[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Erfworld Bk3 Pg129

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

So Archons can see all illusions not just the equivalent of true seeing

www.erfworld.com
Roll 2d22.
Two of the same number do not count
1: Findamancy
2: Predictamancy
3: Mathamancy
4: Turnamancy
5: Dollamancy
6: Weirdomancy
7: Dirtamancy
8: Changemancy
9: Dittomancy
10: Lookamancy
11: Moneymancy
12: Foolamancy
13: Flower Power
14: Signamancy
15: Date-a-Mancy
16: Shockmancy
17: Croakamancy
18: Hat Magic
19: Carnymancy
20: Rhyme-o-Mancy
21: Luckamancy
22: Healomancy
You are Chief Warlord of a side with these Two types of Casters and a Thinkamancer. How do you use your Linkups?
>>
Not doing the safety dance, unfollowed, banned, friendzoned
>>
Rolled 1, 14 = 15 (2d22)

Roll
>>
Rolled 19, 21 = 40 (2d22)

So first Bean's down on the very first volley.

What are the odds there are any left by the next update?
>>
>>45091463
Hm Count Downer has a holographic rangefinder, I wonder if Jack made him it or it was already on the gun.
>>
>>45091463
I don't think Jack was hiding his arrows from the Archons, it doesn't mean that archons can see every foolamancy ever all the time, we know that they can't
>>
Rolled 2, 11 = 13 (2d22)

>>45091463
I love the fact that I came up with the linkup chart.
>>
>>45091934
Odd I was assuming he made it viewable by his side / allies only - maybe for the Juice? Or to let other casters know what they were fighting against.
>>
>>45091905
I think it's from Jack considering that the other Decrypted have simple reticles and we haven't seen them when the archons have used the rifles.
>>
>>45091947
OP here - yes it is awesome, thanks for making it. Gives us something extra to discuss.

Recommend you post it over at the official forums, the subreddit, or the thread on giantitp.com
>>
>>45092031
I hadn't thought of that.

I'll do that.

>>45091947
Moneymancy and Predictamancy... Cashflow predictions is the obvious choice, but maybe I can pay to alter predictamancy somehow...
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d22)

>Sneak Angels
>6 Females
>That purple sky

I like how well Rob can work in the references, sometimes blatantly and sometimes subtly, and how Signamancy gives legitimacy and importance to them.
>>
>>45091863
Carnymancy + Luckamancy seems like a pretty potent combination.

The first thing to come to mind would be the ability to boost a unit's, city's or even a side's rolls while skirting the requirement that those rolls come at the expense of other friendlies, or even allowing you to take the good numbers from opposing sides. If this were possible, you could effectively weigh the dice.
>>
The archons are going to break the moment they lose whatever leadership bonus their officer in uniform there is giving them. They're clearly panicked and being forced to focus.
>>
>>45092151
Yeah enjoyed the reference to Freakangels - anyone know how that worked out for Warren Ellis?
>>
>>45091969
I think it was simply the simplicity of it
>>
>>45091863
In the forums they suggested that one would survive, and he will die crushed beneath the dish after trying to climb to get it.
>>
>>45091463
Whelp that's one Bean down already. Do you think the other two will survive this?

Also what's going on with Parson's arm? I think the sword got shot out of his hand but it's not very clear.
>>
>>45093865
He dropped it because he deflected a bullet with it.

Lilith is awesome!
>>
>>45093865
Sword plus bullet equals a lot of force. If someone isn't proficient at handling a sword it's very easy to loose it in those conditions.

I wonder what The Tool is thinking watching all this money flowing in and out of his treasury.
>>
>>45093865
Beans are not gonna survive more than two pages. And Parson is probably shaking off the shock he got from having bullet hit the sword.
>>
>>45093957
>Sword plus bullet equals a lot of force.

The forces are...bloody difficult to say anything whatsoever about. But that doesn't matter, because we can pretty much just ignore that bit here. People have this tendency to go for force all the bloody time, but in reality its pretty common that you have no reason or way to use force here. Of course, many don't really know what a force is either.

Bullets have a lot of energy. But they're also very light compared to a sword. So despite their speed they carry very little momentum, which in turn means they can't impart much in the way of speed to the sword, so there isn't much shock transmitted to the hand.

The energy carried by the bullet is spent deforming the bullet, damaging the blade, and/or retained by the bullet (fragments) as they speed off in some more or less changed direction.

The Mythbusters did an episode on trying to shoot a gun out of someone's hand and got results in line with this. Doing somethign similar to whacking the gun with a baseball bat transmitted a huge impulse to the hand, and made it near impossible to hold on. But a bullet, despite similar energy, couldn't get anywhere near that amount of impulse (impulse being transmitted momentum, and the bullet lacks momentum) and as a result the hand felt a lot less, and holding on to the gun wasn't nearly as hard.
>>
>>45093957
Hard to say, but I think charlie is the one who loses the most money out of this. The archons are firing unassisted and are shooting into a larger crowd. A single winged hit costs them 2 mil and there are a lot of meat shields. Meanwhile the Gobwin knob forces are getting accuracy buffs along with leadership.

Charlie is throwing everything into this while pissed off and on a slow command line. This will not end well for him.
>>
>>45094198
Now keep in mind that Parson is about as untrained and unprepared for the situation as is possible, he probably lost it from surprise more than anything.
>>
>>45094367
Someone a few threads back said the contract could be read as just an attack could be considered a breach, whether or not it actually hit. So each bullet would be worth 2 million for each side.
I was going to say that meant Charlie would be in the lead, money wise, since GK has 10 people attacking vs Charlie's 6. Then I actually looked at things.
GK only has 5 units that are actually firing and they seem to be taking the time to line up their shots. Where as the Archons look like they're going full auto spray and pray.
Either way you're right. This is going to end up very expensive for him.
The only question is what will he gain from this loss. No one else in the Magic Kingdom, ... I just got that..., probably knows the archons are there. So with Jojo's spinning there are a lot of people that probably think GK is just straight up attacking.
>>
>>45094834
Jojo and friends can only spin so much. GK has the great minds and the hippiemancers on their side in the war against Charlie.
>>
>>45096170
One of the Great Minds seems to be a mole, or at least an informer to Jojo. The Chief Justice looking guy.
>>
>>45091463

What a waste of a good caster.
>>
>>45096170
the rest of the magic kingdom doesn't know anything about what GK is doing.

They see arrows and war. Dead casters rezzed.

No Charlie units.
>>
>>45096774
They see giant arrows pointing at empty spaces in the sky, GK forces shooting up at them, and they're seeing GK forces go down.

Opinion in the magic kingdom are going to be varied, and it'll be mix and match of who believes who. Those who can use some sort of sight might be able to see them.
>>
>>45096866
jojo has intiative and GK were first hated.

Only the thinkamancers have anything against Charlie
>>
>>45096917
More than just the thinkamancers. Lots of hate for Charlie.

But it isn't going to swing cleanly one way or the other.
>>
>>45097028
Once they have time to actually stop and explain things I think any caster that isn't retarded is going to understand the implications of archons being able to pass through Charlie's portal.
>>
>>45097139
Units deveil once dead, right?

It shouldn't be an issue, seeing as there's already Gobwin Knob troops in the Magic Kingdom. Charlie's just defending himself from rogue attackers.

That's how I'd spin it, anyway.
>>
>>45097249
>defending himself from rogue attackers
By literally bringing war into the magic kingdom.

Parson may have been breaking the neutrality rules with his portal shenanigans, but he didn't drag his fights there.

Plus, Parson is a single unit. Archons are many units, and as actual regular erfworlders are very much not supposed to be able to go through portals, where Parson at least has his eldritch horror 'he doesn't even have stats' stuff as a potential excuse for being able to portal.
>>
>>45097249
how do we know they didn't already have those archons in the magic kingdom?

I never saw any archons come in and I don't trust GK
>>
>>45097697
They can just get a bunch of Rhyme-o-mancers and ask them if he's telling the truth. There were also other observers that were close and grasped by Charlie's bullets and didn't croak.
>>
>>45097697
>how do we know they didn't already have those archons in the magic kingdom?

Nnnot really helping Charlie's case with that one.
>"Oh I didn't run these archons through my portal to attack Parson, I've /always/ had them lurking unseen in the magic kingdom"
>>
File: 1337203272690.gif (584KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1337203272690.gif
584KB, 320x213px
>>45097875
>>45097846
"it was that foolamancer! Groping about with that damned croakamancer, bringing in stealth WMD's in the Magic Kingdom! They'll croak us all and force us to work for the TOOL! I've seen their plans!"
>>
>>45097697
Archons are notorious for veiling. Some casters can probably see them.
>>
Rolled 1, 9 = 10 (2d22)

I like this comic, but the slow pace kills me.
>>
Rolled 3, 11 = 14 (2d22)

>>45091463
Come oooooon, Luckamancy don't fail me now.
>>
Findamancy isn't very well defined, but obviously it can find things. Hidden things. So I'll use Findamancy to find things in my units they don't even know about, and use the dittomancer to draw them out. The findamancer finds the hidden potential in my commanders and other units while my dittomancer doubles it to make it stand out more.

OR

Use findamancy to find enemy units and make a duplicate of them in my kingdom for interrogation. Enemy commanders have no idea they're the ones revealing their secret plans to me.
>>
Rolled 15, 5 = 20 (2d22)

>>45100966
So... Increasing the efficiency of farms?
Create a Stock Market, and then rig it in my favor?

What can Moneymancy actually DO?

Re-rolling
>>
>>45100740
I'm in agreement with you there.
Some webcomics can get a good bit of content through a single update. Sadly this isn't one of them.

I also just noticed Parson said "shit". Seems the powers that be are loosening their restrictions on language.
Maybe his real fate is the more time he spends in that world the more it starts to resemble ours. The Titans were bored with turn based games and just wanted to turn Erf into a real time based one.
>>
Rolled 16, 13 = 29 (2d22)

>>45091463
>>
File: 150.jpg (830KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
830KB, 900x1277px
>>45101414
Parson's been able to swear ever since the end of the Battle for Gobwin Knob.
It's just that now being able to, perhaps he doesn't feel the need to as much.
>>
>>45101531
>Flower Power+Shockamancy

Maybe something literal, like explosive plants or a field of those flowers from Ringworld that turn sunlight into a deathray.
>>
>>45101648
Huh, I could have sworn it was sometime after the capture of Jetstone where he said he was finally figuring out what he could and couldn't say.
Well, it was a fun stupid theory while it lasted.
>>
File: falcon2.jpg (54KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
falcon2.jpg
54KB, 300x225px
>>45091905
someone on the erfworld forum mentioned that it looked like the targeting system on the millennium falcon
>>
>>45101734
You basically turn into the guy from Plants vs Zombies.
>>
>>45101981
It was something written in those logs he wrote in... book 1 I think? Talking about things he could and couldn't swear with.
>>
>>45105893
Yeah his frustrations, but he managed to break it once he threw the Sword of ruthlessness away
>>
>>45101121
>What can Moneymancy actually DO?

Probably decrease unit upkeep, increase production of Smuckers, and give a better rate when exchanging Smuckers for Gems. You've got an Accountant handling your side's paperwork.

Also since its Mathamancy it can likely provide accurate forecasts on certain actions.
>>
Rolled 13, 2 = 15 (2d22)

>>45091463
rollan
>>
>>45110633
Predictamancy and Flower Power?

That...could do some worrying things.

Flower Power's a highly under-rated magic it can stop combats, prevent units from engaging, increase food production, create and manipulate plant units and poisons...

I'm seeing a mini-version of the Tyrells. Tons of Crops because I always time my Flower Power spells correctly, and know what to grow to sell surplus to other kingdoms. Poison leaders who would bring war...
>>
>>45110825
>Poison leaders who would bring war...
Dame Branch pls go and stay go
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.