[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've come here before to do research, and I thought I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12

File: freaks-and-geeks-dd-700x466.jpg (66KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
freaks-and-geeks-dd-700x466.jpg
66KB, 700x466px
I've come here before to do research, and I thought I'd drop by for more personal reactions.

I am doing a thesis for Evolutionary Studies on where RPGs came from and why people play them. So if anyone could answer some questions so I could get some anecdotes for my paper, I'd appreciate it. Plus we can see what kind of people come here.

>Age
>Gender
>Ethnicity
>Why do you play RPGs?
>>
M
Hispanic
I view it as improv, and I like acting, theater, and literature.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White

I always enjoyed sci-fi and fantasy when I was younger. I accidentally bought a Warcraft DnD supplement thinking it was a novel, and got introduced into the hobby through that. Some friends found the DnD starter kit I had in my closet a few years later and we all tried it out and had fun.
>>
>>45069759
>>Age
21 human years
>>Gender
Dragon kin
>>Ethnicity
Frost dragon, (showing white human)
>>Why do you play RPGs?
I think they really help me get in touch with my inner side and explore the life I should be having.
>>
>>45069759
>>Age
>>Gender
Male
>>Ethnicity
White
>>Why do you play RPGs?
It's a social activity, and I like getting to unpack and explore characters, which you don't really get to do in other fiction since their (inter)actions are finite.
>>
>inb4 that one anon who admits to being under 18

Haven't you heard the news? 50% of 4chan's views come from school computers. You're not gonna get anything here.
>>
>>45069759
M
Caucasian
Escapism, storytelling, and having fun with friends with something more intellectually exciting than go clubbing.
>>
Male
White

I love getting into the mind set of someone else. I play all classes and personality types. I guess in essence, I love to take a new set of tools and do the best I can with it. I always put character before numbers.

I guess thats why I love drafting too.
>>
>>45069794
Are you a male or female dragon, it's not a hard concept
>>
>>45069759
>18
>mtftmtf
>1/64th cherokee, 1/32th mexican, 1/8th british, 1/16th irish, 1/64th spanish, 1/16th german, 1/4th polish, 1/16th greek, 1/4th serb, 1/8th turk.
>So I have a valid reason to browse /tg/ and answer shitpost.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White

My big brother started playing them and, being the clingy little brother that I was, I wanted to try it as well. First saw it as some sort of wackyness contest and DMs hated me playing it like that. Then I learned I could roleplay appropriately archetypal characters and things went more smoothly this way. I find it liberating to act in a way I wouldn't normally do in real life, though my social anxiety is still a hindrance when it comes to play characters that have any depth or charisma.
>>
>>Age
>>Gender
male
>>Ethnicity
white
>>Why do you play RPGs?
because it's fun
>>
>>45069759
M
Caucasian
I find it a nice way to unwind during the weekend, a way that does not partially destroy my brain like the drunkards or my eardrums for the clubbers. The company is nice and relaxed aswell, and rolling dice is fun.
>>
>>45070171
Not OP, but whats fun about it? I'm just genuinely curious about this as well.
>>
Male
Various European and Jewish

I enjoy being able to tell a story with my firends. It gives us all the chance to improvise and joke around while creating something that holds meaning for us. Plus it gives everyone the chance to explore Scifi and fantasy in new ways. And I love doing voices.
>>
Male
White

RPGs offer a chance to share a story with friends and enter a sort of alternate reality, create whatever you want.

>>45070211
>I find it a nice way to unwind during the weekend, a way that does not partially destroy my brain like the drunkards or my eardrums for the clubbers. The company is nice and relaxed aswell, and rolling dice is fun.

You are the most simplistic child I have ever encountered on 4chan.

>>45070247

Good for you.

>>45070164
>my social anxiety

You mean being a pussy?
>>
Male
French Canadian (Caucasian)
It gives a reason to me and my mates to see each other once in awhile. Now that our lives is slowy separating as we grow up, its nice to have something that gather us all together.
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White
>Why do you play RPGs?
I really enjoy creating worlds and settings, and especially enjoy when I can share it with other people. Also enjoy exploring other peoples worlds and such, it's always so interesting. But most of all, it's fucking fun, and I like the people I play with.
>>
File: autism.jpg (47KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
47KB, 500x415px
>>45070308
>>
>>45070308

Wow, anon. Why?
>>
File: 1306524151063.jpg (240KB, 1200x601px) Image search: [Google]
1306524151063.jpg
240KB, 1200x601px
Male
White

I'm a forever GM and it's a good outlet for me to be creative and have fun with a few of my pals.
>>
>>45069759
Male
Caucasian
I play RPGs cuz it's fun to play a story and adventure and as a player it's fun to solve problems put in front of you and as a DM it's fun to watch how the players will solve the problems you put in front of them.
>>
>27
>Male
>White
Got into it initially to further my understanding of Video Games, as I went to College for game design, but stayed playing and DMing because it's a lot of fun to create a collaborative story, grind through a dungeon, and above all it's a good way to keep in touch with my friends despite a busy schedule and moving as we've aged.
>>
>>45069759
M
Caucasian

Tagged along with my brother when I was 12. Like it because it's quality time with my friends and I can either explore a world or create one and play with the hopes and dreams of my players.
>>
>>45070426
>>45070442

Why what?

>>45070544
>>45070494
>>45070597
>>45070609
>>45070609

All good answers.
>>
File: 5793056722.jpg (48KB, 529x700px) Image search: [Google]
5793056722.jpg
48KB, 529x700px
>Ethnicity
>White
Fucking usanians.
>>
M
White
2nd generation gamer. First played at age 6. Always enjoyed it, largely view it as shared storytelling.
>>
>>45069759
>25
>White
>Male
>I'm trying to make a living designing and publishing RPGs, playing them is obviously my hobby of choice.
>>
>>45069759

>Age
>Gender
Male (homosexual)
>Ethnicity
Caucasian (Italy)
>Why do you play RPGs?
I both like being sorrounded with people that actively share my "childish" interest, and actually pretending to be the magical heroes.
>>
>>45070629

Oh, heh, misread that.

>>45070634

I AM ALL NORTHERN EUROPEAN ETHNICITIES.

Or just 'Murican.

America only really has a few well defined ethnicities, and a lot of those either developed here, or haven't fully assimilated yet. While I can say where my ancestors are from, I'm not Scottish or Irish or German or Norwegian. That said, America does seem to have a few informal ethnicities based on region, so I'd say West Coast, more specifically PNW. There are some definite differences even between Seattle and Portland, but they're mostly more similar than, say, Seattle and LA.
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
M
>Ethnicity
White
>Why do you play RPGs?
They're fun.

Seriously though, I enjoy the creativity and freedom of what is essentially collective story telling with rules.
>>
>>45070634
Reminds my of a friend of mine. Awesome gamer family, parents met each other on a Larp, now they're organizing one themself, all children are into P&Ps and larp, they all play MMOs together and their whole house is one gigantic nerdcave/castle. I'm so fucking envious of him.
>>
>>45070661
Same except I'm 20.
>>
>>45070629
Right? I mean, German-Irish-Swedish-French-Whelsh-Jewish is a bit of a mouthful, but still.
>>
>>45070719

Actually, my mom dropped out of the gaming once I was conceived. Something about the gaming community of the early 80s in Seattle having some nasty elements.
>>
>>45070744
She should start again. Geekparents best parents.
>>
M
Slavshit
That's not why i STARTED playing rpgs, and the reasons changed over time more than once, byt now i am diehard narrativist and my motivation is to co-create compelling stories, and experience them from more personal, inside perspective that non-interactive fiction.
>>
>>45070629
To be fair, with my dad being adopted half of my genetics are a mystery other than the fact that I am white as fuck.
>>
Genderfluid (male sex)
White (Irish and Scottish)
Because it's fun, tells a good story and is good escapism
>>
>>45070734

That's not an ethnicity. That's an ancestry.

>>45070785

She's still awesome, just doesn't do the RP any more.
>>
>>45069759
>I am doing a thesis for Evolutionary Studies on where RPGs came from and why people play them.

So, you're writing a thesis to answer questions that are not only already answered, but are well documented and obvious, and you're researching it by asking questions which will not inform that matter in any substantive way. You're going to fit in perfectly in academia.
>>
>>45070957
That is ethnicity. Ethnicity refers to your cultural and ethnic makeup, as opposed to race, which is actually pretty arbitrary. My ethnicity is pretty much Northern and Western European, not white, which is my race.
>>
>>45071060

Ethnicity is primarily cultural, not genetic.
>>
>>45070965
No one really has the answers. What I'm trying to do is write a paper on the possible origins of this behavior and why certain parts of humans decided it would be fun to pretend to be elves or aliens.

And like I said in the post, it's anecdotal things for my paper. It never hurts to add in a few personal elements to add some character and make it a bit less dry.
>>
>>45071120
>Source: A survey on 4chan done by me.

Is this actually accepted/respected?
>>
>>45071173
Do you know what anecdotal means? A small section of a paper about human evolutionary psychology talking about personal stories isn't uncommon or disallowed.
>>
>>45071173

Yup.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White
It's the only game that gives unparallel freedom. What there is not to like?
>>
>>45069759
>19
>Male
>Titanium Hwite
>It's a fun hobby where I get to make a cool story and explore my imagination
>>
>>45069759
What's the movie name?
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
Caucasian french
>Why do you play RPGs?
because it's creative enough not to bore me in 2 hours
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
Caucasian Swiss
>Why do you play RPGs?
Since i've seen how much joy you can bring to a few people with a game so simple, i want to continue GMing.
>>
>>45069759
Male
Chinese
I play RPG's to because it allows me to explore in a safe environment thing's I'd love to do but afraid to. Failing time and again is fun and enjoyable in a game, but not in real life.
>>
>>45069759
M
Caucasian
Fun improv with friends that stimulates my writing
>>
>>45069759
Male
Black
I enjoy both tabletop RPGS and video games, because I can do things I can't do in real life (say, fight a dragon). But I prefer tabletop RPGS to vidya RPGS because if I'm going to be railroaded, at least do it to my face. Also, improv and stuff, I have a performance background so that's always cool.
you realize by the time you publish your thesis these posts will be unsourced right
>>
>all this fedora tipping at clubbing
>>
>>45071120
You might as well write a paper on why people tell stories and act them out on stage.
>>
>>45069759
Male
French
I like to daydream and create worlds developing them, going into details about ways of life, military tactics, economies, religions, national tensions, etc... RP is the best thing I could do with that
I also love to tell a story, and having people to take part in it makes it a way better experience then writing a manuscript for a book that probably won't ever be finished. Additionally there is no better story to tell than one that unfolds under your eyes
>>
>>45070308
You're insecure and everyone here knows it
>>
>>45069759

M
Black
My mother told kid me that DnD was satanism and led to suicide, my dad picked me up a Dragonlance book for me as a fuck you to my mom and I got sucked in.
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White/British
>Why do you play RPGs?
Whilst doing computer games development at university (along with every other nerd in the bloody world apparently) I wanted to look into different types of game mechanics and give RPG's a try. Me and a few friends ended up playing a campaign for over 3 years.
>>
>>45071060
We don't even use "race" in France...
>>
>>45074290
and see where that got ya.
>>
>>45072808

> projecting

>>45072716

Pretty good and semi-touching.... would be 8/10 but you're french so 6/10 instead

>>45072823

9/10

>>45072875

5/10, would be 6/10 if you didn't use the word 'nerd" like a fucking pleb. Also you probably play 5th edition.
>>
>>45069759
>20
>M
>Whiter than Wonderbread
>To be honest, it's nice to be able to be something else for a while. It gives me chances to be in situations I can't/will never encounter, and be someone entirely different. On top of that, they're fun to play, and rewarding when you suceed
>>
>>45072329
Freaks and geeks. It's a show.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White
For fun. Getting together with friends. Excellent creative outlet.
>>
M
White
I enjoy playing make-believe in new worlds and new scenarios, also I enjoy the creative (when GMing) and theatrical (when PCing) elements. A big thing for me, actually, is the sense of accomplishment I get when playing. It comes a lot easier from games than in real life, as sad as that is.
>>
>>45072546
You can still archive.
>>
>>45074352
Well, if >>45070629 is going to throw a fit, heavy Celtic and German with a side of almost everything in northern central Europe
>>
>>45069759
Male
White
When I was a kid, my favorite uncle played d&d. I consequently thought you had to be cool, like Really cool to tabletop game.

I think this still.
>>
>>45070130
Points for counting all that out.
>>
>>45074345
Just go shitpost to /b/ or something.
>>
I'll save you the effort, 99% of us are white, male, aged 25 +/- 10, and we do it because it's fun.
>>
Male
Slav with some German heritage
The way to hang around tolerable people that won't dig too deep into my personal life. And won't attempt to hug me randomly.
I have no idea why but people in every other social hobby I've tried always started making assumptions that just because we spend couple hours a week we should automatically start visiting each other at home or something.
>>
>>45069759

Male
White

I love good stories and characters
>>
>>45070629
Not gonna lie, you kind of have a point. "White" is a social construct, sure. On the other hand, I've personally tracked my heritage back about a dozen generations, and everything is -still in America.- So I have a lot of [various European shit] with a decent mix of Native American and even a little Central American, a mix that these days probably just means "I'm from the United States." But if I were to say that my ethnicity is "American," I'd probably get called a national populist.
>>
>>45069759
>23
>Male
>Some kinda white American, we call those "Caucasian" now right

Mostly play RPGs because I enjoy the collective storytelling experience. That said, I mostly enjoy GMing because crafting a story half-on-the-fly is really fun.
>>
Male
Caucasian (Finnish, Italian, Swedish, various)
As youngin's my friends and I played make-believe with toys, clay, or sticks in the woods. We also played videogames.
RPGs (and LARPing) were the natural progression of this because it allowed for structured rules, like a videogame, and creative freedom, like make-believe.
>>
>>45070629
>An ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience.[1][2] Unlike most other social groups, ethnicity is primarily an inherited status. Membership of an ethnic group tends to be defined by a shared cultural heritage, ancestry, origin myth, history, homeland, language and/or dialect, symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, art, and physical appearance.
My family originates from France and Germany but since that was many generations ago and that has absolutely no influence on me, my ethnicity is fucking white.
>>
>>45069759
Male
Caucasian/Jewish
It's a fun vicarious experience, and a good way to keep in touch with friends.
>>
>>45069759

Male

Native American

I enjoy the social aspect of it as well as being able to collectively tell a story.

Tabletop games are the only real media I've ever been a part of where a group of people can all sit around a table eating chips or drinking, listening to each other spew nonsense about what their imaginary characters are doing and have everyone think it's amazing. Not just amazing, but amazing enough to then talk about it for years if it went really well. A lot of my players STILL talk about an event that happened to one of them six years ago in a DnD campaign.
>>
36, Male, White. Been playing tabletop RPGs since I was 10 years old, primarily D&D in all its editions. Currently play B/X and run a 5E game. I love the mythology, work building and storytelling aspect. Enjoy improvisational nature, problem solving and trouble shooting as a collaborative group effort. Cameraderie and a chance to get a break from work and family commitments once a week.
>>
>>45069759
RPGs come from war gaming. Read the book "Playing at the World" about the origins of D&D. After fucking Verbal story telling is the oldest form of entertainment.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 200x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 200x294px
>>45079392
>mfw I am the greybeard of the tread at the venerable age of 36.
>>
>>45069759

Male

White

It's a hobby that lets me do something creative with friends. I entertain ideas of being an actual writer/author but lack the energy/dedication to do a full novel or short stories on a regular basis. RPGs give me an opportunity to do world and character building in a more relaxed and collaborative context (getting inspiration from my players or the GM helps a lot). Also it's Fun(TM).
>>
>>45069759
You know, I have to wonder what kind of light you intend to cast us in. Historically speaking 'research' into roleplayers, has been aimed at making us into a freakshow, or finding some kind of terrible link between RPG and satanism or something equally stupid. Just look at the type of people in your image; that is the popular view of roleplayers, because of 'research' done that supports it!

>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White British
>Why do I play RPGs?
Because honestly I enjoy storytelling, making an interesting character, discovering how they react in certain situations and when I GM, making a world my players can challenge themselves in. And yes, there is a touch of escapism in there as well; the real world is honestly a crappy place that I can't do much to help, but within the context of a tabletop game, my character is powerful and relevant - he can fight injustices and his actions effect the world for the better in a way the average person's cannot in the real world.
>>
File: 1360357840125.jpg (73KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
1360357840125.jpg
73KB, 524x468px
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White
>Why do you play RPGs?
A: I love fiction, and a good RP session is like living/controlling it.
B: Shits n' fucking giggles abound with a good group.
>>
>Age
20something
>Gender
None
>Ethnicity
White
>Why do you play RPGs?
Because badwrongfun.
>>
File: Gh0UkmMuFX0.jpg (196KB, 1107x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Gh0UkmMuFX0.jpg
196KB, 1107x1023px
>>45069759
>>Age
>>Gender
Male
>>Ethnicity
Kurwa
>>Why do you play RPGs?
Escapism. I relish the idea of wandering the woodland with close friends, fighting off goblins, and discovering ancient treasures inside of secret ruins, all of which I can't exactly do in the boring real world.
>>
>>45069759
M
White
Fun things are fun. Also I get to tell stories and stuff.
>>
Hot pocketeers, pls.
>>
File: west-virginia[1].gif (3KB, 490x411px) Image search: [Google]
west-virginia[1].gif
3KB, 490x411px
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
Cracker
>Why do you play RPGs?
I live at least an hour from my group of friends.
Once a week I drive a few towns over to play Pathfinder.
Keeps me from going completely stir crazy stuck in a boring Appalachian town. (Pic Related)
>>
>>45069759
M
White / American
I kinda hate myself, so I love pretending to be someone else and just loosing myself in a good story. It makes me feel important, like I can make a difference.
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
African-American
>Why?
It is any enjoyable creative exercise to do with friends and those who will become friends through play. My own anxieties fuck over the chances for enjoyable social contact in person, but playing such games over the internet really helps fill the void.
>>
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White
>Why do you play RPGs?
I had my first AD&D2 character at the age of 3, playing alongside my father, my uncle, and their friends pretty much at every opportunity. Before that, they would sit me in my highchair at one end of the table and let me watch.

I have always played RPGs, and I always will. It is in my blood. It is who I am.
>>
>>45069759
Male
Human
Life is boring and sad. Drinking beer and rolling dice with friends is fun and fulfilling.
>>
>>45069759
Ethnicity: i'm german just like my ancestors
Why do I play: started when i was twelve when my older sister introduced me now i've introduced all my friends and show it to every new friend i make. It's a fun and diverse hobby i can do together with friends, it's never the same or gets old and you have infinite posibilities. You çan laugh, be serious and even get emotional together in just one game.
>>
>>45069759
>19
>Male
>Pale White
Magical Realm.
>>
>>45070130
You want to know the funny thing? I'd wager that, if you dug deep enough, you'd find this a not too uncommon geneaology for the average American, considering all the immigration the US has seen since its inception. The great cultural melting pot of the world. And they're still obsessed with appearing as white Anglo-Saxons.
>>
>>45071173
There was some dumbass from /fit/ who did his master's thesis on 4chan.
>>
>>45069759
Male
Ubermensch
It allows for more freedom than video games do, and telling a good story together with friends has strengthened my friend group.
>>
>>45069759
M
White
Started playing D&D with my older brother when I was 6. Been playing ever since, trying out systems.
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
>Ethnicity
White/Scandinavian
>Why do you play RPGs?
It combines so many of my general interests; general geekery, theatre/acting/improv, storytelling, worldbuilding, candy-eating, and it's a nice form of escapism
>>
M
European
It's fun. Like reading a story, but you get to alter it as you go.
>>
File: 1432759406678.gif (1MB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
1432759406678.gif
1MB, 200x254px
>>45069759
male
white mediterranean
it's a great way to have fun with friends and to get the brain to do some work
>>
>>45074290
We refer to color which is pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>45086509
>And they're still obsessed with appearing as white Anglo-Saxons.
As an American, I've never heard "Anglo-Saxon" outside of history classes and black people bitching about white people about mostly nothing (the black people who bitched about white people about actually something never used it, weirdly enough)
>>
>>45074345
>5/10, would be 6/10 if you didn't use the word 'nerd" like a fucking pleb. Also you probably play 5th edition

A. How? 5th wasn't out when he was in college.
B. How does using the word nerd mean he's a pleb? If anything "nerd" has more of a refined feel than the overused "geek".
C. Someone's just jealous because he was too retarded to get into college, and instead spends his time shitposting on /tg/.
>>
>>45087194
We use "Anglo-Saxon" all the time in the Uk.
>>
>>45086629
Bullshit, there are no girls on the internet.
>>
>>45089404
No we don't.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White (Swede)

It was always a creative outlet for me. I got started in the 90s and I think the majority view among role-players was that it was about taking all the fictional building blocks we got through reading fantasy novels and watching movies and making something from them ourselves.

Like, role-playing games are related to fiction, but instead of just consuming you are creating, and that's kind of awesome.

Of course, nowadays it's a part of gaming instead and you have players who just view it like playing magic or whatever and try to win, or argue about balance or mechanics more than the story.
>>
>>45069759
>>Age
>27
>>Gender
>Male
>>Ethnicity
>Scandinavian (that is, white)
>>Why do you play RPGs?
>Because it is fun.
>>
>>45089434
Those of us that don't live in council housing do.

In the same way black slave descendants in America are referred to as African-Americans the English "natives" are referred to as Anglo-Saxsons by those of us with a working brain and a slight understanding of history.

Saying 'But me and my fucktard friends don't!' Isn't a valid retort.
>>
>>45089512
Oh ffs. It's been a while since I've been here. Whatever.
:greentext:
>>
File: 1565498150.jpg (48KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1565498150.jpg
48KB, 500x427px
>>45070308
This has got to be one of the most vain things I've read in a long time.
>>
>>45069759
M
Nigger
Gamblings not legal here, need something to do
>>
>>45069759
M
Half filipino/German, currently residing in the Netherlands
I love playing out fantasies and developing stories, the main reason why I play it though is because it gives my friends a good reason to come together every week.
>>
>>45069759
Male
White/Irish
I love story-telling, sci-fi, fantasy, drinking beers with buddies and like >>45069783
I also like the theatrical and improv elements to table top games.
>>
Female
Russian
I just really like the idea of creating stories where the main characters can surprise you (instead of just writing a book where you have absolute control) and it's a great way to stay in touch with people if you are scattered all around the world. Tabletop (with a good GM) gives you freedom video games could never achieve and create your own memorable adventure. It's just a great way to have fun
>>
>>45089404
Guess where the Angols and the Saxons came from
>>
>>45069759

>>Age
>>Gender
M
>>Ethnicity
Privileged
>>Why do you play RPGs?
Hangout with friends, have fun, and avoid screens for a few hours.
>>
F
White/German-Russian
It's a great pass-time, a fun thing to do with friends and since it's a form of collabrative story-telling, it is right up my ally
>>
File: endless13.jpg (772KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
endless13.jpg
772KB, 1920x1080px
>>45069759
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Ethnicity
White (Scottish-French), but I live in America so whole mixing pot thing going on.
>Why do you play RPGs?
Any other form of entertainment has its limits. If I want easily digested entertainment I can watch Netflix, or if I can't get a group together or I already have a group and we have a set game day of the week I play vidya games. But if I REALLY want to have fun, accept no substitutes. RPGs are the greatest form of escapism there is, and are limited only by the imagination of the players/GM which have developed lot in my short time with the hobby (2 years).
>>
>21
>Female
>Khalkha
>I have fun and make friend
>>
M
Eastern Ontario (white)
Started playing when i discoverd the holmes edition dnd when i was seven or eight as part of an extentsion of the make belive play my friends and I were into, which until that point was a mishmash of film and books we liked.. The study of the hobby in itself, not just playing has become a lifetime interest for me as well. And yes you can source messages boards for your paper...just remember to request an archiving of the thread and you will get a perminent URL to put in yor bbiliography
>>
>>45096071
What's it like in Mongolia
>>
File: 1406973046697.jpg (24KB, 276x280px) Image search: [Google]
1406973046697.jpg
24KB, 276x280px
>>45095392
>>
>>45069759
>26
>M
>Latino/Jewish
>>Why do you play RPGs?

I just kind of have fun with them. I really like the storytelling and improv perspective, and making characters is fun.
>>
>>45096158
It is nice but a hard life. And not many people.
>>
>>45096254
Do you play in mongolian settings?

Do you know any weird Mongolian traditions?
>>
>>45069759
Male
White
I take heaps of pleasure from story-telling, but take particular joy when it ends up in places I never planned for, thanks to both the randomness of dice and my friends' love of pushing boundaries.
>>
>>45096316
Why play in Mongolia setting? I just go outside.

Traditions are not weird for me.
>>
>19
>Male
>Black
>Why I play
It can be really fun if your playing with good people. They also present a unique outlet for creativity, that I feel like nothing else can really fill.
>>
>>45096355

Because you'll probably have a better grasp since is your native culture plus it seems as a nice setting to play in.

Weird for us westerners.
>>
>>45096417
I rather fantasy world exploring than outside.

What is weird to westerner? I have not ever meet one in my life. I am student in city not weird I think.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.