[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Silver Skulls are one of five Space Marine Chapters in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: Silver_Skull-Clint_Langley.jpg (74KB, 608x922px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Skull-Clint_Langley.jpg
74KB, 608x922px
>The Silver Skulls are one of five Space Marine Chapters in a group referred to as the Manus Irae. This group is ordered by the High Lords to "Spare none and set a bloody, fearful example to the realm of Mankind" by cleansing the Malagantine Sector. The reasons remain to this day unknown to anyone, not even the Inquisition, with the knowledge hidden in the vaults of Terra.

What the hell could happen that was so terrible, that not even the Inqusition gets to know about it?
>>
Whenever I hear of events like this in 40k I feel like someone on some planet found out the truth about the Emperor being a rotting near-corpse and the High Lords purge that planet, all the planets around that planet, then all the planets in all the solar systems around that planet's solar system to make sure it doesn't get out.

A few billion to ensure the Imperium survives
>>
>>45053531
Well, the people there accidently the whole sector
>>
File: yo.jpg (61KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
61KB, 594x334px
"Yo, some dude was shit talkin and said you guys were a bunch of Iron Warriors successors. Crazy right? Still, probably better he keeps his mouth shut. Be a shame if he was to attract the wrong kinda attention with a mouth like that. You know?"
>>
File: 1449455359503.jpg (519KB, 966x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449455359503.jpg
519KB, 966x1200px
>>45053531
How could anyone, much less the Inquisition, not fucking know an ENTIRE SECTOR was purged?

Seriously, that's probably a couple dozen planets at minimum. The local Imperial Navy battlefleet would've most certainly gotten word out of something, or Rogue Traders, or standard merchant vessels, or even individual planetary astropath covens.

I mean, okay, I get it; it's 40k, you're not supposed to think about it too much. But honestly, unless all the astropaths and navigators in that sector had all their heads explode, and the Inquisitors in that sector were either wiped out along with the purge, killed beforehand by whatever beget the purge, or are keeping the information from their colleagues, there's no way the knowledge couldn't get out.

Actually, come to think of it, I could see that happening.

Nevermind. Carry on.
>>
>>45053531
Given their mandate, it was probably a rebellion of some nature.
>>
>>45053851
They obviously know the sector was purged, they just don't know the reason for it.
>>
>>45053851
The reasons are unknown, not the fact that it happened

It's still pretty 40k

"LET THIS PURGE BE AN EXAMPLE TO YOU ALL!"

"Shit, don't wanna get purged. What'd they do?"

"WE'RE NOT TELLING"
>>
>>45053851
Addendum: Taking that into account, that would be a pretty badass event to see greater details of, if my rant-laced speculation is accurate.

A terrible Warp-induced outbreak so devestating that it causes all the astropaths and navigators in the sector to either go insane, die, and/or turn into daemonspawn. The local Inquisitor forces attempt to investigate what they can, and are either wiped out by the massive Chaos incursion or caught in the crossfire of the 5,000~ Space Marines that were ordered crusade into the sector, along with literally anything else, untainted or no, because they had to make absolutely certain.

>>45053921
>>45053933
Yeah, but even then, I don't see how the information couldn't have gotten out unless the above were the case which, like I said, would be a pretty cool event to see unfold.
>>
>>45053933
They quite clearly weren't devoted to The Emperor enough
>>
>>45053644
Everyone knows the Emperor is interned on the golden throne though. It makes him more heroic in that he sacrificed himself for us all
>>
>>45053954
It's very possible an Inquisitor discovered something, reported it, and was purged along with the rest of the sector.

I mean an entire sector probably has multiple Inquisition teams working it at any given moment.

Hell, any hiveworld probably has a couple teams per Hive
>>
>>45053531
>Set a bloody, fearful example
>Nobody knows what the crime was

That aint clever.
>>
>>45053933
Yeah, that's actually insanely stupid.
>>
>>45054140
No one knows what the crime was, now. That doesn't mean that at the time it wasn't well known, and was later redacted as being seen as a, "weakness of the Imperium." The sections in the Inquisition codex on the Ordo Redactus and the Ordo Originatus show how the latter are searching the old records for ancient tools that the Imperium can use, while the former is constantly destroying all records to hide any possible examples of the Imperium's weaknesses.
>>
>>45053531
The Inquisition doesn't know because the High Lords want their own toy soldiers against the Inquisition so that they aren't at the mercy of the forces that they or other organizations control.

It's the same reason that Binary (the language, not the computer code we use today) is completely incomprehensible to the Inquisition, but regularly used by the Mechanicus.
>>
>The Great Exodus. After mysterious activity in the Argos system involving six Eldar Craftworlds, every primary star within sixty light years is extinguished. Nearly 12% of the Imperial population and 32% of the heavy industry is successfully evacuated. The ring of dead planets becomes a salvager's paradise and is now known as the Deadhenge.

Sounds like a great place for a Rogue Trader game. But what the hell could those Craftworlds have been doing?
>>
>>45054554
Pooling their resources to launch a massive joint psychic attack on the Celestial Orrery of the Necrons, knowing it is prophesized the Necrons will return to power very soon. They were able to wrest control away for just a few moments before the ancient Necron automated protocols overpowered them and pushed them out.

Sounds pretty good.
>>
>>45054554
Imagine how eerie vast cities plunged into eternal darkness under the dark stairless sky would look like.
>>
>>45053531
knowing BL the answer will inevitably turn out to be "some faggot did the usual chaos shit"
>>
>>45053933
Because it doesn't matter.
It's hard to say "don't summon daemons" when knowledge about them is a forbidden domain.
The message is simple - obey the will of Him on Terra offer face retribution
>>
Gotta be related to the Emperor. Like, I dunno, the people of the sector knew/shared some history with him, like maybe Emps was born here, or had some embarrasing event happen here, and the High Lords said "oh shit these guys could ruin our image/alibi" so they killed them
>>
>>45054190
Welcome to 40k. It pretends it's theme music is death metal. It's actually polka.
>>
>>45056569
Inquisitor shows up and there's some festival going on. Asks what's all the hubub.

>Oh! It's Emperor slipped on a banana peel here day!

Cut to a drunk and haggard looking inquisitor in tears making his report while holding a gun to his head
>>
File: we have failed the emperor.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
we have failed the emperor.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
>>45056874
>in tears making his report while holding a gun to his head
>>
File: ruin has come to our family.png (355KB, 499x565px) Image search: [Google]
ruin has come to our family.png
355KB, 499x565px
>>45056874
>>45056964
>>
>>45053933

Telling people what the victims did might inspire further similar acts. Same reason people brainwash evidence of Chaos instead of teaching how to fight against Chaos: any talk of Chaos risks more Chaos worship sprouting up.

You don't need to know what the executed did. If you know fuckers are running around lopping off heads "as an example" you double the fuck down and try extra hard to not mess up and get beheaded. You don't need to know what the beheaded guys did, just do what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>45057645
That's a good point. It's not like you get much of a choice in the Imperium on what you get to do, anyway - there's only one obvious good choice, working for the Emperor until you die.
>>
>>45057645
>Ask what they did
>Get executed for inquiring about heretical activities
>>
>>45053531
Silver skulls are Iron Warriors who defected and joined the Ultra Smurfs
>>
>>45057946
no, they're smurfs who (rightly) thought Warsmith Dantioch was a cool guy.
>>
>>45053531

>ordered by the High Lords
>unknown to anyone, not even the Inquisition

Right... so, the High Lords just kicked the Inquisitorial Delegate out of the High Lords for the duration of this?
I mean one of the High Lords is a member of the fucking Inquisition
>>
>>45058172
He was probably stabbed soon after giving the order.
>>
>>45053531
Kinda like the Pentarchy of Blood then?
>>
>>45053531
squats
>>
>>45056569
>emps not being born on Terra
cmon man, know your shit
>>
>>45058172
None of the High Lords even know what anybody's doing. You could slap the Fabricator-General in his fleshless, metallic face and he would probably just continue turning kids into robots or whatever.
>>
File: 140946778357635900.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
140946778357635900.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>45053933
this is actually a really good way to keep people in line and stop them from trying to play lawyer/word police

you let them know its the intent of your actions and trying to use some loophole in a laws language or doing something that is obviously wrong but not codified isnt going to save your ass
>>
>>45056681
DEATH POLKA
>>
File: 1441507826430.jpg (184KB, 892x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441507826430.jpg
184KB, 892x1000px
>>45061188
I see they're learning from that whole "no man may serve" sister of battle loophole
>>
File: Moloc.jpg (135KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
Moloc.jpg
135KB, 680x880px
>>45053531
I have no issue with this. What's the problem?
>>
A small force of inactivated Iron Men were found on a ruined stations deep within a planet and started wrecking shit once awakened and showed the Imperium the full power of Dark Age of Technology weaponry?

Silver Skulls sent to destroy these Iron Men and destroy the sector to totally ensure no more Iron Men can be awakened from other similar stations found on worlds in that sector?
>>
>>45061893
I actually like this. Wasn't there an attempt by /tg/ to make a Men of Iron faction for the 41st Millenium?
>>
>>45053531
>"Incoming Message from the Malagantine Sector my lords"
>"Fuck Skub."
>>
File: 1420699037709.jpg (30KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1420699037709.jpg
30KB, 300x299px
>>45061893
...did anyone check under their helmets when they came back?
>>
>>45061967
>Implying the Highlords aren't anti skub
>>
>>45061972
>Silver Skulls are actually Iron Men who have decided to serve mankind rather than murder fuck it to death.

But nah Silver Skulls have strange tatooing traditions and the like. Iron Men probably wouldn't do stuff like that even to try and fit in.
>>
>>45054079
S-s-something happened to our beloved emperor?
>>
REMEMBER: The Imperium of Man is an example of how things SHOULDN'T be.
>>
File: 1453754288567.jpg (293KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
1453754288567.jpg
293KB, 700x662px
>>45062215
That's a lot of heresy in one post there, friend of the imperium
>>
>>45054225
This is probably the most likely explanation.

Lets say there was an independence movement and rebellion. News of it would be suppressed, but Governors, IG commanders, and other important people would know, or hear whispers of it.

Then the Space Marines go in and exterminate an entire sector's population, root and stem. The example is sure as hell set. The rumored why is declared Heresy, and a good old fashioned purge is carried out. Anybody not purged dares not speak of it and the knowledge is lost to time.

Just think, of the 7 billion people on earth today, what percentage could tell you WHY the Athenians committed genocide at Melos? Now imagine if there was a worldwide, all reaching inquisition that actively suppressed that knowledge from then till now. How many then?
>>
>>45058172
Probably never told any fuckers afterwards; knowledge is power there's probably a fuck load of stuff that goes down in that room that never leaves that room; fuck there's plenty that goes on in the universe that never gets into that room.
>>
I am more inclined to believe it's related either to the necrons or a major warp related event
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.