[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make-A-Sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 24

File: A SWORD.jpg (12KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
A SWORD.jpg
12KB, 450x450px
Make an enchanted sword, /tg/
>>
>>44925451
Playing 5e and I just found a sword that has contains a Solar.

Depending on how much the Solar likes the user / agrees with the mission it confers different powers.

Typically it just shakes when someone lies in its vicinity. Other things it has be shown to do, release healing energy in times of need, change the damage type to fire, and add radiant damage againt demons.

Unfortunately it does this at its own choice (except the lying part) so can be quite unreliable.
>>
>>44925451
The enchanted sword is not a sword, or rather the sword bit is irrelevant.

It's actually a mystical conceptual metaphor given physical form.

The metaphor is for muh dick
>>
File: sword_PNG5521.png (799KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sword_PNG5521.png
799KB, 1920x1080px
>>44925451

It gives me the power to summon OP's mom.
>>
A sword only in appearance, the enchanted weapon is a warhammer disguised as a sword. So people thinks you'll slice em, but you bash em.
>>
Longsword that causes any blood that comes in contact with it's edges to superheat, Then ignite.
>>
>>44925451
not a sword but a dagger, it contained the soul to a snobbish elf prince who would never shut the fuck up.
>>
File: maylay1.jpg (67KB, 648x418px) Image search: [Google]
maylay1.jpg
67KB, 648x418px
>>44925451
A Merciful Vorpal Cutlass, with no command that makes it do lethal damage.
You have a chance to cut through someones neck but it is instantly healed and they just pass out.
>>
>>44925655
>>44925661

Those are pretty good.
>>
File: zbnwwi490kQ.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zbnwwi490kQ.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>44925649
>That crossguard
>>
My favorite sword that I ever had in an RPG was a greatsword called "Grom The Great".

It was a sentient sword that sought to devour and consume other magic items, and it shook with rage whenever we were close to an enemy spellcaster.

I'm not sure exactly how the DM ruled it, but whenever it struck a spellcaster, they lost some of their magical energy.
>>
>>44925649
That cross guard is retarded.
>>
How about a sword forged with the heat of lightning strikes? No furnace, just a powerful storm and a very skilled blacksmith.

Lets you call lightning or something.
>>
File: Enchanted Sword.png (72KB, 692x589px) Image search: [Google]
Enchanted Sword.png
72KB, 692x589px
>>44925451
>>
>>44925451
Sword that let's you blink to random positions.

Or that's what it seems, when in reality it allows you to cross over into another plane temporarily. In that plane the spirit of the blade chases you, attempting to steal your soul. When it catches up to you it takes a few years off your life and you appear roughly where you ran to in the plane, having forgotten the entire experience.
>>
Sword idea I had

Sword is semi alive and grows in experience with you. Over time you and the sword
have a symbiosis relationship or a short.
You not using the sword can cause you to lose health and become sickly.
At its worst, even being away from the sword can weaken you.
How ever, the sword adapts to your use of it, so it has limitless potential. It'll adapt to the enemies you fight. It'll adapt to your fighting style.
If and when you die, the sword will return to its default state and await a new master.
>>
>>44925451
I can't even make a regular sword though.
>>
A sword with an edge that cuts but can't kill (someone can lost his/her head, but the head and body are still alive). And an edge that don't cut but kill instantly anything.
>>
>>44926334
I should precise: Edge that can cut anything.
>>
>>44926334
Like the cutting part, not the instant kill part.
>>
How about a sword that divides space where an object is situated, rather then interacting with the object itself?
Probably best fitted with some kind of On/off switch, otherwise you'll run into...problems
>>
File: The truth of RPG artwork.jpg (79KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
The truth of RPG artwork.jpg
79KB, 600x750px
>>44925451
A buddy of mine told me one time about a great sword idea he had.

A sword of cleavage.

It was a pretty normal sword, but when it was drawn, all women's tops in the immediate area would somehow come undone. Even the tightest, strongest, most well made straps or clasps would fail somehow. A weak point in a strap. A rusty nail that everything hinged on. I think at one point, where he used it in a game, that he was able to somehow make a goddess of some-such actually lose her top.

Now, you'd think that this would be a pretty useless weapon. But in actual fact, how shocking would it be if a woman was just suddenly topless in the heat of battle? We played it that it would cause a will save or be dumbfounded by boobies for one round. Not to mention that a warrior facing you suddenly losing their shirt or chest armour would be in a pretty bad way since thats where a lot of major organs are.

so, a stupidly sounding sword at first, but actually quite practical too!
>>
>>44926561
Hm. That could be useful.
Can it work on men, also?
>>
>>44925451
>Sword of metagaming
Whenever you attack with this sword, it'll tell your character what he rolled, the amount of damage dealt and the enemy's AC.
Your character doesn't understand what the fuck the sword is talking about, though.
>>
>>44926561
I like the idea of swords that sound stupid with small little effects, but can be used creatively to get some real advantages. But this one in particular would probably lose me the respect of everyone at the table. Neat concept though.
>>
>>44926777
Trips confirms that this is the best idea.
>>
An incorporeal sword that cuts mana.
>>
>>44926994
Perfect for killing wizards.
But how exactly does it work?
You... cut the magical energy to stop someone from casting spells?
>>
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Enchanted Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Enchanted Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine enchanted katana in Japan for 240,000,000 Yen (that's about $2,000,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid diamond with my enchanted katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single enchanted katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest enchanted blades known to mankind.

Enchanted katanas are thrice as sharp as enchanted European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an enchanted longsword can cut through, an enchanted katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure an enchanted katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full adamantine plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their enchanted katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the enchanted katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Enchanted katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Enchanted Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Enchanted Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Enchanted Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.
>>
>>44925451
The sword at first seems like a fairly generic enchanted sword, but the more it's wielder uses it the more it influences their mind. Slowly, their entire life begins to revolve around becoming a better swordsman. No time for family, friends or even sleep and food besides what is the bare minimum to keep going. They even stop caring about good and evil, and eventually they put themselves in mortal danger almost constantly as they seek new challenges because they think that having death being the punishment for failure would be good motivation.
>>
A reverse sword, you cut to heal. But it takes a lot of practice, you have to slash precisely where the wound is with enough strength to stitch it back together. It would be a heal that can be used by weapon wielder, the crit chance and damage would be used to crit heal and heal more.
>>
>>44927427
That's kinda cool, I guess.
Be something funny to see when you go to a church to get stitched up. They pull out a sword.
>>
>>44927646
I would love to see players react to that, I might talk about it to my GM.
>>
>>44926722
Probably only ones with feminine penises
>>
>>44927646
>"Hello, fellow adventurer, I see you're injured. Please, sit here"
>Unseathes
>"Uhm... what are you doing?"
>"Don't worry, my good man, this will take the pain away"
>"You know what, I... I feel better already. It wasn't all that much in the end. Really good job you do here. Yeah. Great job. I'll be going"
>>
>>44927355
So, a halo device?
>>
A sword enchanted to hurt a lot more, but it doesn't have extra stats or hit dice. It hurts more from a narrative perspective
>>
>>44927866
...I'll admit, I have no idea what that is.
>>
>>44925451
Sword enchanted with an illusion that makes it look like a staff with a knob on the end. Enemies try to engage the "wizard" at close range, fun times.
>>
>>44927085
the target loses a spell slot whose level is half the damage done
>>
>Dagger of Untold Secrets
when used to stab someone in the back, it compels them to speak their deepest secret, loud enough for every sentient in the room to hear, in a language that they all understand, repeating in other tongues if there is no common one in the room
>Dagger of Told Secrets
the same, just they are compelled to say one of your deepest secrets
>The Swordmaster Blade (the spelling is correct)
an ancient master of several schools of combat, transmogrified into an intelligent sword that can teach the wielder swordplay and help in combat by taking control of their body. also the grip is the masters dick, made of metal, and with a leather cover, but otherwise fully functional
>>
>>44925725
>>44925818
just flip it around and have a neat art-deco pigsticker. But no, gotta make it look totally retarded.
>>
>>44925451
A cursed sword with poisoned barbs that spring out from the hilt. Grasping this sword the normal way leads to painful death. However, the sword can be used to great effect by holding it by the blade and bashing one's foes with the poison-barbed hilt...
>>
>>44925451
I once gave my players a "sword of the mummy." It was a sword wrapped in bandages along most of it's length, and suffered a -1 to hit and damage as a result. I called it out on a whim while describing a room in a dungeon.

It did absolutely nothing, but when my players tried it out in combat I had the brilliant idea to make a secret GM roll. I continued to roll useless dice behind my hand every time the rogue swung with it, and they managed to convince themselves that it was dealing bonus negative energy damage for the entire campaign based on some shoddy HP calculations he made (guy was a terrible metagamer, but I let it slide for reasons). He eventually traded it out for a keen rapier, but it was funny while it lasted.
>>
File: Eternal Hunger.png (119KB, 521x889px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Hunger.png
119KB, 521x889px
>>44925451
>Eternal Hunger
>Sentient Chaotic Evil Longsword
>Power Born of Hatred
>Whenever you hit with Eternal Hunger, you gain temporary Hit Points equal to the amount of damage you deal on the attack. These Hit Points fade away after 24 hours. As long as these temporary hit points last and you keep Eternal Hunger in hand, you have advantage on attack rolls, saving throws, and ability checks.
>No Superiors
>You cannot be charmed or frightened while carrying Eternal Hunger, and your attacks with it ignore resistance and immunity to slashing damage. Whenever you fight an enemy that has a higher Challenge Rating or level than your level, you deal an additional 1d8 slashing damage on a hit. if you successfully kill or otherwise destroy an enemy with a Challenge Rating or level higher than your own with no assistance other than Eternal Hunger's, you gain a permanent +1 bonus to damage and attack rolls with the weapon, to a maximum of +3.
>Undying Wrath
>If you would be reduced to 0 hit points while carrying Eternal Hunger, you may attempt to make a DC 20 Constitution save. On a successful save, your hit point total instead becomes equal to your Constitution modifier + your level (minimum 1).
>Sentience
>Eternal Hunger is a sentient chaotic evil weapon with an Intelligence of 18, Wisdom of 16, and Charisma of 18. It has hearing and darkvision out to a range of 120 feet. The weapon can speak, read, and understand Common, and can communicate with its wielder telepathically. Its voice is deep and echoing. While you are attuned to it, Eternal Hunger also understands every language you know.
>Personality
>Eternal Hunger seems to have once been a man, but its focus is on conquest and destruction. It cares now for nothing more than destroying other sentient weapons and overcoming powerful enemies. When pressed as to its reasons, it seems that the blade seeks to destroy a god of war who cursed him into his new form to show the futility of Hunger's attempt to kill him.
>>
>>44928284
For when Blackrazor just isn't edgy enough.
>>
>>44928140
Did you ever tell him the truth?
>>
>>44928284
that's really gay and so r you
>>
Dubs can decide a trait.
>>
>>44928515
It's sentient and Lawful Good, always speaking in a motherly or fatherly tone about how to treat people with respect and find alternate solutions to situations than violence.
>>
>>44928515
The wielder will look like a goblin
>>
>>44928515
The stronger you are, the harder it is to lift it.
>>
>>44928515
When stuck into an enemy it will make a loud farting sound. If it is a crit it will also smell like rotten eggs.
>>
>>44928515

it's sentient and can speak with the voice of a sassy black woman
>>
Ranqu’or, Bringer of Righteous Justice and Redeemer of Innocents
Intelligent Lawful Good Sword. Incredibly powerful but also incredibly vain. The wielder must call it's name in full before being able to unsheathe it. Once out, the sword will decide if the foe is worth its time. If not, it berates you for wasting it's time and reverts to a regular longsword until called upon again.
>>
>>44928515
It's annoyingly cheerful all the time.
>>
>>44928515
It never, ever stops talking. At all.
Casting the Silence spell or equivalent has no effect.
>>
>>44928515
It has a pair of jingly bells tied to the pommel.

They sound pretty.
>>
>>44928515
the wielder would have a fuzzy or fading appearance
>>
>>44928515
It summons tiny spiders inside the body of anyone it hurts.
>>
>>44928515
The Sword will grow in the presence of beautiful women, but shrinks in cold weather
>>
>>44928515
Causes its wielder to become temporarily blind when activated, but gives him tremorsense out to 60 feet in that timeframe.
>>
>>44928515
Follow up to this >>44928644
The sword can be broken over the leg to create a magical gift for someone in need, disappearing in the process.
It returns to its former wielder restored when they need it most.
>>
>>44928644
one magic trait.
>As they heard the bells they knew they were doomed. It was a beautiful sound, but for the goblins it meant the bells of their funeral
>>
>>44928704
>"DING-A-LING-LING, MOTHERFUCKER!"
>>
>>44928644
When not used for a long time, the bells will turn blue and hurt.
>>
>>44928644
If you ring the bells in a certain way, you can use them to cast spells that affect the mind.
>>
File: why do this.jpg (22KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why do this.jpg
22KB, 288x499px
>>44928284
That sword is so edgy that I cut my self just trying to pick it up!
>>
>>44928644
The bells will ring if someone is casting a spell in the nearby
>>
>>44928284
So this weapon would only be allowable for characters like lvl15+ right? Because with effects like that and no downsides besides the Ego, there's not really a reason NOT to use that sword. especially farming easy high CR monsters for permanent roll bonuses
>>
>>44928644
Theres a small crescent moon on the pommel. In Moonlight, the blade is ethereal and cuts deeper.
>>
>>44928798
I know.
It's the perfect murderhobo sword, because it was actually made from a murderhobo.
The final answer to 'I want a better weapon' whining.
>>44928853
Yes, it would be considered an endgame weapon, also the bonus tops out at +3.
>>
>>44928822
If the bells ring due to a spell being casted, the sword sings along.
>>
>>44928918
HA! That reminds me, in my old Forgotten Realms group, we had this guy who threw a fit that everyone had cooler stuff than him.
I was a werewolf, so that was a thing
The mage had some great spells because he was a great min maxer and role player
The archer took some smart skills so he could do it some fancy shit.
and I forget what the other guy had, but he was doing alright for him self.
Anyway, the whiner finally got his wish and the DM gave him enchanted plate armor and a flaming sword.
BUT
Said player was still a whiner. and this player had terrible ideas, and we told him so when ever he suggested something stupid
eventually this came to a head way, and the whole group got into a big argument.
The armor guy left the group, so, the DM, who was pissed, killed his character. And I, being the only other warrior, got his stuff.
So I was a werewolf, with +5 plate mail, and a flaming sword
Sometimes, That Guys are gifts in ways you didn't realize.
>>
>>44929018
I should mention I was an elf.
So our party tank was a skinny, one eyed, 5,5 plate armor wearing, flaming sword wielding shape shifter.
I could also talk to dogs, if I turned into a wolf.
>>
Fragrant Sword

A sword of legendary report said to have been wielded by the leader of the 6 Flowers Gang, Flowerless.

Strangely very few people have actually seen the sword in person as Flowerless was never seen actually carrying a sword on her person although the belt of her robes were always adorned with a ornate flower broach.

The secret of the sword is the blade is actually formed from Ki and flowerless would take hold of the broach and channel her Ki into it forming a nearly intangable blade of energy, all that was reported was that wherever she was made to wield her blade there was merely the strong scent of flowers in her wake.
>>
Heres a sword idea!

A very simple looking long sword, with the words 'Oops' written on the blade.
When you attack with the blade, it unleashes a sort of energy wave. At first, the wave doesn't really seem to do anything, how ever, there is a 1 in 50 chance that the blade will open a tiny worm hole, that will suck in who ever your are attacking.
>>
>>44927341
Size/Type: Huge Animal
Hit Dice: 9d8+48 (88 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: Swim 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+22
Attack: Bite +12 melee (2d6+12)
Full Attack: Bite +12 melee (2d6+12)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Blindsight 120 ft., hold breath, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +14*, Spot +14*, Swim +16
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Run, Toughness
Environment: Cold aquatic
Organization: Solitary or pod (6-11)
Challenge Rating: 5
Advancement: 10-13 HD (Huge); 14-27 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>44925451
It is a sword borne of the copulation of two sources, forged for years and tempered in fires physical and metaphysical.

The name this blade bears is MAN for no mere slab of metal can cut without the will of MAN to create the first cut, the intention of a cut.

And so MAN is the first blade, enchanted with the will to kill.
>>
>>44930330
So... the sword wants to kill?
I don't get it.
>>
>>44930361
Sword cannot cut if not wielded. Ergo sword not important, MAN is. MAN cuts ergo MAN is a sword.
>>
A singing sword
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8wBfDtZkE
>>
>>44930445
Obligatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz2DknROaI8
>>
>>44930671
Conan found better answer, of Will. MAN have will supersede flesh and steel.
>>
>>44925451
The Whistling sword
A shortsword that when drawn casts a free ghost sound within a range of 30ft, the player can choose where the sound emenates from but it is always a whistling
>>
> Sword of Bloody Hands
> Cross guard has spikes pointing down towards the user
>Handle is actually a short blade with runes on it
>The "blade" is just a giant baseball bat-shaped rubber section also with runes
>Due to the shape of the "blade" it requires a bit of force to pull the sword out of its sheath
>The more the user hurts himself with the sword, the more damage it inflicts with the rubber blade
> Also provides a small damage boost to the user for a short time after being stabbed
>The more damage it can deal, the more the runes glow
> If the user damages someone/thing else with the sword's blade-hilt, it receives the damage boost and the sword still gets its glowing damage boost
>>
>>44927355
Sounds like Slaanesh influence
>>
>>44925451
It is a healing sword. However in order to heal, the wielder must make his cut over the wound perfectly.

The current wielder of this blade is renown as the greatest swordsman in the world, able to heal even the most shallow of papercuts with a great and precise swing of blade.

Also good for winning debates by making a cut through mouth and 'healing' the gap between the lips.
>>
>>44925451
Speak the true name of a person whose blood the magic sword has tasted, and you will see that person's reflection in the gleaming steel. This reflection will answer any three questions honestly, to the best of the knowledge the relevant person had at the last time the sword cut them.
>>
Gambler's Healing Knife
Deals 1d4 damage and heals 1d4 damage.
>>
Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d4)

>>44931834
>>
+1
>>
A sword that draws power from the wielder's BAC.

Sober, it's just an ordinary sword albeit well-crafted.

Buzzed, it glows with a dim aura and has enhanced cutting power.

Drunk, it glows brightly and can fire energy blasts similar to the Master Sword in Link to the Past.

Hammered, it has the above powers plus is now capable of cutting through any nonmagical material as effortlessly as a hot knife through warm butter. Stone, steel, ultra-reinforced unobtanium, it doesn't matter.

Totally blackout shitfaced to the point you won't remember a single thing tomorrow, it burns with a blinding aura, becomes semi-sapient, and takes over your mind to turn you into a berserk killing machine with superhuman speed that does not stop and does not feel pain or remorse or fear until anything you identify as an enemy is diced into fine chunks. You then pass out.
>>
>>44926203
Soul Calibur?
>>
Sword of the Quest-smith.

This sword has two features. First, it forges the body of the wielder into the form most fitting for them to achieve whatever they quest for. Second, the sword reshapes itself into the ideal blade to help complete the quest.

Want to be the world's greatest warrior? You are a half-orc giant with an unbreakable claymore. Want to be a great wizard? You are an elderly mage with a spell-blade. Want to be a CEO of a highly successful enterprise? You are the stereotype of an 80's businessman with a letter opener. Want to be the little girl? You are a little girl with a butter knife perfect for spreading sweet spreads across your various adorable foods.

This all actually occurs over a period of weeks. You know, so the adventurer knows what they are getting into.
>>
>>44925451
A sword imbued with Necromantic power. Has 2 effects.

1. Any living humanoid killed by the blade is shortly thereafter raised as a zombie under the control of whomever currently wields the blade.

2. Any corpse with the blade embedded in it is either raised as an intelligent undead or becomes intelligent and becomes immune to magical control effects if it was already undead. If the blade is removed, the zombie loses all intelligence and becomes as if it under the 1st effect.

The zombie under the 2nd effect technically wields the blade and so controls all the other zombies under the 1st effect.
>>
>>44925451
Parasite: Rapier with demonic runes. Upon a successful hit, the target makes a Will save with DC equal to damage dealt/3 +5 for each occurrence of the Will save in the same encounter. Failure of the will save results in an imp resembling a larval wasp (level equal to user's level/2 +Charisma modifier/2) being implanted in the wound. The creature utilizes a full round attack on each of its turns for three turns before escaping the wound as a matured demonic wasp (+3 to all the Imp's stats) and continuing the fight. The demon leaves the user's service after the encounter, but is not hostile to the user unless provoked.

I am terrible at writing crunch.
>>
>>44931969
What happens when a Slav gets ahold of this thing?

"0.914 is the world record for highest-ever recorded BAC that did not result in death. A 67 year-old Bulgarian man wandered into a hospital after being hit by a truck and they checked his BAC with multiple instruments, thinking that their equipment must be faulty"

For reference, normal humans have a 50/50 shot when BAC gets around .4, which would be a bit beyond the "Blackout shitfaced to the point you won't remember" phase.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 1200x600px
>>44926777
>Divine trips
WITNESSED!
>>
>>44925699
I really like this idea. Instant KO weapon.
>>
>>44925451
>Cleaver of the fourth wall

Every time it's used against another player successfully, the wielder gets to reach across the table and slap the victim across the face.
>>
File: Meanwhile-In-Russia-50.jpg (91KB, 680x457px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile-In-Russia-50.jpg
91KB, 680x457px
>>44932218
>.914 BAC
...What the flying fuck, Slavs.
>>
>>44927821
What about women with masculine vaginas
>>
>>44927427
Sounds like Sesshomaru's sword, Tenseiga.
>>
File: 1453417408369.jpg (58KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453417408369.jpg
58KB, 450x450px
>>44925451
1d8+Humanity level fire damage on hit
+1 dex
>>
>>44925451
I still find it hilarious how the most bland-looking sword in the setting is the most broken one.
>>
Sword of Song

Causes the user to sing in combat uncontrollably.
Songs inspire allies to +1
+2 if you're a bard
>>
>>44934074
>humanity level
>fire damage
No kindred would ever fucking use that, how awful
>>
a sword with something like holographic targeting could be interesting, shows you where to swing to hit accurately etc but your foe can see the targeting too, so a skilled user could have the targeting system aim for one spot and then instead attack another to catch an opponent off guard.
>>
>>44934398
however if your not a bard enemies get +3 because of how stupid you look.
>>
The Singing Sword

Rather than make a beautiful sound as it's swung, it instead literally sings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8wBfDtZkE
>>
File: Saxon sword and helmet.jpg (183KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
Saxon sword and helmet.jpg
183KB, 640x495px
>>44925451
Nid - The sword of shame

Nid is an NE artefact, whosoever takes it from it's previous owner inherits it's curse - the sword will not depart until it has killed the person dearest to you.

As a weapon, Nid has a formidable enhancement bonus, can enhance your ability to make opportunity attacks, seemingly seizing control of your arm in order to make otherwise impossible strikes, and can also be used as a spell casting implement, with the weapon's enhancement bonus applied to spells as a wand or other implement.

It is possessed of a malign intelligence, but initially appears harmless.

It has the power to instil greed in men, and make them desire it.
>>
>>44925451
Sentient and lawful good aligned
Does fuck-huge large amounts of damage but you have to convince it to hurt someone. Every swing. Otherwise, it will heal the target instead.
Sounds like someone the user greatly respects, admires and/or loves.
>>
>>44925451
Although it's not a sword, Womb Dagger is a /tg/ made enchanted item.
>>
I wonder how, in a fantasy setting, that you would actually produce a magic sword.

Would you use magic materials?
Would there be a midway step in the forging process that puts magic into it?
Do you simply bless, enchant or inscribe runes of power into the finished product?
>>
weapon of opposition.
it deal +1D6 elemental damage, and the element is strictly the opposite of the enemy.
if enemy wield a fire weapon, the weapon of opposition will deal +1D6 ice damage.
if you face an ice elemental, it will deal fire damage, and so on.
if there is no specific element the weapon deal the last element used.
if brand new, it will deal ice damage (versus the forge's fire)
>>
File: IMG_20140811_170938627.jpg (759KB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140811_170938627.jpg
759KB, 2432x4320px
>>44931969
>>44932218
Sword looks like this
>>
File: coward.png (60KB, 290x600px) Image search: [Google]
coward.png
60KB, 290x600px
known only as Coward, this magic sword grants unparalleled strength but only when the owner is in situation from which the person cannot flee
>>
>>44925451
It shoots fireballs

Auctualy make that firebolts
>>
>>44938423
What if it shoots fireballs/firebolts from the tip of the hilt instead of from the blade? I could see a wizard blacksmith selling it at a discount price due to this slight production oversight.
>>
>>44928284
You might as well rename the thing Bismuth
>>
>>44934872
No.
>>
File: fightfu.jpg (147KB, 787x1015px) Image search: [Google]
fightfu.jpg
147KB, 787x1015px
>>44927427
I remeber making such training swords in Morrowind. Since it was healing wounds after dmg was dealt, I can see it being used by blood knight character as way to make fights longer and more dificult and risky.
Also it's energy was capped so it would run out of juice during fight eventually.
>>
>>44928644
This kinda reminds me of the Abhorsen series.
>>
>>44932083
I actually really like this one.
>>
I have the one thats better than yours.
>>
>>44936231
Depends on the setting
>>
>Lizard's Tail
A flamberge type Longsword. Despite being rigid and hardy in all other regards, only upon delivering a critically accurate thrust that pierces a target, attempting to pull the waved-blade away will have it cleanly snap in half. The sad victim of this attack will find that the half of the magic blade plunged inside of them will be difficult to remove and cause continued aggravated internal damage.

Reduced to the size and overall effectiveness of a Shortsword after snapping in half, the Lizard's Tail will remarkably regrow its length of iron from seemingly nothing over a twelve to twenty-four hour period. The previous "tail" of iron that snaps off appears to erode and vanish at the same rate, leaving no trace of itself after a day passes.
>>
>>44925451
I don't know, something like the sword learns your moves and fighting style and then passes it on to the next one to use it?
>>
>>44938624
i like it
>>
Sword of Fire

Sword sets the user on fire. But the fire does not hurt them. The fire sets other people on fire how ever.
>>
>>44927341
Why use a Katana when you have a perfectly good long sword?
>>
>>44948704
*teleports behind you*
Nothing personnel, kiddo
>>
File: I'm skeleton.png (62KB, 297x173px) Image search: [Google]
I'm skeleton.png
62KB, 297x173px
>>44948790
*Its a hologram*
>>
>>44948900
*y-you too*
>>
>>44928515
The sword has no handle, only more blade.
>>
>>44925451
The sword can change in length from 0.2m upto 20m without it affecting the users ability to fight (swing time, weapon balance, damage on hit etc.)
>>
>>44925451
A normal sword at first glance, perhaps it holds its edge just a bit longer, or cuts a bit deeper than its peers.
Its true value is unnoticed until its wielder confronts a wizard or other caster and the blade cuts through their magical barriers.
>>
>Wrought Blade
When this blade causes a wound, it fills the wound with molten iron (after the wword leaves the wound).
>>
a sword that treats every wound it makes as a papercut

a sword that "cuts" by convincing the target, animate or inanimate that it has been cut

a sword that knows how to parry attacks really well and will help the user defend easier, but is bad on the offensive and will make an attack clumsier and less likely to hit

a sword that glows when pointed north

a dagger that absorbs most of the impact, making it able for its wielder to block greatswords with one hand, but due to the size of the blade harder to actually pull it off

a sword that, when used to cut someone, damages a random someone else anywhere in the same plane

>>44949414
nice, i might have to steal this one
>>
A sword that, when pointed outward, will shoot sharp rays of magic energy the width of the blade.
Like a machine gun.
If swinging the sword while using this effect, the wielder can send energy out in a spraying pattern.
>>
>>44949609
>a sword that knows how to parry attacks really well and will help the user defend easier, but is bad on the offensive and will make an attack clumsier and less likely to hit

That would be a great idea for duel wielding sword!
>>
Sword of Magnetism
Major:
Has advantage to hit on enemies wearing metal armour
If an enemy is wearing metal armour this sword does half bludgeoning damage on a hit
Minor:
pulls weilder north
>>
>>44950153
>"roll reflex! quick!"
>you barely evade a piece of scrap metal flying towards you
>you look at where it came from
>get to the sudden realisation there's a junkyard nearby
>literal tons of scrap coming to greet you

NOPE
inb4 that's not how it works, magic magnets aint gotta explain shit
>>
File: leliel top leliel_1.png (102KB, 257x294px) Image search: [Google]
leliel top leliel_1.png
102KB, 257x294px
>>44925451

The blade of the sword is an illusion cast by a powerful extra-dimensional material. This results in the physical blade simply passing through targets and doing no damage. Rather, it is the blade's shadow that does harm; when the shadow of the sword strikes the shadow of a person, they find themselves brutally cut. Incidentally, this makes the blade incredibly powerful at dusk when shadows are long, but very weak in bright light or complete darkness.
>>
this sword has the magical power of bumping a thread
>>
>>44950461
You do realize that when physical blade connects to its target the shadows also connect, right?
>>
>>44951472

In most cases, but not necessarily. If a light source is in between the sword and the target, then it won't. If it's complete darkness then it can't, because there's no light to cast a shadow.
>>
>>44925451
The famed sword of a band of 13 knights. Their unbreakable oaths cause 12 ghostly duplicates of their blades to circle and guard the wielder. The wielder can also command any or all of the individual swords to guard someone else nearby instead.
Otherwise, it's a workmanlike weapon, with little ornamentation and practical construction.
>>
>>44925451
A fearsome, wide-bladed chopping sword with an ornate handle worked with skull designs, and screaming faces in the fold patterns on the blade. The user can wield it with unnatural grace and precision, despite looking like it weighs a good 15 pounds.
It's actually just a hilt, and the illusionary blade harms people with the power of suggestion. It deals increased damage to frightened people and anyone given cause to believe that the blade is more fearsome than it is, say the wielder using stage magic to cut down a tree with one swing.
>>
File: 51eROvllggL._SL1000_.jpg (22KB, 382x395px) Image search: [Google]
51eROvllggL._SL1000_.jpg
22KB, 382x395px
>The Tornado Edge

This is all you see at first glance. A hilt with no blade.

Picking it up you hear the roar of a tornado as the hilt generates a supersonic looping current of air in the shape of a blade. Like a tornado, the blade is invisible until it touches dirt or other fine debris, which gets sucked into the current and makes the shape visible.

Any special materials caught in the current confer their properties to the weapon's attack--sweep the blade across powdered silver and it'll be especially harmful to werewolves, etc.

With enough training you can eventually learn how to use the weapon to do things like launch arrows back towards the shooter, generate air currents to push and pull things from a distance, pick people up with the sword, and other fun tricks.

Earplugs are advised.
>>
>>44952674
no bad
>>
>The Mightiest Sword
This sword also operates as a pen.
>>
>>44954618
10/10

Sword of Might?
>>
>>44925451
A sword that gets exponentially more powerful for every person's life you take with it.
But in order to invoke this amazing power, you must recite the name of every person you've killed with the blade, in correct order, before attacking.
Failing to do so results in the sword acting as harmful as a rusting, blunt, bronze sword.

You must recite all of the names for the effect to happen; if you've killed 10 people, you can't just say the first 3 names and "settle" for 3x damage, for example.
It quickly becomes overpowered, but just for a moment before it becomes so obtuse to use properly that it becomes obsolete.
>>
File: 1447283410952.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1447283410952.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>44955232
>rust
>bronze
>>
>>44955179
Sounds more like a Sword of Right.
>>
>>44952674
I too play Soul Calibur 2.
>>
>>44951472
You can connect shadows without connecting physically. That's the point of the blade you cuck>>44951751
>>
>>44948704
'tis in fact a very old meme.
>>
>>44925451
The Hilt is enchanted only

The hilt can produce different blades of lengths and sizes

You broke my longsword? Oh well fuck you its a sabre now
>>
File: legendary artifact.jpg (100KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
legendary artifact.jpg
100KB, 600x610px
One of these days, the sord is gonna turn up in one of my games.
>>
File: friendship.jpg (202KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
friendship.jpg
202KB, 760x596px
Sword of Friendship
Charm person, then stab the cunts!
>>
>Bloodstained Dial
This sword is said to have been made by a chronomancer from the future, and has an uncanny resemblance to a clock arm. When swinging it, you may suspend the attack in time until a determined moment, when the slash is mysteriously replicated.

>Mirror Shard
Despite the blade looking to be entirely made out of a reflective glass surface, it is surprisingly durable. A reflection of the blade follows it, as if held by the mirror image of the wielder.

>Iron Compulsion
This slender weapon has a handle covered in purple ribbons that trail after it. Wounds caused by it feel pleasurable instead of painful, sending victims into ecstasy as they are about to meet their end, begging for more. Wielders who accidentally hurt themselves have a tendency to die shortly after.
>>
File: 1400516781044.jpg (625KB, 1084x2167px) Image search: [Google]
1400516781044.jpg
625KB, 1084x2167px
Shocked to not see this somewhere.

Providing for anyone that wants to use
>>
>>44958987

Death and poison combo with haste seem good, but it's the sort that I would hate to have if I get swarmed. Drain too is situationnal.

I mean, most of the others are damages based.
You can get more damage, or more DPS, up to 225% with various combo.
Of them, worst with demon + flamme, as it give a 300% dmg first hit then decrease, and the best is
Fire + diamond as it is a 300% dps buff.

blood and ethereal seem the best all around, if armor is % based and superior to 50% reduction. Steady heal. and disregard ennemy armor. If you have plenty of armor yourself, it mean that you will be a unkillable armored machine with reliable damage.
>>
>>44958641
Gotta be careful with old memes
They might break
>>
One-Drop Epee of Fourteen Words, commonly known as "Waspbane".
>>
File: 9-Ring Broadsword.jpg (203KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
9-Ring Broadsword.jpg
203KB, 1000x750px
Has 9 ring slots. Go nuts.
>>
>>44925451
Coup de Grace when used against non-kender targets.
>>
>>44958747
that last panel kinda ruins it
>>
>>44927341
Underrated post.
>>
>>44925451
Woundhealer, whenever someone is cut by it all other wounds heal. Still hurts though.

yes it's stolen but all the swords in those books are fucking cool except Shieldbreaker it's an OP piece of shit
>>
>>44927355
Reminds me of Umbra from TES
>>
>>44925451
Sword of Purifying Light

When held aloft, it creates an area of bright light for 500 feet in every direction. All creatues in this area are subject to 1 point of Radiant damage per turn. Holding this sword gives the wielder resistance to Radiant damage.

These were mass produced in the age of heroes, because the resistance immunized them to everyone else, so the army just all held these up and charged, dealing thousands of damage per turn to everyone not wielding one. And they still almost got wiped out by the demons
>>
File: blue ghost sword.jpg (51KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
blue ghost sword.jpg
51KB, 650x487px
Ghost-Pact
When this sword is drawn, the wielder falls unconscious, still clinging to the sword. Their ghost-form, also equipped with the sword in their hand, is released from their body.

While in ghost form, the user can fly and go through objects.

The ghost form does force damage and can only be targeted by magical weapons (non-magical weapons have disadvantage) and magical attacks. The ghost is considered undead.

The user's ghost and physical body share an HP pool. Any damage taken by the body is also taken by the ghost and vice versa.

When the blade is sheathed (even in ghost-form), the user's body will also unconsciously sheathe it and the ghost will go back into the body, waking the player up.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.