[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
What if Sanguinius had been made Warmaster,...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 29
What if Sanguinius had been made Warmaster, /tg/? How would the other Primarchs have responded to this choice? Would he have been a competent leader? Would Chaos have managed to corrupt him like they did Horus? If so, how successful would a Sanguinian Heresy have been compared to the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>44983842
He would have become the living avatar of Khorne Made Flesh and had at least some limited ability to see the future.

He was also MAX CHARISMA. He could have taken at least as many, if not more, of the primarchs with him.

The Emperor would have been a fine paste on the floor of the Imperial Palace.

Galaxy is on fire.

What's left of humanity is thrall to mad gods.
>>
>>44983864
>the living avatar of Khorne Made Flesh
> MAX CHARISMA

pick one
>>
>>44983864
Alternatively, Chaos would never have gotten a foothold in the Warmaster because his daddy issues weren't as severe as Horus' and he'd have dealt with them in a more constructive manner. In turn Horus would respect him too much to turn traitor in the first place.
>>
>>44983905
>dealt with his daddy issues in a more constructive manner
>lied to the emperor about the red thirst all the time because he was afraid of his legion being destroyed


no of course that couldn't backfire or be used against him
>>
>>44983877
I think he means before hand.
>>
File: corax.png (305 KB, 479x399) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
corax.png
305 KB, 479x399
My guess is a far bigger chunk of the Primarchs would have joined him, because he's an ace diplomancer.

At the same time, he could have just talked Magnus into joining him instead of tricking him.

The question is why wasn't Corax made warmaster.
>>
>>44983946
Because Alpharius did the whole guerilla stick better
>>
>>44983946
Didn't Corax have a scorched earth policy on par with Angron and Kurze?
>>
>>44983946
Being a diplomat and being able to keep an empire rather than just take one was more of a long term threat to Big-E than he thought an upstart warlord would be.

Same could be said for Guilliman and to an extent Fulgrim and Pre-Heresy Dorn.
>>
>>44983946
2nd-to-last found (possibly after II and XI had been dealt with, even), didn't get on with many of the primarchs (especially Horus), sent significant portions of his legion away for reminding him of the oppression in his childhood, preferred to work by stealth...

There's loads of reasons
>>
>>44983912
If anything it should be even easier than Horus.
>Sanguinius, you must save your sons from the Emperor! He will surely wipe you out once he learns of your gifts, as he hates all he cannot control.
>>
>>44984134
that was my point
>>
There wouldn't be any heresy the Imperium would be united under one vision that vision of course being of the emperor humanity would have access to the webway, and mankind would be happy ever after the end!
>>
>>44984134
Hell, didn't khorne nearly get him that way?
Iirc they played off Sang's nobility - "all you need to do to free your legion from the curse is to sacrifice yourself"
>>
>>44983864
No the emperor would be fine because as you say old Sangunius would go full Knorne instead of all vanilla chaos like Horus. Which knowing Chaos would cause infighting probably ending in each god empowering their 'own' Primarch.
>>
File: my wings hurt.jpg (256 KB, 800x625) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
my wings hurt.jpg
256 KB, 800x625
No, Heresy, the Imperium triumphs, gg xenos and chaos scum.
If he went rogue though, it would have been the end for humanity.
>>
>>44984307
With Logar acting as the undivided negotiator so that they all work together. At least for a while.

Fedora Lord of Terra now has to deal with multiple avatar-primarchs rather than one trying to hog all the chaos juice all coming to beat his shiny golden ass.
>>
>>44984334
Except noone listens to Lorgar. The poor bastard.
>>
Question is why wasn't BASED LIONEL not made warmastah.

>Loyal as fuck
>beated the wolf
>beated the nighthunter
>first and best legion behind him
>sexy blonde long silky hair
>not bald as fuck / full of stupid cables running into his skull.
>MAX SWORD SKILLZ
>Sex wings on helmets and bathrobes on armor.

What was Emp thinking again?
>>
>>44984444
Horus was just better. If Erebus hadn't ruined everything Horus would have been a great Warmaster.

Beside the Lion was a dick.
>>
>>44983842
>How would the other Primarchs have responded to this choice?
As much as they bitchfight among each other, pretty much none of them have a bad word to say about Sanguinius that I can recall offhand, at least from what I've read.

Even Horus admits that Sanguinius would be a better choice than him, precisely because none of the other Primarchs would complain (and Guilliman, the Lion and so on were definitely not happy that Horus got the job).
>>
>>44984575
>If Erebus hadn't ruined everything

It really shouldn't be called the Horus Heresy. It should be called Erebus, Kor Phaeron, and The Emperor Ruin Everything.
>>
All I know is Russ was the major fuckup of the heresy.

If your brother tells you that your dad wanted you to kill your other brother, you fucking question it.
Emps wanted to have Magnus stand trial, but as soon as Horus gave the kill order, Russ just went full chimp and started jerking off to the idea of murdering faggots that read books.
If he had just said "Hey dad, why do you want me to commit Fratricide?" then the Emperor would have known something fishy is up with Horus, Magnus and the thousand Sons would still be loyal, and two whole chapters of badasses would be able to turn the tide at Terra and the Emperor wouldn't need to be a skeleton on a golden toilet.
>>
>>44984809
>Emperor ruining everything
Honestly, it's not really his fault. It is, but he fucked up in how he perceived the human viewpoint, and frankly living for forty thousand years or so meant he simply couldn't relate to humanity any more.

Better question would be why he didn't listen to Malcador enough, or perhaps let the guy take point on more shit. He seemed to have a much more human appreciation of the situation.
>>
>>44984858
That's like saying if the Emperor hadn't gone Full Fedora and have sat down and talked with Logar for a while he would still have the Word Bearers.

Or if he had beamed up the rebels, or beamed down the War Hounds he would still have the World Eaters and Angron who would joyfully die for him in gratitude.

Or if he had waited 20 or 30 years for the Thunder Warriors to shuffle off the mortal coil naturally one of the anxieties the Legionaries were feeling would have been removed. Might have had more objectors in the Traitor Legions then.

Or if the Emperor had sent Curze to psychiatric specialist rather than handing him a legion he might still have the Night Lords.

Or if the Emperor had employed Perty as architect and designs dude rather than Garrison and Siege Bitch he might still have the Iron Warriors.
>>
>>44984809
>It should be called Erebus, Kor Phaeron, and The Emperor Ruin Everything.
>>
>>44984858
What makes you you think Russ didn't try to get a hold of Emps?

The Emperor had been shut in his palace working on his secret project and not taking any calls for I don't know how long. This was compounded by the fact that he was damn busy trying to keep a warp rift closed. He's not gonna take a call to explain himself to his drunk son.

Russ was prolly just glad to hear from pops for the first time since he promoted his asshole brother to warmaster. Putting a kill order on his brother was nothing special or new to Russ, considering that he had already wiped out 2 legions.
>>
>>44983984
Nope. The Raven Guard, before Corax took control of the Legion, were Night Lords: Light Edition.

Corax then recreated the Legion by sending parts of it to outer space (Carcharodons) or other places around the Imperium while reinforcing the Legion with recruits from his homeworld.
>>
>>44984444
Complete lack of social skills. The Warmaster would have stayed loyal, but the Heresy have been a hell of a lot bigger.
>>
>>44985145
Alright, I'll take your word for it. I thought I read some speech he made about carrion worlds left in his wake serving as an example
>>
>>44985182
Well Pre-Heresy Era Raven Guard were much less subtle back then.

After Isvaan, the marines are what they are today.
>>
>>44984964
Man why do people like this guy again?
>>
>>44986731
Because he is defending you from warp demons. And because he loves you.

Also, read >>44984947 and the image he posted
>>
>>44983842
>What if Sanguinius had been made Warmaster, /tg/? How would the other Primarchs have responded to this choice?

They would probably have asked, why?
Sangunius and his Legion weren't top tier military thinkers like Horus or Guilliman.
>>
>>44987987
"Because I am the Emperor and I command it, you ungrateful little shit."
>>
File: 1431328958093.png (503 KB, 700x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431328958093.png
503 KB, 700x700
>>44987987
>anyone doubting Sanguinus, best of men
>>
>>44988089
He had had a good heart, but the Blood Angels had a rivalry with the World Eaters. They weren't exactly in the running with the Ultramarines.
>>
>>44985112
Don't respond to the memesters, they don't understand that questioning orders in war is punishable by death
>>
>>44988089
Ollanius Pius was a better man. He did the same thing Sangy did without being a genetically engineered super soldier and mutant.
>>
>>44990428
Perpetual
>>
File: 1439587214869.jpg (44 KB, 360x461) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439587214869.jpg
44 KB, 360x461
>>44990428
Clearly, but it does not say "Ollanius Pius, best of men" on the tin, it says "Sanguinus, best of men"
>>
>>44990428
Nah, he was just some shmuck that took a bullet.
Sanguinus knew he went to his death before ever agreeing to take the fight to Horus, but he did it anyway, because that was his duty.
>>
>>44983842
Heresy never happens, galaxy is conquered, no more war, everybody lives happily ever after.

Except Magnus, cuz he's a faggot
>>
File: 1450889820708.png (470 KB, 468x810) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450889820708.png
470 KB, 468x810
>>44990571
Feels good to have sold my soul to Tzeench without even knowing it.

Oh wait shit.
>>
>>44990428
Question. Was Pius on Horus' ship pretending to be a traitor up until his sacrifice, or did they teleport him up because he's so badass?
>>
WHY HASN'T THERE BEEN A SANGUINOR HERESY

THERE'S BEEN HORUS

THERE'S BEEN DORN OF AL FUCKING PEOPLE

WHY NOT SANGUINIUS

I WANT VAMPIRE KHORNE RAGING BLACK LEGION
>>
>>44990486
>Took a bullet

A mind bullet! From Horus! Don't trivialize his accomplishments
>>
>>44990637
Because Sanguinius is so pure and good that it's inconceivable he could ever fall to Chaos.
>>
>>44990571

And then this?
>>
File: 1430916473064.jpg (127 KB, 874x892) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430916473064.jpg
127 KB, 874x892
>>44990621
>And then there was that shitty day when I accidently stood to close to the Emperors teleporter beam was transported to the warmaster's flagship with him. Damn, that sucked balls.
>>
>>44990727
Would they also have gigantism?
15 feet angel waifu when?
>>
>>44990621
Pius was never there.
The Pius story is just often conflated with the Terminator story because they both feature Horus, the Emperor and a third guy.
>>
>>44990731
Bummer. And this is 40k. You can guarantee it went downhill from there. Especially if he's a perpetual
>>
>>44990727
No, because we're not faggots.
>>
>>44990621
Pius is just propaganda made up by the Imperium at a later stage to offer Guardsmen an inspiring example of heroism and sacrifice which was recognized by the God-Emperor himself.
>>
>>44990805
>>44990834
HERESY! Where's a commissar when you need one
>>
>>44990823

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>44990899
Okay, I'll amend my statement. "No, because I'm not a faggot".
>>
>>44990594
That's an awesome drawing.

"My future is so bright I gotta wear shades!"
>>
>>44990727
yes please.
>>
>Pius
>During an assault on the Imperial Palace
>Takes an attack meant for the Emperor during the fighting

>The Terminator
>During assault on the Vengeful Spirit
>Interrupts a triumphant Horus standing over the Emperor
>Takes an attack meant for the Terminator
>Emperor proceeds to nuke Horus.

Learn the difference, m8s.
>>
>>44990791
Nah, they used normal humans for half the DNA, so they have all the awesomeness of a primarch in a normal sized package. Unless of course you're into giantesses. I won't fuck with your head canon
>>
>>44990916

Much better.
>>
File: 1442438213435.png (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442438213435.png
81 KB, 350x350
>>44990834
>>44990805
>teeth clenching intensifies
>>
>>44990974
Makes more sense, but is less awesome. And 40k fluff tends to defer to the rule of cool
>>
>>44990727
Along with the the Reasonable Marines and the Angry Marines, this is the worst thing /tg/ has ever done involving 40k.
>>
File: Listen_to_her.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Listen_to_her.png
645 KB, 722x525
>>44991036
>Reasonable Marines and the Angry Marines
>worst
>>
>>44990875
Come now, the guy is even called "Pious." It has got to be Ecclesiarchy propaganda. And they did a good job, it's an inspiring tale of a normal man doing what is right in the face of seemingly invincible evil.

Now get back to dying in the trenches.
>>
>>44991036
>Clearly hasn't read Heretical Love. Let me see if I can find a link

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Love
>>
>>44991036

We've done far worse. Knights Inductor for one.
>>
>>44991080
Reasonable Marines are a textbook example of missing the point by a fucking hemisphere. Marines are the Emperor's shock-troops, they don't non-lethally take down enemies of the Imperium, and then lovingly rehabilitate them.

Angry Marines are just a pathetic attempt at being funny.

>>44991108
Heretical Love is bad, but not that bad.

>>44991142
Jog my mind about those blokes?
>>
>>44991142
But isn't that basically Reasonable Marines? Or are you fucking with us?
>>
File: THESE WOUNDS.png (895 KB, 900x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
THESE WOUNDS.png
895 KB, 900x900
>>44991108
>>44991142
It's true, /tg/ is veritable cornucopia of shit!
Just look at this!
>>
File: you know nothing.jpg (31 KB, 480x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you know nothing.jpg
31 KB, 480x270
>>44991036
You make Jon Snow look knowledgeable.
>>
>>44991200
Angry Marines are one of the few things that left this website for the greater internet. You might not find them amusing, but the attempt is demonstrably anything but pathetic.
>>
>>44991200
Oh come on... Don't pretend one of them wasn't your waifu. Well? Who was it? Venus? Furia? Ah, Alpharia/Omegan. Into the twins, I see
>>
>>44991273

I really like the Nightmares though.
>>
>>44991330
I don't do the whole 'waifu' thing, as a general rule.
>>
>>44991201

Reasonable Marines on steroids. With an entire stellar realm that is perfect in every way.
>>
>>44991330
I don't know about that anon bu I wanted Petra.

I don't know why.
>>
File: 1444972163556.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444972163556.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>44991353
>>
>>44991142
>"Hey guys, lets let Chaos cultists live! What could possible go wrong?"
>>
>>44991375

You want to be Decimated.
>>
>>44991353
Yeah me either. Didn't stop me from wishing Freya was real and single
>>
>>44991425
Why do you wish an OC Donut Steel anime character was real?
>>
>>44991455
Sorry anon. Not familiar with that one. Is it worth googling?
>>
>>44991516

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/original-character-do-not-steal
>>
>>44991516
Anon what?
>>
>>44991540
Ah. You got me, I thought it was an actual anime called Donut Steel. Don't I feel silly. Anyhow I just liked her attitude, found it sexy
>>
File: 1450865532186.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450865532186.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>44992113
>>44991516
>>
>>44992201
Yes, I'm the acme of foolishness. I hope you got a laugh out of your memetic superiority. I did
>>
File: 1452069870351.jpg (67 KB, 416x508) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452069870351.jpg
67 KB, 416x508
>>44992325
Nice damage control
>>
>>44985217
After Gate 44 you mean. Pretty much all the Terran marines were dashed against that wall pretty hard for supporting Horus.
>>
>>44990834
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU YOU FUCK
>>
>>44991098
You might have a point, if this wasn't a setting where the developers decided "Angron" was a totally legit name for a primarch destined to become a Khornate daemon prince. You can chalk that up to GW being bad at naming things rather than proof of Ollanius being propaganda.
>>
File: ferrus manus.jpg (316 KB, 625x980) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ferrus manus.jpg
316 KB, 625x980
>>44993181
Still not as bad as Iron Hand, the Primarch of the Iron Hands who had iron hands. Did you know his Iron Hands decided to get themselves iron hands to mimic Iron Hand's iron hands?
>>
>>44992768
Nice smug anime face. I mean really, top notch. Are we done here?
>>
File: 1453426037955.gif (148 KB, 600x594) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453426037955.gif
148 KB, 600x594
>>44993309
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>44991516
LURK MOAR FAGGOT
>>
>>44990974
i assume you meant the terminator takes an attack meant for emps
>>
>>44986731
Cuz he's an ultrapowerful psyker who zaps the brains of everyone around him into perceiving him positively.
>>
>>44993352
Really? Do you really think my post was so embarrassing? There was a point it was time to stop shitting up the thread and we've clearly passed it. But let's keep going and see what happens. I'm drunk enough that it might be entertaining
>>
>>44993399
No. Horus purposely strikes at the Terminator.
This opens a window of opportunity for the Emperor.
>>
>>44991036
In my opinion they should have done more with the Primarchs themselves and stuff like the Beast's Waagh,The hive fleets and things like that.
>>
>>44995647
Teegee did a hive fleet, check it out

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hive_Fleet_Nidhoggr
>>
>>44995647

I can't help but agree. The premise actually had some potential, but instead of going though with it all we got was endless waifucrap. And while I actually like the idea of the Primarch's daughters, if they were incorporated as part of the overall setting instead of segregated from it it would have all come off as much more well rounded and interesting.
>>
>>44997808
They had a series where a few of the daughters visited their respective primarch's home worlds. I didn't get the whole way through it, but what I read was interesting. I think it was called Road Trip. I could hunt up a link if you're interested
>>
File: 5.jpg (17 KB, 477x325) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
17 KB, 477x325
>>44983842
The Sanguinian Schism is a thing- check the group on facebook. I personally think its heretical to think my primarch would ever be corrupted. If Horus couldn't do it, then nobody would.
>>
>>44997946

That story was more cutesy-pie bullshit though. Those authors never read a single fucking HH Novel and it shows.
>>
>>44987842
God I love this most of all. Space Jesus is the shit.
>>
>>44990727
Are any of her cousins even slightly curious as to what that thing on Lyra's shoulder is?
>>
>>44990727
Furia doesn't have the Butcher's Nails, so I'm assuming she's a level headed person with a strong focus on trust and camaraderie?
>>
Fools... We all know, how the Heresy really ended ...
(pic related)
>>
>>45005713
>>
>>45005713
I want fujoshits out of my 80s metal power fantasy.
>>
>>44983842
If anything Horus himself said that Sanguinius was the Primarch that was most like the Emperor. Horus actually said that Sanguinius had everyone of the qualities that the Emperor had while the other Primarchs only had one of the Emperor's qualities.
>>
>>45005501

If only the writers had actually read the HH Books.
>>
>>44984858
>Horus was the closest to emps
>Russ couldn't get hold of emps
>Emps just says "go get magnus, hes a dick"
>Horus finds you and says "he wants him dead for his betrayl, hes actually a massive traitor"
>Horus is basically your boss and the closest contact the emperor

Im sure russ had his suspicions but ...
>>
File: promeathia.jpg (105 KB, 806x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
promeathia.jpg
105 KB, 806x1200
>>44990727
It's like Star Trek.

So much potential.

There are good parts but there are bad parts. But mostly it's just wasted potential.
>>
File: TheLion.jpg (271 KB, 752x1061) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TheLion.jpg
271 KB, 752x1061
>>44984444

I don't understand it either.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (5 KB, 119x125) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
heresy.jpg
5 KB, 119x125
>>44984575

>Lists reasons why the Lion should have been warmaster
>"Horus was just better"

You couldn't even get one?
I guess Horus really didn't have much going for him.
>>
>>44984964
>Or if he had beamed up the rebels, or beamed down the War Hounds he would still have the World Eaters and Angron who would joyfully die for him in gratitude.
Do you think the Emperor didn't know about the bond of brotherhood of the gladiators? Do you think he was blind?
All the Primarchs were challenged to some degree by the Emperor in order to gauge their true worth.
The Emperor wanted to see if loyalty to his father and the Great Crusade would outweigh his loyalty to his closest brother, in case he was ever put to the test to choose between the ideal of humanity and his sons.
And what did Angron do? He failed.
The only wrong thing the Emperor did in that case was not throwing Angron out the airlock like the degenerate guttertrash he was
>>
>>44984122
>2nd-to-last found
Where was that ever said? All I've been able to find was that Horus was the first found and the twins were the last.
>>
>>45015156
Which is exactly why the Empra is dumb. Either help Angron and try to gain his loyalty that way or leave him to die because he's too deranged and damaged to be useful. Don't give him a reason to hate you and then set him loose with an army of super soldiers.
>>
File: file.png (44 KB, 506x449) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
file.png
44 KB, 506x449
>>45015516
the editor of the HH series released it some time ago
>>
>>45013339
Arrest him and you can still execute him after double-checking with Dad.

Kill him and you're fucked if your little-bro boss lied to you.
>>
>>45015583

> Corax 18, Redacted 19
> Deliverance Lost very clearly and unambiguously says that both Legions were lost before Corax was discovered
>>
>>45015627
But they did try that, they tried to contact Magnus through conventional means, and when that failed, tried through Kasper, not knowing that he wasn't a Hidden One at all
>>
>>45015656
You're just making assumptions.
Or Gav Thorpe is retarded, whichever you prefer
>"Seventeen of them. You are the Primarchs, my finest creations."

>"Seventeen?" Corvus asked, confused. "I remember that I was number nineteen. How can that be so?"

>The Emperor's expression grew bleak, filled with deep sorrow. He looked away as he replied.

>"The other two," he said. "That is a conversation for another day."
Can be read as the two not having been found
>>
>>45015583
Nice! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>45013404

What part would you consider worth salvaging?
>>
>>45015678
Or he might just be referring to his serial number.
>>
>>45016006
It couldn't be in the order they were found, because then Lion wouldn't be the first.
>>
>>45016170
Nah, I just mean for that
>I remember that I was number nineteen.
bit.
>>
>>45015536
>>45015156
Weren't the gladiators all corrupted though and just about to start worshipping Khorne? Wasn't that why he left them to die? I seem to remember reading something like that.
>>
>>45016609

That's one theory. We don't know enough at this point.
>>
>>44985163
This, same reason Dorn didn't make warmaster, both were too big of social retards.
>>
>>44984444
Checked the Quadcopter.
Indeed the dark angels are the best chapter.
>>
A less succesful heresy? Sanguie was cool but he didn't had such control over the others as Horus did.
>>
>>45022107

Would a Heresy with a loyal Warmaster make any difference?
>>
>>44984964
he did talk with Lorgar

he told he to cut out that BS

Lorgar refused and got bitchslapped
How fucking old is Lorgar by that time?

you still expect your old man to hold your hands and give you talks like a fucking child when you are that at age?!

they are supposed to be ADULT generals of an army.
the emperor simply expects them to act like goddamn adults and not need constant coddling

Angron was given a choice, the Emperor/imperium or his shitty band and there is also the high chance that his buddies are all khornates, why the hell would the emperor go save khornates?

psychiatry? seriously?

if perturabo was upset about doing his job so well then he should have said something shouldn't he?

he just moaned and bitched in private while the Emperor and the rest see him as liking that job given how well he does it
>>
>>45018590
I love Dorn but he's really not Warmaster material. Lacks the grandeur, charisma, and achievements.
>>
>>45024895
Man, was there a more gettinist shit done guy ever?
>>
>>44983842
Hmmm....

Well, he lacks daddy issues. Horus's pride may still cause him to rebel, but if the E is smart, he keeps Horus close to him and showered in praise, so Horus stays loyal by knowing that he's Dad's favorite.
The rule of the setting is that things always get worse so... the Red Thirst manifests itself in Sanguinius perpetually looking for more and more opportunities for violence. As the Crusade slows down, Sanguinius starts looking for excuses to deploy his increasingly bloodthirsty troops. He uses the Night Lord's viciousness as a Causus Belli to declare them rebels, and launches a campaign against them. When the Emperor learns of this, he dispatches other Legions to stop Sanguinius's madness. Sanguinius convinces some of the legions to join him, because he's so pretty, and we have a pretty similar scenario to the Horus Heresy, except perhaps the Chaos Gods only come to influence Sanguinius a little later, and the Night Lords ironically remain loyal.
Sanguinius is also a much better and less nasty people-manager than the Emps and Horus were, so the Iron Warriors actually stay *loyal* to the Emperor because they weren't treated like shit, too. The World Eaters still side with the BA, because they've always been bros in this setting, and Magnus still probably fucks up and winds up on the rebel side too.
I think Sanguinius could sway the Space Wolves, due to their sense of personal honor and respect for a great warrior with awesome hair, and the Alpha Legion due to their eagerness to test themselves against other legions. The Iron Hands stay loyal, not being swayed by Sanguinius's good looks, and the Emperor's Children, always mildly bothered by the fact that Fulgrim wasn't chosen as Warmaster, stick with the Emps in the hopes of a promotion. The rest I give a more-or-less 50/50 toss up, depending on how well Sanguinius can sweet talk them and whether or not they resent the Emperor for one reason or another.
>>
>>44983842
Why have Sanguinius be the Warmaster when the best Primarch could be Warmaster?
>>
>>44983864
None of tye Primarchs are on the Emperors level, even the Demon powered up versions. Emperor was holding back hugely against HORUS.
>>
>>45025254
>>
>>45025295
Perfect/10
>>
>>44983905
Actually Horus secretly hated him because sang had such style he made his wins and charisma seem natural whereas Horus felt he had to work for his wins
This is shown in fear to tread which has a post ullanor meeting where they talk about Horus becoming warmaster
Horus ends up secretly pissed off at sang because he feels like sang turned the title down due to his wings and being airy fairy - makes Horus feel like he got sloppy senconds
So I see Horus falling and leading a smaller rebellion of all the bitter cunts who wouldn't have been able to stand sang - morty as librarians wouldn't have been banned, bitter pert, Lorgar naturally behind it all, curze after getting bitch slapped for being a cunt.
Meanwhile Magnus might well have been reigned in, fulgrim has his dick sword taken away so doesn't fall, and Cabal can talk to sang so alpha doesn't fall
>>
>>44984134
Sang prophecy gifts suggests he wouldn't have fallen for that shit
>>
>>45025295
>I should text Luther....
>Maybe tommorow...
>>
>>44984964
Some of this shit is due to the way Merrett changed the lore for the ccg
The main GW who were doing the index astartes at the time were building a better story - so at Nikea sorcery is the issue and emperor makes GOAT decision to allow pure psyker due to smurf librarian, which is why most chapters have libby in blue
>>
>>45025295
Does anybody remember when the Loyalty of the Lion and his Legion was in doubt, before Black Library cocked it up? Before the BL writers missed the whole point of the DAngles?
>>
>>45028302
Yeah, I do.

Before it became a "meme" that the DA's loyalty was questionable at best.

>but DAfags will scream retcon and smugly post screencaps of newer editions proving the DA's constant loyalty
>while at the same time bitching about how newer editions are fucking up the lore for Deathwing and Ravenwing
>>
>>45028302
>>45030685

> There was one story
> Literally one
> Written over 12 years ago
> In that story, the sole person claiming disloyalty hated the Dark Angels
> And was a known traitor
> And the story was written by Gav "Lion punches heads off major Dark Angel heroes" Thorpe
>>
>>45025285
Then he was an idiot.
>>
>>45015972
Trip into hell was rather good In my opinion
>>
>>45030958
And that story give some credence to suspicions of DAngle disloyalty, which had been around for some time. \

Jesus dude, they kill anybody who's seen Cypher, and Inquisitors who investigate them go missing. They keep on insisting they're the most loyal ever, but they're really not, even if they're not closet traitors.
>>
>>44993181
M8, your talking about a game that was firmly tongue in cheek, in the 80's, made by dudes who read way too much Heavy Metal magazine, with art that rarely went above the level of "Here' s this thing I drew in my notebook in 3rd period".

There was no plan to have some grand, super serious story.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 29
Thread DB ID: 474373



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.