[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #660: Cute Things Are Cute Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 29

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44810376
>>
>>44829399
Unless it's Heresy.
>>
>>44829399
Kirby is cute so long as you don't mess with his food.
>>
File: 40k_cultist_chan_by_jopereira.jpg (161KB, 1000x982px) Image search: [Google]
40k_cultist_chan_by_jopereira.jpg
161KB, 1000x982px
>>44829450
>>44829450
>>
File: IM SAD.jpg (43KB, 1904x814px) Image search: [Google]
IM SAD.jpg
43KB, 1904x814px
>>44829536
Stop making me wish I'd broken the Deadlight!
>>
File: What's happening in this thr-.jpg (299KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
What's happening in this thr-.jpg
299KB, 700x1690px
>>
File: everywahn.jpe.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
everywahn.jpe.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
>>
>>44829567
>wishing Hooligan Tuesday was dead
You're a terrible person.
>>
>>44829604
>>44829567
>>44829536
Well this thread is off to a good heresy.
>>
>>44829637
Having Tuesday is why the Deadlight is not broken. If I had taken either of the Eldar, then it would have been worth smashing that thing like it was a Victorian-era fire extinguishing grenade. I have no one to blame but myself here.
>>
>>44830004
Who is worse in your opinion the Eldar who might make you question your sexuality or the Dark Eldar who wants you to torture her?
>>
>>44830164
... but they're both xenos. I don't understand how one can be worse. Both should be purged.
>>
>>44830226
Especially Carwyn. I'd purge her all night long.
>>
>>44830258
50/50 chance it's a trap anon.
>>
>>44830335
That's a bad thing?
>>
>>44829567
>>44829536
I'm glad I went with Toby, there was no great loss and a lotta gain with him blowing up.
>>
>>44830335
100% chance I don't care. I don't care if she's also a he - I'd still hit her like the first of the Emperor.
>>
>>44830345
Good point.
>>44830467
You are a person we should aspire to be.
>>
>>44830467
Absolutely inspirational.
>>
>>44830335
Well, Carwyn is said to be super attractive. Even if Carwyn does have same equipment as you do, I highly doubt it would matter if you like Carwyn for Carwyn. If you want children, there's plenty of ways for that to work out.
>>
Question for you /jc/: is there some power, ability, item, magic system, etc., that you tend to fall back on?
>>
>>44830923
Way back when, during Swords & Sorcery, I managed, through a series of backroom dealings and sacrifices (of material goods, I'm not a monster) to get a Warhound demon bound to my service- and my life force. Cannibalizing a good deal knowledge from my Tome and the books of a wizard I'd killed towards the end of the jump(they expect a fireball, not 9mm), I was able to bind him to a small insignia tattoo on the top my right palm.

If all else fails, I'm cuffed, bound, gagged, silenced, disarmed, or otherwise defeated, I bite my thumb and flex a certain way, and out comes a demon hound bent on killing anything between me and survival. It's horribly painful, but effective.
>>
>>44830923
Well my standard tactic for when I need to put down a dangerous person quickly is to teleport a small object into their brainstem with Raildex teleportation. It works for most enemies but if they lack any such vital organs I have to fall back on conventional combat.
>>
>>44831055
>I'm cuffed, bound, gagged,
>I bite my thumb
Uhhh...
>>
>>44830923
The psychic abilities I picked up with 'Three Pounds of Dreams' in Psychonauts. When all else fails I can still immolate a city block, fly at 60+ mi/h, tear a cruiser in half, and plunge into the minds and collective unconsciousness of my enemies to end a fight before it starts.
>>
File: image.jpg (386KB, 3108x2259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 3108x2259px
>>44830923
My usual MO is illusions, shadow & air control. Both physical illusions and mental illusions. It won't help that my illusions are quasireal, so seeing they're an illusion doesn't make it hurt less. In fact it doesn't matter if you can see through it or not.

Now for when I really need someone dead. Depends on the opponent in question. Most people I can cut down eaisly, Tsubame from Wuxia usually will quadrasect most opponents. If that doesn't work, I can add Fable's Multistrike. That adds another six hits in. Lastly I have Valmanway & Triple Threat, which adds yet another 7 strikes. By the time the enemy has a chance to react they're usually dead after 17 strikes happening at once.

If all else fails and I'm out of magic. I'll use Joestar's Secret Technique. Combined with shadow walking, I'll be able to escape and recover enough magic to come back.
>>
>>44831217
That seems like a lot for one perk to do. Does it really give you that much potential?
>>
>>44831453
I'm a little disappointed that a guy called "Manyfist" doesn't have "punch it and then punch it some more" as his primary strategy.
>>
>>44830923
Before Madoka, I mostly relied on InFamous' Focus to briefly slow time enough to dodge or get out of dodge. After Madoka I often just stop time completely, layer a bunch of attacks in the air, move, and then start time up again.
As for the attacks, I either supersized versions of Shovel Knight's Enchantress fireballs, or I use the power of my fluffy tails to burninate huge swaths of terrain at a time. After Undertale I started adding bullets to the mix because they're so damn easy to fire and make fun patterns and it's neat.
So it's basically freakin Touhou up in here.

Those are pretty split-second, mind. Practically reflex. And the attacks are all when I'm not playing stealth jumper (although I tend to Focus regardless, because, really, who's gonna call me on that?). If I am playing stealth, my attacks tend to be more tailored to the role I'm playing at the time.
And when I have a little more breathing room, I tend to be more creative. But... when forced to react quickly, it's basically a case of "move and blast the crap out of it with overwhelming force".

I mean, assuming we're even fighting. I usually try to avoid that kind of thing.
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 600x800px
>>44831598
You see it's to throw you off. You'd never expect that someone could be so devious if they have a name "manyfist" (which my Jumper it's Emmauel "Manny" Fist). I've tried to go the punching route, I find myself fizzled out after like 30 something jumps.

So far this ninja route I'm 39 jumps in. I know I'm a slow jumper, slow. Mostly because I can't seem to stick to a chain. Maybe it's something I'm not, which is a punchie dude. I mean I've had Tae Kwon Doe lessons, but I don't like getting hit. I'm naturally sneaky though. But I got my name from an old EQ character, only one I could stick with, a Iskar Monk. I even had an edgy last name "Bloodomen" or something like that. Mostly because Manyfist Manykicks sounded lame. I was 10 or so when I played EQ.
>>
>>44830923
Magicka magic is my favorite magic system even if it is limited in some ways. It's just nice to be able to spam fiery death when you need to, though careless use of magic can quickly lead to situations such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtJQwqmogjM
>>
File: Apathy Is Death.jpg (56KB, 377x553px) Image search: [Google]
Apathy Is Death.jpg
56KB, 377x553px
Was she right /JC/?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 600x509px
>>44832125
Yes. And she was de-canonized because of it.
>>
>>44832125
She was absolutely right.
>>
File: Anti+Spiral.jpg (12KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Anti+Spiral.jpg
12KB, 500x281px
>>44830923
After millions of years of jumping (EVO was one helluva trip), you know what we still fall back on?

Video Conduit powers and pokeballs.

It's not even just for combat reasons. There are, surprisingly, gazillions of applications for hardlight constructs and dimensional capture devices in our day-to-day life. Create a staircase in midair over here, capture that summoned eldritch being over there. Granted at this point the tech we're implementing in the pokeballs resembles less the original deal and more a miniaturised Tesseract Vault. And the Video powers are being used mainly to download into existence things programmed by our space-time controlling computer programs.

The other biggie is portals, from Wakfu. Again-a godsend for when you need to connect point A to point B at the bottom of the C. Best of all-it's a spiritul technique, so-with a little finnangling we've developed our own chakra-shinsoo-wakfu technique. For when you absolutely, positive need to trick your opponent into charging into a private dimension where their own spiritual resistance only makes the seal stronger.
>>
>>44832172
>>44832228
How so? All I remember of the Apathy Is Death scene is the astromech droid being hilarious.
>>
Was anyone working a GW or GW2 jump? I've heard it kicked around a few times.
>>
>>44832479
I think someone was doing one, but they might have stopped, I really just recall complaints about writing direction in the games.
>>
File: 1439934162900-1.jpg (16KB, 297x218px) Image search: [Google]
1439934162900-1.jpg
16KB, 297x218px
>>44832479
I was trying to work on it but ever since the recent changes had killed my desire to play the game or even work on the jump. And besides it's not like I've been making much progress on it anyway. So I dropped it. Another anon is working on it however making two separate jumps.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 236x330px
Marvel's Kinesis, how much can you lift? Would it safe to say it's the same level as Strength?
>>
>>44832438
I meant more along the lines of 'the galaxy is better off without the Force', because it is. Without these lightsaber-wielding sociopaths and psychopaths running around, it would be a lot more sane. Remove the jedi, remove the sith, and you end up with a galaxy that doesn't throw itself into turmoil every few thousand years (or every couple decades, depending).

Also, it's absolutely HILARIOUS how corrosive the dark side is; say a few bad things and suddenly your eyes are yellow and you're slaughtering little kids for shits and giggles. Star Wars is a setting where the intention doesn't matter, and there really IS no gray area.
>>
>>44832613
Also it kills your fashion sense.

No, seriously. Dark Siders always seem to go rolling in a Bargain Bin Goth / Emo Clothing Shop.
>>
>>44832651
But they make fabulous uniforms for their troops!
>>
>>44832125
Yes, extremism on the Light and on the Dark side is unhealthy. Balance in the force is found in the middle. The original Je'Daii knew this.

She's also right about the force causing problems for the Galaxy, but meh, it's around, they're stuck with it, so balance.
>>
File: h23EC95FE.jpg (55KB, 460x426px) Image search: [Google]
h23EC95FE.jpg
55KB, 460x426px
How big is the cosmic warehouse, height-wise? One of the upgrades is 'loft' for stacking structures, but that's rather vague.
>>
>>44832813
Only ruling we have ever had was, Tall Enough.
>>
>>44832554
Answered literally two days ago.

>>44796288
>>44797517
>>
File: tumblr_n38t3vdqkD1rrftcdo1_400.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n38t3vdqkD1rrftcdo1_400.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>44832813
This tall.
>>
>>44832813
Depending on the day, QS ruled "as tall as the one in the image" (assumed to be the industry standard 32 feet) or "as tall as it needs to be." Fanwank appropriately.
>>
>>44832661
Eh, the helmets have been progressively getting better.
>>
>>44831548
Ater ten years of practice using psychic abilities for work and camp related activities with constant training throughout. Then a couple dozen jumps of experience with intermittent training, for a seasoned Jumper/Psychonaut
throwing minivan sized fireballs, telekinetically destroying an armored car, flight, and entering people's minds to fix underlying issues could be done with practiced ease. Discounting perks or help distributing the work load, those are the kind of feats you have to really focus on and give it your all.

Time is defintely a Jumper's best friend in this case though and I'd say Psychonauts is defintely the best place to pickup psychic powers if you want them early.
>>
>>44830923
Fear and intimidation tend to work.

Over the course of over 100+ Jumps, I've picked up nearly every intimidation and fear inducing perk there is.

I try and make it clear for some people that if they want to continue doing something, they are going to have a bad time.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 500x610px
Gunnerkrigg Court, howcome Magic Student doesn't have a 800 capstone & 200cp capstone booster?
>>
the mansion or the containment room from Resident evil become part of the warehouse after the jump? or you leave them there?
>>
>>44833220
because typos, the king in your head one is supposed to be for magic student
>>
File: image.png (312KB, 452x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
312KB, 452x630px
>>44833256
Ah. Thanks.
>>
>>44833180
Including the one from OPM?
>>
>>44833320
Havn't hit that one yet. There is something like 500 Jumps now and I've only recently finished going through 100. I'll get there soon enough.
>>
>>44833385
You'll be in luck when you do get there, it's got the best intimidation perk in the entire chain.
>>
>>44833239
Also how does taking "Antibodies" and "Hypnos Gene" work with the potentially beneficial effect of viruses?
>>
Where could I pick up some good golem making skills?
>>
Sunless Sea today maybe, get hype
>>
>>44833624
My hype is maximum. Looking forward to it.
>>
File: OPEN THE DOOR GET ON THE FLOOR.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
OPEN THE DOOR GET ON THE FLOOR.gif
2MB, 400x225px
How do you Dinosaur, /jc/?

Herbivore or Carnivore?
Packs of small fry or single larger beasties?
Turning yourself into one? Turning others into dinosaurs?
>>
>>44833624
Soooomewheeeere, oooover the raaaainbow...~

Is my hype level.
>>
a quick Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs question, What kind of firepower and performance should I expect out of the UFOs from Ugg's optional objective?
>>
File: warehouse.png (41KB, 903x183px) Image search: [Google]
warehouse.png
41KB, 903x183px
>>44832813
If you go by "as big as shown in the picture", this should be useful.
>>
>>44833679

...Is that JJBA? Did they seriously make a Walk the Dinosaur stand?!

...I seriously need to get back into that series. I stopped reading just as it was getting good because of time.

Anyways, question: You've got a duplication perk, like from Teen Titans, where the clones are semi-permanent or something. What happens if one of them gets transformed into something else permanently?
>>
>>44833731
Well, it's called Scary Monsters, but yeah.
>>
>>44833731
I don't think that's a stand but DIO from the Steel ball run. I'm not sure.
>>
>>44822319
So does that doubling of size work off of body mod or does It also account for other size boosts that enhance your baseline size?
>>
>>44833754
Basically, the Stand originally belonged to one of Valentine's henchmen and was used to give Diego his dinosaur altform but after he died Diego used Jesus' left eye to steal the Stand, gaining its' dinosaur powers
>>
>>44832479
somebody is, probably.
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
http://pastebin.com/HybsfYTP

Just dropping in the revised Anti-Planet Noble Phantasm for Val to review.

>>44833679
Making them fluffy.

All of them fluffy.

Especially the carnosaurs.

And then giving them all violence mantra.
>>
>>44833619
Smithy's Army from one of the Mario jumps is incredibly good. As with most magical things people want to make D&D and Fate/ can help too.
>>
How can you get your companions to have perfect memory like savant?
>>
>>44834263
Reverse Engineer the LoT memory implant? Just... don't do it in a 40k jump.
>>
Things I've learned when jump making.

1: Never make promises, delays can and will turn up.

2: There is always a second cake. There is no pressure but in your head.

3: Internet is a bitch. Especially when researching things.

Sunless Sea will be back shortly...

On the plus side its like 80% done, damn drive wipes. Keep backups fellow creators!
>>
>>44834323
Is it biological? i don't like implanting chips on friends head
>>
>>44834378
I think it is a chip, I just don't know any others, sorry.
>>
>>44834378
It's a chip, if you don't like that after reverse engineering it you could likely use Crimson Saint from Maoyuu to turn it into a spell. Past that I think your only real option would be to import them in jumps where there are memory perks to be had.
>>
>>44834263
This just now made me think, what would it be like to live with your companions for so long that they started to suffer from some form of Alzheimer?
>>
>>44834263
Import them to Worm, giving them an Alexandria Package and then take a drink.
>>
>>44834263
KOTOR has a 100 point perk for eidactic memory. Just import them as Jedi and they get that for free.
>>
>>44834263
I wonder if the Trainer from Hell perk from GI Joe would work for that, it can teach things like luck and charisma perks, a basic perfect memory perk like KOTOR's might be within it's reach.
>>
>>44834263

GUNNM - brain data storage tech.
Ar Tonelico - Reyvateil have extended lives and offsite storage (technically it's the other way around, but w/ever). Their memories stay vivid. Unless you're Shurelia...
Lord of Light - Gods live for thousands of years and have no real memory problems.
>>
Do companioms age? Ive been jumping for hundreds of years but never bought them immortality.
>>
>>44835123
>companioms
>>
>>44835123

It's not really worth thinking about, if you've done more than ten or twenty jumps you'll be coated in longevity options.

Far more likely is that a companion would decide to stop jumping before you, and leave.
>>
So I'm new to these things, and a bit overwhelmed.

What worlds are good as a starting point and won't get you killed right from the start?
>>
>>44835157
>Far more likely is that a companion would decide to stop jumping before you, and leave.
>implying they have a choice
>having companions express a degree of free will this dangerous
I sure hope you people don't do this
>>
>>44835166
Pokemon.
Monster's Inc.
Captain Planet(???)
Harvest Moon
>>
>>44835166
Start with pokemon and the Warehouse and body mod then go from there. Try some worlds like ravenloft and Madoka they will be fun for you.
>>
>>44835186
Jumpers sound like terrifying kidnapping entities.

>>44835194
Thanks.
>>
>>44835166
Quicksilver's stuff is a go-to in these situations.

As for other jumps, it really depends. Think of a popular and safe setting you know, and it probably has a jump already. You could try, I dunno, Adventure Time, for example.
>>
>>44835013
>it can teach things like luck and charisma perks
I guess I can see how you can teach charisma, maybe, but how the fuck do you teach luck?
>>
>>44835204
I'm a little iffy on Captain Planet, because the villains have a decent go at killing the main characters in the first episode.
>>
>>44835166
Most jumps are fine to start with really I'd go for something yhat gives you memory perks like kotor or pokemon for practical purposes but really, at least 3/4 of the jumps on the drive are easily survivable as first jumps
>>
>>44835204
>Jumpers sound like terrifying kidnapping entities
Sound like true fae to me.
>>
I've been skimming past this shit on the front page for 600 threads waiting for somebody to post what the fuck it is in the OP.

Finally give up and skim the thing in the hopes that will work, but the first fifty posts are shitposting about waifus.

Get your shit together, weirdos.
>>
>>44835268
You're honestly not that far off.

Jump-Chan is the Queen of the Court of Amusement, and we're all her courtiers.
>>
>>44835275
Have you ever thought to just ask what its about?
>>
>>44835275
>he's mad because his waifu a shit
kektastrophe
>>
>>44835268
What, you think the Mary Sues with ridiculous broken powers who drag people off to make the victim like a lesser version of them and mostly define themselves in contrast to others of their kind are like the True Fae?
>>
>>44835123
I'm pretty sure it was ruled at some point (Or at least fanwanked) that companions enter jumps around the age the jumper rolls and progress normally from there.
>>
>>44833694
Watch yor, warrior of the future. can most likely find it on youtube. The bit you want is in the last quarter of the movie I think.
>>
>>44835123
Its rarely come up for me but I'd assume so for most companions.

Early on I ended up spending 700 years in Claymore and most of my companions were mortal. I wrote it as them being by my side most of the time but as the years went by I put them into stasis in the Warehouse.

Now though most of my companions are various magical beats, wizards, machines, ect. They have some sort of alternate form that grants them longevity.

Though after reaching Tenchi and getting a Tree Ship plus Jiria Tree its now moot since it grants everyone young bodies.
>>
>>44835306
>>44835277
Welp guess I finally have my chain theme. Endless amusement. Endless games. Endless torment and fun. Wheres that candleabra?
>>
>>44835166
Hit the Generic Jumps. That helps cover you early on by getting you some early starter perks to help with later stages.
>>
>>44835288
That would be encouraging bad behavior.
>>
>>44835166
Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs is set up as a really early jump.
>>
>>44835389
Oh and as long as you don't get too greedy then I'd suggest Minecraft fairly early on. Like maybe Jump 10-20?

Mainly due to things like getting an Inventory to help carry stuff, access to some neat gear, and fun stuff like alchemy, potions, magic, ect, depending on what mods you take.

I'm fairly bias towards taking Equivalent Exchange. The ability to turn change materials into other materials is very useful. Turn sand into water, dirt into bread and so on.

A "safer" alternative to alchemy until you can take Full Metal Alchemist.
>>
>>44835453

And, honestly - Cheat Mode is damned useful.

Not just for duplicating artefacts, because that needs the power to actually make use of all of them, but just in general use, super useful.
>>
>>44835453
Secret of Evermore is probably better for most of those, though.
>>
Jumpers, what times have your perks adversely affected you by accident?
>>
>>44834378
There's a perk in G.I Joe that lets you turn any mechanical technology into a biotech equivalent, you could use that to alter their brains directly to have the enhanced memory.
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Ranma.jpg (214KB, 1982x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Ranma.jpg
214KB, 1982x1486px
>>44835628
>Take dodgeball "if your attractive to them they are attracted to you" perks.
>Go to Ranma 1/2 and can't help not noticing how attractive ranma's girl form always was to me.
>Ranma calls me sexy at one point obviously by accident and is embrassed afterward.
>Oh shit.... Well its fine, I'm not actively pursing him so he'll still go with Akane right...
>Totally underestimated how just not trying to beat him to a pulp for some reason or another and being generally nice to him would affect his feelings for a person.
>Sometime later Akane gets me alone just to tell me she is bowing out of the ranmabowl and take care of him/her leaving me flabbergasted. Goes on a date with Ryoga a day later.
>Goddammit!
>>
>>44835748
He asked for times your perks affected you adversely, anon, not times they worked out better than you expected.
>>
After seeing Guessing Games in the Undertale jump I was wondering, what other jumps feature time travelling by people other than the jumper?
>>
>>44835838
You...do know we have a Doctor Who jump right?
>>
>>44832125
Wait, who is this?
>>
>>44835628
I've got 2 or 3 perks that make extraordinary people gravitate naturally around me (one is from tenchi, one from worm and one i don't remember), it's really hard to lay low whit that in some jumps

I've got so many beauty perks gods got jealous in Xeena and god of war jumps (like a thousand ships from civilization)

I somehow got a couple perks that basically let all the demons/unholy creatures recognize me as their lord (from unholy heights i think and other ones from just being the Demon king i some jumps) that made it quite hard to be recognized as a "good" character in a lot of settings (in Supernatural i even got hunted by the Winchesters)
>>
File: Things Are Bugging Me.jpg (866KB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
Things Are Bugging Me.jpg
866KB, 1446x2046px
>>44835628
Well not perks themselves per say but rather the usage of them. I didn't take an imaginos body in GUNNM going with the karma chameleon+karmatron combo instead. Skip some jumps to worm where I rolled assimilation. Then decided to try using assimilation of the red robe of death and imaginos machines to experiment with my EVO altform. So those extremely durable imaginos cells began flipping their shit when I went wizard in Dresden and nearly caused me to self destruct given I was using this is my final form to borrow the benefits in my main form. I normally stack invasive species additions onto solely the EVO form until this jump, so I lost a good chunk of strength for that decade. Time had to be spent to move those same traits to forms not riddled with tech from the cells down.

If I were to try and describe the pain from that first few seconds imagine being imploded from within with the force of a star going supernova made of bugs. In every single cell at once. Put me in a bad mood for a few months there.

>>44835748
Kek.
>>
>>44835838
Mushoku Tensei has a time-looper called Orsted. He's OP as fuck.
>>
>>44835838
Harry Potter has timeturner thingies?
>>
>>44835936
Kreia from Knights of the old republic 2.
>>
Are there any perks that let me gain the knowledge of something by eating its brain? I know that Prototypes can gain a human's memories by eating them, but I'm going to be using this on something non-human.
>>
>>44836185
Space marines can do that, so LoT or the 40k jump.
>>
>>44836232
Thanks.
>>
>>44836185
There's a d&d spell for that. Absorb Mind, from the Book of Vile Darkness.
>>
>>44836242
I want to keep this biological in nature, not magical. Going for a sort of shoggoth-y thing. Well, counter-shoggoth, since I'll be consuming other eldritch horrors. I figure that eating the brains of lovecraftian aliens is a good way to expand my scientific knowledge, provided I have enough sanity and willpower perks to not be overwhelmed in the process.
>>
Outside of D&D Magic, can anyone think of a way to add psychic or spirit damage to a melee weapons attacks?
>>
>>44836289
Undertale magic is all about causing damage to the soul, and some of the purchasable magic types like Fire or Electric could be channeled through an attack. Weapon Magic's second purchase lets you conjure a weapon that does both physical and spiritual damage. And Megalovania adds the Karmic Retribution effect to your attacks, so that the more monstrous an opponent is (morally, not physically) the more damage your attacks do to their soul as a passive effect.
>>
>>44836262
>implying they have a brain
>>
>>44836352
Brain or equivalent information storing and processing structures. I'm generalizing here. Ideally I'd be able to adapt to and consume a wide range of biologies.
>>
>>44836368
Some of them, like the Yith, are pure consciousnesses without organic structures. A lot of the Great Old Ones, at least, are implied to be barely sentient by human standards, more akin to incomprehensibly powerful aliens with preset behaviors. A bit like Worm Entities in that regard.
>>
Anyone know of a way to teach or give "this is in fact my final form" From sao to companions?
>>
>>44835838
Mushoku tensei. Orsted goes on 200 year time loops, hes been doing this for the last couple thousand loops slowly getting stronger and trying to manipulate events to achieve his goals.
>>
>>44836185
Be an illithid from dnd.
>>
>>44833619
soul eater has some golem making perks and gloves
>>
>>44836422
I meant more the general concept of lovecraftian aliens than those specifically from Lovecraft's work. But you're right, there will be some that I can't digest. And I'm fine with that, even the limited subset I can eat will expand my understanding considerably.
>>
>>44836468
And what exactly are his goals?
>>
>>44836524
Kill a god at the center of the world. Anyone interferring with that generally doesnt last long.
>>
>>44836340
Would a Gaster Blaster with Megalovania behind it be a good way to kill the Endbringers?

go ahead and take a drink
>>
>>44836422
You've got that, and by way of contrast you've got the ones with agency that are almost hyper sapient. The ones whose planning, motivation, and cognitive processes are indescribable.

That latter group, I don't know, I think the problem with consuming them for a knowledge and intelligence boost is that the gap between them and other beings isn't one of pure cognitive processing power. They're just /different/ in a way that 2d beings are different from sound.
>>
>>44836556
Maybe? I mean, the Endbringers don't have souls, Worm is a monist universe. But given the way magic still works in universes where there's no magic, it's at least worth a shot. Maybe it will translate to destroying their operating systems, instead.
>>
>>44836441
Not possible.
>>
>>44836556
Would painting a alchemy cricle on them then converting one into a philosopher stone work?
>>
>>44836441
The Jumper's Mark from Dishonored lets you share a perk with up to 8 people. That could do it.
>>
>>44836441
Possibly ensoul from cardcaptor and make them all jewelry with it?
>>
>>44836566
Pretty much, yeah. One of them actually is a 2d being of sorts-the colour out of space.

It's like trying to explain what sound purple makes, or trying to convert information from digital to analog when you don't even know what all that data points are.

>>44836556
Since they have no soul, I'd say no

>>44836575
But since something similar to that actually took down Crawler, I'd say this'd be a safer bet. Might kill them, might not, hope you get the in one shot or you're boned when they start fighting smart and avoiding/rubbing out any further circles you try to draw on them
>>
>>44836441
glory to... in percy jackson lets you share a power with those of your choosing. this might let you share you're perks. if it doesn't work you recall your power with a moments effort.
>>
>>44836675
Well, it'd probably take down Zion, at least. Maybe even in one shot, considering just how many quadrillion a of lifeforms he's casually murdered.
>>
Is there a way to generate your own magical energy?
>>
>>44836719
Didn't the jumpmaker say that it only let you share in-universe powers? Makes the perk pretty useless, considering you don't actually get any major powers if you take it and they're all split in power the more you share it.
>>
>>44836765
No, you see-Worm's explicitly deterministic. Souls don't exist for any of the characters there. So stuff that targets souls won't work.

>>44836865
Yes.

It's called being a wizard.

Or being a dragon, whatever works for you.
>>
>>44836968
Once again, Wildbow said that it didn't matter if they had souls or not since they have no relevance in the story. People /always/ interpreted as a no because he is Atheist or something.
>>
>>44836865
If you go to Nasu as a Magus there is...
>>
>>44837059
Why focus on Nasu in particular? Loads of wizards from other places can.

>>44837054
Huh. Fair enough, it was something I heard over and over again in the threads as a justification for why the Entities/Endbringers couldn't do shit against magic.
>>
>>44836968
>It's called being a wizard.
But in most places, magic comes from sources other than the wizard themselves.
>>
>>44837082
He probably means the Magic Core from Fate/.
>>
>>44837195
I dunno, DF, Wheel of Time, Discworld basically any shounen casting system-I can think of more places where magic comes from the wizard than from other sources.
>>
>>44837250
I thought so and I know of it, I just think there's better systems out there for magic energy sources than Fate.
>>
>>44837250
No I'm pretty sure that the anon was referring to the semen potions that come from Nasu.
>>
>>44837286
DF Magic comes from a magic field outside of the body, WoT comes from the One Power, which is also a magic field outside of the body, most Shounen systems I can think of are chi-vased pseudo magic and most of the others come from outside the Wizard.
>>
Question for you guys.
Have you ever helped an antagonist?
>>
>>44837504
Regularly.

An antagonist is generally someone who wants to change the world. A lot of the time they have a point. People who are doing something for the evuls are few and far between, but people in a bad spot are.

Mind you, my help tends to ranges from 'psychiatric' to 'here are options that don't require you to do something extreme you may regret.'
>>
Quick question-has Legendary Journeys been made into a PDF?
>>
>>44837383
Loads of settings rely on internal mana, mushoku is one, final fantasy series in general is also mana. Dresden files does not rely on outside mana sources or magic sources as wizards generate their own.
>>
>>44837383
>DF Magic comes from a magic field outside of the body
No it doesn't
>WoT comes from the One Power, which is also a magic field outside of the body
You're misrepresenting it
>most Shounen systems I can think of are chi-vased pseudo magic
Chi, or qi, or ki, is life energy, try again
>most of the others come from outside the Wizard
[citation needed]
>>
>>44837624
Yes. It's listed as Xena/Hercules The Legendary Journeys, so look in the Xs.
>>
>>44837674
>DF Magic comes from a magic field outside of the body
>>44837663
>Dresden files
I'm not sure about the others, but I've read this series. Harry gets caught in a trap that isolated an area from outside magic, and is forced to take in as much ambient energy as possible to use. Once he ran through that he couldn't use magic anymore.
>>
>>44837712
Wizards produce their own magic which is why people like butters can learn it but have to get power from outside sources. He isnt a wizard. Harry doesnt need an outside source. He is a wizard.
>>
>>44837712
Wasn't that flowing water, which basically grounds any magic a wizard can output?
>>
>>44837674
>No it doesn't
Yes it does. This has been stated many times in the series. It's why the power was limited when the circle went up around the aquarium; no more magic could flow into the area.

>You're misrepresenting it
There's a city where channelers are powerless because the One Power is doesn't flow there, or something along those lines.

>Chi, or qi, or ki, is life energy, try again
And there is generally a difference between magic and chi, ki, qi, etc.

>[citation needed]
I can't think of that many Shounen series with a focus on magic, by Fairy Tail and Negima are both that way. Slayers too, if that counts. And I'm pretty sure the magic from both Dragonball and Soul Eater are external.
>>
>>44837786
No, Butters doesn't use it, Bob does.
>>44837788
No, he was inside a giant magic circle.
>>
>>44837712
A basic wizarding skill in Dresden Files is to create magic circles to isolate an area from ambient mana. There's so much ambient mana because all living things generate mana. Wizards then generate even more mana themselves and can manipulate their own mana (which is easier) or the ambient mana available (which is harder, but allows the crazy thaumaturgy).

Can't speak for any of the other magic system, and I got out of Wheel of Time about five books in.
>>
>>44837674
>>WoT comes from the One Power, which is also a magic field outside of the body
>You're misrepresenting it
Not really. Power users are called Channelers, and what they do is described as channeling the One Power. In fact, that's one of the big plot points for the series. The Taint exists on top of the male half of the One Power, it is discrete from the OP. The OP itself isn't tainted, but in order to reach the OP male channelers must reach through the taint and, thus, be tainted.

When a channeler is made unable to use the OP anymore, they're said to be severed from the OP. All of these suggest that the OP exists outside of the channeler.

Now, grant you, the /ability/ to touch the OP is inherent. You can't teach just anyone to channel, but the power itself exists separate and apart from the channelers.
>>
>>44837786
No. Normal people can't use magic because they can't sense it. They can use simple spells if they're trained enough, but it's like a blind man trying to paint.
I can dig up proof that DF magic is external, if you'd like.
>>
>>44837810
Then why does Harry need to take magic in with him to the shed, instead of just relying on his own reserves? By your logic he should have been able to use it normally.
>>
>>44837824
The wiki explicitly states that magic is created by life and comes from within the wizard, you can use magic from outside sources too but you always have some inside.
>>
>>44837810
Everyone in the DF generate and give off magic in the same way people generate and give off body heat. This, alone, isn't much, but a Wizard can manipulate the ambient heat, so to speak.
>>
>>44837848
Because he didn't want to cast a death curse. The magic you 'store' is generally used for stuff like 'living' or 'part of your soul.'
>>
>>44837790
>Fairy Tail and Negima are both that way
Not that anon, but no it isn't.

In Negima, to DO magic, the mage certainly needs to manipulate the spirits of the world. But the actual ENERGY to use magic comes from the mage.

In Fairy Tail, magic is powered by magic particles, called Ethernanos. While these particles are in the air, they are also in a "container" in the mage's body. Only when they run out do they start to refill using the Ethernanos in the air.
>>
>>44837848
Bad writing or the circle sucking out the magic he has?
>>
>>44837865
>wiki
I can go right now and edit the wiki to state that magic is actually invisible ghost semen.
>>
>>44837881
Exactly. Normal magic relies on outside energy, which was my entire point.
>>
>>44837848
Alright, you've forced me to give a shit.

Book and chapter? I have .txt so they're easy to search if you can remember any keywords or passages.
>>
>>44837894
Good for you. Now go find a better source than it.
>>
>>44837890
Or maybe you haven't read the series in a while. The author has stated that magic is formed around will and emotion, but get's most of it's juice from outside energy.
>>44837915
Give me a sec. It's when they caught the Archive.
>>
>>44837886
>Negima
http://i.imgur.com/OzzphLp.png

>Fairy Tail
Then why couldn't they use magic in Edolas?
>>
>>44835628
I suppose it was my own fault, but the morphing perk from Animorphs essentially destroyed my original body. As it turns out, trying to morph into ORT was an absolutely terrible idea, but I had made worse before. Trying to morph into SCP-2317 was the worst idea I ever had up to that point. Trying to make a Chimera out of the two was so spectacularly, undeniably awful, I doubt I will ever exceed it in terms of "Goddamnit, that didn't even seem like a good idea at the time, why would you even do that, you lunatic?"
>>
>>44837941
>>44837894
>Im totally right no matter what the info sources say!
>>
>>44837915
Small Favor, chapter thirty.
>>
>>44837947
>Then why couldn't they use magic in Edolas?
Because there are almost no Ethernanos in the air. That's a huge plot point. At the end of the arc, what little they have gets shunted into Earthland by Anima.
>>
>>44837987
But if they can use magic even without an external source, that wouldn't matter, now would it?
>>
>>44837987
>>44837947

Ah, wait, I missread that. I thought you meant why there was no magic in Edolas. I don't remember why they needed that medicine Jellal gave them to use magic. Give me a minute.
>>
>>44837965
Go read
>>44837977
and then realize you've been talking out of your ass.
>>
There are numerous instances of harry talking about how he has an abnormally large font of wizard energy to draw upon compared to other wizards, and explicitly cites this as to why his powers act up with tech so bad. Molly is better about her control and has a smaller pool, so it affects her less and it was harder for the carpenters to notice.

How hard is it to believe that it is a combination of the two?

Harry tries to draw on outside energy as much as possible, because any time he runs out of his normal juice it is that much more dangerous when he gets into a confrontation.

Hell, there are two entire named schools of magic, evocation and thaumaturgy, that describe the difference. Evocation is off the cuff magic that uses mostly the wizards own energy and is thus commonly seen as the fighting magic. While Thaumaturgy is the ritual based magic and generally draws on outside sources in order to generate more power or do things the wizards own energy would have a hard time doing.(napkin in the cloth, little chicago, finding spells)
>>
Alright, I found it.

>But more important, once that pentagram came up-and it was coming now; I could feel it, a faint stirring of power that slid along the edges of my wizard's senses like some huge and hungry snake passing by in the darkness-it was going to shut the building off from the rest of the world, magically speaking. That meant that I wasn't going to be able to draw in any power to use to defend myself, any more than I'd be able to breathe if someone plunged my head underwater.

Usually, when you work a spell, you reach out into the environment around you and pull in energy. It flows in from everywhere, from the fabric of life in the whole planet. You don't create a "hole" in the field of energy we call "magic." It all pours in together, levels out instantly, all across the world. But the circle about to go up was going to change that. The relatively tiny area inside the Shedd would contain only so much energy. Granted, it would be a fairly rich spot-there was a lot of life in the building, and it had hosted a lot of visitors generating a lot of emotions, especially the energy given off by all those children. But even so, it was a sealed box, and given the number of people present who knew how to use magic, the local supply wasn't going to last long.
>>
>>44837977
Thank you for the source. I've found the passage you were referring to. All the punctuation except for periods got a little borked.

>But more important, once that pentagram came up�and it was coming now; I could feel it, a faint stirring of power that slid along the edges of my wizard�s senses like some huge and hungry snake passing by in the darkness�it was going to shut the building off from the rest of the world, magically speaking. That meant that I wasn�t going to be able to draw in any power to use to defend myself, any more than I�d be able to breathe if someone plunged my head underwater.
>Usually, when you work a spell, you reach out into the environment around you and pull in energy. It flows in from everywhere, from the fabric of life in the whole planet. You don�t create a �hole� in the field of energy we call �magic.� It all pours in together, levels out instantly, all across the world. But the circle about to go up was going to change that. The relatively tiny area inside the Shedd would contain only so much energy. Granted, it would be a fairly rich spot�there was a lot of life in the building, and it had hosted a lot of visitors generating a lot of emotions, especially the energy given off by all those children. But even so, it was a sealed box, and given the number of people present who knew how to use magic, the local supply wasn�t going to last long.
>>
>>44838102
My bad. Both paragraphs are part of the quote. I just fucked up.
>>
>>44838037
Because its based on fanservice not good writing.
>>
>>44838102
>life makes magic energy
>but it totally doesnt make magic energy

Looks like a plot hole to me.
>>
>>44838035
>>44837947
Alright, think I've got it. Chapter 172, the first few pages.

In Edolas, the containers inside mages that carry ethernanos don't exist, so there are no natural magic users. Instead, they exclusively rely on magic items to do magic. This is apparently a property of Edolas itself, which seems to be keeping the Earthland mages from using magic too, until Jellal gave them the plot medicine.
>>
>>44838215
>usually
>draw in any power
>WHOLE BUNCH MORE STUFF IMPLYING THAT THIS IS NOT NATURAL
Satan literally made the pentagram, its not natural.
>>
>>44838215
Not really. It's a gradual thing like people exhaling. I have yet to see somebody exhale a hole in a brick wall.
>>
>>44838215
It generates small amounts of magic energy that add to the ambient magical field. What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>44838233
Wat.
>>
>>44838233
That still doesn't explain why they couldn't generate their own magic without the medicine unless you need the external Ethernano.
>>
>>44838314
Something about the planet kept them from magink their magic and the medicine fixed that letting them go as normal.
>>
>>44838314
Don't know what to tell you, I don't think it's mentioned again until the medicine comes into play. Although Lucy can use her Celestial Spirit magic just fine, somehow.

Is it really that strange for them to be affected by the rules of Edolas while on Edolas?
>>
>>44837054
>Once again, Wildbow said that it didn't matter if they had souls or not since they have no relevance in the story. People /always/ interpreted as a no because he is Atheist or something.

And, once again, that is basically the same as saying there are no such things as souls in the setting.

Any setting that does not explicitly include the supernatural should be assumed to not have souls be a thing.

Not because they aren't a thing, but because useless setting elements shouldn't be assumed to exist.
>>
>>44838391
I'd say the reverse. Unless a setting explicitly states something doesn't exist, it does. Otherwise, basically all of Jumpchain is useless - if souls don't exist in any setting they're not explicitly confirmed to exist in, any magic dealing with the soul is basically useless.
>>
>>44836570
>Worm is a monist universe.
iirc that's fanon. Or at the very least I would love to see the quote.
>>
>>44838391
>And, once again, that is basically the same as saying there are no such things as souls in the setting.

Um no it isn't. That is two distinct things. One says it doesn't matter either way, the other is that they don't have souls.

And keep in mind soul perks are specifically said to work in any universe, and it was stated specifically by the author that SOUL attacks still work outside the jump.
>>
>>44838584
I'm looking for it, but Wildbow definitely said that there's no such thing as a mind separate from a brain in Worm, and that's what the "no telepaths" thing is really referring to. It's not that people can't mess with or read your mind, it's that they're doing it by manipulating and observing your nervous system rather than some nebulously-defined "psychic energy". It's one of those pedantic definitions he likes, like "there are no healers, just people who can manipulate biology, because 'health' is not an objective condition". Although, I suppose there could still be souls as some sort of extradimensional backup copy of the brain, like a read-only version of the shards that was for some reason already present in humanity.
>>
Any word on how Worm_Anon is progressing with the S&S scenarios?
>>
>>44838665
So, Megalovania would basically melt Endbringers after all?
>>
>>44838952
Talked with him in the IRC where he said he was working on the options purchasable with Glory points(the scenario currency). He also already knows most of what he wants to do with it, its a matter of writing it properly.

I believe he is currently at work or otherwise engaged though.
>>
>>44838975
Honestly I wouldn't say so, the Endbringers are constructs and wouldn't have souls. Nor I think would they be morally monstrous because they're just following the cycle.
However I'd say that Megalovania would work on the Entities, Scion actively makes his choices and he wasn't artificially created like the Endbringers were.
>>
>>44839117
Cool, thanks for the update.
>>
For Fairy Tail, what's the range and limitations of Thought Projection? Do you just need to know who you want to send to, and your projection shows up in front of them or do you need to know your target and your targets location? Also, is there a range of some sort?
>>
Anyone have the Night Angel jump? It's not on the drive.
>>
>>44839552
>>
>>44839552
Why spoiler this, was there some sort of beef with the jump?
>>
>>44839786
>Wielder of Curoch
What's the deal with this perk? Does it put some sort of target on your back for having a plot-associated item/ability? Does you having it mean that someone from canon doesn't have it and, by extension, you need to handle their plot role?
>>
>>44839916
Nope. It just means that you're really powerfully magically, and could pick up the sword without the strain killing you.
>>
>>44839916
I honestly don't know. I get the impression the creator got overexcited trying to type YOU DA BESS in as many ways as possible while describing the perk.
>>
>>44840263
It does read like that, yeah...
>>
>>44840263
Yeah, it kind of felt like all three Capstones were "you're a super-mage," with Wielder of Curoch being blatantly the best.
>>
File: Bards-are-Lame.png (400KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
Bards-are-Lame.png
400KB, 540x380px
Jumpers!

Tell me tales of unintended serendipity! When did your perks and drawbacks interact to create something both unplanned for and altogether awesome?

I ask, because of my Forgotten Realms jump.

I built a bard. Nothing special, no unique race or anything like that, just a bard with Tymora’s Luck. I was short on points for a few of the stat boosting perks, so I took the Duel drawback. For reference, here is the text of the drawback:

>Honor of the Duel +300CP: You cannot say no to a duel. You will be challenged to a duel at least once a week, and there is a 50% chance that your challenger will be of your class and higher level than you.

That means that over the course of ten years in Faerun, I engaged in at least hundreds of Epic Rap Battles and Guitar Hero sessions. Truly, ‘twas the best of times.
>>
>>44839916
What I don't get is why there's a Wielder of Curoch perk and a Ka'Karifer perk, but then you have to spend extra to buy Curoch and a Ka'Kari. It's basically "spend CP for the right to spend CP."
>>
as a servant would it be better to purchase you reality marble as a noble phantasm or would that weaken it ?
>>
>>44840653
Depends on what Rank you buy it as.
>>
>>44840653
The RM you can buy in the jump proper is equivalent to A++ Rank, if I remember what Valeria said correctly. Match that, and you're golden.
>>
>>44840520
I think it's because the former two denote the capacity and capability of using those magics, and the latter two are the artifacts people like you are seeking. As in, you have the magical capability to do the ka-ka and to wield the sword of bullshit companion slaying, you still have to find the items to achieve your destiny or whatever.

I've never read Dark Angel though so I have no idea what I'm talking about

>>44840345
There was, I recall, one capstone that was "you can see your future in future jumps" which seemed confusing and wrong to me for a whole different set of reasons.
>>
>>44835748
YOU FOOL

YOU'VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER
>>
So instead of buying it for 800 like I was going to, I would be better off 550 for the A+++ rank instead? Thank you
>>
>>44840861
was meant for these two.>>44840705
>>44840754
>>
>>44835748
>takes a mind-rape perk.
>genuinely surprised when he ends up raping someone's mind
What were you expecting?
>>
>>44840905
Is it a mind rape perk ?
>>
>>44840905
I don't know about that. From my recollection, it only makes the other party think of you as attractive. You can think of someone as attractive and still hate their guts, so if they like you personally, it's really not a big deal.
>>
>>44840934
It rewrites their preferences, and by extension their actions, based off of your own preferences. Kinda hard to see that as something other than mind rape.
>>
>>44840905
Yes, anon, and charisma perks are essentially mind control because you're (trigger warning) LITERALLY mind-r*ping them with your allure and way with words into liking you.
>>
>>44840934
>It’s a simple fact: if you’re interested, they’re interested. If someone is aware of your romantic or sexual interest in them, *their own tastes and interests will expand* to include a strong possibility of such a relationship.
Emphasis added.
>>
>>44840970
Huh that is a bit iffy but haven't people in real life done that through sheer charisma? I'm not defending anything I'm just asking
>>
>>44840979
Having fun beating on that strawman?
>>
>>44841020
Huh that's something.
>>
>>44841020
Oh, no, it allows you to cause link related. how terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlREUROGwpI
>>
>>44841098
I mean plenty of people have done worse with you know actual mind control.
>>
Would it be possible to reverse engineer or somehow duplicate the Endbringers? And how do they stack up to similar creatures like the Grimm, Zerg or Gohma?
>>
>>44841029
Yeah probably. Not that different from stacking beauty/charisma perks really given that people's interests and tastes can expand on their own anyway.
>>
>>44841473
Well end ringers have that ridiculous spatial core protection and powers that are entity based. While every other option you said is about the numbers game.
>>
>>44841029
Nope. People don't turn a 180 and become gay/straight just because a charismatic person mentions they're attracted to someone. That's right up there with "can't you just, like, stop being gay?" or "Bobby, have you tried... not being a mutant?"

>>44841098
>>44841351
They can do worse with this perk too. It doesn't care about form. If a giant mutant widow spider knocked on your door and told how it finds you sexually attractive, and it had this perk, suddenly you'd be actually considering doing the fatal tango with it despite the fact that five seconds ago you were a complete null on the kinsey scale. Oh, and if you are a severe arachnophobe? Too bad, despite screaming in terror you're still actually considering doing the fatal tango with it.

tl,dr; it's mind control.
>>
>>44841473
They basically require a galaxy's worth of energy to kill conventionally, so you'll have to use unconventional methods. Some people claim they're also able to put out similar amounts of destructive power, but given that we never see them do this even when they're being obliterated by Zion, I think what you see is what you get. Not that what you see isn't impressive, considering Leviathan sunk an entire Japanese island and Newfoundland, but they're definitely much tougher than they are strong.
>>
>>44841536
As an alternative, what would you think of Something Special from Cardcaptor Sakura?
>Whether you're a writhing mass of tentacles or something simple like not being a person's preferred gender, your physical form simply won't be an obstacle for love. Only an incompatible personality will bar you from forming lasting relationships with someone.
>>
>>44841473
In canon I believe there was a tinker that successfully fused human and endbringer 'tissue' into a hybrid... that died almost immediately after leaving it's tank but I mean you could probably snag his research.
>>
Is there a limit to how much magic you can store in a crystal in eragon?
>>
>>44841473
>reverse engineer

Ask ASA next time he's on, I think he gave it a shot ages ago

>stack up

Well, they're either compressed galactic cores or clusters of hyperdense portal projections depending on who you ask. So-significantly more powerful individually than possibly all Grimm and Zerg in existence, but no psychic powers (though the Simurgh can do a decent impression).

The reason I didn't include the Gohma under things the Endbringers are probably stronger than combined is because of how absurdly strong you'd have to be to act as a final boss to Asura.
>>
>>44841679

As I recall better quality stuff stores more magic; dragon hearts were the best things for storing magic in canon.

>>44841667
I wouldn't call the Morrigan a "success" considering the man lacked a great deal of knowledge of the Endbringers' true natures. In light of what they are, it seems more like he just created a weird mutant human with some Endbringer traits that killed it because they're incompatible with organic life.
>>
>>44841679
There doesn't really seem to be.
In Brisingr, Oromis said that the energy stored in the pommel jewel of Naegling was, 'enough to shift a mountain'.
Given that mountains are fuckhueg, that's got to be a ton of energy in there.
And like >>44841735 said, the higher the quality, the better the battery.
>>
>>44841735
Well I'm sure you could do it 'eventually', considering how good the EBs were at their jobs I'm sure a jumper would be willing to put the time in to figure it out.
>>
Quick question. After a jump is over, you can choose to not have memories from origins affect you, right?
>>
>>44841818
yep
>>
>>44841473
You could absolutely reverse-engineer the Endbringers. You can reverse-engineer anything in Worm - everything the Entities did is based on the laws of physics of the Worm-Verse. You just probably won't be able to do it in ten years before the laws change again.
>>
>>44841536
Now that someone explains that does sound terrible but I'd reason that horrifying fear would overwhelm attraction any day I mean sure slaneesh looks banging. But am I legimately gonna do it nah dawg
>>
>>44841688
>>44841667
>>44841578
>>44841531
Thanks for the info. It sounds like you could duplicate the Endbringers eventually but it'd take a long time and a lot of science/genius/tech perks. Fortunately we have the Civilization jump.

I think for right now I'll just stick with improving the monsters I have.
>>
>>44841793
I think 'eventually' is the operative word here. If you just want to find a way to make weird crystal lifeforms based on Endbringer structures viable I'm sure there's magic or stuff out there to make it work. Creating a no-bullshit Endbringer of your own is likely an entirely different, and infinitely more challenging, feat.
>>
>>44841473
They'd utterly squash Grimm or any Zerg except Kerrigan. Gohma might do better with how much raw power they can put out, but Endbringers are so durable that they might still win such a fight.

As for how to reproduce them? Take Thanatos. You and it share a mind, so any Tinker powers it acquires you should have access to as well. You might even be able to argue that you could use Real Eater to have the "what I kill I keep" effect apply directly to you instead of your projection, since gaining direct power at the cost of a proxy is roughly equal in terms of utility, but it's not too important. What matters is that you can copy parahuman powers by killing them, and while you're not guaranteed to get the exact thing, you do get something similar.

So now you go and kidnap Bonesaw and Blasto, brainwashing them in the process so that Bonesaw is less crazy and Blasto is actually willing to work with her. This may require you to kill the Slaughterhouse 9 while you're at it, since Jack will object quite strenuously to someone taking his toys. But once you have them, make them collaborate on cloning tech like was used to produce the Slaughterhouse 9000. Then steal samples of Hero's DNA. Hero, as far as anyone could tell, didn't have a Tinker specialization. That's because he did, but said specialization was in reproducing the technology that the Entities themselves used. So make yourself a bunch of Hero clones, then kill them with Thanatos. Killing lots of them should give Thanatos enough data to completely reproduce the Waveform Manipulation shard. You then have, at least in theory, the ability to produce anything the Entities could. This includes Endbringers, though given how complicated and resource-intensive they are I expect you'll be at it for some time. To speed things along you might want to also clone and consume other powerful Tinkers like Armsmaster or Masamune, as well as Thinkers like Number Man or Tattletale to help you process the information.
>>
>>44841858
Doesn't stop you from being magpie central.
>>
>>44841599
Hmm. That perk reads as kind of self-contradictory, depending on how it's supposed to work. The second sentence suggests there's no mind control, while the first sentence suggests a person's normal reactions (e.g. to meeting a writhing mass of tentacles) won't happen. What's the in-setting basis for the perk?
>>
>>44836185

We need a starship troopers jump.
>>
>>44841892
>>44841902
>>44841915
Now yall made my think of a horrifying combination between all these monopolies to become the ultimate life form.
>>
>>44841902
But does the smell of such a challenge not excite you so?
Imagine a full power endbringer and then give it access to a Jumper's magic.
SCIENCE!
>>
File: Courage legs.gif (493KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Courage legs.gif
493KB, 500x375px
Anyone have any unconventional choices for early jumps?

Asking because I always go to Courage the Cowardly Dog within the first 10 jumps unless I'm doing a rolling run.

Think it's the perks more than the setting. Invisibility, being able to set up businesses at the drop of a hat and a scary grin are all pretty nice all end up being pretty central.

Most of the locations give you a weird job (working in a spooky cinema, etc.) as well which I like and can imagine doing at a relatively low power level.

and this is in no way a feeble excuse to post this .gif
>>
>>44841892
Eventually is the problem here, yes.
It's unlikely that you'll accomplish it in the 10 years you have without serious help, and after that you won't have an Endbringer to study anymore.

Personally, I stashed Leviathan in the Warehouse for later study. Using direct mind-to-mind telepathy to effectively turn it braindead first, ofcourse.

Also... It's fun to deploy as a giant puppet to slaughter/tank pretty much anything I encounter.
>>
>>44841989
I find the Chronicles of Narnia is a good early jump, given the immediate access to immortality and decently powerful magic, along with something to negate time paradoxes.
>>
>>44841989
Dodgeball is an excellent non-combat Jump that gets you some fantastic combat survivability, and lets you humanize your Companions. A good second Jump after Pokemon.
>>
>>44841989
I didn't know what I was getting into because I fell straight first into the jumpchain hole with out researching things and ended up with unholy heights as my first jump being a demon king ain't so bad.
>>
>>44841858
>>44841915
I can't help but think it's a big assumption to go from "Hero's shard" to "can reverse engineer anything the Entities can do" even accounting for the wavelengths thing. I also really think people are overestimating how useful Blasto's work is; it's very clear from Wildbow's comments that the Endbringers have no truck with organic biology whatsoever.

And that everyone's underestimating the sheer amount of resources and time you'd likely need to make on on par with the canon was, unless you specifically plan to set Civilisation or EVO directly after Worm. Which is a hindrance to those of us who roll randomly

And well-there's the whole issue of creating a monster that's physically stronger than anyone who isn't Val or ASA and expecting everything to go smoothly.

And of course, the whole question of how you'd transport such a beast. Unless I'm misremembering and the whole life-you-create-counts-as-companions rule I dimly remember does, in fact, apply to stuff like this.
>>
>>44842049
>>44842083
Both of these tend to be in my first 10 as well.

Pretty powerful stuff in Narnia and it's not as dangerous as most famtasy settings.

Dodgeball has some really great utility stuff.
>>
Do you go for the settings or the perks when choosing a jump? personally I like to RP so i never take crippling drawbacks or settings i don't like, i try to enjoy every jump more than it being a powergrab
>>
>>44842016
You do realize that the Endbringers you see are just a mirror of their body, which is spread across a shitton of alternate realities, folded over and over on itself to grant it its form and durability.

The moment the jump ended the Leviathan in your warehouse would just pop out of existence.
>>
>>44842115
True, I might be reaching when I assume that Hero's shard is that versatile. Wildbow has implied it is, but we never actually see Hero reach his full potential on account of the whole "torn in half" thing, so maybe I'm wrong. But it's confirmed as capable of generating similar effects to what Scion could throw around, so it's at least a good place to start figuring out how to manipulate those sort of effects. And I'm not using Blasto to help make the Endbringers, I'm using him to get access to the shards of others without having to murder them. Just clones of them, which is still probably morally wrong but less so.
>>
>>44841989
Outlaw Star. Even though it's dangerous I really like the setting, it also has a free companion import plus a cheap and powerful custom starship available for purchase.

Generic Medical Drama, while not exactly unconventional, is invaluable early on because of the perks and experience you get for medical training.

>>44841960
Already done.
>>
>>44842115
You know I still haven't figured out the random roll thing mind helping a brother ?
>>
>>44842016
>stashed leviathan

Damn, how'd you find a door big enough to fit it through? I assume you used the key and not the portal.

>>44841978
Man, I clone demon armies and I think there's a point at which you have to acknowledge you're basically trying to throw nuclear bombs at a hurricane and expecting it to play fetch as long as you put it on a leash.

As far as I know the only Jumper who's ever gone about making Endbringers of their own is ASA and well...somehow it just doesn't seem worth it if health and safety requirements for the whole thing implicitly include being absolutely confidant the damn things can't overpower or outthink you.
>>
>>44842115
Only sapient stuff counts as companions through...

And while it might a much better idea to use sapient Endbringer-knockoffs, the idea of a giant Endbringer puppy amuses me too much to not consider going for an animal mind.
>>
>>44841029
I'm a straight male, and no amount of charisma or beauty is going to make me want to suck another guy off or be in a romantic relationship with him.

This perk forcibly changes that, ergo it's mindrape.
>>
>>44841915
you guys...sometimes make some of the weirdest jumps of logic from lore...
>>
starship troopers jump and postal jump when?
>>
>>44842268
>starship troopers jump and postal jump when?
as usual when you make them
>>
>>44842166
Same here. Don't mind the sudden Endbringercon; lots of folks like having an actual plot to their journey as much as holding thought experiments.

>>44842182
Don't get me wrong-I think I remember the quote Wildbow had about Hero's shard, and I do agree if how Scion curbstomped the Endbringers is any indication it's terrifyingly powerful even by Tinker standards.

I'm just playing things a bit cautious when it comes to the Endbringers because the exact process of how they were designed hasn't been revealed, apart from the fact Eden considered them to be superweapons. The two cornerstones of Entity science appear to be wavelengths and careful manipulation of energy transfer between alternate universes, and my gut tells me the secret for Endbringers lies more in the latter than the former.

>>44842193
There was a list ages ago of all jumps in existence, and some folks just roll on that to pick out their next journey. Plenty of other ways to randomise it though; some people just pick blindly from the drive, some people ask to be tossed into a given jump.
>>
>>44842268
When you make them.

>>44842187
I don't like a lot of anime, but Outlaw Star makes me smile.
>>
>>44842179
Depends... It might disintegrate if it was cut off, or it could also pull the rest along.

>>44842199
>a door big enough
Just made one myself, FMA alchemy does that quick and easy. And Leviathan isn't *that* big, only thirty feet tall.
>>
>>44842210
Yeah, that's what I thought. And the canon Endbringers are sentient enough for the Simurgh to have her own PoV interlude chapter. It's exactly as weird as you'd expect from a blind precog.
>>
>>44841887
Well, yeah. Horrifying fear is most likely going to overwhelm the involuntary attraction.

Which is why slaanesh would show up on your doorstep in a form that you'd still find physically acceptable, and use the perk's mind control to help ensure you keep saying yes as it pushes you down the slippery slope into depraved heresy.

And in the morning you wake up next to slaanesh, wondering how the heck you went from "ordinary anon" to "tapping a demon prince" despite knowing what you do, but somehow you're totally okay with that.

you're not even screaming inside
>>
>>44841536
>They can do worse with this perk too. It doesn't care about form. If a giant mutant widow spider knocked on your door and told how it finds you sexually attractive, and it had this perk, suddenly you'd be actually considering doing the fatal tango with it despite the fact that five seconds ago you were a complete null on the kinsey scale. Oh, and if you are a severe arachnophobe? Too bad, despite screaming in terror you're still actually considering doing the fatal tango with it.
>tl,dr; it's mind control.

On one hand, your right it is a violation of free will, on the other don't try to inflate its affects to make it seem worse because its hardly that bad on the scale of shit jumpers can do. The perk can't make you forget its a ravenous spider alien trying to eat you, you will simply find it disturbingly attractive.

>mfw this literally happened with Wraith from Evolve.
>>
>>44842311
So find the list and roll away ? Thank you
>>
>>44842357
If I didn't go full heretic I guess it's not that bad right right?
>>
>>44842342
Somehow, I don't see a spiral galaxy's worth of mass in weird crystals getting dumped into your Warehouse turning out great.
>>
>>44842049
If you don't mind the CP, is there any reason not to go Starborn in Narnia?
>>
>>44842450
Eh, I don't know. Could be an interesting research opportunity.

Just need to aim the door somewhere expendable the first time I open it.
>>
>>44842357
>Implying slaanesh just won't take a form you find attractive.
>Implying Slaanesh needs mind control to seduce your ass.
>>
>>44842450
To be fair, the actual mass of the things is compressed into a 30-50 foot sized kaiju monster thing. What you really have to worry about is it wandering around and stepping on anything important. I'm pretty sure even adamantium would dent if stepped on by a spiral galaxy's worth of mass.
>>
>>44842480
Not really, through you do get an attached job to shine up in the night sky.

It's pretty awesome though.
>>
>>44842533
Will taking Starborn ans Witchcraft result in a lot of extra power?
>>
>>44842495
Not quite, the Endbringers use their cores to pump through more mass from alternate realities, though I have no doubts that they could fully compress themselves if need be.
Wildbow stated that Leviathan weighed around only 9 tonne.
>>
File: Nemesis.jpg (124KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis.jpg
124KB, 1024x512px
So tell me if this looks appropriate for the Copied Design option for my Kaiju in Godzilla: Nemesis, signature monster of Jeremy Robinson's "kaiju thriller" books. 110 meters tall, slightly shorter than Godzilla, body shape is a mixture of human and reptillian. Standard kaiju heavy armor on most of the body, except for a set of glowing weak spots on the neck and chest. Said weak spots are a trick, though, they're actually reactive armor over her vitals that, if all of them are triggered, can cause explosions equivalent to the most powerful non-nuclear bombs in any modern military. Melee combat is claws, jaws and spiked tail, ranged is either intentionally detonating her reactive armor for AoE blasts or spitting out globs of the compounds they're made of as a missile attack. "Ultimate attack" involves shedding her armor to reveal a set of energy-focusing wings that collect and amplify any nearby radiant energy to produce lasers, wings don't work in low-light environments.

Does that seem am appropriate power level compared to your standard Toho Studios kaiju? I ask because I read the Nemesis books recently, and the gal grew on me. I'd like to have her on my side.
>>
Are there any other weapons I can buy that do what Hero of a Thousand Faces from Negima does? Because I'm stretched to my limit on CP there, but I really want something like that.
>>
>>44842604
>not having her just be a spikey fuckhueg woman with massive laser shooting breasts.

Its like you dont even like yuri.
>>
>>44842590
I don't think they directly enhance each other, but they do give you a fair amount of power, yeah.

You might be able to use Starborn's energy output to fuel your magic somehow through, maybe?
>>
>>44842495
>adamantium denting
>the holiest of holy metals, forged by armok himself withstanding eldritch evils unbeknownst to mortal and immortal alike being dented by some big ugly living statue thing
i r8 8/8
>>
>>44842751
>somehow

In this world, a star is not a great big mass of luminescent gas, but a person. You are either a star yourself or are closely descended from one. -You will have considerable magical power-, but will also have regular duties to perform in Narnia's pre-Copernican night sky.
>>
>>44842268
think starship troopers was already claimed by the same anon that claimed Pathfinder
>>
>>44842604
Propably appropriate...? I mean, there's nothing really super-powerful there.

After all, Toho Godzilla literally spits nuclear blasts equivalent to *multiple* nuclear weapons sometimes.

Ofcourse, since this is the animated series instead, she'd be pretty strong.
>>
>>44842780
>someone introduces Armok to Endbringers
>Armok attempts to introduce Endbringers to DF, somehow
>Leviathan-carp
>Behemoth-demons
>Elephants with killer time fields
>Colossus can now turn the battlefield into death traps
>>
>>44842380
I think the list is a bit out of date unfortunately. Anyone know who updates it and if they're still around to do so?
>>
>>44842785
Huh, missed that. Thought the energy bit was just about the whole light/heat thing.

Then yes, that'll boost you by quite a bit, since Narnia Stars are noted as having a pretty damn big energy output. Orders of magnitude lower than a RL star, but still.
>>
>>44842884
Is it bad that I want to do this now?
>>
>>44842951
Very, unless you can somehow find a way to turn every dorf into a Tinker. Then it's just Dwarf Fortress meets Age of Empires. Age of Fortresses?
>>
>>44843005
>Age of the Dwarf Empire of Fortresses
>>
>>44843005
isnt every dwarf technically a tinker? if a primitive ones...(totally not imagining a single dwarf in a near constant fey mood advancing dwarf sciences further and further deeper and deeper into the madness)
>>
>>44842884
>>44843005
>>44843038
>>44843153

Armok approves of this line of thinking.
>>
>>44841536
The truth is that more people are slightly more bicurious than they'd let on, so for most people it wouldn't suddenly change their orientation.
>>
File: 1452981921245.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452981921245.gif
603KB, 320x240px
http://pastebin.com/weuWKCDa

Chugging along! Capstones, Gear and Drawbacks in the works.
Hellfire awaits.
Please give some feedback, I wanna make sure everything is nice and pretty before I start making the last capstones.
>>
>>44840861
>>44840894
So would it be better as a noble phantasm or just buying the reality marble it's self or would you have to purchase it to turn it into a noble phantasm in the first place
>>
>>44843539
Not too mention in the scenario mentioned I do think not wanting to beat Ranma into a pulp for some reason or another was probably a huge fucking plus.

A normal person in ranma 1/2 may very well be a memetic sex god just by being semi-well adjusted.

Either that or no one knows how to approach someone who doesn't start martial arts battles when they like someone.
>>
>>44843620
Where's the Dale Gribble origin?
>>
>>44844033
When ever you get your pocket sand ready anon.
>>
>>44843620
>http://pastebin.com/weuWKCDa
The 400's are pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the rest of it.
>>
>>44843968
> Be an accomplished martial artist.
> Don't go around beating everyone up.
> Just be a generally nice guy.
> Suddenly literally everyone is tsundere for you.
>>
>>44843620
Goddammit, it's the type of background I never spring for, but the Despair and Doubt versions of Playing with the Big Boys alone are selling me on it.
>>
>>44841735

He was able to replicate the structure of their combat projection, but not the support system that spans a million+ sealed off realities and contains the vast majority of their mass and their spatial transference technology.

Basically, he successfully duplicated an endbringer fingernail.
>>
>>44844108
In that universe if your attractive and nice without being fake you'd be surprised.
>>
So, what would be a good perk for converting things like Master Swordsman from MGR to being applicable to other forms of weaponry, like spears? Is there something along those lines?
>>
>>44844607
Like Riding A Bike, from Sword Art Online. Makes it so that your skills never degrade, and lets you transfer proficiency between related fields. Using skill at swords to help you with other weapons is one of the examples it uses.
>>
>>44844607
Maybe Adaptability from Wuxia? I don't think "adapt jujitsu to work while you're a dragon" would be much harder than "get these sword techniques to work with a spear."
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.