[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your party have been transported to the world of Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: game-of-thrones-1-600x450.jpg (104KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-1-600x450.jpg
104KB, 600x450px
Your party have been transported to the world of Game of Thrones at about the time Ned Stark gets beheaded.

They know that winter is coming.

What do they do?
>>
>>45047129
Use all our gold to buy ourselves a comfortable home in Essos and wait until it all blows over.

Then, become Valyrian's part two.
>>
Head to bravos because of the regions stability
>>
>>45047129
Last party was a wizard who could blow up city blocks, a tank good enough to stall a dragon for some turns, a healer of comparable power to the wizard, a big big barbarian and an almost invisible thief. Considering how low-fantasy Westeros is, they should be pretty fine. The wizard can teleport and maintain the party with an extraplanar refuge spell, that actually takes them to a pretty comfortable house which is self-sustaining as long as the wizard keeps dumping magic in it, so even a world wide ice age with zombies wouldn't worry them too much. They'd get bored, though.
>>
>>45047181
Would magic continue to work? I assume because of the rules changing the wizard and the healer would both become useless.
>>
>>45047207
Only when the dragons return
>>
>>45047210
No, I mean the rules are totally different. Even with dragons around I don't think there were ever Vancian spell slingers running around. The Valyrians had a shitload of magic, but that involved shitloads of blood sacrifices IIRC.
>>
>>45047215
That's a fair enough point, looks like it back to good old fashioned poltes and leeching
>>
>>45047247
Yup. Planetos magic seems a bit more like alchemy, at least in the sense of it being "Get out what you put it in, with maybe a multiplicative effect."
>>
>>45047207
Assuming it would continue to work or it wouldn't would be equally arbitrary, don't you think?
>>
>>45047276
No. I think it's more arbitrary to think it would continue to work.

If I were transported to a world without gravity, I would bring gravity with me. I would now function in a gravity less fashion and would no longer be able to use technology that utilized gravity.
>>
RIFTS party takes over world with ease, winter or not. MDC bitches, even if magic is arbitrarily neutered everyone has at least a laser pistol.
>>
>>45047146
>Highest per capita concentration of murderers, both of the casual and hired variety
>Home to the world's most powerful bank, which routinely antagonizes every world power by making ill-advised loans and then trying to recover their toxic assets by lending even more money to usurpers even less likely to pay them back in full
>stable
>>
die in the next episode
>>
File: f848.jpg (65KB, 736x487px) Image search: [Google]
f848.jpg
65KB, 736x487px
>>45047129
My party is an air-assault regiment from a fantasy world's version of Vietnam, same tech and everything. We take turns playing different parts of the regiment every couple of sessions, so I guess it counts.

It Ain't Me starts playing.
>>
Is my homonculi still functioning?
>>
>>45047129
Go somewhere warm and wait the winter out.

Alternately, mercenary work. The Mountain may be big, but we'll see how tough him and his boys are after they get introduced to a fighter with great cleave, a warpriest that can call down fire and death while chanting about his god, and all the various other misfits in our merry band.
>>
>>45047346
For reasons of hilarity lets assume yes.
>>
>>45047129
Three MtG planeswalkers using D&D and a template for the Spark, accompanied by a surprisingly personable humanoid abomination with planeswalking powers, land in the world of ASOIAF?

We look around, decide there's nothing here worth investigating, and planeswalk out.
>>
>>45047301
You're not making a point here. We have no indication of either, and won't until I and George Martin sit at a table and come up with a canon decision of what would happen if characters from my setting would be transported into his.
>>
>>45047326
Compared to a war torn country with shit cunt leadership sound pretty safe for a paladin looking to clean shit up
>>
>>45047129
Watch the beheading and go somewhere warm.
>>
>>45047354
Good. I go around as a traveling band. Hopefully people enjoy a tiny flesh-angel that plays the lute. If not, she is an alchemist and Doctor, so she'll figure something out
>>
>>45047129
They would sacrifice everything to the dark gods. And rape the buildings for Slaanesh.
>>
>>45047345
>Lannisters and Stark armies are clashing
>Suddenly over the din of battle the steady thrum of a Huey is heard
>It Ain't Me echoes across the battlefield
>M60s open up firing on everyone
>Westeros now kneels to the lead spewing dragons and their riders
>It Ain't Me becomes National Anthem and all House Words change to the mottos of Vietnam era Special Forces divisions

Glorious
>>
>>45047129
Wish that I'd actually paid attention to the setting before.
>>
>>45047367
If you're looking for safety, why not the Summer Isles? They have the god of tits and wine
>>
>>45047129
>A bunch of gangsters from the Prohibition

It's all new opportunities, isn't it?
>>
>>45047416
House Animal Mother
Motto: "whatever they move or not"
>>
>>45047129

Stop the beheading. We take over the throne about 20 minutes later, replacing it with a Pentarchy to massive and unanimous public acclaim. Appoint Ned as our right hand. Send Ceresei off to the newly established Monastery to the UCS, assuming she didn't manage to do something pants on head incompetent and retarded, in which case we probably just toss her out on the street to ineffectually plot her revenge. We draft Joffery into the newly reorganized professional army which the Dawn is setting up in between nailing White Walkers up to the Wall as a warning to the other Rakasha. The Twilight starts work on setting up the groundwork for a Magical Industrial Revolution, while waiting for this girl who apparently has Dragons to show up so the two women can have a magic-off for control of them. She also starts planning a Working to fix the fucked up weather here the moment she attains Solar Circle Sorcery. The Zenith helps her with that in between making plans to go destroy slavery across the planet and fixing these peoples strange reluctance to worship the Incarnae. The Night kills off assholes like Little Finger and the Spider guy in between bouts of having PTSD, probably sets up some sort of Supernatural Martial Arts school as well. The Eclipse reorganizes the entire government in a proper way that her family and the Thousand Scales would approve of in-between bouts of giving the Twilight a hard rogering.
>>
>>45047416
The American Army went there

A show about American ultra nationalism and how awesome the military is.
>>
>>45047129
Kidnap Sansa Stark and plane shift back to our home world.
>>
>>45047129
Wild shape into a whale or something and ride it all out.
>>
>>45047691
>Sansa
>Not Margaery
You disappoint me.
>>
>>45047129
Considering my character wears a hightech armor largely impervious to medieval personal weapons and is a motherfucker as tall as Gregor Clegane he'd make a great knight should he be willing to bend the knee (unlikely). I imagine he'd move beyond the Wall to murderize some ice elves (because "Death to elves" is essentially his motto).

The Sword(sman) would probably go out to study local arcane traditions, preferably all of them and evetually go beyond the Shadow

The General... well, fuck if I know. He's an amazing commander and leader of men, but he'd be just as likely to just settle somewhere and live comfortably
>>
>>45047215
Sure, human magic a little more subtle than D&D's outright "Fuck you physics" but there's a lot of magic moving in from beyond the Wall
>>
File: Isenguard_Orc_army.jpg (127KB, 800x685px) Image search: [Google]
Isenguard_Orc_army.jpg
127KB, 800x685px
>>45047129
My fanwankest thought about SoIF is as follows:
What if Isengarud's 10,000 were transported into westros Siege machines, warg outriders and all? How much shit could they fuck? what fortifications could withstand their fury?

Assuming they stay cohesive as an army of course.
>>
>>45047937
Considering Renly's army was about 40000... A lot. Though Westeros has stupid fortifications with insanely high and impossibly sturdy walls
>>
If it's my shadowrun party, we probably just fuck around after taking over a small part of the nearest city and force them to bring us high quality alcohol all of the time.
>>
>>45047956
Yeah, I was also thinking of how professional and bloodthirsty the Urk-Hai are. Their moral seems more resolute than most humans, And they all average around 6 feet or more, with fuck off thick armour. Their pike formations would wreck any knight charge and massed crossbow fire is hard to take. THough they have only a few bombs, they still have explosive devices, all they need is a good place to stash them.
>>
>>45047657
This is literally what I was going to say LOL. I'd only have a couple minor differences. My Twilight PC would be living in the Maesters citadel library squeeing like a schoolgirl about all the new books.
My Dawn would just be wandering around drunk of his ass north of the wall screaming at trees to fight him like a man and kicking the faces off any white walkers he encounters.
The eclipse would have married Cercei, ranged "accidents" for her male children, and then rapid fire negotiation would respin a web of marriages and alliances in a matter of weeks that would present a unified force to go north.
Where they'd see a smoking wasteland devoid of life with the dawn passed out drunk in a the last tree north of the wall.
The night would never have been visible, but a lot of troublesome folks would have developed mysterious iron allergies.
>>
>>45047129
Kill the witches before they turn this planet into a daemon world then call Explorator fleet.
>>
Here's what would happen to my superhero group.
>Powerhouse stops the executioner right as he's about to behead Ned.
>Battlesuit punches Jeoffrey, because fuck him
>Green Arrow instagibbs Cersei and/or any guards that are coming our way
>Electricman just fries all the baddies along with GA
And then we save the day! Put Ned back into power and help him out as best as we can. GA will probably find a way to make Jeoffrey "disappear" and we'll kick the frozen people back to ice-age, saving everyone. Again. Jeoffrey, Cersei and every other baddie will eventually come back and we will have to fight them all over again. Because that's what heroes do.
>>
>>45047826
>Considering my character wears a hightech armor largely impervious to medieval personal weapons and is a motherfucker as tall as Gregor Clegane he'd make a great knight should he be willing to bend the knee (unlikely). I imagine he'd move beyond the Wall to murderize some ice elves (because "Death to elves" is essentially his motto).
You know, I just realized that this guy:
1) Wears hightech armor
2) Hates elves
3) Shoots lazers from his arms (didn't mention in the original post)
is way too much like Pelinal
>>
>>45047129
Kill the King's Guard and publically rape, then kill, that king kid, whatisface. The one who kills Ned Stark. Joffrey I think. Do it after I kill all his men.
>>
File: pelinal robot.jpg (112KB, 729x1593px) Image search: [Google]
pelinal robot.jpg
112KB, 729x1593px
>>45048332
>>
>>45048435
Well, he actually is not a robot... but a kind of a cyborg-god-man-thing. Good enough difference, rigth?
>>
>>45047345
>It Ain't Me
You mean Fortunate Son?
>>
>>45047129

Head to Dorne and get hired on as bodyguards for Quentyn. Get that muthafuka to the church on time.
>>
>>45047345
What system are you using?
>>
>>45047416
It ain't me?... wat?
>>
>>45048706
It's a /tv/ meme

About how vietnam war movies feature the song fortunate son by the CCR. One line of the song is repeated "It aint me, it aint me, I aint no fortunate son oh no no"
>>
>>45047129
Where are we? Who the fuck is that? Well duh, it's Autumn.
Honestly they'd all be clueless unless you also magically gave them more knowledge. They know about [spoilers]Eberron[/spoilers] not Westeros.
>>
>>45049530
Is it a meme to call the song "it aint me" instead of "fortunate son"? Nice meme /tv/
>>
>>45050493
Yeah, /tv/ used up all it's meme creation powers on baneposting and prequel memes. Anything new they produce is just really shit.
>>
Capture it for chaos.
>>
>>45047129
Find Arya and/or Sansa and touch her/them inappropriately.
>>
>Star Wars KOTOR campaign
>Party consists of two Jedi, a renegade Red Sith, a walking arsenal of a Hutt and a Chiss slicer/gambler/scoundrel and her pet droid dogs
>All bar the Chiss are Force-sensitive and pack lightsabers as well as some other weapons, and most wear cortosis-alloy armour that can take lightsaber hits, let alone anything from a low-tech world like this

Peace is going to happen even if we have to blast, cleave, rip apart or otherwise kill most of the population to get it. Maybe we'll call Admiral Onasi in to help, although we've already driven the poor bastard to drink over the course of the campaign
>>
>>45047129
I don't know about the rest, but my Tzimisce flesh shaper would probably bro it up with the Others.
>>
>>45048515
it's a very bad joke anon where you say "x" starts playing where x is the most commonly known part and not the actual song name
>>
>>45047129
>!Isaac Clarke has PTSD flashbacks of the time he was stranded in an Antarctic outpost and fighting off the living dead, tries to juryrig some anti-Walker tools once he regains his composure.
>Drunken brawler gets hammered and looks for a way to stud his brass knuckles with obsidian
>Con man ditches and goes back to conning people out of their money
>>
>>45048639
my nigga. That and force him, Arianne, and Doran to have a family dinner and talk shit out before he goes.
>>
>>45047129
>What do they do?
Margaery Tyrell
>>
>>45054982
They'd have to make an appointment first, she books up pretty quick
>>
File: 1445400655290.gif (208KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1445400655290.gif
208KB, 500x476px
>Paladin that is basically St Olga of Kiev
>A half-orc knight with insane CON and STR and an axe to grind against corrupt authority figures
>Vampire sorceress with ambition to take over the world all of the drive, wroth and carefully directed cruelty. But holy shit is she honest and demands honest of others

It would end with the undead turbo-bitch on the Iron Throne, St Olga as military leader and orc-bro as Olga's body guard.

Turbo-bitch needs no bodyguard because she is turbo-bitch.

There would be a trail of bodies like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>45054991
>Gun mage w/ 2 x dual magelocks.
Don't need to wait my turn.
>>
Shadowrun team of kung fu hacker, dragon mage and dwarf shaman just fuck off to the cadath to cuddle cats.
>>
what do you think about theories with Roose being a mileenia old skinchanger and Children of the forest are controled by telepatci aliens?
>>
As soon as we hear that the horrible world ending event is coming from the north we go to the north to see how to kill it,

Probably will fuck a bit in King's landing, discover that people hate our sheningas, and king don't like to be refered as "hey you". Seeing such opposition we decide DM doesn't want us here and we fuck off to the north.
>>
Nothing untill someone gives us a quest.
>>
>>45047129
Probably defile Ned's corpse if I am to be honest.
>>
File: 0CFF3B9.gif (947KB, 345x502px) Image search: [Google]
0CFF3B9.gif
947KB, 345x502px
>>45054982
good choice.
>>
doing a poo lads
>>
>>45047129
Summer Isles. This is the only proper response.
>>
First, we stop the execution.

Second, reconcile the houses and unify them under out banner.

Then we find out how Walkers fair against light sabres.
>>
>>45047657
>The Twilight
>fucking Exalted

What's the point, there's no challenge here.

The fun only starts when everyone in your party brings a catastrophe even greater in magnitude than what GRRMartini had thought of.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.