[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of mechanics do you want to see in Shadows over Innistrad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 29

File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
What type of mechanics do you want to see in Shadows over Innistrad /tg/?
What reprints do you want to see?
What powerlevel of a set are you hoping for?
>>
M A D N E S S
A
D
N
E
S
S
>>
>>45087003
Threshold
Madness
DFC
Some stupid thing that sucks in every format
>>
>>45087003
reprint delver

fuck standard players
>>
>>45087453
A Delver + storm chaser deck would be fun, and inexpensive especially in standard
>>
>>45087003
DFC
Transfigure
maybe some Madness

Reprint Delver for power, Reckless Waif for limited, Tragic Slip and Ludevic's Abomination for fun.

Legendary Ludevic would also be great.
>>
>>45087003
>What powerlevel of a set are you hoping for?

I want to be able to drop a swamp turn one, tap it to fuel a 1 cost black instant, pay 10 life, and deal 20 damage to target opponent.

If this isn't allowed, I will bitch for 3 solid months about how magic is creatures:the tappening and back in my day playing magic took skill.
>>
>>45087003
Really knowing nothing of the set I can say the following abput it with the most confidence.

MAGIC IS DEAD!
>>
>>45087003
I expect some new shit +1/+1 mechanic because casuals love it
>>
>>45087003
Pls let there be a legendary werewolf
>>
>>45088696
Only if there is a legendary collar, the symbol of avacyn's church, which there is nothing a werewolf hates more than

Also I want to see a creature with "Protection from being-in-the-way-of-a-millennia-old-vampire"
>>
>>45087003
>What type of mechanics do you want to see in Shadows over Innistrad /tg/?
Something that's less boring than "lol +1/+1 counters on shit". Hell, bring back wither or persist,

>What reprints do you want to see?
Nighthawk, Pillar of flame, creatures that don't rely on batshit crazy ETB effects (snapcaster+resto was bad enough, they can't allow snapcaster+eldrazi displacer)

Close to old Innistrad. I want actual control decks to be viable, I want janky combo-lite decks to be viable, I want aggro to be viable, I want memerange to be decent enough to try if you're okay going 4 color and risk losing to your manabase.

I'm also smart enough to know we'll see none of those. We'll get undying, Support will become evergreen, and the best reprint we get is thragtusk
>>
>>45087003
One of the following WILL be true:

There will be a 'rebalanced' Delver that costs 2U and enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter if there are three or more instant/sorcery cards in your graveyard.

There will be a 'fixed' Faithless Looting that costs 1R and is discard before draw as Maro intended. If flashback returns this set, the flashback cost will be 4RR.

Werewolves will return with a new mechanic, Lycanthropy X (At the beginning of each player's upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, put X +1/+1 counters on this creature. Whenever you cast a noncreature, nonplaneswalker spell, remove all +1/+1 counters from this creature.)

The returning mechanic will be Scavenge, and it will be the main graveyard interaction mechanic this set.
>>
>>45088820
Jesus fuck no. No.no.no.
>>
Double sided cards will come back with all new triggers.
>>
>>45088820
>new faithless looting doesn't even give anything a +1/+1 counter

At least try to be convincing
>>
>>45088820
The first three are unadulterated bullshit. The fourth I can actually see happening.
>>
>>45088905
as much as I like the idea, it's not gonna happen. It's prohibitively expensive and Wizards has lost too much money recently - they won't get the sign-off from hasbro to underwrite another massive spend like that.
>>
>>45087003
I'd like unearth to come back. I feel there's still cool stuff to do with it, especially if they extend it to white and green as well.
>>
>>45087064
Madness is a cool mechanic, can't go around having that in new Magic sets
>>
>>45087003
Moonlit Lands introduced

Werewolves can only be played with Moonlit mana

Also Transcolour cards that might cost R to play but identify as Green permanents
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79KB, 750x709px
>The Eldrazi are all over Innistrad and 50% of the cards are devoid and Eldrazi related
>New mechanics involve +1/+1 counters
>No reprints
>>
>>45087003

I'm expecting a rework of threshold based on that one card from cursed vs blessed, which will be nice.

I'd like to see Madness make a comeback, and honestly I wouldn't mind them doing soulbond again, it's a fun bit of design space. Would be very surprised if they don't have DFC again.

I'd like to see more angel and human tribal support, some legendary werewolves, and a return of the curse subtheme.

Reprints include a variation on Wayward Angel for the "corruption" element, most of the curses, Victim Of The Night.

Hoping for roughly the same level as Innistrad, which was strong but not Mirrodin level strong.
>>
I want Richard Garfield on the design team. He will be able to tell every to shut the fuck up, and we'll get a good limited experience out of it like the first Innistrad. Reprint Cavern of Souls and Liliana of the Veil too for shits. Also the "buddy land" cycle. Of course Wizards would never do this.

A man can dream.
>>
>>45089001
Since they printed enemy check lands in ISD maybe they're print enemy tangolands in SOI
>>
>>45089071
This and scavenge are all that can be expected.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 261x192px
>>45089071
This and scavenge are all that can be expected.
>mfw no flashback
>>
>>45088997
>I'm expecting a rework of threshold based on that one card from cursed vs blessed, which will be nice.
I noticed that on the card. It definitely looks like an ability word like Threshold. I just hope it's used for something better than that card.

>I'd like to see Madness make a comeback, and honestly I wouldn't mind them doing soulbond again, it's a fun bit of design space. Would be very surprised if they don't have DFC again.
Madness and DFC yes, but I doubt we'll see Soulbond. It doesn't really fit with the horror theme of Innistrad. And SOI looks like Innistrad's going to straight to hell.

>I'd like to see more angel and human tribal support, some legendary werewolves, and a return of the curse subtheme.
I doubt the Angel tribal will come up. Maybe Human tribal. The rest, yes.

>Reprints include a variation on Wayward Angel for the "corruption" element, most of the curses, Victim Of The Night.
Ooh, corruption elements would be excellent.

Personally, I'd like to see some cool Horror creatures, maybe Horror tribal. That is if the MTG Salvation synopsis for the set was being literal when it says "nameless horrors lurk in the shadows."
>>
>>45088950
>It's prohibitively expensive

...No it isn't. It isn't feasible to only have one or two DFCs in a set, but there's no issue if they include enough to make up a full printing sheet.
>>
It doesn't matter what we want, what we are going to get
>something something 1/1 counters
>>
I can't wait for people to get all excited at the prospect of a blood moon reprint, only to have their hopes crushed when they instead print a really shitty nonbasic hate card with moon in the name.
>>
>>45089294
Why are people bitching so much about +1/+1 counters?
>>
A werewolf who makes other creatures werewolves ala the Kamigawa Samurai trainer.
>>
>>45089332
Because badwrongfun.
>>
>>45089332
we want -1/-1 counters dammit
>>
>>45089252

I'm thinking we're going to have a new "Monster" tribe on Innistrad.

If it's super-predictable, it'll be Eldrazi.

If it's smart and doesn't overplay that hand, might be Ashiok bringing Nightmares to the table.

If Ashiok's not around, then yeah, I'd expect Horrors to be added to the mix, although they've always had a little overlap with Demons.

>>45089332

Mostly just that there's been a +1/+1 counter mechanic in every set since Scars, iirc.
>>
>>45089332

They've been a major component of recent previous sets. I don't mind them myself.
>>
>>45089332
because lately it seems like instead of interesting mechanics they just keep putting out variations of putting +1/+1 counters on creatures. That and there hasn't been a -1/-1 block since scars, and it feels overdue.
>>
>>45089349
>If it's smart and doesn't overplay that hand, might be Ashiok bringing Nightmares to the table.
please Ashiok 2.0 modern good
>>
>>45089349
I actually think Ashiok is likely to show up. I'm willing to bet money it won't be eldrazi, though. There will probably be some synergy with colorless cards, but I don't see them using Eldrazi for two straight blocks.
>>
>>45089399

It makes sense. Ashiok is meant to be Jace's evil counterpart, iirc, so this could be an opportunity for the two of them to meet and throw down.

Which leads me to wonder if ALL of the Gatewatch are going to get evil opposite numbers as we go.
>>
>>45089399
I dunno, they never did find Emrakul. I just want to see Sorin again.
>>
>>45088950
MaRo has also said that he doesnt like flip cards and that their return would be "unlikely"
>>
>>45087003
Madness, Threshold,
Snapcaster at rare, LotV, Damnation at mythic, really any decent reprints on cards whose prices have gone completely out of control. I don't expect it, but I want to see if they can do it.
Roughly original Innistrad.

>What type of mechanics do you expect
Scavenge, more +1/+1 shit
>What reprints do you expect
Smite the Monstrous, new versions of the Powerpuffs with boring, conditional abilities that are a shadow of their former awesomeness, an Avacyn built as a shitty and highly conditional Control "finisher" that can't even properly protect itself, no "money" reprints
>What powerlevel of a set are you expecting
Complete crap with a few standouts that dominate Standard and may trickle down to the fringes of Modern if there's a deck that wants them
>>
>>45089427
>Which leads me to wonder if ALL of the Gatewatch are going to get evil opposite numbers as we go.
They'll probably just set up existing walkers as antagonists. Let's see, we have...
>Ashiok
>Ob Nixilis
>Tezzeret
>Tibalt
>Vraska
Plus a few other walkers who haven't been in the game proper yet, like Ramaz and some other guys Jace used to hang out with. And, of course, Bolas. Who will probably make a Psycho Rangers version of the Gatewatch soon enough. Probably revive the Infinite Consortium.

Thinking on it some more, we do have a few wildcards
>Garruk
>Liliana
>Ral Zarek

>>45089502
I hope we see them again. And he did note that they were actually pretty popular with fans.
>>
What type of mechanics do you want to see in Shadows over Innistrad /tg/?

Graveyard and Discard (i.e. "Black") mechanics. Madness, Threshold, Flashback, hell I'll even take Scavenge and Hellbent.

What reprints do you want to see?

Blood Moon, Path to Exile, Tarmogoyf, Remand, Kitchen Finks, Thoughtseize.

What powerlevel of a set are you hoping for?

I've been waiting for a set that would return to Time Spiral power levels.
>>
>>45089733
>Blood Moon
Too good for Standard.
>Path to Exile
Maro is the record stating he wants to remove Swords/Path effects from White's slice of the color pie and make them Blue.
>Goyf
Too good for Standard.
>Remand
Too good for Standard.
>Thoughtseize
Supposedly "ruined" the last Standard it was in.
>>
Exile recursion
>>
>>45089818
>Maro is the record stating he wants to remove Swords/Path effects from White's slice of the color pie
Show me evidence. I'd try and find it myself but I'm too scared of what I might find. If you don't provide a source I can at least continue to lie to myself and go on believing MaRo isn't THAT horrid.
>>
>>45089818

>And make them blue

Wasn't one of the major points of blue's color pie that it gets counters and bounce and pongify because IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD AT ACTUALLY REMOVING THINGS?

If it gets efficient creature kill that's going to make permission control pretty miserable in any standard that even thinks about giving that decktype anything.
>>
>>45089818
>Maro is the record stating he wants to remove Swords/Path effects from White's slice of the color pie and make them Blue.
[citation needed]
The last time someone made a claim like this, it was to say that Maro was taking tutors from Black and giving them to Blue. So I checked, and one of the most recent posts he had made then was that tutors are definitely Black.
>>
File: 1451256891810.png (64KB, 1739x773px) Image search: [Google]
1451256891810.png
64KB, 1739x773px
>>45089888
I screwed up, he wants Path and Swords to be Black.
>>
File: 1409501232310.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1409501232310.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>45087003

A high number of flavourful and mechanically interesting limited playables.
I'd be super chuffed for madness to return, too.

>>45087827
This to happen for real. Also, faggots who evaluate the set based on the expected value of booster boxes.
>Le set is bad because my hobby isn't generating profit!
>>
>>45089935
You're misinterpreting what he's saying here. He's saying that he wants to stop letting White just exile stuff without restrictions and move it to Black, which he specifies would only happen in certain sets anyway. He doesn't even specify the kind of tradeoff exile like Path and Swords here.
>>
>>45087003
dice rolling mechanics
>>
>>45089935
This ALMOST makes me want to sign up for a Tumblr account just to call bullshit on MaRo on a daily basis.

-x/-x is already black you fuckstick.
>>
I can fucking wait for KoT and FR to rotate out of Standard so that we stop seing 5/4 colors decks everywhere. That alone makes me hyped as fuck for SOI, no matter if the set is good or not.
>>
>Want:
Cabal therapy, enemy fetchlands, cards that have the potential to see play in older formats

>Expect
Any mechanic to be gimped to unplayability, fixed reprints which make fun cards boring, a 2/1 for 1w which says "can't" in its rules text, ciptapped duals, a bad griselbrand.

Frankly, I'm not going to be drafting sets that don't have cards that I want to play with. I'm still waiting on a set that's going to make me interested in drafting again.
>>
>>45090064
I'd be willing to place long odds on allied gainlands.
>>
>>45087827
Is this what people think players are complaining about? Go read some older cards and tell me that Sylvan library looks like it isn't fun to play with
>>
>Werewolf Banding: Like regular Banding, but only works between werewolves.

>Compounded Upkeep (X, Y): At the beginning of your turn, pay X, where X is Y times the last compounded upkeep you paid for this card.

>Not-Flying: This creature does not fly and cannot fly under any circumstances.

>Last Strike: This creature deals damage after all creatures blocking it.

>Snowy Artefact Fetchlands: Sacrifice this land to search for an snowy artefact basic land and put it in play.

>Half Scry: You may look at the back of the card on top of your library.
>>
>>45090046
Didn't they actually consider that? I believe it was a keyword called "Hedronize".

>>45090051
He gave a justification for it later, as he wants to cut down on White's completely unrestricted removal. Which does make sense for the color, as it's supposed to be about taxing and soft answers anyway. Until it has to resort to a boardwipe at least.
>>
>>45089935

It's more like a no to Angelic Edict and yes to Oblivion Strike.

Magic isn't dying and maro isn't that bad.
>>
>>45090088
gainlands aren't the reason we have 5c everywhere, fetchlands are. And they are rotating out.

Also makes delve and Jace way more difficult to use.

Also rotating out : Ugin and motherfucking Siege Rhino. I can't wait.
>>
>>45087064
This, it's perfect flavorwise, and Madness is dope
>>
i hope we get another jace card
>>
An enchantment for BBB that says if this is in play, you lose the game.

Dredge 7
>>
>>45090182
I kinda want to see Jace become a little unhinged, especially of Madness is present. Self-milling, graveyard-casting, etc.

>>45090160
>Ugin
I don't pay much attention to Standard, so what do people complain about with Ugin? Already heard everywhere about the Rhino, people won't shut up about it.
>>
I want to be able to play a real control deck again. When a win condition was decking with slow play and elixir of immortality.
>sphinxs rev
>syncopate
>elixir of immortality
>snapcaster mage
>doom blade
>mana leak
Etc
>>
>>45090247
Please, a real control deck is the original JTMS deck from standard. Your win con is cast Iona and attack 3 times. Or -12 with have
>>
>>45087003

Insanity counters.

Certain events will allow you to place insanity counters on enemy creatures, or activating an ability on your own creature might come at the cost of gaining an insanity counter.

Then, other cards have impact based on the presence or absence of insanity. Such as a creature who cannot be blocked by Insane creatures, or a creature that gains deathtouch as long as it is Insane, or a card that lets you gain control of all creatures with insanity counters on them until end of turn.
>>
>>45088981
The first one is a major yes. I haven't been following news, but I consider it as confirmed that Emrakul is on Innistrad
>>
>>45089962
>This to happen for real. Also, faggots who evaluate the set based on the expected value of booster boxes.
Good cards are expensive, the more good cards that are printed, the more valuable your box will be. I don't care about EV, I just want good cards.
>>
>>45090292
I'm pretty sure I've seen insanity counters a few times in the custom card threads.
>>
>>45090269
Yeah but will we ever see the power level of those two cards ever reprinted again uhhhhh no
>>
>>45090316
This. I don't want to open a box of Oath or Battle because none of the cards are that fun for me, or would even go in a deck if mine. At least opening Khans I could get fetchlands, which I would actually use.
>>
>>45090372
If they just let me play Dack I'll be happy
>>
flashback!
>>
>>45090410
If it weren't for the fact that it's flashback I would tell you to read the thread. But you still have to exile your post now.
>>
>>45090391
For real. Blue is the most nerfed color in standard right now. Silumgars scorn being the strongest counterspell, and dig through time the draw. Then there's memejace. OGW is trying to bring back UR but with shitty results.
>inb4 tappageddon
>>
>>45090134
You are a bad person.

>Half Scry
Okay, I chuckled.
>>
>>45090134
I kek'd
>>
>>45090220
Jace is part of the Origin Five now. He's pretty much confirmed to never go multicolor or go through meaningful character development from now or he'll stop being marketable.
>>
>>45090247
>Sphinx's revelation
>Plane with no sphinx
>>
>>45090472
My problem is that there aren't any spells that are fun to resolve.
>>
>>45090648
I hoped that the living guildpact thing meant they were finally going to leave Jace on fucking Ravnica and we'd get a new mono-U walker. Maybe Tamiyo or see what Tezz has been up to. Or (gasp) a new character.

But no. They will hold Jace in their arms and they will never let go.
>>
File: Jace Guild Arbiter.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jace Guild Arbiter.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>45090817
>I hoped that the living guildpact thing meant they were finally going to leave Jace on fucking Ravnica
You're not the only one.
>>
>>45087003
Expedition Tibalt.
>>
Delve
Storm
Surge
Prowess

I like how UR is playing right now.
>>
I just want it to make standard fun again man
>>
>>45090817
I had similar hopes. Not expectations, mind you. Just hopes.
>>
File: 95224.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
95224.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>45090220

Ugin can hose so many decks with his middle ability. If he gets out quickly (which there are Standard decks that can spit him out stupid fast) you get hosed.

Unless you run a Planeswalker kill card he can very well be a scoop condition.
>>
>>45090968

Also he works so well with Eldrazi decks and the stupid and frustrating garbage they can do.
>>
>>45090755
Griffins revelation* you canon cuck.
>inb4 mythical beasts can't be universal.
>see angels
>see wurms
>see dragons
>see demons
>>
>>45090968
Oh, another question: This isn't about Standard, but have any Devoid spells seen a noticeable amount of play against Iona.
>>
>>45091091
What devoid spell could even be useful against Iona?
>>
>>45090903
Standard hasn't been fun since Time Spiral rotated out.

All I want from SOI is another Modern-playable angel. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Just one card in a tribe that's a big deal on this plane. Knowing my luck the block will start with all the angels disappearing for no reason.
>>
>>45091148

I'm going to be really annoyed if after the angels finally go back to protecting Innistrad with their full power at the end of AVR, SOI immediately goes "PSYCH! No more angels!" to restore the state we entered Innistrad on last time.

Angels keeping the balance is how things are SUPPOSED to work on the plane. If you yank out that rug Humanity is fucked and the plane is just a more woodsy grixis with nothing living on it but demons, devils, and the undead. You can't have a world that is constantly in a state of apocalypse.
>>
>>45091118
Uh... Grip of Desolation. Huh, I thought there were more. Well, Oblivion Strike too now. Wow, I pay too much attention to Black. Well, they don't have Devoid, but Titan's Presence and Scour from Existence.
>>
>>45091225
I'm calling that it'll be BfZ block all over again, with even the "evil" characters banding together to fight off the big threat.
>>
>>45087003
I'm going to throw my vote behind Madness and Threshold as well.
I think Cycling would be fun.
>>
>>45087003
I want morph, gustcloack, and affinity to return
>>
>>45091225
>Angels keeping the balance is how things are SUPPOSED to work on the plane.
Maybe Sorin never planned on them working against Eldrazi?
>>
>>45091300

Still making a lot of assumptions that it's even gonna BE Eldrazi. That's pretty premature, I'd say.

My money's still on Ashiok.
>>
>>45091296
We just had morph and affinity is never coming back after warping a format as badly as it did.
>>
>>45091329

But we're both agreed on gustcloak right? shit needs to be relevant again.
>>
>>45091300
Eldrazi two blocks in a row would get on my tits even worse than a lack of angels.
>>45091296
Morph just came back, gustcloak would be fun for nostalgia value, and affinity would be fine if it were for ANYTHING but artifacts.

If I ever see the phrase "affinity for artifacts" in standard again I'll quit on the spot.
>>
>>45091366
I didn't know what it was until I looked it up just now, but it does seem really interesting.
>>
>>45091225
They'll probably do something like that because Innistrad was a pretty popular plane, so they'll want to return to it and still have it be "the gothic horror" plane.

Side note, I wish they'd flipped the story of Tarkir around so it had gone "dragon plane" --> "past dragon/wedge plane" --> "wedge plane". Now if we ever go back to Tarkir it'll be "the dragon plane".
>>
>>45091329
We might see Affinity again, just not on artifacts. The problem with Affinity was that it made spells free. Which is really fucking obvious in hindsight.
>>
>>45091399
>Now if we ever go back to Tarkir it'll be "the dragon plane".
At least it means we can go back. If it were the wedge plane, Wizards would never go there again without changing it. Tri-color doesn't have as much design space as Wizards originally thought.
>>
>>45091399

I'm still hoping the reason we go back there is for Revolution of Tarkir.

Humanoids rising up against the scalelords to finish what Yasova started centuries ago.
>>
M A D N E S S
A
D
N
E
S
S
>>
>>45087003
Snappy reprint
>>
>>45089347
Hell yes.
>>
I wouldn't mind Eldrazi on Innistrad, if it's done in a very very very subtle way instead of all out invasion.

Lovecraftian horror, anyone?
>>
>>45091260
If this happens I will collapse and die
>>
>>45091810
This sounds like what they're doing.

>Emrakul is the Titan of Corruption, the largest and most fearsome of the Eldrazi. She does not affect unliving matter - rocks, water, etc...but twists all things living, be it plants, animals, or sentient beings. She causes silent terror wherever she soars, embodying desolation, emotional and physical distance, the chill of the void, and the terror of being alone.

>The Emrakul lineage is characterized by fleshlike lattice structures, uneasy bilateral symmetry, and tentacles that end in knobby, vestigial digits. Looking like spongy, alien baleen, the lattice respires independent of the Eldrazi itself, supporting a host of unseen mite-creatures within. Some within this lineage, including Emrakul itself, float above the ground, using unknown powers to alter the surrounding gravity.
>>
>>45091840
Get your helium mask ready, anon.
>>
>>45091775
Expensive red snappy that doesn't have flash
>>
>>45091810

I'm honestly getting kinda sick of lovecraftian shit. It's starting to get oversaturated.
>>
>>45091941
Well, so are Zombie apocalypses, but I liked the stuff of that variety they did in Innistrad take 1
>>
>>45087003
Variations of Madness, Threshold, Undying, DFCs
Damnation, Snappy, Goyf maybe.
>Original Innistrad
>What type of mechanics do you expect
+1/+1 counters and other easy to understand bullshit that's neither creative nor has any real design space. And even then it won't be a usable mechanic either because Development sucks.
>What reprints do you expect
Nothing of value.
>What powerlevel of a set are you expecting
Between RtR and BFZ.

I want the set to be really good but the last 3 blocks have tempered my expectations.
>>
>>45090968
Fuck Ugin. I've been salty about the new Rotation rules for standard but now I'm really glad this set is nearly gone.
>>
>>45091329
>>45091378
You can have affinity for things other than artifacts. Affinity for Basic land types or creature types would be good, but probably not OP if printed on cards that don't have those types.

That said even of there is a lot of design space here you're right that Affinity is never coming back. WotC likes to play it safe.
>>
I'll never understand why so many people want Damnation reprinted. Black isn't exactly hurting for removal. I'd rather see a Wrath of God reprint. Or at least Day of Judgment.
>>
>>45092534
Because Damnation is a $60 card you fuckstick, where as Wrath of God is an $8 card and Day of Judgement is a $2 card.
>>
>>45092613
Whatever m8, I already got my playset
>>
>>45092254
Affinity for basic land types sounds broken, but for other creature types or something would be nice.

Like war machine artifacts with affinity for gnomes or something.
>>
>>45092534
I believe someone told me that Damnation is a wet dream for MBC due to really being the only boardwipe at that cost in that color.
>>
>>45092645
>I'll never understand why so many people want Damnation reprinted.
Then don't ask stupid fucking questions.
>>
>>45091810
I'd rather see some Horror tribal, than more eldrazi.
>>
>>45092671

Half the time Languish will hit most of the things Damnation does and nail some of the indestructible bastards to boot.

Still, it is admittedly hard to beat Damnation for clearing a swarm of fatties in black.
>>
A Blue Legendary Wizard Werewolf.

A Wizwolf if you will.
>>
Creatures
>horror tribal
>standard reprint of the twins
>legendary werewolf

Mechanics
>undying
>flashback
>storm
>>
>>45092796

See, you were on the right track until that last one.

They call how unlikely things are to ever see the light of day again the Storm Scale instead of the Banding Scale for a reason.
>>
>>45092760
Still waiting on that lizard wizard
>>
>>45092796
(functional) reprints of the Odyssey nightmare horrors would be a fun time
>>
>>45092760
Why don't we toss in the Wizzard for good measure. Put a pee counter on target creature, it can no longer attack or block.
>>
File: Why-Wolf.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Why-Wolf.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>45092760
>>
>>45092877
Not legendary enough.
>>
>>45092811
I threw in the last for shits and giggles. Wither sounds like it might be cool. It could represent the creatures of the plane becoming corrupted by the horrors.
>>
>>45087003
B/W Spirit tribal, token subtheme.

Slightly above Origins power level.
>>
>>45092847
>T: Put a pee counter on target creature. That creature can't attack or block for as long as it has a pee counter on it. You get a magical realm counter. (Players with ten or more magical realm counters lose the game.)
>>
If the nightmare weaver is showing up, nightmare creatures could be fun too.
>>
>>45092913
I like your improvement.
>>
File: 2015-11-01-23-36 1446351948918.jpg (288KB, 981x1146px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-01-23-36 1446351948918.jpg
288KB, 981x1146px
>>45092829
>>
>>45092902

I would like to see wither and persist again.

With Dark Ascension, Undying was the monsters getting up stronger as humans fought them down, but Persist would be interesting as a way to show a desperation to survive that can't stand against the withering corruption.

Plus, again, we haven't seen -1/-1 counters since fucking Phyrexia.
>>
File: 2015-10-06-08-33 1444087987371.jpg (97KB, 662x844px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-06-08-33 1444087987371.jpg
97KB, 662x844px
>>45092980
>>
I'd suck dick for Tragic Slip to be reprinted.
>>
File: Obstinate Wizard.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Obstinate Wizard.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>45093005
>>45092980
>>45092829
Wasn't really sure what abilities to give it, sorry.
>>
>>45093112
Make it "can't be targeted by". Makes it more interesting.
>>
>>45093137
So the only things that get countered by something other than the game are self-countering stuff and Counterflux, right?
>>
File: Ugin sent Jace to find Sorin.png (52KB, 574x654px) Image search: [Google]
Ugin sent Jace to find Sorin.png
52KB, 574x654px
So, what're the odds that Jace goes missing too?
>>
File: mindbreakerdemon.jpg (33KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
mindbreakerdemon.jpg
33KB, 265x370px
I would expect a teaser to be something more. This one doesn't show any mechanics, characters or is even significative of the plane.
>>
A reprint of the Shadowmoor liege cycle would be cool. Or maybe some geared towards the tribes in the set. A black/red vampire horror. Gives +1/+1 to all black and red creatures you control. Whenever you cast a red spell target creature you control gains haste or trample, and whenever you cast a black spell, target creature gains lifelink or deathtouch.

Speaking of b/r, I'd like to see a reprint of Terminate.
>>
>>45093571
Given that it is a foil demon, my guess is that demon tribal is going to be big.
>>
>>45093571
Yeah, huge disappointment. Such a mediocre demon.

>significative
Wow, that's actually a word.

>>45093702
Why would you assume that? It's the mythic for one half of Blessed vs. Cursed or whatever it's called. The mythics are always foil.
>>
I want more devils, the rare devils were all really neat. They're never going to be a major tribe so giving them a lot of love in this set would be nice.
>>
>>45087003
Phyrexian mana
>>
I got a Chandra at the pre-release, if madness comes back she'll go from ok to amazing.
>>
>>45093722
I am not assuming, I just hazarded a guess. Given that the card is new, and featured in the duel deck preceding the set, that indicates a possible emphasis on demon tribal cards.
>>
>>45093761
you cheeky cunt
>>
>>45093761
Or a reprint of the Bloodgift demon, or maybe a cleric version with a smaller body and CMC.
>>
>>45093835

I think it's more that the fact it cares about card types in the graveyard means SOI will, too.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 238x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 238x193px
Who is this maro and why is he nerfing control?
>>
>>45093856
So, either another NOT!Phyrexian Arena or NOT!Dark Confidant?
>>
>>45093899
Mark Rosewater is the head of Magic's R&D
>>
>>45093899
>>45094210
Mark Rosewater is literally The Beast Whose Number Is 666. The false prophet whose mark leads the true followers astray from Johnny-dom down into the depths of Timmy-ness.
>>
>legacy threads are kill
>>
>>45093899

He runs Magic's R&D. The problem with control is that it is very all or nothing. A control deck either totally locks shit down, or doesn't do jack shit. So what control players want for control to be 'viable' translates to what other deck archetypes consider 'broken'.

Any control deck that folds to getting punched in the face by creatures is a shitty control deck. Therefore, a good control deck is one that consistently blows creature decks the fuck out.

This is good for control deck, but really bad for the meta in general when it actually happens. Because 80% of the cards in the game are either creatures or there to effect creatures, so making them irrelevant means something went terribly terribly wrong with the design of the meta.
>>
>>45094759

You're not going to see the traditional old school control decks ever again. Spells have been for a massive amount of magic's history way too strong. 2 mana instants could kill 8 mana creatures.

They're trying to swing it back to a 50/50, spells like Grasp of Darkness and Immolating Glare are the best examples for the new norm of cheap removal.
>>
File: Amoral Reptomancer.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amoral Reptomancer.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>45093112
>>
>>45092913
I am going to have to make some custom poison/ infect counters now.
>>
>>45088746
I want a list of the worst flavor text of all time (or best, if you consider that nowadays people love that half-wit humor)
>>
>>45088818
>I'm also smart enough to know we'll see none of those. We'll get undying, Support will become evergreen, and the best reprint we get is Thragtusk
This is almost sad enough to make me cry
>>
>>45094062
Heh. I was more thinking a dark confidant that only pings you for one, and you don't have to remove the card.

I wouldn't mind a reprint of Demonic Tutor either. Maybe a version where you pay some life, but keep it as a 2CMC sorcery.

If they ever bring infect or poison back, what do folks think about a black tutor that gives you poison counters?
>>
>>45095884
The problem with a tutor that gives you poison counters is that against 90% of decks it will not be a drawback at all unless it was something like "you get 10 poison counters at the end of your next turn".
>>
>>45087003
Lots of +1/+1 counters ;^)
Worthless garbage like the werewolves
Homelands tier

If I dig a hole and put my expectations there I can only be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>45095990
What if it gives you a poison counter each time you cast a spell? Or each time you take damage you get a poison counter.
>>
>>45089502
>MaRo has also said that he doesnt like flip cards and that their return would be "unlikely"
This is the biggest fucking lie in the thread. Every time they're brought up on his tumblr he talks about how much design space they have for them and how, if printing them was easier to do they would have them in every set. Dude loves the things.
>>
>>45095884
2 mana DTs would break storm in legacy and vintage. A 2 mana phyrexian arena creature would be a little too good in control, Bob tends to be an aggro card these days.
>>
>>45095884
Grim tutor is possible to reprint on power level. New design philosophy is that tutors and cantrips are bad.
>>
>>45089935
All that post is saying is that white isn't supposed to get "fuck that creature" removal. Which makes sense, Black is the removal color. Black gets doom blade, why would white get Exile Blade?
>>
>>45090134
>>Last Strike: This creature deals damage after all creatures blocking it.
But that would allow for the legendary triple strike mechanic to finally be printed.
>>
what are some moderately interesting yet simplistic +1/+1 mechanics that they could add that haven't been done yet?

"Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on NAME."

"Whenever you draw or discard a card, you may pay [1]. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature that shares a color with this one."

etc
>>
>>45096346
Swords was in alpha, kill spells with a drawback are part of white.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>45089502
>>45089546
>>45096219
Maro has said that he doesn't like flip cards.

However, when he says flip cards, he's talking about stuff like pic related.
>>
>>45096397
+1/+1 counters are effects of individual cards, not set mechanics. There's not a lot of interesting interactions possible
>>
Something that doesn't involve +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>45096547
Draw replacement effects are interesting. Replacement effects in general have a lot of potential to be interactive with other mechanics.
>>
File: 1428167825780.jpg (8KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1428167825780.jpg
8KB, 242x208px
>yfw +1/-1 counters
>>
>>45096416
>with a drawback
That's what "with no restrictions" refers to
>>
>>45090134
>>Half Scry: You may look at the back of the card on top of your library.
This mean you cannot otherwise.
Just. Don't. Look.

Hey, that could play in the "Eldritch horror" theme.
>>
>>45096667
No. Restrictions are like "target non-black creature". Drawbacks are like path to exile ramping them.
>>
>>45090735
But that's the revelation!
>>
File: 1448885517300s.jpg (5KB, 250x161px) Image search: [Google]
1448885517300s.jpg
5KB, 250x161px
>>45096444
These kamigawa flipers are actually good,the stupif new delver shit is stupid,you need to play a stupid token card,omg this game became so stupid now there is a 2/2 morph token WHAT THE FUCK WIZARDS
>>
>>45096641
That'd be a neat way to counteract the pitiful burn in Standard right now.
>>
>>45096824
You like teeny tiny magnifying glass vision cards?
>>
>>45092659
>Affinity for basic land types sounds broken
Just have it on creatures with coloured cost, so that it never reach 0.
>>
>>45096849
Nope just standard ones,but i was comparing flip cards and the kamigawa pnes are clearly better
>>
>>45096902
Are you saying spire golem and razor golem are overpowered?
>>
>>45092913
Shouldn't it be about gaining control or something?
>>
>>45096921
But why
>>
>>45096987
Its the most practical solution
>>
>Megasurge 2B (Whenever a creature you control dies during your turn without being sacrificed, you may 2B. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
>Superflashback 3WURBG (You may cast this card from exile for its superflashback cost. Then put it in your graveyard and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)
>Ultraundying (When this creature dies, if it had +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.)

Screenshot this, I called it.
>>
>>45096283
If cantrips are bad, why have they been printing so many of them recently?
>>
>>45087003
Walkers I can confirm for SOI.
New Jace
Sorrin Lord of Tokens
New, Standard Legal Nahiri

Second set will have
Less shitty, though still pretty shitty) Tibalt
Karn.
>>
>>45093520

The logical reason Sorin didn't return to Zendikar is that he found a eldrazi presence on Innistrad.
Jace will find him and Sorin will tell him he never gave two shits about Zendiakr just keeping Innistrad safe.
>>
>>45097648
Replace Karn with either Tamiyo or some new scrub that will never show up again and I agree.
>>
>>45097648

>Karn
No way bro, Karn is tied up with a completely different storyline, they're not bring him in to randomly show up at the end of a completely different multi-set storyline

Way more likely is Lilliana, she's due for a card since the other four mono-walkers got a card already AND she and Jace have a unfinished side-story.
Lilliana laments not following Jace and getting his help and Jace keeps thinking about what she's up two and refers to Innistrad as "one of Lilliana's old haunts".
>>
>>45097715
>>45097749

No, It will be Karn. Dude shows up because "Holy shit, it's been another 6 years, time to Return to Mirrodin again guys."

Also to catch the tail end of Colorless Matters being a thing in standard.
>>
>>45097768

That's retarded, you're retarded.
If they want to do something that important they're going to make it a big deal, to just have Karn, one of the most important characters in all of magic, just be present in a set and nothing else is ludicrous.
>>
>>45097768
>Return to Zen
>We fucked up and made it the worst block in years
>Return to Inn
>We'll probably fuck up and make this angels vs demons and throw in a-makril because fuck you that's why
>Return to MER
>Fuck it we might as well switch to something different now that Jace beat all the eldar gods and ride that colorless train. How do we make metal craft shittier?

I can actually see it.
>>
>>45093571
That looks like something from Yugioh.
>>
>>45097853
ARTIFACT PLANESWALKERS
>>
>>45097812
It's exactly the retarded logic that Magic Creative follows, so I don't see what's wrong with his argument.
>>
>>45097853
>>Return to Zen
>>We fucked up and made it the worst block in years
What is Theros?
>>
>>45096921
The Kamigawa ones look like shit, and can't have abilities as complex as the Innistrad ones.
>>
>>45097924
Boring but not a mechanical clusterfuck.
>>
>>45097924
Better than BFZ.
>>
I'd love to see something that could bring me back to the game. The recent sets haven't done the trick.

I'd like to see threshold back, but it would probably need a mechanic like flashback in the block to keep things interesting. Madness could be cool, as well as the horrors from Torment.

Really, Odyssey 2.0 on gothic horror plane would be neat. So long as there are no eldrazi. That shit's stupid.
>>
>>45096143
something like
"Phyrexian Tutelage
B(phi-B)(phi-B)
Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You get a Compleation counter. Whenever you cast a spell or at the beginning of your end step, you get two poison counters."

with some flavor text about regardless of when you're learning forbidden knowledge from Phyrexia, it's not the knowledge planeswalkers fear or something

if you really wanted to push it, you could make it 3phi-B or get the card in your hand instead, but that'd be so broken it'd make anyone puke in horror
>>
>>45094759
your entire post is shit
>>
>Hey you remember werewolves? That cool thing everyone liked despite us printing nothing but french vanilla limited trash for every single one of them save huntmaster?
>Ya?
>Well what if we completely remove that shit from the 3rd set and make it angels vs demons abandoning all other previous themes and tone?
>Great!
>And then we can go back and retcon werewolves back in probably, still make them shitty french vanilla trash, and people will eat it up.
>Will people still try and make tribal happen despite shitty transformation triggers counter to the natural playstyle the deck dictates, little interaction with each other, and be exclusivly limited fodder?
>Wouldn't have it any other way bro
>>
>>45087827
lmao
>>
File: 1410755720825.jpg (158KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1410755720825.jpg
158KB, 863x752px
>>45087003
Megamadness
>>
>>45090134
>wolfpack
>earthbound
>final blow
If you changed the names on those they would be pretty cool mechanics anon. You have a pretty limited scope on how modifiers can make a card interesting.
>>
>>45091399
now sarkhan can unfuck his fuckup and refuck his qt waifu.
>>
>>45087064
This so much.
Imagine Tibalt being reprinted in a madness heavy set, perhaps with means of giving spells madness
>>
>>45099282
>cool mechanics
No, they would be mechanics that are technically implementable
If you think they're cool, you're stupid and wrong.
>>
>>45099282
>Final Blow
>This creature deals damage once again after dealing regular combat damage.

It'd be like a defensive double strike that would allow for lower cost / higher strength creatures than the same creature with double strike would normally have. It'd probably be featured on high toughness creatures that can survive to deal damage the second time, which means we'd probably see this ability in White and Green.
>>
>>45089546
I will shoot up wizards if Garruk doesn't get a redemption arc and instead continues to get shit on and pushed aside in favor of that elf whore
>>
>>45089818
Horseshit, exile is as white as you can gets. Even stuff like Unmake is half white
>>
>>45099559
I could see final blow being a trigger effect if the creature hits the graveyard.
>>
>>45099559
Actually, I'd like to see a few mechanics focused on how combat damage is dealt in a future set.

>Parry
>Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to this creature before it deals combat damage.
>Used for creatures with equal P/T that would die to First / Double Strike otherwise. Seen in Black & Green.

>Deflect
>You may reassign combat damage dealt to this creature to any other creatures blocking alongside it.
>Used for frail, high power creatures, probably alongside other relevant keywords such as Deathtouch. Allows such creatures to be better defensive threats. Found in Black & Blue.

>Dying Blow
>If this creature would be assigned lethal damage during combat, it deals twice as much combat damage.
>For cheap, expendable creatures, 2/1s and the like you want to go with a boom so they take something down with them. Found in Blue & Red.

>United Assault.
>A creature with united assault may attack alongside another creature. They are treated as a single attacker with all the abilities of both creatures. You may choose how combat damage is assigned to them.
>Found in small to mid-sized creatures that want to be able to attack without it being a death sentence due to a larger, more impossing presence on the board that would fuck 'em up otherwise. Found in Red & White.

There's no way it'd happen in Innistrad of all places, but maybe on a new, very war-like plane?
>>
>>45097610
What cantrip has been printed recently?
>>
>>45092984
My wet dream would be to have a 1/1 creature for (B/G) with Persist so it dies twice in one turn.

It'd actually be great for decks with death triggers, which standard is full of atm. I'd totally make a deck built around it, Rot Shambler, Catacomb Sifter Smothering Abomination (the second time it'd be sacrificed too, so you get 2 draws!) and Sifter of Skulls.
>>
>>45100298
Slip Through Space.
Expedite.
Shoulder To Shoulder.
Titan's Strength.

Shoulder to Shoulder is pretty shitty, but both Expedite and Slip Through Space are fucking amazing, specially in aggro decks.
>>
>>45100333
Don't forget Zulaport Cutthroat
>>
File: image.jpg (598KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
598KB, 1500x1500px
>>45100386
>Two drains
>Combo it with Cliffhaven Vampire
>The value train has no brakes
>>
>>45100384
They don't print card filtering cantrips is what I meant. They're ok with minor effects, the idea is that building a consistent deck is killing magic.
>>
I want to see a legendary spider.
>>
>>45099894
The point is that the creature doesn't deal damage again if its killed first though. What you suggest would be an entirely new mechanic like >>45100280
>>
>>45099792
Yeah, Nissa a shit.

Honestly, why should a character with a far more interesting arc in favor of an horrid one?, Is it justifiable just to have a bit more of female representation, just to further a progressive, neoliberal agenda?

Not even /pol/, it just grinds my gears to see potential squandered like this.
>>
>>45101044

I think Garruk's gonna make a comeback, personally.

He probably wouldn't have worked with the gatewatch idea anyway, given that Garruk doesn't know anyone on the team but Jace and he doesn't like Jace.
>>
>>45100894
Dying Blow was more or less what I was going for. The version I was thinking about was needlessly complicated. I could see all five colors having access to it. The power strikes more as a b/r/w ability than u.
>>
>>45100894
If you allow it to trigger without dying then you've essentially opened the gates for triple strike, and I don't think anyone wants that.
>>
Give us Lab Man and a Doomsday reprint
>>
>>45090373

I got 4 cards from Oath and they were the only 4 I wanted.

It was an underwhelming set.
>>
penos
>>
>>45087003
Delver alternative for Army Of The Damned would be awesome. Maybe even a new Geist Of Saint Traft or Olivia Voldaren. Would be fucking sick. Also, hoping to god that the Jace will be incredible.
>>
>>45087003
Bring back Undying. Hell. Yes.
>>
I want a Havengul Lich that you can build a viable deck around. I really like that card but it just does not run very well.
>>
I want skeleton tribal to be a thing.
>>
>>45108536
There are a few zombies that also care about skeletons, but no skeleton lords that I am aware of. They're usually just small and have regenerate anyway and there's not much room to expand upon.
>>
>>45107235
Do you really want another standard legal Jace that costs more than $60?
>>
File: nope.png (24KB, 1169x361px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
24KB, 1169x361px
>>45096641
I asked.
>>
>>45100280
All od those are too complex except the infamous "last strike".
>>
>>45108598
Death Baron is the only one I can think of.
>>
>>45101044
You don't have to be /pol/ to hate hamfisted pandering.

In fact, you're probably not /pol/ if you hate hamfisted pandering because most Stormfront garbage is pandering to the crowd that's still mad about da joos degeneracy conspiracy

Nissa's a terrible, vapid character whose interesting traits (being elf Hitler) was replaced with generic "friend to all living things isn't Green so in touch with mother nature wow" tripe
>>
>>45100384
>Titan's Strength
>cantrip

u wot m8
>>
Do plot bullshit and make Chainer, Dementia Master a planeswalker. He goes to innistrad and introduces Nightmare/Horror tribal.
>>
File: assemble a contraption.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
assemble a contraption.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>45087003
Only because it would ruin the flavor of an entire plane and make everyone so mad.

>humans overcome three different species of predators by building steampunk warmechs
>>
File: image.jpg (233KB, 904x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 904x573px
>>45095276
Perfect.
>>
>>45096803
>Sphinxes Revelation
>"HOLY SHIT THERE'S SPHINXES ON INNISTRAD!"
>>
A toxic deluge type effect black sweeper would be cool. Even if it's 4 or 5 CMC.
>>
>>45104987
But I do want it.

But honestly odds are an hypothetical creature with triple strike doesn't live to hit the third time unless its against a wall or the like.
>>
>>45110705
I'm okay with this becoming Van Helsing: The Movie: The Set
>>
>>45093571
I don't expect them to reveal anything good after they mismanaged the OGW leaks so poorly.

Also I can't read gook, so translate please?
>>
>>45111335
etb mill 4
upkeep lose 4 life unless you have 4 or more card types in grave
>>
>>45097090
>Ultraundying (When this creature dies, if it had +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.)
This would actually be a pretty cool mechanic. It'd work well with the +1/+1 mechanics and would make them interesting to build around.
>>
I hope they reprint buried alive so my zombie deck doesn't suck so much, gotta get dem gravecrawlers
>>
>>45111335

What this guy said
>>45111391
plus flying and trample
>>
File: 57666[1].jpg (42KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
57666[1].jpg
42KB, 200x285px
>>45111440
>Mikaeus will jump up in price by 100$
oh baby
>>
>>45111542
>plus flying and trample
my b
>>
>>45089818
If standard didn't exist we'd be able to receive good cards, fuck me I wish Standard would just die
>>
>>45090134
>Compound Upkeep
The first turn its out you would pay 0, since you didn't pay anything last turn, then next turn you'd pay Y*0=0, etc.
>>
>>45097090
>Superflashback 3WURBG (You may cast this card from exile for its superflashback cost. Then put it in your graveyard and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.)
>You may cast this card from exile
>Then put it in your graveyard
would not eve be upset
>>
>>45087003
Know I'm going to get shat on for this but Fateful Hour. Made RW peasants a fucking thrill.
>>
>>45097090
>superflashback makes Manipulate Fate shoot up in price
Buy it now, boys, its only 40 cents. Soon it'll be 15 burgers.
>>
File: 1449587159796.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449587159796.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>45087003
>SOI story's plotline will deal with the disappearing of Sorin and/or Nahiri, as both are needed to deal with Emrakul.

>The last Eldrazi Titan will not be on Innistrad. Instead we will get some lameass 'Avacyn's Cure gone horribly wrong' kind of shit.

>BFZ block put the spotlight on Gideon and Nissa, the green/white walkers. SOI block will give stagetime to blue (Jace) and black (Liliana or Sorin).

>This set will be the doorstep of the slow return of powercreep into Magic.

>The set will contain cards that care about what is placed and stays in the GY. Flashback will return. Both of this plays into what cards are (not) processed by Eldrazi's.

>There will be a card (or cards) that hate on strategies that exile cards (ie. cards cant be exiled from gy's).

>This kind of GY focus means that after almost a decade Tarmoygoyf will be reprinted in a standard legal set.

>We will see fan favourite cards return, but only as special Expedition-esque promo's (think Snapcaster/LoTV/Cavern of Souls).
>>
>>45100464
I do too now, why do I want this so much now?

>>45111308
This might work out well, but Innistrad tied vampires/werewolves up a bit too well. A story arc I hope for is either the Wolfir rebel against humans or the remaining werewolves start to get a bit ballsier, either way the wolf/werewolf tribe needs some support and a legendary for an edh deck

>>45093740
This also, Hellrider is silly good in my Rith deck, I just want silly jank cards
>>
I want an intersection of prowess and graveyard shenanigans
>>
File: ChampInt.jpg (50KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
ChampInt.jpg
50KB, 620x300px
>>45087003
I want more human support, A Champion of the Parish reprint is welcomed for Standard (I own 10 play sets), but I am open to an upgraded Champion of the Parish, or better human token generator, or more cards that play off of human tribal.
>>
>>45111572
I don't think so. Sure, you could make a zombie tribal with him and Ultraundying, but the fact that he's 6cmc means he'd probably have to be relegated to the role of a finisher, which I don't see him doing very well since he dies to removal and doesn't have Undying himself.

Sure, you can circumvent all of this and make a good wincon out of him, but it'd take a lot of building around, which inherently means more combo pieces to achieve victory, which in turn implies a slower, less consistent deck.

Unless you cheat him into play early on, but that's easier said than done.

Still, it'd be very fun to play and he'd definitely see more play in Commander.
>>
>>45111572
>>45114490
PD: actually the best way to exploit a theoretic ultraundying would be the Support mechanic. Lead by Example, Relief Captain and even Gladeheart Cavalry could be used to trigger the abilities of several creatures at once. Combine with Eldrazi Displacer and you've got yourself a pretty killer deck that would look at just about any fatty and laugh its ass off.
>>
>>45103038
I made it U/R because its the most "volatile" color combo. Whenever they meet things generally go boom.

That's what I was trying to capture designing the ability, that brief, powerful flash of a creature before it dies out. Its also a great ability for aggro, which U/R specializes on.
>>
>>45108738
Not really, Parry and Deflect are pretty straightforward, while Dying blow would need better wording even if its pretty clearly just a conditional Double Strike variant.

The only one that may be too complex is United Assault, but that's just because there's no precedent of creatures being able to attack as one. It could still be worked out after some rule research and working out any potential exploits it might allow for.
>>
>>45109094
Scry 1.

Not exactly a cantrip, but it does allow you to get rid of a card you don't have much use for.
>>
>>45087003
If fat packs don't have a fold out limited edition 1 of 6 wall poster I'll sue. I need innistrad aesthetic in my life.
>>
Yo, /pfg/. So, I wanna make a wizard for this 4 person campaign. I have a Monk team-mate, who I somehow have to make him decent. Im going against a barbarian, and a sorcerer. We're level 20. Care to help me make a character to whip these guys' asses?
>>
>>45115504
fuck wrong tab
shadows over innistrad be cool and shit
>>
>>45090134
>>45112033
>compound upkeep
"at the beginning of your turn, pay P(1+r/n)^nt mana, where P is the cmc of the card, r is the current interest rate, n is the number of spells you cast last turn, and t is the number of turns this permanent has been on the board.

You want Magic Finance, you got it motherfuckers.
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.