[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elite Bad Guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: 1292979628306.jpg (1MB, 2357x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1292979628306.jpg
1MB, 2357x1530px
So what kind of Elite Bad Guys do you use against your players in Star Wars? Looking for baddies that are not sith and dont use the force.
>>
>>45044037
Mandalorians are always good, normally not force sensitive but still competent.
>>
>>45044037
dark troopers
>>
File: sexy madalore.jpg (456KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
sexy madalore.jpg
456KB, 1680x1050px
>>45044098
Forgot pic
>>
File: hk_47.jpg (660KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hk_47.jpg
660KB, 1024x768px
Assassin Droids. Equip them with weapons that can't be deflected by a light-saber, such as flamethrowers or cryo-spray. If you DO use blasters, use shotgun-style blasters or something, with spreads that can't be completely negated by a lightsaber swing. Explosive weapons are also good.
>>
Bounty hunters can fit in at any tier level, most enemy officers/generals/whateverthefuck didn't get in charge for no reason, groups of warrior races like the kaleesh, robots the less anthropomorphic the better
>>
OP, what's the basis of the encounter? Have the players provoked anything or are you just asking to ask?
>>
>>45044037
An extremely crafty and wealthy criminal cartel.

Doesn't have to be the Hutt's.
Or a super corporation.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (24KB, 386x381px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
24KB, 386x381px
YVH BATTLE DROIDS

Designed to fight the Vong, can even hold their own against 5+ Force sensitives, even killing a few in a fight. Extremely dangerous and close to overpowered, they resemble Terminators.

After the Vong war they were essentially used as Jedi assassins
>>
Imperial Storm Troopers

Their initial reaction may be to laugh but once they realise that we're not playing Rebels they get the picture.

If you're playing a post Endor game, Ewoks. They were able to take out an entire legion of the Emperor's finest storm troopers after all.
>>
>>45044037
Stormtroopers. They wreck shit whenever they're not fighting folks they've orders to capture, escape, or have plot armor to the tits.

Well trained, well equipped, and with tactics and support to spare. A properly run stormtrooper unit should be a thing to fear.
>>
>>45045912
>>45045939
Stormies are also pretty fucking strong in the FFG system.
>>
>>45045939
The Stormtroopers that lead the stealth attack on Rogue Squadron in book 1 was amazing. Gives me shivers at how terrifying they were.
>>
File: crimsonempireIII2-2.jpg (85KB, 846x681px) Image search: [Google]
crimsonempireIII2-2.jpg
85KB, 846x681px
I used a group of Noghri assassin's. They were pretty based. To bad they aren't canon anymore.
>>
File: Samurai Imperial Gaurd Designs.jpg (568KB, 1440x756px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Imperial Gaurd Designs.jpg
568KB, 1440x756px
>>45044037
>ctrl+f
>no imperial royal guards

Guys are you even trying?
>>
>>45044037
Troops that use volley-fire tactics to defeat bullshit "blaster deflection".

Can't have your lightsaber in two places at the same time.

And a bunch of the other stuff already mentioned like bounty hunters and droids.
>>
>>45044037

A stormtropper with a E-web.
>>
File: Trandoshan_SWGTCG.jpg (361KB, 1493x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Trandoshan_SWGTCG.jpg
361KB, 1493x1197px
>>45044037

Trandoshans with rocket launchers.
>>
>>45044037
A Pilot, who was also a expert in explosives. Guess what was her ship? Exactly a TIE bomber. And on ground, she always had one of her home made, and not exactly acording to regulations, explosives. Evne with they dodged it with the force the blast was good enough to trip the target to the second mine. Explosions are cool.
>>
>>45045912
>>45045939
But they are a complete failure in the movies. They get defeated by little monkeys with sticks, on a planet they were established for a long time so it should have been their home turf by now. And they were luring the whole rebel fleet into a trap but still got taken by surprise.
>>
>>45046105
PLOT. ARMOUR.
>>
>>45045999
>too bad they're not canon
and this prevents you from using them in your games how?
>>
>>45046105
Episode 4: Specific orders to let them escape
Episode 5: Stormed Echo Base, had an entire city's security force turn on them but still fought their way to the hero's landing pad, keeping on their heels until the last minute
Episode 6: Get drawn away from the shield generator long enough for the heroes to complete their objectives and force their surrender

As for the times the heroes escaped, the force was on their side. They were literally destined to win. Unless you yourself have the ability to manipulate the force Destiny is always going to win.
>>
>>45044037
I hate that "beard" so much, I bet it's not even up to regulation and they let him get away with it because his daddy's rich or something.
>>
>>45044037
Would force sensitives count on your not force users? They kinda(?) don't use the force.
>>
>>45044119
Is she Mandalorian? Thought she was just some chic in battle armor.
>>
>>45046172
No, i know it doesn't prevent. I'm more lamenting they aren't oficial anymore.

Also, i used a sand people warchief as a bad guy once. He wasn't imperial of course, just a tribal chief that was pillaging the moist farmers and Jabba was giving zero fucks about it.
>>
>>45046184
By his armor i think is obvious to assume he must be some kind of 'elite' stormtrooper.
>>
File: 3829445.jpg (82KB, 900x717px) Image search: [Google]
3829445.jpg
82KB, 900x717px
Imperial Special Forces.

A black ops team of the Empire's best a brightest. Stim-enhanced, SERE-trained, blackmask mothafuckas.
>>
>>45046234
Thank the emperor they weren't in the second death star.
>>
File: 3840583.png (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3840583.png
92KB, 400x400px
Rebels? More like breakfast.
>>
>>45046196
She is definitely a Mandalorian
>>
A Devaronian smuggler with a very skilled silver tongue, many friends from both sides and with a fast ship. It was fun, seeing then trying to capture him and failling every time.
>>
>>45045939
I like how they are statted in EotE, and putting them in 4-5 man Minion Groups makes them terrifying.

Dat Base Blaster Rifle Damage.
>>
>>45046196
She is, she even got that horn of honor on her helmet.
>>
>>45046219
>I'm more lamenting they aren't oficial anymore
Why? Its not like they were wiped from reality.
EU is not canon but its still a thing.
>>
>>45046364
You know what? You're right! I shouldn't fell down about it. Thank anon.
>>
>>45046234
Their rifles give me boners.
Anyone who uses slugthrowers in Star Wars are number 1 in my book
>>
File: 1450704484057.png (878KB, 952x727px) Image search: [Google]
1450704484057.png
878KB, 952x727px
>>45044037
I try to keep it varied.

In our current campaign, my players are just a bunch of treasure hunting mooks that stumbled onto a cache of Sith manuscripts, within a tomb being investigated by agents of one of the Hands. They're currently being chased across the galaxy by a squad of Stormies that have (due to some shitty rolls by the players) managed to keep pace with them the entire way. They're a mixed force, with two former, old as hell Commandos serving alongside three of some of the best trackers and infiltration experts around.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
>>
>>45046380
Alrighty.

But i am so sick and tired of being shot down by a "NOT CANON!" comment everytime im in a fun SW thread.

Fucking shit-heads, the new starwars can't even compare to the EU when it comes to content. Given that its a mixed bag of good things and fanwanks you can still feel the love and creativity that went into it.
>>
>>45046424
Did you include force-fuckery in you campaign due to the manuscripts.
>>
>>45044110
This.
My FFG players laughed at anything other than ten-man squads of stormtroopers after they reached 500xp total. Dark Troopers are the stuff of nightmares.
Especially if you give them the Cortosis rule on their armour (they're built out of the same stuff Magnaguard staffs are) so they can't Breach or Pierce it to death.
>>
What's /tg/'s opinion on the FFG Star Wars, anyway? Trying to find a system to run as a new GM, and my FLGS has a few books I can't afford just yet.

Back on topic... are there rules for Super Battle Droids or Droidekas? Represented as fairly tough in all the video games if not the movies, but with weaknesses. No reason old CIS hardware can't be lying around, right? Shame to waste all the visual design.
>>
File: 153877756381.jpg (24KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
153877756381.jpg
24KB, 249x250px
>>45046440
They're pretty haunted, yeah. I'm hesitating to begin using san-rolls, but the longer they hold onto them, the creepier shit I plan on make happen as time goes on.

The thing is that the players KNOW that the Empire is after them, but have only just begun to question what it is. They believe that it's Jedi-related due to how severe the response to its acquisition was, but the subtle sounds and increasingly shit luck is making them slowly being to unravel as a team in-game.

I really just want to go King Ramses with the whole thing, but I imagine I missed my window:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3tVfs7jU2k
>>
>>45046514
I've been playing it for about 6 months now as both GM and player. It's easily the best Star Wars system out there.
>>
>>45046514
>FFG Star Wars
Best SW system, even beats D6
>SBDs and Droidekas
No official SBD stats, but Droidekas and commando droids are in the Chronicles of the Gatekeeper adventure. Which I recommend wholeheartedly, especially if you're gonna go with a Force and Destiny/Jedi-themed campaign
>>
>>45046519
Are there any force sensitives in the party? They could get "whispered" too.

Get them stuck in a sith planet due to the manuscripts. Fill it with spooky ghost. Sith-spirits and several Sith-alchemy abominations.
>>
>>45046461
Forgot to mention: Force-sensitives can't detect them with Sense. They're the perfect thing for a truly dickish Inquisitor to have in his personal guard complement.
>>
>>45044037
>Empire
>Bad Guys
>>
>>45046575
>the Ghorman Massacre is a thing good guys do
>or Alderaan
lol sheevfags
>>
>>45046546

If anyone's looking to homebrew B2 Super Battle Droids, don't forget the body armor and the wrist rockets. Those things kicked my ass in the video games.

Plus, they tend to keep operating even when bisected at the waist. Magnaguards might work along the same lines.
>>
Pimped-out TIE fighter flown by an all according to keikkaku guy who has the area they're fighting over rigges with tons of ground to air booby traps
>>
File: iuf7.jpg (89KB, 485x694px) Image search: [Google]
iuf7.jpg
89KB, 485x694px
>>45046546
I remember saving this some time back.
>>
Those hive minded bug men. Killik? Something like that. The second one sees you they all see you. It ducks fighting what amounts to one mind in 6 bodies.

We still have not forgiven out DM for that encounter.
>>
File: CompForce_HR.jpg (187KB, 538x773px) Image search: [Google]
CompForce_HR.jpg
187KB, 538x773px
What, no Compforce Vets? Nothing says bad guys like crazy pro empire troops who have all the best equipment and are not afraid to die or kill a whole lot of people.
>>
Drunk wookies.

No, seriously. Drunk wookies.

Nothing makes for a better elite encounter than a gang of five drunk wookies.
>>
>>45044110
Did someone say Darktooper?
>>
>>45046018
These fellas. I've also added Imperial Commandos to my adventure
>>
Stormies with hand grenades in an urban environment.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.