[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin players on suicide watch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 16

File: Image.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
127KB, 223x311px
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/416hjw/in_the_current_mtgo_beta_splinter_twin_and_summer/

Summer bloom and Twin are not legal on the mtgo beta.
Early patch notes released.

Eat shit combo fags.
>>
>>44804225
Good riddance, Hopefully some new more interesting combo decks can come onto the scene
>>
kek

Can't wait to see mtgstocks in the next few days
>>
Nah most people will just turn to collected company and amulet
>>
>>44804261
Yeah, like Ad Naseum and Scoopshit. Maybe Eggs will make a come back. Can't wait to see all those interesting combo decks.
>>
>>44804278
kek, kek can't wait to see mtg stocks in 1 year
>>
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>44804225
>Heavy-handed punitive measures for violating NDA incoming
But seriously, if this is true then Modern won't allow draw-go control or combo, and Legacy is slowly being strangled by Wizards. Non-rotating formats are just getting shittier by the cycle.
>>
>>44805878
Summer bloom is banned too.
>>
File: 7drHiqrh.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
7drHiqrh.gif
973KB, 312x213px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-18-2016-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2016-01-18
>>
not having to sideboard for twin and amulet is the best thing ever.

I can play more 8th edition good old fashioned color hate.
>>
Combo btfo.

Does this mean control can be a thing? Will blue finally get good things?
>>
>>44807485
Are you fucking retarded? Tron and combo are going to reign supreme. Have fun playing Grixis when your mouth breathing opponent is going to be dropping turn 3 karns.
>>
>>44804225
>Eat shit combo fags
I for one look forward to turning midrange creatures sideways.

And only turning midrange creatures sideways
>>
>>44807485
>Does this mean control can be a thing
Are you retarded? Control had a good twin matchup, control is buttfucked by the millions of midrange decks and the diversity of the format in general.

Combo decks getting banned only increases aggro decks and memerange rhino decks.
>>
>>44807529
>Implying Meme Rhino stands a chance against our new colorless overlords

Modern is now Tron: The format. Period. They don't have to devote sideboard space to dealing with Twin now, so they can literally fill their entire board with ways to beat Affinity and Burn, and laugh all the way to the top as they crush everyone else.
>>
>>44808244
Tron can be hated out pretty hard via sideboards also. Don't get me wrong, this helps trons god awful burn and infect matchup slightly and Twin itself you might as well have conceded game 1 and gone to sideboard because preboard was borderline unwinnable.

But ultimately this will cause WAY more blood moons and sowing salt variants to be in peoples sideboards. Not to mention cards which people just couldn't fit before due to space purely for the Tron matchup like Leonin and Mindcensor.
>>
>>44807485
>Control
>In Aggro: The Format
>>
Pretty happy I decided on Infect as my combo deck of choice. You want to spend 3 turns ramping, fine. I'll just kill you.
>>
>>44806753
Have you considered that it's just Magic which is shit, if non-cycling formats get shittier and cycling is required in the first place?
>>
>>44804225
>people still play modern
>people unironically enjoy aggro the format
topkek
>>
>>44808703
Just because aggro is over represented doesn't mean there aren't many other decks in Modern.
>>
>>44804225
Welp. Not good for fostering faith in the format. Straight up killing two decks a year after killing Pod might get more than a few people up in arms.

As far as health of the format..... I guess this is ok. I'll have to think about it some more.
>>
>>44808738
anon the entire format is now going to be Tron and meme rhinos.
tell me thats a healthy format, i dare you.
>>
>>44808804
It isn't going to be that.

You all act like the PT meta is every lgs meta
>>
KEK
get rekt twinfags
>>
>>44807485
I'm pretty sure this mean that Tron and aggro are the best kind of decks.
So basically control just got worse.
>>
Welp, back to delver I go. I guess now if scalding tarn falls I can finally build my one true love, Ninja Bearless Delver.
>>
File: 91110.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
91110.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>people ignoring the true savior of modern.
>>
Is playing kiki that much worse than twin? It's clearly worse, but surely tier 2/1.5 at least
>>
>>44806793
it's a turn 3 deck instead of 2 now

well shit it's dead
>>
>2011+5
>playing a banned deck

Shiggydiggy twinfags
>>
File: 1436323421355.jpg (4KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1436323421355.jpg
4KB, 202x184px
>i don't have to play twin any more
i'm finally free, guys. i can shove my exarchs and twins in a box under my desk and play

a n y t h i n g
n
y
t
h
i
n
g
>>
>>44810364
exactly how I feel man

I can take all these dumb fucking cards out of my sideboards at last and make room for more Tron hate

Honestly, the banning of twins opens up so many possibilities. Maybe now we can actually start having some of the good Blue draw spells unbanned that will allow Control to actually be an archetype now. The card is probably still busted, but fuck man just unban Dig or Visions just for a little bit just to see how it goes
>>
>>44810364
Might wanna shove them into Ebay ASAP.

They're selling for $4 and dropping.

In other news, Voice of Resurgence hit $50 today.
>>
>>44810364
CAN I HAVE FUN IN MY FORMAT NOW?

>Tron got zero bans

FUCK
>>
File: 1410755720825.jpg (143KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1410755720825.jpg
143KB, 863x752px
meanwhile, foil urzatron lands hitting $100 each
>>
>>44810483
Mr. Karn's Wild Ride
>>
>>44810432
>Honestly, the banning of twins opens up so many possibilities. Maybe now we can actually start having some of the good Blue draw spells unbanned that will allow Control to actually be an archetype now

Hahaha, you can't seriously believe that.

If they were going to unban any blue, they would have done it at the same time. What is the point of putting it off?
>>
>>44810532
there's no actual point in putting off the unban of Sword of the Meek or Stoneforge either. Wizards is just retarded when it comes to actually realizing when shit needs to be unbanned
>>
>>44810557
>Modern is now finally aggro the aggoring as wizards intended
>Unbanning the one card that literally kills all aggro decks.
>>
BUT MUH BALANCED META
>>
>>44810567
>typing "hahaha" in an online post
>>
>>44810432
Ponder and Preordain are storm pieces, so therefor they will never be unbanned.
>>
>>44810636
fine whatever fuck those cards anyway I'm talking about something bigger
>>
File: relax and be free.png (174KB, 962x772px) Image search: [Google]
relax and be free.png
174KB, 962x772px
>>44810364
>>
I own foil hatebears, tron is a bye for me. If Tron becomes the most played deck I'm gonna T8 a lot more opens than I used to.
>>
>>44810658
Like what? Cruise and dig are never coming back. The only potential unban would be visions.
>>
>>44810938
then unban visions
>>
Kindly go back to Reddit.
>>
Haha, oh wow.

Its like Wizards is going out of their way to make this format as shit as possible.
>>
>>44810532
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/688242056708243456

Visions might get unbanned. The reason why it isn't unbanned right now because they aren't sure what modern will look like after the bans.
>>
I guess I'm the only one happy. Twin was opressive as fuck . My only question is why did they wait this long?
>>
B-but I w-wanted to use summer bloom in casual land deck..
>>
Selling out of this shit format today. Fuck WOTC and all the mouthbreathing retards that they cater to.
>>
>>44811104
aggrobabby detected, go fuck off and jerk yourself off with your sexbots.
>>
Hope you faggots enjoy Tron: The Format
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-22-42.png (257KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-22-42.png
257KB, 1080x1920px
TWIN IS GONE!!!!!!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
FREEDOM
R
E
E
D
O
M
https://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M
>>
>>44811257
aggrobabby detected, you people are literally the cancer of this game.
>>
>>44811295
I play scapeshit. McMotherfuckin kill yourself.
>>
>>44811295
>>44811233

why are you so angry
>>
>>44811305
Fuck off back to Reddit.
>>
>>44811433
because of many reasons lets put it at this, the LGS i play at is literally the worst thing known to man, they play terrible shit while being part of the group of people that actively rails at WOTC to keep making these terribad decision and are classically some of the loudest whiners you see about things being "unfun" such as counterspells, any sort of control what so ever, and even shit like burn, its incredible and its detrimental to my health i get so pissed at that shit.
i really need to find a better group but theres less then jack shit where i live.
>>
>>44811438
Nigga I don't even know what reddit is. The only thing know is that without a doubt you are salty as fuck.
>>
>>44804225
I don't like the deck so i guess i'm happy but that's a real bitch move after re-editing twin in MM2.
>>
>>44811469
Control is unfun. Learn to aggro or combo. Git gud.
>>
>>44811503
anon plz, aggro is fucking boring as almighty fuck and control only lasts for 3 months at a time before wizards notices its existance and promptly removes it.
i'm telling you affinity and scapeshift will die next banning and control will continue being dead.
>>
Welp, they banned the two most skill intensive decks pretty much, enjoy your tron, BGx and burn meta.
>>
>>44811561
>twin
>skill

Resolving an enchantment on a creature is skill now. Let me alert the bogles players.
>>
>>44811541

Technically tron is a control deck and wiztards hasn't banned it yet.
>>
>>44811582
I don't see how tron is a control deck as such. Utron is classic control, admittedly, as it uses counters and tempo plays to let it drop and protect an absurdly fat win condition, like infinite mindslaver activations, But RG Tron has more in common with classic combo decks than it does control. It only runs pyroclasms because it has to.
>>
File: 1378758644141.gif (2MB, 280x140px) Image search: [Google]
1378758644141.gif
2MB, 280x140px
NOT GORYOS VENGEANCE WHAT THE FUCK?!?! TURN 3 WINS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
>>
Oh fucking hell yeah.

I've been playing delver in modern since before the Ruse Cruise. We're getting Sotrmchaser mage as another playable creature in Oath and with twin kill we could actually see some efficient draw spells in modern. Not to mention Shadows over innistrad means we could get some new flashback spells soon.

Today is a good day to be a delver player.
>>
>>44811732
this confuses me as well.
>>
Scapeshift will take twins place.
>>
>>44811831
more like tron
>>
>>44811690
>Pyroclasm, Karn, Ugin, O-stone, Newlamog and in some cases sundering titan are not control cards.

I mean fucking c'mon people, stop doing archetypes, because it's getting freaking redundent.

I'm so going to try DnT now. The problem is it probably can't race faster decks such as infect or survive through resolving pyroclasm.
>>
>>44811858
Hatebears > DnT
>>
>>44811872
You are entirely correct sir. But also Hatebear monetarily 5x > DnT.
>>
One down one to go.

Affinity is the only Tier 1 deck remaining that doesn't care about blood moon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

>twin fags
>>
>>44811858
Karn, Ugin, and Newlamog are win conditions.

Pyroclasm and O-Stone are sort of controlley cards, but you might as well say that Twin was a control deck because it would occasionally lightning bolt creatures.
>>
>>44811819
Twin was one of Delvers easiest MUs.
>>
>>44811900
Tron doesn't either. You can fetch a basic forest for claim when you're ready to cast fatties and O-Stone is a card.
>>
>>44811949
Get real. Karn gets rid of opposing hand, gets rid of board state not to mention it can get rid of everything opponent has. Yes, it's wincon, but you are saying this isn't controlling opponents board? Jesus.

Ugin does the same thing, clears opponent's board. Sure it is a win-con as it can start to bolt in the head after. There is a reason why it's a strong card and one is that it's so damn effective to kill enemy board when it hits.

Newlamog fucking exiles 2 things opponent has including fucking lands. It's not played on tron _only_ because it's big beater.

>Twin was a control deck because it would occasionally lightning bolt creatures.
Is this nigga real?

>Pyroclasm and O-Stone are sort of controlley cards
No shit, they shit on opponent board, no wonder they are controlley.
>>
>>44812060
I get what you're saying.
The reason I consider it a combo deck over a control deck, apart from blurriness as to what archetypes mean, is that it digs for specific cards, and a combination of those cards allow you to leverage a very powerful effect. This effect is the best seven or so mana cards that exist. Rather than what I would consider to be control deck, in which the win condition tends towards a single resilient threat after extending the game until the threat can be realized.
I think also that it is trons at times ferocious speed which makes me think it's less like a control deck, an early wurmcoil engine is always pretty aggressive.
>>
>>44812139
Yes, I agree with you compleetely on tron assembly part itself to be pretty much combo. It's a terrifying engine. So tron actually packages control cards, combo/engine cards and some cases midrange cards such as wurmcoil etc. That's why I was saying giving decks some kind of archetype they belong in is stupid. I'm mainly looking at mtgtop8, since it's archetype distribution is silly and I ahte all discussion about decks being certain archetype, hence getting all autistic about it.
>>
Would you call G/U infect combo or agro?
>>
File: 1436018849410.jpg (78KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
1436018849410.jpg
78KB, 500x613px
>>44812354
i call it hyper aggro
>>
>>44812139
Tron is a ramp deck. It's assembling on-board (rather than ritual) mana and then hardcasting big things. That's what ramp decks do.
>>
>>44812389
Sure, but ramp isn't treated as an archetype in its own right as often as control or combo are.

We would reach a useful conclusion much faster if we accepted that a lot of decks have elements typical to various archetypes instead of trying to describe them in their entirety with a single word, but this is /tg/.
>>
>>44812242
sheeit, control decks act the aggro game sometimes. Jund is aggro, no wait, control, or midrange. It's all over the show these days.
All the current top tier decks have aspects of archetype bleed. Affinity has the nearly combo ravager wins, tron has dig and eggs to look for its pieces, Scoopshift is a one card combo yet plays the control game to get to seven lands, Twin is dead but that was happy to play the tempo counterburn game, infect is combo or aggro or unfair and shit.
Junk is still junk.

How do we beat tron? Stony silence and blood moon?
>>
>>44812422
Ramp is usually just the king of the midrange decks, so I'd put it there. It just generally plays fewer removal/disruption pieces in favor of "my shit is bigger than your shit". It can vary based on the particular deck, though - U/G 12-Post in Legacy can play the controlling game pretty effectively while it gets its mana online.

But really, ramp is just its own archetype. It doesn't actually need other labels.
>>
>>44812478
>turn one blind name wasteland with pithing needle lol
I really like 12-post.
>>
>>44810156
That's what you get for making the needle on the Storm-o-Meter twitch.
>>
>>44812354
Aggro.
>>
THANK GOD ALL THESE UNFAIR DECKS ARE BANNED SO WE CAN GET BACK TO MAKING 7 MANA ON TURN 3

THAT'S SO MUCH FUCKING FAIRER
>>
>>44812573
hehe
angry twin boy
>>
>>44812596
I DON'T EVEN PLAY TWIN, I'M THE EPIC MEMESTER PLAYING THE MOLTEN VORTEX LOAM BREW

TRON WAS ALREADY A SHIT MATCHUP FOR ME

NOW IT'S WORSE BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE WILL BE PLAYING IT

WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO MAKE A CONTROL DECK WORK
>>
File: 1452834457911.jpg (37KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
1452834457911.jpg
37KB, 600x520px
>>44812573
>>44812612
>thinking mana ramp is worse than "oops, I win"

2016 feels like it's gonna be a good year for Magic.
>>
>>44812612
how the fuck can tron be a bad match for you if your running loam? put in ghost quarters or ravens crime.
>>
>Urzatron still not banned
YOU HAD ONE JOB WIZARDS
>>
>>44812640
MY WIN CONDITION IS MOLTEN VORTEX

KARN EXILES IT, UGIN EXILES IT OVER AND OVER

I HAVE TO RESPOND WITH ENOUGH DAMAGE TO FINISH THE WALKER OFF, THEN GET STOMPED BY WHATEVER THEY DROP THE TURN NEXT
>>
>>44812478
You aren't wrong and I'm not disagreeing with you, but most people would rather think of archetypes as existing somewhere within the spectrum of aggro, control and combo.

I would rather describe Utron as having strong elements of ramp and control, and weak elements of combo, but that's just me.
>>
If Wizards simply trimmed 9th edition and earlier sets from modern (8th, 9th, mirrodin block, kamigawa block), it would make the format so much better.
>>
File: 1452661922543.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452661922543.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>>44812647
>yfw they reprint them for Standard so we can have <> copies
>>
>>44812705
>Skullclamp
>Artifact lands
>Sensei's Divining Top
>Glimpse of Nature

Just look at all the cards that could come off the ban list!
>>
>>44812705
Well at this rate if they did that along with the current Twin ban they'd be taking out the top 2 or 3 decks in the format...
>>
Reminder that Wizards are going to announce a new non-rotating format a year or two from now, starting with the card border change at M15.
>>
>>44811561
>BGx being good in this meta
Guess again
>>
>>44812795
That would certainly breath new life into modern.
>>
>>44812751
> <> copies
you mean <><> and <><><> copies?
>>
>>44812815

Can we just have Extended back?
>>
>>44812815
I could see this happening

A format of all NWO cards with the foil thing at the bottom or newer

Where lightning bolt is too powerful and midrange is still king
>>
>>44812833
Sadly Abzan would still dominate.

>Deathrite Shaman
>Voice of Resurgence
>Anafenza
>Siege Rhino

Just fuck my shit up, family.
>>
>>44812827
I'm surprised they didn't just nuke out moer shit with this

They must have know there would be a million salty nerds when they took out Twin, why not just shake shit up for real and just remove the other cancer decks at the same time.

Tron and Affinity warp the meta way more than Twin does, at least you can beat twin by holding a removal spell back on turn 3 or whatever.
>>
>>44812829
For anus mana copies, yes. I didn't feel spelling them out to you like that was necessary, but then again I'm on /tg/.
>>
>>44812683
kill. their. lands.
>>
>>44812979
They're basically running 12 copies of each of them between their 4 copies, Ancient Stirrings, and Maps. And they can cycle stars into them.
>>
>tfw care more about the cloud of fairies ban in pauper than twin in modern dying
>>
>>44813007
This

LD helps against tron but sometimes its either too slow or just not enough
>>
>>44813007
Tron was the second modern deck I built. Hated how vulnerable I was to disruption. I play infect now and I very rarely see tron at tables
>>
>>44812751
>return to battle over dominaria
>>
>>44813361
>returning to dominaria
I fucking wish

>eldrazi fuck shit up on zendikar
>kill all recurring planeswalkers that appear in like every god damn set
>eldrazi break free and start going to other planes
>end up on dominaria
>first set based around emrakul fucking shit up
>second set based on _______
One can only dream, right?
>>
>>44812865
>at least you can beat twin by holding a removal spell back on turn 3 or whatever.
and every turn thereafter. You're effectively down 1-2 lands.
>>
>>44810452
Don't worry, while tron gets better from not having to dedicate twin hate to the sideboard, everyone else gets to do the same, meaning there will be A LOT more tron hate.
>>
>>44811087
>they aren't sure what modern would look like after the bans
Do they not atleast test the meta with the bans before implementing it? If they did they probably would have realized why control decks don't wory in modern.
>>
What version of eldrazi is the best? Mono black or black white? Should I make an eldrazi deck and get rid of GR tron? Tron is a great deck, but im worried that it might get banned for being too good now.
>>
>>44813661

>Do they not atleast test the meta with the bans before implementing it?

Fuck no.

WoTC doesn't give a shit about formats other than standard and are not willing to do ANY work for them, yet they still want to control them.
>>
>>44813454
>ever wanting to see anymore of the eldrazi ever again
>>
>>44813661
>wotc
>testing major changes

haha yeah right leave it to the spergs playing to test this shit they just rake in more money from people watching the "new" meta at the PT
>>
What the fuck am I supposed to do with my deck now? There are no decent decks to change it into except delver.
>>
>>44813661
They don't playtest nonrotating formats. They don't have the resources for it if and they prefer to be able to playtest Standard and Limited instead as those are actually manageable for them.

The ban list is a trial & error process for older formats.
>>
>>44813848

>They don't have the resources for it

HAW

HAW

HAW
>>
>>44813825
>What the fuck am I supposed to do with my deck now?
Beat yourself over the head with it for netdecking some tier 1 bullshit.
>>
>>44813825
Uh... Change it into delver?
>>
>>44813825
Storm or Delver friend, those are your options now. Or Grixis control if you want every game to go to time.

Or just sell your tarns and build memerange
>>
File: 864.png (24KB, 196x192px) Image search: [Google]
864.png
24KB, 196x192px
>Twin dies
>Affinity, Tron, and Infect start coming out
>Scapeshift get into Tier 1
>Storm finally becomes relevant
>Mfw Burn has a great matchup vs all of these decks
>>
>>44813848
>They don't have the resources for it
They don't have the resources to test for standard/block either. Do you know that Khans block constructed was 70% Abzan in top 8s? Do you know that in the current standard, Abzan top 8s more than twice as often as Twin top 8s in modern? Playtest my fucking ass, that's a Redditor's excuse.
>>
>>44804225
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-18-2016-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2016-01-18

It is official, also no more Cloud of Faeries... All good decisions in my book.
>>
I'm taking RUG Loam apart. I just don't care about Modern anymore.
>>
>>44814067
>Storm gets relevant
>Gets into the T8 at some big event, maybe even the PT
>Immediate emergency ban of grapeshot, "its too oppressive in the format" and "its holding down creature aggro decks"

They hate storm with a passion, no way in hell would they allow it to ever do well ever again.
>>
>>44814130
At this point, i'd be fine with them banning storm if it means they can also ban preordain, ponder, and something else to help blue control.
>>
Any ad nauseam players? Should I start sideboarding in path of exile and hurykyl's recalls now that infect and affinity will rule? Tron is basically a bye for ad nauseam outside of turn 3 karn on the draw so I am not worried about that matchup and we already have a lot of mainboard burn hate.
>>
Well at least it'd go out in a bang
>>
>>44814067
If Burn has a great matchup against all of those decks, why would they ever become tier 1? A deck can't be tier 1 if it gets stomped by every tier 1 deck, because it's invariably be pushed out of tier 1.
>>
>>44810102
4 less combo pieces makes it less consistent.
>>
>>44813361
Don't even joke about that Anon. I'd even forgive the shitty dumbed down mechanics and awful art that would no doubt plague the set just because it was a return to Dominaria.
>>
>>44814218
Same, modern storm is already nerfed to the point of "why even play it", why not just ban grapeshot and warrens and let us have the fun cards back.

Ponder/Preordain would probably barely even have an effect on the format now that the only good blue deck is gone.
>>
>>44814352
But anon, Burn already is Tier 1
>>
So, why wasn't Deceiver Exarch just banned?
Sure, Twin would switch to Pestermite, but it makes the combo weaker overall.
>>
>>44814461
Exarch would've been the PERFECT ban. The deck is forced into using creatures that die to Bolt, and must now splash green for that guy from Origins who works with Twin. The creatures are weaker, and the manabase is flimsier.
>>
>>44814461
Someone at WotC probably saw someone get a little too much value off of a snapcaster + twin and decided that had to go.

That and they probably did next to no testing for this. in the B/R annoucement they go all into detail about why they banned Bloom over Amulet, but for Twin they just say "its too good blah blah blah sucks for you guys"
>>
>>44814506
You don't HAVE to run green, K command would help a lot in getting mites back from the yard so you could probably stay Grixis and do fairly well. You'd get blown out by a surgical extraction effect I guess but that's not the most common thing to see (at least not atm.)
>>
>>44814461
Because WotC is retarded.

Making the deck weaker would have worked, it was 100% a tier 1 deck in modern and has been forever. But it hasn't nearly been a dominate force, very rarely is it close to 20% of the meta.

So in a year from now are they going to ban another top deck? For no reason other than to force people using said deck to have to buy new cards?
>>
>>44804225
PRAISE ALLAH
>>
I get the feeling that this banning is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. People have lost faith in Modern, won't play Standard, and can't afford Legacy. There's nowhere to go except dropping the game at this point.
>>
>>44814708
Yup

They fucked standard with their jewy new rotation scheme

They fucked modern by banning cards out from under people with no warning or real threat

They fucked legacy by stopping coverage and refusing to not reprint cards because "muh beta duals"

Not really sure what their grand scheme is here but they're definitely not aware of wtf is going on.
>>
>>44814708
I'd want to disagree but people at my FNM are really dropping standard fast and no one is interested in playing any of the other formats.
Someone save us.
>>
>>44814708
french duel commander
>>
>>44813034

Cloud of faeries and pauper in general are broken
>>
>>44814708
Standard is rotating to damn fast. Modern and Legacy are too expensive.

I stick mostly to Pauper and Commander, and I am quite happy with it.
>>
>>44814130
Whenever storm or combo deck does good, I just picture Mark Rosewater stamping his feet throwing a little tantrum going "You're not playing the game properly! Euuunngh!"
>>
>>44811129

>casual modern

Just play str8 up casual, no ban list so you're good to go
>>
>>44813524
>A LOT more tron hate
What fucking tron hate? Shadow of Doubt? Aven mindcensor? Spells that are too slow to do anything? Red enchantments that they don't care about?
>>
>>44815025
Blood Moon a card that saw little play because it didn't do shit against twin.
>>
>>44815191
More like
>Blood Moon, a card that saw lots of play IN TWIN and other decks.
>>
>>44815025
Ghost quarter surgical extraction 2 needles on karn and o-stone
>>
>>44815025
Blood Moon, sowing salt, needle, and yes Leonin and Mindcensor are all strong Tron hate cards.

Merfolk is an absolute nightmare for Tron to beat for example.
>>
>>44814839
My FNM plays almost entirely modern and it seems like people were dropping twin before the twin ban. In August nearly everyone I played was a twin deck but now the meta seems much more diverse.
>>
>>44814708
People have said this about literally every high profile ban in the past few years.
>>
So, Wizards really doesn't want Combo in Modern.
>>
>>44815946
tron is still there
>>
>>44815963
>anything that has some synergy is now a combo
>>
>>44816596
lands + spells = combo?
>>
>>44813825
looks like you're playing Blue Moon now buddy :^)

Blood Moon just should have been the ban, banning Twin was kind of unnecessary, although I'm glad I won't just be losing turn 4 anymore just because I was playing a deck with no hand disruption
>>
>>44816596
>branding the tron lands combo as some synergy
>>
"We do not believe the Modern metagame has the capacity to adjust to fix itself." - Wizards of the Coast
>>
>>44816831
"People have been playing the same deck for too long and we want those faggots to buy new cards." -WotC
>>
>>44816860
"JUST TURN THE DAMN RHINO SIDEWAYS" - WotC
>>
>>44816881
"BIG MANA GOOD, COMBO BAD. BIG MANA GOOD, GRAVEYARD BAD. BIG MANA GOOD, CONTROL BAD"
>>
>>44816936
"By banning these cards we hope that more blue decks will be played"
"But fuck you we aren't unbanning all the blue cards we banned before to weaken the deck we just banned"
>>
>>44811295
SALT
A
L
T

kek, go jerk off on your useless pieces of cardboard you used to call combo pieces
>>
>>44812751
Expedition Urza lands WHEN?
>>
>>44814461
>kitchen table shitbrews
>commander
>archenemy
>planechase

To be honest, family
>>
>>44816974
Banning Twin literally means that we should be able to have at least one good draw spell unbanned.

Where's my draw-go wizards
>>
I know a lot of you don't play Pauper, but that Cloud ban is a fucking godsend
>>
>>44817068
What are you going on about
>>
>>44817109
I replied to the wrong post, fuck
>>
I don't get the hate for bloom. I barely see people play it and it's not even a huge part of the metagame.
>>
>>44817154
t. former bloom player
>>
>>44814915
Hello, fellow best format player.

Though I fear for Survival of the Fittest.
>>
>>44817164
I actually already sold my collection this year. mtgo is a joke and I'm not surprised wizards would do this. DUDE CREATURES LMAO!!!!
>>
>>44817173
French commander is actually the best format. I wish more people played it tho.
>>
Man I hope CoCo spikes and doesn't go down.
>>
>>44817496
I for one look forward to Tron staples spiking so I can sell my Tron deck off.
>>
>>44814708
>Ban Duals
>Ban FoW
>Print card that fills FoW niche if necessary
>Legacy is saved
>>
>>44817101
that sounded pretty great.
>>
>>44817579
>Ban Duals
>Ban FoW
they already did that. it's called modern
>>
So I see Aaron Forsythe is really enjoying this
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/with_replies

People don't even care about the new set anymore
>>
>>44817579
>Ban FoW
We combo city now
>>
>>44817608
Dont forget wasteland.

My wallet certainly won't
>>
>>44817608
Then they proved the necessity of FoW by allowing stupid linear fast decks destroy a format. There are so many good targets for FoW in Modern it's unreal. Even something seemingly innocuous like Goblin Guide. Lose 1 life, but over the course of the next 4 turns you save 8. That's no joke and takes the edge off a linear uninteractive deck.
>>
>>44817579
daze already exists, as does disrupting shoal
>>
>>44817579
FoW is absolutely necessary. If you're gonna print a card that's like FoW why not just reprint that? It's not on the reserved list so who cares.
>>
>>44817579
>Ban FoW
No one has reason to play anything but Oops?
>>
>>44817609
He literally flat out said they banned the deck to make the Pro Tour "more interesting"

Surprisingly transparent coming from WOTC.

Buy more Modern Masters packs goyims.
>>
>>44817609
>Aaron Forsythe @mtgaaron 33m33 minutes ago
>@Nisher I think our management of the format has been a factor in its success.

Hahaha this nigger needs to get OVER himself. Modern's success is down to Legacy's price barrier. That's quite literally all there is to it.
>>
>>44817655
>>44817659
>>44817624
>Print replacement if necessary
>>
>>44817720
Why the fuck would they need to print a "replacement" when force isn't on the reserved list to begin with?
>>
>>44817646
>FoW a Goblin Guide.
Found the guy who never actually played Legacy. Force of Will is actually a shitty card if your opponent is playing fair. It exists as a necessity against unfair (combo) decks in Legacy but you almost always side it out against aggro.
>>
Seems the only way to get wizards to move is to kick up enough of a stink.
The format literally died today and will now be purely linear decks everywhere. If you think the complaints are bad now look forward to a month's time where the bitching will be at an all time high.
>>
well, now Tron is the best deck by far. Even frees up their sb vs tough matchups.
>>
>>44817655
>But foil still exists guys! Combo totally won't run rampant.
>>
>>44817854
I'm fully aware that FoW is at its best against unfair decks. I'm also fully aware that against fairer decks, you just have to get as much value out of the thing as you can before boarding it out. FoWing a T1 Guide is a perfectly acceptable way of neutering the damage output of Burn if you have no other answer to it.
>>
>>44817874
I'm already offloading half of my collection. I'm keeping Miracles and a few EDH decks, but a good chunk of cards are getting the axe now before the inevitable crash. Writing's on the wall, Magic is dying because Wizards are incompetent.
>>
>>44817917
...So you think a card that would get sideboarded out after game 1 of every matchup is going to somehow fix modern? I'm legitimately confused about what you're trying to argue here.
>>
>>44817751
Considering their unwillingness to reprint it, it's probably part of the collectors value preservation policy
>>
>>44817874

Isn't twin fairly linear?

Either you dig out the one-two-unbounded attackers-die combo or you don't.
>>
>>44817955
That Modern is full of linear uninteractive decks that try to win as fast as possible, and that FoW shines in that environment. And as far as Modern goes, Burn is as good as an unfair deck because the answers to the deck are so few and far between. Same with Affinity, Tron, Infect, Scapeshift, Goryo's, Ad Nauseam, Living End, etc.. By the standards you're using to playing FoW at, these decks aren't that great, but FoW would destroy them. I'd board it out against Jund/Abzan. That's probably it.
>>
>week before bans
>buy Ad Nauseam
>buy 3 Scapeshifts when they were 20$
>Did it to prepare for the Amulet ban, now twin is banned too and the combo train officially has no brakes.
>>
>>44818012
>Isn't twin fairly linear?

No, it plays a pseudo tempo/control game.

The combo is to 1. Punish iiots who tap out on 3 and 2. To force your opponent to leave enough mana and removal up to deal with EoT deceiver.
>>
>>44818012
It's one of the more interactive decks/combos in the format.
Deck even goes completely on the control route half the time game 2 and 3.
All the deck is guilty of is keeping the linear decks in the format down.
Have fun with tron vs affinty vs burn the format
>>
>>44813361
Knowing Wizards, they would make all the faggy planeswalkers Dominaria's greatest heroes that ever existed. No mention of Kamahl and cephalids turn into merfolk
>>
Well this might be the stupidest thing I have ever seen

Creatures and Mana forever and ever, no more spells

Tron Affinty Infect Burn and BGx are going to dominate from here on out
>>
>>44817917
No. 2 for 1ing yourself against a T1 guide is not worth it in any situation. If your opening hand has no answers to a turn 1 guide other than Force of Will (meaning it doesn't have a bigger creature, a lightning bolt, a path to exile, abrupt decay, terminate, dismember, or any other number of answers) you kept a shitty hand and should have mulliganed. Burn is a deck that you absolutely do not want to 2 for 1 yourself to answer.
>>44818014
>Burn is as good as an unfair deck.
There are two valid ways of reading this:
-Burn is as effective and powerful as an unfair deck.
-Burn may as well be considered an unfair deck [because it does unfair things]
The first case is irrelevant because fairness of decks has literally 0 relation to the powerlevel of that deck. The second case is retarded because Burn is an incredibly fair deck that attempts to win through an average of 5-6 cards (lands excluded) over the course of 3-4 turns. It doesn't 'win out of nowhere' and it doesn't have any sort of combo that bypasses the general expectations of how games play out.

Affinity and Scapeshift are also fair decks.

FoW would do a grand total of jack and shit to Scapeshift and Burn. It would be useful against Ad Nauseam and people who were bad at Living End. It would be situationally very useful against Infect and Affinity (more often useful against Infect) but not consistently a card you'd love to see. It would wreck Goryo's. It would do very little against Tron.
>>
>>44818014
But that's wrong. FoW isn't good because it beats linear aggro decks, it's good because it allows you to develop your board/further your gameplan without the risk of getting combo'd out or immediately killed while you're tapped out. You wouldn't keep FoW in against Burn or Affinity, you side it out for lifegain or other specialized hate.
>>
>>44818624
>Scapeshift is a fair deck.

It is literally the definition of unfair. Scapeshift cannot win without resolving its combo. It just uses things like cryptic and remand to make sure it resolves.
>>
File: eww no.jpg (25KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
eww no.jpg
25KB, 240x240px
>>44818599
>affinity
>infect
>burn

I'm tired of aggro.
>>
>>44818599
>BGx
How fucking stupid do you have to be to actually belive that BGx will actually be a deck now?
>>
>>44818599
>BGx dominating anything, ever outside of legacy
>>
UNBAN TOP
>>
>>44819883
FUCK no. It does absolutely nothing against Tron, and makes every game with a blue deck in it go to time.

I like control, and even I think Miracles is cancer.
>>
>>44819883
Nah, introduce the homelands rule to modern.
>>
>>44818599
BGx is fucked for now.
Tron has nothing to keep it in check, and Tron already dominates Jund and Junk.
>>
>>44818085
Is ad nauseam going to become better after the bans? I thought twin was one of its best matchups and bloom was at the very least 50/50.
>>
>>44820241
I still believe in our Scapeshift overlords.
>>
>>44818147
So extremely linear.
>tapped out, I win
This differs from Ad Nauseam how?
>>
>>44819883
Really funny thing about that anon.

ESPN is looking into showing magic and one of the things retards complain about is fetchlands making magic boring to watch due to all the shuffling downtime.
>>
>>44820474
Its actually even worse against ad nauseam because they can go off at instant speed. However, against any deck that isn't blue, tapping out doesn't matter because they will just combo off any way.
>>
>reddit
>>
>>44806753
>>Heavy-handed punitive measures for violating NDA incoming
We'll ban MTGO for 3 years because it's a beta shitlord and applied the upcoming banlist changes ahead of time. All it's accounts are being deleted so that it'll know what's what.
>Don't forget to buy Oath of the Gatewatch coming out next week!
>-Trick Jarret
>>
>>44820511
they're not wrong. shuffling then passing over to be shuffled again is pretty much over 50% of the time spent during MTG matches. the other 50% is the one guy with no outs slow rolling everyone while he shuffles his hand 17 times, picks up all his permanents and reorganizes them, counts everything, asks opps life total, cards in hand, cards in library, then finally fucking loses.
>>
WOTC could solve a whole lot of their format issues by simply changing the rules to make it so you can neither lose life, take mill FX, or accumulate poison counters prior to the end of game turn 3. I mean, if they want the game to last 4+ turns, that seems the simplest solution.
>>
>>44823014
That's one hell of a hamfisted solution.
>>
>>44823121
So you're saying it's a WotC-style solution?
>>
>>44823753
I'm saying if their regular solutions were surgery this would be a back alley coathanger abortion.
>>
>>44807511
Exactly! Tron reigns supreme!
>>
>>44808244
Yes!
>>
>>44823014
>Tron: the format
>>
>>44812635
>Wow I drew 3 different lands now I can cast Karn on turn 3

So skill intensive :))))
>>
>>44820312
It's probably worse desu, but the cards will go up in price because people still need a combo deck to play so they can wreck tron.
>>
>>44819716
If a deck 'combos out' on turn 7 it's not an unfair deck.
>>
Sure is nice playing a deck like affinity that is literally banproof
>>
>>44818624
>No. 2 for 1ing yourself against a T1 guide is not worth it in any situation. If your opening hand has no answers to a turn 1 guide other than Force of Will (meaning it doesn't have a bigger creature, a lightning bolt, a path to exile, abrupt decay, terminate, dismember, or any other number of answers) you kept a shitty hand and should have mulliganed. Burn is a deck that you absolutely do not want to 2 for 1 yourself to answer.
Found someone how doesn't play legacy.
The people who say 'force is only good against unfair decks' are just fucking memesters, it was the best card back in ice age block constructed by far (which had fucking necro in it and 0 combo decks) and I've never seen anyone board out all of their forces against me when I play fucking D&T.
NO forcing a goblin guide turn one is a fine play you fucking liar. Not all decks are going to play removal.
>>
>>44829395
Depends on the deck, but my friends who play miracles and shardless almost always board out forces when i'm on DnT
>>
>>44829421
Shardless makes sense, Miracles loses pretty hard to aether vial though, so I'm not sure what I'd board them out for.
It's also very good vs lands as you always want to counter the turn 1 exploration and have backup against crop rotation.
Delver also occasionally likes forces just cause it's a good tempo play.
>>
>>44829626
>miracles vs lands
if you're playing miracles you might as well just scoop. it's a 10-90% MU
>>
>>44823014
that's clunky and unintuitive as hell
>>
>>44815465
As a menfolk player, I'm sad I had to scroll down this far before the deck was even mentioned
>>
>>44830174
Hello felloy merfolk playee, feels good that I am already running 4 of these main.
>>
File: seas.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
seas.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>44831065
whoops
>>
>>44831065
Honestly the merfolk matchup is really dependent on them getting a T1 vial speaking from the Tron perspective.

If they don't have it and are slowing down my mana I feel pretty good because then they aren't shitting out 2-3 lords to keep their side out of pyroclasm range.
>>
as a casual player, i just hope for one thing:

pricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedroppricedrop
>>
>>44817936
This man knows whats up.

the retards at wizards don't have a fucking clue what they are doing any more and its going to crash and burn.

they can't get fat packs right, they don't understand modern, everything being printed in standard is garbage, they don't give a fuck about vintage and other formats.

then all of your fucking cardboard that was worth hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars won't be sold any where, so there won't be any shops for it to buy singles or play fnm.

FNM attendance drops, people stop playing, magic crashes.

gonna be real fucking funny to watch all you finance fags cry in another year or so.

Oh and I didn't even mention how close chinamen are coming to perfecting fake magic cards.
The chinamen are aware and paying attention to how to spot fake cards articles that are appearing online.

It's just a matter of time boys.
>>
>>44831276
Price drop of what?

Unless people are dumping their whole modern collection which while some people are going to do its only a drop in the bucket nothing is going to get better.

Hell this is going to cause a big ass spike in Tron/Infect/Affinity prices as idiots scramble to build the deck.
>>
>>44831374
Are you off your meds? Did you even check the latest expansion spoilers? Jesus Christ, some of you guys are blind - it has one of the highest power levels in ages. So many powerful cards cramped up in one place. Besides that - Magic won't die, the babbies that quit due to their favoured deck getting the banhammer will be back soon enough.
>>
>>44830174
>>44831065
Hello. I had the vials from legacy, so it wasn't that hard to dive in. Deck is safe, right? It would really suck to have something banned from it, right after I finished it.
Also, are there any cute tricks that the deck can pull off that I should be aware of? So far, Reejery seems like one of the strongest cards in the deck.
>>
File: 3.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>44832099
Reejery is always always over looked. I'd rather that be my first lord of the field. Harbinger of the Tides and Reejery isn't as good as you think it is. I just slam adept and seas before anything. I wish there were better counterspell options though.
>>
>>44821997
This is why I wish MtGO were any good. Almost all of this shit gets cleared up instantly when you have a computer doing the clock and all the shuffling for you. Too bad MtGO is actual garbage.
>>
>>44832299
My best game to date involved a t3 reejery, and a eot vialed image. Then it was 4 lords, and a swing for game
>>
>>44806825
TWIN IS DEAD, LONG LIVE MONORED AGGRO!
>>
I've never seen such a blunt ban in modern's history

Second Sunrise maybe, but eggs was honestly fucking terrible.

Good bans would have been Exarch and nothing else and unban sword of the meek
>>
>>44828709
>regularly shit 4-5 permanents onto the board turn 1
>"nah lets not mess with anything here its fine"
>>
>>44825419
No one here was talking about skill, senpai.
>>
>>44811690
draw-go control isn't the only type of control
>>
>>44836394
it is in my heart
>>
File: merfolk_assassin.jpg (25KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
merfolk_assassin.jpg
25KB, 210x300px
>>44831065
Boil/Choke/Murder ahem
>>
>>44832833
Twin is red. See the irony?
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.