[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[QUEST] Operation Frostbite: Part 2 (PACYOA:TE)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 14

File: Ural-mountains.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ural-mountains.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Ural Mountains - 2200 HOURS

You don't really know why you had thought it best to stay at the frozen, spooky base, but time has since passed and you've had a short time to regroup and think things through. Nothing has happened... yet... but it certainly seems as though something odd took place here. Opulence has kept track of nearby movements, and nothing particularly interesting has come up. Despite a number of tremors that seem to come much further than can be detected... nothing has come of that either.

Hoping to get more information, Opulence has taken it upon himself to reach out to more trusted pilots that he knows from the wide variety of factions. It is still really, really cold. While your suits have no issue keeping you alive, and the dropship nearby serves as a good place to sleep and eat, venturing back out into the cold seems to consistently have adverse effects on the world around you.

As a note - the mission takes place at nighttime, in a spooky base in the frozen Ural Mountains.

Ideally, you would have opted to do things in the daytime.

Daylight lasts from around 11 to 3. You missed your four-hour window, because you were sleeping off the mission and/or enjoying a not-spooky meal inside the dropship. This seems like a massive oversight on part of someone, somewhere, but you're a bunch of fa/tg/uys in mech suits going to the Ural Mountains to investigate alien space magic, so you're used to these kinds of circumstances.
>>
File: frostypaint.png (14KB, 774x513px) Image search: [Google]
frostypaint.png
14KB, 774x513px
This mission will not have a registry, so it is assumed that there is open registration for this mission before hitting a player limit (I'll likely cap it at 10 or 15).

Please include combat builds in your first post, but be aware that they may/may not be used in this mission.

Any players joining later will be fluffed as responding to the call from Opulence. Any players who appeared in the previous iteration but are not present for this mission will be fluffed as staying on the ship.

The rolled number was 7.
>>
File: 1407622978369.jpg (1MB, 1600x1495px) Image search: [Google]
1407622978369.jpg
1MB, 1600x1495px
Due to the last part of Frostbite being run over Skype, there is no archive for the previous part. Any questions concerning what happened last game can be answered OOC or IC, depending on circumstances.

It is assumed that any players who were previously in Frostbite are on the dropship.

This is action text.
"This is dialogue text."
[This is OOC text.]
(This is OOC text.)

Mission now open!
>>
File: _2292595.jpg (48KB, 626x467px) Image search: [Google]
_2292595.jpg
48KB, 626x467px
>>44959670
Show was seated inside the spooky Barracks, on one of the beds, idley tending to one of her doves. Mostly checking the equipment to make sure the frost hadn't damaged any of it.

Well, she knew that it probably wouldn't be damaged, but she worried like that.

>http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Hood_Rats_Anonymous
>Mah build
>>
File: Carrier prime.jpg (951KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Carrier prime.jpg
951KB, 1680x1050px
>>44959670
>>44959710
>>44959751

Carrier Prime continued to fly above the mountain base. Sometimes rising above cloud cover if needed for a better view of the night skyline.

Tommy: "Man this is boring. I could be back at home blowing up things for science or messing around on the AC net."

Editi: "Stay alert Tommy. We are still on duty and in an unknown situation."

Tommy: "Yah yah....."

http://pastebin.com/sf4ZsMfU

+/- 10 bonus to tech, 20 when hacking
+5 dex and -5 to com normal
-1 com #4 and +20 longbow
>>
>>44959670
>http://pastebin.com/6bRRY3MP

Red had been busy standing about the Main Building...keeping an eye on the partial defunked Gieger-Inspired Computer thing...

And being cold. That too.
>>
>>44959670
"So any ideas right now?"
Czar asked while looking around at the group.
http://pastebin.com/2nUgPkBq
>>
File: FUCK YEAH ROBOTS.jpg (23KB, 335x363px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YEAH ROBOTS.jpg
23KB, 335x363px
>>44959670

"How long is this taking again? We've not punched anything in quite some time."

>http://pastebin.com/rek0Gj9Z

>Was here last time
>All I remember was I planted a bomb, soht a door open, then turned on some lights
>Something about footsteps too
>>
>>44959958

Editi: "At the moment... None. Scans are not showing anything of remote value, and there are no major signals we should look somewhere else."

Tommy: "I have an idea!"

Editi sighs. "Is it explosives?"

>>44960018

Tommy: "Aww.. He said it first."

Editi sighs again.
>>
>>44959818
>>44959902
>>44959951
>>44959958
>>44960018
Opulence's voice buzzes through COMMS - it's a little staticky to begin with but clears up pretty quickly.

"Okay, guys. We missed our window of sunshine, so we better get back to exploring the spooky base."

"It's looking like some of you guys beat me to the punch. Prime, Red, Showtime - any reports from the base? Seems quiet from over here."

You haven't heard anything in hours, besides blowing wind and the sound of ded gaem.
>>
>>44960100
"Not really, not much bezides vhat we have already found."
>>
>>44960100
"Nothing much...just looking at this freaky machine and hoping it stays broken...." The suit eyes the small hard-drive thing sticking out of it...and then looking around, attempts to pull it out.

"Oh Tim, need to ask you two things. Can you pull everyone's sensor data to figure out where all the VP Corpses are...and then after that...well I'll ask after you figure that out."
>>
>>44960078
"I'm stunned to hear what you think can be approved out here by explosives..."

"...then again, it is the approved Armor Corps method of handling problems. Proceed if you feel the need, but don't kill any of your teammates on the ground, please."

>>44960140
"Maybe there's nothing to find out here? I want to know as much as I can before we go to China."
>>
>>44960243
"...Was zere an underground portion to zis base at all? A basement? Maybe another level or barracks?"
>>
>>44960100

Drache was still in the centre of the courtyard, lightly playing around with another bomb.

"We attacking the main building yet? There should still be something in there, and I don't want to stick around for when we figure out what that vibration is, at least if it gets the drop on us anyway."

>>44960221
"I can send my drone in with you, she's got a good set of eyes on it too. And a rocket launcher."
>>
>>44960325
"You would think all the tremosensors used earlier would have found an underground portion..."
>>
>>44960243
>>44960078
"Well, I guess that's something."
Czar said with a shrug
>>44960392
"Maybe they have shielding for that sort of stuff? But then again how would you even make that sort of shielding."
Czar said while sitting down, checking to see if BIS had detected anything.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44960100

>I still remember I left my scav and scout drones down at the base.

>>44960243

Editi is stunned for a moment. "B-but I wasn't suggesting-!"

Tommy: "Tut tut Editi. Thinking of explosives at a time like this. Tut tut."

Editi: "But you-!"

Tommy: "Tut tut."

>>44960221

Editi: Bu-..... Right... Well do Red."

>Taking 10 to pool collected data on base to locate VP corpses, points of interest, and base wall markings.

+/- 20 tech

>Sending scouts to patrol the base interior. Also sending scavs to look at and test if they can take down the scary monument in the main building.
>>
>>44960392
>>44960443
"If I were a zlight bit ztuidper, I vould suggest pointing all artillery downward...But, inztead, look around for hatches, maybe starcases."
>>
File: frostypaint2.png (22KB, 916x513px) Image search: [Google]
frostypaint2.png
22KB, 916x513px
>>44960459
[TT: 2 - essential pass]

Opulence perks up.

"Hey, Tommy, keep Editi in check. No bombardments today, not unless we need them."

Drones and scans give you all the information you need, which you helpfully assemble into an updated map for your cohorts. How kind of you!

The drones don't find anything moving, at least not thanks to the wind. The darkness would impede vision on certain things but your drones appear to have no issue.

>>44960221
You snatch up the slightly frosty drive.

It's been sitting here a while... but it's definitely AC equipment. It's not likely going to break anytime soon, even in these conditions.
>>
>>44960704
"Alright...thanks Tommy. Showtime, check your building, seems there is a body in there with you. Check there hands...and check for signs of whatever killed them."

He looked the drive over. Odd that an AC Drive would be in a VP Machine...or at the very least, it was strange that it was still here. He opened a private channel to the Prime...Then contacted the Dropship.

"Opulence...got this AC Flashdrive sticking out of a...VP Computer here. Computer pretty thoroughly trashed, but the drive looks intact." He stores the drive...and looks about the building. "Is it standard procedure to leave kit like that behind?"
>>
>>44960868
>>44960704

The Dove flies out of Maureen's hand, her checkup done, and her actual work starting up again. She looked around for the body, feet crunching on the layer of frost.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44960704

Drache's drone disengages from Dragonfly's main body & moves for the north eastern VP corpse. Then gives it a quick search over for... something; hints, weapons, convenient identification cards.

>Drone currently has improved repaired kits from muh suit
>Trying to find something from a body, cutting it up and storing it's materials otherwise.
>10pt bonus to tech
>>
File: skel_3223321b[1].jpg (82KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
skel_3223321b[1].jpg
82KB, 620x388px
Rolled 100, 77, 99, 60 = 336 (4d100)

>>44960704

There is muffled screaming in CP's radio channel as Tommy responds. "Got it boss." As the radio fizzes out the screaming intensives.

>>44960868

CP did a cycle around the base before changing course and landing in the Base's courtyard. The three bodies in the yard where interesting. Even more when there are markings in the empty building.

Grabbing the three bodies there where taken inside of CP, where Editi would dissect and examine them. Hoping for a cyber brain to pick apart for info (with a sandbox system of course.)

A scav drone would move to the command room for the body there.

As Editi starts she starts to hum. While Tommy focused on the scout drones. "Eww. Biology."

>rolling tech for the 4 bodies.
>>
>>44961011
The body at your feet seems... well, dead. That's a good start.

A closer analysis of the body gives some indicators of battle. Various wounds and scarring on both the flesh and suit would suggest that the person at your feet was killed by some kind of ballistic round. It appeared there was some kind of combat involved. The dove takes a closer look, but nothing seems out of the ordinary with the body.

The hands (despite being layered with thick ice) most recently touched what you would imagine to be some kind of energy weapon, indicated by some burns on the suit when said weapon was potentially damaged. The suit has a variety of modules, but they're all offline.

You're 100% certain this guy is not going to be rising from the dead.

The GM instills a bizarre certification of this idea, even if you can't name it directly.

>>44961019
[Autopass]

The drones investigate and take off the less damaged parts of the suit, exposing more of the human left behind. Your investigations turn up some details - this pilot was likely killed by energy weapons, as indicated by flash burns on the person's chest and back. Their head (after the headpiece is removed) shows signs of blunt trauma. They were likely thrown against a wall or suffered damage from a concussive blast.

Hands most recently touched a firearm, best you can surmise. A scavenged rifle nearby the body would likely confirm this.

>>44961036
[V EASY TECH - HA HA HA FUCKING SERIOUSLY

2 PASS 1 CRIT FAIL, 1 PERFECT CRIT FAIL]

The drones begin to fly down, easily reviewing the information your squadmates are sending. Easy enough. You begin to-

There is a dull pop, as you realize that one of your drones just shit the bed. Goddam-

Another drone. And another. Even the ones in your carrier are going offline.

Oh god. Could it be... could it be someone preparing to make an attack?
>>
File: frostypaint3.png (24KB, 992x513px) Image search: [Google]
frostypaint3.png
24KB, 992x513px
>>44961271
>>44961036
Your HUD throws up some information.

"Critical Malfunction: Temperature"

Oh.

It's the fucking cold.

You look at where your drone crashed down to. The scav drone crashed... a little behind the barracks.

Huh.

Maybe you could send one of your buddies to grab it?

Looks like it's JUST past the wall of the outpost. You'll need to go out the base to grab the damn thing.
>>
>>44961271
Even though Maureen was somehow 100% absolutely SURE that corpse wasn't going to be animate and moving around, she still brought out one of her plasma cards, bringing it down onto the frozen corpse's...Skull, if it can even be called it at that point.

She turned away from whatever might spray out at her, though considering the corpse is frozen solid, it might not be anything.
>>
http://pastebin.com/EJHa0MrP

"Mountain bases, gotta admit that that's a new one for me...."

A lone medium was currently flying at full speed towards the source or the call he had recived from Opulence, he didn't know much, just a location and that help was needed or something. Still, it had been a slow week so Edin had jumped at the chance of being able to do something.

Flicking on the radio he landed beside the dropship and radioed the team.

"Hey, anyone there? Yo it's me Edin, I got the call and I'm here to help."
>>
>>44961426
Opulence responds.

"Hello, hello. We're hanging out here - the rest of the team is investigating the base. It's a little up ahead - they seem like they have everything handled out there."
>>
Rolled 1, 10, 7, 9, 2, 1, 5, 1 = 36 (8d10)

>>44961271
>>44961328

Editi: "Tommy why are the drones crashing?"

Tommy: Makes a guttural sound that sounds like "I don't know." "I think Temp regulators failed. Well we better go collect them. Scrap isn't cheap."

>THIS TIME taking ten on collecting the drones. (4 actions?) and then since I DID land collect the bodies and try to dissect them (4 more?)

Tommy: "Also I have the feeling we forgot about something...."
>>
>>44961271
<"So... they punched him in the head, then shot him? that's a little stra-">

A bang was heard a few meters away.

"Something attacking us, at last?"

And another.

The drone pulled out its missile launcher and, cautiously started to sneak over to the source.

"I swear to fucking god, if that was someone's shitty drone again, I'm breaking it. Else this is going to end up like The Thing."
>>
>>44961485
"Ah, alright, anything I should know about? No Yeti or spooky creatures of the snow out there at all?" Edin asks, completely seriously, "I'm not jking by the way, considering the stuff we've seen during this war that would be fairly mundane."
>>
>>44961536
"...please don't talk about that movie...I forgot to bring a flamethrower. Opulence, did you get that last message? Still waiting about with this fancy flash-drive..."
>>
>>44961489
>>44961485

"Yeah. Me." comes a grumble from the Fortress' cargo hold.

Tech wasn't his thing. Actually, Falcon's suit was basically useless for anything that didn't require shooting things. So, he had taken shelter inside the Carrier.

"So, find anything useful yet, Robotboy?"

The mountain's frozen winds pierced even a suit's Environmental Controls. That wasn't a natural cold, no way.

He didn't tell anyone, but Falcon was very glad he got to be anywhere that wasn't out there, in the cold darkness.

Fuck that noise.

http://pastebin.com/jFWDbpwm
[Sliiiightly outdated build, but oh well]
>>
>>44961536
>>44961642

Editi: "The Thing?"

Tommy: "Movie about Alien virus hivemind thing that took over the hosts body and warped the flesh at will. Hated fire."

Editi: "Hummm... Movies come up with the best ideas sometimes..."
>>
>>44961689

Tommy: "Only how you drank ALL the coco rations!"

Editi: "We are still searching White."
>>
>>44961642
>>44961697

"I've got two Super Grand Slams left, I intend to leave here with zero now. We all understand?"

"Because 33 plus tons of bomb should remove any worry of that, along with whatever happened here."
>>
>>44961271
>>44961328
>>44961642
"I can probably check what's on that drive, I've got nothing better to do."
Czar said with a shrug.
>>
>>44961768
"....*Angry Grumbles*..."

>>44961777
"I'm gonna wait for Tommy if that's ok...or Opulence to FUCKING RESPOND."
>>
>>44961489
The GM reviews some stuff, and the world rearranges itself and pulls backward and forward, changing in all manner of ways across an infinite span of space and time.

The final outcome is the GM apologizing, in a weird cosmically infinite way, for his error. You notice none of this, but you get to pass your checks because of it. Yay, meta!

[TECH - PASS BY COSMIC PROBABILITY]
Attempts to collect scrap from the bodies are successful, and your analysis shows something similar to other reports - generic combat damage.

You land to collect the drone... setting down near it on a patch of white nearby some of the trees. There that piece of shit is.

As you set down, however, something seems wrong.

The snow is too bumpy right here...

You quickly jump up and hover, never too careful.

There's something off about this patch of land. It might be... perhaps a hidden entrance? Would explain the tremors. A minefield? Generally common around outposts. Whatever it is, it's not just snow... snow seems to have simply covered it over the months that the place has been left abandoned.

>>44961536
A rocket launcher seems applicable but you feel a flamethrower would be most apt, if The Thing is the potential horror scenario involved.

>>44961582
"It's a base in the middle of Russia at nighttime, there's a bunch of strange stuff, the team tasked with cleaning up didn't do their job, and they all died later down the line."

"I'd say fairly standard, all things considered."

>>44961642
"I remember the drive from before. It's wasn't connected to equipment, but I remember it being mentioned. Drives like that are AC kit. Uncommon, but not too special. Usually we use them to leave data - stuff like reports and intelligence. They can be repurposed for other things, though. Audio and video logs are fairly common. We know some that have applications on them."
>>
>>44961689
You can tell something is off about the ground as well, but sitting in the cargo hold, you can only tell by the stop/start of the landing.

>>44961768
Opulence speaks up.

"Editi? Did you recommend this?"

"Not until we're done. Then you can blow it."

>>44961821
Opulence seems confused.

"Whoa, jesus, guy. Calm down, son. Calm down. You crazy."
>>
>>44961901
>>44961950
"Right...thanks." He takes a second to look over the hard drive.

"Oi Czar/Bas, if I go crazy...well do what you do best."

And with that, he plugged the drive in. "Lets see if there is anything to see."
>>
>>44961950
>>44962057
"I'll do what I have to do if that happens I guess."
Czar said with a shrug and a sigh.
>>
>>44961950

"And we've both got very different views on what's 'done' there's a reason I invented the Loudener you know."

Dragonfly starts moving some snow out of the way, attempting to cover up another Charged heavy bomb with a little flag and a 'Salt wuz ere'.

"Oh, speaking of The Thing, no-one here go crazy. Or you'll see an MP at their best."

>Planting bomb, whoot
>>
>>44961901
Maureen pauses, looking at the damaged brain of the corpse...And then something dawns on her, the realization that she was being so, so fucking stupid. This one's brain might now be able to be..saved, but..

"Puppets have ze cyberbrain, no?"
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>44961901
"Previous team died............." The medium stared into the distance for a while as old horrror films flashed through his mind, "Yeah, sure, pretty normal I guess."

With a shrug he walked away from the dropship and headed for the base, watching the mountainside with suspicion as he went. He knew how this shit went down and didn't plan on dying out here.

>Hawkeye, no bonus
>>
>>44962122
"Maybe. Its a gamble, but a possible goldmine if its there."
>>
>>44961821

Tommy: "Huhwuah?"

>>44961901
>>44961950

Tommy: "Hey guys? Seems like we got something strange here... Come check it out!"

Editi lets out a mild scream of annoyance, but collects herself. "Anyway... We'll investigate while we wait for backup."

>using other scav drone to grab drone and return it to CP for repairs while CP grabs a long metal pole to brush off snow off what is under the snow.

Tommy: "Odd place for mines this close to the base though..."

>>44962057

Tommy: "Red plugging random shit into himself? I thought he was supposed to be the voice of reason?"

Editi: "Wait what? That was a odd moment of wisdom Tommy."

Tommy: "Wut?"

>>44962122

Editi: "I am attempting to see if they have them myself. I am cutting into some as we speak."

>collecting drone with drone.
>Poking bumps with a stick.
>Rolling two techs (one being REALLY low tech)
>>
>>44962156
"How many corpses are zere?"
>>
>>44962224
"Five...three Tommy already has, the other is in the Operations building."
>>
>>44961489
A more detailed report comes from your drones (now cosmically unfucked) as they begin to pick apart the bodies.

No cyberbrains. No unique nanites. Standard grunts, it appeared. No anomalies in the bodies, outside of combat trauma sustained during the battle. Digging further in the suits, there are no indicators that the suits were rigged with explosives, nor given special equipment. These really are, well, grunts. Standard foot soldiers. Very common for an outpost like this, especially in the middle of nowhere.

>>44962106
Your second charge goes down in the middle of the courtyard, amongst the picking of Tim's drones.

The one at the gate stands ready, as well.

>>44962057
You peruse the contents of the drive.

There's an audio log, and some additional log data. A check of the log data shows the report from the guy in charge of the raid those months back. He was a respected leader, seems normal he would include a report. Audio log though, that's new.
>>
>>44962239
"Vell, cross one out, I may have zhattered it's zkull"
>>
>>44962242
"Burns, share the Log Data with Tim...and play the Audio for everyone."

<Understood Sir>

>Play dat Audio
>>
>Standing by for sneeki breeki.
http://pastebin.com/hp60J79K
>>
>>44962267
"And the other three seem to have nothing, leaving the Operations Corpse."
>>
"Alright, Mammoth's back baby! Yippe-ki-yay motherfuckers" Micheal calls out on the radio as the massive tank trudges up into the Courtyard again, taking careful note of where Salt placed another bomb before parking and reactivating Siege Mode "So, sorry I was gone, had to take care of a few things on the ship. What's happened?"

>http://pastebin.com/0f4wmBXN
>Siege Mode in Courtyard
>Command Center back in action
>>
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d10)

>>44962242
>>44962291

Editi: "Humm. How droll... Everyone. It seems the bodies I have found seem normal. Nothing outstanding in the courtyard. waiting on log data to be important however."

Tommy: "I'm going to continue to poke what MIGHT be a minefield with a stick!"

Editi sighs.

>continuing to uncover what might be in the snow.
>dur 7+ 3 plas shields and +1 turtle drone= 11 dur
>Taking 10 tech for the stick and a scav drone?
>>
>>44962416

"Corpses, cold, darkness, and Red sticking a weird flash drive thing on his suit."

<Pretty normal day, all things considered.>
>>
>>44962133
[Autopass]

It's pitch black. Even with lights and other doodads, there's little to see but rocks, trees, and snow.

>>44962213
You get the drone back from the scavengers... and poke at the bumps. The snow layer has been here for months, so you actually need to crack through some ice to get down to the anomaly. You keep smashing and digging with the stick, before finally hitting something.

It's frozen solid, but it's not a structure - it's bumpy. You dig around your hole with the same stick, brushing off layers of snow to uncover a little more. It's very, very dark, so you throw on your lights and various other vision enhancers to get a better look.

Finally, you uncover it.

Oh.
Oh.

That's

That's a human body.

You dig a little bit more.

It's not the only one here.

The horror movie allusions prior start to take hold.
>>
>>44962291
The audio log comes to life, and a very thick Russian voice speaks in its native tongue. You assume that it will translate to other suits with various AI enhancements.

"I have witnessed a lot during my time. I am by no means the best, but I do what I do because I believe I am doing the right thing.

To investigators, I am sorry that I will be unable to complete my mission. I will have lied by the time this is found, and I apologize for my insubordination. However, you will understand when you find our discoveries why we have all made the decision never to return. Some things must stay buried... and this must stay with this base, where it can die in peace.

"When you find what has happened here, and hopefully have the stomach to finish what we could not, please find me. I am happy to be punished if it is asked of me, as I have failed. However, I must recount to someone much higher up what has happened here.

"The others... they cannot stand it. I can see it taking a hold on them. I takes a hold on me. When you find this tape, find me. I cannot speak of the evils of this place, but I will tell you how I fought them. Hopefully by then... I will have found peace within myself. Until then, pray for them."

The audio log cuts out.

Opulence is the first to speak.

"...FUCK. That means that our guy was the commander... who died. Why couldn't he just explain it in the log? Why couldn't he just give us the easy answer? God I hope there isn't any more bad news."
>>
>>44962493
>>44962521

Falcon was shivering.

It wasn't because of the cold.

"...great. Fan-FUCKING-tastic, we're in bloody Dead Space 3 now." his voice trailed on, dying into a low, humorless laugh.

"So when are we getting out of here, guys?"
>>
>>44962521
"...Great, more cryptic BS. Did those data logs have anything at all, or are we still at literal square one still?"
>>
>>44962521

"This is why no-one listens to these fucking things, they never tell you anything. Who makes a convenient little note about them being 'close to death' then whine for 5 minutes about nothing in particular. At least say what happened, prick."
>>
>>44962609
"Vell, to be fair, ze corpses ztay dead. Quite dead, actually. I am impressed by how dead they are."
>>
>>44962634

"Dude, we've seen some shit since the world ended. I wouldn't be surprised if they DID come back, I just REALLY FUCKING HOPE they don't."
>>
>>44962634
"Bullshit thry do. Ever been to Perth? Durazno? The dead dont cant catch a break snymore."
>>
>>44962493
The lack of activity didn't comfort the pilot, if anything it put him even more on edge.The only comfort he took was that he had reached the base.

Walking into the courtyard he passed Mike setting up in seige mode, Edin give the fort a pat on the treads as he walked past heading straight for the entrance of the base.

"Hey, I'm here now lads, what's going on?"
>>
>>44962634
"Well, that sounds like a good reason to destroy it all, we leaving or what? This standing around isn't doing shit."
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44962493
>>44962521

Tommy: "Well I moved from being bored to interested."

Editi: "Humm...... Maybe the body itself has clues, it would explain his comment about having us find him and how he kept talking about this place going to be his tomb."

Tommy: "I agree Editi. Although I bet it's really because you like dissecting these bodies."

Editi: "Not that is not true, they are too normal to gain any new data."

>Digging into the snow to see the rest of the bodies. Using scav drones and the engineering kit to make actual tools for this like snow blowers and blow torches for the ice.

>Taking ten if needed.

Tommy: "But seriously though. Can someone find his body and get it to us?"
>>
>>44962693
"I was at Duranzo. And I'm fully expecting shit to happen here. However, I'm not about to panic and blow everything up till I know everything we NEED to. Also, allo Bunyip."

>>44962694
"And Allo Edin."
>>
>>44962689
"I personally smashed ze brain on one, and ve have an artillery platform here. Zome living corpses will not be a problem if they do rise."
>>
>>44962780
"Agreed, so lets keep looking...has to be something here."
>>
>>44962771
"Redneck? That you?" Edin cheers up at the sound of a familiar voice, "Any idea what the fuck is happening?"
>>
>>44962771
"Sup mate? Care for some Ice Cream?"

>>44962780
"You say that now, but in my experience, the cunts like to swarm. Micheal ran away from Durazno too, sweet stuff."

>>44962521
Parking myself on the roof and commencing overwatch.
>>
>>44962800
"I vould recommend trying to find an underground.."
>>
>>44962816
"Spooky Snow Base shit. Pick a spot in the courtyard and keep an eye open."

>>44962848
"No. Too freaking cold. Also, Fuck you."
>>
>>44962848
"Who arrived now? I've lost count of who's disappeared and appeared at this stage."

>>44962871
"If that's open to everyone, I'd start digging through the snow if I were you."
>>
room for a latecomer?
>>
>>44962616
You decide to look through the mission report.

Thankfully, this guy WAS a good command figure.

The report here is very detailed. It gives a basic after action report of the engagement and the taking of the outpost, followed by protocol destruction of the equipment in the main building.

There is information about discovered prisoners, referred to only as "non-combatants". The report details the team finding these non-combatants... and summarily executing them. All of them. The report is emotionless, it reads as details in numbers, but the end of the report simply states

"Bodies of executed non-combatants buried nearby in snow. Various anomalies left for later cleanup."

The amount of non-combatants listed are 62.

There are no reports of survivors.

>>44962634
Yep, they're dead.

>>44962732
You dig further through the ice, and the results are only more and more tragic.

You eventually find about all of the bodies. They must have been buried in a mass grave like this... they are all completely frozen. Luckily or unfortunately (you can't really tell), there is a fair amount of preserved tissue on these guys.

Jesus... you prepare yourself to report the 57 dead bodies buried here. Those poor bastards...

You can probably get some information off the bodies, though.
>>
>>44962957
Always. Just fluff yourself in.
>>
>>44962848
One of her doves took it's perch beside bunyip, acting as a small, nimble little spotter for the Aussie.. It's beak opened, and it spoke with Maureen's voice, the woman can multitask, that's for sure....
"Have zis, both a two way radio and aih spotter.. Good, no?"

>>44962993
The Real Maureen was looking around the Barracks, searching for a hatch, something that goes under, anything.
>>
>>44962993
"....Oh. Ok. That's....a lot of dead people. And you don't execute Non-Combatants...Prisoners no less. Opulence please tell me I'm right about that?"

"Tommy...I think your near where they left the bodies. Body count is 62. Be careful..."

There had to have been something wrong with the Prisoners for them just to kill them all. VP testing something maybe? Probably.
>>
>>44962993

Editi: "TA non-combatants? I haven't had new samples in quite some time..."

Tommy: "Man it's times like this I thank myself for coming up with the idea for bring lunchboxes for samples with pre-made labels. I hate when they find their way into the fridge without a label..."

>Checking the bodies.
>Don't think I don't notice 5 are missing though.
>.......
>Or are they?
>5 bodies in the base.
>HUMMMMMMM.

>>44963089

Editi: "Red. We have found 57 bodies off the base. proceeding to dissect them for data and samples now. We are missing 5."

Tommy pokes a dissected body in the bay. "Or are we?"
>>
>>44963124
"Missing 5. Understood."

Flips the COMMS over to broadcast to everyone. "Alright, we have apossible 5 wandering corpses. Keep your eye's open and guns loaded. Stay insight of at least one other person, buddy up if your not. Lets play this safe."
>>
Affiliation: TE Hacker
+/- 10 Tech Bonus for hacks and scans
+/- Com and Dex Pnealty

TE Engineer Support Suit “Sarah”
Size: Light
>Abilities
Celerity
Overload
Crossfire
>Features
Adhesion – [FREE – drider]
Tremorsense – [FREE - Drider]
Spinner - [FREE - Drider]
Natural Weapons - [10]
Gills [5]
Tentacles [10]
Fins [15]
Burrower [10]
Levitation [10]
>Body Type(s) – Point Cost:
Drider [10]
>AI:
Agent AI: [10]
>HUD:
Radio [0]
Advanced Suit Status [5]
Floodlights [5]
Hawkeye [5]
Thermal Vision [10]
Radar [10]
Comms Buoy [10]
>COMMS
Terminal [10]
Spider [5]
Spyware [5]
Worm Platform [10]
Defense Maze [10]
>Weapons
Hardlight Projector [10]
Plasma Blade [15]
>Upgrades
Grappling Hook [5]
Grappling Hooks [5]
Capacitator I&II [20]
Collapsible I [5]
Collapsible II [5]
Kinetic Stablizers [10]
Camoflauge [10]
Lockpick Countermeasures [10]
Hardlight Projector [10]
Multi-Sensor [10]
Technician [10]
Engineering Kit [10]
Improved Kit [10]
Repair Kit [10]
>Defenses
Plasma Shield [15]
Plasma Shield [15]
Point Barrier [-]
EMP Shield [10]
EMP Shield [10]
Tesla Collider [-]
>Drones
>Nanites

Special Rewards:
Magnetic Force Emitter
Deflector Field

STATS:
[DEX] [6] (+2 Drider)
[DUR] [2]
[POW] [8] (+6 Capacitor I & II)
[REC] [4]
[SPD] [4]
[STR] [1] (-1 Drider)

---

"I'M AWAKE! oh-"

The interjection on the radio comes from a robot within the hull of a Drider bot, the lower half an arachnid, the upper half humanoid.

Takeda, a young man accidentally digitized into a robot, and TE engineer, awakens from one of his usual slumber sessions. Usually a glitch, more often than not having to be somewhere else on the network.

"What has been happening?"
>>
>>44962993

"No-one's mentioning the fact that there's also five VPs out here? They could have easily hidden their suits here or have been sleeper agents hiding and waiting for... something."

"My drone's findings also indicated Blunt Force trauma before our 5 corpses were shot, which could go along with some... 'creative' treatment of prisoners. Not the mention the shots in the back too..."

Drache looks around, particularly at one of the corpses.

"They should have photos of the NCs, right?"
>>
>>44962871
"Not me type luv. Thanks fer the offer though. Ill keep it in mind."

>>44962902
"Just everyones favourite fugitive."

>>44963074
"Cheers luv, means i got five. Anything gets in your grill, lead em outside an ill let em down gently." He pats the casing of his Cross affectionately.
>>
>>44963192
Note: I believe I was, and am still, resting within the hull of Michael's fortress mech
>>
>>44963216
"I thought we were all doing that, I'm pretty sure I was canned after Tai Pei, I've not called bakc anyway."
>>
>>44962993
Edin continues into the base, plasma blade drawn just in case anything happens.

"So how far into the base you guys been so far anyhow?"
>>
>>44963216
The dove made a crooning sound, and a hardlight copy of Maureen forms around it, something to give the illusion of bolstered numbers.

"Ze cross? Was never a good zhot myzelf."
>>
>>44963074
No hatch in the barracks. Just beds and some scattered bits.

>>44963089
"Je-sus... yeah... I'm looking over the log now. We don't even HAVE a reason to execute non-combatants. No only is it very bad, but there's no reason for it. Non-combatants don't have suits - why would they be a threat?"

>>44963124
There is a way to tell the difference between suited individuals and non-suited ones.

The dissected body has nanites in its blood. You would wager that the bodies down here do not... or do they?

Despite the possibly inflammatory nature of dissecting and desecrating assumed non-combatants...

You pick up one of them.

Looks like a bad time... this one is a young man. Body analysis would indicate execution-style gunshot to the head. The chest has been ruptured with what you can only assume to either be a knife or other sharp object - there are frozen strips of ragged flesh, pulled open.

Someone reached INSIDE this guy? Looks like the chest wounds are postmortem.

You pick up a different body, a young woman. The body mirrors the others. There are a variety of bodies with other damage, but it looks like ripping damage from dragging.

They are all dressed identically - thin jumpsuits. The jumpsuits themselves look dirty and damaged, especially around the sleeves and ankle areas. There is blood stained on most jumpsuits in these areas, but no signs of any wounds...
>>
>>44963247
"Yes, but i was telling Command to fuck themselves and running away before it was cool. Now all the kids are doing it. Ungrateful little cunts."

"Well, let's just say i am a very, very good shot. Especially from far away." He glances at the hologram. "Have ya put on weight?"

>>44963323
Rolling scans. Multi sensor and hyper sweep. No modifiers.
>>
>>44963205
Reports are text only, generally.

>>44963124
You pick into one of the prisoner's heads... no cyberbrain, nothing unusual aside from the large round that was apparently shot through it.
>>
>>44963372
"Well, you know how it is. Whenever I fuck your mum, she made me a sandwich."
>>
>>44963372
Lemme try again.
>>
>>44963496
Odd. I know im doing it right.
>>
>>44963323
Edin continues to search the base for anything really, spooky places like this always have a secret or two hiding around somewhere.

"Alright, have you guys checked this place out properly yet or what?"
>>
>>44963372
Both the hologram and the real Maureen looked down at themselves, something that could probably be seen from Bunyip's perch. Until finally, the hologram gave a wide grin.
"You ztill have zat...Nature since we last met"
>>
>>44963550
"I can always just dig around"
>>
>>44963323

Editi humms as she works. Her job not yet done.

Tommy checks the data and the surroundings.... Something isn't right... TA bodies are missing.....
>>
>>44963398
"You must love this place then mate. Necro's paridise. Shall i leave you and your cold girlfriemds alone?"

"Well, you know. Some things change but growing up is optional. Fuck that. You figure out that one trick you were working on yet?" As ever, Bruce's true emotions are hidden behind the impassive visor of his helmet.

"You lot do your thing. Ill make sure no cunts sneak up on us."

>my tablet does not seem to work with rolls today.
>>
>>44963323
"Riiight. And it would explain why the the commander suddenly decided to skimp on the details. I don't think he wanted too."
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>doing rolls for Bunyip
>>
>>44963372
>>44963496
>>44963548
You fiddle incessantly with the various scanning devices in your suit.

You get a basic scan out. Seems deserted, as always.

>>44963550
As far as you know, all the side structures were thoroughly searched. The main structure was searched as far as the destroyed 'equipment' centerpiece.

>>44963323
Tim's further investigation shows that the ragged tears were indeed due to fiddling, but the chest, upon further inspection, seems... deflated. As though something was removed.

On top of that, you notice that the non-combatants all appear to be... somewhat frail. There is a fair amount of muscle atrophy and the bodies seem thin and gaunt - perhaps they were not fed enough? They managed to stay alive long enough...

You can focus on anything you deem especially important, but that seems like a full analysis.
>>
>>44963684
Second paragraph is aimed at Zulu. This tablet is doing my head in. One last try for rolls.
>>
>>44963684

"Well, if you wanted to change the topic to corpses, I think you're exactly the one for staying and doing scans. Being here just reminds me of why I use voice only."

>>44963689
"Doesn't using text only and not mentioning features fly in the face of keeping a registry? It's not what I'd expect from the usual do nothing AC bureaucrats.
>>
>>44963711
>The main structure was searched as far as the destroyed 'equipment' centerpiece.
Takeda goes out of Michael and steps forward, deciding to go much further than the destroyed equipment and look as deep into the main structure as possible.
>>
>>44963684
The maskless hologram raised an eyebrow. "New trick? Iah have lots of new tricks I'm working on, you vill have to be a little more specific."

>>44963711
The real Maureen was sifting around the grounds, still looking for any sign of a hatch, or staircase.
>>
>>44963711
Edin continues past the destroyed equipment, deeper into the base.

>>44963854
"Alright Tak, I got your back, mind and keep an eye out down here, got a bad feeling about this place."
>>
>>44963889
"I don't sense anything, Padawan" replies Takeda, smirking internally but seemingly confident that nothing bad would happen
>>
>>44963748
Thats exactly the plan. I got a good field of view from here." Bruce makes sure to stare right at Showtime's hologram as he says it, grinning inside his helmet with a classic trollface.

>>44963705
You are the hero dedgaem needs.

>>44963864
"The one where you do something with fire that singed my eyebrows off last time." Bruce turns his gaze back to the snow and corpses around him.

>Wherever i am, whatever i do, i must also scan.
>>
>>44963711
Marches back and forth in the Main Building, thinking.

"Tommy what do you think?"

He was honestly drawing a blank here. He kept looking over the files, but given what he saw, he doubted he would find anything new.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44963711
Among CP's allies, data was always shared. If they opened their comm network they would be receiving constant one-way info from CP. The data was alarming, but what was removed? Where all the organs there? Was there a displacement of present organs to indicate a implant that was removed? There where so many questions that need answering.

The info about weakness did not surprise Editi OR Tommy. TA loved to keep their staff lean, but the muscle weakness was notable though. But maybe there was data gain-able from the flesh. Where the deaths recent? Did they take place in the cold? Or where the killed inside and dumped in the cold? Where there signs of hidden doors or underground vaults? Too many questions to gleam from a short time under the knife.

Hummm..... Maybe a termorsense in this area was needed? Maybe against the flat stone instead of the snow.....

>digging to the ground and termorsenseing.
>Taking 10.
>>
>>44963981
"Ah, zat one. I've been having a bit of fun with zat, can actually use it in combat to disable limbs."
The hologram...Was grinning, still. Not a wide, unsettling one, but she took a joy in this newfound use of her cards.
>>
>>44963854
>>44963864
>>44964016
Moving past the destroyed centerpiece, a further walk into the building comes to rows and rows on consoles, all of which appear burned. Normally, this isn't much of an issue, however it does appear as though there is something else here - something that was not destroyed.

There are canisters, stacked in rows, that seem to be fairly simple in construction. Sludgetech, for sure, but simpler Sludgetech. The canisters all glow with a red tint around digital text, reading "armed". They look like beacons, honestly.

There's another unburned console, marked with identification spray. The X on the console marks something important about it, likely something further you'll have to investigate... unless...

You cross reference the report that Red found.

Nope, sure enough, there's indications of VP reports on the unburned and marked console, detailing a failed experiment carried out here. The nature of the experiment isn't mentioned, but it does indicate that the console is safe and the experiment was a failure. The report alludes to the canisters being a type of "evidence". They're armed, for sure, but they don't seem explosive. A beacon might awaken SOMETHING... but is that such a bad thing in the middle of a deserted ice base in a frozen nothing land?

The prospect of excitement almost outweights the rational angle.
>>
>>44964218
"...Totally need a Marker reference now of all times." And that's when the Shotgun came back out.

"I get the feeling that these things aren't friendly. Takeda...work your magic, don't get us killed and/or unleash the horde please. I'll watch your back."
>>
>>44964034
Tremorsense, again reveals nothing.

However, it's important to note that your tremorsense would likely identify underground areas. If something was underground, it would likely register. Furthermore, tremor registry earlier seemed to break constraints of the equipment. The base IS deserted, so... mission complete?

You would likely just need the data from the experiment described in the main base. Opulence merely wanted equipment information, that's priority one. Seems easy enough to get the data, blow the place, and go home. Easy peasy.
>>
>>44964218

Dragonfly walks up to the main building's entrance, and hangs around that point, waiting for... something.

That, and carefully placing a bomb right by it.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44964218
"Don't worry guys. I'll figure this out.

Trust me, I'm an engineer."

MULTI-SENSOR SCAN!

Worm Platform tendrils emit from the drider and plug into the unburnt console, simultaneously several different scanning apperati including radio waves, sonic frequencies from sonar, and just generally peering at the stuff up close while touching the glass happens, as a mix of scientific interest and plain ol' curiousity has Takeda scan the hell out of whatever these things are.

>Using Multi-Sensor for
>Advanced Suit Status
>Radio
>Floodlights
>Hawkeye
>Thermal Vision
>Radar

Also hacking into the consol.

Bonus:
+/- 10 Hacker Bonus
+/- 5 Technician Bonus
Worm Platform - Extended Hack/Scan Range
>>
>>44964218
"Alright, Tak, get working on that console." Edin nods at the terminal with the X marked on it, "And no one touch the beacons, for the love of god."

With that Edin began to search the room for anything of interest, thanking the powers that be for nightvision."
>>
>>44964218
>>44964300
"So what're we doing?"
Czar said, still sitting down.
>>
>>44964391
>Me by the way
>>
>>44964218
>Also, looking to figure out how many Canisters there are
>>
>>44964218

Drache stops, deep in thought.

"This is clearly off, there's no other way of looking at it, if this DOES happen to be a beacon, either we destroy it, or we tell command and get this analysed."

Drache sighs, then continues.

"And we can't argue against that from my usual 'Wanting a fight' angle, since there's a very real chance that they wanted this under wraps, which could force them to move, or they could send something big, and dangerous, and wasteful that they've got plenty more of."

"I'd like to know what the rest of you say, but I can, and will detonate my bombs if I can't see a reason to not do so."

He, and his suit, look up.

"Well? What do the rest of you think?"
>>
>>44964300

Editi humms again. This time out of interest. "Everyone. It seems something was taken from the bodies... Anything on your end?"

Tommy: "As much fun as it is watching Editi being scalpel deep in dead TA humans. this is getting rather boring quickly again."
>>
>>44964188
"Next up, make the damn aliens disappear. That'd really impress me." He reaches up with his non shooty hand to pat holographic rump. "All quiet out here. Anything interesting going on inside?"
>>
>>44964571
The hologram nodded, a...Well, the grin was gone now, that's for sure. "We found zeveral canisters, reading 'armed'. And zomething that looks like a beacon."
>>
>>44964561
"Drache, I'm not gonna let these things activate so long as I'm in here. I'm more liable to shoot them if they so much as glow funny." He took a look at them again...

"I'm agreeing with calling in Command and telling them to bring a team of specialists to look this stuff over. Carefully. But I want to be sure we have everything we can get."
>>
>>44964561
"I say we stick to TE protocol when it comes to items of increased interest.

I call in the Engineers. Then we systematically extract anything and everything for study at a proper TE base. Followed by a purge."

>>44964566
"I'm sure you would agree, wouldn't you Tim? Between you and me we should have the oomph in the Engineers to request an immediate etraction of this base."
>>
>>44964218
"Honestly lads, we should deal with that 'beacon' here and now."
>>44964649
"Yeah, and have another Outpost Hawk incident on our hands because we fucked about with someone on a base worth anything? No thank you."
>>
>>44964600
"Shit sounds unnatural to me. Might be some kind of sludge bomb. Or worse, a chemical weapon. If we just bomb it, might set off a chain reaction. The bad kind."
>>
>>44964649

Editi: "The theme of this data is off, but nothing a outpost couldn't research."

Tommy: "Doesn't seem like it has a big boom. Just hand it to interns with scanners and see if it either gets bigger or reveals something. This seems like the TA average."
>>
>>44964688
"I just want to point out that the entire team of those guys were Noobs of the lowest calibre.

A proper TE expedition team, run by a dozen Engineer suits and as many actual scientists will all the saftey precautions will do a much better job."
>>
>>44964388
[V EASY TECH - PASS]
Multi-sensors shows very, very little of interest. It's you and your teammates.

You plug into the console, getting your answers, finally.

There's no operation names, nor accounts, but there is data.

It seems to indicate that the special equipment found here, this Giger-esque shit, is fairly new in implementation. The experiment here is not the explicit purpose of the equipment, but the equipment somehow enables it.

Seems that puppets rounded up non-combatants after taking a town.

Experiments were conducted in... somehow fusing human prisoners with AO varieties. Not nanites, actually. Appears to be dilutions of lifeblood, or unique lifeblood types, similar to AO-1. Data shows that they tried bonding the prisoners to the lifeblood using the equipment, which failed.

The equipment seems to be a kind of facilitation mechanism. The one here is destroyed to far beyond repair to get a great idea for what, but it would facilitate something having to do with Vannai physiology, best you can think.

There's the data, clean and-

A thunk interrupts your though.

You look down, noticing the fired off beacon. A stinging pain in your side gives an indication that you have just been stabbed. You HUD indicates that your bloodstream has been exposed to a foreign substance. The thing that shot into you starts to beep. Oh, fuck. It's a beacon, isn't it?

Now might be an ideal time to leave.

>>44964391
>>44964449
Edin looks down, noticing a similar pain and sensation on his leg.

>>44964548
Red, very unhappily, discovers a pain in his chest.

There appears to be five.

Oh.

Great.

The three watch as two others fire off.

Showtime takes a blow to the back, with a stinging feeling. She probably has a few moments of confusion, before looking at the other three and coming to a fairly grave conclusion.

The last one fires out, but lands in a wall. Seems to be intact, aside from the broken injection tip.
>>
>>44964566
Your boredom seems justified. The bodies are... well, they're kind of useless. Outside of the cavity, information reveals execution, all within about an hour of each other, in the same manner, with no nanite traces. Wait... no nanite traces.

There is an anomaly, but you can say with certainty that it's not nanites. Poison? Narcotics?
>>
>>44964763
The hologram near buns suddenly keels over, mimicking Maureen's actual pose, working to take the injector out.
"Well...It seems I've been injected with zomething, If zis hologram fades, I would recommend you run."
>>
File: Humanoid-Robots.jpg (38KB, 728x548px) Image search: [Google]
Humanoid-Robots.jpg
38KB, 728x548px
>>44964763
>>44964806
Fool. . .I think you're forgetting something about Takeda
>>
>>44964833
Bruce grimaces under his helmet, lookijg around. "Need extraction?" He asks, his gaze sweeping around the compound in case whatever attacked the team is a diversion for the main event.

>Hyper Sweep gogogogo.
>>
>>44964763
Edin grabs the injector instantly, ripping the damn thing out, throwing on the ground and stomping on it.

"Alright, that is the fucking que to leave guys, I don't want to walk around a potentially lethal place with god knows wat in my blood."

Edin turns and hoofs it back to the courtyard at top speed.
>>
>>44964763
"FUCK!" Beyond Upset.

The Red was ANGRY!

"WHY CAN'T I JUST VISIT THE SPOOKY PLACES AND NOT GET FUCKING SPOOKED AND DRUGGED AND AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!" He takes a second to calm down.

"...Ok. We need a quartine team on us NOW, Takeda, grab that....thing in the Wall. We are leaving, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING, DON"T DO ANYTHING BUT WALK, SHOWTIME LETS GO."
>>
>>44964763
>>44964806

The others are keeping to their own. CP not getting info from them continues to investigate the bodies.

Edtii: "Everyone? I am trying to investigate the bodies as you know. I seem to have found an anomaly, but I cannot identify it. Has anyone found anything to shed more light on this?"

Tommy: "BOOOORED!"
>>
>>44964971
The hologram looked about an unseen room, face matching Bunyip's own grimace. Prizing an unseen injector out of herself.
"Zeems everyone organic here got one as vell... I don't know vhat it might be. Contagious? Maybe. For now, don't risk yourzelf"
>>
>>44964972
>>44965003

Tommy: "Wait is something happening? Something interesting?"
>>
>>44965069
"If you count some cunting beacons shooting us and injecting shit into our blood as 'interesting' then sure."

"And no, Editi is not allowed to look at it."
>>
>>44965069
"Got hit with some sort of Armor Piercing Injector...thing from one of the VP Canister/Beacons in here. I don't think it broods well."

>>44965099
"Seconded. For now."
>>
>>44964763
>>44964806
>>44964972
>>44965003
"Shouldn't we bring in those things you guys found?"
Czar asked as he started to stand up.
>>
>>44964763
Takeda notices the damage directly into his suit, the injector having shot into his cybernetic body. Had he still been living, this would have been a pain of a human calibre but instead he feels the warning lights blaring off of minor suit damage and containmation by a foreign object.

"Well crap. . .this thing tried to inject me. Guys NOBODY get near these things-"

Then he notices his other team members being injected.

"These things are sharp! That's some AP grade injectors EVERYONE stay away, I think even Michael could get hit by those."

>>44965003
>>44964972
>>44965099
"Guys, let me examine you I need to see what this stuff is doing to your bodies."
>>
>>44965099

Editi: "Well then I need to-Oh that's too bad."

>>44965136

Tommy: "Ha... I mean the Editi being shot down part. Not how you guys now have more space aids."

>>44965197

Editi spoke immediately at the AP notice from the three. "Right. I WILL NOT allow go near those containers. Tommy and I will be staying at a distance."

"Wait..... He gets to scan you but I can't? It's because of the clones isn't it?"
>>
>>44965197
"Tak, you can examine us once we're somewhere safe, for now lets get out of this place."
>>
>>44965197
"Takeda, lets remove ourselves from here, THEN we can discuss examinations. And don't forget Showtime."

>>44965155
"NOT Until we can safely remove them."
>>
>>44965041
"Well, there goes my evil plans for netflix and chill. Want me to call a quarantine team? Or i suppose i could just shoot you all."
>>
>>44964971
Nothing pings. I seems to be counterintuitive with the present happenings, but you can say with absolute certainty that there is nothing nearby.

>>44964972
You sprint out of the main building. You don't feel bad, but you're certain it may have had an effect on you. Maybe it was poison?

It suddenly dawns on you. Was it a beacon... and for who?

The second you reach the courtyard, your vision turns to the darkness. You vision is... changing. A figure in purple, cloudy transparency takes aim at you.

>>44965003
>>44965136
>>44965041
No matter how you slice it, it seems bad.

>>44965015
You can't identify what the anomaly might be, you'd need a reference. It doesn't appear to be metallic, nor a poison from what you can analyze. It didn't pick up easily, as the traces appeared to FUSE with the body.

>>44964437
Your sitting down is promptly interrupted by Edin, who runs out and appears to be looking behind you...
>>
>>44965270
>>44965283
"But there could undocumented changes going on! I need to-

ow, alright. . ."
>>44964763
ACTION:
Before Leavin, Takeda insists on grabbing and yanking out one of these injectors. . .he really really wants to study these badly.

He yanks out as many injectors and proceeds to wrap them up in Metal Drider Webbing, ensuring they are as secure as can be before storing them.
>>
>>44965197
No bloodstream, no problem.

Something seems off, though. Your suit still indicated an issue.

Something was likely injected, but to what end? You might want to hold onto this thing.
>>
>>44965003

"SO HEY I TOLD YOU GUYS WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUTTA HERE ASAP"

Falcon was REALLY glad to be inside a Fortress right now.
>>
Rolled 4, 47 = 51 (2d100)

>>44965332
"OH SHIT, PUPPET!" Edin jinks to the side and raises his plasma shield before firing on the purple suit with his solar rifle.

>dodge? -44 bonus
>Solar rifle, +31 bonus
>>
>>44965484
"Edin? Puppet where? How can there be a puppet in the courtyard when we have SO MANY PEOPLE THERE?"

Stops just short of leaving the building, staring at the jinking Edin.
>>
>>44965484
>>44965326

The hologram blinks, ducking down for cover.
"Zome of us are...Zeeing things now. A team would be just great, if you can manage.
>>
>>44965332
>>44965484
>>44965555
"BIS might have missed it, you can't always rely on it. Either way, where is he shooting?"
Czar says standing up, watching where Edin is shooting at.
>>
>>44965484
[HARD DEXY - GREAT PASS]
[MED COM - PASS]

You take a shot at the figure in purple, which dodges effortlessly to the side. Czar sees the prep for the shot, and quickly jumps away from the danger.

You watch the figure retreat into darkness... but you can still see him. You can still see them, all of them.

Purple auras surround you, and you can see these auras through darkness, it appears.

They're on a different plane entirely.

You notice another one running to take the place of its comrade. The glow materializes under light, and you see a heavily armored TA suit, pointing a very unfriendly rail rifle straight at you.

ROLL HARD DEX TO DODGE

Two more seem to be jumping over the walls.

>>44965555
Your quads are glorious, and in the glory you see Edin... actually has a point.

Holy shit.

You see the purple figures yourself... it's as though they aren't material, or something. You can almost... FEEL them. You see the shot about to take place.

>>44965394
>>44965346
>>44965326
Gunfire draws your attention to the compound.
>>
>>44965555
"It's right there, can't you see it?" he replies, pointing at the purple form.
>>
Rolled 25, 14 = 39 (2d100)

>>44965484

Editi and Tommy: "Wait what/wut?!" Nothing came up on scanners. What was going on!

>looking for the foe. Hawkeye and termor
>fanning out scout drones.
>recalling scavs.

Also taking to the sky. About 200 feet over the compound. Rang 3-4ish.
>>
>>44965619
"You got it, darlin."

Using his FSOT and Comms Buoys, Bruce tries to establish a signal with command, preferably GI but if not, he will take whatever he can get.

"Command, come in, over." His only response to the gunfire is to activate hiw ghost module, disappearing from view. He has his job, the team has theirs.
>>
>>44965619
The purple suits... it's much the same. You can see the auras through darkness, through walls. You might be seeing things... a hallucinogenic variant of AO? You have no idea... but you do see the figure in purple roll down from the wall, firing off a shot of his from a sniper rifle.

>>44965625
Edin is looking... somewhere? You flash lights, but don't see anything. They must be hallucinating... right?
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>44965692
>>44965665
>>44965555
"This reminds me of that one mission in Chernobyl. Guys if we're seeing ghost agian, I need to confirm."

Takeda hacks into the suits of those afflicted, specifically into their monitors, to see if these "purple" auras are visible to the suits or only to the pilots.

If any of the pilots of Cyber Brain, he would also like to reach into the CB and scan the occular computational processes, maybe see if he can't see what they are seeing too.

+/- 10 Hacker Bonus
+/- 5 Technician Bonus
Worm Platform - Extended Hack/Scan Range
>>
>>44965665
>>44965692
"...I really wish I wasn't. Takeda, Showtime, stay in the building...Takeda, work on that damn become....I really think this thing is messing with our heads..."

"AND IF ANY OF YOU ASSHOLES OUT THERE CAN HEAR THIS, DISABLE US, NOW!" He levels his Shotgun at the heavy, but doesn't fire, instead prepping his PB.

>Prep PB for Edin
>>
>>44965719
>>44965711

The hologram's eyes were wide... Maureen kept still, eyes closing as she tried to block out the hallucinations.

"And now...I'm zeeing things as well."
>>
>>44965665
"Wait, no, they can't be real, they can't. Come on, my head my rules."

Edin activates Aegis nanites and sits down holding his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

>Activating Aegis nanites
>Sitting down and trying to clear my head with meditation
>>
>>44965853
"Understood. Want me to knock you out?"
>>
>>44965719
>>44965665
>>44965807
"Well, this isn't too good. What are you all seeing?"
Czar says as he double checks BIS to make sure that there isn't really anyone attacking.
>>
>>44965912
"Only if I ztart to actually be dangerous...Right now, I'm going to keep my eyes closed, block them out...Ztill, zights on me, and anyone else."
>>
>>44965665

The events around Drache were chaotic to say the least.

"Get the hell out of here, all of you, I really, really don't want another friendly fire situation, just run, and stop fucking shooting at shit in there!"

Dragonfly runs after the Main building crew, trying to make sense of the situation.
>>
>>44965807

Tommy snapped to action. "I heard that!"

Editi: "Wait Tommy! Wai-"

>>44965859

Tommy then checks the network. "Oh... Bummer. Back to nothing."

Editi: "This is what you get when you don't trust the mad scientist."
>>
Rolled 37, 96, 92 = 225 (3d100)

>>44965807

"Alright, fuck it!" he popped the hatch, and leaned out of the sacred shell that was Carrier Prime's hull.

The underbarrel launchers on his rifle popped thrice, and a cluster of electric blue orbs arced towards the Red Tank.

>Rollan COM for three EMP Bombs
>>
>>44965692
>>44965859 (late but accepted)
You're probably hallucinating, which is good because it means that you won't get hurt by the rail rifle shot, because it's a hallucination. Calmly, you sit down and active Aegis nanites.

The rail rifle shoots, and holy fuck.

You stagger back to your feet. You HUD indicator lets you know that your health has dropped by a third. The hallucination quickly dissipates as an illusion as you lightly touch your suit. You're bleeding, and there is a brand new shred of metal where your hip-placed armor would have been.

The same figure readies a second rail rifle, paired with a fun bout of three mortars - all aimed at you.

[ROLL HARD DEXY TO DODGE 4X]

>>44965704
Scanners show nothing... WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON OVER THERE?

>>44965778
You hack into your buddies, but even you see what they are talking about. Your suit picks up the signatures... but something seems off about them. You're certain that they aren't HERE...

That injection affected you. But... how? What blood is there to infect?

>>44965807
A purple figure from afar spots you, making its way across the compound. You see two guided missiles prepping to fire...

It's just a hallucination...

It's just a hallucination...

[ROLL HARD DEXY TO DODGE 2X OR USE PB TO NEGATE]
>>
>>44965853
It's a hallucination... just block it out...

You hear a single rail rifle round fire out from the sniper's weapon...

Thrown back, you take a second to try and recover from the actual concussive force of the round.

You take staggered, ragged breaths as you look upon the assumed hallucinations for yourself. Your shoulder, certainly exposed, is bleeding. Whatever hit you got through... or are you hallucinating?

You gingerly touch your shoulder, inspecting the ragged mess of suit and flesh. The nanites start to kick in, sealing the worst of the wound, but FUCK does it hurt, and it hurts BAD.

It's a cheap shot for sure. You really hope it's a hallucination.

Your suit reports massive damage sustained.

>>44965928
BIS shows nothing... they really are hallucinating. You try to keep your distance, but hearing cries of agony you turn to see Edin...

He's been shot.

What the fuck was he shot by?

Normally, you'd assume the course of hallucinating taking its toll, but there is real, legitimate damage to the suit. You double check with your own suit, and, sure enough, his suit is actually reporting both external and internal damage. It appears as though Showtime's suit has taken damage as well.

>>44966147
[EASY COM - 1X PASS, 1X FAIL, 1X GREAT PASS]
You fire down three EMPs to Redneck, who you're certain will be happy with said outcome.

REDNECK
[ROLL HARD DEXY TO DODGE 2X OR USE PB TO NEGATE]
>>
Rolled 96, 99 = 195 (2d100)

>>44966207
"EDIN?!" He saw the suit stagger, then saw the missiles...

Goddammit THIS FUCKING SUCKED.

>Activating Aegis, Power Up Shield
>Dodging-20
>>
>>44966300
The Construct screamed out, voice and image distorted from the pilot's apparent pain...Everything snapped back into focus after a second, the Maureen was holding her shoulder.

"I...I might have actuallly been zhot.."

Her cloaking device activates, and her eyes open.
>>
Rolled 3, 74, 76, 21 = 174 (4d100)

>>44966207
"Fuck this, fuck this with a rusty hacksaw...."

Edin raises his shield towards the railgun wielding figure and shoots into the sky towards Tommy and Editi.

>Dodge, -44 bonus
>>
Rolled 76, 33 = 109 (2d100)

>>44966207
>>44966300

Dragonfly's bomb bay flips open and a third, and final charged bomb lurches out onto the ground. The heavy takes up a fighting stance, marching towards a pilot with a temporary Designation: Rogue, Redneck Rider.

"For the record; I really didn't want it to turn out this way, we'll try to make this quick, but you'd better not hold anything back."

The heavy charges forward, activating Aegis, and desperately aiming for a restraining grab on the much smaller suit's chassis, hoping to drag it onto Dragonfly and pull him away.

"Come on, and please don't die."

>-59 dex bonus
>Impact Fist*2
>Please make this shit non-lethal
>>
>>44966402
"Shit. Feed me your targeting data. Ill take it out."
>>
>>44966207
>>44966300
>>44965778
>>44965807
>>44965853
>>44965859
>>44965912
>>44965928
>>44965970
>>44965988
>>44966462

CP was flying in circles. The situation below them unraveling. Private comms buzzing with convo each way... When CP dodged a far shot coming from edin and lowered to the courtyard.

Tommy: "Editi..... I know you don't want me to be close to this, but we need to help..."

Editi: "Well... What do you have in mind?"

Tommy was deadpan for a moment. "Plan Aladdin."

Editi was silent, but in their MP she nodded. "Do it."

The lights in CP's hold flashed red. Tommy on it's comms. "HOLD ON WHITE. WE'RE GOING HOME! YEEE HAAAW!"

CP raced to the ground aimed at Edin. Not near him, but AT him. Opening the hangar he slammed down onto Edin. Taking dirt and stone with him into the bay. Then EE turned on, the suit formed into an even bigger ball.

Tommy grinned in his suspended animation pod. "This CP. Prize secured. We're heading home."

>Grabing Edin.
>Then EEing.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44966300
While running away, Takeda climbs about the walls and starts laying down meshes and nets of Plasma Webbing via natural weapons + spinner.

He wanted to see if these things, real or not, could be stopped by hot plasma.

TE +5 Dex penalty
>>
File: Shenanigans.jpg (28KB, 574x294px) Image search: [Google]
Shenanigans.jpg
28KB, 574x294px
>>44966375
"Hang on Showtime! I'm coming!" Micheal says as he slams Mammoth into gear, slamming into and through the building to get to the Frenchman. As he slides into position and opens up the hatches, he turns to look at Showtime, and utter eight words:

>See picture
>>
>>44966552

Drache activates an internal camera, one fixed on a little stop watch set to thirty seconds.

"You've got that long people, it's not looking great, but we need to get the fuck out of here, and plan G requires this little one to go out with a 'bang' so please, hurry so we can destroy this horrid place.

Drache's drone returns to it's main body, sticking back into the small drone bay.
>>
>>44966656

"Wait, what-"
>>
>>44966626
The projection's hand was over it's shoulder, crouching now, in possibly a corner or a new hiding spot the suit found.

"Everyone iz reporting damage, I zee the damage. Zis is actual damage zat I'm reading on my HUD. You can't fake it, and everyone iz in a frenzy.."

The woman did know one way to deal with it, however. Her projection reached into it's coat pocket, pulling out what looked to be a square object by how her hands gripped the air..
Her cigarette case, each one a berzerker nanite powerhouse. The motions of a card passing over her mouth, and then the rush, the Avatar slowly relaxed.

At the very least, whatever was shooting at her would have a hard time landing a hit.

> -100 dodge for the next four turns.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44966207
>>44966300
>>44966755
"Only 30 seconds? Shit, why not 45 seconds?"
Czar said as he ran into the Main building with the intent to find the 5th injector, and grab the computers to put in his storage.
>dice for searching for the injector
>no techbonus
>>
Bruce sighs and straps showtime's drone to his suit's arm. "Look, does any cunt need my help or should i just fuck off?" He asks over comms, still unsure what the hell is going on and why command was ignoring his comms.
>>
>>44967100
"Run, Salt's going to blow the place up and you don't want to be here when that happens."
>>
>>44967174
"No you fucking dont, Salt. The cure for whatevervShowtime and Edin have might be in here."

Bruce double checks his stealth and heads in the main building, looking for lootables.
>>
>>449668
"Well if your not gonna get in normally." Micheal quickly jumps out, grabs Showtime around the waist, and chucks her into Mammoth's compartment. "In ya go lass, I'm not dying because you won't play nice." he grumbles as he shuts the doors and jumps back in "Salt, we're Oscar-Mike, we got time to get in the Dropship or am I having to offroad this bitch?"
>>
>>44967231
"I think that's what I was getting at, and is the entire reason you've got... 23 seconds."

>>44967268
"Well, if you've got everything there... then move to the dropship. Might want to move quickly, mind."

Drache walks for the gate.
>>
>>44967372
"Copy that, I'm moving." Micheal calls out as he floors it with Mammoth towards the Dropship, smashing through the building like it was nothing.
>>
>>44967372
"Damn, gotta move quick then."
Czar said while searching
>>
As CP hurtled further away as the passengers screamed inside. Tommy had a thought. "Damn. I could have grabbed more."
>>
> All actions will be processed IN ORDER OF POSTING with priority on responses to the GM post.

>>44966375
[HARD DEX - ROLLED MOD 76, NAT 99 - 1X FAIL, 1X CRIT FAIL]
The dodge doesn't succeed, not in the slightest. Aegis powers up and a shield raises to be met with...

EMP grenades?

The EMP grenades go off, and while Aegis helps to sustain some of the damage... the missiles impact and send waves of blast force through the suit directly into the fleshy person underneath. After taking a two direct blasts, the suit reports extreme taken damage. It beeps, denoting you are at or under your final third of health.

It sure feels like it, though. You take a breath as best you can, but it feels wrong. Your body reacts to the blast, and your HUD is momentarily splattered by choked out blood, spat up painfully.

This fucking sucks?

No, no, no.

This is a fucking catastrophe.

>>44966402
The cloaking device activates, and eyes open to try and meet the purple auras surrounding you. You see the purple bastards moving... they're getting closer. They'll try and make a shot if they can... and this doesn't seem very hallucinatory.

While your cloaking device is on, it doesn't appear to affect their movements at all. Through the walls and past others you see their weapons raised and pointed at you directly. Cloaking... does it not work? Maybe it doesn't work... on this plane of existence? Is there really something multidimensional here?

>>44966462
[ROLLED MOD 30, 32, 0, NAT 3 - 2X FAIL, 2X SUCCESS]
The rail rifle misses, thankfully, but two of the mortar rounds hit you as you catapult into the air. The suit reports that the damage sustained was minimal, but you feel the blasts resonate through your suit.

> Cont... wait on replies
>>
>>44968430
>>44966552
[ROLLED MED DEX - 2X PASS]
You easily hit and restrain Redneck, making certain not to hurt him. Luckily, those EMP grenades appear to have worked like a charm. The suit barely resists you, and you are able to prevent his suit from moving without hurting him.

To make certain, however, you check his suit status with yours.

How... odd. It appears as though he has sustained... CRITICAL damage. He's actually in a bit of an emergency right now. Sensors from his own suit indicate extreme blast damage taken by his body.

That's impossible. There was no blast. How the hell did he get hurt so bad?

Taking a moment to inspect him in the restraining grip, you notice that the front of the suit is completely crunched inward. An EMP grenade doesn't do that. You'd need a guided missile payload to do that kind of damage. How the hell?...

>>44966656
You grab Edin without so much as a second thought, catching him as he flies into the skies. To White's great dissatisfaction, your maneuver throws the person currently in the bay around for a trip, while simultaneously throwing someone else in. While the method is a bit crazy, it does work.

You activate EE, and fly off with Edin secured - heading home as fast as possible.

Edin takes a moment, having been successfully removed from that hellhole. However, as if things couldn't be worse... another purple figure appears INSIDE the hangar bay. And another. And... another.

Oh christ.

> Cont.... wait on replies
>>
>>44968467
>>44966768
You are thrown around like a rag doll, but after all the confusion you are happy to see Edin here with you, safe. You take a moment to breath, before you see Edin doing some... strange things.

Is he still hallucinating?

You watch as he valiantly spars with and fight... nothing. He throws punches and blocks attacks, but at least his guns aren't activated.

It's a little funny, until you watch pieces of metal crumple themselves, knocking him down with them.

Your suit indicators show that his health is beyond bad, and IT'S GETTING WORSE.

The suit continues to deform itself, crunching and shattering.

The air fighting doesn't look so funny, now. But what the fuck can you do?! You would imagine that Edin would be putting anything and everything into staying alive right now.

But you're FUCKING EVACUATED - this needs to be solved, and this needs to be solved NOW.

It looks like he won't be able to take that many more blows in his condition.

[EDIN, DEX ROLLS AVAILABLE IF YOU WISH TO TAKE THEM. YOU CAN ROLL UP TO 4 EX.HARD DEX ROLLS TO AVOID ATTACKS]

>>44966662
The meshes and nets do nothing to your purple foes, who proceed through them with ease.

The injection is taking its toll, but that would be impossible. You throw out more webs to see what can and cannot affect these bastards.

>>44966832
You prep yourself to dodge whatever the hell is fighting you. Sure enough, the next purple figure to shoot you misses. And another. And another.

Seems easy enough.

But how the hell to get the fuck out of here?

>>44966689
>>44967268
...and convenience strikes!

Showtime decides to opt for the Austrian method and indeed chooses to go with Michael because she wants to live.

She enters a section and takes a seat. At least whatever fighting her is going to have to go through Michael's chassis first. What wouldn't be safe about an extra bit of armor?

>>
>>44968762
>>44967413
Michael screams out of the compound, moving as quickly as possible to the dropship. The priority is helping a teammate, so expedience is key.

Sensors read...

DAMAGE!

Wait, no, you aren't damaged.

Showtime?

For some odd reason... it seems like there is fairly heavy damage currently affecting her suit. Indicators show she is responding to some kind of damage... but there's nothing there. You know damn well there's nothing there. The damage seems fairly trivial thanks to enhanced nanite effects, but you start getting distress signals from various suit sensors on HER end.

You aren't really sure what to do at this stage. Does first aid take priority or evacuation?

>>44966755
The stopwatch starts, and thirty seconds begins.

You start getting reports of various happenings throughout the base...

Whatever is here, it'll be dead soon. You have enough explosive power to wipe this place off the face of the Earth for good.

Thank god for that.

>>44966986
[V.EASY TECH - PASS]
You worry with the new time limit set, but luckily for you the thing is just STICKING OUT OF THE WALL.

Neat!

You grab it, making very sure to NOT poke yourself.

Then again, it looks like the injection mechanism was damaged from trying to inject something into concrete. It's bent too heavily to be a huge issue.

There's also a few blown canisters, five exactly, sitting on the shelf.

The text on them reads "SPENT".

Heh. Spent.

>>44967100
It would seem as though your help is not needed, but after a literal cacophony of distress pings and voice chatter, there may be more than you think.

>>44967231
You meet face to face with Czar, who shows you the injection thingy, and the canisters.

Hell, you might be able to snag the console, too. You'd need a big enough, fast enough suit. But you could probably pull it off.

Probably.

>>44967372
"Runs" might be a better idea right now.

>>
>>44968789
>>44968335
There... there does seem to be a problem with the suits inside the bay. Edin is reporting fairly major damage. The hell?

> Okay, you're good. Replies open.
>>
>>44968789
She managed to dodge every shot, every bullet sent towards her, the nanites powering her inhuman skills of mobility...Then, pain, damage. Left shoulder maybe?

But whatever the case, Maureen took a bow, and backflipped away from the combat, towards micheal
>>
>>44968430
>>44968467
"Fuck, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!" Edin begins to slow down, his wounds hurting and making movement hard for the panicked pilot.

"Alright, Tommy, I'm desperate now, I need you to knock me out and let Editi find out what the fuck that beacon is doing to my body." He gulped as he stared down the mob of purple suits, "I'm getting out of my suit so do it fast..."

With that Edin lept across the bay from the purple figures and deactivated his suit, the back opening up as he stepped out.
>>
>>44968467
"Drache...don't thin-" There is some wet coughing racket over them COMMs.

"I don't think leaving is gonna help us..."

Red felt like he needed a new lung...maybe two...
>>
File: 1451102791206.jpg (180KB, 1500x950px) Image search: [Google]
1451102791206.jpg
180KB, 1500x950px
>>44968789
Bruce looks at the things, and grabs whatever he can, making sure to ensure anything sharp is stored pointing AWAY from him. He looks at the console, then checks over his systems.

"Glorioud leader, run simulation on what would happen if I grabbed that console and activated emergency evac. Red Queen, search pattern with the scout drones. Take anything useful, as much as you can carry." With his AI units tasked, Bruce activates external comms.

"Any heavy suits in the area? Got some possible heavy lifting here." He keeps his camo active, wary of tripping any traps like the others did. That's what the drones are for.

Just i n case, he preps his point barrier.
>>
>>44968430
>>44968467
>>44968762
>>44968789
>>44968822
"I've got the needle, someone should grab those computers."
Czar said as he started to move carefully towards the dropship, keeping an eye on the injector.
>>
Rolled 4, 80, 17, 57, 30, 26 = 214 (6d100)

>>44968467
>>44968762
>>44968822
>>44969105

As the scene started to worsen in the bay Tommy and Editi retreated into their MP. Time slowing to a crawl as Editi sped up Tommy's CB for a plan. A second was all it took as the arms of CP rushed out.

If they where still in comm range.... One last transmission was all they might get. Tommy: "EVERYONE! EDIN IS STILL CRAZY! IT'S NOT BASED ON THE AREA! IT'S ALL ON THE HEAD AND SUIT! WE'RE KNOCKING HIM OUT! DO THE SAME TO THE OTHERS!"

At that point CP was a flurry of activity. As worm ports attached to Edin and tried to shut his armor down, Editi tried to cut and remove Edin from the suit. If done so she would knock him out with either a tranqs from the med-kit they had, or a blow to the head she knew would be just enough due to her doctor training. Then trying to keep him stable with said med-kit.It was a long shot, but better then letting him die...

/HOLDING DOWN/REMOVING EDIN WITH MAGNETO POWERS AND ARMS FOR 2 AA
>THEN KNOCKING OUT EDIN (2 AA SPENT IF NEEDED)
>THEN TRYING TO HEAL (2 AA SPENT.)
>>
>>44968789
>>44969209

"First I'm an ambulance for someone turning TA, now I'm a moving company, great."

<"Mike. Grab Red for me, I'm heading back in to finish something off.">

The heavy moves back to the main building again, taking a quick aside glance at the nearby machinery, then starts to load the computing equipment into the suit, the drone peaking out of the side with its revolver readied.

>Also, Aegis
>>
>>44969402
"Copy that!" Mammoth says, as he makes his way back and grabs the Redneck.

>>44968789
>>44969285
Micheal sighs, not happy about having to do this, but he supposes it's for the best. Grabbing his revolver, he orders Mammoth to go to the Dropship with his Cyberbrain, and walks over to Showtime. "I'm sorry lass, but this is for your own good." He says as he pistol whips her on the temple, knocking her unconscious "You'll thank me later for this." He mutters before walking over to Red

He kneels next to his best friend "Red, I'm sorry, you know I have to do this." he says, as he looks for a way to open it "Mate, your gonna have to open this thing up, I have to knock you out, it's the only way to be sure."
>>
>>44970378
"Heh...you so sure knocking us out is a good idea either?" More coughs.

"Don't think its a good idea..."
>>
>>44970479
"Shut up, lay down, and go the fuck to sleep."
>>
>>44970479
"Look man, we both know this is the best option, I also need you to open up so I can fucking patch you up, at least temporarily."
>>
>>44970503
"Yess...and let this...Infection just run its course...and let those damn things just pling plang away till I'm nothing but gristle...."
>>
>>44970479
"Don't make me lend Mike the 2.45, Sit down and sleep."
>>
>>44970619
"Hey, if you die, can i havve your stuff and your girlfriend?"
>>
>>44970699

"I thought they'd blown off his arm months back."
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44968789
>>44970699
>>44970620
>>44970503
Action:
Takeda watches both in anxiety over his friends, and himself.

He was retreating with the others, but he himself feels afflicted by whatever these things were.

He might as well focus on himself, try to pinpoint a problem, a solution, or SOMETHING of an answer as to what is going on.

And in typical fashion, once inside the Mammoth, he shuts down. But not completely

>Go into personal cyberspace and check all data files on my body
>Determine how, what, and why I am being afflicted by this. If I am resistant, perhaps I can find a cure in my own body

+/- 10 Hacker Bonus
+/- 5 Technician Bonus
>>
>>44970769
"Fucking snap. Great bait mate. We got us some police brutality right here."
>>
>>44970699
A Grumbly 'Fuck You' is heard between coughs
>>44970620
Even More Grumbling.

>>44970597
"I don't think it is....but eh." The suit's forward hatch pop-ed open, revealing most of the entire covered in...well Him.

"Hit me baby. And if I don't wake up...well...it isn't important." He shrugged, chocking again...

>>44970769
More Grumbles

>>44970856
"Very...funny."
>>
>>44969030
> gotta wait until the final post

>>44969105
You deactivate your suit, and back out as it falls to the floor with a fairly nasty clatter.

You look upon your body, and see damage throughout. Your body not only shows bloodied bruises and deep wounds where you got hit, but... you notice your whole body is a host for rashes, some bleeding. Perhaps you didn't notice it because of all the other damage you sustained. However, as you step out, you feel a sense of tranquility. Peace.

You look over at White, who looks back at you with concern. As the purple suits you saw disappear into nothingness, you see the purple glow envelop HIM instead. And... you feel them. All of them.

You watch quietly as thousands of auras glow below you, a distinct shade of purple. You feel peace... and then - anger. Aggression.

Something primal within you tries to claw its way out, prying at-

>>44969285
You smack Edin as nicely as you can.

It's a pretty vicious smack... but it knocks him out.

Editi takes a look... it's possible to heal him. Easy, actually. You take the time to start healing the unconscious Edin, who seems fine aside from the crazy, and the damage.

Editi determines a similarity - the injected substance into Edin is the same as the one used in the buried bodies of non-coms. However, they aren't bonding to his body, they seem to be affecting the nanites.

White, Editi, and Tommy are taken off guard by Edin's suit, now unmanned, as the suit crumples itself, sending razor sharp, torn metal into the spot where fleshy Edin's head and torso would have been.

The suit continues to degenerate.

Looks like it wasn't just nanites that the injection bonded to.

>>44969209
Everything else here is burned, it seems like it's just those canisters and the console that's worth taking.
>>
>>44969223
>>44970378
You opt to knock her out with your revolver, but the Berserker nanites are still in play. The revolver bounces off of her temple ineffectually. It still seems like she's dodging... something.

>>44969402
The console is loaded with relative ease. Handshakes all around.

>>44970699
Your tact is legendary.

>>44970825
[HARD TECH - PASS]

You scan through your suit to try and uncover the issue... Millions of error reports and various HUD indicators are scanned rapidly.

That's it. You got it.

The injection... it's two-pronged. It targets both AO substances AND Sludge... that's why it probably didn't work on the prisoners. That's why it works on you...

But not fully.

You can tell your suit is actually degenerating, but you are well-versed enough with suit technology for it to not matter. You find the substance within yourself, and cordon it off in a specific section, rearranging the Sludge as best you can before dropping the piece as a small lump from your suit.

Suddenly, the purple beings disappear.

You're in the middle of the forest, in the middle of a pitch black night, in a frozen wasteland, and you're alone.

This is somehow LESS scary than those purple bastards. Fuckers.

The lump can probably be picked up, but you sure as hell don't want to touch the damn thing with anything Sludge-related.

>>44970908
A blow is delivered, and Red goes unconscious.

No.

No, there's something still wrong here.

Indicators are still reporting major damage. What the fuck?
>>
>>44971232
>DO I see any of my teammates?
"Uhhhh, I was in Mammoth just a second ago.

Guys, hello, can any of you see me?"
>>
>>44971198
>>44971232

"Well this looks nice and all, but we need to clear the area now, you've got less than 10 seconds before I set the bombs off. So... yeah."

Drache hurries out of the base, to... somewhere out of the explosion radius.

"Seriously man, don't die out there just because you never learned what the little hand means."
>>
>>44971232
"OH fuck, okay out you go." Mike says as he pulls Redneck out of his suit, fireman carrying him before sending the suit flying out of the Tank into the snow. He then sets Redneck down on a set of chairs before running over to Showtime "Show, out of the suit! It's imploding!" He says, running over and trying to grab them, attempting to try ripping her out of her suit.
>>
Rolled 47, 33, 40 = 120 (3d100)

>>44971232
Takeda pulls out a TE hazmat bag and uses a nearby stick to move the lump into it.

Then he puts that bag in another bag and stores it.

Then he burns the area with plasma

>>44969105
>>44969030
>>44969120
"GUYS

GUYS

I FIGURED IT OUT

IT'S NOT JUST A BLOOD BORNE DISEASE, IT AFFECTS SLUDGE."

"I don't know if I can purge it from their bodies, but I should be able to purge it from their suits to stop the damage."

--Three AA for Three Hacks to expunge the injection from Edin, Red's, and Zulu's suits respectively--

+/- 10 Hacker Bonus
+/- 5 Technician Bonus
>>
>>44971943
"no no no WAIT WAIT

Everyone get away from them first! Make sure they're outside of anyone or anything don't touch them!"
>>
Rolled 78, 55, 57, 71, 48, 78 = 387 (6d100)

>>44971198
>>44971943

Editi: "Hang. Hang. Hang. Hang."

The cargo bay of CP was already open as she spoke. The magnet force tossing Edin's suit out to slam into the ground and welder arms trying to separate and toss out metal that came into contact with edin's suit. For Edin himself the plate he was on was ripped off and straps wrapped around him with said magnet powers. Parts of CP was flying out so fast it looked as if the suit was vomiting.

Tommy: "Crap. I'm so sorry I forced this Editi. I know you would never would have allowed it if I forced it."

Editi: "Han-I am about to shove you in a hazard suit, into White's arms, AND THROW YOU OUT THE DOOR!"

Tommy: "Shut up, scan, and identify infected metal. Got it."

>TAKING OFF ALL METAL/ARMOR THAT CAME IN CONTACT WITH EDIN'S SUIT.
>USING THE MAGNET POWER TO HOLD EDIN.
>FUUUUUUUG
>>
>>44972400

The pieces of metal falling around CP's location, combined with the rather inventive yelling of it's pilot was rather distracting for Drache.

"You're sure you don't need help with that buddy? Or did you get a look more familiar with Edin's condition since then?"
>>
> Not applicable for time. This post DOES NOT knock time off the explosives.

>>44971415

>>44971505
Redneck is pulled out, and you set him down in a nearby chair. Frost forms on his face almost immediately.

Fffuck. You forgot.

Cold.

Showtime appears to be (whether she knows it or not) in fair dislike of your proposal to remove the suit. At the same time, the Berserker nanites appear to be wearing off...

>>44971943
[V.HARD - PASS, PASS]

You connect to Redneck and Showtime's suits, and start transferring the most heavily bonded sections of the suit to a different area. It's easy to crack into Redneck's suit (he appears absent).

You can't find Edin's... odd.

OH!

Before you make the final decision to split it up, you open comms.

>>44972159
"Everyone get away from them first! Make sure they're outside of anyone or anything don't touch them!"

If you touched that lump you have with Sludge material, it would bond and reaffect your suit. Surely it would-

Wait.

You read through reports.

The suit's issues are from the injected substance bonding. But bonding happens to both the Sludge AND AO nanites. Sludge and AO nanites are already bonded... it's what allows pilot to be so effective.

If Sludge and nanites bond already to make a pilot more effective...

Perhaps the variant actually REQUIRES the bond?

THAT'S WHY IT DOESN'T WORK ON THE NON-COMS.

IT'S NOT JUST BLOOD.

IT NEEDS A PAIRED PILOT!

And it specifically needs that pair.

It's infectious, but it bonds to one person specifically.

You're happy that you've figured something out, but that still raises questions...

You start feeling very, VERY bad for those with flesh and blood.

Expunging something can't be programmed so easily into a circulatory system.

> Posts prior to this can be modified with new information gained at no penalty. Time has not moved past the assumed 10 seconds until detonation.
>>
>>44972585
"Well. . .damn.

It was THAT easy?

Guys. . .we literally just have to get them out of their suits for this stuff to not work, or at least be less effective.

Seems to be that these things require AO nanites AND a bond with Sludge from the suit to function. Remove the pilots from their suits, you sever that bond, then you stop the infection.

In otherwords get these pilots OUT of their suits and keep them away."
>>
>>44972585
Also we should get out of range of this bomb.
>>
>>44972906
>>44972585
Action:
Takeda get's onto the dropship along with the rest of the team

He then proceeds, carefully to try and extract the pilots from their suits. How he'll do this without touching them. . .he'll need to hack them and activate their ejection protocols?

If that doesn't work, he'll try to put on some hazmat baggage on his hands and try to do it manually.
>>
>>44972585
"C'mon guys, you should have been out of the blast zone and on the ship 10 seconds ago."
Czar said to the as he got onto the dropship, keeping the injector protected.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>44972585
>>44972400

>Told this point will be counted in the next post.
>With the option to mod it.

The only thing I want to change, is with a removable worm platform, is to try and save edin's suit.

+/-20 hacking bonus. 10 normal.

>Also as mentioned. If needed WILL take HP dam to remove infected parts to prevent infection.
>>
>>44972585
Bruce recalls his drones, and activates his Emergency Evac, leaving through the hole Micheal thoughtfully left on his way out.

"Screw you cunts, I'm going home!"

...With one of Showtime's drones still strapped to his arm.

>ollie outie
>>
>>44973009
[CARRIED TECH ROLL]
You got into Showtime's suit before, you can do it again.

You get it to open up, freeing her and allowing her to exit her suit. When this doesn't work, you seem awfully inclined to assist her. Despite the hit-ons, it seems he lost his right to strip someone down to a robot.

Showtime is removed from the mesh suit, which continues to react in increasingly dangerous and volatile ways. With now both Red and Showtime out of their suits, you quickly cordon off the dangerous parts of the suits and remove them as additional lumps, making certain to bag them as well before legging it.

Showtime and Red, now removed from their suits, look to be in horrible condition. It isn't just gashes and wounds. Bloodied rashes cover both bodies - it looks like something actually eating away at them. Regardless, they're safe now.

>>44973096
Czar leads efforts alongside various other suits to make the maddest of dashes back to the dropship.

Opulence, well away of the impending MASSIVE EXPLOSION, wastes no time getting everyone onboard as quickly as possible.

>>44973603
Now beaten to the French Figure by a metal man who tinkers with suits all day, you resign yourself to head home.

You're keeping that drone.

The dropship powers up, confirming that everyone is onboard. With mere seconds to spare, the dropship is given an additional bit of thrust by the massive explosion.

Opulence looks over the canisters, injection needle, and console brought in, and looks out to see the aftermath of the detonation.

"Goddamnit."

"Why does every operation end in an explosion?"

"You'd need to be a goddamn Fool to think that's a good idea."

> Tim, White, Edin, you will have a separate response. Please hold on.
>>
>>44973962
"Could have asked me about that Opulence. I wouldn't have answered, but still, three explosions and an investigation isn't all bad, is it?"
>>
>>44973174
Carrier Prime takes some damage from the vomiting, but losing parts is okay and only the suit has any real trace of damage. You snag Edin's suit before it flies out, and close the door.

Both you and Editi will have to reserve arguing and anger for another time, Edin is still injured.

Editi helps bolster recovery efforts, giving care as needed. However, there is an analytical part to the process as well.

Editi reviews the information about the strange injected substance. It appears to have bonded to the nanites... that's bad. Very bad. However, the bonding is unique to the pilot, and this particular variant seems simple, at least compared to what an Engineer would know.

Editi thinks through some scenarios and case examples from various other Engineer studies.

This might not be too terrible.

Using similar occurrences in the past, you and Editi come to the conclusion that, while permanent, the effects of the new bonded nanites might not be.

The nanites cannot be removed without essentially draining (and killing) the person, however you might be able to suppress the effects of it.

You would need to look into it, and the affected pilots would have to be put into care while it was taken care of...

But you could probably create a suppression agent. Something to be injected, just like the antidote might be.

It would always be present, but wouldn't have any of the effects - so long as the agent is taken.

That seems like the best possible outcome for now.

You only hope Fastball isn't this convoluted.

Something in your heart tells you not to get your hopes up.
>>
>>44974250

The two do bicker onto the night. Sure they bicker, but it could have been worse. Tommy could have gotten what is now dubbed: "AOIDS."

Editi got her suit cleared of the AOIDS, Tommy found out later his friends are still alive (minus some frostbite, AOIDS, and PTSD.) And Editi is happy as well Tommy lives safely another day.

The group learns about (and escapes) the latest VP trap, and life moves on. Could be worse as Tommy says. He could have no coco for the rid-....... WHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEE!
>>
File: 12-imperal-gunner22.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12-imperal-gunner22.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
Bruce sits in a cave, out in an undisclosed location. His suit, empty, is laid out on a slab beside him, recharging. As it rains outside, the man fiddles with an old long range radio, made from pre-suit tech. He swears as he fiddles with the dials, trying to find the right frequency. After a while, the white noise fades.

His drones patrol outside, each one rigged to blow if captured, an invisible monument to his paranoia. He waits for an all-clear signal from each one before he speaks...

"It's me. Get your credit card ready. I've got something you might be interested in..."
>>
Alright, great job team.

Mission officially over.

Anyone with the spooky dooky nanites are assumed to have them suppressed - therefore despite characters having these plot devices bonded to them THEY HAVE NO DIRECT IMPACT ON THE CHARACTERS UNLESS THE PLAYER SO CHOOSES.

Thanks for a great mission, and have fun with your space HPV.

Now... to thread death!
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.