[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>yfw your roleplaying group will never...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 23
File: critical role.png (947 KB, 1035x560) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
critical role.png
947 KB, 1035x560
>yfw your roleplaying group will never be this good
>>
>>45011915
I don't know who any of them are, except maybe flute guy? He looks vaguely familiar
>>
This like a youtube, twitch channel or something?
>>
>>45011915
> geek and sundry
> scripted penis wank
> good
10/10 for getting me to reply
>>
>>45011962
Maybe a podcast thing?
>>
Didn't one those guys' mom die, or something?
>>
>>45011962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCaPvWzY8Vk
>>
>>45011915
>no trigger discipline

>bow strung when not in combat

>all of them wear black in some amount, even drunkbarian in the back

3/10, would not play with.
>>
The only thing I'd really consider "good" about them is that they always seem enthusiastic and excited to be playing, and not averse to actually getting into character and roleplaying.

The most I've ever seen at of...pretty much all normal players is a bored, monotone, bored voice and no sense that they actually want to be there. And I don't just mean in my games, I mean in all games I've ever seen played.
>>
>>45012005
>all of them wear black
Black is the coolest color, didn't you know? Neo wore black. So did Darth Vader.
>>
My roleplaying group is a fair sight better than these permanent newbies and their DM's unfocused railroading.
>>
So, of the three girls, how many are there for social uniqueness points?
>>
>>45011953
Strange that you mentioned Scalin looking familiar, I said the same thing when I started watching.
>>
>>45012059
While I don't have a problem with your criticism of the Critcal Role people, I also don't believer your group is better.
>>
>>45012085
What exactly does that mean?

I used to think Marisha was one of those girls who was paid to show up at nerd things as basically a booth-babe, but not so much anymore. Now I just think she's annoying.
>>
>>45012023
That... That's really kind of sad. I mean I get that from my group when we pass the 5 or 6 hour mark on ocassion...
>>
>>45011915
>Good
>The fighter isn't even wearing armor
>>
>>45012138
PROTIP: If you insist your group is better than average, it's because you and them are actually worse.
>>
>>45012129
She's the worst part of the show. Everything she does is obnoxious. I wish Matt would break up with her so that they could kick her. She bogs the whole group down.
>>
>>45012156
But my roleplaying group consists of Morgan Freeman, Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery, and Ian McKellen.
>>
>>45012195
I'm not arguing that at all. I'm just saying that I think she actually wants to be there.
>>
>>45012125
>>/r9k/
>>
>>45012156
They don't have a fighter. The only melee people they have are a cleric, a rogue, and a barbarian.
>>
>>45012085
What does this mean?
>>
Thats like posting a professional baseball team and saying "you wont ever be this good".

of course not. These guys at for a fucking living, have had coaching and experience, not to mention a fucking campaign so rail roaded you could operate an actual train on it called "Wizards marketing."

It just seems so fucking scripted, and the clever' moments are just some baisic hack and slash tricks. I dont see any real character investment other then a throw back sometimes or maybe an npc's past friend says hi.

I'll hand it to them though, they stay on track and genuinely seem to enjoy themselves. I guess you cant ask more of a group

>>45012085
One of them is the GM's girlfriend. Shes also a huge bitch and metas. Take a guess.
>>
>>45012224
Oh, I wasn't meaning to contribute to the discussion of players wanting to be there. I just saw the opportunity to complain about Marisha and jumped on it.
>>
>>45012153
except they don't have a fighter, anon.
>>
>>45011915
RP groups rarely only consist of actors. Matt Mercer is a great inspiration for DMs though.
>>
>>45012257
Shit, meant to say "social uniqueness points" not "wanting to be there"
>>
>>45012156
I didn't insist on that at all. I'm just saying your standards are just sad
>>
File: 582835823.png (124 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
582835823.png
124 KB, 300x300
>watching people play dnd

The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>45012005
>bow strung when not in combat

Honestly, with a bow as shit as that one I doubt it really matters much. It looks like the sort of bow you'd get in a $15 babbys first archery starter kit. It's even got the acrylic red "straight outta 6th grade PE" finish to it.
>>
>>45012129
pretty sure shes just there cause shes fucking the DM
>>
>>45012031
>Black is the coolest color

Black is a shade, not a color dingus
>>
>>45012228
Shit, meant to reply to >>45012153
Not >>45012156
>>
>>45012296
Seems like a good way to explore new ideas and ways to do things.
>>
>>45012250
>>I'll hand it to them though, they stay on track and genuinely seem to enjoy themselves. I guess you cant ask more of a group

This is, I guess, what bothers me the most. I love narrative campaigns, with a story you can actually follow and players invested in making things happen. So it would be cool to see what a group of people who really want to be there and roleplay would do with that.

Unfortunately, Mercer isn't really that kind of the DM, and the group just seems a bit too...simple, I guess? Like their actions, their roleplay, their ideas, they all sound like they are still level 1 playing their first D&D session.
>>
>>45011915
If Matt Mercer was my GM I would probably keep quoting leon from RE4 until he strangles me.
>>
>>45012302
Ah but anon, it's the principle of the matter.
>>
>>45012296
That'd be nearly alright, especially to pick up ideas.
What I can't understand is people spending their lives watching other people play video games. Like, what the fuck man, all the time you spent watching, you could have played yourself, just double-click the goddamn .exe. It's not like you have to bother learning a shitload of rules and finding a group and set up everything IRL.
>>
>>45012271
Matt's pre'much the main reason I watch. If I had to prune my least favorite characters there would only be scalin, matt, and grog
>>
>>45012097
We will just have to exist in different worlds, then.
>>
>>45012250
For doing it for a living, they're really bad at holding audience interest, building a narrative, maintaining serviceable audio standards, creating any point for the visual element, knowing the rules of the shitty game they're playing, and generally acting like people who have apparently been doing this for actual years.
>>
>>45012560
Same reason you'd watch live plays: to see how a different personality brought themselves to the game and how they interact with it, as well as pick up new techniques and avenues for your own play. You're there for the personality, not the game. The game is just the medium through which that personality is explored.
>>
>>45011981
>CR
>scripted
>>
>>45012860
Have you played a video game, like ever?
You do realise they're a shitload more restrictive that tabletop RPGs, right?
>>
>>45011915
Of course they won't...
My roleplaying group is better.
>>
>>45012250
>It just seems so fucking scripted
That's what happens when you get actual actors to do improv.
>>45012691
>not liking Vax
I can at least forgive not liking Pike, she's fine but her work schedule is fucked
>>
>>45012813
literal autism

they have a pretty good grasp of rules and the whole point of house ruling is to keep gameplay smooth instead of being halted every 5 seconds by neckbeard rule lawyers who pride themselves on memorizing every niche ruling and interaction they can but can never remember to conduct personal hygiene
>>
>>45011915
Who's the blonde on the far right? I can't remember what I've seen her in, but I know I've seen her in something.
>>
>>45013138
Yes, and? People are very complicated, and what they do with limitations is more telling than what they do without them. Have you never watched someone else play a game you've beaten? Ever?
>>
>>45013331
She's a voice actress, but right now she plays a minor character in the TV show Blindspot.
>>
>>45013188
Here's a fun game. Mark down whenever someone asks a question about the rules that they already asked, or when Mercer stops to say, "well normally that's not allowed" or similar phrase.
>>
>>45011915
There is something that freaks me out really hard about staff chick's temple.
>>
>>45013386
>TV show Blindspot
>Ashley Johnson
Shit, she was the waitress in the Avengers. That's where I remember her from. Thanks, anon, that would have bugged me all night.
>>
>>45012250
Wew lad
Their french equivalent (Donjons et jambons/Dongeons and hams) is just as bad, but the Adventure group is pretty based in my opinion
>>
>>45013459
Oh, she was. I didn't even realize that.
>>
>>45013622
>2016
>People still talk about fucking Naheulbeuk.
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>45013391
Take a drink every time someone needs to be reminded of something very basic (like what different skill checks mean).
Take two drinks if those people are Laura, Marisha or Travis.
Finish your drink if Laura starts a session with brand new dice.
Though I'd say Mercer says "no" as often as "yes".
>>45013446
The way her hair is arranged, it looks like she either has a side-shave or she's wearing a misaligned wig.
>>
>>45011915
Didn't they have to throw someone out for being a creep?
>>
>>45014362
Orion/Tiberius did leave the show. There's been some debate as to why, but the official word is that Orion had his own personal projects that he wanted to work on, and he didn't want to bring the group down by constantly being in and out (like Ashley/Pike does).
>>
>>45012129
I think shes cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-M5NH9PGi4
>>
>>45015792
I'll say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0aljC1MjI
>>
I wonder what they were like before the stream
>>45015792
Oh, complete chaos. Stars - they're just like us!
>>
>>45015792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rsks5PWfG8
If you're wondering what Ashley Johnson's doing with that camera...
>>
>>45011915
How do they manage 8 players?
Is it a rotating cast sort of thing? Surely not all 8 at a time
>>
>>45012023

That doesn't mean those people are having a bad time.

I see this a lot too. Different people get different things out of the game (and it says as much in many Dungeon Master's Guides and GM advice books).

Just because people aren't talking excitedly and doing improv doesn't mean they aren't enjoying themselves.

Look at this, this is how I've seen play usually go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FeiNEsLElA

Attentive, a little slow, more focus on the game than on pretend conversations.

Frankly I'd feel burned-out if I had to keep up with the Critical Role crew all the time. Maybe actors get used to it, but I'd need a break from all the silly voices. I guess they're putting on a show, so I doubt their home games would be like this.
>>
>>45015994
>I'd feel burned out playing with people who actually put effort in

Yeah, being lazy and not giving a fuck must be exhausting for you.
>>
>>45016025

I'm sure professional actors feel tired after performing a 3-4 hour play.

But also yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRN1aiJLmE
This is how close we are to getting Steve Blum on the show. Still can't believe this is just how he talks.

>>45015986
Apparently well, since the game was going for 2 years before the stream started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D5RWAn2sIk
They had all 8, but Ashley Johnson's schedule got super packed right when the stream started because she was filming a TV show so she's only recently been back regularly, and Orion Acaba recently left the show entirely.
>>45015994
Watch this >>45015792 it's the home game. And what is an RPG, if not putting on a show for each other?
>>
Why is it that these things seem to range from mediocre to terrible? Is it impossible for people to be both enthusiastic and focused? And why in the name of all that's holy would you ever play with more than 6 people (5 players + a GM)?
>>
>>45016025
why are you so hostile anon?
>>
>>45016145

>Watch this >>45015792 it's the home game.

Guess I was wrong. They seem more hyper and talk over each other more often, but this feels more casual and fun. The live games are more structured.

>And what is an RPG, if not putting on a show for each other?

I meant they're putting on a specific kind of show for the internet. And even if and when they aren't, I agree everyone is putting on a show, but there are different types of show that different people and groups enjoy the most.
>>
>>45011915
It's amazing how, out of everyone in that picture, Matt Mercer looks like the biggest tosser.
>>
>>45016500

How?
>>
>>45012005
>muh trigger discipline

Nigger, the hammer is down.
>>
>>45016525
It's the pose, I think.
>>
>>45011915
Just checking in to see how assblasted the fa/tg/uys in here are about a popular DND live stream that doesn't impact them in any way.
>>
>>45016693

It's not quite the "I am a smug GM look at me I control the world!" look that I'd expect from a picture like this.

It looks like they told all the not-funny ones to smile less and/or scowl more.
>>
>>45012005
>bow strung when not in combat

The bow is a shitting fucking recurve that they strung up incorrectly for a promo picture.

>no trigger discipline

The hammer is down you fucking tard
>>
>>45012059
>railroading

It's a live show moneymaker for G&S a certain degree of railroading is required to keep it moving along for the viewers. Don't lie and say you've never had a session that got bogged down into nonsense, and that's fine because at home who cares. These people are literally selling tickets to the game and taking sponsors...they'd have to be insane to just leave it all up to chance rather than railroad to a little quality control.
>>
>>45016755
Why are you assuming this doesn't impact anyone?

Related example:

I have never watched TableTop and I have no strong feelings on Wil Wheaton, I don't even know who Felicia Day is outside of "she's on TableTop" and "she's in Supernatural", but I am assblasted at what TableTop is doing to my hobby.

Can't go ten minutes without someone mentioning it. They bought a board game because it was on TableTop. Did you see the last TableTop? This reminds me of that bit in TableTop where...

Then all of a sudden it's TableTop Day. Oh cool, an annual day for tabletop! Wait, I misread, it's "TableTop Day", two capital "T"s. A whole day advertising a popular stream or YouTube channel or whatever it is, and it's taken over my FLGS. Even gaming products and giveaways have a TableTop spin, like the Munchkin bookmarks.

Plus a lot of game stores I've been to have "as seen on TableTop" sections or stickers. I'm guessing TableTop Inc. distributes those, probably on TableTop Day.

Maybe TableTop is amazing. It could be the most fantastic series in the world. I'm just not interesting in watching it, but I do get mad at how it's become the golden standard of endorsement and guerilla marketing (or maybe just plain old marketing, it's not exactly subtle).
>>
>>45012129
She is certainly the lowpoint of the group. They kicked Orion for being a metagaming creeper, but she really isn't any better. Just blurting things out and overplaying her naive lawful good angle like a total fun sponge.
>>
>>45016947
From what I can tell your problem is more with Table Top than this show. They shill for shitty dice boxes, collect for charity, have WAAAAAY too invested fans, and Matt has put out a couple homebrew classes.

I see it as a group of friends, not people cast for a role, who get together and play. It's a bit railroady, but it's obvious from watching that there really is no other option. Most of the players can't remember how to do basic skill checks so a certain degree of handholding is to be expected.

I could see how TableTop dominating your FLGS could get annoying, but maybe all the attention will drive new product, and sure lots of it might be casual garbage, but some of it will be worthwhile. I'm willing to put up with all the cringey bullshit if a few good things come along with it.
>>
>>45012085
Let me put it this way.

>Can you name a single casual activity that women don't partake in for social uniqueness points?

Here's a hint. If you have a female friend, and she does some kind of noncompetitive activity without taking a mandatory number of photos of herself doing this activity, and photos of the outcome of said activity if it's a craft, you have stumped me. I personally have known maybe 2 women in my entire life that can beat this one, and the only reason they don't qualify is one of their hobbies is taking polaroids and making scrapbooks rather than posting shit online for the world to see, therefore defeating the social uniqueness aspect, but still recording every quirky thing they've ever done for future evidence.
>>
>>45015792
>>45015856
I think she's hideous. Her hairline is approaching Jessica Nigri levels of awful. I think my hate for her has made her seem uglier to me than she actually is though, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>45017543
What world do you live in. I've never met a girl like that in person. Who honestly takes pictures of everything.
>>
>>45017543
You really don't know enough women, I have more instagram photos than my girlfriend- who plays pathfinder and Xwing like the best of us.
>>
I'm glad Orion left before he went full on insane
>>
File: 1407746008661.jpg (24 KB, 320x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407746008661.jpg
24 KB, 320x290
What's the deal with Grog vs. Vax? Did I miss an episode where shit happens?
>>
>>45017237
>They shill for shitty dice boxes, collect for charity, have WAAAAAY too invested fans, and Matt has put out a couple homebrew classes.
You put two good things and too bad things in that list.
>>
>>45016345
This is the internet, if we're polite people won't take us seriously.
>>
> implying I want to play in an eight person party.
>>
>>45018306
Their both good at stabbing /cutting things, have a rivalry, and a prank war going back and forth.

Also, Matt's a great DM. Go to any DM advice thread, or New DM thread,and all the advice you find from YOU fa/tg/uys he actively employs and follows every episode.

Also, I always see the "as long as the players have fun" spiel thrown around in every thread on this board, and the CR group has fun and is enthusiastic about playing EVERY session. Watch videos of their game pre stream, they were having just as much fun and were putting on even more of a show then what they so now.
>>
>>45011915
Literally who?
>>
>>45018227
Well he started as CG, but went CN after old lady murder. Here's hoping he returns as a CE villain.
>>45018515
I don't get the fuss over it, I've had parties that larged, worked out fine
>>
File: 4156.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4156.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>45018532
Mercer has/is putting out a series of DM-Tips videos, apparently? Are they any good?
>>
>>45018597
They're like 7 minutes. Stop shitposting for 8 minutes, go and watch it and report back. IMO he has great tips for DMs of all skill levels.
>>
>>45018818
Where are they? I could only find the one on building combat encounters.

Also he mentions in that one buying sheets of poster paper to draw battle maps on, and that there are YouTube tutorials on it. Where?
>>
>>45011915
>twice as many men as women
As someone with a perfectly gender-balanced group, this makes me cringe.
>>
>>45018869
On the Critical Role page.
http://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/
He just did one on NPCs, and they're planning to make it a weekly thing
>>
>>45018904
I see, only specific ones are on YouTube.

Not that I fully support our Google overlords, but I was really hoping that this "watch it on OUR video site so we get more money!" thing was dead.

Thank god you're dead, blip.tv
>>
>>45018895

How fashionably gender-sensitive of you, tumblr.
>>
>>45018451
It was a overall impact list not a pro/con list.
>>
>>45016971
He got kicked out? I thought he left to do stuff.

Although the last episdoe I saw was the second Felicia Day and Mary E. Mcglyn one. So how was Will Wheaton and Terry Mcginis?
>>
>>45021158
Whil Wheaton kept rolling nat 1s and Schwayman kissed Keilith
>>
>>45021400
Schwayman and Marisa romance was 100x better than Marisa and Liam.
>>
>>45011915
Every time I see this image that fucking bow shatters my suspension of disbelief and I can't help but think that chick is dumb as hell. I've never watched this and I don't know who she is, but the goddamn limbs are backwards! Whoever was doing the props fucked up and all they had to do was read the directions that inevitably came with that $30 child's toy.
>>
>>45022262
IIRC it was all cheap costume props that two of them had sitting in a closet somewhere from their high school ren fair days.

So, yeah, they're shitty. Boo hoo.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>45011915
>playing DnD
No thanks, bro
>>
>>45023758
It's not about shitty props, I get that. It's about pretending to be nerdy about fantasy and getting it wrong. Even though I know they're just entertainers it still seems so fraudulent to me. If I'm doing a show based on old west cowboys and one of my props is a rifle that has the sights mixed up, you can be sure as shit I'm gonna lose viewers because of it.
>>
>>45024346
You are such a faggot.

>one of the props for a spur of the moment promo photo is poorly made
>dropped

I have no trouble understanding someone with zero archery experience stringing a recurve incorrectly.
>>
>>45024374
It's not poorly made, it's wrong. Take out your phone and google "bow". If you're in charge of props it's your job to get it right. Details like that matter. I've only got so much time on this earth. If it seems like your project is missing details I'm not going to waste my time with it.
>>
>>45024554
No, details like that really don't matter.

If it was a fucking historical documentary, then yeah, it would. But it's fucking not. So it fucking doesn't.
>>
>>45024725
This.
This is not a documentary or a historical larp.
There are more things wrong, like the clothing and hair styles based on the supposed time period, but no one has mentioned those.
>>
>>45015986
My group has 8 players. It's not so bad when you know how to manage all their personalities at the same time.
>>
>Having this many people in your group
nope
>>
Why do so many people shy away from upwards of 6~7 players? Like it's a fucking death knell for having fun.

(ForeverDM here). I've run solo adventures, 3~5 player sessions, and am currently in the middle of an 7~8 (depending on the week) campaign, and all have been just as fun because I'm playing with people who want to play, are enthusiastic about the game, and are either friends or family.

This is the most no-fun board that I visit, and it's really confusing when it's focused on fucking social-interaction based GAMING.
>>
>>45012329
>explore new ideas
Yeah, if they ever had any.
>>
>>45016971
Except that he left to persue other things, Anon. Him and Matt said this.
>>
>>45028085
Because I don't know 7-8 people who want to play, and are enthusiastic about the game.

Hell, I don't know 4 people who want to play and are all that enthusiastic about it. Not their turn in combat? Out comes the phone.
>>
>>45028540
>Hell, I don't know 4 people who want to play and are all that enthusiastic about it. Not their turn in combat? Out comes the phone.


That's really unfortunate. I suggest playing with more friends, having a more engaging DM, or finding a different, less aspie circle of people.
>>
>>45018869
>>45018992
Pretty sure he's only done two so far:

http://geekandsundry.com/game-master-tips-with-matt-mercer-encounter-building/
http://geekandsundry.com/game-master-tips-with-matt-mercer-creating-non-playable-characters/
>>
>>45018895
Are they also representative of the general racial diversity of the United States? Do you have somebody in a wheelchair you ableist shitlords?
>>
>>45028540
Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should work on making more friends.
>>
>>45011915
>yfw your roleplaying group will never be this good
>>
>>45031268
>DM forces group into magical realm
>good
>>
>>45031294
Everyone enjoyed it, he was clearly not getting off on it, and the whole party roleplayed. It was a good campaign.
>>
>>45016903
It's not a certain degree of railroading. It's overt and constant railroading, where the players have no actual agency.
>>
>>45031294
Annie's Boobs should always be included in a campaign.
>>
File: 1453754092090.png (39 KB, 137x116) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453754092090.png
39 KB, 137x116
>>45011915
>No flute discipline.
>>
>>45016290
I think there's good things out there, they just don't get as much attention, because shit is way more accessible to trend followers than to enthusiasts, and enthusiasts will ALWAYS be outnumbered.
>>
>>45031363
Agreed
>>
>>45031323
>everyone enjoyed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRjNl64zYxI
Yeah no. Most faces are either awkward or disgusted.
>>
>>45011915
I'm curious how they homebrewed the Gunslinger class for 5e.
>>
>Not watching the best RPG group on the net
Step your game up /tg/.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efRE_tqUkhY&list=PLr8mrSTjqGo6-A9QBncTWvj96GKALCfae
Jumpsuit and Ace Maverick best characters, Argon a shit.
>>
>>45031341
Huh? How are you getting that? The players have a number of relationships of varying degree with a variety of NPCs, have obviously thrown Matt for a loop forcing him to improvise on certain sections, and has admitted the players have gone completely off the intended path, forcing him to adapt.

Can you give me an example of the overt and constant railroading?

>>45031268
Literally scripted vs. live improv
You're an idiot.

>>45031780
>Looked at Pathfinder's Gunslinger
>Converted numbers to be in line with 5e balance
>>
>>45011915
>8 people coming in because it's their job/it helps their job
>obligated to do stupid promotions and ads while recording the very thing they're advertising, like watching a movie trailer for the movie you're watching in the middle of the movie you're watching
>even though it's their job, they still show up late pretty regularly
>>
>>45032555
>Be playing for 2 years, known in your professional circles that you run a game
>Professional streamers say, "Hey, want to do that in front of the camera?"
>Only promos you have to do is for the CHANNEL you're featured on. "Hey, if you like this, check out this other show."
>Acknowledge from DAY 1 this is and has always been a casual thing.
>why are you such a hater.jpg
>>
>>45032555
>obligated to do stupid promotions and ads while recording the very thing they're advertising, like watching a movie trailer for the movie you're watching in the middle of the movie you're watching
They already do that in movies, anon. It's called product placement, and most of CR's is internal. And they literally just did a charity drive.
>>
>>4503178
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/170778/Gunslinger-Martial-Archetype-for-Fighters?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

Here you go anon, it's pay what you want and made by Matt Mercer, it's pretty cool Imo
>>
>>45011915
Swordgirl is p. cute
>>
>>45034154
http://geekandsundry.com/critical-role-episode-32/
Just look at that fucking thumbnail
>>
>>45034121

Meant to reply to
>>45031780
>>
>>45034183
Anon, my heart...
>>
>>45034183
>>45034154
>>45034573
Ehhh, she's kinda downsy. Marisha (staff girl) is typical GAMRGRRL. Laura (bow) is #1 qt
>>
>>45034933
Laura looks jewish and boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 625x625) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 625x625
>>45011915
>having women in your games

But anon, females are objectively terrible roleplayers, without exception. Therefore that group is objectively terrible. This guy >>45012106
gets it.

I don't allow men to play female characters, and I never roleplay as female NPCs because I'm not a SJW femnazi crybaby. My games have all gone great as a result. Men only bro. 100% men, all the time, infinity. A hundred years forever men, all NPCs men, all PCs men, bro. Fuck women, this is a mans hobby bro.
>>
>>45035074
>Laura plays the group treasurer
I mean, you're not wrong. She's still 10x the qt the other two are.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 620x412) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 620x412
>>45011915

The guy holding the revolver like that just destroys any credibility this group might have had - on any level.
Unwittingly pointing a gun at the guy next to you is just mind-numbingly stupid.

>its not loaded
>it isnt real

Doesnt matter. Thats a no-go no matter how you try to spin it. And its caught in a picture no less.
>>
>>45035143
But swordgirl is waifu tier and Laura isn't.
>>
>>45035262
Swordgirl is a cleric, who should be holding a mace.
And technically Laura is waifu tier, because she's married to Travis. And clearly Mercer thinks the same of Marisha.
>>
>>45035597
>Matt and Marisha aren't married
>apparently not.
Apparently not.
>>
>>45035803
They're dating, which is more than I can say for Ashley Johnson.
>>
>>45035142
You sound gay
>>
>people complaining that Matt railroads
Not even. I don't think you've actually watched any.
>people trying to pretend Matt isn't a grade A DM whose performance is easily doubled in value by his huge vocal range which makes the game much more immersive
>>
>>45014451
Fuck Orion Acaba.
there, had to get that out of my system.
no other player wasted so much time accomplishing so little
>>
>>45011915
Going by his face, wizard guy is the only one aware that the photo is going to steal a fragment of their souls.
>>
>>45035199
dude, who doesn't want to shoot the bard in their group?
>>
>>45013331
The youngest daughter on Growing Pains.
>>
>>45012005
>bow strung when not in combat
What is she gonna do, string it while they're being ambushed?
>>
>>45036340
For all of his flaws, I still miss Orion. One thing he did well was roleplay his character. Sure he powergamed and tried a lot of crazy thing that usually ended with him being told no or such, but he really got into character I thought. Plus, it was his brash attitude and (admittedly annoying) habit of interrupting and trying to do everything in one turn/shopping trip that really highlighted those moments. Plenty of the cast are just as guilty but it's OK because people tend to like them better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao92XkhPzGM Crazy prospector was 10/10
I have recently begun DMing and if I could live up to half of Matt Mercer, I would die happy.
>>
>>45035199
Guy is a super nofunz type. He said he created the character to try and figure out what would make someone invent something as evil as a gun.
>>
>>45036310
Ikr, his NPCs are god tier.
>>
>>45012560
Playing a video game is something you must actively engage in, wheres watching someone play is something casual you can sit back relax, eat food or really do anything else. Many games don't even have a plot or anything you really need to actively follow like most TV shows so you can just watch it in the background hell I'm watching someone play games while I post this. You can only play vidya for so many hours in a row before getting a bit burned out for a while.
>>
>>45036498
>people tend to like them better

That is really what it was all about.

I did however watch his youtube post thingy where he talked about why he left, was incredibly lame.
>>
>>45036562
His NPC's are great, certainly. Over all his descriptions are really good as well, he really paints a picture for you.

I really don't get the Railroad criticism though.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the adventure he has taken his players on so far. I'd play, but none of them so far have been ones where I would say 'yeah, this is what I want to do'. You know? But that is just me.

The railroad thing escapes me.
>>
>>45036607
I feel like it was a culmination of him wanting to do his own thing plus internal tensions. I like to think he maybe wanted them to leave his friends (who I think are still friends in some respects) alone, so the video wasn't great. I don't know. Still, it was handled pretty poorly.

Again, despite all of that, I still am pissed how they treated him and Tibs is still one of my favorites. Like all the hamming up the old woman bullshit while everyone else was doing just the same, he just managed to pull it off. Keyleth suddenly growing a conscious and actually starting to act like a druid was cringy too. I get that his joke about half-chub was in poor taste and bad timing but it's perfectly fine when anyone else does the exact same thing or we get Scanlan poop talk #5958. His errands were trying to be creative and shit and trying to prep for a big battle against people who literally just casually put him out of commission before. No shit he's going to prepare. No one made a fuss when Percy spent an equal amount of time working on stuff and failing.
>>
>>45036697
To each their own, I'd be down with those adventures. But I'm a newbie DM running Lost Mines of Phandalin. I still can't see the railroading seeing as there are long parts where he's like "What do you guys want to do?" And they have no idea and he just lets them decide. How can that be construed as them having no player agency?
>>
>>45011915
>>yfw your roleplaying group will never be this good

Pffft, my table is better. We've been gaming regularly for over twenty years now.
>>
OFFICIAL CHARACTER POWER RANKINGS

>Too Good for Geek and Sundry Tier
Kashaw
Zahra
Matt

>Fun Times Tier
Percy
Grog
Vax

>Has His Moments Tier
Scanlan

>Harmless Fun Tier
Pike

>Wildly Inconsistent Tier
Tiberius
Vex

>Don't Come Back Tier
Lillith
Keyleth
>>
>>45036870
What tier is lyra?
>>
>>45036893
Don't come back by virtue of being Felicia Day, but ultimately Harmless Fun tier.
>>
>>45036870
I fucking love Lillith you cock mongle
>>
>>45011915
>players talk about this all the time
Are they actually any good? I'm tempted to watch a few to understand what my friends are talking about.
>>
>>45037012
They're alright. Matt is amazing. The fact they're voice actors makes it really good. Much more fun watching D&D than I thought, to be honest.
>>
>>45036714
>Still, it was handled pretty poorly.

I think it is pretty clear that there was a conversation and he was canned. There is no other explanation for why he left the way he did, so suddenly. Heck, we just had Matt RP his character leaving for him. If it was mostly 'him' then he would have showed up and did a twenty minute RP, at the minimum, and left.

His excuse, for those that haven't watched, was that no no no I didn't get canned. I uh uh chose to leave, yeah. Because I realized that I had written tons of stuff for this character and draconia and that I can play D&D anytime in the future, but now I need to follow this to greatness. Whatever. So his story is that he no longer has time to play D&D (and get paid) because he needs every waking moment to further develop his D&D character for that big movie/book gig that is JUST about to happen...really...anyday now...

I lost a lot of respect for the guy.

(And somebody needs to talk to Scanlan and have him tone that stuff down.)
>>
>>45037236
Yeah, I see that. I still like him though and miss his character.
>>
File: Strange_Tibs.jpg (40 KB, 590x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Strange_Tibs.jpg
40 KB, 590x298
>>45036607
apprently this tweet and the combination of what a lot of you said

>powergaming
>Spending a lot of time on his moments
>constantly trying to shine in every encounter

really created a lot of internal strife and he got booted, but they all did it in a easy way and said they split so it didnt ruin his career
>>
>>45037378
Well, he apologized for that. Maybe he was having a bad day, you know having cancer and all sucks a lot.

Again, there's a lot that he's guilty of that all of them are too but it was only a big deal when it was Orion.
>>
>>45036870
Kashaw, top tier? Really?

I enjoyed the stoic, devil-may-care attitude, but his family was killed off by an evul goddess who is MARRIED to him. And he's a priest of light and goodness because she's so completely evul that she needs something to balance it all out or the universe would collapse.
And nobody else has ever heard of her because she's too evil and would kill anyone who knew.
Without employing overused buzzwords, it may make me cringe more than any character concept I've ever heard.
>>
>>45037564
This is a world where gods are analogous to demons, not omnipotent deities. Relax.
>>
>>45037564
Who cares it's totally Schway
>>
I prefer Rollplay
>>
>>45012005
>>45016577
>>45016831

On a normal gun, it can still fire with the hammer starting in the down position. In this case, however, it's a Single Action Army and the hammer must be manually cocked each time to fire.
>>
>>45012031
But Neo sucked, and Vadar was only cool for having a good tragic paladin/traitor story.
>>
>>45037655
I don't think we've seen anyone else receive that level of personal divine attention whether that's true or not.

I thought Friedle was pretty fun, but one hundred self-inflicted razor cuts seriously raise no red flags for edginess from you?
>>
>>45036870
>Percy that high

yuck
>>
>>45012560
To be fair, I couldn't be a mario 64 level in half an A press. So sometimes watching others play video games can be warranted, especially when they do ridicuous stuff with them.
>>
>>45037782
Solum was good and West Marches is okay but I could never get into any other ones

I was very sad when Solum was ended.
>>
>>45013138
>I last played videogames on consoles in the early 1990s: the post.
>>
>>45036764
It's because you're too new and dumb to understand what DMing is.

Nothing that they've done, they actually chose to do. Every quest they've been on, they were dragged there by an NPC. Every "what do you want to do" moment is either DURING or BETWEEN plot threads.

They didn't CHOOSE to go to the Illithid city, they were sent there.
They didn't CHOOSE to go to Whitestone, they were baited by a very obvious "This is your backstory do this now" NPC.
Nothing they do is because they sat down, weighed their options, and chose a direction to head. They've always been on the railroad, they just are too engaged by the "Hey this NPC is from my backstory!" to see the rails.
>>
>>45038163
sounds like they chose to go
>>
>>45037378
>constantly trying to shine in every encounter

That was the only thing I thought was really bad. The other stuff was there, but others did it and on occasion worse. But he did try to take the spotlight even when it was someone elses turn. Which is really bad form.
>>
>>45038188
Because you have no idea how railroading works.
>>
>>45038163
You're an idiot.

It's not railroading until the DM says "no, you guys need to go do this." Sure, the DM might want them to go somewhere, but just because they do doesn't mean they're being railroaded.
>>
>>45038207
maybe you dont know how to properly roleplay and put self interest over actual PC motive
>>
>>45038163
They didn't have to go, they talked about not going. Sure, it was most likely they would go. But that isn't railroading.

Baiting players with adventures that the players are going to want to pursue is not a bad thing. Most people, I would think, would consider that a good thing. Should Matt only present adventure options that they players don't want to go on and have nothing to do with their characters?
>>
>>45038163
At no point does he make it impossible for them to do what they want. He's skilled in getting them to chose to go where he has things prepared for but it's always their choices and he is just impeccable with improv because a lot of things are all off the top that he didn't expect. Given what he has shown as DM tips, he prepares a shitton. In episode 29 he had a STACK of maps because he wasn't sure where they would want to go in Whitestone.

They did choose to go to Whitestone, Percy's backstory and the other character's care for him led them there regardless of what the DM did. All Matt did was drop a name once and it was pursued.

I don't think you know what railroading is you self-righteous cunt. I may be new but I know what railroading is and isn't and I can guarantee you're not even a quarter of the DM that Matt is. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>45011915
>dyed hair
>costumes
>LARP weapons
>fake ears
>3 women
no i'd say that my group is just fine thank you
>>
>>45038163
So what you're saying is they're being railroaded because they chose to follow plot threads instead of being a bunch of That Guys and ignoring them entirely.

I feel bad for any DM that's ever had to deal with you.
>>
>>45038487
It's a promo pic, normally they just dress normal. And they're all video game/anime voice actors.
>>
>>45038812
>And they're all video game/anime voice actors.
Do they agree with the voice actor strike?
>>
>>45038845
I actually have no idea, to be honest. It's not been mentioned in the 29 episodes I've seen
>>
>>45038845
Some were very vocal about it on twitter and others mentioned support but didn't really dive in with a series of links to opinion pieces.
>>
>>45011915
>tfw my group will never have this much disposable income
>>
>>45039045
I think the ones who do voice directing work were more active about it. The others just do acting and spoke up but didn't really push as hard.
>>
>>45039181
To be fair, they get a lot of shit like they have in that picture from the fans as gifts. In fact, they get soooo much shit for free. I am always jealous, like meteorite dice and custom dice for each of them.
>>
>>45037782
>>45037992

R&D is the best one solely because of Jesse Cox.
>>
>>45037378
That moment in the vault when Laura Bailey was trying to shoot the switch and rolled really high but Tiberius stepped in and used telekinesis anyway on the arrow seemed to be one of the biggest red flags. I think everyone could look past the K'varn fight where he tried his obviously impossible plan but the vault switch was just egregious spotlight hogging. No one seemed pleased when that happened, even twitch chat.
>>
>>45039302
Wait, hold the phone, Jesse is in a roleplaying group? Where can I find this?
>>
>>45039181
The amount of stuff sad sack no friend people send them is upsetting. I get it that they have devoted fans, but they have garbage bags full of dice and 1000$+ stuffed bears. Give it a fucking rest. You aren't going to get a guest spot on the show because you gave them the winning powerball number of dice.

They should really announce they aren't accepting any more of that stuff and will just be selling it for or directly donating it to the charity of the week.

If people want to send in notes about how much they enjoy the show or a hand woven magic carpet figure (probably 45 minutes of work) fine, but the girls on the show must have enough shitty homemade jewelry to start their own etsy company.

I won't call out Liam on accepting all the daggers people send...you can never have to many daggers. Then again he has small children in his house so 30 knives is probably enough.
>>
>>45039347
It's on youtube, Rollplay R&D. He was with them playing Numenera, Maid RPG, and apparently from now on he's going to be a permanent cast member on R&D. They just wrapped up a game where they played Saga of the Icelanders.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oTJHKXHicREKMfwGvjOjInsUEdjZAly
>>
>>45039426
Sweet, thanks!
>>
>>45038163
But the players always had the option to just not do it. They saw a plot thread and said "hey that sounds fun, let's go do that." What do you expect them to do, just fuck around with their thumbs up their asses? It's the DMs job to provide possible quests for people to go on and then let them do so. Sounds to me like you let your players decide what quests are available then go do them, in which case, what use are you as a DM?
>>
>>45039346
Yeah, I gotta say that was pretty bad. At the same time, I could see wanting to insure it but yeah, that was a bad one.
>>
>>45039393
They literally did ask their fans to not gift them stuff / send money, instead they ask people to donate to charity.

The amount of people who rag on Critical Role cast without actually knowing anything about the program boggled me.
>>
>>45039690
Well I've watched the show from the beginning but I zone out during the intro book keeping and I've skipped the Critmas episodes so if they made the statement there then that's why I didn't notice.

What confounds me is the number of people who think the show is rsilroady. It's no more so than it should be for a live broadcast. Matt let's the players go where they want, and prepares a lot around that. All the time he has to improve an NPC or adapt because they found a mind flayer buddy earlier then expected or whatever. If he railroaded them he wouldn't have 50 maps that he never touches. If that is railroading I hate to see what some people consider a good game. Why even have a DM just roll for whatever you want and sit there alone.
>>
>>45039805
Yea some people (read: shitty DMs) seem to think their role is literally just to referee on rolls. You can't let your players just decide where they want to go simply because they have no idea where there is to go. You end up with those campaigns people always complain about where the group just kinda sits there not having a good time because they have no plot hooks or adventures because the DM thinks the players should just come up with their own adventures. It's the role of the DM to create a breathing city and plot hooks and dungeons within them and then let the players decide how they want to interact with those and from what I've seen, that's exactly what Matt does.
>>
>>45036550
As long as your murder is up close and personal and restricted to ending one precious life at a time, it's okay!
>>
>>45018306
Grog got a magic beard, Vax played a prank where he shaved half of it because Grog literally can grow his magic beard back in a couple days (faster than any actual beard haver). Grog took it super personally and despite multiple apologies and emasculations from Vax, Grog still treats him like shit about it.

I think it's actually appropriate roleplay. Grog's a simpleton and if you hurt his feelings they stay hurt even if the dude's gone above and beyond to make amends. One day Vax is gonna die and Grog's gonna regret not burying the hatchet sooner.
>>
>>45043925
Vax is gonna die real soon too. He kinda puts himself in shitty situations a lot.
>>
>>45038163
When you develop a big long backstory of "things you need to resolve" it is not railroading for the GM to present the option to go resolve it.
>>
>>45043925
Grog also thinks water burns, so yeah.
>>
>>45043975
Well, unless they git gud or end up with some kind of maguffin that can intsakill dragons, we may be looking at a tpk in the near future
But hey, if that happens, they may start playing shadowrun
Or a new d&d campaign
I'm fine with either
>>
>>45044640
What level are they right now?

They'll probably find some sort of maguffin that will weaken the dragon before the fight.
>>
>>45044727
Dragons, plural
Fuckhuge ones with 22 AC on what may have been the smallest of the four
I have no idea what level they are, but i'm guessing 12-14
>>
>>45044790
That'd be a good end point for the campaign, even if they win. Maybe come back to it later, but it's kind of hard to top demolishing a group of huge dragons.
>>
>>45044812
Considering the theme lately, i'm guessing the final battle of the campaign is going to be either vecna himself, or a dracolich
>>
>>45044727
>What level are they right now?

14 I think.

And they really haven't had a lethal fight yet.
>>
Okay, assuming they don't get tpk'd by dragons, what's the worst way you can think of this ending?
I'd say grog being corrupted by craven edge, facing the party as a powered up boss, killing almost the entire party, and having to be put down like a rabid animal by pike
that would just be heartbreaking
>>
>>45045060
Whatever shenanigans erupt when they get that Skull back
>>
>>45036340
Agreed.

Orion/Tiberius is terrible. The character is the most Gary Stu character in the cast. Not only did he become a top student in the mage guild at a young age, he somehow successfully tricked the government in letting him be an ambassador, when all other information points them to being isolationist, so he could secretly look for artifacts. On top of that, he thinks that "Draconia", a country full of dragonborn, seems to be his unique and original idea. All his Stormwind family don't even share common ancestry, and yet somehow they're all related, except maybe Tiberius for reason above. Oh yeah, and he can magically communicate with all of them for whatever advice or information he wants.

If that wasn't enough, as a player he's even worse, because when he wasn't fireballing the shit out of his own party, he was trying to come up with ways to solely be the hero, through meta gaming or just being a dick and stealing someone else's spotlight. Or the ill-fated, "I'll just call the Draconian Knights to steamroll this enemy because I'm so important."

The group/show would be much better off if they never mention him again.
>>
>>45011915
I'm glad we will always be better. Don't want to be that "good"
>>
Bottom line, whether you like geek and sundry or not, these are a group of voice talents that genuinely seem to be enjoying a game together, cameras or not. It's heartwarming to see people actually and unironically enjoying themselves, even if they're not the best.

Geek and Sundry is not something I give money to nor would encourage others to do so, but I like Critical Role for what it is. My group is different and far better, but the show itself just stands as a bit of noble brightness to me in a world of tongue-and-cheek bullshit.

That and Sam Riegel's been one of the coolest dudes since he played Donatello, so there's that.
>>
>>45045505
Pretty much this. IIRC, they'd been playing the campaign for two years before they were even approached by G&S.

Also Mercer has undeniably awesome GMing skill.
>>
>>45037807
>>45016831
>rationalizing lack of trigger discipline
ishygddt
>>
File: Perkins.jpg (66 KB, 855x718) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Perkins.jpg
66 KB, 855x718
>>45011915
>he will never be your DM
>>
>>45012389
Why?
>>
>>45044869
They've had a number of lethal fights.

>pre stream Pike died
>Vex recently got NEARLY got one-shotted
>they've had a few encounters they couldn't end the fight with by just stabbing.

Also, their level 11-12

>>45043925
They literally have a tit for tat/ prank war going, since before the beard thing. In one of the first episodes one of them randomly tries to flat tire or trip the other one

>>45045060
Cancellation :\

>>45045259
Sure you are, pal
>>
>>45046296
Because he voice acted him?
>>
>>45011915
Have they been playing the same campaign forever? I drop in every now and then to see what they're upto and the dude in the back is ALWAYS a fucking barbarian and the girl on the bottom right is always the strong womyn type.
>>
>>45046396
They're coming up on a year on stream, 2 years off stream of the same campaign.

Travis plays a barbarian.
Bottom right is Laura, she plays a ranger. Don't think I've ever gotten "stronk womyn" from her, she just plays a ranger.
>>
>>45045505
> My group is different and far better

In what ways is your group better?
>>
>>45046477
To be fair, Vex is a bit of a bitch, especially when it comes to money
>>
>>45046611
That's a bias statement on my part. They're crazy into the lore of the world, heavily invested in roleplay and plotlines, constantly thinking outside the box, and they're just all in all people I'd call good friends. They're a better group for me compared to what the voice actors show. It doesn't matter to me that they're not capable of doing voices in any capacity or whatever.
>>
>>45036515
Hey, that was pretty good.
>>
File: Vexwinking.gif (899 KB, 160x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vexwinking.gif
899 KB, 160x160
>>45046834
>>
>>45035262
Sure she isn't.
>>
Are there any other good shows where people roleplay on camera? I like these a lot.
>>
File: vexnpikengrog.gif (2 MB, 500x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vexnpikengrog.gif
2 MB, 500x150
>>45035262
Also.....look at Laura, then look at potato-girl
>>
File: 1436410328367.jpg (22 KB, 582x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436410328367.jpg
22 KB, 582x600
>>45047786
>that smile
HNNNGGGHH
>>
>>45047790
Rollplay has its moments, depending on the particular show. I'd say WestMarches and R&D are the best ones but your opinion may vary
>>
>>45047786
>penis penis penis penis penis penis penis
>>
File: tellmeaboutit.gif (2 MB, 500x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tellmeaboutit.gif
2 MB, 500x160
>>45047856
>>
>>45028085
6+ players are an organisational nightmare. You'll almost never have all players present, and even if, the sheer amount of characters reduces playtime and investment from each. Smaller parties are much better because it forces everyone to participate and be involved in the story and the roleplaying aspect. It's a simple question of time per player. Especially dominant or quiet players further distort the experience.
>>
>>45047856
Must kill you to know that Travis over there has been 2 handed mastery rage smashing that for years and you'll never get to. Waifu cuck tier.
>>
File: Jojo 5 gits parody.jpg (146 KB, 1000x543) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jojo 5 gits parody.jpg
146 KB, 1000x543
Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>45048056
I guess that why while it was still a private campaign, they've been running it about once a month (though with 8+ hour sessions)
>>
They're a terrible group of people and the YT videos are trash.
>>
>>45048130
>They're a terrible group of people
Can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>45046323
I doubt it will ever get cancelled, it's literally the only thing that people watch on their twitch. It got them over 1 k subs from the first episode
>>
>>45047786
Anyone have the gif of Taliesin unknowingly pushing Marisha's head into his crotch? they were attempting to mime Percy helping Keyleth vomit after 4 shots of something
>>
>>45048632
I got you senpai
>>
>>45048864
I love how downtime Keyleth is a basic bitch
>>
Trigger discipline wasnt invented until after the vietnam war
>>
Critical Role waifu tier list?
>>
>>45050056
>High tier
Pike
Zahrah
Alura
Delilah
>Mid tier
Keyleth
Lillith
>Low tier
Laura
Lyra
That one Bahamut Paladin
>Incompatible but still respectable tier
Gilmore
>>
>>45050247
Think the Paladin was Kima or something like that.

>laura not high tier
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>45050376
Meant to put Vex, considering I used character names for the others.
Laura is awright
>>
>>45048087
Nah I must only have one waifu. Which I have.
She can't be one, more than one will ruin my laifu.
>>
pretty happy with my group except for the frequency we meet, whenever we piss each other off or get bored we react to it in game and it makes shit happen. We're all old friends so we can keep a joke going or be serious when it counts.

We haven't played in over 6 months though, hoping to pick it up soon. I've had a lot of fun playing a sorcerer(dd3.5) with only non-combat spells, bluffing my way through bad situations and making creative use of otherwise useless spells to survive combat situations. Animate rope is a severely underrated spell, let me just say.
>>
>>45050247
>delilah
Such a shame
What other girl would make a pact with a lich-god to bring you back from the dead
>>
>>45050438
Mandatory
>your waifu is shit
>>
>>45050247

>Pike way too high
>Zahrah not high enough
>Vex disrespected
>Keyleth at bottom with Lyra
>Kima up with the top tier


aaand that's how you fix that list.
>>
File: Vexwink.gif (654 KB, 160x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vexwink.gif
654 KB, 160x160
>>45047856
>>
>>45047934
>>
>>45035199
>autism
>he thinks the majority of gun owners are this anal about safety

Enforced trigger discipline is literally only a thing on the shooting range. If you have a problem with that, go talk to Dick Cheney. Maybe he'll mistake you for a deer, too.
>>
>>45028458
That got really existential.
>>
any bets on who's going to die first?
>>
reminder that all waifus are good, but gilmore is indisputably best husbando
>>
Lillith has inspired me, partially because I made a very grumpy tavern wench within Neverwinter as an NPC for my group and she was well loved despite her constant resting bitch-face and attitude. And I have been reading Brimstone Angels as well.

So, a Tiefling Warlock who is ashamed of herself and the pact she has made and disguises herself as a normal human tavern wench to make an honest living and her outward affect is always displeased primarily because those who seem to never leave her alone in reality would recoil in disgust from her and that internal struggle of who she is, who she wants to be, etc. is constantly going.

I'm also a huge faggot sorry.
>>
>>45055313
Vax. He's basically got a death wish.
>>45056114
That conversation with Vax was sad as fuck, Mercer got the "I'm heartbroken but I'm going to power through this because I'm a man" act down cold
>>
>>45057016
we can only hope that some day he can find happiness with some being that loves him just as much as he does himself
>>
Gilmore a shit.
Black powder merchant fo days
>>
>>45050845
Mandatory
>ur a faget
>>
>>45012156
If we're all too bad to realize we're bad, and instead have fun, doesn't that make us the best?
>>
>>45050546
> I've had a lot of fun playing a sorcerer(dd3.5) with only non-combat spells, bluffing my way through bad situations and making creative use of otherwise useless spells to survive combat situations.

Muh nigger. I'm playing a 5e Bard right now with the exact same thing. Shit is awesome.
>>
>>45057016
>That conversation with Vax was sad as fuck

What episode was that? I tend to glaze over the downtime episodes.
>>
File: 1443040315999.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443040315999.gif
2 MB, 360x360
>>45011915
Christ the guy with the pistol looks like the kind of fuckwit that wants to play a gunslinger in Dungeons and Dragons. Those kind of people have such an annoying look about them.
>>
>>45060035
surprisingly I think he's the least 'I'm gonna play X isn't that great XD' type of the group. He's the grimdark straight man who just happens to be of a retarded character class.
>>
>>45060313
What's wrong with gunslingers?
>>
>>45060337
Look at the 5e classes, and ask yourself what weapon they HAVE to use.

Now do the same with Pathfinder/whatever 3.5 has .
>>
File: 1453522865317.gif (3 MB, 490x326) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453522865317.gif
3 MB, 490x326
I started watching this thinking "oh god this is going to be a bunch of fake ass motherfuckers being lame as shit", but I was surprised.

They're legitimately enjoying it, and it's fun to watch VAs you've been aware of for awhile just having fun playing. This most recent episode was a good example of that, T Willis is the guy that doesn't seem to take it seriously sometimes and you wonder if he's just there because his wife is. But toward the end when shit got intense he was giddy.

As shit as Geek & Sundry is, Critical Role is fun as shit to watch, and i'm as surprised as anyone of that fact.
>>
>>45060375
I never thought I would care about watching a bunch of people play DnD and now I am running my own campaign because of it
>>
>>45060375
I like to watch it while I run my text-based campaigns. It's like multitasking.
>>
>>45060359
I don't play D&D, I was just wondering if there was some stigma behind the people who play them.
>>
>>45060512
>guns in muh D&D
That's the problem, despite the fact that guns have been there since... 1e UA?
>>
>>45035142
>Men only bro. 100% men, all the time, infinity. A hundred years forever men, all NPCs men, all PCs men, bro. Fuck women, this is a mans hobby bro.

the truest thing thats ever been said ever
>>
>>45060546
It's not that it's guns in muh D&D, it's that I don't like classes based around one weapon and one weapon only.
>>
>>45060569
Flintlock, blunderbuss, musket, surely there has to be more than one weapon for it.
>>
>>45035142
>not playing with girls
>not getting free artwork
I have never played a game with a dude that could draw, and just did so for the group.

Played with a dude that could play a mean guitar though, that was cool.
>>
>>45060749
I have a guy in the GURPS game I'm running who can draw, apparently.
>>
>>45058938
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>45061307
>Strawman
>ad hominem
>red herring
etc...
>>
>>45059250
The one before the latest to hit YouTube.
>>
>>45011915
This whole thread has just hammered into my consciousness that I haven't done any proper RPing for over a decade. Feels bad, man.
>>
Real talk though

I hope trinket dies
>>
>>45061990
He's a class feature. Even if he dies, they'll bring him back or replace with something else
>>
>>45062009
I guess, but I laugh my ass off every time Sam busts her chops about it. She dumped a load of points into it, but all it is is a hassle.

>need to stealth
>fucking bear
>need to be subtle
>fucking armored bear
>need to avoid a trap
>fucking clumsy ass bear
>need rooms at the inn
>fucking bear
>need to cross a narrow bridge
>bear
>magic carpet only carries so much weight
>fucking heavy ass bear

When Sam says, "do we need to bring the bear"? I'm with him 100% she's too attached to use it in combat or she plain forgets it exists the majority of the time only to pipe in with
>ohhhhawwww trinket

I get the more desperate lonely subset of the fans love the fucking bear, but I just see it as a minor help or forgotten at the best of times and a giant pain in the ass all the rest.

She would be better off with an Hawk or some shit that you don't have to babysit all the damn time but can at least provide a useful scout.
>>
>>45011915
willing to bet none of those people actually play d&d
>>
>>45062384
There are videos of them playing in a normal house, all having a good time. You can tell it was just a bunch of friends playing. They also play...for hours....on live stream. I'm willing to take that bet.
>>
>>45039426
He also was yet again the highlight in Age of Rebellion
>>
>>45062296
To be fair, although the bear is never helpful and sometimes painful, it's at least partially just being a BM ranger to begin with. Hell, unless i'm wrong, you can't normally have a large creature anyway, so thats houseruled and STILL not combat effective.
>>
>>45062981
Well, they converted the characters from pathfinder, maybe they can have bears there?
I think she may have gotten him as a cub
>>
>>45062981
>>45064341
I could care less that it is a bear rather than that it's useless. It could be a battle trained hippo, but she should use it when she fights, not forget it's around when they make checks, and know when to leave it behind.
>>
>>45064584
It's 5e, it's useless in battle 99% of the time because it uses up your action, which you need to be able to attack yourself. At best she could shove it places where it can get AOO, but more realistically it just dies.
>>
>>45011915
>a pistol and 3 girls
top kek
Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 23
Thread DB ID: 474532



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.