[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
I really don't get the hate Tau get...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 37
File: tau.jpg (9 KB, 186x271) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tau.jpg
9 KB, 186x271
I really don't get the hate Tau get they are totalitarian so how are they the ''good guys''? They are Imperium that doesn't use skull symbols and treats other races as second class citizens instead of killing them on sight. I love Tau and I love anime they really remind me of Japan - elegant, swift and deadly meanwhile Imperium is the West - brute force and dumb tactics. You are angered because deep inside you know Imperium is for edgy kids that's all.
>>
>>45087653
You started your post like you may have been moving to a point but then you suddenly switched to rabid weaboism

Maybe anon left the room in the middle of writing a post and some weed came into the room and added his shit and hit post
>>
>>45087685
You know it's the first time I have seen a genuine hardcore weeb in months although this guy might just be a troll
>>
>>45087653

> treats other races as second class citizens

Citation needed.

Then again, they suffer from the 40k problem that there really isn't a single 'canon'. It's retcons upon retcons and varies from writer to writer. When I was into the game, the Tau were respectful of their auxiliaries as long as they acted in line with the ideals of the Greater Good, and the totalitarian flare was subtle and insidious.

And now I hear about the Tau making gulags and sterilization camps and I don't even know. Apparently they turned into total mary sues in their latest book, too, which is annoying when Tau players have been defending that they aren't for years. GW had to go and make it true.
>>
>>45087736
Humans can't reproduce, Kroots are cannon fodder.
>>
>>45087741

Nope. It's explicitly stated in one of the codexes that the Tau don't use cannon fodder, full stop. They're a small empire with a focus on technology, they don't have the infrastructure base to even waste otherwise disposable assets like drones.

And the human sterilization thing was, IIRC, in Dawn of War, when the books have stated that there are stable populations of mostly autonomous humans living happily on Tau worlds.

But, see the aforementioned fluff clusterfuck that is the 40k universe.
>>
File: 0d2.jpg (17 KB, 499x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0d2.jpg
17 KB, 499x500
While my hate of the tau is only an imperial standard amount, my hate for fedora tipping weebs is far surpassing even the most dedicated angry marine. So please, just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>45087736

The mockery they made of Pask and the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard was really not well written.

I mean, you SET UP Pask vs his Tau Counterpart...then you never deliver on it and have him chumped by nameless hammerheads? You were delivered the possibility for a badass moment for both sides regardless of winner on a silver platter and fucked it up.
>>
>>45087855

GW quality writing, what do you expect?
>>
>>45087855
In all fairness, Pask did actually get chumped by Longstrike. The writing was just so bad as to preclude badassery.
>>
>>45087653
>I love anime they really remind me of Japan - elegant, swift and deadly meanwhile Imperium is the West - brute force and dumb tactics. You are angered because deep inside you know Imperium is for edgy kids that's all.


I hope you're trolling. If not, consider suicide.
>>
>>45087880
>GW quality writing, what do you expect?
Basic competence, though it appears I am doomed to disappointment. Mont'ka wasn't merely bad, it was twelve year old fanfiction tier writing to the point that I'm shocked Farsight and Shadowsun didn't have a poorly written and anatomically improbable sex scene before the final battle.
>>
>>45087882
It's ok, even the assassins all jobbed to the Tau. Except the Culexus, but they have such a ridiculous list of abilities I don't think it's possible for them to job.
>>
>>45087653
Nah, the Tau are basically nobodies within the actual fluff. A minor annoyance at best, and a "What the fuck is a Tau?" at worst.

/tg/ gets pissed off at the Tau simply because they attracted weeb faggots like you but in the end plot armor and GW codex authors sucking your dicks is the only reason you even play.

Everybody here knows that if Tau were in the same place SoB or CSM are right now, the vast majority of the Tau players would switch to whoever else had the strongest units with the easiest tactics.
>>
>setting based on the shittiness of everyday life
>everything and everyone who matters is brutal by necessity or nature
>main audience is fond of the oppression, bloodiness and edginess inherent to its fluff
>put in a race that strives to achieve a form of Greater Good that actually somehow resembles what people think of as the greater good

Face it, anon, they're not grimdark enough for the rest of the setting and that makes them stick out like a sore thumb. or, you might say, like a special little snowflake.
>>
>>45088444

As a taufag, I always liked the Tau as the spark of hope that was doomed to fail. Every time they gain ground, every victory and achievement brings them closer to corruption, to failure. In fighting the monsters of the universe, whether it's Chaos, the Imperium or various Xenos threats, that is slowly but inevitably making them into monsters.

It's why I object to the 'They've always been evil' fluff. That's boring as hell. The hopeless fall into decay, the absolute certainty that a bright light in the universe will fall to the same shadows that every other great empire does, if they survive at all... I think that's plenty grimdark for the 40k universe.

Of course, it also implies plot progression, so yeah, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>45088541
>plot progression
Well without some serious plot intervention the Imperium of Man just fucked the Third Sphere in the ass.
>>
File: 1433389917514.gif (802 KB, 500x275) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433389917514.gif
802 KB, 500x275
>>45088541
If they were actually written that way, I'd like them too. To my knowledge, they are not.
>>
File: 1451911111177.jpg (88 KB, 652x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451911111177.jpg
88 KB, 652x540
>>45087653
>I love Tau and I love anime they really remind me of Japan - elegant, swift and deadly meanwhile Imperium is the West - brute force and dumb tactics
too obvious/10
>>
>>45088572

That's the thing. Some of them is written that way. It was in the early codexes, and it still comes across in places... But 40k fluff is utterly schizophrenic, so they rubberband from pure perfect mary sues to boring Orwellian totalitarians every couple of pages.
>>
>>45088560
>the Imperium of Man just fucked the Third Sphere in the ass.
Go on.
>>
>>45088649

They rolled out a Dark Age of Technology weapon and turned an entire sector (IIRC) into plasma, obliterating every world within it and creating a radioactive wall of cosmic fire between the Tau and the rest of the galaxy.
>>
File: 1422515467695.jpg (48 KB, 538x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422515467695.jpg
48 KB, 538x720
>>45088665
metal as fuck
>>
>>45088665
No, they just set the Damocles Gulf aflame cutting off the Third Sphere from the rest of the Empire. Then they exterminatus'd the planet, which was stated at the beginning to contain a large portion of the Third Sphere's forces.

The Third Sphere expansion is heavily damaged and cut off and there's no way for it to survive without serious plot shenanigans. Which will likely come in the form of a long series of jobbings to Shadowsun
>>
>>45088771
Plot Shenanigans like the Red Corsairs doing something?
>>
>>45088409
>plot armor and GW codex authors sucking your dicks is the only reason you even play.
I'm not that anon but I feel the need to hold up the flag for my brothers and sisters who started playing Tau in 5th edition with the 4th edition codex because they'd do anything for hypervelocity slugs and customizable powered exoskeletons.
I also liked the combination of boxy and round design elements.
>>
>>45088956
Forgot to mention cold pragmatism and a whole philosophy of warfare about suckerpunching the enemy in the throat.
>>
>>45088771
>Which will likely come in the form of a long series of jobbings to Shadowsun
Or Farsight. Depends on who's on the cover.
>>
Brute Force dumb tactics of the West resulted in the Oh So Honorabru Japanese Empire becoming the Wests bitch.
>2 nukes removed gooks
>>
Just finish the Supernova Superweapon already and exterminate a thousanworlds of the Imperium in rtaliation.
>>
>>45088771

Prefectia is in the hands of Tau loyalist. It is the perfect place to serve as bas e of operation thanks to its energy reserves.
>>
>>45090405
That would work great is the Tau command structure and available military could get off Agrellan. But the atmosphere is slightly too on fire until the plot moves and they get those new shields into production.
>>
>>45091263
> But the atmosphere is slightly too on fire until the plot moves and they get those new shields into production.
That's the Damocles Gulf. Like, all of it. The Tau can't send anyone from the main empire to the Third Sphere.
>>
This seems like a good thread to ask.
I've been out of the GW loop since 5th edition, and recently I went into the website.

What happened to the Tau colour schemes? Why are they wearing white now instead of brown? Is it some retcon thing or is it the colour scheme of some specific planet?
I do remember the tau codex saying they used camo fitting the planet they fought in.
>>
>>45091385
The Navy dropped a worldfire missile onto Agrellan itself as well.

>>45091600
It's just a different Sept's coloring.
>>
File: 1440358952776.gif (33 KB, 250x234) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440358952776.gif
33 KB, 250x234
>>45087653
The reason I dislike them is their representation in lore pieces and books. They have so few actual losses that it's ridiculous.
>The Imperium pushed deep into tau space!
>The Imperium is suddenly recalled and the tau reclaim all the land plus more and have no issues, it was all part of their plan from the beginning!

>Space marine armies push into tau space in a revenge move, claim one of their most powerful worlds which was the staging point for a push into imperial space, want to push further, but the imperium says no, oddly
>It was all part of the Tau's plan all along! While the marines attacked their massive invasion fleet, they sent an even massiver invasion fleet to another sector and began taking more Imperial worlds, prompting the second damocles crusade

>An admiral goes to speak with a tau leader to negotiate the release of prisoners, when suddenly his entire armada goes rogue and joins the tau!

They're just too played up, with little to temper them down.
>>
>>45091706

They're there to hammer home oft-forgotten fact that Imperium a shit
>>
File: japanese-bait.png (72 KB, 594x595) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
japanese-bait.png
72 KB, 594x595
>>45087653
>>
>>45091762
Not that anon, but I blame mostly the High Lords.
>>
>>45087653
You actually made me want to melt down my tau army into a giant Guilliman figure.

People hate tau because of weaboos like you, please go play necrons or something.
>>
>>45087653
They are slightly nicer than the Imperium and don't automatically hate humans.

This gets all the HFYfags' collective panties in a twist.
>>
>>45087653
The only Tau I'd play is the Farsight Enclaves. Because at least they consider going into close combat.
>>
>>45087969
>it was twelve year old fanfiction tier writing
How is this different from any other GW writing?
>>
>>45089496
Christ, /pol/ is leaking again
>>
>>45087685
>>45087702
By being half dumb and half sensible, he's got his best chances at baiting people against each other.
>>
>>45088444
The joke is that Tau is good by being compared to the grimderp of the scary future.
In Brighthammer Tau is just normal 40k Tau. With all the shady background stuff
And thats the joke.
>>
>>45091706
>They're just too played up, with little to temper them down.
Sounds like the Imperium.

In fact, it seems like the Imperium is the only thing the tau CAN win against with regularity. They get outsmarted by orks, tricked by DEldar TWICE, genocided by Necrons, and so on.
>>
File: 1380333410764.jpg (7 KB, 206x237) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380333410764.jpg
7 KB, 206x237
>>45087653
You're total weaboo faggot. I hope a feral pack of blacks rolls a penetrating hit on your tight anus.
>>
>>45091762
Really, though. In Mont'ka, the Tau were more threatened by their own commanders than they were by the Imperium.
>>
>>45087736
I mean, are then any 'O Rank Kroot? Do Kroot get to make any command decisions? We know they have a degree of control in their domestic policy, because that's what Shapers do. Would we ever see a Shaper that's as venerate and respected as Shadowsun? Would a Kroot's inventions be respected by his peers in the Earth Caste?

Blue privilege exists.
>>
>>45088771
Weren't the T'au on the second expansion in their introduction?

Wouldn't the end of the Third Sphere expansion just set us up for a Fourth Sphere?

How is Aun'Shi still alive?
>>
>>45091600
The newest scheme is Dyan'oi being featured. brown is still the color scheme of T'au.
>>
>>45087653
You answered your own question.

>I do not like Japan or weeaboos
>The Tau remind people of Japan or Weeaboos
>Therefore, I hate the Tau.

To provide another anwer, the Tau just don't fit the style of 40k.
Look at a Dreadnought, a Gagrant, a Hive Tyrant, a Hellbrute, and even a Wraithlord, and you'll see a distinct gothic/organic style.
The Tau Battlesuits are fat gundams with camera heads that look nothing like any other giant robot in the setting

It's like watching Star Trek and GLaDOS shows up, they are both sci-fi, but have two very distinct styles that do not mesh well.
>>
>>45092790
>To provide another anwer, the Tau just don't fit the style of 40k.
>Look at a Dreadnought, a Gagrant, a Hive Tyrant, a Hellbrute, and even a Wraithlord, and you'll see a distinct gothic/organic style.
The Imperium is Gothic
Orks are Dirty
Tau are Clean
Eldar are Graceful
Tyranids are Ugly (I mean that in a good way, don't get butthurt)
Necron are ... well ... Gloomy?
DEldar and CSM are their "good" counterparts + spikes.
They all have a distinct style. The thing about Tau is that you have to pose and paint them well to make them feel like they belong to the battlefield and not in a hangar which is pretty hard for noobs, especialy since GW doesn't do it.
>>
>>45089042
Dark Eldar do it better
>>
>>45093044
Every race except the Tau incorporate skulls or bones in some way.
Clearly the Tau do not belong in 40k
>>
>>45093372
Eldar have skulls or bones?
>>
>>45093465
Wraithbone and Dark Reapers come immediately to mind.
>>
>>45093519
I don't really see it on the Wraithbone except for the word bone of course but you are right about the Dark Reapers.
>>
>>45093575
Wraithbone is more symbolic and nominal than visual, admittedly.
>>
File: 1443833601447.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443833601447.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>45087653
>they are totalitarian so how are they the ''good guys''?
They ain't. Fags on the internet just like to say it to press other fags buttons.

>Japan - elegant, swift and deadly
There is nothing elegant about Japanese military doctrine.
>>
>>45087653
I like the Tau and the Imperium. I'm just annoyed that the Imperium has such trouble with a tiny Xeno Empire. It's really a sign of GW's terrible sense of scale. The Tau Empire should at least be an order of magnitude larger than it is.

It's also be nice if the Tau army reflected their multi-species make up more.

Finally, there's no way the Tau would remain ignorant of Chaos. There should be fluff that explores there reaction to psykers and experiments with the Warp. For example, the Tau could try genetically engineering their own psykers with disastrous consequences. Or they could have a secret police almost like the inquisition that monitors and culls psykers from their subject races.
>>
>>45093984
That'd be pretty cool. Speaking of Chaos and the Tau, Is there any existing lore with the Tau and CSMs?
>>
File: 1430448754678.jpg (27 KB, 435x326) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430448754678.jpg
27 KB, 435x326
>>45092399
'O Rank Kroot
They're just giving O' rank to any animal that asks for it.
>>
>>45092399
There is Angor Prok, who has that sort of status.
>>
>>45094283
There's that time the Tau killed Slaanesh.
>>
>>45087736
It might have been the 1st or 2nd Tau'dex, don't have them on hand to check but it was said to some extent that because the Tau are true believers in the Greater Good their treated as 1st amongst equals, etc. Basically only Tau are true believers, thus their numero uno.

>>45092399
Angor Prok, who was literally the supreme leader of the kroot who signed the treaty to join the Tau empire. Kroot are merc's though, always have been, so there would never be a reason to hand over that level of control of your army over to them.

>>45091600
> Why are they wearing white now instead of brown?
If you actually look into the codex you'd see that the orginal brown scheme is there, and the white/red is simply the color scheme used by Vior'la.

>>45093984
I've always subscibed to the fact that the Tau Empire survives where other xenos empires get wiped out by the Imperium because 1st tau citizens basically give up all their freedom and work full stop towards the "greater good", and 2nd the Tau have incorporated other alien empires into theirs unlike most others previous xenos empires. Thanks to the colossal fuck up that is Kroot and Vespids, and weebs that wanted only Tau asthetic in their armies, the alien empire doesn't get represented on the table top, and I'm guesssing GW gave up on the whole more aliens idea seeing as the last few releases have been only Tau.

As for Chaos/psykers, and the lot. Tau simply don't understand it. In the Medusa campaign they tried to study it scientifically, and predictably it failed horribly and they learned nothing.
>>
>>45087653
1/10. You had it at first, but you made it way too obvious in the end.
>>
>>45096591
It's a shame really. Kroot and Vespids have a lot of potential, but their rules really bring them down.
>>
>>45087653
Correction, Imperial Guard is for manly men. Space Marines are for babbys who need to be constantly appeased.
>>
>>45088444
The only thing that people give a shit about in the Fluff is cool people doing cool things.
When you write it like shit and give no thought into it people are going to hate it.

And no there are Imperium Worlds that aren't shitty and opressed.
You're just trying to falseflag torwards people who like every other faction and you yourself are a taufag, not to say all other taufags would do this but you in paticular are a fucking faggot.
>>
>>45096591
The Imperium namely the Inquisition doesn't much understand Chaos either. They still know how to deal with it. The Tau, having encountered psykers and thus encountered the results of a rogue psyker namely daemons, would likely have policies for dealing with them. They'd have to or every human world they took would descend into a daemon world within a few centuries. They'd probably have an entire organization dedicated to the task, an alien version of the inquisition.

Also, I don't think the Tau's survival in spite of their small size can be excused by their dubiously higher economic output per world. They're simply too small. Even then, I doubt their economic output is much larger at all. The Imperium doesn't give a crap if it's people starve to death because human life is almost worthless in an empire with quadrillions of people. That means it's rulers aren't afraid to squeeze every drop out of their subjects, even work them to death if necessary because hey there's 100 more workers ready to take the dead guys place. The Tau meanwhile, probably value their citizens lives much more being a relatively small empire. This is especially true if the Tau are a minority ruling over a vast majority of minor species as implied in the fluff.
>>
>>45091789
We need another beheading
>>
>>45091877
>not playing 1 commander with Onager Gauntlet and 10 Breacher Squads
>>
>>45091877
>>45089233
>>45097486

Farsight, though being the marysue that he is, is still a lot of fun. He's the sha'sO' Punished Snake of the 40k universe, living out in the middle of space in a fucking oil rig and doing whatever he wants. I wish they'd expand the amount of friction between him and the Empire, eventually blowing up into a civil war between the Enclaves and the Ethereal. As usual though GW doesn't expand on good ideas.
>>
>>45094889
Oh god, don't even start this again.

Kill ONE Champion of Chaos and suddenly the entire race starts thinking they killed a Chaos God.

I really, really want a Slaaneshi Daemonic invasion and CSM assault on a major Sept world, with a Keeper of Secrets essentially murderfucking the entire command structure of the planet in brutal and horrific ways. By the time the Tau arrive to reinforce the planet, they're gone, and all that's left is a giant shrine to Slaanesh carved from the Tau skin and bones where the capitol used to be, with the words, "The Dark Prince Is Coming" written in blood all over the place. The existence of this incident is then covered up immediately, and the planet abandoned by the Tau
>>
>>45093984
The Imperium HALTED the third sphere expansion. How is that a failure for the imperium?

Stalemate is a loss against the Imperium of man. They have more men, guns, ships, etc.

Not to mention they assasinated Aun'Va.

Did you guys even read the books? Someone earlier was sputing how pask "lost" despite living up to his fluff. (He made some crazy ass shots and survived a railgun hit. Losing a tank is not a loss for him....)

You are all glass half empty motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1453297093491.jpg (119 KB, 573x592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453297093491.jpg
119 KB, 573x592
>>45098038
Unable to capture either planet, lost a chapter master of a 1st founding chapter, had to fire bomb the region, which they only did b/c the Mechanicus gave them a parting gift

>Stalemate is a loss against the Imperium of man
kek sure, you imperialfag's keep telling yourself that
>>
>>45087685
>but then you suddenly switched to rabid weaboism
>weaboism

That's not how you spell bait.
>>
>>45088572
I've seen it occasionally. There was an aside in a story about Chaos Space Marines which conveyed this.

The Tau had taken over a human world, stamped out the Imperial creed, and put a stop to psyker purges because they thought it was all just silly superstition. Within a few centuries the Tau had to evacuate from the planet, as warp mutation and daemon possession began to run rampant.

Also, that one bit of fluff about the Tau welcoming Necrons as saviors (they fought off the Tyiranids) only to be summarily slaughtered... that almost fits the bill.
>>
>>45099041
Well then, congratulations on playing the Sue race.
>>
>>45097117
>would likely have policies for dealing with them
Yea sure, that doesn't mean they understand or have a good way of dealing with it, like the imperium does. For example, say trying to detect latent psycic abilities in the local populace. The Imperium has ways of doing it, and psycic's of their own, and what not to find them. The Tau don't understand the phenomenon, and they'll never be able to build scanners etc. to weed it out, because science doesn't work here, and that's what Tau rely on.

>I don't think the Tau's survival in spite of their small size can be excused by their dubiously higher economic output per world

It's not about output, I'm talking scientific advancement. They've outpaced the Imperium in many area's despite being a very very young race. Sure the Imperium can throw away milions if not billions of lives, but their riddled with corruption and ineffective bureaucracies. There is not crime on Tau worlds, they don't need police forces, there is no useless excess or waste of resources. Ol'Bob there doesn't till the farm land from dusk to dawn so that he can one day buy a bigger car, he does it because he's been raised to enjoy working.
>>
File: 1453925480506.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453925480506.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>>45099332
Claming a Pyrrhic victory every time the Imperium can't win a fight, sure that isn't Mary Sue at all.
>>
File: PBF020-Skub.gif (48 KB, 900x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PBF020-Skub.gif
48 KB, 900x300
>>45087702
>>45091907
Your Troll detection skills are strong. I saw this immediately.

It's a variant of the Skub/Anti-Skub troll.
>>
I've always preferred the subtle evil approach to the Tau.

It's still a grim dark approach, just from a different angle.
>>
>>45093984
They have planets full of humans, humans who are not giving there psykers up to the black ships, HOW do tau not get chaos yet?
>>
>>45100420
because whomever is in charge of modern tau fluff forgot about that problem
>>
>>45100078
Can we get a gear head in here ad translate that binary?
>>
>>45100420
How many humans, do they really have that many? There are some but I've never seen it touted that there are tons of humans living under the Tau. Other things are, the Tau probably keep a strict watch on them, and force them to live like tau, i.e. very little free time for cults and shit, to pop up. Second, psykers are rare, strong one's are even rarer, their needs to be a juicy target for Chaos to notice. Third, I don't think the 1st thing a psyker is going to do when they realize their a psyker is go "welp time to turn my head into a giant portal for deamons".
>>
>so how are they the "good guys"?
They aren't. Craftworld Eldar are.

God, I wish 40k shit wasn't so overpriced. It's not that I can't afford it; I just don't want to support GW's fucked up business practices by buying the Eldar army I'd so love to run.
>>
>>45100602
iktf bro

Except I'm a Crimson Fists man.
>>
>>45100602
Meh, there's so much failcast in the Eldar line your better off waiting anyways. And Ebay is your friend.
>>
>>45100557
Probably gibberish if not then binary a=1 alpha numerics substitution code?

Cba to find out.
>>
>>45100601
>I don't think the 1st thing a psyker is going to do when they realize their a psyker is go "welp time to turn my head into a giant portal for deamons".
That's literally the first thing that happens to most untrained psykers.
>>
>>45100601
The most of the 3rd sphere and a good chunk of the second were human worlds, so likely dozens if not hundreds of worlds some of which will be hives.

In short they have enough humans to have a MAJOR psyker problem.
>>
File: Enslavers_art.jpg (35 KB, 589x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Enslavers_art.jpg
35 KB, 589x768
When will the Enslavers wreck the Tau and humble the Etherals' pathetic mind control with their own powers? Would the Tau notice the difference?
>>
>>45100601
Tau have supposedly captured entire hive worlds of people.

Let that sink in for a moment. Places that can easily have thousands of trillions of people. So many that they can't actually be counted over the course of several lifetimes.
>>
>>45087653

They're not Japan, they're every technocratic totalitarian Western utopia from Plato's to Shaw's. But you know that.

In fact I will say that they are Brits because Brits seem particularly fond of this sort of stuff. Maybe not the ones today but the ones 70-100 years ago and prior to that as well. Caste system! Efficiency! Social control! Plucky well-specialised Englishmen and their noble savage colonial auxilliaries guided by their Oxbridge-trained Fabian overlords to spread the Maximum Utility I mean Greater Good throughout all the world.

I know it's far from a perfect fit but it is still a closer one than Japan.
>>
>>45100669
The first part says "okay.jpg"
Second says "what"
Third says "holy oil leak intensifies"
Fourth says "today was a good day"
>>
>>45100420
>>45100787
Maybe living in tau land is just nice, so you are less likely to turn yourself into a daemonhost?
Or maybe they do go all chaos occasionally but tau dont realize what they are dealing with and just shoot them thinking they are dangerous aliens?
>>
>>45100751
Can enslavers enslave things with such shitty souls? Can they effect necrons?
>>
>>45087653
The Tau are basically the equivalent of humans in a setting ruled by non-humans
>>
S͎͇̙̫̑̇̇̐o̞̩̻͙̐ͩ͗ͭͤ͘ͅọ͈͈ͪͪ̽͑̅̀n̪̦̥̓͌̋̍̈.͖̰͇̹͇̈́͐̽̈̈́̚ ̗̼̱̦̺̆̉ͤͩ̔͐̑͞S̀̏ͫ̋ô̮̘̘̭̪͚ǒ̃͆̐̇̽͝n͉̈.̶̩̖̗͚̻̒ͦ̿ͬ̀̐ ̰̞̠̼̥̜͉̎̈͌̄̒̾ͣW̭͡h͖̥̆͋̉͑͠e̸̗̼̠̪̗̰̫ͦͩ̉͊r͉ͣ̽͘e̴̯̹̝ͤͯ̍͂͊̽ͮ ̛̫̬ẅ̱̥̙̓͑̄i̥̗̗̖̥͚̬̍̉̌̚l̦̜̼̖̝̥̦̉̂ͮl̫̦̲̇ͣͧ͊ͣ̚ ̴ÿ̻̝͓͚͡o̲͎͈̱͜u̳͑̍̌͗̈́̎̿ṙ̥̣͆̆ ̺͍̣̠͕̈́̂ͪ̉Ĕ̲̉͘t̢̩͔̜͕̜̯ͦ͌̾ͅh̪͚̥͚̼̗ͦ̔e̛̤̘̗̅͂̿r̨̳̭̬̂̎ͮ̇ã̩ͨl̨s̭̦̣̠ ̯͕͆ͪͫ̂ͅb͕̣̗̬̀͌͛́͌̅ͮé̬ͯ͞ ͙̤̲͇̖̖ͥ̽̚͡w̜̺̰̘̰͚ͬ̑̀ͭͣ͛h͈̼̣̒͌e̘̻̹͍͐̀ͪ̈́̒n̜ ͓̱̼͡w̺̼͊ͭ͟ȅ̥̰͊ ̭͈̜̇̂̒cͤ̍̇ͨ̇̊̂ŏ̲͚ͩ̏ͪ̎ͮn͋͗ͦ͌̍̇̌҉̼͕͇̬t̻̯̳̟̗̹͓ͯͣ̅̋͝r̡̲̼̙̲̬̺̜ͣ̃͛ͥͣͤo̶̹̜͙̅̎̾l̯̞ͧ̓͂ ̢͑͒ͬͫ̓ͦy̼̟̝̻̹ͧo̶̦̹̼̪̦̗ͮ̅͛̂͑͊̓u̳͕̼̼̤͇̞ͦ?͕̘̍ͬͣ́̀
>>45100868
>Maybe living in tau land is just nice, so you are less likely to turn yourself into a daemonhost?
That doesn't matter. Daemons will do it.
>>45100904
They can possibly control anything. Daemons and Necrons included.
>>
>>45100960
Tau probably cant tell the difference between chaos and regular psycher shitology.
>>
>>45101000
I think you're right.
>>
>>45100557
>okay.jpg

>what

>holy oil leaks intensify

>today was a good day
>>
>>45088572
There was a nice Deathwatch short story where a Water Caste Tau loses her faith in the Greater Good after they come across a Deathwatch fortress that was infested with horrible fungus Tyranids. Most of the other Tau characters in the book - her Fire Caste escort, the Water Caste Tau who receives her on the planet - are portrayed as either worn down or somehow crueler than they should be. Even the Gue'vesa auxiliaries are somewhat barbaric, seen as superstitious and hard to keep under control or really following the Greater Good.
>>
>>45092399
The Kroot don't really invent, though. Most of the time they prefer primitive tech for some reason, despite having those big sphere-shaped ships that are more advanced than Tau ships in that they can actually go through the Warp. Probably because they focus on biology and evolution more, and technology would limit their strengths by forcing them to rely on something not of their body. Don't tell the Iron Hands that though.
>>
>>45100868
>Maybe living in tau land is just nice, so you are less likely to turn yourself into a daemonhost?
not how it works. Psychic power is extremely dangerous without soul binding and training.

Even after literally sharing the Emperor's essence, it's still really fucking dangerous.
>>
>>45097864
>Lorgar finds out about them Killing "Slaanesh"
>>
>>45091706

The problem is that the Tau CANNOT afford to lose. If they lose, it's curtains for them. It's like Finland versus Russia in the Winter War: It didn't matter how well the Finns fought, there were always more and more Russians.

The Imperium has such a staggering advantage, if they're not thwarted at every turn? Might as well throw out the Tau books. The Tau can't lose, because it'd mean annihilation as a species - and how will they sell Codexes then?
>>
>>45101183
Dont they have sphere ships because they got ork engineering genes?
>>
>>45101217
Technically it really did matter how well the finns fought. If they had fought like shit their whole country would have been taken over instead of only a small piece of it.
>>
File: EchoesoftheMont'au.jpg (2 MB, 2525x1258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
EchoesoftheMont'au.jpg
2 MB, 2525x1258
>>45099309
>There was an aside in a story about Chaos Space Marines which conveyed this.
>The Tau had taken over a human world, stamped out the Imperial creed, and put a stop to psyker purges because they thought it was all just silly superstition. Within a few centuries the Tau had to evacuate from the planet, as warp mutation and daemon possession began to run rampant.

Sure you're not thinking of the Blood Tithe thing in the CSM codex timeline? It's different, but I'm not aware of anything closer:

>920.M41 The Blood Tithe
>The Tau Empire expands into uncharted territory, hoping to bring new populations into their fold. The Tau diplomats forge an uneasy peace upon the planet of Ur-Clemait, a world that has been consumed with civil war for centuries, simply by supplying one side of the warring factions with hi-tech pulse weaponry. Though most of the remaining population seems content with the Tau’s enforced pacification, the elders and priests of the old faith are distraught, insisting that the Blood Tithe must continue to be met. While most of the wizened priests try to incite rebellion against the xenos, several attack the Tau directly, clawing feebly at their battlesuits or even taking their own lives in messy displays of martyrdom.

>The puzzled Tau continue their mission of absorption and assimilation, but before the year is out, the Word Bearers arrive to enforce the neglected Blood Tithe. They attack the newly prosperous world of Ur-Clemait in terrible force, chanting prayers of appeasement to the Dark Gods as they cut down human and xenos alike. The Tau Fire Caste meet the invasion head-on, and the world is plunged into an ongoing war far more terrible than the ritual struggles of old that had once provided payment.
>>
>>45100808
I always figured they were China, particularly Ming China in the 1600s - the years when it was the most prosperous and powerful, fairly liberal, and developing their greatest technological and philosphical works, but by the end of the century the Manchu had taken over completely.

The connection fails in that they're not a gigantic empire with a lot of people, and they're a lot more expansionist than the Chinese ever were. To even get close, you'd have to stretch the Tau all the way across the eastern end of the galaxy where the Astronomican doesn't cover, and make them a lot more well of and a bit older.

How long have the Tau been around, anyway? Only the last few millennia? I remember a bit of fluff having them do some sort of fighting in M38, but that seems long before the Imperium takes notice.
>>
>>45101329
>How long have the Tau been around, anyway? Only the last few millennia?
Used to be just a couple hundred years. Now it's a few thousand.
>>
>>45101289

Still, you get the analogy. One solid victory, and the Tau are gutted, forever. Shadowsun is hacked to pieces, Farsight is shot in the head and a Space Marine steals his sword as a trophy, and a triumphant Imperium sweeps across Tau-held worlds, purging them of all life.

Face it, the Tau are the 'another enemy of the Imperium so we don't have to constantly fight Chaos' race. It's like Orks, Necrons, Tyranids and so on. They're not really connected to the grand Chaos versus the Imperium plot that is 40K's story, they're there for side-stories.

Like, even Chaos Space Marines loathe aliens of all kind. The grand story isn't really about them.
>>
>>45101439
They tend to win a lot more than most though. And it seems like the crons are the real big dogs lately.
>>
>>45101312

It's a story in Treacheries of the Space Marines.
>>
>>45087653
I actually fucking wish they stayed "good guys" but stayed weak and pointless in every aspect, showing that you have to be grimdark to survive, instead of being assholes like everyone else, and becoming top tier in the actual game.
>>
>>45101487

Necrons are scary, but they're not really people. Tau are vaguely human enough to be relatable, Necrons are an army of zombie robots led by liches.
>>
>>45101539
They are still less assholes than everyone else.
Say what you want about possible nuterings and mind control its still a damn sight better then being randomly turned into a servitor or being press ganged into the guard.
>>
>>45101563
That's a good point - Tau are another race of aliens that, unlike the Eldar, feel a lot more alien while still being fairly human. Generic in a sci-fi universe, but stands out in 40k. Maybe it stands out too much, though. In a universe where most races are working with ancient technology or rebuilding from scrap and spare parts, why do the Tau get to make new thing after new thing?
>>
>>45101563
Necrons have a more human body than tau. Granted its not a part of the body you usually see moving on its own, and its made of metal, but at least they dont have hooves.
>>
>>45097117
>The Imperium doesn't give a crap if it's people starve to death because human life is almost worthless in an empire with quadrillions of people. That means it's rulers aren't afraid to squeeze every drop out of their subjects, even work them to death if necessary because hey there's 100 more workers ready to take the dead guys place.
You do realise it's actually highly inefficient, right?
>>
>>45101608
Because they dont have tens of thousands of years of technological advancement behind them.
Eldar and crons already have top tier shit, imperium refuse to do anything new without a hundred miles of red tape and religious bullshit and chaos just uses magic.
Orks occasionally pull something new out of the bag and nids come up with new shit constantly according to fluff.
>>
>>45101682
The Imperium's got to balance efficiency with a constant, pressing need for more of everything. If it gets product out the door faster, let the workers die. There's a war that needs winning, and there's no point in organizing shifts or putting fresh workers in the place of worn-out vets. We can slow things down once things get better - but they never really get better.
>>
>>45099213
Yeah I guess it was probably bait

Far far to fucking blatent to be likely genuine.
>>
>>45101682
The imperium of man is a lot of things. Efficient is not one of them.
>>
File: bewarethetau.jpg (10 KB, 174x280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bewarethetau.jpg
10 KB, 174x280
>>45101510
Oh, thanks. I've had that book for ages, just haven't got round to it yet.
>>
File: 1452482353698.jpg (13 KB, 215x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452482353698.jpg
13 KB, 215x200
>>45087653
>>
>>45100680
Indeed
>>
>>45101811
I love how it vaguely looks like a Hindu god. Right direction (in terms of real world cultures), wrong idea.
>>
>>45101329

That brings me to why they are also Britain in another way. They're Elizabethan England. Young, plucky, self-righteous, existing next to a far bigger but far clumsier and more overstretched empire (Spain).
>>
>>45090344
>Just finish the Supernova Superweapon already and exterminate a thousanworlds of the Imperium in rtaliation.
>tau can't into FTL travel
>super weapon cannot be deployed
>it'll ultimately be used to commit sudoku
Look into your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>45101917
I love how it ends up looking like a genestealer hybrid thanks to the extra arms and distorted head.

Because that's exactly what a hybrid would do.
>>
>>45102001
>tau can't into FTL travel

When will people stop repeating this meme? They've still got their skim drives.
>>
>>45102029
Well, it's six arms, not four. But it could be interesting - Tau propaganda actually ending up being more useful in combating genestealer cults than the Tau.

>Imperial citizens report Tau activity in the underhives
>describe a multi-armed sacrificial altar and disheveled human slaves changed with xenos science
>Arbites are skeptical, but check it out anyway
>end up flushing out a genestealer cult
>"oh, so that's why they weren't blue"
>>
>>45102084
man, I'm blind

But yeah, I'd like to see more fluff dealing with genestealers infesting other alien races. We know it happens, it's just never made relevant.
>>
>>45099647
Fuck Skub
>>
>>45102141
Well, for the Tau and the Eldar their society is really regulated and it's hard for them to form cults. And even the Orks know the Genestealer-Orks are weird gits. I did see a bit of fluff that said the Hrud could be infected by Genestealers, and there was one pretty nice IG novel where the Orks turned out to be genestealer hybrids, which was a pretty good twist that explained a lot of previous stuff. Pity I didn't find it that good of a book overall, and the genestealer part was kind of forgotten.
>>
>>45102161
the fuck you say, Anti-skub piece of shit

trash like you is what's sending the world into the shitter
>>
>>45099464
>There is not crime on Tau worlds, they don't need police forces, there is no useless excess or waste of resources.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>45087653
The Eldar are more Japanese than the Tau, they even do the mech thing better with the wraithlords and wraithguard being driven by their dead ancestors.
>>
>>45102254
Go fuck yourself, you skub fucker. I bet you like rubbing that shit all over your dick, then putting it all over your fist while you fist yourself, fag.
>>
>>45102255
Not him, but there are actually police on Tau worlds. The role is filled by Fire Warrior cadets, and it's a notably boring position because crime is so low.
>>
>>45102255
Might have been one of the Ciaphas Cain books.
>>
>>45102214
In the first Cain novel the Tau are kind of dumbfounded by Genestealer Cults even when some of them were humans who worked with the Tau to support their annexation of their world. Kroot eating cultists and saying they "tasted weird" was the only way Tau had to initially figure it out.
>>
>>45102345
Doubt it. The only 2 times he ran into Tau were during a genestealer cult uprising on a contested world and during a Nid invasion on a forge world.
>>
>>45102297
god damn you Anti-skubbers are getting desperate. My secuality or 'me-time' activities have nothing to do with my choice of Skub. It's just objectivly better, better color, Better flavor, Better experience
>>
>>45102298
I imagine that judges have an even more boring job
>>
>>45101590
Unless you work on an agri world, taking care of servitors and doing other shit at night.

Probably agri worlds have better standards of living than let's say a hive world.
>>
>>45102036
Wich are too slow, how long will it take to reach an important system?

Also it will be detected before it reach said system due to the warp anomaly will be detected by any astropath.
>>
>>45102851
It's about 1/5 the speed of Imperial FTL at much lower risk of getting lost in the process. Considering as well that Tau have a rather small local cluster and set up relays between systems to quickly deploy Hunter Cadres when needed, I'd say they're fast enough to respond.

As for being detected, are you trying to suggest that an anomaly in the warp is an indicator of anything? It's the warp. It's made of anomalies.
>>
>>45102940
For all the astropaths know it might end up being themselves from the future.
>>
>>45096786
>Tau don't have cannon fodder
>In the edition where the best use of kroot was making a cheap line of infantry to break up charges and force leadership tests on shooting to protect your real units
>>
>>45102940
"Sir, we've detected an anomaly moving this way at a steady pace"
"Yeah it's probably nothing, let's not do anything about it"
>>
>>45101183
>Kroot don't invent
Clearly it's propaganda invented by Blues to downplay the accomplishments of proud Kroot.
>>
>>45103241
>steady pace

Do you know how a skim drive works?
>>
>>45102418
IIRC, funny chaos tastes was something remarked upon in the first Tau codex. Don't know if they kept that up.
>>
>>45103283
Huh,
maybe Tyranid is probably like a "seafood/shellfish" taste and Chaos is more of "smokey/greasy taste"?

I mean Kroot would probably be able to tell the difference between the two types of "corruption taste".
>>
>>45102443
>muh skub
Stop skubshilling and fucking kill yourself
The wrong side won WWII if they were trying to get rid of skubtards like you
>>
File: 21.jpg (766 KB, 1170x1615) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
21.jpg
766 KB, 1170x1615
>>45102141
For over 10 years now, we've even had a major part of Tyranid fluff where Genestealer infestation of non-humans played a crucial role and took place on a massive scale, but the actual infestation has always been skipped over in favour of what happened next.

Also, back when said fluff first appeared, the codex didn't explain how Genestealers actually do their thing (although later ones have), so if you weren't aware of the older lore detailing how Genestealers work, the bit about the Orks being "impregnated" could be interpreted in rather unfortunate ways.
>>
>>45102418
Part of why I'd like to see more.

I mean, there's not really anything the Tau can do to detect that stuff. All of a sudden having some kind of armed uprising on their hands would be an interesting twist on how they usually operate.
>>
>>45103328
I know Shapers could tell chaos genes from bad ones. I think taste was mentioned, but I can't be assed to walk 30 feet and grab my codex.
>>
>>45087771
even then the sterilization thing was from the dawn of war expansion where the world they were fighting over was a former imperial world that turned to the tau empire and then when the imperials showed up bowed down and pled for forgiveness
the result is the same but the context is different, Tau dont sterilize human populations or any populations just because, but they might if they turn out to be completely fucking unreliable
>>
>>45101811
hey, that looks like kali.
saving this
>>
>>45087685
I was being taken on the ruse cruise for the first two sentences. then it got too easy. but hey, big thread, it worked.
>>
>>45100751
the fuck is that?
Is it a tyrinid thing?
something else?
chaos?
>>
>>45103454
Looks like some Nurgle shit to me.
>>
>>45103282
They can detect when ships turn out of the warp, the skim drivers try but they reemerge before fully diving into the warp, this breaches into reality can be detect by any imperial station, even chaos could detect them.

Also I'm interested to know when was it officially reinstated the skim drive, wich codex, expansion or book.
>>
>>45103541
>officially reinstated

It was never officially removed. A White dwarf article rather recently mentioned they still have it though.
>>
>>45103489
>>45103454
Enslavers, they aren't chaos related, parasitic psychic monsters.
>>
The Tau are communists

That's more reason than is needed
>>
>>45103541
The warp isn't nearly as reliable as you're making it out to be. Even if they were a perfect Radar like you were suggesting, Tau ships would be small infrequent blips compared to other vessels, let alone background noise.
>>
>>45087653
>they are totalitarian so how are they the ''good guys''?
How is totalitarianism bad?
>>
>>45103676
The warp isn't, the materium is, what the astropaths can detect are the anomalies on the materium.
>>
>>45103662
the little things in 40k are always so neat.
ok not always. but sometimes.
ok, rarely. but this is neat.
>>
New question: daot A.I. invades a tau world network, what happens?, we are talking of the "I hate all organic life forms "A.I.
>>
>>45103676
>Tau ships would be small infrequent blips compared to other vessels
Everyone in the setting who uses warp travel is capable of similar transit methods, and even if they weren't, we already know the navy can detect incoming tau ships
>>
File: 085.jpg (646 KB, 1086x1486) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
085.jpg
646 KB, 1086x1486
>>45103283
>>45103328
>>45103373
It didn't come up in the codex, but the Kroot were shown getting their first taste of Chaos in the 3rd edition WD story where the Tau killed Slaanesh: >>45101312. They happily ate mutated Chaos followers, then found out that was a really bad idea.

Later on, the Chapter Approved Kroot Mercenaries article included a bit of fluff where a Shaper was instinctively able to tell that they shouldn't eat Tyranids - pic related - though his warriors didn't notice it.
>>
>>45103791
This>>45103846
Don't glorify the tau that much, also using that weapon would be a death sentence to the tau, the imperium wouldn't tolerate that level of treath from the tau, since they are still small the imperium would rush to erase them.
>>
File: gammarayburst.jpg (290 KB, 560x724) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gammarayburst.jpg
290 KB, 560x724
>>45102001

You don't need FTL to do that. Just use the gravity of black hole, or an engine capable of reaching relativistic speeds. In a couple of years/decades, the weapon will reach their destination with no weapon capable of intercepting it.

Alternatively, you could generate a Gamma-ray burst with one of the suns blowing up. The deathly ray would travel at the speed of light and cook the enemy planet some years/decades/centuries later.
>>
>>45103828
SOMA
>>
>>45104089
The planets near the tau? Yes of course, truly vital worlds of the imperium? I don't think so.
>>
>>45104113

But Wau loves humanity, it wants to preserve it any cost.
>>
>>45103828

Software incompatibility.
>>
>>45104164
ok, Reverse SOMA then.
that game is what I wish upon the tau, them being killed by their fancy drone tech.
>"ooh, look at us ; we are so fancy and our AI is immune to warp fuckery"
>>
>>45104089
Are we reading the same setting?
>>
>>45093984
The Tau aren't exactly ignorant of chaos, they just have no idea how to deal with it or what causes it. They even explicitly mention it when speaking with a human in one of the books, calling it a 'psychic malady'.

The Tau even once held an imperial world which, without the black ships, became overfilled with psykers. Destroying the planets infrastructure and causing the Tau to cut their losses and flee with all their resources.
>>
>>45101132
Good story, I like the part where she loses her mind and starts worshiping a revived iron hands marine by offering him Tau drones to power his body.
>>
>>45103348
I need one of those pictures of two people in bed, one smoking a cigarette and the other on their side with their hands over their face, with the former being a genestealer and the latter an Ork.
>>
>>45104518
Well, she didn't really lose her mind. She just noted that it looked as if she was offering a sacrifice up to some metal god, and probably appreciated the irony that this went against the Greater Good.
>>
>>45101682
Inefficiency doesn't matter when you are many, many orders of magnitude larger. And the Imperium isn't really that inefficient except when it comes to tech development. The Ad-Mech, the primary producers of advanced goods are very efficient. The Administratum does a inhumanly good job considering the size of the empire it has to govern over (in real life the Imperium would have collapsed within a few centuries just given the difficulties governing it).

My point is that for the Tau to actually have a snowballs chance in hell of standing up to the Imperium they need to be larger (at least 1% the size of the imperium, preferably 5%), some sort of equalizing technology (what they have now isn't really enough), and a shit ton more subject races.
>>45104419
The thing is, that is every human world. Without knowing how to deal with pyskers, the Tau could never hold a human world without exterminating the population.

One thing I propose would be anti-warp technology that prevents ships from warping into the system their placed. A side effect would also be that it causes people with a psyker gene to die. Two birds with one stone really. It wouldn't stop Imperial invasions because the Imperial could warp in the equivalent of the Kuiper Belt but it would slow down the invasions.
>>
File: ork_life.jpg (65 KB, 894x894) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ork_life.jpg
65 KB, 894x894
I like the orks, because they're straight-forward while simultaneously being convoluted and ridiculous.
>>
>>45103672
CASTE
SYSTEM
>>
File: kyubey.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kyubey.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>45105145

Well, a star cluster can have from 10,000 to several million packed together. Typically these stars are young, probably the majority don't have many habitable planets yet. However, this is 40k, so it could be an artificial cluster made by the Old Ones. The Tau have excellent terraforming technology anyway.

The Tau have already found like at least 12 alien species in their territory: Demiurg, Galgs, Hrenian, Ji'atrix, Kroot, Mal'kor, Morralian, Nicassar, Ranghon, Tarellian, the extinct Poctroon, Nagi.

A ridiculous number of sentient species for such a small territory even if planets and life in the universe were common (maybe they are).
>>
>>45105352
And the imperium spams almost all the galaxy but the eye and most of the galactic north, that's a shitload of humans, I'm horrified at the number of humans that might live on the imperium, unless the had a cataclysmic event like the eldars it's really a long shot for the tau, and let's remember the imperium have caches of forbidden daot doomsday weapons just waiting sanction to be used.
>>
>>45105145
>Inefficiency doesn't matter
That was never a relevant point. The Tau have developed advanced tech, and outpaced the Imperium in several ways, in a very very short time span. Thus contributing to their ability push back the Impeirium, where other xenos empires were wipedout.

>And the Imperium isn't really that inefficient
Yes it is, it's literally the setting of the universe. The Imperium is the biggest dog there is but its in a slow downward spiral. They get messages asking for help decades too late, and send armies to Wars that have already been won or lost. Hell, because of the warp they've sent armies to wars that haven't even started yet.

>The Ad-Mech ... are very efficient
They jealously guard their secrets from everyone, even each other. They hinder innovation and progress, despite what good they do, they also fuck things up. In the campaign they literally just left the field of battle exposing the flanks of the IG, to the Tau's benefit.

>for the Tau to actually have a snowballs chance
Fun fact, the Tau are alive and well. The Imperium is getting butt fucked from every side. If the Imperium were able to put 100% of their effort against any one faction, they probably could get it done. But they can't and they NEVER will. They had their shot at the Tau, and once again they failed, and they fucking failed so badly they had to nuke the entire region of space to save face. The argument that the Imperium is just too big is Old As Fucking Balls. The Imperials failed again, just accept it alrady.

> anti-warp technology that prevents ships from warping into the system their placed. A side effect would also be that it causes people with a psyker gene to die
The Tau don't understand the warp, how the hell do you expect them to develop tech based on the warp? The Imperium has to use pseudo shit like the Emperiors Tarot Cards to discern shit, and you think the Tau are just gonna shit out some anti-warp gizmo?
>>
>>45105350
stalin caste
russian caste
gulag caste
>>
>>45105486
Keep reachin', bruh.
>>
File: Shadowsun's fleet.png (575 KB, 1324x395) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shadowsun's fleet.png
575 KB, 1324x395
>>45105484

The Tau know about psyker powers. They call it "Mind-Science". One of their subject races is a race of space-based nomadic bears made entirely of psykers. They usually complement Tau fleets. Kroots can become psykers too by just eating many psykers. And there are many other species in their Empire. If they can't use the Warp themselves, they can employ their subject races naturally attuned to the Warp.

On the other hand, there are sings that the Tau's resilience to the Warp or their near soullessness could be a trait that have been deliberately pursued by the Ethereal's breeding programs. The average Tau knows little about the Warp. The Ethereals often knows way more than they should.
>>
>>45105145
Without knowing how to deal with pyskers, the Tau could never hold a human world without exterminating the population.

The Tau would literally have no qualm with doing that. Also full scale daemon invasions typically require lots of blood letting, sacrifices, Chaos cults doing god knows what in the shadows, etc. I.e. it takes more then just one psyker's head exploding.

Your more likely to see some sort of hysteria in a certain part of the city or maybe even a whole city at a time, etc, and the Tau would simply send in the army, wipe everything out and replace everyone with their own citizens. Then blame the whole thing on some industrial accident.
>>
>>45105484
>The Tau have developed advanced tech, and outpaced the Imperium in several ways, in a very very short time span.
And even then during agrellan they had a shit load of problems dealing with the imperium, if it weren't for O'shova timely arrival they would have fallen, O'shaserra would be dead with all the rest of the tau on that planet

>They get messages asking for help decades too late, and send armies to Wars that have already been won or lost
This is due the current events that are fucking the warp, just like in the heresy when the warp went crazy due the galactic war and the sorceries unleashed.

>They jealously guard their secrets from everyone, even each other. They hinder innovation and progress, despite what good they do, they also fuck things up. In the campaign they literally just left the field of battle exposing the flanks of the IG, to the Tau's benefit.
I would give you this, mostly is right but in the end it depends on the magos leading the advance, you have also those terrible magos with centuries of expertise whom are responsible of terrible genocides amongst the xenos.

>Fun fact, the Tau are alive and well.
This is were all comes down to the only valid reason, plot armor, GW won't kill an existing army at this times, squats lost support and were erased from TT, but the imperium have destroyed advanced civilisations before, the difference between them and the tau is that the tau have an actual army on TT.
>>
>>45105581

The Imperium destroyed advanced civilizations when they were competent, had better tech (Volkite Weapons) and the Emperor was alive. The Imperium has been a shadow of its former glorious self for thousands of years, finally mortally wounded during the Age of Apostaty/Redemption.
>>
>>45105558
I know the Tau have psykers. They have no doubt come across a lot of warp tech, but they are still in a poor position to extrapolate that into something useful since the warp defies the laws of physics etc.

>deliberately pursued by the Ethereal's breeding programs
Never came across anything saying that Etherials might be responsible, source?

>The Ethereals often knows way more than they should.
Of course they do, as the leaders of the Tau they are privy to everything. Their akin to Cancer Man in the X-files, etc. They control all the information.
>>
>>45103862
I like that bit about Ork kroot a lot
>>
>>45105646
If we go by old canon the 13 crusade fails, the tyranids are pushed back, the orks rekt chaos and imperium because reasons, necrons accomplished nothing, the eldar lose eldrad and the DE fap in commorag, the imperium endures and licks his wounds.
>>
>>45105654

>Never came across anything saying that Etherials might be responsible, source?

Merely a conjeture based on how deliberate was their appearance, the use of breeding programs and the presence of synthetic proteins in their bodies:

>The Tau have not developed psychic abilities, possibly due to a chemical mixture in their brains that prevents access to the warp. Why they developed this is unknown, but it prevents the Tau Empire from being easily corrupted by the forces of Chaos. None of their units have psychic abilities.
>>
>>45105686

That's going to go the way of Storm of Chaos. GW has realized that antagonists are not threatening unless they accomplish something.
>>
>>45101183
>Don't tell the Iron Hands that though.
What? They want their noname chapter master dead too?
>>
>>45105581
>during agrellan they had a shit load of problems
No one said the Tau had an easy time of it. Irregardless, The Tau rely on tech, it's their strong point, and so far their Empire has withstood the Imperiums lashings.

>current events that are fucking the warp
It doesn't really matter what the excuse is, it happens, the Imperial bureaucracy is bloated and slow to respond for a number of reasons, the warp being on one of a million problems, end of story.

>depends on the magos
The Ad-mecha are only one example of problems in the Imperium. Corrupt planetary governors, Hive worlds rife with gangs and crime, Imperial Officers more concerned with their own standing then the wars at hand. The Tau would hardly have similar problems hampering their Empire. Certainly not to the same scale as the Imperium, thus why their the little guy doing so much better then expected.

>only valid reason, plot armor
There's the same lame excuse again. Despite being the most pampered faction under GW, anytime something goes wrong for the IMP's "PLOT ARMOR!".
>>
>>45104419

The best analogy is if someone is swearing at you in, I dunno, Swahili.

You don't speak Swahili, so you don't understand the language. You understand that he's cursing at you, but you can't actually TELL what he's saying. A native speaker would be like "What did you say about my mother, bitch-nigga?" and be enraged, but all you're hearing is the funny dancing man make mouth-sounds.

The Tau simply don't 'get it'.
>>
>>45087653
It's funny because I've never associated the Tau with Japan
>>
>>45105710
That's why I said old canon, if we took AoS as reference, Abaddon would siege Terra, the Emperor would resurrect, the golden throne would conect to the web way for a time, the eldar would support the humans because we don't like chaos, sudden betrayal, hell breaks lose, Belakor is felled and capture, the webway lost, Ghazkull attacks Armageddon, this brakes both chaos and imperium reinforcements Abaddon retreats but destroys the astronomicon, the necron rise, tyranids arrive, everything is devoured but Terra and some system survive because warp storms, the Emperor have to sit again but now he is conscious, ultramar is broken and something shits over the tau(probably necron, tyranids or orkz) they discover aun va is dead and the age of the warring states begin, then 5000 years later great crusade electric boogaloo start all over again, all while the chaos gods Laugh's as everything is the same but more noble bright (AoS).
>>
>>45105558

>Shadowsun brings 47 Mantas.

What a cheating whore.

>11 Nicassar (all psykers)/Demiurg warships

It seems that Shadowsun learned a lesson in Voltoris when it comes to psykers.
>>
File: eot-conclusion.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
eot-conclusion.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45105686
>the orks rekt chaos

That didn't happen unless you're thinking of Grimgor and Archaon in Fantasy. The Orks did, however, get Moredakka:

>Abaddon recruited massed warbands of Orks to act as mercenary auxilia to his Chaos Legions for the Thirteenth Crusade. Following up on terror raids and cunning feints by the Night Lords and Alpha Legion many of the Orks banded together into ever-growing tribes that declared themselves as part of the ‘Green Krusade’ (or Kroosade in some sources – Ork spelling is always a matter of conjecture) in imitation of the grand assault of Chaos. The unstoppable force of the Green Kroosade inundated the Scarus sector (Skar-Uz to the Orks), battering down Imperial defences with sheer doggedness and not a little help from Chaos Space Marines, particularly of the Night Lords and the Black Legion. Now the Orks rule Lethe Eleven and Mordax, along with most of Imbrium and Ulant. Gudrun and Nysa Stromolo stand on the brink of anarchy and the weapon forges of Mordax (rechristened Moredakka by the Orks) are infested with lootas of the Death Skull clan, a truly terrifying prospect to the devotees of the Machine God, who know full well the depths of blasphemy against the Omnissiah to which these barbaric xenos will sink.

Still canon as well.

And the Necrons supposedly destroyed a Blackstone Fortress, so even though they failed to take out the remaining one, that still would have been half their goal accomplished.
>>
>>45105807
>The Tau rely on tech, it's their strong point, and so far their Empire has withstood the Imperiums lashings.
Until now, it doesn't mean they'll hold for ever, taking the taunar for example, their best armor is still outclassed by the warlord titan of the imperium, and the hadn't deployed their full might.

>the Imperial bureaucracy is bloated and slow to respond for a number of reasons, the warp being on one of a million problems, end of story.
And even yet there is always an imperial victory or a retribution crusade, and each more prepared than the last.

>The Ad-mecha are only one example of problems in the Imperium. Corrupt planetary governors, Hive worlds rife with gangs and crime, Imperial Officers more concerned with their own standing then the wars at hand. The Tau would hardly have similar problems hampering their Empire. Certainly not to the same scale as the Imperium, thus why their the little guy doing so much better then expected.
And even then the mechanicum and all the imperial institutions have allowed galactic control for more than 10, 000 years, with no clear end to them, the situation is desperate? Of course, but it's not exaggeration to say that the imperium have the forces to oppose them.

>There's the same lame excuse again. Despite being the most pampered faction under GW, anytime something goes wrong for the IMP's "PLOT ARMOR!".
What other excuse can you give? How did O'shova make it on time when the tau are slow compared to the imperium?, the sudden survival of O'shaserra and O'shova when they were rekt and outclassed by the assassins? The original tau forces were fucked until the miraculous apparition of O'shova.
>>
>>45087653
>they really remind me of Japan - elegant, swift and deadly meanwhile Imperium is the West - brute force and dumb tactics
If Japan is so superior, then why did America ass rape them so bad with radiation that they try ape American culture like some kind of retarded, yet adorable monkey?
>>
>>45087653
The Tau do something that reminds me of how the Emperor was supposed to take over the world as of 3e or something.

But I never read those books so I ca n't be sure
>>
>>45105903
Derp you're right that was storm of chaos.
>>
The Zygos have fought off Imperial invasions of their homeworld for 500 years and they don't have an army on the tabletop. Tau are nothing special in their ability to resist Imperium, anyone crying Mary Sue on that basis is retarded or something.
>>
>>45091789
The Emperor was wrong. Mortals have no place in the Imperium, the Imperium should be ruled by a joint council of Space Marines, Inquisitor Lords, and Mechanicum Magi
>>
>>45088572
It's subtly happening. I remember back when vespids were introduced the fluff mentioned that vespid/tau negotiations were at a halt until the tau made a communication helmet for the Vespids, and that's about it.

Now it says
>However, after the Ethereal caste provided the Vespid leaders ith custom-made communication headsets, they became suddenly and completely compliant, calmly accepting the total annexation of their culture. Rumours have circulated ever since about the true function of these headsets.

There's other stuff. The Tau are slowly becoming more totalitarian and the Etherals are slowly becoming more corrupt.
>>
>>45106006
How long have the Tau been bothering the Imperium for again?
>>
>>45105484
>Tau developed advanced tech
Their tech isn't that much better than Imperial tech. In many ways, specifically psyker tech and shipbuilding, they're inferior.
>yes it is
No it isn't. You're mistaking fast acting for inefficiency. The Imperium is a slow but powerful machine that successfully organizes over a million worlds. Despite losing worlds daily, it continues to expand. This isn't just organizational, it's cultural. The Imperium is literally a society where almost all resources are put towards waging war and expanding. It's people are literally slaves most of the time and slavery is very efficient. Thanks to the Imperial faith, they're also mostly content slaves.
>admech aren't efficient
Oh yes they are faggot. If you knew anything about the Admech, you'd know they literally worship efficiency. They're almost living machines (in many cases much their population ARE living machine aka servitors). Just because they don't like sharing research doesn't mean they aren't producing things very efficiently by today's standards. Lol, you don't even know that the Admech does share tech, they just have to petition Mars which can take a LONG TIME. In the meanwhile, said Forge World will often try to copy the tech they desire.
>fun fact
Fuck off. This is fiction. 100 space marines conquer worlds. A chapter fucks up a craftworld. Just because their a bunch of shitty illogical poorly imagined fluff by writers who have no sense of scale and don't understand logistics doesn't mean that's literally how it is. Pretty much everything in 40k is up to interpretation and GW has said very little to suggest otherwise.
>anti-warp tech
Because it's a big fucking logic hole you dunce! The Tau can't hold a world with psykers without some way of dealing with them. The fluff does not address this. The Tau also need better technology.
>>
To be honest, instead of the Imperium, Chaos should wipe out the Tau. The reaction of the weebs getting their favorite mecha faction getting squatted would be hilarious, as would Slaaneshis raping their way across the Cepts while everybody else succumbs to Nurgle's Rot.
>>
>>45087969
>I'm shocked Farsight and Shadowsun didn't have a poorly written and anatomically improbable sex scene before the final battle.
They actually may have done, it was just edited out.
>>
>>45106121
Pretty the book mentions them sleeping together~
>>
File: 588.jpg (63 KB, 368x437) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
588.jpg
63 KB, 368x437
>>45106089

Both Tau tech and efficiency is recognized by the more intelligent Imperials. It's mostly fanwank that tries to make them insignificant and results in whining about how they are not destroyed yet.
>>
>>45105934
> outclassed by the warlord titan
In the 1st crusade against the Tau, arial assets like the Manta were used to counter Titan's. In the Taros Campaign, flyers were adapted/developed specifically to counter titans. Now there's the stormsurge and ghostkeel, It doesn't really matter what the Imperial's (or other xenos army) have, the Tau's whole thme is that they just develop new weapons to counter it. Dropping a warlord titan on a world is not the auto-win you think it is. And again, the Imperium can't and never will be able to deploy their full might against anyone.

> And even yet there is always...retribution crusade
Their to slow, their too late, and no their not always sent out. Worlds get written of if it's not worth the effort. Also in the Tau's case that retribution crusade failed.

>have allowed galactic control for more than 10, 000 years
No one's questioning the Imperiums control. The original question was how was this small empire not wiped out yet? Because the Imperium is slow and inefficient as fuck.

>How did O'shova make it on time when the tau are slow compared to the imperium
1st blame GWs poor comprehension of logistics of space campaigns, 2nd the whole "slow ships" is fucking old fluff, from the very 1st fucking tau codex. GW don't talk about that shit anymore either because they don't have the writing talent to do it, or people kept poking holes in their science. But if you want to be a real Nazi about the science please do go ahead and calculate how long it would have taken the message to get to O'shova, and how long it would have taken his fleets to travel there?
>>
>>45101212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiUfnIzbVM
>>
>>45105646
>The Imperium destroyed advanced civilizations when they were competent, had better tech (Volkite Weapons) and the Emperor was alive.
solar macharius exists

The reason why the tau stick around is because they have an army book and people like them. Pretty simple.
>>
>>45105934
>the sudden survival of O'shaserra and O'shova when they were rekt and outclassed by the assassins
Oh I'm sorry, did the Imperials auto-win button malfunction? So I'm supposed to believe that every time an assassin is sent out the Imperils are supposed to always win? and you don't see the hypocrisy in that?

So the Tau spent months if preparing for a siege, they developed and deployed new weapons of war, their generals out maneuvered their opponents. Mind you they still took massive casualties, and I'm supposed to be cool with "The Imperials win b/c super ninjas!".

>The original tau forces were fucked until the miraculous apparition of O'shova.
Right, arriving in the nick of time is a Tau exclusive thing. That never happend anywhere else...
>>
>>45106087

The Damocles Crusade was launched less than 300 years ago. But since the Zygos haven't gone anywhere after 500 years with a much smaller territory I wouldn't hold my breath for Tau to get overrun.
>>
I play tau beacuse I like mecha, simple as that.

It was actually a difficult choice between them and knights from chinaman, but pic related decided for me.

Also nobody here wants to play battletech :C
>>
>>45105710
>GW has realized that antagonists are not threatening unless they win with no input on the side of the players*
Also fuck that mindset. It's why I could never get invested in Warmachine, and seeing it creep into Warhammer has been fucking depressing.
>>
>>45106226
Get some heavy gear starter sets when they eventually release them in plastic, anon. It's a simple enough game that you should be able to lure some people into it once a force is easy to get a hole of.
>>
>>45105934

Based on the events in Mont'ka, The Imperium can't afford to send a single Titan Legion anymore. More titanic wars are being waged elsewhere and the Tau are becoming better at destroying big walkers that are build over a period of 150 years.
>>
>>45105807
But the Tau are plot armor - the faction.
>hurr they won because muh tactics
>also everyone was completely retarded except for Tau because muh tactics
>even if they lose it's actually a stalemate convienent for them, a just as planned sacrifice so they can do stuff elsewhere or they use muh tactics in the second round and destroy the opponent
Tau are the weeb faction, not only because their appearance is weeb as fuck, but because their fluff is like something from animes.
>>
>>45106240
Too curvy for my tastes

Here's to hoping WDM releases these in 28mm

Metal Bawkses~
>>
>>45106240
Oddly enough though, my flgs has an infinity group, so calling btech too complicated is really strange.

Sorry for doublepost
>>
>>45102255
Everyone doing something wrong has stopped existing, so his crime has never existed either.
>Low crime.
>>
>>45106169
>unjustified fanwank so the weebs can cirlejerk to it
Nothing the Tau do stands out
>smallest faction by far
>technology is on par with Imperium and Orks, subpar to Necrons and Eldar
>can capture human planets, but so do everyone else except for Eldar and Deldar. Chaos and Tyranids do it way more efficiently
They have no victory condition, their tech can't advance fast enough when everyone else is on the verge of their victory condition and even if it could, they lack any kind of force projection.
>>
>>45106325

It's from a codex, therefore not fanwank.

Smart imperials acknowledge the potential of the Tau, and so do Eldar. Eldrad in fact considers Tau potentially a superior species to his own.

>I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls.
>>
>>45097720
That would be actually fun.
>>
>>45106325
Here we go again.

They have a win condition. It's yo survive long enough. If they do that. they will become unstoppable as they soar across the galaxyy.

>inb4 End Times

We have seen that WHFB End Times so we knpw for sure that there are factions that will survive the apocalypse and build a utopia. Lijkewise, the Tau might survive the 40K End Times and ibuild a utopia by picking the pieces of the galaxy.

>Nothing the Tau do stands out

A dynamic and innovated race that given time will surpass even the Eldar.

You saying they can't is just your opinion and not a fact unless you have the script of the End Times in your folder.
>>
File: 16.jpg (712 KB, 1146x1619) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
16.jpg
712 KB, 1146x1619
>>45106056
The mind control rumours were part of Vespid fluff from the beginning. Probably the only thing about Vespids that actually made any kind of an impression on people.

>Uniquely at the time of their integration, the Vespids welcomed their place within the Tau empire. They bowed to the pre-eminence of the Ethereals completely and without debate. It has been whispered that this acceptance is linked to the fact that all of the race’s leaders wear the interface helmets given to them by the Tau, but no evidence of this claim has proved forthcoming.

GW have made an effort to more obviously (or obviously-subtly) grimdark the Tau up since at least 4th edition - going from "willing to accept treaties of neutrality with races that don't want to join" to "join or die, no exceptions" - but in typical 40k fashion, it's in a "this is how it's always been" way. Or at least I've never seen any evidence that it's an actual in-universe progression rather than just a RL one.
>>
>>45105807
>There's the same lame excuse again. Despite being the most pampered faction under GW, anytime something goes wrong for the IMP's "PLOT ARMOR!".

But that's what it comes down to.
Dem mechas sell well, so let's ignore all allied races for more mecha and give the mecha-faction victories that only a 12 year old could come up with to make them uber-speshul.
>>
>>45106089
>Their tech isn't that much better than Imperial tech.
No one said it was, its advanced enough to give the Imperials trouble, that's all.
>You're mistaking fast acting for inefficiency.
No, it's a fact of life for the Imperium, despite their hard work, despite their best intentions, despite all their sacrifice, life sucks and the galaxy is going to hell. The golden age of the Imperium has gone past thanks to the traitor legoins.
>If you knew anything about the Admech, you'd know they literally worship efficiency
You dense motherfucker, no one's talking about production efficiency, the issue is that a monkey wrench gets thrown into the plans of the Imperiam all the time. The Ad-mecha and IG were attacking the Tau, side by side, then out of no where the Ad-mecha just teleported out of the battle. They stole what they wanted to and diden't give 2 shits about how they just boned their own ally and basically killed the crusades momentum.

>Fuck off. This is fiction. 100 space marines conquer worlds. A chapter fucks up a craftworld.
So the Imperials can do the plot armor thing, but now one else is allowed too?

>The Tau can't hold a world with psykers without some way of dealing with them.
They can just exterminate them, it's been said before, this isn't exactly an moral delema for the Tau.

>>45106269
Remember when the Grey Knights bathed in the blood of SoB so they could fight daemons? Remember how their Chapter master carved his name into the beating heart of a Daemon Primarch? Their was that time the Blood Angels and Necrons became bro's too. There' was Calgar upcutting a Avatar to death. Legion of the Damned who "mysteriously" appear at the right time to save someone's ass then disappear.

GW is full of shit writing you "but muh grimdarks" fag.
>>
>>45106214
>Oh I'm sorry, did the Imperials auto-win button malfunction?
It hasn't been working since Great Crusade
>>
Tau are the most malevolent and inherently "evil" faction in 40k prove me wrong.
>>
>>45106445
Prove yourself right, faggot.
>>
>>45106285
>Too curvy for my tastes
The northerners are pretty boxy, but I guess it's not for everyone.
>>
>>45106445
Objectively false.

The Tau go out their way to protect their allies from harm. Also do whtever it takes to lessen the deaths on their side and the other side. They are the only faction that goes after their generals for warcrimes.

Also factually it's incorrect. Illic Nightspear aka the Savior Messiah aka The Last Hope of the Eldar aka That Sexy Hunk Of A Space Elf says that the great evils of the galaxy pales in comparison to the soulless evil of the Necrontyr.
>>
File: gallery-image004.jpg (23 KB, 286x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gallery-image004.jpg
23 KB, 286x500
>>45106445
They've stolen the Dark Eldar's shtick now? Fucking marysue weebshit cuckfaggots etc.
>>
File: Illic.jpg (46 KB, 432x310) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Illic.jpg
46 KB, 432x310
>>45106496
Dark Eldar? Most evil?

Oh please.

>Illic accepted this, for this drove him too. He knew, perhaps better than any other eldar alive, the threat posed by the souldark to his people. The mon-keigh, the Lost Kin, She-Who-Thirsts, all these foes paled before the soulless evil of the necrons.

Dark Eldar are evil mostly because of the thirst and their upbringing. They don't know any better, they are not inherently evil. They can be redeemed.

The Necrons do it for free. They are irremediably evil and they want you off their lawn.
>>
>>45106389

Would the Vespid be fixed if their Neutron weapons and melee attacks caused poison? I think their would fit well as Monster Hunters.
>>
>>45106343
It's basically fanwank. Tau are greatest ever because GW knows weebs will circlejerk them to eternity, even though Tau aren't shit.

>>45106373
Ok lets say that the Imperium fails to master their evolution, Ghaz somehow fucks up the greatest Ork WAAAAGH ever, Ynnead turns out to be a complete failure and the Necrons are destroyed before all of them raise up. That still leaves Chaos, who only have to kill the Emperor to destroy reality and Tyranids, who only have to wait for the main fleet to arrive. Tau can't beat that.

>>45106445
This. Tau have no reason to be conquering everyone. Except if you count that they think themselves above everyone else and as such must bring enlightement to other races.

>>45106492
>>45106527
Dark Eldar are evil because that is literally the only way they can survive. Necrons are evil because they just want their bodies back. So they at least have some reasons to be massive cunts. Tau have no reason for conquering, subjugating and exterminating anyone, except their greed.
>>
>>45106606

By that token Marines are actually shit, but GW writes they aren't so smurfwankers get their rocks off.

But really you're just in denial about the fact that Tau are considered an advanced faction and a serious threat to the Imperium in setting.
>>
>>45106529
Ap2 Neutron blasters, poisoned in melee, maybe banshee scream-lite?

>>45106485
Its more a few things, I mostly like some of the range, but they kinda look like the sd chibi gundams. I also hate the huge feet. I may end up getting some if I can find them for cheap. I' take a look through their entire range though.

Their spaceships look alright
>>
>>45106606
I wouldn't call Necrons evil (except Illuminor Szeras and the Maynarkh Dynasty). But they are ridiculously jerkass and eccentric.
>>
>>45106606
>Ok lets say that the Imperium fails to master their evolution, Ghaz somehow fucks up the greatest Ork WAAAAGH ever, Ynnead turns out to be a complete failure and the Necrons are destroyed before all of them raise up. That still leaves Chaos, who only have to kill the Emperor to destroy reality and Tyranids, who only have to wait for the main fleet to arrive. Tau can't beat that.

The Tyranids can be driven back or delayed until the Tau and surviving build their utopia.

>This. Tau have no reason to be conquering everyone. Except if you count that they think themselves above everyone else and as such must bring enlightement to other races.

They have the same reason of Imperium, , Necrons, and any other race that wants to expand. You are bullshiting like crazy.

>Tau have no reason for conquering, subjugating and exterminating anyone, except their greed.

The Tau need to expand to fuel their empire and secure the future of their race. Their expansions went to overdrive once they realized that the galaxy is a dangerous place and they need manpower and resources to protect themselves and their destiny.

The Necron want to reclaim their galaxy from the younger races that took it from them while they slept.

The Imperium orders wars of expansion and extermination to secure their crumbling tyranny over the galaxy.

Each one of them have reason to wage war, and pretending that the Tau reason is the most evil is moronic to the extreme.

> Necrons are evil because they just want their bodies back.

Necrons are evil because they are a remorseless warlike race who elevated hubris and arrogance to unseen heights.
>>
File: gallery-image011.jpg (77 KB, 674x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gallery-image011.jpg
77 KB, 674x500
>>45106606
>Dark Eldar are evil because that is literally the only way they can survive.

It's not, they just don't go with the other ways because they're boring.

>Necrons are evil because they just want their bodies back. So they at least have some reasons to be massive cunts. Tau have no reason for conquering, subjugating and exterminating anyone, except their greed.

Many Necron leaders want to return to flesh, but the driving motivation behind the race as a whole is to conquer, subjugate and exterminate the lesser races just as they did in the good old days so they can have their empire back and dickwave about how great they are.
>>
>>45106211
>The reason why the tau stick around is because they have an army book and people like them. Pretty simple.
Same could be said for literally every faction of the game. If for any crazy reason the poster boy space marines would stop selling and would be seen as having net negative impact on the product they would write them out with no problem.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (196 KB, 780x780) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40keks.jpg
196 KB, 780x780
>>45087653

>They are Imperium that doesn't use skull symbols and treats other races as second class citizens
>>
>>45105216
Same here anon, same here.

Though I like the Ad-Mech too since they've got similar elements for different reasons.
>>
>>45097410
we need roboutte to get off his ass and fix this shit
>>
>>45100808
Tau have a futuristic east Asian aesthetic philosophy and culture
The empire is like Britain with its policies regarding other races and how it fights
>>
>>45105484

AdMech are efficient. The issue is that mankind does no longer control it's own technology, as they hit their peak it technological advancement thousands of years ago and multiple catastrophic events have reduced that knowledge significantly. Since humanity's tech used to be fucking scary, it makes sense to not test what happens by pushing this one button.

It's like Romans found a dormant nuclear plant during their conquests and knew what it was capable of but didn't know details behind its functions.
>>
>>45091877
You mean char aznable
>>
>>45107915
Yep. He is this.

But then who's Amuro?
>>
>>45107880
>AdMech are efficient.

They are not.

Their codexes says they are not.
>>
>>45107999
Shadowsun.
>>
>>45108214
Commander Tsundere? She doesn't have anything that links to Amuro sans tactical expertise.
>>
>>45108307

Uh...A white mobile suit?

But yeah, it's hardly a perfect parallel. Especially since the Char in this instance is straightforwardly heroic, while Char is kind of a backstabbing cockbite who isn't really good in a fight.
>>
>>45108326
Wasn't Char their ace?
>>
>>45101632

The overriding problem with the Newcrons is that the Oldcrons were inherently frightening. Like, you never actually fought their army. You just fought a small group that happened to be in the way, and they were enough to take on an army by themselves.

Even if the Necrons lost, the survivors - fluff-wise - are like: "Oh fuck me, what were those things? What the actual fuck was that?" with the implication that the genuinely horrifying creations had yet to be roused from slumber.

It's like "Thank the Emperor, the other machines are still asleep! Their scouts killed 70% of us. Collapse the goddamn stasis vault, purge all mention of this from archives, and make sure no soul comes near this place again, ever."
>>
>>45108326
The original Gundam was mostly white, while the Nu Gundam was the whitest, so yeah, you have a point.

And yes, Farsight, although being a 40K version of Char, is actually heroic and everything he did was for his race. Also his Enclaves actually are closest to democratic and not controlled by Ethereals.

Original Char...started out backstabbing, then got better as Quattro, then returned to being Char. He's hard to pinpoint who he is now.
>>
>>45108354

Zeon has a lot of aces. Char was just especially well-placed, and iconic. Other people have equaled or surpassed his killcount. It's just that Char is especially famous.

He's not even a very powerful Newtype.
>>
just to put things in perspective ill let you all think about something. Your average veteran space marine has participated in the conquering of more worlds than the ENTIRETY OF THE TAU EMPIRE THROUGHOUT ALL OF ITS HISTORY.
>>
>>45108475
How many is that?
Is it fair to focus on just veterans, and not include the mortality rate of those who wash out on the first or second planet?

How many planets do they need to attack before they get veteran status?
>>
>>45108025
its because of the ritual tech worship, that really slows things down
>>
>>45108475
Since we are shitposting now I'll let you all think about something. Your single average veteran space marine has failed and lost more battles than the ENTIRETY OF THE TAU EMPIRE THROUGHOUT ALL OF ITS HISTORY.
Stay mad gue'la.
>>
>>45087653
Because 40k isn't a liberal hug box you huge faggot
>>
>>45108540
The average veteran Astartes is still far better soldier in every way than virtually any Tau save for a few, very rare instances, though. That's not even a matter of a win/loss ratio or anything, Space Marines are just laughably better than Tau soldiers, who basically use technology (quite rightly) as a massive crutch.
>>
>>45107915
>>45107999
>>45108307
>>45108326
>>45108394
>>45108398
And this is another reason why people hate Tau, their cancerous fanbase
>inb4 it's totally the Eldar and Imperium who are the weaboo factions
>>
>>45108615
How can the Imperials be weaboo?

I can understand Eldar and Tau, but the only Asian thing I can think about are the White Scars and their successors and even then they are all but weaboo.

Emperor's Shadows too are all but weaboo despite the fact that they are Japanese Iron Hands successors.
>>
>>45108540
The tau are still as insignificant as they were five thousand years ago in their own history.

Stay mad, weeb shit.
>>
>>45105903
I've been looking for a copy of the end results for ages, thanks anon!

>start reading
>St. Josmane's Hope
>why does that sound familiar if it got Exterminatus'd?
>...
>pull out Skitarii codex
>"Forge World Agripinaa, the main supplier of Cadia, experienced a swell in troops and servitors following the destruction of the nearby St. Josane's Hope"
>"Although "officially" there was no evacuation of prisoners before the Exterminatus, some believe that they were re-purposed by Agripinaa for their Skitarii legion"

oh_you_crazy_cyborgs.pict
>>
>>45108612
>space marines
>not using technology (quite rightly) as a massive crutch
Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 37
Thread DB ID: 477843



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.