[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Become The Vampire Quest 32

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 13

File: OP Image.png (115KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115KB, 894x894px
Become The Vampire 32

As you stand before your carefully constructed summoning circle in the sport equipment shed, ready to complete the spell to summon Tellarie's victim, you think back on the last two days. It's been kind of weird, overall, and not just because they've been relatively calm. There's been this weird feeling in the back of your mind like everything is going according to a plan you thought up ages ago and forgot all about.

Things with Sammy have been getting better. She's finally getting over her jealousy after realizing what happened to Jennifer, and it's helped her insecurities a lot now that the perceived rivalry is gone. She's been getting along better with her mother as well, and her renewed cheerfulness has made things more pleasant between you.

Jennifer on the other hand has been a source of irritation and frustration since becoming a teacher. Not specifically through her own doing, mind you. It's mostly the reaction of the students. It's like she's being paid based on how many students she fails, and the combination of her strict demeanor and nearly-scandalous outfit choices has lead to some of the male students becoming infatuated with her. Toby, in particular, seems drawn to her, and in the interest of not revealing your connection to her you've sat in silence while he gushes about his crush on her to you.

Tobias has also been nagging you to agree to come to the next meeting of the occult club next week. Bradley is preparing something for the eve of the new moon, a few hours before you're due to meet with Tellarie. You've been trying to make sure that the timing won't mess anything up for your deal to advance your blood magic before you agree to anything, and you have a strange feeling that something is going to go wrong. It probably has to do with Angie's prediction that Bradley will die sometime next week, and it makes you hesitant to go to the event.
>>
Your magic training has been going fairly smoothly. Angie's slow hinting and mentoring at night combined with your own experimentation has led to a few small explosions around the school yard in the dead of night, one mutant cat and a crude telekinesis spell that only moves things to the left, relative to your perspective. It needs work, but it's your first rune magic spell that hasn't blown anything up, which makes it a solid basis for future work. The secret, you've realized, is in over-analyzing every last detail to the limits of what you can consider, all the possibilities your mind can conceive.

History class has been particularly fun, mainly because Catherine is coming out of her shell a bit. The pair of you have been working together in class to get everyone else in character for the roleplay events, as well as exploiting people who aren't taking things too seriously now to establish a broader power base later. Catherine continues to deny any sort of deviousness on her part, citing examples from novels that she's basing her tactics on.

Every evening you've been playing games with Athena and Meliora, when they aren't off patrolling the school or dealing with various issues. Falling asleep in the same bed as Athena felt a little off to you after spending the last two weeks on and off sleeping beside Sammy and Jennifer, but her love of her pillow fort led to her sleeping inside her comfy castle after being tucked in and read a bedtime story. You just told her your favorite one two hours ago, one your dad used to tell you when you were younger. She liked it a lot, and made up an extended ending for it.
>>
The vampires haven't been making much fuss lately, and have been giving you the cold shoulder a bit, which you guess is to be expected. You haven't had much to worry about in terms of supernatural shenanigans, although Presence has been nagging you on and off about hunting down the vampire who killed her. You've yet to come up with a suitable strategy for picking out her murderer and eliminating them. You'll probably have to pull a vampire-level manipulation to pull it off.

You look at the glowing circle on the floor and check your phone. One minute to midnight. You brace yourself for what's about to happen, your hands starting to move on their own. You grab the knife you brought with you and slice into your palm, just deep enough to get blood flowing, and you let the first drops fall into the circle as you chant. The spell comes from somewhere deep inside you, pouring out through your mouth and into the circle before you.

The air around you begins to feel thick and heavy, and the floor beneath the circle turns black as the symbols you marked out turn pale, and then stark white. The drops of blood form into a single black lump that begins to swell and twist, and you take a step back. With a single word you can cancel the summoning and send the devil back into the pit, and in an hour that word will erupt from your mouth on its own, so you sit back and watch the lump twist, writhe and swell into the form of a brutish figure, nearly eight feet tall and clad in a drab black clock and sections of ruined armor.

“You have great skill to have summoned me, human. Tell me your desires, and I, the mighty Velkinshar, will grant them to you. Do you desire a nation to bow before you? A worthy foe destroyed? Or do you wish to make war against the heavens themselves?”
>>
You know that he can't leave the circle or interact with you unless you wish it, but you also know that dealing with devils is risky business. You take a moment to collect your thoughts before proceeding.

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/YMGdCy7Q
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.

>Kick back for an hour, let Tellarie ruin his shit and be done with it.
>Negotiate with Velkinshar, maybe you'll get a better deal here
>Reveal Tellarie's plot to seize power, earn brownie points
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44902385
>>Negotiate with Velkinshar, maybe you'll get a better deal here
We need to make it seem like we're interested at least. Be sure to use that rune magic minutiae we've worked on for every angle of his offers.
>>
>>44902385
Nothing says we have to go through with if we speak in hypotheticals. Might as well see what's what
>>
>>44902385
>"I'm still window shopping, actually. Why don't you give me a rundown of what you can do, a highlights reel." Listen to everything he has to say with a critical ear. Let him talk himself through the hour. If he seems like he's unwilling, mention there's another demon named "teller dreary or some shit like that" who was much more accommodating.
>>
>>44902385
>>
Schmooze roll plus Persuade, +2
Smarts roll, +0
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44902820
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44902820
smarts
>>44902857
schmooze
>>
Rolled 20 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44902820
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44902979
That should be +2, clearly.

>>44902820
Smarts
>>
19 int and 22 schmooze with chance crit. We need 1 more roller.
>>
>>44902892
>>44902979
Channeling the power of Aizen up in here
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44902820
Schmoozeness
>>
>>44903246
Frack forgot the +2.
>>
Need 1 more smarts guys. Still might get a 20.

Also BTQM when will BTDQ return?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44902820
Smarts
>>
>>44902820
Smarts
>>
Uh, maybe i should read what happend lest thread. Was so pissed because of Jenny that stopped reading.
>>
"Let's hear what you have to offer then."

Velkinshar seems a little perplexed for a moment, as if presuming that you already knew his capabilities before summoning him, before laughing it off.

"Of course, I must dispel any rumors of weakness first. You have read the Black Scroll of Stamess, surely, so you know of my defeat at the hands of that wretched Knight. Since then I have acquired many items that protect me from divine powers, and my might grows daily. I am the overseer of three hundred lesser devils and an army of damned souls numbering nearly one thousand strong. I can offer all of that and more. My own personal strength is second to none."

You spend the next few minutes exchanging offers back and forth while trying to get more information. He's a devil of wrath, and he draws his power from brutal and violent conflict. The more needless and violent, the more power he gains and the higher the reward. Events like wars, genocides and serial killings are his personal favorites, since they also leave behind powerful trinkets for his collection.

>Organize a blood magic pact for the new moon
>Wait out the hour
>Barter for some tools
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44903556
In what sense?
>>
>>44903609
>>Barter for some tools
but mostly as a tactic too
>Wait out the hour
unless he has a REALLY good deal.
>>
>>44903609
>Barter for some tools
If we can scam a few knick knacks out of him, all the better.

Though he wouldn't necessarily be a bad demon to contract, assuming we can do like we did with Tellarie and do things that are *technically* what he's after, but not in a bad way (e.g. breaking up people in (abusive) relationships for lust, beating the shit out of and killing people (who deserve it) for wrath).
>>
>>44903609
>Barter for some tools
>>
>>44903683
I support this one. Stalling while gaining Intel is good move
>>
>>44903609
Go mathematical on him. What sort of growth is he looking at for the next decade? The next century? Does he have a history to back that up? What about vengeance, or even black crusades (crusades supposedly done for a good cause but are actually carried out for the benefits of a few people)? Does he have anything pertaining to our interests in immortality?
>>
Schmooze roll plus Persuade, +2
Let's see what sort of deal you can draft up.
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44903816
>>
>>44903629
Got mad because she got controlled by the school. But i stopped in the middle of reading so i should have read more into it before leaving. I was salty. I'm not proud of myself but it is what happend. Now i will be going to the archives.
>>
>>44903825
Ah, gotcha
>>
>>44903629
It felt sort of like railroading, especially sinxe we had just told sammy we weren't giving up our claim on jenny.

I understand you wanted to move the story along, but it felt rather heavy handed.
>>
>>44903879
Makes sense though. The school can't have teachers knocking boots with students, and since werewolves would heal off any protection runes, they'd need a way to override her if she got mindfucked.
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44903816
>>
>>44903918
But it doesn't really fit the personality QM had written for Jennifer. Sammy's the one that runs from her problems, Jennifer manages them.
>>
>>44903974
The school made the collar and "enslavement" mandatory. We pushed her to taking the job, and frankly she knows this is her only real option right now since Oliver isn't leaving the area. The memory erasal was mandatory too, the dean just offered to negate it after explaining all the pain it'd cause her.
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44903816

>>44903974
I honestly just want to solve the Wolfe clan's problems and be done with them. Weak personalitied women have no attraction to me.
>>
>>44903974
Yeah, she manage several problems.
She set herself for protection not dependent on anyone but the school and herself
She backed off from Oliver in a way that he knew she would be safe while also giving Oliver time to come to terms with how he feels about everyone in his life.
It was a very practical solution. Also the being controlled bit kinda plays to her fetishes AND she doesn't have to remember any of it.
Lastly it only lasts a couple of months then she is back to normal.
>>
>>44904048
>Weak personalitied women
Mate have you been reading this quest?
>>
>>44904084
>>44904057
>>44904042
Sorry, maybe personalitied was the wrong word. All she's done is hide from her problems and give Sammy a chance to get closer. She didn't have to lose the memories, she could have settled for orders to show absolutely no favoritism in anything related to the school.
All she did was run away. I'm not interested.
>>
>>44904177
She, by school rules couldn't have anything to do with us given we've had sexual relations in the past. She's not hiding, she's doing what she can to fix her problems. Remember that the erasal was mandatory, up until we changed the dean's mind. Even then he was going to use it to cause maximum heartache between us anyways. if you can't read eldritch abomination subtext i'm sorry.
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44903816
Smoozeness + persuade

Angie is still the best girl.
>>
After several rounds of back and forth negotiation, during which the only reason you're not completely on the back foot is that you're in charge of sealing the deal, you manage to figure out a deal that makes a vague sort of sense in terms of fairness. Five fingers from different people, taken by force, in return for a ring that weakens the power of nearby divine beings and makes harming them easier. All the other deals are too much in his favor to even be remotely fair, but his silver tongue makes them appealing until you think about them.

"So, do we have a deal? What do you say?"

>Sure thing
>It doesn't really sound like my kind of thing
>Maybe, but I'm not sure. Rain check?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44904177
>>44904057 here
That's legit, I just felt a need to state why I think what she did was in character to me
>>
>>44904241
>She, by school rules couldn't have anything to do with us given we've had sexual relations in the past
Says what? That wasn't mentioned anywhere by QM, Fenright just said they took steps to insure no students got shown favoritism.
And the Dean doesn't understand human emotion, he wouldn't have let us talk to jennifer if he wanted heartache.
>>
>>44904304
>>
>>44904304
Any time limit on that deal?
Because I'm pretty sure that we're going to fight enough people we're okay with doing that to soonish.
>>
>>44904304
>>It doesn't really sound like my kind of thing
>>
>>44904304
>>
>>44904314
Because you're not supposed to fuck your students, especially when they are underage dipshit. Word would get out and human authorities would have a hey day.

>points out exactly how much heartache it would cause
>says it can't into human emotions
What is lying?

>>44904304
>>44904341
backing
>>
>>44904334
>>44904347
>>44904349
Reminder that Zeke is an asshole that wants to kill our daughteru and a divine being.
>>
>>44904314
The dean understands emotion, just enough to use it as a tool for negotiations but not enough for genuine empathy. It's like understanding how gravity works but not ballistics and trajectories. Basic, practical knowledge.
>>
>>44904307
I agree with him, Jennifer's been written as too much of a realist for a head-in-the-sand solution.
Sammy's the personality type to ignore a problem and hope it goes away.
>>
>>44904304
>>Other (write-in)
Make question about specifict topics of the contract make him thing you want to be in his good side saying things like.

"So when you say grab five fingers you mean i have to take it by force or can i make a fake deal with then and MAKE THEM give me their fingers? Bottom line what i'm asking is can i make people unknowling give me or sacrifice their fingers or do i have to take it by force? Because i'm cool with either just trying to know how you want this thing done."
>>
>>44904363
Reminder that we signed a contract, and never did look at what the terms would be if we broke it. And if we don't break it, this guy is going to lose the majority of his power to Tellarie.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

The wolfe girl's are all shit. Only fish girl and Angie are the cool girls.

Dice gods agree with me.
>>
>>44904304
We signed a contract before a divine witness. Let's keep our word. We can always summon him again, afterwards.
>>
>>44904433
That may work out in our faavor. If we fulfill our side but he cant/won't do his we might get over a barrell
>>
>>44904363
Aren't we just distracting this shitlord so our demon can go on his back and fuck his shit?
>>
>>44904395
How the fuck is this head in the sand?
>>
>>44904478
Yeah, but if we can snag a contract for a ring that's useful to us while doing so, that's profit.
>>
"I'm gonna have to pass on that one for now, it's not really my thing at the moment. Maybe in the future."

The devil falls silent and just stares at you.

"Then why have you summoned me? Knowing what I am, why am I here?"

>Say nothing
>Lie, make something up
>Someone asked me to, they didn't say why
>To fuck with you
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44904491
>"I just kind of slapped a bunch of random runes together to see what would happen."
>>
>>44904457
>Only fish girl and Angie are the cool girls.
>Implying our daughterus aren't reason enough to finish this quest
>Implying Lily wouldn't be our best ally, if we could only find some way to guarantee her loyalty.

But we should let Catherine know we're on the same side of the veil as her, at some point.
>>
>>44904491
>Lie, make something up
Ask him if he plays cards.
>>
>>44904491
>>44904547
Seconded.
Discuss gambling strategies with him.
>>
>>44904491
>Lie, make something up
Shopping around seeing who would deal well and who wouldn't. Cards?
>>
>>44904433
I'm pretty sure making a new contract isn't a violation of the existent contract since hashing out the fine details would help with the whole "distracting him for an hour" thing.

Losing his power sucks for him, but we have a contract and he'd either A. still have the ring somehow or B. not have the ring and have to do or give something of even greater value to avoid whatever horrible fate causes demons to actually take contracts seriously.
>>
>>44904491
>>44904565
I don't mean we break the circle and play cards now. I mean we talk about it and ask if he'd be interested in playing with us and a divine being for minor, personally embarrassing memories.
>>
>>44904491
Write-in
"Honestly I saw your name on a bathroom stall. It Said "for a good time, summon.."
>>
>>44904636
>A magus, an angel and a devil walk into a dream and start playing poker...
>>
>>44904491
>>44904547

I'll give this a solid third, QM
>>
>>44904304
>>It doesn't really sound like my kind of thing

Nice try bitch
>>
You grab a rack of basketballs and knock a few off to make a seat, sitting down in the empty space.

"Honestly I just wanted to play some cards. Poker, probably. Are you any good?"

Velkinshar just stares at you for a few moments.

"Ha. Haha. Very funny. You are messing with me. This is a joke. A powerful sorcerer has summoned and bound me to play cards?"

You nod.

"Yep. I'm an easily bored powerful sorcerer. I'd like to play some poker with you. For fun, not for any genuine sort of bet. I'm trying to beat an angel, and I need pointers."

The several moments are full of deafening screams and Velkinshar pounding the walls of his magical prison, thrashing and ramming his shoulder into it in an attempt to reach you and rip your throat out, in his own words. You sit and watch him, idly considering the possibility that he might escape.

>Run away
>Try to calm him down
>Offer to play for keeps, a decent wager
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44904903
I like the aesthetic of playing card games against supernatural beings for power.
>>
>>44904903
>Other (write-in)
Ask him if he thinks that will actually work, since said angel helped double check the spell that I used to summon and bind him
>>
>>44904903
>>Try to calm him down

I'm playing a fucking angel of death dude. I NEED practice.
>>
>>44904903
>>Other (write-in)
You need to learn to relax, no wonder your underlings want to raid your secret cache of goodies.
While shuffling cards
Provided we are near the end of the hour
>>
>>44904903
>Try to calm him down
>>
>>44904903
>"If you win, I'll take you up on that five finger discount."
>>
>>44904903

Oliver you are the demons. If we go to hell we should totally become a gamble demon.
>>
>>44904903
>Try to calm him down
And this
>>44904937
>>44904930
We've been a cheeky fuck for a while now, might as well keep it up.
>>
>>44904903
>>44904952
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>44904955
Probably a subtype of greed demon.
>>
Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
Schmooze roll plus Persuade, +1
Luck roll
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Smarts
>>
Oh, but first, what are you willing to wager?
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Smarts

If we cross the circle he's gonna kill us, but oh well. I guess a fight to the death will delay him too.
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Schmooze roll plus Persuade.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Smarts

>>44905064

We'll tell him if he wins, we'll make his deal
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44905045
Luck

>>44905069
We can deal over the circle.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44905045
luck
>>44905064
The stake we killed Vanessa with.
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44905045
Smarts
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44905045
Luck

>>44905100
In some universes, crossing the plane of the circle with anything from the outside breaks it.
>>
>>44905064
This:
>>44905091
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44905111
God dammit Oliver is so fucking lucky

>>44905045
luck.
>>
>>44905064
Probably doing some kind of wrathful thing to empower him, like that five fingers thing he mentioned earlier.

I have a few ideas, but I don't want to give him ideas.
>>
>>44905058
Well, if you can't be smart (12)
>>44905083
Or charming (11)
>>44905111
Be lucky (18)

>>44905064
Making the deal we turned down earlier.
>>
>>44905168
rules of life.
>>
Did Angie ever give us that present she had planned? I can't remember.
>>
>>44905506
I don't think so.
>>
>>44905506
If she did i don't remember it.
>>
Something has come up, back shortly.
>>
>>44905622
Take your time, I just started reading.
>>
>>44905622
Go on, we will be waiting.
>>
Something must have really happend.
>>
>>44907074
Hopefully nothing terrible,
>>
>>44907074
I'm going to put a bet on canine-related emergency.
>>
>>44907307
Dammit Sammy and Jennifer
>>
Back now, writing. Long story short, stepbrother is incredibly high and broke part of the porch and got his leg caught.
>>
>>44907307
>>44907373

I chuckled and became sad.. My cat is in the vet right now...
>>
>>44907474
My dog has to get his leg amputated tomorrow.
>>
>>44907483
Sorry to hear that man. That's harsh.
>>
>>44907462
So, did Angie never give us our gift or are we all being stupid simultaneously?
>>
>>44907574
Angie offered you something else in return in place of the gift, coaching on dealing with devils. You've been focusing on rune magic with her though.
>>
>>44907462
Hope your step brother is okay.

Also you should probably hide his stash.
>>
>>44907694
She offered just doing the blood magic thing for us instead of the demons as something we could have instead of the gift. The coaching was never implied to mean we don't get the gift as far as I can recall.
>>
>>44907483
>>44907474
Hope your pets will be okay.
>>
>>44907694
She did that for free, and was getting us a gift.
>>
>>44907694
Tsc...i would prefere something else from her. But i guess Oliver is only after the wolfe girl's fluffly tail.

Also you should hear this anon:
>>44907718
>>
>>44907837
Hi silver
>>
>>44907930
Your fail your spot check. I'm NOT!Silver. Silver doesn't like Angie if i remember correctly.
>>
>>44907968
To be fair, asking sexual favors (which is the most likely implication of that post) of Angie would be something that someone who wants to think any potential the Angie ship would've had would do.
>>
>>44908016
>think
Sink. Sink any potential the Angie ship had.

I'm very tired.
>>
>>44908016
Well, Angie's still willing to do w/e with us in our lucid dreams. I'm just worried how that might translate to physical reactions.

That awkward moment when Athena wakes up before us and asks about Oliver's morning wood. I honestly have no idea how to handle that situation.
>>
>>44908125
>Angie's still willing to do w/e with us in our lucid dreams
As I understand it, that would just be a shell maintained solely by our consciousness, rather than an expression of her self, as per what she would've done if the lust demon had tried anything.
>>
>>44908165
Wouldn't be surprised if angels were required to maintain purity.
>>
>>44908050
The only way I see the Angie ship sailing is if we bind her to us instead of heaven, much the way Drac did with his reaper. I think we've been painting Dracula too much the villian, when we know nothing about him except third hand sources. For all we know, his reaper could be happy now that it doesn't have to serve heaven. And he disappeared because his kids started fighting. That doesn't sound like a despotic monster to me. He could just be an old noble who didn't want to see his loved obes die

>>44908165
>>44908220
I dunno. She only mentioned that when Tellarie was wanting to take her. She has lightly flirted with Oliver several times, and never directly said she'd be leaving the shell if it was Oliver. She's the one who brought up the whole sex in dreams thing in the first place, and I'm pretty sure she used personal pronouns instead of saying this shell when she did.

Not that I'm saying we should test it, but don't make assumptions; and she did say everyone was drawn to us.
>>
>>44908372
>Inb4 Oliver and Dracula bond by exchanging cute pictures of their horrible-abomination-against-man-and-god daughterus and talking about how adorable they are
>>
>>44908583
I would in no way be upset if this happens
>>
>>44908606
>>44908583
Agreed. I'm perfectly okay with this, especially since we want to go a different route to power than Drac. We could be friends walking similar paths, instead of following Drac down his.
>>
>>44908372
Dracula villian status also depends on necromancy. I don't think it's been explained if necromancers are killed because its evil, or if their stepping in the angels turf.
>>
>>44908817
Given that it was explicitly mentioned that Death was a master Necromancer, I'd say it's a mix of the latter and it being very easily extremely evil due to it involving dicking around with souls. The kind of thing that angels would be kind of justified in thinking mortals shouldn't have.
>>
>>44908817
When we asked Angie about necromancy, she said mortals were killed for studying it because it violated the natural order.

Drac villian status is a question mark until we meet him, was my point.

>>44908918
But there's no guarantee that necromancy itself is evil. If someone wants to be brought back from the dead, how is it evil? And if there's a human sacrifice involved, but the sacrifice is freely willing, is it still evil?
>>
>>44908918
No power, in and of itself is good or evil. The intent with which it is used is what defines good or evil.
>>
You wait for his anger to peak before you open your mouth.

"We'll play to see if I accept your deal. If you win, I'll accept the offer, but it might take me some time."

Immediately he stops attacking the walls, sitting down inside the circle and looking at you calmly. You smile a bit and sit on the ground outside the circle.

"So, how do we go about this? Cards? Illusions?"

He waves a hand through the air and conjures a deck of cards with pitch black edging, as though the cards were portals, back to back, the faces merely pressed against the other side. He deals slowly and methodically.

"And if you win then I won't begrudge you for wasting my time."

You take the cards, a fairly solid hand, and start the game. Devil poker, it turns out, is mostly about sneering, intimidation and creative cheating. The cards you're playing with keep changing every time you look at them, and from time to time you can see eyes staring at you through the royals. Velkinshar just smiles all the while as you attempt to intimidate whatever is controlling your cards.

"Having some trouble?"

You shrug and close your eyes.

"Nope. I'm just worried. I mean, Angie is pretty strict about cheating at poker. I don't think she'll like it if someone screws me over with a cheap trick. Call."

You set down your cards, pressing your thumb against two of them firmly enough to jostle the faces, which slip and reveal higher cards. Velkinshar reveals his own cards, grumbling. Your cards screwed up his royal flush, and he looks irritated.

"Very well, human. You win at devil poker. Maybe next time you'll win through skill and not dumb luck."

You smirk at him.

"Nah. Luck is my shtick."

The hour is almost up, as far as you can tell. It certainly feels like an hour at least.

>Rub your victory in his face
>Announce that he'll be returning home to nothing
>Thank him for his time, send him on his way
>Tell him you'll do something violent in his name
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44908990
>violated the natural order
Which doesn't explain what effects it can have.
>>44909043
Not when it comes to magic.
>>
>>44908990
>But there's no guarantee that necromancy itself is evil.
Yes, that was my point. More that it can be super fucking evil (and, let's be honest, Drac has probably put it to super fucking evil uses at some point, possibly not any more) and is not the kind of thing I, personally, would be able to trust my fellow mortals with, so I can understand why the angels eliminate it's users. Not inherently evil, but understandably persecuted.

>If someone wants to be brought back from the dead, how is it evil?
To be fair, some people deserve to die to such a degree that bringing them back could be considered an evil action.

>>44909043
If you want to get technical (which I will since you completely ignored my post), whatever the absolute entity that created all that is, was and will be defines as evil is inherently evil. Since His definition of evil as per the fundamental structure of the universe would supercede human perception and sensibility.
>>
>>44909127
>>
>>44909043
Don't worry, anon, I play CG necromancers in D&D too. My current one is a draw oracle who is drow-13 (DM ruled slower aging) and gets piggyback rides from her skeletal minions because of her lame curse.
>>
>>44909127
:^)
>>
>>44909127
>Tell him you'll do something violent in his name
The next time someone pisses me off.
>>
>>44909127
>>
>>44909197
Drow, not draw
>>
>>44909197
Can we class change to draw oracle? It'd fit our reliance on poker for dealing with celestial-tier entities.
>>
>>44909127
>Other (write in)
You can challenge me for a friendly game any time. But waut untill you have a less 'unlucky break'.

then

>>
>>44909197
God damn that's fucking adorable.
>>
>>44909143
>Not when it comes to magic.
According to what? Angie didn't tell us it was evil, just that mortals aren't supposed to use it. It's like getting mad at a toddler for playing with matches.

>>44909153
Well, again, we haven't been told necromancy is evil.
To draw a comparison, chlorine gas is one of the worst chemical weapons used during ww1. It'll melt your skin, it's heavier than air so it doesn't disperse in wind very fast, when it mixes with water it creates a highly volatile acid.
I currently have 40 tons of it in liquid form right now. It expands 450 times when it transitions from a liquid to a gas.
I could kill the majority of the Dallas metropolitan area with what i have.
I use it to keep amoebas from eating people's brains.
>>
>>44909197
I love the dread necromancer class. I'm banned from it though (ghost hand+chill touch kills red dragons)
>>
"Well, this was fun. I learned about summoning devils like you, the sort of power you have, and how you play poker. Neat card rigging trick, by the by. But I think we're pretty much done."

He nods slightly.

"Indeed. I must return anyway. I can sense something meddling with my powers."

You tilt your head slightly.

"Then it's in my best interest to let you leave, isn't it. I fully intend to summon you again and I need you in top form."

Velkinshar's body begins to steam and twitch a bit and he grunts.

"Hurry, human, send me back now!"

You close your eyes and pretend to concentrate, focusing on the circle on the ground.

"What's taking so long!?"

You look at him.

"Trying to remember the wo-"

You utter something so foul and wretched that as the devil vanishes you can taste your own blood, and your throat aches. You look at the circle as it fades away completely, feeling oddly satisfied despite the discomfort. In a few days you get your payoff, and your blood magic becomes greatly enhanced.

>It's 1AM, sleep, school tomorrow
>Wander around for a bit
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44909473
>Text Tobi ask how the ritual at magic class went.
>>
>>44909436
Wait amoebas eat people brains? Does that mean amoebas are the true zombies of our planet!?!
>>
>>44909436
>Well, again, we haven't been told necromancy is evil.
I know. I've never claimed it's otherwise. In fact, I've been saying it probably isn't inherently evil, just easily abused and something that paranoia about mortals having is probably justified. The second half was solely to say that there very easily could be such a thing as objectively evil power because the guy I replied to annoyed me, not to imply Necromancy was such a thing.
>>
>>44909473
>>Wander around for a bit
In the direction of our room, it's late
>>
>>44909423
She's dual cursed, burned and lame, flavored as being the result of a lab accident in her parent's necromancy lab. She's all bone and ghostly flesh from the elbows and knees down. Very visible identifiers, which makes her trying to be sneaky more funny than successful.

"No, you're thinking of a different drow bathed in necromantic magic surrounded by skeletons. Her hands are teal, mine are clearly royal blue."
>>
>>44909473
Wasn't Oliver planning on going to that magic club ritual?
>>
>>44909473
>Wander around for a bit
Towards our room. Looking around. If we see aby of our vamps we should discuss our invite with them.

>>44909517
Yea, one species, it's a bit of a problem lately. All of the fresh water in north america has them to one degree or another.
>>
>>44909473
Actually, don't we have a book on magical tattoos? Can we get back to our room and start in on that a bit? Might be real useful in the future and help with runes.
>>
>>44909590
Caring about the timing not making him miss his window in the OP certainly seems to imply that. Probably should've had a vote on it, at the least.
>>
>>44909515
supporting because i don't know anythng better for us to do.
>>
>>44909652
we can at least ask how it went.
>>
>>44909645
>1AM
>on a Thursday

Guess we want to skip school tomorrow?
>>
>>44909473
>>44909515
I guess. Assuming he's still up and alive because it was obviously a fucking catastrophe and we knew it would be and did nothing in spite of being able to without being allowed to vote on it for no reason.
>>
>>44909515
>>44909677
>>44909711
Text him as we wander a bit?
>>
>>44909645
That made me think. Can we scribe runic tatoos on our body in a way we can absorb ithe impact we suffer? Imagine to fully soak a vampire or werewolf blow and release the impact of such blow into him. Would such thing be even possible?
>>
>>44909720
For some reason I thought it was a Saturday. My bad.
>>
>>44909727
Who cares? Bradley was a dick and was destined to die tonight. If we'd tried to interfere Angie would get mad.
>>
>>44909751
I'd imagine the purpose of runic tattoos is to apply the effects of enchantment to oneself or to gain an ease-of-casting template right on your flesh. More pressing concern to me would be making an anti-mindfuck tattoo.
>>
It's presently Thursday. The new moon is on Tuesday, as is the ritual with Tellarie and the event with Tobias. You have a few days to go.

>>44909727
Something something assuming
>>
>>44909751
I'm more thinking, if we have to super specific, a rune that prevents teeth/bone from penetrating our skin. Good for a one off vampire attack, might stun/pause them for a sec when they go for a bite
>>
>>44909727
Didn't Angie tell. us he was schedueled to die in a failed ritual.? Also if he dies the president seat will ne empty and Oliver can start to take over the occult club.
>>
>>44909773
At least two people, and you only need three to win.
And if Angie's going to get mad about us fucking with people's timers, she's going to very mad the first time we do something big, since we fuck fate up with every action we take which inevitably causes a cascade. Hell, just murdering that slaver probably screwed up a few thousand clocks.
>>
>>44909780
Yeah you're right we should protect ourself against mind fuckery. Also do something about possessions to.

God dammit captcha a quiche isn't a pie.
>>
>>44909791
That line at the end of the last post could be (and was) mistaken for a statement that we had just skipped ahead to immediately post-New Moon ritual.
>>
>>44909886
Oh. But then we'd have missed the encounter with another devil, which I wanted to leave open in case you changed pacts before that ritual.
>>
>>44909473
>Wander around for a bit
>>
Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44909947
>>
Rolled 12 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44909947
Sleuthen'
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44909947
sluthin
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44909947
>>
>>44910002
The sleuthin'-est
>>
You take the long way back to your room, meandering a little bit while you think. A day of school, then the weekend, another two days of school and then the ritual. You're getting pretty excited, honestly, though you're pretty sure Tellarie will be paying a visit to your dreams again tonight to gloat about their new power and gear. You can tolerate that though, so long as you're still getting your end of the bargain.

Along the way back to your room you spot Catherine in the company of a pair of older boys. She's backed up against a wall, using a book to shield herself from them while they stand in front of her, each leaning against the wall a bit to corner her. A little ways from them, a rather muscular boy is on the ground, and you can see several sharp teeth scattered around him on the floor, as well as some blood on his face.

“So what'll it be, sweet thing? I bet a mermaid like you is already wet, right?”

The other boy laughs a bit.

“Good one.”

You could just walk away. These two just decked a bipedal shark person and broke his teeth. But then, he doesn't have a hero suit. You briefly consider running out there as you are and using a flamethrower to scare them off, weighing your options.

>Let events unfold and walk away
>Wear the suit, be the Rider
>Run in, use fire tactically
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44910170
Brutally murder them.
>>
>>44910170
>>Run in, use fire tactically
Oliver used TRANSFORM
Oliver used FLAMETHROWER
>>
>>44910170
Seems the little lady doesn't want to talk to you too. I'd suggest you get while you still can.
>>
>>44910170

>>
>>44910170
>>Wear the suit, be the Rider
>>
>>44910170
MURDER
>>
>>44910203
>>44910210
Come on, i want to set them on fire.
They're messing with our minion.

>>44910210
Also, when did we become the lone ranger?
>>
Will you:

>Be the cliche, over-the-top hero from your Saturday morning shows
>Be brutal, methodical and silent as the grave
>Just an average guy looking to save some damsels in distress is all
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44910249

>>Be brutal, methodical and silent as the grave
>>
>>44910249
Hiho silver!
If we're going to do this, the lone ranger is a great example.
>>
>>44910249
>>Be the cliche, over-the-top hero from your Saturday morning shows
It's 1 AM, we just power played a devil, beat him at cards, and did not reveal that we were in on his fall. We are riding a bit high and punch drunk
>>
>>44910249
>Be brutal, methodical and silent as the grave
But after well take off the helmet, smile and chat with cath like nothing happend
>>
>>44910249
As long as we still get to BREAK THEM, this is good.
>>
>>44910249
>>
>>44910249
>>Be the cliche, over-the-top hero from your Saturday morning shows
Lone ranger
Or
>Just an average guy looking to save some damsels in distress is all
Saitama

Either is acceptable
>>
>>44910289
Do you want the girl to think we're a sociopath?
>>
Knight in matte-camouflage armor go?
>>
>>44910317
Well, I mean, we did set a guy on fire and beat him to death while laughing and enjoying ourselves a few days ago.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 222x227px
>>44910170
Asume the first hunter role.

>Other (write-in)
Introduce your feet to the boys face. Salute Catherine as if you were one of her church hunters. Proceed to purge the villans.
>>
>>44910308
>Lone ranger
We even have silver knuckle dusters as part of the suit.
>>
>>44910326
Be neat if we could get our phone to change it up a bit for effect.
>>
>>44910353
Yea, but he was a slaver.
I mean, how can you not enjoy killing them? Also, we'd been under a lot of stress that day. Today we just beat a devil at poker.
>>
>>44910354
If we have actually worked with her to create a Church hunter group with a known salute I fully back this write-in
>>
>>44910397
>Yea, but he was a slaver.
And they're would-be rapists.
>>
>>44910353
That was a slaver. These are fellow students. They can still be saved by the healling church methods.
>>
You put on your hero suit and advance on them slowly, one step at a time. You focus on what Kim might say, or a Kamen Rider, and strike a dramatic pose, arm outstretched and finger pointing at them.

“Excuse me, fellas, but I don't think she's into enemies of justice. Why don't you walk away before you hurt yourselves too badly.”

As you say this you feel your suit get a little tighter at the waist for a moment before a pair of speakers form at your hips, playing dramatic hero music for you. Nice work, Miniora. The two boys turn to look at you, and Catherine glances your way before trying to run off. One of the boys catches her arm and throws her back against the wall, pinning her there.

“Deal with him, I'll keep missy busy.”

The other boy cracks his knuckles and nods, walking towards you.

“Let's take you down a peg, Mr. Hero.”

You smile under the helmet. Showtime.

>Roast him
>Justice punch
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44910354
Screw that, it'd paint a big target on her back, and part of our NAD was that we wouldn't actively hunt. The games in class are fine, but we can't afford to break the Accords.
>>
>>44910438
>Roast him
>>
>>44910438
>Roast him
MASKED HERO used FLAMETHROWER
>>
> "Taking me on one on one would be extremely painful" Shift into Bane mode. Break him
>>
>>44910453
Ah no fun. Then justice hero it is then.
>>
>>44910453
>part of our NAD was that we wouldn't actively hunt
Do you mean the thing with the vampire girls? Because that only covers vampires that don't harm our friends, and Catherine is classified as a friend.
>>
>>44910438
>>Justice punch
With little jets of flame from the knuckles for effect
>>
>>44910438
>Roast him
>>
>>44910438
>>Roast him
sir, are you aware that you are conflagrating?
>>
>>44910438

>>Roast him
>>
>>44910508
But that anon was talking about setting up an actual group of hunters, which definitely goes beyond protecting our friends.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>44910438
>Other (write-in)
Justice German Suplex
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
>>44910547
No, no he was not.
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910566
SPIRIT OF JUSTICE PUNCH
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910566
Spiritual!
>>
Rolled 12 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910566
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910566
Disco inferno
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910566
>>
>>44910568
My mistake then. But >>44910354 and >>44910410 read like that was their intent.
>>
So is our new default tactic lighting people on fire and then beating the shit out of them while that distracts them?

>>44910626
Did you forget that part of history class has us designing a church that has it's own group of 'hunters' to destroy demons and heretics?
>>
>>44910576
>75% power flamethrower.
Hope he enjoys second degree burns and not having any hair.
>>
You reach into your pocket, the suit parting so that you can access your lighter, and you ignite the flame. The boy sneers.

“What are you gonna do, set me on fire with your lighter?”

You nod.

“Pretty much exactly that, yeah.”

You bring the fire up towards your mouth and exhale. It's less about breathing out and more about the action subconsciously directing your magic, otherwise you'd feel really silly about it. The flames leap forwards and the boy screams, jumping back and batting at his clothes as they start to catch fire, snuffing out the smaller flames quickly before taking off his jacket. The other boy rolls his eyes.

“You can go all out on him, he's clearly aware of magic, and it's not like the fish can't already guess. Just rush him so he can't use his little fire trick.”

With a nod the one you attacked growls at you, skin slowly turning a dull gray color, and he grows in size by about a foot.

“I'm gonna eat ya...”

He grins at you, his teeth suddenly mishappen and jagged, and his muscles bulge a bit. An ogre or a troll of some sort, to be sure.

>More fire. Even more fire.
>Justice punch
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44910626
No i was just making a joke about heaving the healing church enforces be called hunters to. Forget about it it was a stupid idea and tg as always failed in saving the girl.
>>
>>44910654
>So is our new default tactic lighting people on fire and then beating the shit out of them while that distracts them?
I think it should be.

And yes, i did forget that. I find the history class stuff boring.
>>
>>44910679
>Justice punch
When someone steps up to you, after seeing you lay out a fishman, and isn't worried in the slightest, you should be worried.
>>
>>44910679
>>Other (write-in)
Justice German Suplex!!!
>>
>>44910679
The appropriate response to a troll's regenerative capabilities is to set all internal and external surfaces of it's body on fire.

Learning how to ignite the air in someone's lungs when?
>>
File: Flamethrower_straight.jpg (16KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower_straight.jpg
16KB, 500x242px
>>44910679
Fire purifies.
>>
>>44910685
You are boring fish face.
>>
>>44910679
>Justice punch
+bonus for suit targeting weakness.
>>
>>44910679
>>
>>44910679
>>Justice punch
Too much fire and we'll get the popo on us. In fact, Have Miniora text Meliora and Athena of the situation
>>
>>44910679

>>More fire. Even more fire.
>>
>>44910757
We didn't start the fire.
>>
Spirit roll, +2
After this you'll start feeling the effects of burnout if you roll poorly
>>
File: Because justice.jpg (31KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
Because justice.jpg
31KB, 480x300px
>>44910711
>Justice punch

Give this villan the taste of justice.
>>
>>44910728
>>44910736
>>44910752
>>44910759
see>>44910757
Also we don't want to burn all our mana before we see what the other guy is.
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910771
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910771
Hope it's a fail. This fire isn't just enough.
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910771
Burn baby burn
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910771
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44910771
>>
>>44910797
That ich to delete your own post...
>>
>>44910797
>Hope it's a fail.
>I hope we suffer a -1+ penalty to all further rolls and an increased critfail threshold, likely resulting in us getting beaten up and Catherine getting raped out of spite for losing.
Just get the fuck out.
>>
File: p.jpg (71KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
71KB, 600x374px
>>44910797
Thanks tragedyanon. 17s pretty good.

>>44910757
Did you forget, we are the popo. We still have the hall monitor badge.
>>44910771
Is it part of the suit, QM? It should be...

>>44910739
>fish face.
>>
File: 1448086348301.png (277KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1448086348301.png
277KB, 444x440px
>>44910866
Make me bitch
>>
>>44910883
No, I remember that we are the popo, but we dont want it taken away from us either
>>
>>44910866
Don't you know? Tragedyanon offended the RNGods, almost every time he actually wants to fail, he rolls highest.
>>
You wait for him to try to rush in and let out another burst of fire point blank, bathing him in it. He screeches and yells, covering his face and running past you blindly before falling to his knees, glaring at you over his shoulder. His face is a mess, and his eyes are barely there at all. The other boy sighs softly before grabbing Catherine and biting down on her neck firmly. She goes rigid and slowly slumps against the ground as the boy's skin turns to scales and he hisses at you.

“Fine then, seems we both need to fight you if we're going to take you down.”

He smirks a bit at you, and you regard his transformation with concern. You don't actually have much information on snake monsters aside from gorgons and Medusa, which means for all you know Catherine could just be knocked out, paralyzed or on her way to certain death. You've got enough energy left for one more fire spell if you push it a bit.

>Continue the fiery assault
>Justice punch the snake man
>Attack the ogre and try to finish him off
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44910953
Grab the Ogre and throw him into the snake.
>>
>>44910953
>>Justice punch the snake man
STOP EATING MY FRIEND
YOU DICK
>>
>>44910953
Fatally.
>>
>>44910953

>>
>>44910953

Justice suplex now?
>>
>>44910953
Break his neck if necessary. I hold no qualms when it comes to killing nonhumans.
>>
>>44910953
>>
>>44910914
Kim knows we can throw fire, and preventing a rape definitely puts us on the side of justice here.

>>44910953
>>
Strength roll plus Brawl, +4
Speed roll plus Dodge, +5
>>
>that fell when no justice suplex.
Why live.
>>
>>44910953
>>Attack the ogre and try to finish him off
Justice German Suplex him to crush the other guy. Fuck him up for harming out History project partner
>>
Rolled 13 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
BRAWL
>>
>>44910953
>Minoria starts playing 'Smack my Bitch up'
>>
Rolled 19 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44911018
>Speed roll plus Dodge
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
strength
>>
Rolled 15 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
Strength roll plus Brawl

JUSTICE SUPLEX!!!
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
>>
Rolled 19 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
DODGE
>>
Rolled 19 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44911018
Stronk
>>
Rolled 5 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>44911018
speed
>>
>>44911055
Could a suplex onto the school floor result in his spine breaking? If so, sure.
>>
>>44911045
>>44911063
Wrong mod, would be 24 as well
>bullet time engage
>>44911036
17 punch
>>
>>44911115
We got a 19 for punch. Third roll was 15 + 4.
>>
>>44911115
Oops
>>44911055
19 punch.
>>
>>44911115
wrong>>44911055
19 punch

>>44911101
Murderhobo stop. We really don't wan to be connected to killing monsters at school. It WILL get us in trouble.
>>
File: German-Suplex.png (999KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
German-Suplex.png
999KB, 1280x720px
>>44911055
Now i'm truly happy.
>>
>>44911149
Mercyfag stop. We're already connected to killing monsters at school. The level of trouble will remain homeostatic.
>>
>>44911170
No. No killling students.
>>
>>44911170
Not true. We've had no interaction with snakes or ogres yet. Dunno if letting them live would paint us as stronger or weaker though...
>>
>>44911170
One monster and those are vamps, who frankly EVERYONE thinks are dicks. Do you really want every monster in school after us because we went from kid who can take care of himself, to full on hunter?
>>
>>44911202
We literally already have. There is no issue with it.
>>
>>44911215
On the other hand, if we ash the bodies, no one would know but us and angie
>>
>>44911215
Better than these rapist assholes coming back for revenge and bringing friends.
>>
>>44911217
We aren't bloodthirsty anon, in fact we've gone out of our way to make peace whenever possible.
>>
>>44911294
>in fact we've gone out of our way to make peace whenever possible.
Yeah, that's why we set the slaver on fire and beat him to death. Because we wanted to make peace.
>>
You pocket your lighter and consider your options. Wearing them both out at the same time would take too long, and your best bet is eliminating one threat before moving on to the other. You run over to the ogre and punch him in the face as he turns towards you, taking advantage of his blindness to deliver a series of blows to his head and body while casually avoiding his wild swings and attempts to protect himself.

You follow up your attacks with an uppercut that knocks him back a bit, and he wobbles for a moment. You slip behind him, arms around his waist, and make sure that you have solid footing before you hoist. He's heavier than he looks, but the suit handles the strain, and you lean back and slam the ogre against the floor hard enough to crack it. As you release him and straighten up the ogre begins to revert to his human disguise, whatever spell he was using kicking back in.

You turn to the snake man, who glares at you for a moment before his eyes turn into swirls. He advances on you slowly, smirking at you, and you just stand there. Your glasses are blocking whatever he's trying to do, but you let him think it's working so you can get in a solid right cross the moment he gets close.

“Yield to me. Take off that helmet.”

You just stand there, and he moves a bit closer, his expression turning quizzical.

“I said yield. Take off the helmet and let me see your face.”

When he moves closer again you step up and swing, nailing him in the face, and he yelps and jerks backwards, stumbling a few steps away and clutching at his mouth. Looks like you broke one of his fangs.

“You... I'll... I'm gonna get you back for this!”

He turns to run off, sprinting away.

>Tend to Catherine, let him get away
>Chase him down
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44911304
That wasn't on school grounds and there were no witnesses, it doesn't count
>>
>>44911269
If ogres here are anything like d&d mobs, he'll become our minion if he lives. They respect strength.

The snake should die, though.

>>44911331
>Chase him down
He swore vengence, let him try it right now.
>>
>>44911331
>>Tend to Catherine, let him get away
But surely our suit has a camera and we got a pic of his face
>>
>>44911257
and the school security cameras

>>44911269
I sincerely doubt they're going to get taken seriously if they say some punk human kicked their ass, then let them walk away. Especially when we take into account the trouble they're starting with the fish people. If they die they're family will come after us, if we disgrace them, they won't.

>>44911304
>one time
vs.
>every other fucking time
Even Oliver is entitled to a bad day.

>>44911331
>Pull that gum gun Meliora got us, stop him
then
>Tend to Catherine
>>
>>44911331

>>Chase him down
>>
>>44911304
Slaver.

Nothing else should need to be said, anon.

>>44911382
It's not on unless we tell it to record
>>
>>44911414
Rapist.

Nothing else should need to be said, anon.
>>
>>44911414
Well, shoot. No facial recognition for us
>>
>>44911331
>Tend to Catherine, let him get away

Like there is other choice QM.
>>
>>44911331
>>
>>44911331
She might be dying
>>
>>44911423
And i support killing the snake. The ogre or troll's just dumb muscle, though.
>>
>>44911448
What are we going to do if she is?
>>
>>44911448
He's a snake. He problasbly poisoned her once he took a bite on her.
>>
>>44911331
Tend to Catherine. If we have Angie's number send her a text about this. If not text Meliora if she knows any first aid in regard to were-snake venom and/or to get Angie
>>
>>44911483
Good question. Let's find out.

Smarts roll plus Monster Lore, +1
>>
Rolled 13 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44911478
That's a pretty drastic and vaguely racist assumption about their dynamic.

>>44911502
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44911502
Smarts!
>>
Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44911502
>>
>>44911483
Blood magic, it's problably some kind of poison.
>>
Rolled 18 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44911502
>>
>>44911520
We can't control other people's blood, blood transfusions that aren't the right type (and somehow I doubt monster blood is likely to match) can be fatal and we have no anti-poison spell.
>>
Rolled 20 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44911502

>>44911506
Not when you consider traditional monster lore. Ogres are dumb and strong. Snakepeople are coniving and underhanded. And the snakeman was clearly in charge.
>>
>>44911548
And all black people are criminals and rapists, right?
>>
>>44911534
Then Qm's favorite girl will be dead.
>>
>>44911568
I've had worse days
>>
>>44911548
Oh now i get it the snake dude was trying to charm us wasn't he? He problably wasn't able to do it because of the mask.
>>
>>44911548
>Not when you consider traditional monster lore. Ogres are dumb and strong. Snakepeople are coniving and underhanded.
>Literally the most racist possible thing you could've said as a counterpoint
>>
>>44911599
It was the glasses, and I'm surprised you just realized that given how obvious of a thing it was made in the post. I mean shit, his eyes literally turned into snake-hypnosis swirls like Kaa.
>>
>>44911568
Why not use rune magic by scribbing the runes for poison, flow and out? So the poison and only it can flow out of her body?
>>
You run to Catherine's side and look at the wound. The skin around the bite is turning purple, and you mentally run through your options. It's poison, she was just bitten moments ago, he's a snake... You pull off your helmet and start to suck on the bite. When bitter liquid is the first thing you taste you're vaguely encouraged, and you spit it out before resuming your efforts. You don't know how much venom he gave her or what it does, but you keep drawing the venom from the wound and spitting it on the ground until you taste blood.

You give Catherine a gentle shake. The wound isn't turning purple anymore, just a slightly bruised color from how hard you were sucking to get the poison out. Catherine mumbles weakly, shifting a bit, and she looks at you blearily. She reaches a hand up and brushes it against your cheek before it drops limply into her lap. At least she's conscious again. You look over at the shark guy and debate nudging him awake to get Catherine back to her people to recover properly.

>Drag the shark guy and Catherine back to the swimming pool
>Leave the shark guy and the ogre where they are and carry Catherine off to get her some help
>Wake the shark guy up and let him deal with the situation
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44911668
To focuses in trying to make my justice german suplex to care about anything else.
>>
>>44911688
>Leave the shark guy and the ogre where they are and carry Catherine off to get her some help
TO THE NURSE
>>
>>44911688

>>Drag the shark guy and Catherine back to the swimming pool
>>
>>44911688
>Drag the shark guy and Catherine back to the swimming pool
might as well stay with her, make sure she's okay...
>>
>>44911567
Oh sure, let's straw man the shit out of this. Come on anon, stop trying to turn this into a shit show.
The snake was the one giving orders anon.

I understand you want to murder the ogre, but attempted rape is not a murdering offense, even if he's not just dumb muscle. The slaver had been making his living trafficking in sentient beings for who knows how many years, it's an entirely different class of offense.

>>44911605
See>>44911599
And go crack open your monster manuel. Compare the entry on ogres to the entry on yuan-ti.

And stop looking for reasons to be offended. Stereotypes exist for a reason, they aren't spun from thin air.
>>
>>44911721
I'm not even one of the murderhobos, but you're seriously making me want to be one.

Stop trying to quote monster stereotypes like it's fucking scripture, dickhead.
>>
>>44911688
>>
>>44911688
>>Leave the shark guy and the ogre where they are and carry Catherine off to get her some help
Text Meliora what happened in the mean time and take the Ogre's photo. She can help sort this out.
>>
>>44911688
>>
>>44911688
>>Drag the shark guy and Catherine back to the swimming pool
Tell Catherine to blink once for no and 2 for yes. "Should I get the nurse or get yall into water?"
>>
>>44911721
>accuses strawman
>Immediately strawmans
>>
Will you carry Catherine to:

>The nurse's office, try to find Angie
>The swimming pool, try to find her people
>Your room, try to find Meliora
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44911788
>>The nurse's office, try to find Angie
>>
>>44911788
>>The nurse's office, try to find Angie
>>
>>44911788
>>
>>44911788
>>
>>44911788

>>
>>44911788
Text Meliora what happened to see if she has a better idea though. Failing that Fenright.
>>
>>44911788
>>44911798

>Other (write-in)
Text Meliora about a commotion in the hall you were just now.
>>
>>44911743
>>44911721
Both of you, let it go.

The choice has already been made, continuing the argument is pointless. We know snake guy tried to charm us. Anything else will have to wait for later.
>>
>>44911788
wait, can we put the suit on sharkboy and have it walk him to the Nurse's office with us?
>>
>>44911788
>>44911838
>ask minoira to text Mel about it. Hands are full of fishgirl.
>>
You put your helmet back on and secure it before lifting Catherine up and carrying her towards the nurse's office while telling Miniora to text Meliora with the faces of both boys to update her database or, if possible, to add them to some sort of hit list or security watch. As you make your way to the nurse's office Catherine begins to mumble quietly, something about her book. You make a mental note to double back and get it for her, but you're pretty sure the shark guy will grab it when he wakes up if it's important.

Angie's office is weirdly lively, with added lightning. It almost looks like a normal nurse's office, but with more dismembered body parts in jars. Angie is fast asleep at her desk, barely moving when you carry Catherine over to one of the beds and lay her down. She seems mostly coherent now, recovering quickly, and she squints as she looks at you.

“Don't go... I... Who are you...?”

>I'm Mr. Hero.
>It's me, Oliver.
>Your friend Oliver sent me. Who I am isn't important.
>Walk away silently
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44911919
>I'm Mr. Hero.
>>
>>44911919
>>It's me, Oliver.
...The big damn hero. I'm going back for your friend and book, get better.
>>
>>44911919

>I'm Mr. Hero.
>>
>>44911919
>>It's me, Oliver.
>>
>>44911919

>Walk away silently
>>
>>44911919
>It's me, Oliver.
Let go get your friend and book.
>>
>>44911919
>See you in class.
If you want to mess with her, this is the best way.
>>
>>44911919
>>It's me, Oliver.
>>
>>44911919
>>It's me, Oliver.
>>
>>44911919
>It's me, Oliver.
I could never tolerate the secret identity trope, especially when a dozen people know already.
>>
>>44911970
and it was for effect and giggles anyway
>>
>>44911970
spider-man is a lame nerd
>>
>>44911970
Right? We blew our cover when we went to the Wolfe's full moon party.
>>
You chuckle a bit.

“Oliver. Just doing what I can to help out.”

You head over to Angie and poke her gently until she looks up at you, yawning softly with her bangs stuck to her forehead.

“You've got a patient.”

Angie nods and looks over at Catherine.

“Mhmm. That I do. She seems to be doing fine on her own though... She just needs some rest... Like me...”

She yawns quietly and collapses against her desk again.

>Go get the book and the shark guy and bring them here
>Head back to your room
>Grab the book and borrow it til tomorrow
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44912018
>>
>>44912018
>>Go get the book and the shark guy and bring them here
>>
>>44912018

>>
>>44912018
>>
>>44912018
>>
>>44912018
>>
>>44912018
But put the suit in stealth mode and put on our hall monitor badge.
>>
>>44912056
>>44912050
>>44912047
>>44912030
The hivemind is strong.
>>
>>44912080
Heaven forbid we take the natural, non-dick option
>>
>>44912080
Well, the options are basically
>Do a nice thing
>Don't do that in spite of it taking like ten minutes at worst
>Take a thing and just kinda leave the guy there unconscious in a hallway
>>
You double back to the hall and grab the book and the shark guy and haul them both back to Angie's office. Catherine has passed back out again when you get there, and the shark guy grumbles quietly as you put him in the bed and put a blanket over him.

“Cath... Catherine...!”

He suddenly bolts upright, panting and looking around. His eyes fix on Catherine and he rushes over to her, legs tangling in the blanket, and he trips and falls, landing next to Catherine's bed. He looks at you suspiciously, glaring and baring his teeth. His new set have almost come in fully already.

“You... Who are you? What happened, where are the other two?”

>She's safe. You're welcome. See ya.
>I'm a friend of hers. She needed some help, so I helped.
>Hi, I'm Oliver. Catherine is in my history class, and I saw she was in trouble.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44912125
Why so antagonistic, anon? What's really upset you, that you're raging at us?
>>
>>44912155
>>
>>44912155
>>
>>44912155

>>She's safe. You're welcome. See ya.
>>
>>44912155
>>Hi, I'm Oliver. Catherine is in my history class, and I saw she was in trouble.
>>44912161
fuck, maybe im just tired
and the damn street sign captcha fails the first time, everytime
>>
>>44912155
If you could tell me the snake kid's name so I can break his other fang that'd be great though.

Also if the kid left his fang and it's still there nab it. It's loot.
>>
>>44912155
>>Hi, I'm Oliver. Catherine is in my history class, and I saw she was in trouble.
>Other (write-in) What was going on? Why'd they attack her?
>>
>>44912155
>Eh, I beat those two assholes in. Suplexed the bigun, shit was cash. You should really invest in some magic daggers. I can probably make something in a couple weeks, but it won't be cheap.
>>
>>44912188
>Also if the kid left his fang and it's still there nab it. It's loot.
Heh. We'll make it into a pendant and flaunt it around school (joking)
>>
>>44912249
I'd prefer it for magical reagent, dagger/stake, or trading item.
>>
>>44912285
>A baddy's face when he expects us to throw fire at him, only to get a face-full of poison instead
>>
“A friend of hers. She needed help, so I helped. That's really all there is to it. I beat up the two guys who were trying to take advantage of her for you, and brought you both here.”

He pauses for a few moments and reaches into his mouth, grunting and pulling out a shark tooth before taking out a knife and carving something onto it.

“Take this then.”

He chucks it to you, and you catch it and pocket it.

“What's it for?”

He moves to a sitting position.

“Protecting her. Whoever you are, if you show that to my boss he'll reward you properly. They should still be at the pool. Just be aware, he's gonna wanna see your face, and he'll ask you what you did.”

You shrug slightly.

“Works for me.”

>Head for the pool, claim your reward
>Sneak to the pool, see what the mood is first
>Save it for when you need something, head for your room
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44912390
>>Head for the pool, claim your reward
she's the fucking daughter of the Fishman Mafia Don or some shit, ain't she
>>
>>44912390
>>Head for the pool, claim your reward
See if the snake fang got left behind, loot it first.
>>
>>44912390
>>
>>44912390
>Save it for when you need something, head for your room
Eh, we'll ask her about it tomorrow. It's getting on towards 2 am.
>>
>>44912285
Do you think there is still some venom in it? Also is would make a pretty doped dagger.
>>
>>44912415
>>44912439
>>44912442
Here comes the endurance test that leads to oliver falling asleep in the hallway.
>>
>>44912485
Here comes the pessimism from bitterness over losing.
>>
>>44912415
This ain't skullgirl's anon.
>>
You turn and head for the door.

“You'll be safe here.”

The shark guy nods a bit and sits on the edge of Catherine's bed.

“Gotcha. I'll keep an eye out while she rests.”

You give him a thumbs up and head for the pool, swinging by the hall to grab the snake fang on the way. It's slightly cracked, and there's no visible hint of the venom left, but it makes for a neat memento. As you approach the pool you start to see a few students, most of whom regard you with curiosity and humor rather than apprehension, chuckling at your suit as you head for the doors to the pool, where you're stopped by two guys who look to be slightly too old to be students.

“Pool's closed.”

“Sorry, pal, you'll have to turn around.”

>Present the shark tooth, explain you've got business here
>Remove your helmet first, then present the tooth
>Turn around and walk away
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44912390
>>
>>44912468
I don't see it being much larger than a normal snake fang. Even if it was to scale, your still only looking at about 5 inches total, otherwise it wouldn't fit in his mouth too well.the whole laying flat on the roof of the mouth limits it. So don't get your hopes too up.
>>
>>44912535
>>Remove your helmet first, then present the tooth
>>
>>44912415
That would be pretty cool... but no.
>>
>>44912535
>>44912506
Wanna take a bet?
>>
>>44912535
>>
>>44912582
>>44912506
In light of >>44912563
I'm guessing mermaid princess.
>>
>>44912535

>>
>>44912535
>“Pool's closed.”
>Go get a suit, an afro and blackface
>>
>>44912535
>“Pool's closed.”

That made me laugh way to hard. Love you QM.
>>
>>44912647
>>44912651
A celebrated classic.
>>
>>44912535
>>
You take off your helmet and hold out the tooth for them.

“I've got business here. Apparently I should be talking to your boss about what I've done.”

The pair exchange glances.

“Alright, Al, you've got this one. I dealt with the last one.”

The other guy groans softly and opens the door, gesturing inside.

“Come on, let's get this over with... It's gonna be all night with it either way...”

You walk through the door and take in the sight in front of you. It's a fairly large area, consisting of one pool for racing and another larger one for diving and general use. The racing pool is empty, and people are crowding around the edges of the larger pool, the water full of various people splashing around, swimming and having fun. As you take a step someone catches sight of you and yells.

“Human!”

The room goes mostly silent, aside from the odd splash, and you take another step forwards carefully. The guard at the door holds his hands up.

“He's got a marked tooth, it's fine. He knows about us, and he's got some stuff to tell Saul.”

There's some brief chatter and another person chimes in.

“Shouldn't we just sing to him for safety? Make sure he's safe.”

The guard glances at you.

“Nah, I wouldn't risk it. Besides, I think he's that hunter kid. It probably wouldn't work.”

You give him a shrug.

“No one has ever tried. But if someone does, I won't be happy about it. I mean, I helped save someone from being raped, I'd rather avoid having someone rape my mind.”

The guard nods.

“No singing, folks, leave him alone. Go back to having fun. I'll keep him out of trouble.”

Slowly things return to normal, and the guard escorts you to the far end of the pool. There's a large merman sitting on a throne with several mermaids around him, as well as several women that you guess are sirens and some guards who are also shark men of some sort. The guard nudges you towards one of the men.
>>
“Sir, a human is here to see you. He's got a marked tooth from one of the guards.”

The man turns towards you slowly. One of his eyes is missing, which makes the appraising gaze he gives you somewhat intimidating.

“Leave us. I'll speak with him alone.”

The guard salutes and walks away, and you offer the man the tooth.

“Tell me your story, boy. What have you done this night that has made you worth me talking to you?”

>Tell it straight
>Embellish a little, like a fisherman would
>Lie outright, make it over the top
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44912925
>>Tell it straight
>>
>>44912925
>>Embellish a little, like a fisherman would
Ah, why not!
>>
>>44912925
>Tell it straight
>>
>>44912925
>Tell it straight
>>
>>44912925
>Embellish a little, like a fisherman would
>>
>>44912925
>Tell it straight
>>
>>44912925
>>Tell it straight
No reason to play ourselves up.
>>
>>44912925
>Tell it straight.
>Saw my classmate Catherine being harassed by some assholes. Set one on fire and suplexed him. He was a troll or ogre or something. Other one was a snake. I punched him in the face and knocked a tooth out, and he took off running. Catherine and her guard are in the infirmary recovering right now. Snake fucker bit her, but I took care of it.
>>
>>44912946
Do you want ANOTHER faction expecting miracles from us?
>>
>>44912997
to be fair, we've delivered every time.
>>
>>44912997

Bite Merman on the tail and claim his uncle as our new waifu then blow our load all over his fish eggs while robo-waifu watches with sammy.
>>
You go over the story from start to finish, adding little in the way of flourishes except where appropriate to keep the story interesting, and only if it's the truth. When you get to the part about sucking out the poison he chuckles a bit, but he remains mostly passive as you explain what took place until you finish with how you got the tooth.

“I see. Well, I can think of a few people who are going to be pleased with you, but I don't think you want to be here all night being thanked by Catherine's parents. I'll be sure to let them know. For now, help yourself to a drink, and I'll let the guards know that you're allowed to come and go as you please during our parties so long as you show the proper respect.”

>Actually, I'd like to meet them if that's alright.
>That's fine with me. Thank you. I'll be on my way.
>What's on tap tonight?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44913029
Well, i don't see us permanently fixing Patrick any time soon

>>44913047
Bed time
>>
>>44913047
>>That's fine with me. Thank you. I'll be on my way.
>>What's on tap tonight?
Probably grab and go, only reason I was up this late was magic stuff.
>>
>>44913047
>>That's fine with me. Thank you. I'll be on my way.
>>What's on tap tonight?
>>
>>44913047
>>Actually, I'd like to meet them if that's alright.
>>
>>44913047
>>Actually, I'd like to meet them if that's alright.
>>
>>44913047
I'm sure we'll wind up meeting Catherine's parents soon enough anyway.
>>
>>44913047

We still have school tomorrow better go and take a small nap.
>>
You nod slightly.

“That's fine. Rain check on the drink though, I need to get some sleep. Maybe next time I swing by, sound good?”

He nods.

“I'll drink you under the table, boy, but you're welcome back any time. I'll be sure our bartender puts together something suitable for the deed you've done.”

You smirk a bit and walk off. You have no idea what he means by that, and you seriously doubt you'll survive it without some sort of spell to enhance your liver, or blood control that lets you extract alcohol from your bloodstream. You head back to your room to find Meliora is gone and Athena is passed out in her couch fort. You give her a peck on the forehead and get ready for bed before passing out.

-

Gonna do another small time skip to the weekend, unless there are objections.
>>
>>44913175
And cuddle our daughter, who's probably missing us.
>>
>>44913210
Go right on ahead, QM
>>
>>44913210
Go for it.
>>
>>44913210
More daughteru.
>>
>>44913210
Go ahead
>>
>>44913210
As long as we get some daugtheru epilongue i'm fine with it.
>>
Friday is fairly boring, and without your magic lesson to keep you occupied in the evening you go to track and then hang out with Sammy, Andrea and Athena for a little while before Meliora calls Athena away for security detail. Andrea seems to be taking pretty readily to the role of “awesome aunt”, smuggling lollipops into your room for Athena and making a big deal out of sneaking them in. Sammy is getting acclimated, but you can tell she's not quite comfortable with the situation yet.

As Sammy and Andrea head out you get a text from Stephen. You can tell that it's from him because he signs it off at the end with his name. He thanks you for your help getting rid of the slaver's and asks you to come to meet with him to talk about Jennifer and properly dispose of the rest of the magic items from the shop. You're not sure if he's implying that you took any for personal use and wants them gone or simply wants you present for their destruction so he can knock back a few beers with you.

Athena comes back as you consider your reply, and getting back in touch with Stephen swiftly drops on your priority list, beneath “playing knights and princesses” and “tea time for Mr. Bear”, a stuffed parrot that Sammy brought for her. You know Athena is just trying to be cute at this point, but it's working. You goof off with her and wrap up your homework so your weekend will be clear before getting a decent night of sleep.

Saturday morning you awaken to the nagging suspicion that you've forgotten something. You check your phone and see the message is still on the screen. Either that or Miniora is trying to remind you herself. You sit up and look at the screen, contemplating how to go about this.

>I'm free all day. I'll bring over what I scavenged at the shop.
>I'll see you this afternoon. I can't wait to see that stuff burn.
>Can we not talk about Jennifer right now?
>I'll be free tomorrow, sound good?
>Other (write-in)
>>
Probably should make a new thread though, we're getting close to page 10 in autosage.
>>
>>44913442
This is true. New thread soon-ish.
>>
>>44913417
>>I'll see you this afternoon. I can't wait to see that stuff burn.
>>
>>44913417
>>I'm free all day. I'll bring over what I scavenged at the shop.
Was going to give it a look over to see how I could fix your brother'so and neice's curse.
>>
>>44913442
Again, it depends on how much longer he intends to run. Thread still has a solid hour in it at least, probably an hour and a half.
>>
>>44913417
>>Can we not talk about Jennifer right now?
These two. Jennifer drama can wait.
>>
>>44913417
We're not going to take ALL the stuff. We want to learn to take apart and mess with the spells.
>>
>>44913417
>>I'm free all day. I'll bring over what I scavenged at the shop.
>>
>>44913417
>I'm free all day. I'll bring over what I scavenged at the shop.
>Can we not talk about Jennifer right now?
>>
>>44913478
Supporting. All we need is our daugtheru we don't need other women.
>>
>>44913564
I thonk we need to look at other options than those two. Though if it's a choice between them, Jennifer is better with Athena. andrea's still best girl though
>>
You text Stephen back to let him know that you'll be around sometime in the afternoon and that you're looking forward to seeing the stuff from the shop burn. You stretch a bit and look over at the couch fort. Athena is gone again, and you sigh softly as you get out of bed. She's about as reliable as Meliora is, except Meliora has been getting into the habit of texting you when she leaves to let you know that she's out. That one was probably Jennifer's doing, to try to ensure privacy for flirting.

You head for the shower to wash up and plan your day. You're going to see Stephen in the afternoon, so you've got morning and midday to work on things before you get scooped up by an escort car and taken to the house. The big question is, what do you want to work on now?

>Visit Meliora and Athena on patrol
>Work on the magic items, try to figure out how they work
>Practice your own magic for a while
>Study from the books
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44913653
>>
>>44913653
>>Work on the magic items, try to figure out how they work
get our artificer on
>>
>>44913653
>Practice your own magic for a while
Get those magical tatoos working
>>
>>44913653
Text Mel. Let ber know we're up, if they want to get brunch.
>>
>>44913711
The magical tattoos from the book we haven't read?
>>
>>44913730
Yes.
>>
Smarts roll, +0
Spirit roll, +2
Luck roll
>>
>>44913755
Then you'd want to vote for reading a book.
Because as-is working on our own magic is just going to lead to a rune/blood/fire choice.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44913771
>Smarts roll
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44913771
Smarts
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44913771
Spirit
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44913771
Spirit
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44913771
>Spirit roll
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44913771
Smarts
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44913771
Luck
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44913771
Luck
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>44913771
>Luck roll
>>
>>44913837
9 Luck
>>44913814
5 Smarts
>>44913808
and 15 Spirit
shit
>>
>>44913771
>>44913814
We are not a smart man.(5)
>>44913799
>>44913808
But we are pretty damn magical(15 twice)
>>44913837
But not lucky right now
>>
>>44913848
>>44913862
An archmage we are not. I'd say we're more a spellthief, or that one thief/wizard hybrid from phb2
>>
>>44913885
No archmage starts that way.
>>
You grab the necklace, a collar and its matching control rod and pocket the lot, grabbing a quick bite to eat at the cafeteria before returning to your room to get to work. You start with the necklace after some quick investigation reveals that it's the simplest item of the lot, toying around with it. You try pouring some magic into it and it begins to glow, projecting a dot of light like a laser pointer. With a little focus it turns into a wide cone, though you can tell the light won't be as potent like this. It's a simple light spell with a hunk of lunar rock in some crystal, that's all it boils down to.

You turn your attention to the collar and control rod, trying to get a feel for the spells at work. You manage to work out that it's some sort of mental manipulation spell, but the precise school eludes you. After spending almost two hours trying to figure out a way around the spell and another trying to at least understand what makes it tick you're almost ready to give up when you notice that the crystal pops out of the collar.

You grab the control rod and the crystal glows, and you remove the crystal from the collar. You toy around with the control rod, but nothing seems to be happening. Then you come to a startling conclusion; nothing is happening because you're trying to control yourself. You use the rod to try to make yourself march around the room, but there's still nothing until you hold the crystal to your throat. With that established, you consider a few uses for the crystal, like defusing bad situations with werewolves by forcing them into human form. You check the clock, only an hour left and you've barely made any progress.

>Press on, try to find something else out
>Focus on your magic
>Head into town, get some drinks for when you visit Stephen
>Pack up a few items, keep a collar, rod and the necklace for yourself
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44913944
>Focus on your magic
>>
>>44913944
with a little more study, this could shorten the time in which we solve Patrick and Sammy's problem
>>
>>44913944
>Focus on your magic
Expand Reserve
>>
>>44913944
>practice magic
Maybe if we can reverse the flow of light? So it sucks in moonlight?
>>
>>44913944
>Focus on your magic
>>
>>44913944
>projecting a dot of light like a laser pointer.
> a dot of light like a laser pointer.
> like a laser pointer.
>a laser pointer.

Is this just to werewolfs od does this work on catgirls too?
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44914030
magic
>>
File: JadeDwarf.jpg (143KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
JadeDwarf.jpg
143KB, 400x700px
>>44913901
Well QM plays d&d, so I'm going to use it for my analogies.

Right now we're basically monk1/wiz1 with quick cast for burning hands only.
I think our goal should be something like pic related. Green star adept. Immortal, but at no cost but slow progress to get there. Daughteru is immortal, and mom and dad are already dead, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes for us to bring them back, as long as we do.
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44914030
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44914030
Abracadabra
>>
>>44914066
You said the magic word
>>
File: 1444447269427.png (92KB, 340x311px) Image search: [Google]
1444447269427.png
92KB, 340x311px
>>44914066
fucking hell...
>>
File: 624309_1295567124554_full.jpg (42KB, 693x422px) Image search: [Google]
624309_1295567124554_full.jpg
42KB, 693x422px
>>44914066
>>44914089
>>44914110
>>
You sit down with the supplies Jennifer got you for practicing magic and examine the lot for a few moments, taking some time to simply reach out with your magic to examine the objects. You've dabbled a bit here and there in various types of magic, and you think back to what Jennifer said about similar sorts of magic helping to learn other types of magic. You look at the stones and the fan that she bought you and grab them both, trying to make the stones move or control the air currents you generate with the fan with little success. You're about to give up when you swipe the fan through the air and a pillow falls off the couch.

You walk over and examine the couch fort. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world, but a gust from the fan alone wouldn't knock anything over. You set everything as it was, stand up, and take a slow breath, focusing on the fan. As you swing it through the air you imagine your magic flowing through your hand, into the fan, and beyond it, flowing through the air to strike the pillow. You knock it over again and smile to yourself, repeating the process a few times before turning your attention to the stones.

It takes you a few tries to get the stones to move without sliding and using your blood magic telekinesis, but after several attempts you get the stones to turn over, rolling them around the table one at a time. The crudest forms of both disciplines, but it seems all your practice with fire magic has given you a starting point with other elemental magic, combined with your own natural affinities. It also means you have more options in terms of defending yourself if you can refine them more.

With the time limit rapidly approaching you pack up all the items save for a collar and rod and the necklace, loading your bag up. Presence pokes her head out of your bag before hanging out the side of it, arms wobbling back and forth. She grumbles a bit at you, twisting her head back to look at you.
>>
“I'm so bored. Can we do something fun today? Like more drawing, or maybe some senseless and petty shenanigans that lead to sexual antics and people getting covered in slimy liquids? It'll make me smile. Come on, you know you love my smile.”

She grins at you, forcing it a bit.

“See? This isn't even a real one and you fucking love it, you smile slut. Let's go cause some chaos later and I'll give you a real one. I might even let you smile too.”

>Back in the bag, Presence, we'll cause trouble later
>Dump out your bag, pocket the goods, leave Presence here
>Can I get a smile up front and follow up with mischief later?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44914313
Maybe find the snake's locker and fill it with snails.
>>
>>44914313
>>Back in the bag, Presence, we'll cause trouble later
Are we out of drawing supplies for her? We should get some more on the way to Stephen's
>>
>>44914313

>>44914399
>Maybe find the snake's locker and fill it with snails.
What.
>>
>>44914313
>Can I get a smile up front and follow up with mischief later?
There's this snake man i dislike...

>>44914433
Homeboy who bit Catherine.
>>
>>44914446
Talking more about the snail locker bit.
>>
>>44914463
They cover everything in disgusting slime, crawl on all surfaces, get into all places, especially places that won't be immediately obvious as places there could be snails (meaning surprise snails hours or even days later), and I believe they'll eat paper and other common materials as well.

Perfect prank animal.
>>
>>44914463
We did tell presence she could prank as long as we aren't caught up in it and no one gets hurt. And i think anon just wasn't being inventive.

We should let her invisibly mess with people as we go to the Wolfe place
>>
You poke her forehead, which results in your finger sinking half an inch into her ectoplasm.

“We can prank people later. Promise. I've even got a few victims in mind for your pranks, alright? We can really go to town on them.”

Presence recedes into your bag with a wet squelching sound which you take to mean assent, the indent still in her forehead the whole time, and you make your way towards the front gate of the school to wait for the car to pick you up. When Stephen's soccer mom car pulls up you peer inside at him for a moment. You weren't really expecting him to pick you up himself.

“Hello there, Oliver. Been a bit of a change of plans. We'll be going to a spell foundry, the place where they make magic items, and destroying them there. Apparently there was a mix up, and the people they were sending to collect the broken pieces for recycling are in another part of town today dealing with a broken magical sword of some sort.”

>Road trip to the spell foundry!
>Can I just give you the stuff? I had stuff I was gonna do today
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44914535
>>
>>44914535
>>
>>44914535
I'm not a huge fan of last minute changes, however...
>>
>>44914535
Then we need to get some art supplies and snails.
>>
>>44914535
Watch this involve some form of human sacrifice.
Stephen has no problem throwing us under the bus, remember.
>>
I want to do this next part justice and I can't find the notes I wrote down about it, so instead of ad libbing the next part and hoping for the best I'm going to pause here and field any questions that aren't total spoilers about the stuff that happened during the time skips. For instance, you can ask for more details on the woodworking project in shop class, but not about stuff that Oliver didn't see or couldn't have heard about, like what the vampires have been up to.
>>
>>44914633
So, was that math teacher an option for magic lessons? And would Vanessa have been our ally if we hadn't killed her?
>>
>>44914633
>you can ask for more details on the woodworking project in shop class
That, sure. More cute daughteru when?

Also, snailanon beat me to archiving the thread.
>>
>>44914656
Yes, she was. Before you guys jumpstarted the Jennifer subplot, she was going to be the initial magic teacher, trading lessons for help getting ahold of ingredients for spells and performing minor tasks for her relating to sacrificing students to evil horrors.

Potentially, but unlikely. I presumed she was going to die early on based on what I knew about /tg/ so I didn't flesh her out too much.

>>44914659
The project is coming along well, and soon you'll have a wooden replica of a helmet that you can use as a basis for making a metal one. It's about as exciting as it sounds.

Athena drinking hot chocolate on the couch while wrapped up in a blanket and watching Wall-E for the first time. EVE makes her giggle, and she cries when it seems like Wall-E lost his memory.
>>
>>44914659
There's a huge gap in the archives. Fortunately, we have alternative means of looking at the past.
>>
>>44914707
Such as the automatic archives, like 4plebs.

Though really, just making the description something silly is hardly the worst thing to do to an archive. Wish it was at least vaguely-descriptive like juice wizards, but eh.
>>
>>44914707
Indeed, although i lost a little bit around thread 25 or so, I've kept the story files updated.

I need to update the timeline though.
>>
>>44914698
Are we done for the night then? Next thread Saturday?
>>
>>44914750
Pretty much, aside from Q&A while I write little tidbits from stuff I have planned and stuff that'll never happen based on choices that have been made.
>>
>>44914768
What have we missed the flag for that you were looking forward to? Is there anything we've completely passed up?
>>
>>44914782
Aside from math teacher witch stuff? Jumpstarting the stuff with Jennifer early (stupid lousy god damn crits but I figured you deserved at least a chance to notice the sound) led to a lot of stuff with Patrick going out the window relating to learning to fight and hunt like a werewolf, and stuff with Jennifer being snide and snippy and cold, which would have made the reveal of why she acts/acted that way all the more fun and meaningful.

Also there are a few things here and there that you haven't completely missed the flag for but I doubt it'll happen at this point so I'm writing some of it off barring a sudden and radical change of path for Oliver.
>>
>>44914818
What do Catherine and her bodyguard think of Oliver at this point, or is that spoilers?
>>
>>44914831
Semi-spoilers. It's positive though.
>>
>>44914818
Honestly, it's probably a good thing Jennifer came up when she did, otherwise the Sammyfags would have had Oliver married off already.

Do you have a plan for Athena now, or is she still our fateless, godless abomination?
>>
>>44914940
I've got a rough plan for her, yeah. It's only a crude outline though. I want to see what people intend to do with her, whether they plan to just let her do her thing with Meliora and cuddle with her during downtime or if there's a special purpose they have in mind for her, like trying to get her to perform certain jobs or help with things. That'll help shape what I have in mind and finalize it.

Also, all the waifuing has had me at a bit of a loss for a while now. On the one hand, it's fun to bait people with the promise of lewds if they follow a certain path, and I enjoy writing the romance stuff because I just generally enjoy writing romance, on the other hand it's led to a lot of arguing and spite.
>>
>>44915042
Personally, i want to make Athena our familiar, we've already got the trust needed, and her powers wpuld compliment our own, but i think too many anons are scared of the blood magic to get a majority.
>>
>>44915042
I think if Oliver's fitst romantic option hadn't been so passive/willing, it would have kept anons from trying to waifu so hard as well.
>>
>>44915093
I think part of that has to do with how I have my notes organized. People were looking into loyalty spells and stuff a while back and then when they were researching blood magic I looked at my notes and went "Oh, right, loyalty stuff, they want spells that do that, let's throw some of those into the mix", but then it was timed weirdly with the slaver stuff and the collars and the Athena stuff and... yeah. A side effect of writing a story one step at a time instead of mapping things out in larger storylines. I tried planning out an arc for the first part of the school year and it almost immediately became useless, so I'm only planning one or two threads ahead now.
>>
File: 1451949638465.jpg (77KB, 500x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1451949638465.jpg
77KB, 500x1221px
>>44914698
>Athena drinking hot chocolate on the couch >while wrapped up in a blanket and watching Wall-E for the first time.
>EVE makes her giggle, and she cries when it seems like Wall-E lost his memory.

to cute i can't....
>>
>>44915042
>I want to see what people intend to do with her

Raise her a well developed human being. That contributes to society like any father should do. In other words avoid at all cost she becomes part of /tg/
Thread posts: 523
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.