[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make an awesome punk-rocker bard in a medieval fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Bards.jpg (30KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
Bards.jpg
30KB, 552x414px
How do I make an awesome punk-rocker bard in a medieval fantasy (read: D&D or regional variant) setting without being silly, the comedy character or just plain out of place?

I really wanna play an anarchist rabblerouser and troublemaker who instigates the common folk to stand up against their betters and stuff while still kicking ass in combat and having epic rock-offs against enemy bards or sirens or what have you.

Bonus points if they use a violin.

Bonus bonus points if you can make the character female without being fetishbait.
>>
sounds pretty straightforward desu

I would do it like this:
>daughter of a wealthy but minor noble family
>learns to play the lute or whatever the fuck at a young age
>brings her family great honor with her growing talent and fame
>her beauty and nimble fingers attract the attention of a lecherous old nobleman during a concert
>by the time she gets off stage the parents have already married her off
>runs away with her instrument in the night, cuts off all her hair, and changes her clothing so she can't be found (cue punk rock music montage)
>spends the rest of her life adventuring and playing music for her daily bread
>>
>>44747159
>fetishbait
Fuck you, you pathetic D&D simpleton
>>
>>44747159
have you tried not playing d&d?
>>
>>44747229

Forgot actual gameplay details:
>typically high knowledge and CHA rolls because she's a well-educated noble who knows how to put on some manners when necessary
>probably should build toward silent image, charm person, and other "useful" (kek) bard spells
>at a high level try to avoid healing spells cause it's not really character appropriate. maybe go for animate objects, summoning, eyebite (which would be a great name for a punk band btw), etc
>>
File: randall flagg.jpg (28KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
randall flagg.jpg
28KB, 400x348px
>>44747159
Do this. You don't even need a violin
>>
>>44747287
But First Citizen Flagg isn't a girl.
>>
>>44747273

Yes, but that's what my group plays right now. It's easy, casual fun and high-flying adventure and it's okay for what it does. Not my favourite system though.

Damn, you got me. Well, here's your reply I guess.
>>
>>44747159
Why is she crying?
>>
>>44747444
I assume she is a Redsox supporter.
>>
>>44747229
So basically yet another home run angry child.
How refreshing.
>>
>>44747159
Read up on Woody Guthrie.
>>
File: Giwrgos.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Giwrgos.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44747159
Here is my take on the metal bard for pathfinder.

Caution: Optimizers, munchkins and powergamers, yes, i know this guy is not well made. I sacrificed power for something that is cool thematically.

He has a hell of a buff that he gives when he starts playing. He has half starting gold for his level. He can fight a bit, but has only 8 AC (6 after buffs if i remember correctly). Bard hp. Generally a guy who inspires rage and battlehunger with his electric guitar (custom magic instrument with permanent ghost sound).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.