[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

Have you ever played a fat character, /tg/? I'm not talking about "beefy", or "curvy", or even "chubby" (all of which are words with ultimately positive connotations), I'm talking genuinely, unabashedly fat. The way that's not attractive.
>>
>>44787440
Why would I want to play myself?
>>
>>44787452
See, I hear people saying that, but don't you think that's even a little bit troubling? You're basically implying that "fat" is all you are. You are defined by your fatness. If you'd made a character who was a different race from you, lived in another world, had different friends and was a cyborg wizard, they'd still be "yourself" if only they were fat.

That's fucked up, in my opinion.
>>
Yes, I have. Twice.
>>
>>44787486
Mind elaborating?
>>
My group once decided that we should do an evil Pathfinder campaign. I decided to put some extra flavor into it, so my character was Rasputin, the fat necromancer cleric who refused physical labor since he had zombies.

He had a wagon pulled by zombies. It was pretty cash.
>>
>>44787501
both times he was fat
>>
File: 118229813.sF644vz1.jpg (72KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
118229813.sF644vz1.jpg
72KB, 800x533px
>>44787511
Thanks.
>>
>>44787440
Yes, I played a fat tiefling warlord in D&D 4e once. A rich nobleman who had dedicated his life to the study of strategy and battle tactics

He was a lazylord, no good at combat, but great at ordering other people around. He was very friendly, and never took credit for the heroics of the party, even when he was directly responsible for victory, but he was utterly unfamiliar with the hardships of dungeon exploration and other heroic things, and complained about the subpar food and lack of good wine constantly
>>
File: Krew_concept_art.png (1010KB, 800x943px) Image search: [Google]
Krew_concept_art.png
1010KB, 800x943px
Sure, I bought a Hover Chair.
Then a bionic heart.
>>
>>44787440
Played a fat alchemist in pathfinder and a fat detective in shadowrun, neither were overly troubled save for their inability to climb/sprint very well. Their unattractiveness led to them developing better as characters, due to being often underestimated or misjudged by those they met.
>>
That would be called LARP'ing, my friend.
>>
>>44787530
Baron Harkonnen?
>>
>>44787480
I can't remember a time when I wasn't a fat friendless piece of human garbage. I'm a 38 year old kissless virgin still living with my parents. I would kill myself but I'm too much of a coward.
>>
>>44787480
Some people are insecure enough that any resemblance towards themselves makes it uncomfortable and reminds them of their own shortcomings too much.

Some people, on the other hand, just don't find the idea appealing.
>>
>>44787550
Navigator with the Grossly Fat mutation.
As far as mutations go, it's preferable to the "tall and thin" ones.
>>
>>44787440
I've never really had it come up. Me and most of my social circle are pretty physically active so . .

I feel like the lazy necromancer is steal able though. Or maybe some sort of psionic who does everything with TK
>>
>>44787552
Meh. Could be worse, at least you can take care of them as they age.

Might as well work on the weight thing though.
>>
I once GMed in a spy themed game in which a player - playing female character, mind you, specifically insisted that she be fat. He even did that "Not full, not curvy - fat" kind of thing. Figured people would be less likely to take notice of the fat secretary secretly installing listening devices than some Bond Girl with the looks of a supermodel.
>>
>>44787552
Do yourself a favor, and close this tab. Exit 4chan for a while. I'm not saying "quit", at the moment, but just... exit it. At least for the time being. Sit back and think about what you're doing wrong.
>>
Yeah. He was an occult gourmand, which basically meant he could gain people's attributes, memories, etc by eating them. . He was a great fat fuck in his natural form, but his powers let him change. Just the further something was from tall, fat guy the less time he could keep it up. Spent a lot of time impersonating a huge burly werewolf biker we took down a few sessions in. Fun times.

>>44787552
Buddy, you might want to talk to someone. That's a pretty unhealthy attitude to have.
>>
>>44787574
I played a Navigator who was naturally very tall and thin (since we also had the DH rulebook which has random height and weight charts, I used those to determine the character's appearance; Voidborn tend to be taller and thinner than average humans so it's not particularly suprising she ended being she ended up being around 6 feet and weighting 120 pounds), but the very first time she gained a new navigator power she got the "grossly fat" mutation.
All in all, it worked pretty well. Aside from being unable to run, the mutation doesn't really have negative effects (and actually gives you benefits in form of extra wounds and being harder to grapple), and prevents you from getting the "emancipated" mutation, which has some major disadvantages.
It mostly came up with the character complaining about the party constantly having to run, climb and perform other physically demanding activities while exploring planets (although she probably would have complained about that even before the mutation, as being from a spaceborn Navigator House she naturally disliked spending time on planetside), and some banter between her the party's Senechal. I was at some point supposed to try getting some kind of hover-platform to get around the "no running" penalty, but never got around to do it.
>>
>>44788495
Before I got the Hover-Chair, I learned to use a Jump Pack.

The crew called him "the flying sack of shit" behind his back.
>>
>>44788511
> Dissing the Navigator
> Ever

Did they want to get dumped in the warp and left to fend for themselves?
>>
>>44787480
>You're basically implying that "fat" is all you are.

>You are defined by your fatness.

god damn I can't stop laughing.
>>
played a /fit/ themed fighter once.
Started off as a fat guy who gained a shit ton of weight from depression after his wife died of illness. Ended up getting his shit together after encountering the party and slowly began losing the weight. He's still fat though, but he's got muscle too.
>>
>>44787552
Do it. If you can't contribute to your society, you detract from it.
>>
Would love to, but I'm Forever DM. Any of the guys in my circle who have DM'd before would automatically make everything harder for the fat PC....which I'm conflicted on.

Realistically, yes, as a former fattie now /fit/izen, it makes sense. You can't run as long, fit into as many places, or generally do the same things a skinner, fit person can do.

In regards to tabletop? It's fucking fantasy. It's an aesthetic quality and shouldn't have any bearing mechanically.
>>
>>44789840

>Implying you can't be true neutral.
>>
>>44787440
Does an elephant-man with the physique of the Obelix in the pic counts?

He had the rest of the party in a backpack howdah, literally the group tank.

Took a balista bolt in the gut, the fat prevented it from piercing his organs.
>>
>>44789944
Yeah, if you're a buddhist monk / taoist and live in a temple.

But he doesn't and isn't. He's a drain on his respective society.
>>
>Implying /tg/ doesn't find fat women attractive in the first place
>>
>>44789961
You mean a guy with a severe deformity, or an actual elephant creature?
>>
I dont play as unnatractive characters.
>>
There is an otherwise quite skilled and friendly user on an RP forum that I frequent, whom for any given thread will either draft a "normal" character, or an obese, megalomaniacal woman at about a 30/70 ratio.

I allowed such a character in my Exalted-inspired game under the condition that she was a reincarnation of the god of excess and debauchery.
>>
>>44789840
There's potential for reform in everyone, Anon. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.
>>
Fat monk is only acceptable monk.
>>
>>44787440
Yeah a decker. And another one in a Mage game and a Cthulhu game.

Had the biggest body count in the first two and survived the longest in the last one.
>>
File: tumblr_lt3bc35erN1r3sy6wo1_1280.jpg (143KB, 738x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt3bc35erN1r3sy6wo1_1280.jpg
143KB, 738x1000px
>>44787440
Because my general shtick is being the Funny Foreign guy/Meatgrinder no.
>>
Yes.

I moved entirely by teleportation and tried to eat every monster we killed.
>>
>>44793946
harelip yo
>>
Hrmm. I'm not sure if it exactly applies, but this character was quite thoroughly, immensely fat, though he was also incredibly, mythically strong. For a man, at least, that seems to counterbalance it.

I've played a few husky, chubby, or paunchy characters, but that was the fattest one. I mostly GM now, and there I do often try to have a lot of variety in my important NPCs, so there are a few quite fat ones there.
>>
File: ganeshas_disciple_by_odinoir.jpg (200KB, 563x665px) Image search: [Google]
ganeshas_disciple_by_odinoir.jpg
200KB, 563x665px
>>44792491
>>
An Omniscient in Fates Worse Than Death. The Omniscients are a gang of people in cyberpunk Manhattan (2080) who are united in their immense obsession for "sensetech", or technology which would augment their awareness. This translates mostly to biological and cybernetic enhancement, but not only. Listening devices, cameras, goggles, visors, they even own shares in spy satellites they can connect to via their internal computers so they can look anywhere at any time. The Omniscients want to always know everything.

Stereotypically, Omnisicents tend to be quite fat for two reasons: one, they have little reason to move, since no matter where they are they know what's happening everywhere else. Two, and more importantly, their impossibly sharp augmented senses make them both particularly vulnerable to tiny discomforts and capable of uniquely appreciating physical pleasures. Since most Omniscients are rich-guys by default (or they wouldn't have the money for all their fancy sensetech toys), this tends to translate to them eating exorbitant amounts of the finest foods, drinking the finest wines, wearing the richest silk clothing and carrying around perfumed handkerchiefs (silk, of course) to put to their faces whenever a hobo passes half a kilometer away from them.
>>
>>44789840
May as well kill cripples, the elderly, and retards while we are at it mein fuhrer
>>
>>44794352
The elderly earned their right to fuck off.
Retard can go, nothing of value lost.
>>
>>44787595
see that actually makes fucking sense though. You want the person least likely to get attention doing all the spy shit like that.
>>
>>44789840
Might as well off yourself too with the whole lack of empathy thing.
>>
File: Welp.gif (490KB, 225x177px) Image search: [Google]
Welp.gif
490KB, 225x177px
>>44787440
I tried once. Turns out that the rest of my table immediately forgot that, despite it coming up a few times (including a knee injury) and everyone but me and the DM pictured the character as Rick Moranis.
>>
>>44795478
The elderly are detractors. Gotta kill them comrad.
>>
>>44796231
People who go around talking about putting people in camps are exactly the kind of people who should be put in camps. Just have a black bag team grab them straight out of their computer chairs and off they go.

Wait. Actually, ma
>>
>>44787552

Well, the fat thing you can deal with at least. And at least you show filial piety. And I mean, you're at least not a brony or a furry, I hope.

Do you have a job? That's something at least.
>>
Random question
Do fatties get a bonus to damage resist due to being fat?
>>
File: party hard, with calcium.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
party hard, with calcium.gif
298KB, 379x329px
>>44787480
>it's so wrong that you just identify yourself by your most uncontrollable, deadly vice
>I mean, just because you're a heroin addict in real life and you play one in-game means that you assume your character is you
>you should really try to look at yourself in a more positive light

great keks tonight
>>
>>44789623
Which is why they said that behind his back.
>>
I played an obese old witch in Pathfinder once. Good fun.
>>
Got randomly stuck playing a big fat hillbilly troll matriarch who tossed people in her cook pot to feed the kids she kept having.
>>
>>44789926
> It's an aesthetic quality

So, penalty to diplomacy rolls and charisma?
>>
>>44793832
> MFW most Americans will think that the MC isn't even fat

I mean, compare that to Charles Fairly in Beverly Hills Assassin, where he's a big fat fuck who had a big fat heart attack from being so fat that even a cocaine diet couldn't slim him down.
>>
>>44799748
No, but in GURPS being Very Fat is a -5 point disadvantage. It gives:
-3 to Disguise skill
-3 to Shadowing skill if trying to follow someone in a crowd
+5 Swimming
+3 Strength bonus to resist Knockback
Your Health attribute may not be above 13

A box text on page 19 also suggests Very Fat characters take -3 Move if it is going to be a more realistic campaign.
Box text on page 20 suggests that Very Fat characters should expect to pay 10-20% more for clothing and armor.
>>
File: 1425559763521.jpg (603KB, 848x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1425559763521.jpg
603KB, 848x1438px
>>44787440
Once. As a joke.

It didn't end like a joke.
>>
Yeah, all the time irl
>>
>>44799014
Nice new variation of the candlejacke mem
>>
>>44797853
Wut, what are we now, nazees or gommies?
>>
My Onispawn Tiefling Druid was always heavy, but we got a Cauldron of Plenty maybe a couple dozen sessions ago and he has been eating out of it relentlessly.
>>
>>44787595
That's actually pretty genius, I might have to steal it.
>>
>>44807844
Isn't it just common sense?
>>
>>44808623
Depending on whether you're playing real espionage or Bond style.
>>
I rolled up a cleric for pathfinder, that is over 60. I figure he would have a bit of a belly but still be strong (low dex, high str)
>>
>>44787480
But I am a fat cyborg wizzard in real life.
>>
>>44787600
People that much of a loser never do, theyll pity themselves and die alone aged 60, it takes actual bravery to self evaluate
>>
To this effect, has anyone ever played a Hutt in any variant of Star Wars?
>>
>>44817132
I kind of wished to once, but wouldn't the mobility issues really limit the types of adventures you can participate in? Like, from my experience, Edge of the Empire characters are always moving. They sneak, they escape, they run, they chase, they jump between rooftops, they crawl through sewers... except for the crawling part, I'm not sure how much of that a hutt could do.
>>
>>44817132
I tried to talk the narrator of a local Star Wars d20 game to let me play a hutt jedi but he said it was stupid. Later he ran a dark side campaign and I asked to play a gungan sith lord. He told me to get the fuck out of his house.
>>
File: HAH.png (1KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
HAH.png
1KB, 125x125px
>>44817928
>gungan sith lord
holy shit
>>
>>44787440
A few who were bear-mode but that was about it.
>>
>>44817928
>Meesa be thinkin that yous should come ova to da dark side Annie
>Meesa has cookies
>>
>>44818029
Alas, poor Darth Crunchen never made it to an actual game.
>>
One of my favorite characters was an obese bloatmage wound up taking up the mantle of the Runelord of Gluttony at the end of the campaign. He was an asshole gorged on expensive food, magic, and crystalized souls that his familiar could make out of the recently dead, though to be fair the whole party was full of assholes to some degree and we worked together pretty well.

Eventually he became my first kitbashed mini out of a Nurgle chaos lord and some spare bits.
>>
As anyone who's studied the media will tell you, people are less willing to emotionally connect with those that they find unattractive. This goes double for roleplaying games, in which the connection is made to a far higher degree.

Whilst some forms of unattractiveness are considered acceptable (particularly scars, which may be seen as a positive feature rather than a negative one on certain characters, as they emphasize their toughness and experience), fat is among the least. On some basic level, a certain level of obesity goes beyond mere unattractiveness: it implies immorality. What you call "Chubbiness" may, depending on context, be seen as signifying that a character is warm, nurturing and sedate (if it's a woman, she would be seen as motherly). Beefiness and curviness are just ways for players to say "My character looks powerful/sexy, but I'm afraid they'll sound like pure wish-fulfillment if I say it straight."

Obesity implies that someone is lazy, gluttonous, and perverse. Laziness and gluttony, in particular, are among the least "sexy" sins - compared to things like Wrath and Pride which are sometimes perceived as downright heroic.

My two cents on the subject.
>>
Yeah, my first Thief back in AD&D2 was based on Taurus of Nemedia from Howard's Conan story "The Tower of the Elephant".
>>
File: fatbeard.jpg (85KB, 600x725px) Image search: [Google]
fatbeard.jpg
85KB, 600x725px
In Pathfinder, the iconic Occultist is not only fat, but he also has a neckbeard.
>>
>>44787440
>other fat fetish thread dies
>instantly make a new one
Why not just go to /d/ for fucks sake
>>
>>44818257
That guy's fat like Diva Mizuki or Super Sonico are fat.

It don't count if they got normal faces.
>>
>>44818263
How come I missed that one?
>>
>>44787440

I played a major lard ass in D&D with maxed out Charisma stat and was a bard.

We had another lard ass bard half-orc playing, we were the power duo called Tenacious Dragon and played it as one would expect.
>>
>>44804057
Bait aside, I don't think Sammo Hung's very fat.
>>
>>44818280
it was less of a fat fetish and more of a thinly veiled vore
>>
>>44818370
It was a two in one combo shit thread
>>
>>44818302
If your DM didn't have you encounter a demon that challenged them to a musical contest I don't even want to know him.
>>
>>44818029
Darth Darth Binks
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.