[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 31 - Suicidal Dead People Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 26

File: Lora by GentlemanKong.png (30KB, 435x684px) Image search: [Google]
Lora by GentlemanKong.png
30KB, 435x684px
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44726134/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

SHOUTOUT TO LL FOR THE QUICK FIX ON THE ARCHIVE - YOU HAVE MY ENDLESS THANKS!

You are Brianna la Croix, journeyman necromancer, and your dead Aunt is trying to re-kill herself.

That bitch.
>>
archive now, so you don't get mis archived again
>>
File: Every Time With This Shit.gif (636KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
Every Time With This Shit.gif
636KB, 320x192px
>>44765383
"Like fucking hell it's between you and Lora," you snap, your voice raising. "No offense meant to her but I'm pretty fucking sure Lora couldn't give a shit about you at swordpoint."

"She's right," Lora drawls.

"You stay out of this," you snap at the angel, before whirling on your Aunt's specter once more. "You have the gall to say you're not part of the family? Where the fuck do you get off?"

"You were /there/ when I gave up my name," Carol scoffs.

"I was there when you went off to mourn my mother," you whisper, harshly. "When you gave me this hat. I was there every year at your grave to mourn you. I'm still there every year, the day you die, to drink and cry and hate that you left me. I still treasure the things you taught me and the advice you gave me and all the time we had together." You can feel the hot, angry tears in your eyes, but you don't care. "You say you're not part of /my/ family? How fucking dare you."

"Brianna -"

"DON'T EVEN START!" you yell, at the top of your lungs. "YOU, OF ALL PEOPLE, TAKING THE COWARD'S WAY OUT? USING ME FOR IT?"

"Now you sound like your mother," Carol snaps, her own ire flashing.

"Good, someone ought to," you retort, and the ghost flinches away, as if struck. "...Don't you think she misses you?"

"Is that future even possible for me?" Carol whispers.

> Order Lora to unite Carol with her family
> Ask Lora if it's possible
> Ask Lora what she'd do if it were her choice
> Write-in
>>
>>44765588
>> Ask Lora if it's possible
>>
> "Not if you do this, it's not. Otherwise... Lora? She can pass on to where she belongs, right?."
>>
>>44765588
>>44765652
This seems good.
>>
>>44765588
>>
>>44765588
>>
>>44765588

> Order Lora to unite Carol with her family
>>
>>44765588
>>
Vote pretty clearly called. This'll be my final update for the night, and then I'ma attempt to sleep in tomorrow because DAY OFF FUCK YEAH. This may mean it takes a bit for me to get back on to update; as always, I encourage discussion and questions in the meantime.

Thread's archived, incidentally.

Writing.
>>
File: death.jpg (49KB, 642x744px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
49KB, 642x744px
>>44765588
You look to Lora. "That's your purview. I'm living; I don't know the Sunless Lands."

"Authority is not given to me to dispose of the dead beyond the Veil," Lora says softly. "...You were a la Croix?"

"I was," Aunt Carol agrees.

"She /is/," you correct, emphatically. Lora gives you a bemused smile and turns her attention to the shade.

"Tell me your sorrows, shade," the angel commands.

And Aunt Carol does. She starts at the beginning, with her training - her frustrations with feeling judged and constrained, her juvenile ambitions that became adult resentment. The bond she had with her sister, and her falling-out with her mother. She talks about spending her life wishing she could live elsewhere as she was and knowing she couldn't; she bares her shames and furies, like she was speaking to her own sister and not a proud angel.

"I never wanted to hurt anyone," the ghost whispers. "It just happened that way."

Lora puts a hand on her shoulder and squeezes, and leaves Aunt Carol to mourn her dreams. You keep your eyes on Lora as the angel gets closer to you and murmurs.

"I cannot obliterate her either. Souls are a bit tough to eradicate," Lora admits. "...There are two options that end in her being released from her prison. I can use my power to convey her to the Quell, to be judged and sorted, and give her my endorsement. Or I can have her soul re-forged."

"Re-forged?" you ask.

"I can say little except that she would cease to be herself in any sense. It would be like melting down a sword's blade to forge something new; she would not be /nothing/, but she would not be herself. Functionally, it is death. These are the boons I can offer."

> Let her be judged
> Re-forge her
> Return her to her prison
>>
>>44766374
>let her be judged
>>
> Let her be judged.
>>
And that's it from me for tonight. I'll see anon when I wake up in the morning!

Comments, questions, discussion, feedback, and criticisms remain both welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>44766374
>Let her be judged
A clear choice.
>>
>>44766374
>> Let her be judged
>>
> Let her be judged

...yeah this is not a choice. A complete wipe is no resolution. And throwing her back into the box is just a dickmove, unworthy of Brianna.
>>
>>44766374
These are some fair options; it actually makes me think that, in this setting, good people that did bad things (like Bridgette or Aunt Carol) have the chance to become someone new. A clean slate, as it were. Of course, since we've already argued in character that Auntie was loved and missed, I'm gonna have to go with;
>Let her be judged, fairly, for both her merits and her misdeeds.

And, of course, don't forget to thank Lora; she was never actually obligated to do shit for Carol.
>>
>>44766438
Coincidentally, I'm SO glad I asked for clarification on what Aunt Carol wanted in the previous thread. I think a lot of people would have just let things slide without a problem if they didn't know just what she wanted.
>>
>>44766374
> Let her be judged
>>
>>44766706
Im not really surprised, just confused considering she still used her rage as power
>>
>>44766706

Thank you for that, by the way.

I'm really hoping that she ends up with the rest of the family, but this is kind of something that we might never find out about. Nobody can talk about what's on the other side, and we can't exactly just call Aunt Carol back to make sure she's safe and happy.

In the end, it's a matter of faith. We have to believe in Aunt Carol and hope that whatever happens, we've put her back with the family.

Instead of, you know. Condemning her to hell or something.

I suppose it's down to that saying. Either the gods are just, and your just behavior is rewarded. They're unjust, in which be just to spite them. Or they don't exist, in which case being just is it's own reward. We just have to have some faith.

Considering they let Lora have the Dungeon and do with it whatever she wants, and the fact that they've made it a point to avoid 'favoritism', what with the deeply regretting the whole 'who came first' thing, I'm inclined to be hopeful.

> Let her be judged
> Regardless of what happens, thank Lora
>>
File: Let Us Make Good.jpg (396KB, 1235x766px) Image search: [Google]
Let Us Make Good.jpg
396KB, 1235x766px
>>44766822
This feels oddly appropriate. Also, thread bump before I hit the hay.

Gonna try to finish another sketch before work tonight.
>>
Why did I just discover this quest now? I should be asleep and I'm reading all the archives. Fuck you Vox.

I Love you
>>
>>44767145
Oh, more people who want to fuck Vox? Pick a name, our Glorious Undead Lichwhore can't get to you if you're just another face in the crowd.
>>
>>44767191
Unless you're into that
>>
>>44767191
Look up what happens to the male lead in Outlander, that's what I want to do to Vox.
>>
>>44766374
>> Let her be judged
>>
File: live a good life.jpg (188KB, 1426x868px) Image search: [Google]
live a good life.jpg
188KB, 1426x868px
>>44766822
>>44767138
Here you go.
>>
>>44766374
> Let her be judged
I don't hate the symbolism of reforging, but... she deserves to be given a chance. I'm not gonna say she'll go to her eternal reward or anything, but if the gods are just, and wise, they'll give her peace, at least.
>>
>>44766374
since I haven't actually given my vote yet

> Let her be judged
It was not her worth as a necromancer, her skill and power, that is worth saving. That much was proven even when she was alive. It is her worth as a human that means something, so let that be preserved.
>>
Bump for the sleeping lich.
>>
>>44765588
>Ask Lora what she'd do if it were her choice
>>
>>44766374
> Let her be judged

Better than oblivion.
>>
I'm awake, I swear.

I'm gonna update, then deal with morning chores (and getting my paycheck) and then be available pretty much all day. I'll be posting somewhat slowly because honestly I'm still kinda fucked up (yay illness) but I'll be here.

Votes called, writing.
>>
File: mLxqhzT.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mLxqhzT.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>44766374
You refrain from answering immediately. This is a serious decision and both sides of it deserve consideration. Lora waits, patiently, with an understanding expression; she's in no rush, and doesn't want you to be in one either.

In the end, though, you go with your original decision.

"Let her be judged," you murmur. "Send her to the Quell. Speak for her, as best you can. She, too, was a victim of life."

"So be it," Lora agrees. She turns and offers a hand to Aunt Carol, who takes it hesitantly.

"Are you ready to leave the world of the living?" the angel asks.

"Yes," your Aunt whispers. She looks at you, past Lora, and gives you a brave smile. You quirk an eyebrow at her and light a cigarette.

"Catch you on the other side," you tell her.

"Hopefully," she replies.

There is a flurry of black wings - and you awaken.

Nathan and Amy are still asleep, though you know you can't let them stay that way for long. You've got some decisions to make.

> Insist that Nathan stay here
> Permit him to participate in the assault

AND

> Put Silence's forces in the vanguard; she can protect her men better than you can protect the Miners
> Reserve Silence's forces; you need her sorcery to crack the tough defenses higher up

AND

> Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing
> Take a combat role; ascend the Shaft and join the assault directly
>>
>>44771046

> Put Silence's forces in the vanguard; she can protect her men better than you can protect the Miners

> Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing
>>
>>44771046
>>
>>44771046
>Insist that Nathan stay here

>>
>>44771046
> Insist that Nathan stay here
> Take a combat role; ascend the Shaft and join the assault directly
Nathan is still hurt badly and only just got the peg leg. Silence is fighting in home territory. Bri has much more offensive capabilities than supportive.
>>
>>
>>44771046
>Permit him to assist in the attack, but Fetch goes with him as backup.
Nate's too stubborn and chivalrous to back down from this fight, but he's not unreasonable. If he gets in a bind, he falls back to Brianna or Amy. No arguing, end of story.

>Silence knows her men better than you, and is definitely a better up-front fighter. She can lead the vanguard.
I get the feeling she has some Mine-related powers or magic to call on that we haven't seen yet. That, and eight feet of angry Fae is a hell of a lot better than a one-legged Woundseeker or a parapaligikeet.

>Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing.
Despite her training with Nate and the Caretaker, Brianna isn't really suited for the front lines. Is there any way she can lay a shroud of darkness to disguise our movements or just make it difficult for any enemy casters to target our forces? Seems like that'd be useful, considering all the firepower the Baron's forces were packing.

Also, I'm going to assume that Amy and Diving Shadow will be ducking in and out of combat, attacking vulnerable spots. Larry can probably muster up some stone walls and barricades to shelter the men as they close on the Baron's fort.
>>
>>44771151
Bri's /minions/ have much more offensive ability than supportive; Bri herself is sort of mediocre as an attacker, I think.
>>
>>44771046
>>
Home in thirty or so.
>>
>>44771387
Kat is tied to wherever Bri is, and she has proven herself to be pretty effective with a sword while also having the ability to now use her body as a literal weapon( I kinda just want to see her wolverine some dudes).
>>
File: as.gif (37KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
as.gif
37KB, 440x330px
>>44771700

Go QM, go, go!
>>
>>44771046
>> Permit him to participate in the assault
But only if he stays outta the /front/ front lines.

>> Reserve Silence's forces; you need her sorcery to crack the tough defenses higher up
I'm generally one for defense but if we don't attack we'll likely enter a battle of attrition which I'm not so sure we'll do that well against.

>> Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing
Bri herself is not overly offensive oriented and if we send Silence and friends out to fight we might be able to patch em up when they come back.
>>
Back at last. Tallying and writing after I secure coffee.
>>
Or real life ate me. Bear with me.
>>
>>44771230
>Silence knows her men better than you, and is definitely a better up-front fighter. She can lead the vanguard.
>Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing.

Seconding, kong has the right idea :)
>>
>>44773094
I read that as
>Or a real bear ate me
Sometimes dyslexia is fun.
>>
>>
>>44773108
>>44773796
Folks, votes were called.

That in mind, writing now. My apologies, and thank you for your patience.
>>
>>44773094
Damn bears. The beast must have a calcium deficiency or something.
>>
Okay so - I'll be heading to a friend's house shortly. This will mean further writing delays, as well as a day off so I can run my Pathfinder game.

It also means moonshine for the rest of tonight's run.

In the meantime since I'm trapped away from PC, Q&A commence.
>>
>>44774200
Mmmm. Moonshine. This should totally be how Necrofowl Inc. celebrates the victory over the Baron. Moonshine and cuddles.

At any rate, my day's shot, so no doodles (awww, I can feel your sadness, and I apologize). Enjoy your day off Vox. Make sure to rest your bones.
>>
>>44774200
Even a lich needs to rest, have fun running your game caffeine man.
>>
>>44774200
Who is the setting's equivalent of Satan?
>>
>>44776054
I may need you to expand on that question.
>>
>>44776466
Is there any specific figure regarded as being entirely adversarial to humanity, the gods, and good things in general? Further, is there any figure that /actually is/ etc etc etc?
>>
>>44771046
>AND
>> Put Silence's forces in the vanguard; she can protect her men better than you can protect the Miners
>AND
>> Take a support role; aid the medics, perform triage, and get the potions and healing flowing
>>
>>44776567
...humanity itself?
>>
This moonshine tastes like strawberry juice. I'm gonna die.

>>44776567
Not...really. The Secondborn come close, and various monsters and "savage" races such as orcs and goblins are definitely painted in a bad light, but in general you don't see the faith/rebellion dichotomy displayed in Judeo-Christian religions.
>>
Alright folks. Game's actually running tonight, so...if the thread's still open tomorrow, I'll use it. If not, I'll start a new one.

See ya'll tomorrow, and I'll address questions in the morning.
>>
>>44778782
We have 234 posts before bump limit into autosage.
People will probably keep it alive.
>>
File: 1450210346126.gif (992KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
1450210346126.gif
992KB, 400x256px
>>
>>44771046
>> Put Silence's forces in the vanguard; she can protect her men better than you can protect the Miners
>>
>>44771046
>Permit him to participate in the assault
But make sure he stays as careful as possible.
>Put Silence's forces in the vanguard; she >Reserve Silence's forces; you need her sorcery to crack the tough defenses higher up
Nice to have variety
>>
>>44781161
>>44781464
Folks, vote was called. It remains called.

I am very drunk. Like. I can see through time here.
>>
>>44781553
Vox is terminator lich confirmed
>>
>>44781553
What are you drinking? because "High" seems more accurate if you think you can see through time"
>>
>>44781602
I've had eight shots of moonshine, two of the no-longer-strawberries floating within it (call that two, three more shots?), three shots of Bacardi and a beer.
>>
can we have more worldbuilding options vox? i want to see what your drunk mind comes up with.
>>
>>44781769
I mean he has been on pain killers for most of the quest...
>>
>>44781769
...Fuck it, why not? I know I'm not up to writing the battle right now but some worldbuilding could be fun.

A Day In the Life Of...

> Cherry
> River
> Brooks
> Her Grace, Duchess Harriet
>>
>>44782128

>>
>>44782128

>>
>>44782128
>>
>>44782128
>Her Harriet, Duchess Grace
>>
>>44782128
> Her Duchess, Harriet Grace
>>
>>44782128
>> Her Grace, Duchess Harriet

Oh, c'mon, how could we choose anything else? :-D
>>
>>44782128
We know everyone else, but we haven't even met the duchess yet. This is gonna be fun!
>>
File: image.gif (966KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
966KB, 245x200px
>>44782210
>>44782270
>>44782296
>>
>>44782128
>>
>>44782128
>>
>>44782128
>> River (child)
or
>>
>>44782128
>>
>>44782380
You forgot
>Duchess Harriet, Her Grace
>>
> Duchess Grace, Her Harriet
>>
>Grace her, Harriet Duchess.
>>
Okay. Turns out continuing to drink was a terrible idea.

Will worldbuild tomorrow. After. Hangover dealt with.

You guys have been very patient. I appreciate you. And now I'ma stop talking because I'm in one of those states that'd cause me to say stupid shit.

Fielding questions until I pass out.
>>
>>44784502
What are you wearing~
>>
>>44784556
Khakis, T-shirt.
>>
File: Hot.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hot.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>44784681
OHhhhhh~
>>
>>44784502
Can spirits and/or wraithsteel forged into weapons grow stronger on their own?

>>44784681
you fell for the trap, you neglected to mention underwear!
>>
>>44785517
Not usually, though rare cases have caused it to happen or to /appear/ to happen, such as when a previously gentle ghost was motivated to anger, making it seem "stronger". Wraithsteel isn't particularly more - or less - receptive to additional enchantment, but legends and histories tell of blades bringing down unique or sorcerous creatures and clinging to some scrap of their power.

Notably, the legendary - and lost - wraithsteel gladius known as Winter was known to take something from everything it killed, which was commonly attributed to the fact that the blade was forged from hundreds of parasitic insects gathered over the course of nearly fifteen years.

And I wouldn't say neglected.
>>
>>44785986
>Notably, the legendary - and lost - wraithsteel gladius known as Winter was known to take something from everything it killed, which was commonly attributed to the fact that the blade was forged from hundreds of parasitic insects gathered over the course of nearly fifteen years.
NOPENOPENOPE, KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE LOCUST BLADE
>>
>>44785986
If one was to ritualistically extract the iron from the blood of sacrificial victims until you for enough to make a sword what sort of powers could you imbue it with?
>>
>>44786461
Aside from all the death and atrocity already soaked into it, tainting it with necromancy and probably making it the focus of their angry ghosts?

I dunno, whatever you can scream out before the specters rip you apart.
>>
>>44786461
ah, a classic-

>>44786474
oh my. um. wow.
>>
>>44786474
Well all right but could someone else then weild the blade of murder ghosts?
>>
>>44786474
But what if you use moar sacrificial victims to power necromancy that binds those ghosts into the blade and control them?

....Yeah that's a lot of murder mojo for a sword.
>>
>>44786461
>>44786474
We could use blood from preformed wounds on a battlefield. Or donated blood.
>>
What would happen if you were to restrain a wraithsteel creature, cut bits off it, wait for it to heal, and repeat, then use that for the forging?
>>
>>44786474
Can you use necropower to make a durable and sharp enough to be useful sword out of spines woven together?
>>
>>44786649
I think you'd be better off working with a bone sword carved from a decent femur/s
>>
>>44786514
You still have angry ghosts attached to it. This problem would need to be resolved before handling anything else. As >>44786533 notes, sometimes going full supervillain just isn't practical.

>>44786603
Certainly, though at that point you're talking about maybe a rough affinity for pain and little else. There's a reason necromantic sacrifice tends to be ritualized. With the amount of blood you'd need and the time to collect it...why not just mine the shit and bolt necromancy to it after?

>>44786612
It's been attempted. The greatest challenge, which is usually failed, is keeping the creature from dying.

Additionally, the hard structures of the wraithsteel creature are the ones you want. The "flesh" of the creature is wholly useless for forging. Like with many living creatures, these hard structures do not always, or even often, grow back easily - imagine if you extracted the bones from someone's toes and then waited for the bones to grow back.

For the dedicated, careful, and lucky, a creature that can actually regrow those hard structures could be quite profitable.
>>
>>44786674
It's the principle of the thing!

>>44786703
>As >>44786533 (You) notes, sometimes going full supervillain just isn't practical.
I was actually going for more "If you are putting THIS MUCH magic mojo into a sword, it can do pretty much whatever you damn want to".

I.e. that's how doom artefacts get made.
>>
>>44786474
Are there spirits representing abstract concepts? I know that the Angelic Choirs represent some of them, like Time, but could there also be entities formed from Despair, Fear, Hunger or Pride?

I just watched some of the YouTube vids on the Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC's, and it made me curious.

>>44786461
>>44786474
In a similar vein of thought, are there any places or objects so thoroughly soaked with blood and memory that they become magical or self-aware? Could an amalgam of spiritual detritus and magic runoff become self-sustaining and independent?
>>
Can you use Restoration to screw up someone's body instead of patching it, or is that another discipline?

Is there a Kinesis based on the understanding of the body?
>>
>>44786872
Mis-healing and overhealing are both things, as is lulling or forcing people into sleep or comas. Both still require beating down their inherent magical resistance and take significant time; restoration is not a good combat discipline.

More savage violations of the body generally trade on death and fall into necromancy's purview.

Bodily kinesis is heavily theorized and debated on. Self-movement is easy enough; moving others seems to be harder. Theories abound as to why this is the case, though the most commonly held is that it's similar to the problem with restoration.

>>44786730
Eh. Not a fan of doom artifacts as a trope, generally, the Spear notwithistanding.

Plus honestly at the point where you've murdered enough people to get the One Ring forged you've got at least one Choir up your ass in an unhappy way. Why go through all the effort when going legit is faster and easier?

>>44786752
Emotional energy, especially that released during death or sustained over time, can color and warp a location and give it unusual properties. Abstract animistic spirits are not commonly known, though many (with partial accuracy) credit the Secondborn with embodying such traits.
>>
> "Emotional energy"

...say. What progress has been made into extracting "energy" from various types of emotion? Positive emotions, specifically.
Extracting pain and suffering seems easy enough if you have a knife and the will, but what about the other end of the spectrum? Gaining energy from joy and lust?

Summon an incubus or two, set up an altar with some pillows and then bone on it 24/7! Infinite power! o/
>>
Anyone else notice how similar the writing is in this to the Dresden Files? Bri and Harry are incredible similar characters.
>>
>>44787334
I think a cunning enough magician could 'extract' excess emotions when they run high, like gathering together anger during a riot or joy during a festival. The vessel to contain these emotions might be related to that particular feeling, like a torch for hope or a holy chalice for faith. These are still pretty abstract things, so they'd probably be rare, and that's not even taking into account the shelf life of such things.
>>
Can someone post the link to the webcomic Vox is working on? I'm trying to find it in the archives but it's been a bitch.
>>
>>44787685
http://wildwestscifi.net/gallows-humor/13683-gallows-humor-prologue

Boom
>>
Hum, it's been awhile since we've heard anything about the gods. I remember Lady of Ravens, but who/what were the other ones, and what were their domains?
>>
>>44788351
Red Troth is War. Don't recall the rest.
>>
>>44788351
I can remember the other two, but Red Troth is the god of war and valor and the Forgemaster is exactly what it says on the tin, god of smithing and the crafts. The Lady of Ravens...y'know, I don't think Vox has ever laid down any comprehensive details on the gods in his magical realm. He hasn't really had to, since Brianna and the rest of the gang aren't overly religious (I know Nathan gave quiet prayers to Red Troth and the Forgemaster, and Amy revers the Lady of Ravens as all birds do).

Maybe that can be the next bit of world-building after "A Day In The Life of Her Grace, Duchess Harriet."
>>
>>44788627
From http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44417008/, posts 44438105 and 44438139.
>> The major recognized gods are the Forgemaster, the Lady of Ravens, Red Troth, Wren the Rhymer, and the Quell, though they have servants, saints, and children that are also revered. Ancestor-worship is also common; even people not called to the service of a particular god tend to respect them and pay them reverence. (Cont)
>> Religion is generally a pillar of support and aid for the communities that support it. Theocracies tend to be rare, as the gods consider them unsightly headaches that waste more time than they save.
I can't find any other threads with all of them together like that, so that's a point for "haven't had them all described yet"...which is probably why no one remembers the gods of poets(?) and repression(???).
>>
>>44789221
they were also mentioned in the story of the Secondborn, but more as an aside.
>>
>>44789221
Wren the Rhymer might be the god of passion and love as well as poets. Seems like someone good for a party, not to mention the patron of the stereotypical rogue's guild, so maybe his/her darker aspects might be revels, drunks and thieves?
Quell (play on Quill? Like the pen?) might be the god of knowledge. I also notice it's called The and not He or She. Hermaeus Mora anyone?

Ooooooh I wonder if choosing the Cleric at the beginning of the quest would have gotten us boons from the gods? Not that this can't still be possible with Bri, but she's not some cloistered sister or just paladin. She's a Hero! Tehehehe! Cat's outta the bag necromancer! Why'd you think your familiar turned into the cliche white knight?
>>
>>44789381
The German word Quelle means source (both for water and figuratively), so the Quell could be the god of creation, or magic, or life, or whatever springs forth or comes from an origin.
>>
>>44789381
>>44789487
In English 'quell' means to supress or put an end to.

Old English cwellan ‘kill,’ of Germanic origin; related to German quälen ‘torture.’
>>
>>44789516

>I can use my power to convey her to the Quell, to be judged and sorted, and give her my endorsement

This seems a pretty reasonable assumption.
>>
>>44789487
>>44789650
So, wait, does that mean there is a literal God of Life and Death? Or is it a god of truth and judgement?

It could also be a group, or a place. We have literally no other context to go on other than a name and the interpretation of.

I passionately love, yet desperately hate, world-building.
>>
>>44787422
I really need to get around to reading those. Can you expand on the similarities without spoilers?
>>
>>44789487
>>44789516
Both of these definitions are accurate, depending on one's perspective. The Quell is the lawmaker, the god of punishment, restraint, denial - but also of contracts, oaths, justice. Their power separated what was and what could be into what IS. The Quell is responsible for judging the dead and is honored by those who value obedience, loyalty, self-restraint, and truth.
>>
>>44789968
Honestly, I don't see many. Harry's one of those people who is more than willing to do bad things in the name of a good cause.

There really isn't anything he won't do to protect his family, including the murder of close to an entire race of sentients. There were circumstances, selfish, justifiable,
circumstances but he still did it.

Bri doesn't seem like the same sort of person at all.
>>
>>44790046
Harry is a generaly good guy, who does the right thing and then the life just shits on him.
He is a wizard of reasonable skill, which makes people who know him be slightly wary of him.
Where Bri corrupts mettals by touch, Harry wrecks advanced tech (Basicly anything using electricity) by just being nearby, the more advanced the worse.

Harry constantly worries about what would happen if he slid to the dark side, of magical mind rending and easy fireballs. He was in the neiberhood once and he decided he does not want there again.

Harry is not too bothered by bad things happening to bad people. Once, when faced with a guy who pretty much wilingly sold his soul and was ready to do so again, Harry broke three of his limbs to get the info out of the guy. It was kinda this or milions dead situation though.
>>
>>44790133
Holy shit, that is a spoiler. Yeah, it's got spoiler on it, but I would have put a bigger warning on it.
>>
>>44790404
>spoiler
meh, that's not really anything. Limb damage, especially non-permanent damage, is still well within acceptable territory. It's nonlethal, and assuming you don't know how to dislocate joints(because seriously don't do it if you don't know), it also solves the issue of keeping them neutralized when you don't have a lot of manpower.

They happen to tell you what you need? Okay, I'll take that. You have time to tie them up? Break/dislocate AND tie them up(preferably in a way that sets the bones back properly).
>>
>>44790568
No, he literaly broke the bones. Then he smashed the guys home phone and cellphone. He then left the guy a quater, to use a phone booth to call an ambulance. At the time, and he knew it, a quater was no longer enough to use a phone booth.

Seemed rather uncharasteristicly cruel to me, but then again, the guy did just trick himself out of death, and made the mistake of assuming that guaranteed survival meant no dammage.
>>
>>44790639
and I'm saying only that last bit seems unnecessarily vindictive to me. Short on time, lives on the line, and pissed to hell and back, I'm not going to expect a paragon here.

Bri might have opted to take a path that DIDN'T require info, but she wouldn't shy away from dishing it out if it came to it. She'd just have medical supplies for afterwards.
>>
Eating breakfast, then going home. Will write, go to the dentist, then continue.

Thanks for being patient folks. A break was nice.
>>
File: SHAMEFURDISPRAY.png (291KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
SHAMEFURDISPRAY.png
291KB, 640x487px
>>44791070
Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. We don't want our favorite skeleton falling apart now, do we? I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll show myself out.
>>
About ten minutes from home.
>>
Good news: made it home.

Bad news: ten minutes until I leave for the dentist.

But then there will be updates. I've got Monster, free time, and a good rest under my belt.

In the meantime if there's further worldbuilding questions (or any questions), please leave 'em in the thread.
>>
>>44793214
Are there any particular kingdoms or nations (like Starfall) that mirror any in real life?

Also, what the geography like? We know that Brianna and plenty of the la Croix hail from the Blind Marshes, but is that like Not!Louisiana or is it someplace unique?

AND YET MORE!! We've heard mention of Hearthsfire, but are there any particular holy days or popular celebrations like Sam Haine/Harvest Day? Are there any days or nights that are important to necromancers or those who revere or tend to the dead in particular?
>>
>>44793214
So given the gods you've named who do scholars and the like tend to worship? I didn't really see a god of knowledge type.
>>
>>44794131
Remembering that the faith is polytheistic rather than competitive, academics tend to favor the Lady of Ravens and Wren the Rhymer; there's overlap in their interests in that region of life.

GK I'll get to you when not on a phone.
>>
Dresden Files are terribly mediocre at best. Jim Butcher is a hack.

Anita Blake series is much better and has a necromancer. 5 books was the perfect amount for the series.

I mean, the following 15 books are pretty much pure vampire/werewolf/necromancer smut. Which I personally am into but I can recognize that the writing takes a pretty big hit at that point.
>>
>>44793214
I totally forgot to tell ya, but I introduced wraith steel into my current campaign. My players fought a gigantic turtle made of the stuff, and 30 cultists used as meat sheilds later it was scrap. After they brought the metal home they spent a couple in game days trying to find a smith that knew what it was and why it seemed "alive". They found a smith and he told them all about their bounty. And today they are going to decide on what to make.

I will tell you what goes after the session!
>>
>>44787334
>>44787542
The Secondborn in particular tend to have a strong affinity for emotional energies. Mortals have had a harder time making use of the damn things, and a lot of it is because mortal sorceries have difficulty capturing them in the heat of the moment. Necromancers do more than most with emotions of all kinds because death gives them both a stamp of permanency and 'clings' to the energy, taking the emotion with it when the death is harvested or manipulated.

For obvious reasons, this is not considered a viable route for academic research into the matter.

>>44794015
The kingdom Starfall is nominally part of - Greenwald - is a somewhat loose, mountainous nation with a temperate climate edging towards chill and a fairly strong nobility. If one can imagine the Germanies before being united and then sort of quietly reduce the amount of dead people produced on a daily basis you wouldn't be too far off; there's someone nominally in charge but in all honesty the royalty of Greenwald are defined by their skill at negotiation and compromise rather than top-down rule, mostly because they know, and the nobility knows, that if push came to shove everything would go to hell. It's a delicate dance, but it's been played well thus far.

Bri's local region is somewhat coastal in nature; a range of mountains divides the eastern coast from the remainder of its continent, and the region east of those mountains ranges climates roughly from 'frozen hellscape' down to 'pleasantly warm, but still technically temperate'. Bri's home, the Blind Marshes, are named for the choking fog that rolls in on a regular basis, swept in from the sea. The Marshes can be unforgiving but are home to many, and exhibit quite a few old traditions. Nominally part of a more southerly nation, the Marshes are independant by virtue of being essentially impossible to invade and willing to contribute to trade. The cultures there tend to have a 'live and let live' attitude.
>>
File: wcwWlAL.gif (173KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
wcwWlAL.gif
173KB, 500x270px
>>44795032
I've been advised not to read these by folks whose opinion - and I mean no offense with this - I trust rather deeply.

>>44795374
Yessssssss. How's their reaction thus far? Excited?
>>
Here's an interesting question, especially because of the Diviner.

How is destiny/fate treated here? If there an assumed Divine Plan, or are mortals granted Free Will?

The existence of the Diviner implies that at least some people can look into the future, which brings up the usually lovely questions about choice.

... That said, there's also the incredibly creepy thought that, given the contents of the letter, the Diviner couldn't see a better future than what would come from working with the Master. There's also the thought that maybe she didn't want to die or that the Master had some sort of massive leverage over her, but given the rather fatalistic sounding letter, I doubt that just threatening her life would be enough to ensure cooperation.

Then again, she could be playing the long game and counting on Bri's success against the Master leading to a 'better dungeon' than what could have happened if she wasn't involved in helping him.
>>
>>44795774
Don't listen to him the books are pretty great and the main character is amazing.
>>
>>44795774
The books change significantly after the first 5, which turns a lot of people off.

Regardless, for either Dresden or Blake my recommendation is always to read shit yourself and decide.

Or not, I'm not the book police. That's /lit/
>>
File: 1450112972624.png (73KB, 258x269px) Image search: [Google]
1450112972624.png
73KB, 258x269px
>>44795774
When they learned it makes weapons that can act on their own, they seemed, well pic related. Also the fighter of the group had just lost his favorite Hammer, and his armor, and all his magical items so he really wants to get forging. I gave each party member enough to make one item (because it was a huge turtle), however one of them wants to make a rocket ship... and is kind of a dick so they might try to steal the others share.
>>
>>44795774
Are there any particular minerals or metals that are better suited for certain magics? I notice that silver gets used a lot in necromancy, like currency.

>>44795958
You're right. That is creepy and unsettling in a bunch of ways.

>>44796030
No. No thieving from fellow players. You could just say that the wraith-steel gets imprinted upon by its owner, or attunes itself to its master. In short, try to take it from the person who owns it, and its your fucking head.

I hate people like that. I EARNED MY SHINY LOOT WITH FAIR MURDER!
>>
>>44796385
Imprinting on the owner, I like it, I like it a lot.

This guy is always just taking from npcs and players alike, but what happens when the item he tries to take starts fighting him?

Thanks kong, I'm definitely using that.
>>
>>44796495
Enchanting valuable items to scream and 'bite' the thief seems like good work for a wagemage.
>>
>>44795958
Philosophy time! Why does everyone always paint determinism as being the opposite of free will? Why does the fact that that you were always going to do something mean that you didn't do it freely? I mean, nothing forced you to do it.

Let me present a related (although not perfectly comparable) example. Meteorologists are pretty decent at predicting the weather. Notoriously not perfect, but that's because they're measuring very complex systems, not because macro-level physics has any meaningful intrinsic uncertainty. And besides, they're still basically right most of the time. But no one ever says the prediction causes the weather. That would be insane. The weather is a function of the system that produces it, and it cares not one iota for the meteorologists' predictions.

So too, I would argue, with human behavior, which is caused by the humans and their environments. The cause doesn't somehow change just because you start to be able to predict the outcome.
>>
>>44796495
>Paladin with wraithsteel weapon
>Names it "Justice"
>Stolen by party rogue
>Stays with thief, proceeds to compensate thiefs future victims using theifs gold until returned to Paladin
>>
>>44796774
One of my players is actually a paladin, and she has a sword that talks like Shaun Connery. It's glorious
>>
File: Bri Recruits Minions.jpg (179KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bri Recruits Minions.jpg
179KB, 500x673px
>>44771046
With a certain amount of reluctance, you rouse Nathan and Amy.

<Fetch, find Larry and Silence. Ask them to arrange a war meeting.>

<If there's reluctance?> Fetch asks.

"Amy, are you willing to cook for Mine leaders?"

"Yeahsure," Amy slurs tiredly, stretching. "Jus' lemme get dressed."

"You're a lifesaver." <Tell 'em we're providing breakfast>.

You and your lovers change into (relatively) fresh clothes, scrub your faces as best you can, and help each other into your armor and equipment.

"Hey," Nathan murmurs, as he buttons up his mail-backed greatcoat. "Thanks for...you know, getting my head out of my ass, with Ames."

"You learn from it?" you ask, softly.

"Yeah," the Hero agrees.

"She learn from it?"

"I think so," Nathan says thoughtfully.

"Then there's nothing to thank me for. You two did the work." You squeeze his shoulder and flash him a little smile. "By the by, don't go volunteering for the vanguard. I'm putting you with the main body of the Miners, with Fetch and the minions to back you up. You'll be more help there, both in defending the weak and in the assault in general...and not to put too fine a point on it, you're not gonna be able to keep up with the initial assault."

"Makes sense," the Hero says with a shrug. "Not gonna say I'm not at least a /little/ let down, but I expected it. And you're in no way wrong."

"Chin up Nate, there's lots of people to kill. You'll get your share."

In about an hour - most of it spent making coffee, meeting and greeting with the three mine bosses that Larry and Silence assembled, and waiting in anticipation of The Glorious Food - you and your peers are gathered (with the Glorious Food) around a table upon which a mostly-current map of the Mine rests.

"Do you want the bad news or the bad news?" Diving Shadow asks.

"Give me the absolute worst news possible," you tell her.

"I'm pregnant, you're the father, and Amy has been dead this entire time."
>>
>>44797022
>"I'm pregnant, you're the father, and Amy has been dead this entire time."
Heh.
>>
>>44797150
Just like my Chinese cartoons.
>>
File: 1452430311672.jpg (95KB, 747x820px) Image search: [Google]
1452430311672.jpg
95KB, 747x820px
>>44797022
"Scale it back a bit, Diving Shadow," you tell her with a small chuckle, which becomes an actual laugh when you see the look on the faces of the mine bosses. "We can discuss our love child after."

Diving Shadow points to the map. "This is the tunnel leading from the Shaft to the Company Store. It's stable, and it's reinforced with one of the Baron's favorite tricks - cannons. You know those rifles? Cannons are to those what ballistae are to crossbows."

"Oh gods damn it," you swear.

"Four /Treason/-class cannons guard the mouth of the tunnel. They'll fire about a round a minute in ideal circumstances, but the shots bounce and plow through people and you can bet your ass they'll stagger it. There's no getting through here in normal circumstances."

"But we have abnormal circumstances," Silence interjects. "I can take a team through the stone, behind the cannons, and take out their crews. They'll be all over my ass, but we bring up the rest of the vanguard the moment I gave the signal and start the push. Larry, you establish a shelter here, at the base of the Shaft, for the medics to work out of."

"Can do," the earth mage agrees.

"The Shaft itself is a little over a thousand feet; there's the freight elevator at its center, and the Spiral Stair at the outer rim," Diving Shadow continues. "Platforms and structures are also attached to the walls, mostly residences. All of them have a commanding view. The surviving garrison there will have the high ground, a range advantage, and the terrain on their side, and you can bet your ass we'll see oil on those stairs. Eric, you get those shields?"

"Aye," one of the bosses answers. "Slow advance behind them?"

"Pretty much. Amy and I will be able to interdict to an extent, and I can air-drop volunteers to storm the houses -"

"I volunteer," Nathan says immediately.

"Which will let us negate some of that advantage," Diving Shadow continues smoothly.
>>
File: 1447650638349.png (62KB, 297x173px) Image search: [Google]
1447650638349.png
62KB, 297x173px
>>44797290
"Make no mistake of it, though, we're plunging into a bloody fight," you say solemnly. "We're banking on magical advantages leveling out the terrain problems, because without them I wouldn't attempt this at all."

"Will we have the men to storm the Baron's demense after this?" one of the bosses says skeptically.

"We'll have reinforcements comin'," Amy tells him. "People who owe us favors, and damn fine soldiers besides. Plus potentially another necromancer."

"One with military experience," you add. "I'd love to get her perspective on this."

"I'll do what I can to keep the Spiral Staircase clear," Silence says. "My men are ready to fight. That in mind, they're mortal. I'm not. I may have to order them back."

"No one's asking them to be our meat shields," you reassure her, softly.

"Good," the fairy woman says curtly. "Are we resolved, then?"

"Aye," seems to be the general agreement. In thirty minutes, you and the others will move out for the assault.

> You are Nathan Bookchild (Valor Is Its Own Reward)
> You are Amy the Dungeonbreaker (What Falls May Rise)
> You are Sir Fetch the Nightfeather (Stories Feed the Soul)
> You are Miss Silence (Home Is Where The Heart Is)
>>
>>44797440
>> You are Miss Silence (Home Is Where The Heart Is)
This just sounds so very interesting.
>>
>>44796716

The primary issue is that in a setting with Gods, can you say whether something is done because you wanted to do it, or because a God wanted you to do it?

And weather is a terrible example.

Weather represents a complex system that's incapable of thinking for itself. Whereas a human being, with the option to make their own choices, can choose what they want to do. The difference in predictive modeling is one major difference, yes. But there's also the fact that we don't like being told what our future holds.

Being told that you're doomed to die by sword in the back, isn't exactly something you like hearing. But, even if you know it's the most likely event, you still don't like hearing it.

But we like thinking that we can change our fate. That, no matter how bad things get, there's the chance to turn them around. The ticket to the future is always blank, and all that.

So, people tend to think of free will as representing that blank ticket. Sure, you might always have been planning to fight, but you don't have to get stabbed in the back.

The other side of course, is that this means that technically nothing you ever did will matter because everything was 'meant' to happen. That you were essentially a pre-programmed doll executing orders and that even your emotions were a facsimile meant to simply carry out the illusion of thought. Well, that's kind of an antagonistic take, but eh.
>>
>>44797440

This ought to be interesting.
>>
>>44797440
>>
>>44797440

I feel like we switch POV too much, but that's just me.
>>
>>44797440
>You are Nathan Bookchild (Valor Is Its Own Reward)
I want to hear him bitch about his peg leg during this for I am an asshole.
>>
>>44797440
>> You are Nathan Bookchild (Valor Is Its Own Reward)
Go Nate
>>
>>44795958
>>44796716
>>44797570
Seers are generally unreliable, which doesn't stop them from using their talents if they have them. The biggest issue is that predicting the future predicts the future as it would have been /if you hadn't looked/. This means that the moment you take a peek you have a problem on your hands, because the future you saw may no longer be valid. Most of the rare few who can divine events not yet to come focus in on close-by futures because they're easier to react to; you can check and re-check with a reasonable degree of accuracy as you shape your fate in the direction you want it to go.

This still gives them a tendency to stare blankly and sometimes walk into walls.

These seers do, however, make a surprising living in predicting things based on absolute knowns or unchanging circumstances; for instance, Verve was fitted to Nate's hand and build based on prophetic information, and only losing his hands entirely really could have made that information less useful.

The second and perhaps more relevant issue with predicting the future is no two seers have the same perspective and the information they get is not always helpful because it lacks sufficient context. You can see a man sitting in a cloth room dyed violet, but that doesn't tell you that he's in a tent underground at a particular location, does it?

Overall, will is thought to be free and the future mostly fluid.
>>
>>44797440
This might be our only chance!!!
>>
Vote extended while I snag some dinner.

>>44797632
I'd been somewhat worried about that, but...with Bri in the support role I figured anon would wanna follow the action?
>>
>>44797570
So what's a choice? I'm serious. What, actually, is a choice? How does it differ from the outcome of a complex system? This whole thing is grounded in something called the mind-brain dichotomy, the idea that the mind is something separate from the biology of the brain. But there's never been any evidence of that, and there's been plenty of evidence (brain damage comes to mind) that the mind is simply the functions performed by the complex system that is the brain. In fact, I don't think I've ever met a psychologist who doesn't find the mind-brain dichotomy ludicrous on the face of it. And that's my field, so I've met a lot of them.

But just because choices are a function of biology doesn't mean you didn't make them. Because you /are/ the biology. The complex system that produces those choices is /you/.
>>
>>44798249
It's fine, but she's the main character. I'd rather stick with her more, action or no action I trust you to make it interesting.
>>
>>44798249

With Bri doing a support role, and battlefield triage being something entirely /reactive/, I actually like that we're getting a seat in the front row.

>>44798254

Yes, our minds are essentially meat powered computers, that can run on an entirely pre-defined set of parameters.

But that doesn't mean we like to think about things like that.

There's also the fact that we tend to think of ourselves as more than our biology. Mankind's not ruled by it's baser instincts and the chemicals inside their heads. A sociopath can become a torturous murderer, or a successful lawyer. A kid born blind can get a job as a counselor or study to be a composer. Sure, there's cultural and social systems that influence us too, on top our biology, but the idea of self-determination is something that's been romanticized about for a very long time as well.

People like to think that their actions have weight, that their decisions matter.
>>
>>44797440
Silent but violent
>>
>>
Well that's pretty conclusive. Called, writing. Might take me a bit, bear with me.
>>
> You are Nathan Bookchild (Valor is its Own Reward)
>>
Or my house can lose power and dump the draft. Fixing.
>>
> You are Sir Fetch the Nightfeather (Stories Feed the Soul)

i refuse to believe there is any other choice.
>>
>>44800452
That's bullshit and a half
>>
>>44797440
>> You are Sir Fetch the Nightfeather (Stories Feed the Soul)
either of these

I'll hold off on Nate and Amy until they get their wraithsteel powerups
>>
>>44798786
Not for a moment arguing that that's not how we like to think of ourselves. And weirdly, I'm not arguing that it's entirely wrong. Our actions do have weight. Our decisions do matter. They happen to be the actions and decisions of a meat computer, but that doesn't make them any less /our/ actions, because we /are/ the meat computer.

Of course, people tend to have a problem with that bit. We like to think of ourselves as more than our flesh. Which, frankly, I find kind of insulting. Turns out our flesh is pretty amazing, and I'd hate to reduce that by replacing the most amazing parts with hand-wavy magic.

But that's me. I'm weird.
>>
Power's back. Update shortly.

In the meantime, as usual, discussion and questions welcomed.

...Geez, these last few days have been disjointed runs. I'm sorry folks.
>>
It's fine Vox
>>
>>44801780
Don't worry about it
>>
>>44801780
it's no worse then some of my table top games I go to some times.
>>
>>44801780
It's been fun anyway, and one hell of a ride like always.
>>
>>44801780
>these last few days have been disjointed runs
>still here everyday
haha, you make funny

I miss Status Quo
>>
File: 86KWU4g.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
86KWU4g.gif
776KB, 500x273px
>>44801932
>>
>>44801972
you're still here, still updating at least once everyday, at a higher quality than the average nanowrimo, for more than a month.

RL interruptions are totally acceptable.

Status Quo was a different quest where the QM updated every....4-6 hours. WHEN HE WAS ACTUALLY THERE. Still good, though.
>>
did we ever get that worldbuilding?
>>
>>44802068
Huh. You know, one of these years I really need to /do/ a NaNoWriMo, just to see what the insane pace does to my writing style. The only novel I've currently finished (Mourners) happened on accident; I wrote each part when I had inspiration, and then when the boss was counting the words out he realized I'd written a fucking book when I wasn't looking.

It was an odd feeling.

Real life almost slain. Still a good time for questions. Just need to take out the dishes and then we can START THIS FIGHT UP PROPERLY. Double coffee's already made and warm, I've got cash for more Monster if I need it, we're doing this fucking battle tonight.
>>
Good news - dishes are done.

Bad news - power still flickering.
>>
has a god ever descended to live along mortals for a vast period of time? what were the angel choirs again?
>>
>>44804584
Not to anyone's knowledge. Mortals sometimes speak with the gods (especially the Chosen, but remember previous comments re: "Man who speak with god have difficult life") but the common knowledge is that you only get to see them after you cack it.

Some cults theorize that the gods are so mighty that they would harm creation by manifesting upon it. Most mainstream faiths feel this idea might be a little too enthusiastic.
>>
Because I could, I counted Vox's posts.

44 posts total. There are 6 posts with story bits. Not counting OP. 3 of them had prompts. And 1 for a dunk duchess worldbuilding vote.

I don't know why I did this.
>>
>>44805474
And now you know why I keep apologizing.

Writing now.
>>
File: 1450495222846.jpg (75KB, 454x623px) Image search: [Google]
1450495222846.jpg
75KB, 454x623px
>>44797440
You are Miss Silence, a boss of the Mine, and today you are leading your men - the ones who volunteered, anyway - in glorious battle.

It's been awhile. A grin splits your face as you dash through the winding tunnels, three Miners with you - Skip, Vik, and Rat, all able-bodied men who knew their way around a fight. You'll probably be outnumbered at the cannons, but that's fine. As long as the mortals don't have iron weapons, you can carry that fight on your own if you have to.

Hmph. Famous last words. You need to watch those.

You press against the tunnel wall and put your ear to it. On the other side, through about ten feet of rock, you can hear the men manning the cannons talking idly - on watch, and wary, but passing the time in the absence of an enemy.

Good. You flip the golden coin that contains your spear and catch the weapon in one hand while your men draw heavy chains and mining picks to the ready.

"Move fast," you warn them. "You don't want to get stuck in the rock."

You touch the stone with your hand and feel it ripple as it grants passage to you and yours. You surge through, the rock parting like mist before you, and leap into the attack on the other side.

You alight on one of the cannons and flick the tip of your spear across a man's throat, dancing away from the spray of blood that erupts from it. Something in the air smells wrong - something aflame, like - oh, fuck.

Behind the seventeen living men is a towering, vaguely humanoid form made of molten, flowing metal.

"FORGE BEAST!" you yell in warning, as your troops emerge.

> Engage it directly
> Scatter to avoid it
> Retreat
>>
>>44806666
>> Scatter to avoid it
>>
>>44806666
>As long as the mortals don't have iron weapons
Aren't almost all weapons iron? Anyway,
> Scatter to avoid it
>>
> Scatter to avoid it
>>
>>44806764
Most weapons and tools are steel. Iron makes poor tools by itself.
>>
>>44806764
Once it's refined into steel, iron loses the qualities that make it harmful to many supernatural beings. Steel is, however, still the superior metal for most everyday uses. The end result is that the majority of metal weapons are steel because you use them to kill, well, mortals, with a strong subset of iron weaponry or ammunition for those who expect their lives to be monster-enhanced.
>>
>>44806666
> Draw it off ourselves since we can dodge through rock while our men carry the assault
>>
>>44806666
>> Scatter to avoid it
>>
> Scatter to avoid it
>>
>>44806666
>Scatter to avoid it
Unless it is a VERY BAD THING, then
>Retreat
>>
Called, writing.
>>
>>44798786
>>44798254
>>44797570
>>44796716
I too subscribe to deterministic free will.
You are not a quantum random generator. You have a personality that drives your actions, based on both long past and recent circumstances. You don't "randomly" become angry, you are angry because circumstances presented you with a lot of irritants recently and/or a specific irritant representing a big deal for you.

In fantasy with divinations, it depends on how the predictions roll. I see three somewhat distinct types

>Probabilistic
They predict something that is likely to happen based on current circumstances. They may be averted with the clues read from them, or may even just fail. Or you may draw wrong conclusion and fail to really avert anything.
For example, a young noble is predicted to fall off his horse and break his neck on a certain day. Prophesy doesn't say it, but that's going to happen because he plans to show off by riding a wild stallion on harsh terrain and he is not as good of a rider as he thinks. He can easily avert it by not going horseriding that day, but fail to really avert it by going riding the day after and falling on that day.
>True At The Moment
This prophecy is guaranteed true before accounting for itself. If a noble is predicted to be poisoned at a dinner, then hearing it will make him enact additional precautions and survive the attempt.
>Absolutely True, Self-Enforcing.
These recursively account for themselves, telling you of the future that you will enact upon after hearing your future. Noble is told that in a month he will die from poison at a dinner, but there never was going to be any attempt at his life in his home, it is only the prophecy that caused him enough paranoia to bug out innawoods and pick up a wrong mushroom in a months time. Parents are told their child will die by falling off a horse and they never let him learn how to ride, which makes him fall off when he for some reason has to try.
>>
File: aaron-nakahara-shadim.jpg (332KB, 1191x1920px) Image search: [Google]
aaron-nakahara-shadim.jpg
332KB, 1191x1920px
>>44806666
"Scatter, kill the crews!" you order. You twitch your spear into the path of a bullet, just before it's fired; the round zings off of the metal, and your assailant is repaid with the butt of your haft to his temple. Bones fold and crack with a sharp, clear sound.

Your men scatter as the forge beast charges; Vik ducks a swipe of its dripping hand and hisses when the burning metal hits his shoulder. You throw your spear into the chests of two men with the misfortune to be standing close together and then stomp the stone of the Mine for a new weapon.

A massive maul jumps obediently from the stone and lands in your grip.

"HEY!" you call. The elemental looks your direction just in time to see you swinging your hammer at one of the cannons. The barrel rips from its base with the screech of stripping metal and sails into the forge beast's body before exploding, scattering droplets of burning metal all over the battlefield. The Baron's soldiers scream when they are hit.

"Come get some," you hiss with glee.

> Fight like a sorcerer
> Fight like a warrior
> Just distract it

And

> Give the signal
> Wait
>>
>>44807951
>> Fight like a sorcerer
> Wait

Almost there
>>
self-enforcing prophecies, like the Odyssey. :P

There's another type of divination, which is the type people often turn to in order to get help with problems, which is an extension of the probabilistic type but with multiple outcomes.

Someone comes up like 'I'm torn whether or not to Do X, can you help' and the diviner gives answers along the lines of 'doing X will be like this and give this result, not doing X will be like that and give that result'.

This kind of encapsulates how you can have both the ability to have free will and the ability to predict results.
>>
>>44807951
> Fight like a sorcerer
> Wait
>>
>>44807951
>> Fight like a warrior

Smash!!
>>
>>44765383

just popping into this thread to say that op's pic is badass and drew my attention.
>>
>>44807951
> Fight like a warrior

> Wait
>>
>>44808079
All credit to the esteemed GentlemanKong for the pic. Glad to hear you like it though!
>>
>>44807951
>Knock all the canons into it and/or let the beast rampage into the canons

>give the signal
>>
>>44807951
>Fight like a Brave
>Don't be afraid
>No one can take
>You've got to be a brave
>>
Alright folks. I know I promised the fight tonight but it's 2 AM and I desperately need sleep. Also this house is freezing, the power blows every time I turn on a heater, and I would like to crawl under the blankets and avoid the grim specter of death. Vote will remain open until the morning.

Discussion, questions, comments, feedback & criticisms are both welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>44807951
>Fight like a sorcerer
>Wait
>>
>>44808149
Thanks for running boss, get some fucking sleep
>>
>>44808149
Jesus, don't I fucking know how you feel. Stay warm and get some proper shut eye, oh magical caffeinated bone-slut.
>>
>>44807951
> Fight like a sorcerer
> Wait

Handle burning shit from range if possible.
>>
How do people hear the character voices in this? All I hear for Nate is Nolan North and I hear Tara Strong as Amy. I can't cast Bri off the top of my head, but I hear a thick Louisianan accent, that or just a southern drawl.
>>
>>44808902

I actually hear Nate as close to Shia LaBeouf for whatever reason. Maybe his initial post-resurrection freakout.

Tara Strong is good for Amy. Doing a gruffer/more hyper version of her Azula voice?

I want to say Sigourney Weaver for Bri, but she's not quite it.
>>
>>44809079
Tara Strong wasn't Azula, also I think Nate's voice is a bit manlier
>>
>>44809130

Ah, crap. Thought she was for reason.

And Shia's voice has deepened since Transformers.
>>
OK, so it's 6:30 in the fucking morning and I have nothing to do. Which of these should I doodle?
>Nesting Doll of Adorables
>Feathery Fedora of Fearlessness
>It's A Rough Profession
>Son of Sorrow
>Sensual Smoker
>Dungeon Noir
>Shush Now, Pretty Bird
>The Masochism Tango
>Stand Thine Ground
>Memento Mori
>Who's A Good Girl?
>Big Damn Heroes

>>44807951
Also, because I'm an idiot and forgot to vote last night.
>Fight like a sorcerer.
As awesome and super-stronk an eight foot tall Fae may be, punching lava does not work. At all.
>Wait.
The Baron might be waiting to spring some nasty surprise. Like summoning Lora. Let's /not/ do what he wants.
>>
>>44810514
>Shush Now, Pretty Bird

And I did the same, so while I go back to PRODUCTION OF DUNGEONY WORDS have a vote:

> Fight like a sorcerer
> Wait
>>
>>44810514
>In with a Bang, Out with a Leg
>>
>Feathery Fedora of Fearlessness
>>
>>44810514
>In with a Bang, Out with a Leg

Sleep? Who needs it? I'm not sleeping tonight, I just finished gming for 8 hours.

Fuck what am I doing
>>
>>44810660
>>44811236
Just so I can have some context, what are these votes for? I mean, I never listed anything under that title.

I'm currently assuming its for Nathan squaring off against the giant angry metal serpent.

Also, I've started on >>44810809
Because I want to make sure that I get the faces for >>44810617 right, and chickens are helluvalot easier.
>>
>>44811330
I'm going to be real with you, I saw it and thought "oh I missed that one that sounds cool" and copy pasted it.

Originally I was going to go with
>Son of Sorrow
>>
>>44811330
>I'm currently assuming its for Nathan squaring off against the giant angry metal serpent.
Yup
>>
File: Feathery Fedora of Fearlessness.png (46KB, 1080x712px) Image search: [Google]
Feathery Fedora of Fearlessness.png
46KB, 1080x712px
>>44811693
Yeah, that one's 'Stand Thine Ground'. I had them listed in the previous thread, with descriptions. But that's neither here nor there. I'll start that after I take a break from the current sketch.

I wasn't even thinking, and just decided that Amy would look cute as hell being silly in a too-big shirt post-coitus. The two speech bubbles to the left are Brianna and Nate commenting.

I might make a pic of the three of them posing with Sir Fetch on their heads, just a bit more silliness. Probably title it 'Fashion Statement' or something droll.

I've also decide that I will eventually do some fanservice pieces of our three heroes, but they will be tasteful and classy. I will be damned if I do any of that half-assed.
>>
>>44812043
That is amazing. Nathan's little speech symbol is so flustered, it's adorable.

Also,
> Classy Bri fanservice
Yes please.
>>
I've been hearing Bri's voice as Tiana from Princess and the Frog
>>
>>44812043
Niiiiice. I look forward to whatever you end up making.

>>44812781
This amuses me.

I'M AWAKE. VOTES CALLED. WRITING.
>>
File: 1449459917197.png (271KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
1449459917197.png
271KB, 599x457px
>>44807951
As much as you love a good fight, this thing is gigantic - elementals of liquids and solids tend to be - and taller even than you. Getting in its reach would be a poor idea.

Thankfully, you don't have to.

"Clumsy," you chide the soldiers around you, even as they train their weapons on you. Steel bullets flatten uselessly against your skin while the forge beast lumbers into a roaring charge. You leap back and slam the maul against the stone, sending a wave of rocky spikes surging towards the elemental. It flows aside and flings a glob of burning steel at you, which you duck with casual grace.

You can see reinforcements dropping from the Shaft. This needs to be over quickly.

"You intrude on my home, elemental," you say clearly. "You are unwelcome and unwanted!"

The forge beast lurches; you, and it, can feel the displeasure of the Mine focus down upon it.

"BEGONE FROM THIS HOUSE!" you shout. The spells binding the elemental strain, and you smile as you feel them snap, one by one.

And then the rest hold. It's free, but still bound to this world.

This is fine. It'll go on a rampage and -

The forge beast roars and charges towards you, flinging globs of burning metal. Right, it still remembers you hurting it.

> Lure it away
> Try to slide past it and make it rampage into the Baron's forces
> Nope.gif.avi.jpg.txt
>>
>>44814169
>Use it to get rid of the canons
>and later on as a meatshield for Lora incase the orders are poorly worded
>>
>>44814314
It is kinda pissed at us anon. How do you segest we do that?
>>
>>44814169
Toro! Toro!
>>
>>44814336
put it between us and the canons
after that's done, and Silence's miners are well out of combat,
Try to slide past it and make it rampage into the Baron's forces

it's the same thing, only we don't actively make the Baron's forces attack it
>>
>>44814169
>> Try to slide past it and make it rampage into the Baron's forces
>>
>>44814169
>>
>>44814387
I mean put the canons between us and it. You get the idea.
>>
>>44814169
It won't backfire at all, no siree Bob.
>>
From the neuropsychological studies I read I totally second
>>44798254
but the issue brought up by
>>44798786
is a different thing.
It has been found (with fMRI) that when somebody is presented with a choice, the brain has already decided on one option for a significant fraction of a second while the person is still weighting the pros and cons. This is probably because of the meat-computer functionality of the brain; people (/the mind/the personality) are shaped by their past life so that they will, in general, behave in a certain way in a certain situation. If you were regularly hit with a belt as a child you will react differently to somebody taking off their belt than somebody who grew up in a belt factory without being hit.
But this automatic, machine-like behaviour and decision-making (which can't be called "free will" at all) only works for simple stuff. Choices on how we spend our lives and what we strive to achieve are much more complex and I don't think that the path the blind child takes be explained as easily. If the parents are musicians and the child is exposed to music all the time it might tend to go the composer route. But there are so many options and variables that the question "as your college education, do you take the counselor or the composer" will be more of a free will decision (or the meat-computer programming is so incredibly complex that there is a predetermined answer). So this can't decide the "free will vs determination" problem.
Generations of philosophers have been expended and without a proof of god's existence/will or some other thing beyond the human-observable dimensions it will probably never been known.

>>44800995
Yeah.

Back on topic:
>>44814169
>Something between lure away and rampage into the Baron's forces: Sliding past it will just make it turn around and still follow us, so we should lure it into the enemy's mid (and across the cannons first).
>>
>>44812541
I've been imagining Bri strutting through a bedroom door with nothing but her cane, a scarf, and her top hat. I'd title it 'You Can Leave Your Hat On'.
>Nate: "Wait, you're going to wear your hat to bed?"
>Bri: "Of course! Why wouldn't I?"
>Nate: "And the cane?"
>Bri: "I'm sure I can find a place to put it.."
>Amy: "Tehehe!"

>>44814169
I'm going to assume that whoever summoned and bound this thing is not yet aware that their control has been broken?

>Try to slide past it and make it rampage into the Baron's forces.
Nothing like several tons of semi-sentient lava to make an impression.

Also, if the Mine is somewhat aware, and Silence can use this to reinforce her magic if it aligns with the will of the Mine, can Brianna eventually do something similar throughout the Dungeon as the Heritor? Or is it a matter of being so attuned to one place that you come to embody what it stands for?
>>
>>44814928
>Also, if the Mine is somewhat aware, and Silence can use this to reinforce her magic if it aligns with the will of the Mine, can Brianna eventually do something similar throughout the Dungeon as the Heritor? Or is it a matter of being so attuned to one place that you come to embody what it stands for?
Might be more about being a fey bound and sworn to the Mine.
>>
>>44814169
>> Nope.gif.avi.jpg.txt

We indiana jones now
>>
Sorry about the delay folks. Real life got me, and then we were arranging the Gallows Humor update, which is now posted.

Votes called, writing.
>>
File: Whip It.jpg (207KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Whip It.jpg
207KB, 1191x670px
>>44814169
You slam your maul into the wall next to you and dash forward, just behind the rippling line of spines that erupts from the stone. Hopefully this'll keep the forge beast off of you long enough to slide...

[HIDDEN CHECK: FAILURE]

Burning metal coats your side, and you let out a scream of fury and agony, your smooth slide turning into a tumbling roll. You stand to your feet and leap aside on sheer instinct; the forge beast crashes into the stone with a furious roar.

Worlds of pain blossom on your right side, clinging and burning.

"C'mon," you growl throatily. "That all you got?"

The elemental roars wetly, and you sprint towards the Baron's incoming forces. The steel bullets that didn't hurt at all before now sting and jolt you - the forge beat's influence, no doubt, but not enough to make it a problem. Yet.

"Scatter!" you snap at your men, and they throw themselves aside just in time to avoid the forge beast crashing through two of the remaining cannons, which explode into its body. It howls in fury behind you, and you turn to face it.

You duck as it starts flinging its burning blood at you, and smile in grim satisfaction when you hear the Baron's men scream in agony.

You bring out your bell and toll the silence through the Mine - the signal for your backup.

> Fight the forge beast
> Charge into the Shaft
> Get the fuck out
>>
>>44816270
> Get the fuck out
We did our job, no need to risk ourselves more than we need to.

Also, since when do we have checks?
>>
>>44816314
They happen rarely, for high-risk options. Happened once before, with the boar in the Obstacle Course.
>>
>>44816270
>> Get the fuck out
>>
Additional question folks; if "get the fuck out" wins we'll need to move the PoV. Would you prefer to shift back to Bri, or have an option to pick out from the people going into the fray?
>>
>>44816374
Bri would be fine, like I said before I feel like we shift POV too much.
>>
>>44816270
>> Charge into the Shaft
>>
>>44816374
I like the POV shifts. It provides another angle to see the action from. Besides, I think that with Bri in a support role, I'd rather stick with the people in the middle of the action.

As for my vote:
> Get the fuck out
>>
>>44816270
>Fight the forge beast
Nobody hurts Silence and gets away with it.
>>
>>44816374
As the QM, you know best. Will Bri's POV be boring? Then don't do it.
>>
>>44816598
If get the fuck out wins
>Switch POV to Sir Fetch
>>
>>44816617
Not looking for votes on the matter now, just kinda getting anon's thoughts.

>>44816604
My concern is being too close to the problem to judge correctly.
>>
>>44816635
I'm biased as fuck, but I figure anything you write will be entertaining.
>>
File: Portrait of Bri's To Come.png (8KB, 315x352px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait of Bri's To Come.png
8KB, 315x352px
>>44816635
What would charging into the Shaft get us? Because I don't want to see Silence immediately buck out, but I don't want her to get killed by a bunch of bullet-bee stings.

Also, what do you think of this for the lovely Brianna la Croix? I've never been /great/ with figures or faces, but I'm taking this slow and trying to do it right.
>>
>>44816674
The earring is a nice touch. I love the hair as well.

Charging into the Shaft means you might be able to use the forge beast to soften the defenses, if you're quick and cunning. It also means you're staying in the battle at the vanguard and leading the charge up the stairs rather than going back to have your wounds tended to.
>>
>>44816270
> Charge into the Shaft
>>
>>44816270
>> Charge into the Shaft

Get stuck in!
>>
>>44816779
Hmmm. Is it possible that, by ditching at the last moment (like using her trick to move through the stone), the Forge Beast will keep moving forward to attack the forces based in the Shaft rather than turning around and killing our own men?

That aside, I don't want Mr. Silence getting blown up or eaten by a raging elemental.
>Get the fuck out.

Also, we need to make DAMN sure that if this fucking thing dies in the battle, we collect the parts so Nathan can have an awesome elemental leg.
>>
>>44816270
>> Get the fuck out
>>
>>44816946
Wow. Silence is suddenly a dude, and the dickish Fae behavior makes so much more sense.
>>
Called, tallying, writing.
>>
>>44808149
>avoid the grim specter of death

hiding from yourself again? that never goes well.
>>
That feel when interrupted. NOW writing.
>>
>>44814928
>You Can Leave Your Hat On

If I may be so bold as to direct your attention to behind the building of WWSF...

(You inspired me. :D )
>>
>>44818908
?
>>
>>44818908
Yeeeeessssssss.
>>
>>44818937

Whoops, sorry, force of habit to abbreviate.
What I mean is: you can go to wildwestscifi.net, the site that also hosts Gallows Humor, and peruse the Behind The Building link (right-hand side) to aquire lewds.

In this case DLQ hat related lewds.
>>
>>44818937
He's referring to the dark alley at http://wildwestscifi.net/, the site where Vox writes for a webcomic. There's new (explicit) fanart. Ctrl+F 'Behind the Building' to find the link that will lead you to the art.

Now that I think about it, Vox, it might be a good idea to link the webcomic in the OP, if only for the people who ask about it every few threads.
>>
>>44818908
>>44819132
>>44819134
Bueno
>>
>>44818908
some how that hip is distracting in a not good way
>>
> 44819173

That sounds worrying. Can you elaborate or is it a vague feeling?
>>
File: 1449466245054.jpg (690KB, 1038x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449466245054.jpg
690KB, 1038x800px
>>44816270
You catch Vik's eye and give a quick hand signal; he grabs his compatriots and starts running back for the vanguard while the forge beast picks itself up, huffing heavily.

This hasn't gone how you imagined it, but it's still gone damn well. You let the stone beneath your feet swallow you; the impotent rage of the forge beast echoes through the tunnel, shaking the stone as it vainly pounds the ground in search of you.

Far away from the eyes of mortals, you relax enough to express your real feelings.

"Owfuckgodsowwhydidyouinventpainsweethellitfuckingburns."

You are Brianna la Croix, journeyman necromancer, and merciful gods this is a hellish fight.

The vanguard meets the initial group of the Baron's men with a wild yell; the incoming gunfire isn't nearly enough to slow their charge, and the hapless soldiers are swept under a tide of swinging picks and return fire from the stolen guns claimed by the Miners.

Diving Shadow wings overhead, Nathan in one talon and Amy in the other, with Fetch and your minions riding on her back. She hurls her daughter at one of the houses sheltering a nest of gunmen, and you see the flash of flame as she brings her demonic weapons to bear.

Fetch and your minions leap onto the staircase. Your tiny knight can be heard over the din of battle - "SURRENDER, VILLAINS!" .

Then Larry cuts off your view by raising a curving wall of stone, sheltering you from gunfire and giving him someplace to put the low stone surfaces he raises in turn. Already wounded are being brought to you, and clamp your empty pipe between your teeth and roll up your sleeve.

> Triage with necromancy
> Triage with your medical training
>>
>>44819680
>> Triage with your medical training
>>
>>44819680
>Triage with your medical training
Necromancy is probably more effective but as I understand it will tire you out faster and triage for a major battle is going to go on for a LONG time.
>>
>>44819680

Because there are going to be a lot of wounded and we can't be dealing with the fatigue of using necromancy.
>>
>>44819361
Not the same anon but her crotch seems a bit too high up, I don't really have the time to explain it better because I need sleep pretty badly at this point.
>>
>>44819754
>Triage with necromancy

I mean, we did learn necromancy for a reason.
>>
>>44819680
> Triage with your medical training
>>
>>44819680
>> Triage with your medical training

reserve necro for later
>>
>>44819680
necromancy is for the ones who died but can still be brought back, till that point though we'll do our best to make sure they DON'T die
>>
I'ma call the vote when I'm done eating dinner.
>>
>>44819925

Interesting... you might be onto something there. Corrected. How's it now?
>>
>>44820534
Not that anon, but it looks great
>>
>>44820534
The thing is, legs on usual people are about as long as the rest of body is tall.

Legs on your bri are as long as she is tall plus the hat.
>>
>>44820534
definetly better, still a bit weird but now to it might just be her stance.
>>
Glorious dinner.

Called, writing.
>>
>>44821059
*to me
>>
>>44820534
Looks great.
>>
File: Medical Necromancy.jpg (69KB, 640x645px) Image search: [Google]
Medical Necromancy.jpg
69KB, 640x645px
>>44819680
Breaking out the stone with a hole in this early would be helpful, but maybe too exhausting in the long run. You grit your teeth and help with the patients, moving amongst the medically-trained Miners and offering your help. The wounds left by the bullets take some getting used to - you expected them to be more like arrow wounds, but it doesn't take long for you to get a feel for them, between your death sense and a cool head.

Shot after shot rings against your stone shelter while you work.

"Defend the wounded," you mutter to Kat, and the shadow rises to interpose itself between any potential attackers and your patients.

Larry has to raise more slabs as you work, and you keep stopping, distracted, whenever you hear a voice you recognize over the din. You look back down - andSilenceisstandingrightoveryou.

"Fucking hell," you shout, taking a step back. The fairy clutches her side, where what looks like raw iron has been welded to her. Her black veins crawl with a horrible red color while she sways in place.

"I think I fucked up," the fairy admits, her voice hoarse.

> Call for Larry (slow down treatment of the rest of the wounded)
> Treat her yourself
>>
>>44822141
> Treat her yourself
>>
>>44822141
>Treat her yourself
Friendship!
>>
>>44822141
>> Treat her yourself
>>
>>44822141
>> Call for Larry (slow down treatment of the rest of the wounded)
>>
>>44822141
>> Treat her yourself
But bust out some of the bigger guns on this.
>>
>>44822141
>> Treat her yourself

Oh fuck, raw iron, fuuuuck!!!
>>
>>44822141
>> Treat her yourself
The thing about being immortal is, in the long run, it just gives you more chances to do something real fucking stupid.
>>
Called, writing new thread.

Also, today in Vox Has Problems

> "Man I should put on some mood music for this fight."
> "Eh...this isn't helping."
> Put on comedy music instead
> Immediately get inspiration for the battle and Silence's treatment

Something is not wired correctly in my fucking brain.
>>
>>44823147
>Something is not wired correctly in my fucking brain.
Might be the fact that you've been running a quest for a month straight on painkillers, booze, lack of sleep, redbull, and whatever else I'm forgetting.
>>
>>44823147
There have been some militay engagements in history that could accuratly be scored by the Benney Hill theme.
>>
>>44823659

Double coffee. That's what you're forgetting.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>44823614
>>44823614
>>44823614
>>44823614
>>
File: The Russian Navy.jpg (349KB, 1807x1384px) Image search: [Google]
The Russian Navy.jpg
349KB, 1807x1384px
>>44823687
For example.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.