[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
That Girl
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 44
File: 3P2RttP.jpg (212 KB, 1096x883) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3P2RttP.jpg
212 KB, 1096x883
Share your horror stories
>>
I've never actually played a TTRPG before.
>>
>>45097835
Well time for /tg/ to take the survey once again. Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6676372
>>
>>45097767
>constantly gets into arguments with the other girl
>can't into rules
>moralfags at us but is totally willing to commit regicide after walking by an execution
>aggressive vegan
>thinks "being lesbian" is somehow an interesting character trait IRL or in game
Lesson learned: People with bad grooming and hippy slogan shirts need to be kicked posthaste.
>>
why do you people keep making this fucking thread
>>
>>45098104
christ on a biscuit, are you me?
>>
>>45097767
I have none, my last two female players have been pretty great.
>>
>>45098121
Why do you keep clicking it
>>
Most of the girls I've played with have been great, or never got into That Girl territory. I don't even really have that many That Guy stories - they tend to get phased out fast.
>>
No story as well. I have this girl applying for a D&D camapign but I had to decline her application because she always procrastinated whenever I wanted to help her with her char sheet.

She was only doing this because we were doing this as well.
>>
File: 1411847962497.jpg (74 KB, 600x894) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411847962497.jpg
74 KB, 600x894
>>45097767
>playin 5e
>im the new guy in the group
>only girl in party plays a druid
>DM gave her direwolf lvl 10 as companion because of gurl
>entire party lvl 5
>all she does is moonbeam
>never interacts with PCs only talks to wolf
>when someone suggests her what to do she replies with sum feminazi shit, then proceeding to cast moonbeam
>trying a new approach I try to roleplay with her PC, I play a halfling sorcerer
>she shit talks to me in-game when I ask to see a magical item she loot from a guy i killed
>trying to not be that guy
>ask the DM if I can steal the item from her while shes asleep, promising to give it back
>DM understands is the only way to keep the plot going
>Steals the item while everyone is sleeping
>she wakes up and tries to moonbeam me, even when her character doesn't know I stole from her
>DM explains to her she is metagaming
>she starts to cry
>after 5 minutes of this drama her PC finally founds out I stole from her, through borderline metagaming
>she sends her Challenge Rating 10 pet Wolf to kill me
>DMs saves my ass with a plot device
>>
>>45098143
That would be disturbing. Are your eyes grayish blue? Do you like port?
>>
>>45097767
share the artist of your pic first, fag
>>
Eh. For every girl in the tabletop gaming community there's 7 or 8 guys. Never played with one before.
>>
>>45098295
more of a green color, and i prefer vodka
>>
>>45098278
I did once have a girl who seemed to only ever enjoy the OOC aspect. I once talked with her about figuring out the specifics of her halfling's personality, but she never did anything with it.
>>
>>45097767
>We chase NPC to house
>He's rude to her.
>She Burning Hands entire party and that important NPC.
>Complains when we don't help her as authorities take her into custody
>Complains when we don't help her escape
>Escapes via plot device
>Complains when we turn her back in
>For bounty
>>
Not mine, it just makes me laugh

>Play with girl I know from school
>Only girl in group, but everyone seems cool
>She makes half naked Drow Ranger who loves hunting
>Start to get nervous
>First session begins, she hits on NPC and calls it a diplomacy roll
>Odd, but legal
>Next session, hits on more NPCs, claiming being a woman should always give her bonus if they're men
>Players get nervous
>Come to fight a Lizardman Chief, she wants to seduce him instead
>Technically succeeds
>She proceeds to send me dirty texts about what they'd be doing in his tent while the other party members hashed out the new plan
>I ask her to stop all of this
>She quits the group because I refuse to sext her at the table
>Group falls apart without her character in the narrative
>>
>>45098295
> Are your eyes grayish blue?

Yep.

>Do you like port?

I mean, it's nice to stock up and resupply, but the sea is a siren bastard who keeps singing her intoxicating song.
>>
>>45098286
Christ, I'm sorry.
>>
>only girl in group, plays bard
>whenever someone is struck down she keeps saying 'leave that rag'/' throw him like a rag' (in my language rag can be used as a equivalent of whore)
>party fighter is down
>'I'm gonna throw you into them like a rag'
>party elf druid decided to hide and hibernate to renew his spell slots in the middle of dungeon crawl (well for his defense - he's new but really good roleplayer)
>party finds him
>'let's leave this pile of rag'
>players are getting annoyed
>>
>>45098295
>Do you like Port?
Are you fat Britbong from 1880?
>>
> new girl joins group
> literally tumblr shit
> only time I have encountered it in real life
> barman asks her if she'd like a drink during tavern scene
> she literally starts freaking out and saying "what you think just because I have tits, I'm a fucking woman?"
> by now I have had enough
> he says he does not tolerate that kind of language in his bar
> the PC's friend / source of info is an orc bouncer guy
> he comes to try to remove this bitch
> fight begins
> he is expert grappler yet rolls like 3 natural 1s in a row
> he withdraws pulls out crossbow
> gets a critical hit on him before melee ensues
> she's playing a ranger and he is a fighter, i think this should be easy
> except her favored enemy is orc, even though I still swear I saw her writing something on her sheet as combat started
> +4 damage every hit ends the combat fast
> rest of party finally intervenes
> orc is dead
> enraged the cleric does hold person on her then the whole party BTFOs her
> she gets pissed and quits
> fucking beloved NPC dead forever
> the fucking cunt
>>
>>45098520
>being woman gives a bonus
2e complete fighters book...
If you played an amazon, you got a +4 to attack...for the first strike.

I dunno why...but your story brought that odd triva to my mind.
>>
File: 397.jpg (22 KB, 447x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
397.jpg
22 KB, 447x400
>>45097767

>Sister of a friend joins us, makes a rape victim sorceress goth, backstory all about hating men and payback
>her new stated motivation is that she wanted to start and spread a rape cult across the land.
>the neckbeard keeps loudly "joke" flirting with the asian girl
>shes okay at first, but then it becomes an issue, so I have to tell him(okay just so everyone knows, I am not trying to strawman here, I am a fat gross hairy monster too) to calm it the fuck down.
>QT is mortified and I’m trying to console her
>They laugh, call her a "stupid foreigner" and say she's next
>During the rape and murder spree we run into a Sphinx that doesn't tell riddles and as such is an outcast
>The logic being that, since this Sphinx's sole reason for existence is to corrupt someone through sex, having sex while unable to corrupt someone is an affront to their very nature
>dwarves randomly rape village people and stir up shit for the group because thats just how they do things
>was a lot bigger than me (midgetman here)
>had a rather violent and heartless character
>had quite a violent streak in real life
>was probably quite a dom considering how much she was getting into the whole description thing
>DM at end of session: "I'm giving [friend's sister]- a bigger share of encounter XP and money (at same level) since she did more than all of you put together and got so lucky with her rolls
>another shiteating grin from both of them, she's now considerably above everyone else in the campaign in terms of power after one session somehow even without bullshit rolling
>I declare I would give her the gift of mercy, I cut her character's throat and just walk out of my buddy's apartment
>mfw
>>
>>45098846
Things that never happened for 500 Alex...
>>
So what, nobody meets the group before they start playing anymore? Or you just tell yourself it'll be fine when someone shows you their sheet and makes their diety "Ron Paul"?
>>
>>45098950
Things that never happened for 750 Alex....
>>
>>45098971

> I don't play RPGs
> so someone else's experience never happened

Have you ever played D&D? Crit can happen left and right, it's a fucking d20 roll it's random as fuck.
>>
>>45098950
Another bullshit, uninteresting lie.

Good for you anon.
>>
>>45098995
>So what, nobody meets the group before they start playing anymore?

In my case, it was a friend of one of the guys we were gaming with. He got a lot of shit for it, we all blamed him for what she did to the orc guy.

>>45098996

Just shut up faggot. No one cares about your shitty judgment on others' stories.
>>
>>45099038

You want to hear a good one then? A 100% real one? Cause I can't say if that one is true, i didn't write it but:

> guy in group gets gf
> she hangs out more and more
> joins game
> "oh sorry we need to call the game off so I can go cuddle with my gf because of her 'anxiety'.... we'll resume play in a little while"
> last session, she casually mentions that theyve never had sex, he has to marry her for that
>>
File: what.png (74 KB, 401x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
what.png
74 KB, 401x283
>>45098950
>>
>>45099019
Crits happen. Tru dat

Your bullshit story of an imaginary female being offended because some NPC called her a her...never happened.
>>
>>45099079
That one..sounds believable.
>>
>>45098950
>dwarves randomly rape village people and stir up shit for the group because thats just how they do things

lost it
>>
File: 18.jpg (8 KB, 211x193) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
18.jpg
8 KB, 211x193
Alright, I'll repost this.
>Semi-realistic setting, party is a wizard, cleric, rogue, and female fighter (me), backstories are all things like "was a criminal, went adventuring" or "was a guard, lost his job"
>Rogue's girlfriend joins and makes a paladin, his backstory is that he's the prince of a skycity that exiled him because he was gay
>Things actually go very well for a while until we have to seduce a female NPC
>Rogue, cleric, and wizard flub their rolls. As a joke, I roll with my female fighter and accidentally succeed
>Admittedly what comes next is partly my fault due to my opening the door for gay shenanigans
>Paladin gets an NPC follower and RPs both the paladin and the follower
>Constant gayness between them and lamenting about how they can't go back to the skycity
>Finally we defeat the BBEG by using a homebrew flesh-to-diamonds spell (basically just flesh-to-stone but diamonds)
>Paladin takes a diamond and fashions a ring, proposes to his boyfriend
And that was the end of the campaign.
>>
Anybody got the one about men attached to dicks or the one where the BBEG won cause PCs ignored in favor of pro-gay regicide?
>>
>Playing an evil campaign in 4E
>Group is solid, but they've never been evil
>Break into a tower to find an old scroll with some info we need
>Suddenly cops
>Ron: "Guys we need to work together."
>She jumps out a fucking window
>Ron: "What the fuck, it's ten stories, you can't survive the fall."
>Her: "Yes I can."
>Everyone rushes downstairs to fight the guards
>She is about to hit the ground
>Her: "I have a power that lets me teleport when I roll initiative."
>Me: "And?"
>Her: "And it doesn't say which direction I have to teleport in."
>She teleports into the river beside the tower
>Swims to freedom
>Her: "Later fags!" No really, that's what she said
>Me: "You're just gonna leave them?"
>Her: "Whatever, I know what's on the scroll, I can just collect their shares if they die. I mean we're evil right?"
>>
File: dr0pC0g.jpg (977 KB, 2240x1400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dr0pC0g.jpg
977 KB, 2240x1400
Wife joins us gaming some years ago so she can "take part in this big time waste you enjoy so much"
>beautiful
>wears leather armor
>throws knives, no skill investment
>steals, no skill investment
>dabbles in enchantment magic, no real investment
>adventures with group, but stalks in the shadows some ways off, to be angsty
>joins our long game sessions, but can't bother to stay awake with us. Wakes up, rolls and shouts, passes out again
>pouts about having to spend xp and 'work' to be better character
>zero in character personality. Essentially rps as herself. And is a total party stealing, betray the party, dick.

Never again
>>
>>45098734
Ask her if she's on the rag.
>>
>>45099206
How is that a horror story? That sounds sweet
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 1139x291) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 1139x291
>>45099285
Gay marriage here faM
>>
>>45099293
Hilariously well-rp'd evil doer.
>>
>>45099112
>Your bullshit story of an imaginary female being offended because some NPC called her a her...never happened.

You must have graduated college a while ago.
>>
>>45099038
Oh come on it was funny since it was so fake.
>>
>>45098950
This was barely even readable let alone comprehensible.
>>
>>45099305
>image
"Behold! The basic bitch!"

"It's hideous!"
"How dreadful!"
"Seen worse."
>>
>>45099305
>>adventures with group, but stalks in the shadows some ways off, to be angsty

Laughed a lot for some reason. It would certainly crack me up at a gaming table if one player was doing that.
>>
>>45099418
I lol'd
>>
>>45099435
"We go to the castle"
"I also go to the castle! But through the thick woods!"
*eye rolls
Gm "the thick woods are full of undergrowth, thorns and ticks. You are infected with Lyme disease, no save"
>>
>>45099402

Flarftext story.

>>45099038
>>45099414
>disgruntled samefag.
>>
File: swmarysue.png (54 KB, 1166x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
swmarysue.png
54 KB, 1166x293
>>
>>45099503
It's alright, I just keep telling myself Finn and Poe are cool, and maybe they'll have a better female character in the next two
>>
>>45097767
Why not start by posting one yourself?

>>45098121
Because they want to hear more stories, though they're really more of the same.
Because they want the self-validation of being the one who made that thread.
Because they want to continue propagating the idea that That Guy and That Girl are different, and therefore girls are different, and girls should not be in tabletop.
>>
>>45099394

This. I'm 36 and I never used to believe SJW stories until I actually met some and realized kids aren't like they were 20 years ago. My youngest brother is just in their generation though, and has some horror stories from Cambridge uni. Things look even worse in the USA.
>>
>>45099535
Girls should absolutely be in tabletop, better than playing with Phil and his shitty facial hair. Just don't steal my dice because they're prettier than your basic ass set, Sheryl!
>>
>>45099557
Y'all fucked yo
Straight up portents of doom n shit
>>
>>45099627

I don't want to debate, I just want to talk about my pain.
>>
>>45098621
This post is good. It is a good post.
>>
>>45099526
They should have worked more on the Finn and Poe broship. I really felt it in the beginning, but it wasn't really real when Poe was found.
>>
>>45099557
I go to a very liberal college, but SJW stuff was never dragged to the table. It's there, just not in the fantasy worlds.
>>
>>45098950
Nigger do you understand how to write or how to tell a connected series of events?
>>
>>45099293
That's actually pretty good.
>>
>>45098286
>Stealing from a fellow party member
She was bad, but honestly, you started it.
>>
>>45099206
He proposed to his boyfriend with a chunk of human flesh?
>>
>>45100159
She took loot from his kill.
>>
File: 1h25RO9.jpg (30 KB, 597x351) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1h25RO9.jpg
30 KB, 597x351
>>45100176
>>
>>45100159
Worse is stealing loot before the party.
>>
>>45099293
If you don't want to get backstabbed by your allies, don't play a fucking evil campaign.
>>
>>45098520
I remember this from the last That Girl thread. She was too pathetic and awkward to just hit on her DM, and the DM was too autistically focused on the GAME to realize she was trying to flirt with him.
>>
>>45100529
Not everybody is so desperate for pussy that they're willing to put up with that level of awkward, Anon.
>>
This is like the third thread of these I've seen in a week.......she's gone, dude. You gotta move on. It's ok man, it's not necessarily your fault.
>>
>>45099526
Finn was a pretty solid character, and Poe "is cool." That is his character. He shows up, acts snarky, does something cool, and leaves. That's his three scenes in the movie.

The real failure was in hyping Kyle Ren and Captain Who Were You? when the real gems among the First Order are General Hux and TR8R/Nines.
>>
>>45100925
>That Girl threads are some anon's way of mourning over that girl in his life
>>
>>45099293
gj evil player.
>>
>>45100973
Fine.

But can't the be funny? Or creative?

Why always the same retarded bullshit?
>>
>>45099590
>TFW female players are all in my DM's other group
>TFW everyone in my group who can grow facial hair has full beards or at least well managed stubble
>TFW have basic bargain dice

I am conflicted.
>>
>>45101046
Because they're always going to be the same retarded bullshit. If you want something unique you have to wait for it to actually happen, in real life, and then be told here. If you keep fishing every week (or even more than once a week!) all you can hope for is the obviously fake stories. Same with regular That Guy threads. You'll get plenty of regular, run-of-the-mill smelly fat guys with no social graces. You have to wait for Big Boy Blue.
>>
>>45101124
I mean I hate to call them trolls...

Back in the day, trolls had mad HTML skills, were masters of Photoshop, knew enough about various topics to really lure you in...and..they were fucking funny!

Now?

>posts a bait thread
>gets 5 responses
>" lololol hahaha haha!! I am clever!!! "

I weep over the lost arts.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 128x209) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 128x209
>>45099305
I love how dis guy dun give a flyin' fuck.
>>
>>45100159
>she shit talks to me in-game when I ask to see a magical item she loot from a guy i killed
> I ask to see a magical item she loot from a guy i killed
>she loot from a guy i killed


the halfling was well within his rights
>>
>>45099293
10/10 rp, 11/10 escape

ya dun goofed, Anon
>>
>>45101542
He's trying his hardest to hide his erection
>>
>>45098298
Matsu-sensei. He draws huge boobs.
>>
>>45100529
You're assuming the DM was attracted to her. Gamer girls and sluts both tend to be ugly, and this one was both.
>>
>>45101854
Anon, we're all ugly and spoiled with pictures of hot chicks everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if most people thought of 10/10s as 7/10s.
>>
>>45098286
Your DM is shit
>>
>>45101854
Actually if I remember correctly he said that if she'd been up-front about such feelings he would have been dtf, he just didn't want that interrupting at the table.
>>
File: 1452149158119.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452149158119.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>playing 5th edition as a dwarf warrior
>the girl is playing a dragon born warlock.
>help new players in the group with roleplaying
>become the parties go to leader, much to the chagrin of the girl.
>starts trying to fuck me over in combat, almost gets us killed.
>next week after that, Store owner asks me if I'm threatening her.
>tell him no, dm and another player back me up.
>owner knows me as someone who wouldn't do that, so he drops it.
>she gets upset when I'm still there playing, and leaves.
>never see her again.
>mfw.
Can someone tell me what I did wrong here?
>>
>>45102628
Why you playing 5e?
>>
She brought me into the game as her character's son, and then incested me. DM found it to be intriguing so had to play through it.
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>45099363
A timeless classic.
>>
>>45102743
Because you play what other people or playing, or you cry on /tg/ about having no game to play
>>
>>45102628
>5e
That's your real crime.

But no, that's just a player being a little bitch. From the sound of it, you're in the clear.
>>
>>45102743
Because it was their at the time, and I was working on my campaign for AD&D
>>
>>45099535
Careful, if you keep reaching you might fall out of a window
>>
>>45097767
>Calims her zombicide character is a Kardashian.
>Refuses to help the team because she's roleplaying a ditz in a shitty boardgame.
>Loves felicia day.
Please kill me.
>>
File: 1453613654680.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453613654680.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>45102852
>zombicide character
>roleplaying a character who already have a backstory.
I'm sorry, man.
>>
>>45102814
Fair enough.

>>45102839
2ed.
Muh nigga.
>>
File: 1452500139101.jpg (24 KB, 200x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452500139101.jpg
24 KB, 200x270
>>45101124
>Big Boy Blue
FUCK MAN WHY DID YOU REMIND ME?
>>
>>45102892
It may have something to with it being set in Al Qadim, because apperently the word caliphate or anything sounding arabic means 'sexist religous assholes ' or something to some feminists.
>>
>>45102852
>>Claims her zombicide character is a Kardashian
Why? That sounds so out of blue
>>
File: 1397012316876.jpg (71 KB, 477x685) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397012316876.jpg
71 KB, 477x685
>>45097767
Playing Rogue Trader. online friend tried to suggest being about to shoot heavy weapons normally while making a movement action.

you can almost hear the horror in the silence

Same friend tried to suggest carrying an autocannon simply to carry around and deploy it for use. the group argues with him by saying no. I tried to suggest he get an agility debuff for logging it around. of course this doesn't help when he tries to question why he can't carry an autocannon when you can carry a heavy stubber. DM hammer says "NO" to carrying to autocannon. story ends with me (the muscle) pushing the autocannon modified with wheels, had fun blasting enemies. one literal exploded leaving a pool of blood that people can slip on and did.
>>
>>45102957
Because so amusing and le epic funny pop culture reference?
I honestly don't know either, I just had to deal with it.
>>
>>45102847
Excellent post my friend! I haven't already seen that once today!

>>45102920
People need to be reminded why we do not need these threads every day.
>>
>>45102920
Big Boy Blue isn't even remotely real. Not only is it too by-the-numbers as an exploitation movie put to greentext, no one has been able to find any of the events in any kind of record.
>>
>>45103039
This, anyone who thought those were real is a gullible retard.
>>
>>45102852
>felicia day
Why does that bitch infect everything i love
>>
File: 1453949146941.jpg (34 KB, 896x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453949146941.jpg
34 KB, 896x349
>>45103351
Because nerd celebrity has to do nerd things, or else 'nerds' get upset.
>>
>>45100186
>>45100245
>>45101581
Additionally from the way this line reads, to me
>>DM understands is the only way to keep the plot going
She was sitting on a plot point and was too retarded to do anything with it and the player and DM didn't want the game to come to a screeching halt because dumb bitch wants to play fairy wish princess.
>>
File: Feminazi Bard.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2017) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Feminazi Bard.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2017
>>
>>45103590
I would like to think that's real, but know deep down that it's not.
>>
>>45103839
I feel you're getting too cynical, friend. Just because most of these stories are awful fakes doesn't mean all stories are.
>>
>>45098520
She wanted the D dude.

Assuming she was a hambeast like 90% of people in this hobby, telling her to stop was probably the right call.
>>
>>45103839
That one's from almost six years ago, there were less made up stories around here back then. It was still (relatively) new territory.
>>
>>45099293
I want to see this as a comic, that's hilarious.
>>
>That girl DM wants to take the game in a magical realm direction
>That girl player is totally fine with it
>Stuck between the two of them trying to just power through it for the nearly three months IRL that the magical realm lasts

Don't think I've ever been more uncomfortable, at least in a game.
>>
>>45097767
If a qt amazon falls for you, your life is constant pain then?
>>
>>45102948
That would require feminists to be critical of Islam, and for some reason that never happens.
>>
File: 1453585861006.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453585861006.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>45104065
Yes, unless getting hurt is your kink.
>>45104054
Get fucking drunk and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>45104054
Why persist?
>>
>>45104082
Only time they get critical is with the hijab, which is nothing worth getting upset about, just something people do differently and "honor killings" which is something to be critical about.
>>
>>45104098
>>45104054
>>45104092
If at least one of the girls is attractive to you, point blank ask her after the game if she wants to fuck. Ask both at the tame time if you're into both.

If neither is attractive to you, quit the game immediately.
>>
>>45104098
Because it was the only group I had, and besides swan diving into the magical realm, it was overall a pretty fun and well run game.
>>
>>45099503
She's no more Mary sue than Luke was who in spite of being a dirt farmer was able to piolot an x wing with no training and became a full Jedi in like a weekend
>>
>>45100504
Just a reminder that evil people can be loyal to their friends, and that evil characters don't need to be Backstabby McGee.
>>
>>45104225
>with no training

He used to bulls-eye womp rats in his T-16 back on Tatooine.
>>
>>45104347
That's like someone going from flying crop dusters to piloting a fighter jet.
>>
>>45104225
Seeing the immediate future makes you a naturally good fighter pilot. That's pretty cut and dry, anon.
>>
>>45104362
It means they know how to fly. It means they have training. Also he had the Force.
>>
>>45104225
>piolot an x wing with no training
but that's wrong.

>and became a full Jedi in like a weekend
he didn't even use the laser sword until the second movie, where he got the shit kicked out of him
>>
>>45104428
Maybe the movie is more about the development of the bad guys rather than the good guys, who we knew some of.
>>
>>45104464
I wish. Actual nazi rally aside, the first order was something interesting. Something that showcased the setting moving forward thirty years.

Instead we got a bunch of action scenes and blatant fanservice, with a protagonist who is completely unrelatable.
>>
>>45104054
I'm gonna regret asking, but what sort of magical realm?
>>
>>45104502
Come on, a young guy, unsure of his direction and afraid of where he came from, trying to find purpose and impress the cute girl who was nice to him. That's at least a little relaeable.
>>
>>45104552
Impreg/pregnancy. The game had us making something of a living off of it.
>>
>>45097767
I do not have any stories, I am sorry.
>>
>told me (DM) in the middle of the campaign that she wanted her character to reveal herself as the princess from another continent I'd mentioned in passing
>>
>>45104589
... Hot.
>>
>>45104720
Maybe to hear about but sitting there as the only dude and having to describe it to some extent, painfully awkward.
>>
>>45104347
>>45104398
Isn't a T-16 a speeder? Not the same as an X-wing by a long shot. Even with the Force.
>>
>>45104871
It's a civilian aircraft. Apparently, the Rebel sympathizers who designed the X-wing deliberately modeled its controls on those of the T-16 (which was manufactured by their company) so that people could do flight training in the civilian model without drawing the Empire's attention.
>>
>>45104871
>Isn't a T-16 a speeder?
Skyhopper's basically a bush plane.
>>
>>45104631
>People who do that shit.
Fuck right off. I built my world, just because I mention a continent that I made up in passing doesn't mean you can just go "HEY I'M ROYALTY FROM THERE SECRETLY!" No you're not. Shut up.
>>
>>45104054
>>45104552
Handholding and walking home together.
Sometimes it is getting real hardcore and they do both at the same time
>>
Oh, well:
>Playing shitty(not so much) homebrew made by gm
>gmgf is playing warrior-mage(elf from AD&D) elf
>gm treats her as if she was playing a gestalt character and not a gish one
>can cast better than mage and fight better than samurai
>She's lina inverse/usagi/rayerth chick rolled in a shell of self insertion
>She's fat IRL, but thinks she's actually hot because "muh big tits and ass"
>Keeps squeezing breasts at every male sentient being ic
>treats non-elf people worse than hitler treated his gay black jewish butler
>can't get over the fact that my artificer got way richer than her and is some levels higher due to exploits
>buys half of my company with gm aproval, and without mine
>tries to coup d'etat me
>I had already built my humongous mecha so NO
>gm gender/speciesbend me
>stop playing
>start again, make another character
>werewolf monk
>encounter "shoujo protagonist.zip"
>she non-lethaly one-shots me
>gm cripples me
>game crumbles
>play only a few more sessions of other games
>never get a ful fledged campaign going on
>she's always the same character
>always gets special treatment
>dumps gm
>he gets depressed
>can't get him to play anymore because of schedule fuckery
Worst part is she'd simply grab pizza slices and donuts from other people's(and mine) plates and bite, them give it back. She was disgusting.
>>
>>45099206
If you include lewd in your campaign, best be prepared for all lewd.
Gay lewd, feet lewd, pedo lewd, vore lewd, neo nazi lewd, kitchen tiles lewd, consensual sex between two married adults of opposite sexes for the purposes of having children lewd, dolphin rape lewd, swarms of centipedes rape lewd (it's more likely than you think), biromanticantigenderpolysexualqueerkin metalewd, Steam Friends Thread lewd, lewd of one of your IRL players inserted into the game as an NPC, lewd including pop culture references and links to youtube let's plays.
You know, all the lewd.

I mean, yeah, I don't like Gay lewd or Steam friends thread lewd, but if I want to have my degenerate neo nazi loli femdom shit then I gotta expect other people to have their "force a 12 year old boy to crossdress and sodomise him until he understands his privilege" lewd.
>>
>>45101400
lololol hahaha haha!! u are clever!!!
>>
>>45102628
>Trusting a girl when she says she's being abused
>When she's a "muh feels" type who doesn't care about physical facts. She FEELS wronged, so someone else has obviously DONE wrong to her and needs to be punished
Shaking my damn head.
When a girl complains she being abused, ask her if she got proof (other than her feels).
>>
>>45104589
>>45104552
I want to impregnate a woman with whom I share a loyal relationship, and create 6 children with her, and raise those 6 children well, to contribute to my race's future!
>>
>>45105009
>she'd simply grab pizza slices and donuts from other people's(and mine) plates and bite, them give it back.

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>45105147
Fat chicks, not even once.

>My captcha contains fedoras
God damn it Google stop roleplaying as Skynet.
>>
>>45104347
Sure, but he's absolute shit at acquiring power converters. Your classic min-maxed character built for combat.

>>45099503
While that's humorous, Rey is no more of a badass than plenty of other movie protagonists that nobody ever complains about. I really feel like the complaints would be much more muted if the character were male.* I'm not saying that there's nothing to find fault with, but her being a special snowflake of awesomeness is a pretty minor thing compared to the bigger issues with the movie.

*Pic is somewhat related. Muad'Dib is the literal messiah and nobody gripes about that. If he were a girl, I imagine that folks would still be throwing tantrums about it, decades later.
>>
>>45102948
>Al Qadim
Excellent.
>>
I once gamed with a that girl
>Incredibly annoying
>Had a nasty habit of refusing to respect the lore of any campaign we were running
>Couldn't into any rules that weren't Pathfinder
>Bitched when we weren't running Pathfinder.
>Made a Troll with a Logic of 1 in our Shadowrun game and played him as literally retarded despite numerous players telling her she was being disruptive and offensive
>Finally annoyed the other players enough to get the boot after her character nearly got the entire crew arrested and thrown into a Megacorp black prison by behaving like an idiot.
>>
>>45105179
>disruptive
>offensive
Your players are pussies.
I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right.
But you're pussies.
Stop being so easily offended.
>>
>>45104631
I'd be okay with this, because that would be a source of plot hooks at least. I can't get my players to come up with backstories at all.
>>
>>45105197
Do they need backstories tho?

If they want to run a "ENEMIES OVER THERE, KILL THEY ASS FOR TEH LOOT AND EXP" game then backstories are basically irrelevant.
>>
>>45098286
>Stealing from a PC
christ cakes, I thought GMs knew to shut that shit down. I think that's honestly the only time I out of character told my players I didn't want them to do something.
>>
>>45103948
It was blainetly false at the time, though.

When pressed, the 'author' was utterly unable to give any reason as to why the pair of them were not executed on the spot, the bitch raised, and the plan carried out, particularly after she had fully convinced them all to go with it. Just very vague hand-waves and shit.
>>
>>45101697
>>45099293
Nah, DM fucked up letting her roll initiative when she clearly wasn't even in the fight. Only thing the bitch was going to hit was the ground. No initiative, no teleport, and suddenly her bad decisions have impact.
>>
>>45105160
I'm not familiar with Dune, but you can make a prodigy or messiah interesting. If you've ever read Ender's Game for the former, and Lamb by Christopher Moore for the latter. Former fleshes out a prodigy as insanely internally self-loathing for his actions, latter humanizes Jesus by making him very flawed, his naivete nearly getting him fucked up along the way.

A lot of characters are initially set up to be interesting but some writers mistake talents for interest points. So you get people who can do amazing things with minimal training, even to the point where major conflicts are solved because "they're just that good". Funny thing is, they're not interesting that way.

I can't speak for Rey, but Luke struggled like crazy all along his path. Even in RotJ when he's not saving the day he's being tempted by the Dark Side. Even when he's excelling at the beginning he's looked down upon. He's made out to be a good underdog, but a real hero. People are probably upset that Rey is just "the protagonist" rather than "the hero", if you understand the distinction.
>>
File: well memed.jpg (133 KB, 803x688) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
well memed.jpg
133 KB, 803x688
>>45105227
>impact
>>
File: 12208315.jpg (21 KB, 512x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12208315.jpg
21 KB, 512x384
>>45105197
I did run with it, and tried to incorporate it as much as possible. Eventually, her elf princess -- because of course it was an impossibly beautiful Not-Japanese elf princess -- got disowned by the queen for falling in love with a non-elf (another PC) and disowned her or some shit, but good lord was that shoehorned in and affected literally no one but her. The PC she'd fallen in love with ironically left her ass to start a civil war.
>>
>>45105160
>Muad'Dib
They will complain about the mini-series version being an insufferable brat as a kid. He got better after the time skip.
>>
>>45105009
>start again
>>
>>45105160
So that's where Dale Cooper went after the Red Room.
>>
>>45105190
You clearly have never spent three hours creating a detailed plan to break into the Geatronics building only to have her completely fuck it up in under 30 seconds.
>>
>>45099019
I think he was talking about the beloved npc part
everyone knows players have a visceral and instinctual hatred of npcs.
>>
>>45105190
Fuck off, toxic cunt.
>>
>>45105160
Paul got his ass handed to him in training by his father's suitors on a daily basis so he could be ready for real combat. He was subjected to powerful drugs and psychological training... the very first scenes of the book describe his traumatic encounter with the excruciating pain of the gom-jabar. He has no friends his age, his life was all training all the time.
Rey mindfried a trained sith within five minutes of hearing about what the force is.
Paul would be more comparable to Rei in evangelion. He isn't much of a character as he is a plot device tied to a character.
>>
>>45105277
In my defence, there was a new player joining, and another one returning. Every player decided to make new characters and the GM heavily implied this would be a new campaign.... except when the day came he said we'd get help from the world saviour, his gf's char.
>>
>>45105009
Why would you even try to get the DM to play again? Let him wallow in his misery. He is of weak character and is not fit for the role of DM.
>>
>>45105179
>offensive

How dare xhe invade your safe space like that!
>>
>>45105160
>nobody gripes about that
because Dune is good
>>
>>45105298
I'm not going to argue that Dune isn't a lot more thought out than The Force Awakens, or that it doesn't have a lot more depth, but that applies to the movie as a whole. If Rey is one-dimensional, it's because she's in a one-dimensional movie.
>>
File: map.jpg (1 MB, 1554x1662) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
map.jpg
1 MB, 1554x1662
Not that girl level but weird:

>Random homebrew, I'm DMing
>Female barbarian being played by group's quiet girl literally named "Meek"
>"You walk down the shore and see two men casting a net in the shallows."
>"Are they wearing shirts?"
>"....no, it hot weather"
>Sweet, I walk out to them
>right, they look at you.
>I look that them..yeah
>...
>they ask "do you need something?"
>I'll take a fish
>a fish?
>yeah, 1 gold
>for a fish?
>Sure, the give you a fish
>great I take the fish back to shore and keep walking to town
>your just going to carry a fish to town? its like 90 degree weather.
>Yeah.
>Whats the plan?
>I'll eat it when I get to the port
>right moving on.
>>
>>45105364
He's a childhood bro, and one of the few people who treated me normally despite my parents being loaded.
I'm not rich now, but I like to cherish those friendships that weren't plastic then... he just had a bad phase with this chick.
>>45105436
Oh that, yeah, Star Wars in general is way blander than Dune. But Rey was more of a mary sue than luke(which is enough of a mary sue to keep me away from even the original trilogy). She was like a fusion of all protagonists from the original trilogy, without the flaws.
>>
>>45105394
>because Dune is good
False. Dune is either merely decent or the most awesome thing ever, depending on whether you're talking about the movie or the book (or kind of shitty, if you're talking about the mini-series).
>>
>>45105454
loved the map,
saving for my snob players.
>>
>>45105190
Stop being so easily offended at people being easily offended.
>>
>>45105454
Top kek, that's truly amazing
>>
>>45104787
Couldn't you say
>call me when you're done
?
You did at least make it clear you were uncomfortable, right?
>>
>>45105576
I can't even tell you how offended I am by people being offended at how easily offended folks are at people being too easily offended. It's really offensive.
>>
File: 1451935912695.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451935912695.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>45099079
>> last session, she casually mentions that theyve never had sex, he has to marry her for that
Hate those cunts.
>>
>>45098286
The problem is you're playing 5e
>>
>>45097767
Once I slept with one of them.


That opportunity is the primary reason I got into tabletop games anyway.
>>
File: 1444167369219.jpg (96 KB, 894x894) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444167369219.jpg
96 KB, 894x894
>>45098286
I swear to go if your are insulting moonbeam.
>>
>>45098501
I almost audibly laughed at that last part anon
Holyshit thats fucking great
>>
File: 1452733242857.jpg (65 KB, 448x314) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452733242857.jpg
65 KB, 448x314
>>45098520
>I refuse to sext her at the table
>>
File: 126546311.gif (27 KB, 290x189) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
126546311.gif
27 KB, 290x189
>>45099293
atta girl! She did well.
>>
File: 1442527078643.png (271 KB, 507x507) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442527078643.png
271 KB, 507x507
>>45099206
>Semi-realistic setting, party is a wizard,
>>
>>45103590
I would have killed her PC a lot earlier...
>>
>>45099305
>>adventures with group, but stalks in the shadows some ways off, to be angsty
Having an overwatch is a good idea.

Also some of the /tg/ mods might ban you for that pic.
>>
>>45104311
Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely for an evil person to be loyal to anyone. Egoism/greed is very prominent in evil characters. There are not many who are evil and aren't willing to sacrifice others to stay alive themselves.
>>
>>45098520
>Dm'd this game
>remember being sweaty the entire time
>nervous laughter as everyone sat around
>their faces said "are we really doing this"
>getting sweatier
>years later, realize what it was
>best sex ever for 8 months
>>
>>45104631
I am the only one in my party with a backstory, it is just, muh family got killed adventuring for immortality so I don't die, nothing great but still two characters are just adventures cause they were bored, and another left town cause some guy was mean (there isn't an explanation for how or why).
>>
>>45105850
>it's very unlikely for an evil person to be loyal to anyone.
What is LE?
>>
>>45104082
But they do.
>>
>>45105179
>Made a Troll with a Logic of 1 in our Shadowrun game and played him as literally retarded
I don't see the issue here.
>>
>>45099435
Oof, I did that.

It gets worse, it was in my drow ninja phase.

Thank fuck that's over. Only redeeming feature was I had shit in move silently, so the dm had me role play stepping on sticks constantly and shamefully rejoining the party when they heard me.
>>
>>45098846
>>45098950
>>45103590
None of this shit ever happened.
>>
>>45105918
At least a drow has a reason to avoid being seen, right?

It was still probably shit, but maybe not as shit as you think.
>>
>>45105638
I told them as much but the DM made it happen by inches. Eventually I just went along with it because she seemed to enjoy it and the other player got a kick out of it, as well as the extra rewards we got for playing it out. Also after awhile it sort of became less awkward because it had become a regular thing, if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1395514772290.jpg (27 KB, 400x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395514772290.jpg
27 KB, 400x350
>>45105122
Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>45105454
Please say she did more weird things
>>
>>45106007
That seems reasonable.
>>
>>45105850
Evil is extreme selfishness, really. But it can be broader than single-minded devotion to yourself. You may be ruthless in your devotion to your family, friends, ethnic group and/or political group. In fact, you may be quite willing to sacrifice yourself for them.
>>
>>45106018
I meant
>please write the other silly but adorable things she did
>>
>>45105784
Had the same thought.
Not like it is not possible, but it is funny that this is the first thing mentioned after semi-realistic.
>>
>>45105456
Really? I thought rey was a bit of a coward for most of the movie, what with her fear of admitting that her family wasn't coming back. I'll admit she got over it fast, when challenged.
>>
File: +2 necklace.png (787 KB, 1322x2528) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
+2 necklace.png
787 KB, 1322x2528
Always good for a whaa?
>>
>>45105227
I'm more confused by the fact that it sounds like the group had enough time to run down to the ground floor while she was still falling. Even with rolling initiative with the rest of them, she should have hit the ground long before the rest of the group got anywhere near a fight (even if it was only a floor or two down).
>>
>>45105454
10/10 map, got more?
>>
File: 1452719380115.jpg (180 KB, 947x891) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452719380115.jpg
180 KB, 947x891
>>45106140
>>
>be at board gaming event with my dad
>get into one-shot ORE game, dad knows GM
>rest of group is that girl (iirc was gm's daughter too), that guy, quiet girl and edgelord
>that guy is constantly dicking over the group (you're trying to stealth? I clank over with all my loud things jangling) and at one point tries to tell the GM what he finds in a barrel
>edgelord is a dick to rest of the group, condescending as fuck, has a cybernetic arm
>can't really talk, my character was indifferent to the party at best
>quiet girl doesn't do much notable, but at least is helpful
>dad tries to lead party as literally Vimes from discworld
>that girl stays back with quiet girl
>until we get into combat
>already discerned we can't communicate with them, combat already started
>she tries to talk to them
>throws a shitfit when it doesn't work, goes passive aggressive and when she does talk goes on about being talked over, how she's tired and how her dumb ideas never work
>she ends up leaving, we try to continue
>find princess/ noble's daughter we were looking for
>that guy decides to try to kill the noble's daughter for no discernible reason
We had fun, but that was a terrible group.
>>
>>45106185
>>that guy decides to try to kill the noble's daughter for no discernible reason
This guy seems like the real problem.
>>
Once we got into an argument over the value of potato with some girl, she was ok other then insulting potatoes.
>>
>>45106185
>at one point tries to tell the GM what he finds in a barrel
Can you recreate the dialogue?
>>
>>45106274
There is a shoe.
>>
>be regular at flgs, one of three in town
>playing 40k 4th ed because i enjoy giving my jew gold away
>spend most of my time there either painting or talking to people, once in a while playing a game there
>bro guy starts bringing girlfriend
>turns out she found out the flgs was not male exclusive and did not trust her boyfriend to be alone there
>she just sit down at one of the tables, waiting for him to finish playing
>warhammer games take for fucking ever to play
>she gets bored and start to complain about that he is not paying her any attention
>one day she is sitting at the painting table
>hear her exclaim ew, gross and walk over to her boyfriend
>he pack up and they leave together
>i return next week
-sorry anon, you are not allowed here anymore
-bro guy's girlfriend told us about how you tried to sniff her hair
-you can still order stuff from us though, we would hate to lose you as a customer
>leave and never return
>>
File: 7656756786.jpg (27 KB, 470x351) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7656756786.jpg
27 KB, 470x351
>>45106288
>-sorry anon, you are not allowed here anymore
>-you can still order stuff from us though, we would hate to lose you as a customer
>>
>>45106288
>-you can still order stuff from us though, we would hate to lose you as a customer
Is there any way I can COST them money.
>>
>>45106185
I'm no good at storytime so don't expect a sermon but this reminded me of my first GM experience.
> It was a 3.5e game because I didn't know any better.
> Group was a Dwarf Paladin, an Elf Wizard, and that guy who played a Chaotic Neutral Halfling Rogue.
> I planned this game for weeks trying to make it great [spoilers] looking back now it sucked ass anyway [/spoilers]
> It had puzzles and traps and ambushes and wars and druids in the background the whole time all just to make the world more dynamic.
> We get in and it's set in a tavern. The PC's haven't even met yet as requested by the players.
> Wasn't a problem, nothing bad came of it.
> Except the whole plot.
> It was originally supposed to be about how the island they were on was actually a giant machine where everything was controlled and monitored by legendary BBEG who lived in an unreachable mountain and all of the baddies were just subjects.
> Made BBEG lichlord for the sake of immortality.
> This is all replaced by that guy asking if he can have a large tome with a sort of octopus on it.
> A little odd but I see an ocean vibe I can manipulate.
> Being on an island, this could work for a quest.
> Wizard approaches Rogue.
> Wizard inquires about the tome.
> "Ever heard of the Cult of Cthulhu?"
> I shit you not, he pulled that card.
> I shot him a shifty "please not this" look and he pushes the fact that I allowed it against me.
> Alright, I may be at fault here. We'll just see how it plays out.
> Eventually, Paladin arrives on scene.
> "Wanna help with this book?"
> "Okay."
> Not the best roleplayers.
> They wander around the town harassing the merchants for goods until they get kicked out of town.
> Paladin is a long-term player and is visibly fed up at this point.
> Every time that guy even open his mouth, you can see him prepare to cringe.
> Paladin tries to sway Rogue in a more tolerable direction.
Cont.
>>
>>45106217
Kind of, but the shitfitter was a bigger disruption overall and it is a That Girl thread.
>>45106274
There wasn't much to it, he just described along with putting his hand in a barrel that he felt a goo or something, the GM corrected what was in the barrel and we continued on. It was just kind of odd.
>>
>>45106288
>-you can still order stuff from us though, we would hate to lose you as a customer
The correct response is "You just did. Fuck you."
>>
>>45106288
did it smell nice doe?
>>
>>45106314
Wrong \. Whoops.
> Rogue resists the swaying and says OOC that his alignment is for his benefit, not the party's.
> Even though he's probably forgotten about the book he was so happy to include in my story.
> I try to hint at the story I pieced together by plot device in the next town.
> "No, we need to learn about this book."
> Second session, still hasn't told me what the fuck this book is or does.
> Getting pissed.
> Decide it's been enough pussy-footing around.
> Start combat as they enter the city.
> Save the Paladin, the party has decent sneaky ability.
> Paladin whoops ass as Wizard and Rogue sneak around.
> Get into city.
> Under siege from Goblins and Orcs.
> Lolwut.
> They're basically fighting each other for the city.
> Oh okay.
> Continue to sneak around town.
> Eventually the rogue gets bored and decides to fight.
> Instantly 50 goblins and orcs in every direction.
> Ass blasted.
> Rest of the party goes on without him.
> They're already too interested in the book to get back on track.
> Fuck it, game's over. You cocks can't get out of this fucking book.
> Just come up with something for it, it'll be fun.
> I invested too much time for this fuckery. I'm done.
Never GM'd again.
>>
>>45106376
I may be a whiny bitch or a bad GM or whatever you want to call me, but I literally slaved over that story with nothing better to do for weeks. So when he asked to include a book I assumed in was a sentimental thing for character building. He did not mention that it was a summoning tome for Cthulhu himself until I stopped GMing and everyone was upset with me for having my story ruined by them.
>>
>>45106395
You should have stopped him when he mentioned Cthulhu. If he says you allowed it, tell him you allowed a book with an octopus on it not fucking Lovecraft.
>>
>>45106341
>the shitfitter was a bigger disruption
Quitting a game is fine.
>>
>>45106423
I agreed to the octopus because I figured it would be some fairytale about undersea treasure his mom used to read to him. When he mentioned Cthulhu, I figured it was just some dumb shit his character obsessed about. Then the whole party jumped on the bandwagon.
>>
>>45106304
There's arson, but I don't advise that.
>>
Ya'll got some shitty DMs. This shit never would have flown with any of my sessions.
>>
>>45106376
maybe he should've been a GM.
>>
>>45106395
>>45106376
>>45106314
Sounds like typical "PC does something stupid, gets himself killed" to me. You tried to get them back on track, and they went around the book business of their own volition, so their fault, not yours.

>Second session, still hasn't told me what the fuck this book is or does.
Do people really try to sneak items into the game like this? You can always say "unless you tell me exactly what you're planning to do with that book, I get to decide what it is, and I will decide it does nothing and doesn't connect to anything else in the world".
Plus, it would've given you a better opportunity to prepare and use it as a plot hook if you wanted.
>>
>>45106456
That would just get the insurance people involved, and that is a whole other bundle of assholes.
>>
>>45099040
>No one cares about your shitty judgment on others' stories.
Well, you clearly do.
>>
>>45106503
I absolutely could have, but it was my first time GMing and I assumed the best. I only planned what I wanted, unsuspecting of the book. If I had been more open to preparation, I would've made it a myth and been done with it, but they would have to travel to the only college on the island to discover that which was on the other side past mountains. I also could've put in an NPC that could've put it to rest, but these players were picky and didn't like Randos telling them important plot stuff. It's was mostly their fault but also my newbie ass painting myself into a poorly-designed corner.
>>
>>45105028
Good post.
>>
>>45099293
Naw fuck this, this is great
>>
>>45106447
Maybe I didn't emphasize it enough, but it wasn't like she just left when she didn't like the game, although that still would've been irritating because there was basically no reason. She sat their moping for ages snapping at anyone who asked if she had anything she wanted to do, like a child having a tantrum.
>>
File: 1394643301223.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394643301223.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>45106571
>although that still would've been irritating
Stopping to consume a type entertainment that doesn't entertain you, is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>45101400
Those are big nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>45103590
Fake or not, it's a fun read
>>
>>45105009
Fuck your GM, what a mangy cunt. She is too, of course.
>>
>>45104082
Get out of your own echo chamber if you want to criticize somebody else's.
>>
>>45097767
I'm married with one now. Already told the story in the othe r thread.
>>
>>45105208
>>45100159
>moralfags
The bitch deserved it. I said to her out of game that I would only take the item for a moment, then give it back. This after she stole the loot from me and I asked nicely twice out of game and in-game through roleplay. I just had enough.

Also, who cries because of getting steal some shit you don't deserve, and that doesn't actually exist in the first place because it is all in our imagination. Fuck her.


>>45101581
Also. Thank you, Anon for understanding.
>>
>>45098950
What the fuck did I just read?
No, fuck off I don't care about who was in the wrong, what the fuck was even happening? You are utter shit at writing even a coherent greentext.
>>
>>45106586
I agree that it's reasonable, but its a group activity and dropping out mid session can disrupt things a little for the rest of the group. Hence irritating. Irritating =/= unreasonable.
>>
>>45105028
fucking 5 stars
>>
>>45106086
The sad thing is, I can believe this one. Mostly. I've known so many fucked up people. Particularly ones that lie, to everyone, especially themselves. The type who would say "I'm not a very sexual person. I don't like sex." then run off and cheat on their boyfriend the very next week.

Something tells me the DM in that story was so deep in the closet that she became an ouroboros of sexual frustration and self loathing.
>>
>>45106376
As The GM you have the almighty power to recton a shady inclusion
>can i has X
>ok, sure
>then i summon my favourite unimaginable being
>no
>but you said-
>No.

Dm is right, especially when wrong
>>
>>45106780
I'll keep it in mind in case I GM again. That experience kind of ruined it though. I was told to expect some curveballs I wouldn't like but I didn't expect anything like that.
>>
>>45106395
The moment he said that he had a summoning book for Cthulu you could have said : "yes you have the book titled the Summoning book of Cthulu, a popular fictional novel in this land." That would have shut him down right there.
>>
>>45106787
If you do gm again try to avoid writing a story, this happens the party does this, that kind of thing
Instead try for ideas and characters
This is happening, this guy is plotting this, these factions don't like each other, this guy is a fick in general
And the party walks in. String them into these ideas if you can and see where things go
Its hard, definately, but it's the only way to avoid a derailed story

And for the sake of our collective sanity, Make sure your players are cool before you start
>>
>>45106787
Alternatively, be flexible enough to link something like that back to the plot.

"It turns out the book makes people go insane, and is written by the BBEG. The rogue is insane and the writing is gibberish, but it still links back to the plot about the giant machine. IT WAS AN INSANITY TEST."

There, bam, done and dusted, you keep on your railroad and are suitably passive aggressive and your campaign fits in fine.
>>
>>45101542
"So, are we going to debate, or what?"
>>
>>45100159
She looted his kill
I would have straight done a backstab, even with a paladin, not even asked for it back.
>kill bandit leader
>had used a wondrous magic item in oyr duel
>attempt to take as trophy
>our filthy druid wolfucker takes it as I'm walking towards it
>pause, when she obviously intends to pocket it for herself announce i move behind her
>"I ram my sword through the back of her sternum"
>>
>>45106042
A "Wizard" to me in a realistic setting is just a tribal shaman, Goetic or Thelemite theologian with a masters in bullshittery and enough knowledge of customs and social norms that they can leverage the powers of taboo and ostracism within their community.
>>
I've had girl in party once.
Played 2 campaigns with her - her character was so unremarkable in one of them that I forgot about it. I've played with her for two weeks 2-3 times per day(RPG summer camp) and I can't recall her character.

Other one she rolled male pirate in pirate themed campaign. She was really bad at role-playing men. And really bad at playing pirates.
Our captain was awesome though.
>>
>>45099293
She sounds smart
>>
>>45097767
That girl.
>Average Roleplayer
>Wasn't familiar with the setting. Learned it anyway.
>Chooses her roles to fit gaps in the party.
>Never hosts. Always brings food to make up for it.
>Doesn't bother taking loot, as she's happy just killing enemies.
>Never uses a coaster and is a messy eater.

This fucking bitch I swear.
>>
>>45106787
Don't worry, you did pretty well from what I can tell.

If you want some advice, you should start the game (especially if it's a long-term campaign starting at low level) without any looming threat on the horizon. A fairly vague setting, a few NPCs (minor or unreachable for PCs), a general idea of what major events are happening and who is involved with those events, done. Have a few independent quests ready - maybe even one quest with multiple leads into it. I would actually suggest just having a few of those prepared at all times and put them in the game as necessary.

Have them running those minor adventures without encountering the major plot directly for the first few sessions. One, it gives them a chance to develop their characters a bit. Two, it lets everyone get to know what everyone can do. And three, it gives you time and opportunity to see how you can work the PCs personal goals into the game - up to you if you want to have them lead back to the main plot or be independent of it.

Basically, less "there's an army of the undead just outside the gate and you must go on a quest to defeat it!", more "what do you wanna do tonight?"
>>
>>45099305
>Essentially rps as herself. And is a total party stealing, betray the party, dick.
>a total party stealing, betray the party, dick.
>herself

Did you finaly realise who you had married, bruh?
>>
>>45098950
It seems i'm not able to understand your writing, cause i didn't comprehend any of that shit
>>
File: 1430365603700.png (218 KB, 800x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430365603700.png
218 KB, 800x590
>she always plays elfgirls with elaborated backstories of betrayals and plotting
>when she plays male characters their backstories always include ass-rape and abuse
>decides to be DM for a new game we're starting in 2016
>does a really good job with it, despite very blatantly ripping off Bloodborne
>makes us act out our characters' RP at the table, this led to me hooking up with the other girl in the group
>been fugging a tiny petite asian qt since That Girl became DM

She already let us know that we'll run into aboleths eventually, third edition design because she hates the rest. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>45107116
>been fugging a tiny petite asian qt since That Girl became DM

Read this in another thread, good for you anon!
>>
File: lesbianfeminist.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2017) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lesbianfeminist.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2017
>>45099285
I remember that first one, here you go
>>
>>45107116
Oh, the hookup worked? Hell yeah. You should give your DM a brofist.
>>
>>45102769
I would like to know more
>>
>>45107116
>makes us act out our characters' RP at the table
That seems a little… extreme
>>
>>45107038
Coaster fags pls go.
>>
>>45102984
The strength list in Necromunda had a skill, Bulging Biceps, that let you do exactly that.
>>
>>45105160
Plenty of people gripe about that movie, with some justification. I'm one of them.
>>
Might as well share the story now

> Uni (happened 2 years ago)
> GMed a Demon the Fallen (oWoD) game
> Everything is on rails
> If you try to escape the rails, you will be put back on them even if your powers say that you can solve the situation
> One example was us getting trapped in some weird dimension with no escape unless we talk to an NPC who was there. Even though came up with a variety of ways to escape, the GM just glat out said it does not work and was getting increasingly irritated when we tried
> Her bf joined the campaign
> He's insanely OP, not as much with the stats but with the background dots: He has a bunch of weapons that can deal aggravated damage to demons (none of us have that) and has an actual hidden castle in the mountains with a ninja clan serving him (bear in mind this was a modern setting)
> Turned one pc into a small white kitten because he was always trying to get off the rails and was obviously getting on her nerves
> This actually turned out to be fun as the kitten could still use the demon powers (lasted for a few sessions)
> At one point had a nervous breakdown and did not host the game for a month because she felt that we were not trying to play it as intended
> Find out she has sever anxiety issues and possibly bipolar and is on meds

She wasn't terrible, but when she GMed, it was all rails all the time. I also find it humorous that she absolutely loves WoD while being a devout Catholic
>>
>>45107116
>ass-rape
>ripping off Bloodborne
>aboleths
Campaign's gonna end with you being a mind flayer's fuccboi, mark my words
>>
>Be me, eternal DM
>Be planning a game of 2e WFRPG
>Brother asks if his friends can come
"Sure, that's fine"
>They come, none of my normal crowd wanted to play with younger people, so they all dropped out.
>Don't mind, these new kids are pretty decent at this.
>We have a soldier, a monk, a fieldwarden, and a berserker.
>Combat focused group, combat focused game.
>They all work as bounty-hunters, whilst trying to find more details about the Chaos cult that devoured their town.
>One of them brings his girlfriend.
>She seems alright.
>Decides to make a thief character.
>Is useless in combat. Every turn is spent either running away, or trying to climb a tree.
>Also, the character is male. And has a normal name, because it turns out that this girl is a transexual boy, and she wants practice at responding to this name.
>Several sessions in, realises how useless their character is atwhat the rest of the group wants to do.
>Asks if they can make a new character.
"Sure, that's fine."
>She decides that rather than just say they left the party, they want their character to die.
>Bear in mind, that as this character wasn't very good at combat, they didn't have many weapons or armour. As such, they often carried a lot of the rest of the equipment.
>Stands up, and gives a dramatic speech about the evils of mankind. Or something.
>Jumps off the boat they were sailing on into the sea.
>Can't swim.
>Party loses most of the gold.
>No-one was willing to give her a lift to the next session.
>>
>>45107529
>> Turned one pc into a small white kitten because he was always trying to get off the rails and was obviously getting on her nerves
>> This actually turned out to be fun as the kitten could still use the demon powers (lasted for a few sessions)
I have a sudden desire to play Kittens: The Adorable. Or Kittens: The Massacre depending on system.
>>
>>45107565
I remember her mentioning planning to run a game where the pcs are kittens that are Lovecraftian monsters or something like that. I don't think it was her homebrew, it might have been someone else's homebrew from our RPG society. Or maybe it was an actual official game, wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>45106086
What
Why
Why would he do that?
Why wouldn't he leave? Why didn't he call her a sociopath or do SOMETHING?
>>
>>45107643
Weirded out by sexual attraction and vague disgust at her, followed by unsurety at the vague horniness he felt from actually being turned on by the sexual dominance, most likely.
>>
>>45108103
Was it ever confirmed that it was even a he?
>>
>>45107563
They dun fucked up by not having a bag of holding.
>>
>>45108198
>Warhammer Fantasy
>Readily available bag of holding
Pick one.
>>
>>45108144
I want to say it's a girl. Makes sense with the DM being anti-gay
>>
>>45097870
Does online session counts as having played TTRPG? I live in a very small town that I highly doubt someone else ever heard about it.
>>
>>45107643
>>45108144

I'm sure Op was a girl, considering how weirded out they were at the DM's comment about hating lesbians.
>>
>>45099503
>mediocre shot

Finn has got to be the most accurate stormtrooper in fucking history. Did he miss any blaster shot?
>>
>>45108564
>most accurate stormtrooper
So he can hit the broad side of a barn from ten paces?
>>
>>45104362
Except in this case the crop duster and fighter jet were manufactured by the same company and shared control schemes/placement. A better comparison would be T-38 and F-5.

>>45104871
Nah. Might arguably be an air speeder, which is something different, but is definitely an atmospheric craft.
>>
>>45105160
>I really feel like the complaints would be much more muted if the character were male

You're shitting me, right? The most hated character from the prequels was Anakin, and the prequels had Jar Jar. The backlash against Anakin was so bad, both actors who played him gave up acting. The kid had his life fall apart and spent time in jail, and Hayden became a fucking dairy farmer in Canada.
>>
>>45097870
I used to play when I was a kid and would like to again but have no friends and I don't trust people on the interwebs.
>>
>>45108797
I feel like they got the blame for the directors shit.
>>
File: wtf.png (78 KB, 230x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wtf.png
78 KB, 230x160
>>45098950
>this Sphinx's sole reason for existence is to corrupt someone through sex
wat
>>
>>45108910
I think he got confused succubus and sphinx.
>>
>>45108592
It's just proof that Finn is force sensitive. That kind of accuracy from a stormtrooper absolutely has to require divine intervention.
>>
>>45108904
Your feelings are true.
>>
>>45099293
Now I want a caption with whatever tryhard rapper trying to be relevant saying "da bitch did gud"

I'm sorry.
>>
>>45105213
Maybe because the DM wasn't very committed to helping one of the characters go all magical realm with the campaign's conclusion.
>>
>>45098104
>aggressive vegan
>moralfags at you inconsistently

I mean, what did you expect?
>>
>>45105160
>Muad'Dib is the literal messiah and nobody gripes about that.

Except for, you know, Paul.

Well I highly recommend you read the book instead of the shitty movie. Both Paul and his sister loath their destiny's. What makes Paul's precognition so interesting is that he is actively trying to change a future he fears is immutable.
>>
>>45106086
Gotta love the classics.
>>
>>45105227
I was figureing that the guards were at the bottom of the tower, so attacking as falling?
>>
>>45108279
key word here is tabletop
no table no count.
>>
>>45107116
>>been fugging a tiny petite asian qt since That Girl became DM
>tiny petite
Don't those two words mean exactly the same?
>>
>>45108285
I thought that meant more that OP was weirded out by the DM hating lesbians, while having used him to play out a lesbian fantasy.
>>
File: Kill And Rape.jpg (12 KB, 250x207) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kill And Rape.jpg
12 KB, 250x207
Well, I don't really have a That Girl story, but I do have one surprisingly murderhobo girl story.

>Playing RT in online campaign
>Friend finds new player via art community online
>He explains that her character idea was a small, loli-esque noble brat who got kicked out of her family for being too violent
>Became a mercenary instead
>Not actual loli, just the ol "stunted growth" thing
>Now just a bloodthirsty merc out to kill people
>I ask friend if he is SURE she is a girl and not just a fake girl (internet and all)
>He responds that if she's not a girl, then she sure is good at faking her voice
>Game begins, she is indeed a legit girl (judging by voice)
>Plays her gunslinging Arch-Militant as a dumb, kill-crazy mercenary, but is both loyal and non-disruptive
>Be infiltrating the HQ of a Hive World's local FBI-equivalent
>My Death Worlder goes pretty smoothly, using a vague disguise and snapping necks when needed. Even picks up a office drone as a companion after theatening him/rewarding him into helping
>Loli-Merc goes through the entire office floor with a jetpack and twin bolt pistols, murdering every single office drone she sees
>Operation succeeds. Most casualties were poor, defenceless office drones.
>Player even draws art of her killer-loli. She's a tiny, cute psycho fondling bloodstained swords

All in all? Pretty fun player, but she sure wasn't what I expected a female player to make.

>Inb4 sexist misgyonist asshole, etc, etc
>>
>>45099293
That's actually pretty good
>>
>>45103948
Fewer.
>>
>>45106376
>Second session, still hasn't told me what the fuck this book is or does.

Well there's your mistake. You're the DM, you tell HIM what it does. And it was clearly an oceanographical study on octopi.
>>
>>45109439
Ok Stanis.
>>
>>45105028
I nominate you for GM/Player of the week
>>
>>45106304
Do you have to pay for orders ahead of time?
>>
>>45109412
I don't think anyone would expect a murderhobo loli PC, from either gender
>>
>>45110015
>>
File: Nausicaa Bikini.jpg (177 KB, 794x1099) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nausicaa Bikini.jpg
177 KB, 794x1099
>>45105160
>Paul
He was a satire of the messianic archetype in the book who started a jihad he couldn't control and killed himself.

From the very beginning he was an artificial Jesus. A false messiah.

>If he were a girl

Pic related is the girl version (minus the irony, similar to the David Lynch version) and people love the shit out of her. She's full on Greenpeace in the manga and people -still- love her.

>>45105462
Dune was good anon. It was like a dark, cynical take on Asimov's Foundation.

>>45105286
I like you anon. Do you think the Twin Peaks revival is going to be good?
>>
>>45110015
Am I being baited?
>>
>>45102852
>>45103351
>>45103375
>Felicia Day

I don't believe "fake nerds" exist in any meaningful capacity. If one is a hobbyist about something then they are a hobbyist even if they aren't particularly erudite about it.

But there are tiers of knowledge. There are levels of development. And Felicia Day always struck me at being at the very, very bottom.

She's more a fan of trendy pop culture than anything. Do we have a name for those kinds of people?
>>
>>45098779
Frenchie living in Austria since 1994 for what the fuck I don't even reasons.

>>45098621
Niiicee.
>>45098334
Acceptable.
>>45109163
Common human decency.
>>
File: Luke Suffering.gif (4 MB, 330x186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Luke Suffering.gif
4 MB, 330x186
>>45104631
Was she demanding it or did she just bring it up as a suggestion for future plot events.

Because someone is wrong here, and depending on how you describe what happened it may have been you.

>>45105178
I have always, always, always wanted an Al Qadim game. Genie intrigue is best intrigue. And Genie harems are best harems

>>45105232
>>45105160
>Is Luke a Mary Sue

The guy suffers like crazy, especially in Empire.


-Family killed by storm troopers
-Kind old man that took him in killed by Vader
-punked by a yeti, nearly freezes to death
-Gets shot down by a giant robot dog
-Has to work his ass off training with a muppet in a death-swamp. His preconceptions about power are challenged
-Experiences traumatic visions
-Even after his leveling up Darth Vader kicks his ass and cuts off his hand
-Arrive too late to help his BFF Han
-His Jedi father that he idolized turns out to be Darth Vader
-That QT princess he had eyes for turns out to be his sister.


Guys, being Luke is suffering. Continual suffering and hard work.
>>
>>45110366
>Do we have a name for those kinds of people?
Where I live, we call them teenagers.
>>
>>45108279
Yes. Online counts.
>>
>>45099557
Kids are exactly the same as they were 20 years ago.
>>
>>45111520
Underrated post.
>>
>>45105160
>Pic is somewhat related. Muad'Dib is the literal messiah and nobody gripes about that.
I FUCKING GRIPE ABOUT THAT.

Or I did, until I learned that was in fact the point. Still annoying as shit, though.
>>
>>45110629
Teenagers can be legit nerds.
>>
>>45111773
What makes a nerd unlegit?
Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 44
Thread DB ID: 477850



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.