[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 47

File: Sigmar's Flight.jpg (168KB, 901x735px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar's Flight.jpg
168KB, 901x735px
>resources
pastebin.com/P7jvSR5p

Balance of Power? What the hell! Edition

Please kill Vandus.
>>
>>45052862
Why do people keep posting this goddamn Mattel toy like I'm supposed to be jealous of its quality and drop AoS to run to my nearest weeb outlet mall ninja shop and bring it home to put on my mantle with my Naruto headband and pocky stick collection

Your waifu is shit, anon, and I don't want to see her anymore
>>
>>45068239
Because it beats anything GW has done for AoS.
>>
>>45068287
Maybe you should go and play with your barbies then, if that's what you call good and fun to use.

It's nice to finally be on the other end of this:

I think you're on the wrong board, you're looking for /toy/
>>
File: Warlord USMC.jpg (198KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord USMC.jpg
198KB, 1000x675px
>>45068327
Nah, I don't actually like Ms. Weeaboo McWeeb, I just hate AoS more.

Now, painting up some Marines from Warlord, that's something I could get behind.
>>
>age of sigmar

But why?
>>
>>45068416
Because GW can't into market research.
>>
>>45068416
It's very simple.

1. Get a bunch of dominoes, number them all individually, then set them up in a big room.
2. Have everyone in the company spitball ideas and choose a number for each of their ideas.
3. Have everyone take a laser pointer, stand around the dominoes, then release a kitten into the room. Whichever dominoes get knocked over within a minute are the ideas that make up GW's business strategy for the next fiscal year.
>>
File: ngsnrthn.png (2MB, 1427x786px) Image search: [Google]
ngsnrthn.png
2MB, 1427x786px
I know I'm a little late on this, but has anybody else read the call of chaos short stories from the advent calendar? Some of them are pretty bland but generally they have been pretty good so far. I particularly liked the "Prodigal" Nurgle one
>>
File: 67f.jpg (54KB, 679x657px) Image search: [Google]
67f.jpg
54KB, 679x657px
>>45068512
>that art
>>
>>45068512
The one about the tzeentch lord and the nurgle dude's rivalry is really good.
>>
>>45068573
>The coughing at the end

pretty well written too, word choice etc was all decent quality. I just wish they were all like that
>>
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/5-big-spoilers-from-the-balance-of-power-campaign-book.html

Reminder that every sibgle update stars the Sigmarines, their Chaos enemy, and a special guest appearance.
>>
>>45068182
>"Even Ghal-Maraz has a fucking halo" edition
>>
I'm really liking the fyreslayers novel. It's quite depressing at times. I know that shouldn't be a positive, but somehow it is.
>>
File: Archy2.jpg (1MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Archy2.jpg
1MB, 1536x2000px
>>45068801
To be fair, the Stormcast are leading the revolution against the tyranny of Chaos from the forefront, so it's logical you will see more of them. The other Order, Death, and Destruction forces are in their hidy spots and strongholds. Their efforts to fight against Chaos are disorganized and pitiful.

It's up to the Stormcast to find them and rally them against the forces of Chaos before the legions of Varanspire mobilize in full force to crush them all.

On a side note, the next book will have Vandus HAMMERHAND vs Archaon Everchosen the Grand Marshall of ANIME.

Place your bets, gentlemen.
>>
>>45069958
There's no way I can bet against Archaon in that matchup.
>>
>>45069958
I place money on Vandus. I feel like I should place money on Archaon, but I feel like this could be a good chance for Archaon to have a defeat on his record.
>>
>>45069958
Has Archaon ever lost in this setting?
>>
>>45070124
Yes, at the start of the Clandestine Wars against Malerion. One of his few defeats. He learned from it and applied what he learned to conquer Ulgu.
>>
>>45070155
That's the only time he's ever been defeated, period. In the billions of years now he's been around.
SUCH a Sue.
>>
>>45070122
I think Vandus will die heroically damaging either Archaon or his mount.

Though, it will the last time we see Vandus. The Slayer of Kings will devour his soul.
>>
>>45069958
Khorgos Khul will interrupt them, not even the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse will kill his husbando
>>
>>45070316
>Archaon prepares to land the killing blow
>*CLANG*
>The Slayer of Kings is intercepted by a Reality Splitting Axe
>Archaon : What is the meaning of this?!
>Khorgos Khul : He is not yours to kill, Everchosen.
>Another CLANG resounds across the battlefield as both daemon blessed weapons crash against each other again.
>The shockwave sends both combatants back
>Khorgos Khul back flips to Vandus's side
>Khorgos Khul : Rise up, Hammerhand. You will not die today.
>Vandus rises on his feet and picks up his hammer
>Vandus Hammerhand : W..why are you doing this, Khul?
>Khorgos Khul : Ask not a question you already know the answer for, Hammerhand. After we finish with him, we will settle things between us once and for all.
>Archaon : How amusing. Come Warriors of Order and Chaos. Come and meet your deaths.
>Khorgos Khul and Vandus Hammerhand nod at each other and charge the Everchosen
>Cue Hype ANIME fight music

And this is why I love AoS.
>>
File: Vandus and Khorgus.png (803KB, 900x2410px) Image search: [Google]
Vandus and Khorgus.png
803KB, 900x2410px
>>45070587
>>
>>45068182
Is that actually AOS art?
It's quite a jump in quality from what we've been used to see.
>>
>>45070889
Only if it's a jump off a cliff.
>>
File: 1453529944066.png (3MB, 1536x846px) Image search: [Google]
1453529944066.png
3MB, 1536x846px
>>45070889
The art's a bit all over the place. Some of it's damn good (pic related is as good as anything GW's done, IMO), some is average and cartoony (a trend that started before the end times, admittedly), and some is goddamn derpy. Consequences of using third-party artists, I suppose.
>>
File: Pls stop.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Pls stop.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>TFW Archaon went from the best model GW ever made to something that actually hurts to look at
>>
>>45071129
The only really derpy things are the heads on the dragon. I want to take it and shove a good looking head on it.
>>
>>45071129
Remember when we were saying Nagash and the Glottkin were the most overdesigned things in nuGW shit? Yeah...
>>
>>45071035
I mean compared to AOS art I've been seeing on these threads, of course.

>>45071107
I agree, that is a good piece too.
>>
>>45071129
My god what a fag you are. Stop crying like a little bitch
>>
File: 99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>45071129
>TFW the greatest character for the Sigmarine is literally Sailor Sigmar
>>
>>45071129

He's now figuratively somebody's Deviantart OC Mary-Sue.
>>
File: morathi.jpg (2MB, 3508x1840px) Image search: [Google]
morathi.jpg
2MB, 3508x1840px
Master-elf when?
>>
>>45072098

Spot the pleb that preordered that abomination.
>>
>>45072333
It's top of the bestsellers page on the GW webstore. I don't understand it, but it seems pretty damn popular.
>>
>>45072109
He looks like a Gundam.
>>
>>45071129
It's kinda grown on me but I can't stand the skulls "bubbling" up from it's skin
>>
>>45072496
That doesn't mean anyone is buying it, it means they called it bestselling.
They put everything new there.
>>
>>45072813
Its an Abyssal with skin.
>>
>>45072849
I know, but the skulls just look like shit.
>>
>>45072898
That's what I mean, Abyssals weren't a very good design and by sticking skin on one they've made it much worse.
>>
>>45072496

ever noticed that their new stuff are always on the bestseller page?

go do the 1+1
>>
>>45072813

holy fuck I did not notice the awful skulls under his skin roflmao

what a truly shit sculpt, no wonder that shiteater carnac loves it
>>
>>45074169
The skulls and heads of the Stormcast Eternals represent Archaon's victims that he feed to Drogthar.

They will forever exist in torment within the daemonic abomination, forced to be witnesses to Archaon's unspeakable atrocities. Their cries of anguish barely heard over Archaon's dark laughter and the foot falls of the Chaos legions marching on to more conquests.

It's SO FREAKING METAL. But I guess plebs gotta pleb.
>>
>>45074329

at least you didn't say it's SO FREAKING ANIMU
>>
>>45074329
That's not really metal, or well thought out.
>>
File: 1397215143460.jpg (7KB, 233x198px) Image search: [Google]
1397215143460.jpg
7KB, 233x198px
>>45074146

yeah its like forge world whose best seller is a $2000 warlord titan
>>
>>45074413
Who the fuck even pays that kinda money for plastic models?
>>
>>45074466
Who pays $1500 for a skull fort?
>>
>>45074378
Only because I couldn't think of an anime that does that.

>>45074384
I disagree.

Archaon is like the commander and chief of the "Fuck You" Hell dimension. By having the soul bound skulls and helmets of his victims in full display for all to see, he is sending a message.

"Woe to the conquered. Woe for you, for you are next!"

Also

"FUCK YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR CHALLENGING THE RED EYED KING".

It's very fitting and METAL. I like it!
>>
>>45074552
But that's completely over the top and silly, and not that scary to be honest. It's like it's trying way too hard to be menacing, and it's not actually that menacing. Not to mention it's a shitty model that'll break in a stiff breeze.
>>
>>45074614
>It's like it's trying way too hard to be menacing, and it's not actually that menacing
>over the top and silly
Yep, pretty metal.
>>
>>45074653
So you admit it's silly and kinda stupid?
>>
>>45074614
Over the top and silly are not bad things. In fact, It's what Warhammer is made off. That's the thing about AoS. It has taken everything and turned the dials up to eleven. That's why AoS as a whole is more Warhammer than WHFB ever was.

I want things to go more over the top. I wants thing to get more ridiculous and extreme. AoS is here to deliver. I am at the edge waiting for the next threshold they are going to break. It's thrilling!

This might to be your cup of tea, and it's understandable. You are free to move over to more grounded settings like....40K.
>>
>>45074947
But AoS takes itself seriously.
>>
tfw you want to start Vampire Counts but then remember AOS happened and you're not so sure anymore
>>
>>45075021
If you have a WHFB group, go ahead and do it. Every time you play WHFB you're defying GW, which is a good thing in my book.

However, if you don't have a WHFB group, don't do it. Stay away from AoS at all costs.
>>
>>45074653

you have no idea about metal bro
>>
>>45074973
So did DBZ.

It didn't stop it from being over the top AND a good show.
>>
File: image.jpg (808KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
808KB, 1280x1280px
>>45074329
Not really.
Metal is more obvious when reliant on the concept, and vague only when shit doesn't matter. That looks like he's got skull warts.

See this? This is metal.
That's like goth glam.
>>
>>45074546
Some guy here bought it on launch day for his gaming community.
>>
>>45075129
I legit have like 200 black metal records
but I can admit it's often very silly and not as menacing as it thinks.
>>
>>45075135
But DBZ has likable characters, and a understandable human element. Nobody told us to just make the story up.

That, and DBZ is over the top, but not in a stupid way.
>>
>>45075064

That's the thing, 40K is the popular game around me, I don't know anyone who plays WHFB or AOS. Only recently I became interested in Fantasy despite being a 40K player for a decade. It just never really appealed to me but something just clicked earlier this month and suddenly I became interested. Maybe I'll just get some minis to paint.
>>
>>45075021
Use the minis to run Kings of War Undead. You can also use other manufacturer's undead to bulk out the force if you see something you really like.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 500x492px
>>45074653
Metal revels in its ludicrousness. Metal is about adrenaline, movement, rage, jubilation, mourning, glee, and the hypocrasy of others on display.

That's just posing for a picture. Its like My Chemical Romance, its pop punk that doesn't amount to anything but tune and noise.
>>
>>45075204
Ask people around your LGS(s) if they play, want to play, or know somebody who does.

Failing that, you could just get some minis to paint.
>>
>>45069807
In way its impressive. Not only has AoS devastated fantasy wargming but its even scaring people away from 40k.
>>
>>45074552
Having skulls randomly poking out of flesh is not the way to pass any sense of importance to the thing.
They do not appear as focal points and pass as bland fillers rather than symbolic details.

If the souls of the devoured that-have-no body-but-must-scream had to appear somewhere, it should have been as barely noticeable shadows forming a texture on the membranes of the wings, with the extended digits representing both the rays of the chaos star and the beams of a cage, as further immediatly recognized trophy, banner and crown of the everchosen and the slaved and submitted wills of his legions.

They should leave the stupid skulls to the stupid khorne stuff, that's a way more fitting place for over the top, supposedly metal, retardation and concept lazyness.
>>
>>45075189
>But DBZ has likable characters, and a understandable human element. Nobody told us to just make the story up.

It's just like you haven't read any AoS novel or campaign book.

AoS has a developing storyline and plenty of likeable characters who keep getting character development as the setting progresses.
>>
>>45075189
>but not in a stupid way.
I'll just politely disagree in the strongest possible manner, and say that in my own perspective Dragonball Z is Sonic the Hedgehog tier.

>>45074947
>It's what Warhammer is made off. That's the thing about AoS. It has taken everything and turned the dials up to eleven. That's why AoS as a whole is more Warhammer than WHFB ever was.
Objectively wrong, the actual creator of the game said the point was a historical wargame with Fantasy elements plus humor.

Age of Sigmar is humorless. There's nothing charming, satirical, or humorous about it. Its 100% played straight.
>>
>>45072098
Are you blind? The excess of detail and the painting style make it horrid to look at. His three buddies are the same.
>>
>>45075317
Ah yes, Ramgis the SigMarine, vanquisher of Chaos, hater of Chaos, foe of Chaos, keeper of the Holy Bridge, truly a character for the ages.
>>
>>45075307
This.

Like the Abyssal, is screams "we were told there can be no unused space so we had to put a detail here".
>>
>>45075380
No.

Gardus, Vandus, Tarus, and Thostos. These are swell characters that I genuinely like and root for despite me being a diehard Chaosfag.

You would too, if you read or listened to the audiobooks/novels. Start by lisyening to the Mannfred and Stormcast team-up audiobooks. Do it now!
>>
>>45075494
>Mannfred

Why would anyone willingly listen to anything regarding the single shittiest Warhammer character, including OCs?
>>
Why is the AoS community in so many places actively hostile to the whole concept of balance?

I have lost count of the number of times anybody who actually wants to have a vaguely fair game that is played to win for fun has been branded a WAAC powergamer.

When from what I have seen IRL those are the people most drawn to AoS.
>>
>>45075494
Oh, excuse me, I must have missed the character development that they had when they were trapped near the Rain of Corpses by the Gorefighters and Bloodwarriors.
>>
>>45075578
Because he has a sexy voice and also you get to listen to about 30 minutes of Nagash ranting about Sigma too.

Also the ending is pretty badass and manly teary
>>
>>45075494
I don't care about those characters, Sigmarines look like shit and have 0% appeal to me.

I want to read about MY factions, the ones I invested about $800 each in. The ones who's jobs are to be the offscreen sidekicks to that garbage.

When someone is pissed Ultramarines get all the attention, you don't tell them its their fault for not reading about the Ultramarines and finding them to be fascinating.
>>
>>45075586
Have you considered that this game isn't for you and that maybe its a game for faggots that want to have "balanced" through unbalanced eyeballing fun?
>>
Threadly reminder that this year is Age of Sigmars first Gamesday, and there aren't enough people playing it to show up and make it happen.

Are you ready to see less Age players than The Hobbit players?
>>
>>45075691
Have you considered that this is less of a competitive wargame than Checkers?
>>
>>45075675
What is your faction?

Fyreslayers got their story collection.

The Undead characters (Nagash, Mannfred, and Arkan) featured in the audiobook series. Also the Tomb Kings will have AoS stories written about them.
>>
>>45075586

Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>45070186
>That's the only time he's ever been defeated, period. In the billions of years now he's been around.
>SUCH a Sue.

It's said to be one of the few times he's lost in the mortal realms. That implies that there are more.
>>
>>45075754
This is bad why, exactly?
>>
>>45075805
Because a wargame should be fair, and this fairness should be quantifiable by some metric, such as gentlemen's agreement and historical limitations (Black Powder for example) or a points system.
>>
>>45075691
Crushing your opponent on turn 3 for no reason other than you both eyeballed it wrong is not 'fun' for anybody with a hint of sportsmanship.

>>45075805
Because contrary to the inane ramblings of GW fanboys balanced and competitive rules are objectively a good thing even for the fluffiest of hobby gamers. Poor rules do not make things more fun or more 'narrative'.
>>
File: zspeciserdent.png (503KB, 862x1266px) Image search: [Google]
zspeciserdent.png
503KB, 862x1266px
>>45068182
>Yfw The entire Skaven race became Chaos bottom bitch irrelevant jobbers.

Our named heroes are gone, just like everyone's soon enough.

WE BEASTMEN NAOW
>>
File: 1404069556867.jpg (24KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
1404069556867.jpg
24KB, 230x202px
>>45075925

You still have Thanquol... (probably) and the Verminlords.
>>
>>45075903
But talking to your opponent about what would make a fair game IS a gentleman's agreement. Why don't you do that?

>>45075915
Don't fool yourself, GW rules have never been good. At least this way I can use more than the FOTM netlist that ignores 3/4ths of an army (and some armies entirely).
>>
>>45076061
Because AoS is a fantasy game, not a historical one. If it was Black Powder, a block of riflemen are pretty much identical to another block of riflemen (same for cavalry), so me and my opponent could agree to bring 4 blocks of riflemen, 2 lines of cavalry, and 2 cannons, and we'd end up with a fairly balanced force. Or we could agree to recreate an historical battle.

AoS has infantry that can make stuff blow up, become invisible, or shoot mind bullets. So without a points system it's near impossible to balance.
>>
>>45076061
And how does that work for game night at the LGS? Its not even remotely practical for many people to bring their entire collection and spend time negotiating beforehand. Especially since people have wildly varying and often incompatible views about how powerful things are.

And pretending AoS only hurts netlisters is just dishonest and stupid.
>>
>>45075759
High Elves who aren't the faggot twins.
Ogre Maneaters.
Strigoi Vampires.
Slaanesh Daemons.

All factions that got the axe.
I won't read extensively about the only faction getting attention because there's nothing else.

I'm not paying for a book that has at best a fucking single chapter about another faction.

FUCK Sigmarines, FUCK Khorne, FUCK Nurgle, FUCK fireSkavenDwarves, and FUCK Nagash.
>>
>>45076231
>FUCK fireSkavenDwarves,

Nigga Skaven are in the exact same boat

>only exist to serve and build up Chaos warriors
>all their characters and shit gone
>all clans downplayed and essentially removed with no place in the mortal realms

Strigoi is essentially Clan Moulder tier right about now, but GW seems to love Manfred and Isabella so you have some hope. No one gives two shits about Throt and the like
>>
>>45076231
>Slaanesh Daemons.

...These guys went nowhere. They featured in the novels and BTs. The Lizardmen BT had a big battle between them and a horde of Slaaneshi daemons.

>Ogre Maneaters.

Ogors featured in the fluff (Call of Archaon series, for example). Wait for your faction BT to get your sub-faction.

>Strigoi Vampires.

Same thing here.

>High Elves who aren't the faggot twins.

The dwarfs got their stories with their BT. Just wait your turn. Tyrion and Teclis barely featured in anything yet.

Stop being impatient and buy the current novels to familiarize yourself with the setting so we don't get posts like "AoS doesn't have any characters!".
>>
>Archaon faces Thostos, Vandus and Bael
>Archaon is wounded but strikes down Vandus, destroying his soul with the Slayer of Kings
>He swats the other two aside as they attempt to shield Vandus' broken body
>The Celestant-Prime arrives and he and Archaon engage in a furious duel
>Archaon drives the Prime to his knees and brings down the Slayer of Kings as the Prime raises his sceptre
>The Sceptre shatters but the resultant force unmakes the Slayer of Kings and knocks the Crown of Domination from Archaon's head.
>With the last of his strength and taking advantage of Archaon's blindness the Celestant-Prime rises up and obliterates Archaon's head with Ghal Maraz.
>The Prime dies, his purpose done.
>A thunderous laugh resounds across the battlefield, and from the black sky of the Eight Points descends Be'lakor, the Dark Master
>He takes up the Crown of Domination for himself and announces that the true age of Chaos is now and the reign of darkness has come.
>But in far away Sigmarion, Sigmar sits upon his throne and gazes down upon a spot where suddenly lightning strikes.
>A tortured, emaciated form lays sprawled there.
>Sigmar is quite for a moment but then stands.
>"Diederick Kastner, we have work to do."

Get hype.
>>
File: Vermintide a shit.png (6MB, 1983x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Vermintide a shit.png
6MB, 1983x1333px
>>45076392
Pestlins featured a lot in the stories. I say in nearly all BTs and campaign books there were battles against Pestlins Skaven.

There is a warlord Skaven clan in the Josh Reyonlds series. I haven't read it thoroughly so I can't give a lot details.
>>
>>45076611
10/10 would kill for that to happen.
>>
File: 1450353460276.jpg (1MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1450353460276.jpg
1MB, 1536x2000px
>>45071129
>December
>Busy working. (I'm a storyboard artist for an animation studio). Little to no time to do things.
>Have my White Dwarf near my work station. Mom picks it up. She knows I like the hobby.
>'Anon, what's this? He looks pretty cool. Whoa, this guy's badass, though this dragon's doing all the work. He's not doing shit.'
>Christmas rolls around. Didn't ask for much, at that time where I'm pretty much satisfied with a game, some replacement clothes.
>See this box.
>It's Archaon.

I got mad because she didn't have to spend that money. But it has grown on me. It has a spot for me. Thing's fucking massive too. I just gotta green stuff the small gaps.
>>
>>45074947
Well I don't see golden-clad orangutan wizards, or rocket launchers that actually launch hammers, or chaos hounds with steampunk chainsaws in their mouths.
I don't see anything that suggests GW is trying to make a self-consciously silly and over-the-top product rather than a ridiculous attempt at a serious one.
They take themselves fucking seriously, and either do not realize how ridiculous they look in the process, or they do and just assume their playerbase will let them get away with it.
>>
>>45077207
Whoops. I forgot. I got mad, but I was still thankful. VERY thankful. I'm not that heartless. Shit.
>>
>>45076611
>Be'lakor, the Dark Master
>>He takes up the Crown of Domination for himself and announces that the true age of Chaos is now and the reign of darkness has come.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>45075651
So it was short?
>>
>>45076606
>Wait your turn
>Wait your turn
>Wait your turn
How about no.

One full year starring Sigfucks, just to be sidekicks to them in bit roles?

Fuck that.
>>
>>45077208
>golden-clad orangutan wizards, or rocket launchers that actually launch hammers, or chaos hounds with steampunk chainsaws in their mouths
What the hell are you on about? When did those happen?
>>
>>45077207
10/10 mom
>>
>>45075925
Oh please, Beast men got split into two factions and one unit was put in the generic Monsters of Chaos faction.

Skaven got 6 armies, 5 of the representing 5 skaven clan traditions/ethnicites while the last one is the equivalent of the Everchosen.

Skaven players got way too many toys with AoS and will receive a lot more units when their races get the BT upgrade.
>>
>>45077646
>i can't read: the post
>>
>>45077555
This. AoS needed to draw in all the OG players fast as fuck, it failed and it shows as the game is barely played anywhere.

Still shellshocked they hamfisted Space marines into the fantasy world, it's like they were actively trying to piss off everyone and make their game hated
>>
>>45077207

Do you even play/collect Chaos?
>>
>>45077646
>Well I don't see golden-clad orangutan wizards, or rocket launchers that actually launch hammers, or chaos hounds with steampunk chainsaws in their mouths.
>Don't see
>Don't
>n't
>>
>>45076231
For High-elves we just need to wait for the Aelf time to shine, that's all.
Ogres Maneaters should be the Gutburster tribe if I'm not wrong.
There are the Soulblight Vampires faction that will come, also the good guy vampire monks that turn into Varghulfs from the Nagash audiobooks.
Slaanesh Daemons are stuffed into Hosts of Slaanesh army.
>>
>>45077744
>>45077789
He implied AoS didn't have those things i.e. he implied oldhammer or 40k DID have those things, which I disputed. Learn2language.
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 865x1092px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 865x1092px
>>45077751
They don't even look that bad with their helmets off. Even passable as Bret peasant build.
Include a human male head, an elf head, a human female head, an orc head, and an undead head with the standard packs and shown alongside standard troops and we'd be shrugging.

But that army of samefags helmet look was the worst possible way to advertise it.
>>
>>45077791
The problem is every faction will get their lore only when the Stormcast or Khornates or Nagash-whatevers are there to bring the edge of the spotlight to them.

Everyone who isn't Sigmar, Nagash, or Khorne/Nurgle is a sidekick now. Not to mention Fyreslayers rape lore worse than Blizzard did to Warcraft.
>>
>>45077844

Not showing an stormcast eternal without his helmet in the art or on an official model was the blunder of the century (and don't tell me to go read a fucking book)
>>
>>45077842
No, he used an hyperbole to show which direction AOS should go to look like they're actually, intentionally trying to make an over-the-top, silly product that should be enjoyed for its over-the-top silliness.

And to be honest, WH40k has Joakero and marines with drills for fists, so it's not that far away.
>>
File: 1413660320163.png (110KB, 318x436px) Image search: [Google]
1413660320163.png
110KB, 318x436px
>>45077894

how do they rape lore when there is no lore to rape?
>>
>>45072098
typical AoS fan
>>
>>45077725
>Skaven got 6 armies, 5 of the representing 5 skaven clan traditions/ethnicites while the last one is the equivalent of the Everchosen.

Are we playing the game game m8?

First of all are you really trying to compare the Masterclan skaven to the Everchosen's formations and units? All fucking 3 models, 2 of them being unique heroes

And what armies are these pray tell. You know the new chaos book has one Skryre formation and it's dogshit because it's just forcing you to purchase a box of Stormfiends for each division.

>Skaven players got way too many toys with AoS

Fucking laughable you consider losing our special characters as getting new toys. Alright, that's enough.

I don't know who you're trying to shill too or what crazy alternate dimension you fell in from but you'll have little luck convincing Skaven players with this babble. We know the score, whereas you don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>45077842
Anon , he could have said AOS doesn't have those things without actually implying old fantasy or 40k have them instead. I can't see anywhere in that post him saying fantasy was only about being silly.
>>
>>45077894
It's Age of Sigmar, started by Sigmar sending the Stormcast down. They are a bit central to the development of the Realmgate Wars series. As the plot passes the Realmgate Wars and more armies begin to appear this should be significantly lesser.
>>
>>45076030
yeah thank god the moneylords are still around and still roughly $100
>>
>>45077985
Wow, where did the whole "AOS is good because you can play whatever you want!" go?
(I'm not making an argument against you anon, your post just highlighted this point)
>>
>>45078045
ONE YEAR, ONE FACTION.

YEAR TWO, 90% OF THAT FACTION.

When Ogres were introduced, they didn't star every fucking story. When Undead split, it wasn't a setting-shattering event.

Most of us were sick of the Stormcast Eternals when we first saw them, all but a few are sick of them now.
>>
>>45077985

>First of all are you really trying to compare the Masterclan skaven to the Everchosen's formations and units? All fucking 3 models, 2 of them being unique heroes

Both the Masterclan and the Everchosen are composed of elite units representing the core of their army. Masterclan has Thanquol and Skreech as unique characters, Grey Seers, Verminlords and the Screaming Bell.

>And what armies are these pray tell. You know the new chaos book has one Skryre formation and it's dogshit because it's just forcing you to purchase a box of Stormfiends for each division.
I think you're confusing battalions and armies. The new chaos book has 5 skaven factions/armies, besides the Masterclan, each representing a tradition that a Skaven clan might follow. Veminus are warlord clans of old, while the 4 great clans have been split into several clans.

>Fucking laughable you consider losing our special characters as getting new toys.
Special characters are boring when they are supposed to represent generic heroes. I like Warpfang much better.
>>
>>45078214
The ogres were never the protagonists or the starting faction of an entire setting.

I don't particularly favour the Stormcast Eternals and I'm eagerly waiting for something better, but I certainly understand why they are doing stuff like this and not the way you describe it.
>>
>>45078082
Yeah, exactly. Age of Sigmar is full of supposed synergy and options (Hurr USE ANYTHING GUYS), but it's all done to push sales and force you into certain playstyles.

Want your Skeletons to be worth using over Grave-gaurd? Fuck you unless of course you field a 30+ block and have a -Deathrattle- hero stand beside them! Yess, purchase that wight king you little goyim.

Want your weapon teams to survive at all? Haha, get fucked. Unless of course you field the ever popular Verminus Clawpack! You'll need 3 units of Clanrats have to buy a few extra teams though. Gee that Skaven battleforce sure looks tempting, Mm?

Want that Black orc formation don't you? Yeah, put those old school models to use you savvy old 'ard boy you. Oh by the way you'll need a Giant. what the fuck do giants have to do with Black orcs? Nothing at all! but we need to get 'em off the shelves somehow
>>
>>45078309
I was just waiting for you to pull the 'Verminlords are Masterclan' out your arse. This is like implying Nurgle got 4 new units in AoS just because Pestilens happen to have the Nurgle keyword. also notice the three pure Masterclan units are huge semi-unique models just awkwardly on their own. not at all comaprable to the Varangard or the 'undivided' style battalions.

You bringing up Verminus or Masterclan and pretending they are entire armies on their own is stupid. This is exactly how i know you don't even play Skaven, who the fuck just says 'I'm going to field only clanrats and stormvermin guys because Verminus' no one does this, and if you think people do then once again Limitation =/= more 'toys'

Finally, you couldn't miss the point of a special character any harder if you think a guy with a unique name, role, ability's, place in the world and backstory are all intended to result in 'Yeah this guy? he has one more wound than [generic hero] aaaand nothing much else'
>>
>>45078363
There shouldn't be a main faction. Period.
>>
>>45079322
They have to introduce the section somehow, and doing in a lot of factions would look disparate.
>>
>>45078678
Verminlord Warpseer and Skreech are specifically listed as Masterclan units. The other Verminlords seem to be the same indirectly.

Just because they have a few units right now doesn't mean they will maintain that same amount of units forever. By listing the skaven clan types as different factions they pretty much indicates they want to add more units to it. Adding 6 factions and considering the average size of a new armies to be around the same size as Fyreslayers, we can predict that there will likely be 16 different skaven units in the future.

Except some of these were used to replace the Generic Hero, like Skrolk and the Eternity Warden guy. And I don't see the Great Horned Rat intentionally keeping Skaven special characters immortal after the End Times(except Thanquol which TGH clearly favours for some reason).
>>
>>45079359
No, it would look like Fantasy rather than Age of Sigmarines.
>>
>>45068476
underrated post.
>>
are the wood elves still around? what are they doing in the lore now?
>>
>>45080452
I think you mean Wood Aelves.
>>
>>45080519
???????
>>
>>45080717
That's what GW is calling them now.
>>
>>45080717
Elves are Aelves.
>>
>>45080452
Here you go.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar
>>
>>45080740
>GW is calling them now.
Aelf Wanderer.

>>45080452
>are the wood elves still around? what are they doing in the lore now?
All elf/aelf/pointy ear are missing atm
>>
>>45068512

Is that one plaguebearer making the XD face?
>>
>>45071129
I'm a chaos guy and I got to say, that I don't mind archaon new armor but that mount is pretty retarded
>>
>>45080815
>Aelf Wanderer
u wot
>>
File: image.jpg (417KB, 1621x1058px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417KB, 1621x1058px
>>45074329
The fucking StormCast are more metal than this piece of shit.
>>
>>45078406
As a tomb king player, I have like 5 tomb princes and kings from fantasy. Why would I buy one? And if someone's new, they'd need an hq anyways, generally a lot less than in fantasy. Gw isn't Jewish because if this was fantasy he'd need to spend 200 dollars to field 1 block of 50 skeletons for them to be effective, as with aos you need only one character compared to the banner and hero and maybe Lord in fantasy. (unless you're making some op dearhstar blob that has a billion attacks and auto hits and wounds on 2, cough cough lizardmen) Aos is about making all units work in coherency, which is why every unit can go from okay to good with one character unit, while fantasy was about babysitting blocks of infantry with heroes and Lords and careful buff and item management
And 16 bucks for a character is cheap man, at least we don't spend 30 like the other guys
>>
>>45068239
>>45068327

If you really think that AoS shit looks better you must be 14 or something.

And it's AoS shit that looks more Naruto than that fig.
>>
>>45081703
>taste is objective
>>
>>45072109

It's worse.

It looks like some magical girl figure but instead of a girl you get a gorilla sized golden dude in the middle.

It reminds me of male Sailor Moon cosplayers.
>>
File: FIGURE-016315_01.jpg (102KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-016315_01.jpg
102KB, 800x558px
New Daemon Prince leaked.
>>
>>45081892

METAL AND/OR ANIMU AS FUCK. I LOVE IT.
>>
>>45081892
You show me where to buy this and I will unironically buy it and bring it to my FLGS.
>>
>>45081824
See>>45081763

>>45080824
Good catch XD

>>45080987
Aelf highborn, aelf exile, aelf wanderer.

All new pointy ears!?

>>45081053
>fantasy was about babysitting blocks of infantry

It is tactics!
>>
>>45082037

She's like 30cm tall. What are you going to use her for?

She also comes painted and costs about as much as varanguard. Sasuga GW.

And if AoS looked like this maybe some people would actually buy it.
>>
>>45083334
Probably would work as a Greater Demon of Slaanesh or a Giant, if nothing else.
>>
>>45083373
>Slaanesh ever getting another model
Lel.
>>
>>45083572
He/She will be back. Mark my words.
>>
>>45084954
Well, yeah.
We've achieved DC comics tier of nobody staying dead.
>>
>>45085042
Slaanesh is not dead, just missing. That was clear from the very beginning.
>>
>>45085075

Missing to be replaced by a generic shadow Chaos god.

Because Slaanesh trannies were not selling.
>>
Right, lets lets set this thread to more dwarvish standards.

ive got 10 longbears, 10 ironbreakers, 2 organ guns/cannons (interchangable barrels) and 16 warriros. how best to set up some or all of them, formation style for maximum efficiency?

the artillery close to cover so as to get 3+ saves on both the cannon and crew is a given.

but the rest?
>>
File: 0kartikeya.png (164KB, 530x358px) Image search: [Google]
0kartikeya.png
164KB, 530x358px
>>45081763
>>45083157
Guess what? Quality IS objective.

Example: this art >>45068512 is worse than this >>45081022 and this >>45071107

It's not that you're not allowed to like these models >>45071129 >>45072109, but their design is bad. The animu sigmarine looks like (=is) just another copy of the same digital model, posed weirdly, covered in inscriptions to make it 'oh so detailed', floating over a whirlwind of blocky spaghetti.

Look at this fucker's horse >>45071129 Tzeentch head and try to tell me it's good. Not to mention the other equally stupid and derpy heads, its blocky anatomy, its ridiculous pose, these z-shaped wing digits, the skulls that drib randomly from its skin ... It's bad, the design of the heads is bad, the fucking 'smooth but with atomized weirdly placed details and stupid transitions' surface is bad, the pose is bad.
Compare with pic related and tell me again that's a quality worth of the most ichonic piece of Chaos, if not of the whole setting (considering that the other worthy ones have been squatted).
>>
>>45085653

Hw/s or GW on Warriors/lb?
>>
>>45085653
Best use you can make of them is not AOS.
>>
>>45085685
pork off to another thread.

>>45085683
great weapons+shields on back. but whatever you prefer really, most players are layed back about wysiwyg here
>>
>>45085672
>Quality is objective, see my subjective opinions on these models proves it.
>>
>>45085697

I usually use hws on Warriors in small groups. Going for the +1 to wound with GW isn't effective if they all get killed before piling in. The Longbeards should be held in reserve so they can buff. I usually give them GW and have them charge in where they're needed most.

Ironbreakers ofc protect your war machines. In this force they'll be your biggest damage dealer.
>>
>>45085702
>Implying AOS design is not objectively bad
>>
>>45085742

sounds good, ive been thinking of formations, i can imagine an inverse V to work well for minimising the attacks against you while maximasing your own attacks, are there more usefull shaapes? (i can immagine an ironbreaker blob filled with longbeards in the middle might work for obvius reasons)
>>
>>45085672
Kartikeya has some godly details. The pic doesn't do it enough justice. Really should play with it more.
>>
>>45086087
My bro
>>
so who's been updating the big book of rules? I see a 2.2 with StormCast battleplans, do you plan on adding the ones from the Khorne Bloodbound, Seraphon, and Everchosen tomes?

A lot of people seem to be enjoying Clash Comp., & are looking forward to SCGT's FWIW . . .
>>
>>45080824
I originally saw him as fly eyes with a chaos mark on his face, now I see him XD rocking out with blue headphones, and the horn is now his gelled bieber hair

well done
>>
>>45085653
Your dwarves would get the most justice by not playing Age of Sigmar. Regiments of Renown does what it's trying to do, but 10 times better.
>>
>>45086059

Very basic stuff

-Generally, any time your models can reach the enemy, the enemy can reach you. Attacks with >1" range and shooting break this so watch out for that.

-Think less about formation(shape) and more about location.

-You want to screen your weaker or important units with fodder and plan engagements that give you a numerical advantage dice or models wise.

-Make weaker models fight against your stronger models on a small frontage to deny them attacks and vice versa; Don't let your Mobs get bottlenecked by superior troops.

-Use terrain to your advantage. Both for the cover save and for the special rules.

-Mobs can use damned terrain to sacrifice a couple weak models to gain advantage.

-Camping in deadly terrain makes enemy units take mortal wounds for charging you.

-Impassible terrain is great to block for artillery and bottleneck opponents and terrain that blocks line of sight is great for Grudge Throwers and other units that don't need los.
>>
File: 1445614994056.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445614994056.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>45077207
>though this dragon's doing all the work. He's not doing shit.
>>
So, I've asked this paricular question every now and then, but I am curious, is Slaanesh still alive? Any news?
>>
>>45089558
Still alive, still abducted by Elfbros Inc., and beaten to give up the elves. Still being sought by its followers. We don't know what's coming next, so we'll have to see. I for one am beginning to dread it, as I don't want skaven special char treatment for my elves - especially Alith Anar, that shooting reroll is too good to lose.
>>
>>45089640
>Still alive, still abducted by Elfbros Inc
Oh, ffs...
>We don't know what's coming next, so we'll have to see.
Do you know when we'll know what will happen next? :curious:
> I for one am beginning to dread it
I would as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 700x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 700x289px
>>45089666
This is a leak from the next update, links to it all is in the start of the thread somewhere.

It doesn't mean shit since we know the Slaaneshi are split in a civil war between loyalists and traitors who want to be the new Slaanesh so it could just be traitor legions (neither possible pun intended).
>>
>>45089640

You realize you can still use his warscroll right? That goes for all of the special characters.
>>
>>45089875
>This is a leak from the next update, links to it all is in the start of the thread somewhere.
Thank you for this sir and I would like to point out that it is quite rare that I end up at this page so I usually just ask the question (that I've previously asked) and then get out of the thread (because there is usually no answer to it).

>It doesn't mean shit since we know the Slaaneshi are split in a civil war between loyalists and traitors who want to be the new Slaanesh so it could just be traitor legions (neither possible pun intended).
Indeed. I am curious though because I have played that particular gods armies before (to clarify my position, in fantasy), and I admit I should have looked closer at OPs post if it is there.
>>
>>45089961
It isn't in OP, someone posted it further in the thread.

Here ya go.

http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.belloflostsouls.net%2F2016%2F01%2F5-big-spoilers-from-the-balance-of-power-campaign-book.html

We've mostly been complaining about how nothing happens onscreen unless Sigmar, Archaon, or Nagash is involved.
>>
>>45090047
>It isn't in OP, someone posted it further in the thread.
>Here ya go.
Thank you.

>We've mostly been complaining about how nothing happens onscreen unless Sigmar, Archaon, or Nagash is involved.
Hopefully the answer is soon here then. I don't even play Sigmar but I am curious in what direction they will take the game.

Again, thank you.
>>
PDF version of the Fyreslayer Battletome is up in the Mega

Reading though it the Grimwath Berserker isn't in any of the battalions even though its the Fyreslayers best unit, which sucks
>>
>>45091622

Thanks anon, been waiting for a pdf.
>>
File: 1453934252525.png (266KB, 797x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1453934252525.png
266KB, 797x1077px
>>45091622

Cool thanks

I hate everything about Age of Sigmar but I still check out the battletomes, novels, and audio dramas. Help.
>>
>>45092580
>I hate everything about Age of Sigmar but I still check out the battletomes, novels, and audio dramas. Help.
You are not alo-... No, you are sadly alone. Personally there are some, small, particular things that I am curious about in a "morbid" fashion. For instance, what happened to Slaanesh. Besides that though I really have no interest.
I never mention it though, I just did (?), and in the end I am happy really happy for people that enjoy "neo-Warhammer".
>>
>>45092696
Not him, but I'm watching because when/if Fantasy comes back it'll probably be the sequel to this.

They're not getting my money for any if it though.
>>
>>45093266
>Not him, but I'm watching because when/if Fantasy comes back it'll probably be the sequel to this.
Personally, sadly I don't think it will come back my friend. It is a bit sad isn't it? Even if it would, it would probably be a vastly different thing from the game that we grew up with (just see the name of the units these days (Sigmarines and Khorne whatever)).
>They're not getting my money for any if it though.
They should not and they will not get my money either. In the end though we are sadly the minority in this case. Warhammer Fantasy is sadly dead.
>>
>>45091622

That's fluffy. The Grimwrath Berserkers are Fyreslayers but they don't coordinate with them once a battle starts and their runes activate. They are consumed by the force of Grimnir's spirit.
>>
>>45093651
Yeah the Brokengyrd(OR WHATEVER HIS NAME WAS) guy in the Legends was pretty funny.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 343x235px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 343x235px
Reminder that there is giant rats larger than the Chaos Gods between the Realms.
>>
>>45094352
Presuming that that is not an artistic representation.
>>
>>45083572
>>45084954

One day, very soon, there will be a picture of an over-designed new Keeper of Secrets on the GW homepage. He will have eight tits and a giant erection and the caption right under the boner will say
>SLAANESH IS COMING
>>
>>45095471
Oh, its an autistic representation all right.

But in all seriousness, Skaven now apparently outnumber bacteria and greenskins thanks to Skavenblight existing on and between all planes.

At this point, they have a Skaven ecosystem where rats are Squigs.
Those giant rats are not alive, they're just what clouds look like in Age of Sigmar.

"Rat dick in morning, sailors take warning. Rat dick at night, Slaanesh's delight."
>>
>>45095510
I doubt it.

They'll go back to the bull head and squat Daemonettes and Beastmen by making Slaanesh the Chaos God of Beastmen. Also, fuckhuge overdesigned mirrored Roman theme.
>>
File: Untitled.png (447KB, 757x769px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
447KB, 757x769px
>Exalted Hero of Chaos
This'll go down well.

Nice to see the familiars back though, always thought they were neat.
>>
>>45095629
The bull keeper was fucking awesome, so that's not much of a problem.
>>
>>45097095

Well at least they brought the models back...
>>
File: Untitled2.png (1MB, 919x601px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
1MB, 919x601px
>>45094352
Just about legible version from the book's preview page.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 647x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 647x287px
>>45097095
This can't be real.
>>
Why do people play this? And I mean it, why play AoS when much better (and cheaper) games exist?
>>
Also, the Hellcannon has fallen into the Last Chance To Buy saloon.

Oh, and the sling upgrade pack for skavenslaves, but I doubt anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>45097328
Most people here don't, we're spurned Fantasy fans following the lore like watching a train crash montage, 40k fans who are worried about GW direction, and the odd interested individual.

Only a few actually like and play AoS, and most are the bitchy and overly defensive minority.
>>
>>45097379
I figured that next to nobody actually plays AoS period, let alone ITT.

But my question is, why do those who do?
>>
File: [Obvious Fear].jpg (67KB, 282x376px) Image search: [Google]
[Obvious Fear].jpg
67KB, 282x376px
>>45097095
>Exalted Hero of Chaos
>Exalted Hero
>Chaos
>>
>>45097328
>Why do people play this?

I just buy the models. The game is shit.
>>
>>45097497
>I just buy the models
>AoS models
>ever
>>
>>45097524
I think many are rather good.
>>
>>45097487
Hey, Undivided is canon again. Or all characters other than Archaon are generic, to be painted in the colors of theur master.

Oh, and at least there's still Slambo. He comes with a retinue.
>>45097524
He didn't say he was buying AoS models, I'd bet he's buying Fantasy secondhand.
>>
>>45097561
>Totes not Sanguinary Guard
>Naked Jewish Dwarves
>Blood(_____) and Gore(_____)
>good
>>
>>45097603
Not him, but the new Nurgles are good and I really liked the Mortarchs even if their mount was silly. Nagash was okay, not very fitting but not a bad model.

Also, you forgot the shitty Archaon.
>>
File: warmachine.png (2MB, 1218x1637px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine.png
2MB, 1218x1637px
>>45097328
Tried a few games, find the game fun. This is basically the main reason.

Can use my old models. I also like the way the models look on round bases.

Can build new armies without worrying about restrictions (i.e having to paint (and it's the painting that's a problem more than the money) more core than I want to).

It's what my local club plays for fantasy.

Haven't yet been persuaded by any competitors
>Warmahordes models don't press my buttons, (big bodies on little legs,) and the childish competitive drive (pic related) turns me off.
>Kings of War seems to favour the bullshit that annoyed me in old fantasy with manipulating exact angles - maybe it's more "tactical" but armies don't work like that, it feels like playing the game system rather than the scenario. The effective lack of a setting doesn't appeal either. Also with all the kickstarters Mantic run I can only assume they're either utterly incompetent with money or taking the piss.
>I'm waiting on 9th Age because it's still in flux, wouldn't want to build models a certain way then have the rules change on me.
>X-Wing (yeah, it's not fantasy but seems to come up a lot as a game people move to) just...doesn't seem that cheap. A single x-wing or tie fighter in the local store is £13.50. A flight of 3 is therefore around £40, and squadron is over £100. Maybe I've misunderstood the normal battle sizes, but I'm going on typical sizes from the old x-wing/tie fighter games.
>The one that I do want to get into is dystopian wars, specifically the naval stuff. But no-one near me plays it. :'(
>>
>>45097679
Dude, X-Wing is only like 3 ships unless you're running a TIE, Scyk, or Headhunter swarm.

Starter set+X-Wing single pack+Millenium Falcon=legit force.
Or Starter+Rebel Aces+any other ship.

The thing is, once you get your three you start eyeballing other ships, just because they're neat, and end up with like half the ships out.

But with self control? Game is like $100 for everything you'll need, and competitive.
>>
File: BW.jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
BW.jpg
135KB, 800x800px
>>45097603
>>Totes not Sanguinary Guard

I happen to like the Sanguinary Guard too. My personal favourite Stormcast is the Lord-Castellant

>>Naked Jewish Dwarves

Not such a fan of the Fyreslayers, but then I never really like Slayers of Dwarf models in general.

>>Blood(_____) and Gore(_____)

Naming conventions don't diminish a model's quality in my eyes. The Blood Warriors look very Khorne, which I dig, and the Bloodreavers are awesome and what I always wanted Marauders to be updated to be.

My biggest complaint against AoS miniatures is the up-size in scale, not bad in and of itself but still.
>>
>>45097679
The average game size in X-Wing is 100 points, anything above that is a whole different ruleset.

The average ship is 22 points, then you factor in upgrades.

You barely buy anything.
Check 1d4, its the best guide available and is one of the best articles the site has.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/X-Wing
>>
>>45097679
Why not historicals? Dozens of rule sets, all with varying engagement and mini scales+cheap minis that are produced by everybody and their mother. And if you don't have any players in your area, it's an easy sell.

Also, X-Wing is cheap as hell.
>>
>>45097895
>>45097754
Eh. I dunno. Like I say, maybe I'm stuck in thinking of the numbers of fighters you'd have in an average mission in the vidya, but 4-5 ships per side going at each other doesn't feel like a space battle in my mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x377px
>>45097895
The most expensive the basic game gets is a TIE swarm, 8 ships.

Starter=$40=2 TIE
TIE singles=$12x8=$96

That's if you buy online, it's a bit more buying from a FLGS.

But still, the most popular wargame on the market with >$150 entry.

Plus GW is salty as fuck about it, at an investors meeting someone suggested prepainted minis to compete with X-Wing and their head guy said "We sell models, not toys."
>>
>>45098163
That's the average dogfight size tho.
>>
>>45097188
>Not!Webway
>>
File: That guy drank the last soda.jpg (199KB, 991x851px) Image search: [Google]
That guy drank the last soda.jpg
199KB, 991x851px
I'm kind of curious if they're going to bring back human realms, like the Empire or Bretonnia, or is this just gonna be Herohammer 2.0
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 640x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 640x829px
>>45098163
Well, lets say you want to play an Epic game.
You get the starter, the really big ship for your faction, a regular big ship, and three more fighters (as much as was ever on the screen at once even in Return).

That's less than $200.

If you get fancy as fuck and buy a printed magnetized game mat, that's about $220. The entry price for the cheap Warhammer Fantasy armies.
>>
>>45098172
Aren't Rebel squadrons (armies?) much cheaper?
>>
>>45098231
You may see them next year, assisting the Sigmarines against Khorne. Sigmarines win, barely, but Chaos is content they'll win in the end.

Then, only plots about how Chaos is beating them offscreen.

Oh, and ALL characters will be renamed "Hero Of Mortals".
>>
>>45098231
They're gonna come back, but as a hollow shell of their former selves.
>>
>>45098231
There's "armies of Azyrheim", who have been said to march out after the stormcasts struck. But, we know basically nothing about them yet.

There are tiny human realms clinging on, or rebuilding as chaos gets pushed back, but probably nothing coherent enough to make an army out of.
>>
>>45098260
Depends, your choices on what to use matter more. "Fat" builds are just two ships, and all three factions can do them.

The aberage Rebel ship is worth more points, but only enough to mean maybe one or two less upgrades for them.

See, every ship has multiple pilots. So a stock TIE can range from 17 to 25 points without upgrades.
>>
>>45098353
>Bretonnians worship Sigmar
Should have just squatted us. It would have been dignified.

Also, we can turn the SJW on them because the entire setting is white only now.
>>
>>45098406
What even happened to Cathay and Araby?

It must suck when the apocalypse comes and the gods turn out to be some foreign buggers.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 1600x899px
>>45098357
My list two Force Awakens TIE Fighters from the Starter Set and two single packs.
Traitors ain't got shit on me.
>>
>>45098518
Araby was destroyed by Skaven, along with every other human nation in the west plus Nippon.
Daemons destroyed Ind.
Ogres and greenskins united under Grimgor, who rampaged Cathay.

A large chunk of Cathay in the north made it to the final day though.
>>
>>45098609
>Grimgor destroys Cathay
Unconventional, but I'll take it.
>>
>>45098406
Seems like everyone forgot the Bloodbound black character a while back.
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
>>45098353
>>45098406
You know I was sad to see Empire, Bretonnia and all the other human kingdoms go, but seeing what AoS has become, maybe for the best.

>>45098231
Honestly, if they did bring back the Empire/Bretonnia, they just stuck kissing the ass of the Sigmarines. Which is annoying, because what I liked about WHFB is that the humans didn't have a group of super human demi-gods to help them out. It was up to them alone who held back the darkness.

Now the only role normal humans play in AoS is to be killed by Chaos or turned into Sigmarines.

>>45098518
Dead, they just kinda got killed off screen.
>>
>>45098750
Not a culture.
Everyone is Anglo regardless of skin color.
They even remade Neferata as white.
>>
>>45098893
>anglo
Why do people use this term to describe people of western european descent? It's like calling all east asians 'Han'.
>>
>>45098893
Someone mentioned a while back that Arkhan had an accent.
There is also Barrascuna a kingdom that resisted the Age of Chaos that is not!mediterranean country, from Chaos advent stories.
Neferata is probably just a pale like, you know, a vampire.
>>
>>45099026
Because nobody likes PC names due to the fact they're fucking long.
Wanna know why nobody actually says "African American"? Because black is one syllable.

Han is the exception, because everyone is so used to typing Asian on the computer.
>>
>>45099072
Dead Arabs don't turn white.
>>
>>45099107
Is there a precedent for Arab Vampires?
>>
>>45099107
It is magic, necrophiliac one.

>>45098353
>There's "armies of Azyrheim", who have been said to march out after the stormcasts struck

Most of them are combat engineers, work under Lord-Castellant to build fortification, wizards and magma jetting rod involved.

In Hysh, there are Tyrion worshipping state, wearing peacock like color, and have a warmachine call "Luminark".

>>45097420
>>45097379
Seriously?
>>
>>45098406
>Also, we can turn the SJW on them because the entire setting is white only now.

What are SJW gonna do to GW?
Besides we've seen black Chaos people and black Stormcast too.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 600x620px
>>45099552
The normal Luminark?
>>
So I just checked the app - the old Wulfrik/Crom/Sigvald/Archaon rules are still there, under the header Warriors of Chaos, so they are still 100% useable. No new names either.
>>
File: 1283997329118.jpg (39KB, 323x297px) Image search: [Google]
1283997329118.jpg
39KB, 323x297px
>>45099846
>black Stormcast

You mean Stormcast wearing black armour?
>>
>>45100225

those horses are hnnnng

wish we got Empire knights on them.
>>
>>45100311
No, like a Nigger filled with lightning.
>>
>>45100308
And THIS shit has gotta be a mistake!?
>This kit contains sixteen Finecast Chaos Warriors, armed with Chaos hand weapons, halberds or greatblades. Supplied with sixteen Citadel 32mm Round bases.

They made the warriors finecast? I mean, they throw in halberds and greatweapons, love it, but failcast? Shit man...
>>
>>45099107
>>45099353
So your argument is vamprirism turns you white.

Seriously?
>>
>>45100396

where have we ever seen a stormcast eternal without his armour
>>
>>45099846
>What are SJW gonna do to GW?
Turn politicians against them.

SJW can ruin ANYTHING when they try.
>>
>>45097328

Because there's a local scene. I love Kings of War but no one fucking plays it. AoS is huge here in Calgary.
>>
>>45100491
GW doesn't even listen to it's own fanbase, they'll never listen to SJWs.
>>
>>45100470
The books.
>>
>>45100491
SJW only work by applying internet pressure.
GW absolutely does not care about the internet or PR.
>>
>>45100569
>>45100639

The damage SJW will cause doesn't have to be recognized by them.
Its to public perception.

Most people aren't aware of Warhammer, or Age of Sigmar. Making playing Games Workshop games socially unacceptable can really hurt their business, as the kids they seem to be marketing to won't be able to ask mum for a starter set.
>>
>>45100860
SJW have no traction with actual parents.
They are all bluster.
>>
>>45100937
SJW can get something on Fox News.
Fix won't be praised Games Orkchop.
>>
>>45100469
Yes.

https://www.google.pt/search?q=vampire&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjszvjs6NDKAhUDPRoKHR_2BCQQ_AUIBygB
>>
>>45100608
Which ones?
>>
>>45097663

there were no new nurgles in AoS

only flying golden homos, naked ground homos, and some retardedly overCADded khorne/undivided shit
>>
>>45098560
I really can't wait for the TIE/sf, what do you think the stats will be?
>>
Looks like GW mean business with AoS. Clearing out old minis means they're going to be replacing them with something. So... I wonder what.

Also, I was reading Firedorf book, and it had one of those stupid "insult the model you're fighting to get a bonus" thing on one of the models, which was odd as fuck. Plus the 'big' formation had a 'make up an oath and say it to your opponent', but the opponent can literally go "nah" over and over, meaning you're fucked. In short, it's a terrible formation with no benefit unless you're going to play multiple battles.

Jesus Christ GW.

Also, why the fuck does it go "If your models are equipped with throwing axes", what do you mean 'if'? Why wouldn't they be? They aren't a weapon variant, I'm just going to say they're equipped with it and be done with it. There is no modelling required. I just go "yup, they have them". Why is an option given when the option to take them costs nothing?

Unless the option to equip them WILL cost something. That's the odd thing. WHFB 1st Edition didn't have points iirc, 2nd didn't either. 3rd was the first 'proper' book.

Do you think GW might be making it seem 'fun' so people buy models, then go "lol nope, you gotta work out points and shit now" in a 2nd edition? Which then follows with more rules and shit?

I'm seeing this more and more to be WHFB for the 21st century.
>>
>>45095592
Skaven always outnumbered the Greenkin, you pleb.

It says so in their old WHFB army books. The most numrous race on the Old World.

Why do you people have a poor knowledge of the basics of fluff?
>>
Anyone bought balance of power book yet?
>>
>>45100860
playing GW games is already socially unacceptable

nerd
>>
>>45103972
>War Storm
>Chapter Eight
>Liberator-Prime Perun

‘How so?’ Perun removed his helmet and shook out a mane of dreadlocks. His skin was dark brown, eyes a piercing green. A native of some desert land, overthrown like all the others.
>>
>>45103972
>War Storm
>Chapter Five
>Lord-Celestant Thostos Bladestorm

Thostos removed his helmet. Underneath was a face framed by blond hair and a beard, square jawed and heavily featured beyond the norms of mortal men. His eyes alone seemed completely human, and only they had remained unchanged during his remaking. They were the same eyes that had once beheld Amcarsh in its dying days. But neither his eyes nor the sweat and dirt streaking his skin could hide the god-gifted power crackling within him
>>
>>45075182
http://youtu.be/TLXp0_NzF4w
>>
>>45106764
>>45106725
Doesn't Vandus remove his helmet in Gates of Azyr too?

Wardens of the Everqueen has been added to the Mega as well
>>
>>45107216
>listen to the audiobook
>Khornates are Russian accented
>Tzeentchian are Swedish accented
>Nurglites are Swedish and hill billy accented
>Undead are English

What is GW trying to say?
>>
>>45107216
I'm not sure. I should check.
>>
>>45107295
Khorne Russian thing is pretty much standard since kharn audios
The tzeentch has weird names so scandis probably suit it
Undead have time to learn proper pronunciation so English
>>
>>45107216
Call of archaon should be collected as 1 volume and labelled realmgate 4
Thanks for uploads
>>
>>45097679
I enjoy a game that's focused around competitive play but that seems so incredibly tryhard.

>how can we attract the MLG Halo audience?
>>
>>45107405
But the Brets and Warriors never took Albion, so that accent shouldn't exist.
Unless the Dorfs are Englishmen, and Nef learned it from the Dorfs she slaughtered in the Old World and made it a fad.
>>
>>45107607
You fucking autist
Why not complain they are speaking English instead of some fucking fantasy language
Kill yourself you piece of shit
>>
>>45107756
This is whats wrong with AoS.
Guys like this.

We try and discuss lore, and nofunallowed shows up.
>>
has anyone here bought the WoC start collecting set? do the warriors there have halberds/great weapons like they do in the new box?
>>
>>45107833
The WHFB thread is full of those, though.
>>
All things considered, it seems like Nagash is the best possible faction to end up in.
Chaos fucking destroyed Arkhan and Nagash but both are back. Meaning Chaos can't actually beat them.

You get true immortality, and Nagash isn't so bad a ruler either.
I think he beats out Nurgle.
>>
File: 1369607094882.jpg (53KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1369607094882.jpg
53KB, 704x396px
>>45107840
>do the warriors there have halberds/great weapons like they do in the new box?

woah they added the halberds and great weapons to the standard warrior set? Are they resin bits or plastic? They still sell those weapons seperate on the GW site.
>>
>>45107950
Nagash is cruel beyond measure.Outside of vampires, your only future is a mindless undead. Even vampires know that if Nagash wins, he will erase their free will that's why they always plot against him.

Also Nagash (un)lives as long as his realm endures. Archaon ultimate goal which is very close to complete ting is to drag all the realms into Realm of Chaos. There he will rule over them forever.
>>
File: RGWBalanceOfPowerENG_Slot1.jpg (400KB, 950x464px) Image search: [Google]
RGWBalanceOfPowerENG_Slot1.jpg
400KB, 950x464px
Who HYPE for more ANIME?
>>
>>45108099
>There he will rule over them forever.
That's not what would happen if the realms did get drawn into the realm of chaos. Archaon, of all people, knows better than that.
>>
>>45108161
That's exactly what's going to happen. In order to coax him to lead their armies again. the Chaos Gods promised him that anything he conquered in the Mortal Realms will belong solely to him. They failed to foresee and comprehend Archaon's monstrous ambition. Archaon won't carve a petty kingdom from the bits and pieces of the Mortal Realms. He will have it all.

The Chaos Gods know better than break their promise to Archaon. He would make their lives a living hell.
>>
>>45107988

the description says 'This kit contains sixteen Finecast Chaos Warriors, armed with Chaos hand weapons, halberds or greatblades. ', bu I don't see any halberds or great weapons on the sprues. In fact, the sprues seem to be the old plastic as well
>>
>>45108148

gtfo carnac
>>
>>45108262
Vandus HAMMERHAND vs Archaon EVERCHOSEN the Grand Marshall of ANIME.

Battle of the ages. This hour, next week on /AoS/ General.

HYPE GET, fgt.
>>
>>45108211
>Chaos gods
>Keeping their promises
Again, Archaon knows better than this.

>He would make their lives a living hell.
But how?
>>
>>45108328
>Again, Archaon knows better than this.

Dude, if you didn't read the fluff, don't comment on it. I tell you something that's right there in the fluff and your response is that i"it's not true"?

The Chaos Gods kept their promises to Archaon and when they don't, he takes what he was promised by force. He has the power to flip the Great Game of Chaos over their heads if he choices it.

>But how?

By marshalling his daemonic and mortal legions to war against the Chaos Gods, like he did in the Age of Myth. He was as much their enemy as he was their ally.
>>
>>45108424
He chooses*
>>
>>45108424
Fuck, I'm arguing with carnac, aren't I? I have read the fluff, but there's no point arguing with mr selective memory. I'm out.

"Archaon can beat all the chaos gods put together." HA HA HA HA HA. You stupid twat.
>>
>>45108424
>like he did in the Age of Myth.

Book and page, now.
>>
>>45108518
You are arguing with somebody who is right and you have no argument.

Remember that the Chaos Gods have failed to destroy Archaon in the Age of Myth and that Archaon warred against the Chaos Gods in that time.

If you read that fluff, then you wouldn't be asking stupid questions.
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3MB, 1333x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3MB, 1333x1021px
>>45108552
>Archaon, Destroyer of Worlds. During the Age of Myth, Archaon waged wars across countless realities. He fought both for and against all four Chaos Gods, desecrating worlds in their name before slaughtering the champions sent to kill him. To the Chaos Gods he was both a powerful asset and a monstrous inconvenience, the very embodiment of Chaos.

The White Dwarf that came out during the Everchosen pre-prder. See the quote above.

Seriously, would be swell to have a conversation with people knowledgeable of the lore. But I guess it's too much to ask.
>>
>>45108602
>The most successful and ruthless commander of the Age of Chaos was Archaon, the Everchosen. Known to many as the Three-Eyed King, he was the greatest of the mortal champions of the Dark Gods. Enemy armies fell before him like wheat before the scythe.

>Before the Daemon Wars – when the Chaos powers turned upon themselves – each of the Dark Gods demanded Archaon’s sole patronage. In refusing to choose a single deity, the Everchosen was forced to overcome each of the Chaos Gods’ wrath. Each power felt that if Archaon did not submit solely to them, then he must be destroyed lest he be lured into serving one of their brother-gods instead.

>Archaon overcame each of these trials, emerging stronger than ever. Tribes flocked to him, and from amongst them he plucked his champions. Archaon remained the foremost leader of mortal men – a master of countless hordes, and a commander of colossal beasts and monsters. Before his iron-armoured onslaught, the last bastions of the Realm of Light were swept away. It was Archaon who cast down the living idol that led the orruks of the Wildplains, and he that slaughtered the darkling beastfolk in the Realm ofShadow.

>In his wake, the Everchosen still planted the banners of each of the Chaos Gods, save only the Horned Rat, whom he disdained as unworthy. Archaon never doubted his vision of Chaos triumphant, of the Eight Realms merged into the Realm of Chaos, with himself as its overlord. It was his right.

>Ever fickle, the Chaos Gods eventually ceased in their efforts to slay Archaon. Khorne saw a warrior unbowed, a killer unmoved by politics or plotting. Nurgle saw a gifted corrupter – the swathes of destruction left by Archaon were fertile grounds for new plagues. Tzeentch – more suspicious than his brothers – saw in Archaon perhaps more than he had ever suspected. New gifts were bestowed upon Archaon, the Dark Gods once more anointing him Everchosen, demigod of Chaos.
>>
>>45108639
>None stand above Archaon in the hierarchy of Chaos save the Dark Gods themselves. Under his upraised blade the minions of Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh bow low, the multitudinous legions of Chaos united into a single terrifying entity intent on the destruction of the Mortal Realms.

>A dark vision of martial majesty and brutal strength. Archaon commands every creature of Chaos to walk, slither, or fly across the Mortal Realms. He is the Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse, a title bestowed upon him by the Dark Gods themselves. More than this, he is the Everchosen, the champion who bears the mark of all four gods combined and who, by his very existence, does what even they cannot: unite the armies of Chaos. Such is the ture and terrible power of this champion of champions.

>Archaon embodies not just the might of a single god, but all four. In him, the servants of each of the powers see their paragon. He is the blood-drenched axe of Khorne that harvests the skulls of empires. He is the perpetual plague of Nurgle, which infects the realms with its rampant corruption. He is the impossible grand scheme of Tzeentch, which twists and turns in upon itself. He is the murderous excess of Slaanesh that drives men into fits of terrifying madness and homicidal ecstasy.

If people aren't going to read the lore, then I guess I have to drag it here.
>>
>>45108656
>‘Here is a man who defies his own god, even while he serves him,’ it whispered. ‘Here is a man who is dedicated to Chaos, but to serve his own ends.’ The Many-Eyed Servant made a hideous sound which served it for laughter. ‘How Archaon will adore this one! How alike they are!’

-----------------------

>‘No one, and someone. I am the herald of Archaon. Go to him, fight for him. He will reward you. You hate the Lord of War. This is your chance to fight for something greater than a god.’

>I desire only revenge, thought Mir. I fight to live, so that I might become great in the eyes of Khorne and come into his presence. There I will offer up true worship, I will smite him down.

>‘As you wish, Ushkar Mir. Go to Archaon, in Shyish he awaits! Go toward the rising sun, there you shall find a gate amid the Arman Forests. It will take you to the Realm of Death! Go!’

Bits from "Call of Archaon".

Archaon is greater than any god!
>>
>>45108602
>>45108639
>>45108656
>>45108714
>He would make their lives a living hell
>monstrous inconvenience
>living hell
>inconvenience
Okay.

>he takes what he was promised by force.
>He has the power to flip the Great Game of Chaos over their heads if he choices it.
Nothing in your quotes says this. He's warred against the chaos gods, yes. Nothing in what you've quoted says he can win.
>>
>>45108099
Still better than what everyone else offers.
Besides, Khalida and probably other TK ain't so bad.
>>
>>45108148
No hype. Only hate.
>>
>>45108803
But he has won.

The Chaos Gods failed to destroy him. They fear that if he threw himself and his legions into the Great Game of Chaos, he would devastate the balance and flip it over.

Who is the one with the selective reading now?
>>
>>45108518
Well, he could beat GHR and Tzeentch is subSlann now.
>>
>>45108996
Big deal, they boot out the rat and balance is preserved.
Chaos Gods and their Game are sounding a lot like Keebs and theur Vortex these days.
>>
>>45108960
>Still better than what everyone else offers.

Why select a heartless tyrant when you can live as a freeman under any other god of Order?

You might as well sell yourself to Chaos while at it. At least they are not as much tyrannical as Nagash.
>>
>>45108148

Fuck off. This shit is more ridiculous than any anime.
>>
>>45109024
You cannot boot a Chaos God at out the Great Game. If it was easy, then the Chaos Gods, Khorne foremost, would have flung Slaanesh out a long time ago.

Also It wouldn't stop Archaon from ruining their game.
>>
>>45108996
Now you're just making things up.
>They fear that if he threw himself and his legions into the Great Game of Chaos, he would devastate the balance and flip it over.
I re-read your four posts of lore. There is nothing in any of your quotes that suggest they fear him in terms of disrupting the great game or that he could flip the balance (whatever that even means). They fear him dedicating himself to one god, true, but at that point he's not the everchosen any more and he doesn't command the united legions any more, so it's pretty moot. I'm not accusing you of selective reading here, you're literally coming up with stuff not said in your own quotes.

I get it. You like Archaon. I'm not denying that he's basically the biggest badass in the setting, he absolutely is. But he's still not all you make him out to be.
>>
>>45109164
>but at that point he's not the everchosen any more and he doesn't command the united legions any more, so it's pretty moot. I'm not accusing you of selective reading here, you're literally coming up with stuff not said in your own quotes.

Bullshit.

What does Varanspire legions, all of those multitudes of Chaos warriors and daemons follow above all? Archaon. They are loyal yo him above all. How do you think it was possible for him to war against the Chaos Gods with their own servants it it wasn't the case?

Also he dedicating himself and his legions towards one god over all overs would flip the Great Game. The armies of opposing Chaos Gods would be utterly crushed and the Chaos God will reign supreme..

It's the same deal with Abaddon in 40K (see picture related)
>>
>>45109285
Also if the Chaos Gods wanted him destroyed or punished for his transgressions, why didn't they simply withdraw their powers from him like they did with Be'lakor?

This implies inability on their part.
>>
>>45109029
Because Order loses and Archaon is a cunt. A bigger one than Nagash, who at least has ambition rather than being an edgemaster because reasons.

Nagash is Napoleon, Archaon is Pol Pot.
>>
>>45109549
Archaon doesn't want to reduce all existence into a grey wasteland where the only will that exists is Archaon's.

Nagash is Darkseod looking for the Anti-Life Equation. Archaon is a an evil version Conan who desires a daemonic multiversal empire from his Empty Throne.

Archaon by fault is less a dick than Nagash by the virture that he doesn't desire to extinguish the freewill of his followers. You can be yourself under Archaon's rule. Under Nagash? You are just an extension of his will.
>>
>>45109680
Archaon is by default*
>>
>>45109680
Nagash wants to rule, Archaon destroyed entire universes "because".
Genocide is worse than conquering.

Only the strongest survive under Archaon, and let's face it; if you're on 4chan, that isn't you.
>>
Another thing about Nagash. He is a pedophile and a notorious abuser of women.

Who would you support? The glorious Three Eyed King or a perverted
misogynist?
>>
>>45109757
>Only the strongest survive under Archaon, and let's face it; if you're on 4chan, that isn't you.

>projecting
>>
>>45109761
Archaon sipped wine while his men raped and murdered an Empire around him.
Being an accomplace to millions of rapes is worse than a single lolita affair.
>>
>>45109881
>Only the strongest survive under Archaon, and let's face it; if you're on 4chan, that isn't you.

I rather live as myself under Archain even for a short while, than serve Nagash forever as a mindless husk.
>>
>>45109929
I would rather eternity in gold than five minutes in blood.
>>
>>45109929
Archaon's faction is literally called "Slaves To Darkness".
>>
>>45109929
Shifting the goalposts lol
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>45107216
Any chance for the Wardens mobi too?
>>
>>45107216
I can't find it in the mega, only the ePub version. Which folder is the audiobook one?
>>
>>45110062

+1
>>
>>45097754

>X-Wing is cheap, because you only play 3 ships

No... Just no. >>45097679, you're absolutely right so don't listen to this man! X-Wing is the game of the most expensive, and hellish marketing system I have ever seen! Having said that, I have been playing GW for more than 20+ years, and GW market division looks like friendly folks when compared to Fantasy Flights elite economy division!

Heres how it works.
>Get ship A, but ship A is only good with cards from ship B and C. Buy those two ships as well, because ship C is also quite good, but you need duplicate cards from ship A, and two other cards from ship D. And to fix your fleet you also want ship E, but that takes cards from ship F and C.

This, basically is their marketing strategy, and it fucking works! Trust me, I gave X-wing a go, with a "ill try it on", and the players in this game are unreal! They will go through any length to maximize their fleet, and if you meet them without good load-up, you're fucked. You have to remember that this is a tournament game at its core, and many players play it just like that!

>>45097679

>Warmahordes......Childish

Dude, you're in an AoS thread. GW constructed AoS for kids, so they would have a good entryway in to the world of miniature wargaming. Besides, Warmahordes is a pretty fucking good game if you play it as intended (as a tournament game). Lots of tactics, and lots of list building.

>KoW

I'm with you on this. Seems like a good contender for the players who wanted square bases and keep on playing Warhammer. But thats just my problem, why not just keep rocking the edition of Warhammer you liked the most?
>>
>>45110009
I ain't shifted nothing. This has been the crux the of the debate.

>>45110007
Slaves with their minds and wills mostly intact. They can choose for themselves.

>>45109947
Too bad you lack the ability to appropriate it
>>
>>45110321
You clearly suck at X-Wing.
Min/maxing is a joke. The game is almost entirely skill.
>>
>>45110381
There is no free will in a Warhammer.
Unless you are a player in the Great Game, and are thus retarded, you are a slave or are doomed.

Nagash gives absolute immortality, but the rare few have free will.
Nurgle gives near immortality, but you lose all physical pleasures and are even more his slave if you end up on top.
Archaon offers the same as Khorne but short term since you're just another shmuck in his horde on his personal quest to give the finger to everything and everyone.
>>
>>45110381
appreciate it*
>>
I'm siding with Carnac on this one, mostly. I don't think the chaos gods fear him destroying them or their "balance". More they either don't want him to follow a single God or rebel against them for fear of being a pain in the ass to deal with, at least that's what the all sacred lore says. I actually kind of like where Archaon's motivations may be head though. If Archaon's wants a world ruled by men, no gods, no kings, then it would make sense to bring the Mortal Realms into the realm of Chaos. The chaos gods won't keep their promise, Archaon knows that, but what he can do with the Mortal Realms united with Chaos, is wage war on the gods from the heart of Chaos itself, thus creating a world ruled by mortal men.
>>
>>45110401

No its not. There are, like in any board games, do´s and don'ts', and X-wing concentrate on equipment, pilots and loadout to make the buck. Tactics is a great part of it, but the loadout can greatly change the outcome of a game, and real players know this.

You are clearly a retard for suggesting this in the first place, but most likely you're just one of those posers roaming /tg/ trying to engage in conversations regarding games you never actually play. So stop being a troll.
>>
>>45110537
I run a tourney, netlisting in X-Wing is a joke.
There's less effective and more effective, but no mandatory anything.
>>
>>45110503
Communism is always wrong, hippie.
>>
>>45110568

>make a troll comment
>get critique
>"yea well I'm like the guy who won that thing with the stuff you know, so you better watch it!"

gtfo you poser, you clearly haven't a clue on what your on about.
X-wing has a lot of skills in it, but to say thats everything just proves my point, you're a troll, and a bad one to boot.
>>
>>45110381
Unless someone posts the balance of power book I won't accept this bullshit - all the previous books show the truth that archaon is even more a cocksucker than that piece of shit bel'afail
>>
>>45110607
Yet you claim skill is nothing in your post, and it takes buying everything to be good.

Making you the faggot who has no clue.
>>
>>45110818

Are you unable to read? This, yet again, proves you must be a complete tard when it comes to this hobby. As you clearly haven't red my posts at all. I said nothing about skill not being a factor, in fact, I press that skill is indeed a factor, and that their marketing strategy lies in loadout of the ships.

Now you just look like a fail strawman, as you didn't even get the straws you picked right. So again, stop being a troll.
>>
>>45110479
Are you implying the Chaos Gods have free will?
>>
File: 1418353181229.jpg (12KB, 278x221px) Image search: [Google]
1418353181229.jpg
12KB, 278x221px
>>45110503

>Archaon is actually the good guy!
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.