[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

File: BtvS-tbg.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BtvS-tbg.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
Board Game General (bgg): Don't Bitch About Namefags Edition.

Last thread: >>44975934
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/V9c2a6wU

> Any book/series/anime franchise you'd like to see a board game version of?
> What was your latest session like?
> Favorite games in your collection for X number of players?
>>
File: pic2842451.jpg (164KB, 618x634px) Image search: [Google]
pic2842451.jpg
164KB, 618x634px
There seems to be a lot of going on when it comes to board games based on fantasy franchises. Dresden Files is getting a card game, Mistborn a board game, ASoIaF already has a board game and a card game, Discword has several ones as does Lord or the Rings and Harry Potter (none good though, I think), Dune has an OOP game, The Witcher has a RPG and a board game (the latter being based on the game not the novel, though) What's more?

As for my wishes:

I think the setting from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera would fit nicely to a 4X game, or a grand strategy game. Same deal with Edding's Elenium and Tamuli setting.

The Gentlemen Bastards setting would be a nice setting for a "hidden objective game" like Discword: Ankh-Morpok.
>>
>Any book/series/anime franchise you'd like to see a board game version of?

The Road? Wheel of Time could always use more love.

>What was your latest session like?

Back to back to back to back sessions of Dungeonquest, I dropped out after the second game due to burn out, but a bunch of people wanted to keep going so I just left it set up and away they went.

>Favorite games in your collection for X number of players?

>1P - None, I game for the socializing. There's a staggering amount of more productive things I'd rather do like carpentry and misc crafting instead of playing a board game by myself
>2P - Mage Wars, Summoner Wars, Rum and Bones, Xenoshyft
>2P+ - Nueroshima, Thunderstone, Nightfall
>4P - Rise of the Kage
>4P+ - Talisman, Dungeonquest, Arcadia Quest, Chaos in the Old World, Gears of War
>6P+ - Cards Against Humanity
>>
Do bande dessinée count? Because a co-op Lucky Luke game where you plat The Dalton Brothers trying to rob the stagecoach without getting caught by Lucky Luke would be amazing.
Epic Spell Wars (good fun, but one guy kept putting spells in the wrong order, despite being told at least three times he was doing it wrong), Guillotine (excellent as always), Word Whimsy (the perfect CAH replacement) and Built It Up! (interesting block stacking game, with plenty of ways to screw people over)
2p - Hamsterolle, Ankh Morpork, Carcassonne
3p - Gemblo, Forbidden Island, Carcassonne
4p - Flash Point, Ankh Morpork, Carcassonne
5+ - Saboteur, Shadow Hunters, One Night Ultimate Werewolf
>>
>>45046785
Suspicious absence of Ankh Morpok at 3.
>>
Anyone have any experience with Space Alert? I've been told it's just about the best board game ever.
>>
Most of my fetishes are pretty well catered to, outsude of vidya stuff.
And I don't think Tribes would translate very well to a boardgame.
Maybe Command & Conquer.
Teaching some kids The Duke, King of Tokyo, and Summoner Wars. Was okay.
1: Mage Knight
2: Netrunner
3: Chaosmos
4: Twilight Imperium
5: Kemet
6: Rex
7+: Mafia De Cuba / some other social game
10+: Two Rooms and a Boom

>>45046508
>Dresden Files is getting a card game.
Will it some with a tiny James Marsters to narrate your plays?

>>45048025
It's pretty fun and tense. For a co-op, anyways. Best board game ever is pretty hyperbolic.
I like Space Cadet: Dice Duels better for realtime team-based spaceship fightan chaos because I can milk some competition/schadenfreude out of it.
But at some point you might as well just be playing Artemis.
>>
File: Faraway Dawn.png (430KB, 1007x697px) Image search: [Google]
Faraway Dawn.png
430KB, 1007x697px
>>45045660
Other than pic related, probably something related to the Shannara or Landover series by Terry Brooks in the vein of Middle Earth Quest. Unlikely, but eh.

3 hours of stressful Cold War decision making.

>1 - 2p: Twilight Struggle
>2p: Jaipur
>2p+: Wings of War, Memoir 44
>4p+: Mysterium, EFTAIOS
>5p: Fury of Dracula maybe? Haven't tried it yet, probably going to like it though.
>6p+: Codenames
>>
>Board Gams version of non-board game
FTL: Faster Than Light would make a pretty cool Co-Op survival game or Fleet wargame.
Board game, tabletop, or anything Disgaea would be lovely, but I'm not certain it would translate well. Makai Kingdom might work at low level.
>Latest session
Played my second game of Twilight Imperium over the course of 6 hours and didn't even finish. I love the game, but it's high complexity and the refusal of my players to let me explain rules makes turns take far longer than they should.
>Favorite game for X players
4: Battlestar Galactica
5: Resistance
6: Twilight Imperium
I don't own enough games.
>>
>>45049005
>Twilight Imperium
i feel your pain
steevs advice to keep player numbers and galaxy size small helped out a lot for my friends but if they cant learn the rules thats a totally different problem
>>

It would be cool to see a newer Tintin board game. Maybe some kind of adventure/mytery/secret objective game. Otherwise, there is already a Might and Magic game, so I'm covered there.

Played some forgettable mundane stuff followed by two rounds of Manila. Fun little game.

Not sure I'm into all the games I own, but I really enjoy Race for the Galaxy. Too bad a lot of my friends are unable/unwilling to grasp how to play the game.

inb4 Roll for the Galaxy. Fuck dice games. Nobody ever had fun playing a dice game.
>>
>>45045660
Not really 2bh. That said, STEEV might be onto something with:
>>45048497
>Command & Conquer
C&C-themed grand strategy game with stuff like tech and hidden orders/actions/units or whatever could actually be pretty damn cool. C&C1 was the 2nd RTS I ever played, and it was glorious.

4-player CitOW, thanks to the Old World cards I managed to win as Slaanesh.

1 - N/A
2 - Twilight Struggle
3 - Triumph&Tragedy
4 - Chaos in the Old World
5 - Mare Nostrum (not actually in my collection, but rather game groups combined collection...)
6 - Dominant Species
7 - Struggle of Empires
7+ - Don't have any games that size that I'd want to play again.
>>
>>45049551
>C&C Strategy game.
Could be done. EA owns Crysis, and were willing to let some germans have a go at kickstarting a boardgame for that last year.
>>
>>45046970
Oooh... I never thought of that. In my defence, I've only played it once with three players
>>45049331
Hell, if Blake & Mortimer could get their own board game, I don't see why Tintin shouldn't.
>>
File: haddock.gif (32KB, 280x281px) Image search: [Google]
haddock.gif
32KB, 280x281px
>>45050377
Tintin got one ~20 years ago. I would just hope it might get something a bit more updated.
>Blake and Mortimer
Such a poor man's Tintin. A decent little graphic novel in its own right but it pales so much in comparison to Herge's work.
>>
>>45050499
Huh... I thought there'd be some cash-grab nonsense when the Spielberg movie came out. And yeah, Blake & Mortimer isn't quite as good. I'd like it more, if it weren't for les parois du texte.
>>
>>45050586
They made a video game when the Spielberg film came out. That was it. The film was alright, but I felt like it deviated a bit I was hoping for a bit more of a faithful recreation of the books, not a mashup of several that didn't really have anything to do with each other.
>>
File: co-related games2.png (6MB, 1040x3642px) Image search: [Google]
co-related games2.png
6MB, 1040x3642px
>>45051544
There was a console game and a mobile game; interestingly, the mobile game was apparently really good.

On a related note, what good apps are there for board games?
>>
>>45045660
None that I can think of.

Pretty good, just chillin with family playing some card games like Love Letter and Coup.

1p: none
2p: Netrunner
3p: Something I've yet to find and purchase
4p: Forbidden Stars
5p: Cosmic Encounter
6p: never had this many players or more
>>
Does anyone have an informed opinion of 'Sword & Sorcery'?
My other dungeon crawler is Shadows of Brimstone
>>
>>45052324
Only played Talisman heh, Catan, and Ascension as apps. The benefit of apps is that I can play for a bit until I get bored, then just walk away and do something else without leaving my group like a dick midgame.
>>
>>45049005
It's funny you say that, as FTL was originally going to be a board game but the developers changed their mind and went Vidya half way through development
>>
>>45045660
Garth Nix's Old Kingdom Trilogy. I'd love to see a game board where you have abhorsens, charter mages, free magic creatures/necromancers, and then ways to go into death and walk there. It would probably need two boards. My only complaint would be if they made it strictly follow the books with some weird scenarios thing or even force you to use Sabriel/Lirael/etc. They're great characters, but I'm thinking more of an adventure game.

Descent 2e. We got bored halfway through and didn't return to the game. On Tabletop sim, our recent session was Yu Gi Oh Dice Masters (not Dungeon Dice Monsters) and it was surprisingly fun. It's a sort of "dice builder" game which is like a deck builder.

>2P: Epic card game / Star Realms tie
>3P: Xia Legends of a Drift System
>4P: Twilight Imperium
>5P: Kemet
>6-8P: Twilight Imperium
>>
>>45054584
That explains why I get the incredible desire to make an FTL board game every time I play.
>>
>>45054584
>>45056450
I'd say Space Cadets is the closest we'll ever get to an actual FTL game
>>
>>45052324
Good apps eh?
Off the top of my head
Summoner Wars
Galaxy Trucker (with the comfiest title screen music a board game could have)
Star Realms
Ascension
Neuroshima Hex!
Tigris and Euphrates

>>45049331
I enjoyed Race, couldn't get anyone else to really enjoy it. It got either a "fuck this everything's a symbol or represented by something else bullshit", or a " fun but we have better, so I won't personally ask for it".

Roll was the first euro I've played in years, and it was pretty good. Wife hated race, enjoyed roll enough to play it again.
But I also like dice based combat, so maybe I'm just a faggot.
>>
>>45045660

Usually this fails in a fundamental way, but I guess licensed games haven't been uniformly terrible lately. I'd probably go for something related to The Night Land.

Family night, played Miskatonic School for Girls and Shadow Hunters.

1: See /v/
2: Magic: the Gathering
3: Five Tribes.
4: Hell, I've got to pick one? Yggdrasil
5: Betrayal at House on the Hill
6: Twilight Imperium
7: Shadow Hunters
8: Tsuro
More: Mao

>>45049331
I seem to be the only one who can get people to sit down for Race these days. Maybe it's because my playgroup comes from M:tG, but we've never had a problem with the symbols everyone seems to complain about on the internet
>>
One Night Werewolf

X Com

Risk.

Cards against humanity.

there we go, top four of their field.
>>
>>45057134
>couldn't get anyone else to really enjoy it

That's like half of my problem. I know one or two guys that enjoy Race for the Galaxy, but the majority dont.

>>45057511
>a problem with the symbols
That's the thing. No one really had any issue with the symbols after the first game. The majority just were not able to grasp the game at all and build meaningful combos to be competitive. Also, the whole choosing a phase was a bit much for some. That, and having to actually keep track that as the game advances you gain more and more abilities in a given phase based on what cards you have played.

My group is half morons, basically
>>
File: v-related traditional games2.png (6MB, 1256x3151px) Image search: [Google]
v-related traditional games2.png
6MB, 1256x3151px
>>
>>45052324
On Android, Prestige is a rip off of Splendor, and Condado is a rip off of San Juan. Both are pretty fun, the latter supports pass-and-play too. Then there's Decromancer and DeckDeDungeon which use board game-ish mechanics.

There's also a (The?) Hive app, but I didn't try it too much.
>>
So I got Castellion and have enjoyed it quite a bit.
However it frustrates me that you have a VERY large stack of tiles you're expected to shuffle properly. And a game can end very abruptly and then you have to spend several minutes reshuffling.

At the time I decided to just toss them all in a walmart sack and shake them around to shuffle them. But I plan on getting a proper bag for it.

Anyone else played Castellion and what do you think about the number of tiles and shuffling? I honestly would have cards. Easy to shuffle and handle.
>>
>>45056862
I think space alert is actually closer, since you actually move your crew members around the ship performing tasks, instead of just interacting directly with systems.
>>
>>45048497
Wow, your favorite games are literally perfect. 10/10 taste.
>>
>>45052324

That X-men game was so badass when I was a kid, really curious how well it holds up.
>>
anyone ever played Dark Moon? Just got it as a gift, looks really fun. How challenging is the ruleset?
>>
>>45063505
It's pretty easy rules wise, I like everything about it except the art. Gives you the BSG experience in half the time.
>>
>>45063505
My group has had a lot of fun with it. Print out the reference sheets and it will make things a lot easier for the players rather than constantly trying to tilt the player screens to read the rules.
>>
A Nausicaa card game would be great.

TTR: Europe this morning, casual game with friends, no fuckery going on. Stole 2 point lead to victory via longest rail line.

1.- Elder Sign, Pandemic
2.- Netrunner, Neuroshima Hex
3.- Alhambra, 5 Tribes
4.- Splendor, CitOW
5.- CitOW+Rats, Power Grid
6.- Coup

Still haven't introduced Keyflower or TI3 to the group
>>
>>45046508
Interestingly, it seems like it'll be an adventure card game rendition of Fate.
I hope it's good--that way I'd also get a set of Fate dice when I buy it.
>>
So, I have the opportunity to get the Starcraft board game for about 40 and Brood War expansion for about 25.

Do I go for it?
>>
>>45065637
Yes, at the very least you can sell it for much higher. The game is also a blast IMO and we have weekly sessions. It might not be your cup of tea, though.
> Cons
The rules aren't hard but there's much of them (combat is by far the hardest), and it's hard to explain to people. Most get 90% of the rules in their first game and grok the combat fully after 2-3 games. Try to download the rule cheet-cheets from The Esoteric Order of Games and the unit cheet sheets for Brood War. Both should be available on /bgg/.

The game is long (3 hrs for 4 players minimum, 5 hrs+ for 6 players isn't unheard of when everybody is new).

The setup is a PITA and there's many moving parts, I'm making trays for players to speed up the setup
> Pros
Theme. If you like StarCraft then it's no brainer, all the units work the same, all the races have a different feel and it mostly coresponds to the feel you get in the game. If you played the campaign all the major players there are present.

The mechanics are great - the order stack and card based combat is *so* cool.

Relative I know, but the game is fuuun. Even my friends that don't know StarCraft have a blast.

My tl;dr is - a better (longer) GoT with StarCraft theme, no politics in mechanics, much better combat, and a *lot* more of strategy.
>>
>>45064589
Even though I love Dresden I'll probably skip that. None of my friends has even read a page of it. Hope it's good, though - might get it when I get some friends that also like Dresden.

>>45046670
> Wheel of Time
Oh god the setting provides so much mechanics. You could do everything tactical game, grand strategy game, hidden-traitor game with Darkfriends as Cylons and the Dark one as the bad guy, a intrigue game with the "Game of Houses" on the forefront and manipulating everyone to solve goals, a card game with troops and spells being cards. There's so much possibilities there.

Oh yeah... the setting is perfect.
>>
>>45061670
I've never played it, but I'll be more than willing to change that.
>>45062571
I imagine there could easily be a revamp, if there was enough interest. Then again, it'd probably have to be an Avengers game, what with Marvel being dickshits about move licenses
>>
File: 3610-15509-thickbox.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3610-15509-thickbox.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
I know this might be a stupid question but how much does a varnish like pic related penetrate?

I want to varnish some chits but I don't want to fuck up my table along the way. I'm afraid that newspaper will be too thin. I've got a large box with foamcore and was wondering if I can spray the outside without fucking up the foamcore on the inside.
>>
>>45068030
It will vary depending on the type of varnish used, type of material being sprayed, etc. You also don't want to drench the item you're spraying. You'll have much better results by doing several lighter coats (if needed) and allowing each coat to dry before applying the next one. If you're worried about varnish damaging your box - get an inexpensive plastic drop cloth, or even cover your surface with a trash bag before spraying your items.

*** Warning! *** varnish is temperature sensitive. If you spray varnish items while it is very hot, cold, or highly humid it can result in a cloudy or 'frosted' look to the varnish obscuring what's underneath the varnish. So make sure you read the lab about ideal conditions or do a bit of research on it before you start spraying. I'd also recommend always testing out your varnish on some of the sprue your chits came with (if you still have some around) before spraying you expensive chits or board.
>>
>>45068526
Thanks, man. I want to varnish the chits from Starcraft: TBG. I guess I can test it on the chits that came with the original and are unneeded in the expansion.
>>
>>45065637
I'll take it if you don't want it. I've been wanting to try that game.
>>
>>45064435
>Nausicaa card game

That would be kinda interesting.
>>
File: v related games.png (3MB, 1366x1618px) Image search: [Google]
v related games.png
3MB, 1366x1618px
>>
File: human play dom jot.jpg (15KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
human play dom jot.jpg
15KB, 600x450px
>>45069348
>>45064435
>Nausicaa card game
mfw
>>
>>45068030
You shouldn't spray or varnish indoors, unless you have some way of ventilating. If you're really worried about the varnish getting on your table just put down some cardboard under the newspaper, or just have like an entire section of the paper open to spray on. Use your brian.
>>
File: 1407375629669.gif (2MB, 276x225px) Image search: [Google]
1407375629669.gif
2MB, 276x225px
>>45069414
>missing tons of stuff
>only included garbage anyway

Just stop kid.
>>
>>45069527
>spamming the same shitty images every thread
>a grid of pictures with no reason as to why they were chosen
>implying any of these are shitty games
>not playing sonic tcg
>>
File: BUL58ZhCcAA-Hgb.jpg (51KB, 600x968px) Image search: [Google]
BUL58ZhCcAA-Hgb.jpg
51KB, 600x968px
>>45069507
>>45068526

> *** Warning! *** varnish is temperature sensitive
> You shouldn't spray or varnish indoors, unless you have some way of ventilating.

I'll just wait for the perfect temperature non-rainy, non-snowy day.
>>
>>45069585
because windows are so rare
>>
>>45069607
I thought you implied I needed a fume hood or some shit like that.
>>
>>45069633
I'm not that tripfag. That person is stupid. It's not like you're varnishing a deck indoors. You're spraying a few pieces of cardboard.
>>
File: frostythemarine3.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
frostythemarine3.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>45069633
This dumbass >>45069669 may not be smart enough to spray outdoors or in a well vented area, but if you don't want small particles of varnish, spray primer, etc on everything - then don't spray indoors. Considering that you may well be applying multiple light coats of varnish - spraying indoors even in a 'spray booth' or box without a vent is great way to ruin a lot of stuff nearby. If you're going in a garage or other poorly ventilated area, you might want to wear a dust mask too. A friend of mine ended up with a hella-nasty sinus infection after inhaling a load of primer particles during an afternoon long priming session.

Pic related - an example of the 'frosting' issue where the varnish had issues curing - quite possibly from temp or humidity related causes.
>>
>>45069585
>>45070315
I've been varnishing SDE minis the last couple weeks as I finish painting them. I live in lower Michigan so the entire month of January has been snowy and cold as all hell, but I got a basement furnace room with a work bench in it, and a painters mask. It's prolly 60*F in there, which is below ideal temps, and no ventilation whatsoever, but 30+ minis and no issues. The listed conditions are for ideal results and idiots who don't realize breathing fumes is bad for you.

Having space around what you're spraying is a good idea though, I usually make sure there's 3-4 ft of space between my setup and anything I want to stay clean.
>>
File: Starcraft - a few pieces.jpg (65KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft - a few pieces.jpg
65KB, 500x253px
>>45070393
We had a guy who played 40K at the FLGS. "Dude" could paint, but being a total stoner he would spray prime or spray varnish his stuff in his kitchen / family room area in a 'paint booth' he made out of a cardboard box. Everything in that area felt like it was made out of sand paper as every flat surface was covered in tiny particles of primer or varnish that settled out of the air. And yeah, 'Dude' opened the windows when he sprayed as he didn't want to blow himself up when he went to blaze up his next joint.

In terms of temp - colder temps (even just a few degrees) can add hours to the chemical reaction curing time depending on the mix, solvent content, etc. Overly high temps can be worse as the primer or varnish actually starts to set before making contact with the surface and the model looks like it's covered in sand paper.

>>45069669
>You're spraying a few pieces of cardboard.

Starcraft... Only 5 or 6 cardboard chits, right?
>>
>>45070616
Oh, you've met one person who did something wrong. My bad.
>>
>>45070616
Yeah I've actually found the minis are drying well within the 3hr window listed on the can I've been using, so 10* hasn't really changed the mixture. As for not spraying in your living room, that shouldn't be a question anyhow, find an unfinished basement space, or garage if you can't get outside. Like I said, the instructions are there for legal purposes, because some people are idiots.

>>45068030
My current spray rig is a 1x8 scrap piece of lumber that's maybe 4ft long, raised up on a spare trash can. If it's warm/sunny outside I take it out back and spray, otherwise it goes in the shop, or the garage. If the weather changes or it's too hot for the directions, after 10 minutes I bring the board back inside and leave it on my workbench. As for penetration I really can't tell at this point, because the same board is used for priming as varnish so it's pretty well coated at this point. If you're worried about penetration plastic drop cloths are about $2 a pop, and generally are pretty huge. Double or triple it up over top of your foamcore, put it all on top of a laundry basket or trash can and you've got a nice surface to work off of.
>>
>>45070315
>>45070393
>>45070616
>>45070939
Thanks, guys. Not gonna risk it and not going to varnish in my living room. Don't have a basement nor a garage or anything. The weather is fucking shitty right now but even if it wasn't I don't really have a place to spray nearby.

Guess I'm going to wait until I go to my parents place and spray outside there.

Thanks for the warning. I would probably have sprayed without thinking and ruin some furniture and walls.
>>
>>45071226
There's always liquid varnish. They are chits, not figures, so there aren't a ton of crevices or details you need to preserve.
>>
>>45063505
It bombed pretty hard the two times we played it. Uninfected got an early lead with good dice rolls and the infected never could catch up. I think the problem is partially due to the fact that the infected waited till about 3/4 of the way through the game to reveal despite me STRONGLY suggesting that they should reveal quickly if they can't get an event to fail first time or two around. But one waited to reveal on literally the third to last player turn and had done almost nothing positive for the infected the whole game.

But honestly a big part of it was the ridiculously good dice everyone else was rolling. The uninfected literally didn't fail a single event.
>>
>>45071431
The other thing that someone suggested a few threads back is Mod Podge or Decoupage which is used in some crafting projects. Mod Podge is acrylic sealer that comes in either mat or gloss finishes. My only concern would be whether or not the moisture in the acrylic would cause ink to run or the chits to warp before it dried. So testing it on leftover sprue would once again be the ideal option before accidentally ruining gaming parts.
>>
>>45072228
Reminded me of a video I was watching a while back on x-wing dials. Guy used clear contact paper for covering them. Looked decent, I'd still prolly varnish anything I was worried about wear on, but could work if spraying isn't viable.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/22032/star-wars-x-wing-miniatures-game/star-wars-x-wing-movement-dial-wear-fix
>>
>>45053514
>4p: Forbidden Stars

Does the combat take long? Someone suggested it was might be better 2 player due to downtime during combat, but I have a feeling that wouldnt be too much of a problem for us. Looks good, really tempted
>>
Is Vassal down for anyone else?
>>
>>45073162
For our group it isn't that bad, combat is fairly quick once you understand the rules and we have a houserule where the next player can take their turn while combat is happening so long as it wouldn't interfere or effect that sector.
>>
>>45071431
>>45072228
Well shit guess I should have asked earlier not buy spray varnish. Will try the local art store, hoping they will have some varnish for cardboard or something, if not I'll try liquid varnish for minis. Thanks guys.
>>
File: Matte Medium.jpg (59KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Matte Medium.jpg
59KB, 600x300px
>>45074392
Just to make sure - the other person suggested brush on varnish. If you go to an art supply store or craft store, you'll want to look for either the Mod Podge / Decoupage stuff *OR* Acrylic Mat or Gloss Medium. Acrylic mediums are the base of acrylic paints without any pigments. They can be thinned with water (though you don't want to do much of this to avoid damaging the cardboard chits or the game board if you cover that as well). They can also be mixed with 'slow dry' or other agents that decrease the drying rate of acrylic paints to allow for smoother blending, color mixing, etc.

With Mod Podge / Matte Medium you could brush on a thin smooth layer to seal the chits and/or game board.
>>
>>45069527
I assumed that was the joke. The games were chosen for bright colors and recognizable franchises, not for actual value, like /v/.

But I could be reading too much into it.

>>45069545
>grid of pictures with no reason as to why they were chosen.

This is a fairly good complaint, though we also run into the "text for ants" or "10 MB PNG" problem if we try to fix it. Hmm.

I'll take one of the big images and see if I can tweak stuff to be more explanatory.

>>45045660
>Series franchise
Warehouse 13, Dresden Files, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, more general, but something like Vegas Showdown/Food Chain Magnate for restaurants. Like, you and your friends build competing Restaurants, but with a focus on the more...refined over Food Chain. Like, a Molecular Gastronomy place versus a Mexican/Japanese Fusion place.

>Latest session
Mostly Legendary Villains, where we just kept...well, drawing. We could NOT scrape out a win, but we always did well enough to survive the Plots. We'd just focus too much on stopping the plots, and end up running out of Adversaries before we could take out the Commander.

>Don't Bitch about Namefags
Hey, this is 4chan. We can bitch about whatever the fuck we want.

I personally don't care, but that's the price you pay for being a namefag: you're running counter board culture, and you let people build opinions about your opinions.

Stepping aside that landmine of vitriolic discussion, I just got Fury of Dracula delivered yesterday, and I'm excited to play it. Unfortunately, my standard Gaming day has been swallowed up by conflicts for the next few weeks, so it, as well as my new Champions of Midgard, are just going to have to wait, probably another two weeks or so.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.