[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do girls and women add a positive experience to tabletop gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 12

File: Black Library.jpg (67KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Black Library.jpg
67KB, 800x500px
Do girls and women add a positive experience to tabletop gaming or are they less involved and more of a nuisance and hindrance to the game. Either directly or because the other spergburgers can't cope with their shit when she is around.

>ITT we post positive/negative experiences with grill gamers
>>
>>44865553
the only person close to being a girl or woman in my group is myself, so i can't really say.
>>
>>44865705
Do you mean you are a women or some sort of demi-trap?
>>
>>44865553
Our token group girl is one of the more involved players. Though she is very scatter-brained and often gets distracted. But then so does the rest of our group.

All in all I think she's fun to play with.
>>
>>44865553
>Do girls and women add a positive experience to tabletop gaming or are they less involved and more of a nuisance and hindrance to the game
No more or less than any player I have had in my group. The only difference is that instead of powergaming powerfantasy idiots, they struggle with choices more, fearing making the "wrong" choice.
>>
You get a mixed bag, just like male players.
>>
>>44865553

A girl is the best player at our wargaming circle ever since her bf stopped playing with us regularly. It's actually a bit humiliating to have her thrash us repeatedly, although that's more because she's the newest to the game than because of her gender.
>>
>>44865721
the latter
>>
Have two girls in a game I'm running. Brought them on for the sake of diversity and the fact that I was tired of all my hobbies seemingly being sausagefests. They've taken to the D20 life and there is no difference between 2guys 2girls or 4 guys. They're more or less equally prone to shenanigans and derailing your carefully tailored plots to the point where you just toss the plot in the paperbin and make shit up as they go along.

As for 'The other spergburgers' I don't know what kind of guys you've been playing with but I can't imagine anyone in my circle of friends sperging out just because a female is at the table.

Also, my first post on /tg/ hi guys.
>>
>>44865553
You can't really generalize. I've had both in my group with other regular fuckers and I've had both types in my group with autismos. Generally if the guys are sperging out the girls also get uncomfortable and no one has any fucking fun. But if everyone is comfy it doesn't make a difference regarding gender.
>>
I like having women in games because it tends to weed out shitty behaviour.
>>
>>44865802
actually addendum to this, we did have one guy sperging out over the girls. I kicked him out after he coped a feel on one of them and acted as if that was normal behavior. The other two guys (his friends) acted sour towards me for a while but they came around.
>>
>>44865853
groups had no problems since, half a year (six sessions) and counting.
>>
My sister and girlfriend play in the game I GM. They're great.

/thread
>>
>>44865553
Me and a friend would act as mediators for group disputes, she especially had a somewhat tranquilizing effect on everyone. This was basically necessary because while everyone in our group at the time was on friendly terms, we disagreed vehemently on things pretty regularly.
>>44865802
Welcome to posting on /tg/ Anon, enjoy your stay.
>>
All of my groups in the last eight years have involved women. Before that, it was a miserable experience of circlejerking, a total lack of attention, and sperging. Constant fucking sperging.

Mixed gender groups step their game up so as to not appear subhuman. If you're in a mixed gender group and someone is being a problem, kick them the fuck out. If it's four out of your five players, kick out the four retards, keep the good player, and form a new group.

My time is not democratic.
>>
>>44865553
Ate you actually this autistic, or are you just making a bait thread?
>>
>>44865553
i'd like to think that girls can positively benefit a role playing game; but i've played with quite a few and they haven't been very good at role playing or roll playing.
>>
>>44865553
Best DM i've ever had is a woman. She's currently taking a break to think up a new campaign for our group.

Every male DM ive had was fucking terrible, and more often than not the worst players were guys. And I say this as a dude.
>>
My sister and girlfriend plays in the game I GM. She's great.

/thread
>>
>>44865553
In my experience? It's no more positive or negative than aught else.

In one game, the female player in question was the DM's girlfriend. That went better than you would expect from hearing just that, and indeed I still talk gaming with them. Net positive because while she was new and sucked at the rules, probability analysis and so on, she was really good at keeping him on track. And making sure I had ingredients for cooking group dinners, but that's not really gaming-oriented.

In another, the female in question was the DM, and it went fine. She was pretty cool and open-minded and actually a really good DM. About average, maybe a bit above, with rules issues, excellent at creating settings and the creative bits. Also, she kept us all in line and managed to stop me and a buddy from turning into Team Jackass a couple of times.

Finally, a female player in a game I DM'd. The group makeup was zero 'spergburgers'. The other players were all cool guys I knew from work or class who got into tabletop because of western RPGs. She was a neutral to moderately positive influence, had a different, colder, more rationalistic viewpoint on things and ended up being the voice of reason a lot of the time.
>>
>>44865979
What made her a superior DM, and what made the male DMs shit? What kind of things should potential DMs do/not do?
>>
>>44866009
>>44865958
evidently people have different experiences on the matter

/thread
>>
>>44865895
You don't /thread yourself you boob.
>>
>>44865553
All my experience with them seem to indicate they can add or detract as much as any other player can.

>>44865895
Are your sister and girlfriend the same person, or are they separate entities.
>>
>>44866046
Easy dood don't get so bent out of shape. Nothing was going to save "do gurls play TTG" thread #80000
>>
>>44866025

>What game?

World in Flames. I've posted about my group a few times.
>>
>>44866009
You're dating your sister?
>>
>>44866140
Same
>>
>>44866172
"Dating" implies we've just met and had dinner together a few times.
>>
>>44866038
Male DMs/players: Magical realm shit, poor story telling, favoritism, nonsensical houserules, spergburgers, lolrandumb shit, blatant railroading. Basically every awful thing that /tg/ whines about has been a hallmark of male DMs and players for me.

My female DM ran a solid setting with interesting characters, good plot, and knew how to string us along while we thought we drove the story. Was the best campaign ive ever played in the decade and a half of playing RPGs.
>>
>>44865553
Depends
Faggot, stop making these threads.
>>
>>44865553
Not more not less. I have 3 of them in my various gaming groups, one of them is a really good roleplayer and regularly paints/draw our characters, one of them is pretty quiet but does the job (even if sometimes a bit lolrandumb but nothing cringey), and the last one is pretty new but is a killer at the cruch even after 2 sessions. Good roleplayer too, even if she can write for shit compared to the other ones.
>>
>>44865553
It depends on the person, not whether they are a boy or girl.
I have 2 girls in my gaming group and they are both great. One draws pictures of the entire party all the time and is a good role player.
>>
>>44865802
Welcome to /tg/!
Post more, you seem pretty chill unlike the newfags here that ahirpost daily.
Hope you like this ride bc it never ends
>>
I am DMing a game for all girls presently, but not really a campaign yet, just a one-shot.

I wouldn't say it's bad, really, it's just not the best game I've played. Like, they sorta roleplay? But not enough to engage me all that much, and they're not really too keen on problem-solving either. They just kind of stumble through a lot of things ad passively-aggressively complain.

The only time it feels like they're having fun is when they're just doing cutesy banter back and forth with eachother.

I dunno, wouldn't mind it if they just roleplayed actual characters.
>>
>>44865802
>>44865896
>>44866471

This really is the shittiest board on 4chan.
>>
In my experience, they're good of theyre your irl friends, and shitty if they're from the Internet, and that applies to men just as much. The only notable difference between female and male players in my experience is when another player brings his girlfriend who's "such a nerd omg" but isn't actually into tabletop games at all. In those cases she's usually obnoxious and dumb, or totally uninterested in the game itself.
>>
>>44865553
>spergburgers can't cope with their shit when she is around.
i still have never met an autistic shitlord like /tg/ talks about. but apparently the LGS manager has worked on pruning the worst people from the store, its nice
>>
>>44865553
>Do girls and women add a positive experience to tabletop gaming or are they less involved and more of a nuisance and hindrance to the game.

Depends, like always, upon the individual people involved and making broad generalizations just confuse the issue.
>>
File: 1436830840722.jpg (141KB, 600x916px) Image search: [Google]
1436830840722.jpg
141KB, 600x916px
>>44866541
>>
>>44866616
It seems to be pretty universal that "lolsorandumb" hipster girls are shit at basically anything and only take part in social activities for attention and not enjoyment.
>>
>>44866471
hi leddit
>>
>>44865553
Do players add a positive experience to tabletop gaming or are they less involved and more of a nuisance and hindrance to the game. Either directly or because the other spergburgers can't cope with their shit when they are around.
>>
>>44865553
Do said girls get their tops off?

Same answer.

/thread
>>
I see no difference. A bad player is a bad player, even if said person has titties.
>>
>>44865553
>Do girls and women add a positive experience
If we're talking about anything that isn't "trying to ejaculate", the answer is a big fat no.

Woman have no place in any hobby because they don't understand what it's like to have true passion for something.
>>
>>44865802
This is why I hate reddit
>>
My wife's daughter loves pathfinder.
>>
>>44867544
That's funny, my boyfriend's wife plays Pathfinder too!
>>
File: 1450690994287.png (43KB, 186x241px) Image search: [Google]
1450690994287.png
43KB, 186x241px
>>44865802
>Autists like this now think they're in good company, even if they've never browsed the board before.

Thanks 1d4chan.
>>
>>44865553
Women in my games have been on average no better or worse than most of the shitty players I've had to put up with.
>>
>>44868435
Just give in anon.
This place has already gone full /co/umblr.
>>
>>44866237
Lie more faggot.

>>44865979
Tell me more bullshit please.

>>44865853
Nice lie, got another?

Why can't you sad fucks be creative in your lies?
>>
>>44868435
I'm not sure if you realize, but every reply to that post indicates that they are in similar company.

So yeah, like >>44868528 said. This place has gone full hugbox.
>>
>>44865553
In my experience, and this matches up with what I've seen described by others, women tend to be more invested in the story and character part of tabletop and less concerned with the actual crunch.

That doesn't really matter, though. Whether they're a positive experience, invested, or whatever is going to depend on the person. Just like it does for guys.
>>
>>44866172
Wait are you that incest anon that shared that you were banging your (fuck I forget if it was half or step sister), in one of those pre-mod, pre-capcha shit threads?
>>
>>44866237
>>44865979

Similar story here, I've always been a huge fan of storytelling and narrative. As a teen I rp'd on forums a lot before going anywhere near tabletop settings.

My favourite story was a Scion (Whitewolf) game run by one of my best friends who so happens to be a gurl.

Lots of moral choices, division within the group, great roleplay scenario's and much more about the characters and their relationships with their parent Gods than about the story itself. Essentially the idea was, a Titan was bringing a child to Earth and through it, would bring Utopia to the World, only problem was, 90% of the humans on Earth would die as a result, for the sake of this Utopia. Our group was intially tasked with trying to prevent this but it soon stopped becoming Titan Vs Gods and Titans/Gods Vs Gods and children (the PC's) either followed or rebelled against their parents on both sides.

However that was my favourite story and she was a great GM, but she's tied for best GM with another friend of mine who created an epic fantasy piratey adventure where I played a half-elf Magus Pirate Prince. The character left his father's ship to make a name for himself without the aid of his notorious dad and his band of merry men. Through this adventure there were many things that happened, characters were important and their side stories were either integral or were more fun than the overarching plot. Consequences happened as a result of the actions we took and it was a nice change to have that instead of murderhobo's freely roam around and answer to no one. That was done by a male friend of mine.

Both awesome GM's, one female and one male, though my personal favourite goes to the girl purely for the Urban Fantasy setting with all the myths of the Gods, as I'm proper sucker for that kind of tale.
>>
>>44868674
archive link?
>>
>>44868797
>rp forms
>play by post
>thinks its an RPG
kek
>>
>>44868864

Never called it an RPG, literally said I "rp'd" on forums and that I was a fan of storytelling and narrative, which that provided.

However feel free to judge for no reason, as I imagine you'll just laugh at this post as well.

Some of the roleplay forum days had amazing stories from amazingly creative people and some tabletop roleplays I've been in have been absolutely dire. Though, the reverse is also true.

I'll take stories and tales wherever I can get them as it's what I enjoy.
>>
>>44868864
I think this is where a lot of "Rpgers", draw their tales from.
>play a play by post free form
>other posters have avatar pics of a black dude, or a chick.
>" at my last game, there was a black guy and a female!!"
>>
>>44868949
Not laughing m8.
I also read some forum stories.
Some are kinda cool. Others are worse than ass cancer.
>>
>>44868864
>>44868967

I didn't actually make it clear but the two examples I gave where from the group I play with face to face, I now realise that that's where the confusion may lie.

I was meaning I used to RP on forums because I enjoy narrative more than number crunching and it so happened that two of my favourite RPG tabletop experiences featured the narratives and stories that were GM'd by my friends.
>>
>>44868967
>autogynephiles and autonegrophiles confirmed for the real That Guys
>>
>>44868996

Yep, on my forum there were actually two people who got banned. For cybering via forum posts, graphically... on a PG site.

Was all the more terrible because they were the posters who would only do one or two lines and even at that, they would have like ten typo's within them.
>>
I have to say my experiences so far are mostly negative. Two in particular spring to mind.

The first was a simple case of a guy dragging his girlfriend along and her being completely clueless about what was going on.
She never did anything unless prompted, and clearly would rather not have been there, but was too timid to say anything to her boyfriend.

The second was, well, I'm not sure exactly what to call it. She definitely tried, and didn't do too badly at first. But she wasn't exactly the brightest, and, thanks to legit brain damage from an accident when she was a child, had severe problems with short-term memory. It didn't work out, but at least she put in the effort.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x418px
>>44866541
>>
At first I was really relieved to hear all the positive experiences with female gamers.

But there's not a single example of the contrary and this thread has the same hive mind posts you would expect.

I just want to know I'm not alone in my hatred of an entire gender guys pls.
>>
At this point, I am okay with any washed, warm body that shows up to the session.
>>
>>44865802
>for the sake of diversity
Kill self.
>>
>>44865553

Not better or worse on average than dudes?

jesus, what is it with you fuckers and vagina havers?
>>
>>44871081
kek
>>
>>44865802
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: gitout.jpg (18KB, 177x187px) Image search: [Google]
gitout.jpg
18KB, 177x187px
>>44865802
This post makes me sad.
>>
A buddy and his girlfriend are one of the pillars of our game night, and are mostly positive.
That said, I have never seen someone quite that salty while winning at Terra Mystica, although that may be just normal gamer salt.
>>
>>44865895
>/tg/
>having a gf
>>
There are two girls in the Iron Kingdoms game I play in. There used to be three but one chick moved to Arizona.

It was basically 3 girls, 4 guys. One girl was dating one of the players. One was single, the last was in some weird complicated relation situation that hurt my head every time it was brought up.

Basically to sum it up, the girl who was there with her boyfriend had to constantly have the rules explained to her and didn't seem to pick up the game well, though she could roleplay semi-decently. The girl in the complicated relationship was an amazing roleplayer, could grok the rules real well, but her character wasn't very optimized. The girl who was single and ended up moving away had the rules down, wasn't really invested in roleplaying much, and also didn't really seem interested in the game. Most of the rest of us theorized she was fucking the GM, but that was also because she kinda had a habit of coming onto the other dudes at the group who weren't in a relationship.

As for the dudes, the GM was pretty laid back, single, and possibly fucking that one girl on the side. The boyfriend was good at roleplay and great at crunch, but an abrasive twat who routinely pissed off nearly everyone else at the table, including his own girlfriend. I think I was the only one who never really got mad at him because I'm used to dealing with people like that. The other guy was a longtime buddy of mine who introduced me to the group, whom I didn't know roleplayed until he brought up the game one day while I was running Dark Heresy with some internet buddies. I found out he is great with crunch, completely bored by roleplay, and cannot roleplay as anyone but himself.

Like other people have said, gender doesn't really matter too much; you have great players and shit players in equal measure either way.
>>
File: 1302772580817.jpg (21KB, 232x300px) Image search: [Google]
1302772580817.jpg
21KB, 232x300px
>>44865553
You know what makes good games? Good players and a good GM who gel together with how the players want to game and the GM wants to run. Gender is irrelevant beyond that.
>>
>>44865553
Played with plenty of females in my time. The only issue is the occasional spergbwhatever, as you said. But whatever, we just tell them when they're being a nuisance.
>>
>>44865895
>/thread

Fuck you and your one experience being the end-all-be-all of experiences.
>>
File: Bait Threads.jpg (45KB, 780x535px) Image search: [Google]
Bait Threads.jpg
45KB, 780x535px
>>44865553
obvious bait is obvious
>>
Women (in general) are attention whoring cunts who do nothing but cause drama.
This is true of all aspects of life.
>>
File: fuckthisthread.gif (2MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisthread.gif
2MB, 245x140px
>>44865553
This board is so fucking embarrassing sometimes, I swear to God...
>>
>>44865553
It's people like you that make this hobby so fucking shit for women

They are not fucking ayy lmaos from Venus, stop trying to pretend they are, you fucking cretin
>>
>>44872006
They seem to be pretty invested in being treated like the spawn of gods from another world.
>>
>>44868542
Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you think they're lying?
>>
One of my players brought his girlfriend in on the game. It went alright but then they had a pretty bad break up and the game died.
>>
>>44872461
Original poster here, honestly I'm not sure. Though i see what the "Get out of here while you still can" guy was going on about.

I didn't come here expecting a hugbug, however /tg/ is the board with the least circlejerk/shitposting I've seen so maybe it attracts the wrong crowd.
>>
It takes a rare sort, I think. My sister was in my first game of 3.5 that I ran, and she was the best player there, but she is not a typical female at all. she's asexual and might now be a tranny. Next was a popular girl from my high school who wanted to play someone who was "super hot." so I helped her make a bard. She never actually made it to the game because she realized that it wouldn't be her thing and told me so.
Next campaign (which I'm still running now, its near the end) started with my girlfriend and soon after her sister/cousin (adoption, not incest). GF was horrible and could not roleplay her way out of a paper bag, later citing that roll20 didnt work for her because she couldn't stay invested in the game without physically being there. Her and her cousin/sister left the campaign by trying to kill the cleric for his masterwork mace and getting dogpiled by the more optomized warblade, crusader, and incarnate.
>>
>>44872195

Reeeee, normies get out, etc. etc.

angrypepewithgun.png
>>
>>44874323
>My sister was in my first game of 3.5 that I ran, and she was the best player there, but she is not a typical female at all. she's asexual and might now be a tranny.
So basically the best woman is a FTM. That makes sense.
>>
As usual, depends on the individual.
On a sidenote, grills mostly do Larp here (~60% of larp players, 40% of pen&paper players are girls, I would say)

>ITT we post positive/negative experiences with grill gamers
I think I had only one game where the gender of the players had a big effect on the game.
>Fantasy game where we're young students in the royal wizard academy (short campaign between two more serious ones)
>The only one doing teenage romance is me, the male player (with a noble npc; I have to think about my future)
>The three females are too busy running down a weed potion black market. And are getting very serious about this.
>Our achemy experiments ended with the mutation of 1/3 of the students. We manage to make all evidence point to our rivals in the school, to have them expelled.
>We didn't take into account the fact that the mages used the death penalty. 4 innocent students decapitated for forbidden experiments. Better them than us, anyways.
>Plot derailled because of greddy girls, but in the end we still managed to stop the bad guy (necromancer professor) with our army of tentacled junkies, getting rid of two birds in one stone.
>Good end, collateral damage was manageable, we pass our exams and go to second year.

>>44865802
Hi. Welcome on /tg/.
Don't mind the shitposters, you'll be like them in a few months.
>>
We had an all-guy tabletop squad for years. One guy got a gf, and she's fine - likes to play orcs and smash shit, good at roleplaying, generally acts like one of the guys. Another guy got a gf, and she spends her time playing mobile games, instragram-ing pictures of her and her boyfriend, asking her boyfriend how to play her character, being randum, and sleeping on the couch.

Long story short, if a girl acts like a traditional girl I don't want her at the table.
>>
>>44874954
Fuck you too.
>>
>>44875014
>Long story short, if a girl acts like a traditional girl I don't want her at the table.
I got kicked out of a game for "acting too much like a girl". I'm not one.
>>
>>44875105

The fuck were you doing?
>>
>>44875133
Have a guess...
>>
>>44865553
a) there's no need for girl gamers to prove their worth in any way. i mean what the actual fuck. they have been around since as long as traditional gaming.
b)
>spergburgers can't cope
most peope in gaming groups aren't unfunctional autists.
c) why would girls add anything to gaming. the people who are able to roleplay instead of trying to rollplay all the time should have the ability to act out situations/emotions normally associated with females.
>>
>>44875292

Sucking dick under the table? I can't guess what your old group considered "too girly," anon. Share with the class.
>>
>>44875292
wearing female clothes?
hitting on a guy?
posting on tumblr feminist blogs?
whining?
not appearing because you were out shopping?
nagging?
sucking dick under the table?
playing a female?
talking about mensturation problems?
having fake boobs?
talking about how many children you want?
carrying your dice in a purse?
drinking starbucks all the time?
wearing makeup?
wearing jewelry?
pretending to be a girl online?
reading cosmo?
talking about the latest celeb gossip?
caring more about your characters clothes and fashion than anything else?

what was it anon?
>>
>>44875367
>there's no need for girl gamers
Damn Right.
>>
>>44875446
*tips fedora*
>>
>>44875014
What you really mean is "if the player doesn't act like they are invested in the game".
>>
>>44875459
*strokes numale beard*
>>
>>44875459
*nods respectfully*
>>
I wonder sometimes ... Do people really play in mostly guys-only groups ?
I mean, my high-school group was guys-only, but since then, I usually always had women in my groups or knew women who were playing RPGs.

Last summer I had my first experience of a girl being a bad roleplayer/rollplayer (getting drunk, doing shit, not being able to use her brain), but again, so did her boyfriend.
>>
>>44875369
>>44875442
Let's just say something you guessed was pretty much spot on.
>>
>>44875620
were you wearing girls clothes / makeup anon?
>>
>>44875620
you healsluts take your role too seriously
save the dicksucking for after the game
>>
>>44875620
Judging by this thread alone, they meant you were acting like a whiny attention whore. You're currently pulling that whole "I'm upset and want to tell you that I'm upset, but if you inquire further I'll get angry and tell I don't wanna talk about it!" garbage most shitty bitches love to pull for attention from beta orbiters.
>>
>>44875655
Take your shitty meme back to >>>/v/ where it belongs
>>
>>44875492
But you can tell a guy to pay attention to the fucking game. You can't tell someone's girlfriend that.
>>
>>44865553
I guess it helps that the only female player I've played with is mute. I'm sure if she wasn't a voiceless internet friend then she'd be detailing for the other players.
Thinking about putting my gf into one of my games though, if her schedule matched our doable game times
>>
>>44875369
>Sucking dick under the table?
why would he get kicked for that?
>>
>>44875735
Yes, you can, because I did it to my girlfriend, and I did it to my boy's girlfriend, because when you are at my table, you are one of my players only, and treated as such.
Stop being a pussy!
>>
>>44865553
I've never had any really positive or negative experiences with female gamers in my group(s). They were just players acting like everyone else.
>>
>>44875946
>my girlfriend
>my boy's girlfriend
Obviously those are completely different situations to "someone's girlfriend", imbecile.
>>
>>44872461
Not that anon, but read the posts.

Its like females are soooo alien, that they have no knowledge if what they are like. So, they base their "happenings", on what other anons write.

Tldr: because they are obviously bullshit copied from each other.
>>
>>44875938
No faggots, no that guys, no fetishfags allowed.
>>
>>44875981
No, it's not, because if they are at your table, then they should be prepared to be treated equally to any other player present.
Beta faggots need not GM games if they don't have the guts to call out the people who need to be called out.
>>
>>44876029
Yes they SHOULD be prepared to, but someone's girlfriend is the player who won't be. That's the point.
>>
These threads are never going to stop, aren't they? I mean, I get it, straight guys are obsessed by women, but really? That much?
>>
>>44876070
>implying ITT is straight guys
>>
>>44876018
>no fetishfags
>no faggots
sure must be nice to live in a puritan settlement in the south.
>>
>>44876048
Then you warn them the first time, and if it keeps happening, you drop the hammer on them.
Using "it's someone's gf" as an excuse to allow them to get away with shit you wouldn't let your regulars do is faggot tier. I've had women in my group before, my group right now is very mixed, and everyone knows upfront I don't play favorites and everyone is held to the same standard I hold myself to.
My gf at the time got mad at me because I came down on her for painting her nails during game. My boy's gf got mad at me because I told her to put the fucking phone away. This other girl that one of the new guys brought was screaming over everyone, so I told her she needed to keep it down so people could be heard. The new guy got in my grill later, I told him no one is above, and if he doesn't like it, they can both go.
They did. And everyone else was happier for it.
>>
>>44876152
>and if it keeps happening, you drop the hammer on them.
In other words, you can't play with someone's girlfriend.
>>
Most of the chicks who tabletop are legbeards, cos let's face it, people dont get into tabletop gaming because they're lookers.

Which is fine, in that case they're generally treated no different to the dudes.
>>
>>44876204
If "someone's girlfriend" is a shitty player and refuses to improve, no, I don't want to fucking play with them. If the gf is there, not playing, then I expect her to not interfere with the game she isn't playing, and if she does, she gets warned, then asked to leave.
Exactly what the fuck are you trying to say? That because I don't kiss ass, I can't play with females?
>>
>>44876245
>because I don't kiss ass, I can't play with females
>>
>>44865553

They don't add or take away from games any more than male players do.

But when they ARE bad players, they're a lot goddamn harder to remove from the group.
>>
>>44868542
You are a sad, sad little man
>>
>>44865553
My group is half female (the group is made up of 2 long term couples, my fiance, and my brother). The women are some of the better role-players and come up with the most interesting characters (from a mechanical perspective).
>>
>>44868435
Come on, maybe he lurked and this was just his first proper post.
>>
>>44877001
>and come up with the most interesting characters (from a mechanical perspective).
>(from a mechanical perspective)
Roll-players, in other words.

Tell me some of the conceptually interesting characters the guys have come up with?
>>
File: 3252352.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
3252352.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
There are legitimate girls who are into tabletop shit and don't cause problems. They look like pic related, and there's barely any of them.

If the girl is the girlfriend of your regular, you and your whole party will be torn asunder.
>>
>>44875946
>I did it to my boy's girlfriend

You either have a very understanding "boy" or he secretly thinks you're a cunt.
>>
>>44877198
Some of them look like men too because that's what they are.
>>
File: 100.jpg (105KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
105KB, 739x742px
>>44866541
yeah, morons like you keep falling for b8
>>
>>44866541
Why are you so buttstrated?
>>
>>44865553
I'm only 2 sessions in to our adventure with our new female player but she seems OK, playing a rogue with a few extra spells, might be a specialisation or a cross class.

She's not as tight knit as the rest of our group but she's fitting in just fine.
>>
>>44878247
>playing a rogue with a few extra spells,
Sounds like favouritism already.
>>
>>44878256
I really do not think so. We genned at level 8 and I'm not familiar enough with the rogue's career path to guess whether she multiclassed or whether it's a specialisation. Every character seems to get a '...but with magic' specialisation.
>>
>>44877001
>My group is half female
>the group is made up of 2 long term couples, my fiance, and my brother
Wait doesn't that mean one of the couples has to be gay for the math to work?
>>
>>44867513
You obviously have never met a horse girl.
>>
File: 1420352905609.jpg (85KB, 1857x548px) Image search: [Google]
1420352905609.jpg
85KB, 1857x548px
>>44881113
A horse girl?
>>
File: 1451089217886.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1451089217886.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>44865553
>Do girls and women add a positive experience to tabletop gaming
No.
>are they less involved
No
>more of a nuisance and hindrance to the game
No.

They're human fucking beings, you fucking idiotic pricks. Stop pretending having a cunt makes the a mythical fucking creature that means they can either do no wrong, or they're the scum of the universe.

Jesus fucking christ, stop giving those cunts special fucking treatment.
>>
>>44865553
There are that guys, and that girls.
That's my experience.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.