[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: a.jpg (142KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
142KB, 1000x604px
A young teenage male sat up on his bed, and immediately groaned. Today was the day he had feared for so long.

The first day of phase 1 academics.

Sure, he had attended all of the stages of phase 0, but his teachers had all told him that compared to phase 1, phase 0 was a walk in the park. Easier than a walk in the park, they claimed. A nap in the park.

The home that he live in is incredibly cramped, and when he stands up now the roof already touches his head. The floor is a carpet laid atop some dirt, and his bed is made of the various articles of clothing found in the dump, layered together to make a makeshift mattress.

With him lives another person, of roughly the same age and build. They were the closest of friends since time could remember. In their old orphanage, they would always be found together, whether it be studying, sparring, or eating.

They had left the orphanage after one fortunate day, where they found the deed to the small studio they currently lived in. In the city of New Alexis, one couldn't live in a house unless they had a deed. If the inspectors came over and found out on their routine checks, you would be lucky to have your head intact when it was fed to the ravens.

>What is this person's name?
>>
>>44851484
Jax
>>
>>44851495
First+Last
>>
>>44851508
al-Grija
>>
I'll wait 5 minutes, and if there aren't any more, replise, Jax al-Grija it is.
>>
>>44851566
Tsa Dzien Ba
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Rolling 1d2 to decide
>>
Now what?
>>
Writing, almost done
>>
>>44851699
Tsa Dzien Ba.

Tsa went over to Lucius, and delivered to him a swift kick to the stomach. Lucius instinctively grabbed the dagger hidden under a pile of rags, but put it away after he realized it was Tsa.

"Wake up, Luce. Today's the first day, if we don't get there early we won't be able to select the good classes. Registration opens at the break of dawn, and it'll take over an hour to get there."

"Fine, fine." Lucius got out of bed, and the two of them started running towards the central district of the city.

Which way to go?
>Along the caravan route. Hitch a ride on an unsuspecting merchant.
>Pedestrian route. Added ~15-20 minutes, but less danger.
>Rooftops. Middle danger, with middle speed (+10 minutes)
>>
>>44851846
>>Along the caravan route. Hitch a ride on an unsuspecting merchant.
>>
>>44851846
>>Along the caravan route. Hitch a ride on an unsuspecting merchant.
>>
I think I'll make it a system so if there aren't any replies 5 mins after the first, it'll be the choice, otherwise the most popular.
>>
>>44851896
"Caravans?" asked Lucius, with a sly grin on his face.

"Sure, why not?" Tsa and Lucius scrambled out of their hut, and out onto the dirty slums. They had lived here for so long, navigating the winding roads posed no problem to them, and in no time they had reached the caravan route. The sun still hadn't appeared over the horizon, but already there were trading carts and caravans going through the road.

They decide to take a

>Smaller-size trading caravan. Faster, and less stops for checks, but more initially dangerous. 1d20, DC13

>Larger Caravan. More checks, and slower. 1d20, DC9
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44851989
>>Larger Caravan. More checks, and slower. 1d20, DC9
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44851989
>>Smaller-size trading caravan. Faster, and less stops for checks, but more initially dangerous. 1d20, DC13
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

rolling to decide
>>
They spot a large caravan, one that looks pretty new and whose driver looks half-asleep. After getting into a city, most drivers would start to loose concentration, due to the lack of bandits in most cities. It was illegal to ride in caravans, but most slum-children did it, and rarely was anybody caught. A clean dive propels both of them into the cargo hold, where they find lots of wooden crates, all stacked atop each other. It was the first time Tsa had seen so many creates together in the same box, and suddenly he found himself resisting the urge to pry one open and see what was inside. Doing so, however, would elevate their crime to stealing, and there would be no guarantee that they wouldn't be caught. On the other hand, if there were valuables or food, it would no doubt be a bountiful harvest.

>What do?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44852215
TAKE IT!
>>
>>44852215
Check inside the crates.
>>
Unable to resist, Tsa beckoned Lucius to come over.

"Wanna open one of these boxes?"

"I don't think thats a good ide-"

"We're doing it."

"Are you su-"

"Yes."

Lucius shrugged, and pulled out a dagger from his belt, and sliced a panel from the crate.

Inside was a bunch of grain, packaged in cloth sacks. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to steal these due to their sheer weight but with the incoming winter, it might be worth it.

What do?
>Check more crates (Roll 1d10 DC7 for interesting find)
>Steal the grain
>Put the box back.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44852407
>>Check more crates (Roll 1d10 DC7 for interesting find)
>>
'1d10'
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44852407
>>Check more crates (Roll 1d10 DC7 for interesting find)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>44852495
dice+1d10, anon

like so
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>44852407
>Check more crates (Roll 1d10 DC7 for interesting find
>>
Best of three, so no success.

Tsa opens another few boxes, but inside all of them is just more grain. Not even any other type of food. Just plain old wheat. Frusterated, they seal up all of the boxes, and hide themselves behind some of the crates to avoid being detected during inspections.

Thankfully, the guards today all seem to be fairly sleepy, because when they reach the checkpoints Tsa only hears the guard open the drapes for a few seconds, before approving the delivery. Perhaps he submitted his two-weeks notice?

Finally, they pass the three checkpoints, and arrive at the central district. Tsa and Lucius are unfamiliar with this part of town, but thankfully there is already a slow trickle of students heading towards a certain point, and the duo decide to follow them. Sure enough, they reach a gigantic spire that seems to stretch to the sky, and already there is a large crowd of students.

As the first sliver of sunlight appears over the horizon, a large, imposing man walks from the main gates, and clears his throat.

"WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF NEW ALEXIS. CLASS REGISTRATION GOES ON A FIRST-COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, SO HURRYING IS RECOMMENDED." With that, he turns around and walks back into the building. Suddenly, a large bell is rung, and chaos ensues.

Roll 1d10 for speed to registration desk. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>44852904
lets get the good classes!
>>
>>44852936
Rerolls are allowed.

Unless you want to take Honors Underwater Basket Weaving?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44852904
Rolling
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44852904
>>
>>44853012
thank god..
>>44852980
wanted to wait. didn't want my bad luck to happen again.
>>
File: 3 - tpZ1PUD.jpg (3MB, 4500x3791px) Image search: [Google]
3 - tpZ1PUD.jpg
3MB, 4500x3791px
>>44853012
The interior of the hall is not overly gaudy, but has a nice, clean feel to it. Most nobles and high-class individuals would send their children to foreign academies, but for most students in New Alexis the public education system was more than enough.

Years of running made Tsa and Lucius both quick and agile, and they were able to make it to one of the class registration desks when there was only a small line.

As Tsa heads over to one of the officers, the man bombards him with a series of questions.

"Name?"
"Tsa Dzien Ba"

"Date of Birth?"
"35th of the first month, 100th year of the metal dragon."

"Race?"
"Human"

Courses:
Physical:
>One handed, leaves another for magic
>Two handed broadsword, BIG SWORD=BIG MAN
>Two-handed smashy. Smashy smashy.
>Dual wield swords. Looks cool, you can pick up all the chicks.
>Exotic (Can't take a magic course".

Magic:
Chose category from the attached image, except for shadow, divine, undead. 2slow.
Shameless rip from Battlemage CYOA, but I think that'll be as much as I'm doing.

Others:
>Music
>Arts
>Beast taming
>Commerce
>Leadership
>>
>>44853208
Choose one from each category.
>>
>>44853208
>>Two handed broadsword, BIG SWORD=BIG MAN
>Flame
>>
>>44853250
Choose one from others
>>
>>44853265
Leadership.
>>
>>44853208
>>Two handed broadsword, BIG SWORD=BIG MAN
Flame
>Commerce
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Rolling for leadership vs commerce
>>
"Courses?"
"Two-handed broadsword, Flame magic, Leadership."

"Thank you. Please proceed into the main hall."

The crowd was already here, and it took Tsa no short period of time to navigate to the main hall.

When he finally did, he quickly found a seat, and reserved another for Lucius. Within a few minutes, they were reunited.

"So, Luce, which classes did you choose?"

"Dual swords with force and music." Upon seeing disappointment on Tsa's face, he asked, "Why? What did you choose?"

"Broadsword, flame, leadership."

"Oh." Lucius paused. "Well, we might see each other at the seasonal tournament or something."

Finally, it seemed as though everybody had finally arrived at the main hall, the big guy from the main hall appeared once again, but this time he was standing on a podium.

"HELLO, ALL. I HOPE YOU RECEIVED YOUR FIRST CHOICES, BUT PERHAPS YOU DIDN'T. THATS LIFE. YOU WILL STAY HERE UNTIL YOU PASS THE FINAL EXAMINATION, BUT ALL STUDENTS WILL BE KICKED OUT AFTER SIX YEARS. BEHIND ME IS ANOTHER DOOR. ONCE YOU GO IN, THERE WILL BE SHINING PATHS ON THE GROUND, EACH CORRESPONDING TO A DIFFERENT MAGICAL COURSE. FOLLOW YOURS, AND PROCEED TO YOUR DORM ROOMS. YOU MAY DO WHATEVER UNTIL TOMORROW, WHICH WILL BE YOUR FIRST DAY OF CLASSES."

Suddenly, the man disappeared with a puff of smoke, and the doors slowly opened by themselves, much to the amazement of most of the kids. As Tsa bid Lucius a farewell, he followed the glowing red path on the ground, which took him down more than a few flights of stairs. He didn't have much problem traversing down, but some of the other kids had brought with them clothes, books, and other things, which made it a hassle.

Upon entering the main dorm atrium, he proceeded to the male section, and placed his dagger on the bed, marking it as his. Just as he was about to take a long nap, a loud voice yelled.

"MEMBERS OF THE FIRE HOUSE! COME TO THE HALL."

(Cont.)
>>
When Tsa arrived, the hall was nearly full already, and much to his dismay he stood behind a rather tall individual.

"FIRE HOUSE. THE NEXT SEASONAL TOURNAMENT IS IN TWO MOON-CYCLES. FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, NONE OF OUR STUDENTS HAVE MADE IT INTO THE TOP EIGHT. WE WILL CHANGE THAT THIS TIME. TRAIN HARD."

You have a full day to explore the school.
>What do?
>>
>>44853590
Let's go meet our teachers. Let's go see our Broadsword instructor first, and see if we can't get our weapon/an early lesson.
>>
>>44853590
Get to know the people teachers and students by our bed/ closest neighbors.
>>
>>44853612
>>44853630
Why not check out the instructors first, Tsa thought to himself. Can't hurt, right?

Unfortunately, that was a task far easier said than done, due to the fact that there was no directory or map for each of the individual classroms. Most of the older students had used the extra day to sleep in, and Tsa had a sneaking suspicion that it was not a good idea to disturb them.

Finally, he found the classroom for the Broadsword Teacher, Lyrak Ar'che. When he went in, he was surprised to find a short, old lady. Still, Tsa knew from many years in the slums that the oldest people often knew how to give the most thorough ass-beatings.

"Hello, are you Lyrak Ar'che?"

"Yes, are you one of the new students?"

"Yes, my name is Tsa Dzien Ba."

"Nice to meet you, Tsa. Do you want anything?"

"Yes, I was wondering if I could have my weapon or an early lesson?"

"Sorry, but you only get your own weapon after your first year. As for an early lesson, I'm busy preparing tomorrow's, so I'm afraid not."

"I see, sorry about that."

Dissapointed, Tsa headed out of the classroom. At least you now know where the classroom is, he thought to himself.

>Try to get to know other people in our dorm
>Go to the flame instructor
>Other (Write in)
>>
>>44853848
>>Go to the flame instructor
>>
>>44853848
>Go to the flame instructor
>>
>>44853848
>>Go to the flame instructor
lol I will indulge you anon
>>
>>44853897
The flame instructor 's room was easy to find, as it was on the same floor as the dorms. The traveling up and down stairs was tiring to say the least, and by the time Tsa reached his own floor (B5), his legs were already beginning to feel sore.

The flame instructor was a rather normal-looking young man, except for the fact that his hair was flame-red.

What do you do?
>Spell book pls
>Get to know him better
>Ask about the class (Write-in)
>Other
>>
>>44853965
>>Spell book pls
>>Get to know him better
>>
>>44853965
>>Spell book pls
>>Get to know him better
>>
>>44853965
>Get to know him better
>Ask about the class (Write-in)
Any basic things we could do to practice fire magic?
>>
>>44854018
I like this, Any tips he may have to speed up our magic training other than the obvious? like train hard, ect ect.
>>
I'm going to try making this second-person, might make this easier. If not, just say so.

"Hello, are you Styer Kalp?"
"Yes, I am. You must be one of the new students! The class book is on that bookshelf over there, you can go grab one if you want. I recommend going to one of the practice rooms, but if you like living on the edge you can also practice in your dorm room. Just don't get caught," he says with a chuckle.

You go to pick one of the textbooks, a rather plain-looking bamboo-bound book.

"Oh yeah, by the way," he adds, "One of the things you should definitely do before practicing any of it is burn yourself a lot, if you haven't already. I did that when I was your age, helps a lot."

What an weird way of training, you think to youself. No matter. he seems like an interesting person, so you try to get to know him better.

"You used to go here?"

"Yup! I'm the fastest graduate of my entrance year, two years and I was outta here! I went around a bunch, worked for a couple adventuring parties, but I'm going to be here for a year or two, my wife just had her first child and I have to do my "father thing"." He rolls his eyes.

Interesting guy.

What to do?
>Train
>Get to know other students better
>Go to leadership classroom.
>Other (Write-in)
>>
>>44854209
>>Train
>>
>>44854209
>Train
>>
>>44854209
>>Get to know other students better
>>
>>44854222
>>44854245
You heed your teacher's advice, and after some more wandering you find one of the practice rooms. Thankfully, a few of them are still empty, so you rush into one, bringing a torch with you.

Do you follow his advice?
>Yes/No
>>
>>44854414
>>Yes
>>
>>44854414
Y
>>
>>44854414
Yes
>>
YOu take the torch, and start burning your fingers. First the tip, but after you get used to overcoming the fear, you start burning your whole hand. By the time the schoolwide diner bell is rung, both of your hands are bright red and somewhat sore, but you feel as though you've developed some sort of heat tolerance.

The dinner hall is made up of a bunch of small circular table, each that has roughly 10 people on it.

You make your way to Lucius's table, seeing as though he's the only person you know here. Right now, everybody seems to be minding their own business, while not talking to each other at all.
What do?
Talk to the:
>Big guy
>Lucius
>Shady-looking guy
>Rich-looking guy
>Short guy
>Smart-looking other guy
>Go to other tables to look for other people
>Mind your business and get out to train.
>>
>>44854682
>>Mind your business and get out to train.
And have Lucius train with us.
>>
>>44854682
>Mind your business and get out to train.
>>
>>44854707
>>44854751
You quickly finish eating the porridge, a much-needed upgrade from the bread-bits that you are used to having. Before leaving the table, you ask Lucius if he wants to train with you.

"Yeah, sure!" he quickly finishes his food, and the two of you go to the practice room. The two of you start practicing magic, and start using newly-learned spells on each other. This goes on for a while, and...well shit, was that the breakfast bell? Due to it being the first time you used magic, it seems as though the enthusiasm managed to overpower the fatigue.

Now, however, you can feel the tiredness getting to you. Not to mention, the next class is combat, and you have a hunch that sleeping in class won't score you any points with your teachers. Skipping the first day probably won't do anything, either.

>What do?
>>
>>44854884
Go to class.
>>
>>44854884
Go to class.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.