[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG: Modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 22

File: Goryo's Vengeance.jpg (165KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Goryo's Vengeance.jpg
165KB, 480x680px
Since i'm sure nourishing shoal will get hit with a ban next time, I made my own take on a modern goryo's vengeance deck. Works kind of like sneak and show. You loose a little bit of speed on your kill, but it's more interactive and less susceptible to hate. Opinions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-griselvengeance-no-shoal/
>>
>>44860009
Can we get some Twin players in here? I haven't fed on enough asspain yet. Reddit and mtgsalv are great sources right now though.

>>44860009
I could see Goryo sticking around with how much graveyard hate there is in Modern. Now that Twin is dead there are suddenly slots in sideboards to focus on other decks.
>>
>>44860009
The eldrazi decks run a ton of graveyard hate main board just to exile shit. So that's a new issue to deal with.
>>
>>44860296
I was planning to be a twin player, it was going to be my first deck. I ordered most of the cards on MCM, spent 400$. 2 days after I received the cards, they announced the bans. I'm still crying.
>>
>>44860397
It's has a lot of U/R good stuff. And the lands are a solid investment. You can switch to something else pretty easily.
>>
>>44860373
Not a big deal. You can interact with their hand, put a pithing needle down, edict their creatures and through the breach things. I've only played against one version with heartless summoning, but I absolutley crushed it.
>>
>>44860009
So with Twin and Bloom banned what decks have suddenly become viable?
>>
>>44860448
Yea, I'm planning on converting it to Grixis Delver since that looks very fun to play and there's some overlap.

Also, are faeries playable at fnm level? I have 3 vendillion cliques from MM drafts and kinda wanted to have a use for them.
>>
>>44860009
How do I stop Tron? Is Ghost Quarter the only way? Crumble to Dust is too late most of the time.
>>
Whats the best version of eldrazi?

>>44860586
Play scapeshift and counter their big threats. (Less effective because of new ulamog). Play infect or ad nasueam and beat them before they assemble tron (other combo decks were either banned or are bad in the meta.) Play affinity or burn and win before they can get tron online. Blood moon is an effective answer in burn because burn is fast enough to stop them before they can hard cast wurmcoil.
>>
>>44860009
any particular reason that we need 2 Modern threads atm?
>>
Ad Nauseam is going to become solid tier 2 at the very least in this new meta, maybe even tier 1. Great tron matchup and a good eldrazi matchup especially post board. Strong against burn and even against affinity and scapeshift, leaving the only bad matchup being infect.
>>
>>44860747
Other one doesn't have a title, couldn't find it before I made this one.
>>
>>44860586
Stopping Tron involves playing Infect, burn, or the instant-speed-win combo deck Ad Nauseam. Burn and Nauseam cost roughly the same; Infect might run another $100 more.
>>
>>44860769
Fair enough, I missed that part.
Might as well post in this thread thead too; I signed up for scg regionals, and plan to play burn.
a) what should my sideboard look like for the post twin meta (I'm playing Naya, but no cats)
b) I've never been to anything higher than FNM, can anyone with experience tell me what I should bring to the tourney or do beforehand to prepare myself?
>>
>>44860788

>Burn and Nauseam cost roughly the same

Bro the creatures in Burn cost more than Ad Naus does. Literally the only cards in Naus that are over $20 are the 4 Pacts.
>>
Does anybody have any ideas on a win con for Jeskai control that isn't Burn, Colonnade, or Keranos? How's Ojutai for modern?
>>
How are the non matte kmc and dragon shields as far as shuffling? My current sleves are sticking together and it is a pain to shuffle.
>>
>>44860982
Twin, but wizard determined that it made control too viable.
>>
>>44860982
I want to play UWr control with Mentor
>>
>>44860009
>Since i'm sure nourishing shoal will get hit with a ban next time
>implying Goryo's isn't the problem child
>>
>>44861117
the deck was laughable before people realized that nourishing shoal was legit.
>>
>>44860468
>heartless
Try bw eldrazi,running lingering souls. Bw is probably the best version
>>
>>44860839
Molten Rain for Tron, Ancient Grudge/Destructive Revelry for Affinity, Kor Firewalker for the mirror. Deflecting Palm can also be nice against Affinity and other "all-in" decks like Bogles and Infect. Add Skullcrack to prevent lifegain fucking you. Lists you see online will have Rending Volley in the side; ignore them. That's an anti-Twin card.

Bring pen & paper and keep track of both your and your opponent's life. If there's a life total discrepancy, judges are more inclined to believe the guy with the pad rather than the dude who brought spindowns.
>>
>>44860982
Kiki-Angel or Kiki-Exarch or Kiki-Mite
>>
When will the hype for the eldrazi deck die down?
>>
Do the bans make combo better or worse? I have Naya Burn and am building U-Turns and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out which one is better positioned after this rather surprising ban.
>>
>>44861252
Molten rain seems bad, especially against something with as much redundancy as tron. I'm packing paths for their early wurmcoils, as well as for firewalkers against any deck that might bring them in. Current board is as follows
2 path
2 palm
2 volley
3 firewalker
4 revelry
2 relic of progenitus
probably going to ditch volleys and relics. I'm heavily considering skullcracks, but the other slots are a tossup between volcanic fallout, smash to smithereens, or searing bloods. I'm leaning towards fallout because it's good against elves and I've heard it also works against affinty.
>>
Twin player here. I'm sticking with the deck and tweaking it, but I have a question. Should I just cut Exarch entirely now since the entire combo is boltable and he doesn't provide a fastclock like Pestermite and Bounding Krasis do?
>>
>>44861624
just play blue moon
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-18-16-05-24.png (738KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-18-16-05-24.png
738KB, 1080x1920px
Lol wtf
>>
File: 1422721657573.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422721657573.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>44860296
>Can we get some Twin players in here?
I played Twin here and there, but the banning doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>44861862
maybe monoblack devotion can be a thing in a post twin world? I'd keep an eye on obliterator if that's the case.
>>
>>44862075
I don't think there's any reason for this to be this expensive
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/50-budget-no-lords-goblins

Could this be a good babby's first modern? I already have the piledrivers from standard, and I have two guides.
>>
I know Eldrazi Processors has been dubbed a meme deck, but I am honestly having a blast with it. What version do you guys think has the most potential? I was running mono-black, but B/G just seems to be better with Abrupt Decay and Ancient Stirrings. I might try a Scooze or two in the main. i have heard good things about B/R, but I refuse to splash red for something as uninteresting as Bolts when Abrupt Decay hits more.
>>
>>44862239
That's not even a good Goblin deck. Try something with an RG manabase for command and CoCo. Even then, it's a mediocre deck that isn't sure whether it wants to be elves or burn, and it's worse at being either because of it.
In short, no, don't play hyper budget Modern, play a real deck, even if it's something mediocre like mono green stompy.
>>
File: 1383192200763.png (169KB, 291x304px) Image search: [Google]
1383192200763.png
169KB, 291x304px
>>44860009
What exactly is the benefit of splice onto arcane?
>>
>>44862368
useless outside of limited
>>
>>44862332
I want to go to modern FNM for under $150, and as far as I can tell, mono G stompy will just have been a wasted $100 when I get a better job.
>>
>>44861958

Am mad cause I wanted to get another deck to play with(have junk and infect). I was buying part of the deck each month and already bought the scalding tarns (bought 2 each month). Just when I bought the snapcasters and twin, the fucking ban them. I still needed the low cost cards loke pertermite, spell pierce, remands, but now its pointless to buy the rest.
>>
>>44862419
so you'd rather only waste $50 and not even have a chance?
>>
>>44862368
Some advantage when used with shoal.
>>
>>44862419
Ad nauseam is very potent in the post twin meta.
>>
Babby's first deck here. Already bought it, it just got here today.
Is this trash? I tried to make it not trash, but I know nothing about magic.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-01-16-white-tokens/
>>
>>44862419
If you have vendilion clique, you cam buy the mono blue faerie-ninja deck. The new common faerie from origins made a lil better since some people waste their removal too avood drawing a card.
>>
>>44862442
Not with Infect getting more popular to counter Tron
>>
>>44862688
But it has a good matchup against nearly every other deck in the post twin meta and because of this, you can dedicate more sideboard slots to deal with infect. Path of exiles along with fog effects will probably make infect more bearable.
>>
>>44862123
There's one guy in the EDH threads that insists Mindslicer is, like, the GOAT. Obviously, he went to buy his usual fifty copies, everybody else think's it's a buyout, suddenly dollar rares are spicy fellows
>>
>>44862368
the card you splice on stays in your hand. it's basically "reveal this card from your hand, pay the splice cost: add this card's text to the arcane spell you're casting"
>>
>>44862436
Only $20 of that is unusable in an RG version of no Lords goblins
>>
>>44862442
is ad nauseam really that cheap?
>>
>>44861862
8 Rack win condition
>>
>>44863175
MTGtop8 puts it between $400 and $500, but that's not bad for a deck that's potentially tier 1 in a post twin metagame desu.
>>
Running 4 ghost quarters main feels good now even if I play a subpar deck.
>>
>>44861001
The best sleeves I've had so far are the Hyper Matte KMC sleeves, they're great and don't get gross like the Dragonshield do.
>>
Hey esper control fags, do you guys run syncopate in your decks or just logic knot as the "pay x or get countered" spell
>>
So should I run Bounding Krasis and more Pestermites in place of Exarch now? Serious replies only please. I want to continue to make this deck work even if it suffers a bit from the banning.
>>
>>44860527
There is only our colorless overlords, tron and affinity. Resistance is futile

oh, and burn I suppose
>>
>>44860009
Is Thought-Knot going to see modern play? Tron might take it as sideboard tech? It's similar to Vendillion Clique and they can run it without changing mana base at all
>>
>mfw there were retards who wouldn't buy counterfeits because muh Kikes of the Coast "deserve" the money to preserve the sanctity of the secondary market
You gentiles sure know to make a merchant happy :^)

Of course, there's no reason you have to stop playing Modern just because all your blue cards are now worthless! Trade in your Tarns for brand new Eye of Ugins, only $40 each at Star of David City Games (tm), your gateway to the magical world of Magic: the Goyening
>>
>>44860839
Remember honing your sleight of hand because "luckily" drawing your sideboard cards is the only skill involved in Modern
>>
Is Splinter Twin playable with kiki-jiki?
>>
>>44864259
My friend is switching to American Kiki.
>>
>>44864245
I'm bad at magic: the post
>>44864259
Yes. Don't listen to the sky is falling faggots. The deck may be injured but it's not that much of a hit to it since the deck won through other means then the combo more often then not.
>>
>>44864259
It's more vulnerable since the combo is now vulnerable to Kiki getting bolted in response but it's playable.
>>
Cheeri0s in modern? Really not sure why not more people run it, fitting some protection for Puresteel Paladin should not be impossible. Not having Twin should make this deck more safe. Not sure if it can handle faster decks like Infect.
>>
Is there an EDH thread up? Can't find one.
>>
>>44864582

>>44862961
>>
>>44861194
I wasn't playing the eldrazi deck. I was talking about the matchup when I was playing the deck I linked in the op.
>>
Why did Mindslicer raise around 3000% in price? The fuck is going on? Same guy that bought all teegs?
>>
Is it worth running Relic in board anymore since no decks are really running snapcasters right now? It feels like it's just taking up space in my board right now
>>
>>44864686
I posted earlier in the thread (too lazy to link my post) but I'm definitely taking them out of my burn sideboard. I guess yhou can still shrink goyfs and hose random graveyard strategies, but it's really not worth it without something as powerful as snappy.
>>
>>44864821
That's my thinking, I'd rather put in Stony Silence to stop one of my harder matchups than run some gravehate when no decks in the format truly make use of it anymore
>>
>>44864853
is it possible to hose modular with it? I know Rest in Peace fucks ravagers up
>>
>>44864917
It doesn't stop modular but it stops the ravager from being able to sacrifice artifacts. I ran it in my deck, infect, for a while but it was bad because I couldn't use my Spellskite's abilities, but since twin is gone I don't need to run 2 anymore and I don't need them as much
>>
>>44864639
Same guy that didn't buy Twins or Amulets because he knew about the bans weeks in advance.
>>
>>44864917
>I know Rest in Peace fucks ravagers up
No you don't because it doesn't. Sacrificed doesn't mean goes to the graveyard, it just means sacrificed.
>>
>>44865156
I think he's talking about the modular thing mang.
>>
>>44865200
Affinity runs Rest in Peace in the board so I don't think it really cares.
>>
>>44865156
>>44865200
This. With Modular useless it means Ravagers are basically two mana 1/1s.

Not that you want to bring Rest in Peace in over Stony Silence. Just that it works.
>>
>>44860555
Play jeskai control
>>
>>44862966

Mindslicer is a strong card in edh
>>
Where does Living End stand post twin bloom ban? About the same or perhaps better? I can't see it somehow being worse now that Twin left.
>>
I'm building Infect
i'm doing good ?
>>
>>44865348
Less remands which is good.

More infect which is bad.
>>
>>44865348
Probably in a worse overall position. Burn is already a disastrous matchup for you, Affinity isn't as bad but still lightning fast, though they can board into whatever yard hate they want. Tron is an awful matchup if they can land an Ugin. You can't beat that.
>>
>>44865380
Less Remands sounds wonderful

>>44865411
Yeah, that does sound bad. The meta in my Area was mostly Twin, so hopefully they don't all make a sudden investment into burn or tron
>>
>>44860527
Note sure about what has become viable but blood.moon has become even stronger. Maybe blue moon is now viable?
>>
who /8rack/ here?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-01-16-white-tokens/
Can someone give me feedback on this deck?
This is what I made to try and get into modern.

I was stupid and didn't do any research.
>>
>>44864178
Might be playable in the eldrazi deck, especially in mono black. Gives them both more hand disruption and another eldrazi.
>>
>>44862519
its pretty bad, if you wanna play this kind of deck I suggest you look into soul sisters and bw tokens.
>>
>>44862522
holy shit, i love that this a deck
>>
>>44865689
The deck is just really bad. I don't even know where to start...

Probably with taking out dragon throne.

Secure the wastes is strictly better than launch the fleets, there are plenty of better anthem effects than spear of heliod, Wingmate roc is too expensive, 25 land is too many.
>>
>>44865650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwY7BJbBGg

yea boi
>>
How does merfolk stand moving forward, what do I SB now. Considering replacing the mainboard kira with another spell pierce.
>>
>>44865689
it's really shit, just play Black/White Tokens instead>>44865689
>>
>>44865360
It's a boring linear deck but it's going to be better post twin so yeah if you wanna win 60% of your games then you did good
>>
>>44864312
If you think your garbage format requires even a slight amount of intellect, you're a moron.

Enjoy your FNMs and Day 1 GPs though, I'm sure WotC appreciates you gobbling their stale cock.

I seriously don't understand why retards like you don't just switch to YGO
>>
File: 1407834347828.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1407834347828.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>44866357
>I hate this format
>I'll spend my limited free time coming to a thread dedicated to it's discussion
>Everyone else is retarded
>>
>>44866357
Then why don't you fuck off to the yu gi oh threads you bad at the game shitter
>>
>>44860397
kiki jiki mirror breaker it is then
>>
>>44865348
it's worse off at the moment because of the eldrazi deck mainboarding GY h8.

tron can be rough if you don't have your fulminators or beast withins to keep them off tron, if they land ugin you're SOL, post sideboard they bring in relics and your life gets harder. I've won vs tron but it takes a bit of luck.

infect fucks your shit up most of the time. but if they don't manage to kill you before you're ready to cascade you fuck them up pretty bad. I lose this match up unless I can hold my hand and drop a cascade after they're all in and build my GY from there.

affinity also feels 50/50. G1 they put you on a fast clock and ravagers just sac everything in response to living end, fucks your shit up bad. G2 bring in the ingot chewers and things get more manageable.

it's probably a good idea to leave living end on the bench until we see if this eldrazi deck is here to stay. that match up is almost unwinnable unless they have a terrible draw and you have a great one.
>>
>>44864259
No.
Kiki-Jiki is infinitely worse if you try to just run the Tempo/Control build.
Kiki's is more vulnerable to removal, requires RRR on turn 5 if you wanna Kiki, but UUU if you wanna Cryptic.

5 mana is also like, twice as much as 4 mana. To get 5 lands in play by turn 5 you need to run several more lands than the standard list (anyone who doesn't realize this should redo grade school math).

Morons like >>44864312
who go "durr you can just play Kiki doiiiiiiiiiii it's just 1 more mana" don't know anything about how game mechanics function.

The point of the combo was to avoid getting blown out by unfair decks on turn 3, since you could always represent an instant win the turn after if they tapped out.

Now, they can just go for the win and know you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>44866396
>implying I have limited free time
On vacation because I'm not an American wage slave wasting his hard-earned jewgolds on cardboard.

Making fun of you idiots is just too amusing for me not to :^)
>>
>>44862075
I play mono black ramp its da bomb
>>
>>44865810

>kira
>not siege

Have fun against BGx decks, fag.
>>
File: 1391700612886.png (363KB, 584x383px) Image search: [Google]
1391700612886.png
363KB, 584x383px
>>44866521
>This entire post

You need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>44866623
Strange that you mention that, considering only adolescents would play Modern when it's about as interesting as a game of connect 4

Although I suppose you could all just be giant manchildren, which does make a lot of sense.
>>
Okay my meta is now entirely Tron, Affinity, Infect and Zooicide and two mono blue turns.
Do you reckon something like RW control packing land removal, blood moon, pyroclasms, lightning helix, stony silence MB and bolt could go somewhere?
Board wipes and spot removal keep us comfy, blood moon and land removal keeps the decks that will fuck us from doing so for a turn or two. I almost want to run U for only spell snare and I need a real win condition.
>>
>>44866656
>66656
so close
>>
>>44866730

Play Ensnaring Moon, pack Skred if you feel inclined to. Watch these greedy fucks die in tears.

Alternative is to sleeve DnT. It slows everyone and packs removal. Also can run mb quarters/tec edges.
>>
Wasteland reprint when?
>>
>>44866826
I run both, the most important is the numbers, i run 2 logic and 1 syncopate.

but without twin, i don't think esper control would be good
>>
>>44866858
There's a Wasteland reprint in Oath.
>>
Could Toll Collector and Sunforger work to make some kind of weird deck? Some kind of RW Control or Jeskai control maybe?
>>
Ink moth nexus buyout now, hope you enjoy your 100 manlands.
>>
>>44867488
I just made 320 Dollars, nice. maybe i can sell the whole deck and play legacy now
>>
File: 1411587646772.jpg (48KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1411587646772.jpg
48KB, 1000x667px
>>44860009

I haven't played Magic since 2005. Just bought a $30 Modern burn deck and plan on going to my first FNM this week. What am I in for /tg/?
>>
>>44866858
Wizards would rather ban tron than see a healthy metagame develop from tactical reprints of good old cards.
>>
Considering building esper or jeskai Dragonlord control. Do I do it?
>>
>>44867531

Rape
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3178px
r8/h8 my jeskai

>tfw vs burn with destructive revelrys, blood moons, dpalms and eidolons
>>
>>44867531
Did you make sure that every card in your deck is Modern-legal?
>>
>>44867531
You'll do fine/well if there's no leylines or soul sisters
>>
File: 1450589784504.gif (496KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1450589784504.gif
496KB, 500x379px
>>44866453
Clearly Anon never played Living End. Your only enemies are counterspells (tempoloss) and Arcbound Ravager (negates your combo). Infect and Relic can be entirely played around.

I'd say it's a pretty good contender to become solid T1. Again.
>>
>>44867032
>>44866858
whats wrong with ghost quarter?
>>
>>44867793
Its almost strictly worse than wasteland
>>
>>44867635

>jeskai
>has green
May as well call it the Oscars since there's no black
>>
>>44867793
It's strictly shit.
>>
>>44867716

Yeah. Will they give me shit if I'm using Unlimited versions of Lightning Bolt? Because I know the reprinted version is modern legal and I didn't feel like spending an extra $10 when I already had a playset.
>>
>>44867841
Lol
>>
>>44867841
As long as the reprints are modern legal, it's completely fine.
>>
>>44867786
I took it to the shop every week for months during 2015. how do you play around (1): exile all graveyards? how do you play around infect on the play T3 groundswell mutagenic growth x2? The match ups are obviously winnable if you have the right cards at the right time but we don't live in christmas land.
>>
>>44867822
named after ascendancy you dunce
good oscar joke
>>
>>44867806
That's why I like it though. Counterspells aren't modern legal either.
Wasteland is cool in legacy but it is quite a meta changer. Not that that's bad but people would simply put a wasteland in every deck, tron/infect/affinity/scapeshift would get hurt, and nothing else would change other than pricier decks.
I like that gq is strictly hate and has a decent cost, the kind of thing you sideboard.
Idk imo tron is bullshit and needs a nerf, but I think gq fills the spot wasteland left us quite nicely
>>
>>44867912
>Counterspells aren't modern legal either
What
>>
File: 1406437956971.gif (476KB, 438x325px) Image search: [Google]
1406437956971.gif
476KB, 438x325px
>>44861862
>>44864639
>checks deckbox with penny craprares
>finds ten Mindslicers

Nice.
>>
>>44867822
Yeah i should call it 4c ascendancy but the archtype name was already chosen
>>
>>44867926
It's not a real price spike lol, it's nothing
>>
>>44867924
I think he means the actual card Counterspell.

>>44867912
GQ is such a tempo loss tho. Perhaps they wanted to relegate such effects to the sideboard but the card hardly feels like it hinders them that much.
>>
>>44867924
I mean the UU kind. Deprive is the UU counter.
Or how no force of will. Shoal instead.
>>
>>44867912
Wasteland is an aggro card, it doesn't go in every deck. Just decks where you want to trade your land drop for theirs
>>
Any thoughts on this >>44861352
>>
File: arcane denial.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
arcane denial.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>44867995
while we're on the subject, if arcane denial was modern legal would any decks use it? I mean, it's an unconditional 1U counterspell...
>>
>>44867912
>Counterspells aren't modern legal either
Even if counterspell was modern legal it would still see almost no play.

Lack of the actual counterspell isn't the factor keeping control decks from being a thing
>>
>>44868028
buy in now before its too late
>>
>>44867884
By playing the deck reactive instead of pro-active. Beast Within and Fulminator Mage are a tempo match made in heaven - Violent Outburst is just gravy.

Ps. Have you ever Ricochet-trapped Groumdswell unto a Dryad Arbor? It's glorious. Sadly undoable if Infect becomes more GB though.
>>
>>44868047
Absolutely

Side note, I'm >>44867604 I kinda wanna try this to see how good silumgar's scorn in modern can be, alongside spell snare and spell pierce. Anyone have advice?
>>
>>44868047
I could see it being playable in combo decks that are looking to protect their combo and don't plan on untapping
>>
I think I'm having some sort of stroke what do I do
>>
>>44868130
why? Call Emergency alternatively bitch at maro
>>
>>44868130
make some bacon
>>
>>44868130
Kill yourself on camera and blame WotC for it.

The ensuring media frenzy would be hilarious
>>
>>44868139
Intense heartburn and fast heartbeats
It's been like two hours
>>
>>44868068
I play the deck reactively, but sometimes the moments where you needed to be reactive are before T3, and unless you have an SSG in hand you don't quite get that chance.

I've never ricochet trapped a groundswell, but I did ricochet trap splinter twin onto one of my deadshot minotaurs before. poor guy didn't think you were allowed to redirect enchantment spells, made a big fuss with the judge.
>>
>>44868179
lay off the hot pockets. especially do not eat them with ranch dressing.
>>
>>44868164
Tell the police it's because you invested all of your money into your all foil and expeditions splinter twin deck and now you have nothing
>>
>>44868179
Would recommend a hospital visit buddy.
>>
>>44868179
Go to the ER
>>
>>44868048
Counterspell would make manaleak much less desirable, not to mention Deprive, I would love it in delver.
>>
>>44868179
youre going to lose one of your feet
>>
>>44868276
Mana leak is more splashable, uu can be pretty awkward
>>
>>44868130
Hospital
>>
>>44868276
Leak is an easier to cast counterspell in every matchup that isn't tron.
>>
where is the standard general?

modern is ass
>>
>>44868057
Are you sure? If the meta becomes really aggressive, eldrazi could easily preform much worse.
>>
So is standard.

here's how to improve your TCG experience:

Cut out the artwork of magic cards.

hot glue art from magic onto force of will cards.

play a real game with sane rules and less speculator baggage.
>>
>>44868315
Standard and modern are both ass
>>
>>44868296
True but you usually want 2 blue sources of mana anyways if you're doing counters. Grixis prolly wouldn't take it but UR or UW would love it
Mana leak would still be viable but deprive would be kill and it's already shown to be strong. It covers the aggro and the dragged out games all the same, manaleak is bad during the lategame
>>
File: 635032499782060548.jpg (50KB, 390x535px) Image search: [Google]
635032499782060548.jpg
50KB, 390x535px
>>44868179
Are you this guy?
>>
>>44868358
Mana leak is better in an aggro deck with a lower land count, counterspell is definitely better in control
>>
>>44868276
Delver both isn't exactly anywhere close to a format defining deck and rarely runs deprive as is.

Remand is strictly better in that style of deck. The only reason they played 1-2 Deprive in the board was against Twin
>>
In the format of turn 4 clocks, why isn't delay used more often?
>>
>>44868409
UR pyromancer wouldnt mind it, it needs lots of blue anyways for shit like cryptic and runs pretty much all blue or blue/red lands.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-01-16-jeskai-burn/

R8 my meme please.
>>
>>44868515
mantis is pretty weak, it dies to bolt and costs WUR where as you could just play Nacatl
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16KB, 223x311px
>>44860009

>tfw people aren't catching on the Jeskai Ascendancy meme

Those Tron and Affinityfags won't know what hit them
>>
4x Gravecrawler
4x Dregscape Zombie
4x Shambling Remains
3x Dark Confidant
2x Tymaret, the Murder King

4x Smallpox
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Thoughtseize
4x Kolaghan's Command
4x Blightning
2x Terminate

Would B/R Zombies work as a deck?

It can put down aggro while also removing creatures and causing discard, simultaneously. Creatures all have built-in reanimation or card draw. Smallpox slows down the enemy while filling the grave with dudes you can get back later. Tymaret and Gravecrawler are best buddies.

Obviously the big problem is Tron and Eldrazi maindecking graveyard hate.
>>
>>44868571
This. Also, Lightning Angel is a strict upgrade from mantis, anyway.
>>
>>44868646

Lightning Angel costs more mana.
>>
>>44868679
Can't bolt it, can't AD it. What more do you want? Srsly tho, Mantis rider sucks in modern.
>>
The ER guy said it's just a cough
>>
>>44868718
The fuck? Actually?
>>
>>44868710

Pretty much, yeah. Lightning Angel is technically playable but doesn't have a deck right now, Mantis Rider will just >die to removal
>>
>>44868710
You don't understand what strict means
>>
>>44868743
Nah, I forgot Lightning Angel was 4 mana.
>>
>>44868646
>>44868679

Memedeck Owner here, Main reason i'm not running angel is mana cost, 4 seems too high for what the deck is doing. With tron being assembled on turn 3 i dont want to be running four drops. And tron is going to be top dog in new modern.
>>
deck list?
>>
>>44868765
Nah, everyone is gonna build infect.

When you go to an event, you don't want to build the best deck, or the deck that beats the best deck.

You want to build the deck that beats the deck that beats the best deck.
>>
>>44868807
I like my match against infect, removal for days for their Little 1/1's.
>>
>>44868722
Well I would be dead if it was a heart attack, chest's been burning for two hours
>>
>>44868573
What's your list?
>>
So is Twin with Kiki Jiki playable or should I just disassemble the deck for parts? And by playable I mean , can win at a competitive FNM with relative frequency.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is this what my Pod friends felt like when I made fun of them last year?
>>
>>44868833
Careful, because they can pump to evade damage based removal. But if you're confidant in the infect matchup, you'll be in a good spot for any sort of big event.

Affinity is the other one to watch out for.
>>
>>44868515
Looks like shit, mate. Why play this over Naya Burn?
>>
>>44868833
Cool, post board I'll just throw in more skites and Wild Defiances or Monastery Siege
>>
>>44867635
Is there any way to make a "stormy" deck similar to this work in a semi-competetive environment (playing with friends that have quite good decks and occasionaly fnm with lots of brew-players) but without the green?
maybe something with myth realized, stormchaser mage or young pyromancer?

I'd love to make Zada work but I guess the 4 mana are just too expensive for this kind of deck
>>
>>44867488
They haven't gone up at all
>>
>>44868933
I bought them about a month ago at 20 so they went up a bit
>>
>>44868872
No its not. You still have snaps, tarns, and cryptics.

Should I go ahead and get the last cavern for merfolk now? I don't want it to jump to 80 dollars when i'm not looking.
>>
>>44863596
im kinda biased against matte sleeves, so i havent tried the kmc matte, kmc super are pretty good so far as long as you play with a mat
>>
>>44868901
Looked at a few lists, i'll have Path's in the board as well and i should be able to fight through the normal sideboard amounts with those and a roast or two.
>>
>>44868590
stretch the manabase for Geralf's Messenger?
>>
>>44868926
You could do it with Fatestitcher.

I'm pretty tired right now, so I'm not going to vet this idea at all:

But with a combination of eldrazi temple, and Eye of Ugin, you could maybe loop eldrazi spells with fate stitcher, kozilek's channeler, etc.

Cast Kozilek (keep him as a 4 of) to refill your hand.
>>
>>44869046
Not the same guy but with the lack of control in new modern Cavern isn't 100% needed. If you have one or can afford it go for it but it's a prime reprint target in SOI in my opinion and i dont see why it would get more expensive. Most merfolk lists only run two though so it depends on how many you already have.
>>
America Control or Grixis Control?
>>
>>44869212
Don't even need to stretch it. Filter lands exist
>>
>>44869308
American.
>>
>>44869308
Scapeshift.
>>
>>44869280
That was meant to be a response, and then a more general question.
I have 2 currently, just think it might be a good idea to pick up a third.
>>
>>44868863

4x Birds of Paradise
4x Sylvan Caryatid
4x Fatestitcher

4x Serum Visions
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Sleight of Hand
2x Ideas Unbound
2x Visions from Beyond
4x Expedite
4x Cerulean Wisps
4x Manamorphose
4x Glittering Wish
3x Jeskai Ascendancy

4x Mana Confluence
3x Gemstone Mine
2x Flooded Strand
2x Wooded Foothills
1x Temple Garden
1x Breeding Pool
1x Stomping Ground
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Island
1x Forest

SB
1x Bound/ Determined
1x Wear/ Tear
1x Flesh/ Blood
1x Wheel of Sun and Moon
1x Scarscale Ritual
1x Abrupt Decay
4x Young Pyromancer
3x Swan Song
1x Counterflux
>>
>>44869706

Sorry remove the Cerulean Wisps and add another Ideas Unbound. Mixed up my current and previous lists
>>
Will Midnight Guard ever be viable?
>>
>>44870367
No? Why would it?
>>
>>44869212
>>44869316

Good idea. Looks like Graven Cairns are actually as cheap as shocklands right now, too.
>>
>>44870412
I just like the card. When I first saw it I thought about the Splinter Twin combo and thought it would be the most broken card ever.
Then I found out about Deceiver Exarch and Pestermite.
>>
>>44870532
It's worse than both of those cards by a mile
>>
>>44870618
That's what his post implies.
>>
>>44870532
try Village Bellringer
>>
>>44860009
So i'm tweaking my red/white soldier bestow deck.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>44870807
Play an actual deck
>>
>>44870818
kek was going to post this
>>
>>44869706
I'm kind of surprised you aren't running one Ascendancy in the sideboard to make Glittering Wish Ascendancies 4-7 as well as having access to a ton of silver bullets. Deck seems super fun though.
>>
can darksteel garrison ever work?
>>
>>44870863
No
>>
File: ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>44870818
>>44870833
No wonder no one ever wants to play magic anymore.
>>
>>44860527
Anything that had horrible matchups against JUND, now that it's taken a hit.

Also blue moon might be interesting too.
>>
>>44870858

Oh fuck I forgot that. See I have 14 listed there in that post, I forgot to put in 1 Ascendancy. Also Noble Heirarchs are better than Fatestitchers unless you're running Faithless Looting
>>
>>44860982
mentors and walkers with powerful effects
>>
>>44864178
if the primer from mtg salvation is of anything then TKS is guaranteed a 3 of in modern eldrazi turn 2 for 4/4 and hand disruption is too good
>>
File: shitshimself.png (989KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
shitshimself.png
989KB, 1366x768px
God I hate this big fat fuck.
>>
>>44870943
Look at where you are man. This is the Modern thread, we're the smuggest fuckers who are too "good" for Standard but too poor for Legacy and can't continue playing the format because it is becoming more expensive than an annual mortgage payment.

Let me tell you something about you people with your bullshit non-competitive decks. I've helped tonnes of people like you tune those pieces of garbage and you never learn - you just want someone to do all the work so you can play it, you're EXACTLY like us faggot netdeckers here. You just don't have the ability, patience, or will to get good at this game to help yourself or use the card search engines. You constantly want to put a square peg into a round hole and want someone to carve it out for you.

See, the difference between people trying to make some stupid niche deck work and the netdeckers is one thing, netdeckers know they fucking can't build a deck for shit, which is why they're netdeckers. And the thing about "my pet deck" players is that they hide behind their incompetence by claiming it's "casual"; no, you just suck at all aspects of the game and netdeckers at least practice under the most difficult situations and can't help but develop some skills. There's nothing wrong about playing casually, casual is fine, but often, "casual" is simply the excuse for sucking.

To respond to your statement this is why nobody wants to play Magic anymore because even after 20 years of existence we think it's okay to tolerate those who refuse to take off the diapers and remove the training wheels. And the players who made an effort to get good just leave because their charity is exhausted after week after week of people asking for handouts with NO signs of improvement.
>>
>>44871304
hehehe
>>44871309
savage
>>
Bestow? Aura decks do see play in modern, but competitively you'll want to go G/W instead of R/W. This is because 1 mana hexproof creatures available in green are amazingly good at carrying auras.

Try
4x Gladecover Scout
4x Slippery Bogle
4x Kor Spiritdancer
4x Spider Umbra
4x Hyena Umbra

Run this as the core of your deck, and then whatever auras you want. Mesa Enchantress and Verduran Enchantress are budget alternatives to Kor Spiritdancer. If you want a soldier that's good with auras, Hero of Iroas is the obvious one.
>>
>>44871375
is replying to
>>44870807
>>
>>44871304
Tolarian Academy is literally the only thing worth watching.
>>
>>44869046
dude no more twin. Whose gonna remand your shit now? Just play a mix ghost quarters and mutavaults.
>>
>>44871399
UW control autists are still abundant
>>
>>44871391
You mean CFB?
>>
>>44871489
You mean Channel We're Gonna Dox Who We Want With Complete Immunity?
>>
>>44871489
CFB is the worst site you could possibly go to besides SCG.

Why in the hell would you go to a store for reviews or talks about the state of the game?
>>
>>44871528
That was Drew Levin formerly of Starcity Games.
>>
>>44871489
>Every CFB review or article ever
>THIS CHASE MYTHIC IS BUSSTEED, BUY YOUR PLAYSETS NOW! <link to store page intensifies>
SCG is hilariously enough less terrible at this, their fiscal set breakdowns constantly are "don't ever preorder its always a trap you will lose money 99% of the time"
>>
File: 1379033507662.jpg (17KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
1379033507662.jpg
17KB, 300x381px
Okay Modern General....
Do I buy into BW Eldrazi now before OGW or wait until after to see where it goes?
>>
>>44871552
Depends on which time he meant. The goyfgate and the Zach Jesse thing were CFB
>>
>>44871552
It was LSV that started the whole thing, Drew Levin was just the faggot that made it his own personal crusade.
>>
>>44871597
do it now, its only going to get more expensive especially with gate tech

>>44871603
>>44871643
I didn't hear about this, what happened?
>>
>>44871489
CFB literally deleted an article PVR wrote about how shitty Battle for Zendicar was. They are the most biased place outside of WotC themselves about magic.
>>
>>44871597

Why are you waiting man? Get on that shit now.
>>
>>44871549
ChannelFireball bankrolls Limited Resources. Though Marshall doesn't shit-talk MTGO as much as he should due to being on the payroll of both Wizards and ChannelFireball, the Limited analysis of each set is pretty solid.

I think Limited Resources set reviews are the only thing in all of Magic that will have any lasting value. All these articles talk about format environments that nobody in the future will care enough about to understand, they're often only useful for the month they come out and useless after that. However, if you need to draft an old format, the LR podcast will still be there always offering relevant information.

>>44871603
Zach Jesse was Drew Levin, a Starcity employee. The whole Goyf shit was a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not dickriding ChannelFireball here, the whole TSG thing was hardly transparent and once it was revealed he was legally in the clear there was no statement issued. They tolerated Travis Woo's shitty behavior for page hits. And I'm putting a lot on them for probably shitting up the marketplace.

>>44871643
I did not know it started with LSV. I see that now. LSV is probably one of the best people in the community. I'm not excusing his fuck up, it's just that he has a lot of good will with me even though I don't agree with him on this one issue.
>>
>>44871597

Don't fucking do it. Bad mistake.
>>
>>44871700
>>44871670
FUCK, FINE. I'LL DO IT.
Just link me a really good list.

>>44871716
FUCK, NOW I DUNNO.
>>
>>44871670
>I didn't hear about this, what happened
Some dude who took a plea bargain for sexual assault 10 years ago got lifetime banned from magic after a bunch of pros got pissy he beat out some CFB guy into the top 8 of a GP found out about his history and harassed and forced WotC to ban him.

You missed a crazy shitstorm.

>>44871704
>LSV is probably one of the best people in the community
Are you fucking kidding me? LSV has done more fucked up things and twitter harassment than anyone else combined.

Hes a good player but hes a massive asshole.
>>
>>44871704
>The whole Goyf shit was a non-issue
A group of pros flat out harassed someone for his pick on camera.

And I mean harassed, calling him scum, saying he disgusts them, saying he should quit magic, saying he should kill himself. The fact that literally none of them got suspended by the DCI is the only thing shittier than how they acted.
>>
>>44871737
Jesus christ that sounds like an amazing shitstorm, I'm upset I missed it. That's pretty fucking stupid though, why the fuck does anyone care what happened 10 years ago? How is that relevant to a trading card game?
>>
>>44868872
No because the rest of the deck is still playable without twin.
>>
>>44871737
>massive asshole
Yeah. He is that. I guess I have to admit he's an awful person. His video content has always been good and entertaining. He started the whole streaming Magic thing and he's still pretty funny.

But you're right, I won't fight it, the guy has a douchebag streak to him.

>>44871760
I guess I'll have to flip on this as well. I didn't realize he was harassed by notable members of the community. I thought the guy put the thing up for charity and it was a done deal. It was a non-issue for me because it failed to illustrate that Magic has a problem, card prices are fucking stupid to the degree that it actually influenced his decision making.
>>
File: 126370_1.jpg (22KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
126370_1.jpg
22KB, 223x310px
Is this shit playable? My friend says it's they only reliable way to counter red sweepers in modern with the devoid sweeper coming out.
>>
>>44871858
what's the goyf deal that goes along with this? I feel like I'm missing something

>>44871905
It sees board play, might be better now with tron as the big daddy
>>
>>44871905
For white I mean.
>>
>>44871858
>card prices are fucking stupid to the degree that it actually influenced his decision making.

It is not really that card prices are so ridiculous(though it is part of the reason) but more that price support was shit so there was higher EV taking the goyf over the right card for his deck.

This event was probably one of the reasons they greatly increased gp prize support.
>>
>>44868179
he dead
>>
>>44871936
I'm alive, I just feel like complete shit
>>
File: Turtennigger.png (33KB, 586x222px) Image search: [Google]
Turtennigger.png
33KB, 586x222px
>>44871916
>what's the goyf deal that goes along with this
Top 8 of worlds I think it was, dude picked a foil goyf over a common that would have been better for his deck. A bunch of buttmad pros threw a temper tantrum and called him scum, etc. You can google to find a collage of the fucked up things

Literally zero reprimanding for them outside of SCG suspending the people from their company who took part of it for 3 months.

The best part is he sold the goyf for some 6+ grand
>>
>>44871969
>foil goyf
fuck I pick up any valuable rares from packs in draft regardless of whether I need them, who the fuck has the right to get mad about that shit?
>>
>>44871905
yes, it's a sideboard staple in fact.
>>
>>44871983
>who the fuck has the right to get mad about that shit?
A bunch of pros who don't even pay for their cards or plane tickets to go to events apparently.
>>
>>44870437
not sure if any diamond eldrazi will fit while you're at it. honestly i prefer GB zombies for Decay, Lotleth and Mangler but at that point why not go Dredgevine. Speaking of which, why not a couple Gurmag Angler/Phyrexian Crusader?
>>
>>44871992
That explains it perfectly actually. They're like kids from incredibly rich parents bitching that they actually have to pay for their own stuff even though it's their parent's money. Fuck em
>>
>Was thinking about tossing mono black infect together since I have most of the pieces for it and some Liliana's lying around
>See Inkmoth prices now
WHELP
>>
So does anybody actually want mindslicers or is it just a pure bubble?
>>
>>44872141
>Sometimes a buyout occurs and all copies with a low price are bought out. Many, many stores are indexed. When one store has a card listed for $100 instead of $1, and all $1 copies are bought out. The cards that remain are the ones priced $100, influencing the MID price; making it spike.

>Also: check out the foil price. It is far below the non-foil printing ($12). This never happens. Speculators jump on foils first, raising the non-foil version causing people to jump the bandwagon, raising buylist prices for foils and then unloading.

>But! The mid price is not a hard average, and is compensated for glitches like this. But sometimes this can happen, and this might be a prime example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/41m98g/anyone_care_to_explain_why_mindslicer_suddenly/cz3oh6r
>>
>>44872228
so potentially a store fucked up and everyone jumped on the bandwagon

On tcgplayer right now you can't get one for less than $8, so it's not just mid price being wrong

Winners: Bandwagoning Speculators, Stores who don't buy them for more than a dollar
Losers: Stores, Casuals, Late Speculators
>>
>>44872141
>fw was thinking about throwing together a casual multiplayer discard deck
>this happened
>>
>>44869794
Have you seen/tried the version with life from the loam and flame jab engine?
>>
>>44872447

Interesting. Haven't heard of that. Any lists?
>>
>>44862522

Any list? I just dont know the deck.
>>
>>44872507
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-ascendancy-gifts#online
This was all I was able to find. There used to be a version that was pretty much the same as normal ascendancy but with 3 loams and a flame jab or 2.
>>
Is it worth $50 to get a signed FoW playmat from Terese Nielson?
>>
Tell me how shit this brew is

Lands

4 Breeding Pool
4 Misty Rainforest
2 Island
3 Forest
3 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
1 Steam Vents

Enchantments

4 Fertile Ground
4 Utopia Sprawl
2 Sheltered Aerie

Untap
4 Dream's Grip
4 Psychic Puppettry

Card Search

4 Muddle the Mixture
4 Ideas Unbound
4 Peer Through Depths
2 Reach Through Mist
4 Serum Vision
3 Cryptic Command

Kill
2 Past in Flames
1 Grapeshot
>>
>>44860009
Can someone explain how "Splice onto Arcane" works? I'm a new player, so im wondering how paying more for a spell is good if it doesn't add anything. Why wouldn't you just cast the spell before/after the Arcane spell?
>>
>>44872650
You cast one spell then reveal the others from your hand. All of the effects happen, but the card is still in your hand on resolution
>>
>>44872650
You're not casting the spell so it stays in your hand.
>>
>>44872616

Ohhh this is Ascendancy Combo-Control. This is a lot grindier and wins slower. Think of it like Twin only it has the Gifts package that can either go for Unburial Rights or the combo.

I prefer the all-in combo build to race Tron and other aggro decks
>>
>>44872648
heartbeat of spring is better than aerie. You're only gonna play it when you're about to win anyway, and powers up all lands rather than just the enchanted one. Also is twiddle not a good pick here?
>>
>>44872713
heartbeat is a good find.

twiddle is decent, but it's outclassed by dream's grip because it's strictly better, and psychic puppetry because it's got splice. If I need more untapp effects it's the one I'll use.
>>
>>44871723
Just look up B/W Stompy, has the best results right now.
>>
Holy shit, post Oath Eldrazi will be a horror. It seems like everyone is playing it already and it feels as overpowered as I predicted.
>>
>>44872648
>>44872713

slightly improved

Lands

4 Breeding Pool
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Island
1 Forest
3 Scalding Tarn
1 Steam Vents
1 Simic growth chamber

Enchantments

4 Fertile Ground
4 Utopia Sprawl
2 Heartbeat of Spring

Untap
4 Dream's Grip
1 twiddle
4 Psychic Puppettry

Card Search

2 Muddle the Mixture
4 Ideas Unbound
4 Peer Through Depths
2 Reach Through Mist
4 Serum Vision
3 Cryptic Command
1 trade routes
3 sleight of hand

Kill

2 Past in Flames
1 Grapeshot
>>
Does OG omnath have a place in green ramp strategies like tooth and nail?
>>
>>44872832
No, if you're casting tooth and nail you want to be grabbing Iona/emrakul, borgy/griselbrand or some other combination that locks up or ends the game on the spot
>>
>>44872849
Rather Emrakul/Xenagos.
>>
>>44872849
I mean as a threat or way to build up mana for one turn to cast tooth and nail or even Emrakul easier.
>>
reposting here, didn't realize other thread was dead:

Just returned to the game. I've got a Burn deck from a bit ago. I appear to be missing Atarka's Command, Eidolon and Boros Charm.

How fucked am I?

Also, this affinity deck I found on M-L but with Abbot of Keral Keep instead of Goyf looks interesting.

4 memnite
4 ornithopter
4 tarmogoyf
4 vault skirge
4 galvanic blast
4 shrapnel blast
4 ensoul artifact
4 cranial plating
4 mox opal
4 springleaf drum
4 blinkmoth nexus
4 darksteel citadel
4 glimmervoid
2 city of brass
4 rancor
1 lightning bolt
1 mountain

I've got the cards to make it, and I like that you don't just scoop to the common hate cards like Stony Silence.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44868047
>your end step
>pay two life: gut shot you, holding priority
>arcane denial, target my gut shot

untap, upkeep draw 3, draw step draw 1.
>>
>>44860555
>are faeries playable at fnm level
My experience with FNM is that people bring a little bit of everything. You might see some Junk and Tron decks as well as Affinity and Infect, but also many niche decks like Storm, KCI and Lantern that people play simply because they like those decks or because they want to test them against the metagame and learn to play them more properly, and you also get a lot of people with janky homebrews.

So, depending on how the meta at your LGS, Faeries can be everything from an excellent choice to a very poor one. I find, however, that its far more important to find a deck that fits your playstyle rather than one that is objectively the best choice for the meta. Especially at lower levels such as FNM, but even at a GP, for example, it's often far better to bring a deck you think is fun to play so that you've, intentionally or not, playtested it rather than a deck that theoretically should be an excellent choice but that you don't have as much experience with.
>>
>>44872829
>>44872731
I tried building this deck a hell of a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it (mostly) doesn't work.
The issue is (I think, not a judge) you can't tap mana between untaps if you splice psychic puppetry twice because it is all one spell and resolves all at once. This might be different because tapping lands is a mana ability but I don't think so.
>>
>>44873249
true, you don't get anything out of untapping the same land multiple times, but I don't think the deck hinges on that.

What ultimately makes or breaks the deck is speed, consistency and how well it fits into the meta.

It certainly has the speed, as it's capable of T2 goldfish wins.
It's the consistency I'm unsure about.
>>
Fast uninteractive linear decks v Tron.

Does that sound like an interesting format to you? Go ahead, brew a new fair deck OH WAIT EVERY FAIR DECK LOSES TO TRON LOL.

Or maybe you could brew a new aggro deck I JUST HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE IT'S FASTER THAN EITHER BURN OR AFFINITY, OR IT WON'T STAND A CHANCE, AND EVEN IF YOU DO COME UP WITH ONE, IT'LL JUST REPLACE THOSE DECKS AND WE'LL BE BACK TO METAGAME SQUARE ONE
>>
>>44873303
Landfall Suicide Zoo feat. Death's Shadow is pretty fast.
>>
>>44873303
As a jund player im just waiting and hoping that all the infect forces tron out and people to jump ship, then I can just focus on anti aggro. Thats the only hope fair decks have right now
>>
>>44873303

>playing living end with 3 blood moon, 4 fulminator, 3 riders and 3 beast within

Feels good to be master race. I do not even care about graveyard, I'll just hit you in the face with my 4/4 for 5
>>
>>44872933
>spend 2 cards, 2 mana and 2 life to draw 3
>>
File: 188.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
188.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
Guess what...
>>
>>44873810
Everything from MM2 is on the move.

It has been a year, after all. It happened with MMA too.

Hope you bought your shit this winter like you should have.
>>
Is Elves Tier 2?

I'm looking for a good, fun Aggro deck to build as a backup in case Affinity (which I'm currently building) gets the dick after the pro tour. Elves seems to fit the bill as far as what I like to play, but Merfolk also looks like fun. I'd prefer to keep it under $1000 to complete.
>>
>>44874012
Affinity won't get the axe. The only reason Twin got it is because it has won every modern pro tour.
>>
File: 122379_1.jpg (19KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
122379_1.jpg
19KB, 226x311px
So will Twin be justified in running mainboard pacts now? To stop them from bolting Kiki
>>
File: DaT.png (2MB, 1112x658px) Image search: [Google]
DaT.png
2MB, 1112x658px
Thugths on Death And Taxes atm?
it recks tron and the eldrazi decks imo
allso has good sideboard hate for affinity
>>
>>44874012

Elves is a very solid tier 2 deck. The archtype has a lot of things going for it and has shittons of room for experimentation. It has a lot of builds, and all of them have shown tournament results, whether it be the Lead the Stampede swarm build, or the Chord of Calling toolbox build. It's also well positioned in the meta now due to it being an aggro-combo deck.
>>
>>44874063
Are you fucking retarded? If the card would be good now, why wouldn't it have been good before?
>>
>>44874012
Affinity is fine bro. Every deck can beat it if they wanted to.
>>
>>44874112
Because you used to not have to worry about bolt. Now they can bolt Kiki if you go for the combo turn 5. With pact you prevent that and win.
>>
>>44874157
Also an argument for pact is you dont have to worry about rending volley nearly as much as you did before. I could see an all in combo style going for turn 5 working, potentially.

I think for blue i'd rather just play scapeshift right now. I will be testing kiki out in grixis though
>>
>>44874030
This. Twin was the undisputedly best deck of the format, and Wizards don't want Modern to be that kind of format. Think of it as the deck getting to retire with the champion's belt and possibly make a return in the future when people have almost forgotten about it to prove wether it can still hold its ground.
>>
So since I'm finally going to have cards out of standard rotation, any advice on good cheap cards? I have a good blue/black deck coming, but I don't want my red black lands going to waste. Any good red black decks for a low budget?
>>
>>44874197

>Countering Rending Volley
>>
>>44874418
Exactly. You DONT have to worry about it as much anymore, making pact have more targets.
>>
>>44874270
>Any good red black decks for a low budget?
nope
>>
>>44874507
Has anyone ever went as far as to why?
>>
>>44874220
>return in the future
People barely forget about decks that good. That's why people are still forcing the fairie meme. Also wizards has unbanned 2 cards in modern ever, so twin isn't coming off the list
>>
>>44874631
>Valakut
>Bitterblossom
>Nacatl
>Grave.-Troll
Yep, sure is good you can count all the way to two, anon.
>>
>>44874579
There will be much fewer exarches out there from now on, they will likely be dropped from most sideboards in favour of other things. Things like bolt can now interact just as well to kill a kiki, and rending volley itself cant target kiki, meaning even if people do keep them in the sideboard, it will be less of a blowout.
>>
>>44874698
Why would people suddenly decide to make their decks more vulnerable to lightning bolt and switch out exarch?
>>
>>44874730
I mean people will switch out rending volley for a spot to hit other decks.
>>
>>44874131
Twin was fine too. Pod too, but you just remember it as a broken deck because it has been so long.

In a year you will say Twin was overpowered.
>>
>>44874845
Pod won roughly half of the GPs in a year, and was almost 40% of the top 8 for those GPs too. It's ban was reasonable. It wasn't broken yet maybe but it was sure getting there.
>>
New bread

>>44875051
>>
what would be the cost of building merfolk if i already have Aether viles? I am currently stuck between Merfolk or Instant Reanimator for what deck to play next.
>>
>>44872829
Can someone explain this deck to me? I know it wins by grapeshot for 20 but what are the steps to get there?

Is it possible in grixis colors?
>>
>>44874270
burn with black splash for bump in the night.
>>
>>44872648
Actually decent. Been winning before turn 4 pretty reliably.
>>
>>44875095
I had vials and 1 cavern. It was about 300 or so dollars.
>>
>>44869308
Esper tbqh
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.