks
>>
>>45232543
The new Enemies Beyond book has a load of talents and the like that buff your damage based off Psy Rating or requiring fate point expenditure, if that helps?
>>
>>45231980
>and tox runs out.
Then restock.
>>
>>45231175
Was there new weapons?
>>
>>45232956
buff your damage based off Psy Rating
Intriguing.. Yet Force Weapons do this already. Could be over the top?

>> requiring fate point expenditure, if that helps?
Blah why this gamism all the time. Why FFG?
>>
sendspace

7p1xyi

gz5ijd
>>
>>45232543
put an exterminator on it for a one use flamer attack

have it reforged into a great weapon or a flail of chastisement for more damage

taking the frenzy, crushing blow, deathdealer, hammerblow talents

buying light powerarmour

open every battle with rad grenades
>>
>>45233209
1. Because it is a game, and ignoring mechanics for fluff is how you get games like 3.pf D&D that must use real life justification for somethings, and MAGIC for others.
2. So people have a reason to USE the things that they have. By RAW, fate points refresh fairly frequently, so you need not hoard them.
>>
>>45233333
didn't login for me, thanks though
>>
I'd sick a duck for a link to a rogue trader core rulebook scan.
>>
>>45233940
There's a pdf in the OP links. You don't need to suck anything.
>>
How do I find a Rogue Trader for Rogue Trader who won't freak out over something? I've got a full party that won't have an actual RT for the first session, which is tonight, because the second RT in a row quit suddenly. I'm at a loss.
>>
>>45233964
if the man wants to suck dick, let him suck dick
>>
>>45234016
No he wants to make a duck sick.
>>
File: tumblr_nbz6a1XbVJ1tjmbt8o5_500.png (410KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbz6a1XbVJ1tjmbt8o5_500.png
410KB, 467x750px
>>45233333
Not login but file names.
Thanks man, also nice quints
>>
>>45233992
Er, anon, what's going on?
This screams storytime.
>>
I can't figure out this sendspace site. It has to shared specifically with me? fuckin machine spirits
>>
Alright, need a piece of quick advice.
I'm the DH2e guardsman who, with a fellow IG (pogue scum, but IG gotta stick together I guess), are set to storm a cultist stronghold to rescue the warband's sister who was captured.
We met the warband, and I told them (sage adept/seeker?heretek/seeker noble) we were going, and that they should stay behind because "You lot aren't soldiers and not made for killin' or dyin'". Amazingly enough, they didn't argue, and we ended session.
Now, as a player, while I do feel entirely this was in character, believing that a bunch of civilians and notsoldiers would only get in the way of a dedicated firefight, certain lines of thought about not splitting the party when it means people will sit out on adventures has filtered in.
Should I... have not done this? Should I have allowed rp and following character logic to step back before the fun of the group and the ease of running the game for the GM? OOC, I am running basic odds that the entire group, while capable as a basic entity, would be very much underarmed and armored for such an assault, and my plan was to take my sneaky dude and a few good blades, creep into the base, slit throats and set traps, rescue the damsel while my hive gang allies make noise outside, and skidaddle.
>>
>>45234259

Anon, write in adress bar sendspace.com/file/ and then paste this set of symbols.
>>
>>45234356
I roleplayed my guardsman medic as not giving a fuck about nobles and forcing them to come fight alongside me, even if he constantly surrender/ curled up the fetal position.

But in your situation, get a microbead or vox caster and have them give you advice and help with lore checks and tech use. so they can talk to you and aren't cut out of the game.
>>
>>45234490
We all have microbeads (gifts from our handler), but the battlefield is set to be far away from the warband's staging point. Like, middle hive to underhive far away, and it's even out of range of microbeads (some 4 clicks by boot).
If you aren't there, you got nothing to do with it, and the good guy player in me balks at having the entire group sit around for 1+ hours as we battle our way in a complex. By head count, these guys have numbers topping 40+, with at least one psyker, armed with local autoguns, basically space aks, big fucking slugs where 10+ damage per hit is NOT rare.
>>
>>45233333
<3
>>
>>45234572
see if your gm will let vox casters talk to micro beads. I always allow it
>>
>>45234572
Ask them to roll secondary IG PCs to go with you to your battle?

Now other Players can participate!
>>
>>45234098

Not much to tell. The first guy came from a Gamefinder thread on here and seemed okay-ish at first, but then when the Navigator lobbied for a different starting ship hull in group chat he told me that the Navigator was a fucking autist and that the group was a toxic environment (this despite interacting with them for maybe an hour and not playing a single session), then he said he was doing the mature thing and leaving before I blocked him to cut off the self-praise.

Second guy seemed better, from the Giant in the Playground forums, then when I sent out a reminder for tonights shipbuilding and character introduction session he flipped out because at no point did he look at the scheduled time on the roll20 listing that was right above the post outlining the groups very few houserules and other important information. He said he couldn't deal with this shit and left abruptly instead of asking to change the time (which is not actually unreasonable). I'm not sure when he was planning on learning when we were going to play, since he never asked or attempted to look up what time the game was going to be played.

Now I'm probably going to have to do a decrepit old man RT NPC on the hunt for a young, ambitious fellow to take on as his heir (for when we eventually find a replacement) all the way through the Into the Maw module and probably an endeavor or two past that.

I'd thought that actually running the game or doing the crunchy prep would be the hard part. But no. And now we might lose the Astropath too.
>>
>>45234777
This. Or call in a replacement character
>>
File: 1454592479054.jpg (129KB, 796x412px) Image search: [Google]
1454592479054.jpg
129KB, 796x412px
>>45233333
Love you man...

>One-on-One
Came buckets
>>
>>45234773
We can do so, but due to ingame circumstances, they really wouldn't be able to talk freely to us.
>>45234777
>>45234799
Assault happens in a day, and I couldn't call in reinforcement characters without blowing my cover entirely, or at least, assisting the rest of the group in blowing our subtlety out of the goddamn water.
I may talk ooc with the group, and nudge them towards insisting they come along. My character would recognize they are part of the warband, too, and have the right to fight for their captured comrade as much as I.
>>
So can we have a list of everything in the armoury?
>>
File: c1783ad9fab2d9b86f8b2bfdbdaf5c0c.jpg (151KB, 620x1173px) Image search: [Google]
c1783ad9fab2d9b86f8b2bfdbdaf5c0c.jpg
151KB, 620x1173px
>>45218209
grenade in a servo skull.
more interestingly though. throwing a minions corpse out the window in a last ditch effort to killl a planetary governor. I had to kill the minion first. Black crusade is fun
>>
>>45235090
>1v1 me, faggot: the talent
I think I like this, mang.
>>45235344
Gonna have to make that yourself, omae.
>>
>>45220112
fucking lol. dice game man, kills the tension sometimes.
>>
>>45222452
IRL, rogue trader, all the riches and freedom.
In an RPG, tough choice, but both sound fun.
>>
>>45222482
typos kill
>>
>>45228993
cool pic.
>>
>>45233333
The format is lost on me, what do?
>>
>>45235090

Wow, it's a better version of the talent that showed up in TFiY.
>>
Is there any more details on 'Celestial Phenomena' outside of the Rogue Trader core rulebook?

An Ork ship is supposed to go kaboom in a big way, and I'm thinking of making it the equivalent of difficult terrain in and around it for a Round or two.
>>
Since I am running a Imperial Knight game, I want to ask you /40kRPG/, what is the strangest (also coolest) and most interesting environments to have a setpiece battle in with Imperial Knights?

Currently, I've thought up
>Void-Pirate fort of chained together asteroids and voidstations
>Boarding action
>Primordial swamp with giant insects
>not!Mustafar
>Oceanic seabed
>>
Looking for feedback on a campaign I plan on doing. I want to start the deathwatch players at distinquished, an elite squad formed to face the brunt of an forming ork waaaaagh! pouring out of Greenskin space.

After a few missions they get sent in to kill the warboss at which point an incredulous (and hopefully defeated warboss) bemoans that with the backing of Draken Doomfist, they were supposed to be invincible.

Troubling news that a someone was stirring up the Orkz, more so that Doomfist is the name of the "Pirate King", Pirate King Doomfist rules over a nearby world from a Ramilles Class Starfort, and due to a 400 year reign is purported to be immortal. The Imperium, always having its hands full with Orkz, never got around to ousting him.

The Deathwatch bring this information to their Inquisitor (hopefully), who upon hearing the name Draken, calls forth an Conclave. Skip to a few weeks later when enough Inquisitors arrive, the Deathwatch team's Inquisitor breaks the news to the Conclave. He believes the Pirate King is Draken Helfried, chapter master of the Astral Warriors.

A thousand years ago the Astral Warriors were found guilty of legion building, withholding gene-seed tithes, and of perverse and deviant chapter cult rituals, and purged by the combined might of the Red Hunters and Iron Templar chapters, their assets split between the two chapters as spoils of war.

There had always been rumors Draken survived with a handful of his marines, whispers of a battle barge that escaped the purge. But no proof. The Conclave concludes he is alive, and orders the Subsector governor to begin a new founding and sends word to the High Lords of Terra.

Skip to another few weeks, the invasion is to begin and the Deathwatch team is given new orders: An Eversor Assassin was dispatched to kill Draken and failed; they will not only purge the warlord themselves but disable his Ramilles Starfort for the rest of the invasion to attack.
>>
>>45239705
One plot point I'd like to do something with, but not sure what; is that the worlds of the subsectors resisting a second founding after they already raised one to fight the demi-Waaaaaagh! forming on their borders. They feel the Subsector governor is demanding too much manpower. But I'm not sure how to involve a Deathwatch team in subsector politics. So ideas would be welcome there if anyone has any (though it can just as easily be skipped over).
>>
>>45239705
>>45239801

The only issue I have is that the founding of new Space Marine chapters can only be ordered by the High Lords of Terra with no exceptions and it's a process that takes a long time to get the nascent chapter to combat strength (and it also seems to be tradition that the new chapter is shepherded by another chapter that shares their gene-seed).
>>
>>45239878
No, Imperial Guard founding, not a space marine chapter founding.
>>
>>45239916
They use that for Guard regiments too? I thought they avoided that term and refers to it as "raising" a regiment in the fluff.
>>
>>45239801
Since a DW party is composed of marines, and veterans at that, while under inquisitorial jurisdiction, their presence among the higher ups of both civilian and military organizations can always be justified under the guise of intel gathering, assets evaluation or whatever.

A way to get them involved in politics is the physical need to have the different factions in the Imperium work together for a common goal, leaving the modus operandi to the team itself. Some may try to diplomacy their way around the factions, others may resort to threats and violence, but the goal is to obtain whatever they need. You need the population to comply with the founding because those fresh troops are needed? A pragmatic and cruel marine could gather some of the appointed population leader and force them to accept the conscription under threats of violence, or outright make an example out of them for the rest to see. A charismatic leader may step in and act as a beacon of hope for the common folk, as an angel of the Emperor declaring himself ready to guide the masses in a most holy fight for survival is bound to be more effective than the cold truth of a governor's decree.
>>
>>45240004
I recall the Eisenhorn books using the word Founding
>>
>>45240004
>>45240072
As does Gaunt's Ghosts.
>>
>>45240035
Didn't think to use the party as a tool for recruitment. Thanks!
>>
>>45219686
Probably pretty close to wealthy nations in the modern world, just with a slightly more totalitarian bent and religion is both universal and taken pretty seriously. Not everyone's a fanatic, but the local church is the center of the community and any advice or decree given by the preacher is taken extremely seriously.
No one questions the Enforcer's use of violence, though it is for the most part clear why they behave the way they do.
The public works are pretty spectacular. A lot of colossal statues of religious figures, beautiful sprawling gardens for meditation, somber yet tasteful mausoleums dedicated to the martyrs who captured this planet from whoever had it beforehand.
Medicine is actually quite good, any sort of physical defect you might have that isn't mutation is pretty easily fixed with cybernetics.
Even poverty-stricken Hivers often sport cybernetic eyes, for example.
>>
>>45240639
>wealthy nations in the modern world, just with a slightly more totalitarian bent
Not necessarily. As long as the tithes keep coming and the handful of true Imperial laws are obeyed, you can have a modern enlightened representative democracy or a socialist utopia out of Star Trek (minus the abundant aliens). That said, the Imperial laws (Psykers go to the black ships, don't fuck with the Adeptas, no heresy, no xenos, etc) will skew things totalitarian, never mind the influence of the Adepta. But even so, in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, there are some are genuinely nice places to live. Even if only so the plot has something to ruin.
>>
>>45235803
I second this motion
>>
>>45239370
>Erupting Volcano
>Gigantic motherfucking tree, like, holy shit scale
>Scrapyard the size of a small city
>>
>>45239370
>Primordial mountains, cliffs, and caves
>Fungus jungle
>Enormous forge-complex
>Desert canyon complex in the midst of a sandstorm
>Jungle with a downright ludicrous amount of fauna
>Industrial wasteland of smog, weird rock formations, acid lakes, and eternal storms
>A Garden of Eden
>>
>>45240186
You're welcome. Keep in mind that mine was just a suggestion, it'd be better to just give a hint to the party and see how they approach the problem. You can try and nudge them towards it after that.
>>
>>45233333
>Heavy Power Armor only grants Unnatural Strength +1 and Auto-Stabilized
>Only 8 armor
What is this bullshit? That's standard power armor at best, heavy power armor should be Armor 10 all, Unnatural Strength +3, and basically fucking useless for anything that isn't kick-in-the door, this is just regular power armor. The FUCK?
>>
>>45243950
Can you please tell me how to open that link?
>>
>>45244014
First, pray to the machine spirit and the benevolence of the Omnissiah. Copy either of those file addresses to your clipboard. Light incense and intone the holy words of the Machine God. Type in Sendspace . com /file/ (Without the spaces), then hit Control+V to paste your chosen file address onto the end of the link. Thank the Omnissiah for His benevolence. Download. Make the sign of the Cog and pray. Repeat the process with the other file address. Rejoice in the gifts of the Machine God.
>>
>>45244119
Nope, did not work.

I tried each individually and sendspace just gives me 404 not found.
>>
>>45244220
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gz5ijd
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7p1xyi
Let's see if 4chan lets me post it this way.
>>
>>45244281
Thanks, now it's working.
>>
>>45237104

FFG has blatantly copied /tg/ stuff before. It's no different now.
>>
>>45235426
>Gonna have to make that yourself, omae.

That's the point! My copy hasn't arrived yet (not even sure if it's shipped... FFG are weird like that) so I don't know what's in it.
>>
>>45245074
>FFG has blatantly copied /tg/ stuff before. It's no different now.

Some of the /tg/ people are FFG people as well. ;-)
>>
>tfw 7E ruined my Allied TauMarine army
>>
>>45246960
You're shitposting in the wrong thread, friendo. You want the 40k general.
>>
>>45235090
I have a question about this.

Do you apply these degrees of success even if you fail the test?

Example would be having WS 40 and rolling 2 degrees of failure on an attack. Would you apply the 2 degrees of success from this talent to that roll, making it a flat success? Or do you only apply the extra degrees of success when you actually succeed?
>>
>>45247446
>Do you apply these degrees of success even if you fail the test?
>"...The character scores extra degrees of success on *SUCCESSFUL* Weapon Skill Tests..."
>>
>>45247487
Ah, sorry, I am retard.
>>
>>45247553
It's fine, we've all been there.
>>
>>45233333
>Cleansing Flame
>Prerequisite: Psy raging 4
How mad must a psyker be?
>>
>>45233333
thanks anon. I appreciate your assault on the intellectual property that's already struggling for funding and recognition by its own creators
>>
>>45247800
angry marines librarian
>>
Has anyone ran games in HH timeline? Black Crusade, Only War or even Rogue Trader?
>>
>>45250085
Horus Heresy is a time of legend, man, there's no viable way to run it without the party being either wholesale irrelevant or bordering on/being fully fanfiction-tier shit
Besides that, the atmosphere of the era was very different from the 41st and things most people love about 40k, eg grimdark, gothic themes, dark age of technology (not proper noun), religious extremism, etc are not even a part of the setting yet
>>
>>45250225
Yeah, HH was back when the big E was still around enforcing his no-religion fedora policy so the fanaticism and pseudo-fantasy themes aren't a part of that period.

A game set during that period would be much more hard sci-fi than the science-fantasy of current 40K material. Plus the entire Imperium was completely different from an organizational standpoint back then, none of the organizations that exist in 40k were around back then (at least, not in their current form).
>>
Found a list:

Ranged Weapons: -

Psycannon
Incinerator
Hellrifle
Silverseine Launcher
Abyssal Charge (grenade/explosive)
Argent Globe (grenade/explosive)
"Ironfaith" Incense Grenade
Psyk-Out Grenade

Melee Weapons: -

(Force Hammers)
Animus Hammer
Force Hammer
Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Sanctus Hammer
Tempus Hammer

(Low-Tech)
Rune Weapon (Sword)
Stealth Claw
Wailing Trident

(Power Weapons)
Ebenus Hammer
Orodo Malleus Power Glaive
Power Shield
THunder Hammer

Special Ammo: -

Abyssal Bolts
Nitidus Rounds
Psybolts
Psyflame

Armour/weapon uggrades: -

Pentagramatic Wards
Sacred Incense Burner
Truesilver (Filgree, Gilding and/or Warding)
Unguents of Warding
Warpleech Cannister

Proctective Gear: -

Heavy Power Armour
Icon of the Just
Obsidian Plate

Wargear: -

Banishing Rod
Consecrated Scrolls
Empyrean Brain Mine
Psychocculum

This of course does not include the 'Rites of Sancitity' or Daemonic Remnants (Balestone, Hounds Teeth Gauntlet, Realitus, Spectral Flame and Void Talon), or the Daemon Weapon rules.
>>
>>45248046
Is there a source on this? This is a perfect example of try before you buy, If anything these leaks will make up for the poor taste Enemies Without left in many peoples mouths (myself included) and show that FFG are still capable of putting out quality books for 40k RPGs. I'm waiting for the pdf to become available as nowhere in the UK is currently stocking EBo.
>>
>>45251362
What was the problem with Enemies Without?
>>
>>45251475
It might just be me, but I found it very uninspired and bland. FFG have made really interesting Xenos in the past like the Rak'Gol and Yu'Vath. We have the Askellon sector which we know is a rotten old place, in a far worse state than the mixing pot that was Calixis. But apparently the only Xeno of note here are Orks, Eldar and teased Necrons and Tyranids.
>>
>>45248046
Chill out, man. A piecemeal scan like this doesn't replace the book itself.
>>
>>45252923

Enemies-wise, I agree they should have tried harder. But otherwise the content was far better than Enemies Within. Honestly the sourcebooks had an ascending order of quality

Within < Without < Beyond

Hopefully the hinted at Rogue Trader supplement comes out and they don't just abandon the system.
>>
>>45252944
I absolutely agree with you, but I also admit I may not be getting the full effect of the splatbooks because my game is run in my homebrew sector and not Askellon.
>>
>>45218209
In a recent game, our party psyker used summon vermin and the speak with beasts powers to send wave after wave of rat swarms at a fortified heretic out post in an under hive. Worked pretty well until the rats started getting infected with Nurgle diseases and turned into zombie rats
>>
>>45222452
Ordo Xenos inquisitor. Unlike my Malleus and Hereticus compatriots, I'm unlikely to go insane or get corrupted by the things I see, my Ordo gets along with each other better, my enemies are much more obvious to spot (except in the case of Genestealer cults), and I get a wider range of enemies to fight.
>>
Is the Untouchable template worthwhile in DH2e?
>>
>>45253113
Very much so, it utterly wrecks Daemons just by proximity alone. And since so few Daemons have any ranged attack, if a Daemon wants you dead it's going to have to step into your null bubble.
>>
>>45252923
>>45252944
my rogue trader rocked strixis ghostlights and vat-guards like it was nobodies business
FFG can be creative when they want, they just need to want again
>insert gif of cpt picard an drunk britbong conversing here
>>
Are there rules somewhere about controlling combat servitors?
>>
>>45239705
>Astral Warriors

You might want to change the name, It's way too similar to Astral Claws.
>>
>>45253113
>Most special abilities only have one aptitude
>initial abilities are meh
>nukes your fel

eh, its okay. just a bit disapointing
>>
>>45233333
how do i use this

i am dumb
>>
>>45254017
like crimson fist and crimson slaughter?
>>
How do I get a servitor in DH2? I need an assistant to help around the forge
>>
>>45253787

For servitors, the Colchite Servomaster in RT Navis Primer can control lots of them. For battle automata, the cortex controller in RT The Fringe is Yours.
>>
>>45254813
1.kidnap someone
2. Aquire a worst quality cerebral cybernetic (core book)
3. Insert it using medicae or trade, kirurgeon
4.profit
>>
>>45254813
Go find your local Mechanicus Forge and commission one from the Tech-priests.
>>
>>45254813
roll an influence test with the appropriate modifiers
>>
File: 1454592479054.jpg (165KB, 458x735px) Image search: [Google]
1454592479054.jpg
165KB, 458x735px
>>45254903
I have thought about that, but I would like to avoid that if possible. "Going by the book" solution is what I'm looking.
>>45254943
>>45254982
What availability do you think it should have? I'm basically looking for a pic related with a skill in Trade: Armourer
>>
>>45255294
>AVL:RA

i think it should be rare.Just a hunch
>>
>>45255294
Scarce, maybe? Servitors are fucking ubiquitous and used in pretty much everything after all.
>>
>>45255294

Rogue Trader core lists a basic monotask servitor as Scarce.
>>
>>45255358
>>45255364
>>45255368
Thanks, I'll think of you guys when I create gear fit for the emperor
>>
My friends and I have a rules question from last night. I tried to cast a psychic power and ended up getting the phenomena, 'Tech Scorn' so every ranged weapon in the radius I rolled suffered a jam. We then got attacked by enemies hidden within that radius who threw grenades at us. Wouldn't these count as duds? The GM said that grenades don't suffer jams but based on the wording in the book, it seems kind of ambiguous.
>>
File: 1273757176088.jpg (8KB, 376x374px) Image search: [Google]
1273757176088.jpg
8KB, 376x374px
How was your last session, /tg/?
Ours was pretty rad. Highlights include stealing a bike from Erioch hangars from the mission, mongolian throat singing contest (almost won by a Techmarine) and crashing a drop pod through several levels of war-torn hive ruins.

youtube related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
>>
File: Imperial Knight Heraldry.jpg (58KB, 496x442px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Knight Heraldry.jpg
58KB, 496x442px
>>45256349
I was about to reply the first time you posted then you deleted your post.

We've actually storytimed our last session (the first session in a Imperial Knight Freeblade campaign) a couple of threads ago but it didn't really generate any interest.

Either way, the session was really good. My players fought several metric shit tons of Orks, threw Deff dreads around like toys, fisted a Big Mek Stompa to death and survived its apocalyptically explosive death and then became Questing Knights for the Holy Space Grail at the behest of a Bishop and the call of destiny.

Next session will most likely involve prophetic fever dreams and fighting space pirates if I figure out how to structure it narratively. (spoilered because my players post in these threads, and that means you Maksimov)
>>
My deathwatch team is about to deal with the Deathwatch team is going to have to deal with the Custodian of Verona's People, Protector of the Emperor's Tithe, High Lord Militant of Verona's Armies, and Supreme Planetary Lord of all Verona and its Lands, Enirch Rufflefuhrer The Fifth

Anyone have an ideas for more titles to pile onto this planetary lord?
>>
>>45256930
Number of titles is good enough unless you want to give him more power, you can work on adding bits to say the same thing with more words.

Custodian of Verona's faithful People, Protector of the Emperor's Most Holy Tithe, High Lord Militant of Verona's Mighty Armies, Supreme Appointed Planetary Lord of all Verona and its vast Lands, *Name*, Son of *Daddy* and Fifth of his Line
>>
>>45250085

We had a "Deathwatch" game where the players were loyalist marines at the battles of Istvaan. There was plenty for them to do without messing up canon continuity.

In the end, they ended up getting off Istvaan with a mixed group of loyalists who take over a ship and escape.

However, thanks to daemonic/traitor warp-fuckery, their ship ends up way off course and lost in time. When they finally find themselves out of the immaterium, they are in 40k.

Part 2 of the campaign is coming up, where they are found by the inquisition and become a secret assault group of troubleshooters.Should be some sweet roleplaying opportunities for the Salamanders, Raven Guard, and iron Hands as they try to reconnect to their former chapters and realize how screwed up everything is. Also for the loyalist Luna Wolves and Emperor's Children who no longer have a legion to go to...
>>
Does anyone have a mega address for the books, poorfag troubles suck.
>>
>>45258151
___________No___________________________
>>
>>45258151
It's literally in the OP, dingdong
>>
>>45258151

It's in the copypasta that's usually posted at the start of each thread. Unfortunately, there's one or two people who make new threads and don't paste it because they don't like it.
>>
>>45258479
It's because they don't like the fact that it includes "namefag cancer" they don't use it. I.e, Shas's homebrew stuff.
>>
>>45258631
>"namefag cancer"
This mindset is bullshit. Creating actual game content is one of the legit uses of a trip/name. Screaming about how all namefags are cancer is a dead giveaway of a newfriend or /a/ssmad. That said, Shas is a horrible person and most namefags are cancer, but his supplements are not an example of either.
>>
>>45259067
The only attention you should give the autismo brigade whining about names is either reporting them or telling them to fuck off, maybe both. Don't argue with them.
>>
>>45259067
I'm all for fuck tripfags, shas in particular, but when you publish a splat and show loyalty to your board, I mean it's the absolute least a general could do
>>
Where do you guys find music for your campaigns?
It's getting pretty hard to find fitting music I haven't used before by searching "gothic"
>>
>>45260462
Bloodborne's entire soundtrack
>>
>>45260462
This seems like it could have good uses for chaos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA&ab_channel=Shirrako

The whole bloodborne soundtrack really
>>
>>45260462
Youtube, googling, elbow grease and patience. I can't really give more advice then that unless you want specific examples of music I/we use.
>>
>>45260462
Try religious music for peaceful Imperial scenes. "Gregorian Chant"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s5Jo3Je5Q&ab_channel=maxavail
>>
>>45260509
>>45260515
Will check

>>45260519
If there's any good artists that do consistent 40k-esque stuff that would be helpful
>>
>>45260543
Side note, the music I linked is not Gregorian Chant, but I recommend you look into Gregorian Chant
>>
>>45260553
Define what you consider 40k-esque, because you can fit a lot into that depending on what type of game you're running. Like currently, I'm using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hVj32UmUyQ in my Imperial Knight game as the villains theme song, essentially. And it's an obvious fit because it's metal as fuck.
>>
Is there a vehicle character sheet?
>>
Quick Rogue Trader question:

How do you determine Hit Location for a damage source that has no associated attack roll whatsoever?
>>
>>45260901
Explosions, flames and all that usually go to the chest if a location in needed
>>
Do any other anons play old rogue trader, but with a general sci-fi setting (ie, not 40k setting)?
>>
>>45261463
Unrelated, but I've played The Fading Suns once. Loved the game and the setting, would play again.
>>
>>45261429
More dealing with things like "the warp itself" and stuff like that here. Also Navigator Powers.
>>
>Starting a Deathwatch Campaign
>1 Techmarine, 1 Devastator
>other 3 are Assault Marines

I'm gonna allow it, but oh god what do I do
>>
>>45261992
STRIKE FROM THE SKIES obviously
>>
>>45261992
>Dah Codecks Astartehs nehms this maneuver STEHL REHN
>>
>>45261992
Dick move: Caves, space hulks, and dense hives
Bro Move: Give Jumppack and training advancement 4 cheap
>>
Is this where I can ask Dark Heresy questions?
>>
>>45256349
After nearly slaughtering my party last session, I gave them a rest this time around. They made friends with an imperial noble (secret heretic) who gave them a void ship capable of traveling within the sub sector. They then made their way from Meridian to Typhon Primaris, having defeated the cult's water poisoning plot and are now out for clues as to the identity of who is supplying the cult with weapons and armaments (it's the noble they're friends with) as they are on an inquest to find out and bring them to justice.
>>
>>45262342
Yes except "what is heresy?"
>>
File: STEHL RHEN.png (82KB, 650x1164px) Image search: [Google]
STEHL RHEN.png
82KB, 650x1164px
>>45262138
>>
>>45261992
challenge them, engage them, make everyone needed.

I would design encounters centered around their abilities. Devastator taking vantage point and suppressing endless horde, while three marines engage boss + his lieutenants while techmarine prevents machine spirits from blowing entire station to hell or some other key activity, rolling this tech-use tests like crazy while taking potshots at enemies with his bolter.

Is it just me or people play Deathwatch more often recently? What prompted this?
>>
>>45262511
Thanks for the ideas. We're starting Deathwatch because I grabbed the corebook for cheap, and our DM for our other campaign can only play every other week.
>>
>>45262427
Everything is heresy. No one is loyal, everyone is heretic.
>>
>>45261788
Roll 1d100, flip digits to determine as per normal attack rolls.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>45263557
>>
>>45218266

40k lends itself to pulp, obviously. I think grimdark can be played either straight or as satire, but if you try to play it straight, then you MUST have some other theme mixed in there for contrast. Unremitting dark isn't as dark as when you add a little light for contrast.

In that, it's a little like Doctor Who. You have multiple emotional tones going at once, and at its best the show can be going in one direction and then effortlessly pirhouette and suddenly it's something very different.

This was Tom Baker's greatest strength. All the best actors, really, but especially him. That ability to be this goofy weirdo and then suddenly wheel on someone with absolute moral authority and sternness, to make a point that is absolutely overridingly true but that nobody realized until he said it.

Joss Whedon has a little of that. In Buffy, he understood that whether you're worried about embarassing yourself asking someone to the prom, or coming out of the closet, or stopping a world-ending apocalypse, or whatever, the emotional stakes are entirely dependent on characters and writing. Which is to say, context.

With 40k, whole planets can be destroyed and it might have less emotional impact than an angry confrontation at the masquerade ball with an Inquisitor.

So I'd suggest that GMs aim for both a major and a minor key and be able to juggle the two such that they support one another.
>>
>>45218611

People not being able to climb out of early 21st century western morality is a problem in EVERY game system. They're so totally immersed in western ideology that I think many don't even realize that there are alternatives.
>>
>>45259067
I personally don't mind namefags and feel trip is justified when creating new content (hell, I'd like to have an article about me too somewhere if I created something of value), but flaunting it in discussions not related to created OC or just parading with trip with nothing to back it up feels like a breach of etiquette for me. Not that I care too much, but it's just impolite.
Also, the questions to the PDF show no one reads the OP unfortunately.
>>
>>45222609
>the Rogue Trader is bankrolled by the Inquisition

I don't know how this keeps coming up. Rogue Traders are NOT bankrolled by anyone in the Imperium. They get some startup capital at firsst, true, but after that they're expected to self-fund. And if they make bad business decisions and go bankrupt, no bailouts.

Being a rogue trader means buying low and selling high, high enough that your profit pays for your expenses and then some.

With an Inquisitor, so long as you have your Rosette you can always reboot. You flash your credentials and demand to see the planetary governor, then confiscate whatever supplies and personnel you need.

The downside being that beyond a certain point you can't use any of that for your own personal comfort.
>>
>>45251362

I pretty much only buy supplements I've gone through in PDF downloads already. The days when I'll plop down $30 bucks for a splat book sight unseen are long gone.

I get the ethical problem with scans, but as a business matter I suspect they do more good than harm.
>>
What pieces of gear do you consider absolutely indispensable? Is there anything you rush to get ASAP, regardless of usefulness? Is there any item you refuse to get or use no matter what?
>>
>>45266168
Microbeads are, in my opinion, indispensable. Get a set of microbeads for the whole party as soon as possible.

I often grab myself an auspex; Awareness rolls are so common and auspexes so easy to get I can't justify not getting one.
>>
>>45266168
Smoke grenades 100%
No matter the loadout, build, or tactical plan, no one should be without at least one smoke grenade
>>
>>45266168
Grapnel and harness. An easily avoidable fall is an extremely shameful way to die, even for the Acolytes.
>>
>>45266370
Do you also break line of sight and overwatch?
>>
Is there anywhere that I can find rules for putting together a ship for my Dark Heresy 2 players?

I mean something custom, where the players start of with something basic and can upgrade it themselves from there by adding weapons and shit like that?

Like a legitimate "build your own warp faring ship" type thing?
>>
>>45267979
Rogue Trader. And warpships are fucking ENORMOUS unless you're going for Dark Age bullshit. As in "kilometers long and home to literally thousands of people".
>>
>>45267979
Yes, it's called Rogue Trader Core. Acolytes shouldn't have near enough power/influence to have more than a small section of the ship to themselves.
>>
>>45268035
>>45268066
Ah, thank you.

The ship was captured from traitors and is under the command of their Inquisitor but he's given them free license to use it for their missions (as long as anything they use it for is approved by their Inquisitor, by which I mean my GM fiat).
>>
>>45268264
What type of ship is it? Raider, frigate, transport? God forbid, a cruiser?
>>
>>45268341
I'm not sure yet. The ship was captured at the end of our last session and I needed to know where I could get rules for it. That's why I asked.

It will probably end up on the lower end since this is a DH game after all but I will have to take a look through the Rogue Trader core first.
>>
>>45268341
>>45268462
I will add though that it was being used to smuggle illegal weapons before it was recaptured. So it will probably end up being a transport ship.
>>
>>45254372
Dark Hunters / Dark Angels / Blood Angels / Blood Ravens
>>
>>45255294
A servitor capable of actually performing that kind of work would have to be a Rare requisition at least and even that requires that you dip into the Rogue Trader rules, and even those DON'T actually cover any servitors that do what you want.

However, as long as we're looking at Rogue Trader rules I would recommend getting a Servo-Skull instead. They're smaller and more maneuverable and based on the stats given in the Rogue Trader core book get a single skill of your choice all the way up to +20 (to suit it's function).

This means that with a Servo Skull using the Rogue Trader stats with Trade:Armourer +20 would roll against 35 for all rolls related to the job you want it to do. And would have an inbuilt combi-tool, providing a +10 to your tech-use tests.

Servo-Skulls are available or requisition in the DH2 book as a Rare item.
>>
>>45268264
And where are they getting all the people/servitors to staff it?
>>
>>45270010
Most of the traitor crew were converted into servitors by the order of the Inquisition and manage most of the ship's systems (even traitorous criminals in life can serve the Imperium in death). However thousands of other loyal citizens of the Imperium were recruited from the planet that the ship was captured orbiting around to serve on the ship to cover the roles that could only be filled by humans.
>>
I have a player wanting to play an eldar merc as, in his words, "an offensive gay stereotype". How can I make this work in Rogue Trader?

Should I bother? It seems like it'll lead to good 'that guy' stories, at the very least.
>>
>>45273966
No. It already sounds like a that guy.
>>
>>45274033
I genuinely like the guy, and I do have a bit of a morbid curiousity going on.

Also, nice dubs.
>>
>>45268066
There are rules, in the corebook, for playing an Inquisitor.

You may not like it, but having that level of power and influence is *absolutely* an intended mode of endgame play in DH2,
>>
>>45273966
Dark Eldar supplement? Eldar fansplats?

Also I wouldn't play it, or allow it in my games.
It sounds utterly retarded, and not in a good way.
>>
>>45270123
Now are these traitors as in chaos tainted traitors or traitors as in rebellious assholes? Cause chaos tainted servitors is such rich plot fodder i think i just got diabetes
>>
>>45276363
Sorry, they were just rebellious, greedy assholes. No chaos servitor shenanigans.
>>
Has the shadowfield been stated anywhere? I would like my deathwatch group to have a one-off encounter with the Dark Eldar including an Archon
>>
File: Archon.png (717KB, 1001x798px) Image search: [Google]
Archon.png
717KB, 1001x798px
>>45277613
Don't know about Shadowfield, but Archon's are statted in the Only War creature book - Enemies of the Imperium.

Pic in case you don't have the book and you're depressingly too lazy to download it from the copypasta
>>
>>45277613
The Soul Reaver, RT adventure book. Field rating of 80, overloads on any hit it doesn't save and can't be repaired in combat.
>>
>>45277662
I have the book right next to me, open to that page, just no shadowfield.
I'm probably going to buff the Venomblade a bit since it's a rank 4 Deathwatch killteam

>>45277668
Thanks, I was thinking of homebrewing it exactly like that.
>>
>>45277687
I'd go with the RT one of the OW I posted, the rulesets are more similar between DW and RT than DW and OW.
>>
>>45262445
https://youtu.be/kH_rwCenX9o
>>
>>45267722
Bounding overwatch is great and an excellent regular usage for the charm item
>>
So Black Crusade says that when a CSM gets knocked out by critical damage
>it requires chemical therapy, auto-suggestion techniques, and a successful Hard (-20) Medicae Test to revive a character from suspended animation
However don't only apothecaries and those associated with the adeptus astartes have knowledge of these chemical compounds and hypno-induction techniques? How should I handle this as a GM who has Traitor Legionnaires on an imperial death world?
I would like to have this caveat for them to be punished for being gods of war as compared to mortals, but I can't think of a way out of it for them that is fair
>>
At what point should I consider updating my weapon (chain axe: 1d10+5 +8(SB) Pen 2 Tearing) as an Ordo Malleus acolyte? I think I should be fine when fighting against most mortals but not so much if I had to face daemons and astartes
>>
I need art of highborns
>>
>>45280123
Around the time you get Lightning and Inescapable Attack.
>>
>>45280624
no you don't
>>
how to make a dark pact with daemon

DARK PACTS
There are numerous ways that Acolytes might take to make Dark Pacts. However, it is not simply enough to desire a pact with Dark Powers; you must also have an opportunity to make one. This can occur by a number of means such as the performance of a secret ritual, travelling to a particular accursed location or gaining possession of a particular item (or a combination of all three!). An Acolyte may discover these means quite coincidentally during the course of play (through items confiscated from cultists for example), or they may actively seek them out of their own accord. This search is never easy and a Forbidden Lore (Daemons) Test or
specifically applied Investigation skill Test is required. This quest should be handled in concert with the GM, and may indeed form a mini-adventure in itself for the character.

my char is a dumb as bricks scum
>>
>>45280636

I do though
>>
File: Spyder-Knight.png (854KB, 990x563px) Image search: [Google]
Spyder-Knight.png
854KB, 990x563px
>>45280624
>>
>>45280123
Get a cleric to sanctify it and you're pretty good against daemons
Have plenty of haywire grenades for the astartes though
>>
>>45279960
Roll for chaos to revive them, it will take more or less time depending on degrees of success, they'll get a bonus according to the favour they have with their patron god
>>
>>45280638
First you should know about Daemons. And then have something worth their while.
>>
>>45239370
Do you have links to rules for Imperial Knight games, or did you just make them yourself?
>>
>>45282309

High chance they're using either Shas's (The Fringe is Yours) or Edeldorf's (Chivalry Intensifies) rules.
>>
>>45282309
>>45282594
>or Edeldorf's (Chivalry Intensifies) rules.
Considering I am Edeldorf, we're using [Chivalry Intensifies]

And as requested, the rules we're using.
>>
>>45282309

Speaking as someone getting ready to run their own knight game, I (as the GM) and one of my players are waiting to see how the new acastus (Warden) knight will be statted out compared to the other knights. Once we see that, everyone will start rolling up characters.
>>
>>45277662
>T: 44
>Total TB: 3

Only War was a mistake.
>>
>>45283682
>the new acastus (Warden) knight

The wot?
>>
File: blogger-image-1921278515.jpg (58KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-1921278515.jpg
58KB, 360x480px
>>45283829

The Warden is back, baby. Acastus Knight Porphyrion. Waiting to see its RPG rules before we begin.
>>
File: Knight_Warden_Fury_of_Voltoris.jpg (748KB, 906x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Knight_Warden_Fury_of_Voltoris.jpg
748KB, 906x1049px
>>45283912
Oh, fucking neat. From a FW blogpost is it? And it's funny how they bring back an oldschool Knight Warden, yet call pic related a Warden.

And from the looks of it, it's got a pair of autocannons, what looks like neutron lasers or somesuch, a missile launcher and probably the heaviest armour of any Knight. Doesn't look like it's a Questoris chassis, so I'm assuming the 'Acastus' naming is a new chassis type there. So it shouldn't be all that hard to make rules for.

Nice to see it back, even if I prefer my Knights Questoris and smacking shit to death in close combat.
>>
File: Knight Porphyrion.jpg (33KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Porphyrion.jpg
33KB, 540x960px
>>45284058

Not quite.

Two Autocannon, yes. Two Magna-Lascannon. Ironstorm Missile pods. No Ranged D, but 5" S10 blasts are good.

AV14-13-12 with above average ranged potential but no melee beyond kicks and stomps.

I was waiting for this knight before updating The Fringe is Yours.
>>
>>45284058

News from the Horus Heresy weekender.
>>
>>45235803
>>45241681
>>45254306

www.sendspace.com/file/[??????]
>>
>>45282793

I didn't even realize this was missing fro my life.

Question: How should I stat up an NPC Space Marine Librarian, Chapter Master, and Captain for Rogue Trader? For the average Marines I'll be using the Chaos Marine stats from that one RT supplement, but I'm not sure about the leadership.
>>
>>45286614
>I didn't even realize this was missing fro my life.
Clearly you are of noble heart and of worthy bearing to save fair space maidens and slay foul space dragons in the Emperors name, Anon.

>Question: How should I stat up an NPC Space Marine Librarian, Chapter Master, and Captain for Rogue Trader?
The way I'd do it is stat them as PC's, considering how important they are.
>>
>>45286614
>Question: How should I stat up an NPC Space Marine Librarian, Chapter Master, and Captain for Rogue Trader? For the average Marines I'll be using the Chaos Marine stats from that one RT supplement, but I'm not sure about the leadership.

Open up Deathwatch, realize that a Chapter Master must have ludicrous fucktouples of XP and thus multiple stats somewhere in the 60s or above, and then let your PCs weep in the corner if they try to pull any tricks.
>>
>>45286661

Thanks. I think that's just what I'll do. Time to get some Deathwatch.
>>
>>45286614
What are you intending to do?
>>
>>45287643

They're intended to be sometimes-allies for later-game stuff like conquering a Xenos empire, invading Rak'Gol planets and fighting Korrad Vals forces. There will be at most a hundred of them (Chapter on the brink of extinction) during the campaign and with only the one Strike Cruiser, so they'll be busy supporting Battlefleet Koronus or hunting down various raiders most of the time.
>>
>>45287701

See:

>>45287749

Basically, the PCs are going to be enlisted by Battlefleet Koronus to help escort supplies through the Warp Portal that connects the Expanse to the Jericho Reach on the Eastern Fringe, swearing them to secrecy and offering them the chance to loot and generally RT about for a month or so before they escort a convoy back to the Expanse.

Along the way they'll meet an officially disbanded Salamanders Successor that refuses to give up despite low ammunition, loss of Geneseed, and being whittled down to about 40 Marines and a Captain operating out of a captured transport-turned slave raider that they captured from pirates. The idea is that they'll bring the Marines along when they return with the promise of being able to recruit from the Heathen Stars and other lost human worlds, as well as the unspoken bonus of being beyond easy Imperial reach while they recover their strength to avoid their refusal to disband being shut down hard.

There will be a few side-quests that they could embark on to help keep the Chapter from dying out, like finding and recovering their last remaining Strike Cruiser from a wilderness space mutant scrapyard, rescuing the last surviving Librarian from the flagship of a Chaos Warband, recovering the Chapter Master, 9 Terminators and the last Dreadnaught from a Chaos-infested Deathworld, and hunting down a misfiled cache of Astartes weapons.
>>
>>45287946
This is a cool campaign, anon, especially if your players will accept the hook.

Curious about what happened to the Chapter. Why were they ordered to disband? How did they get splintered into various awful places? Those would be the questions I'd want to know before undertaking it, if I were a RT party.
>>
>>45288551
If he doesn't have a reason a good one could be one of those many chapters ordered to be a part of the abyssal crusade or die and they chose die
>>
File: 1450837233411 (1).jpg (139KB, 798x573px) Image search: [Google]
1450837233411 (1).jpg
139KB, 798x573px
>>45217858
Hey /tg/ I am doing some writefaggotry based on an RP of a Space Marine Sergeant stranded in the Star Wars galaxy (Force Awakens era).

It's not an RP as you guys think with dice and a DM and shit, we just met on shamchat and it took off from there. Based around the adventures of a Xenophobic Sergeant Carter and Rey (Yes the same Rey from the movie)

So far it's been going for about 2-3 months almost daily and I have to say it's pretty damn good.

I wanna see what you guys think of this and I'll post a link to the first chapter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q2X15MyXr_Ts-k-_E9OPXzZ_S0neHnItowfbzzcF88A/pub

Thanks guys.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.