[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cell Evolution Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: cell.jpg (20KB, 374x324px) Image search: [Google]
cell.jpg
20KB, 374x324px
You’re a cell and you're pretty great if you do say so yourself. In fact you'd bet you’re the cellist cell to cell not that you have much competition, at least not that you know? As you push your way forward you realize that you’re a lot more complex than you thought! First off you have a strange whip like structure at the back that lets you move you call it a flagella, next is a kind of hatch on the front of you that opens into a cavity you don’t know why but you feel like you should put stuff in there you call this a mouth, and last and most interesting of all is a small spot of protein that let's you "see' kinda it seems to be limited to bright, kinda bright and not bright at all you call this your light spot.
… wait there's something else but you just cant place it…

Acquired 1 evolution point
Evolution points can be spent to add parts to your cell
Add a part
1. Jaws- nom nom nom
2. Calcium shell- for maximum turtle power
3. Pheromones- used for rudimentary communication
4. Cilia - improves range of motion
5. Mouth- can put stuff in this
6. Flagella-moves you forward
7. Light spot - ooh shiny … lighty? something
8. Other- make your own part
>>
>>44996279
>2. Calcium shell- for maximum turtle power
Though could we do a silica shell instead? Much better for salt water environments.
>>
>>44996279
>4. Cilia - improves range of motion
>>
>>44996279
Knowing what I do about Spore... Jaws.
Jaws all the way.
>>
>>44996279
>6. Flagella-moves you forward
>>
>>44996279
5. Mouth
>>
>>44996279
>Cilia - improves range of motion

Fastest cell in the west
>>
Oh of course your cilia how could you forget that silly you. That’s not the only thing you notice now that you "think" about it you seem to be surrounded by a bunch of little specks! Some seem to be floating around while others are vigorously wiggling around minding their own business when the sudden desire to put stuff in your mouth hits. You decide it wont hurt to indulge.
1. Eat the floating things
2. Eat the wiggling things
3. Eat all the things!!
4. Just float around and eat what comes to you
5. Other- how do you want to feed
>>
>>44997050
>3. Eat all the things!!
Omnivore all the way.
>>
>>44997050
5. Absorb anything you come into contact with
>>
>>44997050
>Eat all the things!!
>>
GET IN MY BELLY!!! the small mote wiggles furiously as it tries to escape you only to vanish down your hatch there is almost no room for it as you have filled your mouth as much as you could it was pretty easy except for that one floating thing that darted away from you the cheater floating things should float still you feel pretty satisfied.

roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44997688

if we critfail do we starve to death?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>44997688
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>44997688
>>44997845
>>44998041
>>
End of Turn
Cell stats
Attack 0 Defense 0 utility 0 Speed 1
cell parts mouth, flagella, light spot, cilia
survival easy DC40 roll 58 success 1
Quest success 1
>>
>>44998433
Now what? :)
>>
>>44998433
Acquired 2 evolution point
Evolution points can be spent to add parts to your cell
Add a part
1. Jaws- nom nom nom
2. Silica shell- for maximum turtle power and salt water fun
3. Pheromones- used for rudimentary communication
7. Light spot - ooh shiny … lighty? something
8. Advanced osmosis- eat with your skin (cant have shells)
8. Other- make your own part
>>
>>44998525
>Jaws- nom nom nom
>>
>>44998525
>8. Advanced osmosis- eat with your skin (cant have shells)
>>
>>44998525
OM NOM NOM NOM
>>
>>44998525
>>
>>44998525
>3. Pheromones- used for rudimentary communication
>>
>>44998525
8 and 2
>Do we get to choose 2 parts since we have 2 evolution points?
>>
>>44998922
yes
>>
>>44998922
>Wait, those are mutually exclusive...
8. Advanced osmosis
9. "Feeler" antena
>>
>>44998525
>7. Light spot - ooh shiny … lighty? something
I like seeing where we're going.
>>
>>44998525

Release pheromones to attract prey, let it be eaten while hypnotized (might need some further pheromone evolution, but it's a good start)
>>
Shell and pheremones.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

your membrane stretches as it filters the nearby floating things except for the darting ones the pesky jerks and there not the only ones you have recently become aware of other wiggling things that when ever you get near emit some smelly substance that makes you not want to put them in your mouth their mind controlling powers is certainly unfair at lest you would say that if you weren't able to do the same thing it's saved you from being eaten many times already but it doesn't work on everything you meet sadly.

do you guys want me to put up any clarifications on how this works i'm writing the quest part now but ill answer questions
>>
>>44999274
Please, clarify. Also, use punctuation.
>>
File: amoeba_eating.gif (76KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
amoeba_eating.gif
76KB, 192x128px
>>44999274
You find yourself hungry luckily there's a lot of floating things around. While you're eating you suddenly see a wiggling thing get well engulfed by a big grey mass. Alarmingly you notice other grey masses around what do you do?
1.Avoid them there freaky
2.There floating thing that don't float ATTACK!!!
3.Mind your own business
4.Find some off the smelly things they don't eat you being by them might make you safer
5. Other
>>
>>44999440
>4.Find some off the smelly things they don't eat you being by them might make you safer
With our evo investments we need to either run or hide and this could lead to symbiosis.
>>
>>44999329
The quest has two parts. One where you will evolve, add, and make parts which in turn change the cell's stats. Then there is the quest stage I roll on a table to determine what happens. Your choices will have different effects some will require rolls and others will lead to more choices maybe both. When the quest stage is over you'll roll 1d100 against a survival DC influenced by the quest type, cell parts, and other things. you'll then be given successes based on how much you beat the DC and how well you did in the quest which will become Evolution points for the next evolution stage.
>>
>>44999440
ok give me 2d100
giant grey globs are more than you want to deal with. Lucky you know of some smelly things that you could hid with. The nice thing about being able to spit out smelly stuff is you can smell it to in no time you pick up on the pheromone trail which is good because you're noticing more of the grey globs and they seem to have noticed you too.
>>
>>44999440
>4.Find some off the smelly things they don't eat you being by them might make you safer
Let's also prey on whatever else comes up with a similar strategy.
>>
Rolled 161, 19 = 180 (2d200)

>>45000059
>>
Rolled 40, 99 = 139 (2d100)

>>45000059
>>
>>45000059
DC 60 rolled 61 DC 50 rolled 99
You begin to move quickly out pacing the grey globs until you're hit by a shining arc of energy. Your flagella and cilia spasm as three of the grey globs hone in on you their bodies now resembling spears. Arcs of energy bounce rapidly back and forth between them as they speed towards you faster than any blob has the right too. Ramming through the field of floating things you helplessly wiggle away from the encroaching doom. Suddenly one of the floating things darts away from the grey globs and as if pulled by a string they all jump after it, a pointless effort as it escapes. Now confused they mill about energy arcing between them before they start homing in on you again, but you've already recovered. Finding one of the smelly things you ram into it trying to get it to move it struggles against you before it also notices the grey globs and begins following in your wake by the time the three terrifying globs catch up too you ten of the smelly things are following in your wake. What do you do?
1. ATTACK!!!
2. FLY YOU FOOLS
3. Time for the Mexican stand off
4. Other- What do you do?
What ever you choice roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>4. assimilate everything
>>45000988
>>
>>45000988
You try to assimilate everything!! You however suffer some problems in attaining enlightenment and perfect understanding of the universe what with the lack of a brain and all, or any cognitive power really. You do feel that if you had rolled 42 you might have gotten an answer. Instead you get a face full of grey matter as the three grey globs try to envelope your group. The grey mass hit you with another jolt of energy, paralyzing you as it finishes surrounding you. However instead of an agonizingly slow death you begin to absorb the glob through your membrane. You don't know if this was the kind of assimilation you wanted but it works and you're group of smelly things manages to get out unharmed. There was one bit of understanding that your attempt to make everything apart of you did give you though. You now know that the smelly things are the same species as you! Now your not so lonely anymore.
roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>45001833
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>45001833
>>
End of Turn
Cell stats
Attack 0 Defense 0 Utility 2 Speed 1
Cell parts mouth, flagella, light spot, cilia, Advanced osmosis, Pheromones
Survival common DC50 -10 for pheromones and lack of cannibalism roll 90 success 5
Quest success 3
Social trait acquired
Grouping- cells travel in groups
>>
>>45002260
Acquired 8 Evolution points
1. Jaws- nom nom nom
2. Silica lining- for salt water fun and taser proofing
3. Attack Pheromones- unleash the hounds
7. Light spot - ooh shiny … lighty? Something
8. Pheromone lure - because you deserve to smell pretty
9. Other- make your own part
>>
I have to sleep soon, but please keep playing. I love evolution quests.
>>
>>45002294
>3. Attack Pheromones- unleash the hounds
>>
>>45002294

so we smell irresistible

>9. Poison skin
spend all 6 upgrade points on it
>>
>>45002294
1, 3, 8, 9(Toxic Skin)
Save the rest of the points for later.
>>
>>45002305
this was mostly meant as a one shot if you guys want me to keep doing this ill have to figure out how to archive it
>>
>>45002472
you sure you don't want to spend them the don't help if you don't use them
>>
>>45002497
Archive.4plebs.org/tg/
Automatically stores all /tg/ threads
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>45002537
ok i'm not entirely sure how that works do i make a request for the archive at the site or hear?
>>
>>45002627
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestinterface.html?

at the bottom
>>
>>45002294
>Attack Pheromones- unleash the hounds
> Pheromone lure - because you deserve to smell pretty
It's good to have friends.
>Silica lining- for salt water fun and taser proofing
They nearly killed us last time lets avoid that again.
>Other- make your own part
Given we are going all absorbealoth here could we get some acid secretions going on?
>>
You're feeling pretty fine for a cell as you and your posse wiggle around the tide pool your jaws snap menacingly. No one messes with you even the Grey globs try to avoid you! Which would be a problem if some cells had not caught wise to your whole pheromones thing. Funnily enough just as some cells developed a way to trick you into not eating them you developed a way to make them want to be eaten by you! the only thing that dampens this are those annoying Darting things they have taken up the habit of floating near you to stay safe, and they have long needle like mouths that go right through your poison skin, to suck at your insides. Worse yet they don't use pheromones so you can't lure them in. Another minor problem is that cells that don't use pheromones have gotten faster more importantly faster than you. with the sudden lack of floating things to eat you must now hunt the wiggle things.
1. Try to find an area with more floaty things
2. Float about and try to lure prey towards you
3. Try to outsmart the Darting things it may be pointless but it will make you feel better
4. other- find your own solution
>>
>>45002960
>Try to outsmart the Darting things it may be pointless but it will make you feel better
>>
>>45003055
do you guys not like the questing part of the game or are you all hiveminded to such a degree you don't feel the need to post your opinion?
>>
File: Darting things.png (79KB, 291x358px) Image search: [Google]
Darting things.png
79KB, 291x358px
>>45002960
The time of the Darting things and their darting around is over YOU WILL HAVE VENGEANCE YOU WILL HAVE SATISFACTION... maybe they are pretty hard to get.
post how you would like to get at them ideas will decrease the difficulty
>>
>>45003250
Also because i forgot like a noob
give me 3d100
this has been archived
>>
Rolled 79, 29, 56 = 164 (3d100)

>>45003250
Clump together with your brethren, jaws out and try to catch any sneaky bastards that approach.

>>45003267
rollan
>>
>>45003288
hmm I wonder if I should be merciful and let you roll two more times or just take it as is. You do seem to be the only one here right now.
>>
Rolled 79, 90, 24, 83, 17, 71 = 364 (6d100)

>>45003553
I actually just got here and not one of the previous posters. It's a pretty late time in murrica TZ.

But hey, if you deign to take a bunch more rolls, here
>>
>>45003594
ok that works for me
>>
>>45003250
You begin to form a plan kinda you manage to get the others to clump up close so you can cache the Darting things. Only now that you're looking for them you relives you're not very good at looking the Darting things look like floating things till they move. Still your group manages to spot enough of them to keep focused. The Darting things don't seem to concerned about it but some do try to dart in for a quick bite now and then. However when they see you jaws menacing at them the quickly try to break off most do but some crash into the mass of poisonous membranes and are devoured, the rest quickly take the hint. They still float about you just out of reach but they don't try to snack off you anymore.
Still even with that out of the way you are still low on readily available food what do you do?
1. Try to find an area with more floaty things
2. Float about and try to lure prey towards you
3. other- find your own solution
>>
>>45003813
We can end this here if you guys need to sleep just give me a time you guys would like me to run it and a day
>>
>>45003813
>2. Float about and try to lure prey towards you
>>
>>45003836
Generally quests start some hours before yours did and end a session by now. It's not all that specific.

Although really now it'd be better end the thread than try to drag it with one voter.
>>
>>45003858
so 6 or 7 P.M. and what day would work
>>
>>45003902
Yeah about so.

Any days work, fit them around your RL schedule.
>>
>>45003925
at 6 or 7 i'm free every day i'll run tomorrow then and see if there's a day that would work better.
good night Anon
>>
>>45003989
G'night.
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.