[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop liking what I don't like thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 22

File: 1436252326734.jpg (177KB, 540x558px) Image search: [Google]
1436252326734.jpg
177KB, 540x558px
AKA bitch about /tg/ related stuff. Just get it out of your chest anon. I'll start, as is customary:

>Names that start with "the". How about instead of "the peak of the world", that mountain there is called "the faggot's throne"?
>People who use boards and miniatures. This is like wanting to be crippled when you have the choice not to be.
>Alignment faggots. Keep telling yourself that D&D presents "good" as objective
>People who defend classes
>People who talk with accents when they are speaking for characters. Real original there nigga.
>People who think magic should be as weak as a sword.
>People who think anything sexuality related in a game = magical realm
>Cyberpunk. "It's like we're advanced, but we really aren't... that makes sense, right?"

Pheww, I feel better already.
>>
>Cyberpunk. "It's like we're advanced, but we really aren't... that makes sense, right?"

I think you missed the point on this one. Technology is more advanced, but it conflicts with human nature, which hasn't really changed in thousands of years. So... sort of, but not really?
>>
>>45033047
>>Cyberpunk. "It's like we're advanced, but we really aren't... that makes sense, right?"
More like "we're advanced, but we're poor and live in russia".
>>
>>45033047
You could have just said you hate fun.
>>
File: op_is_a_faggot_01.png (83KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
op_is_a_faggot_01.png
83KB, 280x210px
>>
>I hate Druids, They should be Preachy and Hypocritical not just a friendly Mage who likes animals. Show off more Villainous Druids Huh? Maybe a Minotaur Druidess who's totally against Technology?
>Halflings. Their culture is pretty cool but the're seriously just short people.
>The Unbelievable amount of Paladins. Why can't anybody just be a Knight for once, especially if that Paladin is fighting for a Cause or Nation rather than a God, Deity, or Moral Code.
>>
>>45033077
The point is that OP made a thread with the intention of getting people upset.
>>
No one wants to hear about your retarded little group. It's got nothing to do with whatever argument we're having, it doesn't prove you right, and 99% of the time you're making shit up anyway. So shut the fuck up, because whenever I hear you spout crap about how different your faggy little group does things and how it somehow proves your point, I'm just going to assume you don't actually have an argument or anything worthwhile to say.
>>
Paladins. Fuck Paladins. Fuck Lawful Good characters in general. Every one I've played with has been a disruptive asshole who tries to keep other players from having fun. People bitch about CN a lot but in my experience LG is far worse.
>>
>HURRR stahp playing D&D!
>Gawd D&D is so baaaaaad!
>Play my stupid indie bullshit instead HURF A DURF A DOO!

Get over yourselves. Is D&D perfect? Fuck no. No system is. It's got problems out the ass, sure. But it's functional and actually pretty damn fun if you'd actually bother to look past the flaws. Plus, I can walk into nearly any FLGS and find a game of D&D, unlike half of the systems people spout on here that're SOOOO GUD MMMMMMMMMM!!
>>
I like playing games with my friends.

There. I said it.
>>
>>45033047
Go home Virt. I thought I filtered your tripcode.

>>45034286
I enjoy playing D&D with friends, when we make characters, we roll 4d6 drop lowest in any order you want.
>>
File: 1451453982800.png (577KB, 1068x1515px) Image search: [Google]
1451453982800.png
577KB, 1068x1515px
And then OP was a fagit all along
>>
>>45035084
Mad cuz u bad?
>>
>>45033893
>No one wants to hear about your retarded little group.
>"X characters are bad, they can be only play as Y, nuuuu, stop disproving me, my hot opinions are worth more than actual evidence"
4/10 made me reply
>>
>>45035217
>actual evidence
>some faggots anecdotes about his totally real group
>>
File: shrug life.jpg (50KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
shrug life.jpg
50KB, 550x400px
>>45035261
>still worth more than some faggot's hot opinions
>>
File: it sounds better in elvish.png (209KB, 819x412px) Image search: [Google]
it sounds better in elvish.png
209KB, 819x412px
A message to you OP.
>>
>>45033674
for the paladins, I think it's cause Pali's get Western Fightan Magic
>>
>>45035217
Some retard on the internet making bullshit up does not count as evidence.
>>
>>45035315
Even if it's fake and gay, he still used more effort to prove his point than someone crying about badwrongfun
>>
>>45035362
>>45035315
How about you stop bitching about bitching in a bitching thread and start bitching about things that are not the bitching thread?
>>
File: ProperFeedingAndCareOfOP.png (297KB, 529x458px) Image search: [Google]
ProperFeedingAndCareOfOP.png
297KB, 529x458px
>>45033047
>OP being this much of a faggot
>>
>>45035362
The amount of effort someone puts into saying stupid shit does not make it valid.
>>
>People who bitch about badwrongfun
>People who bitch about bitching about badwrongfun
>People who bitch about bitching about bitching about badwrongfun

>>45035408
no.
>>
File: 1394973887070.png (107KB, 644x952px) Image search: [Google]
1394973887070.png
107KB, 644x952px
>>45033047
>>
>>45033556
Yes sir, we'll send a car over right away. Stay inside the subject is an opinionated blow hard.
>>
>>45033047
>Things that start with "The"
"Stop doing thing people in real life do"
>Alignment faggotry
>Classes
"Stop liking things designed to allow non-autistic munchkin turbo-nerds play games"

Everything else yeah whatever I don't care.
>>
>>45034990
What's a Virt?
>>
>>45033047
I personally find medieval fantasy to be boring in general.
>>
File: good for everything.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
good for everything.gif
428KB, 200x183px
And now for an actual popular thing people do a lot and defend that I don't actually like that isn't just people spouting the same bullshit they do every fucking thread.

I don't like "half-x" races in fantasy and shit, especially if various races of human exist. Half-Elves and Half-Orcs are stupid, strictly designed to have a grimdark backstory or have the benefits of something without actually being that thing. Not to mention, why do humans have this ridiculous genealogy to have half-x kids and yet no other race does? And don't give me that shit that Elves and Orcs can also have halfsy kids. When have you ever run into those outside of human settlements? The answer is rarely if fucking ever.
Also basically any D&D thing that is "Descended from X and humans" is stupid horseshit because a lot of it doesn't make any sense.
Shifters? Descended from Lycanthropes. Because when you have a disease that can be passed down through your offspring, it becomes a lesser disease they can turn on and off, right? Right that's how that works!
Changelings? Fucking descendents of Doppelgangers? Why would that not just result in fucking humans or whatever they fucked? And why would a Doppelganger even fuck a person, do you even know how Doppelgangers operate? At least in Pathfinder they're the abandoned offspring of Hags, that's a lot closer to their mythical namesake.
And don't even get me fucking started on Dhampirs. Yeah D was a cool ass dude, but a walking corpse should be shooting blanks or not have eggs ready for cooking.
However there are some I excuse like Tieflings and Aasimar- now I know you're rolling your eyes, but let's think about this- at least when demons and angels fuck something and it results in a birth that isn't human and it's descendents being the same it makes sense because those are babies made from reality warping demon and celestial magics, with the intent to have pawns upon the material plane to manipulate.
>>
>>45033674
Druids should embody more than just the gentle side of nature. "Nature is a brutal bitch, who destroys what she creates."
I wanna see a naked, bloodlusted druid, running through forests and lighting them on fire, painted in blood.
>>
>>45036912
Well I am not sure if we will ever meet but I will probably end up doing this now. hell its probably going to piss some people in my group way the fuck off
>>
File: 1292509821470.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1292509821470.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>Muh textbook magic is the solution to everything
>Magic and monsters are mundane
>8 varieties of demihuman
I liked Bone's (the comic) setting because its magic was actually animistic and had people that weren't in tune with the spiritual aspect of its world that did things, useful things.
Dragons were demons/demigods, and the rat people were actually pretty unique for a species.
With a few adaptations, I would literally write adventure paths for it.
>>
File: 1389046141036.png (4MB, 1411x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1389046141036.png
4MB, 1411x1406px
>>45036514

:^)
>>
File: Start the Van.jpg (49KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
Start the Van.jpg
49KB, 640x435px
>>45033556
>>
File: Untitled.png (82KB, 726x662px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
82KB, 726x662px
Quest threads. They need their own board.
>>
>>45033674
Should be played more like a preachy vegan hippie who can't into technology/logging/mining even if it's a net good with a dash of >>45036912
>>
Oh so you mean every thread on /tg/ yesterday

You remember that one that devolved into "is trump a paladin"?
>>
>>45036272
Tripfag that ruins threads on 4ch/8ch.
>>
>>45039069
Quest threads are the bane of this board.
>>
>>45036272
Some guy with objectively wrong opinions. He lives to get negative reactions out of people because it's hard to try to be liked and he needs interaction NOW.
Just filter names with "virtual" in it before he even shows up
>>
File: 1453744785347.png (13KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1453744785347.png
13KB, 744x615px
Child PCs at all. They're always either a Mary Sue bullcrap character, a useless retard who keeps getting captured to fuel their player's weird kinks, or worst of all: just a regular child who adds nothing to the party.
It's annoying. If your character isn't old enough to feed themselves, they're a shitty character.
Oh yeah can't forget magical lolis. Yeah someone who isn't a lolicon could make one to play but they're far, far, FAR less likely to. Regardless of what you might think others think of you, this is generally a red flag.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>45039262
Bane?
>>
File: god of tyranny.jpg (248KB, 1103x608px) Image search: [Google]
god of tyranny.jpg
248KB, 1103x608px
This is the thing I hate about /tg/ >>45033482
Some people think you're not allowed to dislike ANYTHING because it's "fun".

>>45034177
>But it's functional and actually pretty damn fun
Unless it's 3.PF

>>45039767
He's a big god.
>>
>>45039858

A lot of class levels for a Greater Deity.
>>
>Players who think that a weird race/class/build makes an interesting/good character.

>Class-based systems. Classless systems can do everything a class-based system can do and more.

>In D&D/PF, the Ability Score/Ability Modifier difference. You only use the Modifier, why do we even have the Score? "Because that's how we've always done it", which is a shitty excuse.

>People who refuse to even TRY systems other than D&D/PF. Seriously, there's so much more out there that you're missing out on. Only excusable if you're so new to gaming that you don't know other systems exist.

>People trying to apply modern ideas to a game set in the pre-modern world. You want your CG rogue to loudly advocate for democracy in the king's court? You'll be hanged for treason. What the fuck did you think would happen?

>People not understanding that adventurers are the exception to the setting (which is what makes them special). You know why the medieval fantasy world doesn't have teleportation-based economies? Because 90% of the human population are trying to keep themselves fed and avoid getting killed by orcs/dragons/zombies/mad wizards/corrupt nobles/cultists/gelatinous cubes/plague/fucking winter/etc. Same goes for "Why don't they just discover blackpowder already and make guns?"
>>
>>45039069
/thread/
>>
>>45039069
Did that guy cross two countries to answer that question four times?
>>
>>45036912
I never play druids because I don't think I could play them in a non-antagonistic, non-cpndescending way
>>
>>45040227
Note the post IDs
>>
>>45033047
>allways adding cthulhu stuff to settings
>if you don't like it you just don't understand it
>halfrace is playable, fullblood of this type is not
>if a game is granular it is seen as rules heavy, buhu there are more than 20 skills, disregard that they all use the same basic test.
>>
File: 1430694372418.png (169KB, 330x417px) Image search: [Google]
1430694372418.png
169KB, 330x417px
>sci-fi setting with ubiquitous guns, lasers, and laser guns
>some totally-not-a-lightsaber melee weapon thrown in just so they can have melee weapons
>>
>>45040035
>>45033047
>Classes vs Classless
For as much as there is wrong with class-based systems, there's issues with classless ones as well. I've been gaming for a couple of decades now, and I've noticed players struggle when given a dearth of choices. Given that games literally live or die depending upon the players, having there be a stumbling block in getting characters made and active in the world seems to be detrimental to the hobby.

As the saying goes, "restrictions breed creativity." Having classes gives people structures to latch onto and build out from without taxing their little monkey brains too hard. However, there are trade-offs, in that sometimes they are too restrictive, or the classes have poor balance and one is blatantly less restrictive than others. And yes, not every character idea will flourish in class-based systems, and that's something that may be hard to get used to.

While I love the freedom of classless systems, and the ability to play whatever I damn well please, I prefer playing in class-based systems due to the ease of use for the other players to get their own shit together without taking a gorillion sessions for character creation.

...If I had to specifically name a favorite system, I would have to say Ironclaw (of all games) comes closest to having a class-based system that feels classless. There's a lot of room to dick around with whatever character concepts you may have, and yet there's class builds that give the less-creative types a start to play off of.
>>
>>45040035
>In D&D/PF, the Ability Score/Ability Modifier difference. You only use the Modifier, why do we even have the Score?
>What is spell caster ability score requirement and carry weight?
There's also the fact that some effects add/remove uneven amount of ability scores thus favouring characters on the higher end of the two point increment.
It also give a better understand of where characters are relative to each other.
If we only had +1, +2, -1, etc that wouldn't really describe much about what these increments are relative between characters, they'd just be gameplay stats. But if I saw one fighter has 14 strength, another has 17, and a wizard has 8, then it's easier to imagine how strong/weak they are relative to eachother, than if we went with 2, 4 and -1.

Really, it's such a miniscule thing to have a modifier and a score separate, that I just don't see why it's worthy of bitching about.
I see your point, it's just way too small time, and feels like trying way too hard to find every flaw possible in a system you look down on.
>>
>>45033970
All I see is a CN bitch who's mad that a paladin stopped him from going full CE.
>>
>>45033674
>druids should be hippies
Fuck off m8
>>
>>45033047

You have a very poor understanding of cyberpunk.
>>
>>45040035
>>45042935
Actually if you pay close attention, you'll note that every time a feat or prestige class has a stat prerequisite, it will always, always be an *odd* number. Whereas your modifier doesn't increment until you reach the next *even* number.

Also, strength affects carrying capacity in increments of 1, and spellcasting stats affect bonus stats in increments of 1. Only Dex and Con have no apparent effect outside of their modifiers.

Lastly, all six stats function as a sort of hit points against ability damage: any stat reaching 0 is an instant K.O. (or, in the case of Con, death).
>>
>>45043762
*bonus spells
>>
>>45036514
>And don't even get me fucking started on Dhampirs. Yeah D was a cool ass dude, but a walking corpse should be shooting blanks or not have eggs ready for cooking.
Weren't olden Dhampirs coming from women being vamped while already pregnant?
>>
>>45033047
>Motherfuckers who are late to a game not counting serious family shit that might come up. Like fuck, I've got arthritis in my knee bad enough where I need a cane to walk, AND I bus everywhere I need to go and walk where the buses end. The fuck do you mean you can't make it.

>Stupid motherfuckers who don't understand the rules. I mean yeah, I can understand having questions, but you've not only played before, but this is YEAR FUCKING THREE of the same goddamn game we've been in together. You should fucking KNOW what a fucking d20 is at the very least, if not how to use it.

>Constantly talking over the DM. For fuck's sake, I get it that you want to be a fucking furfag and have your druid turn into a wolf, or lion, or fucking ManBearPig for the umpteenth time. But for the love of all that is good and holy, close your cocksucker long enough to let the DM describe ONE FUCKING ROOM before you jump in on that shit again.

>Not knowing what the fuck you're doing in-game. Now, I get that not everyone's a turbosperg like myself and you may not know every edition of D&D by heart. But when we meet every other Sunday and you can't even take 5-10 minutes to write down a couple of spells you'd commonly use so that way you're not holding up combat for ANOTHER FUCKING HOUR LIKE YOU DID LAST SESSION LOOKING UP SPELLS ONLY TO NOT EVEN CAST ANYTHING. On top of that, you don't even keep track of how much damage you've taken AT FUCKING ALL, so when the DM asks "how healthy do you look" after taking a few shots, you might want to have a fucking answer that's more than a vapid stare out into space.

For as much as I've missed being in a game for the past few months due to work, I'm SO fucking glad I left that group.
>>
>>45042698
What you say is why I love my M&M3e Gamemaster's Kit.
It classifies the drowning sea of pointbuy into a shopping mall of 20 archetypes, with more variations inside of each. So it's basically like classes with archetypes in DND family.

But then once you've gone through selecting them, you can easily move the points around to better fit your character concept.
>>
File: 4chan37.jpg (42KB, 1146x189px) Image search: [Google]
4chan37.jpg
42KB, 1146x189px
>>45033047
You can't discuss anything related to rape on /tg/ because it is considered "trolling"
>>
When people discuss the value of a unit in age of sigmar. The game has no balancing whatsoever, so it doesn't matter at all if it's good or bad or anything- if it's crap, just means you can take more of them maybe if your opponent lets you
>>
>>45033674

Druids should hate agriculture, as it is what tames nature. This should make it clear to everyone that druids are psychos, that wan't people to starve and die.

Kinda how people today are pro-organic and anti-gmo crops, even though it means more poor people will starve.
>>
File: FRui1Jf.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FRui1Jf.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>45045516
I have a friend who unironically thinks this way. He always talks about how life would totally better if we still lived as hunter-gatherers because all problems stem from modern civilization
>>
>>45045516
>Druids should
No.
Fuck you.
>>
>>45045516
>>45045568
Just more evidence for what's become increasing clear to anyone sane. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
>>
>>45033047
>It's like we're advanced, but we really aren't... that makes sense, right?
Right.

Also, it disturbs me how much of this I agree with.
>>
>>45045736
It's not a mental disorder at all. It's very, very sane.

It's perfectly normal to want to find a quick scapegoat for all the world's ills, to want to think you're actually making a difference, and best of all; to give yourself an easily generalised faceless enemy.
>>
>>45034177
>I-it's shit but it's the best option there is!
>Every system has flaws, r-right?
I bet you fucking use that argument to justify democracy to yourself, don't you?

In any case, the real problem people have with D&D is that they use it for campaigns that the system obviously wasn't made for. They do this because of aforementioned "walk-into-any-FLGS" advantage.
>>
>>45033893
Naw man. I love hearing group tales - even when I know 80% of them are just made up on the spot.
>>
>>45045036
looks like you should have put a trigger warning on that

you might have hurt the tender feelings of a college liberal whose closest experience with oppression is having to buy an iphone 5 rather than 6
>>
>>45033718
If that was the case I would have expected him to say something even mildly controversial.
>>
File: 1453451716213.jpg (36KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1453451716213.jpg
36KB, 520x390px
>>45045736
Yes, because the opposite of liberalism totally is "throw away all achievements of the last 10000 years and go back to live like fucking cavemen"
>>
Wait a fucking second, how did we switch from strawmanning druids to strawmanning liberals?
>>
>>45045902
The opposite of liberalism is conservatism, which is pretty much the same thing except instead of appealing to your self-righteous side it appeals to your smug side.
>>
>>45046014
pol is a wild ride
>>
>>45046014
/pol/ at your service
>>
>>45046071
So why bring up liberalism in a "discussion" about retarded druids?
>>
>>45046071
Although obviously both movements appeal to both to some extent. In terms of smug liberals you have vegans et al, and self-righteousness is found on the right in the religious fundamentalists &c.
>>
>>45046099
Fuck if I know. I didn't bring it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (1010KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1010KB, 3648x2736px
>>45034990
Vert is perma banned, bro.
>>
>>45045516
>Druids should
Ey fuck you

Why do you cunts always see humans as not a part of nature? Are druids also gonna hate beavers for building a dam?
>>
>>45039069
>>45039262
They're actually pretty good.
>>
>>45046181
Ban evading ain't hard, even for him.
>>
File: 1395104930531.jpg (64KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1395104930531.jpg
64KB, 441x705px
>>45046099
>>45046112
Really, guys. Really.
>>
>>45046206
Go ahead, enlighten me
>>
>>45046206
Well, I didn't. D'you want me to say I did? Would that make you feel better?
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.