[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do your parents, or god forbid your children, think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 23

What do your parents, or god forbid your children, think about your tabletop habits?
>>
Anything that gets me out of the house is a good thing to my parents.
>>
>>44839230
they encourage it
to the horror of my bank account
>>
File: wat.png (128KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
128KB, 500x281px
>>44839230
Though we are not americomrades, they still oppose D&D because of the satanism-scare. Don't have anything against other RPGs though and as long as I don't mention D&D, I'm fine.
>>
>>44839345
Oh man, that sucks. I'm really sorry dude.
>>
>>44839230
They fully support it. My mom's friends used to play in high school, even.
>>
>>44839230
My dad got me into wargaming. I found his 3rd edition warhammer fantasy stuff in the attic.
I think he actually used me as an excuse to get back into the game under the pretense of 'spending quality time with my son' to my mother.
>>
>>44839230
My step-mother thinks Chick tracts are true. She's convinced my father of that, too.

My mother doesn't understand any game that doesn't involve alcohol and/or a ball. My step-father only remembers I exist when he's pissed off.

And I can't have kids.

I don't get along with my family, to put it mildly.
>>
My mother is a Quaker, and therefore is fundamentally against violence, even simulated violence.
However she's pretty big on personal freedom, so she supports me doing whatever makes me happy as long as it doesn't literally harm others.
My father is glad I'm not following in his footsteps, I at least don't have a child at the same age as he was and nor do I have a heroin addiction.
>>
>>44839230
Everything I do that doesn't isn't associated with becoming either a doctor or lawyer, my parents think is stupid.
>>
>>44839230
my dad still honestly believes I cosplay my characters so he buys me wizard hats and shit
>>
My dad is weirded out by it, and will occasionally mock me about it, but he doesn't try to actively prohibit me.

My mom is perfectly fine with it, though she got scared when I got introduced to it because Satanism bullshit. In the end it worked out fine because I ended up getting to beta test a game that was made by the guy who first introduced me to tabletop stuff back when I was a kid.
>>
>>44839632
are you asian?
>>
All they know is that I read sci-fi novels, which they consider "a waste".

Just wait till they see their monster girl grandchildren.
>>
>>44839644
And I hate you, too, anon. Let's hate each other together.
>>
>>44839644
I think he's a swell guy
>>
>>44839695
Still a better love story than Twilight
>>
>>44839230
My father saw it as a way for me to relax and express myself. Mother saw it as a waste of time and money. Step-dad doesn't care.
>>
File: kramer.jpg (12KB, 236x230px) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
12KB, 236x230px
>>44839230
>dad played AD&D with his buddies while they were in college
>mom played with him but never got heavy into it
>brother gets sick for awhile
>parents spend weeks on and off staying with him
>one week he gets particularly bad
>parents have to leave at the same time
>dad's old DM picks me up
>really chill guy
>worked in a water plant, retired early and kept working with nonprofit organizations as an engineer
>let me play with his dog and eat junk food and watch cable for hours a day
>but he chain smoked like a motherfucker, his voice was like gravel
>gives me a big box of all his old books and screens
>their old minis too
>parents come home
>say goodbye
>he dies of a heart attack a couple months later
>guy was 55
>still use the minis and I'm running an AD&D campaign in a couple of months
This isn't so much a hobby to me at this point as it is a legacy.
>>
My dad and his boss were the first ones to get me a real rpg book when I was recovering from a major back surgery about halfway through high school. My /tg/ obsession has spirals immensely since then, but I don't think he knows to what degree. My dad's so laid back about everything that I could knock up a stripper and he probably won't flinch.

My mom died before I reached high school, so she never got to see me become a fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>44839642
Heh, at least he's supportive
>>
I haven't spoken to my dad in a few years, but I imagine he would make fun of me for it.

My mom doesn't care. When I told her about it when I first got into it, she just stopped my awkward explanation and said "No drugs or anything else illegal involved, right? Ok, then whatever as long as you enjoy it."
>>
>>44839230
My mum doesn't really understand it and my dad just laughs about it and talks about parts in Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>44839784

You did phrase your operation like was an unfortunate consequence instead of something you chose.
>>
My dad was against it at first because of demons and shit, but he's cool with it now.
My mom died before I started playing, but she probably would have been cool with it because she was a big Tolkien fan.
>>
>>44839230
They're the ones who got me into it, they were DnD 1 players.
>>
>>44839230
>Mention I'm going to game night a few weeks ago
>Grandma from South Carolina asks what game
>Ohboyherewego.jpg
>"Uh, it's nerdy stuff, you wouldn't recognize it"
>"Aw, just tell me Anon, I might have."
>Brace myself for scolding
>*Sigh* "It's Dungeons and Dragons."
>"Oh, I've heard of that."
>Former preacher dad chimes in
>"Anon, that's satanic," then laughs
>Everything went better than expected
>Later, mom asks if I had a good time
>Yep, it was fun
>"Well, did you win?"

So yeah, parents don't care at all. It probably helps that everyone in the group is from our church.
>>
My parents were and are still very cool. Pop reads SciFi, fantasy, and military fiction, so he gets the settings. Ma doesn't understand how it works, but gets that it's about creativity and problem solving. They both think it's kind of nerdy, but also were happy that it was harmless fun when I was a kid. They know I still play and never comment on it except to ask if it's a game night or not when they want me to come over and visit.

My kids are/were into Magic and CCG type shit, which I dislike. I got some of my 40k models from one of my sons who abandoned them when he decided he hated everything and everyone around 16. I actually started playing 40k after he quit. I didn't play wargames as a kid, and initially disliked the idea because my exwife's boyfriend was into it and I guess I was jealous because he shared that with my kids. I got some of his old models too, which is ironic because I gave him a ton of 2ed AD&D stuff when I quit gaming for a while many years ago.
>>
>>44839230
My dad got me into DnD and tends to play with us when he can.

He ends up being the one with the best one-liners.
>"Past you or over you, we need to get to our friend."

Guy keeps rolling wizards... Should probably look into a bard sometime.
>>
Pretty young single dad with a daughter. My parents never really minded though thought it was too expensive of a hobby. My daughter about old enough to start involving in tabletop, and she can definitely play board games. She enjoys the hobby, and it's my attempt to try to turn her from exclusively video games.
>>
They've never made any negative comments (outside occassional ribbing) and my mother has asked me questions about how tabletop roleplaying games work from time to time.
>>
>>44839896
>It's satanic
Why the fuck don't people just pull the cleric card?

Seriously, is anyone gonna debate that a game where you have the option of performing miracles and smiting demons is satanic?
>>
>>44840085
I tried the "The demons are the BAD GUYS!" route with my parents. Didn't really fly.
>>
>>44839230
My parents are chill, playing some of the most popular boardgames themselves. Grandparents are a bit more interesting. They couldn't comprehend the idea of rpgs. When I picked up on ccgs they've instantly connected it to traditional card games and gambling. Hence not only
> Did you win?
but also
> How much did you win?

>>44840085
>Why the fuck don't people just pull the cleric card?
False gods!
A friend of mine once mastered a game for some catholic clergymen. They were chill, just insisted on being Priests of Jesus Christ in DnD.
>>
>>44839345
Sorry about that anon
>>
>>44840085
My dad was joking when he said that, if it wasn't clear. Neither of my parents actually think it's satanic, they both LOVE Lord of the Rings and are well aware that D&D is just another form of the fantasy genre.
>>
>>44839230
I brought my father to my FLGS which is also a cafe, many laughs were had. I played MtG with him as we smoked pot high on morphine that he brought over.

I think he'd enjoy Call of Cthulhu.
>>
So it really still happens. PnP and satanism, always thought it was old 60's stuff. Or maybe it's an american thing. Never heard of this before coming to /tg/ (French here). Personally both my parent don't care what I don't. Evenmore then think of this as social activity so better than vg.
>>
>>44839345
>thanks to a recent operation

Intentional? UK? if so, what age and where did you get it done?
>>
>>44840247

I played with a priest who just played a cleric devoted to good in order to get around the whole picking a god thing.

He was in our group for a session for some charity thing and belonged to the same church as our DM. Don't remember the denomination. His cleric did do a good job keeping our asses alive while we fought mutant werewolves.
>>
File: pcmentality2.jpg (92KB, 819x700px) Image search: [Google]
pcmentality2.jpg
92KB, 819x700px
>>44839230
He got me into it, ran games for me and my brother all the time. We had a long running Chivalry and Sorcery campaign, it was fun stuff. I remember going into his study as a kid, flipping through giant shelves filled with source books and back issues of Dragon magazine.

God I want kids. Everyone else seems to want to wait till they're forty or something though.
>>
>>44839230
Dad used to play D&D back in the 80's
I tell him about campaign shennanigans and he tells me about his old stories he can remember
>>
>>44839740
Let his memory live on, anon. And then when your children, or even the children of your players, decide that they want to continue along, you give them those minis and you never look back.
>>
My daughter thinks it's the coolest fucking thing in the world. She sits on my lap when I DM, quiet, eyes wide open, watching intently, sometimes gasping or giggling.

She'll probably grow out of it in a few months, I hope.
>>
>>44840085
>dnd religion

>polytheism
>also animism
>literally pagan sorcery
>not even a mention of the One True God
>LaughingNuns.mural
>>
>>44839665
Not him, but I'm in the same situation.

Not even asian, I'm Spanish, Andalusian concretely.
>tfw you aren't allowed to just fit the stereotypes and be a lazy faggot
>>
>>44840318
It's not so much an American thing as certain parts of the US and Canada. I grew up on the coasts around major cities and I've never encountered this stuff in person either, but when you get into the really backwoods areas you can find pockets people who believe some truly shockingly stupid shit. It's also very generational. Young people here are overwhelmingly less religious than our parents were. I've never even heard of this stuff coming from anyone under the age of 40 or so. It's always parents, grandparents, uncles, etc.
>>
>>44839230
>My dad is weirded out by it, and will occasionally mock me about it, but he doesn't try to actively prohibit me.

Basically my parents reaction to most of my 'nerdy' activities.
>>
>>44839230
They introduced me to it.

>>44840784
>>not even a mention of the One True God
There's a Crusades sourcebook for AD&D 2e.
>>
>>44840398
>Everyone else seems to want to wait till they're forty or something though.

It's because nearly everyone is in crushing debt.
>>
>>44840403
I'm not sure if it was a smart move to blackmail someone who is going to be operating on your genitals.
>>
>>44840403
I'm 26, I should be okay, it'sjkust tough shopping around to find someone who won't assume you want kids in future.
>>
>>44839740
Anon, you moved me into tears.
>>
File: 1330086045203.jpg (38KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1330086045203.jpg
38KB, 704x400px
>>44840972
Andaluz de mierder.
Seguro que eres tan vago que le pides a otro que tire los dados por ti.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448618972754.jpg (9KB, 241x232px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448618972754.jpg
9KB, 241x232px
>>44839740
True /tg/ mentor. Carry his legacy and tell his story truthfully.
>>
>>44839230
My parents played DnD back in the 80s when they were military, so they both understand and accept it. They initially helped me get into the hobby, but I'm way deeper into it now than they were.
>>
>>44840213
Her mother walked out on us after having her. Not sure why, we never got a reason or even a word about it. Thankfully my parents did most of the work for a few years since I was too young to be properly taking care of a baby.
>>
>>44840982
Maybe it's because of Television/Radio, like anti vaccine now; People tend to be easy to manipulate on stuff they don't care enough to learn about.
>>
>>44839230
They don't much know about it other than im into it. they don't care.
>>
I started when I was seven, i had just started a junior course at cartoon school and one of the teachers showed us how to draw D&D 3.0's core races and dragons using Lockwood's reference sheets.After browsing a few pages of the Monster Manual, I saw Reynolds' depiction of the iron and flesh golems and fell in love with the game.

My parents believed it was a tabletop game like competitive risk at first and dad even tried playing with me once. When they finally realized, they pulled the satanist game card and I passed my teenage years playing at my friends' houses to stay away from my parents' judgmental stares. They eventually stopped worrying as I had never committed any kind of crime or big misbehavior so they just believe I'm a lazy piece of shit who didn't want to go to college to follow his longlife dream of being a cartoonist.

I still play rpgs and since I started lurking here I have been getting much, much better at DMing.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>44840646
>Wanting it to be over
It's the cutest thing ever so just enjoy it you faggot.
>>
>>44841660
>mierder
Spanish, do you even speak it?
Also I'm actually Catalonian, but I live in the south. And no, my friends don't roll for me.

They are too lazy to.
>>
>>44840784
>2016 - Not following AO and getting nothing from it
>>
My dad played D&D in college. In a way he was the one who got me into sword-n-sorcery fantasy when he gave me his book collection, which had LotR, Shannara, and the Belgariad in it.
>>
>>44839230
I don't like talking to my dad about my geeky hobbies, because despite the fact that we enjoy a lot of the same kind of stuff, I've never really seen him get excited about it or get invested in it the same way I do. And I feel like the "getting invested" part of it is a fundamental part of tabletop in particular. Also because he actually enjoys Big Bang Theory.

I wouldn't be surprised if I found out my mom was into it when she was young, because she had always been a huge lover of scifi and fantasy fiction. But she died before I actually got into tabletop, so I never thought to ask her.
>>
>>44839230
My wife thinks I play poker or some shit with my friends. I never told my parents I was a roleplayer. Partly because I'm ashamed of this hobby, partly because noone in my country knows what it means (maybe a few who watched some stupid shows like Big Bang Theory).
>>
>>44839230
Dad's cool with it, some light ribbing thrown around. Mom died a few years back of cancer, but she'd likely be okay with it.
>>
>>44843576
She's 8, I don't think it will stick. And if it does stick I'm not sure I could deal with my little princess being a ca/tg/irl
>>
>>44844609
Believe me, its better for you two to bond through a shared hobby than to have her grow disconnected from you like so many girls with daddy issues do.

I've been searching like crazy for something to share with my father so we can bond because we never actually share anything, but its been no good. Really, if she's interested in the same things as you you should encourage it. Just make sure she grows independent from you too lest your relationship grows unhealthily dependent.

But I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously. I am 21 and have no kids after all.

Still, I hope I can have a few kids in the future too. A boy and a girl would be great. I'd do and teach them so much stuff.
>>
My parents are fine with my playing, but they are pissed that I'm the one running it in my basement.

The players don't mind though, so I'm fine.
>>
>>44839230
My mom doesn't care, and my dad's a bible-thumper who bought into the "D&D has satanic rituals!" bullshit, but can't stop me because I'm an adult.
>>
>>44844609
It's funnier to me to imagine her to be like fifteen and six hundred pounds.
>>
>tfw love of my life doesn't want kids and eight years haven't swayed her
Welp, maybe I'll make a cool uncle. Who knows?
>>
I'm 37 and am forever DM of our AD&D 1st Ed Greyhawk campaign. My boys are age 7 human fighter and age 9 half elf Cleric We also have my neighbor age 41 elf wizard and his son age 10 halfling thief round out the party. We play every Friday night while the females do craft night. this is the only night of tje week my boys are allowed junk food and soda.

Growing up I had to hide D&D from my overly Catholic mother. She was ok with Other FRPGs and other genres but no D&D!
>>
>>44845398
If you want kids you should just tell her so, that you NEED them and that cannot resign yourself to not having them.

If you are the love of her life she should understand that its something important for you and will do it for your happiness. If she still says no maybe you should think what's most important for you, her or your future children.

If she'd be willing to let you go over not wanting kids she probably wasn't the one like you thought she was.
>>
>>44845398

Age? It's easy at 25 for a woman to declare No kids evar! Once they hit 30s they realize there is no turning back, it's now or never.
>>
>>44845438
Got any fun stories?

Tell us about your children too, how are they?, I want to be a dad some day and I'd like to hear how its like.
>>
>>44845208
Are your parents pissed about gaming in the basement or are you living in the basement as well? My uncle is a carpenter, nearly 50. Smokes weed every day. Works about half the year. Cooks great pizza and lives with his parents my Grandparents who are in their 80s.
>>
>>44839713
>guy
>>
>>44841195
This. I want kids. My partner wants kids. But we don't have nearly enough money to raise them properly.
>>
>>44846181

Kids have amazing imaginations. Once you get them into the story they become obsessed. I field story line questions all week long. It has also peaked the boys interest in history, math, cartography, vexology, heraldry, mythology, and fantasy in general. Before we started tabletop a little over a year ago I have did choose your own Adventure books and Heroquest board game to get them ready.

The first game night I wore my old hooded cloak from my SCA days in college and turned off all the lights in the basement which was lit with candles. I had made their characters with them already. When they comedown stairs I addressed them by their characters names. "Dad this is kind of scary"....IAM not your Dad I am your DUNGEON MASTER! evil laughter. They thought that was very corny and laughed, they absolutely love game night. And so do I.
>>
>>44846376
I can't believe you actually made me wish I woke up tomorrow ten years older.

Its a feeling I haven't had since I was 8.

Enjoy it anon, enjoy it as much and as long as you can.
>>
My parents are cool with it.
When I was coming up with plans for a modern military game, I ran them by my dad (a former army officer) to see if they were sound. That was actually a pretty fun conversation.
>>
>>44846352
How poor can you be? I only make ~65k a year and my wife doesn't work. Our son is doing just fine.
>>
>>44846352
If you keep waiting for "enough money", you'll grow old and realise you're still just waiting. Take a leap of faith, and what money can't buy, supplement with love and caring.
>>
File: 1434960552766.png (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434960552766.png
28KB, 300x300px
>>44839230
My parents are just really glad that i'm not a smoker or a drinker like my siblings they love that I have friends over for such games and actually got me a bunch of pizza for session once.
>>
My mom thought that I would stop studying if I got into the hobby so she was initially against it. When I was still doing well in highschool she became OK with it. My dad doesn't really care, just happy I'm having fun. Tried to get me to talk about it once during lunch before I was leaving for school. I regret only kind of talking about it now. He was only trying to bond.

My son is 4 months old so he doesn't have an opinion. In fact I haven't played since he was born.

My wife is OK with it but it isn't her thing, I just have to spend my allotted pocket money for the month on it if I want new things (just like she has her pocket money for any hobby/music stuff she wants).
>>
>>44845102
I don't know, man. I wouldn't want to push it on her. Kids are flakey, one minute they love something, the next minute they couldn't care less.

>>44845305
No, fuck that. My baby girl won't be a whale. I've already got her in swimming lessons and I'm looking for more things to sign her up in, her mom cooks healthy for us.
>>
>>44839230
Dad played them. He says his favorite was Paranoia.
>>
>>44839230
They support me and my hobbies. Because they are nice people. My dad chuckles at me every once in a while, but he's cool with it.
>>
>>44840784
There's a section in 5e guides for playing/running campaigns with only one supreme god.
>>
>>44839616
>Quaker mom
>drug addict dad
why the fuck is this overall situation a recurring motif in my life when it comes to acquaintances' parents?
>>
File: 1384450929767.jpg (273KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
1384450929767.jpg
273KB, 1000x705px
>>44847507
Then don't push it onto her. Just ease her into it like you would any kid into a new hobby, let her feel the waters for herself and figure out for herself if she actually enjoys it or just thinks that she does because her dad's in charge of it.
Ask her if she likes magicians, or knights, or dragons, or animal-people, or any other classic fantasy staple you can think of. Ask her if she'd want to play around as it for a little bit once a week, and if so what she'd want to be. Give her some dice (2d10 and 5d6 should do the trick at first) and just let her mind go free; the sense of enjoyment should go before any mechanics. Have her decide what abilities she would have (for instance: Dragons can fly, breathe fire, bite people, and claw things, whereas Witches can charm people, talk with animals, and make all sorts of potions) and then bullshit some starting numbers: +3 to Magic, +1 to Swords, 25 hitpoints, whatever. Tell her she needs to beat a target number whenever she wants to do something cool, and then have her roll whatever dice you think works best. If she enjoys it, great! Keep doing this stuff with her, and eventually advance her to actual rules and games. If not, thank her and be happy in the fact that you gave her the chance to blossom.
The important thing is: "YES, BUT..." let her try new things, and if she does something strange give her a complications; don't shut her down, but give her a challenge. Most importantly though, is let her have fun.
>>
>>44840280

Makes sense, as LOTR is Christian as fuck. Do they also liek Lewis?
>>
My Dad got me into D&D when I was 15, and he, my uncle, my brother and I bonded over it and have a great time playing. I'm forever DM, and it's been a great 4 years.
>>
>>44839610

>Not having a beer or two while playing.

Hell I've played characters that I need to be a little drunk to RP correctly.

...I miss that Monk.
>>
Pfft. In my games, me and I my 12 year old son play a pair of lesbian halfling lovers and it isn't weird at all!
>>
>>44849567
You can't just say that and not give details
>>
>>44839784
At least you won't pass on your autism.
>>
>>44839230
My dad is a fa/tg/uy. I've seen him post on here before. That should tell you all you need to know.

I haven't talked to my mother in over a year, so who gives a fuck what that bitch thinks.

My brother is a mtgfag who can't into roleplaying.

And my girlfriend doesn't exist.
>>
>>44839740
Did you make a thread about this a while back? I vaguely remember this story.
>>
Southern Baptist Parents. Father is a pastor actually.

I didn't really get into tabletop till after Id moved out. They weren't thrilled and gave me a little shit.
Not a lot. But some.
But I was on my own, so what could they do?

Offhandedly I mentioned to them I was playing with a group of guys from an extremely conservative home school collective.

I named some of the families these guys came from and they've been cool ever since. I wasn't home schooled but the families have enough presence and respect behind them to ease their minds.

The home school families are cool with it for the whole Tolkien fantasy thing. They love fantasy.

Couple that with me explaining its basically "improv acting" and "collaborative story telling" they're a pretty much cool with it.

Now if they would only stop giving me shit for enjoying booze.
>>
>>44839230
Mom's been alright with it mostly saw it as "aw he's finally making friends. Its weird and I don't get it but I'm happy for him." kind of thing. Dad was mostly the same way with a feint vaneer of mockery, but usually of the other friends that played it.
>>
>>44839230
My dad is a total fa/tg/uy, and my mom shares my love for science fiction books. My folks are totally cool with /tg/ stuff. Finally was able to talk dad into giving 5th ed a shot, and he currently is playing a evil campaign with his old gaming buddies.
>>
File: 1314338550436.jpg (76KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1314338550436.jpg
76KB, 396x691px
I'm a 27 year old with a BA in english who lives with his parents and runs roll20 campaign every other sunday. Everyone but my parents know about my hobby. I'm ashamed of myself and need a better paying job so I can move into an apartment with my g/f. But I can't stay away from writing/daydreaming about fantasy shit...
>>
>>44848978
Oh man, taking parenting advice from 4chan.
But you're right, I'll give it a shot, take it slow, see where it goes if it goes anywhere at all. So far the closest I've gone to sharing the /tg/life with her was a dragon plushie I got her.

Thanks, bro.
>>
>>44850529
What do your parents think of the gf?
>>
File: thatsnicedearl.jpg (40KB, 510x352px) Image search: [Google]
thatsnicedearl.jpg
40KB, 510x352px
>>44839230
Both of my parents are huge fantasy nerds. They have a legit library in their house and most of it is Brooks/Pratchett and other types. However, neither of them see the point of games that aren't "sports" so tabletop and vidya are both things that make their eyes gloss over. Also, when I was living with them during college, my mom forbade me from hosting games at our place because my friends acted like a bunch of drunken sailors. But beyond that, they're supportive because they know I love it. I just wish they would stop nagging me to "Get those games turned into books so you can do something productive with that imagination!" Somehow they forget that I never got above a C in english/Lit.

tl;dr tfw
>>
>>44843814
>Also because he actually enjoys Big Bang Theory.
Any horrific consequences?
>>
My mom drove me to my weekly game over the summer was pretty legit thanks mom
>>
>>44839230
Who do you think got me into this shit anon?
>>
My parents met while playing D&D
>>
>>44847273
65k is a lot, speaking as a europoor living in the fucking boot.
>>
>>44839230

I've trained my 2 year old daughter to say "WAAAAGH!" when I ask her "What sound does an Ork make?"

She will also respond with "Okay" if I ask her "Does daddy need more Orks?"
>>
>>44853970
That's terrifyingly cute.
>>
>>44847273
Speaking as someone eking out a living on $20k in your money, £14k in mine, you're fucking loaded son.
>>
>>44840972
At least they don't expect you to listen to Camarón de la Isla and receiving PER.
>>
>>44848978
You're a pretty cool anon, anon.
>>
>>44854203
Nah, I only like foreign music. My favorite is David Bowie.
>Tfw a week ago

Still, Camaron. I apparently look like the fucker. Which is bad.
>>
>>44839230
My father finds it awesome and asks me to tell him about games, but he doesn't have the time or patience to actually play. My stepmother doesn't care much for it, but she was really happy when I started the hobby cause I finally started to do something with living people.

My mother plays wizard elves, whatever the system is, and likes social interaction and investigation most.
>>
>>44839230
I have played and still mostly play DnD with mostly close friends. My ever-expanding throve of WMH/Malifaux/Infinity minis on the other hand initially raised suspicion in my parents and later my girlfriends to follow. I just say its like a chess thing and that seems to work out so far.
>>
My father plays with me in a weekly AD&D game whenever I'm home from college. He plays my character while I'm away.

My mother doesn't really get it, but she's happy that I'm being sociable and enjoying time with my friends. She's even willing to put up with my group meeting at the house while I'm home for breaks. She's a saintly woman.
>>
>>44839230
My daughter really wants to play games with us, but I've told her she can't, until she learns to read a bit better (she's 4). I was talking to a friend about Eberron having dinosaur-riding cannibal halflings and she overheard, saying "Dad I think because that game has dinosaurs you should let me play."
I've been trying to find a game I saw on /tg/ once that was really simple (like it was for kids), it was one page, and you had three hearts, Zelda style, and it only used d6.

My wife is part of a group of her friends that I GM for (that game is Numenera)
>>
>>44840972
Andalusian scum. Because of people like you Iberia fell to kebabs.

>Lusitania stronk.
>>
>>44847273
The median US *household* made a bit less than 54k in 2015, and obviously there are as many households that make below that as above. Throw in mortages, car payments, debt from student loans, medical bills and so forth (not to mention just buying too much shit), and even some folks above that level may not feel financially solid.
>>
>>44839230
I usually play flames of war with my dad at christmas
>>
>>44841327
anons a braver man then i thats for sure
>>
>>44839345
>adoption does not exist
>>
>>44839230
i know my father loved seeing how much i enjoyed playing magic enough that he would drive me 2 hours every friday night there and back to play.

i dont want kids but i would love to teach any future nieces and nephews /tg/ stuff
>>
>>44847396
>I regret only kind of talking about it now. He was only trying to bond.
awwww
>>
>>44853970
what does she have to say on the matter of dakka
>>
>>44839230
Both my parents respect and are sort of impressed of miniature painting and such. Both of them are into crafty things, so there's that.

Mom was mildly worried when I started playing RPGs, with the satanic scare from the 90s, but that went away quickly when she saw the people I played with and what we did. Now they both just think it's nice I get social and have fun.

I'll probably introduce any eventual kids to traditional games, and I'll try to see if my eventual niece/nephew will be interested.
>>
>>44855350
This? I like the simple approach but think 2d6 + attribute is a bit mathy for little kids. I'd be tempted to do something like having a target number that is typically in the range of 3 to 5 (or over), and having the player roll take the better of 2 rolls, a single roll, or the worse of 2 rolls (depending on whether they're using their strongest, middle, or weakest attribute). For difficult or easy tasks, you could change the target number (typically raising or lowering it by a single point). This means that there is never any real math for the player, just comparing numbers and seeing which is bigger.

>Target # 2 (task is laughable)
>Strong = 97%
>Mid = 83%
>Weak = 69%

Target # 3 (task is piddly):
Strong = 89%
Mid = 67%
Weak = 44%

Target # 4 (task is challenging):
Strong = 75%
Mid = 50%
Weak = 25%

Target # 5 (task is heroic):
Strong = 56%
Mid = 33%
Weak = 11%

>Target # 6 (task is incredible):
>Strong = 31%
>Mid = 17%
>Weak = 3%
>>
>>44840318
>always thought it was old 60's stuff
Uh, 80s stuff.

I'm the same way. It's weird as shit to hear about how people still give a fuck about /tg/.
>>
My parents don't speak English, they just assume I'm playing Monopoly with friends and that we get very into it.
>>
File: beatkid4.jpg (41KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
beatkid4.jpg
41KB, 320x240px
>>44855350
> Dad I think because that game has dinosaurs you should let me play.

SANTA CLAUS KILLED THE EASTER BUNNY NOW GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP OR THE TOOTH FAIRY GETS IT!
>>
>>44839230
They don't know about it, mostly because I got into it late in my life already grown up.
>>
>>44840308
>morphine
Well you enjoy that addiction then you fucking housewaggon tier junkie.
>>
>>44855614
Alternately, you could do a single roll, better of 2, best of 3 sort of thing (instead of worse of 2, single roll, best of 2), raising your average target by a point or so. In that case, your chances of success would look like:

>Target # 3 (task is laughable)
>Strong = 96%
>Mid = 89%
>Weak = 67%

Target # 4 (task is piddly)
Strong = 88%
Mid = 75%
Weak = 50%

Target # 5 (task is challenging)
Strong = 70%
Mid = 56%
Weak = 33%

Target # 6 (task is heroic)
Strong = 42%
Mid = 31%
Weak = 17%

I kind of like it this way, because having to take the worse of 2 rolls can feel punitive, whereas the worst you end up with here is having to roll a single die. Also, the gap between the scores is a bit smaller in terms of your chance to succeed, which I also think is good.
>>
File: The Powers of Imagination.png (107KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
The Powers of Imagination.png
107KB, 600x800px
>>44839230
Dad played Chainmail and coded his own text games, so he gets it. He's also the guy who first told me about them. Mum never did anything nerdy at all, but knows as much as your average person about tabletop roleplaying games (so the general concept). She knows I'm a massive nerd, so she doesn't give a shit.
>>44849876
Sure she does. Just use your roleplaying skills.
>>
>>44855611
>but that went away quickly when she saw the people I played with
Why is that always the pattern?

It's always "parents were anxious/worried when they heard about it -> but when they saw who it was with they lightened up".
>>
They are supporting it since it means I have at least some social life.
>>
>>44848039

Because you play tabletop games.

People who do that are invariably fucked-up in one way or another.
>>
>>44855555
Quints of truth. You have to adopt
>>
>>44839345
>vasectomy

Good on you friend, we have a lot of people on this planet already. If you ever want kids, you might as well just adopt. We are going the same route with the girlfriend. None of us really wants kids of our own (age 30 and 35 already), especially since we have close friends with 2 little daughters below us as neighbours. I've watched their "sufferings" closely the past 2 years, and while they are a lovely family and good folks to have around, I don't what to put up with the kind of shit they do by being parents. I prefer my good night's sleep, freedom of inviting people over for late night gaming sessions, and overall working freelance from the couch without interruptions, or from a coffee shop of my choice.

I would never give up this freedom just to have a little person around.

pic related
>>
>>44841660
MADRILEÑO DE MIERDA, VETE A COMERLE LOS HUEVOS AL WERT
>>
>>44839230
I went through my tabletop gaming phase in my teens and then gave it up.

I started playing again because I moved to a non English speaking country and the only people I can find who all speak English are those who play 40k
>>
>>44852937

she's odd but alright
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>44855854
>pic related
It's absolutely quackers?
>>
>>44839230

My kids keep wanting me to run sessions of dee-un-dee for them but not keeping up on their own messes. I sometimes think that I ought to just run the game anyway but it's so hard to think in a pig sty.

Couple that with the little ones acting like toddlers act and you have a recipe for dad-head a la flambeau every time game day rolls around.

Yes, I have held my wife's hand. Yes, if feels goodman.
>>
>>448392
My Moms a huge nerd and thinks my adventures are funny
>>
>>44856112
Use gaming as a stimulus to make them clean shit up.
>>
>>44839230
I know that as soon as I started picking it up again he tried pushing me to get a girlfriend.
>>
>>44855446
>Lisitania stronk
Loving
Every
Laugh

Back to the third world with you and your orangutan-like women.
>>
>>44839610
Oh, fuck...
Sorry for you , Anon.
>>
File: sirnicolasthecage.png (169KB, 547x910px) Image search: [Google]
sirnicolasthecage.png
169KB, 547x910px
>>44840784
clearly you are playing in an inferior setting
>>
File: when all else fails.jpg (300KB, 2040x940px) Image search: [Google]
when all else fails.jpg
300KB, 2040x940px
>>44849930
possible. I can't remember the last time I started a /tg/ thread
>mfw 24/7 /pol/ shitposter status
>>
Just a hobby of youth that he'll drop as he grows up and becomes a proper adult with boring responsibilities.

I'd probably prefer them just hating it
>>
>>44840247
Holy shit this. Any time I do anything vaguely /tg/ related and it comes up in conversation, my mom asks me if I won.

God damn it mom, it's not about winning or losing, sometime it's about lying to your friends for as long as you can before you get caught. Unfortunately, thats not something that translates well to her generation.
>>
>>44855854
4000 million years ago, certain minuscule units began a project centered on the development of biological propagation machines.

Today is the day the machines rebel against their creators.
>>
My 2 year old thinks it's some good shit. She gets attention from new people every week and colourful shinies to throw around. Setting her loose on old wargame skirmish maps is the highlight of my day.
>>
>>44839230
My parents used to play AD&D in their youth, so they're cool with it, though the only real interaction they have with it is my dad occasionally reading through my DMing notes.
>>
>>44839740
That's really touching. Thank you for sharing.
>>
>>44855350
Play mouse guard, bro. It has cute mechanics that you can use. You have to give the helping dice to a teammate when assisting in a roll, hold their hand and tell to their eyes how you believe in them and how you help.
>>
>>44839230
>"You still playing that game, anon?"

They were about 1/3 of why my group broke up- the rest were legitimate reasons.
Because I have two of my siblings as roommates they feel like they can just show up whenever and consistently showed up during session, despite me consistently telling them when it was.
When I finally just scheduled session around their arrivals, they stopped showing up then.
>>
my dad thinks its cool cause he's military and has painted model planes and jets (and various other vehicles) since he was a teenager. He sees my interest in miniature war gaming as a chance to bond over the painting aspect of the hobby and buys me new brushes/paints/and models randomly throughout the year.
Mom doesn't care, it's just another geeky hobby in her eyes.
Fiance likes it more than video games because i don't hog the TV or sit at my computer with a headset. My hobby table isn't far from our living room due to living in an apartment so building/painting time for me counts as quality time with her as we talk about our days and stuff.
overall, i'm very fortunate.
>>
>>44839230
They don't know, they are the kind of hardcore Catholics that think it is literally some demonic possession ritual.
>>
File: 1381391016294.png (25KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1381391016294.png
25KB, 499x468px
>>44840646
>She'll probably grow out of it in a few months, I hope.
>I hope.
>>
My dad hates it, but not because of any EVUL or SATAN stuff. He just thinks it's a huge waste of time because he's your average baby boomer and not having 50-hour workweeks means you're a lazy pussy; he'd have the same opinion regardless of my hobby.

My mom is neutral on it, though she is glad for the semi-regular social interaction gaming brings; my brother's damn near a NEET so anything above that is great in her book.

My brother makes fun of me in between Guildwars 2 marathons and his MMO-of-the-week he blows $60 on.
>>
>>44858069
>50 hour working week
Holy fuck, why
>>
>>44858129
While I was in the oilfields, I'd get pissed at anything less than 84 hour work weeks.
>>
>>44839740
That was beautiful anon
>>
>>44858069
>your average baby boomer
>not having 50 hour work week means your'e a lazy pussy
It does OP. 90% of the population are lazy pussies and you're one of them.

>if nature gave you hands to create and legs to stand, why do you waste your life with your hands folded and your legs rested? Were you not designed to live?
>>
>>44858129
He just feels every generation after his is lazy and entitled and needs to work harder and blah blah blah.
Warning: rant incoming. Expect off-topic whining and treating 4chan like my personal blog.

The thing that pisses me off is that he's a total fucking hypocrite too. He worked construction under my grandfather for a couple years before he quit and worked as a bartender since then; never once did he work enough to be considered fully employed by anyone's standards, especially his own. Meanwhile I'm pulling 22-hour work weeks and taking 12 hours of classes. He was thrown out of college twice – once for failing out and once for beating a dude half to death because his idiot friends got scammed – yet still has my fucking high school progress report where I got a D taped to the inside of a cabinet because it was such a terrible fuckup he can't let it go. He's now basically constantly smoking pot yet somehow manages to still be mad at everyone for wasting time and money and being worthless shits.
>>
>>44858342
Nature needs to get with the times. It's working off a 100,000 year old blueprint.
>>
>>44858354
Yeah, it sounds like you're your bitchy, useless father's bitchy, useless son. And your kids are doomed to be every bit as white trash-tier as you are. I'd say you're on a bit of a high horse here, but in your situation maybe more of a high Sloth.
>>
>>44858342
>I'm such a glorious paragon of efficacy and hard work. Faggots need to work 80-hour weeks or they're wastes of flesh.
>Now to post my factual opinion on the chinese cartoon forum that I never stop browsing.
>>
>>44858342
Fuck off wage slave, I work at least 60 hours a week and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>44858365
>I'm telling you Quintus
>There's no need for labor
>I got 20 slaves to work my fields
>I got 2 Goths working the market stall for next to nothing
>I don't even have to vote now that we have Caesar making all the decisions for us
>I'm telling ya, nature's gotta get with the times
>All I need is a stronger liver, a wider mouth, and a fatter ass for this ridiculous marble furniture
>oh look, the Goths are here!
>And it looks like they bought some spears and torches while they were out.

Enjoy being a parasite. Your life will be perpetually empty and half-assed and crying your pathetic infantile ego to sleep every night won't get any easier.
>>
Dad was my DM in my early 1e years, never a real problem from any virus f the family. Hell I grew up knowing names like Raistlin, Sturm Brightblade, and Tanis Half-Elven.
>>
>>44858609
>Working for other people's profit
I'm sorry you chose the comforts of conventional living over freedom of choice. I'm sorry nobody ever instilled the values of a work ethic or self-improvement in you as a child. Don't blame the world for your shitty decisions, every system ever put in place by mankind for running a society has devolved into a liberated ruling class and an easily subdued slave class, which you have opted to sort yourself into by your own apathy and negligence.

>TL;DR- All that happens is just, African-American compatriot. You don't hate your life, you hate yourself for letting it happen.
>>
>>44839230

My father and I have gone to World in Flames matches together. It's pretty awesome; although sometimes it feels weird to give him orders when I'm in a "senior" position in the game, like playing the Germans to his Italians.
>>
>>44858738
>I'm sorry nobody ever instilled the values of a work ethic or self-improvement in you as a child.
>Working for over 60 hours a week.
>No work ethic
Let me know when you stop being a NEET.
>>
File: Hnnnnnnnnng.jpg (134KB, 365x2514px) Image search: [Google]
Hnnnnnnnnng.jpg
134KB, 365x2514px
>>44858342
>work 37.5 hour weeks
>earn enough to share a 2 bedroom two floor house + a learner motorbike, and still have enough for LARP, P&P, vidya, and potentially reinactment
>also get 27 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday, a company pension, and discounts
>mfw
>>
>>44839441
So are they ok with World of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu and Kult?
>>
>>44839586
Your dad is a good chap it seems.
>>
>>44858160
>tfw I missed that slick black train

>>44839230
They don't really care. My dad has chuckled about it a few times, but that's about it. If my mum knew more about the fluff of some of the rpgs and wargames I play, she might worry more-she was the type who thought taking away loud music and dark literature would cure mental and spiritual ills all throughout childhood.
>>
File: america.jpg (675KB, 1935x2591px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
675KB, 1935x2591px
>>44858768
>get job
>bitch constantly about hours because god forbid anyone takes an extra 2 hours of your precious jerk off time
>make no attempt to communicate with boss to bring down hours

You know what the work week used to be? There wasn't one. You worked until you got enough shit done to not die. Now you have the luxury of not only choosing exactly what kind of work you do (and most of it is sitting on your ass), but also how long you do it, with the expectation of leisure time at the end of the day.

NOT TO MENTION that you also get a retirement and benefits and if you are so fucking pathetic as to find no means to support yourself (which used to mean death) you can apply to have a giant network of professional thieves take other people's money (people who actively work to improve their situation) and give it to you, solely because you are so devoid of agency that you are given the same kind of pity and support that one would lend to an animal. Like a stray cat, if the cat were also unable to hunt, fight, or reproduce.

A "Work ethic" isn't a measure of how many hours you put in. It's your attitude toward self-sufficiency, which you have none of, you petulant, incompetent man-child.

pic related: It's your soul
>>
>>44855614
That was it, thanks. (several hours later)
I think it'll be simple enough because she can add, they've been teaching her that in school. If the math seems like too much, I've screenshotted your other posts and can give those a shot. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>44859052

actually excluding the industrial revolution, nobody worked as many hours as we do today. they also got a fuckton more holidays (holy days) too.
>>
>>44860039
Shhhh your facts are getting in the way of his /pol/posting. We should all feel terrible about ourselves and seek to emulate the übermensch calling others losers on 4chan.
>>
Not my own kids, but the now retired redshirt from my local gw has the cutest kids. around the 5th ed release of the greyknights, she got into trouble with another girl in her play group. when the other girl maintained she was innocent, she burst out with "Innocence proves Nothing!"
>>
>>44839230
Fifteen years ago my parents were glad I was playing games instead of getting into trouble.

Last night my daughter was pestering me to run another game so she can try playing a bard.
>>
>>44839230
My perants encouraged me to find a hobby. They didn't care what I did, as long as I enjoyed it.
>>
>>44860039
It's however also true that peasants for example never really had dedicated "free time"

Instead, however, their work time was never pure focused work like we do nowadays either. Folk songs, folk tales, social gatherings were often entangled with doing work.
>>
I've been aching to play some tabletop since I've been home from school over winter break, so I convinced my mom, by brother, and my sister to play 5E.

They had fun, and it was one of the most involving sessions I've ever played. They didn't really have any conceptions of limits in the rules, so they were much more creative with what they had (using a frost spell to push a cloud of evil mist out of the way, throwing axes to trigger traps). They also enjoyed the dungeon crawling and combat much more than I thought they would.

Overall, really looking forward to the next session.
>>
>>44841660
buena guaje
>>
>>44839230
waste of money like my collection of WWII memorabilia and firearms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8aE99weR4
>>
>>44839230
They have pointedly never commented on it. I'm not sure they understand what it's all for.
>>
>>44839230

They seem supportive of it, more so than my vidya habits.
>>
>>44860825
That sounds really comfy, bro
>>
>>44857099
Can't even into your own country.

Lusitania is white.

Free of filthy Kabab and slav.
>>
>>44859052
>make no attempt to communicate with boss to bring down hours
I tried.
Fuck off house nigger.
>>
>>44839230
My dad doesn't get them, but likes that I do them, and likes most of my players. My mom hates it and thinks it's the devil.

Jokes on her, the two things she hates most about my life are what have prevented me from killing myself.
>>
I don't know what my mom thinks about them, but my dad encourages them since it gets me out and doing something. It also helped that he was a collector of sports stuff like figures, cards, and other stuff. When I used to play yugioh competively in highschool he would always ask me if there was a tournament I wanted to go to and always offered to drive me and my friends to them. He also really liked my WH40K models and gave me tips on painting them, since he was a painter.
>>
File: 1452130568951.jpg (430KB, 1080x763px) Image search: [Google]
1452130568951.jpg
430KB, 1080x763px
>>44859052
You shut your fucking face. Bitching about our job is a fundamental right that god gave to every American.

Freedom of speech mother fucker.
>>
>>44855854
>we have a lot of people on this planet already

Just so you know, reproduction is already well below replacement everywhere except Africa and India. You could make the entire population of the USA go extinct right now and Africa would make up the numbers in 10 years.

http://www.techinsider.io/africas-population-explosion-will-change-humanity-2015-8
>>
>>44863575
>You could make the entire population of the USA go extinct right now
Because we have evolved to not like sex.
>>
>>44863643
No we haven't. That's not how evolution works.
>>
>>44863677
That was the fucking point.
>>
>>44863145
What's the other one?
>>
>>44864870
Prostitutes.
>>
>>44860039

Reading a book about ancient history of Mesopotamia, naturally deals with the whole transition of hunter-gatherers into agrarian societies. According to the author's citations, studies of modern hunter-gatherers suggest one only needed to hunt for meat 2-3 out of every 7 days. And I've heard elsewhere such as from Dutch/British visitors to 17th-18th century Southern Africa how damn relaxed and comfortable hunter-gatherer existence was.

Not the whole story of course but interesting to hear. Similarly I've read that the lot of peasantry in Europe varied significantly depending on the century or location and not in the erroneous progressive notion of "everything got better as time went on". German Peasants being better off before the 16th century and their abortive rebellions and the reformation shitting on them and basically re-asserting serfdom, peasantry in the 1400s-1500s of France being fucking awesome but then declining in the 1600s, ect.
>>
>>44839230
That implies I have parents.
Or children.
Or any living ancestors, relatives, or descendents.
>>
>>44839230
Mine are just glad that it's something that gets me out the house.
>>
>>44864870
Guns.
>>
>>44865198
Pretty sure guns are how I am going to kill myself.
>>
>>44865268
The irony isn't lost on me.
>>
>>44865268
It's an abusive relationship.
>>
>>44865283
Seriously how have guns made you not kill yourself? Honestly for me they offer a quick, easy and affordable death.
>>
>>44865068
I can bring up a similar example. The Hungarian plains were the country's most developed region in medieval times, densely populated and the second place in the entirety of Europe to adopt the use of scythes for harvest due to the abundance of wheat- but after the Turkish occupation lasting from the beginning of the 16th to the end of the 17th century, most of it was wilderness running absolutely rampant, with the populace either living in surviving small clusters of villages or centered around the sprawling rural cities that could keep people safe from the constant border skirmishes. The 18th century saw massive immigration, and in the 19th the plains were a major source of wheat for the entire region, but in terms of technology and society it remained backwards compared to the country's northern regions and with the wilderness pushed back and the natural swamps gone, sand dunes started popping up. By the 20th century parts of the plains were among the poorest regions of the country, and remain rather miserable places still.
>>
>>44839230
My parents both love the idea of me getting out of the house every week and hanging out with friends. Neither of them fully understand what I'm doing, and god forbid they don't realize it's the only thing I really live for.
>>
>>44839896
yeah, but...did you win?
>>
"grandchildren when?" but I'm in no rush in that regard, maybe someday

>vasectomy
Any idea is RISUG / Vasalgel is available somewhere in Europe?
>>
>>44865340
The people who own guns are awesome, and having something that I can care for and a skill I can get better at help kill the depression.
>>
>>44865365
>but after the Turkish occupation
Have Turks had any sort of positive impact on history whatsoever? Every time I hear about them it's always about how they fucked up XYZ forever by being Turks.
>>
>>44865626
Well, they did bring corn here, at least...
>>
Parents are veteran neckbeards. My father has played DnD since the first edition came out, and got my mother into it and they played second edition for years. I pretty much grew up into it.
>>
>>44865803
Your mom has a neckbeard?
>>
>>44839230
Well, my Dad still recalls it sometimes when he feels like mocking me for something, which is all the time.

In fact, he's like that with most things I like.
>>
I never understood parents who mock their children. What the fuck do they hope to achieve?

My parents often questioned and still question my choices, but never mock them.
>>
>>44839784
Sorry for offering our sympathy, asshole. Next time I won't bother.
>>
>>44867552
I think it's the only fun my dad has anymore.

I asked him once if there was anything he enjoyed. He went quiet for a minute, and then said no.
>>
Wow so many children of veteran /tg/ers

I mostly wargame and since i spent tge fiest 8 years of my working life in the army my wife pretty much just plays it off as "oh he's just really into army stuff". She really likes my painting too. I gave her Dad a 20mm painted figure of ieyasu tokugawa coz he's into that shit.

My daughter likes is occasionally allowed to use my old brushes to ruin a mini.

My parents dont mind what i do aslong as it makes me happy sucks to hear about peoples parents giving them shit about their hobbies.
:3 chill at my house guys. No judging here
>>
>>44865626
Well, mainland Turkey/Istanbul arguably, as the byzantine decline was leaving cities depopulated and desolate, with Constantinople having farms inside the Theodossian walls by the time of the Turkish siege.
>>
>>44867684
Holy shit i cant type on a phone
>>
>>44865626
If you ask anyone that is Christian from Eastern Europe, no.

But I bet those that helped the corpse empire stay afloat to keep Russia busy would certainly have nice things to say about them.
>>
Eh, my parents are neutral on it. They aren't interested, but they think its cool I have hobbies.
>>
>>44839740
I don't think I could ever give up my /tg/ stuff to someone else. I know lots of people have what I have, but it's mine. I've put a lot into my miniatures and character sheets, and I'm hoping to make plenty more memories with my stuff.
>>
>>44870008
You're gonna have to let go eventually, bro
>>
>>44871480
I can be like that grognard from a the thread a few months back - only instead of getting my stuff thrown out after I die and only having it luckily be rescued, my family has a vague sense of its worth and can give it to people who I'm sure will appreciate it, at a point where I no longer have to feel bad for my poor miniatures getting stripped and repainted, or the pages of a book I treasured getting thumbed through by someone else.
>>
File: htbn.png (88KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
htbn.png
88KB, 200x285px
My mom encourages it. She's a teacher and has used role-playing games with young children who are very shy or have troubles coming out of their shells.

She says children become more social and develop their communication skills a lot.

If only she knew...
God bless her heart
>>
>>44839230
My dad hates and mocks me for doing anything that he thinks is stupid which to him means anything that doesn't directly involve me earning a larger paycheck.

My moms Alzheimers was already pretty bad when I started playing so I'll never really know but she probably would be happy I'm actually spending time with other people instead of being a recluse like I was as a teenager.
>>
>>44865496
IIRC, Vasalgel will be tested in America by the end of this year or at some point next one. I´m in Europe, waiting for you guys to get it to pay you a visit. Actual commercial release will probably take a few more years.

RISUG... not sure right now. Pretty sure it´s closer to release, but it´ll probably still take a few years.

Nothing available in Europe yet.
>>
>>44867630
I get the feeling too many people have that problem.

Try to help him find a hobby. Watching TV doesn´t count.
>>
>>44865626

They brought the true faith to the unbelievers of Constantinople. That has to count for something.
>>
>>44863575
Vasectomybro here. I know that, however, I do not think in nation states. Negros or whites, all the same to me. What matters is that we would be fine with 5 billion less people. I do have hopes for viruses doing huge swings out of africa and india the next decades. A billion here, a billion there and we have to put less stress on the planet.
>>
>>44865626
Yrs. Baths and science.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.