[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its that anima guy again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 23

File: anima.jpg (549KB, 866x901px) Image search: [Google]
anima.jpg
549KB, 866x901px
Hi /tg/.

Some of you may remember me from a few months ago. I was just starting to learn how to play Anima and asked for help on how to make a "summoner-ish" character that makes his own mechanical summons. Since that day, my character is now a lvl 6 Freelancer specialized in alchemy and lets say I kinda capped the limits of humanity and I don't know how to reach surhumanity for Intellectual characteristics.

Other than that, Anima's system is fucking great, so great that I've joined a second anima campaign as a Ki user and now I wish to make a 2nd character for the first campaign im in, since my first char will be stuck in months of timelapse working on artifacts and such.

Then again I'm calling y o u for help, once more.

Let's say I had a hard time finding a way for my GM to accept giving me what I wanted on the first char and I always come up with some mindblowing ideas so Id' rather stick to something the rules of the game lets me do instead than getting privileges from my GM.

So here's my concept for my new character:

(please note this character will begin at level 7, 8 or maybe even 9)
Girl using wind-like abilities to use rose petals as her weapon and as a mean to defend herself or others (never thought of it before, but this is litteraly Byakuya from Bleach). She can transform her body into rose petals to become intangible and fly. Additionnaly (thats the thought part), I need her to be able to "mark" some peoples of her choice. This mark allows her to know if any of thoses marked character becomes near-death or dies w/e the distance she is from them. Additionnaly, she can inflict pain upon those who are marked as long as they are in her range for that to happen. She might also be able to hear their thoughts from a significant distance.

How should I proceed?
>>
File: its that folder again.jpg (11KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
its that folder again.jpg
11KB, 367x202px
>tfw no anima fans on /tg/
>>
>>45013295
>I kinda capped the limits of humanity and I don't know how to reach surhumanity for Intellectual characteristics.
Mental abilities aren't subject to the Inhumanity/Zen caps, you can just go bonkers with them. Your only limits are time and available materials.
>>
>>45015203
you mean every secondary abilities linked with Intelect is limitless starting level 0?

why the fuck doesnt my GM knows that, is it written somewhere so I can prove him?
>>
>>45015203
>>45015348
I've found it in the core rulebook. Thanks for noticing me that. One problem down one to go.
>>
>>45013295
>Group is not-Rina Inverse, not-Goku and not-Tetsuo
>They literally can blow up cities without even a sweat
>I roll a shadow Duk with eternal blood and phys resis
>Nearly unkilleable, average combatant, pretty stealthy
>GM gets ubermad with my character being "overpowered and impossible to kill"
For a long time I thought I was that guy, then I realized my GM was a moron.
>>
>>45015348
Although keep in mind that the hard cap for mental stats at level 1 is 13, and the recommended secondary skill max is 200.
>>
>>45015874
Can't find info about those level caps.
>>
>>45016519
It's part of the "Add One Point to a Characteristic" advantage, it can't bring a physical stat above 11 or a mental stat above 13, and that's the only way for a human or nephilim to increase stats above that level aside from maybe Blood of Great Beasts (which GM will probably monitor for bullshittery anyway, because it's abusable).

The secondary ability limit is in the GM's toolkit, though it's merely a highly recommended suggestion, not a hard rule.
>>
>>45016930
Otherwise you'd have things like INT14+ wizards, WP 15/16 mentalists, and POW15 nemesis users legal and easily obtainable at level 1, and that's not ok for obvious reasons.
>>
>>45016930
what about level up stat increase? can it increase a stat higher than those limits?
>>
>>45017125
Sure it can.
>>
>>45016930
>>45017022
About to start an Anima campaign and I've only heard very vaguely about too high attributes being abusable. What's bad about them exactly?
>>
>>45017533
Abilities tend to scale fairly linearly from 1-10, but above ten the scaling becomes closer to quadratic. 5 is human average, 10 is pinnacle Olympic athlete human, 20 is LITERALLY GOD.

For an example, just look at the carrying capacity or movement rate tables, and pay attention to what starts happening to the numbers above 10, especially in the high teens.
>>
>>45017703
thanks

OP here, I've read throught psychic abilities and my new char could probably be done by mixing Telekinesis and Psychokinesis (the byakuya part). Altho, that doesnt help me much for a "marking" ability that allows me to know if a marked person dies at an infinite range.

Also, I don't understand how psychic points ditribution works, well I do but here is what I got:
-Psychic Potential is a fixed stat dependant of your willpower
-Psychic Projection is the same than Magic Projection. It can be used for block ability but theres something I don't get about blocking using psychic.
-Psychic points are obtained by leveling depending of your class. Theres also a "psychic points"value for each class but idk what that is (purchase multiple or base amount for lvl 1??). I have no idea how to spend them
-I have no idea how learning psychic abilities work

TL;DR: teach me psychic
>>
>>45015703
Yeah, that happens sometimes. GMs think "Oh, X is so OP." Then someone really pulls out the cheesewheels, and the GM begins to pine for the original "Problem"
Having a Mentalist with Railgun, then discovering what a Techie with Martial Mastery 3, Increased Ki Accumulation, and Blood of the Kami: Lord of War is capable of is a good example.
>>45018351
GM of a Mentalist nutter here, can teach.
Acquiring PP and Powers
Firstly, if you're going more than one Psy Discipline, you want the 2 point Free Access to any Psychic Discipline, otherwise you'd have to choose between Tele and Pyro.
You can use DP to buy "Free" PP. All PP are technically "Free" to start. Free means you can throw them into boosting your Potential or Projection, like fatigue, and they regen over time.
You MUST invest ONE PP to "Unlock" the psychic discipline before you choose a power. Then another to buy a level 1 Psychic power.
So that's 2 PP for, say, Pyrokinesis and Immolate. When you start learning a discipline, you MUST have at least one level 1 before you can get a level 2, and at least one level 2 before you can get a level 3.
PP invested that way are considered gone forever.
Now, you can also permanently dump the PP into permanent boosts to both your overall potential, and the potential for a specific power.
Let's say you have WP 10, giving you a base Potential of +60, and you have the Pyrokinesis power Immolate.
Currently, you would add only +60 to the roll for potential.
Permanently boosting your overall potential works like this:
1 PP for the first +10. 2 PP for the second +10, 3 PP for the third, etc., to a maximum of 55 Total PP invested for a +100 Potential.
So you drop three PP into your baseline Potential, bringing it to a +80.
But you still have, let's say two PP. You can take them and put them into Immolate at a 1 PP-10 Potential(to a cap of 10 PP for +100), to boost IT's potential by +20.
Which would bring your potential when throwing JUST that power around to +100.
>>
>>45019940
wew thanks alot lad.

also, mentalist is the superior class for psy user? or could I go warrior mentalist and be fine?
>>
>>45017737
Someone can definately answer this better than me, but the main issue is that the difference in stats after 10 or for some people at 10 is a big difference. However, this is more important to some people than others. The main people to watch out for are the casters. A mentalist for example with a willpower of 10 only has +60 to potential bonus, but a mentalist with a willpower of 13 has a +90 bonus at base. This is a fuck ton difference for most psychic powers because they can activate a fair sum of powers unless they fumble.

Another example for people who have access to the gift is power 12. Power 12 is the breaking point because the MA switches from 10 to 15. The reason why this is huge because any MA multiples someone has invested in takes a retroactive benefit.
>>
>>45014973
I like anima okay, its just a bit tougher for me to get into than DtD
>>
>>45017737
To add to my previous post, that above is the reason why it can easily be abused because anyone who knows what they're doing. Can end encounters without much effort or become a force to reckon with. This is far less of a concern in comparison to martial characters.

I'd group technician in with wizards and mentalists though. Technicians benefit from high stats as well, but it's not as important to them I think. All three are capable of wrecking the opposition with the right builds.
>>
>>45020724
Well, there is a module that lets you replace your projection with Attack/Defense for only 100DP.
Only downside to going WarMen is the increase in DP cost for PPs and number of levels to get a free PP, which actually don't hurt too much.
And honestly, for your build I'd almost suggest going Technician, and fluffing a technique or two, especially if you have access to Dominus Exxet, which has a Brand Tech Effect, as well as an effect that lets you use your ranged Tech to teleport yourself to your foe. Just fluff it as turning into rose petals or something.
>>45020960
WP 13 Mentalists are usually only slightly more effective, even with that extra 30. Spellcasters with MA 15 are shut down by the high cost of their MA Multiples, 50 at the lowest, combined with the fact that even an MA of 45 means only the Base level of most Path 50 or lower spellls will be castable each turn, and Zeon STILL takes forever to recover, even with an advantage or two.
Int 13 is troublesome, though, since it lets casters access either more spells or more Arcana Sephira stuff with all that Magic Level.
Per 13 is whatever.
Stats at 13, however, make Ki users fucking insane, as suddenly accumulating 3 of that stat's 16 Ki per turn allows them to get out fairly powerful techs(Maintained +50 Initiative/+25 Damage[Single]/+10Attack[Single]/Camouflaged Attack[120] for 3AGI/3STR/3DEX/3POW, maintained ) in a single turn, promptly shitting on whatever they're up against.
>>
>>45021398
>And honestly, for your build I'd almost suggest going Technician

nah I've already done a ki user once and now I feel like going psy. I think pure Mentalist will do.

Only thing is I still have no idea how I can make some "marking" stuff. Anima's system sure isnt cool with that kind of power. The only thing I found that could potentially work is a limited version of "Connect Sense" from "sentience" discipline maintained at a 320 psy potential roll with the Advantage that increase your potential roll to 1 step higher. And thats only If my DM accepts to favor me again and let's say he's in a weird mood right now cause hes facing multiple critics and he can't take critics at all.
>>
>>45021592
Psychic Tracking from Telepathy might work better for you.
>>
>>45021815
thats exactly what I need. Can't believe I read throught that and didn't noticed it. The only thing is that it can be lost every 5 rounds. Is there some kind of way to make a "seal" for that skill?

Now that I think about it, ki users can create their own techniques. Can Psy users do so as well?
>>
>>45022066
I think that would take some serious sit down and talk time with your GM for him to consider allowing it.
>>
File: thumbsupfromdavaultm8.jpg (116KB, 464x416px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupfromdavaultm8.jpg
116KB, 464x416px
>>45022128
I guess I'll try to sooner or later then.

Thanks for everything.
>>
>>45022066
Can't an Innate Slot work? Not sure, I don't know much about psychics.
>>
File: what.jpg (706KB, 960x723px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
706KB, 960x723px
>>45022128
oh actually, I'm still not sure if this is a multiplier for DP or if thats your starting PP. You might have explained it here >>45019940
but I cant tell due to my lack of experience.

>>45022309
Innate slot? Idk, I dont think he mentionned that either.
>>
>>45022350
Thats for gain rate not starting ammount
>>
>>45022257
No prob. It was something to do while trying to come up with a name for the Tao I'm making for when one of my players tries to GM again.
Settled on Hong Lang.
>>
>>45022350
No offense, but you should read the book to learn the rules. It quite clearly explains that that's DP costs in the section before class descriptions.
>>
>>45022398
Shit really... Now I feel like my english reading is terrible. Well thanks alot for the spoonfeeding thought, no offense taken.
>>
>>45022350
It's not a multiplier. One PP costs 10 DP.
Innate slots are bought with PP, like powers, but they cost two.
Basically, they allow you to maintain your power indefinitely, but only at the maximum potential for that power. So let's take Psychic Tracking and do a PP allocation of 60 base Potential, +40 overall bought from 10 PP , +20 Directly into PsyTrack from 2 PP for a total of 120.
Now, you fire it off at, say, 176, then slap it into an innate slot, It will be maintained at 120.
You're then free to fire off whatever other Powers you feel like, but if you don't have an open Innate slot and want to maintain another power, you're going to have to cancel PsyTrack.
You can also use Free PP to temporarily increase the Potential for maintenance purposes, but those PP will not recharge until you cancel the maintained ability you used them on.
>>
>>45014973
Anima is my favorite Tabletop, anon. It's just got such an absurd level of entry that people get scared off of all the math. It's also really fucking hard to play IRL.
>>
>>45022534
Nice.

Fatigue is kinda related to psy powers, but if one gets "no needs" from Nemesis, does that means loosing fatigue becomes irrelevant to a psy user? That sounds broken as fuck
>>
>>45022911
Correcting that "no needs" should be "essence of emptiness", which completely negate fatigue penalities.
>>
>>45023022
I'd say no. But it's probably a matter of GM interpretation.
Word of advice, take the advantage that mitigates fatigue loss for failing level 1 and 2 powers. it can be a lifesaver early on.
>>
>>45023400
since my char will start at level 7+, the "early on" part wont matter much, but thanks anyways.
>>
>>45023430
Still might not be a bad idea, fumbles happen.
>>
>>45023473
And on that note, I gotta get to bed.
Glad I could help you out, >>45023430.
If this thread is still somehow up when I wake up, I'll post some more, answer more questions you might have, etc.
'til then, 'night.
>>
>>45022911
Let's be honest here, psychics don't usually lose fatigue from failing a power roll unless they fumble, or they're standing in a Nemesis negation field.

In fact I've taken that one psychic disadvantage where failing a power roll makes you explode and I don't think it ever came up in either campaign.
>>
>>45026324
True.
But they also plateau in what they're capable of earlier than Wizards and Martials.
>>
Bumping with the reminder that Lilith is the one person who Kisidan gets flustered around.
For good reason.
>>
>>45028010
Does Anima have a metaplot that I never noticed?
>>
>wakes up
>anima thread still alive

w e w
e
w

>>45023473
yeah I thought about that, yet I dont find it mandatory to have that advantage as >>45026324 said.
>>
>>45028082
To be fair, its easy to ignore. fuk dat setting plot
>>
>>45028082
Kinda.
You got the whole "the effects of Rah's machine are finally weakening, magic is coming back to the world, supernatural creatures are waking up/reemerging because of this."
You got Shivat and Lannet feuding over literally anything, while there's a strong possibility the demon emperor might be coming back to rape all of Varja into the ground.
The Empire is falling apart, mostly because the ultraconservative church is furious with Elisabeta's passing of the "even atheists are okay" law, and some principalities see her as a weak ruler.
Speaking of seeing her as weak, Matthew Gaul is looking to probably kill her, and set up his own personal Reich, run on fear and suspicion.
Moth is a fucking hellhole, where the inquisitors are about a step away from becoming demons, and the demons are trying to merge reality and the wake in at least the capital city, if not the entire damned province.
The Skulings in Goldar are looking to conquer/rape/murder everything, but specifically Hellenia with their demon possessed armies.
Eljared has vanished with her posse, which includes a Kitsune capable of setting ghosts on fire.
Lucanor is doing Aperture-tier SCIENCE for purposes known only to him.
Black sun is looking to unlock the secrets of Necromancy, digging around in the god-damned NECRONOMICON to do it.
Oh, and the Empress being alive wasn't meant to happen. She was fated to die. So Barnabus, leader of Imperium, the guys who are unknown by all but LITERALLY a handful of people, is keeping his eye on her, because if fate can be stymied, fate can be killed. And that means the Beryls, Shajads, Gaira, and C`iel can be killed too. Now if only he could get his hands on Longinus to complete his God-killing-weapon scheme. But that requires someone unleashing MegaSatanJudasOmega.
Have fun.
>>
>>45028254
>But that requires someone unleashing MegaSatanJudasOmega.
The problem is more that they don't know how to KILL him, just beating him in combat and sending him back to his little pocket dimension prison isn't that hard in the grand scheme of things.

Even just using Empire resources (since Imperium tries to never intervene directly if they can help it) you could probably assemble a reasonable gank squad centered around Kisidan. Problem is, he's at the level where you need a weapon like Longinus to permakill him, and you can't get Longinus away from him without permakilling him.
>>
wow I thought psychic had a way to "teleport" on short distance like Ki users. A game partner plays a psychic and she can teleport somehow. I might have missed something, is there another book that includes more psychic abilities? (I already have all thoses books)
>>
>>45028447
dont asnwer that, found more psy stuff in Arkana Exxet. Still have to look for a teleport skill tho.
>>
>>45028447
>>45028535
There's an entire TREE in Arcana called Teleportation.
>>45028388
Well, who's to say that a reasonably strong adventurer(14+) might not encounter either someone willing to sell them a strange blade that they guarantee is incredibly powerful, but is secretly one of the Godkiller weapons, or an NPC "Holy Warrior"(Secretly a Jurgand agent) looking to defeat a great demon(Omega) with their blessed blade(Godkiller), but they need help.
>>
>>45028612
>but is secretly one of the Godkiller weapons
I doubt they'd let one anywhere near Omega, because if he wins then Longinus eats it. Remember, that was the original plan, once the weapons sucked up enough juice they'd have a Highlander battle to combine their power.

If they're gonna do it they'd use some other weapon that won't give SuperSatan a powerboost if the plan fails.
>>
>>45028772
This is Barnabus we're talking about. He has a plan for almost every eventuality.
He's basically all the justification the GM needs to asspull some last minute shenanigans.

Though I suppose the party could try to get their hands on Zelber. That sword could probably fuck Omega's day right and proper.
>>
>>45028772
>>45028993
Sounds like the type of asshole that would take a super powerful weapon that also kills you when you use it, and that sort of thing isn't the hardest to design within Anima's mechanics and fluff.
>>
>>45028254
>Oh, and the Empress being alive wasn't meant to happen. She was fated to die. So Barnabus, leader of Imperium, the guys who are unknown by all but LITERALLY a handful of people, is keeping his eye on her, because if fate can be stymied, fate can be killed. And that means the Beryls, Shajads, Gaira, and C`iel can be killed too. Now if only he could get his hands on Longinus to complete his God-killing-weapon scheme. But that requires someone unleashing MegaSatanJudasOmega.

the fuck? where the hell do people get this info from?
>>
>>45029149
Core book and Gaia Volume 1: beyond the dreams.
>>
>>45029149
>Now if only he could get his hands on Longinus to complete his God-killing-weapon scheme.
Isn't any pillar sufficient for god killing?
>>
>>45029317
Yeah, but he wants to combine all the essence each pillar has absorbed into one superpillar, so he can kill off Gaira and C'iel
>>
>>45029926
Which one is the strongest anyway?
Longinus may be special since it absorbed Abel, but it is not necessarily the one with the most advanced fighting abilities.
>>
>>45030581
In terms of essence, Longinus may canonically be the strongest, though. Strictly because Abel.
Dude was borderline Demigod-status before getting Judas'd.
Other pillars haven't shown up much, if at all, and they haven't been used to kill anything super-powerful, like a Gaira/C'iel Dragon or a Kami or something.
If that were to be the case, then they might surpass Longinus. MIGHT. Sure, the others might possibly have better combat capabilities, but I'm betting none of them have Longinus' sheer POWER.
>>
>>45030772
>but I'm betting none of them have Longinus' sheer POWER.
What exactly about Omega is thanks to Longinus powers?
When I would hold the pillar, would I also be able to transform into a hydragon/devil?
>>
>>45030822
Basically, when he shanked Abel with it, all of Abel's power flowed through Longinus into him.
His body transformed because reasons, most likely to be able to contain the immense power that Abel had.
>>
>>45031768
So Abel is level 15?
>>
>>45031909
Probably more like a 16 Techie.
>>
So what should a blind Tao be deathly afraid of? Loud noises? Crowds? Being left alone someplace quiet? Thunderstorms? Things he can't perceive with Ki Detection?
Can't figure out a good phobia.
>>
>>45033484
On my opinion, a phobia should be related to a particular event in the background of the character, just like IRL. For example, my father once got punished by being trapped inside a very tight and small cellar when he was like 5 years old. Since then, he is clostrophobiac. Hope this can help you out.
>>
>>45034064
Was thinking along that line, actually. Figure he lost his sight gradually, over the course of about a year, when he was youngish, say 5, 6 years old. Expanding on that, being terrified of being left alone might be best bet, because he would've probably been panicking the whole time, with his family slowly becoming less distinct, and eventually being unable to see them altogether.
His developing Ki Detection would probably have been a way for him to ensure that people were always nearby.
>>
>>45034280
there you go, ya genius goy.
>>
I've always wanted the opinion of other anima people on this, but how do they feel about two-handed sword and two-handed axe? Why do these weapons feel so dumb in comparison to the other stuff that does not make you suffer nearly as much initiative penalty.
>>
>>45035632
If you're a tank initiative doesn't matter that much so sacrificing it for damage isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>45015874

hahahahaha...no the cap you're talking about is for
A. beings without inhumanity cannot go past 11 on physical stats.
B. 13 is the highest stat you can reach in character creation not final
C. secondary skill cap is an OPTIONAL rule a GM can enforce for players below lvl 4, after level 4 there is no cap.

they even in book describe stats going past 13, and they've even worked on increasing stats to 30 in the forums
>>
>>45036372
he did mention "at level 1" you know...

and the optionnal rule thing was mentionned here >>45016930
>>
>>45021398
>Stats at 13, however, make Ki users fucking insane, as suddenly accumulating 3 of that stat's 16 Ki per turn allows them to get out fairly powerful techs(Maintained +50 Initiative/+25 Damage[Single]/+10Attack[Single]/Camouflaged Attack[120] for 3AGI/3STR/3DEX/3POW, maintained ) in a single turn, promptly shitting on whatever they're up against.
You do realize Techs can buy accumulations for 10 DP each, right? A bonus +1 accumulation for having a 13 is not bad, but it's nowhere near as powerful as you make it out to be. Also man, do people actually play without using Unified Ki?
>>
>>45035632
The highest I've ever seen anyone go in terms of big heavy weapons was a bastard sword.

>>45036280
If you go too low on init it's not hard for fast people to surprise you though, and that -90 will fuck you up tank or no. Unless you spend Ki spamming Fortell, which seems like a lot more of a hassle than just using a lighter weapon.
>>
>>45035632
What >>45036280 said, mostly. A Jayan(Neph or pure) swinging a +20 Large Two-Handed Axe doesn't give fuck numero uno about initiative when they're dealing upwards of 200 base damage.
>>45037028
>You do realize Techs can buy accumulations for 10DP each, right?
Yes. But having more Accu basically for free allows them to dump more DP into their atk/def or buy up more MK with which to attain Ki Control/a nasty Ki Tech earlier.
>Also man, do people actually play without using Unified Ki?
Those who don't have Dominus do.
And hell, maybe some prefer to make their Techies WORK for their shit-wrecking abilities.
>>
>>45036280
I know there is a maneuver called absorb blows, but I don't think there are many classes that can afford that option unless they go out their way to make that a thing.

>>45037414
Yeah, I see people go bastard sword too; however, even then that seems a little dumb sometimes.
>>
>>45037589
It's still only a 10 DP benefit, you're hyping it up a bit much. Though no one ever went wrong with 11 dex. Bonus accumulation alongside more init, attack and block. And if you're concerned about MK, then Martial Mastery is what you want.

>Those who don't have Dominus do.
Ki without Dominus? The horror.

>And hell, maybe some prefer to make their Techies WORK for their shit-wrecking abilities.
That'd screw the non-Technician ki users more than it would screw Technician, as usual. Not to mention that tracking a bunch of seperate pools is a pain.
>>
>>45037610
Weaponmasters can do absorb blows well, but apparently few people like them because of their low MK gains. They're also pretty good with Bastard Sword/Full Shield/Heavy Armor combo, and any GM who just keeps throwing high speed things at them needs their hands slapped.
>>
File: curiosity_part_1_by_kawa_v.jpg (343KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
curiosity_part_1_by_kawa_v.jpg
343KB, 744x1039px
>>45037874
10 DP is still a world of difference after chargen, though.
>Ki without Dominus? The horror.
I know, but Dominus is almost impossible to find in hard cover stateside, and some GMs just don't like/are unable to acquire/bring to the sessions a digital copy.
>Tracking a bunch of separate pools is a pain.
Now you're the one making a mountain out of a molehill with that comment. All you need to do is look down at your character sheet and do some simple subtraction across two or three pools. Heaven forbid.
>>
File: curiosity_part_2_by_kawa_v.jpg (289KB, 756x1047px) Image search: [Google]
curiosity_part_2_by_kawa_v.jpg
289KB, 756x1047px
>>45038071
And the other comic...
>>
>>45037960
My gripe with weaponmasters is the Intellectual: 3 and Subterfuge: 3. Weaponmaster angry. Weaponmaster smash.

>>45038071
I never said it was impossibly difficult, but tracking six things instead of one in the heat of combat in an already complicated system is a bit of a hassle.

>All you need to do is look down at your character sheet and do some simple subtraction across two or three pools. Heaven forbid.
There's also a little thing called GMing, smartass. I don't want to have to track 6 separate pools for every enemy that has Ki in a given fight.
>>
>>45038190
>Intellectual 3 and Subterfuge 3
Of course they're not super learned or sneaky. They're meant to be bodyguard-types and to make that big nasty thing that's trying to eat the glass cannons have to WORK for its meal.

>There's also a little thing called GMing, smartass.
I know. You're speaking to a fellow GM right now. And you don't have to if you don't want to, but being shocked that some GMs(not I), don't have access/are unwilling to use Unification of Ki is a bit unfair to them.

But fuck it. Let's bury the hatchet. There are few enough Anima fags without us fighting each other over Ki.
>>
>>45038439
All I said was that it'd screw non Technicians comparatively worse than it would screw Technicians, and that tracking it is a bit of a pain. Of course some people have only read the corebook or for whatever reason don't like the idea, that's obvious.

But yes.

How are your games going? Anything interesting happen lately? Anyone here use Anima for games set outside Gaia?
>>
>>45038682
Been playing my alchemist from level 3 to 6 but I can't really tell whats going on in this game. The GM is pretty much leading us somewhere but it's slow as hell and recently he decided to host another anima game. To do so he splits the games 1 every 2 weeks, alternating between each of them and well that kills me. Althought, the players are really great in general, probly the best RP party I've ever played with.
>>
>>45021398

>Maintained +50 Initiative/+25 Damage[Single]/+10Attack[Single]/Camouflaged Attack[120]

That's a huge waste of ki, honestly. 50 init is nice, 25 damage is about what you could just buy permanently with that MK, 10 attack is basically nothing.

Camo attack is probably the worst to maintain, since if the opponent sees it even once (and who doesn't have notice capable of hitting 120 after 2-3 levels) it is permanently less effective agaisnt them every time it is used.
>>
>>45038682
Game I'm running is going well enough. Running for two: Ebudan Neph AcroWarrior who is now speccing into WarSum for Incarnation, and Daimah Neph Electomag/Teleport Mentalist. AcroWar recently won Tao Zan and earned herself Mjolnir's approval, as well as the hammer itself. She can wield it because descendant of the Lim Sidhe. Also got a birthday present(Arachne) from a Gaira Dragon. Mentalist is happy because he rescued an Ilona from a Lagor, and it bonded to him. Also his parents gave him a book that's been in their family for generations, which boosts his psychic powers, and contains memoirs of his psychic ancestors.
Most recently, they went to Paradis Paradis, where the Mentalist discovered the wonders of cotton candy, or sugary clouds of evil as he calls it now, and ran amok. The AcroWar entered herself in the Bathing Beauties competition, and barely managed to come in first in THAT. Much congratulations, money, and a dinner party with Gold Collins himself later, they're feeling pretty great.
Then their luckless healer PC>DMPC>NPC dropped the bomb that, back when they had stumbled upon Sylvania in the AcroWar's home province of Alberria, and had witnessed Prince Nerelas doing shady things, that Sylvanus had actually been there looking for one of the keys to release Filisnogos.
With nothing to go on but the NPCs promise to dig up as many leads and info as he can on the whereabouts of the other keys, in the hopes of stopping the mad elf's attempt to wreck humanity, they've set out on fairly incidental quests, which will actually cement their standing with certain organizations in the future, should the worst come to pass.
First order of business: A Tuan Dalyr Crow/agent of Sammael, who happens to be a WarSum who incarnates Ruatha, is looking to get their help proving that the attacks on towns in Alberria is NOT the work of local Tuan tribes, but something else entirely.
So they've set out for Alberria, where who knows what awaits them.
>>
>>45039171
>Who doesn't have notice capable of hitting 120 after 2-3 levels.
My players. Though one has a Nudus that can grant them a 140 Notice/Search with a WP check, but it takes 2 minutes to do the ritual.
>>
>>45039327
You must be the opposite of the GM in the one game I've been in. Notice checks all day every day, and that's before you even add the camouflaged attacks.
>>
What do you all think of the Artifact advantage? What's the highest level artifact you'd let someone have in character creation?
>>
>>45039327

I guess nobody's ever had heat wave thrown around at 1st level before.
>>
>>45039522
No, I throw notices at them frequently, but either they roll high, I roll high on the passive notices, the things trying to sneak up are rolling shit, or the difficulty isn't that high.
>>45039650
No, they haven't. But they did have to fight some Chimera'd homunculi that had the camo power. Mentalist nearly died. They haven't learned.
>>45039625
If they're level 1? Artifact level 1. And they better have a DAMN good explanation as to why their character deserves it.
>>
File: caught in the act.gif (3MB, 312x185px) Image search: [Google]
caught in the act.gif
3MB, 312x185px
Couldn't find it in the thread, and asked in the PDF share thread too, but does anyone have ALL the Anima sourcebooks and splatbooks in a handy dandy MEGA/MegaUpload/Whatever?
>>
>>45039269
I have to admit, that sounds like the most...fantasy anima game i've heard about so far. Usually the campaigns don't get that high in fantasy for me.

>>45039625
>>45039735
>If they're level 1? Artifact level 1. And they better have a DAMN good explanation as to why their character deserves it

I think that's unfair. Artifacts aren't bad and depending on your players you could let them go up to 4+ potentially (not 5 because that's basically the book of the territory.)

I think artifacts mostly depends on the gm and the players, but it's worth noting that artifacts can break what -illusion- of balance anima gives, depending on what kind of powers the artifact has or even something like quality. It is worth noting that artifacts in the prometheum are stupidly leveled at times. Some artifacts that can be low as level 2 plus is easily a level 3 artifact or potentially 3+. It's mostly up to the gm to moderate what kind of stuff they're cool with. Any thing that is capable of reducing AT is pretty strong though.
>>
>>45039864
Here ya go.
https://mega.nz/#F!pZhBUS7L!Dqg24lVzifA23q2qNan3nQ
>>
>>45039882
>Anything that is capable of reducing AT is pretty strong though.
Like the most mundane-looking sword in the entire book?
>>
File: aww yeah.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
aww yeah.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>45039932
Thanks lad!
>>
>>45039966
Yeah, pretty much. That's a pretty potent weapon if not mundane. Although I do think level 4s can get far worse than that and there are some in the book, I think.
>>
File: Verily.jpg (126KB, 456x447px) Image search: [Google]
Verily.jpg
126KB, 456x447px
>>45040064
No problemo.
>captcha: select all images with pizza
>for my reply to your gif
>>
>>45040165
Tartarus Apollyon will outright kill most anything that's not GN 40. So it can one-shot Gaira and C'iel Dragons.
The Rose of Azrael could be potent, if it decided the character was worthy of it. Hint: nobody is.
And never forget Jared Apocryptus.
>>
>>45040334
The Rose doesn't prevent anyone from using if they're not worthy. It just binds with the person if they choose to link. If they're evil they're instantly destroyed. Although, apparently it is incapable of hurting someone who is good or innocent, but rarely anyone meets THAT requirement.
>>
>>45040583
Ah, right. Puts the Rose back on the list of L4 Artifacts that are super strong, then.
>>
I'm reading some of Prometteum exxet supernatural artifacts right now and even tho I know how creating artifacts works, how am I suppose to give them coolass abilities like the ones in the book? There are littraly some power level 2 artifact that allows manipulation of water, and yet the only thing I managed to build up to now is a level 3 pendant that grants +15 psy potential and +20 psy projection both limited to cryokinesis.

Am I forgeting something about artifact creation?
>>
>>45040991
They give you a guide on page 33 for creating your own powers and figuring out a baseline power level Power Point cost.
>>
>>45040583
If someone does meet the requirement, would they still lose health for using it?
>>
>>45041086
Now that I see it, I remember reading it completely. Guess I forgot. thanks lad
>>
Ok /tg/ I want to get into Anima, I have a bunch of the books, and I've read the core but am not really understanding whats going on. Whats the core mechanic? If my player wants to play a Necromancer, is there a way in the game to do that? Coming from a strictly DND background so sorry for the dumb questions.
>>
>>45041120
Yes. That part doesn't change. If they go evil, though, the Rose will turn on them the next time they use it.
>>
>>45041193
Yes there is. Two ways, in fact. The easier way is to make a Wizard, and just grab path levels in the Book of Necromancy. Boom, done.
Ki Users can TECHNICALLY make zombies, but they need to either use Seals of Invocation(Check Dominus Exxet if you have it), or the Blood of the Dead bloodline legacy in the same book.
>>
>>45041193
d100 system.
Each characteristics have modifiers like in DND
Primary abilities are either realted to combat, magic or psychic abilities
Secondary abilities are bonuses that you add to your rolls
Then you have to figure out using the countless amounts of Tables in the core pdf to determine many base stats such as HP, Fatigue, Movement value, etc.

For a beginner, I strongly advice you stay away from magic.
>>
>>45039966
>most mundane-looking sword in the entire book
That's not Mournhäven.
>>
>>45041933
Eh, they're kinda tied. Mournhaven has a more ornate handle and crossguard, but Zelber's hilt is pretty stylish.
>>
Any gm's here would like to start a /tg/ anima game on roll20/skype?
>>
>>45042798
Not I, sadly. Limited data internet, and I'm running one game, going to be in another GMd by one of my players, and am also currently in a 5e Rise of the Runelords AP.
>>
>>45042798
Already running one but maybe.
>>
>>45042798
I am pretty burnt out on GMing so not me (and I'd use IRC if I was going to run).
>>
>>45042949
>5e RotRL
What?
>>
>>45043299
Yeah. Apparently, they tweaked the AP for 5e. Pretty fun so far, though the DM has had to reduce the difficulty a little since it's just two players. We just got through the first book.
>>
Since there doesn't seem to be a 1d4chan article on this, can anybody sell me on this game?
>>
So while there's a whole bunch of Anima people here, how good is the game? I've got the book and I've always wanted to run it, but most people I ask about it are of the opinion that the rules are incredibly busted. Is that true?
>>
>>45043380
It's not perfect, but I've had a lot of fun with it. 'incredibly busted' isn't true. Sure, there are wonky parts and some things could be better balanced, but it's not the end of the world. It does help if your group is willing to houserule some.
>>
>>45043380
It's a bit front-heavy, and the translation work(at least the english version) can mislead you at points. But the system itself is solid, and the various ways to build characters allow for a lot of flexibility. Takes a bit of time to get the chargen down pat, but when you do, you'll be able to throw a new one together pretty quickly.
Also, there are no terrible class choices, each has it's own strengths and drawbacks.
>>
>>45043380
The system can get bonkers depending on how hard you minmax your character. And you need the Ki supplement and errata to fix some glaring issues.

I love the system because of the flexibly and depth of character creation.

There is a large burden on the DM to know the rules well in order to aid the player. The more the DM know the more willing players are willing to try out the game. Getting players to bear the math heavy system is probably the biggest obstacle.

I was fortunate enough to play one entire campaign and half of another one. No luck since then.
>>
>>45043541
What ki supplement?
>>
>>45043560
Dominus Exxet - The Dominion of Ki.
Sorts out Ki Technique and Martial Arts problems. Mainly rate at which you learn new ones, and streamlines the Ki expenditure process a bit.
>>
>>45043380
Eh, unlike the other three I don't think Anima is a system i'd recommend to people. I think it'll honestly benefit from simplifying and making errata/faq for the book.

It's also really annoying that how people interpret rules in this game. Sometimes I think it's bad to the point that I bet the Spanish, French, and English player base are playing entirely different games.
>>
>>45043813
Huh, cool. Are the other Exxet books worth picking up?
>>
>>45043936
Arcana Exxet greatly expands on magic, adding subpaths, metamagic, magical rituals and so on. I think it also has some stuff for psychics. Gaia - Beyond the Dreams (a setting book) and Prometheum Exxet (elaborates on artifacts and their creation), while not necessary, can be pretty useful. Also, make sure to get Core Exxet. It was never translated (for some retarded reason), despite fixing several issues and being overall just really damn useful, but you can still find fan-translated notes that contain everything you'll need.
>>
>>45013295
>Anima's system is fucking great
Yeah, at being an incoherent jumbled mess.
Just because it lets you do stuff you always wanted and never could doesn´t make it great per se.
>>
>>45045572
>incoherent jumbled mess.
Maybe if you just leaf through the books.
But if you sit down and actually READ it, you should be able to grasp it with very little difficulty.
>Just because it lets you do stuff you always wanted and never could doesn't make it great per se.
No, but the fact that it provides enough options for a great amount of variety, without having anywhere NEAR the amount of bloat or trap options of, say, 3.PF, does a lot for it.
>>
>>45041284
Magic isn't that bad though, even for beginners.
Difficulty ratings, from easiest to hardest;
Passive Ki > Psychic > Magic > Ki Techniques
>>
>>45043879
I'm spanish and I have to tell you: even here each person plays the game differently. Mainly because there's far too many rules and secondly because the first edition was a mess and some rules are written in places that don't make any sense, making it quite easy to miss them.
>>
File: 1448796078884.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448796078884.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>45043505
>There are no terrible class choices.
>>
>>45047461
There are some that aren't super great, I'll give that.
But there are none like the trap classes/archetypes of other systems.
>>
>>45047535
It's not that some of the classes aren't super great. I fact, most classes are playable (except hybrids, there's not enough points to play an hybrid class) it's just that, in the long run, magicians, shadows, summoners and technicists are better for their respective roles than any other option.

The only weird case is psychics, because even though they too get outclassed from a certain point onwards, they're completely OP at low level campaigns.
>>
>>45047682
>except hybrids, there's not enough points to play an hybrid class
PsyWars can be good, but they're basically pigeonholed into Physical Increase since it doesn't require Projection, which is the real DP sink for a psychic.

But except for that, yeah, I've never seen a hybrid that was worth it.
>>
>>45047682
>Hybrids are unplayable
I dunno, WarSum Incarnates are capable enough. And the Natural Bonus every level alleviates some of the pressure on Hybrids' secondary shortcomings.
Agree on the psychics bit, though. RailgunMent definitely out-damages Mjolnir-wielding AcroWar right now. Though at later levels, when he starts lagging behind, I'll probably kick an enchanted Heavy Ballista Quarrel his way. Maybe have it be indestructible, and have returning.
>>
>>45047682
>(except hybrids, there's not enough points to play an hybrid class)
Tell that to defined magic projection warlock. He'll be sitting here laughing at you while he saves DP by not buying Defense or magic projection.

Though the idea of a character that can do physical combat yet has 0 defense without a magical shield always rubbed me the wrong way, but eh.

Though yeah, you do need builds like that to make them viable. If you just try to play them like warrior+mentalist or warrior+wizard you're going to suck.
>>
>>45047902
>If you just try to play them like warrior+x you're going to suck.
Exactly.
>>
>>45048248
I'm not saying that's a good thing, mind you. It'd be nice to just be able to play straight warrior+wizard and be decent at it (not as good as a focused warrior or a focused wizard, of course).
>>
>>45048356
It's just a matter of not going too nuts buying up spells, usually. Maybe one path, then throw a bit of ML towards some Arcana Sephira stuff.
At least, that's how I do it, and it works pretty decently.
>>
>>45047682
>except hybrids, there's not enough points to play an hybrid class
What about Tao and Illusionist?
>>
>>45049461
Illusionist is in itself a Hybrid class of Mage and Thief, and you would also be wasting points in class change. I don't see how that could work. What was your idea exactly?
>>
>>45049461
>Tao
That isn't a hybrid class. That's the "I've got a third of Dominus Exxet dedicated to me, me, ME" class.
>>
>>45049461
>>45050165

I kinda think that Tao are pretty bad though. I'm not sure who is the worse between Tao, Warrior Mentalist, or the bloodly assassin. I kinda don't know why the Ranger is there. I feel like there's an obvious one i'm missing though. At least the freelancer could get skills...
>>
>>45049999
I meant in regard of playability the Illusionist isn'T that bad.
>>
>>45051445
>I'm not sure who is the worse between Tao, Warrior Mentalist, or the bloodly assassin
I played a phys increment tao/warrior mentalist with some ki and martial arts and I had a blast, 16 on all important physical stats and together with the rule that if you have more Dex+Agi than 7+Dex+Agi's your opponents you even get more bonuses I was a killing machine of punches and kicks. I also had enough secondary skills even if you don't believe it.

Introverted patron btw.
>>
>>45051445
>Tao
>Bad
Top kek
>>
>>45051445
Tao are amazing if you aren't an idiot with your martial art selections, which just means they require slightly more build planning than other classes.

They've got almost as much MK as a tech (30/level base, plus whatever their martial arts grant, which probably brings them to closer to a 40/level average) and combat stats on par with a warrior, though they fluctuate slightly above/below par in Atk/Def because instead of constant class bonuses they get bonuses from buying specific martial arts.

The only time I've ever seen one fail to be above the party curve was when the GM was coughing up level 3 artifacts left and right, but they were exclusively stuff the Tao couldn't use effectively.
>>
>>45051467
It's not terrible, but unless your party lacks any kind of subterfuge class and you need to be the switch-hitter it's basically just a slightly derpy wizard.

Wizards have never had a problem with secondary skills, so a class that is worse at being a wizard in exchange for some secondary skills doesn't have much point to it.
>>
File: happy tarantino.jpg (59KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
happy tarantino.jpg
59KB, 400x600px
>>45047682
>tfw Technician Super-Saiyan God and not even upset that a wizard has one more spell than me
>>
>>45051852
>Anima
>Thief class

Top fucking kek

I've never been in an Anima game that didn't devolve into Naruto-tier power mongering.
>>
File: medieval giant.jpg (171KB, 517x855px) Image search: [Google]
medieval giant.jpg
171KB, 517x855px
I want to play Anima and be a gigantic bruiser who wears impenetrable armor and a sword so large it can cleave a mountain in two.

What do?
>>
>>45051679
>The only time I've ever seen one fail to be above the party curve was when the GM was coughing up level 3 artifacts left and right, but they were exclusively stuff the Tao couldn't use effectively.
The Tao in my last game spent so many DP on Accumulations/MK and then stacked Pow instead of Dex for massive Ki via innate power. He ended up behind everyone in attack/defense ratings, but still managed to be credit to team by going fast and spamming area attacks/area blocks. I think he'd actually declared a switch to Technician when the game ended via GM vanishing.

>>45052284
Weaponmaster.
>>
>>45052329
>Weaponmaster
Cool. Is there a guide to making a character or something because this core book is a mess.
>>
>>45052379
There actually are some fan guides to character creation. Someone linked their MEGA folder earlier in the thread, might want to look through that.
>>
>>45052284
>I want to play Anima but I didn't even glance at the classes' pictures
It's going to be hard if you can't even do the minimum effort
>>
>>45052408
>Glance at book
>It looks like someone's 4 year old son laid it out

So now what?
>>
>>45052257
I'm currently playing in a campaign that I'm very afraid will turn into this. We're all basically Ki technicians (different classes, but I suspect that now that we're all close to level 6, everyone's going to switch), so it's eventually going to reach the point where the abilities become stupidly obtuse and we're all jacking off over our own Ki. I can imagine the table eventually degrading to where the techniques are all bullshit plot devices that take away any depth from the actual game
>>
>>45052426
>So now what?
How about trying to read it?
>>
>>45052426
>I want to play a game without needing to know shit about the game
Maybe you should try freeform
>>
>>45052455
I want to play a survival game in Anima setting.
It has some great horror elements that goes lost in the sheer power levels that the characters can reach.
My idea was everyone plays an investigator, meaning a lvl 0 free lancer with point buy system where every attribute of 9 is ruled like 10, meaning if you want to buy anything above 8 the cost is doubled.
>>
>>45052789
>Survival horror game
Why would you even use Anima for that?
>>
>>45052892
Because Moth.
>>
>>45051679
I ment the wizard mentalist. No the warrior mentalist. I fudged up there.
>>
>>45052789
OK now that's just fucking silly
>>
>>45052779
>>45052624
>Attempt to read it
>Translation and layout are so horrible and repetitive it's difficult to determine what to do first.

Thanks for the advice. Now what?
>>
>>45052961
Wait until the book discloses its secretes.
>>
>>45052257
The campaign I'm in is 95% social stuff even though we're level 5. We've had a total of two or three combat encounters over the course of the last six months and have been mostly busy running all around Gaia, trying to earn money while hiding because half of the players took the Powerful Enemy disadvantage. No time for anyone to dick around with their powers.
>>
File: 1431210040116.jpg (26KB, 599x521px) Image search: [Google]
1431210040116.jpg
26KB, 599x521px
>tfw no anima game
>tfw one almost started and then the gm disappeared
>>
>>45054177
I would gm a game using roll20 or skype, but I'm not experienced enough with rulings and lore. Plus, english isn't my native language.
>>
>>45053380
I've always wonder what's the proper way to do money in anima. It seem like anyone who knows what they're doing can go from 1 copper to shit ton of gold easily enough.
>>
>>45051679

Godhand/Taekwondo shenanigans are hilarious, btw.
>>
>>45014973
Anima is fun as shit, I just have no idea how to even begin making a character.

I've never seen a game handle magic and necormancy in particular as well as Anima, it's just a fucking nightmare to understand and I can't play unless someone makes my character for me, and babies the rules to me the entire game like I'm a down syndromer.
>>
>>45059901
It's really not that bad once you've done it once. In fact, there's a chargen cheat-sheet floating around somewhere that's super helpful, buuuuuuuut I can't fucking find it because I don't have it saved on this computer.

Maybe someone else can provide.
>>
File: 1434005605692.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1434005605692.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45062489
>>
>>45052906
>Moth
Abel H Christ, anon. You want to just THROW level 0's into THAT?!
That's not survival horror, that's just plain PCs getting murdered.
>>45059706
Pretty good combo, there. I'm personally a fan of Lama Tsu/Hanja for full "No touching the merch" mode. Also eyeballing Exellion/Velez on the offensive side.
>>
What exactly is Anima?
>>
>>45063712
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus
>>
>>45064015
I was more meaning the game. I've heard it's name, and was linked to this thread hours ago and just kept it up. I'm curious as to what it is.
>>
Is necromancy evil?I hate that I have to ask this, but really is necromancy considered to be an evil act or makes someone evil in anima?

>>45063712
The only way I can sum it up is that it's medieval game where the church holds sway and supernatural creatures and powers are hunted down to keep the masses ignorant of it's existence. However, once you go further pass the surface there is great forces that play a grand game from the shadows or some crap like that. Maybe someone else can put it eloquently.

Personally, I think it's just fucking anime the game.
>>
>>45064503
Yeah, "Anime the RPG" sums it up pretty nicely. So does "Over the top the Table-Top", though that's more the higher levels, when your characters can pull Exalted-level bullshit.
Though sometimes it can be also summed up as "You thought you'd be playing Naruto, you wound up playing Berserk."
Which fits, because some spots(Moth, Azur Alliance turf, Shivat) get grim fast.
Also every level in Anima is, like, two in D&D.
>>
>>45064503
And necromancy legit fucks with the flow of souls, so yes, it IS considered evil. There're spells called Soul Beam and Shield of Souls, FFS.
>>
>nearly missed the annual Anima thread
Oh boy
My guys just left a Nightmare Lord castle, taking a Wake Mirror with them, to get a favor from another Nightmare Lord. Also, they got a zeppelin.

I'm really lost on what to do next. I left twenty plot hooks dangling yet I don't know where to go.
>Illusionist : went full mage instead of rogueish, made a pact with a Dark Mage to get power in exchange of said mirror, was about to betray the party
>Acrobat : Got turned into a puppet aka rerolled into
>Dark Paladin : a cursed loli puppet with a homebrewed set of weapons/masks, similar to the D'Anjayni incarnation. Turns everyone she touches into puppets thanks to a demon. Wants to find and kill said demon.
>Tao : Granny. Wants to fly, has 3 sons and 4 husbands. Pretty shallow character.
>Assassin : Got captured and killed for her Blood of Tsukiyomi, then got rezzed (offscreen). Currently hiding her zombie status from the rest of the party.
>>
>Still no Gaia : Beyond the Mirror PDF
Is it even out in english? I can't find it in french either and I know that one's out.
>>
Does anyone use the Gaia 2 stuff?
>>
>>45065741
What, Gaia Volumen II - Más Allá del Espejo? I've got it, and I think it may be in the Mega upthread.

It's a 396 MB scan, and not OCR'd which makes it a pain in the ass to try and translate.
>>
I love this system
>party starts out with a plot that a minor town is corrupt and controlled from the shadows
>a nephelem shows up as a test subject for said organisation
>Without giving them any indication of this guy having deeper ties than just "this organisation is evil guys, you should stop them" The party immediately derails the campaign, leaves the city, and forgets everything about the town.
>7 levels later, they get some down time, and someone remembers the town.
>they head back to finish that job.
>the organisation has been running for decades, and their 1 year absence changed nothing.
>they go all stealthy and tries infiltrating the organisation
>gets into the main hideout
>gets found out.
>Players panick and run, because "THEY OUTNUMBER US 4 TO 1!!!1!!!"
>techie with teleport powers want to stall them while the rest of the party escapes
>kills 7 of the 20 bad guys on 1 turn

They somehow thought these common thugs would still be an issue at level 9.
>>
>>45027154
Yeah, but they can keep spamming their shit literally endlessly whereas Ki and especially Magic users will eventually run out. Psychics are honestly pretty much broken as fuck if you don't give the wizard like a month of recuperation every once in a while.
>>
>>45065923
They also don't have to deal with accumulating before throwing out their massive fireballs.
>>
Since nothing is really "level dependant" in this game, most or the imbalances come from early access to absurd shit that the characters shouldn't get access to. Psy powers especially.

Most of them have never been a problem for me, as a GM, because it is really easy to just say "not yet" if you feel it would bring them too far ahead of the general power level of the group.

I suppose that does require some system knowledge, though. I just follow he general guideline that says that if they are trying to focus TOO much into one stat or power, like, 80% of their allowance on getting access to some end level psychic power at level 4, then maybe they should dial back and pock up some of the lower level ones first. You don't suddenly pick up the strongest power of a discipline without at least having cursory knowledge of the lower degrees first. I don't require people having all of then, but I've seen people buy access to a discipline and immediately try to buy one of the last and most powerful abilities in the discipline. And I have yet to have people complain about the fairly reasonable restrictions.
>>
>>45066322
The problem with psy powers is when you say "you can now" those powers are already underpowered compared to Ki and magic
>>
>>45066444
See >>45065923
>>
>>45066322
Psychic powers put you at level 4 effects for the entire campaign. If you only play up to level 3, they're the best. If you hit level 4, then they're okay. After level 4 it's all downhill for them.
>>
>>45066463
>magic
>running out of zeon
Top kek
Seems like you don't play much this game
>>
>>45066463
>fighters can hit with their sword 24/7 is not fair for the wizard
>>
>>45066483
Nobody plays Anima.

It's not my post, anyway.
>>
>>45066483
>allowing arcana exxet zeon combo
Nope
>>
>>45066465
>After level 4 it's all downhill for them.
I have a party at level 12, and the pure psychic character have no troubles keeping up with the others. In fact, the party has to stop their unstoppable snowballing throwing the BBEGs minions because of the wizard, and even the Ki users once in a while, despite them being fairly even on the power scale. Hell, the weaponmaster is the only guy who has troubles keeping up, and he is practically unkillable compared to the rest of the group.

The support coming from a psychic at higher levels, with a lot of slots for sustained powers, is absurd, and can complete change a fight all on its own. And that is before he actively starts attacking.
>>
>>45066518
Yeah, no.

The "zeon battery" build is also out. The weaponmaster wanted it, and I straight up just said no.

I am not unreasonable, and you will be getting plenty of time to recuperate your spent zeon. But I won't allow you to have an infinite amount of it. Then we might as well house rule it out entirely.

Psychics get an infinite amount of power, and that is their prime benefit compared to wizards. I am not screwing over the psychics more than they already are.
>>
>>45066505
Why not?

I do. I have a long running campaign online, and I am starting a new one up IRL this weekend, after sorting through the abundance of players who want to join.

It is a fun and cool setting, it allows for some truly unique characters compared to the rest of the party, and the complexity of the system is a boon once you get past the hurdle of getting to know the system.
>>
>>45066608
>Why not?
Because it's not one of the big three systems of D&D, WoD, and Shadowrun.
>>
>>45066552
>mentalists never run out of power!
>wizards too while being way more powerful
>I don't allow it therefore my point still stands!
You're a moron
>>
>>45066685
The difference is that it is an exploit that allows infinite zeon.

And shit son, every system out there has exploits. Having to make sure one of them doesn't break you or the players enjoyment of the game is part of GMing. Just allowing it mindlessly would be pretty short sighted
>>
>>45066770
Ki and magic have ways of having infinite resources, I don't know why you say psy is broken
>>
>>45066811
I don't.

You are thinking of another anon.

I was arguing why the infinite zeon tricks are bullshit and shouldn't be used.

Unless the player himself spent a fuckton of points on zeon regeneration, including creation points for higher regeneration, but then that sort of becomes the characters "thing", and it probably won't be too effective either, since you are pooling far more resources into your pure zeon regeneration than you have a real need for, since you'll be lacking behind in actual power.
>>
People seem to forget that mentalists can die if they roll bad
>>
>>45066770
>Exploit
Pretty sure is 100% intended
>>
>>45067040
Some of it might.

The "zeon battery" build that any class, notably those with 0 uses for zeon, can pick up incredibly cheap, and then just act as batteries for the party wizard, is very unlikely to be intended. Unless you have some kind of background reason for your characters to do this kind of thing, that won't be allowed. It makes no sense from any perspective other than straight up powergaming, and maybe the odd "wizards apprentice" shoutout.
>>
>>45067062
Someone should ask Carlos, last time I did they didn't have a problem with those combos
>>
>>45067087
Yup. The only zeon "battery" thing they've ever changed was the old trick of creating a bunch of Homonculi that had more zeon in them than you used to cast the spell then draining them, thus creating a self-sustaining infinite zeon loop.

Using people to slow-charge extra zeon batteries isn't a big deal, it improves magical endurance but it's hard to access that zeon in the middle of a fight, and those gobs of low-level artifacts take time and resources to create and can be removed or destroyed.
>>
>DM doesn't let me use lentil soup as poison for a pure duk nerchant
>>
>>45066518
>Arcana Exxet Zeon combo
please explain what this is, so I know what to watch out for.
>>
>>45066505
I've GMed one campaign to completion, and been in another that died due to GM disappearance. It might not be D&D but people play it.
>>
Does anyone tried ceating a Necromancer/summoner?
>>
>>45067062
What's the trick here? Your average non caster is not exactly going to have a lot of zeon regeneration. Even if you're like, an Innate Power/Tai Chi martial with 12+ power you've only got like 15 accumulation and 150ish Zeon. And don't you need the gift to do so?
>>
>>45068191
Had one player try that.
Unfortunately the campaign fell apart immediately after her character was introduced, due to store closure.
Shame, really, as her character was going to try to attain lichdom.
>>
>>45068217
That's just one of the tricks there's also the turn fatigue into Ki into zeon into Ki loop
>>
>>45068217
I believe the trick is turning your other party members, the ones who don't need zeon, into living zeon batteries.
>>
>>45068217
You don't need the Gift for Zeon/MA, IIRC they made it that way because Summoners were forced to take it to make their class actually functional, which was an immediate waste of 2CP. Also why the Zeon Regeneration Multiple is a thing.
>>
>>45068518
No but you need the gift to transfer Zeon.

>Characters without the Gift can not use their magical power; this means they are not able to give magic points to individuals who can.
>>
>>45068618
Which is why I'm as confused as you as to what exactly this Zeon Battery trick is.
>>
>read thread stuff about summoner being OP as fuck
>wonder why Anima thread subject suddently went from Zeon battery to summoners
>realise I'm reading the wrong thread

That explain stuff

Any thoughts on summoners? My GM says it's broken.
>>
>>45068845
One of my players managed to minmax his familiar (the one you get just for being a summoner) as a massive golem with several thousand hp at level 1 so... go figure.
>>
>>45068618
You can steal zeon of someone without the gift though
>>
>>45068952
You don't "just get" a familiar for being a summoner. you need to take a familiar Advantage.
Was it a sheele(fairy, from Arcana)?
And several THOUSAND HP? How?
>>
>>45068983
Is that a spell or Metamagick?
>>
>>45069001
Yeah, got that wrong, he got the familiar advantage.
The think is, it's been a long time and I don't remember how it worked but there was a way to use CP in multiplicating a creature's natural HP.
>>
>>45069178
The only thing I can think of is having a Damage Resistance creature(that's where the multiplied HP comes from) of a Gnosis 30(Which grants it an extra CP that can be turned into 50 DP).
But getting a Gnosis 30 creature at level 1? Sheer insanity. Unless your GM allowed the summoner to spend their own CP like that for their familiar, which doing so makes little to no sense.
>>
>>45068618
Arcana exxet has a gift for 1 point that makes you count as a wizard for all purposes but actual casting. So they can trade, but without actually having the 2-point gift.
>>
>Or´inie: It works in the same way as the mystical symbol the Nephilim
are born with. Nevertheless, once they fulfill it, true Ebudan can choose
between transcending into the Flow of Souls and being reborn as spiritual
entities with a Gnosis of 30, or staying in the world as guides for others of
their kind. They get a +2 bonus to their POW and WP either way.

so what exactly does an Ebudan becomes when they "transcend into the Flow of Souls as a 30 gnosis spiritual being"?

Also, couldnt find anything about Ebudan's physical needs... Theorically their like angels and stuff, but they're in a physical form so does that means they have to same needs than humans?
>>
>>45070195
>so what exactly does an Ebudan becomes when they "transcend into the Flow of Souls as a 30 gnosis spiritual being"?
Probably whatever the fuck they want, though they certainly lean towards typical angel-themed stuff since that's kinda their gig.

>they're in a physical form so does that means they have to same needs than humans?
Yes.
>>
>>45068845
The thing with Summoners is that they're useless in most fights, but give them a few months of downtime and they'll raise a force capable of destroying a country.
>>
File: Orb of Infinite Trolling.jpg (537KB, 1294x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Orb of Infinite Trolling.jpg
537KB, 1294x1671px
>>45070710
Boy, it'd be real scary if there was a Summoner monster.
Oh wait.
>>
>>45070669
>Probably whatever the fuck they want
Ok but, they have to become a spirit or something.

I know Ebudan are not usually meant to be played by a player, but let's say it's the case.

So let's say a player starts as an Ebudan and eventually reach his Sue'aman transcending to a 30 gnosis spiritual being, how does he keep roleplaying from here?
>>
>>45070710
Summoners are still usefull by banishing monsters.
>>
>>45070831
>how does he keep roleplaying from here?
The assholish summoner familiars him. Ours tried to, after 2 years of campaign when this happened. The Ebudan player punched him in the nuts
>>
>>45070831
>how does he keep roleplaying from here?
Unless the party has a summoner to drag his ass back to Gaia, he probably doesn't.

The ascension options is pretty much "later mortal nerds, my existential purpose is complete, have fun dying of old age while I live forever!".
>>
>>45071067
Yeah, though Paladins are more survivable if all you're looking for is a walking Banish stick.
>>45070831
Well, that happening should USUALLY be late-ish in the campaign, so it wouldn't be TOO big of a deal, assuming the others have obtained some powerful abilities/artifacts.
Or >>45071504 and >>45071503 happen.

They could also go full "Woooooooo, I'm a spirit, woooooooo," and haunt/harass the low-level NPCs of some town in Moth or something. Until the Demon Inquisitors show up with a whole lot of "Deus Vult Exterminatus!"
>>
>>45063712
Dragon Ball meets Beserk
>>
So I just got this game and tried running a test fight with two of my players.
It went really slow. Is there is there a way to speed it up? I know, like most games, it will take time to get used to it but this seems to be an extra case of crunch. I'd like to make the first couple of sessions as painless as possible for my players.
>>
>>45073255
What parts were slow for you, exactly? Resolving attacks?
>>
File: Anima Combat Flowchart.jpg (316KB, 1190x998px) Image search: [Google]
Anima Combat Flowchart.jpg
316KB, 1190x998px
>>45073255
This might help. Maybe.
>>
PsyChiC fatigue resistanCe
A character with this Advantage never experiences exhaustion when
using his psychic powers.
Effects: If a character fails in the use of one of his powers, he does not
lose Fatigue when he has used up his available PP. Third level powers are
not affected by this Advantage.
Cost: 2

This means a psychic can use any level 1 or 2 powers whitout ever spending free PP and he will never loose fatigue if he fails?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>45074223
Nope, you're right.
>>
>>45074540
This advantage sounds like a must to me then. It sounds ridiculously strong.

Any advantages/disadvantages some of you would recommend for a psy?
>>
>>45075240
>third level powers aren't affected
>>
>>45075356
>not wanting to spam combat abilities for free whitout caring of fumbles at all

yeah sure lvl 3 powers arent affected, but it still grants you unlimited uses of lvl 1 and 2 powers. I'm not a very experienced anima player, but from what I've seen until now, utility is something quite strong in the game I'm in and it happens that alot of level 1 and 2 powers are all into utility/support. I haven't seen lategame yet, we're only at lvl 6 now.
>>
>>45073274
Resoling attacks was a lot of it.
I had also started them at first level. It was a Tao and a WeaponMaster armed with a bastard sword against a bunch of guards. It was just a test run to get a feel for the system but it seemed like a real slugfest. There didn't SEEM to be much motivation to move or manuver and it took forever for anyone to land a meaningful hit.
>>
>>45075511
>Resoling attacks was a lot of it.
I personally run on IRC with a dicebot that resolves Anima attacks for you (plug in the attack value, defense value, AT and base damage and it rolls and spits out the result). Can link it if you want. Even before that I didn't find it hard to punch the results into a calculator though, once you know the formula.

>It was just a test run to get a feel for the system but it seemed like a real slugfest
This is why most people disregard the 'absorption' part of the damage calculation. It just slows down fights.
>>
>>45075511
>There didn't SEEM to be much motivation to move or manuver and it took forever for anyone to land a meaningful hit.
This is mostly about mixing it up. Ranged enemies as well as melee enemies, Ki techniques, magic, psy powers, Ars Magnus, metamagic, different environments, lightly armored fast opponents vs heavily armored slow opponents, Damage Resist creatures and more can all help there. Plus, as people rise above level 1 they'll get more abilities and options. Low level fights turn into slogs fairly easily in a lot of systems, if just because level 1 doesn't typically dump a giant lost of options on you.
>>
>>45075796
It also makes armor viable at all.
Disregarding absorption makes the fights quicker and more deadly to the point where armor is useless and you're playing rocket tag.
>>
>>45078153
With absorption, evenly matched combatants have a 30% chance of being able to damage each other with an attack. And even that is a bit misleading, because hitting for 10% damage is almost never going to be impressive. And if you have less attack than your enemy has defense, you might as well not bother because you've got a far greater chance of being counterattacked in the face than you do of accomplishing anything of worth. Actually, you have a greater chance of being counterattacked in the face as opposed to dealing damage even if you are evenly matched (50% chance of getting countered, 30% of dealing damage). Yes, there are some things that can skew this in the attacker's advantage like multiple attack techniques, ganging up on people, fired projectiles. But there are similar ways of mitigating that from the defender's perspective - additional defense techniques, energy shields, etc.

I'd argue that armor and life are arguably more important if you're not using absorption, since you're more likely to be taking actual damage, rather than just being able to rely on a decent defense score to mitigate 70% of what's thrown your way.
>>
>>45078988
The 2 empty rows on the table are stupid yeah but just removing them and shifting everything 2 rows up is also bad. Add the 2 rows back with values in between on like 3rd and 6th rows to mitigate removing the absorption.
>>
>>45078988
Agreed.
Any character I roll has to at least be able to wear a damned Longcoat. That 1 or 2 AT has meant the difference between Crit and Just a Flesh Wound several times.
>>
>>45080816
Oh, I don't use the table in the first place. I use the formula from Core Exxet.
>>
>>45075462
Remember that you still have the other consequences of a fumble to deal with, though.

But yeah, some lvl 2 powers are super good.
Like Psychic Assault.
>Turn 1 PA
>Turn 2 PA
>Turn 3 Psychic Death
>Turn 4 Mind Control your new vegetable puppet.
>>
>>45083041
You know, i've never seen a psychic do that in an anima game yet. It seems like one of those combos that is the ultimate asshole move.
>>
>>45073125
>It even has Ganishka as a character
>>
>>45075240
>It sounds ridiculously strong.
It's really not. Unless you're a hybrid class with deficient WP it's just fumble insurance. For 2CP you could just take Good Luck and Touched by Destiny instead.
>>
File: file.png (100KB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
100KB, 350x242px
>>45015703
>See player doing broken-as-fuck gimmick
>mfw there is another gimmick made to counter it and it all ends up in hilariously dumb gimmicks

fuckin anima man.
>>
>>45028010
Reminder that lilith is a canonical SLUT.
>Most used spell is the anticonceptive one even if it's a great spell sex-part aside if you're playing investigator.
>>
>>45028388
>The problem is more that they don't know how to KILL him,
They actually do.

Basically the plan is as it follows
>Have someone go ultramode with one of the other 10 pillars
>Then put him vs omega, kill omega and go ultragod mode, use said weapon to make god paella.
>>
>>45040334
>Tartarus Apollyon
Down side: He is a total asshole and WILL make sure you remember this.

Anyone with multiple attacks and zelber will make anything into minced meat, only being opposed by the imperial sword, because no training PLUS +1 to every accumulation.
>>
>>45086489
Which runs right back into the problem of "what if Omega wins?". Plus a giant Dragonball Z battle between Pillar wielders runs the risk of tipping off the Beryls and Shajads about the plan, which is unacceptable.

Much better to just let him stew in prison and hope one of his periodic escape attempts ends in some plucky mortals solving the problem for them.
>>
>>45086534
>Which runs right back into the problem of "what if Omega wins?".
Anon, this is barnabas and imperium.

They have a contingency i omega loses, because they're totally wanting him to win and not making this up on the fly. Totally.

Also they wanted to make them DBZ it up on the personal hell for Omega, thus making the "omega won" scenario less lethal.
>>
>>45086452
Sounds like JoJo.
>>
>>45086344
Where is touched by destiny at? Can't find it in the books I have.
>>
>>45087349
GM's toolkit.
>>
>>45086598
It CAN end up like that, yes.
It could even be argued that Technicians can make Stands.
>>45086555
Trips confirm. Barnabus has Tzeench-level backup plans and contigency plans and plans that only work if other plans fail, and so on, and so forth.
>>45086527
The +1 and no training is good on Seoman Kephas and all, but Jared Apocryptus flat-out tells GODS to fuck off with their supernatural bullshit, or it WILL murder their shit. Also it boosts Mundus: Surrounding Manipulation, which is a pretty solid Ars Magnus.
>>
>>45089035
>Barnabus has Tzeench-level backup plans and contigency plans and plans that only work if other plans fail, and so on, and so forth.
Luckily for everyone he's also as incompetent.
>>
>>45086469
>Implying not every woman except Sophia is a huge slut.
>>
>>45089218
>t. false flagging perma-PMS'ing selene bitch
>>
>>45089248
>Selene
I think you mean the wrong character
>>
>>45089173
True
>>45089218
You talking shit about Dinah, anon? 'Cuz that's what it sounds like.
>>45089248
>Selene Bitch
Kali?
Can't be Celia or Feng Yi, they're both pretty chill.
>>
>>45090562
Celia pretty much opened her legs so she gets the opportunity chasing another dick.
>>
>>45090562
Celia grew a brain.
And wissen gave her tampax
>>
>>45091113
Whose dick is she canonically chasing?
>>45091511
Makes me wonder if half of Selene's bitchiness couldn't be solved by Wissen shipping them a few crates of tampons and pads.
Along with instructions, because those chicks be dumb.
>>
>>45091800
Lemures dick? The two are apparently together in all the example stuff. Although I think i've only seen the dude reference once in all the gaia books as an official thing.
>>
>>45091800
Probably would.
Also one of her party, idk which ones.
>>
>>45093446
>>45093458
Ahhh. Okay.
>>
File: w460.jpg (40KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
w460.jpg
40KB, 420x294px
>>45039932
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>45090562
One of the scariest bad ends in anima is Imperium winning.
Makes anima into a boring world, no magic, everything interesting and powerful dead.
>>
>>45094746
Wouldn't that be more of the church and inquisition? I though the imperium winning would be the end of free will and a golden age for mankind?
>>
>>45094975
Church doesn't have the power to actually buttfuck c'iel and gaira. And generally are pretty short sighted other than "Kill all non-humans, all supernatural and all non-christians", that's an endgame they won't reach, plus romeo has his own endgame, magnus his own and the empress is still the pope PLUS therre will be lucanor loyalists (giovanni was elected as the first emperor and his blood line was selected by christ for this), the probablity of them going endgame is none and even then you'd still have ki, "miracles", holy elementals (romeo is one), etc...

Imperium is only made for one thing "destroy things that barnabas thinks are broken", there is no other end-game. Nuke c'iel and gaira, become world police no-fun-allowed.
>>
>>45087486
Which is a pretty odd name for it given how much of it is new options for players.
>>
File: 0wTcBO3.gif (367KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
0wTcBO3.gif
367KB, 500x255px
>>45039932
based anon praise be
>>
File: 1425442955296.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1425442955296.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>have an entire homebrew document of various changes and additions to the rules
>haven't played in an anima game in ages, and don't enjoy running games
>>
>>45102442
If you're not willing to run games you kind of lose your ability to complain about there being a lack of them.

I know the 'haven't played in ages' feel though.
>>
>>45103772
I was running games for the longest time though. Over two years. It just got to the point where I realized I wasn't looking forward to game nights.
>>
>>45103825
Well, okay. That I can entirely understand, I'm currently burned out as fuck on GMing myself, can't wait for my current game to end so I can just relax. Feels like I've been endlessly pouring effort into games and getting nothing back. I'll get back into it eventually though.
>>
>>45103890
I just wish I could actually play in an Anima game that didn't fall apart after a couple months for once.
>>
>>45103939
You and me both.

I've been in exactly one game, and while it lasted more than a couple months it ended with a particularly frustrating GM disappearance.
>>
Here is a question: does anything prevent me from choosing an advanced martial art at level 1 if the requirements are met?
>>
>>45105211
Only the gm, really. If you can grab velez and dimah as a tao, you may as well try to. although some gms are really anal about advanced martials arts. Like "NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE GOOD STUFF EARLY" anal. It's pretty bad because in most cases the general anima pop will not requirements for nearly all of the other advance martial arts.
>>
How good is Jack of All-Trades considered?
>>
>>45105438
Eh? It's okay I guess. It seems kinda a waste of 2 cp as it is entirely dependent on what kind of gm you have. A freelancer will get the best out of it, but even then skill checks aren't that various in my anima experience.
>>
So what advantages would you suggest for a Tao?
>>
>>45105535
At least one point for Martial Mastery is mandatory I think.
Then there are more hit point or higher resistances that are never wrong.
Maybe some natural armor. I wouldn't suggest against Energy since you can get this kind of armor with spending MK.
Of course there is also higher Initiative which increases your chances of surprise attacks.
>>
>>45105438
Underpowered for the cost, but theoretically useful.
>>
>>45105535
1 or more Martial Mastery, probably +Dex (up to 11 if you can). If you're going to be using Ki techs then Total Accumulation is good since it means you can buy fewer accumulation multiples. Aside from that, just general fighty character goodstuff.
>>
>Tao specialized in grappling, holds and throws
OP or laughable weak?
Are there any trains in Anima I can sublex?
>>
>>45105438
It's as fickle as the lore ones.
>>
>>45107018
It's good if your DM is lenient on what you can suplex and you fight people who don't use magic shields.

There are no trains in anima. You have zeppelins tho.
>>
>>45107695
>"Well, heroes, you may have stopped my plan of world conquer, but I will safely escape in my glorious zeppelin and you can't stop me! AHAHAHAHA... ʍɥʎ ɐɹǝ ʍǝ ndsıpǝ poʍu
>>
>>45107851
>Okay the enemy if fleeing an-
>I technician it in the back.
>What?
>I technician it. On the back.
>>
>>45105535
Martial Mastery is extremely good for any Ki user, I'd recommend at least two points in it.

What martial arts are you thinking of taking? Like if you're going with a Tai Chi build that might change things slightly.
>>
>>45109064
>Tai Chi build
While I may never even get a game of Anima, this is exactly what I would do. Making characters for systems I like a hobby/obsession for me
>>
>>45107695
>It's good if your DM is lenient on what you can suplex
Isn't there a rule that you get for everything on four legs a malus on grappling?
>There are no trains in anima. You have zeppelins tho.
As I feared.
So my character would have to become an agent of Wissenschaft, research technology to invent trains so I can suplex them.
>>
>>45068191

It's effective on paper, especially if you're undead, because then you're immune to most summonings but can still summon undead and living things. Necromancy also has a lot of versatility.

Probably better to use Creation and Chaos for making custom monsters, but Necromancy does it well and you don't have to worry about other summoners fucking your monsters up.
>>
>>45109452
Also you get to work with umbrella!

>>45109180
Official grapple rules state "if DM allows, you can grapple whatever"
>>
>>45109486
>umbrella
>not working with best boy Hringham
It's like you want to shit on Necromancy.
>>
>>45109531
>being a traditionalist pleb
>Not crafting your undead
>>
>>45109130
>Be TaiChi Tao
>adventuring aside huge battle monsters
>meet that one Akido Tao because you know there will be one
>Beats up your partners
>Your turn
>Tell gm smug that your strength modifier is zero
This is why you have Taichi
>>
>>45109744
Feels good man.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.