[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG EDH Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 44

Just do this edition.

Old Thread: >>44888625

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
Does anyone here use lackey?
>>
File: mindslicer price.jpg (109KB, 1174x648px) Image search: [Google]
mindslicer price.jpg
109KB, 1174x648px
Which one of you faggots did this? You are why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>44901434
>paying money for cardboard
>>
>>44901434
>bought a Mindslicer for a buck like 3 weeks ago
SAFE
>>
>>44901623
>bought a Mindslicer
Safe indeed. They're completely bought out, I can only find them on eBay. This is fucking ridiculous. Someone's sitting on hundreds, possibly thousands of copies of a card that never moved from the 1$ price mark in the last fifteen years, and is only enjoying a tiny surge in popularity in a casual format thanks to Meren. This is the most poorly thought out buyout I have ever seen and I fucking hate it because I absolutely love Mindslicer and was in the habit of recommending it to every black player in these threads.
>>
>>44901733
Yeah I was gonna grab another for Gisa since he's so nice in Meren, but nope.
>>
>>44901733
>recommending bad cards to all those poor black deck suckers
D E V I L I S H
>>
>>44901810
Mindslicer's a fantastic card in any black sacrifice deck. You get your value / recursion engine online and you force everyone to play on empty hands. It's MVP in my Grenzo list, I've seen it do well in Sheoldred, and obviously it's powerful in Meren.
>>
>>44901826
And I just realized it now sounds like I'm shilling a card that just got bought out. Sorry anons. Mindslicer was alright but you're not really missing out on anything.
>>
>>44901434
Just play Myojin of nights reach.

Also fuck dust bowl.

Also I'm looking to build a Wx or Wxx deck that dodges wraths consistently, but so far I only have ghostway and boros charm in mind. Anything you guys know of off the top of your heads?
>>
>>44901849
Nah m8. Mindslicer was definitely a solid card in black sac decks. RIP
>>
>>44901878
There's a RW enchantment from the RtR set that does that. Don't remember the name.
>>
>>44901894
The faggots who bought them out are going to panic when they realize no one wants 20$ mindslicers, they'll have to lower the price until they start moving again, at worst their little stunt will have increased the price to 2$ by the time this shit is over.
>>
>>44901878
Avacyn.
Planar Guide can 'negate' a wipe.
>>44901938 is Legion's Initiative.
Frontline Medic if you want to swing and wipe after declaring.
Big Zurgo is indestructible during your turn, Tariel heads boardwipes.dec really well.
>>
>>44901941
>implying they want to sell them
I know from a very reliable source that the card was bought out by Sheldon, because he a game to it and the rest of the rules committee wouldn't let him ban it. So instead he took them all out of circulation so he wouldn't have to face Mindslicers as often.
>>
>>44901878
Second Sunrise, Faith's Reward?
>>
>>44902044
My meta currently doesn't need additional boardwipes in it, so originally I wanted to just play brago in evasion.Dec just to play a deck that can protect a boardstate and swing pretty wide.

I need to change it up since none of my decks ever seem to attack.
>>
>>44901733
It makes me sad that someone would do this. Mindslicer was my torment block favorite card.

I miss torment, and wish it was modern legal.
>>
>>44902105
Thanks a lot guys, all of you. I suck at multi quoting on mobile.

I think I got enough from what's listed here. I'm unironically considering shu yun now considering all the good boros cards.

Also jesus Christ why isn't the Ghave player in my group playing faiths reward that looks fucking horrific.

Anyways the deck is gonna be a bunch of shitters like Surrakar Spellbade and combat tricks, no counters or boardwipes with the exception of cyclonic rift.
>>
Alright, I'm trying to build a thematic deck to play with a couple friends of mine. One built one focused on UW shittery + sphinxes. The other is going to do Elemental tribal. I was planning on going Rakdos theme - not necessarily restricting myself to cards printed in original Rav and RTR, but going for cards that go well with their flavour. I got a mostly RB discard-shenanigans deck, but still got a bunch of excess cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-01-16-rakdos-edh/
Anyone help me thin this down, pls?
>>
>>44902159
On the more positive end of things, Palinchron also got bought out and is shooting up in price. Fewer Palinchrons in circulation is a good thing for the format.
>>
Red player looking for an answer to counterspells. Can I change the target of a counterspell to itself?

I would imagine you can, as it can target anything on the stack, just making sure I'm right before I start running that sort of thing.
>>
>>44902629
yes
>>
>>44902654
Please don't spread lies.

>>44902629
You can't. But you can change the target to whatever spell you're casting instead of the Counterspell itself.

An example: rulings of Redirect
>8/15/2010 If you cast Redirect targeting a spell that targets a spell on the stack (like Cancel does, for example), you can't change that spell's target to itself. You can, however, change that spell's target to Redirect. If you do, that spell will be countered when it tries to resolve because Redirect will have left the stack by then.
>>
>>44902629
You can't change the target of counterspell to itself. Unless there's some crazy exception I don't know of, a spell can't target itself. However, you can cast a spell that changes a spell's target (eg. Redirect) and use that to make the counterspell target the Redirect. Once that spell resolves, the counterspell is left without a legal target, and therefore is countered by the game's rules.

To win counter fights in red, your best choices are Forks (make a copy of the counterspell targeting the counterspell) or the always excellent Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast.
>>
>>44901392
i see it used in krenko to get early game value plus late game it is alright because the other goblins make it bigger.
>>
>>44902272
Ghave doesn't play Faith's Reward cause tokens disappear from the GY as soon as SBA's get checked.
>>
i'm tired of running patience decks where i pass turns half the game twiddling my thumbs. who can i play to tear shit up early?
>>
>>44903317
Krenko, Purphoros, Aurelia, Anafenza, Doran, Xenagod come to mind.
>>
>>44901434

What's funny is that I am probably cutting Mindslicer in my Liliana deck, probably with Unearth. Technically, I'll probably replace it with Oblivion Strike, but I'm making a few changes.

Actually, I wouldn't mind some opinions.

Here's the deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-10-15-liliana/

I want to put in:

Warping Wail
Oblivion Strike
Praetors Grasp
Unearth

What do you think I should cut? I'm leaning towards Mindslicer because every time I've had it, it was never beneficial for me to use it because the deck does a solid job of stripping hands away regardless. I think it might be time to cut the Liliana themed reanimates, despite me wanting to pretend to keep it themed.
>>
>>44902495
Welp guess I'm stuck with Great Whale forever then.
>>
>weekly buyouts of casual cards

cool game
>>
>>44903537
It used to be a less common occurrence but just in the last month and a half or so, there have been buyouts on Gaddock, Mindslicer and Palinchron that I know of. Like some speculators are legitimately trying to "invest" in EDH cards that aren't even popular staples.
>>
>>44903720
>Palinchron not a popular staple

Whatever you say man. I've seen more Palinchrombos win the game than Mike/Trike.
>>
I don't mean to get all conspiracy theorist but I think there has to be some group or individual with a good amount of capital behind this streak of weird buyouts. Most of the time you can easily identify the reason behind a price spike: a deck does well in a tournament (Lantern of Insight), bloggers and commentators hype up a card as the next big thing in one competitive format or another (lol Teferi), a card everyone expected to get a reprint of doesn't show up in set spoilers (fetches, Inquisition of Kozilek). This means that a lot of armchair speculators all get the same idea at the same time to make bank on those cards.

But here, it's cards that haven't been discussed much, haven't shown up anywhere to justify garnering such attention, and the buyouts are very quick and thorough. There's no trigger to these buyouts. It's just like someone woke up one morning thinking "I'll buy out Mindslicer and see what happens."
>>
>>44903893
It's a staple but in my experience, it doesn't show up as often as its power level would justify. It may have to do with budget reasons or availability, people prefer to combo with Great Whale or Peregrine Drake because it's cheaper. I just haven't seen Palinchron a lot in the many metas I played in (though I do play it myself), but obviously your experience differs from mine.
>>
>>44903935
One guy, or a group of investors?
>>
>>44904099
Either one person or an organized group. This doesn't look like the Lantern spike where everyone and their mom went "hurr durr imma buy lanterns" of their own accord.
>>
File: rakdos-lord-riots.jpg (53KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
rakdos-lord-riots.jpg
53KB, 243x348px
>>44902457
I am requesting help pls.
>>
>>44904213
Throw in Mindslicer.
>>
>>44904178
Either way, an awful lot of effort just to make some semi-decent cards temporarily spike.
I hope it fails miserably, it bothers me people treat a hobby as some sort of investment.
>>
>>44904295

I've met MtG "investors" before, they are all neets who live at home who would rather make a pitiful amount of money fucking with card prices than get a job. They have already failed miserably at life, and they usually fail at this too.
>>
>>44904333
I'll admit it sounds kind of fun, but not near as much as it sounds tedious. Dealing with the huge hassle of shipping combined with the unpredictability of the market. And the pure levels of autism you need to pay attention to so many things at once, and all just to make chump change.
>>
File: ayli.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
ayli.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
any viability for this card? second ability looks great for telling opposing generals to fuck off, but the life requirement can be a problem for the format.
>>
>>44904418
Cleric Tribal
>>
>>44904245
It's already there. And I want to remove excess cards, genius

i beg.
>>
>>44904469
Are there even enough cards to justify cleric tribal?
>>
>>44904693
There's almost 400 cleric-related cards, including some infinite-combo enablers.

I'd say that's enough to build a tribal deck.
>>
>>44904693

definitely, but most of them are kinda mediocre
>>
>>44904551
I didn't read the first post. Still haven't. I saw a picture of Rakdos with a request for help so I named a black card I like. It's literally the best I can do. Good luck.
>>
>>44904213
Cut the enchantments, half of your creatures. Replace with eldrazi, maga, and knollspine dragon.
>>
>>44904693
Sure. Until now though there wasn't a legendary cleric worth running.

Kor waifu fixed that. I still prefer running evil church tribal so I can bring in angels, demons, and horrors
>>
>>44902495
>Palinchron is $32+
Fucking hell maybe I should just sell mine since it's just a boring, cancerous card that I never like using
>>
>>44905240
It's thematic, so no Eldrazi are gonna go into this. Maga looks like an interesting addition but I'm not sure if it fits. Knollspine Dragon is definitely cool, though. Still gotta remove 6 cards before I even think about replacing anything, though.
>>
>>44905306
Two years ago when I started playing EDH, I found this in my old rares binder. It seemed sort of jank but I was looking for 7-drops for my MW list and it fit the bill. I swear I had no idea. I didn't mean to do what I went on to do with that card. It was an accident.

>first game playing the deck
>have a mana doubler in play and Mind's Desire in hand
>cascade into Palinchron
>stare at the cards for ten seconds
>look back up at the other players
>"Hold on you guys I think a thing just happened"
>>
>>44904418
Focusing on the second ability is a trap. She's a 2cmc sac outlet in colors that love killing stuff for value. Throw in Sun Titan, Grave Pact, Gary/Koko, etc and you've got a decent deck.
>>
>>44904418
She's a worse Teysa at first sight because of the 3cmc activation, but one sac over three is probably better.
>>
>>44905440
Accidental infinite is best infinite.
>>
File: 1326655546086.png (62KB, 219x221px) Image search: [Google]
1326655546086.png
62KB, 219x221px
>shuffle up krenko goblins
>no lands until mulligan to four cards
>Top, Mountain, Purphoros and Thornbite Staff
>draw 4 lands and Skirk Prospector
>mfw no disruption
>>
>>44904398
Could the same be said of the Stock Market?
>>
>>44904418
I've seen people throw it in Doran for kicks
>>
File: young_liliana.jpg (605KB, 2000x2143px) Image search: [Google]
young_liliana.jpg
605KB, 2000x2143px
>>44903536

Gonna bump this.
>>
>>44906636
The stock market is dictated by the rise and fall of various vital resources worldwide.
Magic speculation is dictated by the whims of one single company, it's various fans, and fellow speculators.
I guess it's not dissimilar, but good luck telling your in laws your job/hobby.
>>
>>44903536
+ Innocent Blood, Bloodghast, Massacre, Night's Whisper, Lake of the Dead, Vampiric Tutor, Insidious Dreams, Reanimate, Necromancy, Dance of the Dead, Animate Dead, Exhume, Entomb, Cabal Conditioning, Diabolic Intent, Beseech the Queen, Boseiju, Nykthos

- all the janky casual shit
>>
>>44907958
A lot of that is on my list of things to get (like Intent/vamp), some of it is in use (necro/animate), some of that isn't very efficient (Nights whisper/cabal conditioning).

Eh.
>>
So I've never played edh before but I had a revelation today about why it's so popular: it's a throwback to everyone's first days of magic, right?

Before anyone learns how to play the game well, everyone always picks up a bunch of random cards, usually in only one color, and only has 1 copy of each, and usually makes a massive stack of cards well above the 60 card limit.

Is that the attraction of it? Feeling nostalgia for those good old days?
>>
>>44908258
No. The attraction is vintage levels of silliness combined with the unpredictability of a 100 card deck and the challenge of a real format.
I think most people like it because they find a neat interaction, combo, or card and realize it's only possible or viable in EDH.
>>
>>44908161
Night's Whisper is great, actually. Cabal Conditioning is efficient given the theme of your deck, the acceleration possible in mono black, and in comparison to some of your other spells.
>>
>>44908258
>>44908324
the appeal of edh to me is that i dont have to face decks with 9 sets of [staple card] and playing lands that enter tapped without an amulet doesnt mean i lose

with that in mind, i dont think sol ring infinite hand control: the game type is much better
>>
>>44908510
Whisper isn't exactly terrible, sure. It's better than Sign in Blood, technically, but there is no long value in the card. For this deck, I'd rather use something like Vulturous Aven because it flips my commander, can be brought back, and is even a flying flying blocker to occasionally chump for Lili if needed, but even that was ultimately cut. Strictly speaking, I'm not the traditional monoblack goodstuff here. I'm leaning closer into Stax territory, which I have put considerable thought, but that's for another time.
>>
>>44904418
Forget her exile ability. Consider it a win-more bonus, not something you should be counting on being able to have access to the majority of the time.

Focus on her life gaining ability. It's a cheap, instant speed, reusable sacrifice outlet, that can save your life in a pinch. You want to pair her with cards with good "dies" effects like Reveillark or Archon of Justice, or cards that card about things dying like Grave Pact or Dark Prophecy. You want to milk as much value and strategy as you can out of your creatures dying.
>>
>>44908258
The appeal is literally the same as with any other format. It's a format with its own meta, strategies and staples. You get to play cards in it you don't play anywhere else. There's really no deeper reason or meaning to it.
>>
File: 1436249364908.png (177KB, 266x593px) Image search: [Google]
1436249364908.png
177KB, 266x593px
>Get turn one Sol Ring two of my games tonight
>>
>>44903720
Dont forget Attrition.
>>
File: aylieternalpilgrim.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aylieternalpilgrim.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
I'm planing on making a BW Cleric deck with Ayli but have no idea what to do. Normally when looking through subtypes for tribal decks you can get a feel for what the subtype is good for. All I have on the table is "Prevent X damage." and "Gain X life." Neither of which wins me the game. This means I need to go elsewhere for victory conditions.

Should I just drop the tribal theme and just make a BW goodstuff deck? I want this deck to fill a hole in my collection and be my go to "good deck." Everyone else has decks that are just beyond the curve and powerful and I want this deck to be my for lack of a better term "Tournament viable" deck.
>>
>>44909471
I didn't even remember that this card existed yet faggot speculators thought it would be a good one to buyout to increase the price. What are they thinking?
>>
>>44909585
>want a good deck
>hurr let me do shitty tribal
Anon please.
>>
>>44909657
I dont like the idea of a goodstuff deck. It just feels wrong to me. Decks should have a point to them. Something the whole deck builds to. I dont like decks that just throw stuff out willy nilly until they win.
>>
>>44909585
You're kind of all over the place and going in several different directions. It took you way too many words to essentially say nothing.
The fun of EDH is that you can create anything - why are you asking us to build for you?
>I wanna make thing because it's new and popular on /tg/!
>but I don't actually want to learn how myself
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/killing-with-cuteness/
Any advice or cute creatures that I missed in the crafting of this deck? I want to swarm my enemies with the cutest creatures available to GU and do so on a budget.
>>
>>44909709

There is a lot of space between goodstuff.dec and poorly supported tribal decks.
>>
>>44909709
In a singleton format that kind of has to happen. You want a bunch of flexible things that work great with the other 99 and still stand on their own.
>>
>>44909709
Why are you assuming Ayli can only be goodstuff or clerics. She doesn't push a tribal theme at all, she pushes a sacrifice theme with a bit of lifegain. Build a sacrifice for value deck
>>
>>44909585
>Play Edgewalker
>play lots of clerics for pretty much free
>maybe some Cloudstone Curio combo
>profit
>>
>>44909747
I liked Ayli before I even knew she was popular on here. I love everything about her. The problem I'm facing is My normal method of building decks isn't giving me any win conditions. Gaining life and preventing damage is all well and good but they dont win the game. I'm asking /tg/ for help in that area. If I should scrap the tribal theme or if there is a way to pull victory's from it.

I normally try to put 6 more or less consistent win conditions into my deck so that no mater what I draw I have at least one option. The only semi win condition would be the x/x cleric avatar but he lack protection and evasion and none of the other clerics give it.
>>
>>44909601
There is a bit of a pattern forming though:
>Attrition
Often used in stax-ish or control builds
>Mindslicer
Amazing at hand disruption and compliments stax or control or really any deck type to keep your opponenta out of answers.
>Gaddock
The hatebear to end hatebears, could call him control.
>Palinchron
The outlier but still a very popular combo card that can be used with Stasis/Winter Orb/Static Orb to repeatedly untap your lands while locking out your opponent.

Obviously its pure speculation and well have to see if more buyouts fit this pattern but for now it looks like someone is buying cards oft thrown in stax and/or control style builds.
>>
File: IMG_20160120_204829.jpg (1MB, 3189x2046px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_204829.jpg
1MB, 3189x2046px
I make proxies of expensive cards for the younger players at my shop.

I want to share my method so other people can get into it. It is hella cheap and the quality depends on your inkjet printer.

1. First blank some foil cards.

Modern Masters 2015 works best. I order Blades of Velis Veil in bulk for cheap. Dip the corner of the card in 100 percent acetone then dig at the corner with your nail until it peels.

2. Prepare your carrier sheet.

Using Magic Set Editor, make a card that is white, has the name "Blank" and has a plain white box from Paint as the image.

3. Preparing the card for printing.

A regular card won't hold ink. That is where Mod Podge comes in. Some people suggest Tile Medium and Golden Clear Digital Ground, but I have had shit luck with both. Plus Mod Podge is dirt fucking cheap.

Buy some makeup wedge sponges, preferably from your local department store since they are cheaper there.

Dip the sponge in the Modge Podge. Start dabbing the front, white side of your blank card. Dab until you get a nice, even coat. Let this dry for a minute or two.

4. Attaching the card to the carrier sheet.

I use double sided Scotch tape to attach the blank card coated with Mod Podge right onto the piece of paper that we printed our template onto. Make a capital "T" shape so that the top doesn't lift up when it goes through the printer and gum up your system.

5. Printing

Insert your paper with your card taped to it into your printer and run it through. I had to print three cards at a time because one was making the thing print off-center.

6. Sealing the new proxy

As soon as your proxies come out, hit them with a coat of spray-on clear coat. I prefer gloss because it dries really nice and vibrant.

Put that bitch in a sleeve and you are done.

Sorry for the wall of text. I have just been doing this for a few months and wanted to pass along the info.
The Canon Pixma MX922 prints very clear and crisp and you can get them for under $100.
>>
>>44909709
I like the idea of Ayli cleric tribal but anon, you have to be realistic. You can't turn anything into a "tournament viable" deck. There's a time and place for fun, janky theme decks and a competitive table is not it.

My advice is to build Ayli however you see fit, and look elsewhere for your competitive deck. If you really want it to be a competitive BW deck, you could always look into Teysa, Orzhov Scion tokens/control. It's not top tier but it can be quite powerful.
>>
>>44909950
I don't think these cards are enough to form a pattern. Honestly, the only thing I can see they have in common is "cards casuals would call unfun", but that applies to pretty much any card worth a damn in this format.
>>
>>44909923
Refer to: >>44909801
Also theres plenty of combos you can do in WB that are game ending.
It would be very simple to add in Mike and the dozens of things that combo with him. Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond, etc.
>>
File: my commanders.png (2MB, 3560x320px) Image search: [Google]
my commanders.png
2MB, 3560x320px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-lets-march/ someone was asking about my ezuri deck and the last few threads were dead when I went to post. I have not updated in a while, so its out of date, but the core of the deck is still there. Here are my other decks.
>>
>>44910033
This is true, which is part of why I say well have to see if further buyouts match this pattern.

I do agree with the casuals and unfun though.
>>
File: armageddon-poster.jpg (86KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
armageddon-poster.jpg
86KB, 525x700px
>>44909976
I only proxy tokens, but I'd like to play with a higher resolution version of this shitty MS Paint job one of these days.
>>
I asked about building a deck with black in it in the last thread, and was recommended to build something that's BW. What should I build?
>>
File: kraj.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kraj.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
How is pic related? And how degenerate is he?
>>
>>44910332
OG Ghost jew lifegain voltron, or Selenia life swap. Teysa combo if you want to win games.
>>
File: 325[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
325[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>44909585
>cleric tribal
>All I have on the table is "Prevent X damage." and "Gain X life."
OK wow no. Clerics are for combos. Here's where you start:

Parallax Wave, Eldrazi Displacer, Fiend Hunter and other ETB effects for fun

Daru Spiritualist, Shaman En-Kor, Task Force, Angelic Protector, Starlit Sanctum, Fallen Ideal, Enduring Renewal, Edgewalker, Endless One, Blood Artist, and Zulaport Cutthroat for infinite combos
>>
File: 41[1].jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
41[1].jpg
76KB, 312x445px
Is she a fun commander in ManaBarbs.dec?
>>
>>44910432
Selenia seems pretty interesting from what I can tell. I don't want to build Anya because people in my group are going to meme the fuck out of it, and Teysa will get me targeted pretty hard. Selenia at least appears to be a combo deck that people will leave alone for the most part until its too late.
>>
>>44910680
>Selenia at least appears to be a combo deck that people will leave alone for the most part until its too late.

Just remember that the surprise factor only lasts one game. Any subsequent games and you will become a focus, especially if there are any nerds who can't stand combo in your playgroup.
>>
>>44910332
Ghostdad boardwipe tribal.
>>
>>44910793
I'm aware. I just want some fun jank that I can pull out when I get sick of aggro that also won't get instantly hated off of the board all of the time.

>>44910915
brb dying
>>
>>44909585
Cleric theme is having lots of clerics.
You have some redundant abilities from old cards and newer cards with good or decent effects.
You also like them to die, and thus come back.

Edgewalker, obviously.
Absolver Thrull, Academy Rector, Akroma's Devoted, Battletide Alchemist, Blightspeaker, Blind Zealot, Cabal Archon, Celestial Gatekeeper, Children of Korlis, Containment Priest, Custodi Soulbinders, Dark Supplicant/Scion of Darkness, Daunting Defender, Disciple of Phenax, Doomed Necromancer, Doubtless One, Drana's Emissary, Grand Abolisher, High Priest of Penance, Inquisitor Exarch, Kor Sanctifiers, flip-creature Liliana, both Mikaeuses. Mikaei? Mother of Runes, Order of Whiteclay, Orzhov Pontiff, Pontiff of Blight, Sin Collector, Skirsdag Flayer, Skirsdag High Preist, Soltari Visionary, True Believer, Vile Deacon, Vizkopa Confessor, Weathered Wayfarer, Withered Wretch.
Banisher Priest/Fiend Hunter. Leonin Relic-Warder.
Monk Realist/War Priest of Thune
Crimson Acolyte, Devoted Caretaker, Devout Chaplain, Devout Lightcaster, Exorcist, Fountain Watch, Holy Justicar, Leonin Arbiter, Nomad Mythmaker, Nova Cleric, Obsidian Acolyte, Preacher, Pulsemage Advocate, Shaman en-Kor, Undead Slayer, and Whipgrass Entangler are tech.
Disciple of the Vault is a cleric, if you like him.
Glowrider is Thalia.
Hedron-Field Purists is really annoying.
Heliod makes clerics.
False Prophet.
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails is frequently seen as a commander, even.
Kitsune Loreweaver, if you don't mind spending mana on those toughness-matters effects.
Planar Guide dodges boardwipes, kills tokens, and freaks people out.
Whitch Hunter is extremely out of colors, if you like that sort of thing.
You also have the soul sisters.

Evangel of Heliod; Kemba, Kha Regent; Martyr of Sands; Rotlung Reanimator; Scholar of Athreos; Thraben Doomsayer; Transcendent Master; and Underworld Coinsmith happen to be clerics.
>>
I wanna make a storm deck. Whose the best, preferably black, storm commander?
>>
>>44911846
Mishra, hands-down
>>
>>44910573
I personally think she's just plain bad, but I've only seen one deck with her that was a gutted precon.
>>
File: 1433525393080.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1433525393080.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>44911859
I fucking love Mishra Storm. It's a little chaotic and sometimes just doesn't work, but when it does oh man.

Last time I played him:
>turn 4 Possibility Storm
>turn 5 Mishra and left counterspell mana up (the only instants you play are counterspells of course)
>end of turn 6 I have 12 permanents on the field and about 4 different ways to go infinite
>mfw there's a Defense Grid on the Sigarda player's field
Still fun though
>>
>>44911846
Jeleva
Here's a primer

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/572535-jeleva-grixis-storm
>>
>>44912064
>Defense Grid
Damping Matrix, I mean.
>>
>>44911846
Sidisi Ad Nauseam
>>
File: 1415146065922.jpg (33KB, 234x347px) Image search: [Google]
1415146065922.jpg
33KB, 234x347px
>mfw when stole the nekusar player's commander with Sower of Temptations
>mfw he died to his own mine effects and draw triggers because he had already emptied them onto the field

Sometimes I love this game
>>
What's the stupidest thing you've been kicked for on Cockatrice?
>>
File: tumblr_m2feqbYXTf1rrbv7vo1_1280.png (712KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2feqbYXTf1rrbv7vo1_1280.png
712KB, 1280x720px
>>44909585
This is where I've gone with mine. Gonna take the list to the shop sometimes soon and see what I can put together. Honestly I'm considering going down on the Cleric theme and just going tokens. Shame I can't run Creakwood Liege, fuck you RC for being too lazy to fix color identity for hybrid cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-eternal-pilgrim-cleric-tribal/
>>
>>44912326
>RC for being too lazy to fix color identity for hybrid cards
Yeah this is the one final thing they need to fix. Then after that just leave the format alone.
>>
>>44910406
he is fine, not degenerate at all.
>>
>>44910406
as degenerate as you want him to be (which can be pretty high in u/g)
>>
File: 143.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
I just helped my girl friend with an Aurelia deck to introduce her to EDH anyone want to help me criticize my shoddy deck building? We didn't quite have the cards to go full on voltron and she wanted a token subtheme

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelia-the-warleader-rw-1/#
>>
>>44912298
>Cast Jokulhaups
>Host has vedalken orrery out
>Kicked
>>
>>44909923
There are combos you can do in clerics.

There's a cleric that gets more toughness whenever it is targeted with a spell out ability.

There's a cleric that has a zero cost targeting ability.

Put em together and exploit that somehow.
>>
>>44912954
So you got kicked as an instant?
>>
>>44912944
You have Godo's maul but no Godo? For shame.

Also you're aggro in the shittiest colors for coming back from a wrath. I suggest more effects along the line of Legion's Initiative like those modern Egg enablers that return all your stuff back onto the battlefield.

Consider the following cards that fit your aggro theme:
Entreat the Angels
True Conviction
Akromas
Eldrazi Monument
Sunforger+Care package of Paths and shit

P.S. I've played Razia's Purification in a Kaalia deck. You don't make a lot of friends after playing it a few games in a row so I suggest something less drastic. Even if it wasn't MLD it has other problems like the fact that no 3 cards in your deck will win the game outright when they're left in play, at at least take 3-4 turns to kill 1 person from full health. It even costs 6 whole mana, which is a lot for something that's probably meant to stop greenies from getting too out of hand.
>>
>>44912944
Looks fine for a casual meta.

Cut:
Knight of the White Orchid - Oreskos Explorer is better
Serene Master - Doesn't do much.
Spirit Mantle - You don't need or want this. Use Spectra Ward if you want to make your commander unblockable/protect it.
Fury of the Horde - Use that Red Enchantment that lets you have this effect repeatedly instead. Don't remember what it's called.
Insurrection - Cute, but nearly always gets countered. Super Timmy though.

Also find your Girlfriend a Staff of Nin and shove it right up her deck. Tapping it lets you remove 1 toughness dorks, and it's an Arena on your stick.
>>
>>44912298
Knowing the rules.

Fucker didn't appreciate me calling him on a blatantly illegal play.

Also winning, generally.
>>
>>44913110
It's a legit combo but the cards in it are worthless on their own.
>>
>>44913234
>Fury of the Horde
It's Aggravated Assault.
There's also Hellkite Charger. Waves of Aggression is easy to cast and has Retrace. Savage Beating is just hilarious.
>>
>>44913285
The one with the toughness increase might be, but Shaman en-Kor isn't.
>>
>>44912944
>>44913313
The problem is that they're redundant with the commander (also I believe Hellkite Charger is already in the deck). Waves and Savage beating aren't worth it.

Aggravated Assault and Hellkite Charger both go infinite with Sword of Feast and Famine, so they're absolutely worth it, though. Aurelia even has the upside of enabling Hellkite Charger to function even if you tapped out during the first main to cast her!
>>
>>44911859
>>44912064
>Mishra in EDH
Can you explain?
>>
>>44913394
Use with Nether Void/Possibility Storm. Requires you to understand how to use the stack, at least at a basic level.
>>
>>44913234
good cuts, i think we have the Oreskos Explorer, i was thinking spirit mantle is good since it's a 2 drop same with Serene master but i was feeling that he was pretty weak. Fury of the Horde is no good? i like that you can cast it for free and i totally slapped a staff of nin in there just now
>>44913390
This guy know's what's up also flickerform is in there to squeeze more mileage out of her, general i'd put a resonator in there but i don't feel like explaining the difference between triggered and activated abilities every game
>>
>>44912326
>>44912559
>fix
I don't necessarily think it's broken to begin with. Creakwood Liege is, at least in part, a green card.

Color identity is exclusive, not inclusive. Having a BW color identity doesn't mean you can play any cards that are at least in part black or white. It means you can exclusively play cards that are black and/or white and/or colorless. If you want to keep the concept of color identity in the format, hybrid mana sort of has to keep working that way, otherwise it would be an exception to the rule.

Of course you could argue that the entire concept of color identity is fucked and needs to be removed, and that would be a fine opinion. That would at least make more sense than saying "Let's keep color identity except when it comes to Creakwood Liege".
>>
File: Lorebroker.jpg (130KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Lorebroker.jpg
130KB, 300x425px
Looking for a way to exploit this to make it worth the steep cost. Play after Consecrated Sphinx?
>>
>>44913829
A card like that has to be good on its own (or at the very least synergize well with most of your deck) to go in. If the requirement for it to be passable is to "play after Consecrated Sphinx", then things are rarely going to work out how you want them to.

That card probably wouldn't be awful in Nekuzar though.
>>
>>44909923
Felidar Sovereign literally wins the game if you never take damage
>>
>>44913961
additionally, if you find yourself able to hit 50 life at least somewhat regularly you can run test of endurance which is harder to kill than sovereign and fits your cleric theme a bit better (i'd say run both)
>>
>>44912326
I'd go with a bit more of flavor, with cards like Cabal Archon, Celestial Gatekeeper, Rotlung Reanimator, Ancestor's Prophet, Atalya, and some cards that might be good, like Well of Lost Dreams, Tablet of the Guilds, Devoted Caretaker, and maybe Doubtless One. I guess i'd go for way too much flavor since I've always wanted to build around clerics.
>>
>>44913735
>Color identity is exclusive, not inclusive
Which goes against what Wizards was trying to accomplish with split mana.
I'd rather go by what the people actually making the game meant than some random guy who though PoK was okay for so long.
>>
>>44914019
Order of Whiteclay, Master Apothecary, Serene Steward, Sin collector, transcendent Master and I'm prettyy sure there are other great clerics but I'm tired.
>>
>>44913735
Creakwood Liege can be cast entirely with black mana. No green mana is needed to cast it or activate any of its abilities.

Why should I not be able to include it in a deck with a black, nongreen color identity?
>>
>>44914032
Go to bed Mark.
>>
>>44913460
>i was thinking spirit mantle is good since it's a 2 drop
It has the same problem as most auras - it leaves you open to 2-for-1. In an Aura-focused deck (like Bruna), Spirit Mantle is actually fine, and it has the upside of making the enchanted creature unblockable and unable to be deal damage by creatures, but someone can still Swords your dude and you're just down both cards.

>Serene master
All he does is block one dude well. You don't really want that in this deck, which is meant to be on the offense at all times.

>Fury of the Horde is no good? i like that you can cast it for free
It's not that it's no good. It is, however, redundant with your commander, and not really in a good way. Rather than add consistency, it's just usually a dead draw. You'd be better off adding removal in the slot.
>>
>>44913829
That looks like a reasonably low-cost Merfolk Looter focused on politics.
>>
File: kobold.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kobold.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>44914208
Because it's a black-green card. It can be cast with either color but the card itself is both colors. Whether you can cast it or not is not what decides if a card is allowed in your deck. Any deck can cast kobolds, but non-red decks can't play them, because that's how color identity works. If you think that's bullshit, then you're just opposed to the concept of color identity, and that's another argument entirely.
>>
>>44914273
good points, looks like i'm swapping the mantle and the master for a swords to plowshares and a path to exile so we can eventually work up a sunforger toolbox once she gets the hang of tutoring on the spot
>>
Looking to make a budget deck that can play at the 'competitive' table, and which also uses red as a colour.

Purphoros looks like my best bet, and gets kudos for being mono-R - can anyone here tell me if he's effective enough?
>>
>>44914019
Honestly I've been slowly cutting clerics from that list. Thinking of throwing the Soul Sisters back in, though; removed them after an anon told me to but I'm starting to think that they might be necessary to get to 50 life quickly.

I may put in Devoted Caretaker. Not really interested in any of the other cards you listed, at this point Clerics is really a subtheme more than anything.
>>
creatures and artifact/equipment tutors for mono-white voltron? Already running SFM, Stonehewer Giant, Enlightened Tutor, Steelshaper's Gift, is there anything else?
>>
>>44914384
Puresteel paladin gives you card draw
Leonin Shikari for lolz.
>>
>>44914357
Purphoros is absolutely brutal, he makes casual players cry. I'd say unless you have an extremely competitive group, he should be good enough. And most of the time, anon's groups aren't as competitive as they think they are. So you should be safe.
>>
>>44914465
Most of the players are pretty chill, but theres always a 'big boys table' where everyone is running blue combo/control. If I get stuck there with pairings I need something that can fuck them up at least a bit
>>
>>44909754
Anyone got any help at all? Any cute critters that I missed for the deck?
>>
>>44914584
missing out on some cute cat and dogs by not going Bant colors, but Wild Nacatl
>>
File: DBdude.jpg (78KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
DBdude.jpg
78KB, 450x312px
can i run Daybreak ranger in my monoG deck now that rule 4 is gone
>>
Argivian Archaeologist has the WORST art in this whole game why the fuck is a Best Buy employee on a fucking Antiquities card
>>
>>44914658
No. For flip cards, the flip is side is taken into consideration when determining color identity. So Daybreak Ranger has a red-green color identity.
>>
>>44914666
Because the game had no art direction back then. It's not that the artist was bad, it's that they had no indication of what style they should be drawing in.

This arguably led to more memorable art in a lot of cases, because artists could kind of go wild, but it also meant a lot of awful, awful art. Everything's a lot more homogeneized today.
>>
>>44914626
Yeah, but what commanders for bant would really function well for running a bunch of random things that don't tend to be mana efficient.
>>
>>44914710
I like some of that old art, but anything Foglio touches burns my eyes to look at. It's hit and miss.
That beautiful Stasis though.. wish they still made abstract stuff like that.
>>
>>44914797
Derevi
>>
>>44914823
>>44914797
honestly yeah, if you don't mind getting hated out immediately since everyone thinks you're running stax.

less efficient but safer options would be jenara, rafiq, and angus mackenzie
>>
>>44914845
I might have to consider it, white does have so many great options for cuteness...
>>
Hi guys, I've been trying my hand a WB Aggro : Lifegain Edition with my buddy Karlov.

Can I have some opinions? This is made for competitive 1v1.
It doesn't have a lot of the cheap tricks these colors usually use, but I wanted to work without them.

http://www.mtgvault.com/railmer/decks/wb-aggro-lifelink/
>>
File: 9434.jpg (20KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
9434.jpg
20KB, 200x285px
>>44901733
>>44901434
Just play Sadistic Hypnotist. It fits better in decks like Gisa and Chainer anyhow, being a sac outlet in itself.
>>
File: 1426580287353.gif (2MB, 412x272px) Image search: [Google]
1426580287353.gif
2MB, 412x272px
>>44914910
>mfw Sadistic Hypnotist in a Nath deck
>>
Rules question. Say I'm running something like Grim Haruspex, who has the following rules text;

>whenever another creature you control dies, draw a card

If Grim Haruspex and a bunch of other creatures all get wrathed, will I get the death triggers?
>>
>>44908716
>better than Sign in Blood
Only if you really can't pay the double black. Otherwise, dude. You get the option to kill your opponent with a draw spell. It's funny as hell and it's not that rare to find yourself with one in hand and your opponent at low enough life so you can swing with everything and then burn him for two.
>>
>>44915028
Short answer - yes.
>>
>>44915087
Yeah that's nowhere near a good enough reason to justify playing sign over whisper. Get your priority straight F A M, because you must suck at threat assessment.
>>
>>44909754
Omg. You gave me a great idea that I'm stealing. I'm making it Ezuri's Completed Cuteness.
>>
>>44915087
I've played with Sign in Blood in my black decks for as long as I've played Commander and I have yet to kill anyone with it ever. Night's Whisper is just better if you aren't playing mono-black.
>>
File: 1409682032033.jpg (47KB, 495x357px) Image search: [Google]
1409682032033.jpg
47KB, 495x357px
>>44915975

Make sure to include teH penGu1n of do0m XD
>>
>>44913829
Nekusar, play it with Notion Thief. Most people won't care for a "everyone loots" card until you flash Thief in and cackles maniacally.
>>
>>44916905
Thats a good way to get your nekuzar killed, he draws cards too slowly for the real litch king
>>
File: oloro.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oloro.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
Can I get some advice on my Oloro deck?

>What to take out?
>What to add?
>What's it lacking or have too much of?
>Is it efficient?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-madness/
>>
>>44917222
>What to take out?
[DELETE OLORO]
>>
>>44917222
You need some wincons and to consolidate what youre doing with your cards. Also put more boardwipes in that bitch
>>
>>44917266
I figured my wincons were ultimating with walkers or dropping Kozilek or Blightsteel
>>
God I feel absolutely disgusting with my new Selvala deck. It just ramps so hard, I just hit a genesis wave for 10 on turn 5 and slammed so many threats. How do I feel less dirty?
>>
>>44917904
Wash your hands after jerking off.
>>
>>44917568
blightsteel will probably kill you and kozilek can be dealth with if your playgroup arent metally handicapped. You need rings and veil to make your walkers a wincon. You also should put teferi planeswalker in there.
>>
>>44903317

Lord of Tresserhorn!!!

He goes fucking hard if you can get him a +1/+0 and a double strike
>>
>>44910074
What adjustments do you think will be needed for a Maelstrom Wanderer deck following the mulligan change?
Is the deck even worth running anymore?
>>
>>44904418
i was gonna throw it in Alesha and see what happened
>>
File: 635519169076598244.jpg (126KB, 477x666px) Image search: [Google]
635519169076598244.jpg
126KB, 477x666px
I'm building Yasova with a little bit of a Dragon subtheme although I'm not tied to the idea if it doesn't work out in the end. Can anyone give me any decent suggestions?
>>
>>44918262
It's still insane value.

It's still abuseable with every top of library tutor in those colors. And it's still gonna be good. Just run a few more lands.
>>
>>44918407
Well, I was running 37 already, but should it be increased from there?

Took out a few bombs for some more ramp for now, but it definitely feels slower.
>>
>>44918328
Run the usual dragon package and use dorks/ramp to get them out quicker. To go full thematic with it do goblins and dragons and use the goblins as fodder to stuff like Ashnod's and/or Phyrexian Altar.

Also, Urzas Incubator to start slamming down 7cmc dragons on turn 5 or sooner with ramp. Cauldron of Souls to give all your dragons/sac fodder persist so you can sac the non token fodder twice or get two ETBs out of shit like Scourge of Valkas at the cost 1 P/T. And Dragonstorm obviously.

Itll still be pretty jank but it should be a decent mid level power.
>>
>>44918424
Id focus more on lands like Myriad Landscape and Blighted Woodland (if you dont have them already) and creatures like Yavimaya Elder. Then you wont have to worry about hitting ramp spells as much with MW and even if you hit Elder he can at least replace himself and ramp you too instead of it just being a Cultivate. Also, Burgeoning and Exploration can be great psuedo ramp. Lastly, Sylvan Library cause it allows you to pretty much stack the top two cards so that you can pull the ramp out and leave the two non ramp for MW to hit.
>>
>>44918328
Use humble defector two times in a turn, just for cuteness sake
>>
>Sen Triplets buyout, now sitting at $40

The ride never ends
>>
>>44914910
I play both, I'm still sad to see Mindslicer bought out.
>>
File: 1410755720825.jpg (158KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1410755720825.jpg
158KB, 863x752px
>>44919889

I don't even want one.

I just hope these buy outs backfire horribly like SFM.
>>
>>44919889
What the actual fuck is going on right now?
>>
>>44919889
I think this one may be an "organic" buyout rather than the work of a dedicated group or individual. Sen Triplets is the commander that arguably benefits most from the removal of rule 4, it is expected to rise in power and in popularity.
>>
>>44919889
This is fucking retarded. Its already expensive enough to make a decent deck but if this continues on a regular basis them fuck me.

At least Attrition has balanced out at like $7.50, which is $.50 less than a couple days ago so hopefully it keeps going down and the others follow.
>>
>>44920225
So was seedborn muse which was bought out in response to prophet being banned, but it doesn't make it any less retarded since we're talking about a casual format. It's not like these are some "under the radar" cards that suddenly top8'd a PT or something.
>>
>>44920955
Yeah, some speculators are just losing their fucking mind over EDH cards. It's like they forgot we don't "need" those cards to compete in the format, because there's barely any competition to speak of. If a card inflates beyond the point where we deem it affordable, we're just going to play another card instead. Whereas if you're buying out Modern or Legacy staples, you're holding players by the balls and forcing them to buy them at inflated prices.
>>
>>44905435
>no eldrazi
Then what is the fucking point?!
>>
>>44920955
EDH is, please correct me if I'm wrong, the second most popular format behind Standard, and Seedborn Muse is a very popular card that hasn't seen print in a long time

I can see the mindset of a scalper, honestly
>>
>>44917904
Could just play Selvala hatebears!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-explorer-returned-gw-1/
>>
>>44921472
If you are counting casual formats, then by far the most popular is kitchen table. I don't see that causing price spikes, and neither should EDH. I understand an otherwise dollar bin rare or mythic maintaining a $2-3 price if it sees play in EDH, but the spikes we're seeing now are ridiculous.
No one will pay $40 for let's say a seedborn, what would be the point? To have his casual-format deck be marginally better than it would be if he exchanged prophet with some other GU goodstuff card instead? No speculator will make money out of this, they're just denying a couple of options from a few hundred EDH players.
>>
>>44921472
I don't think you're wrong as EDH is very popular, it's just a lot harder to get an estimate of the number of EDH players compared to other formats where there's organized and sanctioned events that they can count attendees and people who watch it and extrapolate from there. Whereas for Commander they got what? The yearly commander product and the forums? I just don't see a very conceivable way to track the amount of people compared to other formats.

Also, this anon >>44921031 has a good point in that they're jacking up the price and now the majority of people just won't buy it cause the large majority of people don't take their decks to some event needing it to be the most highly tuned thing like you would in Standard, Modern, or Legacy.
>>
>>44902059
>I know from a very reliable source
lmao
>>
>>44922099
Trust me, my dad works at Nintendo.
>>
Tomorrow I'm considering buying 3 boxes of the new set, but I just realized I could buy all the non land cards I need for an entire new commander deck full of tried and true staples with nowhere to go but up.

I hate the expedition lottery, it makes me question every fucking purchase.
>>
>>44922972
Well that's 108 packs so that's 108 chances to get an expedition.

So you got like a 10% chance for an expedition.
>>
>>44922972
Try to buy their unsold pre-release packs
They come with a chance at a good promo that could be worth about $100 alone
My lgs has a deal where you can get 6 prerelease packs (same # of packs as a booster box) for $105
Thought-knot and Reality Smasher are gonna be at least $20 for a while, so hoard them all
>>
>>44923190
I got 4 of them and now have 2 foil crushes 2 nissas and 2 reality smashers. But now they're all gone.

Boxes just seem like a fucking joke now that 1 in 6 has another box worth on a single card.
>>
File: I'm feelin it.png (306KB, 510x483px) Image search: [Google]
I'm feelin it.png
306KB, 510x483px
>tfw you go through your old purchases, and realize cards you purchased for dirt cheap have surged in price for no apparent reason.

Thanks Urbog.
>>
>>44923225
Unless they sold them all at the events last weekend, they should have more
My lgs said they couldnt sell the extras before release because wizards would yell at them
>>
>>44923238
>Urborg is $20

Fucking what...
>>
>>44924212
Rule 4 nugs
>>
>>44924212
>cyclonic rift is $7

Is commander really popular enough to drive these price swings?
>>
>>44924352

it is when people are going out of their way to buyout shit. Sen Triplets and Chromatic Lantern being prime examples right now.
>>
>>44924470
>Inb4 lantern jumps to $20 spec buyout
>>
>>44924470
>Chromatic Lantern
>tfw sitting on a foil Chromatic Lantern and a playset of regular.

Recently I built French Jund Stax headed by Xira Arien and took it to the Duel Commander league at my lgs.
Went 3-0 first time I brought her out, really good showing. I want to put a shriekmaw and a reclamation sage to round out the Chord/Survival of the Fittest toolbox and another piece of instant speed removal but otherwise I'm real comfortable with how she's running.
I chose Xira Arien because she's a little less intimidating than some of the other Jund generals, and supports the Stax build because I can generate a little extra card advantage from her.
Also does anyone know any efficient, repeatable reanimation effects? Seriously considering running Whip of Erebos if I can't find another reanimator.
>>
>>44910406
>degenerate
I suppose just as much as you, also I bet you physically look like him too.
>>
>>44912820
and as autistic as you would want not to be.
>>
>>44924712
Mimic Vat? That 5BB enchantment?
>>
File: 5BBENCHANTMENTSASSHOLES.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5BBENCHANTMENTSASSHOLES.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>44924778
what are you even fucking talking about
>>
>>44924712
If you're in french Recurring Nightmare is basically the go-to for repeatable reanimation. There are others but not in your colors.
>>
File: 67.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>44924845
I'm talking about this one, retard.
>>
>>44924845
>>44924778
well I'm already running mimic vat, though it's not a true reanimation effect, and on the cut-list. If it didn't have the chance of stealing opponents creatures I wouldn't run it.
Also thinking of cutting one of my big green fat for a myr battlesphere. For seven mana giving five bodies, one with a relevant ability and a big ass is a good one.
>>44924922
Grave betrayal is shit. My seven mana dudes are runescarred demon, sheoldred and giant adephage. Adephage is on the cut list as well. I can't waste my turn on something that's going to get removed. It's different with sheoldred because she NEEDS to be removed asap and if I get them when they're tapped out she still gets me value. However to proc Grave Betrayal I need either slaughter pact the turn I play it, or some sort of Grave Pact effect and a sac outlet. Too much work for a substandard card. And that's not mimic vat you colossal fuckwit.
>>44924921
thanks.
>>
>>44924996
Mimic Vat and the 5BB enchantment are obviously not the same.
>>
>>44925036
You're still a colossal fuckwit for having ambiguous phrasing in your post.
And a fuckwit for suggesting a card that's pretty much unplayable even in multiplayer edh.
>>
>>44925059
He asked for reusable reanimation. He can either search for it or he can take a look at my post, I simply remembered two cards that I've seen in games before.

You're an idiot for not noticing the ambiguity.
>>
>>44925059
I mean, youre not wrong that Grave Betrayal is bad but damn man, angry much?
>>
>>44925133
Reanimation effects are serious business, dubsman.
>>
So what the fuck has been bought out already that we know of now?

Urborg, Lantern, Sen Triplets, Mindslicer, Attrition, Palinchron?
>>
>>44925577
Well I bough 20 Urborg from a guy on ebay for 2.50$ each, so that feels good. But there are still plenty of them out there for not that much.
>>
>>44924727
Glad to know this still triggers your autism, degenerate anon.
>>
>>44925577
Peregrine Drake
>>
What if Jin Gitaxis is the next buyout?
>>
>>44926774

I'm buying out Rhystic Study as we speak, prepare for $20 common once I get them all :)

My mom says if I make enough money on MtG stocks I will get tendies for dinner all week!
>>
>>44926774
That would kinda surprise me. But, then again, the Attrition one surprised me so, you know.

>>44925577
Don't forget Gaddock.
>>
>>44926764
Preregrine Drake hasn't been bought out, what are you talking about?
>>
>>44926902
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/new-phyrexia/norns-annex

Nevermind Jin, I actually did find a card that fits. I don't know if the recent change means it's being speculated on or what though.
>>
File: deckbulidung.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
deckbulidung.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
how do i build a scarred puma deck?
does anyone have tips and tricks?
>>
>>44927598
You srs?
>>
Currently building budget Kaseto Voltron, after bouncing from Newzuri (someone else was building him at my LGS, got boring), to Shu Yun (couldn't win after a certain amount of turns, THE MEMES JACK), to Kalemne (RW gets expensive stupid fast for worst color combo, girl in playgroup already built for her), so I shifted over to this guy. After some playtesting, it seems really good, why is Kaseto not spoken about more? He really does lend himself to Voltron really well, seeing as;
>He's in the the best two colors of the game
>Low mana cost, so he can get going quick
>Gives himself both evasion AND a buff, for the low price of 2 mana.

Hell, on EDHrec, all it gives are cards for shitty Snek tribal. I mean, I get he's in the colors for 95% of the snakes in the game but is that all people see when they look at him? Anyway, here's my decklist, would like some constructive critism for it, please.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/
>>
>>44927240
The high price for it has shot up tremendously, but the median's still kinda low and there's still like 200 listings or something.

But it does fit into my conspiracy theory of people buying up control/stax sort of stuff. Ignoring Triplets and stuff related to rule 4 cause those were likely organic like some other anon said.
>>
>>44927598
you don't

it's a 2/1 for R sure, but you also need B or G creatures too.
>>
>>44927766
EDHrec probably gives you snake tribal cause snake tribal is awesome and he's the best commander for it so far. I'm sure after a bit more time it will even out to being tribal and voltron stuff.

Also, he's been talked about some, mostly closer to the release of the product. But I think he's not talked about too much now cause he's not super powerful and he's predictable. If you see him across the table you know it's highly likely to be either voltron or tribal and those aren't as hard for most people to wrap their heads around deckbuilding wise as, say, Meren which also lends to him not being talked about as much.

As for deck suggestions:
Nightmare Lash really isn't worth it. In those situations where you have Urborg it would be nice but having a card like that that LITERALLY requires another card to do anything is just not a good idea. I would also personally throw in a couple of the Umbra enchantments, most notably Bear Umbra as it's ability is fantastic and Totem Armor is awesome.

I also question the amount of ramp you have. Not to say you have too much, but I don't really think you need any honestly. I'd stick with stuff like your Blighted Woodland and then throw in a Myriad Landscape maybe and then Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse for color fixing. Not to say you should have no ramp but I would, in a build like this, replace the Cultivates and the like with mana rocks so you can more effeciently play and equip stuff while keeping your colored mana for counters and shit. Cause honestly, once you get to like 5-6 lands you should be set cause then you can throw down/equip something and still have counter mana up.

On the topic of counters, I would go as control as you can with this deck. You got like 7 counters in there, which is good, but only Cyclonic Rift to clear the board. I know the hope is that you can kill your opponents before then but sometimes that just doesn't happen and you need a backup.

For a budget that's what I got.
>>
>Glen Elandra Archmage
>Myriad Landscape
>Gaddock Teeg
>Attrition
>Reiterate
>Mindslicer
>Seedborn Muse
>Sen Triplets

What other atrocious buyouts have I missed?
>>
>>44928155
Nightmare Lash was more of a meta decision. Lot's of black is played around here, so Urborg is a thing that tends to get dropped, whether or not you're the one dropping it. I can see why it sort of is a bad choice, especailly because I do tend to go to my FLGS every once in a while, where decks are more varied. Will probably replace it with said Bear Umbra. Also looking at Snake Umbra, think that's any good?

You're probrably right about the ramp. Will replace Urborg with Myraid Landscape, Cultivate with Worn Powerstone, Explosive Vegatation with Thran Dynamo but not quite sure what equivilant rocks can go in for which ramp spell. Suggestions?

If I wanted to have a more control build, what cards do you think I should take out and for what?
>>
>thinking about building a little dudes deck for Alesha
>thinking about building a big dudes deck for Kalemne
>>
>>44928659
Strata Scythe?
>>
>>44928711
Would only really use that in a mono colored deck, with two color, its power is basically halved and the number of nonbasics means it will never be all that powerful. Plus if it gets blown up or bounced, it means I'm down a colored source.
>>
File: bestcard.jpg (8KB, 160x228px) Image search: [Google]
bestcard.jpg
8KB, 160x228px
Hello? any ideas on how to build a proper scarred puma deck?
>>
>>44928835
>I'm down a colored source.
Yeah but it's out of your 99 card deck rather than the field, so it hurts a lot less than saying goodbye to an Extraplanar Lens
>>
>>44928659
I'm mostly used to black control sort of stuff so I likely won't be a huge help on that front but having a few more Rift like effects would go a long way. Devastation Tide and Evacuation are the only two I can think of right away. There's also All is Dust but I don't know its price right now.

Also, since you're going for a low creature count Crawlspace should be good and you might like Ward of Bones as well. Overburden is hilarious and will gimp anyone who plays creature heavy, just remember the oracle ruling says it doesn't work on tokens. Teferi walker is actually super good for ramp with his -1 and could allow you to seriously accelerate mana if you need it.

As for the ramp I'd just cut whichever ones you like the least for the rocks. Also, since you're going to be packing counters usually you could consider Harrow because it's an instant and you cast it at the end of your opponent's turns after being sure there was nothing to counter.
>>
>>44928857
True. Ok, Strata Sythe replacing what? Also, just realize Thran Dynamo is in there. Fuck, replacing ramp with equivilant rocks is hard.
>>
>>44928945
It's also pretty hard to have good rocks on the cheap unfortunately.
>>
>>44928945
Well no, you're also right. I'm not sure I'd put Strata Scythe into a two colour deck over other things like Loxodon Warhammer.

Coldsteel Heart, Moss/Sky Diamond for coloured mana rocks to power your generals ability

Or there's three mana ones that don't come into play tapped like the excellent Coalition Relic or a bunch of other things which are okay I guess but slow. Darksteel Ingot if artifact destruction is a problem. You are pretty good on ramp spells. Maybe just Birds of Paradise even?

Cephalid Constable is fun, I dunno what else to say I built my Kaseto out of the shambles of my Seshiro snake deck.
>>
>>44928854
>not even legendary
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these posts?
>>
>>44929166
please its the best card i have
>>
>>44928276
Archmage used to be this price anyway. I didn't even realize it had gone down, would have bought some if I knew.
>>
>>44929073
I have a bunch of different rocks, just not all the best ones. Can't find my Gilded Lotus, hope I still have it.

>>44929080
Got all of those, other than the Relic. Just choices at this point. Would put in Constable but honestly, this is my first Voltron build and I don't want to dilute it anymore than nesesary.
>>
>>44929204
kill yourself.
>>
>>44924212
urborg spiked because of a modern deck.
>>
File: nicebait.png (9KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
nicebait.png
9KB, 500x501px
>>44927598
>>44928854
>>44929204
>>
>>44929339
You sure? Cause it spiked the same time as everything else.
>>
>>44929472
eldrazi is becoming a serious modern deck after everyone wrote it off as a meme. urborg makes eye of ugin tap for mana so it's worth 3 towards eldrazi spells, it also makes fetch lands that oblivion sower grabs tap for mana. a version of eldrazi using heartless summoning pulled a turn 4 ulamog on an SCG stream. price of urborg, eye of ugin, and eldrazi temple have all spiked sharply in the last few weeks because of it.
>>
>>44929555
Huh. Well shit.
>>
File: scarred_puma.jpg (87KB, 581x420px) Image search: [Google]
scarred_puma.jpg
87KB, 581x420px
Hey guys. New to EDH, my favorite card is scarred puma, can someone help me build a deck around this badboy?
pic related, some fanart I found
>>
>>44929858
fuck off retard
>>
>>44918262
The new muligan rule is what my friends already used. We would just get a new hand of seven each time till we got something playable. So it won't really effect me to much, though i will need something to switch out for prophet though
>>
>>44929555
>urborg makes eye of ugin tap for mana so it's worth 3 towards eldrazi spells
>a mishra's workshop deck in modern

That won't last long.
>>
>>44929858
any jund deck, rtfc retard
>>
Guys I have a prossh deck that is a slightly modified precon deck. I only learned how to play 6 months ago but the deck is pretty terrible, pretty much the only ways I can win are with tempt with vengeance and food chain. What are some other good cards for prossh?
>>
>>44929899
mishra's workshop taps for 3- oh i'm sorry, <><><>, on turn one though
>>
File: 20160121_205348.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160121_205348.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>44929858
Hey dude! Another fellow puma fan! It's a shame EDH doesn't allow playsets, would love to be able to get the pride out on the field!
I would recommend either giant tribal or
Infect.
They really bring out the strength of one of magics best cards!
>>
>>44930066
what is this new memery?
will it lead to $20 pumas?
>>
File: fuckers.png (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuckers.png
430KB, 1920x1080px
Alright, which one of you cucks did this
scalpers like you are the reason noone can afford magic
>>
>>44930524
>inbox (126)

Fuck's sake check your email
>>
File: 1426733762808.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1426733762808.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
>He doesn't play cat tribal with Scarred Puma
>>
>>44921361
Maybe the point is making a Rakdos/fuck-having-hands THEMED deck, you numbnut. I said that in my first post. And, as far as I know, Eldrazi are something different enough from Rakdos to make them completely unable to fit in.
>>
>>44931178
>implying Rakdos wouldn't party up with some Eldrazi to ruin someone's day
Eldrazi seem right up Rakdos's alley of power and causing madness.
>>
>>44931299
>implying Eldrazi wouldn't just fuck Rakdos's shit up
Besides, none of the Eldrazi I'm looking at fit the whole discard-shenanigans deal I'm doing, except maybe Reality Smasher, but I'm not too interested in that. I'm looking more at stuff that forces opponents to discard and makes them suffer for it. See: Grim Affliction, Mindrack, Liliana's Caress, Megrim, etc.
>>
>>44931419
Is your general not Lord of Riots?

I mean what's to say Knollspine Dragon or anything else wouldn't try to fuck the Rakdos's shit up, I don't know why Eldrazi are a problem but all the other powerful creatures aren't.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shock-and-draw-2/

Thoughts? Just finished brewing, going to test it on Cockatrice.
>>
>>44931793
I was expecting purphoros, but she makes more sense.

Well rakdos colors suck at a few things that really matter in edh: ramp, enchantment hate and evasion. Lyzolda will play out like a stax deck trying to beat down and typically just run out of gas/life. The problem I had was being efficient with my cards without my curve averaging 5 cmc. Later I switched to Olivia and it's better overall.
>>
>>44931919
Don't let concepts like a Mana Curve oppress your inner timmy.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/
>>
>>44931919
>>44932225
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/braids-conjurer-adept-u/

High CMC running wild brother! I almost feel like this deck lost a lot of what it was when i first made it but it's still fun and interactive in the play group despite taking out a lot of the sea beasties
>>
>>44932392
tfw you will never cum on braids' face nor eat her ass
>>
>>44932225

I have a Nylea monster mash deck, but I think I need more ramp. I also think I'm going to drop the elzdrazi and move them into something else. How much ramp is enough ramp for decks like these?
>>
>>44929858
>>44930066
Stop being lolsorandom
>>
>>44932478
life is truly suffering anon
>>
>>44931793
>call the deck Shock and Draw
>don't have the Sword of Shock and Draw in the deck
>>
>>44933077
>swords
2poor
>>
>>44933077
>tfw the swords will never come down in price
>>
File: 1423510497307.jpg (124KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423510497307.jpg
124KB, 300x900px
>>44933186
>bit the bullet and finished off armory
>also bought a Stoneforge Mystic
>week later SFM spec hype
>price doubled

Wew

The whole package is currently in my Kalemne deck and its glorious.
>>
>>44933375
Eyy another Kalemne bro. What do yo think of my build?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giantess-fetish/
>>
>>44933375
Same brah, just need to get a Batterskull. Should probably bite the bullet and do it now while it's still at a palatable number.
>>
File: welp.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>44933585
Got a GP promo from Charlotte, Simon good there. However, I don't use it in Kalemne because she doesn't need Vigilance and it has a high equip. It's still good, and I'm still debating it.

>>44933495
>33 lands
>tons of MLD anyway
>mfw

Still, I am a sucker for the stupid little equips no one thinks about like Inq Flail. You need a Tenza, though. I'll try and post mine tonight, but I'm currently at the store and have to get up for class at 9. We'll see.
>>
File: 1404669343145.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404669343145.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>44933375
>>44933585
>Tfw when buying a SFM for 15 bucks on impulse
>tfw when impulse bought a Modern Masters Sword of Light and Shadow on ebay for less than 20 bucks
>Tfw GP promo Batterskull was cheaper than the pack pull Batterskull at my LGS
>>44933762
Run Batterskull. It comes in with a fucking germ you can strap boots onto and swing. Has an evasion ability to dodge shit like wraths, go for the throats, what the fuck ever. Run Nahiri to grab it from the grave and slap it onto a kor token. Batterskull is good in equipment decks and you don't even really need to equip it unless the germ gets fucked.

If you are worried about equip cost then you can try Puresteel Paladin to get past it, or Stone Hewer Giant to grab it and chuck it onto Kalemne. SFM even cheats it out.
>>
File: 1395267634801.png (88KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
1395267634801.png
88KB, 900x580px
>>44933893
I'm really stupid. You use the evasion to dodge artifact hate, not germ killing shit. I should get some sleep.
>>
>>44933893
>>44933932

Like I said, it's being heavily considered, and I'm leaning towards it anyway, especially with the new red guy from oath. I run Puresteel, Nahiri, and even Brass Squire already. I know it's a powerful card, but I'm looking at it as I would rather see just about any of the other equips in my deck instead.
>>
File: ISyggyDyggy.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ISyggyDyggy.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Does anybody run this guy as their commander? Seems fun and I'm in the super early phases of brewing it, but I've sorta found myself in a bad position of choosing too many noncreature spells initially.
>>
File: laugh.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
74KB, 171x278px
>>44902495

>bought palinchron for basically free 2 weeks ago
>>
>>44933495
>Deck is called Giantess Fetish
>Doesn't include Sentinel of the Eternal Watch or Palisade Giant
>>
So after being the undisputed best during this season's EDH league at my LGS, I'm looking to make a couple lower power level decks so the people around me stop bitching (even though they're playing UGx, grave pact, storm, group hug and chaos bullshit constantly). I've thought of a couple, notably Prossh but filled entirely with mana dorks, Hazezon Tamar with exclusively cards that search for lands and Impact Tremors, and a Kalitas vampire tribal.

Anyone have any ideas for shitty gimmick decks to give everyone a good laugh every once in awhile? Preferably budget as I pride myself on beating their "budget $200 decks" with my expensive $50 decks.
>>
Who here /IzzetLeague/
Mizzix a best
Melek a okay in the 99
>>
>>44933495
>>44933893

I uploaded my list here:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-kalemne-smash/

I might cut the Angel of Dire Hour for the Batterskull because I'm putting Radiant back together, and I only have the one. I also want to use my signed mom (Neilson) that's just sitting here.
>>
>>44924212

Urbog was at 30 before the reprint
>>
>>44929899

The entire deck kinda dies to removal, it is a bad version of tron
>>
File: 635876873267693254.png (158KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
635876873267693254.png
158KB, 265x370px
Thought on pic related? I'm finding it hard ton come up with reasons why this shouldn't be in every non-blue deck.
>>
>>44935370
It could fuck with theming.
>>
New thread

>>44935734
>>44935734
>>44935734
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.