[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that the fluff of Warhammer Fantasy is too tight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 42

File: J2OWH.jpg (134KB, 800x408px) Image search: [Google]
J2OWH.jpg
134KB, 800x408px
Do you think that the fluff of Warhammer Fantasy is too tight? Not much space for your own Fluff.
>>
File: No One.png (18KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
No One.png
18KB, 267x200px
>Do you think that the fluff of Warhammer Fantasy is too tight? Not much space for your own Fluff.
>>
>>44772546
It has plenty of space for your own fluff.

You need to stop thinking of continent wide events, or maybe start reading up about the setting
>>
There's definitely less room now that it ended.
>>
File: BadRPG.png (226KB, 750x1091px) Image search: [Google]
BadRPG.png
226KB, 750x1091px
>>44772546
>>
>>44772651
Tell that to Endhammer. First time I've seen a concerted effort to rewrite an entire chapter of Old World history. People are making their own room.
>>
>>44772546
I personally enjoy the cozy feeling of the fluff, but that is certainly a reason they decided to expand the universe. One of the interesting thing about the 40K universe is how many undiscovered corners and pockets there are to fill in yourself, which resonates well with a game that requires a lot of creative investment from the player. They are trying to create that same feeling with the Warhammer world's new cosmic scale. I don't think it will really pan out, but it will be interesting to see (I mean, separately from the actual game mechanics, which is a different discussion).
>>
>>44772546
Yeah, that's a good thing. There are more factions in fantasy then in 40k, so at least one must appeal the person looking, and if you want to make you're super special snowflake marine chapter in fantasy, then kill yourself
>>
Use Lovedagger
>>
>>44772546
Yep. That's one of the things that turned me off to it. Everything is defined and there is little to no room for your own dudes. At least with 40k there are so many undefined planets and systems, and even space marine chapters, and hive fleets, and necron dynasties, and all that. I have no problem making something up there and it being totally believable in the setting. With fantasy you had to study the lore closely to make sure you didnt betray any established fluff, which could be very difficult.

Not a fan of aos the game, but i can appreciate what they are trying to do with the setting.
>>
File: Map_of_the_Warhammer_World.jpg (2MB, 3016x2080px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_the_Warhammer_World.jpg
2MB, 3016x2080px
>>44772546
>>
>>44772664

Man, people are going to get attached to that setting that when WHFB gets rebooted after AoS fails people will be reluctant to go back.
>>
>>44772813
That's the point you fanfic writing tumblrina, 40k is a setting where next to nothing gets resolved, fantasy has a definite story where conflicts actually get resolved. It's so autist like yourself can't have write your NecronxGuardsmen fanfic love story.
>>
>>44772546
>>44773022
Most of warhammer takes place in less than 1/6th of that map.
And the Empire is supposed to be pretty damn huge as a landmass.

So yeah, there's fucktons of room even in the established space.
>>
>>44774017
>And the Empire is supposed to be pretty damn huge as a landmass.

Slightly larger than modern-day Germany, relatively speaking, going by the measurements presented.
>>
>>44774075
>fantasy's world is a 1:1 model of earth
No
>>
>>44772546
depends on how much space you need, if you want 40k's levels of token planets equivalents to destroy then it is tight.

But considering homefluff usually involves just a bunch of new cities/locations/characters and a some historical events thrown in in the thousands of years of background then it is enough.

It has plenty of space when you take the liberties for 3 things:
-timeline free to bend from 2500 onward, ignoring constricting events like storm of chaos and end times as mere possibilities.
-worldmap inaccurate for actual size and numbers, with the world having huge hollow volumes deep down the earth and the surface x times bigger earth.
-chaos warping time and space to allow impossibilities to occur within campaigns, be them landscapes getting filled with magic flowing from the portals to be incongruosly bigger and stranger than what the maps suggest and time similarly so to justify what you need.
But these 3 liberties are not paths everyone is willing or able to take.
>>
>>44773339
Yeah I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about. Fantasy was always a setting. When it actually progressed you got storm of chaos (which was retconned) and end times.

40k is also a setting, but in it we see conflicts getting resolved, like the damicles gulf and so on.

These settings where they are vast and unexplored are great for players to make their own story in the context of the setting. And you don't need to be a bad fanfic tumblr faggot to want to do that.
>>
>>44774017
I would change the Badlands to humans countries. Successor kingdoms of Strygos or similar. The orcs have more than enough space.
>>
>>44774446
Not him but you don't need to destroy worlds to have a campaign, cities and territories are enough.
Plenty of them to choose.
>>
>>44773022
Man, the WHFB world is pretty shit.

The Border Princes must have the suckiest job of all.
>>
>>44773022

>no bloodforests of bloodvania

pfft, hardly as cool as the new Age of Sigmar setting
>>
>>44774591
Did he say that?
>>
>>44775092
Lol you mean the exiled or those fleeing persecution/ looking for a new life.

Yes they have a very sucky life; fluff wise very few of the castles / towns survive very long; the badlands being so close normally leads to misery.

Also there is tons of room shit and space for your own what ever
>>
I really like the Warhammer setting, but it's true that playing with people who know a lot about the world makes some things boring.

Like how everybody knows that Skaven exist while people from Empire shouldn't believe in them.
>>
>>44774232

Yes.

Seriously, there is a scale on the map. All of The Old World is about equal in size to Europe.
>>
>>44776498
>Like how everybody knows that Skaven exist while people from Empire shouldn't believe in them.

Eh, depends on how you want to play it. You could have them think that Ratmen are the boogymen of the setting. Something that is just a nursery rhyme for babies.

Or you could have them know that Skaven are real, but not believe that their underempire spans the entire length and width of the Warhammer World. Not the Old World. The goddamn entire planet.

Or you could have them know and be aware of both of these things, but still telling people that there is no such thing as Ratmen, because they don't want to start a panic.

Anyone who claims it HAS to be one way or another is trolling you.

>>44775092
The Border Princes actually serves to be the most open section of the Old World that can still be relevant to the major conflicts of the setting.

Hell, my own Dwarf Throng is set in a mini-Rapture located off the coast of Tilea/Estalia.
>>
File: 1452271170679.png (679KB, 417x629px) Image search: [Google]
1452271170679.png
679KB, 417x629px
>>44773022
Also, isn't the actual size of the planet that WHFB takes place on, slightly larger than Earth? Or at least the land masses of the WHFB planet larger than Earths?
>>
>>44774446
Shows how little you know Warhammer tumblrina. Conflicts don't resolve in 40k, they freeze over and a state of perpetual war happens (i.e. Octavia). The wars and battles stagnate to the point where no one wins and defeats the other person (i.e. Damoscles gulf). In fantasy, major characters die all the time. There isn't a bullshit perpetual war because fractions will actually ally with each, and not immediately stab each other in the back (Empire and high elfs, Empire and dwarfs, Empire and Brettonia).

Like really, if you weren't such a newfag, you'd know one of the main motifs of 40k is stagnation. I think you're in the wrong place buddy, reddit is the other way
>>
>>44776649
>Yes
No, spot the redditor

See
>>44774247
>>
>>44777008
It's pretty typical for fantasy planets to be mostly land, since people on a boat move at speed of plot anyway.

Also, >>44772546 seems like an AoS shill.
>>
File: TheEmpire.jpg (820KB, 1596x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TheEmpire.jpg
820KB, 1596x1024px
>>44777123
>No, spot the redditor

Yes.

Learn to read a map.

The Empire is equivalent in size to Germany, all of the Old World is about the same size of Europe.

There are uncharted depths to in interior of the Warhammer World, with the Dark Beneath, but the planet has always been pretty much Earth-Equivilent in size and scale.

Even back to 1ed WFRP, these maps all paint the same size picture.

Travel between towns and cities in the Empire has always been depicted as something that takes a few days or weeks, depending on where you're traveling to and how (taking into account the dangers of traveling through Beastmen and Mutant infested woods). Not months or years.

The maps could be off a little bit here and there, depending on the version that you use, but it'll always come out to about Europe size for the Old World - though some of the proportions will change. But hell, you get the same effect in modern maps depending on what style you use.
>>
>>44777123

And as for the Chaos effect mentioned in (>>44774247), there's no way to account for that. The Chaos Wastes can be as big or as small as they need to be. The poles have their own size based on the size of the planet, but once you get in there...well shit, Karag Dum.
>>
>>44777008
Slightly, but not enough to really make a difference. Depends on which map you use.
>>
>>44777393
It's like I'm talking to a retard. Protip: the Chaos Waste don't have a definite end. Protip: Warp shennanigans make the map as big or as small as it needs to be

Damn, when did /tg/ get filled with redditors?
>>
File: beerandrevolution1.jpg (154KB, 450x392px) Image search: [Google]
beerandrevolution1.jpg
154KB, 450x392px
>>44772546
The fluff in Warhammer has a weird relationship with the troop and equipment variations of every army. You used to be able to make an army with one or two troop types by mixing up the equipment. Now it is more like one troop type for one use and none of the customization that makes armies your personal contribution to the setting.

But seriously I want to see more bandit armies made only of the empire box sets.
>>
>>44777008
The Warhammer world is supposed to be a few times larger than the real world.
>>
The Warhammer fluff was absolutely perfect for Your Dudes and your own fluff.

Contrarily to some retarded belief, a lot of places were "there be dragons".
>>
>>44778001

Read

(>>44777494)

The Chaos Wastes are as big or as small as they want to be. The poles would have originally had size, and if you saw them from space you don't see some infinite, voidless mass.

When you get down into it, that's when shit gets weird.

The planet itself as a scale, cuntnuggets.

>>44778148

The planet itself is a fair bit bigger than Earth, depending on the maps you use, but places like The Empire as still about the same size as Germany.
>>
>>44778205
>but places like The Empire as still about the same size as Germany.
The Empire is between 50% and 100% bigger than Germany.
>>
>>44778193
>Contrarily to some retarded belief, a lot of places were "there be dragons".

Cathay, Nippon, Kingdom of Ind, Hinterlands of Khurtesh, a big chunk of the Border Princes, the Dark Beneath the World, Southlands, the New World.

A lot of places in the Warhammer setting were barely touched on.
>>
>>44778261

Sounds about right.

The map in (>>44777393) gives an area of, what, maybe 675,900km2 ish? Germany sits at around 357,168 km2
>>
File: 1437421277100.jpg (34KB, 401x488px) Image search: [Google]
1437421277100.jpg
34KB, 401x488px
>>44778001
When old fags (last summer) decide they were all Neo-Nazis.
>>
>>44778261
>The Empire is between 50% and 100% bigger than Germany.

Because it's modelled of the HRE, not just Germany.
So, yeah.

It always disappointed me that there wasn't more imperial political fuckery in the setting.
>>
>>44778396
>It always disappointed me that there wasn't more imperial political fuckery in the setting.
There was a lot of implied fuckery, but that was especially a way to flesh out your dudes.
>>
>>44778396
>more imperial political fuckery in the setting.

Do you play WFRP?
>>
>>44777071
Except that you're wrong. So very very wrong. Conflicts resolve in 40k as much as they do in fantasy, and the setting remains stagnant in both. They're both settings, not stories.

Holy shit I really wonder who I am talking to sometimes. Can people really be this stupid? Do you think he just goes onto the internet to blatantly lie? Why would he do that? Does it fulfill some sort of idiotic fantasy?
>>
>>44772788
Never had a fantasy version as far as I know.

Also it's shit
>>
>>44778529
>Conflicts resolve in 40k as much as they do in fantasy,and the setting remains stagnant in both.

I dunno, End Times wasn't exactly stagnant.
>>
>>44773339
Not him but calling someone a fanfic writing tumblrina because he enjoys freedom to create a story for his own dudes in a setting is pretty uncalled for. The spirit of the warhammer settings to be able to forge your own narrative within the setting. The books and official fluff is only there to build the world and give you more material to work with, not dictate what you are supposed to be playing and how you're supposed to be playing it.
>>
File: the warhammer world.jpg (467KB, 494x806px) Image search: [Google]
the warhammer world.jpg
467KB, 494x806px
As far as I know, this has never been officially contradicted, so is still just as valid as it ever was.

Warhammer is a big fucking place.
>>
>>44772813
>with the setting.
AoS has a setting ?
>>
>>44778697
>The largest mountains in the Old World....tallest of these peaks climb almost 50,000 feet from the plains below.
>50,000 feet
>50,000 FEET.
>50,000 FEET = 600,000 INCHES
>600,000 INCHES = 1,524,000CM
>1,524,000CM = 15.24km, straight fucking up.

For comparison, Everest and K2 are in the 8.8km range.

Jesus.
>>
>>44779018
It just tells me that the warhammer writers really have no idea what they are talking about. There's a reason there are so few mountains as high as Everest and K2, and there's a reason those are the only 2. I guess though if you throw magic into the equation, all bets are off.
>>
>>44778697
>fifty thousand feet

That is nearly twice the size of Everest, show offs.
>>
Here's a thought for everyone discussing the size/scale of the Warhammer World:

The distance between the Great Ocean and the Gulf of Medes, at the closest point, appears to be approximately 1,000 miles. Grabbing the nearest map I have of Warhammer World I estimated the distance the poles are apart. By my best guess, there’s about 20,000 miles between them. I do realise there are other maps with scale, but I’ll assume that this is the correct one for now.

The Warhammer World

Diameter (poles): 12,732 miles
Circumference (poles): 40,000 miles
Surface area: 509,295,818 square miles

Earth

Diameter (poles): 7,899 miles
Circumference (poles): 24,819 miles
Surface area: 196,017,163 square miles

Nearly 2.5x the size of Earth.

With that in mind - what is going on with the gravity?

If the Warhammer World had a similar density to Earth, the gravity would be commensurately higher.

For the WW to have an Earth-like gravity, the total density would have to be significantly less.

How much empty space is there in the Dark Beneath the World?
>>
>>44779063
>There's a reason there are so few mountains as high

What is the reason? I know there are bigger mountains on other planets. Does it have to do with gravity/density? Tectonic activities?
>>
>>44779174
>How much empty space is there in the Dark Beneath the World?
Hollow earth - full of rats.
>>
>>44779193
Gravity. If mountains were to get any higher they would be crushed under their own weight.

Olympus Mons, the tallest mountain on Mars, is much higher only because the gravity on mars is much lower. There are no big mountains on the Moon because there is no tectonic activity and the moon is much smaller.
>>
>>44779174
Maybe the Ancient Ones changed gravity.
>>
>>44779174
>How much empty space is there in the Dark Beneath the World?

There is no empty space, you mook.

The world had a giant pure metallic core. Source ET and AoS.
>>
>>44779385
>Source ET and AoS.

Do you think you are being clever.
>>
File: warhams.jpg (272KB, 541x443px) Image search: [Google]
warhams.jpg
272KB, 541x443px
>>44779329
Probably the Old ones fault.

I mean, they changed the damn planet's orbit.
>>
>>44778269
Southlands = Africa?

I always wanted to create a Border Princes Army, but consider a Border Prince with great armies for implausible. There was a story where a "small" ogre army destroy a bunch of Border Princes.
>>
>>44779559
I am not being anything but educational right now, you mookly mook.

ET and AoS has shown us that the planet has a 100% metallic core.

The core shot into space when the planet exploded. It was named Malus and the metal that comprised it was named sigmirite.

This is the official lore.
>>
>>44779643
>but consider a Border Prince with great armies for implausible
Well, as long as you don't have more than 1k minis it's ok then.
>>
>>44779652
Is sigmarite warpstone then ?
>>
File: AoS Sigmar.png (2MB, 1421x895px) Image search: [Google]
AoS Sigmar.png
2MB, 1421x895px
>>44779652
Do you guys see the big blue shiny metal ball in th background.

That's Malus. That was the Old World's core.
>>
>>44772546
Naw, Age of Sigmar seems super roomy.

It used to be cramped as fuck though, but since all that got blown out, problem solved.

Yes I troll
>>
>>44779694
No.

It's anti-Chaos metal. It's metal that radiates with Azyrite energies.
>>
>>44779708
Sigmar looks so pathetic in AoS compared to WHFB. He's no longer a massive angry German Barbarian, now he just looks like a rip off of the GEoM.
>>
File: Swigmar vs Hate.png (4MB, 1534x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar vs Hate.png
4MB, 1534x1292px
>>44779741
You take that back!
>>
>>44779738
I still think that the entire concept of 'Azyrite' and specific energies in magic is fucking retarded. All magic is one in the same, and it's mere through application of certain directions and certain favourable conditions that shape what the actual outcome of using it is.
>>
File: Swigmar vs Hope.png (2MB, 998x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar vs Hope.png
2MB, 998x1281px
>>44779776
>>
>>44779790
Nah.

WHFB always had the winds of magic. Chaos energy that enters the world breaks apart into 8 seperate winds that mages use for their magics.

Azyr or Wind of Heavens is one of them.
>>
>>44779776
He's a godly figure clad in gold and swinging around a weapon that radiates eldritch energy doing dumb things. He's a fucking clone of the God Emperor, and he is most definitely not the glorious, bare-chested, magic-despising glorious barbarian conqueror that Sigmar is.
>>
File: Swigmar vs Despair.png (4MB, 1536x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar vs Despair.png
4MB, 1536x1292px
>>44779801
We claim this thread in the name of Swigmar!
>>
>>44779643
REMOVE GREENSKIN remove greenskin
you are worst ork. you are the ork idiot you are the ork smell. return to darklands. to our darklands cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,goblins we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole ork stink goblin sqhipere shqipare..ork genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead ork..ahahahahahGOBLIN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget waaagh .Grimgor we kill the king , grimgor return to your precious zharrr….hahahahaha idiot ork and goblin smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE GREENSKIN FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. kislev+empire+tilea+bretonnia=kill goblin…you will waaagh/ tupac alive in badlands, tupac making album of badlands . fast rap tupac badlands. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink ork… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 in badlands ….fuck the darkands ,..FUCKk ashol orks no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the ork farm aminal with rap magic now we the badlnds rule .ape of the zoo empror karl franz fukc the great nurgle and lay egg this egg hatch and goblin wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. badlands greattst countrey

>accordion music starts playing
>>
File: Swigmar vs Lust.png (2MB, 998x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar vs Lust.png
2MB, 998x1280px
>>44779885
>>
>>44779385

Tip: nobody gives a fuck about ET and AoS.
>>
>>44779652
No, what you are doing is trolling in a really obvious fashion.

The End Times and Age of Sigmar has no applicability whatsoever to a discussion of Warhammer Fantasy. Bringing them up as a 'source' is nothing but a pathetic attempt to annoy people who actually like Warhammer.
>>
File: wfrp_welt.jpg (1MB, 4524x3093px) Image search: [Google]
wfrp_welt.jpg
1MB, 4524x3093px
>>44779174

Interesting.
>>
>>44779848
No, all magic is, essentially, Chaotic energy from the Realm of Magic. The existence of the 'Winds' is a false construct established by the Elves in order to rend down Magic into a force usable by humans, using a simplified version of their own magical system that emphasizes specific aspects within Magic in order to provide a method of using it without corruption. Also, in certain locations, certain aspects of Magic are emphasized while certain materials resonate with specific aspects of magic.

Humans already had their own magical talents prior to the establishment of the colleges, which is seen in places like Kislev, which utilizes their own unique brand of magic that functions outside the idea of the Eight Winds, alongside a lot of minor hedge mages using magic that falls outside of the Eight Winds as well. All magic one you egg.
>>
File: Sigmar reborn.png (6MB, 1699x2199px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar reborn.png
6MB, 1699x2199px
>>44779851
>and he is most definitely not the glorious, bare-chested, magic-despising glorious barbarian conqueror that Sigmar is.

Sigmar despised magic? Sure fooled me when I read that his body was blessed with the power of Ulric in his novels.

Anyways, bearded Sigmar >>>>>>> Not beard Sigmar.

Look at him. LOOK! It's like a crystallization of manliness and kingship. PURE SEX!
>>
>>44778529
Again with the redditor
>Fantasy
>stagnate

Lmao, yep ET was soooo stagnant
>>
>>44779997
>Sigmar despised magic? Sure fooled me when I read that his body was blessed with the power of Ulric in his novels.

It's almost like there's a distinct difference between Godly blessings and Magic! Who would have thought?

>Anyways, bearded Sigmar >>>>>>> Not beard Sigmar.

Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>44780003

ET was trash. It was retarded bullshit written by horrible 40k writers.
>>
>>44780003
Up until The End Times killed it off, yeah, it was stagnant.
>>
>>44779938
Your post boils into "You don't get to bring it up because I don't like it".

Sorry pal, ET and AoS are connected to WHFB as they happen in a single universe and timeline. If you don't like official fluff, then feel free to bang your head on the wall. It might solve your autism.
>>
>>44779385
>>44779652

>The world had a giant pure metallic core. Source ET and AoS.

And Earth has a molten core as well, you hillbilly. Doesn't mean there aren't caverns or empty spaces.

There are such a thing as caves, dude.

I'm just wondering, given the Karaz Ankor, Under Empire and the Dark Beneath the World - how much of the Warhammer World is hollow.

I'm not saying it's hollow to the fucking core.

Twit.
>>
>>44780054
>Up until The End Times killed it off, yeah, it was stagnant.
It really wasn't. Except if you count the time where the GW studio retconned an event because the players decided that the good guys won.
>>
>>44779970
That's bullshit considering that the fluff heavily relies of the concept of the winds to function. Such you know the Vortex and Incarnates.

Wat's with the headcanon?
>>
>>44780063
>And Earth has a molten core as well,

Earth core is molten.

The Old World core is solid metal. There isn't much of the old world that is hollow.
>>
>>44779997
>>44779914
>>44779885
>>44779801
>>44779776
>>44779708
Holy shit this looks retarded. Why do AoS tards always try to shill their dead game? If I wanted to play 40k I would play 40k, not "le medieval 40k clone"
>>
>>44780109
lol

Incarnates are ET and AoS shit, and the Vortex is an Elven concept. Of course it would be reliant on the Elven basis of magical theory.
>>
>>44779970
>The existence of the 'Winds' is a false construct established by the Elves in order to rend down Magic into a force usable by humans

Incorrect. The Winds are a real thing. The lie that the Elves told was that they can't be blended. Elves do it all the time in High Magic, but they didn't think Humans could handle that shit so they told them 'Nah mate, it's one colour at a time'.

>Humans already had their own magical talents prior to the establishment of the colleges,

This is true. Illusionists, Elementalists, Alchemists ect ect.

Human magic used to be pretty general. The Elves taught the Empire to specialise - focus on one wind to get stronger results for battle.
>>
>>44780145
>Earth core is molten.
Earth core is part molten part solid.
>>
File: Sigmar.png (2MB, 810x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar.png
2MB, 810x1058px
>>44780151
>It's almost like there's a distinct difference between Godly blessings and Magic! Who would have thought?

Just saying I have never seen any fluff that says Sigmar hated magic.

>Confirmed for shit taste.

If you don't have a beard, then you are not a man. If you are not a man, then you are not fit to be a king.

Truefax.
>>
>>44780151
From what I can gather most people who like the game side are morons who think the rules being so awful it scared off anybody who cares about balance is a good thing. Because only WAAC assholes want the game to have good rules.

On the fluff side I have no idea, most people who liked the Warhammer setting are rightly disgusted at the shallow, cynical tripe it was replaced with.
>>
>>44780037
>>44780054
Doesn't matter, even without the end times or AoS, fantasy's plot actually moved and its writers actually tried to make it move
>>
File: Places of Death.png (428KB, 1046x571px) Image search: [Google]
Places of Death.png
428KB, 1046x571px
>>44780181
Nah, anon.

The Winds are a established part of the setting. It's not an "Elven theory"
>>
>>44778396
>It always disappointed me that there wasn't more imperial political fuckery in the setting.

Like what? The constant battles between the Emperor and disobedient Elector Counts? That bit where there was multiple competing dynasties for hundreds of years and the Empire was dead as a unified body?
>>
File: Sigmar's last battle round 2.png (4MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar's last battle round 2.png
4MB, 1536x2000px
But dat hair doe.
>>
>>44780187
>Incorrect. The Winds are a real thing. The lie that the Elves told was that they can't be blended. Elves do it all the time in High Magic, but they didn't think Humans could handle that shit so they told them 'Nah mate, it's one colour at a time'.

The Winds can be blended? Wow, it's almost like all that magic is the exact same thing then!

The Winds of Magic focus on the Elven approach to magic, which is using a purified form of Dhar in the form of Qhaysh. Essentially, Dhar is raw Chaotic magic, the 'Winds' are the method of purifying magic into a safer form, and Qhaysh is purified magic.

Magic can be affected by place, equipment, mindset and all that jazz, but functionally, all magic is the same, while the Winds are a means of purifying it. There are different ways of doing so, such as the Kislev Ice Mages, which shows that magic isn't just various 'winds'.
>>
Don't mind me, posting the only good Sigmar.
>>
>>44780196
Holy shit, I can't if you're being ironic or you're actually mentally retarded. You could say that picture is 40k fan art, and a majority of people would believe you. They basically look like space marines. AoS is so shit, no originality at all

>>44780205
Pretty much. Everyone I talked to that plays AoS didn't play fantasy. They moved from 40k to AoS because "oooooh it's just like 40k but with lizards and mummies!!!"

Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg (88KB, 581x1022px) Image search: [Google]
SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg
88KB, 581x1022px
This is a man I would follow to the gates of Brass Keep!
>>
>>44780196
>Just saying I have never seen any fluff that says Sigmar hated magic.

So confirmed for not knowing jack shit about WHFB, that explains a lot.

>If you don't have a beard, then you are not a man. If you are not a man, then you are not fit to be a king.

That explains why AoS sigmar is so shit. He has a beard, so he can't be the Emperor of the Empire.
>>
>>44780325
Pretty sure it's been stated that various winds blow stronger or weaker at various times and that wizards find it easier to tap certain winds in certain locations. Such as Shyish in a graveyard or Aqshy in a volcano.
>>
>>44780408
>So confirmed for not knowing jack shit about WHFB, that explains a lot.

Give me a source that says that Sigmar hates magic because it sure is not in his novels that portray like all his life!

>That explains why AoS sigmar is so shit. He has a beard, so he can't be the Emperor of the Empire.

However, he is the God King of 8 Realms, each a universe in its vastness.

A little step up from being an emperor of a single nation.
>>
>>44780348
I do mind.

Look at your Sigmar. He is no king of men.
>>
>>44780361
Funny thing is that AoS stopped lots of people supporting 40k.

They looked at the way GW has been steering the game and got paranoid their game was going to be taken the same direction rules wise.
>>
>>44780557
He is chosen by the comet, chief of the Umberogens, destroyer of the greenskins, saviour of the Dwarven King and, Emperor of Men and God of the Empire.
>>
File: Swigmar (closeup).png (478KB, 394x476px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar (closeup).png
478KB, 394x476px
>>44780557
Now this is a king.

Look at them pure Aryan features. He is not the ubermensch?
>>
>>44780145
>The Old World core is solid metal. There isn't much of the old world that is hollow.

Except Karaz Ankor, The Dark Beneath the World and the Under Empire of the Skaven?

Not to mention the underground OCEAN that the Dark Elves use to bypass the High Elf navy.

A big chunk of empty space down there, sonny boy.

>>44780325
>The Winds can be blended? Wow, it's almost like all that magic is the exact same thing then!

Yeah. Just like Water and Milk can be blended. Both are liquids. Doesn't mean there isn't a difference between water and milk.

Magic comes into the Warhammer world and fragments into the winds. Dhar is pure magic - what happens when all the winds combine just right. But it's also dangerous and corruptive.

It doesn't need help to split, it does it on it's own.
>>
File: Barbarian Jesus.jpg (572KB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian Jesus.jpg
572KB, 1536x2000px
Majestic.
>>
>>44780486
>>44780557
>>44780697
Sigmar = "NOT" Emperor
Stormcast = "NOT" Space Marines

What the fuck, I didn't mean it when I said AoS was a 40k rip off....but fuck, you're really doing a lot to convince me otherwise
>>
>>44780800
I hope this is some deviantart fanshit, because it's pretty awful
>>
You would think they would hire someone capable of actually doing good art for their pointless new game. But I suppose its silly to expect that to be handled less incompetently than anything else about it.
>>
>>44780834
I am not doing anything but post pictures of glorious (Bearded) Sigmar and glorying in his godly manliness.
>>
File: 47796750_p8.jpg (452KB, 750x752px) Image search: [Google]
47796750_p8.jpg
452KB, 750x752px
>>44780062
>they happen in a single universe and timeline
>and timeline

No you retard.

There are at least 3 timelines now. The Reckoning, End Times and Storm of Chaos.

All are different and can't happen in the same timeline.

Warhammer Total War will most likely introduce another timeline too.
>>
>>44781233
Nope.

The only official timeline is End Times for the TT game which is what matters and GW cares about. When discussing WHFB lore you don't get to dismiss End Times and AoS unless you want to continue being autistic.
>>
>>44773022
>Oasis of a Thousand and One Camels
>>
>>44780218
The closest that setting came to moving was whatever the Black Library writers wrote to fill in story gaps after that mess of a cop-out that was Storm of Magic.
>>
>>44781415
>Albion
>Conquest of the New World
>>
>>44781317

I can dismiss anything I want you retarded faggot.

Warhammer rpg happens in Storm of Chaos timeline. Meaning AoS is worthless non canon piece of shit to me.

Fuck off to your containment thread.
>>
>>44781317
WHFB is discontinued so the Ent Times timeline isn't supported anymore, the community has to fall back on the closest supported one, the Storm of Chaos timeline.

Plus, My Dudes(tm) follow the Storm of Chaos timeline. Priestley and Alessio always said Warhammer was first and foremost about your dudes.
>>
>>44779018
There's a reason they are called the world's edge mts....
>>
>>44781500
Nope, your RPGs are third party material which is irrelevant to the discussion of the GW's own main setting. Nobody cares about RPGs, it's the TT that's the focus of both the company and fanbase.
>>
>>44781580
As a TT game is over but as a it continued as a story/setting in AoS.

So when we discuss Warhammer universe lore, ET and AoS are parts and eras in it.
>>
>>44781681
As a TT game it is over but as universe/setting/story it continued in AoS.
>>
>>44781681
>As a TT game is over but as a it continued as a story/setting in AoS.
If WHFB players want to play in a live setting, they have to play WHRP setting. Therefore what's relevant is the live setting. You may be butthurt about it but that's how it goes, neither GW nor its shills can't really do shit about it.

You're not helping yourself here.
>>
>>44779174
>>44780790
>>44780145

First of all, you got the numbers wrong.

Warhammer World
Diameter (poles): 20,490 km
Circumference (poles): 64,374 km
Surface area: 131,9070,057 km^2

Earth
Diameter (poles): 12,712 km
Circumference (poles): 39,942 km
Surface area: 507682099 km^2

But let's math this bitch out.

What we need to know is the Mass, Volume and Density of the Warhammer world. Let's assume that the gravitation acceleration is the same at 9.81 m/s2.

So let's find it out.

Earth
Diameter (poles): 12,712 km
Circumference (poles): 39,942 km
Surface area: 507682099 km^2
Density: 5.51g/cm^3
Volume:1.08 km^3
Mass:5.972E+24kg

Based on the numbers for the Warhammer World (WW) we can figure out:

Warhammer World
Diameter (poles): 20,490 km
Circumference (poles): 64,374 km
Surface area: 131,9070,057 km^2
Density:3.42 g/cm^3
Volume: 4.44 km^3
Mass: 1.52E+25 kg

So, from the looks of things - with the Warhammer World being so much bigger but with the same gravitational constant, it has a significantly lower density - a mere 62% the density of Earth, spread out over nearly 411% of the volume but with a mass that is an order of magnitude higher.

In conclusion:

No shit the center of the Warhammer World is a solid metal lump. It would have to be.

But the rest of the inner workings of the world must be literally riddled with holes, caverns and empty space.
>>
>>44781744
Nobody is butthurt but you, anon.

GW's main setting follows the storyline from of WHFB going to ET and then to AoS. That's the official timeline and universe..

If you want muck around in a third party material go ahead but doesn't expect that lore to trump GW's in a discussion about the lore.

>neither GW nor its shills can't really do shit about it.

GW can tell FFG to pull the plug on the WHRP and start making an AoS RP.
>>
>>44781317

What about Blood Bowl, you fucking Mongoloid?
>>
>>44781955
A joke setting.

Does GW care about and focus on it like their TT (Warhammer and 40K) settings?
>>
>>44781624

The RPGs were all licensed through GW and had to go through approval before anything was released. Read you a book.
>>
>>44781856
>Science confirms Hollow Warhammer World Theory.
>>
>>44781878
>GW can tell FFG to pull the plug on the WHRP and start making an AoS RP.
Players wouldn't still move to AoS and sales would still be dropping despite the increasing number of releases.

And Storm of Chaos would still be canon for the community.
>>
>>44782002
>Does GW care about and focus on it like their TT (Warhammer and 40K) settings?

Well, they've come out and said they are picking it back up and supporting it again.

So yes.

Additionally, Warhammer Fantasy has about 6 canon different timelines. The primary timeline is the one that follows End Times and Age of Sigmar, because that's the one that's currently primarily supported.

But that doesn't make any of the other timelines less official. They're just secondary.
>>
>>44782004
So are Dawn of War and Space Marine which follow a different timeline than TT setting.

Both the RPGs and those vidya games are worthless when discussing the main setting.

Also I liked up something.

>http://www.orderofgamers.com/wfrp-3rd-edition-is-dead-long-live-wfrp/

FFG discontinued WHRP third edition and created their own WHRP books. Does the new RPG books follow Storm of Chaos Anyone got a pdf link?
>>
>>44782119
looked something up*
>>
>>44782066
Nope, the only canon timeline is what GW decides, not you guys.

The rest are a joke setting that was never serious, vidya fabrications, and third party crap.

None of them are supported by GW, except Bloodbowl.

>>44782027
Canon for you, you mean.

But I think I caught you in a lie. You said WHRP is supported. I just found out it has been dead for 2 years.

Instead of reprinting old 2006 books, FFG started producing their own books. Can anyone tell me if they still follow the Storm of Chaos or have they gone a different route?
>>
>>44782119
>Both the RPGs and those vidya games are worthless when discussing the main setting.

And this is why you fail.

Both the RPGs and Video Games have to follow a certain standard. They are allowed a lot of leeway, but they still carry weight when discussing the settings as a whole.

Thinking that the RPGs and Video games don't count is like saying that Black Library novels don't count and you should only discuss what was released in the Army Books. Or that Forge World isn't valid.

To give you a better idea that might sink into your head: think of Star Wars.

With the release of The Force Awakens, a lot of previously released material is no longer canon. It is, however, still setting relevant, as the same ideas and themes carry over and it's worth taking into consideration with the direction they are following.
>>
>>44782401
>Nope, the only canon timeline is what GW decides, not you guys.
>The rest are a joke setting that was never serious, vidya fabrications, and third party crap.
>None of them are supported by GW, except Bloodbowl.

Which is probably why Blood Bowl, WFRP and the Video Games are all licensed by GW.

Warhammer isn't an open source, dipshit. Everything produced has been backed by Games Workshop.

It may not be used for the Tabletop game, but that doesn't mean that it's not canon in their respective timelines.
>>
>>44782401
>Nope, the only canon timeline is what GW decides, not you guys.

You're right. GW decideds that.

Not you.

GW backed and supported WFRP, Blood Bowl and the Video Games.
>>
>>44782528
>GW is gonna support Radiousmod Warhammer edition
the possibilities are endless.
>>
>>44782421
>Both the RPGs and Video Games have to follow a certain standard. They are allowed a lot of leeway, but they still carry weight when discussing the settings as a whole.

No, they don't.

Not as much weight as the main setting lore.

>Thinking that the RPGs and Video games don't count is like saying that Black Library novels don't count and you should only discuss what was released in the Army Books. Or that Forge World isn't valid.

GW, BL, and FW are all the same company and as per GW's own policy the only entities empowered to create IP/canon for the setting. What's within their books is the main setting.

> It is, however, still setting relevant

But are relevant enough than the actual canon? When discussing the true canon, you go with the true canon first and foremost. You don't rage at anons when someone mentions Midoclorians and throw an autistic fit.
>>
>>44782465
>>44782528

You

see

>>44782613

Them being licensed means jack and shit. None of their creations are canon unless GW ports them into their setting.
>>
>>44782656
I would like to add that this policy was likely created by GW to avoid another Malal incident.
>>
>>44782613
>Not as much weight as the main setting lore.

Not as much weight as the main setting lore for the main setting.

For example: In 1ed WFRP - The Enemy Within, Karl Franz was depicted as a weakling who was just being used by a power behind the throne.

Now clearly, that's not the case with the tabletop - or even with 2ed WFRP. But it was still a part of the 1ed setting and carries some interesting connotations as to what could happen if the Empire was ruled by a different power.

In Blood Bowl they discover the teachings of Nuffle and it offers an alternative version of the modern Warhammer world were war has been replaced by Grid Iron.

In Storm of Chaos we see the repercussions of a Chaos Invasion that decimated the Empire but was ultimately thrown back - offering an interesting view as to how people survive and cope in those environments.

All of this is canon in their own timelines, just not for the End Times/AoS one that GW uses for the tabletop game.

>GW, BL, and FW are all the same company and as per GW's own policy the only entities empowered to create IP/canon for the setting. What's within their books is the main setting.

Exactly. And WFRP had to pass throw them and be permitted by them for creation.

>But are relevant enough than the actual canon? When discussing the true canon, you go with the true canon first and foremost. You don't rage at anons when someone mentions Midoclorians and throw an autistic fit.

True, but you don't go 'Hurr durr, the Force is not at all magical or mystic, it's all midochlorians'.

It's still relevant and worth discussion, because it also demonstrates the evolution of the setting. It's important to remember that the Warhammer world is an evolving and changing one.
>>
>>44782656
>Them being licensed means jack and shit. None of their creations are canon unless GW ports them into their setting.

Wrong. GW licensed and supported their creation, so they are canon within their own continuities and part of the large Alternative settings available to Warhammer and 40K.

They can't just make shit up and add it in - it has to pass through GW filters and censors first so it fits in with what they want for the setting and creation.

But if they create something, pass it to GW and say 'Is this okay to put into a licensed Warhammer product that will be released with your branding on it' and GW give it the okay and release it - guess what! It's canon for that AU.
>>
>>44782656
>Them being licensed means jack and shit. None of their creations are canon unless GW ports them into their setting.

Are you stoned?

Being licensed means GW has given approval for the material it releases.

Total War is licensed for their Warhammer game, do you think that means they can add in whatever the fuck they want?
>>
>>44782773
>All of this is canon in their own timelines, just not for the End Times/AoS one that GW uses for the tabletop game.

To GW and the rest of the world, the only thing that is canon is the timeline that features dead ET and AOS.

Why are you bringing timelines from dead systems and excepting them to be as relevant as the main one? Why gives a fuck?

>Exactly. And WFRP had to pass throw them and be permitted by them for creation.

WHRP is dead.

And whatever FFG creates and brings back is not canon. The quote about the GW policy was given when a question about FFG's canonical value was raised in fact.

>True, but you don't go 'Hurr durr, the Force is not at all magical or mystic, it's all midochlorians'.

If the true canon says so, then it is. There is no room for wiggling here.

>It's important to remember that the Warhammer world is an evolving and changing one.

Yes, and when having a discussion about its current state we go with the current lore. Unless the subject of the thread is about the changes of the setting.
>>
>>44782973
>WHRP is dead.

First, it's WFRP.

Second, it's unsupported. Like Battle Fleet Gothic, Mordheim, Inquisitor. It's not dead. All of the material released for it don't suddenly become null and void.

>Why are you bringing timelines from dead systems and excepting them to be as relevant as the main one? Why gives a fuck?

Discontinued systems. For the same reason that bringing up BFG and Inquisitor is still relevant when discussing 40k.

>Yes, and when having a discussion about its current state we go with the current lore. Unless the subject of the thread is about the changes of the setting.

True, but we're not discussing the current state. We're discussing the setting as a whole. Which covers all the growth and changes it's experienced.
>>
>>44782870
>Wrong. GW licensed and supported their creation, so they are canon within their own continuities and part of the large Alternative settings available to Warhammer and 40K.

Nope, not canon to the continuity that matters which is GW's.

Nobody cared about the whole alternatives settings except anons very recently. The thing is GW doesn't care. It gives them approval to make a game about their setting and do whatever to make it work. GW get the money and whatever inventions and lore-rape they create matters not for GW.

>>44782870
Nope, just that whatever happens in those games are not canon to GW. Like I said, third party companies are not empowered to create canon/IP.

They got the approval just to create the games and make them work somehow
>>
>>44783115
>They got the approval just to create the games and make them work somehow

Exactly. Which means anything in the games or material they release has to be approved canon from GW in the first place.

They can't create new canon or IP.

They have to use pre-existing canon and IP, and have it approved by GW.
>>
>>44783115
>>44782656
>>44782973

Idiots arguing over what's canon or relevant to the Warhammer setting without actually discussing anything in the Warhammer setting.

Fuckwits.
>>
>>44781372
Well, if I ever end up deciding to make another WHFB army, it's going to be the guardians of the Oaisis of One hundred and one camels
>>
>>44783047
>Second, it's unsupported. Like Battle Fleet Gothic, Mordheim, Inquisitor. It's not dead. All of the material released for it don't suddenly become null and void.

It's dead.

All material within have mostly overwritten and retconned. Rendering it obsolete.

FFG has produced new WHRP books to replace it. I am still waiting for the pdf. by the way.

>Discontinued systems. For the same reason that bringing up BFG and Inquisitor is still relevant when discussing 40k.

BFG and Inquisitor happen in the same setting and timeline of the 40K TT. So indeed they are relevant.

>True, but we're not discussing the current state. We're discussing the setting as a whole. Which covers all the growth and changes it's experienced.

The threads subject implies it and if we are covering all the growth and changes, then you (or perhaps another anon) wouldn't have raged when ET or AoS were mentioned.
>>
>>44783214
Blame that idiot who spreged over the End Times. All of this would have been avoided if he just shut the hell up.

>>44783158
>They have to use pre-existing canon and IP, and have it approved by GW.

Except that the quote was in response about whether FFG or third party companies works can be considered canon. The third party companies invent stuff or twist the lore to make it fit into the games. So you should know why GW has reservations in acknowledging them as canon.
>>
>>44783269
>>44783269
>wouldn't have raged when ET or AoS were mentioned.

ET and AoS are as important to a discussion of the growth of the Warhammer setting as Storm of Chaos or WFRP.

>FFG has produced new WHRP books to replace it. I am still waiting for the pdf. by the way.

Then google it?

>All material within have mostly overwritten and retconned. Rendering it obsolete.

WFRP hasn't been overwritten or retconned - it's specifically a separate timeline. Has been since 1ed.

2ed WFRP updated the timeline to 2525ish, and set it Post-Storm of Chaos.

But WFRP is distinct from WFB. Material from one is worth considering for the other, but you wouldn't say End Times is Canon for WFRP for the same reason you wouldn't say The Enemy Within is canon for Age of Sigmar.

Different timelines, both canonical within their own settings.
>>
>>44783401
>Then google it?

You are the RPG dude. You should have bought the new FFG books already.

>ET and AoS are as important to a discussion of the growth of the Warhammer setting as Storm of Chaos or WFRP.

More so considering that it is the main canon.

>WFRP hasn't been overwritten or retconned - it's specifically a separate timeline. Has been since 1ed.

It as has Khaine as human god and the Slann as the Old Ones. I think we can dismiss it as overwritten. Also I think it had half Orcs?

>2ed WFRP updated the timeline to 2525ish, and set it Post-Storm of Chaos.

Has originally released a year after Storm of Chaos then brought back by FFG for bit then killed off in favor of their books.

There is but one timeline that matters to the warhammer. If you want to discuss obsolete things, then you have your WHRPG thread over there.

I mean the other anon said you wanted a living setting. WHRP is dead and no longer supported. If you want to play a living setting, then play the new FFG books. Though, I bet they wouldn'r be including Storm of Chaos in their lore.
>>
>>44783589
>You are the RPG dude. You should have bought the new FFG books already.

And why should that mean I have pdfs, or would want to upload them?

>More so considering that it is the main canon.

Depends on what your discussing. If you're discussing stuff set during the End Times, or Age of Sigmar then definitely. But if you're talking about stuff like the founding of the Warhammer World by the Great Old One, then it's more open for interpretation.

>It as has Khaine as human god and the Slann as the Old Ones. I think we can dismiss it as overwritten. Also I think it had half Orcs?

Yes, which is why it's worth using in discussing the evolution of the setting and it's origins. Just because some stuff has been corrected, doesn't mean none of it is relevant.

>Though, I bet they wouldn'r be including Storm of Chaos in their lore.

FFG picked up with the same setting they used in 2ed. Their biggest contribution was a change of the mechanics they used.
>>
>>44783269

If you idiots want to ignore fluff and resources because something newer replaced it, by our guests. You're the ones missing out.
>>
>>44781233
Isn't Oldhammer also a timeline? Half-orcs, skinny slanns, etc
>>
>>44781317
ET isn't WHFB epilogue but AoS prologue.
WHFB =/= AoS
>>
>>44784035

Yeppers.

It looks like, as far as timelines go, we've got:

WFB - End Times - AoS
WFB - WFRP 1ed - The Enemy Within
WFB - Storm of Chaos - WFRP 2ed/3ed
WFB - Blood Bowl

At least. There are probably more, depending on where Warhammer Forge and some of the Black Library publications fit in.
>>
>>44781856
Molemen army fucking when.
>>
>>44784212
Clan Moulder can hook you up.
>>
why couldn't he and archaon just have been the lost primarchs

why

why did they have to do this
>>
>>44784248
Clan Moulder didn't reach the center of the earth. Rats live near the surface.
>>
>>44772546
>Ind
>Araby
>Nippon
>Cathay

There was plenty of room. I never found out which book it was but apparently Ind has a Chaos tower full of Lion Beastmen eternally locked in battle with Elf warriors to forestall the end of the world.

>>44772664
>>44773174
>cooperative /tg/ fluff

You would have thought that after the failure of the Unified Setting, Tiji Sector, and the AU Heresy people would understand that /tg/ cannot make good cooperative settings.
>>
>>44784325

They do prefer the surface, but of all the major races of the Warhammer setting, they've probably had the most comprehensive exploration of the deepest areas.

I mean shit, they've got a Warp Train down there.
>>
>>44784330
>You would have thought that after the failure of the Unified Setting, Tiji Sector, and the AU Heresy people would understand that /tg/ cannot make good cooperative settings.

Eh, I'll wait till it's finished. End Hammer has some promise.
>>
>>44784384
>End Hammer has some promise.

That's what everyone on /tg/ has always said about their Warhammer homebrew "community project" and it always has the same result.
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220KB, 3000x3000px
>>44784463

k.
>>
>>44772546
The fluff of Warhammer Fantasy was amazing, especially since half the world was unexplored and lots of it was unknown. The fact that it had a very well defined setting and theme made it easy to create identities in the world.

If you read many of the black library stories set in the warhammer world such as Felix and Gotrek, Blackhearts and many of the older stories, you'll find it to be a rather colourful and even flamboyant character to it while remaining exotic.

The warhammer world was original and amazing and what made it great was that it had that old English fantasy theme of feeling mature and authentic while retaining mystique and was also able to relate the viewer into the story intimately. It was a feeling I can also identify with a lot of traditional folk stories and fairy tales that didn't focus too much on explaining the source of all the crazy stuff that happens, but more on showing you the story development and introducing new crazy things.

>>44772651
Very sad too. The new setting feels too "marvel'y", it definitely killed the old medieval feel of Warhammer. It now just feels like that setting where all the Norse Gods lived in the Thor movie. People now just love coming up with futuristic cheesy shit without even making it cool.
>>
>>44780834
I'll remind you that:
>dwarves:not neckbeards (and sometimes not manlets)
>space marines: not fa/tg/uys
>orks: not autistic fucks
>eldar: not beautiful alpha athletic successful people
>imperial guard: not normies

Why do you think the Eldar are bashed so ruthlessly in the lore while being perfect 11/10? Why do you think most of /tg/ hates elves? It all comes down to the degenerates that usually play and make these games. Tolkien for example, was not a degenerate so elves got adequate respect in his setting. I've always been grossed out by Space marines and everything they do from their appearance to their actions, it exuded greasy fat fucks with neckbeards.
>>
>>44784777

Eh. The new Sigmar/Stormcast essentially being Emperor/Space Marines is basically the same as the Eldar/Dark Eldar being identical to High/Dark Elves.
>>
>>44784531
>can't prove me wrong so he just calls my post bait

Well meme'd, friend.
>>
>>44779708
It's trying so hard to mix together the 1600s style stuff Warhammer Fantasy had with some new epic, viking Ragnarok style badassery, but it falls apart since it's so similar to the old, but amazingly different from it.
>>
>>44785257

Your response just makes you sound like you were trying to bait someone into an argument.

>>44785044

Don't forget Dwarves = Squats.
>>
>>44784325
>>44784352

How deep have the rats gone?
>>
>>44785291
But it's true.

>Oh man, we're gonna [ rebalance WHFB/40k/D&D ] / [ make a new army ] / [ make a new setting] / [make a new game ] fuck year /tg/

>three months later the only thing made is a 1d4chan page, 20 "brainstorming" threads, and nothing playable

Once you realize that this is true you will stop being disappointed by the constant failure of /tg/ to get shit done and if /tg/ ever does get shit done you will appreciate it more.
>>
>>44785611

See

(>>44785291)
>Your response just makes you sound like you were trying to bait someone into an argument.
>>
>>44785611

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying you're a troll. People are already using the End Hammer material.
>>
>>44785518

Well the Skaven delve deeper than Dwarfish Holds for a start. And some of the Skavens deepest mine shafts are supposed to go down for thousands of yards.

So...pretty deep, I'd guess.
>>
>>44784777
Wtf are you even talking about?
>>
>>44775339
I AM AN EVIL HEMATOPHAGE FROM VAMPIRICAL BLOODVANIA
>>
File: Magpies-Stuff.jpg (533KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
Magpies-Stuff.jpg
533KB, 1200x927px
>>44784330
>>44784384
yeah... /tg/ has shiny object syndrome, finds cool ideas, piles up screencaps and WiPs, then moves on the next.
>>
>>44779776
>>44779801
>>44779885
>>44779914
Wasn't Sigmar a an armorless barbarian without a beard and blond who fought a bunch of Orcs?
>>
>>44786811
Yes. Yes he was.
>>
>>44772546
No.

The End Times is, though, but since it was so bad it doesn't count as canon.
>>
File: image.jpg (274KB, 630x907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274KB, 630x907px
>>44779776
Conan Sigmar was better than Marvel's Thor Sigmar.
>>
>>44779708
>>44779776
>>44779801
>>44779885
>>44779914
>>44780196
>>44780557
>>44780800
I remember when Warhammer art used to range from good to great. Now it's largely from shit to mediocre. Even more obvious so with AoS. These pictures are unbelievably bad compared to the older artwork.
>>
>>44776649
Then the empire is far larger than Germany.
>>
>>44779741
I think the saddest thing about about AoS is that despite being the first emperor of the empire and then the god of the empire, they have to called Sigmar a God-King so people don't confuse him for 40k's God Emperor.
>>
>>44787233
I don't think that's the saddest thing, but it's telling that the writers were told to ignore the old fluff to a heavy degree.
>>
>>44787202

Yeah, read the rest of the thread: It looks about equal to 2 x Germany.
>>
File: 1359013132374.png (558KB, 447x590px) Image search: [Google]
1359013132374.png
558KB, 447x590px
I wonder if GW will even understand the magnitude of their mistake. And if the braindead shills will stop spewing End Times crap in Warhammer threads.

Sadly both seem unlikely.
>>
>>44787792
GW seemed convinced until 10 years ago that the Internet was just a fluke that would go away and not have any impact on the general market. I'll say that they probably are clueless about a lot of things.
>>
>>44787792
>stop spewing End Times crap

Hey, I'm a Warhammer lover and I still think End Times was better than Storm of Chaos.

I'd prefer it if Order and the rest of the setting had survived, but End Times was definitely better executed than Storm of Chaos.

The best thing to come from the End Times has been Endhammer.
>>
>>44788003
Both End Times and Storm of Chaos was shitty. Ignore both of them. End Times was also more retarded than Storm of Chaos.
>>
>>44788022
>Both End Times and Storm of Chaos was shitty. Ignore both of them.

They weren't done well, but at least something was tried. I preferred the Nemesis Crown and the Quest for Albion better as far as campaigns go. At least there was some interesting stuff for both SoC and ET.

>End Times was also more retarded than Storm of Chaos.

Eh. End Times didn't have the same 'Us vs Them' feel that Storm did, which I was happier with, but we didn't get a chance to play through End Times like we did with Storm, which I think was retarded.
>>
>>44788003
>better executed

In what possible sense?

>>44788022
Storm of Chaos is good for the RPG, the aftermath makes an interesting setting. I just wish we could go back to being so innocent that the cheating with the chaos results was suddenly a horrible and shocking thing again.
>>
>>44779776
>>44779801
>>44779885
>>44779914
These all look like illustrations made to feature an archetypal demon, which then had Sigmar photoshopped on in a convenient spot with no real regard for scale or facing.
>>
>>44788071
Storm of Chaos at least does have elements that you can work with. They should really had Archaon take Middenheim at the begining and made it about retaking the city.
>>
File: 1422467421300.jpg (26KB, 265x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422467421300.jpg
26KB, 265x500px
Let me just settle this real quick....

"Grimgor is da best!!"

And Storm of Chaos is the true timeline. GW is dead. Gee Dubs is some face stealer that is ruining its legacy. AOS A SHIT
>>
No.44788259 Faggot
>>
>>44787900
GW does seem to be behind on the times. I mean they're only just now selling T-shirts. That's something most Lets-Players do a week after posting their first video
>>
>>44788071

>In what possible sense?

Scope. Scale.

Say this for the End Times - at least it felt like a serious invasion.

Storm of Chaos felt like a kiddies version of a Chaos Incursion.
>>
>>44788901
Storm of Chaos was HUGE, pretending otherwise is just absurd. Having entire nations destroyed without any serious resistance like End Times did is not how you make an invasion 'serious', its just bad, spiteful writing.

Or are you saying the fact it failed because it relied on actual game results makes it small?
>>
>>44779965
Literally Earth.
>>
>>44788901

Having played during the Storm of Chaos.....no.
Storm of Chaos felt like the battles fought had meaning, where the advance of the Chaos armies could be held back and the fate of the campaign was not predetermined.

.....except for the bit where they decided to functionally teleport Archaon's main force to Middenheim, because they had planned *plot* to occur and the defending armies were too damned good to let him near otherwise.

End Times was basically "Lol, you lose!"
>>
>>44784629
Warhammer wasn't medieval it was Renaissance you fucking dolt shit eating americunt
>>
>>44788901
>Storm of Chaos felt like a kiddies version of a Chaos Incursion
Did you even play it you cockgobbling retard ?
>>
>>44789247
I'm glad I'm not your geography teacher, because they fucked up hard.
>>
>>44789554
>Brettonia
>Renaissance
>Elves
>Renaissance
>Dwarfs
>Renaissance

Holy shit literally kill yourself
>>
>>44789801
You're right, dwarves are past Renaissance era, they even have Luddites.
>>
>>44789513
>>44789602

Chaos babies will always shit on Storm of Chaos because their shitty Gary Stu lost.
>>
>>44790006
Please go back and first try to figure out what Gary Stu means.
>>
>>44788022
>>44788003
Nagash was pretty good,Glottkin was kinda strange but models were great. Khaine and that skaven one went downhill,and Archaon would be good if not the ending
Also they really fucked up Drachenfelts character
>>
File: 1314679910531.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1314679910531.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>44772546

its wierd but it feels to me they canned the setting which was rich and had a lot of unexplored stuff just so Black Library can write stupid weekly short stories about giant golden homos fighting in forests of mirrors and blood without repercussions you know what I mean?
>>
>>44789801
>what's Empire

retard
>>
That's a good thing though. Snowflake fluff is the most cringeworthy part of 40k.
>>
File: 1343194335554.png (26KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1343194335554.png
26KB, 419x296px
>>44791787

>muh spiritual liege
>muh wacky necrons
>muh grey knight sister hats
>muh Tau are a galactic threat
>>
>>44789513
>.....except for the bit where they decided to functionally teleport Archaon's main force to Middenheim, because they had planned *plot* to occur and the defending armies were too damned good to let him near otherwise.

Fucking this, I am still bitter that GW decided they HAD to stick to a pre-determined narrative. It's like the bloody star wars prequels in how perpetually annoying that is somehow.

Could have been just as interesting and more fitting to have Chaos stuck in a grinding, WW1 style attrition war barely across from the boarders of Kislev, trying to break through until they lost confidence in Archaon and started infighting on a massive scale.

Which is kinda what happened but with a big retarded finale outside Middenheim (because they at least stopped short of fighting in the streets as planned) rather than it making much sense.
>>
>>44792032
Basically GW is a butthurt GM that later wrote a butthurt revenge campaign where the players lose.
>>
>>44792106

>studio is full of chaosfags even though elves consistently got imba books

da fuk
>>
>>44792106
Sure feels like it.
Though I'd not attribute that to being the actual cause.
>>
>>44792254
No, it's clearly the sales divisions idea to run a rushed 6 months event that kills off the entire setting to make room for a setting made to appeal to kids.
>>
>>44791755
>one fraction is renaissance
>so the whole setting renaissance

Holy shit kill yourself, there is multiple times periods represented in the setting, renaissance to industrial revolution to medieval
>>
File: Storm-of-what-if-1.png (350KB, 1080x1223px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-of-what-if-1.png
350KB, 1080x1223px
>>44792032
>Bringing up dead SoC refluff from the dusty archives for relevance

I agree though that the setting should have revolved around the games. I mean that's the whole point of hosting those kinds of player interactive games correct?

GW just doesn't have much creative insight other than "lolchaos"
>>
>>44788130

I think you're right, actually. Isn't Sigmar in the Tzeentch pic in exactly the same stance as the Slaneesh pic, just a bit more zoomed in? Copy/paste sigmar does it again.
>>
>>44772546
It has masses of nameless forest, wasteland, jungle, desert etc.

What do you want?
>>
Every time there's WHFB discussion the same AoS cunts come and shit it up, the same images with the same filenames going "Swigmar is epic"
>>
File: 1424934699013.png (229KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1424934699013.png
229KB, 623x469px
>>44793559
its not their fault they are 12.

Let them play their dying system.
>>
>>44793656
>dying
>stillborn*
Fix'd
>>
>>44794580
ty
>>
>>44780800
that looks fucking shit.
>>
File: (Can't Wake Up).gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
(Can't Wake Up).gif
2MB, 448x252px
>TFW you discovered Warhammer too late
>>
File: 1436911171786.jpg (57KB, 607x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436911171786.jpg
57KB, 607x500px
>>44794753
It looks like he is wearing a fucking leotard.

This is the true sigmar right here faggots. None of this gay ass "Swigmar" shit.

GWs pathetic attempt has flopped. All that rich story and fluff. Fucking gone.
>>
>>44794973
I've never been a fan of Sigmar as Conan desu. He was chieftain of a tribe with like, iron age tech levels and a king both by birth and conquest. Keep the iron thews by all means, but put a beard and some proper regalia over it, with all the furs and fine clothes dwarven gold can buy.
>>
File: 1435184491890.png (1MB, 883x636px) Image search: [Google]
1435184491890.png
1MB, 883x636px
>>44795083
Fine.. Here.

And he was Conan like in his early years until he hooked up with the dwarves.

I suppose he should not have Galz in this pic.
>>
>>44772546
Not really. If anything there's a shocking lack of detail.

Look at it this way: the Warhammer World is basically our world at a certain point of time except we lost 90% of recorded history and had to fill in the gaps with elves and dragons. There is AMPLE space to make your fluff, up to and including entire nations.
>>
>>44795108
That's more like it. I'm impressed you had that to hand.
>>
File: 1451900685045.png (601KB, 543x576px) Image search: [Google]
1451900685045.png
601KB, 543x576px
>>44795145
My asshole is still burning about that beautiful world just going to the wind because GW needed more sales from their SM players.

I loved that world and its lore. And now its gone.
>>
File: stormcasts1.jpg (177KB, 920x620px) Image search: [Google]
stormcasts1.jpg
177KB, 920x620px
>>44795188

Now you can create your own worlds for your Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodborne to fight over!
>>
>>44795188
You've been freed from being emotionally invested in a brand, and are now emotionally invested in a shared creative project from a community of like-minded enthusiasts.
>>
File: 1450746297403.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450746297403.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>44795215
Stop please.
>>
>>44795188
I think it was hard to keep up two games going with a lot of fans at the best of times, and GW didn't make things easy. It'd be hard to convince people to buy two fairly expensive armies and rulebooks to play two different games. I heard that WFB was doing horribly, even with the End Times trying to drum up new interest, so I'm not sure even the old good GW could have salvaged it.

That said, I don't know why people are acting like it's all gone. Thousands of people still play older editions of D&D - why can't you just pick up the last edition of WFB that you thought was good and keep playing it as it was? I'd love to do that. It'd make that army of Bretonnians I wasted my money on worth it.
>>
>>44795230
I actually like this thinking.

Thanks anon.

>>44795270
Some GW managers do not allow people to play 8th in their stores and a lot of people do not have tables of their own.

WFB was not doing bad all of a sudden.
It was a gradual thing. Tbh if prob started with the SoC fiasco.
>>
>>44795270
WFB was making a profit and was the 3rd best selling wargame less than five years ago with 40k being first obviously.

Its declining sales were purely due to the rules and pricing decisions GW made for 8th edition.
>>
>>44781233
How are each timeline different? And can some of it fixed with a warp of the west kind of thing?
>>
>>44795316
>probably started with the whole SoC fiasco

Well yeah actively telling the entirety of your fan base to go fuck themselves probably doesn't lend well to corporate positivity.

Do they even do Gamesday events anymore? I live by Rosemont and I can't even tell you the last one I went too after SoC
>>
>>44795188
You should also be angry that not even the SM players want it. It's a failure across the board.
>>
>>44772546

While I agree the setting can be a bit tight when it comes to wide-ranging events, I personally enjoy the most out of it when running small stories (we play using 2e), something for which the highly-detailed nature of the Old World is very good.

The brutality of the system and the mix of hopelessness and humour of the setting lend themselves well to tales of mismatched bands of survivors who were not meant to be doing whatever they are doing (the doing of which is most likely going to get them killed soon enough).

So while a nation-toppling plot about the PCs bringing down the Count-Electors, stealing the Grail or trying to prevent a second Mordheim happening over Altdorf might be hard to squeeze into without having to alter the setting a lot, a quiet tale about a rat catcher, a demagogue, a retired marine, a characteristically sissy elf, and a pie-eating weirdo halfling trying to use a strange object to temporarily animate corpses (which they had previously "decorated") so they can sell them as hookers at a profit to a travelling dwarf carnival, ultimately having everyone killed by said corpse-hookers without anyone ever noticing they were gone, is very easy to fit in.
>>
>>44791755
late medieval, mostly
>>
>>44799405

Maybe in 3rd edition and earlier (plus Mordheim but that's set in the past of about the year 2000), 4th onwards it's definitely into the 1500s and fully 'renaissance' style.

Whatever happened to Mordheim anyway, did the Empire manage to pull a nuke-the-site-from-orbit on it?

Necrons cleansed Gorkamorka eventually so I figure GW came up with something to 'end' that bit of history rather than explain why there's a small patch of the chaos wastes in the middle of Ostermark.
>>
>>44779670
Problematic when you want to play more than 1000 points.
>>
>>44799964
The Shadowlord destroyed his body in anger after realising that his newfound freedom was just another kind if prison and abandoned the city. So the daemonic activity and the Possessed cult probably died down a bit.
>>
>>44789173
>Or are you saying the fact it failed because it relied on actual game results makes it small?

Sort of.

The fact that they had to keep forcing Chaos forward and basically giving them bonuses despite being crushed at every turn kind of made Storm of Chaos feel...pissweak.

Like, every major battle went AGAINST Chaos for the Storm, but the Dev. team basically said 'Yeah, but they press on anyway because of reasons'.

The overall effect made Storm of Chaos feel weak to me.
>>
>>44789602
>Did you even play it you cockgobbling retard ?

Yeah, Dwarf Army. Even submitted my results in.

At no stage did I ever feel like Chaos was going to win, let alone like it was a legitimate threat. They kept getting hammered at every turn and only pressed forward because of the Development Team.

It was just weak.
>>
>>44772652
There is really a piss fetish?
>>
>>44800194
The reason was that every victory would just cause a delay for the hordes. This was stated before campaign turned into the joke it did.
>>
>>44800375
If it exists in some way someone has it as a fetish.
>>
>>44800375
To be honest, there is a fetish for everything and piss is not even among the really weird ones. There is a lady who seriously consider the Eiffel Tower to be her ideal husbando and apparently married the construct.
>>
Warhammer General is thatta way folks.

>>44800853
>>
>>44800194
It was really weird the results kept coming out that way too, I mean it's not like Chaos had a bad army. Or vampire counts, or Orcs (especially the black orc supremacy list that was done for the event along with a bunch of others).

>>44800400
Delay, maybe, but they should have been delayed so much the invasion would have fallen apart, not got to Middenheim.
And they didn't delay anything. They let Chaos through at every single stage of the campaign cos gotta have that climactic finale clusterfuck. Including the obligatory major character acting completely out of character to preserve the status quo, namely Grimgor only counting coup on Archaeon rather than just outright killing him as any orc, especially a ruthless and cunning black orc warboss would. That still annoys me more than pretty much everything else about the end of it somehow, and I didn't even play orcs at the time.

It's still kinda amazing how grumpy I can be about a fairly inconsequential event from over a decade ago though. Something something waste of potential.
>>
>>44796662
The last one that was in So Cal was 2007 i think.

I went 3 years in a row.

>>44799045
They destroyed any good will they had left. It is sad and funny.

>>44800236
Chaos just happened to get fucked up.
GW should have just let it happen.

But Chaos is their big baddie for some reason.

Weren't the orcs kicking ass if I recall?

>>44800965
>we need to confine our discussion to a general because the thread discussion changed to the subject that general covers.

Fuck off.
>>
>>44803158
>Fuck off.

Nah, chill out cunt. I was just pointing the way because this thread is getting close to autosaging.
>>
>>44800375
Are you 12 ?
>>
>>44786811
He also fought a dragon ogre that one time and a bunch of undead.
>>
>>44803158
The writers do not seem to realise its only interesting if Chaos never actually wins. That is how the End Times happened.
>>
>>44788003
End Times would have been great if it resolved the character arcs it presented instead of just going "And everyone died, the end."
>>
File: 1440981683497.jpg (157KB, 884x652px) Image search: [Google]
1440981683497.jpg
157KB, 884x652px
>>44792586
Actually if you really want to get into this, The Empire, Tilea, Estalia, The Wasteland, Cathay, Nippon, Araby, Kislev(sort of), and Ind are at their respective Renaissance levels of technology. Bretonnia is stuck in the high middle ages, and Albion is around pre-Roman Britannia levels.

Dwarfs are a mixture of viking age Scandanavia and Industrial Revolution. Elves have ~~magic~~ so they don't count. Orcs are low middle ages, Chaos is just magic vikings.
>>
>>44810711
And the Skaven are at some kind of crazy Victorian-fantasy tech level but powered by warpstone instead of steam and phlogiston.
>>
>>44789801
Brettonia is the only Old World human faction still in the Middle Ages though, with pretty much everyone else (not-Italy, not-Spain, not-Netherlands, not-Russia, etc.) comfortably within the Early Modern period. The Northmen and Albion are Late Dark Ages/Early Middle Ages.

At least for humans and Dwarves, the "medieval" period has long since passed, though I don't even think Elves would have a concept of this kind of thing.
>>
>>44810689
>character
Replace character with faction

Where were the brets charging on idealizing the concept of chivalry and honor even in spite of their goddess turning out to be 3dpg elf?
Where were the dwarfs descending from the mountains to help the nations of men choosing loyalty to the oath for the alliance over the protection of their physical goods and homes?
Where was the golden tombs king retaking what was his by right and might from nagash itself before the end took over?
Where was the savage impact of WAAAGH BEaST?
Where were the lizardmen actively doing shit?
>>
>>44811035
>though I don't even think Elves would have a concept of this kind of thing.

I thought that was always silly. "Look how awesome we are, we have Ballistas!"
>>
>>44811639
this, a hundred times. The elves have a almost 1000 year head start over humans and yet are technologically inferior to even the brets. I understand they may not have the same progress to their technology and humans were kick started due to their trade with the dwarves but c'mon. The war of the beard should have at least forced the elves to develop some kind of new technology that would have allowed them to go up against dwarven firepower
>>
>>44787026
truth. He could have a beard, and still stay Conanish
>>
>>44811684
why stride to develop modern technology when you already master magic much better than everyone else already (except slanns)?
>>
How many things were dropped or changed for 4th edition?
>>
>>44811639
>>44811684
They're not lagging behind humans or dwarfs in terms of military might and are probably miles ahead in quality of life, so why would they go to the trouble of developing the industry necessary to support gunpowder weapons and steam engines when they're doing just great with sailboats and torsion powered war machines and copious hand-wavey magic?
>>
>>44787026
Sigmar must suffered from dorsalgia.
Sitting like this can't be healthy.
>>
>>44800375
You are adorable in your naivety
>>
>>44803420
Until it actually autosages there's no need for that.
>>
>>44794580
this

the game just came out and I can count the amount of AoS players at my local gw on my fingers
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.