[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #664: All Aboard The Inter-dimensional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 22

File: 1444809953408.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1444809953408.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44877267
>>
If you are on a small (bus sized) space ship could you use Teen Titans half-demon's dimensional travel perk to take the entire ship to another dimension?
>>
>>44892654
I would guess not, unless there's some episode where Raven does it.
You could put it into the warehouse, then dimension hop yourself, then open a warehouse door/portal in the new plane if you needed to move it there.
>>
Someone last thread mentioned Twilight Imperium no-selled things weaker than Balefire.

BALEFIRE.

I am extremely skeptical anything in shounen can stand up to literal fate-rending, retroactive, causality-warping destruction, but I'm morbidly curious: What on earth could posibly top Balefire from Negima?

>>44892901
She can definitely transport multiple people but the few times she used a portal I think it was only person-sized. I'd say no, unless you were sitting in a golf cart-sized vehicle
>>
File: Tardis-JPEG.jpg (768KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Tardis-JPEG.jpg
768KB, 2304x1536px
>>44892954
>She can definitely transport multiple people but the few times she used a portal I think it was only person-sized. I'd say no, unless you were sitting in a golf cart-sized vehicle

Hmmmm
>>
>>44892954
I just noticed a typo

*stronger than BALEFIRE
>>
>>44892929
Clunky, but it works. Thanks.

Different question, I can't find a solid answer for this in the jump: how do the group companions from Darkstalkers - the Powerful Predatory Pack and Deadly Decadent Court work?

Do they share perks they get from imports between them at 1/4 strength, or could you do something like one gets the full benefits of an import, then next time it rotates to another of them, then the third the next etc etc? The jump itself doesn't say anything other than counting as one slot.
>>
File: 1453276843848.gif (303KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1453276843848.gif
303KB, 244x244px
Because last thread died soon afterwards and this one is slow, how is your Choir doing?
>>
>>44893471
Currently since I'm still on Light of Terra they are currently have their own branch of the Adeptus Ministorum with a planet controlled by the Mechanicus.
>>
>>44893471
We laughed, we cried, we watched Commoragh burn. But when the time came for 40k Redux, they chose to stay behind rather than stay with me. Jumping was just too weird for them and they spent most of their time on the Light of Terra. Personally I think they felt uncomfortable knowing that I wasn't a mere psyker, but had powers they could barely fathom and no regard for the restrictions their society would impose upon me if I stuck around. Fortunately, all of the heresy was kept behind closed doors, and I was respectful enough to not openly question everyone's beliefs with facts.
>>
What are some good ways to make stat enhancing gear, things like ironman gear or beauty/charisma boosting gear, or armor that absorbs or shoots flames, any good jumps for making magic gear?
>>
>>44893471
They had a real bad time. That Kheradruakh is one hell of a guy.
Probably for the best, really, considering what I did to his corpse.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85KB, 600x338px
>>44893471
Well, much like >>44893576 we've had some good times and some bad. There's nothing quite like a Universal Fire flamer for when you absolutely, positively need to purge xenos from a planet away. But when the Emperor himself was literally revived in 40K duty won out over nostalgia. It was hard enough parting ways with him back in Civ jump, so we really can't fault them seizing on the opportunity to be the first female neo-Primarchs in the Imperium's darkest hour right when it was on the cusp of recovering.

...it didn't help that the Emperor and we had a bit of a falling out over exactly how the Imperium should've been fixed. We still feel bad for the Sisters having to listen to us argue. They kind of looked like kids watching their parents threatening each other with a divorce.
>>
>>44894060
This is why I won't revive the Emperor until post-spark. He'll be a tool and a toy, only one of the racial rulers (along with the Eldar and Tau primarily, with many lesser species besides) who I will force to work together as part of Empire to fight back against Chaos, the Tyranids, and the Orks, and bring about a galaxy-wide revolution in quality of life and governance and thus strike a blow at the very heart of what causes Chaos to be a problem and pave the way for humanity to safely evolve into a psyker race while its allies recover their numbers.

The Emperor will hate it most of all, but if he cares at all about the fate of humanity he'll have to go along. Really, the only reason I'm using him is a matter of convenience and choice. Co-opting a previously existing authority, and making a representative of that race choose, even if coerced by me, what path their race will go down. Thus the need for power, so I can prevent him from choosing poorly.
>>
File: 1373137761554.jpg (83KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
1373137761554.jpg
83KB, 600x739px
>>44893471
Teaching classes and generally doing humanitarian work, once their beliefs were a bit...tempered by experience.

They have a tendency to mother and feed anyone who gets caught in our circle, whether they're full companions, national emissaries, or just delivery guys dropping something off.
>>
>>44893698
The D&D jumps can do some pretty good stuff, as can the Elder Scrolls jumps to a lesser extent. The Fate jumps have Item Creation and one of them, or maybe another Nasu jump has a perk for making mystic codes. Worm has a power that lets you imbue items with what are essentially superpowers.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>44894114
Right? In retrospect, it's particularly embarrassing because we're pretty sure we made the same mistake as in Macross: We got too fixated on controlling everything in a short span of time, and overstretched ourself.

Since we didn't know when next we'd return to 40K, there were a bunch of gambits we were running at once. Helping the Silent King reunite the Necron Dynasties and mass producing souls that wouldn't contribute to the Warp in order to simulate the sensation of being alive safely, in exchange for a mutual defence pact with the Imperium. Repairing and researching the Cadian Pylons in order to shut the Eye of Terror. And having to hold back all the while to avoid either amplifying Chaos or accidentally the entire collective subconsciousness.

In the midst of all this we relied heavily on the Path to Victory to determine the best way to end the threat of Chaos once and for all. We planned to convince the Emperor to use our Stone of Instrumentality in order to ascend humanity as the first of several Order Gods capable of straddling the Materium and Immaterium as a psychic safeguard.

Turns out the Warp makes the Path go a lil' screwy.

Turns out the Emperor wasn't nearly as in despair about humanity's condition as we'd hoped.

Turns out using Rumormonger to enhance someone who's already believed to be literally omnipotent by a sizeable population spread out over the galaxy is just asking for trouble.

The long and short of it was: After an embarrassing sequence of psychic defeats (despite being Blank) we got basically permabanned from the Immaterium and humanity is currently entering into an age of enlightenment, unity and progress using stolen technologies from dozens of worlds.

Yes.

We can still taste the salt.

>>44894197
Ayep, there's Artificer from Tsukihime, Puppet Maker from Kara no Kyoukai and Mystic Code Crafter from Fate.
>>
If I take technician in pokemon, can i recreate the pc system after the jump?
I mean, i'm savant and i know how it works ... how hard can it be
>>
>>44894309
It has been said you need to return to do it, but seriously just download everything to your laptopn and build them afterwards.
>>
>>44894292
Especially with BL purposefully making him a horrible person, trusting Emps is a worse idea than ever before. I like to fanwank that I'm going into 'old-lore', not BL's nonsense, but caution is still the order of the game because some ambiguity was always there.
>>
>>44894334

Wasn't that more 'you need return if you want to use it to get more pokemon'?
>>
>>44894309
Do what >>44894334 said and take bits and pieces in your bag. Y'know, the bigger on the inside bag that in the games has held mysterious tech parts and hundreds of other items? A few computer parts should be a cinch.
>>
How could I go about giving a non-companion shape-shifting? And not Animorphs two hours or you're permanently stuck in that form shape-shifting either... That said a way to remove that limit or give it to Nothlit's again without the Ellimist would fit what I'm after...
>>
>>44894499
Get a shapeshifting perk yourself then use cardcaptor sakura ensoul to make them an earring or something. Alternately you could become a shapeshifter like a shoggoth or something and bite them using echidna.
>>
>>44892954
My issue is less that, and more the general response of people who thought that the fact that TI only stops things up to balefire in strength.

Given that balefire does what you say it does, what else do you need to tank? What other magic trumps that? Exploding moons and mountains isn't shit compared to unwriting them from existence.

If TI does stop balefire, I'd hazard to say that nothing magical will harm you period.
>>
>>44893471
Quite well, thank you for asking. When I started my chain I thought I'd just do a solo run, but I just couldn't say no to the sisters. So I started finding things for them to do and, well, now they're an integral part of what I do.

I worked with them and, while allowing them to remain as true to their prior beliefs as possible, we revamped my brand of the Sororitas and made training new sisters a priority. New orders within the revised Sororitas helped my group grow, and ultimately pushed me into my current role.

The Progenitor of Mankind.
>>
>>44894499
When I jumped Marvel I took Energy + Shapeshifting. Now when I need to remake someone, I just blast them and fiddle until they've got the look I want.

In shadier jumps, it's been super helpful as it allows me to smuggle people with near impunity. For regular day-to-day stuff, it allows me to help people change their look to suit their current wants and needs.
>>
How do pokemon trainer make money to survive? is it like the game that beating other trainers give you money? do you have to rely on your family?
>>
>>44894830
I imagine successful ones get most of their money through gambling/cockfighting/pokemon battles, if they run out they have to go home and get more or give up.
>>
>>44894650
As I recall, the emphasis of TI is that it only stops DIRECT magical effects. Such that you're protected from Balefire due to the effect being transmitted by a sort of magical energy, but not from the physical/kinetic/thermal effects of exploding moons/mountains because of the debris being smashed into your face.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure there are forms of magic abstract/conceptual enough to not count as direct effects e.g. like being trapped in a Boundary Field constructed by Araya and being tricked into walking in circles forever (this of course assumes you only have TI as an example), or a bad luck curse that alters fate to make you super unlucky instead of blasting you with magical energy. I'm just curious what possible feats Negima could have to make people claim there are things more powerful than Balefire out there.
>>
>>44892954

Twilight Imperium works on fiat. It it outright and total immunity to magic you don't want affecting you.

Balefire is magic. Thus, it doesn't affect you.

An argument could be made that Balefire isn't directly harming you and is instead burning away reality around you or something, but that's reaching.

Personally, I don't use the fiat-version, because I've read the series and have a better sense for how it works - where it's still basically unbeatable for most purposes, but was created and can be bypassed.

I would have it be a resistance to Balefire, making it more like a destructive beam instead of the instantaneous deletion effect. Same for other things with much more powerful effects than things shown in Negima.
>>
>>44893698
Age of Mythology for large amounts of gold that may count as a magical/divine material (useful in crafting), as well as a magical forge, some blueprints, and a divine hammer that may be some use in forging.
Aion has some decent stuff, notably the Feathercrafter and Armsfusion crafter, both excellent though the latter is more... difficult to find an equivalent.
Darksiders. Makers, enough said.
Discworld... has Octiron. And magic. And lots of magic items, that will often have had makers, who you can learn from. This may be very dangerous, depending on how you go about it. You will likely have many stories about things that happened doing this. You may even have a Story. Be careful it isn't a Tragedy.
Dragon Age, somewhat (careful with Lyrium, that stuff is toxic).
D&D (Order of the Stick, Neverwinter Nights, Forgotten Realms if you can stand it, to a lesser extent Dark Sun and Ravenloft) is fantastic for this.
Dwarf Fortress has a lot of *very* nice materials, and incredible potential craftsdwarfship for the base items (useful for enchanting systems like D&D, maybe LoTR, Elder Scrolls at certain times and so on where the quality of the item influences the final product). It also will eventually have magic of its own. This may or may not be worth spending time in the world, and may or may not be worth spending extra time to pick up more.
Elder Scrolls jumps are really excellent for this. Top-tier stuff if you look into the right things, though Tonal Architecture and the like are very risky. Also, there's the Skyforge, a renewing source of excellent magical materials (including crystalised god blood in ore form) and soul trap for easy access to magical power sources for enchantments.
Endless Legend... technically, could be said to have no actual magic. It does, however, have sufficiently advanced technology as an explanation for a lot of magic-themed stuff, including a lot of personal gear. It's also pretty damn excellent stuff.
>>
>>44894348
>Especially with BL purposefully making him a horrible person, trusting Emps is a worse idea than ever before. I like to fanwank that I'm going into 'old-lore', not BL's nonsense, but caution is still the order of the game because some ambiguity was always there.

What did they do to him now?
>>
>>44893698
>>44894931
Erfworld has a few caster disciplines based are making things roughly analogous to magical items. There isn't a hell of a lot to go by as to how these work in canon, AFAIK. Fanwank will probably be required.
Fable has... some interesting enchanted weapons, augment stones that can be quite useful, and magic that can be fairly versatile and has a fair number of displayed permanent workings if you aren't sticking with the attack magic you can buy for CP.
Familiar of Zero has some interesting magical items, some interesting purchaseable magical stones that can act as power sources (or the ability to make more of them to fill a number of roles), a veeery interesting magical item ability in the form of Mind of God (though getting it is random, potentially risky, and requires dealing with... that king), and a magical system that has decent applicability for crafting if you take the right elements.
Generic Dungeon Crawl has a couple of useful abilities, mostly being able purchase repairs or recharging for things with cash (very expensive, but if it's an item you've enchanted and protected in a way such that you can't alter it yourself...) and the ability to improve related skills by practice (say, perhaps, to improve a more expensive or otherwise impractical form of enchanting via practice of a cheaper form).
Inheritance Cycle has some decent power sources, if you can stomach the setting. I recommend helping the big bad crush the rebellion and taking everything you can loot from them, betraying him and stealing all his shiny dragon rocks, then setting yourself up as the new Dark Lord. Speaking of Dark Lords...
LoTR is pretty good for magical stuff you make yourself.
Master of Magic, obviously.
>>
>>44894920
That sounds more reasonable, and while I've never watched Negima up til now I'd assumed the version you get is the canon version, and any discrepencies otherwise were because Negima was a fairy early jump, Marvel aiming for brevity in the descriptions and these days folks aren't reciporcative to edits of old jumps.

That also sounds reasonable to me. Even Marvel admitted Balefire would feel...unpleasant even if you had TI. I would also say effects that infuse and enhance magical attacks with effects that aren't strictly magical like Soulfire would bypass it for similar reasons.

Since you've read the series, can you think of any magical effects in there arguably stronger than Balefire? Genuinely curious what some anon last thread could've been thinking of.
>>
>>44893698
>>44894931
>>44894949
Narnia has a good option to grow more of a useful arcane crafting material, a few options that give you great magical power and two options that let you give this power themes, one season based, spring is probably best for personal enhancement, summer for shooting fire out everywhere, autumn or winter for something that will reduce foes) but the other could easily take creation or enchantment or something. Also, that armlet is a fantastic piece of gear to build on.
Okami has some neat crafting stuff, especially if you've picked up divinity either there or elsewhere.
Overlord, while an... unfantastic jump, does have some stuff of interest, both purchaseable and researchable injump. Just... think twice about making rings, and avoid halflings. Especially if you've taken the LoTR crafting options.
RWBY has Dust, weapon imports letting you combine existing weapons, variable weapons and limited miniaturisation. A combination of CP purchases and learning.
Sim Ants will likely let you make your magical items smaller. Good for discretion, or potentially to use smaller magical items to make larger ones. Could be interesting when compined with a D&D Glove of Storing.
Sword and Sworcery is likely to have stuff of interest, but be wary, the genre suggests there are likely to be... costs.
Sword Art Online has Like Riding a Bike, usually known for allowing skill adaptability, which is very useful in enchanting, but also especially notable for not allowing skills to degrade; potentially very useful with things like D&D or LoTR crafting where doing so diminishes your ability to do so again. Has a few items that would make interesting bases for enchanting, as well as an option to freeze an object you own in time, making it indestructible at the cost of being unimproveable. Or, if it somehow does get damaged (say, by a drawback), unrepairable. This is where the cash-for-repairs option from Generic Dungeon Crawl comes in.
>>
>>44893698
>>44894962
Type Moon, mostly Fate/ and Fate/Extra through their access to the Servant Supplement, but Tsukihime and Kara no Kyouki have some pretty decent magic crafting options and you may be able to learn some mystic code creation or the like in Carnival Phantasm.
Unsounded has some pretty neat stuff, though a lot of it is quite material-dependent and since you can't buy the ability to make it with CP, you may have issues getting access to Khert-linked materials post-jump. Unless you make stuff out of pain silver, which is probably a terrible idea, or rule you get replacements for purchased CP items you've used for crafting materials.
Warcraft has two jumps, Warcraft 3 and WoW, both have some limited use, there's more buyable in WoW but everything it offers can be learned injump and potentially in the Warcraft jump, while the Warcraft jump offers some stuff that can help your general magical potential and thus your crafting.
Warhammer, fantasy or 40k... Technically yes. Be careful. Very careful. And for the love of the Benefactor, don't use Warpstone!
Wheel of Time has some excellent "magical" items and materials, you'll have to learn it in jump rather than through background or CP, and they're just relearning how to make the stuff after losing all of it for a long time (as in, at start of canon IIRC there's about fuck all non-Forsaken that knows any of it, except for the very limited production of Slave Collars out west and the one cloth-making artifact the Aes Sedai use to get Warder cloaks), I don't think the jump mentions exactly when you go in, but a few years into the books they start figuring out how to remake stuff, and if you can duplicate the "capture and interrogate a Forsaken" trick that seems to be all the rage with the main characters you can potentially learn a lot more.
>>
>>44894949
>>44894931
Wow thanks.
>>
>>44893698
>>44894986

Standard God of War/Lords of Light/Percy Jackson/Smite/Supernatural "grab a divine option focused around X" applies, though God of War also has that neat warehouse forge option. And the Weapon Import.

Anno 2070, while not directly a magic crafting option, does have options to help a lot in acquiring materials you may need for magical crafting.

And, as always, Worm has something. While not actually magical, it has a Thinker power letting you improve your skills rapidly (in this case, enchanting), and a Trump power letting you spend charges to make "magical items."
Take a drink.
>>
>>44894959
Reasonable my ass. Keep that retardation to yourself.
>>
>>44894986
There's a world of war craft jump?
>>
>>44894906

Well, Negima has a *lot* of combat magic far more useful than balefire - proper anti-army stuff that won't cause reality to fray.

Balefire still wins in terms of reality destruction.

>Ensis Exsequens - lightsaber that forces a state change on any solid it hits, turning it into vapour.

>Gravity magic - A powerful branch of magic with a wide range of applications; essentially, it is the ability to distort, or curve space-time by manipulating gravity. The only known user, Albireo Imma, uses this magic to manipulate mass, crushing the enemy through brute force, and naturally generating micro-black holes.

>Eternal Petrification. An attack spell which releases a beam of light from the fingers, petrifying all living and nonliving beings in contact with it. While the petrification caused by Pnoe Petras and Kakon Omma Petroseos can be magically countered or canceled, this spell is comparatively even more dangerous, as its effect is semipermanent. It would require calling on spirits on a divine level of power to undo this spell.

>Kosmike Katastrophe - Ending World. The most powerful spell in the ice element. An annihilation spell which completely encases the target area in ice via a bounded space extending 150 feet in all directions, with a temperature of absolute zero. Upon the completion of the incantation, the frozen target area is completely shattered. Due to the extreme low temperatures reached, this magically-induced phenomenon goes against the second law of thermodynamics and reaches the realm of superfluidity and quantum hydrodynamics.

Those are some of the more impressive effects shown. The One Power is almost certainly capable of similar feats, but I remember it being mostly larger-scale applications of trolloc-level killing power.
>>
>>44895016
Make me.

Oh wait, you can't.

It's almost like you can't stop people from having an opinion over the internet or something.

>>44895018
Yep.
>>
>>44894944
Steal power from the Chaos Gods to become a god. Generally act like a selfish, petty bastard without an ounce of logic and sense instead of an ancient robotic (mentally) autist doing what it can that's best for humanity.
>>
>>44894962
I'm pretty sure it's noted Okami metal is outright indestructible except against other divine beings at that.
>>
>>44895018
Yes. By Manyfist. It's very gamey, not lore-based. As such, it fits WoW perfectly. Nowhere near as much so as, say, Forgotten Realms, though.
>>
>>44895029
Huh. So...kind of like the TTSD youtube series emperor?

That said, to be fair I don't see anything wrong with stealing from the Chaos Gods. Well, in principle rather than outcome at least since they're massive dicks.

>>44895027
Interesting. In the case of the gravity magic I can see how it might bypass TI. A basic example, as I recall, of how TI can be bypassed is if you pick up a rock with magic and throw it at someone so it's the rock that hurts them not the spell. So if the magic manipulates gravity rather than creates it, that might work.

Not sure about the first one, though the third sounds like it's partially a spiritual technique while the fourth sounds similar enough to the gravity spell that it might work.

I heard of something/someone called the Lifemaker from Negima who's apparently the most powerful magic user there; how does that compare to The One Power?
>>
>>44895080
Making deals with the Chaos Gods is entirely stupid. It's one of the main reasons Emps tried to keep Magnus from fucking around with the warp.

Having to steal power from them to be himself also makes his origin as a shaman gestalt literally meaningless. He can be some random technobarbarian who made up a bullshit story now for all we know.
>>
>>44895098
Oh yeah, does smack of hypocrisy when you put it like that.

To be fair though, I have an easier time buying he was able to 1v1 the last unsharded C'tan and stuff it in Mars if he nicked Tzeentch's Best Tricks for Fucking Shit Up instead of just relying on being a gestalt of humanity's combined psychic power.

Well. Unless the Martian C'tan does turn out to be a particularly large Void Dragon shard rather than the whole thing.
>>
>>44895136
Please stop defending this stupidity.
>>
>>44895136
>To be fair though, I have an easier time buying he was able to 1v1 the last unsharded C'tan and stuff it in Mars if he nicked Tzeentch's Best Tricks for Fucking Shit Up instead of just relying on being a gestalt of humanity's combined psychic power.
There is the minor issue that Tzeentch isn't even supposed to exist yet when that happens.
>>
>>44895080

Yeah, space-time magic can bypass TI because it's an indirect effect. Your spell warps space, which then crushes the target. Like throwing a very fancy rock at someone.

Kosmike Katastrophe... I think it's the same tier of being utterly fucked, but even if it can't directly get you, you're still imprisoned in a massive field of 0K... and I have no fucking idea what that would do.

In the manga, it's basically just a block of ice, so I assume the wilder possibilities (all the atoms instantaneously become scrambled across the entire universe) are negated, and as you can see it, it's probably only 0 for a tiny, tiny period of time. But being in contact with, or inside the bounded space of the spell (it might actually need a spatial warp effect to stop everything getting fucked), is not going to be good for anything.
>>
>>44895146
That is a good point. I would call trans-temporal Warp shenanigans but that would be both reaching and crediting GW with more intelligence than I'm willing to believe in.

>>44895141
Calm your tits, I'm not defending BL of all things. Call me an optimist, I'm just trying to see the silver lining hidden on the edge of this storm of shit.
>>
>>44895179
Trying to do the devil advocate thing defangs criticism, though. It prevents people from really voicing that this is a problem because they're being prodded with second guesses about "BUT MAYBE THIS IS SOMEWHAT GOOD BECAUSE TENUOUS X". That's why it's bothersome to me.
>>
>>44895149
I picked up a perk somewhere that made me immune to absolute zero, so I'd be able to walk through the spell laughing my ass off.
>>
It occurred to me that even after doing so much setup to be able to travel dimensions I don't actually have a way to contact people in other dimensions, or more likely for them to contact me if they need help while I'm off gallivanting around the local multiverse.

Does anyone know a good way to communicate with people in other dimensions?
>>
>>44895210
Well, no. You'd laugh your ass off, but still be encased in a giant block of ice until the spell ends.
>>
>>44895229
True.

I'd turn into a ghost, then walk out and laugh my ass of. Spookily.
>>
>>44895146
I mean, admittedly it's Tzeentch and if you had to pick anyone to pull a "I did shit before I existed" thing it'd be birdface, but if you go with the old Crusades/Plague/Enlightenment/Fall timescale for the Chaos Gods births only Khorne *might* have been around at the time and even that would be iffy.
>>
>>44895215
I don't seriously believe anyone here of all places thinks GW/BL has no problems whatsoever, and I'm certainly not trying to seriously convince anyone either way; I'm just givine my opinion on the matter that's all.

>>44895215
Open a portal there and then set up some landlines/walkie-talkies? I believe Spyro, Worm and Lego are good places to acquire trans-dimensional portals.
>>
>>44895259
I'm hoping for something like a spell or communication device that can reach across local dimensional boundaries so I can just go to a new dimension but still be in contact. If I have to set up interdimentional portals and run landlines through them to transmitters on each side I guess I can, but that's a lot of setup every single time I go to a new dimension.
>>
>>44895210

Where's that from? Sounds amusing.
>>
>>44895350
I don't remember, honestly. I have a character description listing my powers and a doc with just raw perk names and builds, and it's hard to cross reference because of that.
>>
>>44895369
It actually does. There are many alternate prime material realms (aka the various settings).
>>
>>44895215
Well... D&D doesn't exactly have other dimensions (save maybe the weirder Far Realms or "Lovecraft in D&D" stuff), but Scrying works across Planes, which is a pretty good comparison, and Sending does as well with a slight failure chance.
>>
>>44895385
>>44895381
>>
>>44895027
A couple of those examples are targeted effects, and are, I would argue, significantly less impressive than bale fire. The petrifaction bit in particular is a good example of a DE that's weaker than balefire that TI should block >>44894906
Curses are tricky, in that they'd need some kind of focus presumably. Otherwise how would it know how to set reality against you in particular.

As for TI only working against direct effects, I have no issue with that as that's how I've always seen magic resistance written.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>44895333
Actually, Listen To My Song from Macross might work if buffed by Touched by the Protoculture? Your voice is enhanced by Vajra cells to sing through fold waves and reach extradimensional entities.

The downsides are you'd probably still need a bit of practice to communicate to the right person in the right extradimensional universe. Well, that and having to sing all your messages means you probably won't have much privacy of information.

For something more private and speculative, the Webmage perkline from Webmage deals with spells that can transmit items across emails. Not sure about this, but IIRC it's used in the series to communicate between beings in different magical realms so maybe you could rig up a magical two-way program?

Lastly, you might be able to manage it with Discworld magic if you're a good enough wizard/witch. Expect some unpredictability, though; this is some high level scrying. The closest in-universe is the most powerful witch in the world learning about events in a parastic dimension by waving her hand at a portal. Also some wizards stranded within a nonmagical universe managed to get a message in a bottle back to the Disc, but then again they had the assistance of a sufficentily scientific collection of ritual circles to emulate a magical supercomputer with access to L-Space: A sort of interdimensional network generated by libraries.
>>
>>44895215

There's Summoning Magic from No Game No Life which lets you basically summon someone in the equivalent of a magic phone call, and Ensoul from Cardcaptor Sakura which lets you create items/entities that can replicate spells.

Alternatively you can probably use one of the various magic to tech perks to make some kind of inter-dimensional internet equivalent.

This option also lets you keep in contract with worlds you been to in the event that you end up failing.
>>
>>44895430
Some ideas to look into. Thanks.

While looking at the crafting suggestions earlier in the thread I thought D&D might be able to do it. Does anyone know if there is a D&D spell or item that can send messages across dimensions?
>>
>>44895028
>>44895070
Could some please post it i can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>44895526
Here you go
>>
>>44895526
It's in complete no images as world of Warcraft Jumpchain.
>>
>>44895394

I wasn't posting examples of TI-defeating effects, though KK and space-time magic would (as would hypersonic ice missiles, though TI can be a bit odd about those). I was just posting combat spells of similar power.

Honestly, all the ones I posted are flat-out better than balefire in any fight - especially with superhuman physical and reflex buffs - that isn't against any kind of super-god.
>>
>>44895381
Well, that depends on what jump you grab it from.
There may or may not be in OoTS.
There aren't in Dark Sun, at least if you're going by 2nd "it's Spelljammer but cut off in its own little corner."
Ravenloft...
The Forgotten Realms has two jumps, which are both *presumably* 3(.5), and while I don't remember any mention of alternate material planes in 3.5 Forgotten Realms, I honestly never cared enough for the setting to say for sure.
Of course, none of that really matters, since those are all other planes (except for when Spelljammer or I'm pretty sure Planescape just has them as seperate locations on the Material Plane) and as far as I know are never referred to as other dimensions.
>>
>>44895663
There are in Dark sun, it's just that Dark Sun is surrounded by a weird barrier that prevents anything from getting out.

Ravenloft exists in this same universe, but it doesn't take place on a Prime Material.
>>
>>44895663
Also planes/dimensions are just semantics. An alternate plane of the prime material is the same thing as an alternate dimension, it just sounds less scifi this way.
>>
>>44895385
Somehow I missed this response... Thanks.

>>44895695
I hope this is how it works. I'm seeing people saying it does and others saying that it doesn't.
>>
>>44895719
You're seeing an anon be pedantic.
>>
>>44894920
It's been a while since I've read the series, but wasn't a complete out-and-out immunity to directly harmful effects?

>>44894959
Well, it can be used to erase an entire world from existence.
>>
>>44895547
>>44895549
Thank you. It's not there when I search
>>
>>44895695
>Also planes/dimensions are just semantics.
...Yes, that was the point of my original post
>>44895385
before this anon
>>44895381
decided to correct my saying D&D had planes instead... by telling me it had other planes.
>>
>>44895784
>Doesn't have other dimensions
>Alternate Prime Material Planes = alternate dimensions.
Thus, it has other dimensions.
>>
>>44895727
So sending should work across dimensions? Looks like extra-planar messages have a 5% failure rate with other things being able to affect that... Might need to make confirming I received the message standard practice then.
>>
Some questions about stuff in general:

Through the Looking Glass: Are the looking glass worlds physical realms you can store things in or more like dream worlds? In places like Fallen London are they separate from existing mirror-worlds like Parabola?

Age of Ice: It says the Ira eventually reform into the Avatar of Wrath if you summon too many, but suppose you had a massive storage of liquid evil gathered from multiple planetary sources into a vast pool, and mixed in more potent sources of bad juju like mantra. Would you end up with individual Ira each as strong as the Avatar, or just loads and loads of Ira who eventually reform into a super-Avatar?

Fallen London: Are the Dream-Weaver and the Ogami actually very clever Fingerkings who escaped Parabola somehow and turned themselves into items...somehow?

FFXIII jumps: How do the processes in all forms AMP actually...work? I dimly remember something about using antimatter ripping holes in time to let through Chaos.

Symphogear: Symphonic Manipulation can apparently forcibly prevent Noise from turning into reality to hurt you, while still hurting them. Does this mean it is super effective against opponents who aren't mostly real in general like a Dungeon Dimension entity or a being that's unconventionally real like Nyarlathotep? Don't know enough about Sakurai Theory to tell if it's fundamentally magic or science.

>>44895749
Wait wot

Just what is this Lifemaker thing. It sounds like the Sourcerors of the Discworld.
>>
So tell me guys, have you ever been on a jump and a character you used to look upto let you down?
>>
>>44895797
See
>>44895385
>doesn't exactly have
>but ... works across Planes, which is a pretty good comparison
Nothing you are saying contradicts the point of my initial post, just wrongly attempts to correct my wording. Please do proceed to fuck right off.

>>44895803
Most likely, yes. Note that if the spell works, you can respond as part of the function. If you need it to work without fail, and you can trust the person on the other end, you might consider leaving them a Crystal ball with the Telepathy function. They can use that to scry at-will and communicate with the person in the orb. Of course, it's not cheap, and takes a while to cast, but allows much longer and more detailed (image included for at least one side, that is) communication. You do need to trust them, though, unless you can remove the Suggestion ablity on the orb (or be immune to it yourself and not care who else they use it on). If may be easier to give them some means to teleport to you, or summon something that can.
You might be able to research a better version of Mindlink (removing the planar limit and), if you have a way to get around the short duration and you don't mind constant contact.
>>
>>44896009
>Wrongly
Planes, in regards to prime material, are dimensions.
>>
>>44896009
Could D&D magic make a custom magical artifact that let's you communicate across planes with anyone else who has one?
>>
>>44896054
Yes. Generally in D&D, if there's a spell for it, you can make a magic item that does something pretty similar. The spell in this case would be Sending, which can transmit across planes.
>>
>>44896054
Just use a box with teleport spell inside and pass notes.
>>
>>44896117
Teleport doesn't reach across planes/dimensions. You'd need Plane Shift for that.
>>
File: image.png (588KB, 1024x1199px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
588KB, 1024x1199px
>>44895663
You could still visit Athas via Spelljamming (for whatever god awful reason why). Just that it requires going through the Grey, which cuts it off from everything. Getting through isn't the problem, getting back out is.

Then you have the fact that your jammer isn't gonna work in Athas. The rules of magic is very different, so it has weird effects on your ship. However saying that, there are folks that have made it through. Just they end up stranded and slaughtered by the nature of Athas which is a Death World.
>>
>>44895749
>It's been a while since I've read the series, but wasn't a complete out-and-out immunity to directly harmful effects?

It basically was, but it was also created by the Lifemaker, and had odd interactions with other things - in UQ Holder, Touta cannot use magic because the white-energy of TI is mixing with Magia Erebea and being all swirly.

So because it can be created and manipulated, this implies that it is possible to defeat it, though you can always go for indirect effects like normal - something that a lot of high-level Negima mages are good at.

Ultimately, the only real source of Twilight Imperium feats was Asuna, and she had a tendency to only get into fights with second-stringers using the kinds of attacks she could easily lolnope, or come it at the right moment to tank a powerful conventional attack.
>>
Speaking of D&D, is it possible to teach/give magic or psionics from any of it's settings to people in other universes?

>>44892901
>>44892929
Sorry people sized portals only.
>>
>>44896360
>Speaking of D&D, is it possible to teach/give magic or psionics from any of it's settings to people in other universes?

I would guess so, because you can use magic to manipulate the nature of things.

It could be as simple as saying "I wish that this person had the potential to learn Wizardry" or granting them a template with inherent magical power.
>>
>>44896353
People keep bringing up the Lifemaker and I still don't even know what one is.

So TI is basically a kind of energy field generated by very, very high level magic instead of an innate quality?
>>
>>44896398
From what I understand, the Lifemaker is just an absurdly powerful Mage. I think he created a world of something.
>>
>>44896383
So it really is as simple as using Wish or Alter Reality to give someone magical powers?
>>
>>44896430
Jesus. He really does sound like a Sourceror.

I'm assuming he's way, way out of the Thousand Master's league then, since the Thousand Master is the protag and from what I hear even though he's absurdly talented on all fronts he doesn't lolnope everything so much as he's just really, really skilled.

>>44896437
The only responsible way to use Wish is to Wish a nigga would
>>
>>44896437
Pretty sure you can just teach the learnable things, like Wizardry.

Propably no real way to make them Sorcerors or something, since that's an inherent thing.
>>
>>44896465
Thousand Master isn't the protag, it's the protag's father. Who's been noted to be hilarious OP, but limited by not being able to remember spells apparently, needing a book to read them from.

Well, atleast that's what I got up until the point I stopped reading the manga.
>>
>>44896465
Thousand Master is Negi's father. He's busy serving as the Lifemaker's body. He was also far more of a raw power over versatility sort of caster, and was terrible at remembering spells. Negi has significantly less raw power than him but is a lot better at spellcraft to make up for it.
>>
>>44896485
You probably just straight up can't, there's no weave for them to use and they lack your jumping ability to cheat. Same sort of reason you couldn't teach someone to use Elder Scrolls magic, the infrastructure the magic relies on just ain't there.
>>
>>44896519
>>44896529
Oh! Well then. I presume the real, game breaking, world shaping, TI-making, magical turbo sexphonic delight comes from the Lifemaker's soul inhabiting him rather than the Lifemaker using him as his power battery? So he's kinda a super powerful magic wizard ghost
>>
>>44896529
So does the Gift of the Thousand Master perk put you closer to Negi or Nagi?
>>
>>44896579
Nagi presumably, he's the actual Thousand Master.
>>
>>44896561
Not all dnd relies on the weave.
>>
>>44896594
Anything that doesn't work in a dead magic zone probably ain't gonna work for people from in other settings would be my read.
>>
File: Wish Transformation.png (233KB, 542x911px) Image search: [Google]
Wish Transformation.png
233KB, 542x911px
>>44896437

Totally. The fluff version of Wish has done things like "bring this person to me from wherever he is, and render him unable to ever harm me" and "trap my unfaithful apprentice in a timeloop of her own death, keeping her sane enough to suffer, for all eternity".
>>
File: This is how I mage.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
This is how I mage.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>MFW harry potter jump
>>
>>44896591
But the Legendary Hero one doesn't actually put your strength on equal footing with Jack's does it?
>>
>>44896615
Not that anon but I was under the impression those we're more like a type of active anti-magic instead of an area they just didn't have magic energy or juju juice or whatever.
>>
>>44896642
Anti-magic zones are magic suppressed, dead magic zones plain don't have the ambient magic of the rest of the setting (meaning stuff that works in them should be fine on it's own).
>>
>>44896485
Sorcery is genetic though, so you can just use gene therapy for that.

>>44896561
The weave ONLY matters in FR. Every other DnD setting has no weave.
>>
>>44896640
I figure they give you the potential to reach the level of them, your just where they used to be when they were younger.
>>
>>44896485
Solve it the same way you would harry potter magic. By gene therapy.
>>
>>44896628
That girl's got the right idea. Lasers improve everything.
>>
>>44896692
It's hereditary, not necessarily genetic (to the best of my knowledge). You'll probably need more than just gene-therapy.

Most still have something sufficiently analogous for anti-magic and dead magic zones to exist.
>>
>>44896628
Did she turn a Sega into a gun?
>>
>>44896744
It is firing pixel effects.
>>
>>44896739
Sorcery is genetic. It comes from having a familial relation to an innately magical creature, such as a dragon, fey, demon, devil, or angel. Pretty much anything sapient and with an innate caster level, can produce a child with sorcerous potential after mating with a humanoid.
>>
>>44896715
I thought both HP wizardry and DnD sorcery have a spiritual as well as genetic component, a la Bending?
>>
>>44895589
Fair enough. Balefire is like an Elephant gun or a Barret. It's powerful, but it's kind of a specialized tool.
>>
>>44896775
Harry Potter magic at least is straight up genetic.
>>
>>44896775
>DnD
No. The only thing that might have a 'spiritual' component is certain forms of divine magic or shamanism (stuff that gets power from ACTUAL spirits or relies on your faith in something).

>Harry Potter
Not that I'm aware of. It's only ever called a genetic thing, though it acts oddly.
>>
>>44896766
Yes, this proves it is Hereditary. My point stands.
>>
>>44896791
Thus genetic. Anything else is you saying "Nuh uh you can't give it to anyone because I don't like that!"
>>
On the subject of Negima, I remember someone mentioning that you need Kanka to combine magic and ki, but can one person use both of them, just not together?
>>
>>44896739
>heredity has nothing to do with genes.

Wut
>>
>>44896789
I think the confusion comes from true love being able to power protections like the ward on Harry's reletives' house protecting him from Voldy, and burn Quirrel's face. Or how Patronuses are made from happy memories. Or maybe Horcruxes and the stone in the Snitch.

At one point snape or Dumbledore (I forgot precisely who) calls magic as much a fundamental force as time and space, so it seems like HP magic is in fact magic, it's just capable of affecting spiritual things
>>
>>44896826
I'm not sure about the second part but from what I understand Kanka combines magic and ki to do a very specific thing. Namely, punch people hard. It's punch magic also fueled by your life energy
>>
>>44896828
Harrys protection was straight up blood magic after his mother sacrificed herself for him to cast a spell to protect him from a certain person.
>>
>>44896828
Yeah, it's probably just magic being fueled or directed by your feelings, or the feelings are just conceptualizing the magic.
>>
>>44896828
>true love
I'd like to pause for a moment for a rant.
Ahem, holy shit, that was such a fucking stupid plot device that detracts from just about everyone's character who was involved.

Also, Snape is, was, and forever will be, a cockbite.
>>
>>44896877
I loved him for being such a cockbite though.
>>
>>44896802
>>44896827
I am arguing that magic from a high fantasy setting probably has more then purely genetic components. Gene therapy would be start, but I'd throw in some mystical meddling before I declared I'd given anyone magical powers.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it would probably take a bit more effort than a little gene tampering.
>>
>>44896890
You're arguing this on no basis. Come off it, asshole. Limiting people based on your own baseless assumptions and trying to force that on people in an argument.
>>
>>44896853
>>44896854
Put it like that, it really does seem like a bargain bin version of DF magic with more arbitrary limits and applications.

How does developing new HP spells work, anyway? Surely someone had to invent Patronuses and the Unforgiveable Hexes and such.

>>44896877
Meh. Almost everyone was a cockbite at some point or other. Dumblefore literally dated Wizard Hitler in his younger days.
>>
>>44896905
You basically do it by fucking around with words and wandflicks. Snape, for example, created a spell that gives him an invisible sword projected from his wand from altering what was originally a sneezing spell, I believe.
>>
>>44896890
Except in both settings kids manifesting magic lead tobrandom crazy shit without training. You gave them powers via gene therapy you teach them to use it after. You really don't need to get any more mystical than that.
>>
>>44896877
Finally! I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that.

Stupid people suddenly forgotting how much of an asshole Snape was the entire time.

>>44896905
Yeah, but Snape was a cockbite the entire time.
>>
>>44896923
Oh wait, not sneezing, tickling. Snape took a tickling charm and turned it into a "Summon an invisible, razor sharp sword to murder people."
>>
>>44896826

Kanka is the art of combining them, but you can use them separately just fine.

It's a very hard skill to learn unless you're a shonen protagonist, but it is something you could probably figure out over time.
>>
>>44896953
That sounds like bullshit, but I can believe wizards could be dense enough to overlook the potential of a tickling spell unfettered by conservation of energy.

Which makes me wonder. Could you devise a spell that can permanently dissipate Dementors? Maybe crumble them back into raw despair energy if you can't kill them?
>>
>>44896905

They do have spell research and development - the Department of Mysteries for example.

It just never gets into detail because it's extraneous to the plot.
>>
>>44896936
Hey, if that's your read I won't stop you. Just giving my opinion on possible ways of spreading magic, I tend to try to aim for slightly more difficult shit to keep my chains from running away with me.

>>44896894
You on the other hand can go sit on a pineapple.
>>
Could a lightsaber cut Excalibur?
>>
>>44896958
Okay, thanks! Is it hard because they affect each other or because learning each one normally takes years on it's own?
>>
>>44896995
>Try to take baseless opinions and force them as facts
>Why don't people like me for this?
>>
>>44896972
We don't know. The only information to go off is that no one has so far. The entire history of Azkaban and the Dementors is alarm bell central though.
>>
>>44896995
Don't mind him, there's always some defensive cockbite who flips out at people at the slightest mention of limits to try and bully people into agreeing with him instead of actually reasoning with people. Best to ignore him and move on with life.

>>44896977
A shame. That Technomancer perk is incredibly valuable for reasons like this
>>
>>44896995
That's all fine and good for you but that doesn't mean you have any right to try to impose your self imposed limits on others.
>>
>>44896883
Which is fine. The issue I have is that fans are always saying "Oh my god, Snape was really a saint who loved kids and nature and shit but was forced to be mean because he had to go undercover. And he also loved Lily, so that makes being a Death Eater, and also being a generally unpleasant person afterwards okay"
>>
>>44897013
Depends on which Excalibur.
>>
>>44896972
Basically he replaced the part that said 'tickle' with 'cut'. Pretty simple.
>>
>>44896615

I'm not sure about older or newer editions, but 3.5 actually has anti-anti-magic (and if you think it's different anti 'this place has no magic').

The Forgotten Realms setting has the feat Initiate of Mystra and the more generic Lord of Madness has a spell called Invoke Magic. Both of which can be summarized as "you might be able to use magic in places you can't use magic'.
>>
>>44897030
I don't think you can call other people bullies when you're responding to someone who was trying to bully other people into accepting his assumptions.
>>
>>44897043
Fate, king arthur, soul eater?
>>
>>44897043
Depends on the lightsaber's quality too, come to think of it.

>>44897044
Was it really that simple? So I could replace the part of Fiendfyre that says "Fire" with "water"? Surely there's more to it than that

>>44897055
I can when his tone is that of someone making speculations (I think, etc) and yours is that of someone being a defensive spaz (asshole, etc).
>>
>>44897038
The Snape/Lilly childhood made me feel bad for Petunia more than either really.
>>
>>44897056
Nope, maybe, nope.
>>
>>44897069
I called him an asshole after he kept trying to say his opinion is fact after facts from the setting were pointed out to him. He deserved that. You liking his tone better doesn't really change that he was trying to force a baseless assumption on others.
>>
>>44897045
Oh boy.

How deep does this rabbit hole go? Is there anti-anti-anti magic, or does it go all the way back to anti-magic beating anti-anti magic?
>>
>>44897069
There might be more to it sometimes, but that's all it took to make that spell change.
>>
>>44897034
Which is why I worded all my posts as opinion or argument rather than fact. I wanted to open a discourse, not give a dictation.
>>
>>44897106
Continuing to restate the same point like law after given counterpoints does not come across as 'discourse', it comes across as you being pigheaded.
>>
>>44897069
Jk rotfling didn't put much thought into her magic system.
>>
>>44897045
Loading up on those would probably be the smart way to go than.

>>44897083
3.5 earned it's reputation, use enough splats and eventually you don't even know anymore.
>>
>>44897139
That's why splats were all optional, though. It only gets messy when your DM doesn't put a limit on what he'll allow.
>>
>>44897082
And whether or not you're factually correct doesn't change my opinion of you..

I am curious as to where the citations for this stuff are, though. And whether in DnD people have actually attempted genetic engineering with sorcerors without magic.

>>44897120
Oh, and ad hominems being spoken on behalf of other folks like me don't make you come across as
well intentioned, they make you come across as overbearing.

>>44897125
It's kinda ironic how I like Jim Butcher and Terry Pratchett's ones far better, and they're also a lot more freeform fundamentally.
>>
>>44896972
>permanently dissipate Dementors?
There's a spell for that: Summon JPop. Whatever else it may be or do, it is impossible to be depressed around something so hyper and happy as JPop.
>>
>>44897164
>Jim Butcher and Terry Pratchett's ones
I prefer them too, but they also come with major problems. At least, in-setting.
>>
>>44897164
I can't say I care about your opinion in the least. Your mental image of an anon is hardly relevant to anyone.

>Citations
Easiest to look up is the core description of sorcerers and the description of some of the various PRCs that require innate casting, such as dragonblooded.
>>
>>44897216
Meh, that's only FR, and people do get around that in some ways. Like the Owlbear was created by a wizard experimenting with fusing animals. Nothing very precise, but I could see a wizard taking that approach to try and make a sorcerer.
>>
>>44896972
>Could you devise a spell that can permanently dissipate Dementors?
It's easier to just punch them in the face with holy magic, or whip them to death with a holy whip.
>>
>>44897164
DnD isnt allowed to have a tech rating high enough for genetic engineering because they all bully their God of Technology into uselessness.

Rowling herself has said magic in her setting is genetic.
>>
>>44897248
Kinky.
>>
>>44897190
Good to know the feeling's mutual, faggot. And it's relevant so long as you understand you're not speaking for all of us and I for one don't appreciate some spastic ass freaking out in the middle of a discussion.

>Core descriptions

Man. It's been ages since I've actually played DnD.

>>44897178
I dont' know how to break this to you.

But some people fuckin' hate JPop, anon.

>>44897187
Solveable ones, mind. Regulatory bodies and big dinners.
>>
>>44897270
>Freaking out
>Using a mean name
God how often have you talked with anyone outside of a hugbox?
>>
>>44897248
I thought they can't die normally, so I figured complete disintegration would be the way to go.

>>44897251
Oh, I new about Just Kidding Rowling's magic being genetic. It's just been a literal year since I've played DnD.
>>
>>44897270
>>44897236
Sorry had to fix the horrible grammer.
>>
>>44897285
Long enough to know there's a distinction between explaining to someone why they're wrong and being a whiny, self-righteous bitch about it.
>>
>>44897288
They can't. Dementors and a few other horrible evil monsters are eternal, they can never be killed. They can just be weakened and dissipated to the point where they can't effect the world.

This is part of why Azkaban was so horrible, because more despair can MAKE Dementors, but you can't ever get rid of them for good. They were permanently increasing the aggregate misery of the world.

>>44897315
>Whiny and self righteous
>Using a mean name
Again, I restate what I said. You're easily offended and need to stop complaining about this one point like you'll change anything or get me not to call someone annoying an ass.
>>
Oh good, this thread was getting too civil a while ago.
>>
If a jump gives you the option of being a race other than human, do we just assume that we get that race as an alternate form?
>>
>>44897270
>But some people fuckin' hate JPop, anon.
Fair enough, but does it make you depressed? If it's a love-hate reaction, then it'd still serve the purpose of banishing a Dementor.
>>
>>44897508
Yes.
>>
>>44897508
Of course. That's how I've always heard it was, and that's how I do it.
>>
>>44897178
So, your patronus is a JPop idol?
>>
What all can you do with Aura from Pokemon?
>>
>>44897583
Super kungfu
DBZ lasers
Elemental and healing aura waves (dark pulse, water pulse, and healing pulse come to mind immediate)
Detect emotions
>>
>>44897583
Make Christmas Cake jokes.
>>
>>44897288
>>44897341
They can't die normally through the use of known Harry Potter powers. However, remember that you're an out-of context problem. Alan Wake, Buffy, Castlevania, Dresden Files, etc. - there are a lot of Jumps where you can learn how to make things that think they're invincible learn otherwise.
>>
>>44897678
That's true, just stating how they work in their own setting.
>>
Has anyone ever uplifted a species to sapience? If so, why did you do it? If you did it, what were the results? What did they do and how did they view you?
>>
>>44897082
>facts from the setting
>sorcerer potential is all genetic
>people can literally develop this shit from just hanging around dragons or elementals or whatever
>like, not even when they're casting spells on them or fucking them or whatever, just plain hanging around in a human disguise and playing politics
>genetics only
Ok then.
>>
>>44897599
>Elemental and healing aura waves (dark pulse, water pulse, and healing pulse come to mind immediate)
Wait, really?
>>
File: 1425881258911.png (218KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1425881258911.png
218KB, 600x568px
>>44897754
And where do you get that implication anon? I never read that anywhere so you're going to have to point it out to me. Even if the pussyfoot around it sometimes the inheritance of sorcerous potential is pretty well supported.

>>44897782
Yeah, there's an ability that boosts aura attacks and it works on them too. I'd have to look it up for the name. So people assume they're aura related.
>>
>>44897754

Sorcerous power comes from a lot of things.

Typically it's from your blood having mingled with that of an inherently magical creature, but in fluff it can come from contact with magical things and so on. Hell, you could probably become a sorcerer by a blood transfusion - DnD doesn't have genetics in any really technical sense.
>>
>>44897817
DnD has genetics, it doesn't really need to have Gandalf pop up and explain punnet squares to the PCs to know that people inherit their appearances from their parents and regardless of whether or not Mendel exists in the setting, pea plants can still be bred to be larger or smaller.
>>
>>44897817
I mean hell, if my memory serves me well, that's where most of the Goblinoids came from. Genetic engineering (in the selective breeding sense) among Hobgoblins to create social castes.
>>
>>44897865
The problem is that magic often seems to work via Lamarckian rules instead of Mendelian, so you get some weird interactions. Genetic inheritance definitely exists, it's just a lot more complicated when you have magical mutagens.
>>
>>44897800
Mega Launcher powers up aura and pulse moves, so it's entirely possible that Pulse moves are not Aura-based at all. Not to mention the only Pokemon that have that ability don't seem to be tied to Aura at all.
>>
>>44897865
Ok, well that's fantastic and all, but when a human and a polymorphed dragon bang and the result is a half-human with scales and wings and firebreath (or not wings because they're medium sized), you don't have to see them doing magic to know there's a bit more going on than genetics there.
>>
>>44897891
Sure, I'm just countering the idea that genetics don't exist 'in a technical sense'. They do, all evidence seems to indicate it what with things like the Hobgoblins using selective breeding.

>>44897906
Maybe, but at that point you're basically equally justified in making either choice, aren't you?

>>44897920
No, you don't. You see absolutely nothing indicating there's more than genetics going on there just because DnD humans and DnD dragons are stupidly cross-fertile.
>>
>>44897891
>>44897817

What I'm getting from this is that simply being a magic user in a DnD jump turns your blood into some eldritch fucking slurry and that DnD magic is like nuclear radiation
>>
>>44897937
>Maybe, but at that point you're basically equally justified in making either choice, aren't you?
Pretty much, yeah. Might be a good idea to look at whatever special moves Lucario can pull off and go from there?
>>
>>44897961
I'd fold pulse stuff in myself, but universally, whether you do that or not, looking at Lucario's physical and energy feats should be the foundation of how you see Aura.
>>
>>44897920
Just because you shoved someone into a jello mold marked human doesnt mean their dna is human.

Besides dragons in that setting can literally fuck rocks and get them pregnant. Dragon sperm is basically a xenomorph.
>>
>>44898021
It really was weird how they chose to make dragons super into having sex with non-dragons and capable of shapeshifting into any mortal form. Just, why? Did Gygax really want everyone to have a dragon waifu/husbando?
>>
Isn't there a sorcerer bloodline that originates just from some of your ancestors being Wizards?
>>
>>44898021
>Besides dragons in that setting can literally fuck rocks and get them pregnant.
>>44897920
>to know there's a bit more going on than genetics there
So, uh, thanks for reinforcing my point, I guess.
>>
>>44898058
Genetics don't stop being genetics just because they're magic genetics.

Just like the magic genes in Harry Potter don't stop being genes just because they randomly switch off for no reason.
>>
>>44898071
In Discworld, adopted children can inherit genetic abilities from their adopted parents. And one character literally got slapped so hard that his kid had a mark on her cheek.
>>
>>44898058
Not really, dragons just have some super agressive dna. It's still genetics unless you think Xenomorphs from alien or predator are all magical.
>>
>>44898094
We aren't talking about Diskworld.
>>
>>44898106
He said magic genetics. That's a pretty sweeping generalization.
>>
>>44898133
And like all general statements, it can have exceptions without being invalid.
>>
>>44898133
Now you're just being pedantic.
>>
>>44898054
Nah. It's either dragons, fiends, or something with powerful inherent magic.
>>
>>44898173
Fey are another big one. Especially for elves.
>>
File: toriel.png (7KB, 500x129px) Image search: [Google]
toriel.png
7KB, 500x129px
If I'm a Boss Monster in Undertale, am I by default as strong as Toriel/Asgore, or would I need Magnifying Magic? Considering that, stat-wise (though both are jobbing super hard since neither wants to fight you) they're both just a step below someone that's empowered by every other monster in the Underground.
>>
>>44898054
That one's Pathfinder I believe.
>>
>>44898194
I think it's funny that the only person who rivals a Boss Monster in any stat on their own is fucking Papyrus, when he's not even all that into fighting you either. Not Undine or anything, Papyrus even outstats her.
>>
>>44898100
>just have some super agressive dna.
>can literally fuck rocks and get them pregnant.
Tell me, anon, do you know how magnets work?
>>
>>44898228
Do you know how magic dna works?
>>
>>44893471
I haven't gone Light of Terra and I don't plan to.
Call me a coward but risking my life and/or dealing with possible Slaaneshi taint or BOTH doesn't sound like a fun time.
>>
>>44898154
Hey now, I'm also being shallow.
>>
>>44898194
I think you'd need Magnifying Magic. Asgore and Toriel are old and experienced, they've had a lot of time to hone their magic skills.
>>
>>44898248
How are you gonna handle Red's Chaos jump then?

Oh, that reminds me. Hey Red, there's a perk in 40k Redux for the Sisters that specifies that you'd actually get a sweeter deal and better treatment if you go Chaos. I know you're probably not going to make hard rulings on how that'll interact with your jump, but how do you have an opinion or ideas how that'll effect it?
>>
>>44898184
Fair point.
>>
>>44898248
Coward.
>>
>>44898296
Anon his spirit animal is a bunny rabbit. What can you expect?
>>
>>44898228
Do you know how dragon genetics work? Dragon has sex with x has a half dragon.

That means half dragon plants, machines, constructs, people, animals, what have you. Which can then breed to pass on those dragon traits. Thats genetics, its wonky genetics but still genetics. Hell the fact that a dragon can mate with anything should prove that dragon genetics would work BETTER for any gene fuckery because dragon blood does the horizontal tango with literally anyone.
>>
>>44898283
>there's a perk in 40k Redux for the Sisters that specifies that you'd actually get a sweeter deal and better treatment if you go Chaos.
wot?
>>
>>44898215
Papyrus probably Saitama'd his way into having super stats. The trouble is, he has even less killing intent than Greater and Lesser Dog
>>
>>44898307
>"All the world will be your enemy, Prince With A Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first, they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."
>>
>>44898283
> I know you're probably not going to make hard rulings on how that'll interact with your jump, but how do you have an opinion or ideas how that'll effect it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc
>>
>>44898320
I believe it's their capstone? The one that gives you strong Faith powers and sets you on the road to being a Living Saint, more or less. It says that Chaos would really like to corrupt someone like you too, and would play softball with you the way they do powerful mortals and Primarchs and shit, instead of just zapping you into a chaos beast on a whim.

>>44898329
That's also why it's a bit of a shame that Undyn never seriously trained him as a warrior because his stats would probably be ridiculous, but she had a good point that he'd never last on the battlefield. He's too pure, perfect cinnamon bun etc etc.

>>44898338
Red please.

Now I also have to ask you how it'd interact with going chaos in Dogs of War.
>>
>>44898283
Chaos spawn harlot always pushes her heretical ways.
>>
>>44897800
>>44897782
>>44897599

From the wiki...
"Aura (Japanese: 波導 wave-guiding) is a form of spiritual energy introduced in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. It is described as the essence of every living creature."
"Various moves whose Japanese names contain はどう wave/pulse seem to use Aura."

>Originally called Wave-guiding ability
>The aforementioned moves all have Wave in their name

I mean you can go either way but I don't think anyone would blame you for giving yourself the abilities of the "pulse" powers.
Psionics should give you similarly potent but different powers, I think.
(For what its worth, Aura Guardian in Pokemon Tabletop Unity gives you those abilities aas class powers when you level up)
>>
>>44898395
>Pokemon Tabletop Unity
wat
>>
>>44898368
>Faith Powers 600cp (Discount Sister of Battle): Through your unbreakable faith, you may channel a small fraction of the Emperor’s power, akin to a Living Saint. These abilities aren’t as spectacular as those with the Psyker perk, and it works best alongside groups of pious allies. Also unlike Psykers, these powers carry virtually no risk of blowing up in your face. Should you forsake the Imperial Faith and convert to Chaos, you will lose these powers but the Dark Gods will prove oddly charitable; any Mutations or “Blessings” you receive will be beneficial unless Chaos is actually trying to punish you for something.
To me that just reads that if you leave the Imperium for Chaos, you'll just get powers comparable to your Faith powers but for Chaos.

Unless there's something I'm not seeing. I'm not strong on 40k lore.
>>
File: f89.png (981KB, 680x374px) Image search: [Google]
f89.png
981KB, 680x374px
>>44898283
>taking the trap jump
You high, son?
>>
>>44898441
It's saying that Chaos won't warp you into a useless monster or fuck you over on a whim, that they'll play softball (go easy) on you like I said, and generally empower you until you've done something to earn punishment.
>>
>>44896923
>Snape, for example, created a spell that gives him an invisible sword projected from his wand from altering what was originally a sneezing spell, I believe.
>>44896953
>Oh wait, not sneezing, tickling.

Kindly stop making shit up and confusing the first years. The only link is that they both have sempra in them.
>>
File: 1245987548587.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1245987548587.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>44898368
>Now I also have to ask you how it'd interact with going chaos in Dogs of War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI
>>
>>44898454
Hokay.

>Chaos Jump
Ugh. I know I'm going to want to take this, but I have no idea how to justify it.
>>
>>44898395
I'd say Psionics is even more potent considering it involves things like teleporting and warping apace or time or something so that the faster you are the slower you become and vice versa. And iirc, Gardevoir can create a miniature black hole through telekinesis, although the strain would kill the user.
>>
>>44898573
Posting via cellphone I see?
>>
>>44898309
>Original anon says there's probably more to it than just genetics, there's probably magic involved as well
>"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, THERE'S NO PROOF THERE'S ANY MAGIC INVOLVED, IT'S ALL GENETICS"
>Point out polymorphed dragons somehow making halfbreeds that only get wings if they're larger
>"DON'T BE SILLY THAT'S JUST DRAGON GENETICS THEY CAN FUCK ANYTHING EVEN ROCKS OR PLANTS OR MACHINES AND IT'LL HAVE KIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE SUPER-GENES, NO MAGIC INVOLVED."
I am seriously tempted to keep this up and just see how deep a hole can be dug, but I think it's time to stopped posting and I don't think it's going to be you. So, congratulations, I guess.
>>
>>44898338
>>44898468
Oh fuck you Red.

I can taste the salt from my future self's tears and hear his CP draining away into oblivion. That's how bad that's going to be.

Damn you for placing this curse upon us!
>>
>>44898641
Just gonna point out that that was the first thing I had posted in that whole argument. The point of which was that dragon DNA might work via magic but it still goes by the laws of regular genetics. You can set there and complain and whine all you want but it still works via genetics.
>>
>>44898547
>>Chaos Jump
>Ugh. I know I'm going to want to take this, but I have no idea how to justify it.
She said there's going to be a Loyalist route, so you can still jump it.
>>
>>44898641
>hurr durr stop it cause I don like it.
>>
>>44898641

Exactly! And even more - there isn't even any guarantee that genetics as "modern science knows it" can exist.

The Prime Material plane is literally composed from the interplay of primordial elemental energies.

Humans are made from Fire and Air and Water and Earth. They have souls made of Positive Energy.

If you look through a good enough microscope, you might see tiny elemental currents.

>>44898695

>dragon DNA might work via magic but it still goes by the laws of regular genetics

Do demons have DNA? When you cast Nar Fiendbond, are you genetically manipulating the DNA of the target to express fiendish traits?

When your parent was an Outsider - a being of physically embodied soulstuff - does that mean you have DNA partially composed of souls?

What about if you breed with a Water Elemental?

There's nothing regular about it, and you calling it genetics is misleading - you seem to assume it will play by the rules of modern science when it obviously has its own rules.
>>
>>44898441
>any Mutations or “Blessings” you receive will be beneficial unless Chaos is actually trying to punish you for something.
Given how liable Chaos is to fuck you over on a whim, as a test, because they had some scheme against your best interests, or even just as random Warp chance with no higher power involvement that is a massive boon.
I mean, it's not going to be anywhere near enough given how fickle the Dark Gods are about punishments and failures and the fact that the 4 of them have massively different desires, but it's still a pretty big deal.
>>
>>44898641
Everyone's point was that it's genetic. Magic genetics doesn't stop it from being genetic, and doesn't stop you from splicing magic genes into people to give them magic.

>>44898753
Are you finally happy you got an uninformed idiot to agree with you?
>>
>>44898753
Welcome to Hobgoblin selective breeding, by the way.
>>
>>44898753
How does any of that disprove that it works on genetics?
>>
File: Cultist_Chan_AT.jpg (59KB, 421x292px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist_Chan_AT.jpg
59KB, 421x292px
>>44898707
Confirmed.

>>44898645
>>44898755
>pic related
In all seriousness though... who's even to say that Chaos liking you is a good thing or a bad thing? After all, their definition of "gift" might be completely different from you (I mean what's better than two eyes? TEN EYES, OF COURSE), or they might put you in a situation where you HAVE to receive it, resulting in being driven into their clutches more and more. Yet at the same time, when they want to make their followers a one-person wrecking ball of madness and complete destruction they don't exactly half-ass it, and once the Primarchs were firmly in their camp a lot of the dickery sort of fell off the wayside as far as I know (you can never tell with that asshole Tzeentch).

In all truth I think it's going to be difficult to determine whether past history with them is a good thing or a bad thing. More importantly, I don't think I CAN tell people whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, because everyone's going to have their own opinion on the matter. The only thing I can say for certain is that it would make things... 'interesting' regarding interactions. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>44898908
At this point I think that anon is just being contradictory and incredibly salt because those other others disagreed with him and said mean things.
>>
>>44898917
Yeah, but the thing is, they're gonna give you mutations that have a positive benefit. They wouldn't give you ten eyes that didn't do anything, they'd give you ten eyes that saw ten miles away and shot laser beams. That's what the perk does.
>>
>>44898917
>cant decide between slaanesh or khorne.

Why u do dis to me red?
>>
>>44898974
>Shoot laser beams
Fuck that, I'd rather have eyes that could shoot Papa Nurgle acid.
>>
>>44899021
Hey, far be it from me to question you for wanting to be filled with papa's juice.
>>
>>44898839

Okay, see, the thing is you obviously know nothing about the actual metaphysics of the DnD settings.

So, this is pointless. You're going to keep insisting that it's real-world genetics and that magic is only an enabler that "makes it work" with things that it shouldn't.

It might. But it probably doesn't.

After a point, it becomes simpler to abandon the concept of modern genetics as being applicable.

Again, the Prime and everything on it is composed of Elemental material. It is not made of atoms, it is made of Earth and Air and Fire and Water. Assuming that these combine to make DNA and cells is reaching.
>>
>>44898974
Sure, they give you eyes that do cool shit, but that seems a bit overkill. It's not really mentioned that the mutations get better like that. Just that you only get the beneficial ones, unless specifically punished.

The perk mostly seems to just protect you from getting stuff like ten eyes located on your ass, that do nothing. As a "Blessing"
>>
>>44899130
Here's you trying to force people to accept your opinions again. I don't know why you have a hard time accepting that other people think differently. That's literally all you have to do, say "Okay I think differently but your way is valid.", but you're incapable. This whole time you've been seeing people disagree and have tried to MAKE them think like you, and got upset when they were annoyed at this. This has only made you angrier and got you to accuse other people of being bitches or whatever. Because you cannot let other people believe differently from you. You have to be 'right', despite nobody trying to say you have to think like them.
>>
>>44899016
Don't worry. You'll be able to choose perks from both. Just remember they have mutually exclusive sections that you can't choose if you're not the right background. Isn't choice wonderful?

>>44898974
Well I'm not sure what to tell you, then. We have over five hundred jumps by now, and quite frankly it's completely stupid to try and account for each and every one of them. If I tried to do that, I'd never be finished and I'll probably get even more flak for it than I likely will when the jump comes out. Especially since I'm likely not going to be throwing out massive battleships on a whim.

Even then, 'beneficial' is very vague. Ten eyes can let you see more. Even if they were just normal eyes, seeing more is beneficial, right? If they were on the back of your head, you won't get surprised often. Surely that's a boon? Heck, eyes are very sensitive in regards to what they feel too, even the slightest debris is felt when in your eye. Would it not be beneficial to feel something like that in case it's the prelude to a trap?

You can see how pedantic this can get, so what I'm going to say on it is I'm likely to just smile, nod my head, and say how it's your story and you interpret perk meshing how you want. To try and say "no this is how it meshes" is only going to create arguments and shitstorms.
>>
Did any of you steal the hogyoku in bleach? I did and its just been sitting on the shelf in my warehouse for the last 20 jumps. what am I supposed to use this thing for?
>>
>>44899142
That's called an example. Don't take it seriously, weirdo.

>>44899178
Hey I don't expect you to make a hard ruling Red, I said that right off.
>>
So, /jc/, how many gods have you killed?
>>
>>44899183
Evolve. Or destroy it. Preferably destroy it. Too risky otherwise.
>>
>>44899235
How many breads have you eaten in your life?
>>
>>44899248
How many roads must a Jumper walk down before you can call them a Jumper?
>>
>>44899248
None. I eat my bread in the singular, thank you very much.
(and before you say anything, my sandwiches are part of the same loaf)
>>
>>44899349
>>
>>44899183
Replace your heart with it and power up like a motherfucker.

Make sure you have willpower perks and at least one of those "when you have a goal, you don't backdown"-type perks. Might want to throw in that one perk from Robocop too. Gotta make sure the Hoggy doesn't decide you don't want it.

Also make sure you rein in any intrusive thoughts. And don't get arrogant! If you think you're powerful enough just because of it, you might accidentally disable the powers your benefactor gave you, like how it destroyed Aizen's zanpakuto and he rationalized it as him not needing it anymore.
>>
>>44899349
>>44899361
Is there a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy jump in the works?
>>
Single repetition learner on SAO tutorial perk means that you learn stuff by repeating them a single time?
>>
>>44899130

You forgot Positive and Negative, possibly Shadow if you count the Plane of Shadow as where darkness comes from, and the various materials of the quasi-elemental planes.
>>
>>44899431
Yes. HOW, did you not get that.
>>
File: 1436901827914.jpg (30KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
1436901827914.jpg
30KB, 300x219px
>>44899372
>And don't get arrogant!
>wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

>>44899218
Sorry, sorry. I'm just kind of expecting all kinds of things to happen when I start working on it. After all, Light of Terra essentially put down a hell of an act to follow, and since Black Crusade focused on personal acts of the character (and the powers they could gain as a result) rather than fuckhuge skirmishes like Battlefleet Gothic, I'm admittedly nervous of how people will treat the end result.

On that note, how should I even do transportation? I mean, should I make it so people have to arrange their own transport with other warbands, or grant a personal craft with miniature navigation/gellar fields, or what?
>>
>>44899183
No I fucked off in hueco Mundo and made arrancar/shinigami hybrids. Stayed away from the plot until quincy's came knocking.
>>
>>44899634
>spoiler
Well if BC is what this jump is based off of and BC is more personal narrative, I'd suggest that if you include that you just do it in passing. I get that this jump would /likely as not/ not be someone's first jump, but my personal philosophy is that every jump should be accessible as a first jump, though not necessarily easily survivable.

tl;dr - Make it a quick and dirty option, kinda like the treeships in Tenchi.
>>
>>44899777
>ut my personal philosophy is that every jump should be accessible as a first jump, though not necessarily easily survivable
Funny enough, that's how I try to design my jumps. Always make it so it can be accessible, just not necessarily easy. Of course it won't be easy for people with multiple jumps under their belt either, but that's neither here nor there.

I might end up doing that, then. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>44899349
Less than one, else they'd be a Walker.
>>
>>44899248
Eleven. I prefer Japanese food.
>>
>>44899634
A vehicle import option would be cool, nothing extreme just the option to add on warp travel,But if you're adding Warp travel and Gellar fields You're going to have to have an answer for why you don't need a navigator,Or offer a navigator companion.
>>
>>44899634
Can I please second >>44900135

We have too few vehicle imports and bringing my boat over to get khorned up would be amazing.
>>
>>44900135
>>44900223
Define 'Boat'.

In truth I had thought about using DAoT, like some kind of computer that could do warp travel, but there was mixed reactions when I pitched it. I might decide later.
>>
>>44900417
My boats a cabbit. I want a khorned up cabbit ship please.
>>
>>44900467

So the Monty Python Rabbit's half-cat cousin?
>>
>>44900522
With horns.
>>
>>44900467
>>44900522
>>44900564
"Lookit the bones!"
>>
Jumpers have any of you ever helped orphans you've come across? Did you ever raise them or just take care of them til you found place to drop them off?
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 500x411px
Oh, if it's based on BC. In the screaming vortex (where BC takes place, it's basically between Koronus Expanse & Calixis Sector, then you take a jump to the left, and a step to the right), there's multiple ways of getting places.

Stealing ships is always an option, but also teleportation. Seeing how time/space doesn't really play by same rules with Chaos, you can step off somewhere and be on totally different planet. Then there's taking a taxi. There's a group of sorcerers with the fastest ships in the Vortex. If you pay them well enough in slaves, artifacts, or whatever, they'll ferry you. Just don't try going out of Screaming Vortex, the ships are only quasireal and can't exist without high concentration of warp energy.
>>
>>44899178
>I'm likely not going to be throwing out massive battleships on a whim.

Passive aggressive much?
>>
Where can I get weather manipulation abilities?
>>
>>44901130
Marvel jump (Not MCU)
Star Wars: Clone Wars
>>
>>44901130
InFamous, Elektrokinesis. Presumably Cryokinesis as well at some point. InFamous powers are kinda bullshit in their versatility
>>
>>44901053
My Sisters from Nechronica count, right?
>>
Am I misunderstanding something, or does the Doorlord ability from Adventure Time completely ruin the point of choosing a location at the start of each jump, since you can just teleport anywhere?
>>
>>44901164
Marvel Jump? How? Stealing Storm's genes?
>>
>>44901246
>He thinks that ability is the only one that can give you teleporation
You're new right?
>>
>>44901219
Yeah I think those count.
>>
>>44901266
Okay then, let me rephrase this. Once you get a teleportation perk, paying to choose a location becomes pointless, right?
>>
>>44901247
I wasn't thinking of that, actually.
I was thinking of the Kinesis perk.
>>
>>44901302
And once you get a gender changing perk, paying to change gender is pointless. What of it?
>>
>>44901246
If you're going Drop In, yes. If you want a background in that universe then the location selection matters, since it can influence the story you're stepping into.
>>
>>44901246
1. That's a stupid complaint because lots of abilities let you get other places.
2. Ignore above, it doesn't negate it in /all/ settings 'cause some of them use different eras.
>>
>>44901306
Really? That seems kind've outside of the scope of Kinesis.
>>
>>44901302

Depends. Some jumps have locations that are in different time periods or in alternate planes you can't directly teleport to.
>>
For those who did not know of it, regarding Bloodborne.

When you perform Visceral attack, it is hard to see but if you look at it closely, you see that your character has beast's hands.

The Visceral Attacks are actually you turning them into Beast-hands to do it. Not the weapon but hands.

This is also why the villagers or such on start call you a beast. Because you are. Hunters simply can somewhat control their beasthood up to a certain point.
>>
>>44901400
So you beat them with your bear hands?
>>
>>44901354
Yeah, you might be right.
I guess we'll just have to ask Marvel.
>>
>>44901400
Okay? I don't think anyone was disputing that. I'm pretty sure the jump even explicitly states that as a Hunter you're part-Beast.
>>
>>44901122
Pardon?
>>
>>44901440
It's just saying that your hand temporarily transforms into a beast hand during that. Like a partial werewolf.

Also, I must ask. WHEN IS THE METAL WOLF CHAOS JUMP?

Or better, having a drawback/perk that replaces Doll's dialogue with that of Jodie from Metal Wolf Chaos? Or of other important Souls games characters.

ELECTED UNDEAD
SEEK VICE UNDEAD VENDRICK
BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN META

FAREWELL GOOD PRESIDENT
MAY YOU FIND YOUR OWN JUSTICE IN THE WAKING WORLD
>>
>>44901431
Weather kinesis+strong+strong+strong+strong+strong might do it.
>>
>>44901544
Riddick when?
>>
Speaking of Bloodborne, was the Old Blood they talked about the blood of Ebrietas or someone else?
>>
File: BMObro.png (335KB, 1162x939px) Image search: [Google]
BMObro.png
335KB, 1162x939px
I have Mechanic (Pokemon) and Brilliant Inventor (Adventure Time). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could upgrade BMO whilst keeping him as an adorable tiny robot?
>>
>>44901557
Wait, can you buy the same option multiple times?
>>
File: MacrossWHAT.png (3MB, 3272x1736px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossWHAT.png
3MB, 3272x1736px
>>44901544
Hah! Next, you'll suggest Metal Slug jump. Or Devil's Third.

>>44898917
The most important thing is that you have fun creating this. Are you having fun, Red?
>>
>>44901741
I think so.
>>
At this point, why didn't Marvel just write "ask me about a superpower and I'll tell you if it's allowed and how much it costs"?
>>
What kind of abilities work with ensoul from card captor? I know it says magic but what all counts as magic for its purposes?
>>
>>44901741
No, not in the same combo anyway.
>>
>>44902127
And where does it say that? I have seen multiple combos with it.
>>
>>44901741
Yes, you can. Marvel_anon said it gets you diminishing returns, however. Need the cite?
>>
>>44901557
>>44901741
>>44901937
>>44902021
>>44902127
>>44902142

There really needs to be a notes section on that jump.
>>
>>44902021
Honestly, from what I understand the original plan was for all the powers to be separate.

And then some people complained and he changed it so's you could combo the powers.

Personally I think the whole business of comboing powers is silly and just deal with 'em individually.

>>44902024
I'd go with anything from a series which the author refers to as a system of magic to avoid the confusion of things like Ar Tonelico
>>
>>44902221
Would Para-magic count?
>>
>>44902197
Honestly, a citation would be great. Could point people in that direction in the future.
>>
Profane Star Wars question: shouldn't light saber emit a considerable amount of heat and light much like an over-sized blowtorch? If so, wouldn't it damage the wielder?
>>
>>44902316
The containment field that holds the plasma also prevents the dispersal of heat energy.
>>
>>44902316
Something something electromagnetic containment fields. Realistically it should still be too hot to hold, but this is a soft sci-fi setting.
>>
>>44902265

Here we go. An anon asked in https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38077573/#q38083049
>Question about the Marvel jump, I saw the magneto build someone made and was wondering how much does the Strength perk effect Kinesis?
>Also is it possible to stack strength on its own so we can lift 30+ tons?

Marvel's response in https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38077573/#q38083123

> >>38083049
>I can't give you a straight ratio, as it depends (as kinesis always does) on what kind of thing you have control of. For TK it's a straight1:1, though. And stacking strength... I dunno. I'm tempted to say no, but that's just because I'd really hate to see builds that were "Marvel: No drawbacks: 10x Toughness (1000 CP): I'm now immune to everything." So... yes, you can stack it, but expect some form of diminishing returns.
>>
>>44901586
Why are there so many people begging for Jumps recently? Have we forgotten Rule 1?
>>
>>44902021
Because I honestly intended and expected most people to just pick up the listed powers and left the combos in as a "aww, but I wanted to be X" solution. Never expected this.

>>44902202
Oddly enough, when I tried to add one people bitched at me.

>>44902487
Thank you, I was looking for that.
>>
>>44897023
It's because they affect each other; also, magic has at least some genetic component.
>>
>>44901306
Yeah, that would work, though you'd definitely need to pick up at least Strength and probably Flexibility to get anywhere close to her power and flexibility.
>>
>>44902261
Oh yeah, for sure. It's a type of magic produced by tech from natural phenomena that otherwise functions as magic, FF's funny like that
>>
>>44902617
>Flexibility
There isn't a Flexibility perk. Perhaps Elasticity?
>>
>>44902860
Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies.
>>
>>44900467
>>44901916
>>Implying any of these are bad ideas.
>>
>>44902617
Hmm. So... Storm's power: Kinesis (weather) +Energy (for her range and the weather-generated lightning going where you want rather than just the nearest ground) +Elasticity (for controlling/mixing different weather effects) +Strength (for power enough to toss a car with a tornado). 600 CP before discounts.

Though to actually be on Storm's level, you'd probably want to stack Strength several times (burn, CP, burn). The lady is OP when she really gets going.
>>
>>44903059
Sounds about right.
>>
>>44902569
I don't think this is true. The strength of your magic may be partially genetic, but when The (I think it was) asks, Negi says that basically anyone can learn magic.
>>
>>44902541
>Oddly enough, when I tried to add one people bitched at me.

Fuck the haters.

You should add a couple of notes, at least on the stuff you've already answered, so that we and you don't have to go through this every single time someone has a question.

Discussion is great and all, but having the same conversation every 2 or 3 threads gets old fast.
>>
>>44903128
I meant Yue. When Yue asks.

Fucking Autocorrect.
>>
>>44903118
Can I just do this myself if I promise not to be a munchkin? Assuming that I even want something special. Oh wait, I don't need to even say this. Oh well, good to ask permission to fuck around with someone's creation, I suppose.
>>
>>44903135
Agreed.
>>
Any update on the Grrl Power Jump?
>>
>>44903128
Could be. I don't remember it that way, but I simply don't have time right now to run down the page and check. There certainly is some sort of genetic component, and magic can run in families, however. I'll trust you, though I'm sure there are people who would appreciate a citation.

>>44903249
>>44903135
I'll try to put one together soon then. We may have a mini-snowpocalypse, and that may free up some time temporarily.

>>44903203
Do what? Use that power combination? Sure.
>>
>>44903375
>Do what?
I mean try to judge for myself what combo of perks I need for a power.
>>
>>44903407
Yeah. You'd need approval, but as you mentioned (and someone stated last thread) everyone's just going to ignore what they don't like anyway, so just be reasonable and don't make it an issue. Ultimately, making interesting things that are priced what they're worth is the goal.
>>
>>44899634
>On that note, how should I even do transportation?
Set up big ritual circles to rip open a portal in tim-, er, to the warp, try to get somewhere interesting.
It'll be fun.
(Obviously shouldn't be an option for Loyalist. Kaldor Draigo pls go.)
>>
>>44903802
>rip open a portal in time
Brb shoving Aku in a pod and taking him to 40k.
>>
>>44903890
That makes me want to start podding villians to take with me to wh40k.
>>
>>44904003
Dio vs. Chaos: FIGHT!!!
>>
>>44904003
I'd grab Professor Zoom just so he could pull the It Was Me, Barry bit on the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>44904071
>Offer DC heroes the ultimate prison for villains, your pods
>They don't know you're actually assembling an army to troll chaos
>>
I've been looking for a while, but I can't find the jump that removes limits on growth potential. What was it?
>>
>>44904166
Diablo, Elona, Obsidian Tower
>>
>>44904181
My thanks.
>>
>>44904149
You'd have to be selective in who you take, though. Things could backfire massively if you took, say, Darkseid for example. Or worse, Parallax. Don't need a 5th Chaos God in the Warpbowl
>>
>>44904166
Softcap from Elona and Folded 1000 times from Obsidian Tower.

>>44904181
>Diablo
Being reworked, the one on the drive is shit and was stealth uploaded.
>>
>>44904071
>It Was Me, Barry bit
wot
>>
>>44904198
I dunno, that sounds like a great thing to watch. I'm sure the benefactor would be pleased.
>>
>>44903890
My dark work here is done.
>>
>>44904221
Remember that time your house burned down?

It was me barry!
>>
File: eKMom3J.jpg (280KB, 1911x1110px) Image search: [Google]
eKMom3J.jpg
280KB, 1911x1110px
>>44904221
>>
>>44904071
>>44904339
"Do you remember that time you were about to corrupt that Sororitas, but she had a blinding vision of the Emperor? IT WAS ME, SLAANESH."
>>
>>44904400
"Do you remember that time you were about to bless that planet's water supply with super-AIDS, but instead someone seeded it with archaeotech nanites that made its' inhabitants live long and healthy lives? IT WAS ME, NURGLE"
>>
>>44904479
"Do you remember that time you lost your arms? IT WAS ME, ABADDON"
>>
>>44904526
What are some "demon" i can pick as demonkin in tsukihime beside vampire?
>>
>>44904760
yea i didn't mean to quote btw
>>
>>44904526
"What are you talking about, Zoom? My arms are right here."
"What? But... how! I hid those in the farthest reaches of time itself! I have been constantly oberving you since they were removed! Only some sort of tactical genius could have- CREEEED!"
>>
File: image.png (313KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
313KB, 1024x1024px
So CW Flash's Reverse Flash was awesome and he's back! That and we have Professor Zoom (Earth-2) who's demonic looking. /JC/ who's excited for Legends of Tomorrow?
>>
>>44903375
>citation
Eh, I found it. It wasn't as explicit about it as I remembered, but it basically says so.
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/62/5

I'm not denying there's a genetic component anyway. Negi and Konoka are both noted to have absurd amounts of magic because of their lineage.
>>
>>44904166
>>44904181
Also Practice Makes Perfect from FF Type-0
>>
>>44904760
Demons in Nasu are a particular weird species that are created by wishes and feed on humans, usually their emotions, they're kinda weird and rarely come up though. It's that you've got some stuff from your ancestors interbreeding with them, as outlined by the perks, not that you select a particular type of demon (because most of them are unique) and get benefits from that. Also Dead Apostles aren't demons.
>>
>>44905041
Wow, that's much better than mine, thanks!
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.