[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: allsheeverwantedwastheworld.jpg (54KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
allsheeverwantedwastheworld.jpg
54KB, 600x420px
We lay to rest one of the best
>>
As a player of simic shenanigans, I agree full heartedly with the ban. Built in protection, huge mana advantage, immediate creature advantage, almost certain card advantage.

There is no counterplay and I feel disgusting having played it
>>
>>44859994
Party time
>>
>>44859994
source?
>>
>>44860977
Check the official commander website
And before you say "IT's not on the wizards site so it's not true" that's cause of the stupid way that EDH bans are played out (Mainly that a third party decided what does and doesn't get banned)
>>
>>44861000
no no...
I played the damn thing, I know how retarded it is
>>
>>44859994
You misspelled "Celebration" OP
>>
>>44860977
>>44861000
>>44861015
Why does wizards allow the EDH committee to make the bans?
>>
>>44861038
because its less work for wizards.
>>
>>44861038
they do it for free, and they probably do a better job than wizards ever will
>>
>>44861138
Except the tuck rule, that was idiotic
>>
>>44860939
What is her built in protection?
>>
>>44861208
no it wasn't

tuck really punished colors that didn't have card/creature tutors
>>
>>44861138
They do good changes half the time, and terrible changes the rest of the time. You might notice that for all their hard work, the end result averages out to about the same as picking rules changes and bans completely at random.

This, right now, is one of the times where they did it right.
>new mulligan rule
>prophet ban
>rule 4 removed
are all very sensible rules changes.
>>
>>44861266
Rule 4?
>>
>>44861232
She untaps all your mana on your opponent's untap steps. So unless she gets removed before your EoT, you get to untap and protect her with counterspells. That's what they meant in the rules update when they said she protects herself "almost" immediately.
>>
>>44861280
You can now produce mana outside of your color identity if you have something like a City of Brass or a Birds of Paradise. Used to be if you tried to tap either for, say, black mana when you were playing monogreen, it would produce colorless instead. They had to change that because they don't want people to produce colorless with a City of Brass.
>>
>>44861280
Just looked it up. THANK YOU GOD THAT THEY GOT RID OF SCRUB MULLIGAIN
And hey, being able to make any mana color's cool too
>>
Good. Now Derevi.
>>
So do I now dismantle my kruphix deck or what?
>>
>>44861367
It depends

do you play EDH or Commander
>>
>>44861250
More like it punished not running protection, now it's the other problem where to deal with bullshit generals you have to consistently deal with them every turn
>>
okay so when does consecrated sphinx get it?
>>
>>44859994
Well, was to be expected I guess.
Still a bit sad, I must have been the only one to use her mostly to untap creatures. Well, I still have seedborn muse for that.
>>
File: 20150921_220151.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150921_220151.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>44861402
U tell me senpai
>>
>>44861420
soon we hope
this is progress though, normally prophet would never get the ban since it's sheldon's pet color combo
>>
>>44861420

Soon please

Goddamn that card is lame, it would be fine were it not for the unfortunate situation with a clone
>>
>>44861286
>Available mana is now "built-in protection"
>>
>>44861435
cool

With Muse you only need Teferi and you'll have a great substitute for The Prophet
>>
>>44861457
it is when you can tap out every turn with literally zero consequences
>>
>>44861457
Hey, I didn't write that article. I get what they meant, they just worded it in a very dumb way. The idea is that a 5-drop that untaps all your mana is much easier to protect than something like Consecrated Sphinx that has to survive until your next untap.
>>
File: 20150921_221029.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150921_221029.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>44861487
Tfw the banlist once again cucks you.

Oh well I have two other decks I can use while I rethink blue mage godmode deck.
>>
>>44861250
>> Colors have drawbacks, making color choices relevant when deciding commander

>>"But some color get hit harder by tuck"

Tuck was just another aspect that some decks had to consider when designing their decks, its like complaining that counters shouldn't exist because red and white dont really have answers.
>>
>>44861520
>the banlist cucks you
Are you baiting right now? You're playing UGx goodstuff, possibly the best archetype in this format, and you think the deck completely falls apart because one card is removed?

You no longer get to turn on godmode by tutoring out Prophet every game. The deck still works.
>>
>>44861527
This has been debated so much by now no one's going to change their mind on this. He thinks the tuck rules change was a good thing. That's his opinion, it's a retarded one for sure but it's his, and you won't change it.
>>
>>44861527
and then we get to the part hurr durr you don't play green you are doing it wrong
>>
>>44861520
UG is THRASH now. I'm just done with this format
>>
>>44861560
No I mean the picture with prime time and emrakul. I didn't even know edh had a banlist when I got into it.

The deck is powerful and with the right hand just makes the game pointless to play out. Even without Prophet I'm sure it will be fine. I just find it weird that stuff like Braids and Prophet are banned while Teferi and Arcum Daggson are fine.
>>
>>44861596
That is literally not what he said.

>>44861527
>counters shouldn't exist because red and white dont really have answers.
I'm with you on most of the post but I'd just like to state that between forks, red blasts and lapse of certainty, I feel like Boros decks do alright at counterspell fights.
>>
>>44861644
>I just find it weird that stuff like Braids and Prophet are banned while Teferi and Arcum Daggson are fine.
Braids is banned because the RC are babies who don't like stax (pic related).

As for Prophet vs. Teferi or Arcum, while it can be argued that the latter two will be more powerful in the right shell, the thing with Prophet is that it's oppressively good in pretty much any well built deck, you don't even have to build around it. This led to a situation where any player managing to stick a Prophet and protect it had a disproportionate advantage, and created many clone/steal wrath/reanimate fights entirely surrounding Prophet, where everyone was vying for control of the Prophet whenever one hit play. It was a very centralizing card. Also, the best threat in UG, which is the best color combination. So the ban may not have been "necessary" but it certainly isn't undeserved.
>>
>>44861517
>Consecrated Sphinx that has to survive until your next untap.
if it survives to your next opponent's draw step you already made your card advantage
>>
>>44861756
Do you have this saved for every banlist announcement?
>>
>>44861676
>That is literally not what he said.

No it isn't what he said, but his entire argument leads to the discussion about how green is the god tier color and has a solution for everything so playing a deck without green is suboptimal.

And since you only need one edgelord in the group to escalate things into a armament race which leads to everyone playing the same green cards with a splash of something else.
>>
>>44861756
I disagree that teferi has to be built around, he literally denies your opponents from having counterplay. Prophet enables things which is usually less frowned upon by the RC compared to disabling your opponents from playing the game.
>>
>>44861785
Yes, you're getting the card advantage, but you're not running away with the game if it immediately gets wrathed. It just means you cast a 6 mana divination. Which arguably isn't the worst, it forced a wrath after all. But it's not stealing the game on its own if you can't protect it, and it's harder to protect than Prophet.
>>
>>44861849
>about how green is the god tier color and has a solution for everything so playing a deck without green is suboptimal.
>green has a solution for everything
hue
>>44861867
>Prophet enables things which is usually less frowned upon by the RC compared to disabling your opponents from playing the game.
You don't really understand the RC's vision. The way they play this format, they're already playing at sorcery speed most of the time. And since combo doesn't exist in their meta, Teferi protecting a combo isn't even a thing. If you play the Knowledge Pool lock, they think that the issue is you as a player, not Teferi as a card, and that your playgroup should ban your ass.
>>
Painters servant is still banned.

Sol ring is still unbanned.

The RC remains retarded.

Wotc does a better job managing formats, and I say this fully cognizant of the recent terrible decision to ban twin.
>>
>>44862059
>Painters servant is still banned.
>Sol ring is still unbanned.
Please anon, this is a day of celebration. For once in their fucking life, the RC made a sensible rules update. We can go back to hating them tomorrow but right now, I think it's best we enjoy the fact that through some miracle, they didn't fuck everything up this time around.
>>
>>44862106
I would, painter's servant is my favorite scarecrow and the quintessential edh Johnny card. Yet they still won't let me okay with it because it has a bad combo with grindstone, and a good combo with Iona.
>>
>>44862187
So suck it up. Painter is never going off the list
>>
>>44861250
every color has access to hexproof effects if your general is that important

Or do you really think Prossh and Derevi deserved a rule that makes them unstoppable?
>>
>>44863218
What is this definitive deretti list I keep hearing about that is so unbeatable?
>>
>>44864257
>definitive deretti list
It's a monored bant stax list.
>>
File: 20150717_224111.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150717_224111.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>44864296
Shit that was actually autocorrect. I meant Derevi.
>>
>>44864372
It's generally agreed upon that Derevi Stax and Derevi Stasis are the best Derevi decks, both have competitive primers you can easily find online by just googling the deck's names. You can also make a pretty potent mix of the two.

Derevi is also great as just a regular Bant goodstuff commander with some twiddle shenanigans thrown in. She can just take everything those colors do well, and improve it, without fear of counterspells or commander tax. This is why she's often listed alongside Prossh in "commanders that need to be tucked": Prossh makes all the usual jund gameplans better, half of the card is uncounterable, and the commander tax just makes him stronger.
>>
>>44861038
Because the format was not created by Wizards, they look to let those who created it handle everything.
>>
>>44864496
Looks pretty gay. I don't know if there is any enjoyment in playing that wad of bullshit to be had. Oh well, that's competitive magic for you I guess.
>>
>trying to balance EDH
people who still play popular formats are retarded
>>
>>44864682
Well Stax is a pretty controversial archetype, very few people can claim to enjoy it and those who do generally are the ones playing it. That said, it's not entirely bad. I do like the occasional game against a stax deck. As long as that stax deck isn't Derevi. The issue with Derevi is that you can't fucking answer that shitbird, barring some very narrow and specific cards (Containment Priest, Nevermore, things like that), and those are things that a bant Stax deck are very good at dealing with anyway. So a Derevi stax list is a list with a commander that you won't ever get rid of, that will keep coming back for 4 mana as many times as needed, and that is both annoying and absolutely exhausting.

I feel like exhausting might be the best word to describe the experience of playing against Derevi. It's this feeling of "not this shit again" every time the opponent taps mana. You know it's coming, you're playing around it because it's a known quantity, but it's still good and efficient at pretty much any stage of the game and against any strategy. It sort of feels like the opponent is playing with different rules, like he has a Planechase card and no one else does.
>>
>>44864682
>I play for fun
Everybody look at him and laugh!

But seriously, competitive commander is boring unless everyone plays with over $1000 decks, which not everyone can afford.

Not to say there aren't cheap boring decks too. Prison decks, for one.

That said, I play the new UG commander deck, so I can't talk.
>>
>>44864841
I play a hybrid glissa eggs/stax deck that could maybe deal with it. The deck gets enough recursion and value going to just keep the board clear and continue drawing and ramping off the eggs to achieve a win. Counterspells would suck, though the derevi lists I saw are running very few.

Also I typically play in 3-5 player games that will hate you out easily if you bring that level of cancer to the table. Our decks are roughly 200-400 but if someone tries zur or narset it's easy to just ensure they have a bad time.
>>
>>44864982
The thing about stax decks is that they typically do alright even being the Archenemy. There isn't much of a difference between playing stax against one playing, or against three. It's all about how fast you can assemble your lock, and how tight the lock is. If you're quick enough, the number of opponents doesn't end up mattering as much as with other archetypes.
>>
>>44861367
If you really want to take apart your kruphix deck because you are so fucking bad at magic that you cannot break him without prophet then you literally should just give away all your cards and then blow yourself up inside of a store of noobs that complain about blue countermagic.
>>
>>44861921
Flat out winning is a pretty good universal solution, Anon
>>
>>44862059
Painter's Servant has too many weird interactions in a format that cares so much about colour.
>>
>>44866820
>in a format that cares so much about color
Color identity only matters for deck construction and (before today's update) mana production. What interaction does Painter's Servant have in this format that it wouldn't have in literally any other format?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.