[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Feats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: 1451438573688.png (16KB, 307x308px) Image search: [Google]
1451438573688.png
16KB, 307x308px
Who else Spring Attack here?
>>
>>44758939
Shitty as fuck feats thread? Ok, deadeye shot for scouts
>>
>>44759032
Never said it was good, just that it was my favorite. It would actually be pretty good if it weren't for the whole "you need to take mobility, the 2nd shittiest feat there is" bit.
>>
>>44759085
and dodge, the 1st shittiest.
>>
>>44758939
Greater Cleave. You'll almost never get to use it, but when you do it's always fun to see a mess of enemies disappear at once.
>>
Gloom razor
>>
>>44759114
>dodge
>shittier than combat expertise
Nice try, anon
>>
>>44759277
combat expertise is a requisite for one of the most awesome feats if you're a martial, improved trip, totally worth it.

meanwhile dodge is pretty fucking shitty, a +1 to AC for a feat is already a bad invesment, but a situational as fuck +1 to AC for a feat is even worse.
>>
>>44759177
That and supreme cleave were my favorite when he played a epic level game and I made a frenzied berserker.

Pop one mook for 350 here, another there and conga your way through all their buddies in the group.
>>
Improved disarm.

Nothing pisses off a dick ass thief player when he tries to stab you in the back when your barbarian rips their kukri out of their hand then bisect them.
>>
>>44759407
>rogue
>sneak attacking a barbarian
Wut?
>>
>>44759331
It's a requisite for a lot of things, but it's still shit on its own.
If they made Improved Trip and the other things that use it as a tax cost two feats and removed combat expertise nothing would change at all in 99.99% of games
>>
>>44759447

>Tries to stab you in the back
>Tries

He's already a dickass, guess he never looked up "Uncanny Dodge".
>>
Furious Focus

Ignoring that trade off of attack for damage on power attack pretty much just says "Your first attack hits like a fucking truck."
>>
Real talk: Magic Initiate, in D&D 5e. It gives you two cantrips and one 1st-level spell, and in 5e, many cantrips are actually useful and the offensive ones scale with level so they stay relatively useful later on. This means your fighter can pick up Fire Bolt for a long-range spell attack that will end up dealing 4d10 damage at 120 feet at later levels, and have unlimited casts.

Its only real downside is that all the spells you pick have to be from the same class's spell list, and many 1st-level spells only scale well if you cast them with higher-level slots, which you won't get.
>>
File: ribandrage.jpg (46KB, 348x258px) Image search: [Google]
ribandrage.jpg
46KB, 348x258px
>>44763391
It also serves as a "Get a familiar" feat, with a bonus of two cantrips.

I really like having the choice of getting a familiar regardless of what class I play (even if it's not the most optimal build), because I really love familiars.
>>
>>44763391
Yeah, I took it for my cleric so I could get Druidcraft, but I think I've gotten more use out of Shillelagh than any other spell outside maybe Spirit Guardians.
>>
Vow of Peace
>>
>>44758939
Death From Above.

Don't get on my level.
>>
>>44766618
How does one take advantage of this if I want to pull off the dragoon shield-and-spear diving stab thing? Can you leap as part of a charge?

PF
>>
>>44766652
Couldn't tell you. I just use flying characters and mounts whenever possible.
>>
>>44758939
Lunge+Combat reflexes+Elven Branched spear.

Become the walking beartrap.
>>
>>44758939
kharmic strike

so much fun
>>
>>44758939
Diehard.
Just love the fact that even while bleeding profusely I will still be up and kicking
>>
troll blooded i think

but i really like item familiar, ancestral relic, able learner, keen eared scout, einhander, trickery devotion, and last but certainly not least serenity

maybe serenity is my favorite. or item familiar. fuck idk they're all cool.

wild cohort????
>>
>>44767284
shit also ascetic rogue is up there lol

sword of the arcane order too
>>
>>44763391
Gonna add on to this, 5e-wise: Sharpshooter. If you ever want to play an archer, it is the feat to get. Shoot with a longbow at a target up to 600 feet away with no penalties, ignore all but total cover with your ranged weapon attacks, and the ability to take -5 to the attack roll for +10 damage, all from one feat.
>>
>>44758939
3.5: tashalatora, makes psychic warrior fun

4e: surprising charge. The cornerstone of charging optimization, also a silly feat that focuses on running like a crazy person at people out of stealth and stabbing the shit out of them for massive damage

5e: spell sniper. Eldritch strike + eldritch spear + spell sniper = fun
>>
>>44763391
I like the way 5e handles feats in general. No more bullshit feat trees or builds where you have to plan out your progression over the next 5 levels before you feel any palpable results, any new feat is instantly a significant power-up now.
>>
>>44758939
There's a feat in 4E that I love, just the name escapes me at the moment. It's an Epic Level feat for Tieflings that turns all your stuns into Dominates. It pairs really well with a Psion Daily that can stun everyone in a 5x5- enemies and allies. I've been wanting to try that SO bad, it's just hard getting a game, much less one that lasts to epic level.

Other than that, I'd have to go with... I think it was called Arcane Admixture. Lets you add an element to a magic attack. Now it doesn't matter if the DM won't let you refluff!
>>
>>44767812
>over the next 5 levels
That's being generous, usually is like 9 or so
>>
>>44768067
Royal Command of Asmodeus
>>
>>44758939
I like the feat that lets me turn a herd into a giant omelette
>>
>>44763644
Familars are pretty awesome
>>
No monkey grip love?
>>
Back in the day a buddy of mine had a melee fighter with
>Agile Riposte: attack of opportunity if someone misses you in melee
>Karmic Strike: attack of opportunity if someone hits you in melee
>Combat Reflexes: extra attacks of opportunity equal to Dex bonus
>Deft Opportunist: +4 bonus to attacks of opportunity
Gimmicky but I like the idea.
>>
>>44774696
>"Just Shoot Me", the character.
>>
>>44774751
>"Oh No, A Monster With Reach, My One Weakness" the character
>>
File: indiana-jones-sword-guy-o.gif (5MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
indiana-jones-sword-guy-o.gif
5MB, 320x240px
>>44774751
>>
>>44758939
I checked this thread in hopes of some bully.
I am disappointed.
>>
>>44759331
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dirty-fighting-combat
>>
>>44773002
No, because it's terrible and generally not worth it ever.
>>
>>44774845
And to think that was an improvised scene.
>>
>>44758939
I've never gotten to use it for obvious reasons but I can't wait for the day when I can effectively use awesome blow on an enemy
>>
>>44774751
>>44774845
>>44774837

Reminds me of this Pathfinder character I made who had a ridiculously huge AC while being more or less unarmored (It's been like two years, it was the magus build with scimitar and shit, someone probably remembers). It involved sword dancing and shit.

I pranced the fucker in the middle of a pack of skeletons, thinking I was invincible and they had just messed with the wrong bad motherfucker. Then the skeletons mobbed him, dragged him down (because it was a finicky, gimmicky build and didn't do well against grappling) and half of them pulled on his limbs while the other half whacked him to death.

Someone made the reference. We all laughed.
>>
>>44773002
>Lose 2 to attack to gain 2 to damage
>Intead of picking power attack and lose 2 to attack to gain 4 to damage
mmmm, let me think...no
>>
>>44774696
>Not also double hit: You make 2 attacks on attacks of opportunity
Nothing new, I made a Monk/Psywarrior with those, pretty fun
>>
Uncanny Forethought. It's like I'm really a sorcerer.
>>
>>44774845
By examining Indy's posture in this scene you can really see the acid roiling around in his rectum.
>>
>>44779045
I didn't even know that one existed. What book is it from?
>>
>>44781263
Miniatures handbook
>>
>>44781374
Oh, no wonder I didn't recognize it, it's from that trash garbage book
>>
>>44781546
Trash? yes
But it has some rough diamonds like warhulk, double hit and maybe other stuff
>>
vow of peace because im an asshole that likes fucking over my team as much as my enemies.
>>
>>44758939
I prefer Winter Attack.
>>
>>44773002
monkey grip would be cool if it was powerful build in feat-form, but it isn't, instead it's just power attack but worse
>>
>Hurled Basics
>Benefit: Your Strength modifier is doubled when calculating
thrown weapon damage. Also, you gain a stance.
Zen Shot (Stance): Your target’s cover worsens by 2 grades
(e.g. 1/2 cover becomes no cover). You may not move while in this
stance (though you may still take Bonus 5-ft. Steps as normal).

So great with quick draw, high strength, and pretty much any throwing weapon.
>>
>>44785852
My fantasy craft nigga.
>>
>>44785909
Fuck yeah bud
Siege Supremacy is a close second for the dual wield battering ram guys.
>>
>>44774696
Where is Robillar's Gambit?
>>
File: himehorn-kotatsu.png (37KB, 833x496px) Image search: [Google]
himehorn-kotatsu.png
37KB, 833x496px
>>44775230
Please do not bully the himehorns
>>
>>44758939
5e, observant.
Couple it with high wis or int, and a magic item that grants advantage to perception or investigation.

Advantage translates to +5 for the passive score, in addition to benefitting active rolls.

So with 20 wisdom, perception advantage, and observant, you end up with 27 passive perception, and never miss anything.

20 int, investigation advantage, observant is 27 passive investigation.

I recommend it.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.