[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: 1c.png (857KB, 1499x801px) Image search: [Google]
1c.png
857KB, 1499x801px
Hey /tg/
There is no Civ General

Seems to be a lot of them popping up now days. Some of them are even pretty good.

Feel free to discuss and share civs.
>>
>>44733024
Why would you need that incomplete image with awfully stretched images, when all those races are on the classic image?

Also, the last two civ generals died a silent dead, so I don't think we actually need this one.
>>
>>44733024
why is there no civ thread going?
>>
>>44733084
He's right. Civs are dead atm
>>
>>44733237
It's probably temporary, these kinds of things naturally come in waves. Pushing civs every day and trying to 'improve' them is fruitless, we better just let the civ-genre sleep for a while and pick it back up some time in the future.
>>
>>44733182

Because there is a God and He is kind.

Seriously, maybe one out of every twenty civ threads I see aren't entirely terrible. People seem to think that a coherent and entertaining setting will just spring up out of nothing when they post the civ image.

People vote, then OP realizes he doesn't actually have a plan for how to move forward because he's forced to think up a setting and some kind of conflict-heavy plot on the spot. It just doesn't fucking work that way.

If you want to run a quest, fine. Do it.

If you want to use the civ image to inspire the quest and help you out with populating your own homebrew setting, fine. Do it.

If you want to take all the stats from the civ image, make them canon and use them in your quest, fine. Do it.

But don't hold a best of three vote on an oft-circulated image and just expect the setting to create itself once anon reaches a conclusion.

That is why civ quests usually suck.
>>
>>44733587
if you know how to do one; would you do one?
>>
>>44733237
Tide of Ages is going strong
>>
>>44733084
Because I prefer photography to dungeonpunk digital "art".
>>
>>44733587
Probably why OPs abandon them so often. They try to get their feet wet, some can come up with things on the spot and make up a good story, but they get bored quickly because the idea and the setting aren't theirs, so the novelty wears off fast. Also due to dwindling participants from lack of popularity. Honestly civ quests are in limbo. They're the most popular quest threads, but they're just not popular enough to properly float.
>>
>>44733752
Then why did you stretch those photographs into that ungodly way? Have you no sense of basic aesthetics?!
Just make your fields taller, cut that halfling pic and unstretch the others.
>>
>>44733788
Civs are gateway quests.
Maybe they are fine living in that limbo.
>>
>>44733752
If you preferred photography you would have at least made an effort to make it presentable. But you're just on a mission to shitpost what's left of the community to death.
>>
This all kind of bums me out, Iw as hoping to continue hosting my Civ when I got home from work but by the looks of it there is little point.

Should I bother even trying to run my civ anymore?

If I transfer to a Quest Thread, what is different? Im afraid I dont know all that much about Quests.
>>
>>44734335
If you get posters in your civ, why would you quit?
This is general, you shouldn't worry about the general stuff, do your own stuff.
Why are you asking us for?
>>
>>44734335
there is no distinctive difference between a quest and a civ, you need to invent your own style and rules for both.
>>
>>44733797
>>44733835
It was made to fit the original chart.
>>
>>44734447
go home myrm
>>
>>44733587
Well said.
I love good civ threads. Sadly, they are rare.
They tend to reach a point ( quickly), where I can almost feel the cm going " wtf now?".
Its painful to watch.
I know that everyone expects something different in a civ, finding a "fun" middle ground isn't easy.
Somethings that might help:
1) namefags only. This prevents a little bit of the random dropins that try to do retarded shit
2) make the players reach an agreement as best as possible, be ready to mix all their ideas up and pour out a post that's fair
3) cm's answer questions a bit better. If a player is asking, that's showing interest. Feed that.
4) don't give too many options. Make the players decide the action. Instead of:
>hunt
>search
>build
Just ask them their action.
5) keep going, don't bail on it
I know, easier said than done, and none of that is to everyone's preference.
This is all just my opinion.
>>
>>44734608
Cm's, if you're not comfortable running a (x) civ, don't bother starting it. If you only want to do dwarves, don't let players pick slimes, and then you lose interest. Just offer to run a dwarf civ.
>>
>>44733788
And keeping track of resources gets to be a pain
>>
>>44734335
Just make a thread and see if you get players. Don't forget to put quest tag as well.

Honestly people need to add quest tags.
>>
>>44735523
>Honestly people need to add quest tags.
They do.
And if not, they get told, so they do either way.
>>
>>44734608
>Just ask them their action.
That never works. They freeze up and decide nothing.
>>
>>44734694
>>44734608
>>44733587

These people all have the right idea, and ironically, it's one of the things myrm is shitposting against the hardest, except he simply wants to replace the charts with meaningless nonsense. I would prefer the charts be removed entirely, or at least curtailed severely.

I've explained this a number of times, actually, but I think it's worth repeating.

When you use the chart, you are not starting a civ, you are starting an argument. You will now attract all kinds of players, many of whom are not interested at all in most of the given options save one or two, and they will vote for that option and argue with everyone else, or simply leave when their option looses. You have a cluster of uninterested people who are focusing on the superficial race and location to the detriment of all else.

Instead, when you start a civ, think of what you want to run. Make a civ yourself, one you would enjoy running for a long time and can think of good ideas for, then just run it. Don't ask for a vote, just start with that civ in that location. Instead of attracting lots of bickering anons fighting over what they want to play, you will get a moderate number of anons who find the premise of your opening post interesting enough to take a peek at, and you can begin your civ without an instant argument and with a far more like minded group of players.

This is the exact same reason people in the Quest General claim character generation kills a quest in the womb. It starts an argument before you've even begun and drives players away while ensuring that the character won't be a fun person to write for for the QM. Nobody wins.

At the very most, the chart should be used only for the CM as a tool for preparing for the civ, or as a stat block listing the different races the players may encounter, which could be useful if the civ they are playing has multiple races or otherwise needs to keep the different races in mind during play, but that's it.
>>
>>44735953
Well said.
>>
>>44734335
What was your civ?
>>
>>44735953
Very true.
>>
>>44735953
10/10 post

inb4 samefag
>>
>>44735817
>mfw tg is so introverted they can't into ideas on their own
>>
>>44735953
Actually, to better facilitate this, I'd like to see more charts come equipped with a kind of "this is you" section of some sort. Something to indicate that the chart is more for information then any kind of selection. Preferably something set on a grid that is easy to rearrange as needed in paint, as well as allow for custom made races and species to be added in even by CMs that are inept at editing images.

I think such a chart would go a long way over the current charts we have that tend to become meaningless after the first vote.
>>
>>44735953
>>/b/
>>
File: deepSpaceWaspKing.png (973KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
deepSpaceWaspKing.png
973KB, 800x571px
>>44735953
>shitposting

Disagreeing with the hivemind isn't shitposting.
>>
File: PnqB2N4.jpg (56KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
PnqB2N4.jpg
56KB, 480x270px
>>44736387
Hes 100% right.
The sooner you accept it the sooner you can grow as a fa/tg/uy
>>
>>44736387
Same
>>44736416
Fag
>>
>>44736451
Oh let the autistic kids play to, anon!
They can be so entertaining.
>>
>>44736237
>implying I'm not manic-depressive extrovert
>>
>>44736387
>>44736451
It isn't me. I alway make sure to properly link people to /b/ when they shitpost.
>>
>>44736663
Is that a thing?
>>
>>44736643
Fine, fine. Youre right.

Hold onto this while I put together my civ.
>>
>>44736684
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_II_disorder#Hypomanic_episodes
>>
File: W_myrmidon.png (2MB, 704x1134px) Image search: [Google]
W_myrmidon.png
2MB, 704x1134px
>>44735953
>>44736304
I tried this and it failed miserably.
>>
>>44736770
That's because you were an asshole. All the technical guides in the world can't help you if you're just an asshole.
>>
>>44736680
Just because someone doesn't agree with you, and in doing so makes a great point, doesn't mean their shit posting.
No
YOU are the one shit posting.
>>
>>44736822
No, you're the asshole. You continue to give the same complaints even when you've been told that it undermines the civilization's premises.

You constantly appeal to the lowest common denominator and completely ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrow range of tastes.
>>
>>44736834
See >>44736874

Stop shitposting. Leave.

Nobody wants your stifling bullshit any more.
>>
>>44736895
You first m8
>>
>>44736874
That is quite literally the exact opposite of what I just said.
But of course you know that. If you were being serious right now and not just shitposting on purpose, you would be too stupid to operate a modern computer.

Not everyone here was here for your myrmidon civ, but I was. I remember asking for advice and receiving plenty of helpful words of wisdom from popular and successful CMs of the time, and you didn't just ignore that advice, no, that would have been fine, you slap it back in their faces and start tossing insults. You drove away everyone who tried to help you, and in the end, drove away your players.

You were an asshole. There is no way to dispute that fact, and ever since you have been obsessed with ruining everything for everyone here because your dick didn't get sucked that one time on the internet.

I'm sorry for you, I honestly am, because I just can't even comprehend how horrible it must be to be as petty, contrarian, and angry of a person as you.
>>
>>44737056
Anon hes not going to listen to logic or reason. You're wasting your time.
>>
>>44737056
I was there, funnily enough I was one of the CMs who offered my advice and got back exactly what I expected.

Its okay tho because the internet is a big place, and even small people like me can ignore assholes like myrm
>>
>>44737156
He's not an ass hole.
He's just really autistic.
>>
>>44737056
See >>44736874
>You continue to give the same complaints even when you've been told that it undermines the civilization's premises
>>
File: 0c.png (3MB, 1288x990px) Image search: [Google]
0c.png
3MB, 1288x990px
>>44737284
I've been tested for some things but autism was never amongst them...
>>
>>44737141
I've listened to everyone who was on topic. Few were on topic, however.
>>
>>44738055
I wish I could live in the same fantasy world as you. Where everything I say is right and everyone who things differently is wrong.
It must be so wonderful being so self-centered
>>
>>44738122
Take your rudeposting to >>>/b/ .
>>
>>44738175
Good to see you never change either. Still shitposting about the same things. Its refreshing.
>>
File: lanternman.png (703KB, 538x770px) Image search: [Google]
lanternman.png
703KB, 538x770px
Let's get back on topic.

Who would be interested in continuing (or starting a new) Lanternfolk Civilization Quest?
>>
>>44738352
Me.
Start it up.
>>
>>44738352
How the fuck do Lanternfolk work?
>>
>>44738373
I don't know if I have the energy tonight.

>>44738379
They are just people with lanterns for heads. So, basically like a human but they can burn shit.
>>
>>44738373
Thank you for the support.
>>
File: soul.png (153KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
soul.png
153KB, 600x450px
>>44736770
Such is life.
>>
>>44738894
>>
Hehehe. Hahaha.

I've been standing in line all day, and will continue to do so for several more hours.

Writing up a civ/oneshot for Myrmibolds, ant-kobolds who have lost their queen and as such are slowly turning less ant and more lizard.

Posting from phone; I promise neither quality nor timely updates. Definitely no pictures, either.
>>
>>44739492
That sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>44739565
Too late!

>>44739746
>>
File: Untitled.png (876KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
876KB, 700x700px
>>44739768
It is already dead.
>>
>>44739768
Joining!
>>
>bump
>>
oh well, that went alright.
>>
>>44745619
It was shit! A SHIT!
>>
>>44745688
something something overly long LN title that talks about individual civs as waifus
>>
>>44745863
>Not personalizing civs as hot waifus
>The succubus demon
>The human peasant girl
>The orc's chieften's assertive daughter
>The feminine purple crystalid girl
>The colorful arrogant lizard lady reminds you every day how lucky you are to even lick her tummy
>>
File: 888.png (115KB, 179x329px) Image search: [Google]
888.png
115KB, 179x329px
Anyone knows the source of this image?
>>
>>44745913
to be fair, this whole concept is not unlike Neptunia....
>>
>>44746001
Did you make an insect civ not too long ago?
If you did, why aren't you continuing it?

If you didn't, why aren't you making a civ thread now?
>>
>>44746158
no

i don't like accelerated mutation setups, and it wouldn't be sporting to give up on the one I'm technically still running until it archives.
>>
>>44746176
It's like 20 minutes from being archived and there might be players willing to enter a fresh thread. Weird to maintain sportsmanship for nobody's sake when it's abandoned.
>>
>>44746254
it's been 20 minutes from being archived for more than an hour.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.