[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been a "That Guy" for reasons that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: 1450924532587.jpg (61KB, 738x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1450924532587.jpg
61KB, 738x1185px
Have you ever been a "That Guy" for reasons that aren't necessarily bad?

Like the party deciding to dislike your character for sticking to pretty neutral character traits that might go against the party but ultimately supports/helps the party. Think an occasional, 'I'm not okay with this everyone is going to die' rather than 'No fuck you guys I'm getting everyone killed'
>>
nigga english pls
>>
I was called "that guy" because the DM's girlfriend tried to stab me and I was blamed for it. Because i was playing a kender. Yeah I know I might have deserved it. And it wasn't "that guy" since no one I know uses that phrase IRL, but more like "you are the fucking shittiest RPG player get the fuck out of my house right now"
>>
>>44974933
What type of kender were you playing?
There's never an excuse for trying to stab someone, but you were playing a kender.
>>
>>44974933
>i was playing a kender.
You deserve everything you got you fucking fuck.
>>
>>44974577
All the time. They think of me as the evil incarnate, despite us gaining power through my choices. Sometimes some people die / lose limbs, but that is ok. I'm having my 7th arm at the moment.
>>
>>44975370
I'm in a similar situation, except the only character who ends up getting hurt is mine. He's the type who is quick to make self sacrifices in whatever form, he's really been letting his reputation suffer in the party for everyone else's sakes even though none of the players are willing to acknowledge it though
>>
>>44974933
>playing a kender
Burn in hell.
>>
>>44974577
Just to expand on my example I'll try to tell my story.

I was playing a hot headed character who holds his old values pretty high, the main being he believe that you have to make your own strength by overcoming hardships and the second that he doesn't like putting his problems on other people. The character was eventually elected leader for saving the party from certain doom.

The party had a problem with infighting and as leader, everyone expected my character to mitigate situations, but since most of the fighting was over petty shit, I let my character leave everyone else to handle it because it wasn't really fit for my character to be the wise and capable person who fixes (or even know how to fix) everyone's problems and he felt that by letting the party members find the solution to their own problems they'll be better off for it.

Players were (indirectly) upset at me for not fulfilling that role and even blamed me for starting all the infighting, even though I had nothing to really do with it more than anyone else involved.

Eventually I start trying to make my character be more involved, but because he's a rough type he doesn't do a good job and the one character he tries to work with consistently responds negatively. I'm at fault for this though even though my character is clearly trying.

Game goes on, I let my character fall for a hobby as a weakness that I had given him from the start of the game and his personality was centered around that led to a negative situation for the party. I'm a horrible person for it, even though another character was equally if not more responsible for making everything go to shit. Leadership gets revoked because my character is too selfish, even though all his actions have been for the sake of party, except for this one instance where we were suppose to be having a light session and I let my character fall for one of his hobbies as a weakness.

(Cont)
>>
>>44976028
Things continue, everyone starting to hate my character ingame, even though he hasn't really done anything to wrong the party and even apologized a lot for his apparent fuck ups, going out of the way to try and take blame for the rest of the party too in order to make sure the parties anger is focused on him rather than someone else to prevent fighting.

Game goes on, BBEG shows up and offers the party a deal, their lives for the sake of their world. My character considers the offer and tries to get some more information out of the BBEG. Seeing as he's already hated he figured this was the best he could do for the party and if he could sacrifice himself for the guaranteed safety of the world it'd be worth. General heroic shit. Character decides to decline because he doesn't trust BBEG. Players shit on me for considering it. Things get worse after I decide to have my character stop an attack from another player mean for a dickface henchman who went out of the way to try and talk with the party and try to let us understand his perspective without fighting. He was only a dick to the character who was attacking him because said character didn't even want to bother with peace talks in the first place.

I get called a derailer despite the fact the entire party was all for trying to get a peaceful path going ignoring said character, up until said player attacked the henchman who was being a dick to him. I'm the bad guy for trying to stop the fight from happening and make a point that the party is there for peace. The whole party starts yelling at me calling me the worst person ever because I tried to fight for peace.

I think what everyone was really upset about is that they believed I had an attitude of being better than everyone else when the reality was I just had a different belief on certain things that reflected in the game. Effectively they wanted my characters to go in directions I didn't want to go, so I'm a bad guy for it. I just don't get it.
>>
>>44975557
>>44975018
>>44974996

I cannot believe you would treat someone this way. Probably because it was a woman who tried to stab me. So she was totally justified. Yeah sure. Just because I chose to play a CERTAIN KIND OF RACE. ANd SOMEONE TRIED TO FUCKING MURDER ME FOR IT. AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HER. BECAUSE OF A GAME. A G-A-M-E. GAME.

You people seriously need some kind of psychological help. Because the fact that you think physical violence is okay, over a GAME, makes you psychopaths. Every single fucking one of you.
>>
File: 8e7.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8e7.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>44976424
>>
>>44976529

Seriously? You think this is bait? Dude this is not a joke, a woman actually tried to stab me over a D&D game, okay? That's NOT okay. I'm sorry I sperged out in all caps there but I am fucking disgusted that you would ever consider that kind of behavior acceptable. Playing Kender or Tieflings or whatever, is NEVER an excuse to hutr another human being. It's a GAME.
>>
>>44976599
You must realize that they are either memeing or mentally ill, right? Considering that accounts for at least 90% of interaction that occurs on this website.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 600x592px
>>44976424
I'll take, "shit that never happened" for 500 please
>>
>>44976424
Oh, you meant stab in real life.
>>
Remember, being That Guy is as simple as not fitting the playstyle of the group.

Even if you are a fantastic RPer, if you want to do that but the rest of the group wants to kick in a door and murder-rape, you are still That Guy to THAT particular group.

It happens! Just don't be the most common version of That Guy and make an ass of yourself about it, just nod your head, say it's not for you, and find a new group. Don't try to force your playstyle on them, if that's not how they want to play.
>>
>>44976424
>>44976599

>Posting an anecdote about a confrontation you had
>Getting mad when people inevitably take the other person's side

You're new, aren't you?
>>
>>44976424
I don't think it was defending so much as just memeing about kenders. Gotta go with the more reasonable answer on this one.
>>
Once, I think.
It was a pokemon game, homebrew region, mechanics that developed and changed on the fly, as they were bent and tested.
The first character was the Professor's daughter, and a rebellious pickpocket. Used "sneaky" pokemon
The second was the disgraced heir to a megacorp (but young enough that he wasn't "famous"), used "pretty" pokemon
The third was an assistant to Bugsy, but left, cause the player decided that Bugsy was an immoral person, used Bugs
The fourth wanted to be the first person to do the Gym Challenge in that region, used Fire types
I was the fifth. I also wanted to become Champion. I used Fighting types, and was myself, a martial artist (the joke was that I was also a Fighting type)
We start the Gym Challenge (turns out the League jumped the gun with Beta participation. The gyms weren't set up, leaders weren't decided, and some towns were openly opposed), so we wound up investigating the local Villain Team.

Players 1 and 2 slowly develop a relationship with each other
Player 3 develops a relationship with a sympathetic NPC, and she uses him like a tool
Player 4 and myself become somewhat rivals

Adventures happen, we bumble along through them.
I get openly shit on by the others (I'm not sure how much of it was IC. They insisted it was all of it) because I'm trying to be the heroic type, and save people, including party members.
I'm constantly left out of plans and things.
I manage to get a gym battle, and tell the rest of the party to show up at X location at Y time, player 4 says "I go an hour early and challenge the leader" because fuck me, right? Fuckin' meta-y bitch

I go do my own thing during downtime, because no one wants to come (Art Imitates Life, anyone?)
>>
>>44976874

You clearly haven't been around many psycho bitches. They don't understand that physical violence hurts people, they just screech and slash. I've seen them do it over less than a kender PC. Just because I rolled a nat20 on a roll to "pickpocket" her panties, doesn't give her a right to try to hurt me.

>>44976711

I full understand that most of /tg/ is mentally ill, yes. Thanks for the comfort but the idea of laughing at real violence just enrages me. What a bunch of childish edgelords.
>>
>>44977107

That's bullshit. You have a right to the kind of game you want. People who play murderhobo need to have real roleplaying forced on them, they are like mental children, someone needs to help them if they are going to help them selves.

>>44977137

I don't really care, it is still unacceptable to take the side of an assaulter. Also yes I am new to this website, so fucking what?
>>
>>44976424
Oh, you meant in real life.

No, she was totally unjustified in her actions. Fuck that bitch.
>>
what the everliving fuck is going on in this thread
>>
>>44977294
>What a bunch of childish edgelords.
It's what you can expect from 4chan.

To be fair though, not taking a story about someone getting stabbed seriously online probably points at being more well adjusted than not. They're also poking fun at the fact you were playing a kender rather than getting stabbed, but I feel like it's becoming bait at this point.

>>44977268
I'm going to assume this was an online group. Did you guys have a skype or something going because I could see that fostering the us against you type mentality since that's effectively what happened in my game. A group of players made their own side group and decided to agree on everything from then on, which naturally makes for a lot of problems for the game.
>>
>>44977326
I don't believe that anyone is actually this much of a retard.
>>
>>44977294
>Just because I rolled a nat20 on a roll to "pickpocket" her panties

please continue telling us more about this awful awful character, anon.
>>
>>44976424
Literally.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>44977555
Yeah I'm really curious about the character too.
>>
>>44977387

Thank you.

>>44977471

No, they said I deserved to get stabbed.

>>44975018
>>44975557

^^^ both of these posts, what a bunch of fricking idiot, what the fuck is wrong with them?

One of my friends played an assassin and he killed 2 party members from behind over gold disputes, and HE DIDNT GET ALMOST STABBED IN REAL LIFE DID HE? BUT PLAYING A FUCKING LEGITImATE RACE OPTION THAT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE STUFF FROM THE PARTY IS SUDDENLY AN EXCUSE FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

I am sorry but it just makes me SO angry that people would even CONSIDER excusing that kind of behavior over a game. All I did was try to pickpocket her panties as a joke and I rolled like a 32. Everyone else was laughing how was I supposed to know the stupid bitch had a switchblade in her wallet? Jokes on her because I am buying one and going back to that group and if she assaults me again she's getting a knife in teh chest.
>>
>>44976959
Don't care.
Dude played a kender.

No remorse.
>>
>>44976959
Yeah he definitely framed it in the context of the D&d game

Maybe she'd had things go missing from her house irl and then you come in playing a playful thief?

Full story plz
>>
>>44977634
Um...you played a kender?

Well then, I hope you get cancer. In your ass.
>>
>>44977634
this happened.jpg
>>
>>44977634
Pretty sure those posts were in just. Think of it as a "I hope you get cancer" type post. They aren't actually serious, but they are saying you have shit taste.

>if she assaults me again she's getting a knife in teh chest.
You sound just as crazy as the psychobitch.
>>
File: Smiling Aku.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Aku.gif
835KB, 500x375px
>>44977294
She wasn't the only psycho at the table it seems
And I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that you did a lot more than "play a kender" to warrant a stabbing
>>
File: 1452486881705.jpg (7KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
1452486881705.jpg
7KB, 250x160px
>>44976424
That's not what being a psychopath means. I feel like stabbing you for misusing that word.
>>
>>44974577
Eh, we had a player once who thought they were this type of person. The problem was that he was a Paladin who ultimately abandoned two of his friends (my PC and another character) in a dimension of hell because of a 'We can't go into danger' mentality he shared with two other party members.

It would've been excusable, if not for the fact that one had been abducted, and the other (mine) leapt into a Hell-portal to save the abductee.
>>
File: ka2e9kb.png (40KB, 982x600px) Image search: [Google]
ka2e9kb.png
40KB, 982x600px
>>44977326
this is some dedicated fucking bait
>>
>>44977642

Yeah the fact that you think that that is okay means you are a fucking psycho. I am not even kidding. If someone ever tries to stab me in a D&D game again, they are goign to get killed. I have purchased a knife and I am keeping it on my person at all future D&D games.

>>44977686

No. the full story is that my friend is a total cuck who likes dating fat chicks, and when I gave him shit about it he finally started dating a skinnier girl but she was a crazy bitch who hated me for some weird-ass reason I never figured out.

He then made the mistake of adding her to our D&D group and she was bored as fuck in the game, so I decided to liven it up by having my character slip under her skirt and pickpocket her panties.

She raged out hard and withdrew a fucking knfie and got up in my face and threatened to stab me 3 times before I pushed her off and ran out the door. Then I got an angry text from my friend an hour later saying don't come back.

I'm seriously considering suing her. She's a craazy cunt and my dumb-ass friend is just protecting her, I think she has borderline personality disorder or something.
>>
>>44977790
But you admit you played a kender?

Burn in hell then.
>>
>>44977790
>uses cuck unironically
>decides being obnoxious to a character in-game is a better way of keeping them from being bored then just going 'hey is there anything we can do to make this more interesting for you'
>'lol I steal her panties xD'
>plays a kender

I'm probably supposed to care, but I don't. Also: never happened.
>>
>>44977766
I feel like making a decision that ultimates harms other players ability to play and have fun is what makes for inexcusable that guying.

Challenging danger is part of the fun of the game, so it shouldn't really be a big deal to go with risky paths.
>>
>>44977861
Even if it did happen...
He played a kender.
There's no excusing that.
>>
>>44976874
Not him, but I've been attacked over a game once or twice.
It's not impossible.
>>
>>44977911
Well, duh.
>>
>>44977752

I did nothing. Quit projecting shit you've heard from other threads.

>>44977698

Wishing cancer on someone is truly pathetic. I hope you visit a cancer ward and see the kind of horrors that that disease inflicts on people.

i really cannot believe the lack of empathy you are showing here. No one in this situation deserves cancer. You are a child who throws around consequences you know nothing of. Grow the fuck up.

>>44977711

Self defense is crazy? Are you fucking kidding?

Also I don't care if the posts were "injust", no SHIT they were injust, wishing cancer on someone is not a joke. It is not okay. I had an uncle die of it and it was a horrible 2 years of watching. The fact you would wish that on someone over a D&D game is FUCKING disgusting and that just makes you a shit human being.
>>
>>44977960
You played a fucking kender??

Wtf?
>>
>>44977830

No you go to hell for making jokes about cancer. Over a GAME. Get that through your thick fucking skull, little boy. It was a game.

>>44977861

There is nothing wrong with playing a kender.
>>
>>44978007
>>44977911

Shut up. You have NO right to decide what other people play, and condoning violence over a fucking RPG makes you a goddamn child. How fucking immature do you have to be for agree with that kind of shit?
>>
>>44977471
No, it was an irl game, but at the time I was pretty heavy into being depressed all the time, so that might be colouring my memories
>>
>>44977949
Seen it once only.
We got stuck in a motel for 6 days because of weather. So we played d&d.

Tempers got short..blah blah.
One guy dropped a dagger( unsheathed), in the mages bag of holding. It burst..mage had his spell book in it.
Mage player calls guy a fucking idiot..guy responds by hitting the PCs cat familiar
Mage player punches other player. Blind side shot.. Chair tipped..then it turned into a wrestling match, not much punching.

We rerolled and started a new game.
>>
File: 1450579232107.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450579232107.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>44977634
>PLAYING A FUCKING LEGITImATE RACE OPTION
>LEGITImATE

>she's getting a knife in teh chest
>>
>>44978089
>There is nothing wrong with playing a kender.
As you can plainly see, you are both wrong and the most That Guy of That Guys.
>>
>>44978122
Are you for real??
Srsly?

You played a fucking kender?!?!
>>
>>44978122
>I'll throw a tantrum and accuse everyone of being a child, that'll show them how mature I am!

lol
>>
>>44978196

That was fists. Not a KNIFE. Do you understand? There is a CLEAR line there.

>>44978230

I wasn't kidding. I've had enough of that psycho bitch, I don't care if she yells at me but if she attacks me I will finish the job and not even go to jail for it. Self defense.

>>44978241
>>44978266

Grow up. Show ONE thing that is wrong with playing a kender.
>>
>>44976424
My god, someone who is a bigger faggot than OP.
>>
>>44978122
I think, given her reaction and the reaction of other players, this was not the first creepy and / or Lender thing you did. And now you're planning to return to a group that clearly doesn’t want you. And commit violence.

It's pretty clear you were that guy here.
>>
>>44978276

Yeah keep "lolling" you worthless bastard. There is NO defense for attacking someone with a knife over a game.
>>
>>44978354
lol
>>
>>44978300
You do know self defense laws only apply when you cannot do anything to actually remove yourself from the situation, right?

As in, there will be about 3 witnesses to say that you committed murder.
>>
>>44978354
Unless they play a kender
>>
>>44978385
Wait till the jury hears that he literally played a kender.

>guilty
>life +10 years
>>
>>44978385
>You do know self defense laws only apply when you cannot do anything to actually remove yourself from the situation, right?

Maybe in your faggot-ass liberal state but not in mine.

>>44978348

> she overreacted
> therefore I did something to deserve it

Bull fucking shit. Also my intention is not to commit violence, merely to defend myself if she attacks me. My state has stand your ground by the way. And my friend said I can come back and that he's sorry for being angry. he's massively pussy-whipped and does basically whatever she wants.

>>44978365

k
>>
>>44978387
Op played a kender?

Wtf?!?!
>>
>>44978422
Well given we have no context beyond what you provide, and you admit to committing sexual acts towards her in game AND to playing a Kender, I think it's safe to assume there may be context beyond what you have told us that make her actions more reasonable.
>>
>>44978422
Because Ohio is by definition a liberal state, retard. And being an Ohioan in the state of Ohio is not a punishable offense.

Most fucking states have that clause. You're just another red neck barbar that doesn't understand the law.
>>
File: 1433098683140.gif (2MB, 624x335px) Image search: [Google]
1433098683140.gif
2MB, 624x335px
>>44977790
>total cuck
Misusing words again? That deserves a stabblin'
>>44977960
"in jest" shitlord. More stabblin' incomin.
>>44978422
>Maybe in your faggot-ass liberal state but not in mine.
> My state has stand your ground by the way.
Putting my money on Florida.
>>
>>44977790
>No. the full story is that my friend is a total cuck who likes dating fat chicks, and when I gave him shit about it he finally started dating a skinnier girl
What are you, his mom?
>>
>>44978610
He's just a dude who is very invested in who another dude chooses to date. There's nothing weird about that, anon.
>>
>>44977634
>Durr hurr I'mma get a knife so I can stabz a bitch.
You're a special kinda stupid, aren't you? Enjoy first degree murder charges, you pleb.
>>
>>44978597
Floridafag here
He fits the bill alright
>>
>>44978694
>Enjoy first degree murder charges, you pleb.

Kek, I'll enjoy masturbating at her funeral while I get off scot free.

Get it? "Get off"? ahahahaha
>>
>>44977869
That was what I said afterwards.

Plus, and I know this may be read as metagaming, but Tabletop games are about imaginary people doing imaginary things on a mundane to epic scale; running away from danger just because it's dangerous, to the extent where it results in abandoning one's friends, seems to be antithetical to the spirit of storytelling.

PCs are supposed to be the Heroes (in a current or Greek sense); they're the movers and shakers of the world, and abandoning your fellow Ubermench who fought with you, bled for you, was basically your blood-brother. . . it seems lame.
>>
File: 1432188857041.png (1MB, 796x587px) Image search: [Google]
1432188857041.png
1MB, 796x587px
>>44977634
>>
>>44977785
Isn't it? I'm honestly impressed at this point
>>
I now eagerly await to see the headline "Florida man stabs friend's girlfriend over D&D".

Shine on you crazy anon.
>>
>>44978843
You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>44976424
You mean this was in RL? Shit
>>
>>44979944
I'd imagine that /at least/ 15% of Americans are that stupid.
>>
>>44980134
As being one of those 15% of Americans, I can confirm that this statement is true.
>>
>>44974863
What OP is trying to say is.
>Have you been a colossal faggot because you think it was justified.
>>
File: 1439396338325.gif (420KB, 225x236px) Image search: [Google]
1439396338325.gif
420KB, 225x236px
>>44980134
>>44980493
1 in 4 'Muricans believe the sun orbits the Earth.
Something like 50% believe in creationism.
>>
I was in a game with a split setting. Modern earth, magical portals, fantasy setting.

Everyone else basically decided it was going to be '/k/ vs LotR', apparently I didn't get the memo as I rolled up characters from the fantasy side.

Turns out medieval weapons dont do much against assault rifles.
>>
>>44974933
>I might have deserved it

>>44976424
>Just because I chose to play a CERTAIN KIND OF RACE. ANd SOMEONE TRIED TO FUCKING MURDER ME FOR IT. AND YOU ARE DEFENDING HER.

OP confirmed for either a) impersonation bait, b) rotation from real-story-into-bait, c) fucking retarded, or d) all of the above, and also a fag.
>>
>>44974933
Hahaha if anyone deserves a stabbin' it's this guy. Can we start some kind of betting pool for how soon he gets knifed next?
>>
>>44977790
Was it at your friends house?
>>
>>44980537
don't switch tack, OP, no need for it yet.
>>
>>44974933
Kill yourself
>>
>>44974933
>Yeah I know I might have deserved it.
You totally did, asshole.
>>
>>44977326
How about you consider going to fuck yourself?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.